Threes a Crowd

Harrys Mistress

Rating: R
Genres: Romance
Relationships: Harry & Hermione
Book: Harry & Hermione, Books 1 - 5
Published: 30/11/2003
Last Updated: 08/07/2004
Status: Completed

This story is now "Needing You" and "Late Night" combined into one story! Harry and Hermione get closer...a lot closer. How will Ron react to seeing his two friends together? Read to find out.

1. Chapter 1

A lot of people request I put all three stories, in one…so I decided to do it! I’m deleting Needing You and Late Night and making it all, Three’s a Crowd. This fic is completed, so just give me some time to upload all the chapters! Hope you enjoy!!!

Three’s A Crowd

Chapter 1

Sixteen-year-old Harry Potter stormed out of the Burrow as his temper started to rise. He tried to count to ten, hoping it would calm him, as he made his way to the trees. They were doing it again. The Weasleys....the only family he had left....they were treating him as if he was same fragile China doll. Constantaly walking around eggshells when he was around, hardly ever looking him directly in the eye. Always looking warily at him, as if they expected him to suddenly start to yell and scream like some crazy person. Something which he was guilty of doing in the past, which he will be the first to admit, however if they kept it up, he would sure explode all right.

Harry bit back a scream as he pressed his hands on a tree trunk, pushing it hard hoping that all the tension would come out of him. He knew they had his best interest in heart. He had lost Sirius. The only father he ever knew. His Godfather. It hurt. The pain he felt in his heart every time he thought about his loss was unbearable. The Weasley's thought that distance was the way to go...taking it easy, giving him space. Couldn't they understand that he didn't want that? The last thing he wanted was to be alone. He wanted to laugh, he wanted to goof off with his friend Ron....he wanted to do...something...ANYTHING, to keep his mind off of what he had witnessed just a few months ago.

Mrs. Weasley was the worst. She treated him like he was some scarred little baby who had been through a traumatic experience. Okay, so he HAD been through one, but that didn't give her the right to treat her that way. "are you sure you're okay, Harry?" Why don't you go like down, harry? Would you like to make you a cup of tea, Harry?" It was enough to make anyone stark raving mad. He wasn't a baby, he was sixteen years old, he didn't want her to behave that way towards him. Every time she looked at him he could see how much she felt sorry for him....how much she pitied him.....he really wish she wouldn't. He didn't want any sympathy. He just wanted to feel normal again. And Ron. He wanted his friend back, he wanted the goofy guy he knew that would talk Quidditch with him, laugh and play chess with. Not the guy that hardly every spoke two words, not the guy who always looked at him warily as if he expected Harry to start snapping at him for no reason whatsoever. Even the twins weren't themselves when he was around. What he wouldn't give for them to show him a new product for their store. But no....they didn't even crack a smile when Harry was around and when they did, it was quick and uneasy.

"Damn them," he cursed as he kicked the trunk of the tree before whipping around and falling back against it as he continue to pout. And to make matters worse, Hermione would be arriving any minute and he had this gut feeling that she was going to act the very same....why wouldn't she? She worried about him more than anyone he knew? Even Sirius couldn't hold a candle to her worrying. The thought of having to see those familiar brown eyes.....filled with worry as she looked at him, made his stomach flip quite unpleasantly. She had looked at him like that so many times in the past he could clearly picture it in his mind, which he was doing at that moment. He hated it. It was almost as worse as when her eyes filled up on the waterworks.

"Harry?"

Harry's ears perked when he heard Hermione's uneasy voice from just over the hill. Great....here it goes. "Harry!" Maybe if he just stayed there and said nothing she would give up and go away. "Harry, where are you?" He could sense her start to panic, so he quickly pushed off from the tree and made his way over to the hill. He didn't want her to worry.

"Hermione?" he called out as he walked over the slight hill and saw her just outside Mrs. Weasley's garden.

Their eyes met and her face lit up like one of the twin's famous fireworks from last year. "Harry!" she shrieked and started to run at him.

Harry stopped and blinked as he watched Hermione run towards him. She did not look worried or sad.....she didn't have one trace of evidence on her face that she might break down and cry. She looked, on the other hand....happy and excited. The wind was playfully tugging at her long brown hair as it streamed behind her when she ran. Her smile was bright and real. She flew into his arms with just as much force as she did last year, but this time it did knock him over. "Ooof," he grunted he fell onto the grass and Hermione collapsing on top of him. "Ow."

She laughed. "Sorry...oh Harry I'm so glad to see you!" she said as she hugged him.

Harry blushed as he placed his hands on her back. She was on top of him.....he couldn't believe he was lying flat on his back in the grass, hugging his best friend. It felt....it felt great. He was still however....embarrassed that she was on top of him. "Er....it's good to see you too, Hermione."

Hermione lifted her head up and supported herself on her hands as she beamed down at him. "How was your summer? Did the Dursley's take the Order's threats seriously? I'm so sorry I wasn't here sooner, but I was on vacation with my parents, I haven't seen them in forever and...."

"Er...Hermione?" he said with an uneasy smile, hoping to cut her off.

She swallowed her words. "Yes?"

"Um....do you think maybe....er....you could...." He looked down between their bodies and back up at her eyes as his brows were high with questioning.

Her face flushed. "Oh! I'm so sorry, of course," she said as she quickly got up and lent a hand up for Harry. "I was excited to see you and I didn't realize...."

"It's okay," he said quickly with a lopsided grin. "It's really good to see you, Hermione. You have no idea how good." Finally....someone who looked at him.....really looked.

She smiled softly. "Come on, let's go inside. It's rather hot and I've got some unpacking to do."

He nodded. "Okay....I'll come help if you like?" he asked as he followed her back to the house. He wanted to stay with her, he did not want to be left alone with everyone else.

"If you want....we can catch up."

Harry followed her through the back door still smiling and feeling in a far better mood thanks to Hermione. He didn't even look at any of them as he walked passed the kitchen to the stairs. "And where are you two off to?" Mrs. Weasley asked with a slight tone of surprise in her voice.

"I'm just going to pack, Mrs. Weasley, Harry's going to help," she said as she paused on the stairs to talk to her.

"Hermione," Ron said uneasily. "I don't think Harry would want to spend his time pack....."

"I offered," Harry said sharply as he whipped his head towards Ron. "We'll be upstairs. Let's go."

"O-okay," she stuttered as she made her way back up the stairs all the way to Ginny's room. Ginny was currently out of town spending the summer with Charlie in Romania, so Hermione had the room to herself. Harry tried hard not to slam the door, before he stalked over to the bed plopped down on the end of it. He felt a hand on his shoulder and he jerked as he looked up and saw that worried look. "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to jump," he said quickly desperate to erase the look on her face.

"Are you all right?" she asked warily.

He sighed. "I'm fine, Hermione...I'm just....kind of annoyed at how they treat me."

She gave him a look of understanding. "Yes, I figured as much," she sighed before she left and walked over to her trunk and lifted it open.

Harry blinked at her. "How do you know?"

