Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

Rating: R
Genres: Romance
Relationships: Harry & Hermione
Book: Harry & Hermione, Books 1 - 5
Published: 27/01/2004
Last Updated: 11/07/2005
Status: Completed

AKA Circle of Friends. Takes place after Harry's sixth year. Other ships, R/Lu & D/G

1. Chapter 1

Here's my new story:) It’s called Circle of Friends, but there’s another story on Portkey right now with that name, so I didn’t want it to get confusing. The first part is an introduction. A long one at that, hehe...but I bet you won't complain. This takes place after 6th year....hope you enjoy it. Anyway, here's the story, please let me know what you think of it...

Chapter 1

A full moon was up high in the sky, giving the small town of Little Whinging a soft glow as everyone was tucked in their beds fast asleep. Privet Drive was quiet and the only noise you could hear was a soft breeze that rustled the tall tree branches, swaying back and forth as if they were dancing.

Harry Potter, freshly out of his sixth year, laid flat on his back on the comfort of his bed, like everyone else in Number 4 Privet Drive, except he was awake. He stared at the ceiling as he twirled his wand between his fingers like a drummer would do with his drumsticks. He grinned in the dark as he thought of the look on his Uncle's face when he told him once he turned seventeen, he was allowed to do magic.
Only ten more days.

Harry's sixth year had been a month longer, since they had to stay and pass the Apparation test. It wasn't very hard to do, Harry got the hang of it rather quickly. He only messed up the first time and he almost fainted when he noticed his nose was gone. It was enough to scare him into trying a lot harder the second time. Hermione, surprisingly, had trouble doing it at first and he could tell it frustrated her to the fullest. Apparation was definitely not something you can learn out of a book. He had pulled her aside when she seemed ready to give up and hoped he could help in any way.

"Hermione, I know you....you're not going to give up on this," Harry said as he placed a hand on her back.

She was sitting on the grass, head down and holding back the tears. "I've never been bad at anything before...."

He snorted a laugh. "That's a lie, you are a very terrible flyer," he said teasing hoping to get a laugh out of her.

She looked at him and he could tell she was trying to keep a straight face but when he grinned brightly at her, she laughed and playfully pushed him. "That's not funny."

"Then why are you laughing? Look, Hermione, I know you can do this. Ron, is still having a few problems if that makes you feel better, last I heard his left ear attached firmly to his butt."

Hermione giggled. "Well, that does make me feel a little better." She then sniffed and wiped her tears before she stood up. "I'll go try again."

Harry stood up as well. "Of course you will."

She hugged him and kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks Harry."



Harry felt pride for his friend when he remembered she had passed the test after the first try. Ron, passed eventually as well, but he was a good sport about it. "Hey, I'm just glad I passed," he had said to him when he warily scratched his ear. "Does this look like it's on straight?"

Harry closed his eyes and started to reminisce all the events of sixth year. He thought about Quidditch and how his team won the Cup for the third time in a row. He thought about his classes and how much he enjoyed Tonks as their new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher and to his and everyone else's amazement she would be back the next year. It would be the first time a DADA teacher stayed for another year since Harry had been to the school.

He then thought about the DA meetings they had held. Dumbledore had strongly suggested that Harry still went on with the DA meetings, since it seemed to have helped due to the events of last June....that awful night at the Department of Mysteries. The night he lost Sirius. It was a tough year without him, but he got by thanks to his friends....especially Hermione. He wouldn't have lasted a month without her.

He never told Hermione or Ron about the prophecy Dumbledore had told him. He didn't want them to worry, especially Hermione, but at the same time he was dying to talk about it. He kept it inside though and of course he was an idiot to think that he could ever keep something from Hermione. Ron was one thing, he was more oblivious to things like that, but Hermione....she knew him and she was a very smart witch. "Harry, are you SURE you're okay?" she would ask him. "Harry, is there something you're not telling us?" Harry would brush it off and look annoyed and Ron would come to his defense and say, "Leave it alone, Hermione, stop interrogating him, you're just being paranoid." Harry would just avoid her eyes and pretend to go back to studying.

Finally, he couldn't hide it from her anymore. It was during Christmas and they were back at Grimmauld Place for the holidays with the Weasleys and everyone else in the Order. Minus Sirius. Whenever, Harry felt sad and missed Sirius he would always escape up to his own room, where Buckbeak still stayed. There were times he wanted to be alone with his thoughts and everyone respected that....well, everyone but Hermione.

Someone banged on the door so loudly that Harry jumped startled and Buckbeak, who was lying comfortably asleep on the end of the bed, became alarmed and flapped his wings before he fell over the bed. "Are you okay, Buckbeak?" Harry asked as he peered over the bed.

Buckbeak just slowly got up and ruffled his feathers angrily before stalking over to the corner and curled up to go back to sleep. "Harry Potter, open this door."

Harry rolled his eyes as he stalked to the door and flew the door open. "You made Buckbeak fall of the bed you know....couldn't you have knocked a little lighter?"

Hermione huffed as she bristled by him and sat firmly on the end of the bed, letting him know she was not going anywhere. Defeated, Harry closed the door and stood there facing her with his hands on his hips, almost challenging her. "What?" he asked firmly.

Hermione lifted her stubborn chin. "I'm not leaving until you tell me what's going on."

Harry flew up his hands. "Nothing! I just miss Sirius, okay? It's the holidays and I miss him..."

Hermione's face softened but she still didn't let up. "Harry, I know you miss him and I know this is hard for you, but....I know that's not all that's bugging you."

Harry looked at her and felt his defensive walls start to crumble around him, knowing that eventually she would get her way and he would tell him. Why beat around the bush? Might as well get it over with. "All right," he said with a sigh as he walked over and sat next to him. "You want to know what I've been keeping from you and Ron?"

She nodded. "Yes, please...tell me."

"Don't tell Ron, Hermione...I mean it, I don't want him knowing. I'm only telling you, because you're already worried and I obviously can't hide ANYTHING from you....so promise me."

She now looked extremely worried but she only nodded and waited for him to continue. So he told her...everything on what Dumbledore had said that night in his office. He told her what the prophecy said and she had tears swarming in her eyes and the sight made his stomach drop. He hated seeing her upset. "Hermione....see now why I didn't tell you? I knew you would worry....oh please don't cry!"

She flung her arms around him and buried her face in his neck. "Harry, it will be okay....you'll be okay, I know you will."

"Hermione....you don't know that, we have to be prepared for both sides of the prophecy coming true."

"No," she sobbed and clung tighter to him. "I know you, Harry....you'll make it. You'll defeat Voldemort."

Harry smiled sadly when he realized she said his name without even flinching. "You're a very brave, witch, do you know that? And a stubborn one at that."

Hermione pulled away and laughed shakily as she brushed the tears away. "I'm not so brave, I just know what I feel and what's right. As for the stubborn part, yeah...one hundred percent stubborn."

Harry gave her an encouraging smile. "Why don't you go wash up, I think Christmas Eve dinner is almost ready."

"Do I really look that bad?" she laughed touching her face.

"No, you look just fine," he told her with a soft smile. "I just wouldn't think you'd want everyone to see that you've been crying."

"Good point," she said as she got up. "I'll see you downstairs."

"Hermione," Harry said before she could open the door. He got up and walked over to her and found himself leaning down to give Hermione a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks," he said in her ear before pulling her into a hug. "Thanks for being my friend.



One thing that changed during sixth year was his relationship with Hermione. The friendship he had with Hermione had always been strong, but following fifth year, especially after he almost lost her, the friendship between them grew stronger and they had definitely become closer. Ron was still his best friend...his best mate, but Hermione was different. Hermione was like the air he breathed.....he couldn't live with out it, like he couldn't live without her. He was becoming more and more protective of her, he was almost as bad as Ron.


Harry was tired and completely dirty from head to toe. He had just had Quidditch practice and during the middle of it, rain began to fall from the sky. At first it was light, so Harry had kept the practice going, but slowly it grew stronger and the next thing he knew they were in the middle of a complete downpour. Harry motioned his team down as soon as he saw lightening and now he was soaked to the bone, tired and angry that their practice was cut short. The game against Slytherin was only weeks away and they needed that win if they wanted the Cup.

He was just about to head up the stairs leading to the Gryffindor common room, when he heard two familiar voices. The first voice was Hermione's.

"Cho," Hermione said as she ran up to Cho who was walking towards the Great Hall. "Hey Cho!"

Harry walked over to the corridor and peered around the corner. "What do you want?" Cho asked in a rude and impatient voice. Harry scowled at her. Why he ever liked her he would never know.

"Um...well, I noticed that you weren't at the D.A meeting the other night and....I was wondering if everything was okay?"

"Fine," she snapped. "Just cause I miss one meeting doesn't make it the end of the world, I have a life outside of school, unlike you."

Hermione looked down at her shoes. "I didn't mean anything by it, I was just...."

"What are you going to do if I miss another meeting? Write the word "SLACKER" across my face in pimples."

"Hey, it's not my fault your friend ratted out on us, Cho," Hermione said getting defensive.

"Hermione, do yourself a favor and go to the library stick your nose in some book....where you belong. What Harry sees in you, I will never know..."

"What I saw in YOU, I will never know," Harry said as he rounded the corner making himself visible.

"Harry!" Cho shrieked as her face flushed in embarrassment. "I...I didn't know you were there."

"Obviously," he growled as he stood next to Hermione who looked extremely shocked and embarrassed as well. "You'll never be half the witch Hermione is. You may have the looks Cho, but with your attitude that's all you'll ever have. Just a pretty face. Hermione is not only pretty, but also a talented and brilliant witch! I'm very lucky to have her as my friend."

"Harry, I didn't mean..."

"You are no longer welcome to the D.A meetings," Harry said as he reached over and grabbed Hermione's hand.

"Oh, Harry no don't do that," Hermione pleaded. "It's okay."

"No it's not, I will not sit back and watch her rail on you like that."

"Fine, I don't want to go to the stupid meetings anyway," Cho cried flushed with rage. "Hope you two are just oh so happy with each other."

Anger surged through him when he watched her bounce off. "What a bi..."

"Harry!" Hermione gasped when she knew what he was about to say.

He shrugged. "Well, she is.....she had no right to say that stuff to you."

Hermione shook her head. "She's just angry with me, since you two didn't work out. She's jealous of me since we are so close."

"Still no excuse," he said angrily as he ran his fingers through his wet hair.

Hermione looked at him for the first time. "You look awful."

He laughed weakly. "Gee, thanks Hermione."

"Well, you do....why don't you go take a bath in the Prefects bathroom."

The thought of a warm bath right now was heaven. "I'm not a Prefect."

"And what am I? A nothing first year? I'll give you the password."

He sighed in appreciation. "Thanks, Hermione...you're a saint," he said as he tried to pull her into a hug

"Ahh, get away you can hug me later when you are not muddy and wet."

"Come on, just one hug?" he said playfully as he tried to grab her.

Hermione shrieked as she dodged out of his grasp. "Stay away from me, Potter or no bath!"

Harry pouted. "You are no fun."



Cho never showed up to another DA meeting after that and Harry was relieved. She had caused way too much tension and trouble in the first place and the meetings went along peacefully without her. Well, at least it did for awhile....until another member was forced to join the DA, under Dumbledore's orders.


Harry rode the spiral stairs up to Dumbledore's office in anticipation, since he had no clue why he was being called up to see him. He was pretty sure he didn't do any rule breaking for quite awhile, so he was quite sure he wasn't in trouble. Maybe there was more news about Voldemort and his army? Maybe more Death Eaters escaped from Azkaban. He was anxious to find out and when he finally opened the door and stepped inside he was shocked to see Dumbledore was at his desk and sitting across from it was Draco Malfoy.

"Ah, Harry....you made it, please...sit down next to Mr. Malfoy here and I'll begin."


Harry kept a wary eye on Malfoy as he slowly walked around and sat in the empty chair next to him. Draco was sizing himself up as well and Harry couldn't even begin to know what this was all about. "Professor, what's going on?"

"Well...Malfoy here has come to our side, Harry," Dumbledore said beaming.

"What?!" Harry said in shock as he glared at Draco.

"Deaf, Potter?" Draco smirked.

"Professor, you can't be serious!" But the look on his face told Harry that he was dead serious.

"Draco has told me he wants to help the ministry in capturing the Death Eaters and of course, Voldemort."

Harry wanted to protest. He wanted to yell and scream at Dumbledore for being too trustworthy. He didn't trust Draco, not one bit! "Draco has informed me that his father, who is still in Azkaban, has been pressuring him to become a Death Eater, however Draco has different plans."

"I'll bet," Harry muttered.

"You will accept Draco into the DA meetings," Dumbledore told him.

"What?! But...but professor, that's very secretive and..."

"Very necessary," he cut him off. "You have to understand Harry, that once word gets out that Draco has joined our side, Voldemort will feel very betrayed....and you know what he does to those who have betrayed him. He will try and kill him and Draco will be just under you on his target list. You and Draco will be in danger more than anyone else. I can't stress enough on the importance of you two working together....and trusting each other."

Harry had to hold back a snort of laughter. Fat chance.

"Now....you two are dismissed and Harry, you can let Draco know when the meetings are and how to get to the Room of Requirement. And Harry....trust me on this."

He nodded. "Okay, Professor."

Harry and Draco both got up and walked out of his office and neither said anything until they were completely out of his office. "Look, Malfoy. I don't trust you..."

"And you think I do, Potter?" he shouted back. "I certainly not keen on the idea of joining your little army, I don't hold well into taking orders from you."

"Then why bother....and don't think for one second I buy this crap about you joining our side. If anything, I believe you're spying for Voldemort."

"I don't care about, Voldemort anymore!" he yelled back.

Harry was taken back at first on how he called him by his name. "Well, excuse me, Malfoy, but I'm not going to trust you overnight."

"Do you actually think that I would want to end up like my father....rotting in Azkaban? No, I have different plans, I'm a good wizard, Potter and I can definitely do better on my own. I will not take orders...from you or Voldemort!"


Harry had to admit, he did prove himself, but it took a long time for Harry to trust him. The first DA meeting he came to was a disaster, since so many people were against him being here. He had only told Hermione and Ron in advance that he was coming and Ron didn't like it one bit. But like Harry, he trusted Dumbledore so he would stand by Harry in this decision. Even if he didn't like it.

Also, Draco had found a new Weasley to pick on...Ginny. Harry had paired them up one time at a meeting, since he knew Ginny could handle herself well. They were sending curses left and right at each other, even when Harry had blown the whistle to stop, they were still going at it. It took them awhile to break the two apart. Through time though and patience, they learned to work together without cursing each other left and right. They became more civil....still hated each other, but were civil.

It was Easter Holiday weekend when Draco first proved himself loyal to their side. Most of the students were gone and Draco stayed behind, along with the trio and Ginny. Harry was walking out of the Great Hall with Ron and Hermione, when they saw Ginny and Draco standing close together, talking about something.

Ginny all of the sudden pushed Draco, before she turned and fled down the hall. "What did you do to my sister?!" Ron asked angrily.

"Back of Weasley," Draco snapped at him and then ran off after Ginny.

Harry and Ron looked at each other before both nodding. "Let's go follow them," Harry said and they ran after them, with Hermione following close behind him. They saw Draco run outside the double doors into the night and Harry had to quicken his pace, since Draco was a fast runner. They saw him run across the grounds and towards the lake where Ginny was now standing.

"Wait," Harry said suddenly as he stopped holding out his arms for both of them to stop. "Let's just wait....see what happens."

"Like hell," Ron growled.

"Ron...no, just wait," Harry insisted. "We're right here if Draco tries something funny."

Harry then went back to watching them closely. They were talking...about something he didn't know since they were too far away, but he could tell Ginny was upset about something and Draco was....was he trying to comfort her? No....couldn't be. He then saw him put a hand on her shoulder and then saw Ginny slowly lift her head up to look up at him.

"Harry!" Hermione gasped as he tugged on his shoulder. "Look, over there!"

They saw from the line of the trees a dark figure emerging with their wand pointing at both Draco and Ginny as it inched closer to them. "Come on!" Harry yelled and the three of them ran as fast as they could to help. His first thought was that it was a trap, that Draco led Ginny there, knowing a Death Eater would be waiting for him. But that thought vanished when he saw Draco spin around to the Death Eater once Ginny screamed and saw him yank Ginny behind him. Draco had his wand out pointing directly at the man cloaked in black. "Stay away!" he yelled. "Leave us!"

Harry stopped suddenly out of breath, his wand out ready to help, but they still were far enough back to where they were unnoticed. "Have your wands ready, guys....Hermione, go and find help."

"I'm not leaving you here!" she whispered.

"Hermione, you can help us by going to find Dumbledore....please Hermione, hurry."

She hesitated for awhile but then finally nodded. "Okay," she said and fled back to the castle.

"Draco....what are you doing," the man hissed. "This is not how it was planned."

"I don't work for you," he yelled. "Or Voldemort!"

"How dare you speak his name!" the man said angrily. "Crucio!"

Draco dropped to his knees in pain, clutching his head as he curled up on the ground. "Draco!" Ginny yelled as she fell next to him, wrapping her arms around him.

Harry and Ron didn't waste another second, they had their wands out as they ran towards them. "Stupefy!" Harry yelled and the Death Eater barely managed to avoid the spell and had to fly to the ground in order to do it.

This gave Harry and Ron the chance to run to Draco and Ginny. Ginny slowly helped Draco get to his feet, who still weak, but managed to point his wand to the masked Death Eater who was now getting to his feet. He saw four wands pointing at him and knew he was outnumbered. "This isn't over....The Dark Lord will here of this, Draco...you have betrayed him."

"Go ahead...tell him, make sure he knows that I want nothing to do with him."

"You're a fool.....and a disgrace to your father," he said and then whipped around before trudging back into the forest.

Harry started to go after him but Draco held him back. "No...let him go. He has a message he needs to give to Voldemort."

Harry looked to the trees and then back at Draco, who was still staggering due to the affects of the curse. "You need to get to the hospital wing."

"I'm fine," he said bluntly.

"No, you're not," Ginny said who had an arm around his waist so he wouldn't fall. "Stop being so stubborn."

"Me? Stubborn? I'm nowhere near as stubborn as you....didn't I tell you not to come out here....I told you, to trust me, but did you? Noooo...."

"Oh hush up, or I'll drop you right here....Harry, take his other side, he can barely walk."

"Humiliating," Draco grumbled as he let Harry take his other side. "Completely humiliating."

"It's not so bad, Malfoy....least you didn't faint," Harry said with a slight smirk. "And Malfoy?"

"Yeah?"

"Welcome to the good side."

Draco grumbled out a harsh laugh. "Yeah....thanks."

And from then on Harry Potter now trusted Draco Malfoy with his life.



Harry sighed as he looked over at his clock which told him it was almost three in the morning and sleep still hadn't found him. Thoughts and memories were flooding his mind too much and it was keeping him awake. So much had happened....so much had changed in one year. If someone told him that he would become friends with Draco Malfoy, he would have laughed in their faces. But, he was a friend now...and even kept in touch with him this summer and recieved a few owls from him. He was staying at the Order of Phoenix, along with Ron, Hermione and Ginny to name a few. Seems like everyone was there, except him. He knew though now why he had to stay here, so he would no longer complain. He missed them though...all of them, especially Hermione.

He closed his eyes and cleared his mind, so that sleep would hopefully overtake him. His breathing became steady and his body started to relax. He was so close to falling asleep he almost didn't hear the tapping on the window. He heard it the second time and jerked awake as he grabbed his wand. Still dazed from falling asleep he looked around the room blindly. The tap came again and he spun around to the window and his jaw dropped.

Hermione's face was plastered against the glass.

2. Chapter 2

Here’s more of Circle of Friends. I haven’t updated this one in awhile. Hope you like it, this one is a lot different than my past fics. EnjoyJ

Chapter 2

Harry stumbled out of his bed, kicking the covers off as fast as he could. He ran to the window, placing his hands on the glass as he blinked stupidly at Hermione. Was he dreaming? Hermione was just outside his window on a...broomstick! And Tonks was on it as well, behind Hermione beaming at Harry. Hermione, however, looked terrified. Harry fumbled at the lock of his window and pushed it open. "Hermione, what are you..."

"Ask later, just get me off this thing!" she shrieked, desperately grabbing for Harry.

"Woah," he said when her arms flew around his neck. "Okay, easy, Hermione, I gotcha." He wrapped his arms around her as he helped her off the broom and through his window. When he got her safely in his room, he expected her to let go, but she still clung to him tightly. "Hermione?"

"I'm never riding with her again," she said still trembling.

Harry eyed Tonks over Hermione's head. Tonks just chuckled. "I fly a little too dangerously for her, I guess."

Harry smiled and then ran a comforting hand down Hermione's windblown hair. He was surprised how soft it was. "It's okay, Hermione, you know Tonks wouldn't put you in danger."

"I know," she said when she finally pulled away looking at him with wide eyes. "But that woman's crazy."

Taking no offense, Tonks laughed. "Sorry, Hermione. Look, Harry pack your trunk, okay?"

"What's...."

Tonks held up a hand to stop him. "No time for questions, Hermione will explain everything once I'm gone. I'm going first and taking your trunk, you and Hermione will wait awhile and then head back to the Order."

Harry didn't know what was going on, but he figured the faster he followed instructions, the quicker he'd get filled in. "Okay."

"Packing everything, but your wand and invisibility cloak," she said. "Just to be safe, you should travel with it."

Harry gave her a quick nod, before he quickly ran over to his bed and pulled out his trunk. Hermione sat on his unmade bed while she waited on him. He pulled out pants and shirts from his closet and chest of drawers and tossed them in his trunk. He saw Hermione wince at his messiness and couldn't help but grin at her. "Would you like to pack for me?"

"If we had time, I would teach you a think or two about neatness...Oh, Harry that's gonna get wrinkled!"

Harry had just stuffed one of his nice robes in the trunk. "I'll have Mrs. Weasley iron it out for me," he said with a short laugh as he tossed in a few more things, leaving out a change of clothes to put on before he headed out. "Okay, I think that's everything."

"Great, here tie this on your trunk," Tonks said as she tossed him a piece of robe. Harry did as she asked and watched Tonks levitate his trunk out the window. "Okay, you two wait here a good thirty minutes before heading out...it will cause less attention. Hermione, you remember how to get there?"

She nodded. "Yes, we'll be all right."

"All right, I'll see you two back at the Order. Be safe."

Harry and Hermione both stuck their heads out the window, watching her soar up high in the sky, before the clouds finally made her disappear from sight. Harry then looked at Hermione and waited until she finally looked over at him. "Hermione...what's going on?"

Hermione slid back inside along with Harry and they both shut the window closed. "Go change first...No, Harry," she insisted when he opened his mouth to argue. "We need to be ready to go as soon as we can, once you've changed I'll tell you."

"All right, all right," he relented as he walked over to his desk where he laid his change of clothes. He reached behind his back and fisted a handful of his shirt and yanked it over his head, tossing it on the floor before he grabbed his clean long sleeve blue shirt. He was about to put it on when he looked over to see that Hermione was staring. "You gonna watch or what?" he asked with a teasing grin.

Hermione's whole face flushed. "Oh! Sorry...of course not," she flustered and hastily turned her back on him.

He just shook his head in amusement when he watched her start to fiddle with his unmade bed. She was making his bed...how funny. "It really bugs you that much?" he asked her as he started to change into his jeans.

"No, of course not, I didn't mean to stare, Harry," she rambled as she started to fluff his pillow. "I mean, I wasn't really paying that much attention and I was thinking about stuff and all and...."

"Hermione," he said slightly laughing as he slipped on his trainers. "I was talking about you making my bed...not about watching me undress."

He couldn't see her face but noticed she froze her actions. "Oh...well, I just thought I'd tidy it up, while I waited for you to changed."

"Uh huh," he said as he stood up and straightened his shirt as he walked over to her. "Okay, you can turn around and now tell me what's going on."

Hermione smoothed out his bed one last time before finally turning around and sat on the edge of it. "Well," she started when Harry sat next to her. "Dumbledore feels that it might be safer for you to go ahead and come back to the Order."

"But why? I thought I was safer here?"

"I don't rightfully know, Harry. The Order still doesn't tell us much, but from what we could find out on the pair of Extendable Ears Fred and George left us, I think...well, I think they might have spotted Death Eaters nearby."

"Death Eaters? Here in Little Whinging?"

"I don't know, Harry, it's possible," she said looking extremely worried. "And Dumbledore of course didn't want to another episode like the summer before our fifth year, so he feels it would be best if you came to the Order."

He nodded. "I see."

"And he wanted to draw less attention to ourselves; that's why it was just Tonks and me. Ron probably would have been the one to come with Tonks, if he wasn't sick, but since he was out, I offered to go."

"Ron's sick?"

"Yeah, he got the wizard flu," she said with a wave of his hand. "Similar to Muggle flu, but a little worse. He's been throwing up constantly...at least it's not slugs."

He winced. "Poor Ron."

"Yeah, he's been in bed for a week, he's going stir crazy. Luna is about to drive him mad, the way she's constantly pestering him to stay in bed."

Harry couldn't help but laugh at the thought of Luna fussing over Ron almost as bad as Mrs. Weasley. "It's going to be great to see everyone. How's Draco and Ginny? They haven't killed each other yet?"

"Not yet, but they sure love to argue." Hermione looked at the clock. "When did Tonks leave?"

"About ten minutes ago. Do you think it's safe if we left?"

"I think it be all right. Oh, you might want to leave a note for your aunt and uncle, so they'll know where you are."

"Yeah, I guess...although they wouldn't care much." Harry walked over to his desk and ripped out a piece of paper from a notepad and scribbled down a quick message. He then went over to the window and pulled it back open peeking his head out looking up at the sky. "You ready?" he asked taking a hold of his Firebolt.

She looked uneasily at the broomstick as if it was about to jump out and attack her. "Ready as I'll ever be I guess."

He gave her grin. "Don't worry, I won't do anything crazy. I'll go fly on out and then hover next to the window."

She nodded. "Okay."

Harry crawled up to the window with his Firebolt and carefully climbed on before he took off and slowly circled back around. He reached for the windowsill and got as close as he could get. "All right, slide on in front of me."

She tried her best to put on a brave face, but Harry could tell she was very worried. He grabbed her hand as she walked out of the window and then slid an arm around her waist. "Careful...I gotcha...take your time."

Hermione let out a sigh of relief when she was finally on the broom in front of Harry. "I don't like this, I don't like this."

Harry chuckled as he wrapped his arms around her, clutching the broom with both his hands. "You're fine. You ready? Just tell me when your ready."

Harry felt her take a calming breath. "R-Ready."

"Okay...just lean back and enjoy the ride," he said into her ear before he finally reared the broom up and slowly took the both of them in the sky.

Harry instantly felt that familiar joy seep through him as he soared gracefully up to the clouds. Hermione's back was pressing against him, due to the slight vertical angle he was creating as he flew higher. He could feel how tense she was and even though he couldn't see her face, he knew her eyes were shut tight. He wrapped his arms more securely around her, still gripping the broomstick in front of her. "Hermione, relax," he murmured softly in her ear. "You're not going to fall...I won't let you."

"I know."

He felt her shiver. "Cold?" he whispered.

She shivered again. "Y-yeah...a little."

"Lean back against me a little more...it might help."

She let out a deep shaky breath as she scooted back until she was nestled between his legs and her back was resting against his broad chest. He could automatically feel the heat radiating from both of them and suddenly felt warmer. He didn't even realize he was cold until he felt the warmth she provided. "That's better, isn't it?"

She just nodded her head gently and he felt herself slowly begin to relax. "Are we good on the direction? From what I remember we head northwest for a bit."

"Yes, I think a town is coming up though, so you might want to veer to the right."

"Okay, hang on," he said and gently leaned to the right and Hermione moved with him. Her hair blew lightly across his face, tickling his nose but made no movement to push it aside. A pleasant scent swept over him and it took him awhile to realize the sweet scent was coming from Hermione. Funny, he never really paid attention to it and couldn't understand why he was just now noticing. She smelled really good. "Do you have Ron's perfume on?" he asked slightly teasing.

She let out a sarcastic laugh. "That bottle has been sitting on my dresser collecting dust for almost two years now."

He chuckled. "So what kind of perfume DO you have on?"

“I'm not wearing any perfume, Harry," she said. "Veer to the left...we need to head a little to the north."

He did as he was told. "Then how come you smell so good?"

She shifted around enough to look up at him. "I smell good?"

"Yeah...kind of like peaches."

She smiled shyly before turning back around. "It's just the soap I use, Harry. Honestly, I've used it since third year?"

"Really?" he asked dumfounded. "Huh...guess I never picked up on it until now, since we have never been this close."

"That doesn't surprise me."

"What? What's that suppose to mean?"

"Nothing...you might want to..."

But, she never got to finish what she was saying. Instead, she finished her sentence with a scream. A flash of red light flew by them, missing them only by inches. Harry swerved suddenly to avoid another flash of light, causing Hermione to lose her balance. She screamed as she started to slide off the broom and Harry watched in horror as she frantically tried to grab for something.

"HERMIONE!" Harry yelled when she saw her dangle dangerously from his broomstick with just one hand. "Give me your other hand!"

Her legs flared and her body swayed as she continued to grip the broomstick with her right hand. "Harry...I'm slipping!"

"No! Hang on...Don't let go!" he pleaded as he reached down as far as he could, trying to scoop his arm under hers. "Pull up! Try to pull up, Hermione!"

"I can't!" she cried.

Another light flashed by and Hermione shrieked again as their broom bucked. Harry saw her fingers lose grip and he quickly reacted by grabbing her wrist to keep her from falling. Now, only his one hand prevented Hermione from falling to the earth. "I've got you!"

She looked up at him fearfully. "Don't let me go!"

"I won't...Hermione, please...look at me...don't look down and concentrate on me. Look at my eyes and nothing else!"

Tears were streaming down her face as she looked up at him. "I won't let you go, Hermione," he said and clenched his hold on her tighter when another attack flew by them. He knew they were trying to bring them down...whoever they were. "Now, reach for the broomstick with your other arm...you can do it!"

She lifted her other arm up as high as she could and Harry tugged on her other arm, hoping it would help her reach the broom. "Good," he breathed when she managed to clasp the broomstick. "Almost...Hermione, try to pull yourself up!"

Harry could tell she was using all her strength and might she had in her tiny body as she pulled herself up, with Harry tugging on her arm as hard as he could. "That's it, Hermione...no don't look down...look into my eyes, remember?"

Hermione huffed and grunted as she began to pull herself up closer and closer. Harry quickly snaked his arm around her waist and yanked her whole body securely back onto the broom. He wrapped both his arms around her as she wept uncontrollably. "It's okay...I got you, you're okay. Hermione, we have to get on the ground. I want you to lean forward until you're lying flat against the broom." She was still shaking so he pressed her down himself with his upper body, so he was protecting her like a shield. "We're going to make it for the trees down below...do you see it?"

She sobbed as she nodded her head.

"Okay...hang on tight."

Harry then buried his face against her neck before suddenly dropping to a deep and fast dive, plummeting towards the earth.

3. Chapter 3

Hey guys, here’s more of Circle of Friends. I’m running late this morning, so I didn’t have a chance to re-read it. So if there are small mistakes, I apologize, I just want to get you guys caught up on this one. Sorry for not writing more of Four of Hearts. The ranch was pretty eventful considering. My grandmother and my mom’s cousin came on Saturday, so we had to entertain them. Plus, my dad likes to steal my laptop so he can play his free cell, haha. So I didn’t get much written. But I’ll post some soon, I promise!

Chapter 3

Harry could feel the tears streaming down his face as his speed increased and the cold wind slapped in his face. He was hoping he could fool them...whoever they were....into thinking that they were out of control and that they were going down. "Hang on, Hermione!" he yelled in his ear. "Hold on tight!"
He then did a sloppy twist in the air and started to slow down a tad as the treetops were getting closer.

He quickly swerved to the right to avoid branches and twigs, but it was too dense and he tried his best to block Hermione from anything scraping her face. He saw the ground getting closer and just as he was planning on landing, something caught the tip of the broom and he felt him and Hermione start to buck forward. He heard Hermione scream as they fell to the uneven ground and when he hit the ground, he rolled instantly to decrease the pain. It didn't work that much, he felt a sharp pain in his shoulder as his body continued to roll out of control.

He was on his stomach and winced as he lifted his head. "Hermione?" His vision was blurred so he felt along the ground aimlessly for his glasses. He thought he could see Hermione's body lying over to his right and so he frantically began to crawl over to her. Lucky enough, on his way over there he felt his glasses and he quickly put them on and went to her side. "Hermione.."

She was laying on her side, her right arm stretched out as her head lie lifelessly on it. He picked the leaves and twigs out of her hair, caressing the side of her face. "Hermione, wake up...please wake up."

She moaned and her eyes twitched. Relief....the same relief he felt more than once when he found out she was okay, swept through him once again. "You're okay...."

A rustle of branches erupted to his right suddenly and he whipped his head around and opened his ears. "Where'd he land!" a voice said that was way too close. "He and that girl have to be around here somewhere!"

Harry then knew he didn't have much time so he quickly pulled out his invisibility cloak that was hidden inside his Gryffindor cloak. He leapt over Hermione and laid next to her as he quickly flung the cloak over both of them, pulling her close and making sure none of their legs or arms were sticking out. He noticed they were almost right under a prickly bush, so he scooted them both as far as he could under the protective branches "Hermione," he whispered once had them securely out of view "If you hear me...be quiet. Don't make a noise." Just to be safe he gently placed a hand over her mouth and kept his eyes open as he felt someone getting closer.

Sure enough he saw someone break through the clearing and since he was on the ground he couldn't look up high enough and the branches obscured his view. "They shouldn't be far," he heard the man call out to someone.

Not long after, another man came tearing through the clearing. "We need to find them," said a rough cold voice. "The Master will not be please if we fail him."

"Look!" the other man said. "The broomstick...it's in that tree!"

"Spread out!" he yelled to him and the others that were running all around the security of the trees. "They can't have gone far!"

Harry closed his eyes as he tried not to move...not even breath as he held Hermione closer. He almost lost her...again. He almost lost her just a short month ago and his mind started to take him back...back to another forest. Just as dark and just as evil....

It was dark. The full moon above barely seeped through the tops of the trees. Harry stood firm on his feet...very weak from he curses that Voldemort endured on him, but he still stood.

And Voldemort was down.

Harry breathed heavily as he glared down at Voldemort....he could see where Ron was still lying unconscious out of the corner of his eye. Hermione was kneeling next to him. "It's over Voldemoret," Harry said as he lifted his hand where the green flame still flickered and glowed.

"Is it?" he hissed as he leaned up on one of his elbows, looking weak and defeated. "I highly doubt it."

Before Harry could even blink, he watched in horror as Voldemort dove for his wand and pointed at Hermione. He yelled a curse...a curse he had never heard before, but he saw a blue light hit Hermione, causing her to topple over. "HERMIONE!" he yelled as he took a step towards her.

"Don't worry, Potter," he said stopping Harry in his tracks. "She's still alive."

Harry watched Hermione struggle to get up, but the pain seemed to be too unbearable for her. "What did you do to her!?"

He gave him a cold smile. "It's similar to the killing curse....but instead of sudden death...she will suffer."

Harry's stomach and heart dropped. "I'll kill you!"

"Will you?" he asked and laughed...a cold laugh that sent chills down his spine. "I'm not so sure."

Harry looked over at Hermione, with helplessness in his eyes. He didn't want to loose her....he just couldn't.

"As you know, the green flame in your hand is used to kill evil...or safe the life of someone you love."

"Harry, no!" Hermione cried as she lifted her head from the ground. "Don't...do it! Save our world! Kill him!"

"Well, well," he rasped. "Looks like the Mudblood's got guts..."

"Harry! Kill him!" Hermione pleaded.

"Kill me and you will loose her, Potter!" Voldemort hissed back. "She will die a long...suffering....death!"

"Harry....don't.....you have to kill him!"

Harry looked down at Hermione and into her pleading eyes. Could he go on without seeing those brown eyes looking back at him. Could he actually go on without her pushing him to do better? To never see her laugh again? Or smile? No. No, he couldn't. She was what always kept him sane.

"What's it going to be, Potter?" Voldemort cackled. "Will your love for your Mudblood girlfriend, save her?"

Harry barely heard his words he couldn't tear his eyes from Hermione. He watched her crumble in pain as she collapsed back onto the ground. "Hermione, no!" he cried as he threw the green flame directly at Hermione, hitting her right in the chest.

She gasped as her back arched while a green glow filled out through her body. Not thinking about Voldemort, he ran to Hermione, falling on his knees beside her. "Hermione," he said as he lifted her up into his arms. 'It's okay...you're okay."

Her breathing was fast and heavy as she clung to him. Harry knew that Voldemort was already gone. "Why? Why did you do it?" she cried as she clung to him. "It could have ended."

"But the cost would have been the price of your life...and I can't loose you." Harry let her cry in his arms while he closed his eyes and rocked her. "I'm too selfish, Hermione....I need you in my life."

Voldemort gave him a choice...to save the world or save his best friend. It was a no bainer. "Come on." He kissed her forehead. "We need to get Ron to the hospital..."



Harry was jerked out of the memory when he felt Hermione stir. "Shh," he whispered urgently when he saw her eyes open. "Death Eaters."

He watched her eyes widen but she simply nodded in understanding. Harry tightened his grip on her as he laid his head back down and kept his ears open, straining to hear any noise. He could still hear them far off in the distance, but he didn't want to chance moving yet. He leaned close to Hermione until his lips were inches from her ear, so he could speak as softly as he could. "We have to stay here for awhile...maybe for the rest of the night."

"Okay," she whispered shakily.

"They'll quit looking for us at dawn," he whispered. "Just lay quiet and try to get some sleep. I'll be on guard."

"Harry....I highly doubt I'll fall asleep."

"I know," he said softly as he bent his head down until his lips touched her shoulders. "But try."

Hermione shivered again and he scooted her closer and tried to keep her warm.

4. Chapter 4

Hey guys. Sorry I haven’t updated Four of Hearts yet, but I was sick all day yesterday. I have some viral infection. I had to get x-rays, my blood taken and pee in a damn cup, lol. So I haven’t been up to writing lately. TO make it up to you, here’s a long chapter of Circle of Friends. I’m trying to get you guys caught up. I promise I’ll try and write more of 4 of Hearts this weekend. Thanks for being patient!

XX

Chapter 4

"What do you mean missing?!" Ron exclaimed as he shot forward in bed.

"Ron, calm down," Luna said as she pushed him back down. "You're going to have a stroke."

"Lay off, I'm fine," he muttered scowling at her and then turned back to Ginny and Draco. "What happened?"

"No one knows for sure," Draco replied shaking his head. "Tonks arrived over an hour ago, which means Harry and Hermione should be here by now."

"But they're not," Ron said and then angrily shoved off the covers.

"What do you think you're doing?" Luna demanded when he started to get out of bed.

"Do you honestly expect me to just lay here while my friends are out there?"

"Ron, you are in no condition," Ginny argued. "Besides, the Order is taking care of it."

He ignored her and tried to stand up, but he felt light headed and his knees buckled. Luna was at his side at once, wrapping her arm around his waist. Ron had no choice but to put his arm around Luna's neck. He hated this. He hated being this weak and useless. Luna tried to get him back in bed, but he resisted. "Just give me a minute."

Luna rolled her eyes. "Why is everyone in your family annoyingly stubborn?"

"Hey," Ginny said slightly offended.

Draco leaned close to her. "She does have a point." He grunted in pain when Ginny responded by elbowing him in the gut.

"Get back in bed, Ron," Luna insisted. "You are in no shape to do anything but get some rest."

"I can't just do nothing," he protested even though he didn't fight Luna when she was pulling the covers back over him. "Those are my friends out there."

"I know you feel helpless, Ron," Ginny said. "But there's nothing any of us can do right now but wait."

"Tonks and Lupin are out there right now looking for them," Draco told him. "They'll find them. And you know Harry, he's too stubborn to give up now."

"Right," Ginny nodded. "And Hermione with him and Harry would never let anything happen to her."

Before Ron could respond, Mrs. Weasley walked into the room. "Mum, any word on Harry and Hermione?"

She frowned. "I'm afraid not, but don't you worry..."

"The order is taking care of it," Ron finished and crossed his arms. "Yeah, yeah, so I've heard."

"Draco, dear, Professor Snape is down in the kitchen, he'd like to speak with you."

He nodded. "Thanks, Mrs. Weasley," he said and left the room.

"Ginny, would you mind writing to the twins? They should know about this since they are a part of the Order now. Make it short as possible, in case someone intercepts it."

"Okay, Mom."

Once Ginny was gone she turned to Luna. "How's Ron doing?"

"I'm right here you know," he snapped. "I can answer myself."

"Don't be silly, you'll just lie to get out of bed."

"He's doing better," she told her as Ron continued to sulk. "His fever would go down if he would just relax."

"How can I relax with you fussing over me!"

"That's enough, Ron," Mrs. Weasley said firmly. "Luna's been nice enough to take care of you while I've been busy with the Order, you can at least show her some respect." Ron just muttered something under his breath and looked away. "I need to get dinner ready, " she told Luna. "I'll have some soup brought up for him."

"Can't I have solid food, Mum? I'm sick of soup."

"Maybe tomorrow, if you feel better. Yell at me if you need me, Luna dear and feel free to yell at Ron if he gives you a hard time. You have my permission."

She giggled. "Yes, Mrs. Weasley."

"Being sick sucks," Ron grumbled once they were alone.

"Yes, I'm sure it does," she said as she started to fiddle with his covers.

"Will you stop fussing over me like some child," Ron said as he shooed her hands away. "I already have a mother for that."

She froze her actions and looked down at him. Ron could see the hurt in her eyes and he already regretted snapping at her. “Fine, I'll just leave you then, since you obviously want to be alone and feel sorry for yourself." She then huffed out a breath and turned on her heels to leave.

"Luna, wait," he said quickly as he reached out and grabbed her wrist. She slowly turned her head and looked down at his hand then back at his eyes. "I'm sorry," he sighed as he leaned back on his pillows in defeat. "I'm just worried about my friends and feel completely helpless right now. I took my frustration out on you."

"Ron, I know you're worried," she said as she sat down on the edge of the bed next to him. "We all are, they're not just your friends. I know you're closer to them, but that doesn't mean we care any less."

"I know that. It's just...I was really looking forward to spending time with them."

She smiled softly. "I know." She then maneuvered her wrists so she was now holding his hand. She reached up and gently pushed away his bangs.

Ron closed his eyes when he felt her cool hand press against her forehead. "You're still a little warm," she whispered She got up from the bed and walked over to the water basin and picked up the terry cloth that was soaking in it. Mrs. Weasley bewitched it so it would continued to stay cool and never get warm.

"I feel tired all of the sudden."

Luna rung out the water and then carried it back to Ron sitting down next to him. "All that excitement wore you out." She brushed back his bangs again and placed the cool cloth on his forehead. "This will help your fever go down.

He sniffed as he pulled the covers over him. "Is it cold in here?"

"No," she said as she ran her fingers through his hair. "You're not getting any better, you need to rest."

"Okay," he sighed as he felt himself start to drift off. "You have...a nice....touch."

Luna blushed and waited for him to continue, but sleep had finally over taken him.

XXXXX

Harry felt himself slowly start to wake before he even opened his eyes. He felt something warm close next to him and he nudged closer to the unfamiliar comfort. It then shifted and turned towards him, wrapping long limbs around his body as it snuggled closer. He then realized the warm comfort was a human body....a female human body. Confused, he made his eyes start to open blinking in his surroundings. He was outside and looked up to see that he was enveloped in his invisibility cloak. His eyes shifted over to see Hermione still sleeping soundly with her arm draped over his waist and one of her legs tangled with his.

Then suddenly everything came back to him in an instant and his whole body tensed as he snapped his head up in full alert. How could he have been so careless and fall asleep when Death Eaters were lurking? It was daylight, but still slightly dark due to the gray clouds blanketing the sky. He heard a distant roll of thunder and knew it was only a matter of time, before rain would start to fall. They needed to find some kind of shelter, because getting cold and wet would make matters even worse. He placed a hand on her warm shoulder and shook her gently "Hermione."

She mumbled a protest and moved her body against his causing him to blush. "Um...Hermione," he said a little louder. "Wake up."

"Harry?" she said as her eyes fluttered open and met his green speckled eyes. "Harry, what..."

"Hermione, we need to get up." Another thunder clapped and this time it was louder and definitely closer. "We need to try and find shelter."

She looked up and could see the gray clouds rolling in. "Okay....Maybe there's a cave somewhere."

"They took my firebolt last night," he said sadly. "So we're pretty much stuck."

"Oh, Harry, I'm so sorry. Sirius gave that broom to you, I know it means a lot to you."

Embarrassed, he shrugged it off. "Yeah, well no need to dwell on it now. Keeping us alive is what's important." He started to sit up. "Let's get going. Are you okay? Woozy at all?"

She slowly sat up. "A little," she said shakily. "Nothing I can't handle."

"Well, take it easy getting up," he said getting up on his knees while keeping the cloak over them. Harry placed his hand on her forearm as they slowly got up on their feet. "You okay?" he asked again.

"Yeah, I'm....." Hermione hissed out a breath and collapsed forward in pain.

Harry immediately caught her before she fell, wrapping his arms around her waist. "What?" he asked alarmed. "What's the matter?" he asked securing her against his chest.

"My ankle," she winced looking down at her right foot. "I must have hurt it during our not so graceful landing."

"Yeah, not one of my bests," he said softly and then kneeled down to examine it. "Is it broken?"

"I don't think so...I might have sprained it."

Harry gently touched her ankle running his fingers over her skin. "It's pretty swollen." He stood back up and held her up right. "Do you think you can limp on it at all?"

"I....I'll try."

"Here." He handed her the cloak so she could hold it in place, before sliding his arm around her waist. He then lifted her free arm around his neck so he could support her. "Lean against me as much as you need."

"Do you think we need the cloak still?" she asked looking around the trees as if she was searching for Death Eaters.

"No, but it's better to be safe....you ready? Let's head through that little trail over there."

"Okay," she said as she leaned as much as possible for Harry's support and started to limp slowly with him. Harry noticed her wincing and breathing heavily as she took her small steps and he tightened his grip on her hoping to ease the pressure. They went along the small trail that was wide enough to fit the two of them as the branches and twigs would grab the cloak every once in awhile. Harry looked over at Hermione to see pain written all over her face and her eyes were shimmering with tears. "Hold on, hold on....this isn't working."

"No, I'm fine," she said stubbornly.

"You're not fine," he said as he walked in front of her and squatted down. "Hop up."

"What?"

"Get on my back, you need off that ankle," he told her turning around to look at her. "You're in pain, Hermione and I can't bear to watch it." He then nodded his head gesturing to back. "Now up you go."

Hermione finally gave in and jumped up on his back. Harry grabbed under her thighs and yanked her up high and told her all she was in charge of us keeping the cloak together. With that said, he continued on the trail and their pace had quickened considerably. "Are you sure I'm not too heavy?"

He let out a laugh. "Hermione, you're light as a feather," he said as he bent down a bit to avoid a low branch. "Trust me when I say you are far from heavy." Just then another thunder cracked loudly causing both of them to jump and look up at the sky. "Let's just hope we can find shelter. Keep your eyes peeled."

5. Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Harry stopped and looked up at the dark sky and was surprised that the storm had held on for as long as it did. He hitched Hermione higher up on his back so he could get a better grip. "How are you doing?"

"I'm the one getting a piggy back ride, Harry, I'm doing just fine." She moved her head to the side of his so she could look at his face. "The question is how are you doing?"

"I'm fine," he said distracted as his eyes circled for some kind of sign of shelter. A loud crack of thunder exploded above them. "We really need to find shelter, the storm is right above us."

"Harry, you can't keep carrying me...."

"I told you I'm fine...." He stopped suddenly and looked to his right, squinting into the trees. There was a piece of large rock in the distance and it very well might be part of a cave of some sort.

"What is it? Do you see something?"

"Maybe." He gently put her back on the ground and turned around to face her. "You stay here..."

"Harry, I'm not...."

"No, listen to me," he said firmly. "I think I might see something up ahead and it's hidden in some dense branches. There's no sense in you making the hike unless you have to. You stay here with the cloak, I'll be right back."

She looked worried, but she didn't protest any further. "All right, I'll stay. Just...please, hurry back."

"I will..stay here and be quiet." He then slipped out off the cloak and headed off through the trees. He had to duck and maneuver his way to avoid sharp branches and the further he got the denser the branches closed in. He kept looking back to make sure Hermione was okay, even though he couldn't see her, he knew she could see him.

Finally, he passed the clearing and placed a hand on the huge slab of rock that slanted downwards. He ran his hands over it as he started to circle, praying for something that could protect them from the rain. He then saw a crevice in the rock and squatted on his heels to further examine it. It was big enough to slide one person through so he got on his tummy and shimmied his way through the crack. It was small, but it would work. The top was low so they wouldn't be able to stand, but it was tall enough to sit and wide enough to lie down. He hoped for something larger, since he knew Hermione was claustrophobic, but it would just have to do. He shimmied his way back out of the small cave and made his way back to Hermione.

"Did you find something?" he heard her say and then her head peaked out from the cloak.

He nodded. "Yes...it will be a tight fit Hermione and I know you don't like...."

"Lead the way."

"What?"

She shook her head. "It's really not the time to be picky so I have to push my phobia aside for now."

He gave her an encouraging smile. "It's really not that bad and I'll be right there with you."

She nodded. "I know."

"Let's loose the cloak for now," Harry said as he pulled it off of her. "It will be impossible to keep it on going through the bushes...think your ankle can hack it?"

"Sure, don't worry about me."

"Easier said than done," he said and then grabbed her hand. "Come on, just stay close and we'll go as slow as possible."

They moved slowly but they were making progress through the twigs and branches. The rain started to drizzle, but it wasn't hard enough for them to get soaked yet. "Almost there," he grunted as he pushed aside a brush trying his best to make it less painful for her when she passed through.

"I'm okay," she said shakily, but Harry could tell her ankle was starting to bother her.

By the time they made it to the clearing the rain was coming down a little harder. He helped her along the rock wall to the crevice and helped her onto her stomach and watched as she scooted her way inside. He followed right behind her and finally they were both out of the rain. "I really hope an animal doesn't live here," Hermione said as she ran her hands up and down her arms.

Out of breath, Harry sat up and leaned against the jagged wall. "Well...we're out of the rain...but now we're wet and cold."

"I'm freezing," she shuddered. "And my ankle is on fire."

Harry's heart went out to her and he couldn't help but admire her courage and determination. "C'mere," he said softly as he shifted his knees up and lent a hand out to her. "Body warmth will help."

She didn't hesitate and immediately scooted over to Harry and he gently brought her securely between his knees. He wrapped his arms around her and gently pushed her until her back was snuggled up against his chest. "You did good, Hermione," he whispered as she started to tremble in his arms. "You'll warm up here in a moment."

She closed her eyes as she rested her head against the crook of his shoulder. "Thanks, Harry."

"I'm going to get you out of this, Hermione." He leaned down and kissed her damp cheek. "I promise."

XXXX

Harry's eyes started to twitch as he felt himself start to wake. His lids slowly peaked open and his surroundings were dark and blurry and it took him awhile to remember where he was. His head was resting against the jagged rock wall and winced when he tried to lift it off the wall. Due to his uncomfortable position caused a horrible crick in his neck and he groaned in pain as he rubbed his neck.

"Harry?" Hermione said sleepily as she tilted her head up to look at him. "Are you all right?"

"I'm fine," he grunted as he shifted slightly. "Just a little stiff."

"Oh!" she said suddenly as she lifted her head off his chest and turned slightly towards him. "That wall couldn't be comfortable, Harry."

"Not really, no," he said as he rubbed his shoulder and hissed out a breath.

"And my sleeping against you couldn't have helped things," she sympathized.

"That didn't bother me," he said quickly. And it didn't.

"Here let me get that." She started to reach up and replaced his hand with her own.

"No, it's okay, Hermione...."

"Don't be silly. Here, turn your back to me."

Knowing she wouldn't take no for an answer he shifted around until his back was to her and waited while Hermione situated herself behind him. "Hermione," he said turning his head to look at her. "You really don't...." Hermione replied by pushing his head back around. "Okay, shutting up now."

Hermione started to rub his aching shoulders with her hands and he groaned in both pain and pleasure when she pressed down hard on a huge knot on his shoulder. "How does that feel?"

"Bloody fantastic," he admitted as he dropped his head down.

She laughed softly. "I never gave a massage before."

"Really? Well, you do it perfectly." He clenched his teeth when she hit another sore spot. "And we'll definitely be making a habit out of this from now on."

"Only if you return the favor," she said as she started to press her fingers down his back.

"Okay," he hissed and shot straight up when she pressed down hard on the arch of her back.

"You are so tense. I'm probably massaging six years of stress out of you."

"Yeah, probably right." He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. His mouth was dry and he was absolutely starving, but right now he felt more relax than he did in years. It was as if Hermione had a magic touch.

"Harry?" Hermione said softly as she started to lightly run her nails along his back.

"Hmm?"

She traveled her fingers over his torso and wrapped her arms around him as she rested her cheek against his back. "I'm scared."

Harry placed a hand over her linked fingers that were resting on his stomach. "I know, Hermione." He gripped her fingers tight. "I'll get us out of here. You have nothing to be afraid of, okay?"

She sighed as she hugged him closer. "I know, Harry." She then lifted her arms and wrapped them around his neck as she propped her chin on his shoulder. "I have faith in you."

Harry took in a shaky breath as her words left a slight ache in his heart. He reached up and took her hands again as he leaned his head to the side, letting it rest on her arm. "Thanks Hermione."

And they stayed like that, holding each other as minutes passed. They had no idea what time of the day it was, the cave barely let in any light. Harry finally was the first to move and turned towards her but his hands still managed to stay in hers. "Hermione...you stay here, I'm going to go out and...."

"Harry, no," she said urgently.

"Hermione," he pleaded. "We can't stay in here forever, I have to do something if I'm going to get us out of here."

"Then I'm coming with you."

"No," he said firmly. "It's not safe...."

"I don't care, Harry, I'm not...."

He held up a hand. "Hush," he said urgently as he opened his ears.

"What?" she whispered and no that alarmed look in Harry's eyes. She could practically feel his defensive walls build up around him.

"Hear that...something's going on outside."

They both stood still and perfectly still, not even breathing loud. They heard yells...mostly male voices and commotion. "Something's going on," Harry said quietly as he turned towards the opening.

"Harry, please," she whispered urgently. "Please...."

"Wait," he said quickly and held a hand back. They heard someone outside and Harry's heart lunged in his throat when he realized someone was coming into the cave. He backed up quickly until his whole body was pressed against Hermione, protecting her as much as he could. He held out his wand and saw that Hermione was holding hers out as well from behind him.

The person was on their belly scooting through and he flinched when the first half came to view. He saw blonde hair...short blonde hair, which didn't look familiar. But her face did. "Tonks!" He ran to her and grabbed her arms trying to help her up. "Who's out there with you?!"

"Lupin," she gasped trying to catch her breath. "Thank Merlin you guys are okay."

"We'll help," Hermione said. "We'll help you and Lupin."

"No..you guys go...now and Apparate to Grimmauld."

