Summer Bliss

Harrys Mistress

Rating: R
Genres: Romance
Relationships: Harry & Hermione
Book: Harry & Hermione, Books 1 - 4
Published: 28/01/2004
Last Updated: 06/02/2004
Status: Completed

Harry's having dreams. Dreams that are way too real, just like they always are. The only difference is, Harry finds himself wishing they were real instead of his own fantasy. Set the summer before Harry's 7th year. H/Hr & R/OC

1. Chapter 1

Hey guys. Here’s a fic I’ve been meaning to post. I finished it before book 5 came out, and it’s not really much of a plot kind of fic. Just something fun and fluffy. The chapters won’t be too long, but I’ll update frequently. Probably every day or twice a day depending on the feedback I get. I mention Sirius in this fic, but it’s nothing big enough to change. So let’s just pretend that he comes back or something. Like I said, it’s not a big deal. This story is mostly about Harry and Hermione, plus Ron and one of my own characters later in the story. Anyway, hope you like. I’ll try and post more of Four of Hearts after work today if I can. Latas!

Sumer Bliss

Chapter 1

Harry Potter stiffened when he felt the female presence behind him and when a pair of soft hands covered his green eyes the world went dark. He didn't know where he was, but at this point it didn't matter. All he cared about was the woman behind him. "Cho?" he finally whispered as he tried to turn to face his girlfriend.

"Shhh," she whispered and pressed the front of her body against his back to prevent him from turning around. "Don't talk."

His breath caught in the back of his throat when he felt her press herself against him. He was confused, because Cho seemed to have grown a few inches. It felt unfamiliar...it felt wonderful. Her hands were still over his eyes and so all he saw was blackness. She smelled of roses.... mixed with sunlight. He never noticed her scent before. Something was wrong, but yet he couldn't deny the pleasure he was feeling.

"Close your eyes," she said huskily in his ear and he trembled when she nibbled at his earlobe. "Are they close, baby?"

He only nodded, because when he opened his mouth to speak, no words came out. He then felt her hands slip away from his eyes and even though he was desperate to open them, he kept them shut as promised. Her hands traveled down his neck and then over his shoulders and he bit his lip when she started to trail kisses along his neck. That's when he realized he was shirtless. He could feel her warm hands and soft mouth burning his bare skin. Her hands were on his waist now and then circled around his torso before grazing his flat stomach. "Baby, you're killing me," he groaned while she was now kissing his shoulder.

"I just love these little freckles on your shoulder," she whispered as she slowly moved around until she was facing him. "They're so adorable."

"Can I open my eyes now?" he pleaded as he finally lifted his hands and rested them on her slim waist. He pressed his hands firmly against the small of her back, bringing her up against his hard body.

She let out a seductive laugh. "No, not yet," she said as her hands traveled up his arms and then linked around his neck. She leaned up on her toes and kissed the tip of his chin, then grazed them against his chiseled jaw. "I want to kiss you first," she said as her fingers ran over his bottom lip. "I always wondered what it would be like to kiss these lips."

"Baby, what are you talking about," he groaned as he tried to find her mouth with his own, but failed. "You've kissed me be...."

"Shh," she said as she placed a finger against his lips to quite him. "Enough talking. Kiss me, Harry."

"Thought you'd never ask," he whispered before he swooped his head towards hers, slamming his mouth firmly against hers. He groaned in shock at the first touch of her lips. He and Cho had kissed before this, but it had never been this good. There was something about it that made his heart race and his body react. He cupped the back of her neck before finally prying her lips with his tongue, seeking past them and into her sweet mouth. His fingers clutched handfuls of her long hair, not even realizing that Cho had short hair, instead of soft flowing hair he was touching now. She held on tight to him as he kissed her frantically, her tongue slid across his over and over again as the kiss continued to grow more passionate.

Harry couldn't seem to get enough of her. No matter how close he pulled her to him, how deeply he kissed her; it was never enough to satisfy him. He found himself backing her up, both of them shuffling together with their lips still locked, until suddenly they fell backwards on to a bed. Harry's eyes were still closed as he loomed over her, kissing her sweetly as he let all his weight on her. It was the most wonderful feeling Harry had ever experienced. He wanted to know who this woman was; he needed to know the identity of his dream girl. He finally pulled away from his mouth, but only to move his lips to her neck. "Can I open my eyes now?" he asked as he nuzzled her neck.

"Yes," she whispered. "Yes, you can open your eyes."

Harry opened his eyes while his face was still buried against her neck. He kissed her soft skin before slowly pulling away to look at the face that haunted his dreams. His heart dropped and his eyes widened when he saw the familiar face gazing up at him. "Hermione?"

She smiled slyly at him. "Uh huh," she said as she cupped the back of her neck. "Now come back down here and kiss me again."

Harry felt her pull his head closer and closer to her until....



Harry gasped as he woke up his body sprang up from the bed like a spring. His sheets were tangled up in his legs and he was dripping with sweat. He breathed deeply, trying desperately to get his breath back. "Hermione?" he said out loud in the dark.

No one answered back.

2. Chapter 2

Hey, sorry for those who read the update right away, I goofed up. So I had to repost. But I’m gllad you like it. Here’s more. Also, I’ve had a crappy day today, so I probably won’t be up for writing more Four of Hearts, but I don’t really know yet. Look out for it though, just in case.

Chapter 2

*******

Harry walked lazily down the sidewalk of Privet Drive, not really paying attention to where he was going. He was spending his last summer with the Dursleys and the summer couldn't have ended any sooner for his sake. At the end of the summer, he would return to his finally year at Hogwarts where he would finally graduate from Hogwarts and be on his own. He couldn't wait.

He shoved his hands in the pocket of his old rutty jeans as he turned the corner of his block. He past a walking neighbor and smiled politely at him, but the man avoided his eyes and walked quickly past him. Harry rolled his eyes. Thanks to the Dursleys, everyone in the neighborhood thought he was a delinquent. Besides his friends in the wizarding world.... he had none. It didn't bother him though, he was fine with the way things were. He only had to tolerate a couple of more months of it.

He looked both ways before trotting across the street towards the neighborhood park and went straight for the swing set. It was almost dusk, so the park was pretty much deserted and he had it all to himself. He plopped down on one of the swings with a sigh and gripped the chains as he casually pushed himself back and forth with his feet. It was the day after his mysterious dream. The dream about Hermione. Definitely in a...NON-friendly way.

He let out a breath as he ran his fingers through his hair. It was nothing, he thought as he forced himself to laugh. You love Cho...your girlfriend.... you love Hermione too, but only as a friend. You've never thought of her that way.... have you? He shook his head firmly. NO..... you haven't. It was a silly dream; just forget about it. He didn't know why he dreamt it. It was probably just because he had talked to her right before he went to bed on his mobile that Sirius had given him on his 16th birthday.

Sirius didn't know much about cell phones, but he had connections with a certain Muggle friend and he knew that cell phones were some sort of communication. He also knew that with the Dursleys he could never use the phone to talk to her friends.... so he gave him a cell phone. He told him that all the payments were paid for and not to worry about anything but enjoying the phone. He didn't use it when he went to Hogwarts his 6th year, but he planned on using it during the summer. Since Ron was incapable of using a phone and since he had no Muggle friends, the only person who would call him on his cell was Hermione. She had called that night just to chat. They talked for a good while...for at least an hour anyway, so that must have been the reason he dreamt about Hermione and not Cho. What else of a reason would there be?

Before he could even think of another reason, his cell phone went off in his pocket. He leaned back in his swing and fished it out quickly before answering. "Hello Hermione," he said with a smile.

She laughed in his ear. "Hi Harry, am I disturbing you at all?"

"Course not, I've just been walking around the neighborhood," he told her as he stood up from his swing and began to walk back to his house. "What's going on?"

"I'm bored," she said with a sigh.

He let out a laugh. "Join the club. And to think that it's only been a week since we've been home. I don't think I'm going to make it this summer."

"You will Harry, just like you do every summer, " she said.

Harry heard something slam. "What was that?"

"Oh, I was just closing my trunk," she said with a sigh. "I'm going to visit Victor tomorrow. I just finished packing."

He smiled. "Ooooh and how are you and Krum Dumb?"

"Harry," she said in a warning voice. "Knock it off."

He chuckled. "Sorry Mione, I'll behave...promise."

She sighed. "I swear you two fight more than you and Draco."

Harry shrugged as he walked up to his house. "Not my fault that he doesn't like me."

"He likes you," she said in a unsure voice. "He's just...jealous of you."

"Guy has no self esteem," he muttered and walked through the hall.

"Just where the devil have you been?" Mr. Dursley yelled as he put his hands on his wide hips.

"A walk," he mumbled before walking past him and up the stairs, completely ignoring his glare. Since this was Harry's last year, he seemed to have felt less threatened by the Dursleys. They knew that after this year, he was able to do Magic whenever he wanted. And that was a wonderful power to use against them. He surely didn't let them boss him around as he use to. Once he was safely in his room he collapsed on the bed with a sigh. "Well Herm, you have fun with your beau.... call me sometime if you can."

"I'm sure I will," she said with a laugh. "He won't be at his house during the day most of the time because of Quidditch practice. I have a feeling I'll be calling you out of boredom."

Harry smiled into the phone. "Anything to help out a friend. You take care, Herms."

Hermione smiled at the nickname he gave her their fifth year. "You too, Harry. Bye."

Harry clicked off his cell and looked up at the ceiling with a sigh. He finally pushed his dream out of his mind once and for all. Hermione is your friend...and your friend only.

******************

Harry perched up in his bed one afternoon, leaning his back against the headboard with his knees drawn up. He had a pair of headphones on his ears, which happened to be another present from Sirius. He knew that The Dursleys never got him any kind of possessions, so Sirius gave him as much Muggle entertainment as he could to keep him sane during the summer. He smiled when he looked at the over at his entertainment center that was equipped with a brand new TV and a Playstation 2, which was a game that Muggles played. AT first he didn't get it, but now.... he was addicted. Dudley was quite jealous of his PS2; he only had the first Playstation. The Dursley's only allowed him to keep it because it was from his godfather. They were terrified of him. It worked out quite nicely for his sake.

Harry finally tore of his headphones and then leaned over his bed to pull out a brown leather sketchpad that Hermione had given him for his 16th birthday. During his 5th year, Harry discovered another thing he was good at; besides Quidditch.... he loved to sketch. He didn't even know he was good at it until one day in Transfiguration; Harry was doodling instead of taking notes. Hermione was the first to notice...

Hermione glanced over at her friend during class and did a double take when she noticed he wasn't paying attention. He had his head propped up on his hand as he scribbled something on the margin of his notes. Hermione sighed and leaned towards him. "Harry, pay attention, stop doodling and...."

Harry had lifted his head from his hand when she spoke and waited for her to continue, but she was now looking at what he drew. "Harry, did you draw that?" she whispered softly as she glanced up to make sure McGonagall wasn't looking.

"Yeah...I was kind of bored, I didn't realize I was doing it..."

"Is that Buckbeak's head?" she asked as she pointed to it. When he nodded she looked back at his sketch and was blown away. It was incredible. "Harry, that's really good.... you have talent."

His ears turned pink. "I don't know, I just...."

"Is there something you'd like to share with the rest of the class Potter and Granger?"

They both turned their heads to the strict Professor and slouched in their seats. "No Professor," the mumbled quietly.


Ever since then, Harry sketched when he was bored. He sketched his friends, Hagrid, Dumbledor, he even one time sketched Crookshanks and Hedwig one time when he was lounging in the common room one day. Hermione obviously paid attention to this, because he gave her the magical sketchbook for his birthday. As soon as he was done with the drawing, it would move and come to life. Just like the photographs in the wizarding world.

He flipped through the pages one by one, studying each one of them. He smiled at the one of Hermione studying by the fire in the common room. He had sketched her without knowing. The Hermione in the drawing had her legs draped over the chair as she sat sideways, bopping her legs up and down. The fire made of ink moved and flickered like a real one and Crookshanks, who was perched up on top of the chair was bathing himself. She still had no idea he drew her.

He then turned the page and his smile dropped when he saw the gorgeous sketch of Cho he did one day last year. He missed her. He missed the days when she was carefree and fun. Now, he hardly ever saw her, since she got a job at The Daily Prophet. She graduated this past year and was immediately offered a job there as the new advice column for witches. She was supposedly very good at it; her boss hardly ever let her off. He was happy for her, but.... lately she seemed a little distant. He was a year younger than she, so he had to be still in school. A part of him thought that she looked at him like he was still a kid.

He continued to think about Cho sadly and just when he was about to push it aside her voice echoed through the room. He looked up from the book and jumped when he saw his girlfriend standing in his room. "Cho," he said breathlessly as he put a hand on his heart. "You scared me to death, I told you not to apparate to me without me knowing."

"So I wanted to surprise you on my lunch break," she said as she walked over to him and then sat on the edge of his bed.

Harry sat up so he could sit next to her, forgetting that his sketchbook was there and it fell to the floor. Harry quickly tried to pick it up, but Cho beat him to it and unfortunately the picture of Hermione that no one knew he had was facing up. "What's this?"

He shrugged as he tried to play it off. "Just a sketch I did, no surprise there."

"Of Hermione?" she asked with a slight hint of hostility in her voice.

"Yes, Hermione...my best friend?" he reminded her and then took his sketchbook away and shut it firmly.

"I know Hermione quite well, thank you," she said with a roll of her eyes. "The girl is everywhere."

"Why do you two fight all the time?" he asked with a shake of his head. 'Everyone likes Hermione fine, but you...Hermione tried to befriend you at first but you totally ignored her."

"Oh, so now you're taking sides?" she snapped and then got up. "Sorry I decided to come see you."

"Cho, wait," he said quickly as he stood up before she could disappear. "I'm sorry, it's just that.... Hermione is my friend and the sooner you realize that the better. I love you, you know I do...but I care for Hermione too, she's my friend."

She sighed as she looked out the window. "I'm sorry if I overreact when it comes to her, but...I'm just scared that she'll steal you away from me."

His heart dropped when he remembered his dream. "Cho," he finally said. "You don't have anything to worry about. I'm with you, not Hermione.... YOU."

She gave him a reassuring smile as she finally nodded and then hugged him. "I have to get back to work," she said as she leaned back. "But how bout a kiss before I go?"

He smiled slightly. "I can handle that," he said and then leaned down and kissed her lips softly and again the image of him kissing Hermione in his dream came flooding back to him. Almost angry with himself for thinking of another woman besides the one he was kissing, he pulled Cho to him and kissed her deeply, hoping to prove to not only Cho, but also himself that he loved her and not Hermione.

3. Chapter 3

Hey guys. This chapter is lost. I lost the story when my laptop crashed on me. I can though tell you that you didn’t miss much on this chapter. Let’s see. Uncle Vernon comes up the stairs and Harry tells Cho to leave, Cho of course gets mad(cuz she’s a bitch) And she leaves angry.

Also, you meet Janey for the first time in this chapter, too. Harry talks to Hermione on the phone again, tells how sorry he feels for Janey since his aunt and uncle want Dudley to date Janey(because she’s rich)

Anyway, while Harry is talking to Hermione on the phone he starts sketching in his sketchbook that Hermione got him and finds himself drawing a picture of her from the first dream he had. It freaks him out and he tosses the book on the floor.

That’s pretty much it from what I can remember. Hope that helps a little!

4. Chapter 4

Hey guys. Sorry, no Four of Hearts tonight, I have dinner plans with friends tonight. But here’s another update of Summer Bliss. Glad you guys are liking it.

Chapter 4

Harry's footsteps echoed through an empty corridor of the place he called home. Hogwarts. He looked around curiously as he kept walking, wondering why the hall was deserted. It wasn't in the middle of the night, because the sun shown brightly through the glass windows. Usually the halls were crowded during the day. Where was everybody?

Harry stopped and then stared at Hermione who was perched up on a windowsill gazing out the window. The sun shimmered around her, making her look ten times more beautiful than she already was. He remembered how it felt to run his fingers through that long flowing hair, and the memory of how her lips felt against him made his heart drop to the pit of his stomach. She finally turned towards him. She smiled. Harry found himself walking towards her, making sure he took his time, even though he was desperate to get to her faster.

She turned away from the window towards him, but still sat on the stone ledge. "We meet again Harry."

Harry stood right in front of her, placing his hands on either side of her hips while his squeezed between her knees. "Another dream?" he whispered as he loomed over her. Their lips were only inches away from one another. But they did not touch.

"Another one of our dreams," she said as she slid her hands down his chest which was covered this time with just a plain white hugged his upper body to show off well define torso.

"Why do we keep having these dreams, Hermione," he asked as he stepped closer to her...their noses bumped.

"I don't know, you tell me?" she asked as she slipped her thumbs underneath the band of his jeans and playfully tugged on them to bring him closer.

"Hermione, I'm with Cho," he said but closed his eyes when she leaned up to kiss his neck.

"That's true," she murmured against his skin. "Why don't you close your eyes and think about her...maybe I'll go away."

He let out a shaky sigh as he kept his eyes close, trying to think about Cho...trying to imagine it was Cho that was using that clever mouth on him. He finally pulled away and opened his eyes.

"Am I gone?" she asked with a slight smile.

"No," he said as he shook her head. "Still my Hermione sitting in front of me."

"Your Hermione?" she asked amused. "I'm not yours, Harry...I belong to Victor."

"Mmmm, no," he said and this time he buried his face against her neck. "You're my Hermione.... always will be."

"And you're my Harry," she whispered as she clutched strands full of his thick unruly hair. She closed her eyes when she felt him kiss her neck...and then again as he trailed kisses up to her ear before moving over her jaw line, making sure he got every inch of skin. He then kissed her chin, then hovered over her own pair of lips, both of them breathing deeply as they looked into each other's eyes.

They then went for each other. Mouth seeking mouth. Hands groping. Teeth and tongue clashing. There was no finesse in this kiss. Only raw passion.

Hermione's back slammed against the glass so hard, she was afraid it might shatter into pieces, just like her whole body did when Harry kissed her. Her arms found him and she pulled him desperately closer to her as he continued to devour her with his eager mouth. She didn't know it could be like this...she had no clue. All she did know was that when Harry kissed her.... it felt right.

But then.... it suddenly stopped. He was yanked away from her as if someone yanked him away by a string. She reached for him.... but only grabbed air.


Hermione jerked herself awake as she lifted her head off the pillow, blinking until she remembered where she was. Victor's guest bedroom finally came into focus and she collapsed her head back on her pillow with a sigh. "Why do I keep having these dreams about Harry?" she asked herself in the dark. "Why?"