"Well," she said as she turned around holding a number of dusty books and went over to set them on her bedside table. "Ron and I talked over the summer....he was worried about how to act around you."

He let out a groan. "I'm his best friend, Hermione, he shouldn't behave differently."

"I know, Harry, but with Ron it's more difficult for him to express his feelings. He cares for you, Harry, but sometimes he can do the wrong thing. I told him not to treat you differently, just be his friend. He said his mom didn't agree and told him to be fragile around you and to give him some time." Hermione shook her head as she sunk down next to him on the bed. "I didn't agree with that. You need your friends more than ever now....I won't treat you like that....I won't."

"Hermione, I think you know me better than anyone," he said with a slight smile.

Hermione let out a laugh. "Oh, Harry, of course I do," she said with a another little laugh as she went back to her trunk to rummage through it. "You're just now figuring that out?"

Harry couldn't help but laugh. "Sorry...a little slow."

"About some things yes," she agreed as she pulled out bottles of soap and shampoo and walked into the bathroom.

"Which things are these exactly?" he called to her.

Hermione poked her head out. "Girls for one," she said with a smile before she popped her head back in.

Harry knew she was talking about his short and disastrous relationship with Cho. "Yeah, yeah...I know I screwed things up with, Cho, I shouldn't have mentioned you I know."

Hermione came out of the bathroom smiling slightly. "You learn from your experiences," she said as she pulled out her Gryffindor cloak and laid it neatly over a chair that was perched in a corner. "Now when you go on dates in the future, you'll remember never to mention me."

"Ridiculous," he muttered. "I should be able to mention you, you are my best friend."

She sighed with a roll of her eyes as she walked over to him. "Harry, you have to understand, it's not the same with me as it is with Ron. I'm a girl. A girl you spend a lot of time with, therefore, while you are on a date with someone, the subject of me should never come up."

He shook his head. "No, if the girl I date can't accept you as a friend, then it's not worth it."

"Harry," she laughed. "They can accept me as your friend....just as long as you give them their full attention when you are on a date with them."

He let out a desperate sigh as he looked at her. "Hermione, you're the only girl I'll EVER understand."

Hermione blushed slightly and quickly turned back to her packing. Harry was wondering why the comment made her blush, he gave her compliments before. He watched her pack and rummage through her trunk and the vision of that awful night at the Ministry flashed in his mind. He saw Hermione fall lifelessly to the floor and his heart dropped just as suddenly. It always did when he thought about how he almost lost her. He closed his eyes to try to get rid of very vivid image of her crumbling to the floor, but it just made it worse. He saw it happen over and over again, like someone kept rewinding and replaying it with their very own personal remote, torturing him for the hell of it. His eyes flew open and let out a shaky breath as he looked over at Hermione, making sure she really was there and he really didn't loose her. [i]I almost lost you[/i]

Hermione turned around. "I'm sorry?"

Harry blinked. [i]Did I just say that out loud?[/i] "I.......it's nothing."

Hermione didn't buy it of course, so she walked over and sat next to him, placing a hand on his arm. "Harry, what is it?"

"I just....I was thinking....about that night...." He mumbled as he looked anywhere but her, but when Hermione bent slightly to try and meet his eyes, he didn't have a choice and flickered his green eyes to her brown ones. "The night I almost lost you."

He watched her expression soften. "Oh, Harry...."

"I thought you were dead," he said in barely a whisper as he looked back down. "It would have been all my fault if you died."

"But I didn't," she assured him as she tilted his chin up so he could look at her. "I'm here, you didn't lose me."

"But what if I did?" he asked as he looked at her desperately.

She shook her head. "Harry, you can't think like that, you'll go crazy."

"But don't you understand," he said angrily as he stood up suddenly walking a few steps away. "I've been like this all summer." He spun around to her. "I've been alone with my thoughts, not having anyone to talk to.....I've watched your fall to the ground over and over again in my head.....I wonder...I wonder how I would react if....if you or Ron were taken from me."

"Oh, Harry...please don't," she cried as tears shone in her eyes.

"If Ron died....I would have reacted the way I did with Sirius." He shoved his hands in his pockets. "I'd be angry and I would yell and scream, track down the killer and make sure he suffered....I wouldn't care how long it took to do it....my whole life if I had too." He looked at her, his stomach clenched when he saw a tear trickle down her cheek. "But with you....Hermione, I don't know if I would be able to go on.....A part of me would die with you....I just....I can't loose you."

She sniffed back her tears as she got up from the bed and ran over to him, pulling him into her arms. "You won't loose me," she whispered softly into his ear.

He returned the hug in full source and buried his face against her neck. "I need you in my life, Hermione," he said as his voice cracked with emotion. "I'm just now realizing it and it scares the hell out of me."

"I need you, too, Harry," she said in return as she started to strum his hair with her fingers.

The feeling comforted Harry as he clenched his jaw and closed his eyes tight, fighting back the tears. Hermione must have sensed this because she calmly told him it was okay....that it was just her and he could cry....he needed to cry. "I never cried in front of anyone before."

"Then let me be the first," she had said and that finally made him break down. The first tear escaped and it dropped on Hermione's neck, followed by many tears after that. All the emotions, all the pain he felt and had been through....he finally expressed them in desperate sobs. He cried for Sirius. He cried for his friends....for putting them in danger and almost losing them. Every feeling, every heartache he had experienced over the years....he cried for. He cried for the loss of his parents....his parents that he never knew and never will. He cried for the loss of Cedric....reliving the night in the graveyard all over again. He wept and mourned and all the while, his best friend Hermione stood patient and still as she held him tight the whole time.

He felt a pair of warm lips touch his temple and a feeling of peace swept over him. His breathing was still shaky, but his sobs were slowing down. He felt her lips again, lingering as she did. Wanting to feel more of this unfamiliar pleasure he slowly lifted his heavy head and was rewarded with another kiss, this time on his scar while pushing back his messy bangs. Knowing she was hurting too, he wanted to return the feeling so he pressed his lips against the soft skin behind her ear and he felt her tremble. Tears were still streaming down his cheeks as he kissed away one of her own tears. He felt her frame his face softly with her hands and rested his forehead against hers.

She swept back a few of his tears as she looked at him mournfully, silently telling him how sorry she was. He was appreciative of this silent interaction, because he didn't want to talk anymore.....he wanted to feel....he wanted the pain to go away, even if it was just for a little bit. He bent his head towards hers slightly and she let out soft sob as she tilted her face so their noses nuzzled and their lips flirted. His forehead leaned against hers once more and he bit his lip when he felt his breath start to quicken. He hesitantly moved his lips closer to hers again and she did the same...slowly....very slowy until finally they met.

He could taste her tears and it reminded him of his first kiss...with Cho. The thought went away just as quickly as it came. This kiss was different. He knew why Hermione was crying...she was crying for him. He let out a desperate sob as he kissed her again, this time pressing harder against her lips. Her arms were around his neck and he pulled her closer from around the waist. He was no longer in pain when he kissed her....it was all gone. His heart was filled with such emotion....new and old...that he thought it would burst. His kisses were short and frantic, their breathing was choppy and ragged as they both clung to one another. Harry didn't know what was going on or why he was all of the sudden kissing his best friend, but he did know that at that moment it felt right and it was what he needed.

