Potion Troubles For Hermione Granger

Hermione Potter

Rating: PG13
Genres: Romance, Action & Adventure
Relationships: Harry & Hermione
Book: Harry & Hermione, Books 1 - 4
Published: 18/03/2004
Last Updated: 22/03/2004
Status: Completed

When Harry's potion backfires and turns him into a three-year-old boy, it's up to Hermione to help him. What will she do with him? Read and find out!

1. Chapter 1: Potions Accident For Minnie

Disclaimer: Everything belongs to the wonderful, amazing, and talented Joanne Kathleen Rowling!


Potion Troubles For Hermione Granger


By Mione Lynn Potter


A/N: Hello! Here's another story from yours truly. LOL, anyways I wrote this story in one of my notebooks a couple of years ago and finally decided to put it on FanFiction.Net. I think it was one of my very first stories I ever wrote because I couldn't read my own handwriting. On with the story!


Chapter 1: Potions Accident With Minnie


Sixteen-year-old Harry Potter groaned as he felt the rays of the sunlight seeping through the window. He opened his eyes and turned over to look at his clock. It was 9:15! He was late for Potions.


‘Oh no!’ he thought. He bolted out of his bed and quickly got dressed in the school robes. Then he ran as fast as he could to the dungeons.


As he walked into class, Harry saw everyone looking at him and heard the Slytherins snickering.


“Thank you for gracing us with your presence, Mr. Potter. 15 points from Gryffindor! Now sit down.” Snape sneered. Harry gulped and sat between Ron and Hermione. He looked at Hermione as she rolled her eyes at him.


“Now that Mr. Potter is here, we shall continue. Today we will be working on a sleeping potion.


Harry placed the ingredients he needed into his cauldron and began to stir it.


“Once you have finished the potion correctly, it was be a dark blue color.” Professor Snape stated.


Harry stirred it two times as he was told and it turned into a dark red color.


“Well, what do we have here? Mr. Potter, has failed to do his potion right. Now, to see what he has done, he will test out his own creation.


Harry grimaced as Snape poured the potion into a cup and handed it to him. He gulped and slowly drank the potion. It made him vaguely remember the taste of the Polyjuice Potion.


“Ah!” he cried in pain as he collapsed on the floor.


“Harry!” Hermione exclaimed rushing over to his side.


“What’s happening to him?” Ron asked. But a few moments later, his question was answered. Harry had changed from a sixteen-year-old to a three-year-old little boy.


“It was a potion to make him younger!” a Gryffindor exclaimed.


“Quiet! All of you!” Snape snapped. (LOL.) Everyone looked at him.


“30 points from Gryffindor!” he decided. All the Slytherins started laughing.


Hermione looked at the little Harry and saw tears gathering in his eyes that were no longer hidden by his glasses. She gathered him in her arms and cradled him gently.


“It’s okay Harry. Don’t worry. Everything is going to be fine,” Hermione soothed. Harry slowly stopped crying and looked up at her. “Hermine?” he said. She smiled and cradled him slowly. For being a 3-year-old boy, he was incredibly light.


“Is there an antidote, Professor?” Ron asked.


“The effects of the potion disappear by itself. It is determined by the person. Now, if you would please, Miss Granger get out of my class along with Mr. Potter. This is not a place for crying babies!” Snape commanded and turned back to class.


Hermione walked out of the class and up to the Common Room. She sat down on the sofa and rocked back and forth with Harry in her arms.


“Hermine.” Harry said simply. Hermione smiled at her new nickname.


“I think it’d be easier if you called me Minnie. Is that all right with you?” she cooed. Harry laughed and nodded.


“So this is how you look like as a little child? You’re so adorably cute.” Hermione sighed as she ran her fingers through his hair. Soon enough Harry had fallen asleep in her arms. Hermione smiled and walked up to her private room.


She went over to her bed and gently tucked Harry under the blankets and kissed his forehead. “Sweet dreams, Harry,” Hermione whispered in his ear.


She looked at his face and sighed. The legendary scar stood out as well as his emerald eyes. But with his eyes closed and his hair covering them, it’d be impossible to see them.


One question popped into her mind, ‘What am I going to do now?’


A/N: Love it? Hate it? I really hope you liked it. I know I have lots of stories in progress, but I promise I'll finish them in due time.

2. Chapter 2: Memories, Nightmares, and Dreams

Disclaimer: The song in this chapter is called One and it belongs to Denisse Lara! One of my favorite songs!

Potion Troubles For Hermione Granger

By Mione Lynn Potter

Chapter 2: Memories, Nightmares, and Songs

The next morning, Hermione slowly woke up to someone jumping on her bed. She opened her eyes and sat up to see Harry as a three-year-old. Then the events of the previous came flashing back into her mind.

Hermione smiled at him as he laughed uncontrollably at the end of her bed. When his laughter died down, he looked up at her and grinned.

“Minnie is pwetty when she sleeps!” he exclaimed childishly. Hermione blushed at the compliment even if he was three.

“Good morning, Harry. Did you sleep well?” she asked. He nodded and heard his stomach grumble. Hermione laughed softly and suggested, “Do you want some breakfast?”

“Yes, pwease,” he answered.

She got up, went to the bathroom, got dressed, and came back out to find Harry looking at something on the desk. Hermione went over to him and kneeled down beside him.

“What are you looking at?” Hermione asked curiously. He pointed to a necklace that had a thin gold chain and hanging off it was a Snitch.

“Do you want it?” she smiled. Harry nodded shyly and looked down at his feet. Hermione took the necklace and clasped it around his neck.

“Thank you, Minnie!” Harry screamed happily like it was Christmas.

“Now, it’s already past breakfast and there’s no class, thank God. So let’s go down to the kitchens,” she said grasping his hand and going out.