"But we're not aloud," Harry said.

"It was okay'ed by the Ministry. You can Apparate. Go! I'll go grab Lupin and we'll be right behind you."

Harry hesitated at first and shared a worried look with Hermione, but finally relented. They both nodded and Harry took Hermione's hand and with a loud crack, they were gone.

Tonks quickly made her way back out of the cave, checking her surroundings before she knew it was safe. Lupin was not far, just around the corner, so she stayed low to the ground and made her way towards him. She sighed in relief when he was where she left him, which was crouched down behind a boulder while hexes and flashing light flew overhead. "Found them," she said coming up next to him.

"You did?" he asked as he pressed his back against the bolder. "Where were they?"

"In a small cave...Lupin, they're too many, we have to get out of here."

They both flinched and crouched lower when a green light hit the tip of the rock. "Okay...let's go. You go first and…."

He was cut off suddenly by a howl of pain and his eyes widened when he realized the scream was coming from Tonks. He crouched down next to her and noticed she was under the Crutiatis Curse and quickly aimed his wand where the light was coming from. "Stupefy!" The connection was disconnected and he immediately wrapped Tonks shaking body into his arms. "It's okay...you're okay." He then closed his eyes and with a loud crack they Disaparrated seconds before a green light flashed through where they were once standing.

6. Chapter 6

Yea! Two stories updated in one day. Go me! Hope you like!

XXXX

Chapter 6

Draco’s steel gray eyes traveled over the informative text as he sat hunched over at his desk. His fingers tensed in his hair, as he tried to ignore the distracting noises next door and concentrate on his potions. He needed to finish his summer essay that Snape assigned them and in order to finish it, he had to read five chapters worth of information. Sounded easy enough, but with the loud bangs and whistles coming from the Weasley twins next door, made it near impossible for him to concentrate. It was amazing to him how much louder the house was as soon as Fred and George stepped into it.

They arrived as soon as they heard about disappearance of Harry and Hermione, but at the same time they never stopped working. He had to hand it to them though; some of the things they came up with were pure brilliant. He suppose that’s why they were successful, they did put Zonkos out of business. If someone had told them that the Weasley’s would get as rich as his father, maybe even more, he would have laughed in their face. Thanks to the twins, they did and Fred and George were rolling in the Galleons. They took care of their family of course, and even offered to get a new house for the family, but Molly had refused and said that the Burrow held too many memories. He admired her for that.

BANG!

Draco jumped in his seat and cursed softly before slamming his book shut. Finally giving up, he stood up from his desk and decided to head to kitchen. He had studied through lunch and hoped Mrs. Weasley would have some sandwiches put away. Knowing her, he knew she would have noticed his absence and would take the time to save him leftovers. She was just that kind of person. Kind and giving. Two traits he never experienced growing up. As much as he hated to admit, he found a soft spot for Molly Weasley and the more he grew to know her, the more he liked her. She reminded her very much of Ginny.

Ginny. How does one describe her? Stubborn and confident were two easy descriptions. She was a fiery one and had a temper just as deadly. He would know since he was at the end of her temper quite a few times. The fact that he would usually be the cause of it was unimportant. What was important was that Ginny Weasely got under his skin. It was unsettling and he didn’t care for it.

He stopped at the doorway of the kitchen and felt that all too familiar feeling in the pit of his stomach every time he saw Ginny. She was sitting at the table with her back halfway to him, so he was able to see her profile. Her head was slightly bent and a curtain of flaming hair hid her face. She sniffed as she pulled the strand behind her ear and he stiffened when he saw a single tear ran down her cheek. He had never seen her cry before, due to the fact that Ginny always wanted to be strong in front of him, like she wanted to proof himself that she was not a little girl anymore and dammit…he admired that.

“Ginny?”

She gasped as she spun around in her seat. “Draco,” she said shakily as she wiped her tears away. “How long have you been standing there?”

“Long enough.” He walked over to her as she kept wiping her eyes. He sat down next to her on the bench and leaned back against the table. “You okay?”

She tried to laugh it off. “It’s silly.”

“You’re worried about Harry.”

Ginny noticed that it was a statement, not a question. “Well, of course, and Hermione.”

“Right. Hermione.”

Ginny could tell he was holding back something. “What?”

“Nothing. It’s just….” He let out a laugh that wasn’t at all humorous. “I know how you feel about, Harry and…”

“Oh?” she asked with raising brows. “And how do I feel about him?

“Come on Gin, its no mystery you have a thing for, Potter.”

“I do not have a thing for Potter, Draco,” she said with almost no emotion. She was tired of trying to get that through peoples minds. What else did she have to do? “I wish people, you especially, would understand that.”

Me especially?” he asked repeating her words slightly confused. “What exactly does that mean?”

“It doesn’t matter,” she said shaking her had as she stood up. “I’m going to bed.”

Draco stood up and grabbed her arm before she could go any further. “No, we’re not done talking about this.”

She let out an exasperated sigh. “About what exactly? What are we talking about?”

Draco opened his mouth to answer, but closed it when he realized he didn’t know what to say exactly. “I…er….ah, I don’t know! All I know is that I finally think I’m coming to understand you and then you do a complete one-eighty and I’m all confused again.”

“I’m not that damn mysterious, Draco,” she said with a little bit of edge in her voice. “You can be so damn clueless!”

“Clueless? What the Merlin are you talking about?!”

She stamped her feet in frustration. “Nothing, just…forget it! You make me crazy, Draco!”

“I make you crazy?” he blurted as he towered over her, standing just inches away from her. “You get under my skin more than anyone I know and I don’t like it!” That shut her up and it gave him extreme satisfaction that he managed to shut up Ginny Weasley. He was on a roll, why stop now. “You make me so…so…agitated…uncomfortable, I never know how to act around you half the time. Sometimes I just want to strangle you while other times I want to…”

Ginny swallowed the lump in her throat as she stared up in Draco’s smoldering gray eyes. Her heart raced just by looking at him. “Do what, Draco?” she finally managed to ask, her voice trembling.

Draco stood still, taking her in with just his eyes, before finally reaching out to cup the back of her neck. “This,” he finally said and yanked her against his hard chest, before his lips came crashing down on hers.

Ginny whimpered against his lips and didn’t protest when Draco dragged her closer. She flung her arms around his neck, returning the kiss with as much passion and fire Draco was giving her. She had been kissed before, but never had she felt this alive while another man’s mouth was devouring hers. And that’s exactly what Draco was doing. Devouring her. She was loving every minute of it.

Draco wrapped one arm around her waist and lifted her up off the floor, kissing her madly while his fingers were tangled in her long flowing hair. She responded to him so easily that it made him burn for her even more. She tasted so sweet he already knew he would become addicted to her. His fingers clenched handfuls of her hair as he deepened the kiss with urgency, backing her up until he dropped her on the kitchen table.

Ginny pulled him to her, welcoming him with open arms. She had so much emotion soaring through her; she spilled it all out in the kiss. Merlin, he was a good kisser. He actually made her toes curl. She didn’t think that was actually possible. The next thing she knew, his lips were now traveling down her neck and she was gasping for breath. “Draco,” she gasped and gripped handfuls of his hair with her fingers.

“Gin,” he breathed as he frantically ran kisses across her face. “Sweet Gin.” He captured her lips again on a moan, sliding his tongue over hers, tasting her deeply, not even caring if someone walked into the kitchen. All his thoughts were surrounded by Ginny.

CRACK.

Ginny gasped as they both jumped apart, looking over towards the entrance hall. “Someone just Apparated,” she said suddenly pushing him away so she could jump down.

“Ginny, wait,” he said running after her. “It could be…” He stopped right behind Ginny to see Harry and Hermione huddled together on the floor.

“Harry! Hermione!” Ginny exclaimed as she ran to them. “Oh you’re all right!”

“We’re fine,” Harry said as he started to help Hermione on her feet. “Draco, help me will you? She twisted her ankle.”

Draco immediately went to the other side of Hermione, grabbing her other arm while the two boys helped her on her feet. “Gin, why don’t you go get your mom.”

Ginny shared a quick look with Draco and found that her heart still raced and her lips still tingled. “O-okay,” she finally managed to say before she turned and ran off.

“Lupin and Tonks should be right behind us,” Harry said as they brought Hermione to the kitchen.

“I hope they’re okay,” Hermione said as the boys helped her on the seat. “I’m fine, really…thanks guys.”

Harry frowned as he knelt down in front of her. “How does it feel?” he asked as he slid off her shoe, then her stockings, so he could examine it properly.

She winced when he gently probed her ankle. “A little tender.”

Draco studied it over Harry’s shoulder. “It looks pretty swollen. Mrs. Weasley will probably know how to reduce the swelling.”

“Harry! Hermione! Oh, thank goodness!” Mrs. Weasley bustled into the kitchen and Draco immediately moved out of her way so she could fuss over them properly. “Are you hurt at all?”

“I’m fine,” Harry said as he sat down next to Hermione. “She twisted her ankle pretty good.”

CRACK!

“That must be Tonks and Lupin,” Mrs. Weasley said as she knelt down to tend to Hermione’s ankle.

Ginny shrieked when she saw Tonks lying practically limp in Lupin’s arms. “What happened?!”

“She was hit by the Crutiatis Curse pretty bad,” Lupin said as he carried her through the kitchen. Mrs. Weasley stood up to help him, but he shook his head. “I’ll tend to Tonks, you concentrate on Hermione.”

“Will she be okay?” Ginny asked anxiously.

“She’ll be okay.”

“Of course I’ll be okay,” Tonks mumbled as she tried to lift her head. “My head hurts like a bi…”

“Okay, Tonks,” Lupin interrupted before she could finish her sentence in front of the kids. “Let’s get you to bed.”

“Put me down will you?” she asked as he carried her out of the kitchen. “I’m quite capable of…”

“Save your breath, Tonks,” Lupin said as he took her up the stairs. “I’m carrying you whether you like it or not.”

The gang in the kitchen could hear them bickering all the way up the hall, until it was cut off by a bedroom door slamming behind them. Mrs. Weasley stood up after tending to Hermione. “That should help a little, but it will still be hard to walk on for a few days.”

When Hermione tried to stand up, Harry grabbed her arm to help her balance. “Thank you, Mrs. Weasley.”

“I’m just so relieved you guys are okay. Ron, will be happy to see you two.”

.“How is he?” Harry asked as he put a secured arm around her waist. “Is he up? Can we go see him?”

“I’m not sure he’s up, but of course you can go see him. He’d want to know right away you two were safe. He’s in the room you two share. Luna is up taking care of him.”

Harry nodded then turned to Hermione. “You up for some stairs?”

“Of course, with your help it won’t be too hard.”

Harry turned to Ginny and Draco. “You two coming?”

Ginny opened her mouth, but Draco said something first. “I have a potions essay to finish,” he muttered and stalked off without another word.

“Um…I think I’m going to go lay down and shut my eyes for awhile,” Ginny said with a fake smile. Truth be told, she wanted to talk to Draco about what happened in the kitchen, but obviously Draco did not. Maybe it was best to just forget it ever happened.

“You sure?” Harry asked.

She nodded. “Yeah, besides you three haven’t seen each other all summer. I’ll see you at dinner.”

“Something’s bothering her,” Hermione said with a frown as she watched Ginny hurry up the stairs. “I don’t know what, but I can tell.”

“Maybe you can ask about it tonight,” he told her. “Might be something girly.”

She let out a laugh. “You’re probably right.” She sighed as she leaned her tired head against his shoulder. “Thank you for keeping me safe.”

“You are my best friend.” He kissed her temple and felt his heart shudder against his chest. “It’s part of my civic duty.” He pulled her closer. “Now, let’s go conquer some stairs. We have a best friend to see.”

7. Chapter 7

Hey guys. Here’s another chapter! Work was SOOO slow yesterday I thought I’d start writing more of Circle of Friends. As for Four of Hearts, I’ll try to get something up soon. Enjoy this for now!

XXXXX

Chapter 7

“You look a whole lot better today,” Luna said as she watched Ron slowly get out of bed.

“I feel a whole lot better,” he said and took the time to stretch out his body. “I need a good hot shower and I think I’ll be cured.”

“You definitely got your color back.” She walked over to him and placed a hand on his forehead. “And the fever is way down.”

Ron grabbed her wrist and pulled her hand down. “I’m fine now, thanks to you.”

Luna blushed as she took a hasty step away from him. “Oh, it was nothing.”

“Well, you helped my mom out, so we both appreciate it, besides I…” Ron stopped talking when the door opened and to his surprise he saw Harry and Hermione walk in. “Bloody hell!” He then let out an excited whoop as he ran over to greet his friends.

Luna smiled as she stood back so the three could reunite. She smiled when Ron hugged Harry, patting him on the back, ruffling his messy hair as they both laughed. Her smile however dropped, when he took Hermione in his arms.

Harry noticed the sad look in Luna’s eyes as she watched Ron lift Hermione off the floor in a tight embrace. His heart went out to her since he knew how she felt about Ron. Everyone seemed to know, except Ron himself, who couldn’t recognize true feelings if it hit him on the head.

“Um, I’m just gonna go downstairs,” she mumbled as she hurried out of the room.

“Luna,” Harry said trying to stop her.

“I’m glad you and Hermione are okay,” she said quickly before exiting the room.

“So what happened?” Ron asked as he finally pulled down Hermione. “Did you guys really get shot down by Death Eaters?”

Harry continued to look at the door in which Luna left. “Um, I’ll let Hermione tell you, I’ll be right back.” He then left and went after Luna without waiting for a response. He didn’t bother going downstairs, even though she said that was where she was heading. He had a feeling she went to go hide in her room she shared with Ginny. He crept the door open to find her lying on the bed with an issue of The Quibbler hiding her face.

Over the past year, Luna had changed quite a bit. She had come a lot less…well, Looney and her nickname didn’t do her justice as much as it did. He didn’t blame her after all she had seen and her loosing her father the end of the school year. He was found dead in his home not too long after an article was published about the events that went on at the Department of Mysteries their fifth year. All kids involved gave interviews and not one thing was left out and Luna’s father paid the price. She was now like him. Parentless with no family. That was one of the reasons why he thought of her like a sister. They were almost as close as he and Hermione but in a different way.

Harry finally knocked on the door. “Lovey?” he said using the nickname he had given her last year. She said she hated it, but now she never complained when he used it. She never admitted it, but she knew she grew to love it. Harry, however, was the only one allowed to call her that.

Luna pulled down her magazine to reveal her watery eyes. “Harry?” she asked as she gave him a not so convincing smile. “What are you doing here?”

Harry closed the door and walked over to her. “Now Lovey,” he said as he sat next to her on the bed. “You know why I’m here. Ron may be a daft prick, but I can spot that look a mile away.”

Luna sniffed as she put her magazine back in front of her face. “It doesn’t matter. I know he likes Hermione.”

“Luna,” he said bringing her magazine down. “They’re just friends. Honest.”

She sighed. “Harry, I saw the way he looked at her and…”

“All right, that’s it,” he said as he took The Quibbler away and set it aside.

“Harry, what are you…”

“I’m going to tell you something that happened last year, involving those two.”

“I don’t want to…”

“Don’t make me put a silencing and binding spell on you, Lovey,” he warned.

She sighed as she crossed her arms over her chest. “Fine. I’m listening.”

He nodded. “Good. Now, it wasn’t too far into the year, right after Halloween. I was on my way back from an ever so enticing Occlumency lesson…”

Harry’s mind was drained and his scar was on fire like a phoenix on burning day. The lessons with Snape were getting harder and harder, but it only made him more determined. He did not want to make another mistake that would cost another life. He was getting better, even Snape couldn’t deny it. However, it didn’t make it any easier.

Harry hoped Hermione and Ron were waiting for him; he liked hanging out with them after a lesson. He would usually just relax on the sofa by the fire and Hermione would sit next to him…the presence of her was enough to comfort and relax his mind. His eyes would be closed and he would hear ruffles of paper as Ron skimmed through his latest Quidditch book. No words were usually spoken between the three; they both knew that his mind needed a break. They were the greatest friends anyone could ask for.

After mumbling the password, he stepped through the portrait hole and headed for the Common Room. He smiled when he saw his two friends sitting on the couch, but before he could speak, he watched in awe as Ron suddenly flew out of his seat and angrily stormed of to his room. Harry saw the look on his face and knew this was serious. Usually a typical Ron/Hermione fight left Ron annoyed, but it never left that look of anger.

He finally turned to Hermione and his stomach dropped when he saw tears streaming down her cheeks. Crookshanks was sitting on her lap, looking up at her as he lifted a paw up to her cheek in comfort. “Hermione?” he said softly, making his presence known.

She looked up and when she saw him, she broke down even more. Harry dropped his bags on the floor and went to her. As soon as he sat down next to her, she immediately leaned into him seeking comfort. “What happened?” he asked as he awkwardly put an arm around her. He was never good around a crying female, nothing was worse than seeing a girl cry. Especially if that girl was Hermione.

“Hermione,” he said again when she didn’t answer. “Talk to me.”

Hermione sniffed back to tears but her grip on him tightened. “He…he…”

“Did he hurt you? Make fun of you in any way?” He asked when Hermione struggled to speak.

She shook her head. “No, he…He asked me out.”

Harry’s hand that was rubbing her back froze. “He what?”

Hermione pulled away, wiping the last of her tears away. Harry still kept his hand on her back as he waited for her to continue. “He asked me to go to Hogsmead this week with him and at first I didn’t catch on. I told him of course I’d go…the three of us always go. He then told me he didn’t want you to go, just the two of us. That made me even more confused because I then thought you two had a fight or something. He finally got frustrated and blatantly told me he liked me and wanted to take me on a date.”

Harry’s frozen hand started to move again as he took in her rush of words. “And what did you say?”

Hermione’s lip trembled and Harry could see the tears swarming up. “Oh Harry, I didn’t know what to do!” Tears spilled out on her cheeks again and Harry couldn’t bear to see it, so he pulled her back in his arms. Hermione buried her face in his chest, soaking his school robes with her tears. “I c-care about him s-so much but…but…”

“You don’t feel that way about him,” Harry finished for her.

She nodded as she clung to him. “I knew…I always had an idea that he had feelings for me, but I hoped they’d fade away. I always dreaded the day he would confess.”

Hermione sobbed uncontrollably and Harry whised he could somehow make it better. “Hermione, it’s okay.”

“I didn’t want to hurt him,” she cried. She lifted her face up to look into his eyes. “Was I wrong to turn him down.”

“No Hermione,” he said softly but firmly as he pressed her head back against his chest. The sight of her tears were still gut wrenching. “It would have been wrong to say yes if you truly feel that way. Leading him on like that isn’t right. You did the right thing by telling him straight out.”

“B-but he looked so hurt.”

“I know,” he murmured. “I’m not going to lie to you, he might need some time. But he’ll eventually get over it.”

“I don’t want to lose him.”

“Oh, Hermione,” he whispered into her hair. “You won’t. I promise you.”

She was silent after that, but continued to sob quietly. Harry held her and rocked her for as long as she needed him. Finally, when Hermione’s tears subsided, he spoke. “Why don’t you head to bed,” he suggested as he gentlypulled her back. He studied her face and softly touched her tear stained cheeks. “You wore yourself out.”

“Could you…stay with me a little longer?”

He hesitated, not knowing what to do. A part of him wanted to get as far away from Hermione’s tears and sobbing because the site tore him up, but the other part wanted to be a good friend. He knew Hermione proved herself to him one too many times. The least he could do was stay with her a little longer. “Sure. I’ll stay.”

“Thanks Harry,” she said with a smile. “I’m just going to run to the bathroom real quick and try gather myself.”

Harry nodded and watched her leave. He then groaned as he plopped his face into the sofa cushions. So much for clearing his mind tonight, because he knew his brain was going to have a field day after all this. He rolled over on his back and stretched out on the couch, as his arm draped over his eyes.

Harry felt the couch shift and he lifted his arm to see Hermione. He lay there stunned as he watched her crawl over him and then swallowed a huge lump in his throat as she laid her body half on top of his. She slipped between the back of the couch and the front of her body was snuggled closely to his side. He lifted his arm to give her room and wasn’t exactly sure on what to do with it. She helped him out by grabbing his wrist and pulling it down over her shoulders. She rested her head just under his chin and he watched as she casually linked their fingers together, before resting them on his chest.

“Harry?”

Uh-oh. She’s speaking to me, which means I actually have to form words. “Y-yeah.”

“Thanks. For everything.”

Harry tilted his head down to look at her, causing his lips to graze her forehead. Hermione looked up at him as well and Harry couldn’t help but notice how beautiful her eyes were this close. “Anytime,” he finally said giving her a quick smile.

She returned it, then rested her head back down and kicked off her shoes off which landed on the floor with a thud. Harry followed suit and their feet grazed each other and their legs were tangled together. Slowly but surely the warmth the fire provided and the comfort of each other brought them to a dreamless sleep.

“You fell asleep?”

“Yeah,” Harry said with a small laugh. “The bad part is though…Ron found us like the next morning.”

Luna gasped. “No.”

“Oh yeah,” Harry said with a shake of his happy. “He was not pleased. I don’t think I’ll ever forget the look in his eyes. It was the first thing I saw when I woke up.”

“So what happened?”

“Well. Ron pretty much ignored us for a good two weeks. Hermione was devastated so she of course threw all her worries in her schoolwork. I for one was getting sick of it so I finally made him listen to me.”

“Made Ron listen?” she asked. “How did you do that? He’s stubborn.”

“I put a silencing and binding spell on him,” he said with a wink.

Luna giggled in delight. “I wish I could have seen that.” She then smiled at him brightly before throwing her arms around him. “Thanks Harry. You’re the best.”

8. Chapter 8

Hey guys! Did everyone enjoy the movie who has seen it? I saw it last night and it was so great! So many Harry and Hermione moments I was in heaven. And I also have to tell you guys a funny story, hehe. We were watching the movie and the scene with Lupin teaching Harry to defend Dementors was on. It was really quiet since it was a serious part and then, someone two or three rows behind me…farted. REALLY loud. LMAO. At first, my friends and I were to shocked to say anything. Then we crouched in our seats and had to bite are lips to muffle our laugher. We were laughing so hard, but didn’t make a sound. Other people around us were giggling. I was like “Guys, this is a serious part!” But I couldn’t even stop laughing. Talk about embarrassing. I just hope it wasn’t some poor girl on a date, that would be terrible. Anyway, besides that little incident, the movie was great! I’m going to see it again tomorrow!

Now, on to the story! Enjoy!

Chapter 8

“So,” Harry said as he finally let Luna go. “Now do you believe me when I say Ron and Hermione are just friends?”

She smiled. “Yes, I think I do. I now have another theory after hearing that story.”

His brows lifted. “Oh yeah? What’s that?”

“That you and Hermione would be perfect for each other,” she said sighing dreamily.

Harry busted out a laugh. “What? Are you crazy?”

She shrugged. “Some people say I’m looney,” she teased.

Harry rolled his eyes. “Well, you are if you think that. Hermione and I are…well, it’s complicated, Luna. We’re the best of friends and I…”

“Don’t you dare say you think of her as a sister,” Luna said stubbornly.

“I wasn’t going to say that,” he said quickly. “You I think of as a sister.”

Her eyes softened. “Really?”

He gave her a look. “You know I do, Lovey, but Hermione and I…”

“Oh Harry!” she cried and she threw her arms around him.

“Ooof!” he grunted at the power of her hug. She almost hugged as hard as Hermione. “Luna?”

“That is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me,” she said as she beamed up at him. “I’ve always wanted an older brother.”

He grinned. “Well I’d love the job if you want to hire me.”

“I can’t think of anyone better qualified.” She reached up and kissed his cheek. “But I still say you and Hermione deserve each other.”

Harry playfully scowled at her teasing face and then answered her by picking up a pillow and smacking it in her face. “Take that…sis!”

She gaped at him. “You hit me with a pillow.”

He let out a laugh. “Yeah, it’s called a pillow fight,” he said grabbing the pillow again. “Didn’t you ever have a pillow fight?”

She shook her head. “No…never.”

“Neither have I, but I’ve always wanted to.” He then tossed her an extra pillow and stood up on the bed holding up his own. “Now, defend yourself.”

XXX

“I wonder where Harry and Luna went off to?” Ron asked as he and Hermione left the room.

“I don’t know,” Hermione said as they walked down the hallway. “I think I heard Luna say…”

She was cut off by the sound of high pitch shrieking and a male laughter. “It’s coming from Luna and Ginny’s room,” she said as they walked to the closed door.

“Harry!” they heard Luna yelp through the door. “You’ll pay for that one!”

Ron and Hermione gave each other a confused look, than opened the door to see what the commotion was all about and both their mouths dropped. They were standing on the bed and white feathers fluttered around them like snowflakes while they kept beating each other up with pillows. Hermione giggled while Ron just stood their dumfounded. “What in bloody hell are you two doing?”

Harry and Luna both stopped and feathers died down to their feet. “Having a pillow fight,” Harry said and grabbed an extra one and tossed it to Hermione. “Show Ron how it works.”

“Gladly,” she said catching the pillow and then smacked it hard across Ron’s face.

Ron stumbled backwards stupidly and watched Hermione run to the bed giggling with laughter. “Hey!”

Harry swatted Hermione with his pillow as soon as she got up on the bed and then ducked for cover when she retaliated. “Come on, Ron!” Harry said between laughter and stumbled on the bed when both females ganged up on him. “I could use some help here.”

Ron finally grinned and ran to join them, grabbing the last pillow on the bed. Luna hit him on the head before he could even defend himself, but he made sure she wouldn’t get another easy hit. “Take that, Looney!” he yelled and swatted her repeatedly against her side, while Luna just giggled with delight.

“What in the world is going on?!” Ginny exclaimed from the doorway, but neither four stopped their fighting as they continued to hit each other with pillows.

“Ginny!” Hermione shrieked and then quickly doubled over to protect herself from Harry’s nasty blow. “I think there’s extra ammunition in the closet. Oh! Harry that’s playing nasty!”

Harry just laughed as he tackled her to the bed that was now covered in white feathers. Ginny joined the fight as well, ganging up on her brother, then decided to help Hermione and swatted Harry on his back. Harry just reached behind him and easily threw Ginny over his shoulder, causing her to laugh uncontrollably as she collapsed onto the mattress.

“What in the blazes is going on here?!”

All five of them stopped at the sound of Draco’s voice and Ginny’s smiled died when she saw him at the door. “Having a pillow fight,” Harry said who stood up and brushed feathers off of him.

“Yeah, want to join?” Ron asked as Luna giggled while picking a feather out of his hair.

Draco scowled. He had saw Harry throw Ginny over his shoulder and then playfully attack her with a pillow and the sight of it was unnerving. He hated being jealous of Harry Potter. “I’ve got more important things to do,” he muttered turned to leave.

“What’s the matter?” Ginny asked forcefully as she stood up on the bed. “Afraid?”

“Afraid?” Draco repeated. “Of what, pillows attacking me? Oh yeah, I’m terrified.”

“No, not pillows,” she said with a smirk. “Of fun.”

He eyed her warily. “What?”

Harry chuckled. “You heard her, Malfoy. You scared of having a little fun?”

“Okay first off, I’m not scared of anything,” he said firmly. “And second…if you guys didn’t forget, my birthday was last week.”

They all blinked at him. “So,” Ron stated.

“So,” Draco said as he pulled out his wand. “I’m no longer an underage wizard.” He then pointed his wand to the closets where extra pillows were stored. “Accio pillows!”

The five of them shrieked and ducked for cover when the pillows raced towards them. Laughter filled the room again as the kids all deflected the flying pillows. Draco laughed as he ran up to the bed and grabbed a free pillow out of the air and smacked the closest human body. Hermione fought him back and felt her pillow hit him against the side of the face. Luna took her turn on Draco as she swatted him with her pillow, but Draco laughed as he yanked her pillow away from her and threw her down on the mattress. Hermione jumped on Ron’s back and he toppled over Luna, while Ginny and Harry’s pillows were clashing together as if they were swords in a real live battle.

“Hermione, come take this one off my hands,” Ginny said as she avoided a blow from Harry. “I need to get a certain someone.”

Hermione responded by jumping on top of Harry, who wasn’t prepared for it and they both fell onto the mattress with laughter. Ginny stepped over them and grunted as she smacked Draco as hard as she could on top of his head. “Ready to play, Malfoy?” she asked challenging him. It almost seemed weird that just a few short moments ago they were kissing in the kitchen and now they were having a innocent little pillow fight.

“You’re going down, Gin-Gin,” he said attacked her with his weapon. Ginny just laughed as she fought right back, swatting him with her pillow any chance he got.

As the war grew on and feathers scattered all around the six young wizards, no one paid attention to the older witch and wizard watching them from the doorway. Tonks and Lupin stood there with a smile on their faces.

“Oh, would you look at that,” Tonks said softly. “It makes me want to cry.”

Lupin put an encouraging arm around her. “They deserve this. This is what it should be like.”

She rested her head on his shoulder. “They look like normal teenagers, without a care in the world. Oh, I hope one day it can be like this every day for them.”

“It will be.” He then closed the door to give the teenagers privacy. “We have to believe that or we’ll loose hope.”

9. Chapter 9

Well, work was slow today and I would have written more of the epilogue in Four of Hearts, but I didn’t have my cheat sheet with me, with all kids names on it. So there was no way to write it. So I thought I’d write more of this one today. Hope you like!

Chapter 9

Ginny stood just outside of Draco’s room with her fist held up in the air as she waited for enough courage to actually knock. It had been three days since the incident in the kitchen. Three days since he kissed her senseless against the kitchen table and for three days, she had thought of nothing else. He’d been ignoring her. Why? She didn’t know. The pillow fight was the last time they had any communication at all…

The feathers fluttered down on the six exhausted teenagers, who were now sprawled out on the bed, all of them very winded. Ron was flat on his back at the side of the left bed with one leg dangling over the side. Luna was beaming at the ceiling as she lay vertically in the middle of the bed. Her head was resting comfortably on Ron’s stomach and her legs were draped over Harry and Hermione, who were snuggled up together on the other side of the bed. Harry was on his back and Hermione turned towards him with their legs tangled and her head resting against his chest.

Ginny lay in the middle of the bed, but her legs were over Luna and she was using Draco’s stomach as a pillow. He was lying vertically at the edge of the bed as he gazed at the ceiling. Ginny had her head turned and eventually his mysterious gray eyes met with hers. It was amazing what one look from him could do to her. Her heart ached, her stomach fluttered and her breathing grew shaky. All from one look.

She then saw him smile softly and then he reached and brushed strands of her hair away from her cheek. It was such a sweet gesture that she smiled back at him, silently telling him she felt the same way. Then all of the sudden, he turned cold. His eyes darkened and his smile fell from his beautiful lips. Panic. She could see panic fill his eyes before he finally mumbled a goodbye and ran from the room.

Now she stood at his doorway, wanting desperately to strangle and kiss him at the same time. Well, she thought as she straightened her shoulders. I’m going to bloody well do one or the other to him…maybe even both. She then lifted her chin and knocked hard on his door.

“I’m not hungry, Mrs. Weasley.”

Ginny opened the door anyway and quietly stepped inside to see Draco at his desk, scribbling away with his quill. He was working so hard this summer, even more than Hermione. She got the impression that he was determined to impress Snape this year in school. As much as she didn’t care for the professor, she knew Draco looked up to him. He was one of the reasons Draco crossed to the light side.

“Really, Mrs. Weasley,” he said never turning around. “I’ll come down in a minute.”

“I’m not Mrs. Weasley.”

Draco’s chair scrapped against the wood as he whipped around to the sound of the all too familiar voice that had been invading his brain. His stomach clenched at the sight of her. “What are you doing here?” he asked harshly.

She tilted up that pointed stubborn chin of hers. “I think it’s quite obvious, Draco.”

His eyes narrowed. “Leave me alone, Ginny,” he muttered and turned back to his work.

The scratching sound of the quill on the parchment filled the room, as Ginny stood there nonmoving. “So that’s it?” she asked softly. “We’re just going to pretend nothing happened between us?”

Again all you could hear was scratching of his quill.

Ginny could feel her heart crumbling at his silence. “Well, I wish I could dismiss it as easily as you have.” She felt the tears threaten to appear and forced herself to push them back down. “I guess I’m the only one who thought it actually meant something.”

The scratching stopped and Draco threw down his quill and flew out of his chair. “Dammit Ginny,” he cursed as he advanced towards her. “It meant everything to me!”

Her heart plummeted to her stomach. “Draco..”

“Every minute of every day I have thought of nothing but kissing you.” He grabbed her arms and shook her. “Don’t you understand? I can’t have you! I can’t touch you or hold you and although that kiss will haunt me for the rest of my life…it can’t happen again!”

“Why?” she whispered as her heart continued to bang against her chest. His words still ran through her head and she did not know whether to laugh or cry. “What’s stopping you from kissing me right now?”

“Ginny,” he groaned as he closed his eyes, trying to control his emotions. “Don’t.”

“Help me understand,” she said as she lifted a hand to his cheek.

Draco stiffened at her touch and pushed her away. “You could get hurt, Ginny!” he yelled. “Or worse killed!”

Ginny now understood and she did not like it. “That’s not a reason,” she said quietly, yet forcefully.

“The hell it isn’t!” he shot back, but unlike Ginny, his voice was a lot louder. “Ginny…I am right under Harry’s name on Voldemoret’s, Kill and Destroy list. If he found out that we…if my father found out…”

“Your father?” Ginny interrupted. “He’s in Azkaban!”

Draco looked at her painfully and then tore his eyes from her. “Not anymore,” he said quietly.

Ginny gasped. “What?”

“Remember a few days ago…we were in Ron’s room and your mother came in and said Snape wanted to talk to me?” Ginny nodded. “Well, he told me that my father escaped.” Ginny gasped. “And I’m quite sure he was one of the death eaters that shot down Harry and Hermione.”

“Oh, Draco…”

“Don’t!” he warned when she stepped towards him “Voldemort or my father could kill you in an instant just for the price of loving me.” He shook his head slowly. “And I can’t handle the thought. We end this now, Ginny, before it’s too late.”

Ginny stepped closer to him. “What if it’s already too late?”

Draco eyes widened and swallowed the outrageously large lump that just formed in his throat. “Don’t,” he croaked as he held his hands out, backing away from her. “You don’t mean that, don’t say things like that.”

She ignored him and kept advancing closer to him. “Draco. Would you die for me?”

The back of his legs banged against the desk and he knew he was trapped. “Ginny…”

“Would you?” she repeated stopping just inches in front of him.

He curled his fingers into a fist to try and keep from touching her. “In a heart beat,” he breathed.

“How is that fair?” She pressed her whole body against him. “You are allowed to fight for the ones you care about and I have to sit back and play safe?”

“Gin,” he groaned in agony. She was way too close and he was trying so hard not to jerk his hips against hers. Merlin knows it would feel good.

“Sorry to disappoint you, Draco,” she said as she reached up and nipped his chin. “But it doesn’t work that way.”

Draco closed his eyes as he let himself enjoy the feel of her lips dance across his neck and he groaned when her teeth scrapped his earlobe. He was trying to do the right thing and she was making it very difficult. He had to try to make her understand. “Ginny, I…”

“I would die for you, too, Draco,” she whispered in his ear. “I promise that I’ll be by your side till the end.”

Who the hell was he kidding? How could he possibly say no to that? He dove his fingers in her hair and crushed his lips to hers, moaning in defeat. He felt her grip his shirt with her fingers as he continued to rub her soft lips with his. She opened for him and he took his fill, plunging his tongue inside her mouth and the taste of her intoxicated him. “Gin,” he groaned and flipped her around so she was now backed up against the desk.

She whimpered as she clung to him desperately while he lifted her up on the desk. Never leaving her mouth, he blindly pushed books and pieces of parchment off the desk. His bottle of ink fell over unnoticed and the ink spilled out onto the carpet. Her fingers were lost in his hair and her legs were wrapped securely around him. She was drowning in the scent and taste of him and she longed for more. She lifted her hips up to him, causing her skirt to ride higher up on her legs. “Draco,” she gasped at the feel of him grinding against her.

Draco growled against her throat as he ran lips and tongue along her soft skin. “Gin,” he sighed and looked down at her. “You are one stubborn witch.”

She smiled. “That’s what I hear.” She then pulled his head down for another kiss. She wasn’t nearly finished with him yet.

10. Chapter 10

Hey guys. Here’s an update to Circle of Friends. It’s not a very long chapter, but it’s something to get by for a few days. I’m going out of town to my friend’s lake house for the Fourth of July. A group of my friends and I are going tomorrow afternoon and won’t get back till Monday. So, although it’s short, I thought I’d post what I have so far, instead of waiting till next week and making it longer. To everyone in the U.S, have a good 4th! Everyone not in the states, have a good weekend!

Chapter 10

Harry felt something tickle his nose and he annoyingly swatted it away as he mumbled in his sleep. He heard giggling and the feeling of something flicking at his nose came back and he swatted again, this time harder, which caused more laughter to occur. Harry then jerked awake, opening his sleepy eyes trying to take in his surroundings.

He saw a blurry figure leaning over him and he squinted up to see familiar brown eyes. “Hermione?”

She smiled. “Get him, boys.”

Harry felt two large bodies tackle him to the bed and even though he didn’t have his glasses on, he could see a blur of red and blonde hair and knew exactly whom it was. “Argh! Ron! Draco! What are you doing?!”

“Stop trying to fight us, Potter,” Draco said as he pinned his arm down. “We got him, Hermione.”

Harry blinked up at Hermione who was now kneeling beside him on his bed and his eyes widened when she straddled his hips. “Hermione, what are you doing?”

She just smiled as she pulled out a red silk scarf from behind her back and then leaned down and pulled it over his eyes. “Hermione…guys, what’s going on?” he asked as Hermione tied a secure knot at the back of his head. “It’s in the middle of the night.”

“Midnight to be exact,” Ron said as he and Draco pulled Harry out of the bed. “You know what happens at midnight, don’t you Harry?”

He opened his mouth to speak, but closed it when he remembered. He turned seventeen at midnight. It was his birthday. “So, it’s my birthday,” he said as he carefully walked through darkness, trusting Draco and Ron to lead the way. “That doesn’t explain why you guys are acting so crazy.”

“It’s a surprise, Harry,” Hermione’s voice said from in front of him. He heard a door squeak open and then Hermione’s hushed whisper, urging them inside.

He didn’t know what was going on, but from what he could tell they were in Hermione’s room. She had lucked out and managed to snag a room all to herself and had the pleasure of no roommates. “Okay, undo the scarf,” he heard her say and then felt someone tugging at the knot.

The scarf came undone and he squinted at his surrounds. “Here,” Hermione said and handed him his glasses.

He gratefully put them on and finally everything came to focus. The room was lit with a soft glow, coming from one single lantern and everyone was standing around, looking at him. “Er…what’s going on?”

Hermione laughed as she ran up to him. “Happy birthday, Harry,” she said as she flung her arms around him.

He returned the hug, but he was still very confused. “Um…thanks.”

“We thought we’d have our own little midnight birthday party,” Ron said when Hermione finally let go. “We have candy from Honeydukes, plus some butterbeer.”

Harry blinked and looked around at all his smiling friends. “You guys…threw me a birthday party?”

“Just a private one,” Ginny said. “Mom is throwing you a bigger one tonight.”

Harry couldn’t believe it. His friends did this all for him. He finally replaced his confused frown with a smile. “Thanks guys…I’ve never had a party before.”

“We know, that’s why we decided to do this for you,” Hermione said and then started tugging him over to the circle of pillows on the floor. “Come on, take a seat.”

Harry plopped on one of the pillows and Hermione took a seat next to the right of him and Ron sat on his left. Luna kneeled on a pillow next to Ron and Ginny and Draco sat together across from him. “Here, have a butterbeer, Harry,” Ron said as he handed him a bottle.

He smiled brightly as he took it. “Thanks,” he said and twisted off the cap.

“So, how does it feel to be a legal wizard?” Draco asked as he took a sip of his drink.

He shrugged. “Honestly, it hasn’t really hit me yet. It’s weird knowing I can do magic now.”

“Why don’t you do something?” Luna suggested.

“Um…okay,” he said as he looked around for his wand and smiled when Hermione held it out to him. “Thanks.” He then looked around the room as he thought of something to do and grinned at the small vase full of daisies by Hermione’s bedside table. “Accio flowers!” he said as he pointed his wand to the vase.

Everyone watched as three white daisies flew out of the vase and glided towards the group. He hovered them in the air and twirled his wand in tiny swirls as he made the three daisies spin in a circle, before one by one he made the flowers fly to Ginny, to Luna and then to Hermione. The girls smiled and blushed as they caught their flowers in the air and Harry enjoyed watching Ron and Draco scowl at him while the girls kissed him on the cheek.

“That was very sweet,” Hermione sighed as she pressed her nose to the soft petals.

“Very smooth, Harry,” Luna said dreamily.

“And romantic,” Ginny added with a sigh.

“Yeah, yeah, Potter’s a regular prince,” Draco said in an annoyed voice and didn’t miss the opportunity to glare at Ginny. She just smiled and winked at him playfully, causing him to be even more annoyed.

“Let’s give Harry his surprise,” Ron suggested trying to change the topic. He didn’t know why, but watching Luna sigh and gaze dreamily at the daisy made him uneasy.

“Oh, let’s!” Luna exclaimed as she dropped the daisy in her lap and clapped her hands together.

“Surprise?” Harry asked with raised brows. “Guys, you didn’t have to…”

“You hush,” Hermione said as she got up on her feet along with Ron. “What kind of party would this be without a surprise?”

Harry watched Hermione and Ron open the closet door and rummage inside it. Hermione turned back around and told him to close his eyes and so he did with a smile on his face. “Guys, come on,” he laughed after awhile. “Can I open my eyes now?”

“All right,” he heard Hermione say. “Open.”

Harry opened his eyes and his heart leapt in his throat when he saw his two best friends holding a broom. Not just any broom, but a racing broom. Harry hurried to his feet and rushed over to it, running his hands along the handle as emotions swirled through him. “You got me a…this is the new model.”

“Yep, Firebolt Extreme,” Ron said with a grin. “Just came out last week.”

“How did you manage?” he asked as questions kept gushing out of him. “I mean…this is unbelievable guys.”

“Well, when Hermione told us you lost your broom,” Ron explained to him. “We thought we’d chip in to buy you one.”

“You all chipped in?” he asked as he looked over at Draco.

“Yes, even me, Potter,” he said with a roll of his eyes. “But just because you now have a faster broom than me, doesn’t mean I’m not going to put up a fight during Quidditch.”

“I hope not,” Harry said with a grin and then gazed longingly at his broom again. “I can’t tell you how much this means to me.”

Hermione gently placed a hand over his hand that was gripping the handle. “I know it can’t replace the broom Sirius gave you,” she said softly as she looked up worriedly in his eyes.

Harry squeezed her hand. “This broom means just as much to me, as my Firebolt did, Hermione.” He then kissed her cheek and pulled her into a hug. “Thank you.” He looked at his friends over her shoulder and smiled. “All of you.”

11. Chapter 11

Hey guys! Here’s another chapter! It’s not very long. BUT…since this is my only fic I’m working on at the moment, my updates shouldn’t take that long. I’m not starting a new one anytime soon…no long ones at least. Maybe one or two one shots. Anyway, hope you like it.

Chapter 11

The sun was setting on his seventeenth birthday and Harry sat on the wooden porch swing that the Weasley’s had put up last year, dangling from a tree. It was good to be at the Burrow and it was good to be outside and not cooped up inside on his birthday. He was shocked when he was told that his birthday would be at the Burrow, he thought they would have just a small gathering at Grimmauld.

A small gathering was the last thing he’d call it since so many people were there. Dumbledore made an appearance, along with Hagrid and some friends from school, like Neville, Dean and Seamus. Food was inhaled, laughter rang out through the house, paper shredded as he opened his presents…it was the best birthday party he ever had. Well, it was his first birthday party he had, so he really didn’t have anything to compare it to, however he knew he would never forget it.

He also had the chance to try out his new racing broom his friends had given him for his birthday. They had a friendly match of Quidditch and Harry caught the Snitch so fast every time, that everyone else got so annoyed they made him play with his right hand tied behind his back. It was a challenge and definitely slowed him down a bit. Only by a few minutes though.

“Hey, birthday boy.”

Harry looked up and grinned when he saw Hermione standing in front of him. “Hi.”

“Can I sit down?”

Harry scooted over and patted the empty spot next to him. “Have a seat.”

Hermione smiled as she sat next to him and laughed when he pushed them off with his feet. “I love porch swings,” she sighed as she looked up at the few stars that were making an appearance. “It reminds me of when I was little and visited Gram.”

“Gram?” he asked as he continued to slowly rock them with his feet. “I don’t think I ever heard you talking about her.”

She smiled. “I don’t remember her a lot, she died when I was seven. I do remember visiting her during the summer at her house. She had a porch that wrapped around her entire house and a porch swing in the front. I remember sitting in it, thinking that one-day I’d have a house like this.”

“Well, knowing you Hermione, if you want it bad enough…you’ll get it.”

She shared a smile with him. “So, have you had a good day?”

“The best. Where is everyone?”

“Back inside getting ready for our campfire Tonks and Lupin are taking us to.”

He smiled as he gazed at the stars, which were twinkling more brightly now. “I’ve never been to a campfire.”

“They’re fun. We’re having it by the pond. When I found out we were having one, I asked Lupin to run out and get some ingredients for S’mores. Course, he didn’t know what they were, so I had to explain it to him.”

Harry laughed. “Did he get everything right?”

“Yes, but only because he eventually had to ask someone,” she laughed

They were silent for a while, both enjoying the night and each other’s company. Harry found himself hoping that someday he’d have more days like this. Right now he felt like he didn’t have a care in the world. He didn’t think about Voldemort or the prophecy…he couldn’t even if he wanted to. He was still basking in the pleasure of his birthday and being around everyone he cared for.

“I have something for you,” Hermione finally said breaking the silence.

“Hmm?” Harry said turning his eyes away from the stars to look at her. “What’s that?”

Hermione blushed as she looked down at her lap and pulled out a small red pouch. “It’s nothing big, just something I thought you’d might like.”

Puzzled, Harry took the draw stringed pouch from her. “Hermione…you didn’t have to, you already gave me that broom, I…”

“That was from the group,” she said cutting him off. “This is from me.”

Harry sighed as he shook his head. “You’re too good to me, Hermione,” he mumbled as he pulled at the string of the pouch and then pulled out a silver chain necklace. At the end was a snitch that was dangling from it, but it wasn’t gold. It was silver.

“I know it’s weird that it’s silver and not gold,” Hermione rushed on as Harry dangled it from his finger. “I just thought it was something different.”

“It’s great…”

“Apparently, according to the witch,” she continued flustered. “It’s suppose to turn gold when you seek your true love or something like that.”

Harry grinned at her rambling. “Hermione…”

“You know, because you’re seeking for a snitch, just like your seeking for true love.” She waved her hand. “She said it rarely happens, but it’s probably just some story to make a sale.”

He chuckled. “Well, it must have worked for you,” he said as he placed the necklace over his head, than grabbed the snitch to get a better look at it. “It’s great, Hermione…thank you so much.”

She beamed at him. “I’m glad you like it.”

He looked at her and gave her an honest smile. “I love it.” He then reached up and cupped the back of her neck, leaned towards her and brushed his lips against her cheek. Their eyes met as he pulled back and he felt a small flutter in his stomach. “Thanks.”

Hermione blushed and looked down at her lap. “You’re welcome.”

“There you guys are!” a familiar loud voice rang out and Harry and Hermione turned to see Ron standing a few feet away holding a bag of marshmallows, with everyone else crowded around him. “Let’s get going and make some Smorts!”

Harry and Hermione both laughed and Harry shook his head. “They’re called, S’mores, Ron,” Harry said as they both got up from the swing.

“Whatever,” he said rolling his eyes. “Let’s get going!”

12. Chapter 12

Another quick little chapter. I think I have one more scene to write before the gang moves on to Hogwarts! Enjoy!

Chapter 12

Remus paused in the trail leading to the pond and looked back to where they left the kids. He could still see the flicker of light from the fire and the sound of their laughter.

“Remus, they’ll be fine,” Tonks said placing a hand on his arm. “We’re not going for, just giving them some time by themselves.”

He nodded. “Okay, but let’s stay outside so we can still hear them.”

“Let’s try out that porch swing,” she said and then led him over to the swing Harry and Hermione were sitting in an hour ago. “I’m glad we made another S’more before we left.” She took a small bite of hers as she grinned over at him.

Remus grinned and took a bite of his own. “I have to admit they are good.”

“Yeah…I think this is my third,” she mumbled with her mouth full.

Remus held his up. “My forth.”

They shared a laugh as they finished off their S’mores in silent. Tonks giggled when Remus had to reach over and wipe off a smudge of chocolate from the corner of her mouth. “I’ve always been a sloppy eater.”

“That is true,” he teased and laughed when she sucker punched him in the arm.

“It was interesting to see Harry and Hermione on this swing earlier,” she said with a grin. “Did you happen to noticed something going on between them?”

He grinned. “Sure I did. Hermione looks at Harry the way Lily looked at James. It’s just a matter of time really, Harry is still a bit clueless when it comes to girls.”

She nudged him playfully. “You’re the one he’ll come to now, you know.”

He groaned. “Yeah, don’t remind me. I’m not looking forward to our conversation about the birds and the bees.”

Tonks chuckled. “They do make a cute couple, don’t you think? They just…fit.”

“They do,” Lupin said softly. “They remind me so much of Harry’s parents, I want to tell him that all the time, but I’ll have to wait. It might freak him out if I tell it to him before he even realizes it.”

“He will…they both will.” Tonks sighed dreamily as she gazed up at the sky, while Remus continued rocking them gently on the swing. “It’s a beautiful night,” Tonks sighed.

“Hmm…almost a full moon.”

“Tonks placed a hand on his leg. “How are you feeling?”

“Tired.” He shrugged. “Nothing I’m not use to.”

Tonks looked at him sadly. “I hate it for you. You don’t deserve it.”

He shook his head. “No one does.” He wanted to share something with her, but hesitated at first. Only him and Albus knew about it, but he knew he could trust Tonks and it would be nice to have someone to talk to. “Albus…knows this wizard. He, uh…apparently went to school with him, he’s Albus’ age.” Remus glanced over at her. “He specializes in werewolves and has spend almost his entire life studying them.”

“Remus,” Tonks said when he stopped. She scooted closer to him. “What are you saying?”

“For years he’s been working on a cure,” he said softly and looked into her wide eyes. “And he’s close…very close.”

Tonks placed a hand over her mouth in shock. “Remus,” she whispered and felt her tears burning her eyes. “Oh, Remus.”

He closed his eyes when she wrapped her arms around him and buried her face against his shoulder. “I don’t want to get my hopes up,” he managed to say as his voice cracked with emotion.

“Oh you have to,” she sobbed as she leaned back to look at him and took his face in her hands. “You have to believe it will happen. It will give you so much hope through all the pain you have to endure.”

Remus smiled softly, touched that she cared so much. “If you believe it will happen,” he said wiping away one of her tears. “Than so will I.”

She smiled through her tears, than flung herself at him into a hug and Remus held her tight as she found herself sitting sideways on his lap. “You know,” he said after awhile and pushed her back gently. “Out of all your famous looks, I like this one the best.”

“Really?”

Remus took his fill of her blonde short spiky hair, her deep blue eyes and her pert little nose was lightly sprinkled with freckles. She looked adorable. Like a cute little pixie. “Definitely.”

She blushed as she looked down. “This is my natural look.”

Remus tipped up her chin so she would look at him again. “No wonder I like it so much.”

Tonks shivered and her eyes fluttered close when he brushed his thumb across her bottom lip. “Remus…”

“Shhh,” he whispered slipping his fingers around the nape of her neck and pulled her down towards him. Their mouths met softly as their lips absorbed and melted together. He was nothing but gentle, sipping at her like wine as he felt her relax against him. She smelled so good and her lips were as kissable as he always thought they’d be. Soft, full and all but begging to be kissed. “Nymphadora,” he whispered against her mouth before he kissed her deeply.

Tonks whimpered. Normally, she hated being called by her name, but the way Remus said it…turned her into a puddle of goo. “Remus,” she said, encouraging him not to stop. She felt his fingers sink into her hair as he turned the kiss more desperate. She clung to him as he devoured her mouth greedily and his hands streaked over her body possessively.

Remus didn’t know how long he kissed her, but when he finally did pull back they were both trembling and out of breathe. Their foreheads touched, their eyes met and they both knew everything was different and their relationship changed from one sudden action. He smiled and cradled her face with his hands before their lips met once more.

It was a change both of them welcomed.

13. Chapter 13

Chapter 13

“Oi! Guys!”

Harry, Ron and Hermione both paused in eating their breakfast and looked up at the sound of Ginny’s voice coming upstairs. “What’s up Gin?” Harry asked loudly so she could hear.

“Hogwarts letters are here!”

The trio looked at each other for a moment, than all at once they dropped their silverware and shot up from their seats. “But you haven’t finished your breakfast!” Mrs. Weasley called out as they tore out of the room.

Remus chuckled as he sipped on his coffee. “I think eating’s the last thing on their mind, Molly.”

“But it’s the first thing on my mind,” Tonks said as she held out her plate. “How bout another helping of some fried eggs, Molly?”

Mrs. Weasley beamed. “Coming right up, Tonks.”

Remus shook his head. “Honestly, Nymphadora I don’t know how you stay so skinny, you eat more than Ron.”

“Watch it pal,” Tonks warned as she pointed her fork at him, than gave Mrs. Weasley a smile when she set down her plate. “Thanks!” She then leaned over to Remus and spoke softly so Molly couldn’t hear. “And I thought I made it quite clear that there are certain times you are allowed to call me that. I think you know which times.”

Remus grinned. “My apologies…Tonks.

XXX

“I wonder if I made Head Boy?” Ron said as he went tearing into his letter.

Harry picked up his letter and collapsed on his bed, but wasn’t in a hurry to open it up. It kind of bummed him out knowing that this letter was his last Hogwarts letter he would ever open. “I’m sure it’s you or Draco.”

“No badge,” Ron said with a sigh, but quickly shrugged it off. “Oh well, less responsibility for me then. Draco must have gotten it.”

On cue, Draco strolled into their bedroom. “Hey guys, Ron did you get Head Boy?”

Ron blinked. “No…I thought you’d get it.”

He shook his head. “I didn’t get it.”

“Then who…”

Harry blinked when he saw Draco and Ron slowly turn to look at him. “Me? You think it’s me? But I didn’t even make prefect.”

“That doesn’t matter,” Ron said. “It’s just assumed that Head Boy would have been a prefect, but it’s not in the rules that says it has to be. Go on, open your letter.”

Now that he thought about it, his letter did seem a bit heavy. He tore the seal and peered inside the small envelope to see a metal badge gleaming inside. Stunned he pulled it out to see the letters “HB” shining brightly at him. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“I guess Dumbledore finally thinks your ready, eh?” Ron said as he walked over to him. “Let’s see it then!”

Harry never told Ron that he was Dumbledore’s second choice for Prefect. He didn’t want to crush his ego. Harry sat up from the bed and handed the badge for Ron to see. “Nothing special, really.”

“Sure it is,” Ron said as he looked at the badge. “You get to boss everyone around.”

