Can't Decide to Love or Hate You by Liz21 Rating: R Genres: Drama, Romance Relationships: Draco & Ginny Book: Draco & Ginny, Books 1 - 5 Published: 09/04/2004 Last Updated: 12/07/2004 Status: Completed Ginny's heart is broken by the one man she's ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? 1. Chapter One -------------- Disclaimer: I own nothing except for my idea. Trust me, I would own Draco if I could. Summary: Ginny's heart is broken by the one man she's ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco's 7th year, Ginny's 6th I started this story almost a year ago on ff.net and decided that I should share it with this site also. I go under Liz21 at both sites. ****This is a D/G/H triangle almost, but it is focused around D/G and will end up D/G. In the story there are mentions of H/G and R/Hr are only talked about. **** ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Chapter One ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* "Ginny, I don't think we should see each other anymore." Ginny Weasley felt like her boyfriend literally ripped out her heart and stepped on it over and over again. Her stomach tightened in a knot; she suddenly could not breathe. She quickly searched Harry's sorrowful eyes, daring to believe him. "What?" she whispered, her trembling lips barely moving. Harry sighed and ran one of his hands through his messy hair. He always did this when he was in an uncomfortable situation. "Ginny, I'm sorry. You are a great person and a good friend, but I don't think we were meant to be together." Tears slowly slipped down Ginny's freckled cheeks. Harry was serious; he did not love her anymore. This wasn't supposed to happen. Ginny and Harry were supposed to be together, just like Ron and Hermione were. Ginny slowly shook her head. Half of Hogwarts were expecting them to get married and to grow old together. That's what she expected, something she dreamed of ever since she was ten years old. It was Harry's last year at Hogwarts and he was already throwing her away, breaking her heart. Harry gently let go of her trembling hands and went to wipe the tears off of her pale face. Ginny stepped back before he could touch her, not looking him in the face. "Don't," she whispered. More tears fell. She heard Harry step closer. "Ginny, please don't hate me," Ginny looked up at him. She was not sure if she was more upset or angry with him. "You told me you loved me," she whimpered, her voice slightly rising. "Ginny, I-Ginny please understand that I do love you. But I don't feel, don't feel." "Feel what, Harry?" Harry sighed again. "I don't feel anything between us. There's no fireworks or magic, Ginny." Ginny's throat felt tight. "How long did you feel this way, Harry?" Harry looked down at the floor. "Since the first time we kissed," he muttered. Ginny's eyes widened. The whole summer they were together, it's been fake. All of his words and promises were lies. She almost lost her virginity to someone who felt nothing for her. Ginny slowly took another step back from Harry. He quickly searched her pained face. "You do have a right to hate me for waiting this long to tell you, but I didn't want to ruin your summer." Anger quickly boiled in Ginny's blood. "Oh, but the first night of my sixth year is fine?" she screeched. Harry quickly shook his head, trying to quite her down. He grabbed her hand. "Don't touch me," Ginny snapped. Harry's grip only got tighter. "Ginny, I'm sorry for hurting you. Please understand that I do love you." Ginny's eyes narrowed with hate. With sudden strength she tore her hand from Harry's grip and slapped it hard across his cheek. "Don't you ever say those words to me again!" she yelled. Harry's eyes grew in shock as he touched his stinging, red cheek. "You used me," Ginny said in-between sobs. "You led me on until there was nothing left! Why would you do such a thing to me?" Harry stood there quietly, too shocked my Ginny's outburst to respond. He opened his mouth several times to respond, but nothing came out. He just stared at her with sorrowful eyes. Ginny slowly shook her head at him while taking a step back. "You stole my heart, Harry, and I'm not sure if I can ever get it back," she whispered. Taking one last look at Harry's frozen face, Ginny quickly walked away. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* By the time she turned the corner, Ginny broke into a mad run. She did not know where she was running to or for how long, but all she wanted to do was get away from Harry. Tears were pouring down her face like there was no tomorrow. She flew down the dark, empty corridors, not worrying about getting caught after curfew. The way her year was already starting out, she didn't really care if she got in trouble or not. Once her thin legs could not move another step, Ginny slumped against a stone wall, gasping for air. 'This isn't real,' Ginny thought. 'This is just a horrible dream. I'll wake up and Harry will still be my boyfriend. He'll tell me he loves me and he'll hold me tight.' She closed her eyes tightly, wanting so much to wake up. She reopened her eyes with disappointment. It wasn't a dream; it was real and it hurt. New tears quickly filled her eyes. She remembered when she first saw him at the 9 ¾ platform. She was positive that it was love at first sight. From that point on she didn't know when or how, but that her and Harry would be together, forever. Ginny frowned, remembering her conversation with her mother at the Burrow after they dropped off Ron for his first year. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* "Mommy?" ten year old Ginny asked in a high, happy voice. Mrs. Weasley was in the middle of making lunch just for the two of them. "Yes, dear?" Ginny sat down at the old table in the kitchen. She plopped her skinny elbows onto the surface and rested her left cheek in her left palm. She looked deep in thought. "Mommy, how do you know when you're in love?" Mrs. Weasley smiled widely as she looked at Ginny over her shoulder. "That's something you just know, Ginny. You can just feel it." Ginny looked at her mother with confusion. "Feel it? What do you mean?" Mrs. Weasley smiled again as she took the seat next to her daughter. She looked at Ginny and chose her words carefully. "Well, when you and a boy are together," she paused, hoping Ginny wasn't getting ideas that a ten year old shouldn't be getting. Studying her face and realizing she wasn't, Mrs. Wesley continued. "You feel light headed, but in a good way. You feel so happy, like everything is perfect. That's why if you're with a boy and he causes you pain, you shouldn't be with him." Ginny nodded her head, waiting for her mother to go on. Mrs. Weasley sighed with a smile. "And when you kiss," Ginny giggled, "It feels like magic. Magic only you and that very special boy can make together." Mrs. Weasley noticed that Ginny looked slightly confused so she added, "If fireworks had a feeling, it would be like that." Ginny nodded slowly. A wide smile crossed her face. "I'm in love with Harry Potter!" Mrs. Weasley laughed and kissed her daughter on the forehead. "Oh really?" Ginny nodded her head violently with excitement. "Yep! I love Harry Potter and one day he'll love me too and well end up happily ever after like that Cinderella girl in the Muggle book." "My baby is growing up so fast!" Mrs. Weasley said as she got up to finish making lunch. Ginny continued to sit at the table and daydreamed about her and Harry's future together. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny furiously wiped the tears off her face. She was such a foolish child; she practically set herself up for getting hurt. She slowly kicked herself off the wall and was finally aware of her surroundings. She had no clue where she was, except in a dark, cold hallway. She swallowed nervously. She hated being alone at night, especially in a mysterious place. It reminded her too much of her first year. She started to think of the diary when she heard footsteps down the hall. She was about to call out to them when she stopped herself. It could be a prefect, or worse, a teacher. As the footsteps were getting closer, Ginny quickly looked for a classroom to hide in. Her brown eyes flew to a door just a few feet away fro her. 'Perfect,' she thought to herself and put her hand on the door knob. Ginny started to open the door, only to freeze. The hinges squeaked loudly, causing the footsteps to stop. "Who's there?" asked a male voice. Ginny continued to stand still, hoping the mysterious male would go away. The steps quickly started up again. They were headed right towards her. 'Oh, fuck it,' she swore to herself. With one swift movement she fully opened the door and slipped inside. Once inside the room she closed the door and leaned her back against it, starting at a spiral staircase in the middle of the room. Shrugging her shoulders, she quickly ran to them. As she reached the top of the stairs, she heard someone else open the door. The person was following her. Panicked, Ginny looked around for a place to hide. Layers of dust lay over an old couch and a huge telescope. The room looked like an old astronomy tower. Ginny started to walk towards the couch when she heard a voice at the top of the stairs. "Gotch ya," it said, slightly out of breath. "Now turn around so I can see who I'm going to punish." Ginny sighed deeply as she turned around. She gasped with shock and annoyance. It was Draco Malfoy. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Draco rolled his eyes as he heard the student slip into a room. 'Honestly,' Draco thought as he followed the student, 'does he really think he can get away from me?' Once inside the room, Draco looked at the spiral staircase angrily. Every new school year the new Head Boy and Girl has a meeting with the prefects, giving them times to patrol the school. Draco, unfortunately, was given the midnight shift. Draco snarled as he began to climb the stairs. 'That stupid Mudblood Granger. Now that she's Head Girl she thinks she can boss me around.' His angry thoughts quickly left him as he came to the top. A head of long, fiery red hair caught his gray eyes. A smirk crossed his pale face. Catching a Weasley after curfew on the first night of school could even put Draco Malfoy in a good mood. Sure, it was the female version of his enemy Ron, but he wasn't that picky. Even her friend Granger couldn't get her out of trouble, he'd make sure of that. "Gotch ya," he said in a surprisingly happy voice, happy for a Malfoy that is. The Weasley froze mid-step. That only made Draco's smirk grow wider. "Now turn around so I can see who I'm going to punish." Sure, he knew who it was, Jenny.no.Ginny, but he wouldn't even think of giving her a head start. He heard the red head sigh loudly and watched her turn around. Draco heard her gasp somewhere in the back of his head but was in so much shock that he took no note of it. Was this girl-no-woman really a Weasley? His wide eyes glanced at her bright hair and freckles. Yep, the classic Weasley trademark. Draco realized he was staring at Ginny, but he couldn't help it. The last time he saw her was at the end of his sixth year. She was all gawky, had way too many freckles and not enough chest. The summer definitely did her good. Draco slowly ran his eyes over her body. She grew into her scrawny body and her chest certainly filled out. Her Hogwarts uniform seemed extravagant on her curvy body; giving Draco a slight idea of how fit she was underneath. He especially enjoyed the skirt that landed well above her knees. Even her red hair didn't make him want to vomit. It draped over her narrow shoulders, curling at the ends. He brought his eyes back to hers. The eyes looked the same dull brown, but there was something about them that set him off. They reminded him of his own, all hard and closed up. Not that it mattered; she was still the most beautiful sight he has ever seen. 'Most beautiful?' Draco mentally shook himself. Did he really just use the word beautiful to describe a Weasley? If Ginny noticed the looks Draco gave her, she made no note of it. She knew since last year that Draco Malfoy was handsome; growing out of his ferret phase into a tall, lean man. Quidditch provided him with board shoulders and muscular arms. Ginny could only image that his whole body was muscular. Ginny's eyes grew wide at her own thoughts. Was she just thinking of Malfoy's body? Her thoughts were quickly distracted by his face. His white-blonde hair was still slicked back, and his gray eyes were as cold as ever, so why couldn't she keep her eyes off of him? His pale face was too perfect. He reminded her of a porcelain doll. Why did it take her this long to notice him like this? She knew the answer, wishing she didn't think of it. Harry. She was too hung up on Harry to even take careful notice of the male population. Ginny suddenly hated that name. Hated it for causing her pain. Tears started to well up in her eyes. 