When they walked into the kitchens, Dobby and Winky greeted them graciously.

“Hello Herminny! Who is this?” Dobby asked.

“Well, this is Harry. Harry Potter,” Hermione introduced.

“Harry Potter? Harry, as in who defeated He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named?” Winky asked crazily. Hermione nodded. Suddenly, she felt Harry hide behind her.

“There’s nothing to be afraid of, Harry. This is Dobby and Winky. Their house elves.” She said gently. Harry stumbled from behind her and Dobby started to play with Harry while Winky made some breakfast for them.

After they ate, Hermione took him upstairs and tried to think of something to do.

“What do you want to do, Harry?” she asked him softly.

“Can I see one of those books?” he asked pointing at a shelf of photo albums.

“Of course,” Hermione answered taking one of the old dusty books down and blowing it off. She went over to her bed and Harry followed her. He hopped onto the bed next to her as she opened the book.

Inside, were pictures of various people. “Who is this?” Harry asked pointing at a picture of Ron in his lacy robes. She laughed.

“That Uncle Ronnekins!” she exclaimed laughing.

“Uncle Wonnekins?” Harry said cutely. Hermione nodded and kissed his forehead.

A few pages later, Hermione stopped at a photo of Harry’s parents.

“Momma! Daddy!” Harry exclaimed. She nodded slowly.

“Can I see mommy and daddy?” Harry asked sucking his thumb. She felt tears well up in her eyes.

“I’m sorry Harry. I can’t do that,” Hermione whispered.

“Why?” Harry asked.

“They’re not alive. I’m so sorry,” she apologized. She watched as big drops of tears gathered in his emerald pools. He crawled into her embrace and shook violently.

“Shhh. You’re not alone. I’m here for you. So is Uncle Ronnekins,” Hermione cooed soothingly.

“I’m scared, Minnie,” he cried.

“There’s no reason to be afraid. I promise. Nothing’s going to happen. You’re safe,” Hermione kissed his hair.

She wrapped her arms tightly around Harry and cradled him back and forth.

“I love you, Minnie,” Harry whispered slowly falling asleep. Hermione smiled and laid him on her bed while tucking him under the covers.

Someone knocked on the door.

Hermione walked over to her door and opened it.

“Hey Ron. What are you doing here?” she greeted and asked.

“I just came to see the little slugger.” he laughed loudly. Hermione clamped a hand over his mouth.

“Shut up you prat! Harry’s asleep,” she said in a harsh tone. His eyes widened and nodded. Slowly, she took her hand away.

“Should I come back later?” Ron asked.

“Yeah. He should be awake by then,” she replied.

“Great! Then I can take him on a broom ride!” Ron snickered.

“Ronald Arthur Weasley! You will do no such thing!” Hermione warned.

“Geesh, I was just kidding. See you later,” Ron said and walked away.

Hermione shook her head and closed the door. “One of these days I’m gonna kill Ron for my in insanity,” she muttered.

When she went over to check on Harry, he was rolling around furiously.

“Harry!” she exclaimed running to him and picking him up. Tears were streaming down his cheeks and his scar was glowing blood red.

Slowly, she ran her finger over his scar and yelped in pain. It was boiling hot.

“Oh Harry. Wake up, little one,” Hermione urged. She kissed his scar and rocked him back and forth. A tear rolled down her cheek and onto his scar. A bit of smoke rose from the scar and turned back to it original color.

Harry’s eyes shot opened and clung to Hermione.

“Minnie! The big bad man with red eyes scared me!” Harry cried with tears in his eyes.

“Voldemort?” Hermione questioned, not afraid of saying his name. He nodded shakily.

“Oh Harry. It’s okay. No one is going to hurt you while I’m here. Absolutely no one.” she assured. He sniffled a bit and smiled weakly.

“Do you want to sleep more?” she asked.

Yes, but I’m scared to close my eyes. I’m afraid of V-Voldemort,” Harry stuttered. Hermione smiled and slowly got into bed with him in her arms. She slowly laid him next to him as he clung to her side.

“Now for me to help you, you have to close your eyes.” she whispered.

“I don’t want to,” Harry replied.

“Please? For Minnie?” she pouted.

“Fine. For Minnie,” he reluctantly closed his eyes and sighed.

Now I can begin to tell the story

A legend's not a legend 'til it ends

Together we can celebrate the glory

My friends, my friends

It's amazing to think you can do anything

When you believe in yourself

One voice can make a difference

One move can go the distance

The greatest battles have been overcome

With one heart, one mind

By one love, one life

That's the power of one

Anybody here can be the hero

You could even change history

We do today to save tomorrow

(Save tomorrow)

For you and for me

So whoever you are

And wherever you're from

Prove it to the rest of the world

Hermione sang softly in his ear from one of her favorite songs. It reminded her of Harry. She smiled at the way the song really described Harry. She continued to sing as his grip on her loosened.

One voice can make a difference

One move can go the distance

The greatest battles have been overcome

With one heart, one mind

By one love, one life

That's the power of one

(Things around)

Things around are coming

(Nowhere left)

There's nowhere left to run

(Rise to meet)

Rise to meet the challenge

Believe in the power of one

One voice can make a difference

One move can go the distance

The greatest battles have been overcome

With one heart, one mind

By one love, one life

That's the power of one

As the song ended, Hermione felt his grip loosen completely.

“Minnie?” he asked sleeping.

“Yes Harry?” she asked back.

“When I get oldew, will you mawwy me?” he asked. Hermione gasped softly and blushed.

“We’ll just have to wait and see, sweetie,” Hermione whispered kissing his forehead.

“Okay,” he replied falling asleep in her embrace.

Harry’s peaceful breathing lulled her into her dreamworld.