Harry rolled his eyes. “Come off it, Ron.”

“He does have a point,” Draco said with a shrug. “But at least we’re still Prefects, Ron. I’m going to have fun taking points away from Crabbe and Goyle. Why I was ever friends with those buffoons is beyond me.”

Just then the door opened and a very pleased looking Hermione walked in with a badge in her hand. She looked and saw Ron holding the badge and Harry saw that her smile dropped only a quarter of an inch. He was probably the only one that noticed. “Ron, you made Head Boy, congratulations,” she said in a very high pitch fake voice.

“Actually, I didn’t,” Ron said and plopped it back in Harry’s hand. “It’s Harry’s.”

Harry watched her eyes turn from confusion and then filled with complete joy. “Really!” she exclaimed as she beamed at Harry. When he nodded she let out a shriek and ran to him, giving him a hug so hard he nearly toppled over on the bed. “Oh Harry, congratulations!”

Once he found his balance again he gave a little laugh and hugged her back. “Thanks Hermione. Congrats to you as well, of course we all knew you were going to get it.”

Hermione blushed as she pulled back. “Thanks.” She then smiled and practically jumped up and down with excitement. “This is going to be so great, Harry. You know we get our own dorms and everything! I’m going to get so much studying done with all that privacy and not to mention we….”

“Wait, wait,” Harry said as he held up his hands. “Back up a second. What do you mean…our own dormitory? Don’t we just have a private common room?”

Hermione shook her head. “No, that’s for the prefects. We get a whole common room to ourselves. It’s really close to Gryffindor’s common room.”

“You mean he won’t be staying in Gryffindor this year?” Ron asked. “Bummer.”

“Oh Ron, you’ll still see each other all the time, plus you can come to our room when you want.”

“Cool! Hey, we could have parties and everything!” Ron exclaimed.

“Not a bad idea, Ron,” Draco agreed. “With girls. Lots of girls.” And Ginny.

“We are NOT having a party,” Hermione said as he glared at both Draco and Ron.

“Er…Hermione,” Harry finally said as he pulled her aside. “Don’t you think…sharing a dorm will be kind of…I dunno…awkward?”

“Awkward?” she repeated and gave him a look. “Why? We have our own rooms, Harry, even our own bathroom. The only thing we share is the common room.”

“Yeah…okay, I guess that makes it better then,” Harry said with a small smile.

“Harry, it will be fine. We’re comfortable around each other, right?”

“Of course,” he said quickly. “I’m just glad you’re okay with it, I just kind of wanted to make sure, you know?”

“Of course I’m okay with it, I’m glad it’s you. I trust you more than anybody, Harry.” She then reached up and kissed him on the cheek. “Remember that.”

Harry blushed a bit and nodded. “Thanks, Hermione.”

She just smiled. “Can I borrow Hedwig so I can tell my parents?”

“Of course.” He turned towards Hedwig who was perched on top of her cage resting. “Hedwig, mind doing Hermione a favor?”

She blinked at Hermione then gave a soft hoot before flying towards her. Hermione laughed as she held out her arm for her to land. Harry smiled when Hedwig nipped her fingers affectionately and Hermione giggled in delight. Next to himself, Hedwig was most fond of Hermione. “She likes you,” Harry said.

Hermione beamed. “She’s a great owl,” she said as she stroked her. “Thanks again, Harry.” She then said a quick good bye to Ron and Draco, who were in deep discussion about Quidditch, before finally leaving the room.

“So, sharing a dorm with, Granger huh?” Draco said once she left. “That should be interesting?”

Harry gave him a look. “What do you mean?”

Draco chuckled. “Nothing,” he said shaking his head. “See you guys later, I have homework to do.”

“What do you suppose he meant by that?” Ron asked. “I mean, its just Hermione.”

“Yeah,” Harry said softly. “Just Hermione.”

However, Harry found himself agreeing with Draco. He had a feeling it would be interesting to be in such close quarters with Hermione. Who knows could happen.

XXXXX

Well, that’s it…next time it’s off to Hogwarts.

Also, guys. If you could please lay off the comments about making my chapters longer, because its not going to do any good. This is how I like to write and this is how it’s going to be. Sometimes my chapters are longer, sometimes they are going to be short, okay? It just depends on how my mind is working. Just please leave the criticism to my writing ability only. Thanks

HM

14. Chapter 14

Sorry it’s been awhile! I’ve been busy this past week, a lot of family in town. But here’s an update, which is pretty long…for me at least!

Chapter 14

The train compartment was filled with hyperactive, too much sugar consumed first year girls and the Head Boy was standing smack in the middle of it, trying to settle them down. Easier said than done. Some girls were jumping on the seats, some were giggling in a group while they snuck glances at Harry, while others were tugging at his robes, asking a million questions about Hogwarts.

Harry sighed. “No, sweetie, the armor suits don’t attack you in the dark,” he told a blonde girl with wide blue eyes.

“But my brother said…”

“He was just trying to scare you.” Harry then turned around and pulled off some girls off the seats. “Girls, off the seats please,” Harry said. “Geez, what happened to shy, quiet first years?”

Harry then noticed a small girl sitting quietly by the window reading a book as if she was in the library instead of a compartment full of loud and obnoxious girls. She had dark black pig tail braids that draped over her shoulder and already had her Hogwarts uniform on. He smiled softly as he made his way over to her and sat down. “Hey there.”

The girl looked up to reveal her hazel eyes. “Hello.”

“What are you reading?” The girl lifted her book off her lap and Harry bent to read the cover and laughed. “Hogwarts: A History. You know, my best friend loves that book.”

“Really?” she asked interested.

“You bet. She’s Head girl, have you met her yet?”

“Oh, yes. Hermione right? She helped me with my trunk when we were boarding the train.”

“That’s the one,” he grinned. “You remind me very much of her. What’s your name?”

“Emma…and you’re Harry Potter.”

“Last time I checked. Are you excited about seeing Hogwarts?"

“Oh yes,” she said as she nodded her head. “I didn’t even know I was a witch until a month ago.”

“Oh, so you’re a Muggleborn,” Harry said as he turned more towards her to block out all the commotion from the other girls.

“No, I’m a full blood, but grew up in an orphanage. My parents both died when I was young. I didn’t realize I was a witch until a huge man came and visited me. I was scared at first, but he actually was very nice.”

“That’s Hagrid, he came and told me I was a wizard, too. I’m sorry to hear about your parents; I know what that’s like. Were you happy at the orphanage?”

She looked at him with sad eyes. “No, I never could seem to fit in with the other kids. They thought I was different and I never realized why until now.”

Harry’s heart went out to the girl. “You know, I didn’t have a great childhood either, I didn’t have any friends. My cousin constantly bullied me and my aunt and uncle never loved me or treated me well. However, finding out I was a wizard was all worth it. I came here and met my two best friends Ron and Hermione and knew I was finally where I belonged.”

“I don’t have any friends yet,” she said miserably as she cast a glance at the girls.

“Don’t you worry, Emma, you’ll make friends in no time. You know, Ron and I didn’t befriend Hermione at first, which was a big mistake on our part.”

“What made you become friends?” she asked curiously.

He grinned. “Saving her from a huge troll in the girls’ bathroom.”

Her eyes widened. “A troll?”

“What about a troll?” a girl said nearby.

“You saved a girl from a troll?” another girl asked. “Oh, please tell us!”

“Yeah, tell us!”

Harry blinked and looked around to see that every girl was looking at him…quietly. If this is what it took to keep them quiet, then so be it. “Well, I guess for you to really understand the story,” Harry began as the girls got situated around him. “I have to start with earlier that day.

“It was Halloween and we were in our Charms class where Professor Flitwick was teaching us how to make objects fly.” There were some ooohs and ahhhs from his audience. “He gave us feathers to use and put us in pairs. I paired with Seamus, who on occasion managed to set our feather on fire.” The girls giggled and Harry smiled. “My best friend Ron was partnered with Hermione, who was the smartest witch in our class. Ron of course wasn’t paying attention and was flaring his wand around like a mad man.

“Hermione of course, had to correct him and I still remember exactly how she sounded… ‘Your saying it wrong! It’s Wing-­gar-dium Levi-o-sa, make the gar nice and long.’ Ron then boasted, ‘You do it if you’re so clever then!’ Hermione never turns down a challenge so she tilted her chin up, picked up her wand and did the correct wand movement and pronounced the magic words properly. That feather went right up to the ceiling and Hermione gave a smug look at Ron.”

“Brilliant!”

“She sure showed him!”

“What happened next, Harry?” Emma asked hurriedly.

“Well, Ron was angry at Hermione. His ego was deflated; so he put her down to make him feel better. He was making fun of her to the guys and me, when I felt something bump into my shoulder. It was Hermione and she was crying.”

A gasp emerged from a red headed girl. “She heard him?”

“She did,” Harry said softly.

“Awww.”

“Poor Hermione!”

“That stupid git!” one girl cursed Ron causing Harry to laugh.

“Well, Hermione hid herself in the bathroom all afternoon and she wasn’t even at the Halloween feast. I was very worried about her.”

“Awww.”

“Then all of the sudden a professor came bursting into the Great Hall, screaming there was a troll in the dungeon!”

“How scary!”

“So Professor Dumbledore ordered us to head strait to our dormitories immediately, but on the way I realized something.”

“Hermione! She doesn’t know!” Emma gasped.

“That’s exactly what I said to Ron,” he said pointing to Emma. “So Ron and I ran as fast as we could to the bathroom to warn Hermione, but unfortunately we ran into the troll on the way. We saw him go inside a room so we quickly shut the door and locked it in.”

“Whew!” one of the girls said.

“Yes, that’s what I thought. We saved the day. That is…until we heard Hermione scream inside from the room we had just locked.

Every girl gasped. “You locked the troll inside with Hermione?!” Emma shrieked.

“Oh no,” another girl groaned slapping her hands over her face.

“I fumbled at the locks as quickly as I could and the two of us busted into the room. Hermione was pressed up against the wall, horrified and completely frozen in fear. We tried to confuse it so Hermione could run, but she was too scared to move.”

“What did you do?”

“I did the first thing that came to my mind, I jumped up on his back and held on tightly to his neck. He was too strong to realize I was on his back, but he sure felt it when I stuck my wand up its nose.”

“Ewww!”

“I held onto the troll while it howled in pain, twisting and swinging his club. Any second he would get a hold of me a crush me with his club!”

“Oh no,” a girl whispered.

“Then, I hear Ron’s loud voice yelling out the words, ‘Wingardium Leviosa!’ The club flew right out of the troll’s hand and hovered about his head, before it fell right on his head, knocking him out flat on his face.”

“Cool!”

“Bloody brilliant!”

“So you see, if Hermione didn’t teach Ron the spell, who knows what wouldn’t happen.”

“So you saved her!” a girl exclaimed.

“Yep, Ron and me both. However, as soon as the teachers came rushing in to see what we did, I was sure we were in for it. Professor McGonagall was furious with us. Then, Hermione did something very good of her and took the blame for the troll, helping us out of a jam.” He shook his head. “Ron and I couldn’t believe it, Hermione hated breaking the rules, but she did just for us. After that, we’ve been inseparable ever since.”

“Are you telling a tall tale?”

Harry, along with every single girl in the room, looked over to see Hermione standing at the door. “Hermione, Harry told us about the troll!” a girl said.

“Really?” Hermione asked looking over at Harry.

“You bet. I told them that’s how we became friends.”

“Were you scared?” another girl asked.

“I was very scared, but glad it happened.”

“Why?” a few asked.

“Because, if Ron hadn’t insulted me, then I wouldn’t have cried in the bathroom and Harry and Ron wouldn’t have come to my rescue and we wouldn’t have become friends.”

“Awww..”

“That’s so sweet!”

Harry finally got up and made his way over towards Hermione. “All right girls, now that you’ve calmed down, Hermione and I are gonna head out.”

“Thanks for telling the story,” Emma said.

Harry grinned at her. “Anytime, Emma.”

XXX

“You should have seen yourself,” Hermione said as they walked into their private compartment. “There you were sitting around a bunch of first year girls, while they hung on your every word.”

“I have to admit,” Harry said as he plopped next to the window. “It was kind of fun. They did wear me out though.”

Hermione sat down next to him. “I’m pretty pooped myself.”

“Is it always going to be like this?” Harry groaned as he leaned his head back.

“No, everyone is just excited,” Hermione said as she propped her feet on the empty seat across from them. “My feet are killing me.” She kicked off her shoes and wiggled her stocking covered toes. “What chance do I have in convincing you to rub my feet?”

Harry gave her a bored look. “Very, very slim,” he told her as he took of his shoes as well and rested them next to Hermione.

She giggled and Harry scowled at her. “No giggling.”

“Sorry, but your big toe is sticking out,” she laughed. “Really, Harry, I think you can afford better socks.”

Harry wiggled his exposed toe. “I have a problem throwing things away.”

Hermione snuggled closer to him. “Now I know what to give you for Christmas.”

“I get enough socks from Dobby, thanks,” Harry said smiling at her.

Just then the door to their compartment slid in and they both saw Emma backing herself inside, then closing the door behind her. “What’s up Emma?”

The girl gasped and spun around to see Harry and Hermione smiling at her. “Oh..I’m so sorry, I didn’t know you’d be in here.”

“It’s all right,” Hermione said with a smile. “Is everything all right?”

“Yes, I was just…wanting to find a quieter place to read, that’s all.”

Harry winced. “The girls still rowdy?”

“Yes,” she exasperated. “I’ve never seen girls giggle so much.”

Harry grinned. He definitely liked this girl. “Well listen, we actually want it quiet in here, so this is the perfect place to read.”

“Really?” she said warily. “I won’t bug you guys?”

“Not at all,” Hermione beamed. “Go on have a seat.”

Emma grinned and sat down on the seat across from them but closer to the door. “Thanks!”

“No problem,” Harry said and shared a smile with Hermione, before turning his attention out the window. Dark clouds swirled the skies and knew rain wasn’t far off. Sure enough, he saw the first drop of rain hit the window then the second, third, until finally dozens of drops splattered against the glass.

Harry turned when he felt something hit his shoulder and smiled when he realized it was Hermione. She had fallen asleep and her head had found his shoulder. A curtain of her hair spilled across her face, so he gently swept it away, tucking it behind her ear. She moaned in her sleep and snuggled closer to Harry and he felt an unusual tightening in his heart. Confused, he rubbed his chest as he continued to watch her sleep. She looked so innocent and fragile, he had the biggest urge to cradle her in his arms and hold her.

Well, why shouldn’t he? She was his best friend after all, he would just be doing something nice that would feel nice in return. He took a quick glance at Emma and saw that she was engrossed in her book, then finally lifted his arm up and around her. She sighed in content when Harry pulled her close to him and he couldn’t help but notice how comforting it was to hold her.

“Mmm…Harry,” she whispered as she buried her face against the crook of his shoulder.

Not caring that someone else was in the room, Harry closed his eyes as he nuzzled his cheek against the top of her head, feeling sleep slowly take over him. He hadn’t felt this relaxed in the longest time and he knew it was being with Hermione that helped.

With a grin, Emma looked over at the Head Boy and Head Girl, who were both fast asleep in each other’s arms. She admired the view and couldn’t help but wish for the same friendship they had shared. Maybe, there is a guy out there who could care for me that way.

Then something flashed a light of gold in the corner of her eyes and she shifted her eyes over to Harry’s silver necklace. Funny, she thought as she looked at the necklace. She could have sworn it flickered to gold.

15. Authors Note..READ!

AAAARRRGGG!!! GUYS!! I did NOT name the girl after Emma Watson, people are pointing it out and telling me to be more creative and blah, blah, blah…I finally had to write a quick note. I named her Emma because I like the name, I didn’t even think about Emma Watson. I was actually thinking of Ross and Rachel’s baby on Friends more than Emma Watson. I just think it’s a pretty name. SO don’t worry, I’m not going to name a boy she befriends, Daniel, okay? Everyone clear??? Good.

Look for another update soon.

~HM

16. Chapter 15

Chapter 15

“See you around ladies,” Ron said to the compartment full of fifth year girls.

“Bye Ron,” they serenaded as they giggled and waved at him.

Ron grinned as he closed the door, but jumped when he turned and saw Luna standing there with her hands on her hips. “Er…hey Luna.”

“Ronald, you cannot give away points to girls just based on their looks,” she complained in a huffed annoyed voice.

“Sure I can,” he said cheekily as he made his way down the narrow hallway of the train.

“Oh please,” she exasperated. “They were just using you to get points.”

“So,” Ron said with a shrug. “I was still enjoying myself. What were you doing? Eavesdropping outside the door?”

Luna stopped and turned to him. “It was quite difficult not to hear the giggling going on in there. Besides, I think your flirting is quite lame.”

Ron’s jaw dropped when Luna turned on her heel and walked off. “Excuse me?” he said as he caught up with her. “My flirting is not lame.”

“Ha!” she laughed as she kept walking. “Any girl who falls for you flirting is foolish.”

His brow lifted. “Is that so?”

“That is so,” she said firmly and lifted her chin and kept walking towards the back of the train.

His flirting is lame, huh? “Yeah, well…we’ll see about that,” he mumbled under his breath and went after her.

Luna felt someone grab her arm and pull her around. She yelped when she fell against someone’s hard chest and tilted her head up to see Ron’s face looming above hers. “Ron, what…”

“Has anyone ever told you,” he murmured as he backed her against the wall. “That your eyes are as blue as the sky?”

Luna’s jaw dropped along with her stomach. “Um…I, uh….” She swallowed her jumbled words and finally just shook her head. “No.”

The corner of Ron’s mouth shifted as he looked into her wide blue eyes and noticed that they were the color of the sky. He was just saying a line to prove a point, but in reality it was the truth. “I also like your freckles across your nose,” he said as he brushed his finger across them. “They’re rather cute.”

She swallowed again. “Y-yeah…I guess.”

“Your skin’s soft too.” He cradled the side of her face and was surprised when she closed her eyes. “Very soft,” he mumbled as he watched her.

She opened her eyes. “I use a…special cream,” she managed to say as her heart flew up to her throat.

He smiled. She really was rather cute when she was nervous. “Luna?” he said in a low tone as he moved his head closer to her.

Her wide eyes stared. “Yes?”

He grinned. “Still think my flirting is lame?”

Ron watched her eyes turn from dreamy, to confused to absolute fury. “Ronald!” she yelled and angrily shoved him away. “That wasn’t funny!”

Ron chuckled. “Sure it was. I just proved you wrong, something I can’t do very often.”

She scowled at him. “The only thing you proved is what a complete git you are, Ronald Weasley!”

Ron continued to grin as he watched her walk off. She sure was something, he thought as he followed her to be back. What exactly he didn’t know. He caught up with Luna just as she was fiddling with the slide door of Harry and Hermione’s private compartment.

Once she got it open she walked in and he followed but ran into her when she stopped suddenly. He stumbled a bit and grabbed her hips for balance, then looked over her shoulder to see a young girl looking up at him. “Hey,” he said with a smile. “Emma right?”

“That’s right,” she said as she closed her book. “Your Ron. Harry and Hermione’s friend.”

He grinned. “That I am.”

“What are you doing here, sweetie?” Luna finally asked as she silently wished Ron would remove his hands. She was still a bit shaking up from his so called flirting.

“I wanted a place to read and they let me stay here. They fell asleep though.” She stood up from her seat. “I’m going to head back to my compartment.”

After Emma left, Ron and Luna both looked over at the end of the compartment to see Harry and Hermione asleep in each other’s arms. “Oh, that’s so sweet,” Luna said dreamily.

Ron didn’t know what exactly to think about the scene before him. Once he used to like Hermione, however, she didn’t return his feelings. It took him awhile to get over it; in fact a little part of him was still getting over it. That’s why he flirted with girls; it took his mind off his feelings for Hermione. He knew a relationship with her would never work, but it didn’t mean it hurt any less.

“Oh where’s Collin when you need him,” Luna said with a giggle as she turned towards Ron.

“Huh?” Ron said distracted and tore his eyes from his friends to Luna.

“Collin,” she repeated. “With his camera.”

“Oh,” he said and took his hands away from her hips and shoved them in his pockets. “Right.”

Luna’s smile fell from her face. “Are you all right?”

“Yeah, I’m fine,” he said with a shrug. “Listen, why don’t you wake those two up. We’re almost there. I’m going to find the rest of the prefects.”

She continued to look worried but nodded her head. “All right.”

Ron gave her a small smile. “And I’m sorry about earlier. I guess I was being kind of a jerk.”

She laughed softly. “Yes, you were. That’s okay though.”

He smiled. “Well, if it helps…even though I was trying to prove a point…” He bent his head towards hers until his lips hovered next to her ear. “I meant every word.”

He then winked at her and left a very stunned Luna standing in the middle of the compartment. “Oh, it helps Ronald Weasley,” she said to herself with a smile on herself. “It helps a lot.”

AN: I know it’s a short one, but I don’t know exactly what route to take next, so I’ll have to do some more thinking. Hopefully I’ll update this week sometime!

17. Chapter 16

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 16

Harry had been at Hogwarts for two weeks now, but it felt like two months. He was constantly always doing something, whether it was doing homework, rushing to class, having a Prefects meeting or working on the upcoming Quidditch tryouts. Now, however, he was trudging back to the common room he shared with Hermione after a long, tiring lesson with Professor Snape.

He had to admit, he had better lessons and struggled a bit in the beginning. Snape was able to easily peak into his mind and Harry couldn’t seem to fight back. That is until the scene with him and Hermione on his birthday, sitting on the beach as she gave him his necklace. He had seen himself leaning toward her about to give her a kiss on the cheek, when he fought back with everything he got. Snape ended up getting slammed against the wall and crumbling to the floor.

“Looks like I struck a nerve,” he had said as he winced in pain. “Touching little moment, Potter.”

“A moment I’d rather you not see,” Harry said as he held out his hand.

“So I’ve noticed,” the professor grunted as he took Harry’s hand and pulled up on his feet. “Now that you’re finally trying…let’s start again.”

The relationship between the two of them had changed dramatically. After a long talk with Dumbledore, he made them both realize that besides their differences they were on the same side and if they were going to win the war, they had to learn to work together. As much as they both hated to admit it, they knew he was right. It took them awhile, but eventually they managed a comfortable and respectable relationship. He still pushed him hard in class, but more fairly and Harry could tell he wanted him to succeed. Now that he didn’t breath down his back anymore, Harry found himself becoming pretty decent in potions.

Finally reaching his designation he walked through the portrait into the common room he shared with Hermione. She was on the couch, right where he knew she’d be just like always. Just because Ron was no longer sharing the common room with them, didn’t change anything. She was still waiting for him after a lesson. “Hi,” he said as he plopped on the couch next to her and collapsed his head heavily into her lap with a tired groan.

Hermione smiled and quickly had to move her book away to leave room for Harry’s head. “Tough lesson?” she asked as she set it aside.

“Yes,” he sighed as he lifted his legs on the couch to get more comfortable.

“You look exhausted,” she said as she combed her fingers through his messy hair.

“Probably because I am,” he said and closed his eyes at the feel of her fingers lightly playing with his hair. It was something she had started doing since sixth year, when he had come to see a crowded common room after a tiring Quidditch practice.

After a quick shower and a change of close he had grabbed one of his Quidditch books and squatted down on the floor in front of Hermione who was sitting on the couch. She had shifted her legs to give him more room to lean back against the couch. He gave her a small smile of appreciation and scooted back comfortably. He got as far as opening his book and finding his place when he first felt Hermione’s fingers lightly run between his still freshly damp strands of hair. He turned around and she smiled softly and paused her fingers waiting for his approval to continue. He than gave her an encouraging smile before turning back to his book. She had hesitated at first, but eventually her fingers found themselves tangled in his hair once more. He enjoyed it and found himself coming addicted to Hermione’s soft touch.

“You probably don’t want to hear that Dumbledore flooed me while you were away and wants to see you.”

Harry groaned. “Yes, you’re right. I don’t want to hear that.”

She laughed. “Sorry, Harry.”

“Well, don’t you look comfortable, Harry.”

Hermione gasped and Harry darted forward when he saw Dumbldore’s amusing face in the fire. “Professor,” he stuttered. ‘I was just…er…resting.”

“So I see,” he said with a grin.

“Um…I’m on my way.”

“No need, Harry,” he said. “It was wrong of me to ask you to come over after a lesson with Professor Snape. I know they can be tiring.”

“Are you sure, Professor?” Harry asked. ‘I really don’t mind.”

“It can wait till morning. Since it’s Saturday I don’t want to take the pleasure of sleeping in away from you. Just come by after you had breakfast. Password is Pixi Stix.”

Harry nodded. “Yes sir. I’ll be there.”

“Goodnight,” he said and Harry could have sworn he winked at him before his head disappeared.

“Well, that was embarrassing,” Hermione mumbled.

Harry ran his fingers through his hair. “Er. Yeah. So, what do you think he wants to talk about?”

“With Dumbledore you never know. “I wouldn’t worry about it. If it was about Voldemort he probably wouldn’t have waited.”

“Yeah, you’re probably right.” He stood up and stretched. “I’m going to bed, are you staying are going?”

“Definitely going, I’m just as tired.”

He chuckled as he threw a friendly arm around her neck and she smiled as she snaked an arm around his waist. They supported each other as they trudged tiredly up the stairs. At the top, where they separated to go to their respected dorms, Harry pulled her up against his side and kissed the top of her head. “Night, Hermione.”

Hermione had both arms around his middle now and squeezed him softly as he buried her face against his chest. “Night, Harry,” she murmured.”

They pulled apart, smiled at each other and slowly walked to their rooms. Both leaned against their bedroom door when they were safely inside, as a feeling ran through them neither ever felt before. It took Harry, as well as Hermione, a long time before finally falling asleep.

XXX

Despite what Dumbledore said, Harry was unable to sleep in due to the fact that he was curious on finding out what he wanted to discuss. He got out of bed before the sun rose, took a quick shower, threw on some close and headed down for breakfast. The Great Hall was practically empty and he quickly scarf down some chocolate chip pancakes and bacon, before making his way to Dumbledore’s office

“Pixi Stix.” Harry watched the Gargoyle hop aside and then entered the circling staircase. Harry walked into his office to find him leaning back in his chair, pouring pink sugar into his mouth. Harry had to bite his lip from laughing. The greatest wizard in their world was downing a Pixi Stix for breakfast. “Um…Professor?”

“Mmm?” Dumbledore tilted his head forward sucking down the last of his flavored sugar. “Oh. Harry. I didn’t expect you so soon. I was just enjoying some Pixi Stix, would you care for one? I have all flavors.”

“Thanks sir, but I just had a big breakfast.”

“Ah…well, more for me then.” He shook the last bit of sugar into his mouth then tossed the empty paper tube aside. “Please, have a seat, Harry.”

“Thanks,” he said sitting down across from him. “I was anxious to hear what this was about.”

“I figured as much,” he said leaning back in his chair. “It has to do with Sirius.”

Harry’s heart plummeted in his stomach. “Sirius?” he managed to say.

“Somewhat. Harry, did Sirius ever tell you about Anna?”

Harry shook his head. “No sir. Who was she?”

“Well, she was a lot of things actually. She was your father’s little sister. Your aunt.”

His aunt? He knew he had aunts and uncles but never heard much about them. He didn’t even know his father had a little sister.

“Anna was a first year at Hogwarts when you parents and Sirius were in seventh year,” the older wizard continued. “James was very protective of her, as well as Sirius. The years grew and so did your aunt…into a beautiful young woman to be honest with you. Sirius had tried to ignore just how beautiful she had become, but in the end failed and fell head over heels in love with her. He proposed to her tow months before your parents were killed.”

Harry couldn’t utter a word. So much emotion was running through him, he couldn’t form any words. He didn’t know why he was telling him this, but he knew there had to be some reason. He was almost afraid to hear it.

“As you know Sirius was framed and everyone thought he was a traitor and a murderer. Everyone, except for your Aunt Anna. She was the only one who knew…who believed in your godfather’s innocence. She shut herself off to the world and worked hard for some solid evidence to help Sirius. As much as she wanted to have you Harry, she knew she would be useless. All she wanted was Sirius and his freedom.

“Seven years of researching and she ended up empty handed, so she grew desperate and planned an escape. She knew that Dementors couldn’t sense animals as well as humans, so she learned to be an illegal Animangus.(AN:I’m sure I spelled this wrong, but it’s late and too tired to look through the books to correct the spelling) She was a dove.”

“She flew to Azkaban?” Harry asked saying something for the first time.

“Yes, Harry. She found him and transformed into herself only long enough for Sirius to know it was her.”

“What happened?”

“Well, they made it off the island. Sirius swam while Anna flew over his head. They went into the nearby woods and although Anna encouraged him to keep going, he was too tired from the emotional draining of the Dementors and the long swim.

“So they rested for the night in the woods, both exhausted mentally and physically. They spent the night together in the woods and unfortunately it was their only night.”

“The Dementors found him,” Harry mumbled.

“Yes. No one knew of Sirius’ first escape, the Minister kept it under wraps. Anna turned into a dove and managed to fly away, she knew being captured wouldn’t do Sirius any good. That’s when she finally came to me and told me everything. I still wasn’t convinced Sirius was innocent, which is why I still took caution during your third year.”

“Is my aunt still alive?” Harry asked hopefully.

He shook his had sadly. “I’m afraid not Harry. She died eleven years ago…giving birth.”

Harry’s eyes widened. “Giving birth?” he asked and suddenly leaned forward. “You mean…Sirius?”

“Yes, Harry. Sirius has a child. A little girl.”

Harry’s breath caught in his throat. “So I have…”

“A cousin and yes…she is very much alive.”

Harry let out a shaky sigh as he buried his face in his hands. He had a cousin. He had family. Sirius’ daughter. He felt the love for her already growing inside him and he never even met her.

“Did Sirius know about her?” Harry asked as he looked up.

“Yes, I told him the summer before your fourth year. He went to visit her at the orphanage as Snuffles.”

“Orphanage?” Harry repeated. “She grew up in an orphanage?”

“Yes, Harry.”

“Why didn’t he tell me about her?”

“For her safety. If Voldemort found out about her, knew you had a cousin she’d be good as dead.”

“So why now?” he asked as he got up and started to pace. “Why tell me now?”

“You’re an adult wizard now, Harry. I know Sirius wouldn’t want anyone rather than you to take care of his daughter.”

Harry stood there and stared at him as he took everything in.

“That is…if you want to.”

“I want to,” he said without any hesitation. “I want to get her out of that orphanage right away, Professor.”

Dumbledore smiled. “Harry, she’s not at the orphanage any longer.”

“Where is she?”

“Why…here of course at Hogwarts,” he said with a twinkle in his eye. “She’s a Gryfindor of course and from what I hear, you’ve bet quite a few times.”

Harry blinked at the Professor, not understanding quite whom he was talking about. Then it suddenly hit him and thought of the sweet shy little girl who had just found out she was a witch, fresh out of the orphanage. “Emma,” he whispered as he sank in the chair. “Emma’s my cousin…Sirius’ daughter.”

“Emma’s on her way up. I thought it best that you tell her.”

Just then a soft knock interrupted them and Harry turned to see a timid looking Emma standing at the doorway. “You wanted to see me, sir?”

A/N: If there were any typos in there, which I’m sure there was. I’m sorry, I was just way too tired to go over the update again. It was longer than usual and I’m beat. Normally I take the time to check, but I can’t even keep my eyes open.

Anyway, thanks for being patient. What can I say? All I’ve wanted to do was sit around and watch the Olympics. I was so not in the mood to write. However, today I seemed to have opened a gate my words started flooding out of me. Hope you enjoyed the update!

18. Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Hermione tried to concentrate on the words her eyes traveled over, but it was difficult for her to concentrate. Her mind was on Harry and there wasn’t any room left for anything else. She was nervous on what Dumbledore wanted to speak to Harry about, so she planned on waiting for him in the common room for as long as it took.

He had gotten up early. She heard him when she lied awake in bed. The sun had barely peaked through her window when she heard Harry emerge from his bedroom. It didn’t surprise her how early it was; she knew Harry would be anxious. And now so was she.

She sighed as she slammed her Ancient Ruins book and tossed it aside, knowing it was pointless to continue reading. Instead, she decided to bode her time in pacing, so she got up and frantically walked back in forth in front of the fire. Surely, he’d be back soon. “Come on Harry, hurry…ahhh!”

Hermione saw the body coming at her from the fire and then felt it slam hard against her, toppling them both to the ground. The man grunted when he lay flat on top of her and Hermione’s eyes widened when she realized who it was. “Harry!”

“Seven years of traveling by Floo Powder and yet I still can’t get that landing,” Harry winced as he slowly propped himself on his elbows. “You okay?”

“Oh sure, just besides the fact that you’re lying on top of me, which makes it difficult for me to breathe.” Merlin, his body was hard. Like solid rock.

“Sorry,” Harry grinned sheepishly as he finally got up, then helped her up on her feet. “Didn’t mean to tackle you.”

Before she could reply and hi pitched yelp emerged and Hermione saw Harry turn fast to the fire and catch a small petite body from falling to the floor. “You okay?” Harry said to Emma as he helped her steady.

“Yeah,” she said shakily. “That was…interesting.”

Harry laughed. “Don’t worry, I’ve been doing it for seven years and I’m still not use to it.”

“Harry, what’s going on?” Hermione asked warily as she looked at Emma.

Harry nodded one moment to Hermione than turned to Emma. “Emma, have a seat on the couch I’m going to have a word with Hermione.”

“Harry, what’s this about?” Emma asked nervously. “I’m a little scared.”

Hermione watched Harry give her an encouraging smile and she almost gasped at the way Harry was looking at her. It was an endearing look. A look of adoration. “It’s okay, Emma. I promise.” He then turned to Hermione and took her hand and led her up the stairs until they were safely in Hermione’s room. “I don’t want to keep her waiting, so I’m going to give you the extra short version.”

“Harry, what is it?” Hermione asked.

Harry smiled and placed his hands on her arms. “Emma’s my cousin.”

Hermione heard the words and slowly processed it, but still wasn’t quite sure she believed it. “What?” she whispered.

Harry led her to the bed and they both sat down while he quickly told her exactly what Dumbledore told him. When he was done he took a deep breath and smiled brightly at her. “She’s my family, Hermione.”

Hermione felt the tears swarm in her eyes before she finally swung herself at him in a huge hug. “Oh, Harry,” she cried as she clung to him. “I can’t believe it.”

Harry took a deep breath as he tried to control his emotions. He couldn’t lose it yet, when he hadn’t even told Emma yet. “I’m going to go tell her, Hermione,” he said as he leaned back from the hug. “But we have to be careful and make sure this doesn’t get out. I want to make sure Voldemort never finds out about her.”

“You’re right, we’ll keep it quiet. As long as Voldemort never finds out, she’ll be safe.”

Harry stood up and rubbed his sweaty hands on his jeans. “I better go down there. Wish me luck.”

Hermione stood up and kissed him on the cheek. “Don’t worry, she’ll be thrilled. She seems like such a sweet girl.”

Harry grinned with pride. “She does. Gosh, Hermione I can’t explain the love I feel for her. I even felt it before I knew the identity of my cousin. It’s scary.”

“Then go tell her. I’ll wait here.”

Harry nodded and then took a deep breath before finally leaving her and making his way back down to the common room to find Emma right where he left her. “Emma?”

She turned and smiled hesitatively as he took a seat next to her. “Hi.”

“Hey. Sorry to keep you waiting, I’m sure your curious on what this is about.”

She nodded. “A little. I was so nervous when I found out the Headmaster wanted to see me. I was afraid everything was a mistake and I had to go back to the orphanage.”

Harry shook his head. “No, Emma, it wasn’t a mistake. You definitely deserve to be here.” Harry took a deep breath before continuing. “The Headmaster told me something this morning that changed my life forever and it has to do with you, Emma.”

“Me?” She shook her head. “I don’t understand.”

“I knew your father, Emma.”

She stared at him with wide eyes. “My father? No, that’s impossible.”

“Not impossible, Emma. Your father was my godfather. He went to school with my father and they were best friends.” Harry touched her shoulder gently. “He fell in love with my father’s sister. My aunt. Your mother.”

Harry could see her mind whirling, trying to figure out what he was exactly saying. “Then that would make you my…”

“Cousin,” he finished for her. “We’re cousins.”

She shook her head, as if it was too good to be true. “But I don’t understand, I thought my parents died when I was a baby.”

“It’s true your mother died when she gave you birth, but your father…he died two years ago.”

“Then why wasn’t I with him!” she cried angrily as tears started to fall.

“He couldn’t be, Emma,” he said as his heart tore at the sight of her tears. “Your father was Sirius Black.”

Her breath hitched in her throat and just as Harry thought, he knew she heard of Sirius Black and knew who he was. Sirius was in almost every historical book in the wizarding world and during Harry’s sixth year, his name was finally cleared, even though it was too late for Sirius to enjoy it. “Emma,” Harry finally said. “I didn’t get to be with Sirius long, but I loved him very much. He was a great man and you should be nothing but proud that he’s your father.”

“I am proud,” she sniffed as she wiped away her tears. “I don’t understand how it was possible though, he was in Azkaban all those years ago.”

Harry carefully repeated everything Dumbledore said to Emma word for word, making sure he didn’t leave anything out. “Emma,” he said as he gave her a soft smile. “I know this is a shock to you.”

“It is,” she said as she smiled through her tears. “But it’s a good shock. I just wish I got to meet him.”

Harry smiled brightly at Emma. “Oh, but you have.”

Emma blinked. “What?”

“Do you recall a certain goofy, black dog that came to visit you a few years ago?” he said with a grin.

Her eyes brighten. “Of course! Oh, I loved that dog! He came to visit me for two years. I would play with him on the playgrounds, he was my only friend.”

“That was your dad, Emma,” he told her softly as he gave her a smile. “Your dad was an Animagus.”

“The dog was my dad?” she repeated in barely a whisper and then sobbed uncontrollably. “So…that’s why he stopped coming. He died.”

Harry put a hand on her back, trying his best to comfort her. “I’m sorry, Emma. I know this is hard.”

She then surprised him when she suddenly flung into his arms. “Thank you, Harry,” she sobbed. “Thank you for finally giving me a family.”

He hugged her tight. “You’re my family, Emma,” he managed to say. “I know this is sudden and I don’t know if you want to but…” He pulled away so he could look at her and held her hands with his. “Sirius would want me to take care of you and…that is if you want to…I’d like you to come live with me. I want to give you a home.”

Emma smiled brightly and wrapped her tiny arms around him. “I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else, Harry, than with you.”

For Harry, it was a bittersweet moment. He was happy that he found her, that he had someone to care for and someone he could call family. But the other side, he couldn’t promise Emma he’d always be there for her. The prophecy rang through his head and he knew that he might not be around by the end of the year, but he would make sure that Emma would be safe and loved.

19. Authors Note

Hey guys and gals! Just thought I’d give you a quick heads up. I haven’t updated in awhile, I know…but I’ve been out of town and busy. Plus, tonight and ThursdayI’m house-sitting and then going up to Fayetville Arkansas for the Texas/Ark game this weekend. So I wanted to tell you guys this so you won’t be sitting around hoping for an update. It probably won’t happen until next week. Sorry! Try and be patient!

20. Chapter 18

Okay, FINALLY. Sorry it took so long, it’s been so busy around here. Plus, it took me awhile to get something going. I was in a rut big time. This next chapter is a Ron/Luna. I couldn’t neglect them anymore and I needed to start their relationship moving in that direction. SO I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 18

Ron grinned down at the blonde Hufflepuff witch, who was now giggling flirtatiously with him in the hallway. He remembered when Brynn was a first year, he was in his third year and she was just a little kid. Now she definitely was not a little kid anymore. She grew in all the right places very maturely and Ron was definitely thankful for that.

“So Ron,” she whispered as she moved in closer to him. “I have the next period off.”

“Really?” he asked with a grin. “What a coincidence, so do I.”

“Is that so? Well, I might be heading up to the Astronomy Tower in say…five minutes.” She licked her lips as she pressed up against him. “Maybe I’ll see you up there?”

Ron swallowed hard. “That might be a definite possibility.”

“Good. See you in a bit.” She gave him a wink and a little wave before she strutted off, swinging her hips seductively, fully knowing that he was watching her walk off.

“Wow,” Ron said to himself as he started to loosen his tie and slowly start to follow her. What a good way to spend his off period, snogging with a hot Hufflepuff for an hour. Couldn’t really get better than that. He’d been flirting with the girls all year, just to keep his mind off certain things, but he never thought he’d actually have one of the girls come on to him so strong. It was a bit of a turn on.

He was just about to head up to the stairs leading to the Astronomy tower when he heard someone scream just around the corner. Alarmed, he turned back around and ran toward the sound of the scream, tearing around the corner as fast as he could. He stopped short when he saw Crabbe and Goyle, pinning a girl up against the wall. Goyle had his hand against the girl’s mouth and Crabbe’s whole body was pressed up against her. His eyes widened when he first realized who it was. “Son of a bitch,” he whispered and then ran towards, wand raised.

“Stupefy!” he yelled and watched the jet of red light hit directly against Goyles back, knocking him forcefully against the wall, than falling unconsciously on the floor. Luna screamed and Crabbe flung around in fright. “Get the hell away from her or your next!” Ron yelled as he pointed the wand at Crabbe.

He slowly lifted his hands up and stepped back as he gave Ron a smirk. “Did I strike a nerve, Weasley?”

“You better bloody hell believe it,” he said forcefully as he tried not to look at Luna who was sobbing against the wall. He was so mad he could very well kill this pathetic excuse for a wizard. “Get your dumb ass sidekick and get out of my face now.” Ron watched him as he went over to Goyle and levitate him down the corridor. Ron didn’t keep his wand off of him until he rounded the corner, before he finally ran over to Luna who was now sitting on the floor. “Luna?” he said urgently as he knelt beside her. “Are you all right? Did they hurt you?”

She shook her head as she continued to sob. “I…I’m fine.”

“You’re not fine, Luna, you’re a mess…oh gods. Your blouse is ripped!” Ron watched as Luna pulled her tattered blouse together. “They touched you?!”

“They tried, but failed when you showed up.”

He was going to kill them. He didn’t care if he’d get a lifetime in Azkaban, he was still going to destroy them for putting their greedy, dirty hands on Luna. He took a deep breath as he tried to control his anger, it wasn’t what Luna needed right now. “I’m taking you to the hospital wing.”

She shook her head. “No Ron,” she said weakly. “I’m fine.”

“You have bruises on your arm, Luna,” he said softly as he touched her arm.

“All I want is to take a shower, Ron,” Luna said as she sniffed away leftover tears. “I feel dirty….they were going to…if you hadn’t showed up…”

She couldn’t finish her sentence and started to cry again as she leaned into Ron. He took her in his arms and held her securely against him. “It’s okay,” he said as he brushed back her hair and kissed her forehead. “I’ll take you to the prefects bathroom, all right?”

She nodded her head. “Thank you.”

“C’mon,” he said as he slowly helped her up on her feet. When he realized she was still a little shaky, he lifted her up in his arms and cradled her like a baby.

“Ron, I can walk you know.”

“Don’t argue with me, Luna,” he said as he carried her up the stairs. “You’re still shaking like a leaf.”

She didn’t respond back so he figured she was fighting a loosing battle and remained quiet until they finally got to the bathroom. “You take your time, I’ll wait till your done.”

She nodded and made her way to one of the baths and then pulled the curtain around her to give her privacy. Ron let out a shaky sigh as he sat in one of the love seats in the powder room. What if he had never found her? If Brynn hadn’t suggested going up to the Astronomy tower, he never would have been that way and Luna would have been alone. He was just thankful that he was there.

A moment later, Ron heard the curtain pull back and stood up to wait for her to appear around the corner. When he saw her emerge only in the thin cotton robe the Prefects Bathroom provided he had to bite his lip to keep from groaning.

She fiddled with the lapels of her robe and gave him a hesitant smile. “I didn’t want to put my clothes back on.”

Ron cleared his throat as he tried not to admire her long shapely legs. “Understandable,” he managed to say. “What did you do with them?”

“I burned them.”

He chuckled softly. “Also understandable.” He then shoved his hands in his pockets. “Er…want me to take you to the Ravenclaw tower?”

“I’d rather not be seen like this,” she said as she ran her fingers through her damp hair.

“Er…right. Oh! I just remembered.” Ron then rummaged through his bag and pulled out Harry’s invisibility cloak. “I forgot I still had this. He let me borrow it when I wanted to sneak into Filch’s officie.”

“Why?”

“Er. Just testing a new Weasley product for the twins.”

“Do I want to know?” she asked with a smirk.

“Probably not.” Ron opened the cloak for her and Luna gladly stepped inside, pressed closely against him. “We have to hunch down a bit,” he whispered in her ear. “We’re not eleven anymore.”

She did as he said and Ron tried not to moan when she wrapped her arms around his waist, pressing her chest against his side. He really had to try and forget she was starch naked under that thin robe. The trip back to the Ravenclaw tower seemed to take forever to Ron. She was way too close and the scents she used in her bath filled the inside of the cloak and he was practically drugged from it.

Once they finally made it to the Ravenclaw tower, Ron was planning on saying goodbye to her there, however she asked him to take her inside. “I don’t want anyone to see me like this.”

He nodded. “Sure, I’ll walk you to your dorm.”

She smiled in appreciation and then turned to whisper the password before they both sneaked inside. Luckily, the common room wasn’t too crowded, just a few younger students studying by the fire. At the steps, Ron hesitated and turned to Luna. “Um…your stairs wouldn’t happen to be like the stairs in the Gryffindor girls dorm, would they?”

She grinned. “They would, but there’s a little trick few guys know about.” She then held out her hand. “Take it.”

Ron looked at her uneasily and then at her hand, before finally linking his fingers with hers. “What does this have to do with anything?”

“Come on, Ron…you don’t expect our female ancestors forbid us to have a little fun.” She then started up the stairs and to Ron’s surprise the stairs didn’t form into a giant slide. “A boy can’t come up to our dormitory unwelcome…however, if the girl is willing, all she has to do is hold his hand.”

His brows lifted. “That’s all? Hermione never told us that.”

She laughed softly as they made their way into the seventh year girl’s dormitory, which was now empty. “Probably for good reason.” She stopped at the bed by the window. “This is mine.”

“You going to lie down for a bit?” Ron asked as he took the cloak off of them.

“I’m going to try,” she said as she crawled on top of her bed.

Ron took the quilt that was folded nicely at the end of the bed and pulled it up for her. “You should probably do a drying spell on your hair, you don’t want to catch a cold.”

“Good idea,” she said and pointed the wand to her hair and within seconds it was nice and dry.

“Er…well, I guess I better get going,” Ron said as he took a step back. “Is there anything else you need? Are you sure you don’t want to go to the hospital?”

“I’m sure,” she said as she smiled up at him. “Thanks Ron. You’re my hero.”

Ron blushed. “Oh, it was nothing, I…” His words were cut off when they both heard a pair of voices venturing nearer. He giggles and his eyes widened when he realized someone was coming. Before he could even work on the cloak, Luna grabbed him by the shirt and yanked him onto the bed, before closing the curtains around them both. “Luna, what…”

“Shh!” she whispered as the intruders walked into the room. “We’ll wait till they leave, okay?”

He rolled his eyes as he collapsed his head on Luna’s pillow. This was just great. “Luna,” he whispered. “I can just…”

Luna didn’t let him finish and slapped her hand over his mouth. “Luna?” a girl said from outside the curtain. “You in there?”

Luna gave him a hard look before removing her hand and peaking her head out of the curtain. “Yeah, I’m here Nessa,” she told her roommate. “I just don’t feel very well.”

“I’m sorry to hear that. Well, we’ll try and keep it down.”

“Keep it down? Aren’t you leaving for class?”

“No, we’re off this next period,” Bridget, the other girl said. “We’ve been dying to look at this week’s edition to Witch Weekly. They’re doing a special on the Hottest Twenty Wizards under Twenty.”

Nessa giggled as she held up the cover. “Harry Potter is on the cover. He’s number one of course.”

Luna had to fight the urge not to roll her eyes. “Uh-huh.”

“Ron is in here, too. Your friends with him, aren’t you Luna?”

“Er…” She looked back at Ron who was giving her an amused grin. “You could say that, yeah.”

Bridget sighed. “You’re so lucky. Friends with Harry, Ron AND Draco.”

Nessa and Bridget both got on the bed next to hers. “You want to come over and read with us?”

Luna shook her head. “Thanks, but I’m good.” She then flipped the curtain back in place and turned to Ron to see that he was trying not to laugh. Luna quickly performed a silencing spell then hit him with a pillow. “It’s not funny.”

“Am I really in Witch Weekly?”

“Great, now your ego will expand even more!”

He just laughed. “So now what?”

“Well, I for one am taking a nap and you just have to hang out until they leave. This turned out rather good anyway, because I particularly didn’t want to be alone.”

Ron’s eyes softened. “You could have told me that, I would have stayed even if they didn’t walk in.”

“I’ve intruded on you enough as it is,” she said as she got comfortable on her side of the bed.

“I’m your friend, Luna,” Ron said as he lay on his side so that he was facing her. “Never feel like you are intruding on me.” He tapped the tip of her freckled covered nose. “Okay?”

She blushed as she smiled softly. “Okay.” She then leaned towards him and kissed him on the cheek. “Thanks, Ronald.”

Ron watched her roll on her other side, exposing her back to him. “Sleep well, Luna,” he said as he lifted a hand out to her. He hesitated, not sure if he should touch her, but in the end he found himself wrapping an arm around her and pulling her securely against his chest.

She moaned and snuggled closer to him and Ron knew right then…that Luna Lovegood meant more to him than he realized. What that exactly was he didn’t know…but he had a feeling he’d find out soon enough.

21. Chapter 19

Chapter 19

“So where do you think Ron ran off to?” Hermione asked Harry as they made their way back up to the castle.

Harry shrugged. “Dunno…it’s not like Ron to miss Hagrid’s class. I’m sure he has a reason.”

“Well, he better have one, or he’s not looking at one inch of my notes,” she sighed as they walked up the steps.

Harry laughed. “Whatever, Ron always manages to charm his way into your heart whenever he wants something from you.”

“I hate to admit it, but you’re right. Hopeless cases are my weakness.”

Harry laughed at that and playfully elbowed her. “Good one, Hermione.”

“Hermione?”

Harry and Hermione both turned to the sound of the voice to see Terry Boot walking up to them. “Hey, Terry,” Hermione said with a smile. “What’s up?”

“Er…Nothing I just…wanted to talk to you about…something, real quick.”

Harry lifted a brow at his shyness as he watched Terry struggle with his words and looked more at the floor than at Hermione. He then noticed he was now looking at him, as if he was silently trying to tell him he’d like to speak with her alone. “Er…I’ll just head on to the Prefects common room.”

Hermione gave him a smile. “I’ll meet you there. We have to discuss some things before the Prefects meeting.”

Harry nodded. “Okay. Um…see ya later, Terry.”

“See you at the meeting,” he said with a small wave.

Harry walked off, fighting the urge not to look back at them. He had an idea what Terry wanted to talk about, he looked like a nervous guy about to ask a girl out on a date. He probably looked exactly like that in the fourth year when he asked Cho out to the Yule Ball. He didn’t know exactly what he thought about Terry dating Hermione…his best friend. Terry seemed like a good guy, but was he good enough for her?

Harry shook his head as he head up the stairs. What was he worrying about? He didn’t even know for sure if Terry was going to ask her out and even if he did, he shouldn’t worry about one date. Hermione wasn’t eleven anymore…she didn’t need his constant supervision all the time. If a guy asked her out, she had every right to say yes.

Before he could think anymore about the subject of Hermione dating, the sight of Emma walking down the corridor made him stop short. He smiled softly and didn’t notice the group of Slytherin first year boys walking towards her. Harry’s smile dropped when he saw that one of the boys stuck out his foot and tripped his cousin, causing her to yell as she fell to the ground.

“Ooops, my foot slipped,” the boy said sarcastically and his cronies laughed as they walked off.

Harry scowled and was heading towards her to help, but to his surprise someone beat him to it. He saw a familiar first year Gryffindor boy walk over to her, kneeling beside her. “Hey, are you okay?” the brown headed boy asked as he picked up one of her books that toppled out of her bags.

Harry moved to the side to stay out of view. “Yeah,” she said shyly as she took the book from him. “I’m okay.”

“Pay no attention to those guys, they’re a bunch of gits,” he said as he picked one last book up and handed it back to her as they both stood up.

“I know, it doesn’t bug me,” she said shoving the book inside her bag. “I’m use to it.”

Harry watched the boy frown. “Use to it?”

Emma shrugged. “I wasn’t the popular one at my orphanage.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t have too many friends either, just my older siblings.” The boy led out his hand. “I’m Jayce by the way. Jayce Spencer.”

Emma smiled and took her hand. “Hi.”

“Your Emma, right?”

Her eyes widened. “Yeah. You know who I am?”

“You’re a Gryffindor, aren’t you? Of Course I know who you are.” Jayce shifted his bag further up on his shoulder. “Speaking of which, we better get going. We’re late for Transfiguration.”

“Excuse me,” Harry said finally making himself known.

Emma and Jayce turned to see Harry walking towards them. Emma smiled and Jayce’s jaw dropped. “You’re Jayce, right?” Harry asked.

“Um. Yes…Yes, I’m Jayce,” he stammered.

“Jayce, I saw what you did for Emma here. Twenty points to Gryffindor for helping out your classmate.”

His eyes lit up. “Really?”

“Of course.” He then flicked his wrist and a small piece of parchment appeared in his hand. “You two might want to give this to Professor McGonagall. It’s a tardy excuse. You’re going to need it, trust me. I was late once for her class my first year and I made sure I never was again.”

“Thanks, sir,” Jayce said as he took the pass.

“Please, call me Harry. I may be Head Boy, but I’m also your housemate. You guys go on now…head to class.”

Jayce nodded at Harry, then turned to Emma. “Let’s go, Emma.”

Emma smiled and walked off with Jayce, but managed to turn back around to give Harry a private smile. He winked at her and watched with pure joy as Emma walked off with her new best friend.

“Hey.”

Harry turned to see Hermione walking over to him. “Hey,” he said with a smile.

“What are you grinning about?”

Harry smiled as they walked to the prefect’s room together, telling her the whole thing. “It’s a relief…knowing she has a friend now.”

“I’m glad to hear it,” she said as they walked into the common room together. They had a good fifteen minutes until all the Prefects met them for their weekly meeting.

“So,” Harry said as they sat on the couch together. “What did Terry want?”

Hermione shrugged as she looked shyly at her lap. “He kind of…asked me out on a date for the upcoming Hogsmead visit.”

Harry nodded as he stretched out his legs in front of him. “I kind of figured he was going to ask you out.”

Hermione turned to him. “Really? How?”

“Just from how he acted. It was just like a guy who was nervous about asking a girl out. I did the same thing before I asked Cho out at the Yule Ball. Mind you, she did turned me down and I was completely embarrassed.” He nudged her. “Did you turn him down?”

“No,” she laughed. “I didn’t turn him down. I think he’s nice.”

“Yeah, he seems to be.” He patted her leg. “I’m sure you’ll have a good time.”

“Yeah,” she said a little uneasily. “I guess.”

“You guess?”