He finally tore his lips away and breathlessly buried his face back against her neck. "I'm sorry," he breathed heavily as he held her tight. He took in a shaky breath, taking in her sweet scent....even that was comforting. "Hermione, I'm...."

"Shh, shh," she whispered as her fingers started to strum in his hair once more. "It's okay....it's okay."

He felt a sudden wave of exhaustion sweep over him and his knees practically buckled. "Hermione.....I'm so...I'm tired," he whispered, barley getting the words out as his body started to rely more and more on Hermione for support.

"Let's go to the bed," Hermione said and still held him close as they made their way over to the bed. "Lay down..."

"Don't go," he pleaded as he felt sleep start to take him under. 'Please...."

"I'm not going anywhere," she said and Harry felt her lay down with him. "I'm right here....go to sleep."

He reached for her, making sure she was close before he fell asleep. He could feel her shift onto her side as she got comfortable and his arm went around her waist and pulled her back against his chest. Her soft hair tickled his nose and took one last deep calming breath before he felt his body relax.

He didn't know what exactly happened between him and Hermione, but right now he wasn't going to worry about it. All that mattered was that he felt content and peaceful knowing that she was there next to him. He held her close and when his hand found hers, their fingers linked as sleep finally over came him.

Off far in the distance of his mind, he heard the door slowly creak open then seconds later a familiar voice that said, "I don't think they're coming down for dinner, Mum."

2. Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Harry stirred as he felt himself start to wake from the deep sleep that had taken him over. The room was dark and the house was dead silent and the only noise he heard was the deep breathing of someone lying near him. Hermione.

He then remembered what had happened. The comfort she gave him when he broke into tears, the emotional kiss they exchanged and the utter exhaustion that swept over them both, before collapsing into a deep sleep. He could feel her body curled up against him and noticed that his arm was still wrapped securely around and their fingers were still clasped. He lifted his head off the pillow and peered over her shoulder to look down at her face that was exposed from the soft moonlight shining through the window. Tears stained her cheek and the sight tore away at him, knowing that those tears were for him....she cried for him.

Harry found himself leaning down and kissing her tear stained cheek, before he gently began to ease out of bed, trying his best not to disturb her. He grabbed the blanket that was folded at the end of the bed and placed it over her body to keep her from getting cold, since the warmth he had provided would be gone. He secured the blanket carefully, making sure it covered her well and casually pushed a strand of hair out of her eyes, before making himself finally back away.

He exited the room, making his way down the creaky stairs towards the kitchen, hoping that Mrs. Weasley left out some leftovers, since his stomach was screaming for food. He walked into the dark kitchen, feeling is way over to the table for the one oil lamp he knew stood in the middle of the table. He turned it on, giving the kitchen a soft glow and then made his way to the stove to see something wrapped in tin foil. He peeled it back and his tummy grumbled in anticipation when he saw it was pumpkin pie....his favorite.

Not bothering to grab a plate, he brought the whole dish to the table, along with silverware and then looked in the cooler to see that she had whip cream to go with it, so he grabbed that as well. He started to dig in as his mind started to wander to a certain girl that was still upstairs fast asleep.

What exactly happened between him and Hermione? Did this change everything? Did he ruin the one true friendship he had? Does this mean that he had feelings for her? All these questions that ran through his mind, he didn't know how to answer them. It was Hermione. The girl he knew since he was eleven. The girl that was always by his side, that helped him whenever he asked...and even when he didn't ask. She was his best friend. His one true friend that he trusted more than anyone else....even more than Ron.

And just a few hours ago....they had crossed the line. The line that he thought he'd never cross with Hermione....but he did. He remembered all to well. The way she felt against him when he held her, the way her sweet, but subtle scent filled his senses and they way it felt when their lips touched. It was a state of complete satisfaction....complete peacefulness. It was nothing he'd ever felt before.

"Harry?"

His head shot up to the sound of her voice and his heart dropped when he saw her standing there by the doorway. She had changed into her pajamas, which looked like they were one size too big on her since it practically swallowed her and her hair was down, still rumpled from sleep. She looked.....rather cute. "Hermione..."

"I...er....I woke up and you were gone," she said as she slowly made her way into the kitchen. "I figured you'd be down here."

"Yeah....I was...a little hungry," he said as he started to poke at his pie with his fork.

"I see," she said and then padded over to the table and sat down next to him. "Is that pumpkin pie?"

He nodded as he looked down at it "Yeah, it's pretty good," he said as he speared a piece. "Want a bite?" He held up the forkful of pumpkin pie smeared in whip cream and when she nodded he placed a hand under the fork to prevent crumbs from falling.

She placed a hand over the hand holding the fork as she took the pumpkin pie into her mouth. "Mmm, that's really good," she said as she savored the sweet taste in her mouth.

Harry nodded in agreement then nervously took another bite himself, since he didn't know quite what to say. He offered another bite and she took it willingly as their eyes met. Harry felt himself blush so he quickly looked away and stared at the half eaten pumpkin pie. After a moment, he glanced another look over at her and she was still looking at him with a look in her eyes that he never saw before. What look was that exactly? Before he could figure it out he saw something that made him start to smile.

"What?" she asked when he started to chuckle.

He laughed softly. "You uh...have some whip cream on your face," he told her as he pointed to the corner of his own mouth.

"Oh," she said embarrassed as she wiped at her mouth.

"It happens to the best of us," he said as he reached over and cupped her chin, and wiped clean of the dab she missed with a swipe of his thumb. "There....got it."

"Thanks," she said shyly as she blushed.

He cleared his throat as he tore his eyes away. "Um, no problem."

Silence filled the room once more and Harry tried desperately to say something...anything to kill the awkwardness between them. It was Hermione for crying out loud, he could talk to her about anything and better yet he could be with her for hours and they never would have to say anything and still feel comfortable with each other. So, why did this silence eat him up like this?

"Harry..."

"Hermione, listen," he said quickly before she could go on. "What happened.....up there, I....it was..."

"Don't," she said barely in a whisper.

He blinked as he looked into her eyes. "Don't what?"

She shook her said. "Don't say it was a mistake.....Harry, it wasn't a mistake."

His eyes lingered on hers, before he looked down at his plate. "Hermione...you're my friend, I...I shouldn't have done that, I...."

"You were hurt," she told him as she placed a hand on his arm. "You needed comfort...and so did I. We gave it to each other, it was convenient, Harry."

"Convenient?"

She blushed and looked down at her lap. "Well, I was there...when you were hurting. It could have been anyone else....Cho...or Ginny."

He studied her, not believing his ears. "Is that what you think? That I would have done it to anyone if it wasn't you?"

She dared to look up at him. "Wouldn't you?"