She didn't know the answer to that, but she suddenly had the biggest urge to call Harry. Even if it was in the middle of the night. She then sat up in her bed and reached over to turn on the bedside lamp before picking up the phone. She took a deep breath.... and dialed.

She held her breath while she waited for him to pick up. It rang once...twice and then a third time and for a second Hermione didn't think he was going to answer. But then he heard him pick up...then she heard some rustling, then breathing. "Mm, 'lo," his scratchy tired voice filled her ears and she couldn't help but notice how sexy he sounded. "Harry?" she finally managed to say, her voice was a little husky as well from sleep. "Harry, you there?" she asked again when he didn't answer her.

"Yeah, I'm here," he mumbled as he shifted under the covers and rolled on his back. He sighed as he closed his eyes and threw his arm over them. "What's the matter?"

"I'm sorry I woke you up," she whispered and snuggled under her covers when she got a sudden chill. "I...I couldn't sleep."

"Hermione, you can sleep through a heard of Hippogriffs," he stated, not buying it. "You only have trouble sleeping when something's bothering you."

He knew her way too well, she thought. "It's nothing Harry.... I’ll let you get back to sleep."

"You hang up that phone, then you can find a new best friend," he said quickly before she could hang up. "I'm up now...we can talk."

Hermione smiled in the dark. "How's your summer going?"

"Boring honestly," he said as he shifted under his covers to his side to get more comfortable. "This summer is going by incredibly slow. Hasn't even been a month yet." He yawned into the phone. "But these fun phone chats are helping me cope."

Hermione yawned as well but chuckled when she was done. "I enjoy them too."

"How's Krum?"

She forced a smile, even though Harry couldn't see it. "Good.... he uh, stayed out late tonight...with his teammates, so I'm sleeping alone in the guest bedroom so I wouldn't wake up when he got home."

Harry paused for a moment while he let what she said sunk in. "Let me get this straight. You went over to Bulgaria to visit him...his GIRLFRIEND.... and instead of going home to spend time with you, he goes off with his buddies?"

"Harry," she sighed, knowing they were going to get in another argument about Victor. "I don't mind, I was...."

"No, I don't want to hear it, okay?" he said sternly and then sighed. "Hermione, only a FOOL would chose a night of drinking with the guys.... guys he sees ALL day might I remind you...rather than spending it with a beautiful girl."

"Harry, you..." She suddenly stopped when she realized what he said. "You...you think I'm beautiful?"

His heart dropped. "Of course I do, Herms...I think you're gorgeous. You have more than just looks though Hermione, and I think you know that. You're smart, talented, funny and one of the most sincere and giving person I've ever met...and what makes me so furious is that Krum doesn't see it...he has no clue what he has.... why do you think I call him Krum Dumb, huh?"

She sniffed as she felt the tears start to swarm in her eyes. She didn't know what to say, no one...not even her boyfriend had ever said anything like that to her. Her heart ached at his words and it touched her in so many ways. She tried to hide her tears from Harry, but she failed. "

Herms...sweetie, are you crying?" she heard him say softly.

She shook her head. "No," she cried even though it was obvious that she was because her voice cracked and she sniffed and sobbed into the phone.

"Oh, sweetie," he said as he laughed gently into the phone. "I didn't mean to make you cry."

"I'm...sorry...I'm just...you're right.... about Krum that is and....I'm about fed up with it, Harry." She sniffed again as she wiped a tear away. "This house...it's huge and it has enough in it to entertain me for my entire stay here, but...I don't care about that Harry, I wanted to spend time with him..."

"I know," he said softly.

"He doesn't get it," she sobbed;

"Hermione...please just leave him, okay?" he pleaded. "You deserve so much better than that."

"I don't want to be alone this summer, Harry, I...."

"Come see me then," he said suddenly before she could even think of another reason to stay with Krum.

She blinked. "Come...visit you? At the Dursleys?"

"Yes!" he said getting excited about the idea. "I never invited you or Ron over before because I didn't want you two to have to suffer through it.... but now I'm being selfish and I want you to come see me."

She smiled and laughed softly. "The Dursleys wouldn't bug me Harry. I want to see you, too."

He smiled brightly, his heart beating frantically with anticipation. He wanted her to be there tomorrow.... no, tomorrow wasn't good enough...he wanted her to come now. "Pack and get over here."

"Harry, I just can't leave in the middle of the night...."

"Why not? Krum just left you to go out with his friends...why don't you show how it feels?"

Hermione bit her lip as she thought about it. He did have a very good point and she was also very tired of being the quite little girlfriend who did what she was told. "You're right...let me get my things and I'll apparate to you." She paused and smiled into the phone. "I'll see you in second."

"Can't wait, Herms," he said and then hung up the phone with her and sat up in his bed while he waited for her to get there. He was anxious to see her. Now that he had another dream about her.... just tonight and Hermione calling him was what woke him up. It was pity too; he was really enjoying kissing her in a deserted corridor in Hogwarts. He still didn't know what to think about it...he knew he was attracted to Hermione, but also knew he shouldn't act on it...he had a girlfriend for one and the other reason was Hermione.... she probably saw him as just her friend and nothing more...

"What yaw thinking about cutie?"

Harry's head snapped up and saw Hermione standing at the foot of his bed with her bag over her shoulder. She was still wearing her pajamas and also sported a smile on her face. She was a sight for sore eyes. He let out a laugh as he flung his covers off him and sat up on his knees while she dropped her bag to meet him half way. She knelt on his bed and flung her arms around him, both laughing with excitement as the force of the hug knocked them off balance causing them to fall together on the bed.

A/N:I know they aren’t allowed to apparate till their seventeen, but I wasn’t familiar with that rule until after I wrote this part like a year ago. So I explain why they are able to later in the storyJ

5. Chapter 5

Hey guys, here is another update. And I started to write more of Four of Hearts last night, and I could have posted some, but it wasn’t very long. And usually I get yelled at by one or two or several of you guys when my updates are short, haha. So I decided to wait until I added more. Anyway, I gotta go to work, then I’m babysitting tonight for awhile, so look for an update late tonight or Saturday. Have a good one!

Chapter 5

Harry closed his eyes as he held on to her tight, running his hand over her soft brown hair. She was lying on top of him, with her head tucked under his chin and he couldn't help but notice how wonderful it felt. He tried hard not to concentrate on how every part of her body touched his...and fit perfectly. Almost too perfectly. He sighed as he licked his lips nervously. "How come I feel like I haven't seen you in ages?" he finally said in a whisper.

"Hmm, I feel the same way," she said sleepily as she slid off of him only to snuggle up against his side. She always felt comfortable with Harry when she was in his arms this way. In school, they discovered a new bond between the both of them. A bond that was too strong for anyone to break. It was during their sixth year; Harry and Cho had a huge fight. Hermione could tell he needed to get some fresh air and think, so she suggested for him to take a walk on the lake. "Only if you come with me," he had said to her, giving her that sheepish smile she couldn't help but love. She agreed of course, knowing he needed a friend. During their walk, they ran into Wormtail and the last thing she remembered was him pointing his wand at him and the next she knew she was waking up in the hospital wing with Harry's head laying heavily on her stomach fast asleep.

Harry remembered however...he remembered much more. He remembered the fear he felt when Hermione slumped in his arms like a lifeless rag doll. He remembered calling her name when his knees buckled and he sunk to the grass with her. He remembered his rage and how he took it on Wormtail, disarming him with a very powerful spell that knocked him out cold. He remembered the sudden relief that swept over him when he felt her pulse still beating under his fingertips. Dumbledore arrived almost soon after that, telling Harry to give him some room as he and Madam Pomfrey pulled Hermione onto a stretcher.

"What happened? How could you have let this happened!" Victor yelled at Harry as he paced in front of Hermione's bed in the Hospital wing.

"Calm down, Krum," Ron said defending Harry, because knowing him Harry felt that he was to blame. "No one but Wormtail is at fault here."

"Bull shit, as long as my girlfriend hangs around with Potter, she's in danger!"

"That is enough, Mr. Krum," Dumbledore said firmly. "I will not tolerate that kind of language.”

Harry hardly listened to him or anyone else. He sat in a chair next to Hermione's bed as he stared at her with no expression on his face. IT was like he was in a trance. How did this happened? How could I have let this happened? First Cedric...now Hermione...I should have done something!

"Harry," Cho said as she finally stepped up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Why don't we get out of here, okay? There's nothing we can do but wait..."

Harry shrugged off her hand, still furious at her from the argument they had. "I'm staying with her," he said firmly and then looked up at DumbledoEr. "I'm staying professor."

Dumbledore nodded. "I understand Harry. Very well."

"Like hell you are, Harry...she's MY girlfriend if anyone should stay with her, I should!"

Ron rolled his eyes. "Get over yourself," he muttered and then squeezed Lavender's hand that he was holding. Thank Merlin his girlfriend was supporting him, without her he would probably cry like a baby in front of everyone.

"Victor, I think Harry staying here is best for Hermione," Dumbledore said calmly. "You're too hotheaded at the moment and you need to go outside and get some fresh air." He then looked at Harry's girlfriend. "Cho, why don't you join him."

"I want to stay with Harry," she said firmly, everyone knowing that she didn't want to stay for support, but wanted to make sure nothing happened between Hermione and Harry. Everyone knew of Cho's jealousy towards her. It was what started their argument to begin with.

"Cho, maybe you should go," Harry muttered not keeping her eyes off of Hermione. "I want to be alone."

Cho's mouth dropped; completely dumbfounded that Harry was throwing her out. "FINE," she said and then strutted out of the hospital wing, grabbing the very angry Victor along the way.

Ron sighed as he shook her head. "That girl is a bi...OOF!" he grunted as he rubbed his stomach that Lavender just elbowed. "What you do that for?"

"Now is not the time to call Harry's girlfriend bad names, Ron," she muttered quietly out of the side of her mouth and then turned and walked towards Harry. She hugged him from behind, trying to comfort him in any way she could. "She'll be fine Harry," she told him and then gave him a brotherly peck on the cheek.

"Thanks, Lav," he said softly still not breaking contact with Hermione's face.

"You tell us if you need anything, okay Harry?" Ron said as he put a hand on his best friend's shoulder. "We'll be here for you."

"I appreciate it, I promise I will…I just want to be a lone right now."

They both nodded and quietly both left with Dumbledoe. Harry stayed with her, all that night and all afternoon the next day. He skipped his classes, he barely ate what Ron and Lavender brought him. He talked to Hermione every once in awhile, pleading to her to wake up and show her beautiful brown eyes to him. But she kept them closed and Harry felt empty. He was beginning to lose hope that his friend would never wake up and it was all his fault. He leaned forward wrapping one arm around her hip while he rested his cheek against her stomach, as he wept on the inside. He didn't shed a tear, although his eyes watered...but he held them back. He closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep, praying that Hermione would wake up...but silently thinking it would never happened.

The next thing he knew he was waken up by a wonderful feeling. Fingers lazily stroking strands of his messy black hair. He moved his head on her stomach and a soft whisper calling his name made him finally lift his tired head and faced Hermione. Her beautiful brown eyes were gazing up at him as she smiled lazily at her. "Hermione," he whispered afraid to believe that she was really awake and not just a dream.

"Hi Harry," she said, her voice weak and scratchy.

"Oh Herms...thank god," he cried as he crawled onto the bed with her and fell into her arms, burying his face in her neck while Hermione wrapped her arms around his shoulders. He then began to weep...his shoulders started to shake and his warm tears began to trickle down Hermione's neck as he finally fell apart.

"I'm okay...I'm here," she soothed as he continued to cry, something he never did in front of anyone ever before now.

"I thought I lost you," he choked as he turned and rested his cheek against her chest while Hermione now ran her fingers through his hair. "I would have never have forgiven myself if...." He couldn't even finish his sentence. "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry."

"Don't be, Harry. It's not your fault...it never is." She then kissed the top of her head while Harry slowly gained his breathing back as he sniffed back a few more tears that threatened to come out. "Have you been here a long? Have you eaten or gotten any sleep?"

Harry didn't answer. He had cried himself to sleep from exhaustion.

That was how the bond was made. Ever since then they have been as close as any two friends can be. Both being prefects, they would spend many hours together in their private common rooms, laying by the fire, talking, studying or goofing off. It was the kind of friendship that everyone wished they had.

Harry pulled the covers over both of them and they snuggled together to get warm. "I'm glad your here, Herms," Harry said and kissed the crown of her head.

Hermione smiled in the dark, her arm draped over his stomach and her head resting against his chest. "Same here."

Hermione woke up the next morning to silence, which was something she wasn't use to. Usually, in the morning; she would be woken up annoyingly by her boyfriend, who didn't know how to get out of bed and dress quietly. Sometimes he would even wake her up by kissing her neck or her mouth, trying to get her to make out with him before he left. It annoyed her thoroughly, because anyone who knew her well enough knows she's not a morning person, and being woken up at six in the morning with groping hands and sloppy kisses didn't make her all too happy.

It was quiet though and she had no clue how early it was, but the house was quiet so she must have been the first one awake in the Dursley's household. She stretched lazily under the sheets as she looked over at Harry who was still sound asleep, facing her on his side. He looked so peaceful and innocent when he slept, she almost caught a glimpse of the eleven year-old boy she befriended her first year. She sighed as she continued to study him. She couldn't believe she was here. She couldn't believe that Harry persuaded her to leave in the middle of the night. Boy, was Victor gonna have a field day when he finds out and she was quite positive that he would be even MORE mad when he found out where she went. In Harry's bed. She shuddered at the thought. However, being here with Harry made her happy and that right there was worth it.

"Take a picture it lasts longer."

Hermione took in a startled breath as her eyes flickered up to see his emerald green eyes gazing at hers with amusement. "How long have you been awake?"

"Lone enough...do you always watch people sleep?"

Her eyes narrowed. "Oh shut up," she said as she pulled out her pillow and swatted him with it.

He laughed, groaning softly in protest. "Okay, not now...way too early for a pillow fight, Mione."

She smiled and placed her pillow back under her head. "Okay, I'll put it on hold."

"’Preciate it," he yawned. "Why are you up so early? You hate mornings."

Hermione smiled sadly. See? Harry gets it, why can't Victor? "I don't know actually," she said as she stifled a yawn. "Woke up to silence which I'm not use to...Victor is loud in the morning."

"Insane man," he muttered and closed his eyes. "No more talking...must go back to sleep."

She laughed as she snuggled back under the covers. "Okay, sounds good," she said as she closed her eyes, trying to relax and fall asleep. However, she felt like she was being watched so she carefully peeked one eye open to see Harry doing the same thing back at her. "Harry," she laughed as she playfully shoved him.

"Hey, watch it," he laughed as he almost fell out of the bed. “Anyone tell you how freakishly strong you are?"

"Yes, you and Ron labeled that lovely term to me ever since I punched Ron in the arm our sixth year."

He chuckled. "You made him bruise."

"Wimp," she said with a sigh. "Now let's go to sleep."

"Fine by me."

Hermione tried to fall asleep again and this time she thought he was going to behave, however she suddenly flinched when a finger poked her in the ribs. "Harry!" she hissed as she glared at him. "What is the deal, I thought you wanted to sleep?"

He chuckled. "Sorry, it's just that...I haven't tickled you in awhile and...."

"Harrryy," she said in a warning tone. "Don't even think about it."

"But...Herms, you're so fun to tickle..." He reached out and poked her rib again causing her to jump. "See? You're so ticklish its so entertaining."

"Knock it off, Harry!" she laughed as she tried to swat his hands away. "I mean it!"

"Or what, you're threats to turn me into a toad won't work now, we can't do magic," he said with a chuckle. "You're vulnerable now...."

"I'm going to kick your ass if you try it."

He grinned. "Good, hope you do...It'll be fun trying to defend it." And with that said he grabbed her wrist and rolled her on his back, pining her down like he always did when they started a tickling war. He smiled while she laughed and thrashed beneath him, desperately trying to break free of his grasp. He then decided to go for her other ticklish spot and traveled his hand down her body before squeezing her thigh just above her knee.

She busted out with laughter as her leg kicked under the sheets. "All right, that's it," she said and then suddenly sat up the first time she noticed he was off guard and rolled him on his back straddling his stomach before her fingers poked and probed at his ribcage.

"Ah, crap," he laughed as he lifted his head off the pillow trying to get a firm grip of her hands to stop. "Mione...stop...you're killing me," he chuckled while he continued to flinch under her.

"You asked for it," she laughed as her hair curtained her face while she loomed over him, tickling as best she could. She truly had never had this much fun since they left for the summer. She had tried one time to start a tickling war with Victor, but he looked at her like she was mad when she tried to poke at his sides. Unfortunately, the man wasn't ticklish. Harry however, was just as ticklish. He was giggling foolishly along with her, as the two continued to act like a couple of kids. She loved it.

"What is going on in there!" a mean disturbed voice muffled from down the hall.

Hermione immediately sat up, still straddling Harry, while he gulped and looked at the door. Hermione quickly crawled off him as soon as she heard his uncle come tearing down the hallway. They both jumped when the door flung open, revealing a highly peeved Mr. Dursley at the door. Harry watched his eyes widened when they landed on Hermione and he knew this was not going to be pretty. "Er...good morning Uncle Vernon," he said uneasily and then glanced at Hermione who was now sitting on her knees beside him blushing furiously. "You remember, Hermione."

Hermione gave him a little wave. "H-Hi."

Vernon's face turned purple as the steam started rising from his head. "Y-you boy," he stuttered angrily as he pointed at him. "I want you downstairs...NOW...and I want that foolish girl out of my house!"

He then slammed the door which made both of them jump. "Well," Harry said with a small laugh. "That went well, don't you think?"

Hermione shook her head. "I guess I should go."

"No, don't go...let me talk to him," he said firmly as he put a hand on her back. "Trust me, I have a lot of ways into persuading him to stay. I can bring up Sirius...he's terrified of him. Just don't go anywhere, yet okay?"

She hesitated before finally nodding. "Okay, I'll wait here."

"Good," he said and flung off the covers and walked to the door, but stopped to turn to her. "I won that round by the way."

"Oh, you wish!" she said and threw a pillow at him but Harry quickly closed the door behind him with a laugh before it could hit him.

6. Chapter 6

Hey guys, here’s more of Summer Bliss. I’m going to try and write more of “Hearts” today, before tonight. Going to a bachlorette party….heh heh. Anyway, I should probably have time, but I dunno for sure. But here’s more of Summer Bliss while you wait….

Chapter 6

"Just what do you think you are doing?" Uncle Vernon yelled as soon as Harry walked into the kitchen. "Do you think I would allow you to ENTERTAIN girls up in your room under my roof?!"