She sighed as she shook her head. “I don’t know, I guess I’m just a little nervous. I’ve never been on a date before.” She groaned as she slapped her hands over her face. “I’m seventeen and never been on a date, that’s so sad!”

“Hermione,” he laughed sympathetically as he pulled her hands away. “It’s not sad. I’ve only been on one date and it was nothing to flaunt about. It’ll be fine.”

She looked at him hopelessly. “What if we have nothing to talk about?”

He shrugged. “Then you know it won’t work out. That’s what first dates are all about. Just be yourself, you’re a great girl, Hermione.”

“I guess I’d feel more comfortable if it was with someone I knew, you know.” She then got an idea in her head and she smiled at him. “Unleeeess.”

He gave her a worried work. “Unless what? I don’t like that look, Hermione, what are you thinking?”

“I’m thinking…how much fun it would be if you and me went on a double date!”

Harry’s eyes widened and held up his hands. “Oh no…nope, don’t even think about it.”

She huffed out an impatient breath. “Please Harry! It will be fun and if it’s a disaster, at least we’ll be there to pull each other out.”

Harry winced as he looked at her pleading brown eyes he found very difficult saying no to. “Hermione, even if I did say yes, who would I ask? I don’t like anyone right now.”

“Oh, don’t be silly. I’m sure there’s someone you find attractive. What about Lavender?”

Harry shrugged. “I dunno, I guess she’s okay. She’s pretty, but…”

“Well, then there you go,” she said nudging him. “You ask Lavender out and the four of us will go out. It’s perfect!” She leaned over and kissed his cheek. “Thanks Harry!”

“Hey, I never said that I…”

The portrait opened and the first couple of people came in. “Oh, look at that…the meetings about to start.”

“But…but…” Harry sighed and shook his head. Who was he kidding? No way he was getting out of this one.

22. Chapter 20

I don’t know what’s wrong with me! It’s like I opened a gate and can’t stop writing! Maybe it’s because I feel guilty for taking so long to update and how I won’t be able to update this weekend. BIG family weekend, my sister is getting remarried! Yea!! So the whole fam is coming to town! I’ll be super busy. However, I might just update again tomorrow, but I can’t hold any promises. Anyway, enjoy!

Chapter 20

“Well, I guess everyone’s here that’s coming,” Harry said as he stood up in front of the Prefects. “We better get started. First thing first, is the round’s schedule. We…”

Before he could continue the portrait door swung open and everyone turned to see Ron walking in. “Sorry I’m late,” he mumbled taking a seat on the arm of the couch.

“You okay?” Harry asked. “You weren’t at…”

“I’ll tell you later.”

“Where’s Luna?”

Ron looked up at him and stared. “I’ll tell you later,” he said again this time more firmly.

Understanding, Harry nodded; then cleared his throat before he continued. “As I was saying…we have the new schedule all written out and Hermione has it posted on the board over there. Check it and if your time conflicts with anything make sure you let Hermione or me know twenty-four hours in advance. Also…”

Ron wasn’t listening his mind was still filled on what had just occurred moments ago. Ron had fallen asleep in Luna’s arms…unintentionally of course. He had woken up confused and not remembering where he was at first, before it all came flooding back to him.

He was in Luna’s bed. Luna herself was fast asleep next to him and she practically had all her limbs wrapped around him. Merlin, did it feel good. He groaned as he closed his eyes. He shouldn’t be thinking things like that…this is Luna. His friend…who he respects and admires, he didn’t need to have impure thoughts running in his head. This is bad. He had to get out, before he lost all control.

He slowly grabbed her arm that was draped over his chest and carefully moved it aside. He leaned over her as he placed her arm on the other side, causing her to roll on her back. She mumbled something in her sleep as she shifted under the blanket.

Ron winced as he tried to roll away, but Luna murmured in protest as she rolled right back over to him. Ron rolled his eyes and muttered soft profanities, before he tried one last time to roll her over to her back. Ron tried another tactic by moving over her, and for a second he thought it would work, but he slipped and ended up right on top of her.

He expected her to wake up and catch him red handed, but instead she moaned in her sleep and curled her fingers across the back of his neck. “Ron,” she whispered and then pulled his head down. Next thing he knew, his lips were on hers in a soft gentle kiss that melted every bone in his body.

Shit. Shit, shit shit! This was not good. He knew he should stop, she wasn’t thinking and obviously dreaming. She did say his name, which meant…she was dreaming about him. He groaned at the thought as he closed his eyes and dove his tongue deep into her mouth. Merlin, she was sweet. And soft. Her body was begging to be touched and he was dying to be the one to do the touching.

On another groan he finally pulled away, knowing if he didn’t stop now, he’d never be able to. He watched her…out of breath as she mumbled his name again and shifted underneath him, lifting her hips up to him. Ron then hissed out another curse and practically jumped out of bed, not caring if she woke up or if anyone was else in the room.

Fortunately, no one was there and he was able to grab the cloak and get out of there undetected. He came straight to the Prefects meeting he was now at and still not paying attention to. Honestly, how could he after that incident? Merlin, he didn’t know what to do.

Yeah, you do, Ron told himself with a sigh. You want to go back up there and finish what you started. Don’t try to deny it!

“Ron?”

“Huh, what?” he asked breaking out of his trance to see his close friends surrounding him. “Oh…sorry, did you say something? Is the meeting over?”

“Yeah, everyone left,” Ginny said as she sat down next to him on the couch. “What’s wrong?”

“Sorry guys,” he said with a sigh. “I can’t stop thinking about Luna. She was…attacked today.”

“What?!” Harry yelled and while Hermione and Ginny gasped.

“Who attacked her?” Draco asked.

“Your ex-cronies,” he scowled. “I was lucky enough to stop them before they…they got any further.”

Harry angrily paced the room. “Well, what did they use on her? Any of the Unforgivible Curses? Did they hit her?”

“No…worse.” Ron swallowed hard as he tried to get the words out. “They tried…to…to…force themselves on her.”

“WHAT!” Harry and Draco both yelled.

“They tried to RAPE her?!” Harry exclaimed.

“Oh god,” Hermione gasped as she got up and went to Harry. “We have to go to Dumbledore, Harry.”

“Screw that, let’s just take care of it ourselves!” Draco yelled. “Those stupid, sons of…”

“No, Hermione’s right,” Ron said calmly. “Dumbledore will know what to do with them.”

“Do with who?”

Everyone turned to see Luna standing just outside the room. “Luna,” Harry said as he walked over to her.

She smiled. “Sorry I missed the meeting, I…”

“Forget the meeting…are you okay?”

She blinked. “Oh, I’m fine…thanks to Ronald.”

Ron blushed but didn’t say anything.

“Luna, There’s bruises on your arm,” Draco pointed out. “Maybe we should take you to the hospital wing.”

“Nonsense,” she said firmly. “I’m perfectly fine.”

“But Luna…”

“Not going to work, mate,” Ron sighed. “I already tried to convince her.”

“Dammit, why are our girl’s so stubborn!” Harry exclaimed throwing his arms up.

“Hey!” the girls said, offended.

“Well, it’s true,” he shot back. “It gets on my bloody nerves.”

“It’s no use, Potter,” Draco said. “Why don’t we go and see Dumbledore.”

“Yeah, all right,” he huffed and turned to Luna. “Will you at least sit down…rest some?”

“I had a quite fulfilling nap, Harry,” she said lifting up her head. “I’m not tired.”

“Geez, why are our boys so damn protective?” Hermione smirked.

“Hey!” the three guys bellowed.

The girls snickered.

“Let’s just go,” Ron said irritably. “I’m read to do something about this.”

“We’ll see you guys at dinner,” Harry said gruffly, still annoyed with them.

“Ronald?” Luna said before they could go.

Ron stopped and turned. “Yeah?”

She ran up to him and threw herself into his arms. “Thank you,” she murmured in his ear. “For everything.”

Ron smiled. “You’re welcome.” He pulled away and looked down at her softly. “Did you sleep all right?”

“Oh yes,” she said with a grin. “I had the most delicious dream.” She then kissed Ron on his flushed cheek. “Bye, Ron.”

“Er…bye,” he muttered and quickly followed a very amused Harry and Draco out the portrait hole.

He was in a complete daze for the rest of the day.

XXXXXXXX

For those who are waiting, double date will come soon, so hang in there!

23. Chapter 21

Here’s another update! Took me awhile, but finally got it out of me.

Chapter 21

Harry closed his eyes as he ducked his head under the warm spray of his shower, trying to let the water wash all his troubles away. It was a long past month, filled with schoolwork, Quidditch practice, Occlumency and D.A meetings and today was the last day of the month. Halloween.

It was also the day of his double date with Hermione he was not looking forward to. He should have never agreed to it, but once Hermione has an idea in her head, it was near impossible to talk out of it. So he would go and fight his way through it. Sooner it started the sooner it would be all over and he’d be stuffing his face at the Halloween feast with his friends.

Harry shut the water off and stepped out of the shower then wrapped a towel around his waist. He grabbed a smaller one and started to rub it over his damp hair as he padded barefoot into his room. He was just about to strip when his main door swung open and Hermione came bursting through.

“Harry, which outfit should I wear, the blue dress or the, HOLY CRAP!”

Harry stood there in just a towel as he watched Hermione turn bright red and advert her eyes as she shuffled her feet, not knowing whether to go or stay. “I am…so sorry…” Her eyes drifted to his chest. “Wow…er…I didn’t mean to...wow, um...”

“Maybe next time, knock before entering?” Harry suggested as he playfully threw his small towel that he was drying his hair with right at her.

Hermione yelped as she caught it right before it hit her face. “Harry! I said I was…wow, this smells really good.”

Harry lifted a brow at the mumbled words he thought he hard. “Come again?”

She blushed as she pulled the towel away from her face. “Nothing,” she said flustered. “I’m just going to go and take a shower myself…er…here’s your towel back.”

Harry grinned as he caught the towel she tossed back and watched her start to exit his room. “Hermione, wait…”

“Yeah?” she asked as she quickly turned around and her eyes widened when he advanced towards her.

She scooted her back against the door when he stopped right in front of her and Harry tried his best to hide his grin. “The blue one,” he finally said.

“Huh?” she asked in a daze as she looked up at him.

“You wanted my opinion, right?” he asked and took the blue dress out of her hands. “I think you should wear this one. Blue looks great on you.”

“Oh…right of course,” she stammered and took the dress from him. “The blue one…yes, nice chest…I mean choice! It’s a nice choice.

Harry chuckled under his breath. “Uh-huh…well, you better get going. Don’t want to be late.”

“Right…er…see you later,” she said and quickly turned around, fumbling at the knob a few seconds before finally opening it and flew from the room.

Harry let out a chuckle. “Classic,” he sad as he went to the closet to get dressed. “Flustered Hermione…never knew she existed.”

When Harry was fully dressed, he still had an amused smile on his face when he stepped out of his walk-in closet. Hermione was down right tongue tied at the sight of him in a towel and the funny thing about it was…he wasn’t embarrassed. He was amused with the whole situation. Hermione thought he had a nice chest. The thought pleased him for some reason.

“Must be the Quidditch,” he said as he looked over himself in the mirror.

“Someone’s feeling sure of themselves,” the talking mirror said in a teasing voice.

Harry rolled his eyes. “When I want your opinion I’ll ask for it.”

Someone knocked on the door before the mirror could retort and Harry was grateful for the intrusion. “Come in,” he said with a smile, thinking it must be Hermione on the other side of the door.

The door opened and Emma poked her head inside. “Hi, can I come in?”

“Emma, hey!” Harry greeted as he walked to her. “Of course, come in.”

Emma smiled brightly as she ran to him, throwing her small arms around his waist, causing him to stumble backwards a bit. Harry smiled as he returned the hug, playfully nuzzling the top of her head with his hand. “Glad of you to stop by. Now that you have a friend now, I feel like your too good for me.”

Emma gasped as she looked up at him. “That’s not true!”

Harry chuckled. “Emma, I’m joking.” He then leaned down and kissed the top of your head. “What brings you by? Were you careful coming here?”

“Yes, I used the map you gave me, no one followed me.”

“Good,” he said as he walked over to the bed and sat down on the edge, picking up his trainers to slip them on. “How are your classes going?”

“Good, my favorite class is Charms and Transfiguration. I got twenty points in McGonagall’s class for making a successfully transforming a mouse into a water goblet.”

Harry gave her a rewarding smile. “Good for you, the only person I know who did that in my year, was Hermione.” He looked at the clock and sighed. “Speaking of Hermione, I better get going. Don’t want to be late for my date.”

Emma gasped. “You have a date with Hermione?” she asked with excitement.

He chuckled. “No, I have a double date with Hermione.”

Her shoulders slumped. “Oh. Well, who are you taking?”

“Lavender,” he said as he tied on his last shoe.

“Lavender?” she asked in disgust. “That cheese bum?”

“Hey,” Harry said sternly. “She’s not a cheese bum.”

“Sorry,” she said sheepishly. “I didn’t know you liked her.”

He sighed as he shook his head. “I don’t. At least not that way.” He walked to the mirror to give one last look at himself. “I’m mainly doing this for Hermione. Terry Boot asked her out and she’s nervous, so suggested this double date thing.”

“Terry Boot? The Ravenclaw Prefect, right?”

“Yeah,” he said fiddling with his hair.

“He’s sort of cute. In a sweet, dorky kind of way.”

Harry laughed and turned around. “So…how do I look?”

She took in his simple jeans and overly large orange shirt and gave a little shrug. “Eh…you could do better.”

“Gee…thanks, dear cousin, tell me how you really feel.”

She giggled and went to his closet. “Let’s see what else you got. Oh, I like this.”

Harry watched in amusement as she pulled out his green polo shirt from his hanger. “Oh, Hermione gave me that shirt. She bought it when she went to New York with her parents a few summers ago.”

“Well, she has good taste. Wear this instead; it’ll bring out your eyes. Probably why she bought it for you in the first place.”

“You think?” he asked as he pulled off his orange shirt, then slid the green collared shirt over his white undershirt.

“Sure, why else? That’s much better.”

He snorted. “Thanks, I’m glad I have your approval.”

“Anytime,” she said with a smile. “Grab me some candy while your there?”

“You got it,” he said with a wink and together they headed for the door.

“Harry?” she asked before they made it to the door. “There is something I wanted to ask you.”

“Really?” he asked with his hand on the doorknob. “Shoot.”

“Well, I was wondering…now that I’m getting closer with Jayce, I feel bad lying to him and…”

“You want to tell him about me?” Harry asked.

She sighed. “I’ll understand if you tell me not to, it’s just…it be nice to have someone to talk to.”

Harry looked down at her and squatted next to her so they would be eye level. “Do you trust him?”

“Yes,” she said without any hesitation. “Very much. I’m friends with Michael too…he was Jayce’s friend from the beginning, but I’m not close to him like Jayce is. I would only tell him.”

“If you trust him, I trust him.” He gave her a quick smile. “Just make sure no one’s around before you tell him, use the map, all right?”

“Okay,” she said with a nod then flung her arms around his neck. “Thanks Harry.”

Harry squeezed her tight. “Anytime, Emma. You’re my family now…I promise to take care of you, okay?”

She nodded as she pulled back. “I know,” she said as she wiped away a tear that trailed down her cheek. “Now, get going on your date, okay? Don’t want to keep Hermione waiting.”

The corner of his lip shifted up as he gently wiped her cheek clean. “No, I sure don’t. Nothing’s more worse than Hermione’s wrath.” He then stood up and opened the door for her. “I’ll see you at the feast tonight, Emma.”

“You can count on it, hopefully it will be troll free,” she said with a grin, causing both of them to laugh as they walked down the stairs.

“What’s so funny?” Hermione asked as she got up from the couch she was sitting on.

“Oh, just talking about that certain Halloween night our first year here,” Harry said with a smile.

Hermione smiled. “Oh yes, I remember it well.”

“You look nice,” Harry said taking in her blue dress she had shown him moments ago.

“Thanks, so do you. Hey, you’re wearing my shirt.”

“Yeah, Emma dressed me,” he said with a laugh.

“You have good taste, Hermione,” Emma said with a grin. “Shirt looks great on him.”

“I know, as soon as I saw it I knew it would. I bought it because of the color. It brings out his eyes.”

“Told you so,” Emma said sticking out her tongue at Harry.

“All right, smartie why don’t you run along, now,” Harry said as he playfully nudged her.

“All right,” she said pulling out the map, making sure it was clear before heading out. “You guys have fun.”

“Thanks, Emma,” Hermione said and waved her off as she went down towards the Gryffindor common room. “You ready to go?”

He sighed. “Ready as I’ll ever be I guess.”

“Relax, Harry. It’s not like we’re going into battle. It’s just a double date.”

Harry gave her a small smile as they made their way to the entrance where they planed to meet Lavender and Terry. Maybe they weren’t going into battle, but a part of him felt like it. It was going to be an interesting afternoon.

24. Chapter 22

CHAPTER 22

Harry and Hermione met their dates at the front of the castle and then together made the way towards Hogsmead. Harry and Lavender walked slightly in front of Hermione and Terry as Lavender jokingly told him they missed him in Dinivation. “It’s not nearly as exciting anymore, she hasn’t made one death omen all year.”

He laughed. “Well, I can honestly say I don’t miss that class.”

“So guys, where should we go?” Terry asked, as they got closer to the town.

“Oh!” Lavender exclaimed. “There’s this cute little coffee shop that a lot of couples go to that…”

“NO!” Harry and Hermione both said loudly, causing Lavender to jump.

“Well, sorry…it was just a suggestion.”

“Sorry Lav,” Harry said as he shared a laugh with Hermione. “It’s just that, my last date I went on, we went there and it was a complete disaster.”

“Harry vowed never to step foot in it again,” Hermione said with a giggle.

Terry laughed softly. “So, you two must know each other pretty well?”

“Are you kidding?” Harry asked as he turned around and walked backwards. “I know Hermione better than anyone.”

“Well, I doubt that,” Hermione said with a roll of her eyes.

“Oh really?” Harry laughed. “You think I don’t know you?”

“Well, of course you do, but you don’t know me THAT well.”

He lifted a brow. “Really? Do other people know that it’s literally impossible for you to go into a bookstore and NOT buy a book?”

She gasped. “That’s not true!”

He chuckled. “You think so?” They stopped right in front of the bookstore and gestured his hands towards it. “Prove it. I bet you can’t go in there for at least ten minutes without buying a book.”

“This is ridiculous,” she said stubbornly.

“She really can’t go in there without buying a book?” Lavender asked intrigued.

“Yep. Impossible,” Harry said with confidence.

“Fine!” Hermione spat. “I’ll go in there and walk right back out without a book in my hands. Just to shut you up.”

“Okay, but you have to be in there for at least ten minutes and you have to really scan the bookshelves. No cheating.”

She lifted up her chin. “And what’s the bet?”

“If you win, I promise to study with you for three consecutive Saturdays in a row.”

She put her hands on her hips. “Four.”

“Fine,” he sighed. “And if I win, you have to do something with me that’s against the rules.”


She let out a laugh. “Yeah, like that’s not anything new.”

“Yes, but now that we’re Head Boy and Girl, you’ve lost your edge.”

She huffed out a breath. “Fine. Prepare to lose, Potter.”

Harry watched with a grin as she spun around and marched into that bookstore with confidence. Merlin, he adored her. Absolutely adored her. “She doesn’t have a chance.”

“You sure about that?” Terry asked. “I mean, come on. No one can be that obsessed with books.”

Harry gave him a look. “Than you obviously don’t know my Hermione.”

Terry lifted a brow and shared a look with Lavender. ‘My Hermione?’ he mouthed to her and Lavender replied with a hopeless shrug.

“Oh, here she comes,” Harry said after a moment of silence.

“Looks like she has no book in her hands,” Terry smirked.

“Yeah, well…we’ll see about that,” Harry muttered.

Hermione stopped in front of Harry and lifted her stubborn chin to him. “Well, Potter…you lose.”

“Open your bag.”

Hermione sighed but did as she asked. “See, no new book.”

Harry still wasn’t convinced so he reached out his hands and started patting the pockets of her robes. He saw her press her lips tightly together and advert her eyes away, which was a clear sign of guilt. However, her pockets were empty.

“See? I told you I could do it,” Hermione said as Harry still ran his hands inside her robes as he searched.

“Come on, Harry you lost,” Terry said with a hint of annoyance.

“One last place to look,” Harry said as he rested his hands on her hips, then slid them around to the small of her back and slowly trailed his hands up. His eyes stayed lock with hers and he grinned when his hands hit something hard just above her shoulder blades. “Why Hermione…what on earth could that be?”

Hermione scowled at him before finally pushing him away. “It wasn’t fair!” she said as she reached up and removed the book she stuck on her back with a sticking charm. “I was looking for this edition of this book for ages!”

Harry shrugged. “Too bad, a bets a bet and you lost.”

“Ugh…all right, fine. So you know me better than anyone, big deal. I know YOU better than anyone.”

“So what, now we’re going to have a bet about that?” Lavender asked with a sigh.

“No need,” Harry said with a laugh. “I know Hermione knows me better than anyone, I’m not going to dispute that. Why don’t we head for Three Broomsticks for a butterbeer?”

“Sounds good,” Terry said and gave Hermione a small smile. “Get us a chance to talk.”

XXXX

The Three Broomsticks was packed but they managed to find a small circular booth just big enough for four. Harry slid in one side of the booth while Hermione did the same and they met in the middle. Terry was sitting next to Hermione on one end and Lavender sat across from him on the other, next to Harry.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen it this packed,” Terry said.

“Me either,” Harry said. “We should probably go up to the bar to get the drinks, it might take awhile for someone to come up and take our orders.”

“Okay,” Terry said as he scooted out of the booth.

“Let me go since your trapped,” Lavender said as she scooted out.

“Are you sure?”

“Sure, no sense of you getting out.”

“Well, here,” he said giving her his money. “Get what you want.”

“Thanks Harry.”

Lavender followed Terry through the crowd over to an open spot at the bar. Unfortunately, Madame Rosmerta was on the other side of the bar with her hands full so they had to wait. “So, did you get the impression that we have competition?” Terry asked Lavender as they waited.

“Yes,” she said with a laugh. “But it doesn’t bother me.”

“Why?” Terry asked. “I asked Hermione out….me…not Harry.”

“Yes, but its Harry. Honestly, Terry they’re inseparable.”

“Well, they’re friends, of course they would be.”

Lavender gave him a sympathetic smile. “For now, yes. Look, Terry I’m sorry for being blunt, but I’ve lived with them for six years. We all knew it was inevitable one day.”

Terry sighed as he looked over at Harry and Hermione who were leaning close together so they could hear each other over the crowd. “So…I’m pretty much wasting my time.”

“Hey,” Lavender said as she placed a hand over his. “Don’t look so glum…you’ll find someone.”

“Yeah, right,” Terry said as he turned back to the bar. “I’m a dork.”

“Dorks can be sexy you know,” Lavender said with a grin.

His brows lifted. “Really?”

Lavender giggled. She had to admit, he was pretty adorable. “Really. And besides, dork or not, everyone struggles with finding someone. Me included.”

“Please,” Terry snorted. “Your beautiful, you could have any guy you wanted.”

“That’s not true, not a lot of guys come up to me.”

“That’s because everyone is intimidated by you,” Terry said. “I can name five guys I know alone that has or had a crush on you. Including me.”

She smiled. “You had a crush on me?”

“Have…present tense. You have nothing to worry about, you’ll find someone.”

“Why didn’t you ask me out?”

“Huh?” He blinked. “Me? Ask you out? That’s funny.”

She scowled. “I don’t see the humor in it.”

“Lav…please, you’re way out of my league.”

“Says who?”

“Well…everyone,” he said with a shrug. “It’s no big deal.”

“Yeah, it is,” She said almost angrily as she slammed down her mug.

Terry jumped. “Lav…”

“I would have said yes.”

“Lavender, I didn’t mean to…wait, what?”

She almost smiled. “I would have said yes you git!”

He frowned. “But…I don’t get it. You’re…you…and I’m…me.”

She giggled. “Terry, that didn’t make sense.”

“But…”

“Look, I happen to think that a guy needs to have more than looks. You have that, plus your sweet and considerate. Girls like that you know.”

Terry blushed in embarrassment. “I had no idea.”

“Too bad, now we’re on dates with other people.”

“Who we don’t have a chance with,” Terry pointed out.

“Right.” Lave grinned. “Let’s ditch them.”

His eyes widened. “W-what? We can’t do that!”

“Why not?” She asked and then gestured over to them. “They probably already forgot all about us. Let’s go.” She smiled softly as she took his hand in hers. “We can have our own date.”

Terry swallowed a nervous lump in his throat as he stared at her beautiful blue eyes. He still couldn’t believe someone like her was interested him. “Okay,” he finally managed to say. “Let’s do it.”

Madame Rosmerta smiled at them. “What can I get you two?”

Lavender gave her Harry’s money. “Two butterbeers over to that table in the far corner.” She then grabbed Terry’s hand and pulled him through the crowd.

XXXX

“Uh-oh,” Harry said as he saw Lavender lead Terry towards the front of the pub.

“What?”

“Looks like we’re being ditched,” Harry said nodding his head over towards them.

Hermione looked over to see Lavender and Terry giggling as they walked out the door. “Well. I think I beat you at the most pitiful first date ever.”

Harry covered his hand over hers that rested on the table. “I’m sorry.”

She shrugged. “It’s okay. I’m honestly not that upset, I didn’t really see it going anywhere.”

“Really?” Harry asked unsure.

“Yeah, he’s nice but…not for me.”

Madame Rosmerta came up to the table and placed to mugs of Butterbeer in front of them. “These are for you…and here’s your change, Harry.”

“Thanks,” he said as he took the change and shoved it in his pocket. “You know, they’ll be other dates, Hermione.”

She sighed after taking her first sip. “I know.”

“And other chances for first kisses,” he said playfully nudging her.

She gave him a small smile. “I know, it’s just…”

“What?” he asked as he gently pulled back her hair that curtained her face.

“It’s just that…I always pictured my first kiss here…at Hogwarts, you know?”

“Yeah,” he said as he rubbed her back. “Well, hey…you know what? I promise that if no one has kissed you by graduation…I’ll kiss you.”

Hermione blinked up at him, stunned. “Really? You would…do that for me?”

Harry chuckled softly. “Hermione…Considering I’d die for you, I think I’ll be able to kiss you.”

“Oh, Harry,” she said softly as she leaned into him, wrapping her arms around his waist. “You’re so sweet to say that,” she mumbled against his chest.

Harry blushed slightly, but didn’t hesitate circling his arms around her. “I meant it.” He kissed the top of her head. “Every word.”

“You want to know something?” Hermione asked after awhile as she leaned back slightly to look up at him.

“What’s that?”

“When I pictured my first kiss…it was on the Astronomy Tower and the person who was kissing me…was y…”

Hermione’s last word was drowned out by a loud explosion, which caused the front door of the pub to blow up into pieces. Harry immediately pulled Hermione to the floor, under the table and knocked it over, giving them protection. Laughter, which filled the room moments ago, was now filled with screams of terror.

“Well look what we got here,” a voice said from the front of the pub. Hermione and Harry peaked up from behind the table to see Bellatrix and a group of Death Eaters guarding the door. “This is going to be fun.”

Then chaos began as spells when in every direction and they took cover. “Harry!” Hermione exclaimed. “We have to try and make sure no one gets hurt!”

Harry knew she was right. Most of them were just kids for Merlin’s sake. They looked up over the table, prepared to fight but were shocked at what they saw. The students weren’t cowering in fear…they were fighting back with full force. Harry looked at each person fighting in awe and slowly began to realize that the students fighting were…”

“Harry! They’re from the D.A! They’re fighting back!”

Harry felt a surge of pride as he grabbed her hand. “Then let’s help and fight with them.”

After giving him a squeeze of her hand, they both leapt over the table together and started to fight. Harry saw a Death Eater corner a group of three-year girls, so he aimed and shot him the stunning curse, causing him to slam over a table. He saw the girls retrieve their wands they once lost and fought back without another thought.

He could hear Hermione in the background, yelling out spells while he kept up with his fighting. Dodging flashes of light as he made his way to the Death Eaters. They were winning. Slowly, one by one Death Eaters began to Disapparate as they began to move them out of the pub. Bellatrix was the only one left and down on her back, exhausted and out of breath. “Well, look what we have here,” Harry said as he towered over her. The students hovered around him, supporting him just in case she tried anything on him.

“What are you going to do? Kill me, Potty?” she asked mocking him with a sneer.

Harry smirked. “Kill you? And miss the chance of you having to go tell your precious Dark Lord that you were beaten by a bunch of kids. No way…that’s priceless.”

She scowled up at him while the students snickered at Harry’s remark. “It isn’t over, Potter! The Dark Lord will defeat you!”

“You tell Voldemort that if he plans to succeed he’s going to have to try awfully hard.” He pointed his wand right in front of her face. “I’m not going anywhere.”

Bellatrix sneered at him long and hard as if she was egging him to break contact. He never did and then finally she Disapparated. Harry lowered his wand and took a deep breath before turning to face his fellow students. “I can’t tell you how proud I am of everyone here. Well done everyone.”

“Harry!” a voice said in alarm.

Harry quickly moved through the crowd until they cleared and his heart dropped when he saw two young girls kneeling by a body lying on the ruined floor.

It was Hermione.

25. Chapter 23

Hey guys, it’s a SHORT chapter and I want to write more to it, but its going to take longer, so I thought I’d go ahead and post this little part. Hopefully, I’ll have more up this weekend.

Chapter 23

Harry dropped to his knees beside her as he looked into her face. Her eyes were closed and she was perfectly still. “What happened?” he finally managed to say.

“I’m so sorry, Harry,” a third year Hufflepuff said as she started to cry. “She pushed me out of the way, it’s my fault.”

Harry shook his head weakly. “It’s not your fault.” He swallowed the large lump in his throat. “Can you tell me…what color the beam of light was?” Don’t say green. Please, don’t say green.

“I saw a flash of orange,” she said. “Do you know what that means?”

Harry let out the breath he didn’t realize he was holding. “No. Just be glad it wasn’t green.” He then took his shaky hand and looked for a pulse on her neck, hoping for a sign of life. He felt one…but it was weak.

“Harry!”

Harry turned to see Lupin and Tonks rushing through the crowd, followed by Snape. “We came as soon as we heard…” His eyes fell on the unconscious Hermione. “Merlin…is she…?”

“No, but she’s weak.” Harry then lifted her up in his arms. “I need to get her to the hospital wing.”

“We’ll go with you,” Tonks said as she placed a hand on his arm.

“I’ll stay behind,” Snape said. “Dumbledore was in London, but he’s on his way back.”

Harry nodded although he only half heard them. All he could think about was getting Hermione to the hospital, so he didn’t hesitate any longer and headed out towards the exit of the pub.

As soon as Harry arrived at the Hospital wing, Madame Pomfrey didn’t waste anytime. She fired away questions to Harry about what happened as she examined her and when she was satisfied she shooed him out of the room.

“I don’t want to leave her.”

“Stay outside the doors if you must, but I need to examine her. This isn’t just a scratch or a concussion, Mr. Potter. This is serious.”

So Harry paced the doors back and forth for what seemed like hours, but were just long torturous minutes. It wasn’t long until his other friends came running towards the wing, all with worried look on their faces. Luna was the first to get to him and threw her arms around him. “Is she okay?”

“We don’t know yet,” he said looking over Luna’s shoulder at the others. “But it’s serious.”

“She’ll be okay, Harry,” Ron said as he put a hand on his shoulder. “She has to be.”

“What kind of spell was she hit with?” Draco asked.

“I don’t know,” he said shaking his head. “The light was orange, though. I don’t know what it means.”

“It’s a spell used to rid away someone’s will power to live.”

Everyone turned to see Dumbledore standing in behind them. “What do you mean?” Harry asked with panic in his voice.

“Hermione will feel lonely. Like she has no reason to live.” The older wizard walked over to Harry and peered down at him beneath his half moon glasses. “That’s why it’s important that you talk to her, Harry. Let her know how much she is needed.” He glanced around at the others. “All of you need to let her know.”

“And if…she doesn’t believe us?” Harry asked.

“Then…I’m afraid she’ll never wake up.”

Harry’s mind started to twirl and his stomach hitched up in his throat. Hermione never wake up? No…he couldn’t let that happen. He needed her too much. “I need to see her, Professor. I need to see her now.”

“I understand, Harry. Let me go in first and talk to Madame Pomfrey.”

Harry watched as Dumbledore disappeared through the double doors leading to the hospital. “How could she not know?” Harry said in barely a whisper. “How could she not realize how much she’s needed? How much…I need her?”

“She does, Harry,” Ginny said softly. “You just need to tell her. Make her listen.”

Before he could say anything else, the door opened and Dumbledore let Harry in. He gave his friends one last glance and they all smiled at him for support. He appreciated it. Once inside, Madame Pomfrey came up to him before he could steal a glance towards Hermione’s bed. “I’ve done everything I can…it’s up to her now.”

“Thank you,” he said softly before making his way to where Hermione lay.

“Let’s give them some privacy, Poppy,” Dumbledore whispered.

Now alone with Hermione, he sat gently by her hip on the edge of the bed. Her eyes were closed as her chest rose and fell in a slow rhythm. She looked peaceful. As if she was in a deep sleep.

Harry reached out and grabbed her hand, which was surprisingly warm. “Hermione, I’m getting rather tired of seeing you lying in a hospital bed.” He brushed his thumb back and forth over her hand. “Ever since second year, you’ve made a habit out of it.”

He let out a shaky breath as he brushed strands of hair out of her face with his free hand. “You want to know something? A part of me is missing when you’re in here. It’s true. I’m not whole without you, Hermione, you have to know that by now.”

He scooted closer to her. “I need you, Hermione,” he said urgently. He leaned down until his forehead touched hers. “Don’t you dare give up on me.” He lifted the joined hands and placed her open palm against his cheek. “I can’t go on without you.” He kissed the inside of her hand. “I’m nothing without you.”

“Harry…”

It was so soft and weak he almost didn’t hear her. He sat back up and stared down to see her eyelids were twitching. “Hermione?” He leaned back down so their faces were only inches apart. “Can you hear me?”

She opened her eyes only halfway and moved her mouth weakly. “So…tired,” she croaked.

“Fight it, Hermione,” he whispered. “I need you. Please don’t give up.”

“You…need me?” she whispered.

“Desperately.” He kissed her forehead gently, then moved his lips to her ear. “Promise me you won’t leave me,” he murmured.

He felt her give his hand a gentle squeeze. “I promise.”

Then he watched her close her eyes and sing back under. “I’m holding you to that, Hermione. I’m not moving from your side until you come back to me.” He kissed her warm fingers that were linked with his. “That I can promise you.”

26. Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Hermione did as Harry asked and then some. The darkness that threatened to swallow her whole, that was inches to claiming her life, lessened more and more with passing time. She fought it. She pushed it away as her thoughts were consumed with only Harry.

He needed her. Harry needed her and she wasn’t going to let anything tell her differently. The bright light grew and she could hear Harry’s voice echoing behind it, begging her to come back to him. I’m trying, Harry. I’m trying.

She could hear his voice clearly whenever he spoke to her, same as her friends. It helped knowing she was loved and cared for. She longed for the light to develop her, warm her. The darkness always held her back, but she was winning the battle. She knew she was.

You’re nothing. No one cares for you.

Hermione shivered as the negative feeling swooped into her. No. No, no, no. You’re wrong. Harry needs me!

He doesn’t need you. No one does.

Leave me alone. She looked towards the light and noticed it was shining brighter than ever before. Now was the time to end it. It was now or never. She felt all her emotions swirl around her, all her feelings for her friends…for her Harry to take over and let it fly. LEAVE ME ALONE!

Then, the light blinded her and darkness faded.

XXXX

She was awake before she opened her eyes. She knew she had won. She felt the weight of something on her stomach, pinning her down but she didn’t panic. It felt nice…and comforting. She lifted her heavy eyelids and the room came into focus. The hospital room.

It was dark, but she could make it out due to the moonlight shining through the tall windows. She heard someone breathing steadily in and out and flickered her eyes downwards to see that that someone was Harry.

He was asleep using her stomach as a pillow, his arms were wrapped around her and his glasses were off, resting next to one of his hands. He didn’t leave her side. Just like he promised. She smiled softly as she moved her hand to his hair, letting her fingers get lost in his unruly hair that she adored so much. She strummed her fingers through his thick hair as if she was lazily playing the strings of a harp.

He stirred and mumbled her name in his sleep as he tightened his grip on her. Merlin, he was adorable. “Harry?” she whispered as she kept playing with his hair. “Harry, wake up.”

Harry moaned as he shifted his head on her stomach as he started to wake up. He blinked his eyes open and tried to remember where he was. He then felt something wonderful combing through his hair and made him think of Hermione. He moved his eyes up to see her looking down at him with a soft smile. “Hermione?” he said softly as he lifted his head off her stomach. “Hermione?”

“Hi,” she said softly as her small smile deepened.

“You’re back?” he asked urgently as he moved over her. “Back with me…for good?”

She reached up and cupped his cheek with her hand. “I’m back, Harry. I’m not leaving you this time. Or ever.”

He let out a shaky breath as he started to tremble. “Thank you,” he whispered as he buried his face in her neck and collapsed next to her on the bed, lying halfway on top of her. “Don’t you ever do that again, Hermione.”

Hermione’s eyes filled with tears as she hugged him tight. “I’m so sorry, Harry.”

“I thought I lost you,” he murmured against her neck. “I thought I lost you.”

“You could never lose me,” Harry.” She kissed his temple softly. “I would never leave you.”

“You were so pale…”

“Harry, “I’m okay,” she assured him as she moved one of her hands up and down his back. “I promise.”

“Just let me hold you,” he said as he rolled onto his back and brought her up against him. “Just let me…just for a moment.”

Hermione lifted the blanket so Harry could slide under it with her. She then curled into him, draping an arm over his chest and tangled her legs with his. “You can hold me as long as you want.”

And he did. All through the night until they both fell asleep in each other’s arms.

XXXX

The next morning, Madame Pomfrey found them like that in bed together. The sight was touching and warmed her heart and as much as she hated to do it, she knew it was inappropriate and had to wake them up. She shook Harry gently until he finally started to wake up. To her surprise Hermione stirred and her eyes fluttered open. “Well, look whose up. Welcome, back, Hermione,”

Both teenagers blushed as Harry scooted out of her bed. He stood by her as she examined her thoroughly. “Well, Miss Granger, it looks like you’re on the road to recovery.”

“Can I leave the hospital today?” Hermione asked.

“You’re still a bit weak, so just a few more days and you can go.”

Hermione’s shoulders slumped in disappointment. “Okay.”

“Don’t worry, it will go by quickly.” She patted her hand. “I’m going go and get you something to eat. I bet your hungry.”

She nodded. “Yeah, a little.”

“I’ll be right back.”

Once they were alone Harry shoved his hands in his pockets and rocked back on his heels. “So, how are you feeling?” he asked still slightly embarrassed that they slept together all night. It was scary for him to admit it, but it felt really good. It was the second time they fell asleep in each other’s arms and slept all through the night. The first time was when Ron had found them last year.

“I feel great,” she said with a soft smile. “Maybe a little weak, like Madame Pomfrey said.”

“Well, don’t worry. I’ll stay with you.”

“No, you will not,” she said firmly.

Harry blinked in surprise. “Hermione…”

“You’ve missed enough classes already, Harry and every lesson is crucial. If you failed NEWTS because of me I’d never forgive myself.”

His first thought was to argue with her, but then remembered who he was talking with and knew he didn’t stand a chance of winning. “Fine, but I’ll visit you between lessons and drop off assignments for you.”

“Deal,” she said with a grin.

“Well, I guess I’d better go and tell everyone you’re all right. I’ll be back at lunch, all right?”

“Okay. Thanks, Harry. For everything.”

He shrugged his shoulders slightly embarrassed. “I’m just glad you’re okay.” He hesitated at first, but then cleared his throat and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. “I’ll see ya.”

Hermione blushed as he walked away. “Yeah…see ya.”

XXX

Over the next few days, Harry and her friends visited her whenever they could. She appreciated it, she was lonely stuck in the hospital wing all by herself. Crookshanks kept her company at night though and snuggled with her until Harry stopped by in the morning with her breakfast. She kept up with her assignments so she wouldn’t fall behind when she was released and with as much time she was spared, she got further than she anticipated.

Merlin, she was bored. It was the last night finally and she sat up in her bed as she scribbled away at her homework. She was by herself and had one lantern glowing next to her bed, giving her just enough light. Tomorrow morning she would be out of here at the first crack of dawn.

She was finishing up her work when all of the sudden a subtle familiar scent filled the air. She grinned as she kept her eyes on her work. She knew that scent all too well. “Hello Harry.”

A second later his head popped out of thin air. “Hey, how did you know?”

She looked up at him and grinned. “I’ve known you long enough Harry to sniff you out.”

He laughed as he tugged off the rest of his cloak. “I’ve come to rescue you.”

She let out a laugh as she set her work aside. “What are you up to, Harry?”

“I’m sneaking you out of here. At least for a few hours.”

“Harry, that’s sweet, but I’m not allowed to…”

“Need I remind you of a certain bet that you lost to a few days ago,” he said with a grin. “You have to do something against the rules, Hermione and this is it.”

She opened her mouth to argue, but shut it when she couldn’t think of a counter attack. “Oh, all right,” she huffed as she threw back her covers. “We better not get caught.”

“We won’t,” he said as he picked up her bathroom and helped her put it on over her periwinkle plaid pajamas. “You ready?” he asked as she slid on her pink fuzzy slippers.

“As I’ll ever be I guess.”

“Good.” He then pulled out a Gryffindor winter scarf and stepped towards her.

“What are you doing?” she asked as he turned her back toward him and then covered her eyes. “Harry!”

“It’s a surprise on where I’m taking you,” he said as he tightened the scarf.

“I can’t see a thing,” she said as Harry turned her back around.

“That’s kind of the point, Hermione.” He opened his cloak back up and put it around the both of them. “Stay close to me and you’ll be fine.”

Hermione scooted next to him and wrapped her arms around his waist as the shuffled their way out of the hospital wing. She had no idea what Harry was up to but she sure couldn’t wait to find out.

XXXXX

Hmm, I wonder what good ole Harry is up to! Maybe we’ll find out in the next few days, maybe not! But it’ll be a good one, so the wait will be worth it!

I’d also like to take this time to say thanks to all my readers! You guys are what keeps me writing and I appreciate it so much! I know I might take awhile to update and I KNOW it’s frustrating, but you still stick with me and I can’t tell you how much it means to me. Thanks for being so patient!

27. Chapter 25

Chapter 25

“Are we almost there?” Hermione asked after awhile. They have been down long corridors, up flights of stairs and she still had no idea where they were going.

“Almost,” Harry said with a smile as he looked down at her. “Just through these doors.”

She heard Harry push the doors open and immediately felt the cold chill brush over her skin. The cloak kept them invisible but it did a lousy job of keeping the cold out. “We’re outside.”

“You bet,” he said as he walked a little further than took off the cloak.

Hermione welcomed the cold as she took in a deep breath. “It feels good to be outside.” She turned blindly to Harry. “Where exactly are we?”

“You don’t know?”

“I…no, I don’t have a clue. Can you take the scarf off now, please?”

He chuckled softly. “I guess so.” He stepped behind her and loosened the knot on the scarf and pulled it away from her eyes.

Harry watched her blink in her surroundings and then noticed the look of recognition on her face. “Harry, we’re on the Astronomy balcony.”

“Yeah,” Harry said as he rocked back on his heels. “How bout that?”

“It’s beautiful up here, isn’t it?” she asked as she placed her hands on the rail of the balcony.

“Yeah…I can see why you pictured it happening here.”

Hermione looked over at him. “Picture what?”

Harry stepped next to her, copying her with his hands and gripped the railing. “Your first kiss. This is where you pictured it.”

Hermione blushed as she looked down. “Yes. Just like this, at night time when the stars are out.” She sighed as she looked up. “Romantic, isn’t it?”

Harry looked up at the twinkling stars, but every other sense was aware of Hermione standing right next to him. She smelled of peaches, just like the night he had took her on his broom. Her body was close next to his and he had the biggest urge to pull her to his side. “Hermione?”

She turned to look up at him. “Yes?”

“That day in Three Broomsticks…right before the attack?”

“Yes?”

“You were about to say something…something else about how you pictured your first kiss.”

“Oh,” she said softly as she looked away. “Yes, I…was about to tell you who I imagined my first kiss with.”

He swallowed the lump in his throat and found it difficult to speak. “Who did you imagine?”

Her eyes cast down for a moment as she felt her heart begin to race. She took a shaky breath to try and calm her nerves before finally looking back up at him. “You,” she whispered. “I pictured it with you.”

His heart leapt in his throat, but on the outside he remained calm. “Why?” he asked with a cock of his head. “Why me?”

Hermione blew out a breath. “At first I didn’t know, Harry. It’s not like I meant to, it’s just that your face was always there in my mind.” She turned fully towards him and took a step closer. “I think it’s because out of all the guys I know, I trust you the most.”

He reached up and touched the tips of her hair softly. “You do?”

She smiled and nodded. “Of course. I trust you, Harry. More than anyone.”

Harry’s mouth tilted up as he cupped the tip of her chin. “Than I guess it’s fair for you to know that you are the person I trust the most.”

“Even more that Ron?” she asked as she tried not to notice how nice the pad of his thumb brushing across her cheek felt.

“Definitely more that Ron.” He dropped his hands and shoved them in his pockets. “Don’t get me wrong, I trust him. Just that ever since fourth year…He should have believed me no questions asked and he didn’t. You did though, Hermione. You believed me whole-heartedly and it’s something I will always remember and be grateful for. As for Ron…Ever since then, he’s lost a little bit of my trust. Not a lot…but enough to not make me forget.”

“I understand.”

He shook his head and reached out for her hand. “Hermione,” he said as he tugged her to him. “I brought you out here for a reason.”

Hermione let herself be pressed against Harry and she looked up at Harry’s green speckled eyes. “What would that be?”

He swallowed hard as he tried to form the words. “I wanted to…fulfill your…er…fantasy I guess you could say and…make it a reality.”

“Fantasy?” she asked in a daze and then blushed when she realized what he was talking about. “Oh, Harry…you don’t have to do that, you said you’d wait till our last night.”

“Hey, no better time like the present, right?” he asked as he tilted up her chin. “I found myself not wanting to wait, especially after seeing you lying on that hospital bed for three days and not knowing when or if you were coming back to me.”

Her eyes shimmered with tears. “Harry…”

“Then I found myself kind of liking the idea of me being your first kiss.” He flashed her a grin as he swept his thumb across her bottom lip. “I became selfish and decided I didn’t want another guy up here with you…that all right?”

She smiled softly as she looked down. “Yes,” she said burying her flushed face in his chest. “It’s all right.”

Harry smiled at her embarrassment. It was rather cute. “I want to do this for you, Hermione. I promise it won’t mess our friendship up and become awkward between us. I won’t let it.”

She looked up at him then and smiled. “One kiss…between friends?”

He cupped the side of her face as he bent his head slowly towards her. “Between the best of friends,” he whispered against her lips seconds before they touched.

Hermione’s eyes fluttered close at the feel of Harry’s warm lips absorbing against hers. Her body shivered but it had nothing to do with the cold and everything to do with Harry. She sighed softly as she laid her palms against his chest and Harry pulled her tight against him with one arm around her waist.

She was so soft and so warm that Harry had to fight the urge to press her up against the railing and devour her senseless. He couldn’t do that. This was Hermione. Sweet and innocent Hermione who he adored and cherished. It was just suppose to be a favor. Just one little kiss to make her happy and that was it. But Merlin he had the biggest desire to taste her Just one taste.

On a soft desperate moan and pulled away from her lips and rested his forehead against hers. He could feel her breath fanning his lips and had to close his eyes to fight back his desire when she reached up and touched his mouth delicately with her fingers. “Hermione…”

“That was perfect, Harry,” she said as she looked up at him. “Perfect.”

Harry felt his heart warm when Hermione snaked her arms around his waist and held him tight. He hugged her back in return, placing his lips on top of her head. “It was perfect,” he agreed and held her close. So perfect in fact that he wanted to kiss her again. Instead, he kissed her cheek and pulled her back gently. “I better get you back.”

Hermione hid her disappointment with a smile. She wanted nothing more than to stay up here with Harry until the sun came up over the horizon. “Okay,” she finally said as he picked up the cloak. “Do I have be blindfolded again?”

He laughed and smiled at her. “No, not this time.” He wrapped the cloak around them both securely and gave her another grin. “You ready?”

“Yeah,” she said with a soft smile. “Ready.”

XXXX

A little short I know, but I didn’t want to leave you guys hanging. So, what you think? How long will Harry and Hermione pretend to ignore what happened on the balcony? When will they finally crack and go at each other like…ahem…well, you get the idea. Stay tuned for more!

28. Sneak Preview

Hey guys. Sorry it is taking so long it’s been kind of crazy for me and it’s only going to get crazier. I probably won’t get a full update in quite awhile with my birthday and Thanksgiving coming up, so I thought I’d give you guys a sneak preview of the next chapter. Just to hold you guys off until I can update a longer chapter.

So, enjoy the sneak preview and I’ll write the rest as soon as I can!

Harry Potter, know to be one of the greatest Seekers of the century, was up high on his broom as blurs of red and yellow zoomed below him. Harry would have caught the Snitch by now normally, but today was different because he couldn’t focus worth damn. Why exactly? Because instead of his eyes searching frantically for the Snitch, they kept finding there way back to Hermione who was sitting in the stands.

She looked so cute bundled up in her winter robes with her rosy cheeks and beaming smile. She had a scarf wrapped around her neck and of course it reminded him of that night. It had been a week since that night but everything that happened on that balcony was fresh in his mind. He still couldn’t believe he kissed her. Why did he ever think that was a good idea? Oh yeah, because it was supposed to be one short friendly peck on the lips and that would be the end of it.

But a short peck on the lips turned to a soft lingering kiss that burned right through him. She had been so sweet and her body so warm. Dammit, Potter! Get your head out of the gutter and back to the game! Now!

He made himself push Hermione into the back of his mind and put the game in the front of it. His eyes narrowed as he searched the skies and found it almost instantly, cursing himself for not noticing it sooner. He shot off like a rocket towards the small golden ball and was on for the chase. He wasn’t surprised when he felt the presence of the Hufflepuff seeker at his tail. Yeah right, like you have a chance, he thought with a grin as he let his broom go with a final nudge and his opponent ate his dust.

He saw the Snitch swoop down and he followed suit as he got closer and closer. He was heading towards the stands as he stretched out his arm to grab for it. “Come on, just a little bit closer…”

The snitch was inches away from his fingertips and he finally made a lunge for it. He felt his fingers clasp over the small twittering ball, but at a cost he lost his balance and felt himself start to slip. He hung on as long as he could but finally fell off his broom and landed right in the middle of the crowd. Someone had caught his legs, but his head fell right on top of someone’s lap and heard the roar of the crowd.

He blinked up to see the face of his best friend beaming down at him as the rest of the crowd bombarded him with pats and shouts of congratulations. His head had landed in Hermione’s lap and he continued to look up at her dumbly until finally she leaned her face down close to his own. “Nice catch,” she said only loud enough for him to hear her and then shocked him down to his toes when she gave him a loud smacking kiss right on his mouth.

She pulled back chuckling down at him as he still looked up at her stunned. Before he could even register what had happened, he felt himself being pulled away by his teammates. He managed to give Hermione a quick grin just before he was taken and swarmed by the members of his team. Someone had handed him back his broom and he was back in the air again, but his mind and thoughts were still back in Hermione’s lap.

29. Chapter 27

Hey guys! Long time huh? Good news though! I got a new laptop for my birthday and I just got internet connection! Also, I’ve been writing a lot while I was waiting so my first update back is a long and GOOOD one. I felt so bad for you guys having to wait, I’m definitely making it up to you with this. ENJOY!

OH! I decided to go ahead and make my sneak preview a chapter. So this is actually chapter 27, not 26

CHAPTER 26

The days seemed to fly by for Harry and before he knew it Christmas break was drawing near. He hardly saw Hermione unless it was at a meal or one of their shared classes. She was cramming as much information as she could before Christmas break to get ready for her NEWT.S.

“I need to study as much as I can,” Hermione told him one day as she was rushing out of their common room. “I plan on actually enjoying Christmas and not opening one book this year.”

Harry let out a laugh. “You’re kidding right?”

“Well, I’m going to try at least,” she said as she shouldered her bag. “So I need to be prepared. See you at dinner.”

Although everyone was planning on going back to Headquarters, including himself until he found out he had family. He wanted to spend his Christmas with Emma and although she was welcomed at Grimmuald place it was too risky and the safest plan was just to stay at Hogwarts. He’d miss being with his friends, but Emma had spent ten Christmases by herself and he wouldn’t let there be an eleventh or any more for the rest of her life.

The morning everyone was heading home, Harry got dressed and went down to the front gates to say goodbye to all his friends and wish them a Happy Christmas. “I wish you were coming with us,” Luna said as she gave Harry a hug. “But I know why you have to stay.”

He smiled. “Have a good Christmas, Luna. Take care of Ron, will ya? You know he’s going to need it.”

“Hey,” Ron scowled.

Luna giggled. “Don’t worry, we will.” She then turned to Ron. “I’ll go save us a seat.”

“Happy Christmas, Harry!” Ginny said giving him a hug. “Have fun with Emma.”

“I will, see you after the holidays.” He then shook hands with Draco. “Have a good one.”

“See ya, Potter.”

“Where’s Hermione?” Harry asked Ron as he looked around in the crowd.

He shrugged. “Don’t know, maybe she’s already on the train.”

“Oh,” Harry said disappointed. “I was hoping to say goodbye.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll tell her for you,” he said as he clapped his shoulder . “Have a good summer.”

“Yeah, you too,” he said as he shoved his hands in his jean pockets. As he watched his friends walk away he was puzzled on why Hermione didn’t say goodbye. It wasn’t like her. Was she mad at him? Did he do something wrong to upset her?

He sighed as he turned back around and made his way back to his empty common room. He had planned on getting some breakfast but now he was too upset to put anything in his stomach. Maybe she just forgot? Or didn’t have enough time? He really wanted to say goodbye to her, he had missed her the last couple of weeks. After her friendly kiss in the stands a short month ago, he had a hard time getting her out of his mind. He knew it didn’t mean anything more than a congratulations, but it didn’t mean he didn’t notice the feel of her lips against his and how soft they were. Or he didn’t fail to realize how much he wanted to kiss her again and that scared him more than anything else.

“I’ve got to get her out of my head,” he muttered to himself as he walked through the portrait hole. Maybe he’d go get his broom and fly around the pitch for awhile to get his head straight He wasn’t suppose to meet Emma until later today, they were planning on going to visit Hagrid in the invisibility cloak.

He trotted up the stairs to his room, taking two steps at a time and then opened the door only to be surprised by the sight of Hermione lounging on his bed petting Crookshanks who was curled up at the foot of it. “Hermione?”

She looked up and smiled. “Hey, Harry.”


“What are you doing here?” Harry asked as he closed the door behind him. “You missed the train.”

“Well,” she said as she got up from the bed and soothed out her blouse. “I decided to stay here for the holidays.”