'Don't cry,' she pleaded with herself. She would not cry in front of Malfoy, she would not. She did. Seeing Ginny crying snapped Draco back into reality. He scolded himself for looking at her like, well, like he was interested in her. He quickly replaced his open mouth with a smirk. He had to make up for his careless slip. Damn hormones. Draco took a threatening step towards her. "What's the matter, Weasley? Potter not as good in bed as you thought?" Ginny narrowed her eyes at him. "Don't talk about something you don't understand, Malfoy," she gritted through her teeth. Draco's eyes widened slightly. She had guts, talking to a Malfoy like that. She obviously wasn't a little mouse any more. Draco quickly returned the glare. "What's there to understand? Your whole lovey-dovey display with him last spring was enough to make me vomit. Potter and Weasley, together, forever. God, you'll have fucked up children." Draco waited for her to start sticking up for Harry, but it never came. Ginny stared at the floor still crying. Draco shifted uncomfortably. He hated it when women cried. He never knew what to do, unless it was a Gryffindor. Then he tried to make them cry harder. Draco began ripping on her, using all of his lines about her being poor, her family, and even the famous Harry Potter. Nothing. She didn't say one word. Draco sighed with annoyance. Silence was not what he was hoping for. He was supposed to take enjoyment in being a mean Slytherin and watch her go run off to her boyfriend Potter, crying the whole way. Draco's train of thought stopped suddenly, looking at Ginny with evil eyes. "Doesn't Potter love you anymore?" That got her attention. Ginny snapped her head up. Her tears quickly stopped as she glared up at Draco. If looks could kill, he'd be dead right now. "Don't you ever say that word to me again!" she yelled. Draco almost stepped back in shock. This was not what he was expecting. He quickly composed himself. "What? Afraid of the word love?" Ginny quickly advanced on Draco until they were only a step away. She was definitely taller than he thought, and more intimidating. Her eyes leveled with his mouth and she looked furious. "Love is a silly word that only little girls use," she growled. The tint in her face was slowly matching the color of her hair. Draco was going to comment that it was a great word for teenage boys to use to get a girl in bed, but Ginny wasn't finished. "It's a word that is used way too much that people don't even mean it anymore." She took a breath and almost whispered, "Only fools fall in love. I refuse to be one of those fools again." Draco stared at her in surprise. For once, a Malfoy was completely speechless in front of a Weasley. She was a prime target for his insults, but nothing came to his mind. He just stood there as Ginny walked away for him and plopping herself on the couch. "What, no crude remarks?" Draco snapped his eyes towards Ginny. The moonlight poured through the window and onto her, making her glow like an angel. She wiped away her dry tears, staring at nothing in particular. She looked pitiful. Completely forgetting about punishing her, Draco walked towards her slowly. "So, Potter broke your heart?" "Leave me alone, Malfoy," Ginny pleaded before she moved her stare towards the window. Draco smirked. "You're not going to get Potter back by turning cold." Ginny turned her head to Draco, looking confused. "What the hell are you babbling about?" Draco rolled his eyes in annoyance as he sat down next to her on the couch. "I'm not stupid, Weasley. You've been Potter's fan club since day one. You're not going to give up on him that easily." Ginny slowly shook her head, never taking her eyes off of him. "You're wrong, Malfoy," she said quietly. "But I do want to get him back, just not your way." Draco tilted his head slightly. "Go on." "I want revenge." Draco was about to start laughing his ass off when her serious face shut him up. "You're serious?" he questioned, never keeping his eyes off of her. Ginny slowly nodded her head. "Something just snapped when he broke up with me. I could literally feel him pull out my heart." she trailed off and looked at Draco. He was actually listening, like he cared. "I really don't know why I'm telling you this, Malfoy." Draco hardly blinked his gray eyes. Her new feelings towards Potter intrigued him, and it also explained the cold look in her eyes. "Yes you do," he said arrogantly. "You want my help." Ginny burst out laughing. "Me, a Weasley, ask a Malfoy for help?" She continued to giggle as if it was the funniest thing she ever heard. Draco narrowed his eyes at her, shooting daggers. Once she calmed down she said with a smile, "Now tell me, Ferret Boy, why do I need your help?" "Well, Weasel, we both know how much I hate Potter." "So, what's your point?" Draco sighed loudly. "Think, Weasley! What would piss off Potter more than anything?" "Well, talking to you is enough to." "Exactly!" Draco nearly screamed. Ginny jumped slightly. She has never seen Draco this excited. "Us two together would bite him right in the ass. It's perfect." "I'm still not following, Malfoy," Ginny said slowly. Draco smiled at her. "Weasley, will you be my fake girlfriend?" Ginny nearly choked on her own laughter. "You-you want to." she had to stop talking through her mad giggles. Draco stared at her, mad beyond belief. "No one laughs at a Malfoy!" he snapped. And to think, he almost helped a Weasley. He was a disgrace to the name Malfoy. He quickly sat us from the couch, planning on storming off when Ginny quickly grabbed his hand. "I'm sorry," she said still smiling. "That was just not what I was expecting, at all." Draco narrowed his eyes at her. "Forget it, Weasel. I don't want to associate myself with a poor, mudblood lover anyways." Ginny stood up from the couch, never letting go of his hand. "I'll choose to ignore that it you don't go off and cry to your daddy." "Why you little-" "So, this idea of yours," Ginny interrupted as she let go of Draco's hand. "You really think that it would piss off Harry?" Draco nodded. "Are you kidding me? I