"It's not like that with us, she's just my friend!" Harry explained. "My girlfriend lives far away from here."

"Who would want to date you?" Dudley asked in disgust.

Harry just looked at him. "Dudley which one of us has a girl in their room?" Dudley opened his mouth to speak, but then closed it. "I rest my case.” He turned back to his uncle. Uncle Vernon, you won't even know she's here!"

"I will not allow it. She'd have to eat with us and I will not have Petunia cooking for one of your freaky friends."

"You don't have to feed us, we can eat on our own!" Harry exclaimed. "Look, if you don't want her to stay..."

"I don't..."

".... Then I'll just give Sirius a shout and let him know...maybe he can think of a solution."

"That's enough boy, I'm sick of you using your godfather to get your way!"

He shrugged. "Not my fault he's wanted for murder." He never actually thought to tell his uncle that Sirius was now claimed innocent, where would the fun in that be?

Vernon gulped. "Okay...fine.... she can stay, BUT...one mishap...and she's gone, do you hear me?"

"Fine...but one more thing," Harry said. "Hermione is a good friend of mine and although I don't mind you treating me like dirt, I'd rather dislike it if any one of you disrespected her in any way."

"Or what? Do magic...you can't do magic you'll get expelled," Mr. Dursley said.

"Now I can't...but as soon as I turned seventeen, I can do magic anytime I want." He grinned. "Oh, and have I told you that Hermione is the top witch in our class? She knows almost every spell there is." He enjoyed watching their faces turn ghostly pale. "She also, since she's going to be Head Girl next year...is ALLOWED to do magic." He knew it was a lie, but what can it hurt if they didn't know that. "Well, thanks again...see ya!"

He then grinned like a fool as he ran out of the kitchen and then up the stairs. "Hermione, you can.... oh crap sorry!" he said quickly as he covered his eyes when he saw she was wearing only some kind of bra up top with a pair of black stretchy pants.

Hermione blinked. "What's the matter?"

"You're wearing a bra!" he said as he blushed under his hands.

Hermione laughed. "Harry, it's a sports bra."

"Sport's bra?" he asked casually as he pulled his hand away to see that she had a gray tank top kind of thing on that showed off a little too much skin for his sake. "Um...what's the difference?"

"You've never seen a girl in a sports bra?" she asked amused. "Harry, women wear them to work out in. It's not bad if you see me in it, my swimsuit is more revealing than this." Hermione then reached in her bag and pulled out a black lacy bra. "This is a bra."

"Okay, now...ya see, you really didn't have to show me that," he said as he covered his eyes again. He experienced a quick vision of her in that bra and forced himself to push it out of his head.

She giggled. "Sorry. Anyway, can I stay?"

"Yeah, you can stay," he said with a smile as he tried to get use to Hermione in her sports bra and tight black pants. Man those pants really showed off her curves, he thought. "So um...where are you going?"

"For a jog...started going every morning," she said as she started to pull her long hair up into a high ponytail. "Wanna tag a long?"

"Me? Jog? For fun?" he asked.

"For exercise," she told him and laughed. "What? Afraid you can't keep up?"

He snorted a laugh. "Whatever you wish. Let me get dressed and you are on!"

"Okay....um, should I wait downstairs?"

Harry started to say no, but then thought of his conversation with his family and grinned. "Yeah, why don't you go wait downstairs for me."

She shrugged. "Okay," she said and then left Harry to get dressed and trotted down the stairs. She walked into the den to see Dudley watching TV on one of the chairs and Mrs. and Mrs. Dursley were sitting on the couch reading the paper. "Um...hello."

Everyone whipped their heads over to see Hermione and their eyes widened. "Er....hello um...Herminny is it?" Mr. Dursley asked.

"No, Hermione actually," she corrected.

"Oh, um...so sorry to mess that up," he said nervously. "Dudley, don't just stand there, let the girl sit down!"

Hermione blinked. "What? Oh no, don't get up it's okay. Harry's coming down in a minute and...."

"Harry told us you are top in your class?" Mrs. Dursley asked as causal as possible.

"Um...why yes, I am," she said as she finally understood why they were so nice to her. Harry must have really scared them to pieces so they would be nice to her. She couldn't help but smile.

"Hey," Harry said as he appeared into the room. "You ready to go?"

"Sure," she smiled. "I was just having a nice and friendly chat with your family."

He grinned. "That's very good to hear," he said and could hear their sighs of relief. "We're going for a jog....and Dudley, you might want to close your mouth, you'll catch flies."

Dudley blushed as he finally looked away from Hermione who he was staring at the moment she walked into the room. Hermione giggled as they walked out of the door. "You're so bad," she laughed.

"I know...but I had to scare them so they would treat you right. They think you're allowed to do magic too," he said with a wink.

"No wonder they were so nice to me," she laughed and then shook her head. "Come on, let's go!"

"You're gonna eat my dust, Mione!"

And together they jogged down the street of Privet Drive.

*******************

"Hermione," Harry gasped. "Slow down...can't...we walk..the rest of...the way?"

"No," she said as she kept jogging. "We're almost there...wimp."

"What was that?" he asked as he trailed behind her.

"Nothing," she said innocently over her shoulder.

Harry just smiled and then took the time to study her backside. Her long high ponytail was swinging back and forth as she jogged. His eyes couldn't help but travel down her back, which was now glistened with sweat. He then looked at the small dent on the small of her back and blinked. Instead of seeing bare skin, there was a small colorful butterfly. "Um...Herms?"

"Yeah?"

"Stop for a second," he said as he grabbed her arm, but kept his eyes trained on the butterfly.

"What?" she asked as she jogged in place.

"Hold still," he said as he pulled her back around when she tried to face him. "Did you get...a tattoo?"

She smiled. "Yeah, a couple of weeks ago," she said as she looked over her shoulder. "You like it?"

Harry gently ran his finger over it as he studied it intensely. "Um...yeah it's..."

Hermione couldn't help but shiver when he felt his finger travel over her skin. "It's what?" she said and tried not to gasp when the tip of his finger slipped beneath her waistband as he continued to stroke it.

"It's...well...pretty sexy," he admitted finally.

She turned completely around as if she could see it before looking up at him. "Really?"

"Yeah," he breathed as he nodded. "I've always thought they were tacky but..." He turned her around again to look at it. "Dang, that's incredibly sexy."

Hermione couldn't help but blush. "That's good to know I guess."

He smiled at her. "Where'd my friend go?"

"Huh?"

"My Herms. Who constantly had her nose in a book...the sweet and quiet one."

"She's still here...but she also found her wild side."

His brows rose. "Wild huh? Gosh...when did my best friend turn sexy?"

Hermione laughed as she playfully pushed him. "Shut up," she said. "Come on, you're house is just around the corner."

Harry groaned tiredly as he started to jog. His eyes lit up when his house came to view. "I didn't think there'd ever be a time in my life where I'd be actually excited to see Number Four Privet Drive."

"You're pitiful," she chuckled.

"That's what you think...Race ya!"

”Hey, not fair!" she exclaimed when he dashed by her. She caught up with him and shoved him with her shoulders.

Harry nudged her back as they giggled and laughed until finally they made it to the lawn, before Harry grabbed her waist and playfully tugged her onto the grass with him. The collapsed on the grass together, before Harry rolled her on her back, pinning her down with his body and hands, which had her wrists locked down above her head. "Beat ja," he said out of breath.

Hermione struggled against his grip. "You wish."

Harry bit his lip. He really wished she wouldn't wiggle beneath him so much. He also tried not to notice the feel of her bares stomach pressed against his flat one. During the run, Harry had tugged of his shirt due to the heat. Now, he was regretting that he did, but at the same time enjoying this new feel. "Mione...stay still will ya?"

"Why?" she hissed as she kept struggling.

"Don't you know what that does to a guy?"

Hermione froze immediately and looked up at Harry's cocky grin. She felt a huge lump forming at the back of her throat and she swallowed hard. "Well, why don't you let me up then?" she finally managed to say. "It will solve both our problems."

"If you say so," he muttered as he lifted his weight off her and held out his hand.

She sighed as she took it. A part of her was tempted to pull him back on top of her, but managed to resist. She got to her feet and the both of them wiped the grass off of them and Harry pulled his shirt back over his head just when a white explorer pulled up to the house. The back door flung opened and Janice stepped out, smiling brightly at Harry. "Hey Harry," she said after she waved her parents off.

"Janice, hi!" Harry said with a smile. "You coming to visit Dudley?"

"Unfortunately," she muttered and then stopped when she saw Hermione. "Oh...is this your girlfriend?"

""Well, she's a girl...who's my friend," Harry said with a slight smile. "So in a way yes she is."

Hermione laughed and held out her hand. "I'm one of his good friends from school. My name's Hermione, it's nice to meet you Janice."

"You too," she smiled politely. "Did you just come from a jog or something?"

"Yes, both of us," Harry said still out of breath. "The girl nearly killed me."

"He's such a wimp," she said which received a playfully shove from Harry.

"Janice, you're here!"

All three of them turned to see Dudley's large form come flying out the door. He didn't give Harry a second thought as he shoved him out of the way, knocking himself into Hermione. "You okay?" Harry asked her when she rubbed her arm.

"Yeah," she muttered as she sent death rays at Dudley.

"Dudley, be careful you hurt Harry and Hermione," Janice said.

"Oh," he said and turned around planning to insult them but when he saw Hermione looking evilly at him he paled. "S..sorry," he managed to say.

"Gee, Dudley...hope you didn't hurt yourself saying those words," Harry said sarcastically and then grabbed Hermione's hand. "Let's go Herm...see ya around Janice."

"Bye," she mumbled as her spirits dropped. She wished she could go hang out with them, but instead she was stuck with Dudley.

Hermione gave her a sympathetic smile before turning away and following Harry into the house. "So, what are we going to do today?"

"A whole lot of nothing," he said as they made their way up the stairs.

"Sounds perfect...as long as we do nothing together."

Together they stepped into his room and closed the door behind them.

7. Chapter 7

Hey guys, its 2:30 in the morning and I just got back from the bachlorette party and I’m a wee bit tipsy…hehe. We went to Coyote Ugly(Yes, just like the movie) And I…Harrys Mistress got on the bar and danced! Not only that, I agreed to take off my bra by a Coyote Ugly bartender and she wore it over her shirt all nigh. I took of my bray in front of the whole bar…jeez, what was wrong with me?! I was drunk. Hehe. But I had a ball. ANYway, here’s more of Summer Bliss. LOVE YOU!!

Chapter 7

The next couple of days Harry and Hermione got into the swing of things, enjoying their lazy days together. They would spend the days watching movies in Harry's room, snuggled up together on the bed, or sometimes they would go on walks on pretty days and play on the playground like they were six, instead of sixteen. Almost seventeen. The Dursleys allowed them to join them for meals, which most of the time, wasn't great. Harry admired Hermione for always trying to hide the fact that the food was actually terrible. When Mrs. Dursley asked how it was, she would force a smile and tell her it was delicious.

The Dursley's treated her like a queen and he couldn't have been more pleased. They treated him okay, but not as good as Hermione. At first he could tell it was forced, but now Harry noticed that his Aunt actually started to enjoy her company. Maybe having another female around was pleasing for her. He had overheard her one time talking to his uncle, telling him she wanted another child, hopefully another daughter. But his Vernon refused. It was the first and only time he had ever felt sorry for his Aunt Petunia.

After dinner, they would usually head up to his room and get ready for bed. Harry decided it would be best if he made a pallet on the floor and Hermione sleep in his bed, just in case he had another surprise visit from Cho. He was always tempted to leave his hard uncomfortable bed, to join the warm soft bed Hermione occupied. But he managed to resist.

Harry had also introduced Hermione to the world of Playstation 2. She was terrible at it, but still loved to play. "Finally, I found something I'm better at than you," he chuckled when her racecar crashed into a tree.

"Ugh, I can't get the hang of this," she said as she threw down her controller. "Let's play that football game you have, I'm actually good at that."

"No, way...I don't want to humiliate myself again," he said with a chuckle. "Try again."

"Fine. I hate you by the way for getting me hooked on this."

"No you don't," he said with a slight smile.

She sighed. "No, I don't," she admitted. "I just wish I could actually drive this thing without rearing off the road."

Harry looked at her with a grin. She was concentrating intently on the screen, her tongue sticking out the corner of her mouth as she moved the control along with her movements, as if she was actually turning a steering wheel. "Here...put it on pause a minute," he said as he scooted closer to her. "I'll help you."

"It's a loss cause Harry."

"Don't say that, the Hermione I know never gives up," he said and then motioned her to scoot up while he slid behind her between her and the bed. He wrapped his arms around her, causing her to lean back against him. He tried so hard not to notice how wonderful it felt to have her in his arms. He placed his large hands on top of hers on the controller. "You're turning to sharply," he told her gently as he put the game off pause. "Don't be so violent with it, it's sensitive you barely have to touch it when you want to turn."

Hermione nodded, trying to concentrate on the game, but the feel of Harry's warm breath against her ear and his hands over hers was quite a distraction. She kept staring at the screen as Harry guided her movements, surprising her that her car hasn't managed to crash yet. "I'm getting the hang of it."

"You're doing great," he said as he slowly began to let up on his hands until she was actually doing it all by herself. "Watch out for the motorcyclist."

"Ahh!" she shrieked out a laugh when she managed to avoid him by inches. "I made the check point!" she said not even realizing that Harry completely slid his hands off hers.

"Keep going, Mione," he said with a soft smile. She did a lot better, making 3 checkpoints before her time finally ran out of time. "Good job!"

"I did it!" she exclaimed as she turned her head around not knowing how close he was. She smiled softly when their noses bumped. "Thanks Harry!"

"You're welcome," he said as he reached up and tapped the tip of her nose with his finger. "You're a natural...still not as good as me though."

She smiled brightly at him and he smiled back as they continued to look at each other. Slowly their smiles faded and their eyes searched...for what they didn't know. But they continued to look at each other not knowing what to say or do. "Mione," Harry finally said as he reached up to push back strands of her hair out of her face.

Her eyes flickered to his mouth for only a second. "Harry I...."

"Am I interrupting anything?" a familiar voice from behind them said.

They both pulled a part and turned around to see their best friend standing in the middle of his room, with a slight smile on his face. "Ron!" Hermione exclaimed as she got up off the floor and ran over to hug her friend. "It's so good to see you!"

He grinned as he hugged her. "You too, didn't know I'd find you here, I thought you were with Krum Dumb."

She rolled her eyes and slapped him against the back of his head. "I came to visit Harry."

"So I see," he said as he looked over at Harry who now was standing up. "Hello there, Harry."

He smiled. "Hi Ron, thanks for Apparating by."

He grinned. "I am getting a hang of this Apparating stuff," he said with a wink.

"I'm glad you came," Hermione said and then looked at him gently. "How you holding up?"

Ron didn't have to ask to know that Hermione was talking about his break up with Lavender. It took him awhile to get over it, he still was getting over it, but overall he knew it was the best thing for both of them. They just didn't have the connection they both thought they had. "I'm holding up great, Herms."

"Come join us," Harry finally said. "I'm teaching her how to play Playstation."

"What's Playstation?" Ron asked confused.

Hermione laughed. "We'll show ya...how bout a game of Cruise Control...I'm an expert now thanks to Harry." She then turned to him with a smile and gave him a wink.

Harry forced a smile as he felt the butterflies in his stomach. He couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if Ron didn't show up.

"Can't I have a turn now?" Hermione pouted.

"In a minute," Ron said as his eyes stayed glued to the screen. "I'm determined to beat Harry."

"Roooon, you've been playing forever," she complained.

"After this game."

"You said that LAST game," she reminded him.

"This time I mean it," he said quickly as he cursed Harry for passing him.

""Fine, I play winner," she said with a roll of her eyes. "I'm going to go get some water."

"Oh that be great, Herms. Bring me up a glass?" Ron asked never looking at her.

Hermione's eyes narrowed. "Fine...Harry?"

"No thanks, I'm cool," he said distracted.

"Wizards," she muttered as she turned her heels to go.

When the doors closed Ron and Harry rolled their eyes. "Witches."

The Dursley's were gone for the day, something about playing golf with a customer. They made Dudley tag along, so the house was empty. She walked into the kitchen and flipped on the lights before heading for the cabinets. She was filling the glasses with ice when she sensed someone behind her so she turned around.

"Hey Hermione!"

Hermione smiled brightly. "Janice, hey! What are you doing here!"

”Just thought I'd stop by to say hey! I new the Dursley's would be gone, they are playing golf with my parents."

"They didn't make you go?" she asked as she turned back around to get the glasses, walking to the sink.

"No, I played sick," she said with a wink.

She laughed. "Smart thinking," she said as she filled up the glasses. "How'd you get here?'

Silence. "Ummm....I er...walked....we don't live pretty far."

"I see," she said as she turned around with both glasses in her hand and then studied her. "You look different."

"Oh...I got my braces off."

"That's what it is...Looks like they did a good job on them." She was a cute girl, she thought. With a few touch ups she could be really pretty. Hermione herself was never into that stuff, but it didn't mean she didn't know how to do it. She knew plenty well how to pretty herself up. Everyone who was present to all the Balls at Hogwarts knew that.

"I'm not really use to them yet," she said as she reached up to touch her bare teeth.

"Well, come on...our friend Ron is here. They are up in Harry's room playing PS2."

"What is it with boys and video games?" Janice asked.

"I don't know...but I'll admit, Harry got me hooked.

"How long have you known Harry?" she asked as they began to ascend their way up the stairs.

"Since I was eleven. The three of us have been close friends since our first year at Ho...er..school."

"It must be nice to have friends like that."

Hermione turned to her in the hallway. "You don't have any friends at school?"

"Not really," she shrugged. "I'm kind of a bookworm at my school. I don't fit in."

"That's okay, I’m a total bookworm at mine. Ron and Harry tease me about it, especially Ron, but it's all in fun. I know they care about me."

"You and Harry have been so nice to me, I really appreciate it."

"It's no trouble at all," she said sweetly. "Harry likes you a lot. He thinks you're real nice."

"Really?" she blushed.

"Yeah," she said with a laugh. "Come on, I'll introduce you to Ron." She then pushed the door open with her foot since her hands were full. "Hey, Harry look who's here."

Harry paused the game. "Janice, hey!"

"Hey...but please, call me Janey...it's my nickname, my parents only call me Janice...and Dudley," she added with a roll of her eyes."

He laughed. "OKay...Janey, this is our good friend Ron."

Ron looked up giving her a slight nod and a smile. "Hey Janey...you friends with Dudley?"

"Yeah, by force, let me assure you," she said with a slight smile. She couldn't help but notice how cute their little red haired friend was.