Harry pushed his hands in his pockets and rocked back on his heels. “Really?” he asked as he gave her a small smile.

She giggled at his shyness. “Yeah. I know you want to spend it with Emma and I won’t get in the way, but..”

“Are you kidding?” he asked as he stepped towards her. “You won’t get in the way at all, you’re my family too, you know.”

Hermione smiled brightly before launching herself at him in one of her famous hugs. “Oh Harry, we’re going to have so much fun!”

He grinned as he hugged her back then playfully picked her up from the floor, causing her to laugh. “So this is why you’ve been cramming,” he said in her ear. “You knew you were staying here.”

“I wanted to surprise you,” she said as she leaned back to look at him. He still held her so her face was slightly higher than his. “Were you surprised.”

“Very.” He then kissed the tip of her nose and settled her on her feet. “I thought you were mad at me. I couldn’t understand why you didn’t say goodbye.”

“I’m sorry. I told everyone not to say anything. I really wanted to surprise you.”

“I’m really glad you’re here.” Harry sat on the edge of the bed and Crookshanks got up to greet him. He rubbed his face against Harry’s hand, urging him to pet him. Harry obliged as Hermione sat next to him. “Crookshanks and I have bonded while you’ve been studying.”

“I know. Other than me you’re the only one he really likes. He despises Ron.”

Harry chuckled. “I don’t blame him. I wouldn’t like the person who accused me of murder either.”

Hermione smiled and then patted Harry’s leg. ‘Have you eaten anything yet?”

Harry shook his head and realized his stomach started to growl. “No, not yet. But I am hungry. I was going to go for a quick ride on my broomstick though.” He grinned at Hermione. “Wanna tag along?”

“Ha, I don’t think so,” Hermione said as she got up from the bed. “But let’s go eat and if you still want to ride I’ll watch.”

Harry stood up. “I think I can live with that,” he said and then unconsciously grabbed her hand. “Let’s go.”

XXXX

“I’m so excited about going to visit Hagrid,” Emma said who was walking closely in front of Harry and Hermione as all three of them were squeezed under the invisible cloak. “Is it true that he has all sorts of creatures inside?”

Harry and Hermione shared a smile. “With Hagrid you’ll never know,” Harry said with a slight laugh.

“Our first year we witnessed a dragon being born,” Hermione told her.

“A dragon?” Emma asked. “Do you think he’ll have one today?”

“Merlin, I hope not,” Harry laughed. “Norbert was quite a handful.”

“Norbert?”

“Hagrid named him Norbert.”


“Doesn’t he still have the dragon?” she asked as they walked across the grounds and headed towards the hut.

“Are you kidding? Norbert would have swallowed the hut whole by now. Or just burned it down.”

“Harry and I actually had to sneak it up to the Astronomy tower in this cloak. Ron’s brother works with them and agreed to take him.”

“Wow,” she said as Harry reached over her and knocked on Hagrid’s door.

Hagrid opened the door and filled the whole doorway. “Harry?” he whispered. “That you?”

“Yes.”

“Well come in, come in,” he said as he opened the door for them.

Once the door was closed the three emerged from the cloak. “Hi Hagrid!” Emma beamed as she ran to him, wrapping her tiny arms around him as much as she could.

“ ‘Ello, Emma,” he said patting her little head. “Good teh see yeh. How’s school treatin’ ya?”

“Fine, I got an ‘O’ on my Transfiguration essay.”

“Well done, I knew yeh’d do well. Now come…sit down, just brewed up a pot of tea.”

The three of them sat down as Hagrid poured them a cup of tea as he asked how Harry and Hermione were doing. “Fine Hagrid,” Hermione said with a smile. “We’re excited about the Holidays.”

“Hermione’s actually going to try and not study all break.”

“Oh hush,” Hermione said.

Hagrid laughed. “He do have a point, ‘Ermione.”

Harry chuckled. “See?”

The three of them stayed at Hagrid’s for over an hour as they talked about school and other stories. Everyone laughed as Emma talked about when Jayce accidentally blew up a harmless potion in Snape’s face. “He got a detention of course, but I told him it was worth it seeing Snape covered in pink goo.”

Once three cups of tea were consumed and two pieces of rock cakes were forced down, the three of them finally said good bye. Harry and Hermione dropped off Emma at Gryffindor common room and told her they’d see her later tonight at dinner.

XXXX

The next morning Harry slept in, sleeping till close to ten before finally crawling out of bed. He shuffled his way to the window to see they were in the middle of a downpour and he could hardly see outside. He shook his head in puzzlement. It was Christmas Eve tomorrow and not one drop of snowflake had fallen yet. It was definitely a late winter.

He turned his back on the window and slid on his bedroom slippers before heading out to see if Hermione was up yet. He was dressed in a plain white shirt and a pair of red and gold plaid pajama bottoms. He didn’t even bother to fix his hair, he knew it was a mess but it wasn’t like he could do anything about it anyway. His hair did whatever it wanted and he had no say in it.

When he made it to the common room he saw Hermione hunkered down in their overly large squishy chair that they always playfully fought over since it was the most comfortable. She was sitting sideways with her feet dangling over one arm of the chair and her back nestled against the other. Hedwig was perched on the back of the chair while she snoozed happily with her face buried in her feathers while Hermione casually stroked her with her free hand. She also had a book lying open on her lap and her brown eyes were traveling back and forth. Busted. “Well good morning, Hermione.” She gasped and looked up from her book. Hedwig whipped her head alarmingly and when she realized it was him she gave him an annoyed hoot and buried her head once more. “Doing a little…studying?”

She sighed as she gave him an impatient book. “No,” she said as she held up the book. “It’s a Muggle fiction book my mother sent me.”

“Really?” he asked as he walked over to her. “I didn’t know you read fiction.”

“I started last summer, I was bored and found one of her books and started one.”

Harry lifted the paperback cover and read the title. “Good in Bed? Honestly, Hermione just what exactly are you reading?”

“It’s not about that,” she huffed as she tore the book away from his fingers. “It’s about a woman who’s slightly overweight struggling with it and finding love. Quite funny actually.”

“Sounds like it,” he chuckled as he watched her get back to the book. “You going to ignore me?”

“Until I’m at a stopping point.”

“At least your honest,” he muttered as he sat down on the couch.

“You can look through the package she sent me. Hedwig brought it to me. It’s sweet that she goes by my parents to see if they need her.”

Harry reached over and pulled the open package towards him. “She just realizes that your parents don’t have an owl so she’s helping you out.”

“And I love her for it,” Hermione said as she continued petting her.

Harry rummaged through the books which mostly looked like books that girls would read, but finally picked a paperback cover called The Donovan Legacy by an author named Nora Roberts. He flipped through the book to realize it was three stories in one book about cousins who to his astonishment, were witches. “Hey, this is about witches,” he said holding up the book.

Hermione looked up and smiled. “Oh yeah, my mom sent me that and thought I’d get a kick out of it. Apparently, she writes a lot of stories about modern day witches. Nothing like us according to her, but interesting to say the least.”

His brows rose as he looked at the book than shrugged and stretched out on the couch. “Got nothing else to do, might as well,” he said as he got situated opening the books to the first page and began to read…

She was born the night the Witch Tree fell. With the first breath she drew, she tasted the power--the richness of it, and the bitterness. Her birth was one more link in a chain that spanned centuries, a chain that was often glided with the sheen folklore and legend. But when the chain was rubbed clean, it held fast, tempered by the strength of truth…

Okay, first paragraph kind of draws you in, he admitted. Might as well read some more.

An hour into it Harry was hooked and totally fell in love with Morgana Donovan, the passionate witch who sounded very hot by Nora Roberts excellent descriptions. Nash Kirkland. The poor Muggle didn’t know what he was getting himself into. Course, he wasn’t called a Muggle in the story. A guy who makes a living writing horror movies and interviews Morgana because she’s rumored to be a witch. Man, he’s going to be shocked when he finds out she is one, he thought as he turned the page and kept reading.

“When did you decide you were a witch?” Nash Kirkland asked.

“Probably when I levitated out of my crib,” Morgana mildly, and watched laughter form in his eyes.

Harry chuckled under his breath. “Sucker,” he muttered.

“Enjoying yourself, Harry?”

“Huh? What?” he asked as he looked up at Hermione as if she had just appeared.

“You must be into it, I said your name twice.”

“Oh. Sorry.” He sat up and rubbed his tired eyes. “I just got hooked is all.”

“Really? I’ll have to read it when your done.”

“I want to have Morgana’s children,” Harry sighed.

She let out a laugh. “Excuse me?”

“Witch in the story. She’s great.” He settled back down and started to read again only to be interrupted when Hermione tore the book out of his hands. “Hey.”

“I think we both need a break from reading,” she laughed as she helped him to his feet. “It stopped raining and we still haven’t had breakfast. Let’s go eat and maybe go for a walk around the lake. We haven’t done that in awhile.”

“Maybe your right, some fresh air sounds good,” he said as he stretched his tired body. “I’ll meet you back down here.”

“Sounds good.”

XXX

After breakfast Harry and Hermione made their way outside. Even though it hadn’t snowed yet, it was still very cold outside so they were bundled up in their winter clothes. Harry grabbed Hermione’s hand as helped her over a large puddle and together walked on the soft wet ground around the lake. Their shoes squeaked and the wind slapped against them, whipping through their hair as they trucked on.

“I probably won’t make our usual three laps,” Harry said as he pulled a shivering Hermione closer to him to keep her warm.

“Tell me about it. I love the cold though. I always get so excited when I first see my breath. I know it’s silly but it puts me in a good mood.”

“Not silly at all,” he said as he squeezed her tight.

“Oh, look Harry a rainbow!” Hermione exclaimed as she pointed to the sky where the arch of colors streaked over the lake.

They stopped to look at it and Hermione walked towards the edge of the lake. “It’s so beautiful. I wonder if there really is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.”

“I wouldn’t be surprised if there was,” he said with a grin.

Hermione turned and headed back towards Harry but unfortunately wasn’t looking where she was going and slipped on a puddle of mud. Hermione yelped as she fell backwards flat on her back right in the mud and looked up to see an amused Harry looking down at her. “Are you okay?” he asked as he tried not to laugh.

She scowled up at him. “I’m lying in a pit of mud and I’m freezing. Does it look like I’m okay, Harry?”

Harry shrugged in amusement. “Just thought I’d be polite and ask.”

“Well, why don’t you be polite and help me up instead?” she asked crossly as she held out her hand

He grinned as he gripped her hand planning on helping her up, but to his surprise Hermione yanked hard on it, causing him to slip and fall face first into the mud. Hermione cackled with laughter next to him as Harry lifted his face out of the mud. “I should have seen that coming,” he muttered as he straightened his crooked glasses back on his nose.

Hermione was still laughing hysterically. “Oh Harry, you should see your face…it’s covered in mud. You look…”

She didn’t get to finish her sentence because a handful of mud smacked against her face. She gasped as she felt the cold mud stream down her nose and cheeks as Harry’s white teeth flashed beneath his mud covered face. “Oh, you did not just do that,” she whispered.

“Oh yeah I did,” he said as he held his stomach in laughter. “And if I look as ridiculous as you do, I now know why you were laughing.”

“You think this is over?” she asked as she grabbed a handful of mud and plopped it right on top of his head. “Think again.”

Harry’s mouth dropped as he looked at Hermione’s smug face in shock. “You want a war, Hermione?” he asked as he flung chunks of mud off his face. “You got one.”

Hermione yelped when Harry lunged for her tackling her right in the mud. “Harry!” she shrieked as he pressed her head into the mud as far as he could. “You are dead!”

They rolled together in the mud, both laughing without a care in the world as mud was pushed into faces and hair. Hermione even managed to sneak a handful of mud down his shirt causing Harry to retaliate by finally pinning her down on her back. He grabbed her muddy hands and pressed them into the mud above her head as he laid his whole body on top of her.

They were out of breath and their faces were inches apart. “Give up, Granger?” Harry asked with a wide grin.

Hermione huffed out a breath. “For now I suppose.” She shook her head in delight. “You have mud all over your face.”

“Hermione, I’ve got mud places I didn’t think mud could reach,” he pointed with a breathless laugh.

Hermione giggled underneath him. “I can’t believe we just wrestled in the mud.”

“That’s definitely a first for us,” he teased.

Hermione bit her lips as she looked up at him. “We’re definitely doing a lot of firsts lately, aren’t we?”

Harry’s smile dropped slowly at her words, but his heart dropped in a dead weight at the pit of his stomach. What did she exactly mean by that? Oh, he knew she was talking about the kiss, but did she want it to happen again? He got his answer when noticed her eyes shifting to his lips as she continued to bite her lip nervously. “Hermione,” he murmured as he dipped his head an inch closer to hers.

Hermione slipped a hand behind his head, gripping strands of mud caked hair as she pulled him down to her. They were a breath away from each other when the sound of thunder roared through the sky, causing them both to jump apart. Seconds later rain came pounding down on them both as Harry tried to shield her as best he could. “We better get inside,” he yelled to her over the rain and started to get up.

Before he could get up, Hermione yanked him back down on top of her and framed his face with her hands. “I like it just fine here thanks,” she said before she pulled him down for the kiss they’ve been wanting for weeks.

Harry muffled a moan of surprise as he felt his wet lips rub against her own, causing heat to spread throughout his body warming him from the freezing rain. He let all his weight back on her when he finally got over the shock and kissed her back exactly the way he wanted to that night on the balcony. He bit her bottom lip gently, causing her to gasp which he took advantage of and plunged his tongue into her awaiting mouth.

She groaned as she gripped handfuls of his hair, reaching out with her own tongue as it sensuously rubbed against Harry’s. It made her whole body quiver and it had nothing to do with the cold. His breath was hot as he breathed against her lips between quick breaks and his tongue stabbing into her mouth over and over again made her body ache with wanting. What she wanted she didn’t exactly know, but she did know kissing Harry in the rain was absolutely delicious.

They rolled together in the mud as the rain still pounded and their lips were still glued together. Harry was now on his back and Hermione was draped on top of him as their lips flirted and their tongues touched. This was heaven, Harry thought as he framed her face gently and let her take the lead into the kiss. That night on the balcony he got a tiny taste of her but right now he got the whole serving and he ate it up greedily as if she were a Christmas feast. She was a fantastic kisser, which probably shouldn’t surprise him. His Hermione was good at everything. She was sweet, gentle and passionate all rolled up in one and he knew he could easily share all his kisses with her for the rest of his life.

“Hermione…we should…probably head…” He moaned when she kissed him deeply. Did she just roll her tongue in is mouth? “Inside,” he finished on a gasp when Hermione finally led up.

“Why?” she whispered against his lips. “It’s a beautiful day.”

He smiled and kissed her as he nipped at her lips gently. “Definitely agree with you there,” he said as he looked up at her in adoration. “But I don’t want you to catch a cold and I think we’d enjoy this much better next to a fire.”

“Really?” she asked intrigued as she took a quick nibble on the tip of his chin. “Well, you got a point there.”

“Let’s go then before things get out of hand again,” he said as he sat up and helped her to their feet. He grabbed her hand and together they ran to the castle. “I would cast a protective bubble around us, but we’re already wet enough not to make a difference.”

They laughed together as they busted through the double doors of the castle and made their way to their room. They held hands and sometimes even stopped long enough to share a few quick kisses along the way.

“What in the bloody hell do you two think your doing!?”

Harry and Hermione both stopped short and let out a silent gasp. “Mr. Filch,” Harry said as he tried so hard not to laugh. “Er…we were just…”

“You are tracking mud on the floor!” he bellowed angrily.

“Oh…we…didn’t realize,” Hermione said as she too was biting her lip to keep from laughing.

“What were you two doing? Rolling around in the mud?”

And that finally did it. They both busted out laughing, bending over as they held their stomachs in delight. “Yes,” Harry managed to get out. “That’s exactly…what we’ve…been doing.”

Hermione’s vision was blurred through the tears her eyes were forming from laughing so hard as Filch muttered and cursed as he stalked away. She held onto Harry as they stumbled towards their room still laughing at the whole situation. They finally managed to control themselves when they walked into their common room, but still laughing breathlessly.

Harry smiled at Hermione as he felt the happiness that rarely came out fill him up completely. She was covered in mud, her hair was out of control, but her smile was radiant and to him she never looked more beautiful. “C’mere,” he said as he reached out for her and pulled her close. He cupped the side of her face and bent his head for a kiss as he snaked his other arm around her waist.

She smiled against his lips as she leaned up on her toes and circled her arms around his neck. He smiled back but kept on kissing her until he finally slid his tongue between the seam of her lips. She moaned as she held him tighter and when he lifted her up she immediately wrapped her legs around his waist.

That excited Harry more than anything so he turned the kiss up a notch as shuffled his way towards the nearest wall and backed her up against it. He still couldn’t believe this was happening. Just this morning they hadn’t crossed that line and now they were going at it like a couple of horny teenagers that they were.

“Harry,” she gasped and pulled away but groaned when he moved his lips to her neck. “Harry, wait…”

“What?” he asked as he leaned back to look at her. “What’s wrong?”

“Harry, look at us,” she said with a laugh. “We’re nasty.”

“Huh. Well, not that nasty yet, but that can be arranged”

“Harry!” she laughed as she pushed him away and put her feet back to the floor. “I meant we’re dirty.

He grinned. “What’s your point?”

“The point is, now that we’re inside and not in the rain, I need a shower.”

“But Hermione,” he pouted. “What about the whole lying by the fire plan?”

“We will.” She kissed him quickly on the lips. “After my shower.”

Harry watched her walk towards the stairs and then ran after her. “Hey, want to save water and shower together?”

If Hermione didn’t realize Harry was teasing she would have been insulted. “Maybe some other time,” she said as they made it by their rooms. “See you in a few.”

Before she could leave he yanked her back to him causing her to yelp. He kissed her long and hard until they were both breathless. “Shower fast,” he said breathlessly then turned and headed to his own room.

Hermione stood there stunned as she started to fan herself. “Wow. I was definitely right. He’s a damn good kisser.”

30. Chapter 28

Here’s more. I’m actually working on “Tango” right now so maybe I’ll be able to update tomorrow on that one as well. EnjoyJ

Chapter 28

Harry tried to shower as fast as he could so he could continue what he started with Hermione. Unfortunately, it took awhile to rinse away all the mud that was on him. Hermione was right. They definitely needed to stop long enough to shower.

Once he was mud free and squeaky clean he dried off and tugged on a pair of his boxers over his hips. He rummaged through his closet until he found a pair of his jeans that had just been freshly washed. He then quickly pulled over his plain white shirt as he shuffled his way to the door. He didn’t even bother putting on shoes, he knew they weren’t going anywhere for awhile. He beat Hermione to the common room so he decided to grab the book and read some more while he waited. He lounged himself onto the couch and opened up to his marked page and continued on with the story.

He hadn’t gone very far at all when the book was torn away from his hands by none other than Hermione. Before he could retaliate she tossed the book aside and straddled him, sitting a little to harder on his stomach then necessary. “Hermione,” he grunted as he looked up at her beaming face. “Gently, please?”

She giggled as she put to hands by his head and loomed over him. “Sorry, but your fantasies about Morgana will have to be put on hold.”

He grinned and then leaned up to a sitting position as he circled his arms around her waist bringing her close. “Why fantasize when the real deal just dropped in my lap?”

She smiled and let him coax her with quick tiny kisses. “The whole time I was in the shower…” She closed her eyes when moved his kisses down her neck. “I couldn’t believe what had happened.” She gasped when his tongue flicked out to taste her skin. “I still can’t believe it.”

“Believe it,” he mumbled against her skin. “Merlin, you smell good.”

She arched her neck to give him more access. “You told me that…that night on the broom.”

“Hmm. I meant it then and I mean it now.” He started to move his lips back up to her face. “You know what else I like?”

“What’s that?” she whispered.

His lips flirted with hers. “Your mouth.” He groaned as took a quick nip at them. “It’s like another world.” He then tasted her deeply. “I could kiss you all day.”

“Well, lucky for us,” she said breathlessly. “We have no where to be for awhile.”

“Damn lucky.” He plunged his tongue into her mouth as he pressed a hand against the small of her back, urging her closer. He groaned when she moved against him while their tongues continued to meet over and over again in a desperate rhythm. His fingers moved to her face cupping it gently while her hands were lost in his still damp hair. Merlin, why had they waited so long? He knew…he always knew in the back of his mind that things were always different with Hermione. Why did they waste so much time?”

He groaned in frustration as he leaned forward, causing her to topple on her back and he followed suite. He nestled on top of her as they kept right on kissing her passionately while his hands started to roam. A hand traveled down the arch of her neck, over the sides of her breast past her hips and then…to soft skin. On a groan he pulled away shocked and looked down to see himself wrapped in a long pair of shapely naked limbs. “Hermione, just what exactly do you have all one,” he said in awe as he looked back down at her.

She grinned seductively. “Oh, just one of your old school shirts you’ve outgrown,” she said looking down at the starch white buttoned shirt that once belonged to Harry a few years back. “And then there’s my underwear and…that’s about it.”

Harry stared at her in shock with his mouth opened. But then he groaned as he leaned his head back down. “Merlin, you must be trying to torture me.”

Hermione giggled against his mouth and then laughed when he rolled them right off the couch and onto the soft rug by the fire. He was now on his back and she on top while she propped herself on her hands, her back arched and her bare legs were tangled with his denim covered ones. “And if I was trying to torture you?” she asked as she moved her hips slightly against hers.

He groaned as he gripped her hips to keep her still. “I’d say you were succeeding with flying colors, Granger.”

She smiled and leaned down to kiss him softly. “Good to know,” she said and kissed him again.

“I should warn you,” he said between kisses.

“What?”

“I can be…pretty good at…torturing as well.”

Hermione yelped he flipped her over onto her back in a lightening flash and then groaned loudly when he moved against her but more roughly than she had. “See?”

She could only nod her head as she anxiously reached for him desperate for his kisses again. Harry obliged as he coaxed her with his lips and tongue as she clung to him urgently. She always told herself that when she became intimate with a boy she would try and take it slow. However, she didn’t know how slow she would be able to take when Harry Potter kissed her as if his life and hers depended on it.

XXX

“A little to the left,” Fred instructed his twin brother as he watched the mistletoe float in midair. It was their latest products they had been working on and they had to do a few tests before it was perfect. They had hoped to get it out this year, but they had a slight accident which caused George to want to kiss everything in sight and that was no good.

“It has to be perfect to when the person walks in they’ll for sure walk under it,” George said as he kept his wand trained on the mistletoe.

“There, right there,” Fred said as he held up his hands. “That’s perfect. Keep a permanent floating charm on it and all we have to do is wait for our first victim.”

“Ron, are you coming?” Luna’s voice echoed from outside the drawing room.

“Tell mum I’ll be right down!” his voice boomed.

“Perfect!” Fred boasted. “Luna and Ron. The perfect test couple.”

“Luna, could you come in here a moment,” George called out while Fred snickered beside him.

The doors to the drawing room flung open and Luna breezed in. “What do you two want? We’re suppose to head down for…ahh!”

“Brilliant!” Fred said when Luna all of the sudden was frozen to the floor.

Luna waved her arms as she fought to keep her balance. “Why can’t I move?”

“No worries, Luna,” George said as he went over to steady her. “Just doing a little test on our new product.” He then pointed above her head with a grin.

Luna looked up and her mouth dropped. “Mistletoe?” she asked and then scowled at them. “Mistletoe!”

“No need to get upset, luv,” Fred said with a smile. “The first bloke you see has to give you a kiss.”

“What do you mean? I saw you first, didn’t I?”

“Oh no, no, no,” Fred said as he shook his head. “We made sure the mistletoe doesn’t work on us. One of the many benefits of being the founder of them.”

“Ugh, so what am I suppose to do? Wait here until someone…”

“There you are,” Ron said as he walked into the room. “What are you doing in here, we need to be in the kitchen for dinner.”

Luna’s mouth dropped when her eyes made contact with Ron. “Uhhhh…”

“And we have winner ladies and gentlemen!” Fred said as he yanked Ron forward.

“Huh?” he asked dumbly as Fred positioned him in front of Luna. He eyed her and noticed she was blushing. “What’s going on?”

“Er…I’m kind of…stuck,” she mumbled as she looked up to the ceiling. “Thanks to Fred and George’s new product.”

Ron followed his gaze up to see a mistletoe dangling above Luna’s head and he swallowed the large lump in his throat. “Oh.”

“And you dear brother of mine,” George said as he thumped him on the back. “Are the only one who can free her.”

“Me?!” he asked frantically. “Why me??”

“Because, it only works on the first person they see and you were it.”

“But…”

“And it doesn’t work on us, so don’t ask,” George pointed out.”

“So let me get this straight,” Ron said as he took a deep breath. “Luna is pretty much glued to the floor unless…I kiss her, correct?”

“That’s correct. Now, pucker up little brother,” Fred said as he nudged him.

“Hey, lay off,” Ron said as he shoved him away. He couldn’t believe his luck. Granted, he wanted to kiss Luna again but this was not the way he pictured it and he didn’t plan on having an audience. “All right. Fine. But you guys need to leave.”

“What?” Fred said.

“No way, we need to be here and make sure it works, you know…study it.”


“I’ll tell you aaaalll about it,” he mumbled as he grabbed his twin brothers and started to shove him out the door.

“But Ron we need to…”

“Out you go,” he said as he pushed him out.

Fred turned around. “One more thing, Ron. Since it’s still in working process. One little kiss might not cut it…if you get my drift.“

“Gee, thanks for the tip.“ Ron slammed the door in his face and locked the door. He sighed and turned back towards Luna. “Stupid gits,” he mumbled as he walked to her.

Luna sighed as she looked down at her feet. “I’m sorry they put you in this position.”

Ron looked at her weirdly. “What are you talking about?”

She shrugged. “I know you would rather it be someone else and…”

“Woah, wait a minute,” he said holding out his hand. “Why do you think that?”

Luna glanced up at him then. “Well…I know you don’t see me that way and…”

“Oh you do? And where did you come up with this information?”

“Er…I just…assumed that…”

“Never assume, Luna,” he said as he stepped closer to her. “That will always get you in trouble.” He then tilted her chin up until she met his gaze and gave her a soft smile before their lips touched. He kept it sweet and gentle and only long enough where he got a hint of what she tasted like. “Can you move?” he whispered.

“Not yet,” she murmured as she licked her lips.

“Well, we better try it again.” He moved his hand to the side of her face and pressed his lips to hers once more, but this time more firmly. He stepped closer, snaking an arm around her waist and pulling her towards him.

Luna let out a whimper as she lifted her arms around his neck and then slightly opened her mouth to him. Their tongues touched and something inside Luna burst inside of her as she clung to him desperately. Her fingers dove into his hair and gripped tightly as Ron plunged his tongue into her mouth over and over again. She met each stroke as she felt her legs start to warm up and finally noticed she could move. “I’m free,” she murmured between kisses.

“Want me to stop?” he asked breathlessly into her mouth before tasting her again.

“Mmmm….not on your life,” she groaned and surprised him by jumping up and wrapping her legs around him.

He muffled a grunt against her lips but immediately retaliated by placing his hands on her bottom to hold her properly. Yeah, this was much better, he thought as he started to shuffle his way to the door and pressed her back against it. He could just stay here and kiss her like this all night. I wonder if his mother would notice they were gone.

“Ron! Luna! What’s keeping you?” her voice shrilled from the kitchen.

Then again, maybe not, he thought on a groan as he pulled away from her mouth. “Um…be right there, Muuuumph.” His last word was muffled against Luna’s demanding lips and she pulled her down so hard he had to slam a hand on the door to keep his balance. Merlin, she was amazing!

“Luna,” he gasped as he finally managed to pull away. “We should probably…mmm….go.”

“Yeah, probably,” she said breathlessly as she held his face in her hands. “I’ve been wanting to do that for forever.”

“Really?” he grinned as he set her down on her feet. “Me too. Meet me down here later tonight? Say midnight?”

“It’s a date,” she said as she gave him a quick kiss. She quickly smooth down her hair and straightened her blouse and finally walked out of the drawing room.

Fred and George had to bite their lips to keep from laughing when they saw their brother come shuffling in the kitchen with his hair all mussed and a dumb smile on his face. “Everything all right?” Fred asked with a snicker as Ron sat down in front of him.

He grinned. “Perfect. Not a thing needs changing.”

“What are you talking about?” Ginny asked in confusion.

“Don’t ask,” Luna said and shared a smile with Ron.

Under the table Ron reached over and caressed her thigh. He couldn’t wait until midnight.

31. Chapter 29

Hey guys. I tried to find time to write more but I couldn’t do it. And with Christmas coming up it’s only getting crazier. I’m going to go ahead and post this short update and hopefully I’ll find the time to write the next part soon. Have a great Christmas everyone!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter 29

They had skipped lunch and hadn’t even realized it until Harry’s stomach started grumbling. They were still lying by the fire snuggled up together under a blanket both perfectly content and not wanting to move. “You’re stomach is making noises, Harry,” Hermione said as she lifted a head and looked down at him.

“Sorry,” he said with a grin. “Guess I’m a little hungry.”

“You’re not the only one,” she said as she sat up. “Why don’t we go to the kitchens and see if Dobby can whip up some soup or sandwiches.”

“Sounds like a plan,” he said as he sat up as well. “Er…but first maybe you should go change.”

She giggled and kissed him on the mouth. “Good idea.”

Fifteen minutes later they were both sitting at a table in the kitchen sharing a pumpkin pie and whip cream. The house elves were bustling in the background getting ready for Christmas Eve dinner as Harry and Hermione satisfied their hungry appetites. “Not exactly what I had in mind for lunch,” Harry said as he smeared a piece of his pie in whip cream. “But it will do.”

“I think it’s perfect,” she said as she reached over and rubbed off some whip cream at the corner of his mouth.

Harry casually kissed her thumb before continuing with his eating. “So…should we talk about the drastic change in our relationship?”

“I guess that be the smart thing to do,” she said with a shrug. “Although it doesn’t seem weird, does it?”

“Not at all,” he said with a smile as he chewed his latest bite. “Like we’ve always been together.”

“In a way we have I think.” She set her fork aside and folded her arms on the table. “Even if we were too stupid to realize it. I mean, I should have when I was completely jealous of Cho during our fifth year.”

Harry looked up from his pie at that and blinked. “You were?”

She sighed. “Yeah. Well, to be honest probably since third year. That’s when I noticed you had a crush on her.”

He shook his head. “I wondered when you noticed after that comment you made fifth year? After the meeting at Hog’s Head. I silently wondered how you knew.”

“Well, unlike you and Ron I am very aware of peoples feelings. You were very transparent with your feelings for Cho. Didn’t take much to figure it out.”

“And you were jealous?” he asked with a teasing grin.

“Yes, but mostly I just didn’t like her.” She picked up her fork and decided one or two more bites couldn’t hurt. “She seemed nice at first, but then it was obvious she just wanted attention and she knew dating you would give her that. You deserve better than that.”

His heart ached at her words. “I have better now.” He leaned over the table and she met him half way and they kissed. “Much better.”

“Harry Potter!”

They pulled away to see Dobby standing their with a look of surprise and happiness on his face. “Dobby….”

“Is Harry Potter finally dating his Hermione, sir?”

Harry grinned while Hermione suppressed a giggle. “Yes, Dobby. I’m finally dating my Hermione.”

“Oh, Dobby is thrilled, sir! Dobby always knew no girl deserved Harry Potter’s love other than his Hermione. I did sir!”

“I’m sure you did,” Harry said with a laugh. “You were always smart, Dobby.”

“Thank you, sir!”

“Dobby, I was wondering if you could do us a favor,” he said as they got up from the table.

“Anything sir! Anything for Harry and his Hermione!”

“Do you think you can set up a small table for four up in our common room tonight. We’re having a private dinner.”

“Consider it done, sir!”

“Four people?” Hermione asked as they walked out of the kitchen. “Who’s the fourth?”

“Jayce actually,” Harry said as they walked down the corridors hand in hand. “Emma asked if he could come. Apparently his parents had to make an emergency trip to America, his grandfather who lives there is sick. Since Jayce and his siblings are too young to Apparate they had to stay here for the holidays.”

“And Emma wants him to have a good Christmas,” she said finally understanding. “It’s so sweet that she has a friend like that. Reminds me of us when we were that age.”

Harry smiled and kissed her hand that was joined with his. “It’s going to be a great Christmas.”

And it could very well be my last.

32. Chapter 30

Okay, so at work it was really slow, so I wrote some more and then just e-mailed it to my laptop at home so it would be ready for me to update as soon as I got here. It’s pretty long and has three different ships. And for those who are wanting more Ginny/Draco, don’t worry I haven’t forgotten them!

Chapter 30

Dobby couldn’t have done it any better. He set up a table for four by the window so they could watch the newly fresh snowflakes fall from the sky. The four laughed and talked rapidly as they munched on hot crescent rolls, creamy mash potatoes drenched in gravy and of course for the final touch, delicious pumpkin pie topped with whip cream; one of Harry and Hermione’s personal favorites since earlier that afternoon.

After dinner the empty plates magically disappeared and hot fresh coco appeared with marshmallows. They all made a cup and retired to the den by the fire where Harry and Jayce started to strike up a conversation about Quidditch. “You were awesome during the last match,” Jayce said with his eyes wide in excitement. “That was so cool when you fell in the crowd! I was the one who gave you your broom back.”

Harry laughed. “Well, thanks. Who’s your favorite Quidditch team?”

Hermione rolled her eyes at Emma. “I’ll be right back. This Quidditch talk is driving me crazy.”

Emma giggled and nodded her head. The guys didn’t notice since they were now talking about the Quidditch cup a few years ago, which Jayce did participate in with his family. “I was eight then and my brothers and I waited for autographs after the game. I got Victor Krum’s autograph!”

Harry chuckled. “You need to tell that to Hermione. She’s good friends with Victor.”

“Really? Wow. Best friends with Harry Potter and friends with Victor Krum! She’s lucky!”

“Girlfriend,” he corrected with a grin. “Harry Potter’s girlfriend.”

“Oh, right,” he said slightly blushing. “I forgot.”

“That’s all right,” he laughed. “Honestly, I’m not quite use to saying it myself.”

“Okay, I’m back,” Hermione said as she strolled into the room with a thick book in her arms. “Come over here, Emma.”

Harry watched Hermione sit down in the love seat and Emma sat next to her. “Your photo album? Hermione, why do you have to show her that?”

“I thought it would be fun for her to see pictures of us during our years here,” she said opening the first page. “Oh, there’s Harry and Ron during first year…”

Harry sighed as he looked at Jayce. “Hermione kept a photo album since first year and we didn’t even know until last year. Where did you even get the photos first year, Collin wasn’t even here yet.”

“From around. A few people had cameras and I just got copies. This one was taken after Harry won his first match. Remember, Harry?” she asked holding it up.

Harry got up and sat on the arm of the chair so he could look properly. He motioned for Jayce to do the same and he settled on the other armchair next to Emma. He looked at the picture of himself and Hermione someone had taken randomly. He barely remembered it but they were sitting on the couch and he and Hermione were discussing something, probably what happened after the match. At the time they thought Snape was trying to jinx his broom. During their discussion, someone had told them to smile and Harry looked up as well as Hermione, who leaned into Harry just a bit as it was taken. Their smiles were both quick and nervous, but it was a smile nonetheless. “How did you get a copy of this?”

“A seventh year girl took it,” she said with a smile. “I timidly asked her if I could have a copy and she told me I could have the original. She was very nice. She’s whom I got most of the pictures from. Her name was Jackie something…she actually takes pictures for Witch Weekly last I heard.”

“You all look so young,” Emma said as she looked at the pictures. “When was this taken?”

Harry and Hermione looked at the picture of them and Ron sitting under a tree. They had books lying out in front of them and they stopped studying long enough to smile and wave at the camera. “That was second year. A few days before I got petrified.”

“A memory I do not wish to remember,” Harry said grimly.

“Petrified?” Emma asked.

“Long story,” Hermione said with a small smile as she reached up to grab Harry’s hand that was resting on his leg.

He squeezed it but kept his eyes on the album as she turned to the next page. “Oh look! It’s me riding Buckbeak during third year. Who took that?”

“Collin did. He saw you flying on him so he took a picture. He gave it to me.”

“What is that?” Jayce asked.

“It’s a Hippogriff isn’t it?” Emma asked looking at both Harry and Hermione.

“Yep, that one is named Buckbeak. It belonged to Hagrid. Hermione and I went back in time to save his life.” Emma and Jayce’s jaw dropped. “Another long story.”

They spent the next thirty minutes going through the album, looking at pictures all throughout their years at Hogwarts. There were pictures of the Yule Ball where Jayce got excited when he saw one of Victor and Hermione. Hermione blushed when Harry commented on how beautiful she had looked that night. “My jaw literally dropped to the floor…no lie.”

They saw pictures of fifth and sixth year, which were mainly Harry and Hermione pictures since fifth year was the start of when their relationship became stronger. “This one is one of my favorites,” Hermione laughed as she pointed to one of her and Harry. “It was taken fifth year, Harry, after one of our D.A meetings. We had stayed late to clean up a bit.”

“And Collin took a picture of us, I remember,” he said looking at the picture of him and Hermione who had surprised him by leaping up on his back to pose for the picture. He saw himself stumble forward slightly and immediately grabbed her legs to keep her from falling. He looked back at her completely baffled then saw himself start to laugh at the situation. He remembered being totally shocked she did that, but once he saw her beaming face he couldn’t help but laugh. He then noticed someone in the background of the picture standing outside the room and she did not look happy. “Is that…Cho?”

“Yeah,” Hermione giggled. “One of the many reasons why I love this picture. This was right after your disastrous date with her.”

“She looks furious,” Harry laughed. “I love it!”

“Aww, look at that,” Emma said with a smile at the picture of Harry and Hermione sleeping together on the couch.

Harry squinted his eyes to study the picture. “Is that of us that night when you and Ron had a fight?”

“Yeah, Collin took it of us while we were sleeping. I woke up as soon as he took it and he was so embarrassed he got caught. He kept apologizing to me in a rush whisper so he wouldn’t wake you, but he finally shut up when I told him I wanted a copy.”

“Why didn’t you tell me you had it?” Harry asked.

She shrugged. “I didn’t want to embarrass you I guess.”

“It wouldn’t have. I’d have asked for a copy. I still want one.” He then gave her a quick kiss on the lips before returning his attention to the album. “Oh, look at that! A picture of the D.A.” He leaned over Hermione to get a closer look. It was a group shot of everyone from the D.A. taken at the end of their sixth year. “Hermione, this is great. We need to enlarge it and put it up at the Room of Requirement.”

“You should take one at the end of every year, to keep it updated,” Emma suggested. “I also think there should be a picture of the three of you with Dumbledore. You guys are the founders after all.”

Harry and Hermione smiled. “That would be kind of a cool idea,” Harry said with a smile.

“Well, that’s the last of it,” Hermione said as she closed the album.

“Can we look at it some more?” Emma asked.

“Sure,” she said as she handed the book to her. “Knock yourself out.”

Harry helped Hermione out of the chair and Emma scooted over to give room for Jayce as they started from the beginning. Harry led Hermione to the other side of the room and sat down on the couch pulling her down on his lap. He wrapped his arms around her waist and settled his hands on her stomach as she placed her hands over them and leaned back against his chest. Hermione sighed in content as she nuzzled her cheek against his and Harry placed his lips against her temple as they both gazed into the fire.

Harry felt her shiver so he moved his hands from hers long enough to pull the blanket that was draped over the couch across them both so they could keep warm. Harry grinned against her temple as his hands started to wander under the blanket since they were now hidden from Emma and Jayce’s view.

Hermione blushed as she shyly buried her face in his neck. “Harry,” she said stifling a giggle.

Since his hands were occupied he nudged her head with his own, silently telling her what he wanted. She got the hint and found his lips with her own and they kissed softly as the fire started to dwindle down. The kiss was innocent and sweet as their tongues and lips made slow lazy love as they both whispered each other names and sweet endearments between kisses.

“Hermione,” Harry whispered against her lips and then gave them a nip. “Let’s go upstairs.”

Hermione trembled as she reached up and touched the side of his face. “Harry…”

“I’m not pressuring you to do anything,” he said as he reached up and grabbed her hand. “I just want to be with you, that’s all.”

Hermione smiled when he started to toy with their linked fingers. “I want that too.” She bit her lip and rested her forehead against his. “And I want…to be with you, too…one day, but…”

Harry kissed her before she could continue. “Don’t worry about that. It will happen when it’s meant to happen. For now…let’s go to sleep.”

Hermione nodded in understanding and let him pull her up from the couch. They turned to tell Emma and Jayce they were heading up, but were astonished to see the two of them sound asleep. The album was across Jayce’s lap and his head was tilted back against the seat, while Emma was leaning against him and her head had slumped to his shoulder. “Oh, Harry…talk about a picture moment.”

“Why don’t we make them a pallet on the floor,” Harry suggested with a smile. “They are already in their pajamas anyway and I don’t have the heart to wake them up.”

“I think that’s a perfect idea,” she said and kissed him on the cheek. “I’ll go get some extra blankets and pillows and you push the furniture aside to give them room.”

Hermione ran off up the stairs while Harry moved all the furniture aside with a quick wave of his wand. When Hermoine returned they both made a pallet for Jayce and Emma to sleep on. Hermione even used a cushioning charm on the blankets so the floor wouldn’t be too hard for them.

When they were done they both grabbed a child and picked them up from the couch. Harry grabbed Jayce and Hermione easily lifted Emma in her arms since she was light as a feather. Neither of them stirred while they placed them on the pallet and they both snuggled into their pillows when they put the blanket over them. Harry couldn’t help but notice that this was what it would be like if he and Hermione ever had kids. Harry looked over at her and when she smiled he knew she was thinking the same thing.

Harry stood up from his kneeling position and so did she, then he offered his hand and she took it. Together they walked up hand in hand, neither of them saying a word as Hermione led Harry into her room. She went to the bed immediately and drew down the covers before crawling inside and scooting over to give him room to join her. He slid in beside her and turned off the oil lamp that was burning by her bed and Hermione reached for him.

He pulled her close until the entire front of his body was pressed up against hers and leaned down to kiss her good night. It lasted longer than he planned, but he couldn’t help it. He could get lost in her kisses if he chose to. And that would be dangerous. He promised her he wouldn’t push her so he finally pulled back and gazed at her through the darkness. “Good night, Hermione.”

“Good night, Harry,” she said and kissed him one last time. “Happy Christmas.”

“Happiest Christmas I ever had,” he said with a smile then gave her another kiss, before motioning her to turn around. She did so and he spooned her, bringing her back against his chest. He buried his face in her hair and took in a deep breath as he felt his whole body relaxed. He knew before he even fell asleep that he wasn’t going to have one single nightmare tonight. As long as his Hermione was with him, he could do anything.

XXXX

Ron paced nervously in his room as he waited impatiently for midnight to arrive so he could go meet Luna in the drawing room. Merlin, he couldn’t wait to get his hands on her, she was so vibrant and full of energy he couldn’t fathom why he didn’t notice her sooner. When he had kissed her she practically melted in his arms and he couldn’t remember any girl responding to him as well as she did.

At five minutes till midnight, Ron took a breath and walked to the door. He wore a pair of jeans and a simple blue cotton tee shirt he pulled on just after his shower. He nervously ran his fingers through his hair and slightly noticed it was still a little damp. He finally opened the door and walked into the hallway and nearly ran into Luna herself who was coming out of the girl’s room that was across from his. “Oh…hey,” Ron said as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. She looked so cute in her light pink pajamas and her long blonde hair flowed freely around her face.

“Hi,” she answered back as she took a step closer to him and caught his scent. He smelled wonderful. He smelled a mixture of aftershave and peppermint.

He took another step and before he realized it they were only inches apart. “I’ve been a nervous wreck for the past two hours.”

“Me too,” she sighed dreamily as she looked up at him. “You smell really good.”

Ron’s heart notched up a beat and his breathing started to get heavy. “You look really good,” he murmured and then swooped down to kiss her.

“Wait,” she whispered as she pulled back. “We shouldn’t…we need to wait until we get to the drawing room.”

“Well, then let’s hurry because I’ve got to kiss you,” he said as he held her hand and pulled her down the hall. As much as he’d love to run down the stairs, he knew they had to be quiet so they took it slow. Once they were downstairs they started down the hall that led to the room, but Ron suddenly stopped and motioned her to be quiet.

They both stood there in the shadows as they watched Remus walk over to the drawing room and open the door. “Took you long enough,” said a familiar female voice from inside.

Puzzled, Ron and Luna shared a look before quietly making their way over to the door, which had been left cracked open. They peaked through to see Remus standing by the love seat and saw the back of Tonk’s head as she stood by the window. She had her normal hairstyle today, something she wore quite often now that Ron realized it, and she too was dressed in her pajamas.

“Tonks,” Remus said with a slight smile. “Are you going to waste the little time we have together sulking or are you going to come over here and give me a proper welcome?”

Tonks was silent for a while, than finally turned to look at him. She had a serious look on her face, but then her slight pout of her lips turned into a beaming smile. She then ran over to Remus and threw herself up in his arms, wrapping her legs around his waist. Lupin laughed as he caught her and continued to smile as she started to assault him with frantic kisses all over his face. “I’ve missed you,” she said right before giving him a long smacking kiss on the mouth.

Remus chuckled against her lips. “Tonks, I’ve only been gone twenty-four hours.”

“Twenty-four hours too long,” she said as she continued on with her kisses, every once in awhile she’d deepen the kiss causing them both to moan in pleasure.

At this Luna silently tugged Ron away from the door to give them some privacy and they silently went back up the stairs unnoticed.

Remus and Tonks collapsed onto the couch with Remus falling flat on his back and Tonks was now straddling him. Remus sat up and hugged her around the waist, bringing her as close to him as possible. He kissed her long and hard, loving the feel of her fingers running through his hair as his mouth battled with hers. “I missed you too,” he finally said slightly out of breath from their kiss. “I adore you, Nymphadora.”

Her eyes softened as she touched his face. “Remus…”

He leaned up and kissed her again and the kiss turned desperate as they clung together. He felt her slip her hands under his jumper and shivered at the feel of her hands running across his chest. He didn’t protest when she started to tug at it and pulled away from her mouth long enough for her to yank it over his head. During that brief time where his jumper was over his face she took advantage and ran her lips along his chest causing him to loose his mind. He groaned her name again as he attacked her mouth with his own and tugged at her own clothes.

“Remus,” she sighed. “Please, I need you.”

“Merlin…this is crazy, someone could walk in,” he protested even though he was already halfway done unbuttoning her top.

“I don’t care,” she groaned as she started to unbuckle the belt of his pants. “We’ve waited too long. I need this. I need you.”

He groaned as he buried his face against the valley of her breast, thrilled she wasn’t wearing a bra. “How can I say no to that?”

XXX

Once Ron and Luna were safely inside and Luna performed a proper silencing charm, Ron finally spoke. “BLOODY HELL! TONKS! And…and…LUPIN?!”

“Yeah, that’s what it looks like to me,” Luna said with a sigh. “This is unbelievable.”

“I know! They stole our make-out spot!” Ron yelled.

“Ron, I’m not joking!”

“Who’s joking??” he asked still talking above the normal talking level.

She sighed as she rolled her eyes. “I think it’s sweet.”

“Yeah, well I think it’s weird. Crap. And now I’m all frustrated because we can’t meet down there anymore and…”

“Ron,” she said with a laugh. “Are you forgetting something?”

He blinked at her. “What? No, I’m not forgetting anything. I want to kiss you right now and…”

“Well, why don’t you, you git!” she yelled. “If you haven’t noticed we are in your room which you share with Harry. Your friend who isn’t here!.”

Ron stared dumbly at her for a second and then looked around his room to find that it was indeed empty and they were in fact alone. “Oh,” he said and then looked over at her and grinned. “Well in that case…”

Luna giggled and ran to him jumping into his arms just as Tonks did to Remus moments ago. “That looked fun, I wanted to give it a shot.”

They both grinned foolishly at each other before they finally met mouth to mouth and laughed as they fell on the bed in a tangle of limbs.

XXX

Remus groaned as he rolled off of Tonks collapsing onto the floor in complete exhaustion. Somewhere in the middle of their frantic lovemaking they moved onto the floor and he had no recollection of it at all. “Tonks, you’re going to be the death of me,” he moaned as she happily snuggled up against him running kisses along his chest. “What did you have for breakfast?”

“The pleasure of knowing you’d be home tonight and the excitement of knowing I was going to seduce you.”

He lifted his brows and looked down at Tonks who stopped her kisses long enough to look at him. “Did you now? So this was planned?”

“You bet,” she said with a wink.

Remus grabbed a handful of the blanket that was twisted around them and pulled it up over his chest. “I feel so used.”

Tonks giggled as she shifted up and sat on his stomach. “Well get use to it, Remus Lupin because that won’t be the first time I seduce you.”

Remus grinned up at her as he ran his hands up and down her bare thighs. “Promise?”

Tonks smiled and leaned over him until her lips were inches from his. “Promise,” she said and then kissed him to seal it, moaning against them as she felt his warm hands run up her naked back. “Mmm…well, now that I had you…”

“Twice,” he added.

She grinned against his lips. “Twice,” she corrected herself and then nipped his bottom lip. “I should probably ask you how it went. With Dumbledore.”

“Well,” he started as she ran her lips down his neck and over his chest. “The potion will be ready for testing by the next full moon.”

Tonks froze and her head shot up. “What?” Remus responded just by grinning. “Are you serious? Oh…oh, Remus.”

Remus panicked when he saw tears in her eyes. “Now, there’s nothing to cry over.”

“Oh, you silly git,” she cried as she framed his face and rain kisses all over it. “I’m so happy for you.”

“It’s just a test,” he reminded her and framed her face softly as he let her continue to kiss him. He loved her adoration to him. It was so heartwarming to know she cared so much.

“But a test is the first step,” she said and then continued her assault by moving to his chest again. “We need to celebrate.”

Remus groaned when he realized how she wanted to celebrate. “Honestly, Tonks. We’ve already celebrated.”

“Yes, but I didn’t know about this then, so it’s different.”

He groaned out a laugh when her head disappeared under the blanket. “This is what I get for falling for a younger witch,” he muttered looking up at the ceiling. He then yelped and jumped when he pinched him in an inappropriate place. “Did you just pinch my bum?”

Her giggle muffled under the blanket and smiled as he rolled his eyes. “You’re a handful, Nymphadora.” He hissed out a breath when she took him into her mouth. “A quite appealing handful I don’t mind having.” He then sighed as his head thumped back onto the floor closing his eyes as he took deep breaths. Merlin…he was absolutely head over heels in loved with this witch and he had no idea how to handle that.

33. Chapter 31

Chapter 31

On Christmas morning, Harry woke up at the crack of dawn and quietly slipped out of Hermione’s bed, but not before giving her a kiss on her temple. He went out of the room and into his, expecting to see Hedwig back with his present for Hermione.

She was waiting for him perched on his bed post. “Please tell me it was ready.”

Hedwig replied by lifting her leg to reveal a blue velvet pouch and Harry smiled as he ran over to get it. “Thanks, girl. You’re a lifesaver.” Hedwig nipped his fingers affectionately and flew out his open window.

Harry had gotten Hermione a Christmas gift a few months ago when they were only friends, so he wanted to do something a little more intimate. A book just wasn’t going to cut it anymore. Yesterday, after their quick snack in the kitchen Harry told Hermione that he had promised to help Hagrid out with something and he’d be right back, but in reality he had slipped into Hogsmeade with Dumbledore’s permission of course. What he found for Hermione was perfect, but it wouldn’t be ready until later that night so he went ahead and paid for it and told the store his owl would come by and pick it up.

He slipped back into Hermione’s room to find her still fast asleep just as he hoped. He carefully crawled back into bed and then opened the pouch so he could pull out the silver charm bracelet he purchased. He picked out a few charms that perfectly described her and left spaces open for any other charm she’d like to buy in the future.

He carefully clipped on the bracelet on her wrist while she was asleep then leaned down to kiss her awake. It took a few kisses to finally stir her, but he sure wasn’t complaining. “Harry?” she finally murmured while he was kissing her neck.

“It better be,” he said nipping her neck.

She smiled but still kept her eyes closes. “That’s right, my other boyfriend is unavailable at the moment.” She then yelped when he nipped at her skin again, but a little harder. “Just kidding.”

He grinned as he looked down at her and waited until she finally open her eyes. “Happy Christmas, Hermione.”

“Happy Christmas, Harry,” she said as she lifted her arm to touch his face, causing the bracelet to slide down on her skin. She looked over at it puzzled and then her jaw dropped when she realized what it was. “Oh, Harry.”

Harry grinned as he watched her finger the different charms. “I know jewelry isn’t normally your thing, but I thought this was perfect for you.”

“It’s better than perfect,” she said as tears swarmed in her eyes. “You knew just what charms to get.”

He grinned as he fiddled with the charms. “A charm of an open book because…well, do I really need to explain that one?”

She laughed as she shook her head “No.”

He went onto the next one. “A diamond covered Hippogriff to remind you of your courageous adventure with me to save Buckbeak.” Hermione just admired the charm and grazed her finger over it. “Then a simple charm in the shape of a three. Representing the famous trio. You, me and Ron.”

“I adore it,” she sighed and then laughed when she fingered the small charm in the form of an orange cat. “This has to be Crookshanks.”

He grinned. “Yeah, I had to get it. You love that cat.”

“Yeah,” she said with a shaky laugh and wiped a tear away. “This is so sweet, Harry.”

“I also left a bunch of space left for future charms,” he said stroking her hair. “I hope you like it.”

“I love it,” she said with a sigh and kissed him gently then pulled back to look into his eyes. “And I love you.”

Harry’s throat clogged up with emotion. “Do you?” he asked shakily.

“So much,” she sighed framing his face in her hands.

“I love you, too, Hermione,” he said and then kissed her firmly on the mouth as this new feeling of undying love spread through out him. He loved her. So much and so deeply that he knew he would do anything for her…anything. He wanted to be with her always and for the first time he felt like he could do almost anything…even defeat Voldemort.

Just as that thought went into his head a sudden flash of gold shimmered around them and they both pulled back completely puzzled on what it was. “Harry,” she whispered as she reached up to grab something. “Your necklace.”

Harry looked down to see that his once silver snitch necklace that Hermione had given him was now a bright and gleaming gold as it shimmered in Hermione’s hand. The snitch turned gold, just like Hermione said it was suppose to when one seeks their true love. He couldn’t believe it. He smiled and looked down to see Hermione completely befuddled. “Well, looks like the store clerk wasn’t just trying to make a sale, after all.”

She smiled through her joyful tears but didn’t say a word. She only reached for him and he happily obliged by falling into her arms and their lips met in a kiss that neither of them would never forget.

XX

AN: I KNOW that wasn’t very long, but it’s late and I’m tired. It’s been busy with New Years and everything. I just wrote this little snippet for a fun fluffy chapter to tie you guys over until next time. This story is going to start wrapping up…well, not anytime soon but it’s going to start heading there. Harry’s seventh year is half way done! Thanks everyone who has stuck by me since the beginning of Circle of Friends (The official name of this story) You guys rock!

34. Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Ron let out a big yawn as he walked out of the portrait hole and headed towards Harry and Hermione’s common room. He had woken up this morning on the second day back from the holidays to see Hedwig staring at him. Tied to his leg was a note from Harry for him to come by the room before breakfast so he and Hermione could speak to him about something.

He yawned again as he walked up the stairs to the corridor that led to their room. He still hadn’t gotten use to the new hours since he had been sleeping in for two weeks. Plus, staying up with Luna during the late hours didn’t help much either but he sure wasn’t complaining.

With a grin, he said the password and the portrait of a beautiful blonde woman that guarded the Head Boy/Head Girl room swung open. As he stepped inside he overheard Hermione saying his name and that she was worried, so he quickly did a silencing charm on the portrait so it would close quietly. He stayed where he was as he let his ears open, curious to see what they were talking about.

Harry sighed as he watched his girlfriend pace in front of the fire. “Hermione, relax. There’s nothing to worry about, okay?”

“What if he gets mad?” she asked as she kept pacing. “What if we lose him as a friend?”

“That’s ridiculous, we won’t lose his friendship over this, because we are being honest with him right away.”

What in the world are they talking about? Ron wondered as he watched Harry stand up to calm her.

“Hermione,” he said softly as he grabbed her arms. “Don’t worry. We’ll tell him together and if he gets upset, then we’ll give him space.” He kissed her temple and pulled her in his arms. “Besides, I hardly think he’d be jealous of us, he’s with Luna now, right? I mean, honestly, he told us they were together right away and hasn’t shut up about it since and it’s only been two days.”

“I guess you’re right,” she sighed as she lifted her face up to him. “I just don’t want to lose him, he’s still important to me.”

“I know and I promise you won’t.”

Ron’s eyes widened when he saw his best friend lean down and kiss his other best friend on the lips. So this was what they wanted to see him about. Harry and Hermione was now officially a couple. He didn’t know what to think of it as he continued to watch them kiss by the fire. He waited for the anger to come, but it never did. Then he waited for the jealousy to appear, but alas…it never did. Huh. Guess he was okay with it.

“Harry, wait,” Hermione pulled back. “Not now, what if Ron sees.”

“Too late,” Ron said finally making his presence known as he walked out of the shadows and into the fire lit room.

“Ron,” Hermione gasped as she stepped back from Harry. “How long have you…”

“Long enough,” he said with a shrug as he sat down on the couch and looked up at their stunned faces. “I heard everything.”

Hermione frowned as Harry looked over at Hermione. “I’m so sorry, Ron, we didn’t want you to find out this way.”

“It’s okay,” he said as he motioned for her to sit next to him. “I didn’t mean to eavesdrop, but I heard what you said, so technically it was like you were talking to me.”

Harry sat down on the other side of him with a worried look on his face. “You sure you’re okay with it? I promise Ron, just because we’re together we aren’t going to exclude you from anything.”

“I’d like to see you even try,” Ron said with a laugh. “I’m not worried about that at all. You’re still my best friends.”

“Oh, Ron,” Hermione cried as tears began to fill her eyes.

Ron panicked at the sight of her tears. “Now, there’s nothing to cry about, Hermione. You know how I hate to see you…ooof!”

Harry chuckled when he saw his girlfriend throw herself at Ron almost knocking him backwards. He then caught Ron’s eye over her head and saw him roll his eyes and Harry just shrugged helplessly. “Hermione, why not let him breath, huh?” Harry said after awhile.

Hermione pulled away still sniffing slightly. “I’m just so happy that you are okay with this.”

“Of course I am,” he said with a smile. “I mean I can’t imagine anyone that deserves you, besides Harry…no, now don’t start that again!”

Hermione held back her tears. “No, I’m all right.”

“Hermione, why don’t you go wash up before breakfast,” Harry said standing up then helping her to her feet.

“Good idea,” she laughed as she wiped her tears. “Be right back.”

Harry gave her a quick kiss and watched her run upstairs before sitting down next to Ron. “Mental that one,” Ron said with a shake of his head. “Hasn’t changed a bit.”

“Sure hasn’t,” he said with a grin.

“You willing to handle someone as mental as her?” he asked with a grin.

“You betcha,” he said with a wink. “That and then some.”

“Spare me the details,” Ron said with a groan. “Have you guys, you know…nope, never mind don’t want to know.”

“Ron,” Harry chuckled. “Relax, we’ve only been together since Christmas Eve.”

“Right,” he said with a nod. “So, is she a good kisser?”

“Ron, for someone who doesn’t know the details you are certainly asking a lot of questions.”

“Kissing I can handle,” he said with a wave of his hand. “So is she?”

Harry grinned. “Let’s just put it this way. Is there anything our Hermione isn’t good at?”

Ron pondered this for a moment before nodding. “Good point.”

“So, um…if kissing isn’t a big thing,” Harry said. “It’s not going to bug you if we, you know…do things in front of you, is it?”

“That depends I guess. Does it bug you when I kiss Luna in front of you?”

Harry frowned. “No, of course not. Why would it?”

“Well, you think of Luna as a sister and I think of Hermione as one. So if it doesn’t bug you, then it won’t bug me.”

“That’s fair I guess,” he said with a laugh hitting his friend on the back. “And we can probably skip the, ‘If you hurt her I’ll kick your ass’ routine, too, and cancel each other out.”

“Also fair,” Ron said and the boys laughed as Hermione was walking back down.

“What’s so funny?” Hermione asked as she let Harry guide her on his lap.

“Nothing,” Ron said with a grin. “Just guy talk.”

“Great. I was probably the topic of guy talk wasn’t I?”

“Not just you, sweetie,” Harry said. “Luna was, too.”

“Somehow, that doesn’t make me feel any better,” she said turning on his lap to look at him.

“Don’t worry, all good stuff I promise,” he said smiling as he kissed her on the lips.

“Come on you lovebirds, let’s get down to breakfast.” Ron stood up and stretched. “I got my own girlfriend to see.”

Harry gave her one last kiss then patted her leg as he leaned up, motioning her to get up. Their hands found each other immediately and together they followed Ron out of the portrait hole and headed towards the Great Hall. The three walked together, just as they always did and Ron smiled knowing that nothing has changed. They were still a trio.

As they walked into the Great Hall Harry noticed that it didn’t take long to people to catch on he was holding Hermione’s hand. He saw people nudge the person next to them and nod their head towards them as they whispered and giggled. Harry who usually hated this sort of thing, found himself not really caring. He was with Hermione now and that was something he was very proud of.

Harry looked down to see Hermione looking up at him and he gave her a hopeless shrug and leaned down to kiss her. He wanted her to know that the gossip didn’t phase him in the least. “This is gossip that’s actually true,” he said with a wink.

Once they got to the table, Ron sat down next to Luna who greeted him with a kiss and Ginny and Draco were sitting across from them. “Hey, Draco aren’t you in Slytherin?” Harry asked he sat down next to Luna.

“Yeah, I think so,” he pondered as he scratched his head. “Group of people in green and silver, mascot a serpent?”

“That’s the one,” Harry said as he helped himself to some bacon.

“Hmm…nope, never heard of them,” he said causing everyone to laugh.

“Congrats on you two,” Ginny said winking at Harry and Hermione. “About time I say.”

“Man, everyone’s hooking up it seems,” Ron said with a mouthful of eggs. “I mean first me and Luna, then Lupin and Tonks…that was weird to witness, let me tell you…then Harry and Hermione. Next thing I know, you two will be hooking up.” Ron gestured to Draco and Ginny with his fork.

Draco choked on his pumpkin juice, slamming the mug down as he started to cough. “Draco, are you okay?” Harry asked him as Ginny was pounding on his back

“Fine,” he squeaked as he pounded on his chest and gave Ron a wary look.

Ron looked at Draco’s guilty face and then to Ginny who was avoiding eye contact and then everything was clear. “Bloody hell,” he whispered as he felt himself boil up inside.

“Now, Ron don’t blow up or anything,” Ginny said warily as she saw Ron turn red.

“This is going to be good,” Harry murmured to Hermione who stifled a laugh.

“We were going to tell you,” Ginny said as Ron was still glaring at Draco.

“Er…he looks really mad, Gin,” Draco said warily as he watched Ron pick up a bread roll and smash it in his fist. “Really mad.”

“Ron, please…”

“Well, we had a good run, right Gin?” Draco said as he started to get up keeping an eye on Ron. “What, five months? That’s a good run.”

“Five months!” Ron yelled as he stood up. “You’ve been seeing my sister for five months!”

“Uh-oh,” Draco said as he turned pale. “Er…gotta run!”

“Come here you little…”

The whole crowd was enveloped with a mixture of gasps and laughter as Ron chased Draco around the Great Hall. Draco dove under a table and Ron did the same. Draco ran over the Ravenclaw table, knocking plates and silverware and Ron practically flew over it.

“What on earth is going on?” Professor McGongall said to Professor Dumbledore as she started to rise from her seat.

“No need, Minerva,” Albus said calmly with a glint in his eye. “It seems that Ron has finally figured out Miss Weasley and Mr. Malfoy’s relationship.”

She looked over to see Draco using Luna Lovegood as a human shield so Ron couldn’t hurt him. “Oh, well in that case…pass the salt, would you Albus?”

“All right, that’s enough!” Ginny said stepping between them. “Draco, put poor Luna down.”

Luna giggled madly as Draco put her back on her feet. “That was fun. I’m off to class, don’t hurt him too much, baby.” Luna kissed Ron’s cheek before flittering out of the Hall.

“We should go, too,” Hermione said and grabbed Harry’s hand before heading out.

“But I want to see what…”

Hermione gave him a look.

“Okay, shutting up. Let’s go.”

“Now,” Ginny said calmly as she stepped in front of Draco to talk to his brother. “I know your upset…no you keep quiet till I’m done. We didn’t want you to find out this way, Ron and I’m sorry you did. We were going to tell you when the time was right, but it never seemed…right.”

“Ron,” Draco said finally and moved to Ginny’s side. “I know you want to punch me right now, but…I want you to know that we’re not just fooling around. I really care for her.”

Ron studied Draco making sure he was telling the truth. “Don’t bull shit me, Draco.”

“I’m not,” he said firmly as he took a step towards him. “I love her.”

Ginny gasped. “What?”

“What?” Draco repeated panic in his eyes. “I didn’t say I love you.”

Ginny placed a hand on her mouth. “You said you loved me.”

“No I didn’t,” he said quickly as he shook his head.

“Er…actually you did mate,” Ron said with a slight smile. Seeing Draco panic after slipping his feelings towards his little sister made him believe Draco more than anything. Even if he shouted he loved her to the mountain tops. Draco didn’t grow up around love and was taught only to hate, so when Ron noticed the fear in his eyes he knew he was sincere. “We’re cool, I’ll see you guys around.”

“Huh?” Draco asked puzzled as Ron walked off. “What?”

“You love me,” Ginny cried.

“Stop saying that, I didn’t say that,” he said backing away from her.

“Oh Draco,” she laughed as she flung her arms around him nearly knocking him over. “I love you, too.”

Draco opened his mouth to protest but no words were able to escape. He then found himself smiling as he held her tightly and then placed a kiss on the top of his head. He then remembered they weren’t alone when everyone in the Great Hall were clapping for them. “Great,” he mumbled under his breath as Ginny laughed. “Let’s get out of here.”

“What class do you have next?” Ginny asked slyly as he pulled her out of the Hall where students were still clapping for them.

“Potions and don’t you dare try to tempt me, Gin-Gin,” he said firmly. “You know I can’t miss potions.”

Ginny pouted. “I know,” she said and then kissed him on the lips. “See you at lunch?”

He kissed her again smiling against her lips. “Count on it, Weasley.”

“Love you,” she said as she pulled away looking up at him.

Draco sighed as he shook his head then tapped her nose with his finger. “Love you.

35. Chapter 33

This is a nice long chapter. For me it is anyway, lol. I’ve been at my ranch this weekend so I had some time to write. Hope you like!

Chapter 33

Harry Potter was dying. Not from a deadly spell from a Death Eater or Voldemort for that matter. No, Harry was dying and it was all Tanner Jacobs fault. Harry was going to kill him if he told him to do one more. He vowed to himself he would.

“Come on, Harry one more…push it.”

Harry growled in anger as he pressed the heavy bench press up above his head glaring at Tanner’s face which was looming over him. “There, well done,” he said as he took the heavy metal bar from Harry.

Harry sat up from the bench completely exhausted as Tanner handed him a towel to cool off. “Are you trying to kill me today, Tanner?” Harry asked as he looked up at the older blonde headed man who was now flashing a grin at him.

“No not yet, Harry. We’re just getting started. Let’s do some cardio.”

Harry groaned but followed his orders. Tanner Jacobs was one of the best trainers from the Auror Training Program and Harry had been training with him since right after the holidays. Tanner’s specialty was the physical aspect of the training. He mixed basic Muggle training with a bit of magic in them, for example instead of a treadmill he invented the groundmill. Similar to the treadmill you can control it’s speed and incline, but instead of flat ground it was bewitched as grass, hills and rocks passed through so it would be more realistic.

“We’ll do a couple of miles on the treadmill,” Tanner said as he activated the speed with his wand starting Harry out to a nice trot. “Then we’ll work on sparring.”

One of Tanner’s strong beliefs was that sometimes just a wand wasn’t going to cut it. “Any wizard who thinks all he needs is a wand is foolish,” he had told him on the first day. “I’m going to teach you some basic kickboxing techniques so you can be prepared just incase you loose your wand.”

Out of all the training he threw at him he enjoyed his kickboxing lessons it was a big relief to know that he was going to be prepared in all areas. He taught him different kinds of punches and high kicks along with defensive blocks.

“All right, Harry I’m going to speed it up a little bit,” Tanner said as he tapped the groundmill three times with his wand.

Harry kept up with the pace as he leapt over rocks and trudged up a slight hill. He had come a long way, a few weeks ago he would have already been panting but he was doing fine. He knew though that Tanner would push him to the limit until he was about to collapse in sheer exhaustion. “That a boy, Harry keep it up. Give it all you got.”

Harry gritted his teeth when Tanner steepened the hill making it even more difficult for him. “You’re a…really good guy, Tanner,” Harry panted as he kept up with the pace. “But you…realize…I’m going to hurt you.”

Tanner chuckled. “You can get back at me during our sparing.”

“Promise?” he asked with a grin looking over at him.

Tanner barked out a laugh. “Damn if you’re not going to make a good Auror, Harry. Okay, let’s do a sprint for twenty seconds and then your done.”

“Bring it on,” he grunted and felt his legs burning as he pushed it as hard as he could. It was in flat land now but the speed was as fast as it’s ever been.

Tanner could see that Harry was hurting but he pumped him up best he could. “Ten more seconds…that’s it. Think about Voldemort. Think about kicking his ass!”

Harry couldn’t help but laugh at that but never stopped his pace. “Five, four, three, two one….good job, Harry.”

Harry walked off the ground mill and bent down as he caught his breath. Harry took the bottle of water Tanner provided and chugged it down gratefully. “Have a seat, we’ll take a break before sparring.”

He nodded as he sat down on the exercise bench and Tanner stood standing. “So, how’s school going?”

“It’s going okay,” he said as he capped his water bottle.

“Been studying for your NEWTS?”

“Yeah, Hermione is making me.”

He smiled. “Don’t worry it’s not as scary as everyone says.”

“Really?” he asked hopefully.

“No.”

Harry narrowed his eyes and threw his towel at him. “Very funny.”

He just laughed as he caught the towel. “So, how are things with you and Hermione.”

Over the last few weeks spending so many grueling hours with Tanner, Harry found himself making a new friend. He was still young enough to be almost like a big brother rather than a superior. “Good,” he said and then saw Tanner lift a brow. “Okay, really good.”

“Was it weird making the transition from best friend to girlfriend?”

“You know you think it would have but not at all. It was weird, like we’ve always been together.”

Tanner let out a breath. “I wish it was that easy with Veronica and I.”

“You two were friends first?” Harry asked at the mention of Tanner’s fiance. “You never told me that.”

“Yeah, we were friends all throughout Hogwarts. Didn’t get together till about a year ago.”


“And it was awkward?”

“Very,” he said with a chuckle. “Of course we didn’t gradually take it slow like you two, we went from being best friends to lovers overnight.”

“Ohhh,” Harry said in understanding. “That must have been…interesting.”

“Sure was. We both ignored each other for a good week or so, but in the end worked it out.” Tanner then tossed his towel back to Harry. “Okay, enough chit chat. We need to get back to work. I have a promise to uphold.”

“That’s right,” he said standing up. “Let the ass kicking begin.”

XXX

Harry was grinning all the way back to the common room. Granted, he still had a lot of work to do, but he still got a few good hits in there. Overall, though Tanner kicked his ass. It was good practice though and he secretly hoped that a chance arose to where he could use these new moves on any bastard that stood in his way.

The training sessions were doing him some good and felt the confidence in himself begin to grow. His sessions with Tanner was every Tuesday and Thursday and then the other three nights of the week were with either Tonks or Lupin who trained him on helpful defensive spells that would help him in the final battle. One lesson he didn’t have anymore was Occlumecy with Snape and nothing surprised him more when Snape told him he was done.

“I think we’re done here,” Snape said as Harry helped him up from the floor after he had successfully fought his mind from sneaking into his own.

“Okay, next time then?” Harry asked.

He shook his head. “There won’t be a next time. We’re done here.”

Harry blinked. “Huh?”

“I’ve done everything I can, Potter. You’ve mastered the art of Occlumecy the best you can. The rest is up to you.”

Harry was still smiling as he walked through the portrait hole where all his friends were studying and seeing his friends only heightened his mood. Ron and Luna were sitting closely at the table, Ginny was sitting on the floor with her back up against the couch while Draco was lying down with his head in her lap. He smiled when he saw Hermione stretched out on the couch studying her notes she took during class. “Hey guys,” he said finally making his presence known.

Everyone looked up at the sound of his voice but Hermione was the first to respond. “Harry!” she shrieked as she started to get up.

He smiled and made his way to the back of the couch meeting her when she stood up and flung herself over the couch and into his arms. “Oof,” he grunted as he stumbled back a bit. “Geez, Hermione miss me much?”

“Yes, I hardly ever see you anymore,” she said and gave him a quick kiss.

“How was training, mate?” Ron asked.

“Ooo, did you have a session with, Tanner?” Ginny asked. “He’s hot.”

“Um, hi…right here,” Draco said lifting his hand. “You’re boyfriend?”

Harry laughed as he carried Hermione back to the couch and sat down. “He worked me hard today,” he told them as Hermione got situated on his lap.

“Did you have to do that groundmill?” Ron asked. “From what you’ve told me it sounds dreadful.”

“It’s not fun but it’s good for me. Going to be pretty sore tomorrow.”

“Aww, well maybe I’ll give you a massage then,” Hermione said sympathizing with him.

“Really? You haven’t given me one since that day in the cave.”

“Well, then I definitely owe you one,” she said and then kissed him on the mouth.

Ron waited for his two friends to stop snogging but it never happened so he started to pack up. “Okay, that’s are cue to go.”

Luna giggled as she stood up. “You want to come to my room and so some snogging of our own?”

Ron winked at her. “What do you think?” He grabbed her hand and walked her out of the common room saying a quick good bye to Harry and Hermione who were still glued to each others lips.

“Let’s go, too,” Ginny said to Draco as she stood up. “I’m tired of studying.”

“Can’t argue with that. My room or yours?”

“Yours, mine is going to be too crowded tonight. Bye Harry, bye Hermione.”

“Huh?” Harry asked long enough to pull away. “Oh, yeah…bye.”

Hermione sighed as she leaned her forehead against his. “I’ve really missed you.”

“I know,” he said he framed her face with his hands. “But these sessions are important and…”

“Shh, I know they are. I’m not being one of those girlfriends that complains about not getting enough attention or anything, but I’m still allowed to miss you, aren’t I?”

He grinned. “Of course you are.” He linked a hand with hers and kissed her fingers. “I’ve missed you, too.”

Hermione gazed into his tired face as she ran her fingers through his hair. “You look so worn out.”

He closed his eyes at the feel of her fingers running through his hair which was still damp from the quick shower he took at the Prefect bathroom after his workout. “Everything is starting to catch up to me I guess.”

Hermione kissed his forehead then his temple. “Poor thing,” she whispered running kisses all over his face. ‘Maybe I can help.” She took off his glasses and set it aside before cupping his face with her delicate fingers and kissed him softly over and over again. Her fingers then fiddled with the hem of his shirt before yanking it up and over his head. “Wow,” she whispered as her hands traveled over his well defined chest and flat stomach. “I guess I have Tanner to thank for this.”

“I’ll pass along the message,” he told her as she guided him down on his back. “Hermione…”

“Shh, I want you to relax,” she murmured against his mouth before giving it a quick nip.

His eyes fluttered close once more as he felt her lips start to move downwards and over his chest. His fingers got lost in her hair as he let her continue to rain kisses along his naked skin. He hissed out a breath when her tongue reached out to touch one of his nipples causing him to grip his fingers tightly in her hair. “Hermione,” he sighed as he felt his whole body start to relax. “You’re ama…” Harry’s eyes flew open and his body froze when he felt her unsnap the fly of his jeans while her lips moved down to his stomach. Surely, she wasn’t going to do what he thought she was going to do. Then he heard the sound of his zipper and felt the room start to spin. Bloody hell.

“You’re abs are so sexy, Harry,” she said as she ran her tongue along his brand new six pack.

“Hermione.”

“Just relax, Harry and lift your hips up for me,” she murmured as she gazed up at him.

Their eyes locked as he did what she was told and Harry watched in amazement as she tugged his jeans and underwear over his hips exposing himself to her. From what he could see she didn’t seem to phased by the sight of him naked she just ran her lips up his thigh and gradually took him in her mouth as if she had done it all the time. His jaw dropped at the sight of watching her giving him head and it was so incredibly erotic he couldn’t help but lift his hips up to her. She put her hands on his hips and pinned him to the couch, silently telling him to be still and let her do the work. He groaned as he collapsed his head on the back of the couch closing his eyes as he concentrated on the feel of her wonderful mouth stroking him over and over again.

It felt so good. So incredibly good and he knew he wasn’t going to last. When he finally climaxed he didn’t remember much that went through his mind, the sheer pleasure coursing through him was all that filled his brain. And Hermione. Ah, sweet Hermione who was now pulling his jeans back up over his hips as she kissed her way back up his chest. “I can’t…believe…you did that…for me,” he said breathlessly as he looked up at her in a daze.

She smiled and bit her lip nervously. “I’ve never done that before.”

“Well, you could have fooled me,” he said with a lopsided grin and then cupped the back of her neck and brought her down for a kiss.

She smiled with pleasure and gave him one last kiss. “Let’s head upstairs, you need your sleep.”

Harry watched her as she got up from the couch and made her way to the stairs. She didn’t even make it to the first step by the time he got to her and spun her around. “Not quite,” he said backing her up to the wall.

“Harry,” she gasped when he buried his face against her neck. “What are you…” She gasped again when she felt his hand disappear under her skirt and then felt her underwear disappear. She looked at him in wonder. “I see you’ve mastered wandless magic.”

He grinned and gave her a playful shrug. “I’m getting better at it.” He gripped the hem of her skirt and yanked it over her hips. “Now if you’d let me…I’d like to return the favor.”

Hermione groaned in shock when Harry felt to his knees in front of her. Oh my.

36. Chapter 34

AHHH!!! This past week has been HELL!!! Work has sucked and I’ve been so busy! I’m so sorry it’s taken me so long to update! I wrote half of this update like last weekend, but it was too short so I had to wait until I could write more and I just had time tonight. I’m beat. I also think I just needed a little break from Harry Potter, too, but now I’m back so no worries. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Another little fluffy one for all those Harry and Hermione fans out there;) Anyway, enjoy!!

Chapter 34

Hermione gave out one last throaty cry as her one leg that was keeping her up, since the other was draped over Harry’s shoulder, finally buckled and she slid down the wall. Harry caught her of course, he always caught her, and gave sweet kisses along her neck as she trembled in the his arms.

“You okay?” Harry asked as he touched her cheek softly.

Hermione dropped her head on his shoulder. “Can’t move.”

“Is that a good thing?” he asked with a grin as he kissed the top of her head.

“I don’t know yet,” she said breathlessly and then finally lifted her head grabbed his face and gave him a hard kiss. “Feel free to do that anytime.”

Harry’s shoulders shook as he chuckled. “Looks like I’ve awoken something deep inside of you, Hermione. You got some nails on you, I think my back will pay for that later.”

“Oh, I didn’t realize,” she said with a frown. “Did I scratch you?”

“Once or twice.” He kissed her. “And made some interesting sounds I’ve never heard of. Like a bobcat.”

“Harry!” she exclaimed as she blushed. “I was not that wild.”

“Oh yes you were,” he groaned as he buried his face in her neck. “My little bobcat.”

She giggled as she held him tight. She couldn’t help it he made her so giddy. “Well, this bobcat is tired so since you deprived me of my leg strength it’s only fair that you carry me up.”

“Seems fair,” he said and lifted her up in his arms easily and onto his feet.

“Just one question, Harry,” she said as he carried her up the stairs.

“What’s that?” he asked as he carried her into his room. Ever since they got together Hermione hadn’t slept in her bed once and tonight wasn’t going to be any different.

Hermione looked up at him while he set her down on the bed. “Where exactly did my underwear go?”

He grinned foolishly as he lifted her legs that were still dressed with knee high stockings and gave them a tug. Hermione yelped as she fell flat on her back and then giggled when his hands ran down her thighs. “That Hermione,” he started as he slid his hands back under her skirt. Her eyes widened when the silk material appeared back in place. “Is my little secret.”

Hermione groaned. She couldn’t help it but that turned her on. “Get down here,” she said as she grabbed him and yanked him right on top of her.

He smiled as he settled himself between her thighs letting all his weight sink her into the mattress. “Easy now, bobcat.”

“Want me to start barring claws?” she asked as she gripped his hair tightly. “Because I will if you don’t kiss me right this minute.”

“Is that a threat, bobcat?” he asked as he teased his lips with hers.

“What do you think?” she asked as she jerked her hips up to him.

“I think I’d be stupid not to do what you say,” he groaned and moved against her.

“Good idea,” she groaned and then yanked his head down for a kiss.

The two rolled together on the bed, giggling madly at the sheer joy of being together like they had no worries in the world. Not even Voldemort could take moments like these away from them.

XXX

“Hermione,” Harry murmured as he kissed her softly on the lips. “Time to wake up.”

“Hmm?” she said dreamily as she rolled over on her back and squinted her eyes open. “Harry?”

“Time to get up, sleepyhead,” he said with a smile and kissed her again.

Hermione smiled as she let out a sigh perfectly content as she let Harry kiss her awake. Then suddenly it dawned on her that it was morning and her eyes flew open and she pushed Harry back. “Am I late!? When’s my next class?!”

Harry sat there dumfounded as Hermione flew off the covers and scrambled out of bed. “Hermione…”

“Why didn’t you wake me sooner, I still have to shower and…”

“Hermione, slow down,” he said with a grin as he got up from the bed and stood on his feet. She was standing there dressed in one of his school shirts that barely hit her mid-things, her hair was still mussed from their heavy petting they enjoyed all through the night and she still wore her school knee highs.

“Harry, why are you just staring at me we have to get ready for…”

“Just wait a second, I have two things to say,” he said as he held out his hands. “First…may I say that you are looking ridiculously sexy in just my shirt and your knee highs and I want to look at you so I can have the image permanently embedded in my brain.”

She scowled at him. “Harry…”

“Second…it’s a Saturday.”

“I don’t care if it’s….oh….it is?”

He chuckled. “Yeah, I’m pretty sure.”

She frowned as she crossed her arms over her chest, not realizing that it caused her shirt to rise up revealing more of her legs to Harry. “Why did you wake me up then?” she asked irritably.

“Two things.” He grinned when she scowled again. “One, it’s almost ten and it was about time you woke up.”

Her jaw dropped. “Are you serious? I never sleep that late.”

“Well, not to brag, but I did wear you out a bit last night.”

Hermione just snorted and rolled her eyes although he did have a good point. He absolutely ravished her. “And the second reason?”

“Second? Well, that would be that I brought you breakfast in bed.” He gestured his hand over to the tray sitting on the bedside table filled with scrambled eggs, crispy bacon and buttered toast. “I didn’t want it to get cold.”

Her eyes softened. “You brought me breakfast?” she asked as she walked to him. “Aww, that’s so sweet.”

He grinned sheepishly when she cupped his face with her hands and kissed him sweetly on the mouth. “Aww, shucks it was nothing.”

“Thank you.”

He kissed her. “Since it’s suppose to be breakfast in bed why don’t you hop back in.”

“Okay,” she said with a giggle and jumped quickly back in the bed and under the covers.

Harry walked over to the tray and picked it up as he kneeled on the bed carefully placing it between them. “Dig in.”

“Did Dobby have a hand in this?” she asked as she picked up a piece of bacon and nibbled on it.

“A bit,” he said then picked up the white daisy that was sitting prettily in the vase. “But I picked the flower.”

Hermione took the flower he offered and blushed. “My favorite. Did you pick it out with your own two hands.”

“Sure did. Literally.” He then flicked his wrist and a red rose appeared in his hand. “I also know women can’t resist a single red rose either.”

“Oh my,” she said taking the rose. “Don’t start that wandless magic, you know what it does to me.”

He chuckled and leaned over and kissed her on the mouth. “I’ll behave.” He then leaned up and offered her a piece of toast. “What do you want to do today?”

She pondered this as she munched on her toast. “Well, we should probably study, N.E.W.T.S are around the corner.”

He grinned. “Yeah, I suppose you’re right.” He picked up the fork and started working on the eggs. “So what do you want to do today?”

Hermione studied him and then laughed. “Whatever your heart desires, Harry.”

“Hmm, well it is raining so unless you want to make an encore of our last encounter in the rain, I suggest we just lounge in the common room. Maybe read our books by the fire or something.”

“Sounds possible. Want to get back to the life of Morgana?”

He laughed. “No, I finished her story a long time ago, then went on to Sebastian’s story.”

“Sebastian?”

“Morgana’s cousin. He’s a seer.”

Hermione snorted.

“Yeah, thought you’d like that. He’s the real deal though.” He sampled a piece of bacon. “I’m done with his story, too. On to Anastasia. She’s sounds sweet.”

Hermione laughed. “I’ve created a monster.” She took her last bite of toast and plopped it down on the plate wiping her hands together to get rid of any crumbs. “And what is Anastasia’s gift?”

“I guess the best way to describe her would be a Healer. Into herbs and things.” He took the tray away and set it back on the table then joined her under the covers. “I wouldn’t be opposed to snuggling in bed for awhile longer though.” He pulled her back to him and nuzzled her hair. “Wanna neck?”

She smiled as she turned to him. “Okay.”

“Oh goodie,” he said with a smile before closing his mouth on hers.

Harry could definitely get use to mornings like these. Sleeping in as it rained outside while they got lost in each other around a sea of blankets. Didn’t get much better than this.

37. Chapter 35

Okay here’s another one! I’m going to try and update as much as I can this week, because I will be MIA next week. I’m going to Arkansas for my sister’s new baby! She’s being induced on the first! We don’t know if it will be a girl or a boy, maybe we can do some kind of pool? Anyone care to guess what it will be? He or she will be my 11th niece or nephew. I’m pulling for a girl, I have only three nieces! Seven nephews and they are taking over! Haha. Anyway, here’s the next chapter. It’s a Ginny/Draco chappie! Enjoy!

Chapter 35

Draco lied on his stomach as he watched his girlfriend sleep comfortably next to him. She was lying on her stomach as well and her long flaming red hair flowed over his pillow. Her back was exposed to him allowing his hands to caress her soft skin and he trailed his finger along her spine and to the small of her back. She shivered and moaned in her sleep causing him to smile as he pushed back strands of her hair.

Merlin, he loved her. Sometime it hurt just to look at her. If someone had told him during his first year at Hogwarts that he would be hopelessly in love with Ginny Weasley in his seventh year he would have cursed the messenger just for thinking that. Him? Fall in love with a Weasley? It was unheard of!

Yet, her he was, lying next to her as he watched her sleep like some love sick puppy. They had made love until they both collapsed in a heap of tangled limbs completely exhausted. Now, Draco was awake and he already wanted her again. He could have her if he wanted to. He could easily wake her up with slow lazy kisses and sink into her slowly as they both rocked together.

He groaned as he rolled out of his bed away from her. He needed to get a grip and keep his hands off her. He grabbed a pair of his pajama pants and tugged it over his hips before quietly slipped out of the room. The common room was empty just as he hoped it would be. He wasn’t exactly popular anymore with his housemates but he didn’t care. He knew what his purpose in life was for and that was to fight the war against Voldemort.

He frowned into the fire as he remembered the times his father had told great tales about the Dark Lord and how one day he would follow his dad’s footsteps and be a faithful follower of Lord Voldemort.

He scowled. Not this guy. He didn’t answer to anyone and he certainly wasn’t going to snivel and bow to Voldemort when his flesh burned from the Dark Mark. He winced at the thought. “No freaking way,” he mumbled as he rubbed his arm.

He sighed as he turned away from the fire, but nearly jumped out of his skin at the sight of his father standing before him only inches a feet away. He immediately reached into his pocket and gripped his wand ready to take action.

“Hello…son,” Lucious sneered. “Miss your old man?”

“Hardly,” he said coolly though his heart quickened at the thought of Ginny just upstairs sleeping innocently. “How did you get in here?”

“Does it really matter?” He grabbed his arms and yanked him over to the nearest wall and pushed his back against it. “Traitor. You turned your back on your destiny.”

Draco lifted his chin. “I make my own destiny, old man. Get your filthy hands off me.”

Instead he circled his long fingers around his throat. “I could do it you know,” he hissed. “All I have to do is squeeze.”

“You would kill your own flesh and blood?” he croaked egging his father on.

“My son died the day he turned his back on the Dark Lord,” he whispered as he squeezed tighter around his throat.

“Pity,” Draco managed to say. “If I had known that…I’d have turned my back on Voldemort ages ago.”

“You dare speak his name?!”

“Voldemort,” he said again as he pushed his father away. “Voldemort, Voldemort…Voldemort.

Lucious’ face turned red with anger. “Why you little…”

“Draco?” a soft feminine voice cared from up the stairs.

Draco froze as he watched his father look up the stairs. “Well, well,” he said as he looked back at him. “Been busy?

“If you hurt her I swear I’ll…”


“Draco?” she called out again.

“Maybe I’ll sneak back in the shadows and get a good look at your little lady friend.”

Draco paled as he watched him sink back into the shadows out of sight. He then hurried to the stairs, hoping to cut her off. He saw her standing in the middle of the steps dressed in one of his T-shirts. “Ginny, are you crazy?” he asked as he ran up the stairs to meet her. “Get back upstairs.”

“I woke up and you were gone…”

“I couldn’t sleep,” he said quickly as he started to nudge her up the stairs. “I’ll be up in a second.”

“What’s wrong?” she asked touching his cheek. “Something’s wrong.”

He knocked her hand away. “I’m fine, just please go…”

“I don’t believe you. Draco, just…”

“Dammit, Ginny just get upstairs and leave me alone,” he said angrily. “I just want to be alone, is that so hard to understand?”

He could see the hurt in her eyes and it broke his heart, but he wanted to get her upstairs as fast as he could and if her getting mad at him did the trick then so be it. “Just, go upstairs,” he said again as he took a step away from her.

“Fine,” she said stiffly before turning on her heels. “Be alone for all I care.”

He watched in sorrow as she stalked up the stairs, but knew that for now she was safe. Remembering his father he turned around to see him starring up at him. “Get out.”

“A Weasley?” He shook his head. “Tut tut…and I thought you couldn’t sink no lower.”

“Get out,” Draco repeated and pulled out his wand. He wasn’t going to attack unless he had to. This wasn’t the time or the place.

He chuckled. “Looks like I struck a nerve. Now I know how to get you where it really hurts.”

Draco’s hand started to shake with a mixture of fear and anger. “You hurt her and I will kill you.”

Lucious sneered. “I’d like to see you try. We’ll meet again Draco, you can bet your life on it.”

Draco kept his wand trained on his father as he watched him run to the window and jumped into the night sky. By the time he got to the window himself there was no sign of his father. He slammed the window and locked it as he frantically cursed his father over and over again. He knew about Ginny. His worst fear had come true and knew that his father would use her in any way he could.

He rushed up the stairs taking two at a time desperate to see Ginny, just to assure himself that she was safe. She was back in his bed sleeping on her side and relief overwhelmed him as he walked to his bed. She was safe and he was going to make sure it stayed that way.

He slipped under the covers and immediately turned to her back, wrapping his arm around her. She tensed when he pulled her up against him and he hated himself for that. “I’m sorry,” he breathed into her hair. He took a shaky breath, breathing in her scent of roses she always carried. “I’m so sorry.” He felt her body relax and he shut his eyes and held her tight. “I’m scared, Gin. So scared.” He nuzzled her hair and moved his lips to her ear. “I love you so much it scares the hell out of me.”

She sighed and finally turned to him. “Draco…what happened?”

He shut his eyes as he tried not to think about his father and his threats. “Nightmare,” he murmured and kissed her forehead. “I can’t loose you, Gin.”

“You won’t,” she assured him as he reached up and kissed him softly. “I promise.”

“I need you,” he breathed into her mouth before their touched. “Merlin, I can’t stop shaking.”

“Shh,” she whispered as she rolled him over on his back. “Relax, baby.”

Draco closed his eyes as he let Ginny run kisses along his chest. He took a deep calming breath as he let himself fill up with Ginny. The feel, taste and smell of her surrounded him as he started to relax. He lifted his hips happily when she tugged at his pants and watched with desire as she pulled his shirt over her head.

She didn’t waste anytime as she took himself into her slowly as he arched and hissed at the feel of her surrounding him. “Ginny,” he whispered as he rested his hands on her hips urging her to move. With her back arched she rode him and the sight was absolutely breathtaking. He leaned up and held her tightly to him, burying his face her neck as she never broke her rhythm.

He shuddered with her as they came together and he nuzzled his face between her breasts as emotions started to spill out of him.

Ginny felt the tears streaming down her skin before she realized Draco was the one who shed them. Her heart went out to him as she held him close and started to rock him, strumming her fingers in his hair. She had never seen him shed one tear to her and tonight he wept as he clung to her like she was the only thing he needed. “Shh,” she murmured as she kissed his temple. “Lie with me.”

Draco felt himself being pushed back onto the bed, but he didn’t let go of her. He was on his side now and their legs were tangled together and he was still deep inside her. The last thing he remembered hearing before he fell asleep was Ginny whispering, “I love you.”

38. Authors Note--Please Read

Hey guys. I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to update again this week, but the last couple of days has been pretty hard on me. Tuesday night, my cat Stinker(who I wrote about in Four of Hearts) didn’t return to my apartment last night. Next morning I found out he got hit by a car. I was devastated. That cat was my baby and I adored him. For those of you who are huge animal lovers like I am can sympathize with me. It’s not fun losing an animal, especially like this. Stinker was barely a year old and I got him for my birthday last year. He was the coolest cat and just like that he’s gone. I’ve been a wreck, all day Wednesday I cried and cried, I’ve barely eaten and writing was the last thing on my mind. I made myself sick…literally. I had high fever a couple of nights ago, but I’m a bit better now. Tomorrow morning I leave for Arkansas for my sister’s baby and I will be gone a week. I don’t know, maybe I’ll have time to write and I can update on my sister’s computer, but I can’t promise you anything. I just wanted to share this with you, so you wouldn’t think I’ve just stopped writing. Take care you guys, okay? I promise I’ll be back in a week if not sooner. Love you much!

~HM

39. Chapter 36

Hey guys! Thank you so much for all your kind words and your understanding. I really, really appreciate it. I just got back from Arkansas last night and I have a brand new nephew! I’m so excited. My sister named it after our two dads. Our dad Timothy died when we were young and my mom re-married Charles(Everyone calls him Corky). Anyway the baby’s name is Charles Timothy, but we’re calling him Charlie. He’s so cute! I feel a lot better, I still miss Stinker of course, but soon I’ll get a new cat and I’ll love him just as much, although there will be a place in my heart just for my Stinker man.

As for the story, I was able to write more. It’s not long, I don’t have time to write anymore I have to get to a Super Bowl party in less then an hour. I’ll try and right more this week, I promise! Thanks again for everything!!

Chapter 36

It was late afternoon on an unusual pretty day in April and only two people occupied the prefects common room. Ronald Weasley was stretched out on the couch with rolls of parchment scattered everywhere as he skimmed over his untidy scribbles of notes on the History of Magic. He hated studying, but N.E.W.T.S were around the corner and Hermione was pressuring him to get serious about studying and as he hated to admit it, she was right. He couldn’t put it off any longer.

However, he had no clue that studying while your girlfriend is curled up in a chair close by would be this difficult. He was having a rather difficult time concentrating. His eyes flickered over to Luna to see that she was staring at him with smirk on her face. “Would you stop staring at me, you are enough of a distraction as it is.”

“I can’t help it,” she sighed as she rested her chin in her hands. “You’re so cute.”

“Luna, I’m serious,” he said with a laugh. “N.E.W.T.S are around the corner and Hermione is on my ass. I need to study.”

She grinned. “Well, I wouldn’t want you to anger Hermione.”

“Hey, you laugh at me, but anyone who’s smart will make sure not to anger Hermione. She’s scary when she’s mad.” He sighed as he went back to his notes. “How Harry can handle that mad woman, I have no idea.”

She shrugged. “A lot of people wonder the same thing about you being with me.”

Ron put down his notes. “What? What people? What are you talking about?”

“It’s no big deal, Ron,” she said laughing it off. “Just girls wondering why you picked me out of all the girls at Hogwarts.”

Ron blinked as he watched his girlfriend go back to her book she had lying out on her lap. “Do you know why I picked you?”

“Huh?” she asked looking up. “Oh, no not really, but that’s okay. You have your reasons, just as Harry has his reasons for loving Hermione.”

“Would you like to know the reasons why, Luna?” he asked sitting up and setting his notes aside.

“Oh, Ron you don’t have to,” she said with a wave of her hand.

“Honestly, I’m quite annoyed that you don’t already know.”

“Well, how am I suppose to know? You’ve never told me.”

“I’ve told you I love you,” he pointed out.

She smiled at him. “Yes, and that was enough for me.”

“But I’ve never told you why,” he said realizing this and swung his feet onto the floor. “Well, I better tell you then.”

Luna sighed. “Ron, you don’t have to…”

“I love how incredibly stubborn you are,” he said cutting her off and eyeing her to keep quiet.

Luna pressed her lips tightly together and quietly nodded for him to continue. “I love your smile. When you smile, Luna, you don’t do it halfway. You’re all teeth and a cute little dimple appears right at the corner of your mouth.”

Luna blushed as she looked down at her lap. “Ron…”

“Hush, I’m not done.” He looked at her until her blue eyes came in contact with his own. “Luna, I can go on and on about how beautiful you are, because that’s what you are to me. You’re beautiful. But one of the main reasons why I love you so much has nothing to do with your beauty. With other girls, Luna, I felt like I had to be someone else, someone cooler than me. I felt like I had to be this other guy that was so far off from what I really am. With you Luna, I know I can be myself. I don’t have to prove anything to you and I love that I can be my usual dorky self and you’d still love me.”

“Oh, Ron,” she said as her eyes filled with tears. “I’ve always loved you for the way you were.”

“I know,” he said softly. “I was blind at first. An idiot for not realizing what I had right under my nose. I love you, Luna. I love all of you.”

“I love you, too,” she cried as she got up from her seat and flung herself onto him and assaulted him with frantic kisses.

Ron laughed as he lied back pulling her down with him as he let her run kisses all over her face. “Luna, I should probably get back to…”

“If you think you’re going to study after displaying that wonderful romantic speech you are completely crazy.” She kissed him on the mouth, long and hard as she plunged her tongue inside his mouth over and over again.

Ron groaned as his fingers gripped strands of her blonde hair. “Luna….”

“Besides,” she said breathlessly against his mouth. “We can’t let this empty common room go to waste, now can we? How often is it empty?”

“Good point,” he said with a nod and pushed her head back towards his until their lips and tongue met. His hands slid over her back down to her hips and gripped them tightly as she straddled his lap. He groaned into her mouth as he ran his hands up her smooth thighs that were hidden underneath her uniform skirt she was still wearing. Merlin, when he was younger he had no idea how sexy the girls could be in their uniforms.

Luna loved kissing Ron. It was like an addiction she didn’t want to get over. It was so easy with him, she could kiss him all day and never stop. She dove her tongue into his mouth as she moved against him, causing him to moan and jerk his hips up to hers. She smiled inside loving the fact that she made such an effect on him. Just with a move of her hips or the slightest kiss and he was putty in her hands. She purred in pleasure when she felt his hands stroke her thighs and ran kisses down his neck as her hands slipped under his shirt.

“Merlin, you two, get a room.”

Dammit. Intruders.

Ron groaned in protest when Luna pulled away and then glared at Harry and Hermione. “Easy for you to say,” Ron said sitting up with Luna still straddling his lap. “Some of us don’t have the luxury of a private common room.”

Harry grinned and looked over at his girlfriend. “Well, that’s true.”

“Is everything all right?” Luna asked.

“Yeah, we just needed to find you two to let you know to stop by our common room after dinner,” Hermione said. “Dumbledore asked all of us to be there, we don’t know why though.”

“What do you reckon he wants?” Ron asked worried.

“Don’t know,” Harry said with a shrug. “He did say it was good news so no need to worry.”

“We’ll let you two get back to what you were doing,” Hermione said as she took Harry’s hand. “See you at dinner.”

“What do you suppose Dumbledore wants?” Ron asked Luna when they were alone again.

“With Dumbledore you never know I guess.” She then cupped his face with her hands and pushed her fingers through his hair. “Now, where were we?”

“Hmmm,” he said sliding his hands under her skirt again and rested them on her hips. “I think we were about right here.”

“Ahh yes,” she smiled as she moved against him and nipped at his lips. “I remember.”

40. Chapter 37

Okay, I know I’ve been gone like…forever! But I really needed to take a sabbatical and take a break from Harry Potter. First news…I got a new cat! His name is Alfie and he’s so freakin adorable! He’s a big time snuggle bunny and he will just sit in my lap for hours. He’s a black and white tuxedo cat and he has green eyes. I almost named him Harry! Hehe. Anyway, I just needed some time with him and other stuff, but now I’m back and the next update is great! Well worth the wait…at least I hope it is. Anyway enjoy guys!!

Chapter 37

That night immediately after dinner, the six of them went straight to Harry and Hermione’s common room, all anxious to see why Dumbledore wanted to see them. Harry plopped down on the couch and Hermione sat next to him, leaning back against him as he put an arm around her. Ron and Luna took the other end of the couch sitting in a similar position , while Draco and Ginny took the empty arm chair.

“So we have no idea what this is about?” Draco asked as he sat down and pulled Ginny gently in his lap.

“No idea,” Harry said with a shrug. “But he said it had to be tonight.”

“What’s so special about tonight?” Ron asked.

“Well, it is a full moon,” Hermione pointed out. “Maybe it has to do with Remus.”

“Once again you are correct, Miss Granger.”

Everyone turned to the sound of Dumbledore’s voice to see him standing by the entrance. Next to him, looking extremely exhausted as he leaned against Tonks for support, was a werewolf free Remus Lupin.

“Remus?” Harry said as he jumped to his feet. He looked to his friend to see that they were just as shocked as he was. “How? What? I don’t understand.”

Remus gave him a wobbly smile. “Well, Dumbledore’s old friend had been studying werewolves all his life and finally came up with a cure. I was his guinea pig.”

“Oh Remus,” Hermione cried as she ran to him and the other girls trailed behind. They were teary-eyed as they took their turns hugging him and giving him kisses on the cheek.

“You look so tired,” Hermione said as she sniffed back her tears. “Here…come sit down.”

“I’ll leave you two to talk,” Dumbledore said to Tonks and Remus. “I have to get back to my office.”

“Thank you, Albus,” Remus said as he let the kids fuss over him and help him to the couch.

“How do you feel?” Luna asked.

“I feel better than I look. You should have seen me the first time I tried the potion.”

“He was half werewolf and half human,” Tonks said. “He was still in human form, but had some ears and fur.”

“But I wasn’t a threat. I recognized Tonks and didn’t want to harm her.”

“We’re so happy for you,” Ginny cried softly and Draco put an arm around her for comfort.

“Thanks,” Remus replied and then shook his head. “I still can’t believe it. I’m not use to all this, I’ve been a werewolf all my life.”

“Well, get use to it,” Tonks said as she placed a hand over his and gave it a squeeze. “You deserve to be free.”

All six teenagers looked at each other as they tried not to look at Tonks and Remus sharing a moment. Ron cleared his throat as he looked up at the ceiling while Ginny tried not to giggle but stopped when Draco nudged her.

“What?” Remus finally asked sensing the change in the room.

Everyone turned red and looked anywhere but at them. “Er…” Harry started as he rubbed the back of his head. “We all kind of know…about the two of you.”

Remus and Tonks both turned shades of magenta as they looked at each other then back at the teenagers who couldn’t seem to control their grins. “How exactly?” Remus asked.

At this everyone turned to Ron who’s eyes widened. “Me? Why do I have to…ow!” Ron winced and rubbed the spot on his arm that Luna pinched. “Oh all right, during Christmas break. Luna and I…well, we were planning on meeting at the drawing room and….er…well…”

“We saw you two,” Luna finished for Ron. “Together.”

Remus cleared his throat. “Just…what exactly did you see?”

“Oh, we left before it got serious,” Luna assured them causing the older couple to sigh with relief.

“Well,” Remus said and cleared his throat.

“We’re all really happy for you two,” Hermione assured them giving them her best smile.

“Really?” Tonks asked looking hopeful.

“Of course,” they all said and nodded in agreement.

“We’d really appreciate it if you didn’t tell anyone,” Remus said. “It’s just something we’d like to keep between the two of us right now.”

“Don’t worry, your secret’s safe with us,” Harry said giving them a small smile. “In fact we all seem to be sharing a secret or two.”

Remus grinned fully knowing about everyone’s new relationship. “We have indeed.”

“We better get back to headquarters,” Tonks said standing up then turned to help Remus.

“We might see you during your next visit to Hogsemeade,” Remus grunted as he staggered onto his feet. “They are sending in some Aurors to supervise this time around since….well last time.”

Harry immediately took Hermione’s hand at the mention of the attack that took Hermione away from him for a few long torturing days. “Are you flooing back.”

“Yes, Dumbledore’s set it up,” Tonks said pulling out some floo powder from a small pouch. “You six stay out of trouble. And keep up the training, Harry.”

Once they were gone, they all returned to their same spots. “Wow, I can’t believe it,” Harry said blowing out a breath.

“It’s wonderful,” Hermione said leaning against her boyfriend. “We all need this I think. Brings us hope.”

Harry responded by kissing her temple, then slid the group into easy conversation. Everyone talked for a good our or so about different things, laughing and enjoying just being together. Everyone was laughing at Draco who did a very accurate impression of Snape. “Potter, you dare breath in my presence? Fifty points from Gryffindor!”

“He never went that far,” Harry said breathless from laughing. “But I wouldn’t be surprised if he did.”

“Well, I’m beat,” Ron said as he stood up and did an unconvincing yawn. “Luna, want me to walk you to your room?”

She smiled. ‘Sure, if you want. Night you guys.”

“Who do they think they’re fooling?” Draco asked as he got to his feet. “Come on Ginny, let’s go fool around.”

Ginny giggled and shrugged at Harry and Hermione. “At least he’s honest.”

Once they left Harry hugged Hermione from behind and buried his face in her hair. “I thought they’d never leave.”

Hermione smiled as she leaned back and tilted her head up toward him. “Desperate to be alone with me, were you?”

“You better believe it,” he said before kissing her softly, letting their lips absorb one another. He pulled back but only a few inches so their lips were still close. “Hermione…about the Hogsmeade visit…we don’t have to go.”

Hermione smiled softly, touched that he cared. “I know, but I want to go. If I let them scare me off they would win and I don’t want that.”

Harry’s eyes softened as he cupped the side of her face. “You’re an amazing woman, Hermione. And a strong one. One of the many reasons why I love you so much.”

“Oh Harry,” she said and closed her eyes, leaning her temple against his chin. “What have I done to deserve you?”

Harry snorted at that. “What have you…Hermione, I think that’s the most stupid question you’ve ever asked.”

Hermione couldn’t help but laugh softly at that. “Was it?”

“Yes,” He said as he tilted her chin up so she had to look at him. “Extremely stupid.” He gave her a long hard kiss on the mouth. “Don’t ever do it again.”

“Yes, sir.” She touched his cheek softly. “I love you, Harry.”

Harry took her hand from his cheek and kissed the center of her palm. “I’ll never get tired of hearing you say that.” He kissed each fingertip then his eyes flickered to hers. “C’mere.”

Their lips met in a soft sweet kiss, opening for each other as their tongues touched, caressed then tasted. Harry moaned in approval as he cupped the back of her neck and brushed his thumb over her cheek while they continued their slow lazy rhythm with mouth and tongue.

Wanting to get closer, Hermione shifted until her chest pressed up against his and flung a leg over so she was now straddling his lap. “Harry,” she murmured against his mouth, sucking softly on his bottom lip before plunging her tongue inside his mouth.

Desperate for soft skin, Harry slipped his hand under her un-tucked blouse until he found what he was seeking. She hummed in her throat as his hands explored her lower back and gasped when he easily unhooked her bra. “You’re getting better at that Mr. Potter.” She grinned slyly at him.

“I’ve got a more than willing subject to practice on,” he teased before cupping her softly with one hand.

Hermione purred as she leaned into his touch, arching her neck as her eyes fluttered closed. “Mmm…I do what I can.”

Harry couldn’t resist the exposed arch of her neck so he tilted his head up and nipped and sucked while his hands kept on caressing. He felt his blood start to hum as the need started to control him. Every time they fooled around the need grew stronger and stronger and this time he knew if he didn’t stop now, he wouldn’t be able to control himself. But Merlin, he didn’t want to stop kissing her…touching her. It felt so good that…Bloody Hell! His eyes widened when he felt her tug at his jeans, fully knowing what she wanted to do to him. On a groan he pulled away. “Hermione,” he gasped taking her hands in his to still her actions. “Wait.”

“What’s wrong?” she asked confused. “I thought you wanted to.”

“I do,” he groaned. “Merlin I do, but…” He sighed as he collapsed against the couch closing his eyes as he tried to gain what little self control he had left.

“But what?” she asked as she ran her fingers along his fly.

“Hermione, you’re killing me,” he muttered as she took a shaky breath before sitting back up. “I love when we mess around Hermione, but right now I’m filled with so much need and want for you I…I don’t trust myself to stop when you say stop.”

Touched she lifted a hand to fiddle with his bangs. “What if I didn’t say stop?”

“I care about you so too much to…wait, what?” His head jerked and his eyes widened

The corner of her mouth lifted. “What if this time we kept going?”

Harry felt his heart banging against his chest so loudly he could barely comprehend his own thoughts. “Hermione,” he said shaking his head to clear it. “Are you saying…”

“Shh,” she whispered placing her fingers against his mouth. “Just kiss me and we’ll see what happens.”

“Hermione, if I kiss you again I won’t have much self control left.”