think he'd shit his pants if he saw me with his fan club. And pissing off your brother would be a huge plus." "That's suicide!" Ginny responded. She didn't even think of Ron. "And I want revenge on Harry, not Ron." She did want to live to see her sixteenth birthday. "Come on, Weasley," Draco smirked. "Do you really think your brother is completely innocent in all of this? He probably knew from day one. Guys do talk, you know." Ginny sighed. He was probably right. Knowing Ron, he figured Ginny would be better off getting played then breaking the news to her. "So, what's your exact plan?" "Well," Draco answered. "It's sort of like a team effort. We both piss Potter off by being together. It might take awhile, but I would bet my family fortune that we'll both get back at him in our own ways." Ginny looked at Draco curiously. "What do you have on him to get back at him for?" Draco grinned. "In general? Just for having to put up with him." Ginny laughed. "Okay, Malfoy." Draco's face went blank. "Okay?" Ginny smiled slightly. "Okay, I'll be your fake girlfriend." Draco's face broke into an evil grin. "Let the good times begin," he said as he left Ginny alone in the old astronomy tower. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Thanks for reading!! Please review and tell me what you think! Liz21 2. Chapter Two -------------- Disclaimer: I own nothing except for my idea. Trust me, I would own Draco if I could. Summary: Ginny's heart is broken by the one man she's ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco's 7th year, Ginny's 6th I started this story almost a year ago on ff.net and decided that I should share it with this site also. I go under Liz21 at both sites ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Chapter Two ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny hesitantly opened her eyes the next morning. Apart of her wished that if she never opened her eyes, she wouldn't have to face today. Today was officially the first day that Harry Potter is her ex-boyfriend. She could no longer cuddle with him on the couch or whisper sweet nothings into his ear. She could no longer feel safe in his arms and be happy with the world. Right at this moment, the world sucked. She was actually set on staying in bed all day when her roommate Riley came over to her bed. "Ginny," she said loudly, "Ginny, wake up! You're going to be late for breakfast!" Ginny moaned at her loud voice, only making her tighten her hold on her blankets. "Go away," she mumbled into her pillows. All she wanted to do was sleep and forget about everything. Yes, sleeping and ignoring the problem would help. Riley groaned with frustration. She quickly clenched the soft, warm blankets on top of Ginny and threw them onto the ground in a flash. Ginny managed to hold in a yelp from the sudden blast of coldness, but squirmed enough to where Riley got a good grasp on her pillow. Once that accompanied the blankets, Ginny sat up frustrated. Before giving Riley a quick glare, she rubbed her sleepy eyes, still puffy and red from crying so much last night. Riley's annoyed face quickly turned to concern. "Gin, are you okay?" she asked softly. Ginny looked up at her friend, almost ready to burst into tears all over again when she stopped herself. Today was a fresh new day, and if she wanted to get a go on her plan, she might as well start right now. No more tears should be wasted on Harry. That's what Harry would like to see, wouldn't it? To see that he was the one that made her weak and fragile, making her hopeless without him. If she wanted any type of revenge, she had to be strong. Ginny managed a fake smile. "No, nothing's wrong. Why do you ask?" Riley looked at Ginny with questioning eyes. "It's just that, well, there was this rumor going around last night that you and Harry broke up." Ginny felt her heart clench into a knot. Did the whole school already know about her misery? Did he not even bother keeping a secret and sparing her feelings? Close to tears, Ginny quickly got up from her bed and walked towards the door towards the girl's showers. "Oh, that little thing? No big deal, really. We both agreed that it wasn't working out and you know, all that," Ginny lied quickly, hoping that Riley would believe her. Riley gave her another measuring look before nodding her head, leaving Ginny to walk to the showers. Once the water was on and she was sure no one would hear her, Ginny completely broke down. She wasn't sure if she was more wet by the water or her own tears. She sat on the tile floor with her arms around her knees, praying that she would drown. This whole acting strong thing was going to be harder than she thought. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Draco waited impatiently outside of the Great Hall. He shook his head, just remembering how long it took him to get his two goons, Crabbe and Goyle, to leave him alone before breakfast. They were actually set on standing by his side as usual, until they took one look at the mounds of food on the table. Before Draco knew it, his 'friends' left him for food. Draco shook his head in annoyance as he gracefully leaned against the wall, his arms crossing against his chest. Why was he waiting like this? Why would he, a Malfoy, actually take time out of his busy life to have a little chat with a certain Weasley? And why is she so goddamn late? Just as Draco's stomach growled in hunger, he caught a glance of red hair in the corner of his eyes. He turned towards it, only for his face to twitch in disgust. Ginny's eyes were puffy and red with visible tear marks on her cheeks. Her hair was slightly tangled, as if combing took too much effort. Her usually pale face looked even paler, which did not go well with her hair color. Draco looked her up and down, and when she was close enough he said to her, "You look like shit." Ginny scrunched her face in annoyance. "Good morning to you too," she growled. Ignoring Ginny's reply, Draco kicked himself off of the wall and took a step closer to her. "Can't you at least use a glamour spell to hide your face? I mean, you might as well wear a sign around your neck that says 'Crying over Potter is what I do best'." Ginny narrowed her eyes at Draco dangerously. "Shove it, Malfoy," she snapped. "I guess crying over someone you care about is a hard thing for you to understand without a