A/N: I really hope you liked that.

3. Chapter 3: A Day With Dumbledore

Potions Troubles For Hermione Granger


By Mione Lynn Potter


Chapter 3: A Day With Dumbledore

On Monday morning, Harry woke up and sat up. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. Then he looked down and grinned happily. Hermione was sleeping beside him peacefully.


“Minnie is pwetty!” he exclaimed laughing and clapping his hands together. This caused Hermione to open her eyes and look up at him. She yawned groggily and smiled sleepily.


“Good morning, Harry,” she greeted.


“Hi Minnie!” Harry laughed rocking back and forth.


“You’re so sweet,” she cooed.


Hermione got dressed in her school robes and grabbed her books.


“Where are you going, Minnie?” Harry asked confused.


“I have to go to class, little one. That’s why today, you will be going to Professor Dumbledore.


“You’re leaving me?” he said adorably. It made Hermione’s heart melt.


“I’m not leaving you, ever. I can’t take you to class. You’ll get bored,” she commented.


“But I don’t Minnie to leave me!” he wailed.


“Oh, Harry. It’s only for a few hours. I promise I’ll be back for you,” she whispered hugging him.


“Minnie promise?” Harry asked.


“Minnie promise,” Hermione smiled.


“Okay,” he sniffled.


“Now come on. We have to go meet Professor Dumbledore,” she laughed grabbing his hand and running up to Professor Dumbledore’s office. Harry nodded and gripped her hand tightly.


They came up to the gargoyle and Hermione spoke the password, “Lemon Drop.”


As they entered his office, Harry “oooo’ed” and “ahhhh’ed” as he looked around.


“Professor?” Hermione asked.


“Hello, Miss Granger,” Albus Dumbledore greeted.


“Hello, Professor,” she greeted back.


Professor Dumbledore walked over and got down on one knee to come to eye level with Harry. Harry hid behind Hermione.


“It’s okay Harry. He won’t hurt you,” Hermione reassured, giving him a push.


“Hello Harry,” Albus smiled.


“He-Hello, Pwofessor Dumbledore,” Harry stuttered.


“There’s no reason to be afraid of me,” he said with a soft smile and a twinkle in his eyes.


“Are you certain, Professor? I mean I could take him to classes with me,” Hermione said.


“You do not have to worry Miss Granger. I will make sure Harry is taken care of while you are gone,” he smiled.


“All right. I’ll come to pick you up as soon as I can,” Hermione promised going to class. Harry was waving at her until she was gone. Then he felt depressed.


“Well now, Harry, would you like anything?” Albus asked.


“No, thank you,” Harry declined politely.


“Humble boy, you are. Want a lemon drop?” he asked holding out a crystal candy jar full of yellow candies.


“Thank you,” he replied taking a drop out and popping it in his mouth.


Harry walked over to the things around his office and stopped. He went up the few steps to Professor Dumbledore’s desk. Then he walked over to the fire bird perched on its golden bar.


“Ah, I see you find some interests in Fawkes,” Albus said.


“Fawkes? A pwetty bird,” Harry laughed.


Fawkes flew off the bar and flew next to Harry.


“What Fawkes want?” Harry asked. The firebird gestured Harry to get onto his back. Harry’s eyes widened.


“It’s all right, Harry. No worries,” Dumbledore assured. Harry gulped and slowly climbed on his back. He slowly took of into the air and Harry laughed.


“Weeeeeeeeeeeee!” Harry screamed in joy. Albus chuckled softly watching this.


After about an hour, Fawkes landed back down on the ground and let Harry off. He ran around the room excited.


“That was so cool! Can I go aga-,” he was cut off when he tripped and fell.


“Ow,” he moaned sitting up. Harry looked at his knee and saw a deep scrape in it.

Tears started welling up in his eyes. Fawkes went over to him and looked at the scrape. Tears welled up in his eyes as well.


“Why is Fawkes cwying? He didn’t get hurt,” Harry asked. The tears in Fawkes’s black eyes fell onto the scrape. Then the scrape disappeared. Harry slowly stood up and bent his knees.


“Wow! How did you do that!?” Harry exclaimed.


“You see Harry, Fawkes’s tears have healing powers,” Albus smiled.


“Wow! Cool! That was wicked awesome!” Harry exclaimed with wide eyes.


“I miss Minnie,” he sighed. Albus placed a hand on Harry’s shoulder.


“She’ll only be gone for a little while. You’ll see her in no time,” Albus informed.


“Okay. Can I have something to eat? I feel hungry,” Harry said as he felt his stomach grumble. Albus chuckled and nodded.


“What would you like?” he asked.


“A vanilla sundae with caramel syrup and whipped cream,” Harry said detailing.


“What a magnificent child you are, Harry. Child, boy, or man, you are a wonderful person. You are a great wizard,” Albus commented summoning a sundae for Harry.


“Wow! Thank you Grandpa Dumbledore!” Harry replied.


“Grandpa Dumbledore?” he said with a raised eyebrow.


Harry nodded and started stuffing his face with the cold sweet dessert.


A golden glint caught his eye. Professor Dumbledore looked closely to see the little necklace Hermione had given him. He smiled knowingly and shook his head.


“Tell me Harry, do you like Minnie?” Dumbledore asked. Harry nodded eating the sundae.


“Ah, just like Lily and James.” he smiled.


Meanwhile. . . .


“Do you think Harry’s all right, Ron?” Hermione asked waving her wand. They were in Charms.


“Hermione, for the one-hundredth time, he is perfectly fine. If I didn’t know any better, I would have thought you liked him,” Ron laughed. Hermione blushed softly and stayed quiet.


Ron’s eyes widened. “You do like Harry!” Ron exclaimed.


“Shut up you git! Everyone will hear you!” Hermione shushed.