"Why by force?" he asked.

"Long story," she said as she waved a hand at him. "So...who's winning?"

"I am!" Harry beamed.

"Oh sodd off," Ron muttered. "Un-pause it so I can beat you!"

"You wish!"

"Remember, I play winner," Hermione said she placed the glass of water next to Ron before sitting on the bed, next to Harry's shoulder; who was still sitting on the floor with his back against the side of the bed

Janey had no choice, but to sit on the other side of Ron, and when she sat down the bed shifted, causing his shoulder to touch her thigh. She blushed and expected him to flinch and tear it away to break contact, but instead he looked up at her with a quick smile before returning his attention to the game. She couldn't help but smile, she had been waiting her whole life to have friends, and now she finally found three amazing people who excepted who she truly was.

8. Chapter 8

Hey guys. I’m going to go ahead and say that this is a really short chapter, but don’t worry, the next one will be really long. I’ll probably post the next chapter tomorrow morning, so you won’t have to wait long. But just letting you know right now this is just a short snippet, almost an extension of the previous chapter.

Also, just have to say one thing and defend myself. Someone told me on the reviews that they weren’t going to finish reading this because it’s too Americanize, so I wanted to say I’m sorry for that. I am an American, I can’t help it. And maybe those of you who don’t live in America knew this, but even the real Harry Potter books are Americanize so we can understand them. So, that’s all I wanted to say.

Chapter 8

Harry won the first round, then Hermione and Harry went a round and surprisingly Hermione won, only because a motorcycle trashed Harry's car right before the finish line. "I won! Wahoo!" Hermione cheered as she held up her hands in victory.

"That was so unfair, I want a rematch," Harry pouted as he tried to grab Hermione's controller.

"No, no.fair is fair," she taunted as she held out her controller out of his reach. "Janey's next."

"Fine," he sighed as he sat up and changed places with Janey.

"You totally got beat by a girl," Ron snickered who was sitting next to him on the bed.

Harry replied by slugging him on the arm and then continued to watch the girls' game. They talked and played for a good hour or so, swapping turns and playing a different game once one got bored. Janey couldn't help but look at Ron every chance she got. He was so adorably sweet, not to mention he looked pretty cute as well. At her school, none of the boys gave her a second look, Ron however laughed and smiled at her...he made her a part of the group and never singled her out. None of them did.

After getting tired of video games, they all decided to pop in a video to watch. Just when the movie was about to start however, the sound of the front door opening made them all jump up. "Oh crap, what time is it?!" Janey asked frantically.

"Close to five," Ron said.

"Oh no, I should have left by now, my parents are gonna know I faked it!" she said and started for the door. "I have to..."

"Harry!" a voice bellowed from downstairs.

It was his uncle and soon after they heard him coming out the stairs. "Oh no! What do I do?"

Harry looked around his room and then walked over to the closet grabbing her hand. "Here, in the closet...you too Ron."

"Me?? Why me?" he asked when Harry tugged him into the back of his small closet.

"Because my uncle barely let me have Hermione stay here and if he catches me, he might send her away...now quiet!" He turned to Janey and gently helped her into the closet with Ron, before finally closing the door.

Ron sucked in a breath as his back was flat up against the wall. Harry's shirts that were hung, were all up in his face and to make matters worse, Janey was practically glued to his body. Who was this girl and where exactly did she come from? He wasn't attracted to her, at least he didn't think so. She was a sweet girl, but he didn't have any feelings for her the way he did for Lavender. She did have a pretty smile though....and he now knew that she actually had a body underneath her baggy clothes she wore. From the feel of it against him, he could tell it was a very nice looking body as well. Oh bloody hell, this is not the time, he thought as he closed his eyes and rested the back of his head.

"Ron, are you...."

He didn't let her finish, he immediately placed a hand over her mouth and pulled her tighter against him when Harry's door flew open. "What is going on here?" his voice bellowed.

"Nothing, Uncle Vernon," the heard Harry's voice say.

"I heard a ruckus!" he said. "What were you doing?"

"Er...wrestling!" Hermione finally said.

"Wrestling?"

"Yeah, wrestling...just a game we play," Harry said innocently. "We'll try to keep it down."

"You better...."

Janey stopped listening after that, he could hear him still yelling, but didn’t' pay attention. She had never been this close to a boy before...ever. She was pressed up against Ron's VERY hard body, with one hand over her mouth, and the other against the small of her back. A part of her wanted Harry's uncle to quickly wrap it up and get out, and the other part wanted this moment to last as long as it could.

Finally, the door slammed and moments later the closet door swung open. Ron immediately removed his hand from his mouth, and placed both hands on her hips before slowly turning her to walk out of the closet. Ron stepped out after her, his body still tingling from the places her body touched. "That was uneventful," he muttered.

"Sorry guys, hope it wasn't to bad for ya," Harry said.

"I need to go home right away, before my parents get back."

"Don't worry, we'll distract them while you slip out," Harry said and then turned to Ron. "Er...Ron, you just wait here and we'll let you slip out after."

"Right," he said with a nod knowing he meant to apparate back to the Burrow once they left. "I'll just wait. Um...it was nice meeting you, Janey."

She blushed a little. "You too, Ron."

Ron stuffed his hands in his pockets when he watched his friends leave. He found himself hoping that that wasn't he last time he'd see sweet and shy Miss Janey.

9. Chapter 9

Chapter 9

It was a hot summer day. Hot was probably not the word to use to describe it...more like scorching hot. To make matters even worse, the AC at the Dursley’s house had broken down and Mr. Dursley couldn't find anyone to fix it until the upcoming Monday, which was three long days away. Harry and Hermione were both laying on his bed, careful not to touch each other because they were both so hot and sweaty, even the tiniest hint of body warmth made it ten times hotter. The window was up, which didn't help much considering there wasn't even the slightest breeze. Hedwig had left to fly up north, because it was too hot for him, so Harry let her go. No sense at making everyone miserable.

"I think I just shed about ten pounds just sitting here sweating," Hermione said and then reached over Harry to grab her water.

"Hey...don't touch me," Harry grumbled when she loomed over him.

"Calm down," she said and then chugged down her ice cold water and then grabbed a piece of ice before setting her drink back down.

Harry tried not to stare when Hermione started to rub the ice across the back of her neck and then over her shoulder and across her upper chest. Harry bit back a groan as he made himself turn away from the pleasing sight of her and closed his eyes as he tried to think of something else. His eyes then flew open and yelped when he felt something cold on his neck. "Jeez, Mione that's cold!"

"Well, excuse me for trying to be nice," she snapped as she pulled the ice away. "You looked like you could need it."

"I can rub my own ice on my own body thank you," he muttered as he took the ice from her hand.

"Fine...why the hell are you so grumpy?" she asked angrily.

"Because I'm hotter than Hades, that's why," he said as he ran the ice over him as he sat up. And sexually frustrated, he added quietly to himself. And this close to snapping and kissing you like a mad man.

"Well, so am I but I'm not taking it out on you!" she fumed.

He sighed as he threw the ice in the near by trashcan. "Look...just leave me alone I'm in a bad mood."

"No kidding...and fine I'll do that. You know, maybe I should just go back to Victor."

She then started to crawl over Harry to get out of his bed, but Harry grabbed her wrist to stop her. "No," he said firmly and accidentally tugged her a little too hard because she fell right on top of him. Her bare stomach, which was exposed from the sports bra she wore, was touching his flat bare stomach. The heat from their bodies almost felt like fire, but neither of them moved away. "Don't go," Harry finally said as he let go of her wrist and pushed back the curtain of her hair that fell in her face. "I'm sorry Mione...just don't go back to him."

"Why shouldn't I?" she asked, her voice cracking with emotion. "I'm obviously cramping your style here..."

"No, how could you say that, Mione,' he said as he cupped her face with both hands. "You are my rock. I can't survive this summer without you. I'm a jerk, I'm sorry for that...for what I said. Just...don't leave me."

Hermione sighed in defeat. She could never turn down those pleading green eyes...never. He has such power over her and he doesn't even know it. "Okay...I'll stay."

Harry smiled in appreciation as he pulled her head down and tucked it under his chin and wrapped his arms around her. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," she said as she rested her chin against his damp skin. She then realized how intimate this position was...how sexy. They were both drenched with sweat...on top of each other and breathing heavily. It was almost as if they had just...she blushed before she could even finish her thought. With that thought she started to get up, but Harry tightened his grip. "You're probably really hot with me on top of you."

"I'll still be hot if you get off, doesn't really matter," he said as he closed his eyes feeling himself getting tired.

"What if Cho apparates?" she asked, thinking of excuses for them to separate.

"She won't...she's working and it's way past her lunch break," he explained and began stroking her hair with his fingers, pulling it aside so that her neck would be exposed. "I'm up for a nap."

"Mmm, I'm too hot to fall asleep," she said as she closed her eyes feeling tired as well.

"Well here," he said as he reached over and fished out some ice in his cup. "Relax, this will help." He placed the cold dripping ice cube on her shoulder, moving it across her skin in small circles. "Feel better?"

She nodded. "Yeah...much." She sighed in content as she felt him move the ice over her shoulder blades, then down her narrow back. Her mind was screaming, Stop this! You can't be doing this with Harry...you're best friend! But her heart was saying the complete opposite. This is what you've always wanted, isn't it? You've always wanted to know what it be like to kiss Harry...to be intimate with Harry. She argued for awhile, but her heart was winning. Her mother always told her when in doubt, always trust your heart.

Harry swallowed hard at the lump in his throat when he moved the ice lower, running it across her tattoo butterfly. For the love of Merlin, what the hell was he doing?! This was Hermione...he shouldn't be doing this...not when he was just getting more turned on by the minute. And the way Hermione was sighing and nuzzling her face against his chest, made him realize he wasn't the only one enjoying this. Cho...what about Cho? shit, I've never done anything this crazy and exciting with my own girlfriend! Then...he froze. Did Hermione just...move? No..of course not, she probably was just shifting on top of him to get comfortable. However, she did it again and this time she nuzzled her face in his neck, making it clear to him that she wasn't just readjusting herself. He immediately dropped the ice and gripped her hips to keep her still, completely stunned on what to do. Oh, he knew what he wanted to do, but he was hoping that his last rational thought in his head would soon take over. It never did. "Hermione?" he finally said.

"Harry?" she murmured as she buried her face against the crook of his neck.

"What...what are we doing?" he asked as he felt his fingers flex against her lower back.

"I have no idea," she said and then boldly kissed the soft spot below his ear.

Harry sucked in a breath, biting his lip to hold it in. "Merlin...this is insane."

"Crazy," she breathed as she opened her mouth and nipped him playfully. Where did this daring part of her come from? She certainly was never this way with Victor. It was like a whole new side of her had been dying to come out and play.

Harry opened his mouth to make a noise...or say something but nothing came out of him. He was in a complete state of shock...not knowing what to say...only what to do. He finally rolled her over on her back, looming over her as he pinned her down with his body. His face was inches away from her, strands of his hair fell forward, but Hermione immediately pushed it back gently with her fingers. His head bent down as if he was about to kiss her, but pulled back shyly only to nuzzle her lips with his briefly, before he finally buried his face in her neck.

Hermione's eyes fluttered closed when she felt his warm breath on her neck. She immediately let her fingers dive into his hair, clutching it tightly when he finally kissed her skin. He didn't stop there. Kisses rained all along her neck making her feel restless and content all at once. How this happened she would never know. One minute they were fighting and the next...they were stroking...petting and kissing. He hadn't kissed her yet though on the mouth and she was dying for him to. She then cupped his face and pulled him away from her neck, lifting his heavy head until he was looking down at her. Their noses bumped and their breaths merged together, with their lips only inches away. "Harry?"

"Hermione?"

"Do you want to kiss me right now?" she asked.

"Desperately," he breathed.

"What's stopping you?"

"A lot of things," he said honestly. "But my self control is about to fly out the window if you keep doing that with your hips."

She blushed. "Sorry...habit."

"Don't be." He sighed as he rested his forehead against hers. "Mione...I'm scared. I'm scared if I kiss you...it'll change everything."

"It will change everything...would that be so bad?" she asked as she placed a hand on his rough cheek.

He closed his eyes as he leaned into her warmth. "I don't know. Mione, I have a girlfriend right now...I'd be a cheater if I continued this."

She smiled softly. "You are a good man, Harry. But do you love her?"

"I thought I did...I really did...but now I don't know. If I loved her, would I be feeling these things towards you?"

"If you truly loved her...you wouldn't," she answered for him. "Which is why I never truly loved Victor."

His eyes softened. "He was never right for you, Mione."

"I know...I have to tell him sometime...I can't hide from him forever." She smiled up at him. "What are you going to do about Cho?"

He sighed as he rested his head on her chest. "I don't know...I just don't know."

"Just do what you feel is right in your heart, Harry," she said as she began to run her fingers through his hair. "That's the best advice I could give you." His response was only a nod and after a few moments of lying there, Hermione finally kissed the top of his head and then leaned up.

Harry immediately rolled off of her in confusion as she got up from the bed. "What are you doing?" he asked when he pulled her trunk from his closet.

"I'm packing," she said and turned to him. "I think it's wise for me to go."

"What?" he asked panicked. "Hermione..no please don't."

"You have too much to think about Harry," she said as she started to fold her clothes back into her trunk. "It's best that I'm not here to cloud your judgment."

Harry tried to argue with her, but in the end he knew she was right. If he wanted to make the right decision, he'd have to be in a place where Hermione isn't a distraction. He didn't want her to go...but he knew this was the best...for a while at least. "Are you going home?"

She nodded as she closed her trunk and then summoned it to her house. Harry Ron and Hermione were allowed to learn how to apparate a year later. Dumbledore thought it best, since they were Voldemort’s main targets. "I'll owl you in a few days."

He stood up from the bed, only wearing his orange swim trunk because of the heat. "I'm sorry this happened."

"Are you really?"

He sighed. "No, but I am sorry to see you leave."

"I have to...just for awhile."

"I know," he agreed. "I'll miss you though."

"Me too," she said and gave him a smile and was about to apparate but Harry stopped her.

"Hermione wait," he said quickly taking a step closer to her.

"What is it?"

"Um...I...I just wanted to...." He let out a shaky breath. "Oh the hell with it," he said and then finally filled the gap between them with two steps and cupped her face with his hands before his lips swooped down on hers.

Hermione closed her eyes and her brows raised as Harry's lips were pressed hard against hers. Was this really happening? Was Harry really kissing her or was it another one of her dreams? IF it was just a dream, she hoped she never woke up. She finally lifted her hands to cradle his face, as her body began to relax. Harry's mouth turned soft and he took a step closer as he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer.

Wow. That was the only thought he could comprehend at the moment. Wow. His past kisses have always been good...but never had he experienced anything like this before. It was as if something had been bottling up inside him at the pit of his stomach bursting to come out. Her lips were so soft and inviting, that he couldn't help but pry her lips with his tongue, plunging deep into her mouth. One taste wasn't enough, so he kissed her deeply again...and again, until he was blinded with desire.

Hermione's mind was spinning, her heart was bursting and her whole body was humming at the feel of his body pressed up against hers like a second skin. Her fingers dove into his unruly hair as she arched against him while he continued to kiss her senseless. She felt him start to push her back towards the bed, so she took small stumbling steps backwards with their lips still locked. Together, they fell onto his bed as they began to speed up the kiss even more. The passion between them was so raw and intense that both of them were loosing control. They both needed more...no matter how many times they kissed, or how many times they stroked it was never enough.

"Hermione," he sighed between kisses. "I can't get enough."

"Harry," she croaked as her back arched off the bed while Harry had his face buried against her neck.

"Guys...hey guys wake up..."

They pulled apart. "What was that?" Hermione asked. "Did you hear something?"

"No. Nothing," he lied and then kissed her again.

"Hermione! Harry!"

Suddenly, they pulled away from each other....

"Guys..c.ome ON..wake up, it's me..."

Harry blinked as his room started to come into focus. He felt someone pressed up against him, which was probably Hermione. Who was there and why the hell did they interrupt us? he thought as he rubbed his eyes groggily. Wait a second? Why am I tired? I sure as hell wasn't sleeping...was I?

"Ron?" Hermione said as she sat up away from Harry. "What...what are you doing here?" she asked blushing.

Harry suddenly sat up and looked around the room frantically, then looked over to see a confused Hermione. What was going on? They were in the middle of a make-out session, than Ron was there? No..it couldn't have been. It wasn't a dream...it was way too real!

"I apparated just a second ago to see you guys sleeping on the bed, you two must have dozed off," Ron said as looked at both of them. "You were both sleeping hard too, it took me forever for you to wake up. I almost thought something was worried."

So none of it happen? Hermione thought frantically. The ice he ran over her body? No, no…she remembered that clearly. That was real. Did they doze off during that? The steamy kiss they shared? That was all just a dream? It couldn't have been! She then glanced over at Harry who seemed to be sporting the same confused space. Did he have the same dream?

"What were you guys dreaming about anyway?" Ron asked.

"What?" they both said quickly as the looked up at Ron.

He chuckled. "By the look of the smiles you had on your faces and your cheeks turning red now, I'm guessing it was a good dream."

Harry and Hermione exchanged uneasy looks, before they both flushed with embarrassment and quickly looked away. It was only a dream.

Oh, I’m going to get so much crap for this, LOL. I totally forgot about this part, considering I wrote this a year ago. Well, come on with it, I can take the yelling and cursing. Take your best shot!

10. Chapter 10

Wow guys, that wasn’t so bad. You guys are super sweet, hehe. Okay, here’s another long chapter for you! It’s a good one!

Chapter 10

Harry cleared her throat. "Um...so what are you doing here, Ron?" Harry asked hoping to change the subject.

"Besides dying of a heatstroke?" he asked as he brushed the sweat off his forehead with his arm. "It's just as hot here as it is at the Burrow."

"Yeah...the a/c is broken here," Harry told him. "That's why."

"A/C? What's that?" he asked confused.

"It's...kind of like a freezing spell for Muggles," Harry explained the best way he knew how.

"Well, some spell since it's not too reliable."

"Harry, is that your phone?" Hermione asked when she heard a cell phone go off.

Harry opened his ears and heard his familiar ring. "Yeah, it is," he said as he got up from the bed and grabbed his shorts he had on earlier, fishing out his cell in one of the pockets. "Hello?"

"Harry, hey."

"Janey, how's it going?" he said with a smile. Before Janey had left them the last time, Harry slipped her his cell phone number, to use it if she needed an escape or just wanted to talk.

"Burning up, how are you and Hermione handling the heat?"

"Not good. Our AC is out," he said as he sat down next to Hermione.