“And if you don’t kiss me right now I’ll scream.” She then moved where she ached the most against his fly, causing him to groan. “Don’t make me have to seduce you, Harry.”

“Bloody hell,” he hissed when she rocked again. “Too late for that.” He grabbed her face and brought her lips slamming back on his, kissing her deeply and desperately as they held onto each other tight. They both knew where this would going and they both couldn’t wait to get there.

Her hands tugged on his shirt, yanking it up desperate for flesh against flesh. Harry pulled back long enough to lean back and strip. He groaned when Hermione started to assault his chest with frantic kisses and he buried his fingers in her hair while he let her. “Upstairs,” he gasped as he delt with the left over buttons on Hermione’s shirt before pulling it off of her. “First time should be in a bed. He hugged her close, enjoying the feel of his bare chest rubbing against hers.


“Hurry,” she breathed as she attacked his ear with teeth and tongue. “Hurry.”

“Bloody hell,” he groaned as he managed to get to his feet with her still straddling his waist. He tried to watch where he was going as Hermione was now moved her assault to his neck then frantically started to move against him. “For the love of Merlin don’t do that,” he groaned as he staggered up the stairs that seemed to never end. “It will be all over before it begins.”

She just giggled and kissed him on the mouth as he used the wall as a guide and stumbled onto his bedroom door. He pressed her against it as he fumbled clumsily at the knob before finally opening it, causing Harry to almost loose his balance. He set her down but kept her down, as they laughed foolishly while they shuffled their way to the bed.

“Wait,” Harry said catching her before they fell on the bed. “Wait a second I need to…” He took a deep breath. “This is going to fast and I’ll be damned if I take you for the first time fumbling and groping just…give me a second.”


“Harry,” she said softly but her heart was racing.

“Let me look at you,” he said as he cupped her face. “Let me just…I love you and I just want to treat you right.”

Hermione lifted her arms around his neck and kissed him softly. “I trust you, Harry.” She kissed him again, slowly and lazily until both of them practically melted in each others arms. “Make love with me, Harry.”

Harry gazed into her eyes that glistened from the moonlight that shone from his bedroom window and knew…right then and there that he would never forget this moment. He kissed her then as they slowly began to remove the remaining clothes that were still left. Harry stepped out of his pants and boxers then circled his arms around her waist lifting her up before gently laying her on his bed.

He took his time with her, tasting every inch of her skin, touching every soft curve, until she withered anxiously beneath him. Since he was well aware that the first time for a girl wasn’t too comfortable, he wanted her practically sedated with pleasure by the time he was ready. So he took her on that high with his fingers first until she was all but sobbing with pleasure.

He kissed her gently as he positioned himself above her, waiting until her glazed eyes fluttered to his. “Hermione,” he breathed as he slowly entered her inch by inch, kissing her deeply so her mind would hopefully be off the pain. She gasped, flinched, moaned then went limp all by the time he was fully sheathed inside her. “You okay?: he asked breathlessly. Merlin, it felt so good, he never imagined anything could feel as good as this.

“Harry, you feel…wonderful,” she moaned as she arched against him. “Please.”

He grabbed her hands linking his fingers with hers before pinning them on either side of her head. She squeezed them as they began to rock together as one. Her eyes closed as she concentrated on every feel of skin rubbing against skin. Of every smooth lazy stroke until she felt it start to build up inside her. Harry….oh my…oh, Harry.”

Harry buried his face against her throat as he shuddered and collapsed in both shock and sheer exhaustion. “Hermione,” he breathed as he laid his head down on her chest, listening to her rapid heartbeat. “Hermione.” He couldn’t function enough to say anything else. He closed his eyes when she started to strum her fingers through his hair. He moved then, kissing the soft skin above her heart then trailed wet kisses along her neck then up to her mouth. “You okay?”

She sighed with her arms still around him. “Never better.”

“So…” He pushed back strands of her hair that stuck to the sides of her face. “It was okay?”

She giggled and kissed him on his cute mouth. “More than. Let’s do that again.”

His eyes widened. “Now?”

She laughed. “You are so cute.” So cute she had to kiss him again. “No, not now. I’m still a bit sore and..”

“Sore?” he repeated as he started to get up. “I’m…”

“Don’t you dare go anywhere,” she said wrapping all her limbs tighter around him to keep him deep inside her. “It’s a good kind of sore, Harry.”

He sighed in defeat then kissed her quickly. “Don’t move,” he said and shifted to get up.

“Where are you going?” she asked as he pulled out, already feeling empty without him.

“I’ll be right back,” he assured her and crawled out of bed and padded over to the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

Hermione fell against the pillows in complete exhaustion, yet she was wide awake. She smiled to herself as she could feel herself glowing from the aftermath. “I just made love with, Harry,” she said quietly to herself and chuckled in delight. She couldn’t wait to get her hands on him again.

A few moments later Harry emerged from the bathroom wearing only a smile on his face. Before she could even speak he gathered her up in his arms, cradling her like a baby. “Harry,” she laughed as he took her to the bathroom. “What are you….oh…why…you drew me a bath.” Unbelievably touched she kissed him softly. “That’s so sweet. You’re so sweet I could just eat you up.”

“Another time,” he said carrying her over to the claw footed bathtub over flowing with bubbles and set her inside. “Go on and sink yourself in,” Harry said helping her all the way down.

She sighed as she leaned back against the lip of the tub. “This is heavenly.”

“I’ll give you some time to relax,” he said kissing her forehead before standing up.

Harry,” she said grabbing his wrist before he could walk off. “It would eve be more heavenly if you’d join me.”

He swallowed the lump in his throat. “Hermione, this is for you.”

“I know,’ she said tugging at him until he had no choice but to step in. “And I want you here with me.”

Harry let himself be led down into the water in front of Hermione. “Well,” he sighed as she pulled his back against her chest, wrapping all four limbs around him. “If you insist.” He nestled his head against her shoulder and tilted his head up so they could share a smile than a kiss. He moaned as he snuggled deeper into the water closing his eyes as he let himself relax with her. “I could get use to this.”

She smiled against his temple. “We’re going to have to make this a weekly event.”

“Or nightly.”

She giggled. “Or nightly,” she agreed and then sneakily slipped a hand under the water and explored.

Harry peeked an eye open. “Hermioneee…what are you…ah, bloody hell,” he hissed when she wrapped her fingers around him. “That’s not playing fair.”

“I have a need for you again, Mr. Potter,” she all but purred in his ear as she continued to stroke him. “Feels like you have a need as well.”

“Are you trying to kill me?” he asked as he turned around to loom over her.

She grinned as she sunk lower and lifted her hips to his. “Yes, is it working?”

They both groaned in approval when he was inside her in one smooth thrust. “Most definitely,” he whispered as they began to move together. “Most definitely.”

Later, when the water was cold and half of it was now on the floor, rather in the tub, they emerged from it and dried each other off. They shared sweet kisses as they shuffled their way back to the bed and collapsed onto the bed.

They had each other again on the bed, this time fast, hard and desperate. Harry rolled off of her and Hermione immediately snuggled up against him both murmuring quick words of love before sleep finally took them over into a dreamless oblivion.

41. Chapter 38

Hello all! Yes, I’m alive and well, sorry for the long wait. A lot of things have been going on and been really busy, and it’s not going to get any better. I’m going to be busy every weekend this month so my updates won’t frequent. Sorry guys. Here’s an update for now.

Chapter 38

Even after the disastrous events during the last Hogsmeade visit, Three Broomsticks was still packed. In fact even more so that the six of them had a difficult time finding a table. Luckily, they were able to snag a curcular booth to snug into and barely fit.

They ordered around of butterbeers and Harry treated, telling the guys they could get the next round. The pub was loud and they had to lean close to each other to talk. Harry picked up his drink that was just placed in front of him and scanned the bar as he took a sip. He noticed that most people were relaxed and having a good time, but was able to pick out a few that were tense as they stole wary glances at the front door. At one point, the door flew open and one or two people jumped, including Hermione. Harry saw her relax when she realized it was just a student with arms so full of packages he had to kick the door open.

“Hey,” Harry said placing a hand over hers. “Want to get out of here? Go for a walk?”

“Oh, no that’s okay, Harry,” she said giving him a small smile. “We can stay.”

“Hermione,” he said leaning closer to her so she could hear him over the noisy crowd. “Let’s get out of here. Just you and me?” He kissed the soft spot below her ear, causing her to gigle softly. “Maybe hike up to the Shrinking Shack?”

She shuddered out a breath and grabbed his hand. “Let’s go,” she demanded and tugged him out of the booth.

“Hey, were are you to going?”

“Er…a walk, see ya!” Harry grined waving at them over his shoulder as Hermione continued to drag him out the door. “Jeez, Hermione, I knew you liked walks, but slow down a bit.”

“What can I say, you made a walk sound so intriguing.”

Harry smiled as he wrapped an arm around her. “I do what I can. Besides, it’s been awhile since I’ve been able to have you to myself.”

They headed towards the outskirts of the village towards the Shrinking Shack. “That’s what you get for being to busy for me,” she said reaching up to kiss his cheek.

“It’s all Tanner’s fault.” He kissed her. “He’s evil.”

“Harry wait up!”

Harry and Hermione turned. “Well speak of the devil,” he said when he saw Tanner and a pretty brunette walking up to them. “I was just talking about you.”

“Should I ask what about?” he asked with a grin.

“No. Is this the famous Veronica?”

“It surely is,” he boasted pulling her to his side.

“It’s nice to meet you, this is my girlfriend, Hermione.”

“Hello,” Hermione smiled shaking the older woman’s hand.

“I’ve heard so much about you, Harry,” Veronica said with a smile. “Tanner says you’re a hard worker.”

“Well, he works me hard. So, are you two off or on duty?”

“On actually,” Tanner said. “We’re suppose to blend in with the crowd, just to make sure if there was another attack. Leave it to Veronica though to make time for shopping.”

“Our wedding is around the corner, Tanner, every chance we get should be taken.” She rolled her eyes at Hermione. “Learn from my mistakes, just leave the guy out of it and take care of it yourself.”

“Hey, I told you time and time again that I couldn’t pick out china with you,” Tanner said in his defense. “I don’t know the first thing about it.”

“Obviously. He actually wanted to pick this cheesy dish with a hippogriff on it.”

Tanner huffed out a breath. “They are a symbol of love for crying out loud.”

“I know, that’s why I took pity on you.” She kissed his cheek. “Your heart was in the right spot.”

Harry chuckled. “You two are going to be very happy together, I’m sure.”

“Yeah,” Tanner said beaming already forgetting their harmless tiff. “Isn’t she great?”

“Yeah, she’s honestly too good for you, Tanner. You got lucky.”

“Hey, I could say the same to you, junior,” he said pointing at him.

Harry just grinned. “Touche.”

“Well look who it is,” a familiar voice came from behind them. “It’s Harry Potter and his mud blood girlfriend.”

Harry turned and scowled when he saw Crabbe and Goyle strutting towards them. “What are you two doing here? Last time I checked you two were expelled.”

“Last time I checked this wasn’t Hogwarts property.”

“Why, they’re idiots,” Tanner said after a quick study of them and flashed a look to Harry. “We could take them no problem.”

“Actually, Tanner, I’d like a go at it myself.”

He sighed. “I guess I’ll let you have all the fun. It’s the least I can do. I’ll be here to back you up.”

“Hermione, step back,” Harry said as he pushed her gently to Tanner and Veronica.

“Harry, what are you…”

“Don’t worry, Tanner taught me well.” He turned to Crabbe and Goyle. “You goons ready?”

Wands at the ready they pointed at Harry and waited. “You just going to stand there or are you going to pull out your wand, Potter?”

He shrugged. “Don’t need it.”

They both snorted out a laugh. “Fine, your death wish. The Dark Lord will reward us on your stupidity.”

“Don’t count on it,” Harry said and with wicked speed he grabbed Goyle’s wrist and twisted. He howled in pain as he doubled over and Harry took his wand out and threw it to Tanner. Before Crabbe could even think of a spell to use on Harry, he rotated on his back leg and kicked his wand out of his hand. “Looks like it’s a fair fight now,” Harry said before turning his attention back to Goyle who was still doubling over and kicked his right foot straight in his face.

Goyle was down flat on his back and Harry turned to Crabbe just in time to block his pathetic attempt at a punch and then counter back with his fist plowing in Crabbe’s gut. He grunted as he crumbled on his hands and knees, but Harry wasn’t finished as he dragged him up by his shirt. “Had enough?” Harry asked the half unconscious Crabbe before finally slamming his head against his causing him to crumble to the ground.

Goyle managed to stagger up and grab Crabbe as they stumbled away from Harry in fear. “Give Voldemort my best regards!” Harry called after them.

He turned to see Veronica cheering for him and Hermione staring in shock with her jaw dropped to the floor. “Well, how was that?” he asked Tanner.

Tanner sniffed as he dabbed his eyes. “I promised myself I wouldn’t cry,” he choked and grabbed Harry by the shoulders. “That was…beautiful.”

“Aww, shucks…it was nothing really.”

“Oh brother,” Veronica said with a roll of her eyes. “Let’s go, Tanner before you start embarrassing yourself.”

“My boy is growing up and kicking ass, sweetie,” he sniffed as he let her pull her away.

“Yes, yes, it’s very touching.”

Harry grinned and looked at Hermione who was still speechless. “You going to say anything?”

“I…I…wow.” She gazed at him with a look of utter belief. “I have to say that I find that side of you very sexy.”

His grinned widened. “Really?”

She groaned as she grabbed his shirt and yanked him forward. “Really.” She then jumped him causing him to stumble back a bit as her lips assaulted his. “Merlin, that turned me on.”

“So I….mmmm…see. Woah, careful there or I’ll take you right here.”

“I wouldn’t stop you,” she breathed. “Harry, whether we haul ass back to the castle or you take me here, I don’t care just decide. After seeing that fine display of masculinity I’m sorry, but I have to have you.”

He groaned and yanked her higher on his waist. “In the trees,” he said as his hands already disappeared under her skirt. “It’s closer, yet a little bit more private.”

“Good.” She bit his bottom lip. “Hurry.”

Harry staggered towards the trees as their lips stayed locked as tongue glided over tongue and teeth nipped. Harry pushed her against a tree and she immediately worked on the fly of his pants while he dragged down her panties. “No finesse this time,” he groaned and slowly pushed his way inside her.

She moaned in approval. “No, not this time…fast and hard, Harry.”

Harry wrapped her legs around his waist and grind his hips with hers once before nipping at her ear. “Hold on tight.”

42. Chapter 39

Hey guys, here’s an update. Enjoy!

Also, for those who don’t know, go check out my new songfic. It’s titled Champagne High

Chapter 39

You would think, Harry pondered as the neat handwriting of Hermione’s notes started to blur. That considering he was the only wizard with the power to take on the Dark Lord he would be exempt from NEWTS. But was he? No…of course not.

For the past six weeks he had been cramming for his NEWTS as much as possible. He hardly had time for anything else. He still had his training he had to squeeze in and made time to eat whenever possible, usually after hours in the kitchen. He couldn’t remember the last time he had been with Hermione, who had been doing some cramming of her own.

They both studied until their eyelids drooped heavily, then helped each other up the stairs and collapsed in complete exhaustion. They would be lucky if they were awake long enough to give a good night kiss.


Now with four tests over and done with he had one more to complete in thirty minutes. It was the most dreaded of all. Potions. He was determined to nail it. To know ever question in a blink of an eye. He wanted to impress Snape, as weird as that sounded and most importantly he wanted to prove to himself he could do it.

Hermione gazed over and studied Harry. He had his elbows propped on the table, his fingers pulling back his messy hair as he stared at his notes without even blinking. He looked like he was possessed. She touched his arm lightly and jumped when he jumped. “Harry, you need to stop.”

“No, no I’m fine,” he said rubbing his tired eyes.

“Harry, you know this.” She pulled her notes away. “No more studying.”

Harry fell back in his chair and blew out a breath. “Isn’t that usually my line to say to you?”

“I’ve decided to switch roles.”

They shared a smile then he looked over at Ron on the couch with Luna who was quizzing him on Divination. “How’s it going, Ron?”

“Don’t ask. Luna won’t stop asking me questions.”

“Ronald, your test is in fifteen minutes!”

“I realize this.” He tore the book away from Luna. “I’ll do fine. Besides, Divination is 75% bullshit.”

“He does have a point,” Hermione smirked.

“I’m glad I took Hermione’s advice and bailed Divination,” Harry commented.

“Argh!” Draco scowled as he slammed his book closed. “NO more I can’t take it!”

Ginny stared at her boyfriend. “Draco, calm down.”

“You just wait till your turn, missy!”

“It will be over soon.” Harry stood up and collected all his junk. “Let’s head on over and get this over with.”

“Good idea,” Ron said and stood up to stretch. “You know, we should throw a party here…after the NEWTS. Seventh years only. And dates.”

“Sounds fun,” Ginny said. “Luna and I will spread the word while you guys are testing.”

They all walked out of the common room and headed down the hall still planning the party. “Two of us can sneak into Hogsmeade for butterbeer.”

“Maybe firewhiskey.” Everyone stared at Hermione who then shrugged. “Hey after what we’ve been through? We deserve it.”

Harry grinned at her. “Isn’t she fantastic?”

“Yeah, a regular gem,” Draco said. “Let’s go take this damn thing.”

“Good luck, baby,” Ginny said giving him a good luck kiss.

“I’ll walk you to your test,” Luna said to Ron.

“Okay. See you in a few guys.”

Draco, Harry and Hermione walked into the room that held the Potions NEWTS to take their last and final test at Hogwarts.

XXXX

Hermione paced the hallway as she waited for Harry to finish his testing. Hermione was the first to finish and just like she was instructed she dropped off her written test at the front and went over to the next room to take the second part which they had to brew five different kinds of potions. She had just been finishing up her last potion when Harry walked in to start on his.

Now she was waiting as she continued to pace the hallway. Every time the door opened she would stop, hold her breath, but when it wasn’t Harry, she would blow it back out and start pacing again.

This went on for about thirty minutes before Harry finally did come out, with Draco trailing behind him. The instant she saw the smile on his face, she knew he had passed it with flying colors. She ran to him laughing as she threw herself at him, wrapping her legs around him and hugged him fierce.

Harry laughed as he caught her, stumbling back as he did and happily obliged when she started kissing him over and over again. “Wow, if I knew this was waiting for me I would have tried to finish sooner.”

“Hey, what about me?” Draco pouted.

“Go find, Ginny,” Harry said. “This one’s mine.”

“Oh stop,” Hermione laughed as she wiggled her way down and gave Draco a kiss on the cheek. “Congrats.”

“Thanks,” he grinned.

“I’M FREEEEEE!!!”

The three turned to the loud booming voice to see Ron running down the hallway like a madman hooting and hollering. He stopped once long enough to pick up a poor first year girl from Ravenclawe, spin her in a circle while she shrieked, put her down and continued on with his raving.

“Draco, who I once despised and wished a slow painful death. Here, give us a hug!”

Draco grunted when Ron pulled him into a brotherly hug. “Lay off, Weasley!” Draco pushed him away once he got over the shock that Ron was actually hugging him.

Ron pulled away and turned to Hermione. “Ah, my savior who always busted my arse to study.” He grabbed her face with his hands and gave her a loud smacking kiss on the mouth, causing Hermione to laugh breathlessly.

“Hey, go find your own woman to kiss,” Harry protested as he pulled him away.

“Ah, Luna, the love of my life! I must fine her!”

“He’s mental!” Harry exclaimed. “He’s finally cracked.”

“I’m going to fine, Ginny,” Draco said shaking his head as he walked. He only smiled to himself when his back was turned. Who knew having weird friends was so entertaining?

“Let’s go,” Harry took he hand and tugged her along.

“Go? Go where?”

“To a broom closet. It’s been awhile since I’ve had my hands on you.”

“Oh.” She then sighed dreamily, almost as bad as Luna. “Okay.”

XXXX

I know this was short, but I promise my next update will be a little longer and I won’t take as long. This was just a little filler.

43. Chapter 40

Here’s another update! A little bit longer than the last one. I should probably have another update up this weekend. I’ve been planning the end of the year since the beginning so it’s easy to write it all down. So you won’t have to wait long. Enjoy the chapter!!

Chapter 40

It didn’t take long for the word to get out that there was an exclusive party at the Head Boy/Girl common room. With plates of food at everyone’s fingertips, thanks to Dobby, and bottles and bottles of butter beer along with a bottle or two of fire whiskey.

Someone brought along a Wizard Wireless so music was pumping as everyone goofed off, chatted away about the dreadful NEWTS and how glad it felt to be done with it. As the night grew on more people were getting wild, couples were in corners making out, guys were playing Exploding Snap, but making a drinking game out of it.

Dean also started a Muggle drinking game he had learn about from an American he had met during the summer. “He called it Quarters…American money, but I thought we’d call it Sickles. He held up a silver coin as Harry, Hermione, Ron, Luna, Draco and Ginny gathered around the circular table, waiting for instructions. “Everyone fill up your glasses of firewhiskey and set it in the middle of the table, surrounding the extra glass in the middle.”

“I don’t know about this,” Hermione sighed but filled up her glass anyway.

“It’ll be fun,” Harry cheered.

“What you have to do is bounce the coin off the table and try to make it into a glass. If it lands in your glass, you have to drink, but if it lands in someone else’s glass they have to drink.”

“What if it lands in the extra glass in the middle?” Luna asked as she arranged all the small glasses together and it took shape of a flower almost, with the middle glass in the middle.

“Ah, if it lands in the middle glass, it’s a race. You grab your drink and chug. Last person to finish has to drink the middle glass.”

“Nice!” Ron said as he rubbed his hands together. “This sounds fun.”

“I’ll show you how to do it once, then I’m going to start my own game with the guys.” He then held the coin flat with his middle finger and thumb, slam it down on the table into the cluster of glasses and it landed right in Ron’s drink. “Drink up, Weasley.”

“Blast,” he muttered but took a shot and then refilled his glass.

“Here, have fun, the person keeps going until he or she misses and if you make it three times in a row, you get to make up a rule that everyone follows.”

“What kind of rule?” Draco asked.

“Well, my friend said the Thumb Rule is a popular one. If the person puts his thumb on the edge of the table, everyone has to do it and the last person who doesn’t drinks. But you can make up your own.”

“All right, let’s play this game,” Harry grabbed the coin from Dean and took his aim. It clang against the table then plopped right in Hermione’s glass.

“Harry!” Hermione shrieked.

“Sorry luv,” he said with a shrug. “Drink up.

She scowled at him as she picked up her drink then took the shot of Fire Whiskey. She winced and blew out a breath. “That’s stuff is dangerous.” She took the bottle of butter beer at her side to wash it down. “You’ll pay for that one, Harry.”

“Whatever you say.” He took the coin and threw it on the table. He grinned when it landed in Draco’s.

“You are too good at this, Potter,” Draco sneered and then took a shot then refilled.

“Oh I’m not that good.” He took another turn and it landed in Ginny’s. “Okay, maybe I am.”

“You get to make up a rule,” Luna said.

“That’s right….hmmm, I got it. Every time I kiss Hermione, you have to kiss your significant other. Last one to make contact with their lips, gets a shot.”

“Hey, that means Hermione can never lose.” Ron complained.

“That’s her advantage of loving me, so live with it.” He took another shot, but this time it bounced on a rim and fell on the table.

“About time, give it up,” Hermione said and took aim right for Harry’s and she wasn’t disappointed when it went right in. “Wahoo!”

“You just had to be good at this, too,” he said as he took the shot, winced a little, then refilled.

Hermione missed the second and then it was on to Draco who made two in a row, the first going to the love of his life and the second going to Luna since no one had yet to pick her. “Didn’t want you to feel left out or anything,” Draco said with a wink.

“That’s sweet,” she said thoughtfully and took the shot.

Ron went and made the first shot, but it went in his own glass. “Dammit!” he cursed as he took the shot. His second shot however went right in the middle and everyone scrambled for their own glass and chugged as fast as they could.

Draco slammed his down first, right after Harry, then Ron. Hermione finished next and Luna and Ginny were close, but in the end Ginny took the longest. “Good try, sweetie,” Draco said as he refilled her glass for her.

“You trying to get me drunk so you can take an advantage of me?”

“Maybe, but…hey!” She had all of the sudden grabbed his face and kissed him hard then pulled apart.

Confused, Draco blinked then turned to see Harry and Hermione kissing. “Oh.” His shoulders slumped. “I forgot.”

“We beat you,” Ron said. “Barely.”

This went on for a few more rounds, but when everyone started missing more than making they all decided it was best to stop while they were ahead. Hermione stood up and stumbled a bit, giggling when Harry caught her. “Wow,” she laughed and blew out a breath. “I’m a little drunk.”

“Everyone is, sweetie,” Harry chuckled already deciding that drunk Hermione was adorable. “Let’s go over to the couch. It’s empty and we can go neck.”

“Lead the way, toots!” she said happily and let Harry pull her to the couch.

They practically stumbled onto the sofa, both laughing as they did before their lips met in short innocent pecks on the lips, giggling and tickling in between. Harry moved his kisses along her neck and Hermione gripped his hair with her fingers as she continued to giggle. She sure did laugh a lot when she was drunk.

He was just about to suggest they go upstairs when all of the sudden she gasped and her whole body tensed. He leaned back confused and saw her staring at the fire in complete shock. He turned to the fire to see the head of Dumbledore’s head inside as he had an amused look in his eye. “Professor Dumbledore.”

At his name everyone stopped talking and the music came to a holt. A few people squeaked as they tried their best to hide their bottles of firewhiskey or butterbeer behind their backs. “Sorry to interrupt the party.” Harry could have sworn he was trying his best not to laugh. “Congratulations to all of you for finishing your NEWTS. I’m guessing that’s the cause of the party.”

Everyone shifted uncomfortably as they tried to avoid eye contact, but everyone nodded yes at his answer. “How fun and I won’t keep you, but Harry…I do need to see you in my office.”

“Me?” he asked urgently as he sat up.

“I’m afraid so.” He frowned slightly as he looked at him and Harry had a feeling that it was finally that time. “I won’t keep you too long, Harry. You must come right away.”

His mouth was too dry from the liquor to speak so he just nodded his head and watched Dumbledore fade away. He felt Hermione’s hand on his arm and the immediate presence of his closest friends. Of course they would get it, others went back to partying as soon as he left. “I guess…I better go.”

“I’ll walk with you,” Hermione said as they helped each other up. “How are you feeling?”

“I’m okay. That kind of sobered me up a bit.”

“Would you like us to go with you as well?” Ginny asked.

“No…you guys stay and try to have fun. I’ll be back shortly.” He took Hermione’s hand. “Let’s go.”

The two didn’t speak on the way to his office. Their hands still clasped together as their footsteps echoed down the long hallway leading to the statue of the gargoyle. They stopped in front of it and Harry just stood there not wanting to go in.

“Harry…”

“Shh,” he whispered as he turned to her. “It’ll be okay.” He reached up and touched her cheek. “Wait for me?”

“Of course.”

Harry smiled softly then kissed her softly on the lips, lingering as much as he could. “Love you,” he murmured.

She sighed as she rested her forehead against his. “Love you, too.”

After one last kiss and a quick squeeze of her hand he said the password. Hermione watched him go up the circular stairs, smiling at him one last time before he disappeared. She blew out a breath and began her pacing. She had no idea how long he would be, but it didn’t matter. She wasn’t going anywhere until Harry came back.

They were having such a good time. Playing that ridiculous drinking game, laughing with friends and sharing kisses with one another. It was as if they finally were able to act like normal teenagers for a few hours and she would give anything to go back to that. Where would they be now if Dumbledore hadn’t interrupted? In bed, she decided. Having silly drunken sex.

“Damn him,” she muttered.

She jumped when she finally heard the sound of the stairs moving downwards and watched as Harry stepped out. He nodded sadly as he walked to her, bringing her in his arms as they held each other. “When do you leave?” she whispered as she shut her eyes tight, trying to hold back her tears.

“Day after tomorrow.” He kissed the top of her head. “Break of dawn.”

“I can’t believe it,” she murmured into his chest. “I knew this day was coming but, I can’t believe it’s finally here.”

“Hermione,” he sighed as he rocked. “Don’t be sad…I can’t stand it.”

“I know,” she said leaning away as she sniffed back her tears. “I’m trying to be strong.”

“You are strong,” he said cupping her face and brushing an escaped tear with his thumb. “You are my rock, Hermione.”

She nodded in understanding as she wept softly leaning up to kiss him. She was too choked up to say anything, so she would show how she felt in a kiss. “Where do you want to go?” she whispered after awhile, both trembling as they held on to each other.

“We need to tell the rest. It’s pretty late, I doubt if the party’s still going.”

“They’ll still be there.”

“I don’t doubt it.” He gave her a quick kiss then took her hand. “Let’s not keep them waiting.”

44. Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Hermione awoke from a deep sleep at the slight shaking of the bed she was sleeping on. She shifted onto her back and her eyes fluttered open to see Harry sitting on the edge of the bed. He had one leg cocked up on the bed as he tied his trainers which was the reason of the bed’s slight jiggling. The familiar scent of Irish spring made her realize he was freshly showered and his naked back was still slightly damp. He had on a pair of jeans but had yet pulled on a shirt.

She sat up and crawled up behind him as she snaked her arms around his waist and pressed her naked chest against his bare back. She didn’t say anything as she rested her chin on his shoulder and waited for him to speak. When he finished tying on his last shoe he put his foot on the floor and turned his face slightly toward hers, causing her to lift her head off his shoulder so she could look at him. “I have a meeting with the Order at six.”

She dropped a kiss on his shoulder. “Why so early?”

“I told Dumbledore I wanted it as early as possible.” He placed a hand over her joined fingers that was resting on his stomach. “The sooner I’m out the more I can spend the rest of the day with you.”

She sighed as she rested her cheek against his. “How long will you be?”

“I should be out by noon.” He shifted slightly so he could kiss her then got up on his feet to finish getting dressed. He grabbed a simple gray T-Shirt and pulled it over his head. “Will you do me a favor and have you and Emma meet me in the common room at noon? I need to tell her.”

“Sure, Harry no problem.”

Harry looked at Hermione who was still draped in his sheets looking tired with dark circles under her eyes. He reached out and traced a finger over the dark smudges. “Try to get some more sleep.” He cupped the tip of her chin and tilted her head up. “I didn’t let you sleep much last night.”

Hermione grabbed his wrist before he could pull away. “You needed me.”

He nodded. “I did.” Harry’s heart ached at the remembrance of their night together. They hardly spoke at all. Harry couldn’t remember ever needing someone so much. After he had her he wanted her again and again until finally they both were too exhausted to function any longer and slipped into a deep sleep.

“And I needed you just as much.” She pulled at his arm until he leaned down for a soft kiss. “Go to your meeting. Emma and I will be waiting.”

He nodded slightly before kissing her again. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

After he was gone Hermione snuggled herself in his sheets and took a deep breath as she closed her eyes. His scent still lingered in the air and the comfort in that put her right back to sleep.

She slept for a good three hours before she finally dragged herself out of bed and into the shower. She stayed longer than usual letting the hot spray wake her up until the water turned cold. Dressed in jeans and a light pink blouse she headed for breakfast, although her appetite wasn’t as strong as normal. She made herself eat two slices of bacon and half of buttered toast with jam. It was all she could stomach. Knowing this would be the last day with Harry before he left played at the back of her mind.

He was coming back, she assured herself as she made her way to the Gryffindor common room. He had to come back. She couldn’t live without him. She couldn’t imagine waking up knowing Harry wouldn’t be there. The thought started to bring tears in her eyes so she stopped to give her a minute, forcing them back before a single tear could be shed. She didn’t want Emma to see her this way she had to be strong.

She took another breath and once her eyes were dry she headed on but didn’t get far when she heard a familiar voice calling her name. She turned around to see Ron trotting down the corridor to catch up to her. “Ron. What are you doing here? I thought you’d want to spend time with Luna.”

“Well, I was just with her actually and when I told her Harry had a meeting till noon she yelled at me for not being with my best friend.” He put an arm around her and flashed his teeth. “She was right.”

“Oh Ron,” she sighed as she leaned her head against his shoulder. “You didn’t have to.”

“Course I did. Everyone knows that Luna calls the shots in our relationship.”

She felt the trickle of laughter escape her. “I do love you, Ron.”

“Oh.” He stopped and looked at her. “Well now. I think I might make a fool out of myself and cry a bit.”

Laughter danced in her eyes as she looked up at him. “You? Cry?”

“If anyone could make me cry it be you.” He nudged her playfully with his hip. “You’re my girl.”

“I thought Luna was you’re girl,” she said playfully although she was deeply touched.

“She’s the love of my life,” he corrected with a wink. “You’re my girl.”

She smiled and put an arm through his. “I feel better now.”

“That was my goal. Now. Where are you off to?”

“To find Emma. Harry wants me to tell her to meet us at the common room. Harry should be out of the meeting soon.”

“I’ll go with you.” He said the password to get into Gryffindor tower. “I’ll stay with you till Harry gets back.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I know this is a short one, but I promise I have more time now to update. My best friend got married this weekend, and I’ve known him since the first grade. He was the first to tie the knot in our little group. My traveling has come to an end for awhile, so I should have more time. I’d try and write more, but I’m too tired from watching my Mavricks play tonight. It was so close I’m sure my neighbors hate me from screaming so loud! But we pulled it off and now we’re up 3-2 in the series. Wahoo! Anyway, thanks again for all those great replies and for those of you who haven’t checked it out, go read Champagne High! I only have 22 replies and I think I have more readers than that!

45. Chapter 42

Chapter 42

The meeting ended a little earlier than he thought and he was glad for it. However important the meeting was he was relieved that the planning was over. They were to meet at the courtyard before the sun rose and a handful of them would set off on foot.

Other Aurors were to leave from different locations, following certain Death Eaters that were assigned to. If their plan worked it would eventually lead everyone to Voldemort. Until then, Harry was suppose to lay low and let the Aurors and members of the Order clear the path. At first he didn’t care for the idea of being a coward and hiding if there was an attack, but Remus made him realize the big picture. If a Death Eater slipped by and killed him before his fateful meeting with the Voldemort, their world would be doomed. So he would do his best to stay hidden, but he would still be on alert just in case his services were needed.

Ten till noon he stepped through the common room and stopped short. Love swarmed through him at the sight of Hermione and Emma on the couch. They were looking through Hermione’s photo album together, he imagined they were new pictures from their last year. He stayed still while he implanted the scene in his mind, for it was one of the memories he would take with him. “That’s a pretty picture you two make.”

When they turned, his smile faltered at the sight of Emma’s red swollen eyes. He’d never seen her cry before and his gut clenched at the thought of her shedding tears for him. “Emma.”

She sniffled as she got up and he squatted down to embrace her. “There now,” he murmured as he held her trembling body as she sobbed. “It’s all right.”

“I don’t want you to go.”

Harry looked over a Hermione who was silently crying and his heart crumbled. Nothing was worse than seeing the two most important women in his life cry. He picked Emma up as if she was a toddler and she wrapped her small arms and legs around him as she clung to him, sobbing into his neck. He ran a comforting hand down her hair as he walked over and sat next to Hermione, who immediately leaned into him and rubbed Emma’s back. “Please don’t cry.” He kissed the top of her head. “I can’t stand to see your tears, Emma. It breaks me.”

She took short shaky breaths as Harry comforted while he waited for her to get her bearings. She finally leaned back, sniffling while Harry brushed her tears away. “It isn’t fair. I j-just found y-you and now I m-might lose you.”

“You won’t lose me.” He cupped her face with his hands. “No matter what happens I’ll always…”

“No!” She cried and pushed her head out of his hands. “All my life that’s all I’ve ever heard. ‘Your parents live inside you, Emma.’ ‘They’ll always be with you.’ Don’t they realize it’s not the same?”

“I know it’s not.” He knew exactly what it was like.

“I couldn’t handle it if people said that to me about you. “I won’t have it.”

“Emma.”

“And what of Hermione? If not for me come back for her.”

“I’ll come back for the both of you.” He captured her face again, more firmly this time so she couldn’t jerk her head away. “I’m going to do everything I can to get back to you. Both you and Hermione.”

She studied him with her eyes that belonged to Sirius. “You promise?”

He smiled. “Cross my heart and hope to live.”

Her lips twitched. ‘And you promise that you won’t give up? No matter how hard it gets?”

“I wouldn’t dream of giving up.” He leaned back into the couch pulling her against him and wrapped an arm around Hermione. “You two will be with me every step of the way and give me the extra strength I need.”

Emma snuggled up against his chest. “I love you, Harry.”

His heart swelled. “I love you, too.” He glanced over at Hermione and leaned in for a kiss. “Both of you.”

Harry didn’t know how long the three of them sat there, but it didn’t take long for Emma to fall asleep in his lap. He motioned for Hermione to get up then carefully placed Emma on the couch and covered her with the blanket that was draped over the back. He sighed as he straightened and welcomed Hermione who leaned into him. “I love her so much.”

She placed her head on his shoulder. “I know you do.”

He kissed the side of her head. “Come on. Let’s leave her to sleep and go take a quick walk around the lake.”

She smiled softly with a nod. She was fond of the walks the two had ever since fourth year. It was something that always did together, even when they were just best friends. She let him lead her out of the common room and neither of them spoke as they walked out of the castle hand in hand towards the lake.

“Did you get some more sleep?“ he finally asked once they were a good distance away.

“I did. A few more hours. I spent the morning with Ron, he had just left before you came back.”

“I’m glad he kept you company. He’s a good stress reliever. I bet he made you laugh.”

She smiled. “Not only that, but he got a few giggles out of Emma as well.”

They shared a smile and kept walking around the edge of the lake away from the school. They were halfway around the lake when he finally stopped and turned to her. She silently admired the way the he looked standing there before her. He looked so handsome. Nothing like the shy first year she first met. The wind tugged at his wild hair that was destined to always be out of control and his eyes that were always a deep green were filled with so many emotions. Longing, fear, love and desperation. He didn’t have to speak a word to know how he was feeling for she was feeling it as well.

He took a step towards her and looked down at their joint hands. “Hermione, I made you and Emma a promise that I’ll do everything I can to come back.” His eyes flickered to hers. “I’ll do everything I can to uphold that promise.”

“I know you will.”

He lifted one of their joint fingers and kissed it. “I need you to promise me something. If something happens and I don’t come back, no listen…I need to know that Emma will be okay, Hermione.”

“Harry, what are you saying?”

“I want…I would like you to promise me that you’ll look after her.”

Her heart hitched in her throat. “Harry…”

“She loves you like she would a sister. Or a mother even.” He stepped closer to her and gripped her hands tight telling her he was serious. “You’re the only one I trust with her, the only one I want to raise her if I can’t be there.”

Tears filled her eyes. “Oh Harry.” She leaned against his chest weakly as she cried into his shoulder. “Of course. Of course I’ll take care of her.”

He closed his eyes as he hugged her tight then laid his cheek against the top of her head. “Thank you.” He let out a shaky breath. “I want to come back. So badly. It’s hard to get through a class that your not in with me, how in the bloody hell am I going to get through this?”

“I’ll be with you. Just like you said.” She then leaned back out of his arms and fiddled with her charm bracelet that Harry gave her and undid the diamond charm of the hippogriff. “I always think of that night we rode Buckbeak together when I look at this charm. Hippogriffs are the symbol of love and you have my heart.” She opened up his hand and placed it in his palm. “I want you to take it with you.”

Emotions clogged his throat as she pushed his fingers over it. He then took off his necklace and slid the charm of the Snitch off and replaced it with the hippogriff. Once he secured it around his neck he took her hand and said nothing as he attached the now golden Snitch on her charm bracelet. “Now you have my heart. And always will.”

XXX

A little bit longer, but I don’t think I should get any slams for the shortness since I updated so quickly!! Haha!

46. Chapter 42

Chapter 42

The meeting ended a little earlier than he thought and he was glad for it. However important the meeting was he was relieved that the planning was over. They were to meet at the courtyard before the sun rose and a handful of them would set off on foot.

Other Aurors were to leave from different locations, following certain Death Eaters that were assigned to. If their plan worked it would eventually lead everyone to Voldemort. Until then, Harry was suppose to lay low and let the Aurors and members of the Order clear the path. At first he didn’t care for the idea of being a coward and hiding if there was an attack, but Remus made him realize the big picture. If a Death Eater slipped by and killed him before his fateful meeting with the Voldemort, their world would be doomed. So he would do his best to stay hidden, but he would still be on alert just in case his services were needed.

Ten till noon he stepped through the common room and stopped short. Love swarmed through him at the sight of Hermione and Emma on the couch. They were looking through Hermione’s photo album together, he imagined they were new pictures from their last year. He stayed still while he implanted the scene in his mind, for it was one of the memories he would take with him. “That’s a pretty picture you two make.”

When they turned, his smile faltered at the sight of Emma’s red swollen eyes. He’d never seen her cry before and his gut clenched at the thought of her shedding tears for him. “Emma.”

She sniffled as she got up and he squatted down to embrace her. “There now,” he murmured as he held her trembling body as she sobbed. “It’s all right.”

“I don’t want you to go.”

Harry looked over a Hermione who was silently crying and his heart crumbled. Nothing was worse than seeing the two most important women in his life cry. He picked Emma up as if she was a toddler and she wrapped her small arms and legs around him as she clung to him, sobbing into his neck. He ran a comforting hand down her hair as he walked over and sat next to Hermione, who immediately leaned into him and rubbed Emma’s back. “Please don’t cry.” He kissed the top of her head. “I can’t stand to see your tears, Emma. It breaks me.”

She took short shaky breaths as Harry comforted while he waited for her to get her bearings. She finally leaned back, sniffling while Harry brushed her tears away. “It isn’t fair. I j-just found y-you and now I m-might lose you.”

“You won’t lose me.” He cupped her face with his hands. “No matter what happens I’ll always…”

“No!” She cried and pushed her head out of his hands. “All my life that’s all I’ve ever heard. ‘Your parents live inside you, Emma.’ ‘They’ll always be with you.’ Don’t they realize it’s not the same?”

“I know it’s not.” He knew exactly what it was like.

“I couldn’t handle it if people said that to me about you. “I won’t have it.”

“Emma.”

“And what of Hermione? If not for me come back for her.”

“I’ll come back for the both of you.” He captured her face again, more firmly this time so she couldn’t jerk her head away. “I’m going to do everything I can to get back to you. Both you and Hermione.”

She studied him with her eyes that belonged to Sirius. “You promise?”

He smiled. “Cross my heart and hope to live.”

Her lips twitched. ‘And you promise that you won’t give up? No matter how hard it gets?”

“I wouldn’t dream of giving up.” He leaned back into the couch pulling her against him and wrapped an arm around Hermione. “You two will be with me every step of the way and give me the extra strength I need.”

Emma snuggled up against his chest. “I love you, Harry.”

His heart swelled. “I love you, too.” He glanced over at Hermione and leaned in for a kiss. “Both of you.”

Harry didn’t know how long the three of them sat there, but it didn’t take long for Emma to fall asleep in his lap. He motioned for Hermione to get up then carefully placed Emma on the couch and covered her with the blanket that was draped over the back. He sighed as he straightened and welcomed Hermione who leaned into him. “I love her so much.”

She placed her head on his shoulder. “I know you do.”

He kissed the side of her head. “Come on. Let’s leave her to sleep and go take a quick walk around the lake.”

She smiled softly with a nod. She was fond of the walks the two had ever since fourth year. It was something that always did together, even when they were just best friends. She let him lead her out of the common room and neither of them spoke as they walked out of the castle hand in hand towards the lake.

“Did you get some more sleep?“ he finally asked once they were a good distance away.

“I did. A few more hours. I spent the morning with Ron, he had just left before you came back.”

“I’m glad he kept you company. He’s a good stress reliever. I bet he made you laugh.”

She smiled. “Not only that, but he got a few giggles out of Emma as well.”

They shared a smile and kept walking around the edge of the lake away from the school. They were halfway around the lake when he finally stopped and turned to her. She silently admired the way the he looked standing there before her. He looked so handsome. Nothing like the shy first year she first met. The wind tugged at his wild hair that was destined to always be out of control and his eyes that were always a deep green were filled with so many emotions. Longing, fear, love and desperation. He didn’t have to speak a word to know how he was feeling for she was feeling it as well.

He took a step towards her and looked down at their joint hands. “Hermione, I made you and Emma a promise that I’ll do everything I can to come back.” His eyes flickered to hers. “I’ll do everything I can to uphold that promise.”

“I know you will.”

He lifted one of their joint fingers and kissed it. “I need you to promise me something. If something happens and I don’t come back, no listen…I need to know that Emma will be okay, Hermione.”

“Harry, what are you saying?”

“I want…I would like you to promise me that you’ll look after her.”

Her heart hitched in her throat. “Harry…”

“She loves you like she would a sister. Or a mother even.” He stepped closer to her and gripped her hands tight telling her he was serious. “You’re the only one I trust with her, the only one I want to raise her if I can’t be there.”

Tears filled her eyes. “Oh Harry.” She leaned against his chest weakly as she cried into his shoulder. “Of course. Of course I’ll take care of her.”

He closed his eyes as he hugged her tight then laid his cheek against the top of her head. “Thank you.” He let out a shaky breath. “I want to come back. So badly. It’s hard to get through a class that your not in with me, how in the bloody hell am I going to get through this?”

“I’ll be with you. Just like you said.” She then leaned back out of his arms and fiddled with her charm bracelet that Harry gave her and undid the diamond charm of the hippogriff. “I always think of that night we rode Buckbeak together when I look at this charm. Hippogriffs are the symbol of love and you have my heart.” She opened up his hand and placed it in his palm. “I want you to take it with you.”

Emotions clogged his throat as she pushed his fingers over it. He then took off his necklace and slid the charm of the Snitch off and replaced it with the hippogriff. Once he secured it around his neck he took her hand and said nothing as he attached the now golden Snitch on her charm bracelet. “Now you have my heart. And always will.”

XXX

A little bit longer, but I don’t think I should get any slams for the shortness since I updated so quickly!! Haha!

47. Chapter 43

Well, here’s another update! Hope you enjoy!!

Chapter 43

Harry stood by the window of the common room looking out on the moonlit grounds. He had only a few hours left until he had to leave and the time ticked away slowly. He didn’t know if it was a blessing or a curse. In one way he never wanted it to get here and the other he wanted to get it over with. The not knowing of what was going to happen was killing him.

He could hear his friends deep breathing and soft snoring from behind him where they all were spread out in the common room. No one planned on spending the night here and no one questioned it either. Emma and Jayce even fell asleep on the couch, one on either end and he remembered how Hermione placed a blanket to cover them both.

Thinking of Hermione, he reached up and fiddled with the hippogriff charm that laid over his heart. It was warm he could almost feel the heat radiating from it and the more he thought about Hermione the hotter it got. Puzzled Harry looked down at the charm and rubbed his thumb over it. It didn’t look any different and the heat was gone almost as soon as he felt it.

Before he could think anything of it a pair of hands circled around him and he jumped slightly. “Sorry,” Hermione murmured and placed her lips on his shoulder blade. “Didn’t mean to startle you.”

“That’s okay.” He placed a hand over her laced fingers that rested on his stomach. “Couldn’t sleep.”

She nuzzled her cheek against him. “That’s understandable.”

“Did I wake you?”

“It doesn’t take much time for me to wake up after you leave. I can feel your absence almost right away.” She sighed as Harry turned around and pulled her against his chest, rubbing his large hands up and down her back. “I won’t get much sleep when your gone.” She looked up at him with teary eyes. “How much time do you have?”

He kissed her softly. “A few hours yet.”

“Then lets not waste another moment.” She grabbed his hand and quietly led him up the stairs to the bedrooms.

Harry followed her knowing what she wanted and knowing that this would be the last time they were together for Merlin knew how long. To his surprise she didn’t lead him to his room, like they normally stayed in, but to her own room. “Been awhile since this bed was used,” Harry said softly as he shut the door behind them.

She just smiled over her shoulder before leaving him and started across the room. He watched her light all her candles she had in her room and swallowed hard at the sight of her in candlelight. He never had the pleasure of seeing it before and couldn’t wait to see her dressed in nothing but. Once the last candle was lit she turned to him with a soft smile on her face and reached up with her hand to undo the first button of her rumpled blouse. “I’m going to do something I’ve never done, Harry.”

“Er….what’s that?” he asked in a daze as he watched her slowly unbutton her blouse one by one.

“Seduce you.” She turned her back to him and shrugged her blouse off her shoulders, giving him a smirk before the blouse fell onto the floor. “It’s a first for me, so I apologize if I mess up.”

He groaned when her skirt fell over her hips and pooled around her feet. Her back was still exposed to him and now she wore nothing more than her knee highs and a pair of white cotton panties. Merlin, was he glad they fell asleep in their clothes. He was a goner every time she wore just the knee highs. “You’re doing swimmingly so far, Hermione.”

She fiddled with her long curls so the thick strands teasingly covered her breasts before turning back to Harry. “You think so?”

He just nodded dumbly as she walked up to him. “Oh yeah.”

She reached out and grabbed the hem of his jeans and tugged him forward, smiling slightly when he stumbled forward. “You don’t have to do anything, Harry.” She fiddled with the hem of his shirt and pulled it slowly up his chest, kissing the exposed skin along the way, causing him to shiver. She pressed herself against his naked chest and nipped at his lips. “Just enjoy.”

He groaned when she kissed him again, this time more deeply and passionately that by the time she pulled back they were both panting. “Hermione,” he pleaded.

“Let’s go to the bed.” She grabbed his hand and pulled him to her bed and silently urged him to lie down on his back. She followed suit, straddling his waist as she loomed over him and assaulted his chest with open mouth kisses and sweeps of her tongue.

Whatever Hermione asked of him he would do it, just as long as she didn’t stop what she was doing with her mouth. His hands moved over her, memorizing every inch of her long narrow back, the slight flare of her hips and the soft curve of her delectable rear. It was something he would always remember, always will be able to feel if he closed his eyes and imagined. He closed his eyes and his body trembled when she took him into her mouth, dear Merlin she was talented with that mouth. He clenched a fist in her hair and gently tugged her up to him so he could kiss her blind. “I need you,” he whispered against her lips.

“I know.” She murmured it kissing him softly before pulling back, with Harry sitting up with her. Their arms wrapped around each other tightly as they joined together, sighs and groans escaped them both.

“Hermione,” he gasped as he clasped her hips urging her to move.

Their foreheads touched and their eyes locked as they took each other every so slowly, ever so sweetly. They shared a long lazy kiss as their bodies trembled together, then fell together as they held each other tight. They fell back on the bed, completely spent as the only sounds filling the room were their soft pants. They turned their heads towards each other at the same time, both gazing into each others eyes until finally they met in a soft kiss.

“We’re getting better at that, don’t you think?” Harry finally said as she snuggled up to him.

She managed a laugh. “More than better.” She rested her cheek against his chest and lazily drew patterns on it with his finger. “I don’t want to go to sleep.”

“Are you not tired?”

“I’m exhausted.” She started to fiddle with the hippogriff charm. “But I know that once I’m asleep, you’ll be gone by the time I wake up.”

Harry sighed as he closed his eyes, not knowing what to say. “I wish I could stay here with you forever, Hermione.”

“I’d go with you, you know.” She tilted her head up to look at him. “All you’d have to do is ask.”

“I know you would.” He bent his head to kiss her forehead. “I need you here though. Knowing that you’re here, safe…waiting for me…that’s what I want.”

“I’m normally not the girl that stands by the sidelines.” She murmured it as she felt herself start to drift off to sleep.

“No, not my Hermione.” He hugged her naked body close to his and pulled the comforter over them both. She mumbled something in her sleep as she snuggled up closer to him and Harry closed his eyes as well, knowing he surprisingly wasn’t far from sleep as well. “But I need you to be just….this once.”

XXX

Hermione dreamed of Harry. She could feel the warmth of his body covering hers, could taste his deep lingering kisses and his hands were everywhere, making her purr and stretch like a cat. He took her up with just his hands, then just his mouth and by the time she felt him sink into her, her muscles felt like water and her whole body was floating. It was a dream she never wanted to end.

The weight of his body pinned her down into the mattress and smiled lazily when he nuzzled her neck. “I love you,” he whispered in her ear.

She wanted to say it back, but she couldn’t seem to process the words to say it. Her mind went fuzzy and she felt herself slip under a dreamless sleep. I love you, too.

XXX

Harry sat down on the edge of Hermione’s bed one last time before he had to leave. After making love to her while she was in between dreams and reality, he finally was able to walk away and get ready. He didn’t plan on making love to her again, Merlin knew she was exhausted, but he couldn’t help himself. He had to have her just one last time before he left.

Now, he was fully dressed and had everything he needed packed and ready to go. All he had to do was be able to walk away from her. “This is so hard.” He then flicked his wrist and a single yellow rose appeared in his hand. He leaned down and kissed her lightly on the lips, before lying the rose down by her pillow. “I love you. Good bye, Hermione.”

With one last glance, he turned around and walked out of the room. He made his way down to the common room where his friends were still sleeping and squatted down to where Emma on the couch. He brushed back strands of her hair that fell over her face and smiled softly. “I’ll see you real soon.” He kissed her forehead. “Love you.”

“Harry?”

He looked over to see Jayce with his head up and blinking at him. “Jayce, sorry I woke you.”

“Are you…leaving?”

“Yeah, I am. Promise me something? Promise me you’ll look after her?”

Jayce looked over at Emma and then back at Harry. “I promise.”

“Good. You were her first real friend, Jayce. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it.”

Embarrassed, he did a one shoulder shrug. “It was nothing, she’s cool and all.”

The corner of his mouth tilted. “Yeah, she’s pretty cool.” He nuzzled his hair. “I’ll see you around, Jayce.” He walked off then turned back. “You know, you two remind me of Hermione and I when we were that age.”

His eyes bugged out. “But…Hermione’s your girlfriend.”

“Yeah.” He winked. “How bout that?” He then swallowed a chuckled as he left the boy staring dumbly after him. “Now, that was fun.”

Alone, he stepped out into the corridor and prepared to make his way towards the courtyard. He didn’t get very far when he heard a rush of footsteps coming up from behind him. He grabbed his wand and swung around, causing Draco to come up short and hold up his hands. “Draco.”

“Jeez, Potter, lower it will you?”

“Sorry. What are you doing here?”

“You didn’t think I was going to stay behind did you?”

“Draco,” he sighed. “This isn’t your fight.”

“The hell it isn’t. Look, Voldemort is yours, I get that. You’re the only one that can stop him, but my old man is mine. He threatened Ginny and…”

“Who threatened Ginny?”

Harry and Draco looked over at Ron. “Not you too,” Harry groaned.

“Of course, you didn’t expect me to let you go alone, did you?”

“You two both realize that your girlfriends are going to kill you for sneaking off.”

Ron shrugged. “Let them be mad, at least they’ll be safe. Now, who threatened, Ginny?”

Draco scowled. “My father. He got into our common room one night, Ginny doesn’t know anything about it, but he knows about her. I won’t give him the opportunity to ever touch her.” He sighed as he nervously ran his fingers through his hair. “Look, guys. I know we didn’t hit it off at first and I know I was a complete ass, but…I’ve never had real friends before and even after all that I put you guys through, you still befriended me. We started out enemies and I want to end it as friends.”