“Sorry,” Ron said.


“So, are you gonna tell him?” Ron asked.


“How? He’s three-years-old!” Hermione sighed.


“Maybe when he turns back?” he suggested.


“Even if he does turn back, he would never like me. I just have to move on,” she said sadly.


“Don’t give up on Harry yet. I know he likes you. Maybe even loves you. Don’t give up until you know,” Ron encouraged. Hermione laughed softly.


“Unbelievable, I can’t believe I’m getting advice from you,” she admitted.


After Charms, Hermione went up to Professor Dumbledore’s office. She walked in and chuckled at the sight.


“Oh Harry. What is that all over your mouth?” she asked.


“Ice cweam! And it was good!” he laughed stuffing his face more.


“Good afternoon, Miss Granger,” Professor Dumbledore greeted from behind his desk.


“Good afternoon, Professor. I hope he wasn’t too difficult to handle,” Hermione said.


“Not too much. He is a very interesting wizard,” Albus complimented.


“Well Harry, are you ready to go?” she asked.


“Yes, Minnie! Bye Grandpa Dumbledore!” he yelled waving his hand furiously. Albus chuckled once again and waved back at him.


Together, Harry and Hermione walked out.

A/N: What'd you all think? I hope you liked it and please review! I will continue to update my stories every week if you guys want. Tell me in your reviews! Gracias! Arigato! Thank you!


4. Chapter 4: Colds

Potion Troubles For Hermione Granger


By Mione Lynn Potter


Chapter 4: Colds

Hermione sat in the Gryffindor Common Room doing her homework while Harry was playing with the necklace she had given him. She smiled inwardly as she watched him.


Suddenly his nose twitched and he sneezed. “Achoo!”


“Bless you,” Hermione said softly.


“Thank you,” he replied shivering a bit even though there was a roaring fire. Hermione’s eyebrows knitted together in concern.


“Harry, are you all right?” she asked gently.


“I’m cold,” Harry answered. Hermione went over to him and placed her hand on his forehead.


“Harry! You’re burning up!” she exclaimed as she wrapped a blanket tightly around him.


“Achoo!” he sneezed.


“Why don’t we bring you to the Hospital Wing for some Pepper-Up potion?” she asked. He nodded. Hermione cradled him in her arms as he laid his head on her shoulder.


She made her way to the hospital wing and inside.


“Madame Pomfrey?” she asked looking for the nurse.


“Ah, hello Miss Granger. What seems to be the problem?” Madame Pomfrey asked with a small smile on her face.


“Well, Harry seems to be catching a cold. His forehead if very warm and he kept on sneezing. I was wondering if you had some Pepper-Up potion,” Hermione explained.


“I do, but I’m afraid it’s a bit too strong for him at his age. You’ll just have to cure him the old-fashioned way,” she said sadly.


“Oh, okay then. Come on Harry, let’s get you into bed,” she whispered stroking his hair.


“Okay, Minnie,” he murmured snuggling into her arms. Her grip on him tightened as he closed his eyes.


When she got to her room, she walked over to her bed and laid him gently under the covers. She tucked him in and kissed his forehead.


“Just get some sleep now, sweetie. I’ll make sure of it that you get better,” Hermione promised as she walked out and down to the kitchens.


“Dobby? Winky?” Hermione called out.


“Oh, hello Miss Granger! Dobby is happy to see Hermione!” Dobby exclaimed emerging from behind the kitchen counter.


“Hello, Dobby. Do you have any soup? Harry’s coming down with a cold,” Hermione explained.


“Oh my! Mr. Potter is sick! What kind of soup is you want?” Dobby asked.


“Hmm. Some hot chicken soup always works,” she smiled.


“Dobby is right on it ma’am!” Dobby saluted her and scurried around the kitchen.


‘I wonder what Harry would like to drink? He hasn’t had butterbeer in a while. Maybe that’s what I’ll get,’ she thought, walking over to the cabinets.


“Dobby, do you have any butterbeer?” she asked.


“Of course! In the rafrigator,” Dobby said.


“Refrigerator,” Hermione corrected. She went over and took a bottle out. She poured some into a mug and placed it on a tray.


“Here, Hermione! Some hot chicken soup!” Dobby said placing the steaming bowl of soup on the tray.


“Thank you Dobby. Let’s see, for dessert, how about a vanilla cupcake!” she laughed. Hermione took one and put it on the tray.


“Thanks. Here you go, Dobby,” she smiled giving him a few coins.


“Oh no, no, no! I can’t accept!” Dobby exclaimed.


“Nonsense! You deserve it,” Hermione smiled walking back up to Gryffindor.


When she got back into her room, she came upon the cutest sight.


Harry was in her bed with his arms tightly wrapped around a teddy bear. She chuckled.


“What are we going to do with you, Harry?” she whispered to herself while walking over to him. Hermione placed the tray on the night table and sat down.


“I wonder how long it will take for you to change back,” she thought deeply.


‘He has the most cutest smile. His hair is so messy, but so adorable. And his eyes are so beautiful,’ she thought. Her eyes widened. She shouldn’t have been thinking this way.


Hermione blushed slightly. It was official. She was head over heels in love with her best friend, Harry Potter.


She charmed the soup and butterbeer to stay warm and headed over to her desk.


Hermione took out her jewelry box and flipped it open. Inside, were various trinkets and other things. But one section was filled with the gifts that Harry had given her. She picked up a ring that hung from a thin diamond necklace.


The ring was exquisite. It was a white gold band with a heart-shaped diamond in the middle. On either side of it were ruby and sapphire stones. She had been so happy when she had received it on her birthday. Harry had told her that it was a promise ring, but he wouldn’t tell her what the promise ring was for.