"Ouch...well, I have a solution if you'd like to take it. My parents are out of town for the next few days and I have a pool."

"Seriously?" he asked suddenly. "You have a pool?"

"She does?" Ron said. "Oh, I'd love to just dive straight in...head first!"

"Was that Ron I just heard?" Janey asked shyly, turning red even though they couldn't see her.

"Yeah...he just er...popped in."

"Well, bring him along too...that is if you'd like to come by."

"Are you kidding? Of course we would, just give me the directions."

"I'm gonna go get my swimming trunks," Ron said quietly to Hermione while Harry was still on the phone.

Hermione nodded and watched him Disparate before she herself got up from the bed to head over to the chest of drawers. Harry had given her the last two bottom drawers so she wouldn't have to live out of a suitcase. Harry hung up as soon as she found her scarlet colored bikini. "I'm going to change in the bathroom," she said quickly to Harry.

"Um...sure okay," he said still sensing the awkwardness between them. He watched her leave the room and then sighed. Why was it so awkward? It wasn't as if they had the same dream? Did they? It was so real he still had a hard time believing it was just a dream. He shook his head to clear his thought, he didn't want to think about it anymore. The sooner he got dressed into his trunks, the sooner he'd be swimming in Janey's pool.

Harry was tugging his orange trunks over his hips just as Ron Apparated back into his room with a smile on his face. He had on a pair of purple trunks and a white tank top on along with some black rubber flip-flops and a grin on his face. "I'm ready!"

"Me too," he said as he grabbed a thin white T-shirt before tugging it over his chest. "We're just waiting on Hermione."

Moments later she finally stepped back inside and Harry couldn't help but notice how adorable she looked. She had on a pair of jean shorts, along with a white spaghetti strap tank top over her bikini. The straps of her bikini were the only things showing, which were tied up in a bow just at the nape of her neck. Her hair was up in a high ponytail and she had on a pair of pink flip-flops which showed over her polished toenails.


"Wow, you look cute, Mione," Ron said with a grin.

She blushed. "Thanks...you guys ready to go?"

"Yeah...she told me directions, we can just Apparate near the front gate."

"Um...front gate?" Ron asked.

"Yeah...we're suppose to tell the guard we're friends of hers." He shrugged. "I guess she's wealthy."

Ron felt his heart drop. "Oh....okay then." Over the last few days he had thought a lot about Janey, for a reason he didn't understand. It wasn't as if he was attracted to her...was he? She wasn't his type at all, but...then why couldn't he stop thinking about her. The fact that she had money was somewhat of a disappointment, considering his family definitely were not swimming in dough.

"You guys hold my hand since I know where I'm going," Harry said as he held them out.

Hermione took one, still avoiding eye contact and Ron took the other. Next thing they both knew they were standing in front of an iron fence, which blocked their view of her house thanks to the huge shrub wall that was placed just behind it. "This must be it....the gate's down this way," he said as they followed the fence until the finally reached the front gate.

"May I help you?" a big burly man with muscles asked them.

"Um...we're friends of Janice's," Harry told him, slightly intimidated by the size of them.

Then all of the sudden he smiled and turned into a completely different person. "Sure! She was telling me she was expecting friends. Please, come in!"

The gate flew open and the three slowly walked into the gate, their jaws gaped open as they walked up the pebbled driveway. Flowers of all kinds of different colors decorated the lawn, green bushes and trees were scattered, along with fountains and statues. The house itself was huge, which almost resembled a miniature version of Hogwarts. They headed around the back, as Janey told him too until they heard the sound of running water and music.

They walked along a narrow brick path, lined with bushes until they came to another gate that they could manually open by themselves since no one was standing guard. Harry held the gate open for Hermione and Ron before bringing up the tail. The rounded the corner until they finally saw the pool and they both froze in their tracks.

The pool was unbelievably huge. It was in the shape of an L and at one end of the L was an attached hot tub that had a small waterfall spilling into the pool. In the corner of the pool was a different formation of rocks, which also had a waterfall as well. Finally, at the other end were a slide and a diving board. "I can't believe this," Harry said in shock.

"I've died and gone to heaven," Ron said as he blinked before rubbing his eyes thinking he was seeing things.

"Guys! Guys over here!"

They turned to Janey's voice to see her lying on a cushioned lounge soaking up the sun in her baby blue string bikini. She had a pair of sunglasses on and her hair was pulled up and by the looks of it, she already took a dip since her hair was damp. Ron could only stare at her when they made their way towards her. She looked like...a...a completely different person. He could see that his accusations were right that day in the closet. She really did have an exceptional body hidden under all her clothes.

"I'm so glad you guys can make it!" she said as she got up to greet them.

"Thanks for inviting us!" Hermione said nicely. "This place is amazing...we had no idea you're family was...well...um..."

"Filthy rich?" she asked with a slight smile.

"Yeah, that's a good word," Harry agreed as he looked around.

"I don't like to tell people I'm rich right away," she told them. "I know I'd have more friends, but it would be for the wrong reasons. You guys made me a friend right away, no questions asked, so I knew that my money means nothing." She then looked shyly at Ron. "Good to see you again, Ron."

He felt himself turn red. "Er...you too," he said with a smile. "The pool was great."

"Please hop in...the water's great," she said. "I have three lawn chairs here ready for you guys. Can I call for Grady and get you guys a drink?"

"Grady?" Harry asked after he had pulled his shirt off before tossing it on his lawn chair.

"Our butler...real sweet man."

"Sure...whatever you're having is fine," Hermione said.

"Okay, three Dr. Peppers coming right up."

"This is bloody brilliant," Ron said as he kicked off his flip-flops."

"No kidding," Harry agreed.

"I call first dibs on the slide!" Ron said suddenly as he ran towards it.

"Aww no fair!" Harry called out as he ran after him.

Hermione laughed softly and quickly chose the time when they were occupied with the slide, to take off her shirt and shorts. She heard them whoop and yell followed by splashes as she threw off her shirt and tugged off her shorts. She was hoping she'd get in the water before either of them noticed but when she turned around Harry and Ron were standing waist deep soaked to the bone. "Hermione come on...."

Harry didn't get the rest of the sentence out and Ron looked over at her and his job dropped. "Hermione, what are you wearing??" Ron asked in shock.

She looked down at herself. "It's a bikini, what do you think it is?"

"Floss?" Harry suggested as he continued to stare. She looked incredible in that thing and...and...what the hell was she doing wearing something that skimpy!

She scowled at Harry. "Honestly...if you guys are disgusted by how I look, you can just close your eyes." And with that she dove straight into the pool disappearing under the cool water.

"Disgusted? I don't think so," Harry muttered.

"Harry, when did our best friend get...hot?" Ron asked confused as he scratched his head.

"I have no idea, I've been pondering that myself for awhile now," he said to him quietly.

"You have?" he asked shocked.

"Just wait until you see her butterfly tattoo on the small of her back," Harry said grimly.

"Bloody hell," Ron said as he looked back at Hermione who was swimming casually in the deep end. "Do you realize how many guys were going to have to fend off with a stick next year?"

"Yeah, I know," Harry grumbled. "It's not going to be pretty."

"I seriously don't know how they can do that," Ron said as he nodded his head over to the girls where they were sunbathing. "I mean do they not realize how hot it is?"

Harry shrugged. "Girls like to have a nice tan."

They were both at the deep end, their arms folded on the cement edge of the pool while their lower body still dangled in the cool water. "Yeah...well, I don't know why I'm complaining, I mean...it IS a nice view," Ron said with a wink.

Harry grinned. "You realize that's Hermione you're gawking at.....or wait...is it Janey?"

"Both," he said a little too quickly. "I have a high appreciation for the female body you know, no matter who it is."

"Oh yeah? What about Ginny?"

"Hey!" Ron scowled. 'Not my sister, she's not a girl!"

He chuckled. "Hate to break it to you, Ron...but she's hot."

"Ew! Don't say that!" he exclaimed and splashed him with water.

"Okay, okay...I'll stop," he laughed. "So tell me...do you like Janey?"

"Course...she's a nice girl," he said as he looked over at her. With nice legs he added quietly to himself.

"But do you like her...I mean, are you attracted to her?"

"No...at least I don't think so," he said and then sighed. "Well, maybe I am...a little, but it doesn't matter. It's too soon after Lavender."

"Oh come on, Ron," Harry said. "It's been four months now and you're doing fine without her. You like Janey, don't worry about it and just go after her."

"But what if she doesn't like me?" he asked uneasily.

"Are you kidding? I see the way she looks at you and not to mention her whole face turns as red as your hair whenever she catches you staring at her."

This time, Ron blushed. "Yeah? Cool. She's changed over night though, I wish she wouldn't hide herself under those clothes she wears. I bet she has no idea how pretty she is."

"I don't think she's had a lot of friends in the past, Ron. Hermione told me she has none at school, so she probably has like NO self-esteem. I think you'll be good for her...and vice versa."

Ron felt his heart swell when she laughed at something Hermione had said to her. "Yeah...maybe you're right. However, I can't do much when they were way over there, Janey hasn't even come back in the water since we got here."

Harry grinned. "Well...let's go get em' then," he said with a wink.

Ron matched the same wicket grin. "Let's."

They both pushed themselves out of the water with their arms, leaving wet water drops and footprints on the warm concrete. They both walked over until they stood at the foot of their lawn chair, blocking their sun. "What's up ladies?" Ron asked.

"You're blocking our sun, that's what's up," Hermione said annoyed.

"Aww, someone is a little testy," Ron said. "Don't you think Harry?"

"Yeah," he agreed as he stared at Hermione. Ever since Ron woke them up from their little nap, things have been off with them. He was getting tired of it. "Very testy."

"And you look a little hot, Janey," Ron said with cocky grin.

"Oh..well yeah just a little," she said still a little clueless. She unfortunately didn't know what Harry and Ron were like...but Hermione did.

"You even think about it and I'll cur.....KICK your butt to the curb."

Harry grinned. "I'd like to see you try."

"What's going on?" Janey asked.

Harry and Ron shared a look before they finally leapt towards them, grabbing their arms and legs as they lifted them both up against their chest, cradling them like a baby. "Ron! What are you doing?!" Janey shrieked in pure shock. She had never in her life been this close to a man before, especially when the man and she were half naked.

"You look like you can use a dip," he said with a wink.

"Harry! Put me down!" Hermione yelled as she started to struggle.

"No, I don't think I'm going to...not yet anyway," he said as he held a tight hold on her. "What do you think Ron? Diving board?"

"Definitely," he said as they carried the girls to the end of the pool. "You better go first, yours is a little more feisty then mine."

"Yeah...I gave up, what's the point?" Janey said with a laugh.

"I can handle her," he said noticing she had stopped moving, but was still scowling "You go right ahead."

"Okay," he said as he got up and walked to the edge and looked at her. "Ready?"

She held on tight and squinted her face. "Ready," she squeaked.

Ron jumped into the air as Janey yelled before the force of the water cut her off. "We're up babe," Harry said as he stepped up onto the diving board.

"Don't call me babe," she sniped. "Better yet, don't talk to me at all!"

Harry didn't say anything, Hermione's attitude was starting to severely piss him off. "You know what Hermione?" he asked as he walked to the edge.

"What?" she shot back.

"You're being a baby."

Hermione's mouth dropped open and before she could say anything, Harry stepped off the edge and landed with a big splash. Harry let go of her underwater and swam up to the top, but was only pushed back down by a wet and angry Hermione. When he resurfaced he saw her swimming for the ladder at the edge. "Oh no you don't," he said as he swam after her. He had caught up with her just when she was halfway up the ladder so he reached up and grabbed her by the waist and pulled her back into the water.

"Let me go!" she yelled as she struggled against him.

"No way, not until we talk," he said as he swam to the shallow end towards the waterfall.

"I have nothing to say to you," she said as she continued to struggled, desperately trying to break free. But Harry was too strong. Next thing she knew, buckets of water were being poured onto her head and then they were both alone in a cave. They were behind the waterfall and the cave itself was big enough for two people. It wasn't very high either, so both of them had to sink into the water to avoid banging their heads.. "This is ridiculous."

She started to go back out but Harry grabbed her wrist and yanked her back until she was all the way pressed up against the wall. Harry's back was facing the waterfall, blocking her way out while he loomed over here. "You're not going anywhere until we talk."

"You can't force me to do something, Harry," she said stubbornly

Harry glared at her until finally nodding. "Fine. you’re right. You know I won't make you do anything you don't want to do."

"Thank you..."

"If our friendship means that little to you, you can go."

She froze. "That's unfair, Harry! You know that's not true!"

"Then why won't you talk to me?" Harry asked her.

"Because you threw me in the pool!" she exclaimed.

"That's a complete load of crock...you normally would have been laughing, Mione....don't lie to me."

"Harry," she pleaded.

"What were you dreaming about?" Harry asked suddenly.

Her eyes widened. "Wh-what?"

"When Ron woke us up...what were you dreaming about?" he asked as he glided closer to her.

"I...I...don't know why that has to do with anything?" she stuttered as she tried to ignore the banging of her heart. Did he really have to be that close?

"I think it does," he said softly. "If you tell me, I'll tell you mine."

She swallowed the lump in her throat. "It's silly...it was just...a dream."

"Was it?" he asked as he searched her eyes for the truth. "Were you dreaming about me, Hermione?"

Hermione looked down at the water away from his piercing green eyes. "Hermione?" she heard him question again, waiting for her answer. She finally found herself nodding slowly.

Harry's heart dropped. He tilted her chin up with his fingers so she would have to look at him. "What were we doing?" he asked.

She shook her head. "I told you....you're turn. What did you dream about?"

His eyes scattered across his face and then a hand lifted out of the water, pushing back some wet strands of hair that were stuck to the sides of her neck. She trembled beneath his fingers. "You," he whispered.

"What....what were we doing?" she asked Harry who was no so close to her that their legs were tangled together underwater.

He smiled softly. "Let's just say something two best friends wouldn't normally do." His hands traveled down her arms and her torso before finally grabbing the back of her thighs, pulling her until her legs were wrapped around his waist. "I have a feeling that your dream was the same."

Since she couldn't find the words she simply nodded.

"Have you been dreaming about me, Mione?" he asked boldly

Another nod.

"I've been dreaming about you as well," he said as his hands were now caressing the small of her back.

"Are we dreaming now?" she asked softly. She finally got her words back.

"I certainly hope not," he said as his head tilted down towards hers. Their lips were only inches away. "Why don't we find out?"

Again...she only gave him a nod. That was enough for Harry.

He slowly filled the small gap between them. Their lips met. Water beads that decorated their lips now melted together. They never woke up. It was finally real.

11. Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Almost as soon as it began, Harry broke contact suddenly. "Hermione I..." he breathed as he looked at her longingly. "I can't I..."

"Shh, I know," she said gently when she saw the look of torment in his eyes.

He sighed as his forehead fell against her shoulder as his arms pulled her closer. "I want to," he croaked. "You have no idea how bad."

She started to run her fingers through his damp hair. "I know, Harry." And she did. She knew who Harry was and he was an honest person and he would never betray anyone. "Do you love her, Harry?"

"No," he mumbled against her neck pulling her even closer. "That's why I can't do this. I have to tell her the truth."

"Then tell her."

He finally lifted his head up and looked gazed at her. "I will. Tonight I'll Apparate to her apartment." He lifted a hand and caressed the side of her face. "And you need to do the same tonight with Victor."

Hermione breathed deeply as her heart fluttered nervously. "I...I know. It's time we both start being honest with them, isn't it?"

"And to ourselves," he added with a small smile. "Why don't we go back out and join the others and spend the day having fun?"

"Sounds good Harry," she said matching the same smile.

Harry turned and was about to head out, but turned back around. "One more thing, Mione," he said softly. "Tonight...we'll meet back in my room...and we'll finish what we started."

She nodded in agreement and with that said they walked back out of the waterfall.

"There you guys are," Ron said who was sitting on the steps with Janey. "Get everything sorted out?"

"Yeah," Harry said as they swam over to them. "We're cool."

"Hey, I got an idea," Janey said with a smile. "Let's have a chicken fight."

Hermione smiled. "That's a great idea!"

"A...a chicken what?" Ron asked confused.

"Are you kidding me?" Janey exclaimed. "You've never heard of a chicken fight?"

"It's where two people get on a persons shoulders, and the two people on top fight each other, and the two people on bottom fight too."

"Yeah," Janey said after Hermione's explanation. "And the girl who falls in the water first, looses!"

"I'm game," Harry said with a shrug. "Mione and I make a good team."

"Let's do it then." Ron said as they both walked back to the deep in. Janey stood behind Ron and he lifted his hands above his shoulders and she took it before he went into the water. Once he felt her legs over his shoulders he stood back up, waist deep in the water. He pushed his hair out of his eyes before he held onto her calves and turned to see that Harry and Hermione were in position as well.

Hermione and Harry won the first round, then Ron and Janey won the second. They went at it for a while; laughing and pushing each other until one of them bit the dust. After a few rounds of a chicken fight, they retired inside where one of Janeys maid whipped them up some sandwiches. They went back out by the pool, slid down the slide, jumped off the diving board and goofed off in the cool water as the hours went by.

It was close to five when Harry and Hermione finally started dry off and grab their things together. "We’re leaving already?" Ron asked from the pool who was still playing with Janey.

"We have go," Harry said. "Thanks for a great day, Janey."

"Yeah, we really had a great time," Hermione said as she slid on her flip flops.

"I'm glad you came," she said with a smile. "Don't forget next weekend is my birthday party."

"Wouldn't miss it for the world. You staying Ron?"

"Um...I don't know," Ron said nervously. "Do you have to be anywhere?"

She grinned. "No, you can stay if you'd like."

"I'd love to stay for a little longer," he said grinning back.

"See ya guys," Harry said and waved them good-bye as they walked around to the front to the gate.

Once they were out of site they turned and faced each other. "See you later?" Harry asked.

"You can count on it."

Then with a double pop they both vanished...and were now one step closer from finally being together.

Harry stood at the front of Cho's door to her flat. He had Apparated in front of it a while ago, but still hadn't had the nerve to knock. He didn't know how he was going to do this. The last thing he wanted to do was hurt her, but he knew that if he wasn't honest with her, he would hurt her even more Whenever he felt like turning and walking away, all he had to do was think about Hermione and how he felt when she was wrapped around him in the secluded cave. She was his strength.

He finally lifted his hand and tapped gently onto the door. He waited, expecting to hear footsteps coming towards him, but heard nothing. He knocked again, this time a little louder and stepped back and gave her another shot. He was about to give up on her when he finally heard noises on the other side. "Just a moment," he heard the familiar voice say in a rush and seconds later the door swung open.