"No," he said bluntly, not even hesitating to think his answer through. "Of course not. I never would have opened myself like that to anyone but you, Hermione." He reached over and grabbed her hand with both of his, clasping them together tightly. "Hermione, I need you. I need you as my friend, I need you by my side.....I need you in my life...always. I've never opened myself like this up to anyone, I've always kept my feelings bottled up, but I can't do that with you. Not anymore."

Hermione sniffled as she fought back the tears. "Oh, Harry," she cried as she flew out of her chair and hugged him, desperately clinging to him while he pulled her on his lap, returning the hug just as urgently. "I love you, Harry. We all love you....don't ever think differently."

Harry buried his face against her neck, breathing in that familiar scent again. "I..." He swallowed the large lump in his throat, because he was about to say something he never said to anyone before. "I love you too," he said, his voice cracking with emotion.

Hermione leaned back so she could look at him and couldn't help but sob out a laugh. "Look at us...blubbering like a couple of saps."

He chuckled as he wiped a tear away from his face. "What is it with you making me cry, Hermione?"

She sniffed as she dabbed her own eyes. "I don't know....you make me crazy, Harry Potter."

Harry grinned as he reached behind her back and dipped his finger in the whip cream. "Likewise, Hermione Granger," he said as he tapped a glob of whip cream on her nose.

She gasped as she rubbed it off. "Why you little sneak!" she said as she got some whip cream of her own and smeared a huge glob over his mouth.

Harry just laughed as he wiped off as much as he could with his hands. "We're making a mess!"

"I'm not the one who started it," she giggled as she started to lick her fingers clean with her mouth.

Harry grinned as he sucked off some cream on his thumb. "You missed a spot...on your lip."

"Did I?" she asked as she started to wipe it off. "Where?"

Harry grabbed her wrist before she could wipe it clean. "Here," he said and found himself tilting his head up until his lips found hers in a soft, gentle kiss, as the small dab of whip cream began to melt away.

What was going on? Could someone please tell him why he was kissing is best friend in a deserted kitchen during the middle of the night? Better yet...why was he enjoying it? How did he miss this? It was only a few short hours ago when Hermione was just.....well...Hermione. She was his pal, his best friend.

But now.....she was so much more. She was a girl. Soft and beautiful sitting on his lap, returning his kiss with shyness. Her lips were slack underneath his as he continued to nip at them softly. Her mouth was like another world waiting for him to explore it. He wanted to look at her...to see what she was thinking. He slowly broke contact and his eyes flickered up to hers. She was smiling...very softly, almost like a smirk.

"Did you get it?"

Harry was in such a daze it took him a second to realize she was talking about the whip cream. He couldn't help but grin. "Looks like it." He wanted to kiss her again. Where was this coming from? "I better make sure I get it all."

Hermione giggled as he leaned to kiss her again. Hermione giggled? He made Hermione giggle? He pulled away right before he would have made contact and looked at her amusingly. "What?" she asked confused.

"You just giggled."

Her jaw dropped. "I did not."

"Yeah ya did," he laughed. "Like a little school girl."

"Harry," she laughed.

"Ah! You did it again...and now you're blushing. Interesting. The Hermione I never knew existed."

She sighed as she gave him a look. "Are you done?"

He chuckled. "Yeah, I think so." Merlin it was good to laugh. Being with her this way made him feel like a normal teenager...with hormones.

"Good," she said. "No more talking."

"Talking is overrated," he agreed as he moved his hands up to cradle her face gently. He swept his thumb across her cheek and brought her face back down to his. He slid his fingers in her hair and then let them travel down her neck, over her shoulders and lingered as they reached her torso. He could feel her delicate hands resting on his shoulders and he soon felt the need for more and to be closer to her. As wonderful as their short and sweet kisses were, they just weren't enough for him all of the sudden. Before he could even think of what to do next, his instincts took over and his tongue reached out and lightly touched hers.

He felt his whole body burst and heard her breath in a sharp breath. He was ready to pull away and apologize...thinking he did something wrong, when Hermione all of the sudden opened her mouth wider to him. Well, that was sure enough sign for him, so he teasingly ran his tongue along her bottom lip.

She trembled and her grip on him tightened and he leaned up in his chair and pulled her closer until his whole upper body was touching every inch of his.

"I've never kissed anyone before," Hermione whispered against his mouth.

"Really?" He kissed her and lingered. "Well, you do it perfectly."

She smiled against his lips when he kissed her again. "Good to know," she breathed right before Harry kissed her again, this time more deeply. She let out a soft whimper and Harry took that as a good sign, hoping he was kissing just as good as Hermione. In fact, as far as he was concern he was experiencing his first kiss as well, because this had surpassed Cho's kiss....they weren't even in the same category. "Harry....please, I..."

"I know," he breathed between kisses as their mood turned from slow and lazy to fast and desperate. Their tongues clashed, hands groped and caressed as a need exploded between the two of them. Hermione tried to scoot closer to him on his lap but she let out a frustrating moan when she wasn't getting anywhere. Feeling the same frustration he jumped out of the seat and the legs scraped against the wooden floor and the table shook when Harry set Hermione on top of it. Their lips never broke contact, but now Harry was standing between her legs, his fingers were lost in her hair as his tongue massaged hers.

Hermione lifted her knees up and jerked her hips up towards his to receive better contact and wrapped her legs around his waist. Wow....nice move, Hermione. Harry slowed the kiss down, nibbling at her lips before he kissed the corner of her mouth and then trailed them down her jaw slowly making his way to her neck. He felt her arch her back and grip his hair tightly when his tongue flicked out on her skin. He still didn't know where all this was coming from and how he knew what to do. All he knew was that he felt good kissing her...being with her this way. He needed this and he needed her. Why didn't he see it sooner? "Hermione," he whispered in her ear. He wanted to tell her so much but he couldn't find the words that expressed what he was feeling. He thought about it...in his head and when he was about to open his mouth he heard her gasp and her whole body went rigid. "Hermione?"

She didn't say anything but remained still so he leaned back and looked at her eyes to see she was looking at something over his shoulder. "Hermione? What..." He looked over his own shoulder and there by the door was his best friend....his other best friend. "Ron."

3. Chapter 3

Chapter 3

He stood there looking completely dumfounded. "No," he said barely in a whisper.

"Ron," Hermione pleaded.

"No!" he said more forceful this time and held up his hands to ward them off. "Don't....just don't."

How could he have forgotten about Ron? Harry's stomach clenched when he saw the look of disgust on Ron's face. He knew how he felt about Hermione, even though Ron had never told him directly, it wasn't hard to figure out. He didn't plan for this...he didn't plan for these feelings. "Ron, please...."

"Don't even start, Harry!" he yelled angrily. "I just....I can't look at you two, you're not who I thought you were!"

"Ron, please!" Hermione cried as they watched him stalk angrily out of the backdoor. "Oh, Harry, what have we done."

Harry sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair. "It's okay," he finally said as he stepped back over to her and ran his hands up and down her arms. "We didn't do anything wrong, okay? It just looked bad from Ron's point of view."