“Aww. Draco.” Ron laid a hand over his heart. “That touches me so.”

“Oh, sod off!” he growled as he shoved him hard.

Ron just chuckled as he stumbled backwards. “Well, then that’s settles it. We’re going with you, Harry.”

Harry sighed with a shake of his head and couldn’t help but laugh. “Well, come on then. I’m already a little late.”

48. Chapter 44

Chapter 44

“I’m going to kill him.” Ginny picked up a pebble on the rocky shore of the lake and chucked it as far as she could throw. “No, first I’m going to give him a hug and kiss him senseless. Then I’m going to kill him.”

“Ginny, it’s been almost four weeks, get over it already.”

Ginny turned to Luna who was perched up on a rock, her knees up as her chin rested on them. “Aren’t you mad at Ron?”

She lifted a shoulder. “I kind of sensed it was coming.” Her head came up and she stretched out her legs. “He told me in a way the last time we made love. The way he looked at me…it was like he was saying goodbye.” She could still remember the sorrow look in his eyes when he moved inside her. She closed her eyes and felt the pain that swept through her every time she thought that that might have been the last time they would ever be together.

“Oh Luna,” she sighed as she walked over at her and sat down, giving her a comforting arm around her shoulder. “Look at us? Pining for our men while they’re off at war. It’s so…typical. That pisses me off.”

Hermione, who was standing barefoot in the shallow shore of the lake, laughed softly. “That is kind of annoying.”

“And do you hold any animosity for Ron going off with Harry and leaving you behind?” Ginny asked.

Hermione looked down dug her toes in the wet sand under the water. “A part of me is. I wish I could be with my two best friends, but overall I’m glad Harry isn’t alone and his friends are with him. Besides, I need to be here with Emma.”

“How is she doing?” Luna asked.

“She’s doing okay, it helps that Jayce stayed behind.”

“A lot of students stayed behind, parents think that this is the safest place during the war.”

Hermione agreed. “They’re right, Hogwarts couldn’t be safer.”

“Hermione are you all right?” Ginny asked

“Hmm?” She turned to her friends for the first time. “Oh, I’m doing all right. I miss Harry, but…”

“No, I meant your stomach. You keep rubbing it.”

“Oh.” Startled she looked down at her hand that rested on her flat belly. “Have I? Well, I must be just…”

“Bloody hell,” Ginny said as she stood up suddenly. “Hermione, are you pregnant?”

Hermione stared at her wide eyed for a moment, her eyes suddenly filled with tears and then covered her face with her hands and started to bawl. Alarmed, Ginny and Luna exchanged a startled look, then quickly made their way over to her. They slipped of their shoes and walked into the water, Luna didn’t even bother to roll up her jeans. “There, There, Hermione.” Luna wrapped an arm around her and rested her cheek against her shoulder. “It’s all right.”

“I’m so scared,” she sobbed as her whole body trembled.

“I know you are,” Ginny whispered as she stroked her hair. “Any girl in your position would be.”

“I normally take precautions.” She sniffed as she wiped her tears away. “The morning he left…I thought I was dreaming, but it was real. He made love to me before he left.”

“Hermione?” Ginny asked hesitantly after a moment of silence. “Do you want this baby?”

“Of course I do.” She placed a hand over her tummy. “I’ve always wanted kids with Harry. Of course, it’s a lot sooner than I planned, but…I’m already in love with our child.” She sighed as she looked down. “I’m terrified though that Harry will never know.”

“Now, stop that talk,” Ginny insisted firmly. “He’s coming back, Hermione. You have to believe that. That child is going to know his father.”

Hermione nodded her eyes shining with tears. “Thanks, Ginny.”

“Wow, Luna beamed at Hermione. “A baby! Has it kicked yet?”

“No, still a bit early. Madame Pomfrey has been taking care of me. She’s the only other one who knows.”

“Well, we’re here for you now,” Ginny assured her. “If there’s anything you need, you let us know.”

“Absolutely,” Luna agreed. “Whether it’s giving you a back rub, or going out for a midnight craving of pickles and ice cream.”

She laughed through her tears and hugged her friends close. “I love you guys.”

XXX

They were winning the battles against good and evil, but the war was far from over. It had been two months since he left Hermione early that morning. Two long torturous mouths since he’s seen her, held her…made love to her. It was hard, but he stuck with it, knowing that if he got through it and survived, it all would be worth it.

They were at their tenth hideout since their journey began, traveling on foot for fear of risking exposure if they used magic. Many battles were played out and more and more Death Eaters were captured…or killed when it had to be necessary. There had been fewer casualties on their side and only two deaths so far that he had heard of. Harry mourned for them, even though he didn’t know their faces or name. They had risked their life for the greater good and for that he would always be grateful.

Dumbledore hardly ever left his side, especially during battles, for by his side was the safest spot one could be. Now all he could do, as he sat by the fire that was surrounded by an invisible shield to hide the stream of smoke, was wait and hope everything would be over soon.

“Hey.”

Harry tore his eyes away from the fire to see Draco sitting on the floor next to him, copying Harry’s position as he leaned against the dusty old couch that occupied the old cabin. “Hey, how’s Ron?”

“Snoring like a freight train. The spell knocked him on his ass, broke a few ribs and dislocated his shoulder, but the Healer took care of him. He should be good to go by morning.”

“He was lucky,” Harry murmured.

“Yeah…he was lucky.”

“No sign of your father?”

Draco shook his head. “No I have a feeling I won’t be seeing him until you see Voldemort.”

“Would you do it?” he asked. “Kill your father?”

He sighed and shrugged. “I honestly don’t know. I’d like to avoid it, but if it came down do or die, I’ll have to won’t I?”

“Well, at least you might have some kind of a choice…I know my fate won’t be so lucky.”

“You’re going to win, Harry.”

Harry looked at him surprised. “You sound so sure.”

“I am sure. You’re a tough one, Harry. I’d hate to be the one to go against you in a duel.” He snorted a laugh. “One time was enough for me.”

Harry grinned at the memory of the duel in their second year. “You put up a good fight. Well, besides the cheating part.”

“It was the only way I knew I could stand a chance. No way would I have admitted this back then…but you’re pretty intimidating. It pisses me off.”

He laughed. “And now look at us? Best friends fighting side by side. Who would have thought it?”

“I sure wouldn’t have. But I’m glad it has.”

“Yeah, me too.” Harry cleared his throat and decided to change the subject before things got mushy. “So, uh…how do you think the girls are doing?”

He chuckled. “Ginny’s probably thinking of all the ways she’s going to curse me when I get back.”

“Yeah, probably. She’s got quite a temper.”

“You’re telling me.” He blew out a breath and shook his head. “And the thought of us guys out here fighting, while the women are left behind. You know that just pisses her off.”

“To be honest, I’m worried that Hermione will be mad that Ron came along.”

“I’m sure she’ll realize you tried to stop us. Besides, everyone knows how annoyingly stubborn Ron is when he makes his mind up about something.”

“True.” Harry closed his eyes and tilted his head back on the couch. “Bloody hell, I miss her. I miss all the girls.”

“I miss sex,” Draco stated bluntly.

Harry didn’t open his eyes but he did laugh at his honesty. “Yeah, can’t argue with you there.”

“I bet Hermione’s a regular animal in bed,” Draco teased as he playfully nudged her.

Harry open one eye and grinned at him. “I nicknamed her bobcat.”

Draco barked out a laugh. “Oh man.”

“You ever tell her I told you and I will kill you,” he warned.

“Deal. And to be fair, I’ll tell you that my Ginny is a regular firecracker in bed.”

He arched a brow. “Oh yeah?”

He winked. “You better believe it. Sometimes I can even keep up.”

They laughed together, enjoying the moment of keeping their mind off what was going on around them. Draco leaned his head back as well and closed his eyes as the laughter died down and sleep took over them both. Morning wasn’t far away and they both knew that they were getting closer and closer as each day passed.

49. To my London readers...a favor

Hey guys, I know this is random. First, I'll say that I am working on an update and will have one up fairly soon.

Now, I know this is asking a lot, but my local radio station is giving away a trip to London to see Kelly Clarkson. The trick is, you have to get someone from London to call the show and get you qualified. They take the first ten calls a day between 6:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m., US Central Time. I don't know what time of the day that is in London, I think in the afternoon sometime. If you'd like to help me, I would be greatly appreciative. The more who helps my odds of getting through will be greater. You'd be calling a 1-800 # and you'd be charged. That's the sucky part, but I'd be willing to pay you back somehow if you'd like. If you'd like to help, please email me or IM me on AIM. Everything’s in my info. I'll e-mail you back the number to call right away.

I won't be mad if no one volunteers, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

As for everything else, thanks so much for all the support!!!

Love ya!

~HM

50. Chapter 45

Well guys, it’s almost over! Just a few more chapters left! Can you believe it!! I’m so thankful to everyone who kept on reading this fic, I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it! You guys are the best! Enjoy the latest chapter

Chapter 45

Over the last three months, Hermione got in the habit of taking a morning walk around the lake. It started when she had her first experience of morning sickness and needed the fresh air to settle her queasy stomach. Her morning sickness had passed, thank Merlin, but she continued with her daily walks. Sometimes, Emma would join her, but mostly it was a time for her to be alone with her baby and her thoughts of Harry. He was still alive. She knew it, could still feel him alive inside her. She had a feeling she would know the minute Harry died, for if it did her heart would surely break.

She stopped at her favorite spot on the lake, the place where everything changed between her and Harry. She could still remember the way he felt lying on top of her in the mud as his mouth moved over hers and raindrops danced over them. She closed her eyes and rubbed her tummy, waiting for it to kick. It hadn’t yet, but Poppy, who now insisted she call her that since she was no longer a student, said it should be any day now. She gained a few pounds and her once flat belly had a little pooch. She would be curious to see if Harry noticed his girlfriend put on a few. She smiled to herself at the thought. “Knowing him, he probably won’t.”

“Hermione! Hermione!”

She turned suddenly at the sound of her name to see Colin Creevey sprinting towards her in top speed. “Colin?” she asked when he stopped and caught his breath. “What on earth?”

“We’ve been…looking for…you,” he breathed as he bent over. “Harry…”

Alarmed she grabbed his arm. “Harry? Where is he?”

“He’s back…in the hospital wing, but…”

She didn’t wait for him to finish and dashed off towards the castle. Oh, god, oh, god, oh god. Please let him be all right. She pictured him lying on the bed white and pale as the sheets, unconscious and fighting for his life. She couldn’t seem to get there fast enough. When she finally swung the door open she nearly ran into Lupin. “Hermione…”

“Harry?”

“Last bed on the left, but he’s f…”

Again, she didn’t let him finish as she ran past the row of beds, not noticing Ginny kissing and cursing Draco at the same time in one of the beds or see Luna sitting by Ron, both smiling and kissing. She saw the back of Poppy blocking her view and didn’t see Harry at first, but her heart leapt to her throat when she heard him.

“Will you quit fussing over me already, I’m fine.” He leaned back and shooed away her busy hands. Harry was sitting up with his feet dangling on the edge of the bed while Poppy looked over him. “I want to see Hermione.”

“You’re just going to have to wait until…”

“Harry.” She didn’t realize she said it out loud until he looked over Poppy and grinned, before gently nudging her aside and ran to her. She was sobbing by the time he reached her and clutched him tight. “Oh, Harry.”

He nuzzled his face in her hair. “It’s over, Hermione. He’s gone.”

“Let me look at you.” She leaned back and cupped his face with her trembling hands. There was a cut on his left eyebrow that was patched up, but probably would leave a scar. He had a few bruises here and there, but other than that he was fine. “I imagined the worse. You lying in bed unconscious.”

“You should see the other guy.”

She laughed through her tears and then they met in a welcome kiss that was long overdue. “C’mon,” he whispered against her lips. “I need to go find Emma, then we need to talk and then….then, I need to make love to you.”

XXXXX

They didn’t mean for the making love to happen before the talking, but after they spoken with a very happy Emma and made it in the common room, they jumped each other. They barely made it to Harry’s bed, stopping in the middle of the stairs to discard clothes, caress bodies and taste skin. They didn’t waste any time, three months was a long time to be apart.

When he sank into her, he left kisses all over her face, murmuring to her, telling her how much he missed her, how much he loved her. She wrapped her limbs tight around him, holding him close as he moved within her. When they were both spent, he collapsed on top of her, pinning her deep into the mattress. He rested his cheek against her chest, closing his eyes as she strummed his hair with her fingers.

“You’re going to make me fall asleep”

“You probably need it. You must be exhausted.”

“A little.” He rolled onto his back and she snuggled up against him. “But sleep can wait.”

Hermione picked up the hippogriff that laid on his heart. “You never took it off, did you.”

Harry covered her hand with his. “It saved my life.”

He saw the look of confusion in her eyes. “I’m serious. I was so tired Hermione and felt so defeated. We had been throwing spells at each other for what seemed like days, but none of the spells ever over took the other. It was exactly like fourth year. It wore us both out and we would take care between spells. I was slumped behind a boulder and I was so bloody tired I wanted to quit. To walk right up to Voldemort and let him take me.”

“Oh Harry.”

“But I couldn’t. I knew I had to try, had to keep fighting for you and for Emma. As soon as you filled my thoughts, the charm grew warm and I immediately reached in my shirt to grasp it. The more I thought about you and the more I let my love for you fill me up, I felt this strange heat filling me up. It was strange, Hermione, I knew I was getting stronger. Then a glow started to shimmer around me and my love for you and Emma just filled me up.” He shook his head as he thought about it now. “It’s hard to explain, but I knew I’d be invincible.”

“You showed yourself to Voldemort?” she asked watching him intensely.

“I got right up and exposed myself from my cover and wondered if Voldemort could see the glow. I don’t think he could, he seemed shocked that I was so bold as to walk out, but I don’t think he could see the gold shimmer surrounding me.”

“What happened, Harry?”

“He came out of his shelter, wary at first that I didn’t even have my wand pointed at him. When he finally did realize I wasn’t making any movement for my wand, he figured I just gave up, and he called me a fool and was weak. ‘I’ve been waiting years for this, Potter,’ he had said as he raised his wand at me. ‘I’ll enjoy killing you.’ Even then, I wasn’t scared. I knew it was protecting me. I just stared at him when he said the curse, didn’t even flinch when the green light shot towards me and watched as Voldemorts yellow eyes widened with shock as the light shot back at him, hitting him straight in his heart.”

“Wow,” she whispered and stared down at the charm. “All this time, your weapon was love.”

“Not just love.” He cupped her face with his hands and met her eyes with his own. “It was you. My power he knows not, was you.”

Her eyes filled with tears. “Oh Harry.” She leaned down and kissed him softly. “I love you so much.”

“I know. I don’t think the charm would have protected me if you didn’t.”

She sighed as she rested her cheek against his heart, fully content for a while as she listened to his beating heart. He was alive. “Harry?” she asked after awhile. “What about the others? Was there any casualties?”

“A few, but no one we were close to.” He looked up at the ceiling and stroked her hair. “Draco, actually will have a harder time to recover than me.”

“Draco?” she asked as she looked up at him. “His father?”

He nodded sadly. “That and…Snape. Severus died protecting, Draco. He pushed him out of the way of the green light that his father had cast.”

Her heart broke for her friend. “It will be hard for him. I know how much he looked up to Severus.”

“It will be hard,” he agreed. “But Ginny will help him get through it. He had to kill his father. Lucious had Ron by the throat, using him as a shield and pointing his wand at Ron’s forehead.”

She gasped, hating the fear that her best friend had to go through. “What happened?”

“Lucious basically gave Draco one last shot to join him, said if he joined him and Voldemort, he’d spare Ron’s life. They both knew he’d kill Ron no matter what Draco did, so they both knew what had to be done. What Draco’s father didn’t know, was that he had a hidden knife that Snape had given him before the battle and apparated right behind his father and stabbed him in his heart from behind.”

Hermione shut her eyes and held onto Harry. “Poor Draco.”

“A lot of lives were lost and a lot of time needs to pass before everyone is healed.” Harry gently rolled her onto her back and loomed over her. “But it’s over and I can’t wait to spend the next part of my life with you.”

She smiled thinking of the child they made together. “Me either.” She leaned up for his kiss and murmured his name when the kiss went on a little longer. “Harry, I have to….” She gasped out a groan when a hand cupped her one of her breasts softly, then shuddered when he captured the other one with his mouth. “Harry, I really have to…oh merlin….tell you, ahhh, okay later.”

He grinned as he continued to kiss his way down. He felt her breath catch when he kissed her stomach and since he figured he hit a sensitive spot he lingered there. However, he jumped back when he felt a flutter beneath her stomach and looked wide eyed at Hermione. “Bloody hell, what was that?”

Hermione’s eyes filled with tears as she placed her hand over her mouth. It moved. For the first time it moved when Harry was kissing her stomach. “Harry,” she whispered as she grabbed his hand and placed it on her slight pooch. “That flutter was our baby kicking for the first time.”

Harry heard the words, but couldn’t seem to register. He shook his head in confusion as his throat swelled and his heart fell to the pit of his stomach and trembled there. When he finally spoke his voice cracked, barely getting out his words. “Our baby?”

She nodded as she let her tears fall. “Yes, Harry. I’m pregnant.”

Harry rubbed the sharp pain in his chest with the heel of his hand as he looked down at their joined hands resting over the baby they created. “Merlin,” he whispered as he shook his head. “I can’t believe it.” His own eyes shimmered with tears as he finally leaned down and kissed her. “We’re having a baby.”

They shared their tears as they kissed out of sheer joy. “I’m half scared to death, Hermione,” he whispered. “But there couldn’t have been a better welcome back present then this.”

“I’m scared too,” she said as she wiped his tears away. “We’ve always wanted kids, we’re just going to have them a little sooner.”

“How long?” he asked as he spread his fingers over her belly.

“Since you left. It happened when you made love to me in the morning. I thought I was dreaming.”

His eyes widened. “Oh gods, Hermione I didn’t even think, I’m so….”

“Don’t,” she said placing a finger over his lips before he could finish. “Don’t you dare apologize, I’m glad it happened.”

He grinned and then kissed her long and hard. “I love you so much. I want to marry you.”

She giggled as she kept up with his frantic kisses. “Okay.”

“Tomorrow.”

She let out a laugh. “Tomorrow?? Are you nuts?”

“I’m nuts about you and don’t want to wait another second.” He smiled down at her and kissed her forehead and then her lips, then bent down and kissed her stomach. “What do you say, luv? Let’s get married tomorrow, by the lake as the sun goes down.”

She smiled as she framed Harry’s face with his hands. “I can’t think of anything else that sounds more perfect.” She then brought his face down and gave him a long hard kiss of her own to seal the deal. “Let’s do it.”

XXXXX

Well, hope you liked! And I want to apologize for those who wanted more action. Truth is, the action part isn’t really my strong point. I like to leave that to JKR myself. I’m better with the fluff, so I’m sorry for the lack of action. Other than that, I hope you enjoyed it. Stay tuned for more!

51. Chapter 46

Here’s another chapter! Not too long, but don’t worry this isn’t the last chapter. One or two more to go after this. Probably one, but it will be long and it will be final. How sad! Thanks again for everything

Chapter 46

Standing in front of the mirror with a belly full of nerves and anticipation, the bride looked at herself with vast approval. She had to admit, she looked gorgeous, a feat for her to usually look although her soon to be husband would disagree.

She blew out a breath as she laid a shaky hand on her unsettling stomach. “I hope he’s a nervous wreck like me.”

“Oh, don’t worry he is…even worse.”

The bride turned to the sound of one of her bridesmaid and beamed at a very pregnant Hermione. “Is he really?”

“Are you kidding?” she asked as she closed the door behind her. “I left my husband to coach his breathing through a paper bag.”

Luna smiled. “I don’t know why he’s so nervous, he’s the one who was determined to get married during Easter weekend. I have to go back to school in two days.”

Hermione smiled as she fussed over her train. “He wants to take you on the honeymoon right after you graduate. No hesitations. He loves you.” Their eyes locked in the mirror. “You make a very pretty bride.”

“Not as pretty as you did,” Luna sighed as she recalled how Hermione looked in her simple white satin gown as she stood by Harry at the lake while they exchanged their vows.

“Please. I was a nervous wreck.”

“You couldn’t tell. You were practically glowing.”

“It was one of the happiest moments of my life.” Standing behind her she grabbed her shoulders. “And now you’ll get to experience it.”

“Knock, knock.” Harry stuck his head in. “Guys allowed?”

“Only guy not allowed is Ron and you are always welcome.”

“Wow Luna,” he said as he stood by Hermione. “If my wife wasn’t almost pregnant with my child and the love of my life, I’d suggest we go run away together.”

She giggled as Hermione rolled her eyes. “And if I wasn’t head over heels in love with Ron, I might have taken you up on it.” She stepped up to him and kissed him on the cheek. “Thanks again, for agreeing to give me away.”

Harry playfully tucked her chin. “I’m touched you asked me and I’m honored to do it.” He slipped an arm around Hermione. “But first I have to waddle this one down the isle. Ow!” Harry rubbed the back of his head where Hermione smacked him. “Jeez, baby.”

“I do NOT waddle,” she said and turned on her heel and headed out.

Harry cocked his head as he watched his wife walk like a duck. “Doesn’t she waddle beautifully?” he whispered to Luna.

“I heard that!” Hermione called out.

Harry winced at Luna, then ran after her and met her at the stairs. “Now, wait a second, let me help you.” He grabbed her elbow to keep her steady. “Did you walk up these shaky stairs by yourself?”

“I cast a protection spell around my stomach before I went up.”

Harry stopped at the foot of the stairs and placed a hand over the swell of her belly. “How are you feeling?”

“Besides feeling clumsy, fat, my swollen ankles and my incontrollable gas…I’m all right.”

“Nice. Could have gone without hearing about the gas, though.” He framed her face and kissed her forehead. “You look radiant.”

She sighed a little. “You’re just trying to soften me up after your waddling comment.”

“Yeah,” he agreed as he ran his hands over her hair. “Is it working?”

She leaned up to kiss him. “Like a charm.”

“There you two are,” Ginny said wearing the identical periwinkle dress the same as Hermione, yet her stomach was flat as a board.

Hermione sighed in envy. Oh, how she missed being skinny. “Wedding about to start?”

“Yes, yes,” she hurried them towards the gardens of the burrow. “Draco and I are about to walk down the isle, and Harry you need to get the bride after you waddle this one down.”

Harry scowled. “For the last time, I do NOT waddle!”

The wedding was held in the Burrow’s garden which was covered in rainbow color flowers especially planted for the wedding. Only close family and friends attended the wedding, happily looking on as the couple exchanged their vows.

Hermione told herself she wasn’t going to cry, even though Harry told her she would, but when she saw Ron’s eyes shimmer with tears and his voice crack with emotion, she couldn’t help herself. Ron, who once she said had the emotion full of a teaspoon, was close to loosing it at his wedding.

She dabbed her eyes with her emergency tissue she had hidden in her bouquet and clapped along when Ron kissed his bride, then laughed through her tears when he picked up Luna and twirled her in a circle.

Harry smiled at his wife as he walked up to her, kissing her softly before he followed Ron and Luna down the isle. “I told you you’d cry.”

“I’m almost nine months pregnant and Ron cried…cried, Harry. I never thought I’d see the day.” She sniffed as she got misty again just thinking about it it. She went straight to the bride and groom and launched herself at her dearest friend. “Oh, Ron!”

“Woah,” Ron said stumbling back as he caught her. “Careful, Hermy, your stomach’s going to knock me down.”

“Oh, hush! I’m so happy for you.”

He grinned as he wiped her tears away. “Thanks, Hermione.” He placed a hand on her belly. “How are you feeling?”

“Don’t ask her that,” Harry said who had just finished hugging Luna. “She’ll start talking about gas again.”

Hermione swatted his arm. “Harry Potter, that’s no way to….oh!”

Harry paled when Hermione gripped his arm and went completely still. “Hermione, what is it?”

“Uh-oh,” she mumbled as she looked down at her feet where a liquid pool collected.

“Merlin,” Harry whispered.

Ron’s eyes widened. “Er…that’s okay Hermione, we can just…”

“Oh for Merlin’s sake Ron, I didn’t just pee on myself, my water just broke!”

“Your water?” he asked still confused as his wife rolled her eyes behind him. “Oh…that water? Bloody hell!”

Hermione’s eyes started to fill again as she fanned herself. “Oh, I’m so sorry Luna, this is your wedding night and I…”

“Don’t you worry, honey,” she said hugging her tight. “Ron, go get your mother.”

“Hey guys, what’s all the commotion?” Ginny asked as she made her way through the guests with Draco trailing behind her.

“Hermione’s in labor,” Harry said as he started to coach her breathing.

“Holy shit!” Ginny’s eyes popped open. “Seriously?”

“The baby’s coming?” Draco asked. “Now?!”

“Bad timing,” Hermione breathed.

Mrs. Weasley appeared through the crowd. “There you are, it’s okay sweetie.” She cupped her face and smiled. “Keep breathing honey, that’s it. Harry, do you have the emergency portkey?”

“What?” His pale face left Hermione’s and stared. “What? Oh…” He started padding his pockets.

“It’s around your neck, sweetie,” Hermione panted.

“Oh yeah!” He pulled the string necklace with a golden baby rattler charm dangling from it. He quickly activated it as the doctor had instructed him and put it around both their necks. “We have about two minutes before it works.”

“Good, that’s good,” Mrs. Weasley said. “We’ll be right along to check on you.”

“Oh, but the party,” Hermione protested. “I don’t want you to miss it.”

“We’ll Apparrate back and forth and check on you. You don’t have the baby right away, these things take time.” She patted her hand to reassure her. “Why, I was in labor with Ron for thirty-three hours.”

“Thirty-three hours?!” Harry exclaimed. “Bloody hell!”

Hermione groaned as she gripped Harry’s hand. “Not the time, Harry.”

He winced a little under Hermione’s firm grip. “Er…right.” He let out a shaky breath and turned to her. “Hey.” He cradled her face with his hands. “We’re going to have a baby.”

She gave him a wobbly smile and as their lips met in a soft kiss, their two minutes were up and they were lifted off the ground.

Once they were gone, Ron let out a whoop. “Let’s get this party started.” He kissed his wife and lifted her off the ground. “We now have two reasons to celebrate!”

52. Epilogue

Well folks, that’s a wrap. After this Epilogue it’s done. Sorry it took so long to write, but I hope the length makes up for it. It’s pretty long. Enjoy!

Epilogue

4 years later

Hermione couldn’t stop smiling. She had never been so happy. She was even smiling now as she put her first batch of chocolate chip cookies in the oven, even though playing the role as the typical wife cooking in the kitchen annoyed her. It wasn’t like she was always in the kitchen anyhow, she left that up to Harry, but she was in the mood to bake. Towards the end of the day, the house would be packed with long time friends, and babies to dote on.

As Hermione was washing her hands, she heard a shriek from outside in the back, so she leaned over and pulled the drapes apart to peer out the kitchen window. She smiled when she saw Jayce, who was now no longer eleven but just turned seventeen, holding a squirming Emma in his arms. It didn’t take long to see what was going on, obviously Emma was enjoying laying out by the pool, but Jayce thought she could use a dip.

“Jayce, don’t you throw me in!” Emma yelled as he carried her to the diving board.

Hermione saw Jayce whisper something in his ear, then Emma smiled before they jumped into the pool. She wasn’t surprised when they came up kissing. Ever since they got together at the end of their sixth year, and ever since he came to visit for the rest of the summer, that’s all they did. Harry and herself had walked in on them one too many times. Even though Harry made sure Jayce slept in one of the guest bedrooms, Hermione would bet her life on it that he had snuck in Emma’s room after hours. Harry would have done so if the roles were reversed and they were staying at her parents house.

The ding of the oven snapped her out of her daze, causing her to jump slightly. She slipped on her oven mitts and pulled out the first batch. The warm sweet scent of freshly cooked dough and chocolate filled the air and she practically drooled. When she looked down to see a pair of familiar longing eyes looking up at her, she realized she wasn’t the only one. “Smell good, don’t they Snuffles?”

Their black scruffy family dog that reminded them so much of Sirius let out a soft woof. “Well, too bad, Harry isn’t here then. Don’t give me that innocent look, I know he slips you scraps when I’m not looking.”

Snuffles sat up and nuzzled her legs, wagging his tail. “Don’t you suck up to me,” she said even though she was already kneeling down to his level and scratched his ears. “Miss James and Harry, do you? Don’t worry, they’ll be back soon. Little League practice should be over soon.” Hermione smiled as she cuddled Snuffles, remembering the night they had found him, or she should say the night he found them.

It was their first night in the house Harry had surprised her with. It was exactly like the house she had described him that night at the Burrow on his birthday. They had rocked together on the porch swing as they watched the sun go down.

I love porch swings,” she sighed as she looked up at the few stars that were making an appearance. “It reminds me of when I was little and visited Gram.”

“Gram?” he asked as he continued to slowly rock them with his feet. “I don’t think I ever heard you talking about her.”

She smiled. “I don’t remember her a lot, she died when I was seven. I do remember visiting her during the summer at her house. She had a porch that wrapped around her entire house and a porch swing in the front. I remember sitting in it, thinking that one-day I’d have a house like this.”

“Well, knowing you Hermione, if you want it bad enough…you’ll get it.”

After they had come back from their honeymoon, they had stayed at her parents house until they could get settled. He woke her up one morning and asked if she wanted to go for a drive. It took a little under an hour to get there and when he told her the three story white bricked house with blue shutters and a wooden porch that wrapped around was going to be their home, she put her hands over her eyes and wept. He had even remembered the porch swing.

The first night in the house, they had finished unpacking so treated themselves to a bubble bath in the huge claw footed bathtub, sipped wine and made love. Afterwards they slipped on a robe and decided to enjoy a fire downstairs, since a storm blew in. The house was a muggle home, just like they wanted, so they still had electricity. It went out that night so they lit candles and relaxed by the fire.

It wasn’t long before they heard the scratching.

“What was that?” Hermione asked as she pulled away from Harry’s kiss.

“Probably just a branch scraping against the door,” he murmured already trying to get her lips back on his.

“No, wait…don’t you hear that? Listen.”

Harry stopped and opened his ears and not long after he heard scratching followed by whining. “What on earth?” Harry stood up and helped a sixth month pregnant Hermione to her feet. “It’s coming from the front door.” He picked up his wand and lit the tip quickly with the incantation before holding his wife’s hand and pulled her towards the door.

As soon as he opened the door and before they could even peek through a small ball of wet black fur streaked in. “Hey, what’s this?”

The black puppy stopped long enough to shake the rain from his fur. “Oh, it’s a puppy. Poor thing.”

The puppy then walked right passed them and over to the fire. He yawned as he stretched his little body, sticking his butt in the air, before he curled himself on the rug. “Well…make yourself comfortable, buddy.”

The puppy opened only one eye and looked annoyed. As if he was trying to say, “Do you mind? Trying to sleep here.”

Harry crouched down and placed his hand on the small black head, scratching behind his ear. The puppy groaned in pleasure then licked his hand while his tail thumped against the rug. “Funny, he almost looks like…”

“Sirius?” Hermione finished as she stroked his back.

“Yeah,” he said softly. “I know it’s silly, but…”

“No…it’s not silly.” She kissed Harry’s cheek. “We’ll call him Snuffles.”

Hermione cupped Snuffles face with her hands. “Look at you now, all grown up. You look more and more like the original Snuffles. You even have his eyes.” She giggled when he replied by giving her kisses with his lapping tongue. “All right, that’s enough now. I need to run upstairs and you mind yourself. No cookies.”

Snuffles sat on his rump as he watched Hermione disappear out of the kitchen and down the hallway that led to the stairs. He eyed the cookies and considered chancing it, but then shivered when he remembered Hermione and the wrath of a rolled up newspaper. Nope, better not chance it.

Snuffles yawned then trotted over to the den and curled up on his large circular cushioned bed while he waited on James and Harry. It was really remarkable that he was given this chance to come back. To watch over Harry as he grew into a man. There had been so many times he wanted to change into Sirius, but knew he couldn’t do it. It wasn’t part of the deal and he didn’t have the power to. He was just a normal dog with no powers or magic. He had only one life left with Harry and even though the life of a dog isn’t as long as a human, it was better than nothing.

At the sound of the roaring fire Snuffle’s head shot up and watched as Harry stumbled out of the fire then turn around quickly to catch his four year old son who followed soon after. They both laughed as they stumbled onto the floor and their broomsticks clattered beside them. “You’re getting the hang of Floo Powder, Jamie boy,” Harry laughed as he playfully rubbed his head. “I can still barely land on my feet.”

“Thanks, Dad….ahh! Snuffles!” He shrieked with laughter as he let Snuffles attack him with licks as he hovered over him on the rug. He stopped long enough to greet Harry too, who laughed and kept him at bay, then playfully tackled him to the rug and started to wrestle with the men of he house.

Hermione smiled as she stood and watched her husband, her son and the dog rough house together on the den floor. Harry was tickling James as he giggled in delight, while Snuffles barked and circled around them, trying to get in the action. Snuffles rolled on his back and exposed his belly, while James scratched it as he sat in Harry’s lap. It was a sight that she embedded in her mind and locked it up for a rainy day. “I see the men are back. The house is no longer quiet.”

Harry looked up at his wife and grinned, while James jumped up and ran to her. “Mama, I caught the Snitch in three minutes!”

“Wow, your best yet!” Hermione said as she lifted her up. Little League Quidditch were for kids ages four to seven and it was James first year. In Little League the three hoops weren’t as high and the Snitch was a lot slower than an actual Snitch. Not to mention the Bludger wasn’t nearly as big and move as fast…thank Merlin. It wasn’t a surprise that James would have the talent of a Seeker, just as his Dad and his Granddad. “When’s your next game?”

“On Saturday, you can go right?”

“Have I missed a game yet?” she asked jiggling him on her hip.

He giggled. “No, you never miss my game, or Dad’s.”

Harry decided not to go along with being an Auror, but to continue to do what he loved best, and that was play Quidditch. He was the Seeker for the Chudley Cannons. “That’s right.” He put James down and then greeted Harry with a kiss. “Hey coach, are the Fighting Hippogriff’s ready for the next game.”

“Sure are. Little Brenna Weasley is an expert Chaser.” Brenna was Ron and Luna’s daughter, born nearly nine months after James.

“Dad.” James, who looked exactly like Harry, with the messy black hair and the emerald green eyes. “Is Brenna coming over later?”

“You bet, so are Uncle Draco and Aunt Ginny with little Leslie.”

“Awesome!”

“Daddy! You home! Daddy, Daddy look!”

Harry turned to see his two year old daughter parade in the den proudly with her cute pink two piece swimsuit exposing her little pot belly. Her wild brown curls were in a pigtail and her matching pink flip flops that were still a little big on her, decorated her feet. They were also on backwards. So was, Harry realized as he tried not to laugh, her top to her swimsuit. “Daddy, I dwessed aw by myself!”

Beside him James chuckled. “Kendall, your swimsuit is on backw…ow!” He rubbed his side where his dad nudged him, which meant that he needed to keep his mouth shut. “I’m going to get my suit on!” And with that said he ran out of the room with Snuffles quick on his heels.

“Sweetie, you look great,” Harry kneeled down and let his daughter wrap her tiny arms around him. “I can’t believe you are getting dressed all by yourself!”

“I’m a big girl now,” she said and then put her little hands on Harry’s cheek as she looked into his eyes. “I’m still yo wittle girl, dough wight? Even dough I’m a big girl?”

Harry’s eyes softened and tapped her freckled nose. “Angel, you’ll always be my little girl.”

She giggled and kissed him on the mouth. “I go and swim with Jayce and Emma.”

“Okay, let Jayce put a floating charm on you before you get in.”

“Okay!”

Harry watched in amusement as she tried to walk on the flip-flops and with one last chuckle twirled his finger around once, so that her swimsuit magically turned around and her flip-flops switched to the correct feet. “She’s a stubborn one.” He smiled at his wife. “Her looks seem to not only be the things she’s inherited from you.”

Hermione sighed as she placed her head on his shoulder. “She’s the sweetest thing, Harry. She adores her Daddy.”

“And loves her mama.” He kissed the top of her head. “What do you say we go on upstairs and get our suits on and join them.”

“Sounds like a great idea.”

Just then James came running back into the room with his swim trunks on. “Can I go outside? I don’t have to put a flotation charm on, I’m a really good swimmer, Dad.”

“I know you are, buddy, but for now put that charm on.” He ruffled his head. “Don’t be in such a hurry to grow up okay?”

“All riiight,” he sighed. “But when you come out, can we swim together, Dad? I want to show Mum!”

“Sure thing, we can show your Mum how I toss you up really high in the air.”

“Okay!” He said jumping up once and then ran out through the backdoor leading to the pool.

“He has no fear,” Hermione said shaking her head. “Neither does Kendall Ann.”

“They’re great kids.” He pulled her into his arms and kissed her softly. “And I love you for having them.”

“We’ll have more,” she assured him as she snuggled against his chest. “At least two more.”

“Two more?” He smiled at the thought of going through everything two more times. “I can live with that.”

“For now though, let’s go get changed and swim with the kids we have now.”

“I can live with that, too.”

Dressed in only his green swim trunks, Harry emerged from his private walk in closet. “Hermione, you ready?”

“Almost.”

Her voice came from her own closet, so Harry circled their king size canopy bed and went to the bathroom on the other end. Her closet was just off to the right of the bathroom and was quite a bit larger than his. She needed more space, the women had way too many things. He leaned against the door jam as he enjoyed the view of her backside while she fiddled with her blue sheer wrap she tied around her waist. The blue wrap matched her sexy blue bikini and the need for her went straight to his gut. Too bad she was taking the time to adjust her wrap, because in about thirty seconds he was going to enjoy taking it off.

Harry walked up behind her and slid his arms around her waist. She jumped a little, then sighed when his lips found her neck. “You wearing that bikini to torture me?”

She grinned as she leaned back into him. “Maybe.” She gasped and her eyes fluttered closed when he nibbled at her ear. “Harry, not now…the kids…”

“Are outside swimming with Jayce and Emma.” He turned her around and his mouth nibbled on hers while he backed her up against a narrow bare wall that wasn’t decorated with shelves or rods. “It’s been forever since I’ve had you.”

“You just had me this morning in the shower,” she laughed.

“That long? No wonder I’m aching for you.” He pressed her up against the wall and rubbed his body against hers and grinned against her lips. “Remember the first time I backed you into a wall.”

She clenched his shoulders with her hands and tilted her hips up to meet his. “How can I forget? No gave me my nickname.”

“Bobcat,” he murmured as his hand swept over down her body and just like that she was naked.

“Harry,” she groaned as she clutched handfuls of his hair and yanked his mouth on hers. The wandless magic still sent her over the edge. She could taste his passion in just his kiss and it was anything but gentle. Good, she didn’t want gentle. She wanted hot, fast and wild. Just because she was a mother of two, didn’t mean her sex drive went away. With Harry she figured it never would. She hoped they continued to screw like rabbits till the day they croaked.

His hands possessed her and his mouth claimed her. She was perfect and could never get enough of her. When his hand found her she was already trembling and was shocked and completely turned on when she came almost immediately. “Bloody hell,” he cursed as he attacked her neck and before he could even let her come down from her first high he dropped to his knees. “Again.”

The air turned thick and Hermione could hardly breath. Still shaky from her first orgasm, she felt another one creeping up on her as Harry’s mouth worked her. She groaned as she tightened her leg that wrapped around Harry’s back, causing his mouth to be pressed more firmly against her. Her second orgasm hit her just as fast and hard as the first and her body shook and as her head thrashed back and forth until her legs no longer worked.

Harry dragged her onto the floor of the closet, rolling them both until he loomed over her. He hooked both arms under her thighs and pushed her knees up towards her face before plunging inside her. “Hermione.” He could barely say it he was so turned on and the need to take her fast and hard was overwhelming. He started to move in fast frantic thrusts and she didn’t disappoint when she met every one.

“Faster,” she gasped as she turned her face into his forearms and bit down hard while her third orgasm was drawing near. She shifted her legs, silently telling him to let go so she could wrap her legs tight around him during the final stretch to both their release. His hips pumped into hers even faster and all either of them could manage was gasps of pleasure. Knowing he was close she cleverly clenched her inner walls and smiled in triumph when he gasped and his body jerked.

They came together, as they clung to each other, bucking and trembling before they both collapsed together and was spent. Harry was on top of her, weighing her down on the floor and Hermione thought she might have died but the frantic beat of her heartbeat assured her that she was very much alive.

“I’m crushing you,” he murmured against her neck. “I’ll move sometime in the next century when I have the strength.”

She managed to chuckle under him. “Take your time.” She strummed his hair with her fingers and kissed his forehead. “It was time we christened my closet.”

With his eyes still closed he grinned and nuzzled her. “Have we covered all the rooms, then?”

“I believe so. Have we done your closet yet?”

“Yeah.” He grunted as he sat himself up on his elbows. “A few months ago, I was getting ready for a game and had my uniform all on before you jumped me.”

“Oh yeah,” she giggle as she slid her hands over his butt. “You’re butt looks so good in those Quidditch pants.”

He groaned. “Hermione, stop or I’ll have to take you again, which I don’t think either of us can handle.”

“Very well. Mind putting my swimsuit back on with your magical hands?”

“Sure, but can you take it?” He grinned as he nipped at her lips. “I know what my wandless magic does to you.”

“I’ll try to contain myself.” She then shoved his chest. “Now get off, we need to get outside before they start to worry.”

“Okay.” He kissed her again one

last time. “Love you.”

Her heart fluttered and she sighed. “Love you, too.”

They walked outside to see their two kids splashing and swimming with Jayce and Emma. James was swimming around Emma, while Kendall was clinging on Jayce. “Hey, can we join you guys?”

“Hi Daddy!” Kendall waved. “Mama, come in da watah!”

Hermione slipped of her wrap and plopped into the water and scooped up her daughter when she eagerly held out her hands. James surprised her by swimming up behind her and wrapping his arms around her neck. Hermione smiled and ruffled his hair. “Hey you.”

He grinned at her before turning to Harry. “Dad, do a trick on the board!”

“Yeah, Daddy do a trick!” Kendal bounced on her mama’s hip as she clapped.

“Well, if you insist,” he said and stepped up onto the board. He walked to the edge in two long strides, jumped hard at the end, then did a crazy side flip in the air before landing with a splash. He surfaced to see them cheering and swam to his family.

“Dad, throw me!” James swam to Harry then climbed into this arms. “Really high!”

“Really high? You sure?”

“Yeah, really, really, high!”

“Okaay, here we go.” He kneeled down so James sat on his hands. “One…two…three!” Harry pushed his son up and out of the water and laughed when he shrieked with delight before hitting the water.

He came up grinning as he paddled back. “Mum, did you see?”

“I sure did,” she laughed as she let him hang onto her free arm. “You went really high!”

“My tun!” Kendall swam to Harry and giggled when he plucked her up. “I wanna go high, too!”

“You got it, Angel.” He smiled as he turned around and grabbed her tiny waist. “Can you count with me?”

“Uh huh, I can count to ten!”

“I know you can. Let’s count to three.”

“Otay, thwee,” she agreed.

Together they counted and on three Harry launched her up and she went flying. The floatation charm popped her up like a cork and she laughed as she swam back. “That was fun!”

The family of four continued with their swim, as Emma and Jayce snuck into the hot tub. She smiled when he pulled her back up against him, then blushed when his hands got a little brave under water. “Jayce, not the time,” she mumbled against his neck.

He chuckled as he kissed the top of her head. “Can’t blame a guy for trying.”

“Later,” she promised with a kiss. “When we can sneak away.”

“That’s my girl.”

The Weasley’s arrived soon after, with their three and a half year old daughter in tow. Brenna stood impatiently as she let her dad take off her clover up and put a flotation device charm, while she watched her Uncle Harry throw James. Brenna was a cute girl with freckles on her nose she got from her dad and bright blue eyes like her Mum. Her hair color was as if she couldn’t decide which to inherit, so it was a mixture of both giving her hair a color of strawberry blonde.

Once her dad gave her the okay she ran to the edge. “Uncle Harry throw me!”

Harry sighed when she jumped in. “These kids are going to be the death of me,” he complained but happily picked her up from the water. “Brenna, my #1 chaser!” He then tossed her up high in the air and she loved every second of it.

“Brenna, come play on the step with me,” James said who was standing on the little step in the deep end.

“Okay, let’s see who can hold their breath longer underwater.”

James puffed his chest up in a challenge. “Okay, I’m gonna win!”

While they battled it out, Luna finally made it into the pool. “It is so hot!” she exclaimed as she waddled down the steps.

“How are you feeling?” Hermione asked in sympathy.

“Nothing worse than being pregnant during the summer.” She eased herself on one of the steps, bringing the water up to her shoulders. “This is heaven.”

“About a month to go.” Hermione placed a hand on her belly. “Another girl?”

“Possibly. The idea of Ron being outnumbered by girls has its perks.”

“This where the party’s at?” Draco asked as he walked out from the house with his eight month old daughter at his hip.

“Hey Malfoy,” Ron called out as he and Harry were lounging on the steps with their wives as they sipped on muggle beer. “Where’s your better half?”

“She’s right behind me. She got caught up at work. Who knew her new position as fashion editor for Witch Weekly would cause so much crisis.” Leslie interrupted him by squealing as she jumped up and down, obviously excited to go swimming. “All right, we’re going, we’re going.”

“She’s getting so big.” Hermione cooed at her. “She looks just like you, Draco.”

“I know.” He beamed with pride as he tossed her in the air and caught her. “Not one ounce of Weasley in the looks department. Except she inherited the Weasley stubbornness.” His heart melted when she demanded him for a kiss. “And the soft heart.” He gave her a kiss then began to pull her through the water as he held onto her hands. He still couldn’t believe he had a daughter. How did he get so lucky?”

“She’s getting pretty cute, Draco.” Harry said as he set his bottle of beer on the edge of the pool and took Leslie from Draco. “Pretty soon boys will start flocking.”

Draco scowled as he picked up Harry’s beer and took a sip. “Any boy that so much as looks at her is dead meat.”

“Hi Uncle Draco!” James exclaimed plopping down next to him. “Hiya Leslie!”

At the sight of James, she giggled and held out her arms. “Jay Jay.”

Chuckling, James let Leslie crawl over on his lap. “Wow, guess she likes me, huh?”

“Aww, Leslie’s first crush.” Harry slapped Draco’s back. “Don’t worry, James is harmless. Hermione and Luna are already planning his wedding to Brenna.”

“What about Brenna?” James asked as he winced a little when Leslie tugged at his hair.

Harry winked at Draco. “Nothing, buddy.”

It was close to nine when everyone got the kids settle down. Ginny had her daughter safely on the couch in the den, surrounded by pillows to keep her from rolling off. She also put a hearing charm on herself so she could always hear Leslie, even if she was in the other room. Kind of like a magical version of the muggle baby monitor.

Brenna and James piled into James’ bed while Hermione put on a DVD for them. They had both had their baths and dinner, but it was now time for them to settle down. “Mum, is Brenna staying the night?” James asked.

“I don’t know, depends on how long the grown ups stay up.” She kissed him on the forehead. “You two watch the movie and settle down, okay?”

“Okay.”

However, as soon as Hermione closed the door, James and Brenna engaged into a pillow fight while jumping on the bed.

Hermione, who was well aware of what was going on, but decided to give them a break, stepped quietly into Kendall’s room to say goodnight. She smiled when she saw Harry carrying her from the bathroom to the bed, while Kendall clung to Harry.

“But Daddy, I’m not…not…” She yawned and rubbed her tired eyes as he put her in bed. “Sleepy.”

“Well, how bout this,” Harry suggested as he fiddled with the covers and sat on the edge of the bed. “You close your eyes and if you don’t fall asleep by the time you count to ten, you can stay up.”

“Can I….*yawn*….come down and see you?”

“If you don‘t fall asleep?” He poked her nose with his finger. “Sure, you gotta deal.”

She smiled sleepily. “Love you, Daddy.”

He kissed her forehead. “Love you, too.”

“Where’s Mommy?”

“Right here, baby,” Hermione whispered as she let herself known and walked to the bed. “You sleep well, okay?” She gave her a kiss. “Sweet dreams.”

“I’m not tiyad, Mommy.” She rubbed her tired eyes and gave another small yawn. “I’m….awake.”

Harry chuckled as he watched sleep take over her. “Every time, she fights it.” He sighed as he rubbed a finger along her cheek. “Will you look at her? Have you ever seen anything so sweet?”

She smiled as she wrapped her arms around him and rested his chin on his shoulder. “She’s your baby girl.”

“Yeah,” he said shakily. “It’s weird how fast they grow up.”

“I know.” She kissed his cheek. “Come on, let’s go meet everyone in the hot tub as planned. All our kids are down.”

If they didn’t have guests, Harry could watch her sleep all night. “Okay.” He stood up and gave Kendall one last kiss and then left the room quietly with Hermione. “One last kid to check on.” He paused at Emma’s door and knocked, waiting a beat before entering, knowing that Jayce was in with her.

Jayce and Emma were lying stiffly on opposite sides of the bed, both looked flushed and out of breath as they pretended to read books for next year’s classes. “Okay, hate to interrupt study break, but Jayce why don’t you head to your room.”

“Oh, come on, Harry,” Emma protested. “We’re studying.”

“Uh huh. I can tell by Jayce’s text book. Always read your book upside down, buddy?”

“Huh?” he asked and then turned read when he noticed the upside down text. “Er…I uh….”

Behind him, Harry heard Hermione giggle and he nudged her to keep quiet. “Jayce, go on to your room. Emma…you stay in your room.”

She sighed in defeat. “Yes, Harry.”

“Good night, Emma,” Jayce said giving her a quick kiss, then trudged out of the room avoiding eye contact with Harry.

Harry closed Emma’s door then stood with Hermione as they watched Jayce walk down the end of the hallway to his room. “You do realize that he’ll probably sneak back in right?”

Harry looked down at Hermione and grinned. “I would think he was an idiot if he didn’t try it. But at least I did the grown up thing and as long as I don’t catch them, it’s okay.”

She chuckled and grabbed his hand. “Let’s go downstairs.”

“Can you believe we’re parents?” Draco asked and took a sip of his beer “I still shudder when I think about it.”

“We all started pretty early,” Ron said as he held his beer with one hand and slowly caressed his wife’s belly under the hot water with the other. “Not that I mind.”

Harry hugged his wife and snuggled her on his lap. “Well, James was sure a surprise, that’s for sure.”

“Kendall was a surprise too, we weren’t trying.”

“No, but thank Merlin it happened.” Harry kissed her neck. “I can’t imaging my life with out my baby girl.”

“I want more already,” Ginny said. “Don’t look at me like that Draco, we’re having more until at least one of them has red hair.”

He grinned and then kissed her. “Whatever you say.”

“It’s nice isn’t it?” Harry asked. “Ever since sixth year, the sixth of us have been close and been through so much. It’s nice to know we have so much to look forward to.”

Ron toasted his beer up. “Now with the war over our world is as safe as it’s ever been.”

“No one’s living in fear anymore.” Luna sighed dreamily. “It’s wonderful.”

“My Luna’s even been more loony,” Ron chuckled and then grunted when she elbowed him in the ribs. “Ow, jeez Luna. That was a compliment.

“Better be.”

He grinned. “Of course it is, you know your loonyness turns me on.”

“Aww jeez, do we need to hear that?” Harry asked. “I mean really.”

He just shrugged sheepishly. “Sorry.”

“Okay, I say we make a toast,” Hermione said as she reached over and grabbed her glass of merlot. “A toast to us, our friendship that had let us to where we are today. To our kids, may they live long and healthy lives and experience all the ups and downs to growing up.”

“Lord help me when Leslie hits puberty,” Draco mumbled, causing everyone to laugh.

“To us,” Harry finally said holding up his beer. “May we always be friends and no matter what happens, we stick together.”

“This is getting kind of mushy, I may cry.”

“Shut up, Draco.” Ginny slapped her husband’s arm. “Can you be a least bit sentimental?”

“All right fine.” He held up his bottle. “To my friends. From the beginning I was taught that people like you guys, people who cared and possessed a good heart, were the enemy. It took me awhile to realize that I had it all wrong. You were my first real friends and my only real friends. Turning over to your side was the best thing that could happen to me. My greatest enemies became my best friends. And one of them became the love of my life.” He turned to Ginny who had tears shimmering in her eyes. “And gave me a beautiful daughter.” He kissed her softly on the lips. “To us.”

“To us,” everyone said.

“How was that?” Draco asked with a grin.

Ginny sniffed back her tears. “Oh, I guess that’ll do.” She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him close. “I love you.”

“Now, I’m going to cry,” Ron choked as he wiped away an imaginary tear. “So touching.”

“Sodd off, Weasley,” Draco said pushing him roughly.

Harry grinned as he set his bottle down. “Well, I say we go crazy. Who wants to skinny dip?”

All three guys raised their hands so fast in the air, that the girls couldn’t help but laugh. Even though they were parents now, they were still young at heart. “We’re not skinny dipping, Harry,” Hermione said with a chuckle and then turned to his ear. “At least not with them here.”

He groaned. “I can kick them out in a heartbeat,” he whispered.

She just chuckled. “Later.”

From a distance, Snuffles sat on the back porch as he watched the six circle of friends laugh and carry on like there was no care in the world. This was what he, James and Lily had always wanted. A life with no fear of wondering if you would survive another day. It made him happy to know that after all Harry had been through, he was able to enjoy it with his family and friends. James and Lily were watching them as well, he had no doubt and knowing that their son was happy and safe they could rest in peace along with himself, once his life as Snuffles was over.

Sirius heard Harry bust out laughing and the sound warmed his heart. He was never able to hear him laugh like that when he was human, and was grateful to hear it now. Harry was happy now and that was enough.

Snuffles stretched out on the wooden porch and put his head down to close his eyes. He heard the laughter again and smiled inside. That was enough.

XXXX

Wow, I can’t believe after all this time it’s finally done. That has been my longest fanfic I’ve ever written. It was so much fun to write and thanks so much for all the support! I hope the ending was satisfactory. I really wanted to finish it before the book came out, because I knew writing would be the last thing on my mind!

I’m reading The Da Vinci Code right now which is great! I even laughed because they mention Harry Potter. It’s actually pretty funny, here is the part,

“These books can’t possibly compete with centuries of established history, especially when that history is endorsed by the ultimate bestseller of all time.”

Faukman’s eyes went wide. ‘Don’t tell me Harry Potter is actually about the Holy Grail.”

“I was referring to the Bible.”

Faukman cringed. “I knew that.”

Heheh, I giggled out loud when I read that, I thought it was so funny.

Anyway, I’m trying to hurry and finish it until this weekend! I can’t believe it’s almost here!!

As far as writing another story and finish Two to Tango, I don’t know when that will be. I really want to concentrate on my other story I’m working on. Just started it actually, but it’s a regular fiction story, not about Harry Potter. I kind of want to try and start on that for a bit so I don’t know how long I’ll be gone.

I just wanted to say thanks so much for everything and giving me so much support on ALL my stories here on Portkey. I won’t be far, I still love to read other people’s stories now and again. E-mail me anytime you need me for anything, I love hearing from you guys! Can’t say enough on how much I appreciate it! Love you guys!

~HM