Hermione smiled softly thinking of all the times Hermione spent with Harry, and only Harry.


“So much has changed since then. I will never get a chance with him,” she said sadly. Suddenly she heard slurping behind her. Hermione turned around and laughed. Harry was sitting up in bed drinking the butterbeer as it dripped down the sides of his face and onto his shirt.


“Harry! Don’t make such a mess,” she complained rushing over to him and wiping the butterbeer off.


“But Minnie! Hawwy hungwy!” he whined. She touched his forehead and it felt a little cooler.


“You’re better. Want some soup?” she asked.


“Yes, pwease!” he exclaimed, showing his teeth.


“Here. Have some soup Dobby made for you,” she smiled laying the tray across his lap.


She took the spoon and feed him.


“Do you feel all right?” she asked concerned.


“Hawwy okay!” he exclaimed taking the vanilla cupcake and shoving it in his mouth. It vaguely reminded Hermione of when Harry talked about Dudley and how he ate like a pig. Well, he WAS a pig.


“Minnie? Do you love me?” he asked out of the blue. Hermione jumped and looked at him.


“I-I-,” she couldn’t answer him. Hermione sighed softly and stared at him sadly.


“Minnie don’t love me?” Harry quivered with tears in her eyes.


“Harry, of course! I love you so much,” she whispered kissing his cheek.


“Me love Minnie too!” he yelled giddily.


“You’re impossible,” she murmured smiling.


“I tired,” he yawned.


“You seem to be tired lately,” she said concerned. He shrugged.


But then he started shaking violently and his eyes rolled to the back of his head. He fell back and his eyes closed.


“HARRY!”

A/N: Hola! I hope you liked it! Please review! No flames please! Gracias!

5. Chapter 5: Pain and Mind Control

Potion Troubles For Hermione Granger


By Hermione Potter


Chapter 5: Pain and Mind Control

“HARRY!” Hermione screamed in horror. She scurried over to him and picked him up. Hermione shook him furiously, trying to wake him up.


“Please, Harry, open your eyes!” she pleaded with tears in her eyes.


“Please, be all right. Please,” Hermione whispered helplessly.


Harry wouldn’t budge. Hermione eyes widened. “HARRY!” she yelled with hot tears streaming down her cheeks.


Then they were both engulfed with darkness.


“Wh-Where are we?” Hermione asked to no one.


“You’re in my world now. The realm of darkness,” an eerie voice sounded.


“Who are you?! Come out!” Hermione yelled clutching Harry to her tightly.


A figure stepped from the shadows. “Who are you? And what do you want with us?” she asked.


“I am Tom Marvolo Riddle,” he said.


“Yo-You’re Voldemort,” Hermione whispered.


“Ah, smart girl you are! Let’s give her a prize!” he laughed going over to her.


“This was the only way yo get him when he was vulnerable,” Tom explained.


“You. You were the one who did ths to him. You planned this all out. You were the one who made him change,” Hermione realized.

“Ah, yes. It was the perfect idea. Even if he defeated when he was only one, he is vulnerable now. And that is when I can strike. Now move aside you stupid silly girl,” he commanded.


“No! I won’t let you near him!” Hermione said clutching Harry desperately.


“Ha! You think you can challenge me?” Tom smiled ruefully. He pulled out his wand and pointed it at Hermione.


“Hand over the boy or else,” Tom threatened.


“No! I will not let you hurt him!” Hermione said shutting her eyes.


“Have it your way then. I happen to have the antidote that will change him back,” he said with an evil smirk. Hermione looked at him.


“Give it to me,” she replied harshly.


“You think I’ll just hand it over? You must think I’m stupid,” he said taking a bottle out with green liquid inside. He started tossing it around.


“No, please! I’ll do anything,” she begged.


“Good girl. SARAJEVANA!” he cursed. Hermione was blown back against a wall. She groaned as she slid down the wall.


Harry’s eyes opened and looked around.


“Minnie?” he said shaking.


“Harry,” she whispered weakly.


“Hello Potter. Remember me?” Tom smiled.


“V-Voldemort,” Harry stated frightened.


“Ah, I see you remembered,” he replied laughing.


Tom grabbed Harry’s throat and held him up.


Harry started to cry and choked.


“Harry. Please, no,” Hermione begged slowly getting up.


“Leave . . . him alone,” she said, her voice cracking.


Tom laughed and held the bottle to Harry’s mouth.


He tipped it and the antidote slide down his throat. Harry coughed violently. Tom dropped him on the ground.


Hermione watched in horror as Harry’s face contorted in pain. Slowly, his body started to change. It became his sixteen-year-old body.


“Harry!” Hermione screamed watching.


Harry opened his eyes and it scared Hermione. They weren’t green anymore. They were black. Surrounded by hatred and darkness.

“Ha-Harry?” she stuttered.


“He’s under my control now,” Tom said changing into Voldemort.


“No! Harry. You can fight it! I know you can!” Hermione cried.


He turned to her and smiled coldly.


“CRUCIO!” Harry cursed. Hermione fell on the ground withering in pain. It was like a thousand needles sticking in her.


“Well done Harry. This is the way you were meant to be. Now end her life now,” Voldemort commanded.


Harry raised his wand and pointed it at Hermione. She looked at him with her brown eyes filled with tears.


For a moment he paused. Hermione thought that she had seen the old Harry for a moment.


“Well? What are you waiting for?! Kill her!” Voldemort yelled.


AVADA KEDAVRA!” Harry yelled. A beam of green light shot out of his wand and went straight for Hermione. She covered her head with her arms and waited for the blow, but it never came.


She opened her eyes and looked around. She was back at Hogwarts in the Hospital Wing.


“Hello Miss Granger. I’m glad you are awake,” Professor Dumbledore greeted gently.