She sniffed back her tears. "He looked so hurt."

"I know," he said and then kissed her forehead. "I need to go after him, he shouldn't be out by himself."

She wiped back some tears. "I'm going with you."

"Hermione...."

"I am Harry," she said as she scooted off the table. "He's my friend, too."

Harry tried to think of something to argue with, but the look in her eyes made him realize that no matter what he said would change her mind. "Okay...let's go."

Together they walked out to the back of the Burrow where the garden was, but there was no sign of Ron. "He must have gone farther...maybe to the Quidditch pitch." He grabbed her hand and pulled her out through the gate and headed towards the trees. "Ron!" he yelled hoping it would get his attention.

"Ron, please come out!" Hermione pleaded as she spun in a circle looking frantically for him. "Harry, where could he be?"

"I don't know," he said starting to get worried. "Maybe he...." He never finished his sentence, because out of know where a powerful force knocked him off his feet and to the ground. He felt the wind get knocked out of him when he felt a heavy weight slam on top of him and he soon realized that it was Ron. "Ron," he croaked trying to get his breath.

"How could you!" he yelled as he angrily pounded his fist at his face and was able to get one clean hit, but Harry weakly held his arms up to block the following blows.

"Ron!" Hermione cried as she tried to tug on his arm. "Please don't!"

"Get off!" Ron said angrily as he swung his arm trying to push her off.

Hermione cried in pain as she was toppled over on the grass and Harry exploded. "Don't you dare hurt her!" he yelled and then finally fought back with a vengeance. Who needed a wand when this much anger was adrenaline through your veins. He reached and managed to get a clean hit across Ron's face with his elbow and then flipped him over until he was now on top fighting back. He could hear Hermione whimpering in the background and a part of him wanted to be there for her, but he was so mad at Ron his anger overruled.

"What on earth is going on?!" a familiar voice rang out and only a part of Harry heard it and Ron must have not cared because he didn't stop fighting either. "Stop it! This instance!"

Harry felt something pulling him off of Ron and he struggled to break free, but the force was too strong. He then saw Fred and George picking up Ron by both arms and trying desperately to hold him back as well. He looked behind him to see Mr. Weasley holding him back and Mrs. Weasley was standing there looking shocked and angry.

"What is the meaning of this?!" she cried as she walked over to Hermione who was still crying. "Can someone please tell me why you two were at each others throats and why Hermione here has a black eye?!"

"Ron hit her!" Harry growled as he tried to pull away from Mr. Weasley's grasp.

"I didn't mean too!" Ron yelled back. "If you two didn't go behind my back it wouldn't have happened!"

"We didn't go behind your back, Ron!" Harry yelled back.

"You were kissing her!" he yelled back and everyone grew silent. "You were kissing Hermione....our Hermione! On my mom's kitchen table!"

Harry swallowed hard. He heard Mrs. Weasley gasp and saw Hermione look shamelessly to the ground. He then heard one of the twins say, "Man, am I glad we decided to stay here tonight! Bloody brilliant!"

Silence followed, for how long Harry didn't know. But finally Mrs. Weasley spoke. "I want everyone inside in the kitchen. We're all going to have a little chat."


"Excellent!" Fred boasted.

"Minus to two of you," Mrs. Weasley said firmly as they made their way back inside. "You two go on back to bed."

"Oh mum, you're no fun!" Fred said and then he and George left with no qualm, but Harry was quite sure they would pull out the Extendable Ears and still listen. Harry glanced over at Hermione and caught her eye and they were still swimming with tears. His stomach clenched with anger again at the site of the bruise on her left one. He tried to tell her that everything was going to be okay just by looking at her, hoping to communicate with her through his stare. He kept his eyes on her until they were seated down at the kitchen table where only moments ago he and Hermione were engaged in a passionate kiss. Would he still be holding her...kissing her if Ron never showed up?

"Okay," Mrs. Weasley said breaking the silence once more. "I don't know what exactly happened but your behavior tonight was unacceptable, especially you boys. Fighting gets you know where."

"But Mom..."

"Quite, Ron," she said softly but forcefully. "I am your mother and you are my responsibility, but this situation is out of my hands. Only the three of you can work this out, so therefore I will not get in the middle of it. However, there will be no fighting again. If I catch you two at it again, I will send Harry and Hermione back home and Ron, you will be grounded for the rest of the summer...do make myself clear?"

Ron let out a disgruntled laugh. "Go ahead and send them home now, see if I care."

"I will do no such thing," Mrs. Weasley said. "That is up to Harry and Hermione. I would hope that your friendship would mean more to you than that and I hope that you fix it. Now, with that said, Ron, go on up to bed, I'd like to speak to Harry and Hermione."

"Fine," he grumbled and angrily stood up before stalking out of the room.

Once he left, Harry felt the pressure of Mrs. Weasley's stare alternating back between the two of them. Harry thought of her as a mother and the thought of her being disappointed in him in anyway made him feel sick. He would rather be anywhere else....even facing Voldemort again didn't seem as bad as this.

"Harry...Hermione," she started giving them a forced smile. "Now we're going to have a little chat."

"Mrs. Weasley?" Harry asked softly after a moment of silence.

"Yes, Harry," she said quietly folding her hands on the table and waited patiently for him to talk.

"Before we talk about this...could you please heal, Hermione? I....I can't bare to look at her eye any longer."

Mrs. Weasley's cold stare softened a bit and looked over at Hermione who was looking across the table at Harry. "Of course, Harry." She reached over and placed her fingers under her chin. "Look at me dear."

Harry watched as Hermione's head lift slowly and Mrs. Weasley waved her wand. He felt much better when he watched the bruise disappear and she was no longer in pain. "Thanks."

"What about Harry?" Hermione asked.

Mrs. Weasley put down her wand. "I didn't heal Ron, I don't think I should heal, Harry. They need to learn from this."

Harry looked at the table and knew she was right. It didn't matter, as long as Hermione was healed everything was okay. He wanted this conversation to be over with so he figured the sooner he talked the faster it will be done with. "I'm not sorry for what happened." He saw Mrs. Weasley raise a brow and he blushed. "Well, I am about how things went down between Ron and me, but not about Hermione."

"Was Ron telling the truth?" she asked both of them. "Were you down here...kissing?"

"Yes, but it wasn't planned," Harry said quickly. "I certainly didn't expect to feel these kinds of feelings for Hermione and neither did she."

She shook her head. "No, I didn't. It was a sudden revelation...for the both of us."

"We never meant to hurt, Ron," Harry continued. "He's my best friend and we both care for him." He shifted in his chair and leaned forward resting his forearms on the table. "Mrs. Weasley, I wasn't happy here....I didn't like how I was being treated."

Mrs. Weasley looked hurt by this comment. "Oh Harry, we were just trying to help. I didn't...."

"I know you were," he said gently. "It just wasn't what I needed. I needed to laugh, I needed to feel normal and....well, Hermione was the only one to give me that. She knew what I needed and she gave it to me."