heart and all." Draco shook his head angrily at her. "I don't know why I'm wasting my time to help you, Weasel." He made a move to end the conversation with retreating back into the Great Hall when Ginny sighed impatiently and grabbed his forearm. "I'm sorry for saying the truth, Malfoy, but let's just both shut up and get this thing over with." She released her hand from him and stuck it out in front of him. Draco stared at the frozen hand curiously. "What, do you want to shake?" Ginny groaned in frustration. Maybe his social skills are what kept him from making Head Boy. "No, you idiot. Hold my hand." Draco's face scrunched in disgust. "Why the hell would I do a thing like that?" "Oh, I'm sorry. Were you not there last night for the whole 'fake girlfriend' thing?" Ginny said sarcastically. "I don't remember being there to discuss touching each other. I don't want Weasley cooties." Ginny took her hand and let her forehead rest on it. She could have easily gone into another row with Draco about him acting like a five year old, but her stomach told her to get the show on the road. "Look, Malfoy. We have to do something to convince Harry that we're a couple. Even Ron won't buy us 'being together' by us just claiming we are. We have to give everybody a little show." Draco looked at her silently. Who would have thought that Draco Malfoy was repelled by holding a girl's hand? Draco was far from being prude, but he wasn't willing to just throw himself at her. Draco nodded his head in agreement, but then voiced his own opinion. "Wouldn't it be a little odd if the night after you and Potter broke up, we waltzed in there holding hands? Everyone would know we were up to something. We need to give them something they would buy." "How about flirting?" Ginny asked. "I mean, that's usually how most couples start off." "Unless you've been obsessed with someone since before you could talk, you mean," Draco added slyly. "Malfoy," Ginny said in clenched teeth, "All of your comments are getting really old so shut your." "You know, we have to start calling each other by our first names," Draco interrupted. "I don't think anyone will take Ferret and Weasel as pet names." Ginny stared up into his gray eyes. This was beginning to be more a pain in the ass than she was ready for. "Okay, Malfoy, I mean, Draco. Now will you please just touch my boob or something so I can eat?" Draco's usually expressionless face brightened with laughter. "Damn, Weasley, you move fast. Why won't we just screw this whole revenge thing and go shag in the broom closet?" "It's Ginny to you," Ginny said loudly. "And you better show some kind of interest in me before I just dump this brilliant idea of yours." A smirk crossed Draco's face. "Is that what you want, Ginny?" Draco stepped away from her and popped his blonde head into the Great Hall, staring at the Gryffindor's table. "Because Potter looks plenty happy without you." Ginny quickly joined his side and followed his gaze. He was right; Harry was sitting with Ron and Hermione at the table, laughing as he ate his bacon. He acted as if nothing important happened last night. Maybe nothing important did happen. Maybe he was finally happy that he got rid of her. Biting her trembling lip, Ginny looked up into Draco's eyes. She hated how her misery could cause him so much happiness. Sighing with frustration, Ginny moved them so they were now standing in the center of the doorway. Draco gave her a curious look as she whispered, "Just play along." Draco was about to question on what she was planning on when her giggles suddenly filled the Great Hall. Draco looked at her with wide eyes, slightly aware that every pair of eyes in the room was also looking at them. Ginny just continued to giggle as if Draco said the funniest thing to her. Ginny gave him a quick menacing look before saying, "Sure I'll meet you later at the lake, Draco. Just promise you won't be late." Draco sighed with annoyance. He'd much rather grab her boob than play along in her little skit. "Would I ever keep you waiting, Ginny?" he added with force. Ginny smiled brightly in response, hoping that everyone, mainly a certain Gryffindor, could see her happy expression. Satisfied, she was about to walk away when Draco grabbed her hand and stopped her. Draco was intent on letting her go when he glanced at Potter's face. His expression was somewhere between confusion and jealousy, and it gave Draco a whole new meaning to life. He never thought of the possibility of Potter being jealous over him. Truthfully, it was always Draco who hated him with jealousy over his real friends and even his real talent in Quidditch. The famous Potter had everything happen so easily to him, and Draco could never have easy. For once in Draco's life, Harry Potter may actually be jealous of him. So wouldn't it be proper for Draco to rub it in his face? Ginny looked at him curiously, silently asking him what he wanted. Draco flashed a smile in response, and before she could try and walk away again, he quickly took his wand from his pocket and created a single red rose. Making sure that everyone got a glimpse of its full, glittering petals and its perfect form, Draco handed it to Ginny. Ginny stared at the flower in wonder, fully unaware of who gave it to her and for what reason. No one in her whole life has ever given her a flower, unless she counts the time that Fred and George gave her flowers that spit flour into her face every time she went to smell them. Unsure of what to do exactly, Ginny carefully lifted the rose up to her nostrils and inhaled the sweet perfume. She looked up into Draco's eyes and smiled shyly before walking over to the Gryffindor table. Fully unaware that the Great Hall was dead silent and every head turned when she walked passed, Ginny quietly sat down at the table, holding the rose carefully. She was about to put it down so she could eat when it was pulled out of her hands. "What is this all about, Ginny?" Ron asked angrily as he shook the red flower. Ginny looked at him in surprise. She didn't even realize that she just sat next to him; it was probably just out of habit. Or maybe something else, no, someone else led her to sit there. Completely ignoring Ron, Ginny mustered all of her Gryffindor courage and looked at the boy sitting across the table from her. Harry looked at her, then the rose in Ron's