“Professor? Where’s Harry?” she asked.


“I’m afraid he’s not here. He’s still in the realm of darkness with Voldemort,” he answered sadly.


“Aren’t we going to get him back then?” Hermione asked again.


“In every way possible Miss Granger. We have every Auror out there searching,” Albus informed.


“Voldemort took over his mind! I’ve got to find him!” Hermione exclaimed. When she tried to get up, she couldn’t. Her body hurt all over.


“Miss Granger, I know you want to find him. But I suggest you get your rest first,” he said. Hermione sighed and plopped into bed. Professor Dumbledore left.


Hermione turned over and buried her face in her pillow. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she thought of Harry.


“I’ll get you back, Harry. I promise. I just hope I’m not too late. Don’t give up on me. Don’t,” she whispered slowly closing her eyes.


A/N: Hi, everyone. I am so sorry that my 3rd chapter to Care of Magical Fairies was sooo OOC. LOL. I was really in the mood for a cliffy while I was listening to this song that would be perfect for the chapter. Please review. I’d appreciate it.


6. Chapter 6: Trying

Potion Troubles For Hermione Granger


By Hermione Potter


Chapter 6: Trying

“Potter! Get here right now!” Voldemort commanded. Harry walked to him and kneeled before him. Harry’s eyes were far away as if he was somewhere else.


“Yes, master?” Harry asked in a monotone voice.


“Now, I want you to seek that Mudblood girl and kill her. Do you understand?” Voldemort asked.


“Yes, master,” he replied disappearing onto the grounds of Hogwarts.


Hermione sat at her window looking out onto the lake. She was withdrawn from everyone. The only thing on her mind was Harry. She had sworn to get him back. Tears were moistened against her cheeks and there were still some in her eyes. Her eyes widened.


Standing outside was Harry. He had appeared on the grass with wand in hand.


She tucked her wand in her robes and rushed outside.


Hermione slowly walked out and snuck behind a tree.


“I know you’re there, Hermione,” his voice said startling her. She came out and cautiously made her way to him.


“I-Is that you, Harry?” Hermione asked touching his shoulder. He turned around quickly and grabbed her wrist.


“Let go of me!” Hermione struggled trying to get her hand free.


Harry’s grip on her tightened. She yelped in pain.


“Harry, please,” she begged whispering. He did nothing.


“I know this isn’t you, Harry. Please it’s me, Hermione. The girl who’s always been your best friend,” Hermione tried to explain.


“I only know of my master. That is all. You are nothing to me,” he said.


“You don’t mean that. I know you don’t. You’re not the real Harry I know. You’re not the Harry I love,” Hermione whispered the last sentence pressing her lips to his. Harry didn’t respond to her.


“What is that fool doing?!” Voldemort exclaimed watching the scene.


“I-I don’t know, sir,” Peter stuttered.


“I’ll have to take care of things myself,” he muttered disappearing and reappearing on the grounds a few feet away from Harry and Hermione.


“Potter! What do you think you’re doing?” Voldemort asked.


Hermione pulled away slowly and sighed.


“I am sorry, master,” Harry apologized.


“Make sure next time you don’t do it again next time,” Voldemort told. Harry nodded and let Hermione go.


“Now, Mudblood, you think you could turn him back? HA! You foolish girl. You cannot stand up to the power of Lord Voldemort,” he taunted.


“You can’t scare me, Voldemort. You may scare others, but not me. I would do anything for Harry,” Hermione replied.


“Ah, just like Potter’s parents. Love, is that right?” Voldemort asked smiling evilly.


“True love can defeat anything. Even the darkest of evil. You can never defeat love. Ever,” Hermione said determined.


“True love does not exist. It is a figment of your imagination,” Voldemort laughed.


“What do you know about love? You lost it when you turned into the Dark Lord,” Hermione smiled. Voldemort sneered at her.


“It’s time to end your life,” he spat.


“Not if I end yours first,” Hermione grinned taking her wand out.


“Don’t taunt me, little girl,” he sneered.


“EXPELLIARMUS!” Hermione hexed.


Voldemort ducked and yelled out, “CRUCIO!” Hermione tried to dodge, but the spell hit her foot and she fell. Hermione groaned, and when the pain subsided, she slowly stood up with a dull ache in her foot.


“Try and run from me, you will not get far!” Voldemort laughed pointing his wand at her.


“AVADA KEDAVRA!” Voldemort cursed. The green light shot out of the tip of his wand and went toward Hermione. She shut her eyes and waited for the worst. But it never came.


Hermione opened her eyes and gasped. Harry was standing in front of her, shielding her from the curse. He smiled weakly as his eyes sparkled their beautiful emerald green color.


“Harry,” she whispered happily.


“Mione,” Harry whispered back hoarsely. His eyes slowly closed as he collapsed.


“Harry!” Hermione screamed catching him in her arms. She landed on her knees crying.


“Harry. Oh Harry. I’ve missed you so much. Why did you do that? You protected me. You didn’t have to,” Hermione whispered hugging him tightly.


“I wanted to. I want to protect you from everything,” Harry smiled fainting in her arms.


“I promise we’ll be safe again, Harry. I just hope we can end this and I can finally tell you,” Hermione whispered laying him on the ground.


“Ah, how sweet. Young love. I’m getting cavities,” Voldemort muttered sarcastically.


“You’ll play for doing that,” Hermione threatened.


“Oh, I’m so scared. A Mudblood girl is going to hurt me!” Voldemort replied faking a girl’s voice.


“Get a life. RICTASEMPRA!” Hermione yelled. Voldemort was busy laughing. The spell hit him dead on and he stumbled back.


“You’ll pay for that! EXPELLIARMUS!” Voldemort screamed. Hermione dodged.