"Please don't be mad at us, Mrs. Weasley," Hermione pleaded. "We didn't mean any harm."

She shook her head. "I'm not mad at you, dears. I could never be mad, I'm just concerned when I find my son and his best friend in a full out brawl in the middle of the night. It worries me and I hope that the three of you can work it out. As for you two, that's none of my business, but my son's happiness is and I know he had a little crush on you Hermione."

She blushed and looked down at her lap. "I know. I prayed that he'd eventually find someone else, so I wouldn't have to break his heart. I just....I don't feel that way about him, I'm sorry..."

"Don't be sorry dear," she said as she took one of her hands in hers. "You can't help who you fall in love with and tonight's the perfect example of that." She squeezed her hand. "Why don't you two go on to bed....it's getting late."

They both nodded and stood up from the table. "Thanks, Mrs. Weasley," Harry muttered.

"Night, you two. And please....sleep in separate bedrooms."

They both blushed in embarrassment, but quickly nodded before rushing up the stairs.

"Well, that was fun," Harry whispered once they were in front of Harry and Ron's bedroom.

"Harry," she sighed as she shook her head. "I'm so worried."

"Hey," he said softly as he pulled her in for a hug. "It's okay. Everything will work out, don't for one second think we did anything wrong." He then pulled her away so he could look down at her. "You don't regret what happened between us.....do you?"

Her eyes brimmed with tears. "Oh Harry, of course I don't! I....I care for you so much."

Relief swept over him and he smiled. "I do, too." He then bent his head and kissed her gently on the mouth. "Go on to bed and try to get some sleep. I'll see you in the morning. I think we're going to Diagon Alley tomorrow to get our things."

She reached up and touched the side of his face. "I wish you could come with me."

His heart pounded and he swallowed the large lump that formed in his throat. "Me too," he managed to say with his voice slightly cracking. "You don't know how much."

She bit her lip and looked up at him with temptation. "Maybe....we could...you know....just for a little bit."

Was she purposely trying to kill him? "Hermione," he whispered painfully. "Merlin, I want to, but..."

"I know," she said sucking in a breath as she was desperately trying to hold back. "Stupid, I know."

He grinned. "Not stupid....being with you is never stupid."

"Now, see when you smile at me like that and then say that, it makes it so much harder." She huffed annoyingly. "Just give me a kiss good night and end this so I won't jump you right here in the hallway."

He chuckled and reached up to frame her face with his hands. "Good night, Hermione," he said and then leaned down and kissed her softly, lingering as long as he could. He pulled away before they both started to loose the little control that they have. "Sleep well."

She let out a shaky breath. "You, too." She then gave him another quick kiss and spun around and quickly retreated to her room.

Harry stood there a moment with a silly grin on his face, before finally walking into his bedroom he shared with Ron. However, Ron's bed was empty and he wasn't the least bit surprised. He was so angry with him he didn't even want to share a room. This was definitely going to be a lot harder than he thought.

4. Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Due to the events of last night, Ron, Harry and Hermione were denied the pleasure of venturing through Diagon Alley like they had planned on. “You three are to stay here at the Burrow…alone,” she said sternly as she put on her cloak.

Ron, who hadn’t spoken to either Harry or Hermione all during breakfast, sulked in his seat. “It’s not fair, Mum.”

“Well, you should have thought of that before you rammed your first in Harry’s face,” she said as she grabbed a handful of Floo Powder. “I want this settled before I get back. I’ll get your things at Diagon Alley.”

As soon as they were alone, Harry and Hermione gave Ron an uneasy glance, hoping he’d talk to them. He just glared at them both, before throwing his fork on his plate and darted himself out of the kitchen.

Hermione sighed as he heard his foots banging up the stairs. “Oh Harry,” she sighed as she looked up at the ceiling. “What are we going to do?”

Harry scowled up at the ceiling. “First, we’re going to let him act like a baby he is and pout, while we go for a walk…then, if he’s still acting like a baby, we’ll use force to make him listen.”

She smiled softly. “I guess it’s as good as any plan.”

“Let’s go then,” Harry said as he got up from the table. They put their plates into the sink, along with Ron’s since he left without cleaning up, then hand in hand they walked out the backdoor.

Neither of them noticed Ron’s angry face peering out the window as he watched them walk over to the edge of the woods.

After walking a ways, they stumbled upon a cute little pond, with an elm tree perched next to it. It’s long wide branches provided a nice shade for them both, so Harry plopped down under the tree and pulled her down with him. He leaned back against the trunk and Hermione nestled between his drawn up knees and used his chest as her backrest. Harry blushed slightly when she snuggled closer to him. He wasn’t use to being so intimate and close with Hermione. It was going to take some getting use to. Wanting to show his affection, he awkwardly put his arms around her waist.

Hermione sighed happily as she placed a hand over his own that were resting against her belly. “This is nice,” she said.

He smiled softly. “Yeah, it is.” And it was. It really was. He really needed this and needed Hermione to get through losing Sirius. He would probably still be miserable up in his room if it weren’t for her.

His smile faded when he thought of Voldemort. Being Hermione’s friend had always put her in danger, but now that she was so much more, she would be in even greater danger. He hugged her tight as the thought swept through his mind. “Hermione…”

She sensed the worry in his voice so she turned slightly so she could look up at him. “Harry, what’s wrong?”

“I’m afraid that…what I mean is now that we’re…together.” He sighed as he tried to find the right words. “If Voldemort finds out…”

Hermione placed her finger on his lips before he could speak it. “Don’t,” she said firmly. “It will only drive you mad if you think it. I’m not going anywhere, Harry.”

He shook his head. “I don’t want you, too, but Hermione…if Voldemort gets word that you and I…that we’re…a couple.” He shuddered as he dropped his forehead to hers. “I don’t want to even think about it.”

She reached up and placed a hand on his cheek. “Then we’ll keep it secret.” She kissed him softly. “Until Voldemort is no longer a threat.”

He closed his eyes as he nodded. “Okay,” he said shakily then dipped down for another kiss. “Only in secret.”

She reached up and cupped the back of his neck, bringing him down for another kiss. This time she was planning on it lasting a little longer. Their lips flirted while her fingers played with the hairs at the nape of his neck, while Harry cradled her face with one hand, sweeping his thumb across her soft cheek. “Harry,” she sighed into his mouth and shyly touched the tip of her tongue with his.

He moaned and plunged deeply into her mouth, her taste intoxicating him under a spell. He pulled her close until she finally turned around to face him and straddled his lap. He leaned forward as his fingers got lost in her hair, moaning her name while their tongues mated. He felt her hips grind against his and the friction made him gasp in shock, than sighed when Hermione sucked gently on his bottom lip.

He gripped her hips and urged her to move again and when she obliged, he buried his face against her neck. He ran wet open mouth kisses along her neck as he found his hand slipping underneath her blouse, desperately searching for soft skin. It was too much feeling all at once; he didn’t think he could handle it. He found her lips again and Hermione’s pace increased and the pressure of her rubbing against his arousal was almost too much to bear.