hand, and then back at her, the whole time silent. Ginny too sat there silently, content on searching his face. His green eyes bore into her, silently asking what the hell she was doing. Ginny's bottom lip started to tremble when she looked into his face, knowing that he was the one who broke her heart. But then how could he still look at her with those caring eyes that made her melt inside? She furiously bit her lip, determined that she was done with crying. Deep down she knew this would be hard, but instead of being upset, she would get revenge. Tearing her eyes away from Harry, Ginny looked at her angry brother. "What do you mean, Ron?" she asked innocently. Ron stared at her as if she was stupid. "You and Malfoy! I heard you giggling at him and then he gave you-he gave you." "A flower," Ginny said slowly. Ron's face started to turn a violent shade of red. "I don't care if it's a bloody bag full of galleons! The whole point is Malfoy gave it to you and you accepted it! What the hell do you think you're doing?" Ginny took a slice of toast and buttered it as if she had all the time in the world. "I don't believe that what I think is any of your business, Ron," she said. Her voice was calm, but she knew she was pushing all the wrong buttons. Ron glared at her, his temper bursting inside of him. "Just because Harry broke it off doesn't mean you have to go throw yourself at the next guy you bump into!" Ginny's knife froze on her slice of toast as she heard Hermione gasp in surprise. Did Ron just really say that out loud, while her and Harry were both there? She felt Hermione kick Ron under the table, but couldn't concentrate on that. Even though she was staring at her food as if it was the most interesting piece of artwork she has ever seen, she felt Harry's eyes on her. She could feel the tension now surrounding all of them. As much effort as it took, Ginny placed the knife onto the table and looked right up at Harry. She was right; he was staring right at her. His eyes widened slightly at Ron's comment, but they were so hard to read. Was it sadness? Embarrassment? Jealousy? Anger? Regret, maybe? Never taking her eyes off of Harry, Ginny said to Ron, "And just because Harry broke it off, doesn't mean I have to wait around for him to take me back." And with that she grabbed her toast and left the Great Hall. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Too hungry to ignore the Slytherins' glares, Draco sat down and immediately dug into some buttermilk pancakes. Nothing had ever tasted so good to him. His stomach finally happy, he was about to take a drink from his pumpkin juice when a voice filled the room. "What is this all about, Ginny?" Draco raised his gray eyes over the cup he was drinking out of to see Ron shaking the misery out of the poor flower. An angry Weasley usually made Draco happy, but knowing that he was the cause of his anger delighted him. This would be more fun than he thought. Completely ignoring Ginny and Ron's family feud, Draco was about to continue with his breakfast when Pansy Parkinson nudged her foot with his to get his attention. Rather annoyed she chose to bother him; Draco turned his head towards her and glared at her. "What?" he asked in his best Malfoy voice. Pansy rolled her eyes at his attempt to frighten her. Long were the days when she would have trembled at his touch or voice. As his closest friend, she knew him as close as a Malfoy would let anyone get to know them. But flirting with a Weasley, and a Gryffindor at that, was the last thing Pansy would have expected from Draco. "What?" she whispered sternly. "You really don't know? Take a look at your house and then maybe something will bite you in the ass!" Knowing that she wouldn't leave him alone until he did so, Draco took a quick glance at the Slytherins. In between bites of food most of them were giving him looks of shock, anger, or just plain confusion. Draco rolled his eyes at them. Honestly, did he really care what his house thought of? Did they really think that by giving him a nasty look he would immediately break off this whole thing with Ginny? Draco turned his gaze back to Pansy. He was about to tell her to leave him be when a flash of red crossed the Great Hall. Not making anything of it, Draco made a second attempt to go back to eating when he once again had the feeling of someone watching him. Quite sick of all this watching and expecting, Draco looked up to see the whole room once again staring at him, waiting for him to do something. Draco looked over to see Ginny gone, realizing that they were all expecting him to run after her or something. Draco sighed loudly. It was beginning to be a pain to pretend to care about someone. Grabbing an apple, Draco strutted out the Great Hall after her, robes bellowing and all. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny sat underneath a tree right besides the lake, munching on her toast sadly. After looking at Harry's face, she had no desire to eat, but the food was the only thing keeping her from crying. Half way through her toast she looked up to someone walking towards her. The person's richly made robes bellowed gracefully behind him, his perfect slicked back hair shining in the sunlight. Ginny groaned in annoyance. Couldn't he just leave her alone for one minute? "What do you want?" she asked, her annoyance in her tone. Draco looked at her with equal annoyance. "Don't act like I ran after you on my own free will," he spat. "The whole room was waiting for me to run after you and just sweep you up in my arms or something. Trust me, if I had a choice I would have just flat out ignored you, or make you cry harder." "Do you see any tears?" she asked him angrily. Draco sighed heavily and sat down next to her. Taking a bite from his apple he asked, "So what made you run out? Couldn't take the wrath of your prat of a brother?" Ginny threw the remains of her toast into the lake and watched the giant squid take it under. "Ron could scream at me all he wants and I wouldn't care. It's my life, not his." "So what was it?" Ginny looked at Draco's perfect face. For a minute there he sounded like he cared, but as usual his face was emotionless. "He just brought the reality into Harry breaking up with me, that's all." She sighed loudly. "Draco, we have to get this plan into action. I don't think I can take Harry