“CASITAVA!” he screamed again. She dodged again.


Voldemort looked at Harry and smiled ruefully.


“Let’s see what ou will do when the one you love is killed,” Voldemort said pointing his wand at Harry.


“AVADA KEDAVRA!” Voldemort cursed.


“NO! HARRY!” Hermione exclaimed running to Harry and throwing herself on him. The curse hit her, but never killed her. A white light covered them both as the Killing Curse bounced back and hit Voldemort with twice the force. He screamed in agony as he disappeared in a flash of blue light.


Hermione slowly opened her eyes and looked around. Voldemort was nowhere in sight. He was finally gone. She looked down at Harry and felt a tear trickle down her cheek.


“Oh, Harry. It’s finally over. Now we can live in peace. Like you wanted,” Hermione whispered through tears.


Her eyes slowly shut and Hermione fell down on the ground next to him. A few moments later, Harry’s hand found Hermione’s and their hands entwined tightly around each others.


A/N: Gotta jet. Please review. No flames. Thank you.

7. Chapter 7: Awakening and The Mysterious Kitten

Potion Troubles For Hermione Granger


By Hermione Potter


Chapter 7: Awakening and The Mysterious Kitten

Hermione groaned softly as she opened her eyes. She slowly sat up and looked around to find herself in the Hospital Wing of Hogwarts. Her eyes widened. Harry.


She looked around seeing no one. ‘Where is he?” Hermione thought frantically.


“Miss Granger,” Professor Dumbledore said walking in slowly, his robes swishing behind him.


“Professor Dumbledore, where’s Harry?” Hermione asked.


“Calm down, Miss Granger. He in resting peacefully. He will be here soon. But I must press upon you that he might not wake up. The impact from the curse took a lot of his energy away,” Professor Dumbledore answered. Hermione nodded slowly.


“Now, if you will excuse me, the Gryffindors are getting restless from you and Mr. Potter’s arrival back at Hogwarts,” he smiled walking out.


Hermione collapsed against the pillows and sighed. It took her a while to get comfortable, when she heard a thumping noise. Something climbed into her bed and purred. She looked down and saw Emerald. Emerald was her white kitten that Harry had given her after Crookshanks had died. She had emerald green eyes just like him.


“Hey, girl. Come here,” Hermione murmured as Emerald climbed into her arms. She stroked her fur subconsciously while thinking.


“Do you think Harry’s all right?” she asked the kitten. She mewled softly licking Hermione’s hand. The doors opened and Professor McGonagall came in guiding two men who had someone on a stretcher.


“Lay him here,” Minerva said. The men laid him on the bed next to him and filed out.


Hermione looked up and her heart flipped. “Harry!” she exclaimed in a loud whisper. She winced climbing out of bed and limping over to his bed. She sat down in the chair that was next to it and looked at him.


He had a bandage wrapped around his forehead. There were a few cut and scrapes on his face. His left hand was wrapped in bandages. But the rest of him looked fine. Hermione slowly took his right hand and gripped it tightly to her. She kissed it gently and smiled softly.


“Oh, Harry. Please open your beautiful eyes for me. It’s Hermione. Remember, your best friend?” she whispered pleadingly.


Emerald jumped onto the bed and climbed next to Harry.


“I love you so much. Please come back to me,” Hermione pleaded with tears glittering in her eyes. She slowly rubbed hr cheek against his hand.


“I can’t live without you Harry. You’re my life. Nothing’s dull with you in it. I want you back and in my life. Harry. Just open your eyes. I’ll do anything,” Hermione promised.


Nothing happened. Tears streaked down her cheeks as she stared at him. Slowly, but cautiously, Hermione leaned down and kissed him softly.


But what she didn’t notice was that a golden tear slipped inside his mouth and that Emerald’s eyes flashed. Hermione pulled away and looked at him.


His eyes fluttered open and he looked around.


“Ha-Harry?” Hermione whispered disbelievingly. His green eyes landed on her.


“Hey, Mione,” Harry greeted in a weak voice.


“Oh Harry!” she exclaimed hugging him tightly.


“He-Hermione, I can’t breathe,” he choked out.


“Sorry,” Hermione apologized embarrassed. He smiled softly and stroked her hand that was still in his.


“How long have I been out?” Harry asked.


“I don’t know. I just woke up as well,” Hermione answered crying happily.


“Hey, hey, why the tears?” he said.


“I’m just so happy you’re all right,” she cried.


“I’m supposed to take your tears away, not make them,” Harry joked.


“This isn’t a time to joke, Harry. I thought I was going to lose you. Again,” Hermione said seriously.


“You’ll never lose me, Herms. You’re stuck with me,” he grinned.


“That’s not such a bad thing,” she smiled kissing his hand. Harry smiled at her and tilted her chin up to look at him.


“Did you mean it?” Harry asked hopefully.


“Mean what?” Hermione asked back confused.


“Did you mean it when you said you loved me?” he repeated. She blushed.


“Yes, I did. I do love you, Harry,” Hermione whispered.


“And I you, Hermione,” he declared as he pushed up and kissed her gently. A meow interrupted them. They slowly broke apart and looked at Emerald who was curled up at Harry side looking at the two.


“Hey there, Emmy,” Harry greeted. Emmy was his nickname for her. She purred as he scratched her ears.


“What happened, Herms? I mean before the whole Voldemort thing,” Harry questioned.


“Snape made you drink your own potion and it backfired. Then you turned into a three-year-old child. And I had to take of you of course,” she explained smirking a bit.


“Oh, you took care of me. So was I a good boy?” he asked smirking as well.


“Oh yes. And one question you asked me. And I quote, “When I get oldew, will you mawwy me?” Hermione laughed. Harry blushed beet red and smiled clumsily.