Cho's eyes widened with shock when she saw Harry. She was in her robe and her hair was a little mussed. "H...Harry, what...what are you doing here?"

"Hey," he said and studied her. "Were you sleeping?" he asked and looked at his watch. "It's not late is it?"

"No...no of course not," she said uneasily. "Um...it's really not a good time, Harry."

"I know I came unexpected," Harry said. "But I really need to talk to you."

"Can't...can't you come by later? I...."

"Baby? You coming back to bed?"

Harry's stomach dropped when he heard a mail voice inside. "Who was that?" he asked Cho's guilty face who was trying to avoid eye contact. "Cho...."

"Harry," she pleaded. "Please, I..."

He pushed her out of the way and stalked into her one bedroom flat, expecting to see some man...muggle or wizard he didn't know. Anger swept over him in as he saw Victor Krum emerge from the room, wearing nothing but a towel around his waist. His first thought was Hermione. She was probably alone...in his house wondering where he could be, not having any clue that he had been playing her with another woman...with HIS girlfriend. The thought made him sick to his stomach.

"Harry," Cho said as he grabbed his arm. "I'm sorry..."

He flung his hand away viciously. "Don't touch me!" He breathed deeply, trying his best to control his anger. He glared at Victor. "How long? How long have you been cheating on her?"

"Harry, this has nothing to do with you," Victor said obviously uncomfortable with the situation.

"This has EVERYTHING to do with me!" he yelled.

"Harry, this is between you and me," Cho said as she started to get annoyed. "I'm sorry I cheated on you, but you deserved it!"

He spun around angrily. "What?! Deserved it??" he bellowed. "I had been nothing but loyal to you!"

"Oh please...I know you have feelings for, Hermione," she said in disgust.

"You know something Cho...you've changed...a lot and I don't know why you didn't have the guts to just be honest with me and tell me how you felt." He then spun around to Victor. "And you...lying to Hermione like that!"

"She left!" he said angrily. "In the middle of the night with no note or anything!"

"Why do you think, Krum! You hardly ever pay her any attention! She was tired of it!"

"And I was tired of her!" he yelled. "I knew...oh, I knew how she felt about you. I tried to ignore it, but it always got in the way of our relationship, ever since those rumors about the two of you started!"

"You're pathetic do you know that? You don't even deserve her! You never did!" He turned to Cho. "And you...you're right...both of you. I do have feelings for Hermione, but unlike you I was trying to be honest with you by telling you in person!"

She gasped. "You...you were coming here...to break up with me?"

"Yes, I did. I wanted to be honest with you! I didn't want to lie to you." He shook his head and let out a harsh laugh. "Looks like you did enough of that for the both of us."

"Harry..."

"Don't," he said sternly. "Just...don't. I don't want to see you again, ever. I didn't want it to end this way, but you brought it upon yourself." He looked back at Krum with hatred in his eyes. "Leave Hermione alone, Krum. I'll be sure to tell her just what kind of person you are. If you ever go near her again, you'll pay."

He then flew out of her flat and slammed the door behind him. He had never in all his life felt this much anger coursing through him at one time. He was furious and he hated that he had to be the one to tell Hermione, but was also glad it was him who walked in on them and not her.

He Apparated to his apartment to find her sitting on the edge of his bed. "Hey, he wasn't home," she said as she stood up. "Which I guess wasn't such a surprise."

He let out a shaky breath. "Mione...."

"How'd it go? Was she mad?"

He shook his head. "She was...I..."

"Harry...what is it?" she asked worried when she saw the pain in his eyes.

"I walked in on her...with another man."

Hermione gasped as she covered her mouth with her hand. "She...she was cheating on you?" When he nodded anger clouded her eyes, similar to how Harry looked when he first found out. "That little wench! Oh, I could just kill her!"

"Mione," he said gently as he reached over and grabbed her hands, looking deeply at her with remorse. "She was with Krum."

She felt her stomach drop as a sickened feeling took over her. "Victor...was there?"

He nodded. "Yes...I caught them, Hermione," he said as he squeezed her hands. "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry."

She felt her eyes brim with tears, but it wasn't because of what Victor had done. It was the way Harry was looking at her. He looked so caring...just looking in his eyes was enough for her to know just how much he cared for her. "Oh Harry," she cried as she enveloped him in a hug. "Don't be sorry...it wasn't your fault."

He shut his eyes tight as he pressed her closer. "I hate him for how he treated you."

"And I hate her for what she did to you," she said softly. "It's okay. They're nothing. We have each other that's all that matters."

Harry buried his face against her neck. "You're right," he said and then kissed her skin. "Nothing else matters."

Hermione felt chills running down her spine when he felt his hot breath on her skin. Her eyes fluttered close when he kissed her again, slowly traveling his lips up her neck and over her jaw line. He stopped when his lips hovered over hers, their breaths merging together. "I've wanted to kiss you again all day."

Her eyes flickered back and forth from his eyes to his lips. "Well...what are you waiting for then?"

On a heavy sigh, Harry finally filled in the space between them. His lips slanted over hers in a slow, lingering kiss as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. There was only one word that he was able to register once their lips touched....

Finally.

"Mione," he whispered as he pulled back. "I...I've wanted this for so long now."

She smiled softly. "I have too. You have know idea how long I've waited to be with you this way."

"I have an idea," he said as he reached up and cupped the side of her face gently. "Longer than I realized." He then leaned down and kissed her softly again and she sighed in content while she arched up against him. Harry's fingers disappeared in her long flowing hair as he finally tasted her for the first time, kissing her deeply with his tongue. He groaned in satisfaction as he yanked her closer and plunged again as he felt his heart begin to race. Lips still locked, he backed her up to his bed and carefully laid her down on her back, never breaking contact of the kiss as he loomed over her. He slowly lowered his body to hers, letting on his weight press her into the mattress as he finally left her mouth and nuzzled her neck. He closed his eyes tight and concentrated on every part of her that touched him, biting his lip trying desperately to keep his raging hormones in check.

Hermione's fingers got lost in his messy black hair and clutched it tightly when his lips and tongue began to massage her skin. It felt right. Being with Harry this way. When she was with Victor, a part of her noticed how it never felt right. With Harry though, it felt perfect. "Harry," she pleaded and thought she would die if he didn't have his mouth on hers again. He obviously took the frantic tugging on his hair as a sign and once again his lips found hers. Hermione found her hands sliding down the small of his back until she reached the hem of his T-shirt and tugged.

Harry broke from the kiss long enough to have his shirt yanked over his head before it was carelessly tossed aside. There lips met again, as they rolled once so Harry was now on her back and she was draped over his chest. He lifted his hands to push back her hair as he cupped her face, kissing her with the same tenderness he felt in his heart when he was with Hermione. She finally felt him lean back and their lips parted as they both breathed heavily. Harry's hands were still framing her face as he looked up at her, with soul-searching eyes. "You're amazing, Hermione," he told her as he swept his thumb across her bottom lip. "Krum Dumb had no idea how lucky he was to have you."

She smiled. "And Cho Ho was an idiot for not seeing the real you."

He chuckled softly and reached up and kissed her softly. "I think I love you, Hermione."

Her heart ached. "Oh Harry," she said as she kissed him. "I don't think..." Another kiss. "I know. I love you, Harry."

Harry let out a desperate moan as their lips touched again. No one; had ever said that to him before. Cho had said the words, but a part of him always knew that her heart wasn't in it. Now, he found someone who loved him. Not the boy who lived, but just the boy. Just the man he had grown to be. That's all he ever wanted and he finally had it. He never realized that the answer to all his problems had been by his side all this time. He needed her. He always did and always will.

12. Chapter 12

Hey guys, here’s the next part. EnjoyJ

Chapter 12

It was raining outside, so Harry and Hermione were pretty much trapped inside the Dursley household. However, the bright side of that was that they had the whole house to themselves. His aunt and uncle were on an overnight business trip and Dudley had to attend a fat camp, which Harry found very amusing.

Harry and Hermione had snuck into Dudley's room to snag a DVD from his huge collection and decided to veg out in the den downstairs for a change of scenery. They were sprawled out on the couch; Harry's head was at one end and Hermione's at the other. A blanket was draped over them and a bowl of popcorn was perched between them. "I don't know if I like this," Harry frowned. "I'm a little uncomfortable."

"Why?" Hermione asked as she grabbed a handful of popcorn.

"Because...you're too far away," he pouted.

Hermione grinned. "I think you'll survive," she said as she poked him in the ribs with her toes.

Harry flinched as he chuckled and grabbed her ankle to keep her still. "I'll manage I guess," he said as he kept her ankle captive and gently began to caress her calf with slow sweeps of his thumb.

She shared a smile with him before she hunkered down under the covers. The air conditioning was finally working and with the cool rain outside, it was a perfect day to snuggle. The movie began and they fell into silence while they munched on popcorn. Halfway through the movie, Hermione was getting restless, so she eyed Harry who had his eyes trained on the TV. With a grin, she tossed a piece of kernel at him.

Harry jumped when something hit his face and glanced down to see a kernel traveling down his shirt. He suspiciously looked over at Hermione and noticed her guilty face as she tried not to laugh. "Wanna play, do ya?" he asked and then threw back another kernel.

Hermione giggled and tossed some more write back, then gasped when Harry threw a handful right at her face. "Oh, that's it," she said as she lunged towards him, the bowl fell to the floor and popcorn scattered.

Harry laughed as she straddled his hips and he quickly grabbed her wrist to keep her at bay. "Hmm, I like this position much better," he said grinning up at her.

"Oh! You're impossible," she exclaimed and tried to pull away, but she yelped when Harry yanked her back until her lips slammed against his. Hermione's eyebrows arched in surprise, but eventually gave in, slipping her fingers in his hair as she rose up on her knees.

Harry slid his eager tongue between her lips as he reared up and gripped her hips. He pulled her close as he pressed her backwards until he fell on top of her. She giggled against his mouth, when he threw the blanket over the both of them. In their private cocoon, Harry continued to kiss her senseless with his frantic and quick mouth, the heat under the blanket intensified, matching the heat of their kiss.

"Harry?! Hermione?!"

Harry pulled back, out of breath when he heard Ron's voice muffled from upstairs. "Ron must have Apparated in my room," he whispered.

They then heard footsteps coming down the stairs and their eyes widened before Hermione finally pushed him away and they both flung the covers off of them right when Ron walked into the room.

"There you guys are, I....what the hell happened here?" he asked gesturing towards the spilt popcorn. "Why are you guys so out of breathe?"

"Er...um, we were just having a little popcorn throwing fight," Harry said, which wasn't a complete lie, it did start out as a popcorn fight...which later turned into lip locking bliss that Harry was very upset got interrupted.

"What's up Ron?" Hermione asked trying to act casual. Her heart was still racing wildly at the aftermath of Harry's very wild and out of control kiss. What exactly did he eat for breakfast this morning.

"I just thought I'd see what ya'll were doing...maybe hang out or, I dunno...see what Janey's up to."

Harry grinned at Ron, who was casually looking everywhere but at either of them. "Janey huh? Anxious to see her again?"

Ron sighed. "Fine...so what if I am."

Harry shrugged. "Then go see her."

"Yeah, I'm sure she'd love to see you, Ron," Hermione said with a smile.

"By...by myself?"

Hermione laughed. "Come on Ron, she's your friend too, you don't need us...besides, we're uh...busy...watching a movie."

"Yeah...I guess I could."

"Then do it, you had fun with her the other day," Harry reminded her. "And we know you like her, you can't hide that from your two best friends."

"Yeah...I do," he admitted sheepishly. "Okay, I'm going to go see her. Thanks guys."

"Anytime, tell her hi for us," Hermione said and then they both watched him Disapparated. "When are we going to tell him?"

"I don't know...we need to soon," Harry said and edged closer to her. "But for right now, let's start where we left off, shall we?"

Hermione giggled as she leaned back on the couch and Harry loomed over her. "I think we were right about here," she said as she brought his head down until their lips touched once more.

"Hermione, are you almost ready?" Harry sighed as he stood in the hallway in front of the bathroom. "We're going to be late for Janey's party."

"I'm coming, I'm coming," her muffled voice said from the bathroom and then seconds later the door flew open and she appeared smiling. "Ready."

Harry grinned back at her. Janey's party tonight was a pool party so she was dressed in a blue pullover dress with her bikini underneath, along with matching flip-flops. "Well aren't you just the cutest thing."

"Stop," she laughed as she pushed him playfully. "Let's get going."

Harry clasped his fingers with Hermione's as they made their way down the stairs to find the Dudley's about to head out as well, all of them dressed rather nicely. "Um...are you guys to Janey...er...Janice's party?"

"Yes," Mr. Dursley snapped rudely as he was straightening Dudley's tie. "Why? Where are you going?"

Harry opened his mouth to let them know it was a pool party so they wouldn't arrive at the party looking like idiots, but then decided against it. "Nowhere....just going for a swim." He looked back at Hermione who was fighting back a laugh. "Let's go."

"And how are you going to get there?" Dudley asked. "You don't have a car."

"Dudley, Dudley, don't you know that we don't need Muggle transportation," he said and grinned. 'See ya later."

The Dursley's yelped in shock when Hermione and Harry both disappeared before their eyes, leaving them completely dumfounded.

Harry and Hermione laughed as they walked through the gate passed the guards. "They're gonna look like a bunch of gits," Harry chuckled. "Do they not know it's a pool party?"

"Apparently not," Hermione laughed along with them as they made their way back to the pool, where the music was already blaring. "Must have already started, we are a little late."

"Yeah...who's fault is that?" Harry asked.

"Shut up," Hermione muttered walking through the gate.

There were already a few kids playing in the water, kids that hardly knew Janey according to her. Most of them were kids of her parent’s business partners. "Just as long as you guys come, it'll be perfect," she had told him last time they talked.

"Harry! Hermione!" Janey yelled from the hot tub.

"Hey over here guys!" Ron yelled who was already there sitting beside her in the hot tub.

They both waved and went over to an empty chair to put get rid of their cover-ups and shoes before joining them. They were the only ones in the hot tub, the rest of the kids were goofing off in the pool. "Hey, guys glad you could make it."

"Thanks for inviting us," Harry said as he slid into the tub and hugged her. "Happy Birthday."

Janey blushed slightly. "Thanks."

"Happy Birthday," Hermione said next. "Looks like it's a happening' party."

"Yeah, it's good," she smiled. "It's fun though to actually have friends to visit with this year."

"They're a bunch of gits," Ron told her. "Anyone can tell you're a great person."

"Thanks," she said shyly.

"How long have you been here Ron?" Harry asked as he sat on the other side of the hot tub with Hermione.

"For awhile, I was the first one here," he said and then held up his hands. "See? I'm all wrinkled."

"Oh...my gosh," Janey said all of the sudden as she tried not to laugh.

They all turned to where she was looking to see the Dursley's looking around confused and obviously feeling stupid. Harry and Hermione both laughed. "Yeah, we saw them when we were about to leave," Harry told them.

"It slipped our minds to tell them it was a pool party," Hermione giggled.

"Dudley seriously looks like he's about to pop out of that suit," Ron laughed. "Honestly, he gets bigger every time I see them."

"Hello, Dudley," Harry finally said when he was close enough.

Dudley looked over and his eyes widened. "Harry! What are you doing here?"

"I invited him," Janey said. "Along with his friends Hermione and Ron."

"But...but...."

"You, boy," Mr. Dursley said angrily. "You knew it was a pool party and you didn't say anything."

Harry shrugged. "Sorry, must have slipped my mind."

"Janice, care to join me for a walk," Dudley said completely refusing to take the hint.

"Er...sorry Dudley, but I just...er..."

"What she's trying to say is," Ron interrupted her as he put his arm around Janey. "She's with me."

Harry and Hermione's jaw dropped as well as Janey's. "I am?" she whispered to him and Ron gave her a look to play along. "Oh, yes...I'm with Ron, Dudley."

"With Ron!" he yelled in shock. "But he's a freak...just like Harry! And his family as poor as dirt!"

Harry saw Ron's face match his hair color and Harry himself was getting furious. He was about to comfort Dudley, but someone beat him to it.

"He's not a freak!" Janey yelled as she stood up angrily. "He has more class than you'll ever have, Dudley. And whether his family is poor or not, doesn't matter to me! Money means nothing to me!"

Harry then stood up and glared at Dudley. "I think you better go, Dudley....now."

"Fine!" he said snootily. "I just agreed to go out with you, because my father paid me anyway. I could do so much better!"

Ron darted up and was about to go after him, but Janey stopped him. "No Ron, he's not worth it. Just let him go."

"That slimy little git," he growled as he let Janey pull him back down. "I ought to turn him into a..."

"SOOO, Harry come with me to get some food," Hermione said loudly to cut off Ron before he blew his cover.

"Okay, sure," Harry said getting the hint. "You guys want anything."

"No where fine, I need to talk to Janey," Ron said.

"Be back later," he said and then the both of them walked out of the hot tub and went to the table where all the finger foods were.

"Did you mean it?" Ron asked as soon as they were alone.

Janey blinked. "Mean what?" she asked clueless.

"About money meaning nothing," he said all of the sudden nervous. "Dudley is right, my family...we're not very...."

"Ron," she said softly. "I've grown up with money all my life and let me be the first to tell you, that it doesn't make you happy. You've told me a lot about your family and they seem wonderful. That's all I ever wanted, I have no siblings and parents that I hardly ever see. I may have the money, but I would trade it for the world in a heart beat to have family like that."

Ron smiled brightly. "Really?"

"Yes...I really like you, Ron and...."

Ron cut her off by lifting his hands out of the water and cupped her face, bringing her lips down to meet hers in a long drawn out kiss. "I like you too," he breathed against her mouth kissing her again, this time more gently as he drew her closer to her so he could wrap his arms around his waist.

"You do?" she whispered as her lips tingled. She had only kissed one other guy in her life and that was over a year ago, but later found out the guy kissed her over a bet. She was brokenhearted, but now it seemed like none of it mattered anymore, for she finally found someone.

"I do," he said and kissed her softly. "Happy birthday, Janey."

Janey smiled against his lips. This was the best birthday gift she could ask for.

The party went on through the night and eventually guests started to leave. The Dursley's were one of the firsts to go, they only stayed for about an hour. Dudley insisted on leaving when a teenage boy made fun of his bow tie and monkey suit. Harry enjoyed it immensely.

It was close to eleven when all the guests were gone and the maids were cleaning up. the four of them were back in the hot tub and Janey's mother walked towards them. "You're father and I are about to head up."

"Okay. Mother, these are my friends I was telling you about. That's Harry, Hermione....and this is Ron."