“Hermione,” he groaned as he placed his hands firmly on her hips. “If you don’t stop that…I’m gonna…Oh, Merlin.”

“Me too, Harry,” she gasped as she wrapped her arms tight around his neck and continued to take both of them for a ride. “Me too.”

He bit his lip as an unfamiliar feeling started to build up inside him. He breathed her name and buried his face in her neck once more. “Hermione,” he cried again not sure exactly what was happening.

Hermione ran frantic kisses along his face until she found his lips again. “Let it go, Harry,” she whispered as she rubbed harder against him. “You need this…we both need this.”

With a strangled groan he attacked her lips with his own as his very first orgasm shattered through his body. He felt her body tremble against him and he knew they were experiencing it together. They both broke apart, moaning and gasping as they held on to one another as their orgasms took them over the edge.

Hermione laid her head weakly on her shoulder while Harry held her tight. He rocked her in his arms and then kissed her temple, then cradled her face so he could plant kisses all over her face. He noticed the tears in her eyes and he almost wept along with her, tasting her tears before finally kissing her fully on the mouth. “Hermione,” he sighed against her lips.

“I know,” she cried softly, knowing what he was feeling. “I know.” She cradled her head back under his chin and smiled softly when he kissed the top of her head.

No words needed to be spoken.

5. Chapter 5

Chapter 5

“Harry?” Hermione asked as they stopped in front of Ron’s closed bedroom door. “Would you mind…if I go in to talk to him…by myself.”

Harry didn’t like the idea of Ron yelling at Hermione without him by her side. In fact, if he had his way, he would go in there alone and maybe knock some sense into Ron…literally. “I don’t know, Hermione.”

“Please, Harry,” she pleaded with her mocha colored eyes piercing through his heart. Funny really. He always thought they were brown, but that didn’t really do them justice. He knew eventually she would get her way, so he smiled as he touched her cheek. “Okay, but I’ll be right outside the door if you need me.”

She smiled brightly at him. “Thanks Harry,” she said and gave him a quick kiss.

He watched her as she knocked on his door, ignoring Ron’s protest to leave him the bloody hell alone, and walked right inside, shutting the door behind her. Harry held his ear up against the door as he heard Ron’s booming voice. “I don’t want to talk to…” Harry lifted his head when Ron’s voice was abruptly cut off. Harry scowled. Hermione must have put a silencing charm so he couldn’t hear. Sneaky little thing.

So all he could do was wait as he paced back and forth in front of the door. He didn’t know how much time passed when the door finally opened, could have been five minutes; could have been an hour. Hermione’s face was pale and he could see tears threatening to spill over her cheeks. “Hermione?” he said urgently as he cupped her face softly.

“Well,” she said putting on a brave smile. “That didn’t go quite as well as I hoped.”

“Hermione, what did he say to you?” he asked roughly, but his hands were still gentle as a lamb.

She shook her head and wiped the first tear that slipped away. “It doesn’t matter,” she muttered. “He hates me.”

His heart shattered along with her breaking heart. When she was in pain…so was he. “Hermione…sweetie…”

She sobbed as she pulled away from him. “I need some air,” she whispered and flew down the hall.

Harry’s jaw clenched as he squeezed his fist tight, while anger for Ron consumed him. “Look out mate,” he muttered. “I’m coming in.”

With an angry cry he flew open the door with one solid kick of his foot. Ron spun around with wide eyes and then once he registered whom it was, his eyes narrowed. “Bloody hell, Harry, are you crazy? You nearly gave me a heart attack!”

“Good,” he said satisfied and then advanced towards him. “What did you say to her?”

Ron scowled at him. “Get out of my room, Harry,” he growled.

“What did you say to her, Ron!” he yelled so loud that Ron tumbled back and almost fell on the bed.

“It’s none of your damn business, Harry!”

“The bloody hell it isn’t!”

“Oh…right I forgot,” he said with a roll of his eyes. “Hermione’s your girlfriend.

“That’s right!” he blurted as anger seethed through him. “Hermione is my girlfriend, Ron and the sooner you stop being a pompous ass and realize that, the better.”

Ron glared at him and Harry could have sworn he saw angry tears in his eyes. “I don’t want to have anything to do with the two of you!” he yelled back and turned his back to Harry.

“So that’s it?” Harry asked quietly after a moment of silence. “You are going to throw away our friendship…Hermione’s friendship…all because you didn’t get the girl?”

Ron flung around, practically snarling. “It’s always you! You always get everything I want! You have money…fame…everyone loves you. Girls want you…guys worship you. Sometimes I think my own mother loves you more. I thought, well maybe I can find love…maybe I can snag Hermione.” He huffed out a angry sigh. “But no…you had to go and get that, too, didn’t you?”

“I don’t have a family Ron!” Harry yelled back forcefully. “I don’t have a mum or a dad, ever think about that? You know how insanely jealous I am of you because of that! I would trade all my money and fame just to have that kind of family.” He shook his head in disgust as he looked at his friend. “As for Hermione, she’s not a bloody trophy! She’s not some prize to be won; she’s a human being!

“I didn’t mean for this to happen Ron, it’s not like you plane these things. It’s just like your mother told me last night, ‘You can’t plan on who you fall in love with’.” Ron didn’t reply. He just shoved his hands in his pockets and stared at the floor. “I love her, Ron.”

His head snapped up. “I love her, too!”

“I know you do, Ron,” he said softly, but then shook his head. “But not the way I love her.”

“Don’t tell me how I feel!” he spat. “I’ve liked Hermione forever, even before you ever did!”

“Liked,” Harry repeated his words. “Not love. Ron, you always try to make Hermione something she’s not.”

“That’s not true!” he said defensively.

“Isn’t it? You gave her perfume last Christmas…perfume!

Ron flew up his hands. “Yeah, so? Girls like that kind of thing.”

“Girls, yes,” he agreed nodding his head. “Hermione?” He shook his head. “No.”

“So I did something different,” he admitted getting impatient. “I thought I’d give it to her to…you know…show her what other girls liked.”

“That’s exactly what I’m talking about,” he said as he pointed his finger at him. “If you loved Hermione…really loved her the way I do…you would accept her for who she truly is. You would love all the things about her…even her annoying persistence in making us study. Or the way she eats…you know, how she never lets any of her food touch. Merlin, that’s annoying. Then there’s her knuckle popping, she cracks the bloody things all the time after she’s written one of her essays.”

“So, you’re saying you find her annoying?” Ron repeated slyly, trying to get the upper hand.

“At times I find her extremely annoying,” he said with a slight smile. “That doesn’t make me love her any less, though, and I wouldn’t change that part of her if I could.”

Ron stared at him in silence as if he was taking everything in. “She really doesn’t let her food touch?” he asked.

Harry nodded as he tried not to laugh. “Yep, she even manages to keep her bacon from touching the syrup from her pancakes.”