She smiled softly at him and stroked his cheek. “I was so scared,” she whispered.


“You don’t have to be afraid anymore. He’s gone for good,” Harry smiled kissing her hand.


“I know. I won’t be as long as you’re with me,” Hermione replied. She looked at Emerald and gasped. Her eyes went from being green to violet.


“Harry, how did Emerald do that?” Hermione asked.


“I have no clue. Her eyes were green and then all of a sudden, they change,” Harry said.


Hermione lifted Emerald slowly and smiled at her. “You’re an amazing kitten, you know?” she laughed. The white kitten smiled and meowed.


“I wonder how she did that though. I’ll have to do some research on this,” Hermione stated. Harry laughed and pulled her down next to him.


“Harry!” she exclaimed surprised. Harry smiled and wrapped his arm around her and pulled her tightly against him.


“My Mione. Always the one who needs to know everything,” Harry smiled.


“And do you have a problem with that, Mr. Potter?” she asked.


“No, of course not. That’s one of the things I love about you. You’re amazing in every way possible,” Harry commented stroking her hair.


“Not as amazing as you,” she murmured sleepily. Emerald curled up at their feet and closed her eyes.


“Ah, but that’s where you’re wrong. In my mind you are amazing. More amazing as me,” he smiled kissing her forehead.


Hermione nuzzled his neck and smiled. She closed her eyes and let the beat of Harry’s heart lull her to a deep slumber.


“Sweet dreams, Mione,” he wished as he too, fell into a peaceful sleep.


A/N: I have one more chapter to go. Please review. Now flames. Thank you.

8. Chapter 8: The Start of Something Else

Potion Troubles For Hermione Granger


By Hermione Potter


Chapter 8: The Start of Something Else

“Harry? Where are we going?” Hermione giggled. Harry had planned a surprise for Hermione. He had his hands covering her eyes and was guiding her towards the lake. It was dark outside with the bright stars and full moon.


“You’ll have to wait and see, love,” Harry grinned. He giggled again and nodded. They arrived at the lake.


“Ready?” he asked.


“Yeah,” she answered curiously. He took his hands off and smiled when he heard her gasp.


“Harry, it’s beautiful, when did you do this?” she asked softly. Next to the lake, was a table set for two. It had two candles lit and beautiful silverware.


“Where do you think I was doing at night for the past week?” he smiled.


“Sleeping,” she chuckled. Harry grinned and guided her over to the table. He pulled out the seat and she sat.


Harry went to the other side of the table and sat down. He snapped his fingers and a medium-sized roast chicken appeared on both their plates with corn and mashed potatoes. Two glasses of champagne appeared.


Hermione took a bite of her dinner and looked at him. “This is delicious!” she exclaimed.


“I’m glad you like. Dobby helped me with it,” he said softly eating a bit himself.


After they finished eating, they lay under the stars in each other’s arms.


“Did I tell you how beautiful you look?” he whispered nuzzling her neck.


“No, I don’t think,” she said coyly.


“Well, you are the beautiful creature to be born on this planet,” he smiled. Her face flushed and she murmured an embarrassed, “Thank you.”


Harry surprised Hermione when he rolled over so he was on top of her.


“My, my, aren’t we a bit excited,” she teased. He grinned and tucked a few strands of hair behind her ear.


“So beautiful,” he whispered, leaning down and kissing her gently. She pulled him closer and sighed as his hands entangled themselves in her hair.


A few minutes later, when their breathing calmed down, he had pulled a red rose out of nowhere and tickled her nose with it when her eyes were closed. Her nose wrinkled and she opened her eyes.


“For you, a red rose is the symbol of my true love for you and it is meant for beauty as well,” he recited placing the rose in her hair.


“Such a romantic you are,” she giggled.


“Way to ruin the mood,” he groaned.


“Aww, sweetie. I didn’t mean to ruin the mood. Will you forgive me?” she asked pouting.


“Now how can I stay mad at that?” he laughed kissing her lightly.


He rolled back over and wrapped his arm around her waist. “Close your eyes,” he whispered into her ear. Her eyes closed as he murmured a spell.


“You can open them now,” he said. Hermione’s eyes fluttered open and tears came to eyes.


“That’s amazing,” she whispered.


The stars in the sky had rearranged to for the words, ‘I Love You.’


“I don’t know what to say,” Hermione said breathlessly.


‘I take it you like,” Harry grinned.


“More than you could think!” she cried jumping on him and kissed him passionately.


“I love you,” he whispered between kisses.


“And I love you,” Hermione whispered.


That night they laid together under the stars enjoying the calmness of the night.


****Next Day****


“Bloody hell, I’m sore,” Harry complained collapsing on the couch next to Hermione.


“Aww, did Fred have you worked?” Hermione giggled while he laid his head on her lap.


“Bloody yes. I can’t move,” he groaned.


“Oh, I hope you feel better,” she said concerned.


“Mmm,” he mumbled. She smiled and stroked his hair.


“Mr. Potter? Miss Granger?” Professor McGonagall called walking in.


“Yes, Professor?” Hermione asked.


“Professor Dumbledore would like to speak to you now. It is very important,” Minerva requested.


Hermione slowly got up and helped Harry. Together, the three of them made their way to Dumbledore’s office.


“Unicorn Hair,” Minerva said. The gargoyle moved.


They arrived in Professor Dumbledore’s office and walked to him.


“You wanted to see us, sir?” Harry asked sitting down with Hermione.


“Yes, Harry. What I am about to tell you is terrifying.” Albus warned.


Harry and Hermione nodded for him to go on.


“I am afraid that the Dark Mark has appeared above the house of a Muggle neighborhood,” Albus said finally.


A/N: That’s it everyone! No more. Want a sequel? Well, let the majority decide! See you all next time!