"It's so nice to meet you all," she said sweetly and to Janey's relief, she sounded like she meant it. "So, I take it things didn't work out with you and Dudley Dursley?"

"No, Mother," she said with a shake of her head. "Him and his entire family are just horrid. Minus Harry, of course, he's the only descent one."

"Yes, well...they run a good business, but I'll be honest, Petunia is quite annoying at times," she said with a roll of her eyes. "They were more persistent with the pair of you and Dudley, but if you're not happy with him, I won't force you."

She sighed with relief. "Thank you, Mother."

"Well, don't stay up too late," she said and waved good bye to all of them before walking back into the house.

"She seems nice," Ron said as he pulled her on his lap.

"She's pleasant," she said thinking of the one word to describe her mother. She smiled softly when he kissed her shoulder. "She'll like you."

"Think so?"

"Yeah, you definitely have the charm."

Harry couldn't take it anymore. All night he had to sit there and watch them kiss and cuddle, while he couldn't lay a finger on Hermione. Occasionally, he caressed her thigh underwater, but Hermione would have to eventually pull it away when it was difficult to keep a straight face. "All right, that's it," he finally said when Ron kissed her again. "Hermione and I have something to tell you, Ron."

Her eyes widened. "Harry....I thought...."

"Don't tell me this isn't bugging you," Harry said with a sigh looking at her painfully.

"What?" Janey asked. "We're not annoying you?"

"No, it's not that," Harry assured her. "It's just that...."

"What?" Ron asked when he paused.

"How exactly do we say this?" Hermione asked getting nervous. She was afraid that Ron would feel weird or awkward about it.

"I think we should just show them," Harry said as he turned towards her.

"Show him?" she asked as she swallowed hard.

"Yeah," he said softly as he reached up and cupped the back of her neck, pulling her close. "Show him."

"What are you....bloody hell." Ron saw Harry pull their best friend....the girl they both knew since their first day at Hogwarts....down for a kiss. He blinked when Harry began to tenderly press his lips to hers and his jaw dropped when he saw tongues being exchanged. "Bloody hell." They didn't pull away and he could have sworn he heard Hermione...or was it Harry....it didn't matter, but he heard ONE of them moan. "Okay, okay, we get it, can you take a breather for a second?"

Harry reluctantly pulled away and grabbed her hand under water before facing their friend. "Well?"

"I should be shocked...and I am shocked...but a part of me isn't really shocked." He scratched his head as he sighed. "Did that make sense?"

Harry smiled softly. "Surprisingly yes."

"I think it's great," Janey beamed. "You two make a fantastic couple."

Harry and Hermione shared a quick smile and then Hermione studied Ron. "What do you think about it?"

"Would it matter?" he asked curiously.

"Of course it would," she said. "No matter what, you're still our best friend, Ron. We'd want your support and blessing more than anything else."

"She's right, we do want your blessings," Harry agreed with her. "But, if you don't support this, it won't change how I feel about her, Ron. I don't want to lose you as a friend, so please don't make me choose."

"Aww geez, how could I not support the two of you," Ron said with a shake of his head. "Hermione, I was terrified that I'd have to chase off every single chauvinistic bloke that chased after you this year. I don't have to worry about that now, because I know Harry will take care of you." He turned to Harry. "You're the only guy I know that deserves our Hermione. I couldn't be more happy for the both of you."

Hermione smiled brightly. "Oh, Ron!" she exclaimed as she went over to him and hugged him tightly and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you!"

"Yeah, yeah....easy now, I'm taken," he teased causing them both to laugh.

"Thanks man," Harry said as he held out his hand and gave him a friendly shake.

"No problem, however I have to warn you, just because you're my best friend, doesn't mean I won't kick your a** if you hurt her."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I know, I know," he said as he pulled a giggling Hermione to his side. "I'm just glad it's out in the open now."

Janey sighed as she snuggled up to Ron. "I'm going to hate it when fall gets here."

Ron's heart fell in sadness as well. He didn't have the guts to tell her who he was yet, he wanted to test their long distant relationship first and if they were still together and in touch by Christmas, he would tell her. Christmas was a long way away though, and he knew that it was going to be a hard year. "I know...we'll write."

"I'm just glad I'm not going back to school in France," she said relieved. "I'm transferring to closer school for my last year."

"What school did you go to?" Harry asked as he silently enjoyed the way his legs were tangled with Hermione's under the water.

"Some boarding school," she said with a wave of her hand. "Nothing big to mention. I'll be leaving in a few weeks though."

"So will we," Ron told her and kissed the top of her head. "We'll have to make the best of it until that time."

Everyone was quiet after that, because all them realized that their summer bliss was coming close to an end.

13. Chapter 13

Hey guys, this isn’t too long, but the fic is almost over and I wanted to stretch it out a bit. Hope you enjoy itJ

Chapter 13

The summer days flew by and before they knew it, Harry's birthday was just around the corner. The plan was to head back over to Janey's place, where they could eat and hang out all night. Harry was thrilled; it was the first time he actually had something fun to do for his birthday.

Harry's Hogwarts letter arrived, as well as Hermione's, which didn't surprise either of them. Dumbledore knew where everyone was during the summer. "I'm so pumped we got Head Boy and Girl," Harry said with a grin. "We have our private common room ya know," he added with a wink.

"We do, don't we," she said with a smile. "That'll be fun."

"Very," he said as he kissed her. He then stood back and looked down at her and all of the sudden he had this itch...this NEED to draw her, to make her come to life on paper. "Mione...I want to draw you."

She blinked. "Huh?"

"You look beautiful...and the lighting coming from the windows is perfect," he said as he tilted her chin up with his fingers. "I want you on the bed, sprawled out..."

"Harry, are you insane!" she yelled mortified. "I'm not going to pose for you."

"Why not? You're my girlfriend...I want to draw you...I like to draw pretty things, you know."

"I'm not a vase," she grumbled.

Harry chuckled and then went to the bed and stripped off his comforter threw it on the floor. "Harry, what are you..." He then tore off his white sheet and handed it to her and she took hit hesitantly. "What am I suppose to do with this?"

"Wear it," he said with a broad grin.

"Wear it? Just this?"

"Uh huh...don't worry, I'll make sure I cover all the important parts."

She blushed. "Harry, I dunno..."

"Pleeease," he begged as he pulled her up against him and kissed her softly. "For me?" He kissed her again, then another time as he felt her start to melt.

"Mmmm, all right, all right," she said giving in. "But no peep show, got it?"

"Promise....I'll have to wait and draw you naked in the future."

She couldn't help but laugh, he made her feel so comfortable, even when talking about drawing her naked. "One day," she said. "For now though...turn around."

"Yes mam," he said as he turned around and spent the time sharpening his drawing tools while she got ready.

I can't believe I'm doing this, she thought as she crawled into bed with the sheet over her as her nerves started jumble. Here I am, lying naked under a white sheet, while the boy I love is about to draw me! I must be crazy

"You ready?" Harry asked.

She sighed. "Ready as I'll ever be."

Harry turned around and moved his desk chair over next to the bed and set his sketchbook on top of it. "Now, I'm going to reposition the sheets a little."

"Excuse me," she said as she clutched them to her chest.

"Trust me, I'm not going to peak or do anything like that....now roll onto your side....right like that." He then went over and bunched up the sheet down by her legs so her long limbs would be exposed. "Now, hook your top leg over," he said as he touched her calf to help her. "Like that, don't move."

"What do you want me to do with my hands?" she asked a little unsure.

"Prop your head with one," he said and when she did so, he ran his fingers through her hair, shifting it so it would cascade around her. "You're gorgeous....okay one last thing." He then grabbed handful of sheets in the middle and looked like he was going to take the whole sheet off of her, so Hermione protested. "It's okay, trust me," he said and then pulled the sheet over her torso, so that her stomach was exposed, but her chest and hips were still covered. "There....perfect."

"Wow...you got some imagination, Harry," she said amazed as she studied her position. She was still covered, but showed enough skin to where it was still provocative.

"The subject brings it out of me," he said as he sat down on the chair and got ready. "Tilt your chin up a bit...that's it. Try to stay still."

"After this, you're giving me a full body massage, I'm quite sure my muscles will be aching after this."

He grinned never leaving his eyes off the paper. "I'll be happy to oblige, Granger." His eyes flickered back to her and the paper as his clever hands magically made her appear on the paper. "You have a beautiful mouth," he said as he shaped her full lips onto the paper. "I noticed this last time I drew you."

"Last time?" she asked. "You've drawn me before?"

"Guilty. When I talked on the phone with you early this summer, I drew you...from a memory to one of the dreams I've had of you."

She blushed. "I'd love to see it."

"Okay, I'll show you later...now, I want you to move your free arm over to your hip and lazily drape it over."

"Like this?" she asked as she moved her arm.

"Exactly...you're an expert. Ever think of becoming a model?"

She snorted a laugh. "Yeah right, I can just see it now, walking down the catwalk and then I trip on my heels and fall on my face. No thanks."

Harry chuckled lightly as he stopped to smudge one of her curves. "You'll just be my personal model then. Maybe this year, I can draw you wearing nothing but your Gryffindor cloak."

"Harry!" she said with a laugh.

He shrugged giving her a mischievous grin. "Just a suggestion."

She laughed, but on the inside she was thinking that she might very well have done it if he asked her. "Are you almost done?"

"Don't rush me, you're too perfect to rush."

"Are you trying to flatter me?" she asked as she felt her muscles start to ache....her neck was killing her.

"Maybe, is it working?"

"A little," she admitted. "You have a very serious look on your face....is sketching still just a hobby for you?"

"If you had asked me that twenty minutes ago, I wouldn't have had a clue, but now....drawing you, I know that it's not just a hobby. I'm going to keep practicing, maybe sell a few paintings."

"Magical or Muggle?"

"Both," he said after pondering. "We'll see though, I might not be good enough. I'm having a hard time capturing your beauty."

"There you go with the flattery again."

"Sorry, I can't help it when I'm around you....almost done, just last finishing touches."

Hermione continued to watch him as he finished up. She liked the way his bangs would fall into his eyes and he would annoyingly push them aside, as if they were interfering. He occasionally would stick his tongue out the corner of his mouth then squint his eyes and you could tell he was in his own little zone. She was finding him incredibly attractive, lying here half naked watching him. Normally, she would have thought she'd be embarrassed, but she wasn't. She was at perfect ease.

"There....I'm done," he said with a heavy sigh as he looked at it and watched it come to life. Nothing moved much since she was still while he drew her, but occasionally she would smile our laugh from the conversation they had.

"Can I see?" she asked slowly getting up, gripping the sheet securely around her.

Harry got up and sat next to her, holding out the picture. "Doesn't do you justice but...."

"No, Harry," she said as she looked at the picture of herself. "It's perfect....it's incredible, you made me look so...so...exotic."

"I just drew what I saw," he said as he leaned into her and kissed her bare shoulder.

"It's an amazing talent," she said as she finally looked over at him and kissed his lips sweetly. "Promise me you'll never quit."

"I promise," he said and kissed her back just as sweetly. "Now, I believe I owe you a back rub."

She smiled against his lips. "Mmm, you sure do. Let me just get dressed and..."

"No, no, no...you're getting a full out body massage," he said as he got up. "Go on, lay on your stomach."

"Now? But..."

"The sheets covering you. Trust me, you won't regret this."

"All right," she said as she laid back down on the bed rolling onto her stomach. She folded her arms under the pillow and laid her cheek against it and sighed sleepily. "I might fall asleep on you."

"Go right ahead," he said as he sat down next to her hips and slowly pulled the sheet down to her lower back. He ran his hands over her shoulders. "I'm going to start here and work my way down...all the way to your toes."

"Mmm....sounds heavenly," she said and moaned in pleasure when he began to knead her aching neck. "You have wonderful hands."

"I'm very clever with them," he said as he continued to massage her neck and shoulders. "Now be quiet and relax. No talking....just feel."

"Okay," she whispered as she closed her eyes and concentrated on the feel of his warm hands pressing against her muscles. She shivered when he moved to her back, pressing his fingers a little harder as her whole body tingled with pleasure.

Her skin was so soft. Like satin. He couldn't get over how perfect she was....how did he not see it before? This woman...this beautiful woman lying before him had been right in front of his eyes all along and he didn't even know it. He sighed as he scooted down and moved to her legs, which by the way went on for miles. She had killer legs. He found himself studying every inch of her as his hands traveled down her body. He fell in love with every crease...every freckle....and that sexy butterfly, it about killed him. Harry was just finishing up massaging her feet when he noticed that her breathing was deep...she had fallen asleep.

He smiled softly as he sat up and pulled the sheet down her legs and then up over her shoulders. He got the comforter he threw on the floor and flung it open before gently laying it over her. He sat on the bed and brushed a strand of hair away before leaning down and kissing her cheek. "Love you," he said softly and then got up and walked out of his room so she could sleep peacefully.

14. Chapter 14

Hey guys, here’s another chapter. It’s almost done, but once it’s done I can concentrate on my other fics. I’m probably going to my ranch this weekend, and I plan on bringing my laptop with me so I can write on my spare time. So look for an update on Four of Hearts on Sunday nightJ

Chapter 14

It was finally Harry's birthday and the four of them were all over at Janey's house. Her parents were out of town again and Janey gave their butler the day off and told him that they didn't need to be served or pampered. They were going to hang out and behave like normal teenagers.

They ordered pizza, downed Dr. Pepper and Coke. They hung out in the playroom and Janey taught them how to play pool and Ping-Pong. Sometimes, Ron hit the ball a little too hard; which almost caused an injury when Harry nearly dodged the small ball that flew right at his head.

"I think I'll stay with the pinball machine," Ron said as he set down his paddle. "More safe."

"I think that's wise," Harry muttered.

They eventually went back to the den and Janey motioned Hermione into the kitchen and together they brought out the cake, singing Happy Birthday to Harry. "I'm getting a cake?" he said thunderstruck. "Wow....Janey, you went all out."

"Whatever, I bought it at the bakery....now blow out your candles."

Harry shook his head and then blew out all his candles in one breath. Ron tried to snag a piece, but Janey slapped his hand away telling him the birthday boy gets the first piece. "It's tradition," she said to him when he gave her a scowl.

After they munched on the cake they brought out his presents for him to open. Ron told him he left his gift at home, but would give it to him later, which told Harry he couldn't give his gift to him in front of Janey. "No problem, Ron," he said giving him a quick look of understanding.

"Well, here's mine," Janey said as she gave him a gold back with white tissue paper spilling out of the top.

Harry took it. "Janey, you didn't have to give me anything."

"Of course I did," she said seriously. "Harry, I've never had friends before and you were the first one who was ever nice to you, and because of you I met Hermione and Ron of course. I owe you everything."

Getting shy he casually brushed it off. "It was nothing, really...but thanks." He then reached out and grabbed a heavy book and pulled it out. "Oh...wow, Janey," he said as he looked at the book with beautiful painting of lily pads on the front and the title of the book was. "The World of Painting."

"Hermione told me that you were into painting and drawing," she said with a slight smile. "I thought you might like it....it's paintings from all kinds of famous artists. The one on the front is a Monet."

"It's great," he said as he began to skim through it. "It's perfect." He smiled at her and set it aside so he could sit up and give her a hug. "Thanks."

"No problem," she smiled as she returned it, then sat back next to Ron.

"Here's mine," Hermione said as she gave him a small wrapped box.

"Thanks baby," he grinned as he took the present and then slowly began to unwrap it to reveal a white box. He opened it and slowly pulled out a silver and gold pocket watch that dangled from a chain. It had age to it, but that's what made it so unique and beautiful. "Hermione...."

"It was my dad's," she said when he watched him study it. "My grandfather gave it to my mom and told her to give it to the man he loved, so of she gave it to my dad. She then gave it to me to do the same."

Harry looked over at her stunned and noticed that she was slightly turning pink with embarrassment. "Mione....this is....I...I'm speechless."

"Well, at least tell me if you like it," she said nervously.

Harry grinned. "I love it," he said as he reached over and brought her over for a kiss. "I absolutely love it." He placed the pocket watch back in the box so he could cup her face and kiss her more tenderly and thoroughly.

"Yeah, other people in the room here," Ron reminded them even though he was smiling. It was a sweet moment, he almost didn't want to ruin it. But it was getting awkward.

"Sorry," Harry apologized and then whispered to Hermione that they'd finish it later tonight.

"Come on, guys," Janey said as he patted Ron's leg. "Let's go for a swim...Hermione you can come up and change in my room...guys take any guest bedroom you want."

"We'll meet you back down here," Harry said as he stood up as well.

Fifteen minutes later, the four of them were back in their favorite spot. The hot tub. The girls took their original spot on their boyfriends’ laps as the guys had their arms around the girls’ waist. "Anybody wanna play a game?" Janey asked with a grin. "There's this game I always saw people play on my school grounds but....of course I never got to play."

Ron rested her chin on her shoulder. "What game is that?"

She turned her head to the side and grinned against his ear. "The kissing game."

Ron's head lifted up. "The kissing game? What's the kissing game? Sounds very intriguing...and fun."

"I'll say," Harry said. "Does it involve us?"

"Of course....it's a contest."

"Contest?" Hermione asked. "What do you mean?"

"It's pretty self explainatory. We kiss at the same time....first person who pulls away....loses."

Harry and Ron both dropped their jaws. "Wow," Harry said.

"Bloody Hell," Ron said as a smile spread across his face. "That's the best game I ever heard of."

"Here, here," Harry said and gave Hermione a squeeze. "Well, Mione and I make a good team."

"Okay then," Janey said as she turned around on Ron's lap. "On the count of three."

Hermione grinned as she turned around as well, straddling his lap. She shared a smile with Harry as she placed her hands on his shoulders and waited for the go.

"One....two.....kiss!"

Harry and Ron both yanked Hermione and Janey down for the longest kiss yet. The game had begun.

Harry and Hermione kissed slowly, taking their time trying not to push. Harry would peek an eye open to glance at Ron, making sure they were still going at it. They were all right and Ron decided to play nasty and splash them, trying to break their contact. Harry just splashed back as Hermione muffled a yelp against Harry's mouth, but never broke contact. Finally, Harry was running out of air and broke contact then turned to look at Ron and Janey who were also apart, looking back at them.

"Who broke first?" Ron asked out of breath.

"It was a tie," Janey said with a giggle. "I saw out of the corner of my eyes."

"A tie?" Harry groaned. "All right, tie breaker?"

"You're on," Ron said getting competitive.

"No, no, I'm done," Hermione said as she crawled off Harry's lap. "I will not be used to prove who's more manly."

"Oh, come on Mione," Harry pleaded.