“I never noticed,” he mumbled to himself and then finally turned away from him and walked to the window. “I can’t go back to where things were right away, Harry.”

“I understand.”

“I need time. To get use to it I guess.” His shoulder slumped in defeat. “I know you’re right…deep down I know, but that doesn’t make it hurt any less.”

“Take as long as you need, Ron,” Harry said to his back. “I’ll wait. SO will Hermione. I don’t want to lose you, Ron. I need you, especially now…after losing Sirius.”

Ron turned around then and guilt filled his eyes. “I’m sorry, Harry.”

Harry held up a hand. “Don’t. I don’t want your pity.” He shoved his hands in his pockets. “Just promise me that eventually we’ll get through this.”

Ron smiled so quick he almost missed it. “I promise, Harry.” He sighed and glanced back out the window. “As for Hermione…I promise I will apologize to her. Tell her I didn’t mean it.”

Harry didn’t press the issue further; he knew Ron felt guilty about it. Besides, even if Hermione was his girlfriend, it still wasn’t any of his business. It was something the two of them had to work out on their own. “See ya, Ron,” he finally said and made his way to the door.

He was surprised to see Hermione waiting for him in the hall with a soft smile on her lips. “Hey,” he said softly. “How much did you hear?”

“Enough,” she said and then threw her arms around his neck, giving him one of her famous hugs. He remembered when he first received one when they were eleven when he was about to face Voldemort. He was embarrassed, but even then he couldn’t help but feel a small rush of pleasure. Now, it overwhelmed him. He buried his face in her hair and breathed deep as he held her close.

“So,” she said leaning back to smirk at him. “I’m annoying, am I?”

He grinned. “Dreadfully,” he said and leaned down to kiss her softly. “But feel free to annoy me anytime.”

“Mmm…I’ll keep that in mind.”

“In fact.” Harry sucked gently on her bottom lip. “We can go somewhere private and you can annoy me all you want.”

She giggled as she kissed him over and over again. “Lead the way.”

6. Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Three Months Later

Harry walked into the dungeons for his potions class he had right after breakfast. He grinned when he saw that his girlfriend was already sitting at her assigned desk they both shared. He walked up behind her and pushed her hair aside, exposing her neck before nuzzling her ear. “Good morning.”

She giggled as he started running frantic kisses along her neck. “Careful, Harry, Snape could walk in any minute.”

He laughed and gave her a quick kiss on the lips before sitting next to her. “You’re right, Snape does get easily annoyed with us, doesn’t he?”

“Yes,” she agreed and returned to her reading. “And keep your hands to yourself this time, Potter.”

Harry grinned and couldn’t help but blush slightly when he remembered how his hand had ventured up her skirt while Snape discussed the importance of a sleeping drought. He teased her during the whole lesson, making her sexually frustrated by the end of class. She had cursed him nonstop as they walked out of class and Harry assumed he was in trouble. However, somewhere in the middle of cursing him, he found himself being pushed into a broom closet where she mad him finish what he started. He gladly obeyed.

Harry was a good boy and kept his hands to himself…this time…all through class. The bell rang and everyone gathered their stuff together while Snape announced the date on an upcoming test. Harry finally wrapped his arm around her neck once they were in the hall and Hermione reached up to link her fingers with the hand dangling over her shoulder. “The weirdest thing happened at breakfast,” Harry said as they walked up the stairs exiting the dungeon.

“What’s that?” Hermione asked.

“Ron was unusually chipper.” He looked down at her. “I mean really, really, chipper. He even smiled at me…like he use to before…well, you know.”

Hermione squeezed his hand in support. Although their friendship was well on the way to being mended, it was still a bumpy ride. Ron was polite with them and didn’t scowl at them every time they saw them together, like he did at first. He was getting better and he had even apologized to Hermione for his hurtful words towards her. “What do you think made him so happy?”

“Well, call me crazy but…”

Hermione stopped when he never finished. “But what?”

He shrugged. “Well…he was acting like a guy in love, you know? Nothing was bringing him down. He even said he was off to study for his DADA test, like he just announced he was off to play Quidditch.”

“Oh, I hope so,” Hermione beamed. “It would help, don’t you think?”

“Most definitely. I always hoped he’d find someone.” He kissed his girlfriend on the lips. “So he could be as happy as me.”

She smiled up at him. “Are you happy with me?”

“Deliriously happy,” he announced as he pulled her against him. “If it wasn’t for you, Hermione, I would never have gotten through Sirius’ death. You’ve helped me so much, just by being there for me.” He kissed her softly. “For letting me love you.”

“Harry,” she sighed as she closed her eyes and leaned against him. “I love you so much.”

Harry’s heart soared when he heard her say she loved him. It always did when she said it, no matter how many times he heard it, it was a wonderful feeling to be loved. He leaned down and kissed the top of her head. “We better get going before I decide to skip Defense and pull you into that broom closet we love so much.”

She shivered as she pressed closer to him. “Don’t tempt me.”

“Then don’t rub against me like that,” he moaned. “Merlin, Hermione, I…”

A female giggle interrupted him and they both turned at the sound. “What was that?” Harry asked.

“I don’t know…but it’s coming from our broom closet,” she said when she heard the giggle again.

“Someone’s in our closet?” he asked with brows raised. “The nerve of them. Let’s go see who it is.”

“Harry!” she whispered as she followed him to the closet. “We can’t just open the door, what if they’re…you know…naked.”

He grinned. “Then it will be that much funnier,” he said with a wink and before she could protest he flung the door opened.

Harry’s jaw dropped and he heard Hermione gasp at who was inside. It was Ron and he had no other than Looney Luna pinned against the sidewall of the closet. Her skirt was hiked and her legs were wrapped around Ron’s waist, while Ron’s pants was down his ankles. His shirt was still on, but Harry could tell it was in the middle of being removed from the shirt being half unbuttoned. Luna’s top was still securely on, but Harry noticed one of Ron’s hand was hiding underneath. “Bloody hell,” Harry managed to finally say.

Ron grinned. He grinned like a little schoolboy as he reached over to grab the door. “Do you mind? We don’t have a lot of time.” Without waiting for an answer he closed the door in their face, leaving them both dumbfounded.

Harry and Hermione stared at each other in shock, before finally bursting into giggles as they hung on to each other in support. He couldn’t believe they caught Ron Weasley in action with a girl…with his pants down to his ankles! Today…was a great day.

“Hermione,” Harry finally said as they caught their breath. “I don’t think we have anything to worry about any more.” He spun her around in his arms and gave her a loud smacking kiss on the lips. “Looks like our Ron is back.”

She giggled hysterically. “And it looks like we need to find ourselves another broom closet.”

“Well,” he said as he gave her a devilish grin. “Let’s go look now.”

“Skip Hagrid’s class?” she asked as she let her boyfriend pull her along.

“I’m sure he’ll understand,” he said as he hurried up some flight of stairs. “Besides…getting hands and mouth on you in a cluttered broom closet sounds like a great way to spend the day.”

THE END!!