"I'm also out," Janey said. "It was a tie, fair and square."

"Fine," Ron grumbled as he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her back against him. "One more month," he whispered sadly into her ear.

Hermione smiled sadly at the two and decided it was best to give them some time alone. "Come on, Harry, let's go in the pool."

Harry stood up without questioning, because he knew she wanted to leave them alone and so did he. Hermione slid over the barrier that separated the pool and the hot tub and Harry followed soon after. He playfully grabbed her and dunked her underwater with his body and she came up laughing and then pushed his head back under. They flirted for a bit, splashing and dunking each other, before Hermione finally surrendered and swam into his arms. "Happy birthday, Harry," she said before she kissed him sweetly on the lips.

He smiled softly and then led her through the water. "Come on," he said as he pulled her under the waterfall where they had their first kiss. "I've wanted to get you back under here," he whispered as they both sunk low into the water. Harry was on his knees and Hermione's legs and arms were wrapped around him. "Nice and private," she said as her fingers began to play with his damp hair.

"My thoughts exactly," he said and then leaned down and touched his lips to hers...softly and gently, taking it all in. He lifted a hand out of the water to cup the side of her face. He swept his thumb across her cheek as he tilted his head and slowly slipped his tongue between the seam of her lips, bringing his other arm around her waist so he could pull her closer. Her limbs were wrapped tightly around him, desperately clinging to him so she could get as close to him as she could. She returned his kiss with the same lazy pace and kept up with him when he decided to turn it up a notch. She moaned urgently when she felt the change, gripping his hair in tight clutches with her fist.

"Mione," he whispered urgently against her lips. He left her mouth and kissed the corner of it, then trailed open mouth kisses down her neck. Water beads melted in his mouth as he made his way over to the soft spot below her ear. He felt her shudder under his touch and loved knowing that he had the power to make her respond to him.

A hand below the surface massaged the small of her back and slowly began to make its way up, stopping at the knotted bow of her top. His fingers fiddled with the knot and Hermione let out a surprise gasp. He pulled away immediately. "I...I'm sorry," he flustered. "I got carried away...I wasn't thinking..."

Hermione smiled softly as she framed his face, forcing his worried eyes to look at her. "Harry," she said and kissed him. "I'm only sorry that you stopped.”

Harry's stomach dropped to his knees and a lump the size of a Quaffle appeared in his throat. He swallowed painfully. "Mione..."

"Shhh, she whispered as she grabbed both of his wrists and pulled them around her as she leaned into him. "Please continue," she said in his ear when his hand found the knot again.

Defeated by her power of persuasion; which didn't take much, he sighed as he buried his face against her neck and gave a quick tug at the string. No words were exchanged after that and they began to get lost in each other as they explored one another, discovering new feelings and desires.

"Harry," Hermione sighed as she reluctantly pulled away. "Maybe we...should..."

"Don't finish that sentence," Harry said cutting her off with a kiss. "Because I don't want to stop."

She grinned and giggled slightly when he nuzzled her neck. "How do you know I was going to say that?"

"Because you are always the logical one...I don't want to stop."

"So you've said." Her eyes fluttered close when he began to work a whole other different kind of magic from under the water. "But we've...got to...we need to head back to your house."

He sighed in defeat. "I know...you're right. It's getting pretty late, isn't it?"

"Hmm…way past midnight," she said as her fingers stroked his hair while his forehead rested against her shoulder.

"All right, let's go," he said and kissed her one last time before letting her go.

Hermione looked around the cave and then panicked. "Harry...where's my top?"

"It's not in here?" he asked as he looked around. "Um...I guess it kind of floated out of the cave."

"What?! But Ron and Janey are out there, they could see it."

He snickered but cleared his throat when he saw the look on her face. "Er...sorry...not too funny I suppose."

"Harry! Go see!"

"Right, right...just hang tight," he said as he tried desperately not to laugh and then ducked under the falls looking for her top.

"Looking for this mate?"

Harry looked up at the edge of the pool to see Ron and Janey standing there. He felt himself turned red when Ron was holding up Hermione's orange string bikini top. "As a matter of fact...I am. Mind tossing it over here?"

Ron snickered. "Having fun in the cave there, Harry?"

"What do you think Ron?" he asked getting impatient. "Top please?" Harry then felt a presence behind him and turned his neck to see that Hermione had come out and was now pressed against his back, hiding from Ron.

"Ron, you toss that back here right now!" she yelled over Harry's shoulder.

Ron started to swing the top in the air. "I don't know if I'd like to do that just yet."

Janey slapped him in the gut. "Ron, stop being such a prick."


"Janey, look at the situation here....I have to take advantage of this. So Hermy....what do I get out of it if I give this back to you?"

"Are you seriously trying to get her on your bad side?" Harry asked amazed. "Are you mentally thick in the head or do you not remember what happened the LAST time you got on her bad side."

Ron's stomach dropped when he saw Hermoine's wicked grin he was giving him from behind Harry. He fully remembered the last time he made Hermione extremely mad. He unfortunately had pink hair for a whole week and he couldn't think of a counter curse, so he was stuck. Half the school started calling him pinky. "Fine," he grumbled and tossed the top at him. "There you go."

Harry caught it with a laugh and slowly turned around Hermione as they sunk down in the water. "There you go..need any help?"

"No, quite capable thanks," she said and then kissed him. "Thanks for bringing up the pink hair incident."

"I knew that would scare him."

"What did Hermione do to you last time?" Janey asked curiously as they walked back to the house.

"You don't want to know," he grumbled and then touched his hair nervously. "Does my hair look funny to you?"

She looked at him weird. "No, it looks fine to me."

He sighed in relief. "Good."

15. Chapter 15

Well, here it is guys. The last post and no, there is not going to be a sequel. I have way too many stories I’m in the middle of as it is. So, here it is, hope you enjoyed it.

Chapter 15

Harry stood at Platform 9 3/4 as he anxiously awaited his two best friends. The last couple of days of summer, Hermione went to spend it with her parents. "I've ignored them all summer," she had told him when she packed up her things. "I should really go see them...I do have a lot to talk about."

Harry understood. The last few days though had been miserable without her since he was so use to waking up to her every morning. His first morning he rolled over to reach for her but instead grabbed the empty pillow next to it. It was a sad feeling, but the thought of spending a whole school year with her made him feel a little better. He looked at the clock to see that it was ten till 11:00. He had been there for awhile and already had a compartment saved for the journey back to Hogwarts for their finally year.

He stood on his tiptoe and looked through the crowd, trying to find his friends and he smiled brightly when he saw a blur of red hair. Wherever there was red hair....Weasley's were there. It was Ginny who he saw and Ron shortly followed her, looking very depressed. No doubt the separation from Janey was hard on him. "Hey, Ginny."

"Harry! Hi!" she said as she ran over and hugged him. Through their school years, Ginny of course has gotten over her little crush and they actually had become quite good friends. He thought of her as the sister he never had and was just as protective of her other six brothers. "Congratulations on being Head Boy. Oh and I heard about you and Hermione! I think it's so great!"

He blushed. "Thanks, Gin."

"I'll see you guys in a bit, I'm going to find Neville." She then leaned in to whisper to Harry. "Try and cheer him up, he's miserable." She then kissed him on the cheek and went over to the train.

"Hey Ron, why don't you go ahead and get in our compartment. It's the farthest one bag."

"Okay," he grumbled.

"Um...Hermione and I have that meeting with the Prefects first, but we'll join you when we can."

"Kay."

Harry sighed as he watched him sulk off to the train. He turned back towards the entrance just in time to see Hermione emerging through the crowd. She was pushing her cart through as she searched the crowds for him. Crookshanks her cat was sitting comfortably on top of her luggage enjoying the ride his master was giving him. When their eyes met he watched her smile brightly at him and he couldn't help but smile right back. His heart dropped at the sight of her. He had only been apart from her for four days, but it seemed like four years. He loved her. He loved her so much.

When she reached him she flew into his arms, almost knocking him over.....a gesture she had quite a habit of. When Hermione gave you a hug.....she GAVE you a hug. He grinned and buried his face in her hair, breathing her scent as he lifted her off her feet. "I've missed you!"

"Me too!" she said and then leaned back so she could give him a proper kiss hello.

He kissed her back. Right in the middle of the crowd in front of half the whole school and he didn't even care. They ignored the whispers and stares...ignored the giggles from other girls who were pointing them out. All they noticed was each other. Hermione finally pulled away, clearing her throat as we did. "Harry...we're Head Boy and Girl...we need to set an example to the younger students."

Harry chuckled at her serious and stern voice he knew oh so well. "Yeah...right." He then grabbed her hand and kissed it. "Come on, I'll help you with your stuff. We've got a Prefects meeting in ten minutes."


The Prefect meeting went smoothly and only lasted about an hour. Together, they walked back to their compartment hand in hand, stopping every once in awhile to say hello to their friends from Gryffindor.

"Oh, I'm so thrilled you two are together!" Lavender squealed. "You know, Professor Trewlaney said this was going to happen."

"Did she?" Harry asked amused.

"Yes...well, she said that I will witness true love...oh and look! She was right!"

Harry and Hermione shared an amused look.

"Oh, by the way. How's Ron doing?" she asked truly concerned.

"He's doing really great," Hermione said. "He met someone this summer, a friend of ours....er...so he's really not doing so great since she's a Muggle and all and going to a different school."

"Oh...that must be hard," Lavender said. "I need to go visit him sometime. Tell him I said hello."

They said their good byes and went over to Ron to see him sitting down, gazing out the window. "Hi, Ron," Hermione greeted with a smile.

"Hey," he said as he forced a smile and stood up giving her a quick hug. "How was the meeting?"

"Good, good," she said as she sat across from him and Harry plopped down next to her. "How are you doing?"

"Fine. I just miss her."

"I know, you'll see her Christmas though, right?" Hermione said trying to cheer him up. "And she'll get to meet your family!"

"Yeah...that is if she doesn't freak out that I'm a wizard AND that is if we can make this long distant relationship work."

"Ron, she won't freak out," Harry assured him. "I saw you two together....you guys have something...something even you and Lav never had. It will work out."

Ron nodded. "Yeah.....thanks."

Hermione shared a worried look with Harry when he looked back out the window. Harry gave her a reassuring smile as he put an arm around her. She sighed as she leaned into his warmth and rested her head against the crook of his shoulder. The gentle rock of the train and the familiar scent of Harry made her slowly drift to sleep as the train headed towards Hogwarts.

XXXXX


The Great Hall was filled with hundreds of excited empty stomach students who were waiting with great anticipation for the evening to start. The first years walked in and every pair of eyes was trained on the sea of nervous faces. Small chats and whispers started to form as the Sorting Hat began it's once a year duty and one by one Professor McGonagall called out the first year students.

Harry and Hermione were turned in their benches so they could watch properly. Harry had either leg on both sides, straddling the bench, while Hermione sat in front of him and she leaned comfortably against his chest. His arms were wrapped around her and his fingers were linked with hers as they rested against her stomach. Harry leaned down and placed his chin on her shoulder and watched the Sorting as Hermione tilted her head so it would touch his own.

Ron sighed as he watched his two best friends cuddle. It was obvious they were so right for each other. He never saw a couple that was so in tune with the other...so comfortable and at ease. It did remind him of him and Janey though and the thought made him sigh again. How was he going to last a whole semester without her? Christmas? That seemed SO far away.

"Now that the Sorting Hat has done its job," Dumbledore's voice echoed through the halls.

I wonder when I will get a letter from her? Ron thought not paying any attention him.

"I need to Sort one last student....an exchange student...."

There were quick murmurs and whispers around the room. Ron didn't notice. Merlin, I miss her. Wonder what she's doing now?

"She's in seventh year and I hope everyone will show her respect and courtesy while she becomes accustom to our traditions and rules."

She really looked beautiful last night.

"Ron," Harry whispered.

Her smile. I love her smile...the way it creates a cute little dimple on her chin...

"Ron...the exchange student...Ron!" Harry whispered this time more urgently.

"What?" he grumbled. 'I don't care about the stupid...."

"Look who it is!" Hermione said this time with a laugh of astonishment.

Ron blinked and then slowly drifted his eyes to the front of the room to see a very familiar girl standing by the stool of the Sorting Hat. He jerked up from the table. "JANEY!"

Janey jumped back, slightly surprised that someone knew her name. She looked for the owner of the voice and saw three figures standing up at the far end of the room. Three very familiar figures. Her stomach dropped when he saw Ron beaming up at her. "RON!" She was then off like a rocket.

Ron was off too, not even caring that the whole entire school was watching them with wonder. He ran down the isle towards her. "Janey!" he yelled again right before he swept her into his arms. "I can't believe it!!"

"Ron....oh Ron you're a wizard!" she shrieked. 'I'm so thrilled....I was so worried...."

"Me too," he breathed as he held her close. "Me too....Merlin, it's good to see you." He then cupped her face and crushed her lips to his not even hearing the laughter and cheers that erupted from the students surrounding them both.

"Go Rooon!"

"Ron, you're the man!"

"Wahoo Ron!"

Ron smiled against her lips when he heard his friend’s cheer him on and finally pulled apart to look into her face. "I love you."

She smiled brightly. "I love you too."

"Ahem."

The room died and Ron and Janey turned towards Dumbledore who had a twinkle of laughter and amusement in his eyes. "Now that you two have had a very eventful welcoming...I believe you still need to be sorted."

Ron pointed at the hat. "You better put her in Gryfindor you rutty old hat!"

"Ron!" Janey shrieked as she blushed slightly and then slowly made her way back up to the front.

Please let me be in Gryffindor....please

XXX

Can you believe Janey being here?" Hermione asked amazed as they made their way to McGonagall's office. "A witch all this time."

"I know," Harry said shaking his head. "And it's great, she's in Gryffindor."

"I'm so glad for that. This way we can spend time together and not feel guilty leaving Ron alone."

"Very true," he said giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

"Ah..Mr. Potter, Ms Granger," Professor McGonagall called out as she stepped out of her office. "Let me escort you to the Head Boy & Girl common room."

"Thank you, Professor," Hermione said.

"Follow me please," she said and walked down the empty corridor and up a flight of stairs. They stopped when they came across a painting of a beautiful Pegasus who was grazing in a green pasture. His head lifted up and his ears perked at the intruders. "This is Harry Potter and Hermione Granger, Baxton," she told the Pegasus. "Allow no one to pass except these two, understand?"

The Pegasus named Baxton let out a soft whinny of understanding before returning to his grazing. "Right..well, as you know this is your common room. It is used for the Head Boy and Girl to discuss their responsibilities and duties, however it can be used for other things as well, such as studying and....well, for any other need for privacy.....involving school that is."

Harry saw a look of amusement appear on her face as she looked down at their joint hands. Harry and Hermione both turned red and quickly let go of each other's hand. "You know....the sight of you two is so familiar. Just seems yesterday, Harry, that I was taking your mother and father to this very common room. They too....were holding hands."

Harry grinned brightly at the mention of his parents and immediately took Hermione's hand again. "Thanks, Professor."

She smiled. "I'll leave you two then....first meeting with the Prefects is next weekend. Good night."

Hermione and Harry shared a smile before facing the painting. "Baxton, would you open please?"

Baxon's tail swished and his wings spread as the painting opened for them. Harry and Hermione walked in hand in hand to see that the common room was almost identical to the Gryffindor one. A fire was blazing heartily in the fireplace. A couch and a love seat were facing it and a table used for studying as well was positioned in the far corner. "This is perfect," Hermione sighed as she let go of Harry's hand so she could walk around.

"Indeed it is," he said as he plopped himself on the couch. "The couch is nice and big too....very important to have a roomy couch here."

Hermione gave him a playful look of annoyance at Harry's grinning face, before walking over to the window. "The view is gorgeous. It overlooks the lake. Oh, there's Hagrid....just came in from the forest. We have to go visit him sometime tomorrow and......

Harry sat up when Hermione trailed off and looked over to see she was studying something on the window pain next to her hand. "Hermione?"

"Harry," she whispered. "Come here..."

Worried he quickly stood up and walked over and stood behind Hermione looking over her shoulder. "What is it?" She didn't say anything she just slowly pointed over to the place she was looking at, her fingers traveled over something that was carved or imbedded into the windowpane. He was able to read it out now and his stomach dropped as he put a hand on the two initials. J.P + L.E was carved into the wood and a heart circled around their initials. "I can't believe it," he said traveling his fingers over them. "It's....it's like they just did it or something, it looks fresh."

"They must have put a spell on it to keep it intact....oh Harry, it's so sweet. You're parents."

Harry sighed as he circled his arms around her waist, kissing her temple as his eyes were still trained on his parent’s work of art. "It's only right that we make one too," he said as he nuzzled her neck and kissed her skin. "Right here, next to theirs."

Hermione's eyes swarm with tears up from emotion. "I think....that's a wonderful idea," she said as she turned around to face him, circling her arms around her neck. "That way our children will be able to see it when they come to school."

Harry's heart warmed at the thought of having children with Hermione. The woman he loved. "Well....they'll have to be Head Boy or Girl."

She snorted. "Don't be silly, of COURSE they will....I mean with both of our genes? Our children are going to be the best witches and wizards of their time."

"We don't even have kids yet and you're already being biased. You would say that even if they turned out like the Weasley twins."

She scowled. "That's not even funny." She tried to keep a straight face but the look of Harry's amused one, she couldn't help but laugh.. "Oh fine...you're right, I would be just as proud."

He grinned brightly at her and then leaned down and kissed her softly. "I love you, Hermione."

She sighed in happily. "I love you too, Harry," she said and kissed him back with a sweet tender kiss.

"Now," Harry said as he stepped back and pulled out his wand and looked back over to where his parent’s initials were. "It's time to do a little bit of doodling."

Together...they put branded their initials right next to James and Lily's and as the years past, both sets of initials stayed permanently imbedded forever.....just like their love.

XXXX

A/N: SO yes, you guys were right, Janey was a witch. Some people asked me that if Janey was a witch, why didn’t she noticed Harry. Well, here’s the thing. When I first wrote about Janey, I thought she was going to have about two scenes and that’s it. I was going to make her dorky and everything, but then I felt myself feeling sorry for her. Leave it to me to get attached to one of my characters. SO then, I thought…Ron! Perfect, but I was like oh crap, he’s dating Lavender. So I split them up. And then I didn’t want Ron to be by himself so I had to make her a witch. I decided to just leave the whole Harry Potter thing out and be vague about it. I mean, I never said what school she went to, maybe she went to a really private school. At the end, I decided not to worry about it, it’s just a fic. SO I didn’t go into it. Other than that, I hope you liked itJ Now I can concentrate on the rest of my fic