looking at me all weird any longer. Let's just hit him big right away." Draco smiled at her hungry attitude. "We could always shag each other in his bed, that might get his attention." Ginny scrunched her face at him. "Is that all you ever think of? Shagging?" Draco doubled his wicked smile. "I am a teenage boy, aren't I?" Suddenly he stopped in deep thought, his face flashed with horror. "What?" Ginny asked him. Draco looked at her angrily. "Because of you I'm going to have to wait awhile for a shag." "Excuse me?" "Well if we're 'dating', it would be a little odd if I went up to the astronomy tower with other girls." Draco glared at her. "Thanks a lot. This is all your fault." Ginny couldn't help but laugh at him. He acted as if not getting action was the hardest thing to deal with in his life. And he thought she was dramatic? Draco frowned at her. There she was, laughing at him again. "Yeah, well you still look like shit," he added quickly, hoping that would shut her up. It didn't. It just made her laugh harder at him. "Okay, Draco. Whatever you say," she said through smiles. Laughing at Draco was already making her day a little better. Maybe this plan won't be as bad as she was expecting. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Please review!!! Liz21 3. Chapter Three ---------------- Disclaimer: Hey guys, J.K. Rowling just called me and said that Draco is all mine, so I will just be leaving now. No, wait, I still do not own anything but my idea and Draco is still not mine. Damnit! Summary: Ginny’s heart is broken by the one man she’s ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco’s 7th year, Ginny’s 6th ********************** Chapter 3 ~*flashback*~ *The cool spring breeze threatened to ruffle Draco’s perfect, slicked back hair as he relaxed underneath an oak tree. A few puffy, white clouds filled the dazzling blue sky, and birds from the Forbidden Forest sang a joyful song. From where he sat he had a clear view of the lake on his left where many students sat by to take a break from studying. Draco frowned at all of them having fun, laughing with each other while he sat all alone. Not that he minded; he did order Goyle and Crabbe to leave him be. And alone time he did want until a certain four Gryffindors decided to join the relaxation by the lake. Draco’s gray eyes stared at them with disgust. Ron Weasley was gently tugging on Hermione’s bushy hair as she tried to read a book, hoping to distract her for a moment. Draco noticed that even though she paid Weasley no attention, a smile did creep across her face. Draco shook his head at the two. He knew they were together for quite some time, but if their relationship consisted of Weasley being a pest and Granger being a bookworm, he had to wonder about their sex life. Bored with them, he turned his attention to the other two Gryffindors. The famous Harry Potter lay back on his elbows, looking all high and mighty. Draco’s mouth frowned with annoyance at Potter’s messy black hair and his dorky glasses. Why everyone thought he was so special, Draco did not know. Just because he just finally defeated the Dark Lord did not mean anything. Draco was about to retreat back into the cold dungeons of the Slytherin house when he noticed the fourth of the Dream Team. He knew it to be Weasley’s little sister, the red hair and freckles clearly gave that away, but why she was with them he did not know. It was a known fact in Hogwarts that Ginny Weasley followed Potter around like a puppy dog since day one, but something did not seem right here. Instead of her being shy and hiding in the corner, her face was smiling and she was laughing. And instead of Potter trying to be the saint he was and pretend to be her friend, he seemed to be enjoying her company. The young, female Weasley was leaning over Potter’s laid back form, her fiery red hair gently touching his cheeks. It was when she leaned down to give Potter a soft kiss did Draco’s eyes open wide. That was something he did not expect to see. His first instinct was to upchuck behind the tree, hoping no one would notice. He never knew that such a sight could cause him to feel physically ill. But then another feeling hit him. Jealousy. Draco scrunched up his face in confusion. Why was he, Draco Lucius Malfoy, jealous of Potter and his scrawny, poor, Mudblood-loving girlfriend? Who cares that Potter always had people who cared about him wherever he went. Who cares if Potter could find love just like that. Draco snorted at his mixed emotions. It was not as if he would want someone to care for him like Weaslette cared for Potter. Why people wanted love puzzled him. Love was for those who were weak, and Draco was definitely not weak. He was brought up to only know strength and power, and taught that love and emotions could get in the way of that. Who needed love and friends when you had money and power? The bright sun shone over Hermione whom finally gave up her book in an attempt of a tickle attack by Ron. Hearing Hermione’s giggles, Ginny looked up from Harry, only to be wrestled to the ground by him when she least expected it. Her shrieks of happiness filled the grounds, causing everyone else to look at them with a smile. The oak tree’s branches blocked out the sunlight, causing Draco to sit alone in the darkness. Everyone around him people laughed and couples showed each other their affection. Draco stood up and stalked back to the castle, going unnoticed and uncared for.* ~*end flashback* ~ ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny walked to her last class of the day, trying to ignore the stares of students in the hallways. It was the day after her and Draco’s scene during breakfast, and since then she purposely avoided Ron, Harry, Hermione, and even Draco. She did not want to have to deal with him when they were not putting on an act. The gossip about her and Draco ‘being together’ was staring to die down thankfully, but it certainly caught everyone’s attention, even though it was meant to just get Harry’s. She could not get the look on Harry’s face out of her mind. It tore her up inside to do this to him, but then again he was the one that lead her to be in this situation. So it was only fair to give him what he deserves, right? Ginny turned the corner sharply without looking, only to crash head on into an unfortunate student. Books flying and Ginny almost falling over, she promptly went on her knees to pick everything up, half aware that her victim also bent over to help. ”I am so sorry,” Ginny said without looking up. “I am so clumsy, this happens all the time.” ”Trust me, I know from experience,” the person said, his voice filled with nervousness and forced laughter. Ginny’s hand paused over her Potions book; fully aware of whom she bumped into. ‘Why him,’ she thought to herself. ‘Why him of all the people I could have crashed into?’ Ginny did not know how long her hand hovered over her belongings until a rough hand held it softly. “Ginny, please look at me.” Ginny’s eyes swept up to Harry’s face, not knowing what to say or do. Once Ginny gave him her full attention, Harry grasped her hand tightly and pulled her into standing position. As hard as she tried not to look into his eyes, she knew it was a loosing battle. So there she stood, a few inches away from Harry, staring into his eyes as he held her hand, right in the middle of the hallway with even an audience to watch. ”Ginny, what is going on with you and Malfoy?” Harry asked quietly, not wanting to cause a scene. Ginny opened her mouth to reply, but nothing came out. She and Draco did have a great plan, but she never thought about what she would say to Harry, or Ron, or anyone that asked. She actually hoped that everyone would just assume she moved on and would not play 20 Questions. ”Well you see,” Ginny started to say when she suddenly felt a strong arm wrap around her waist. She turned her head, surprised to see Draco, but also thankful for sparing her from answering Harry. Draco looked at Harry with both disgust and glee, who was still holding Ginny’s hand. “I do not believe she is yours to touch anymore, Potter,” Draco said with a smirk. Harry ignored Draco’s remark and continued to hold Ginny’s hand, waiting for an answer. Ginny looked up at Draco for help, seeing that he was rather enjoying the awkward moment. Annoyed at him, she silently wished he would jump in and save her, only realizing that he did his part by showing up. Sooner or later she too would have to play along and pretend she wanted nothing to do with Harry anymore. No one said revenge was easy. Her eyes back on Harry, she pulled her hand away as if it hurt to touch him. Harry’s eyes widened at her sudden movement, his hand still out in front of him. Ginny heard Draco give a soft chuckle, but silenced him with a quick jab in the ribs. At that moment the bell rang through the corridors, warning the students who were stalling that they were going to be late to class. Everyone brushed past the three teenagers with quick glances, and a minute later they were the only ones left. Harry and Ginny continued their silent staring contest, and the only movement that was made was Harry’s arm falling limp to his side. Ginny began to wonder how long they were going to stand there and not talk when Draco’s annoying self saved the day. “Better run off to class like a good boy, Potter,” Draco said with a smirk. “You don’t want Mudblood Granger getting mad at you for missing something educational.” Harry narrowed his eyes at Draco’s comment, and with no words spoken, he moved to pass the two and be on his way. When he passed Ginny he stopped for a second to search her face once more for the Ginny he thought he knew. Ginny tore her eyes away from him and stared at the ground until she finally heard him walk away. The final bell rang, alerting Ginny that she was now officially late to Potions. Praying that Snape would not punish her too harshly for being tardy, she made a move to pick up her books when she realized that a certain person was still holding onto to her very tightly. “Draco?” “Yes?” “Harry’s not here anymore so you can let me go.” Draco looked down at his arm wrapped around her body, jumping back at the sight. He did not even notice that he was still touching her. Ginny smiled at his expression of disgust and shock. “What? Afraid you are going to get the deadly Weasley cooties?” Draco narrowed his eyes at her. “Ha ha, very funny” he said as he regained his cool appearance. “And we both know you liked it” he added with a half-smile. Who did not enjoy his touch? Ginny rolled her eyes as she bent over to finally pick up her belongings. “Oh yes” Ginny said with no emotion in her voice. “I want you so bad Draco, please touch me again.” Noticing her sarcasm, Draco looked down at her to give her another threatening Malfoy glare only to find her bending over, her bottom sticking up in the air. His first reaction was to quickly look away, hoping she would not look up and think that he was checking her out. But after he made no move to avert his eyes in the other direction, that was exactly what he was doing. Draco found himself staring at it, noticing its perfect roundness, and suddenly wanting very much to do what she just asked him to do. “Could you repeat that last comment, Ginny?” Draco asked innocently and calmly, though his heart was beating a different rhythm than it was a minute ago. Ginny sighed with annoyance, knowing perfectly well he heard her the first time. “Please touch me, Draco, please I am dying without your touch,” she said in her flat, annoyed voice as she reached for her quill. Draco smirked at her, his eyes gleaming. “As you wish,” he whispered. As he gracefully walked by her, he took his left hand and smacked it hard across her bottom, not hesitating to grab it before loosing contact. His sudden movement caused Ginny to fall over on top of her collected books with a shriek. Ginny pushed herself up with her hands and stared at Draco with surprise as he continued to walk down the hallway, his black robes bellowing at his every step. He waved his hand at her over his shoulder, not bothering to at least help her up. Ginny’s groans of frustration filled the empty corridors, leaving a smile of satisfaction on Draco’s face. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Hope everyone liked my little ending! Please review and I hope you liked it. Liz21 4. Chapter Four --------------- Disclaimer: I accepted the fact that I own nothing except for my idea. I also accepted the fact that anything Harry Potter related is not mine. But I refuse to give up on owning Draco Malfoy! Maybe if I ask J.K Rowling for him...it could be a Christmas present. Summary: Ginny's heart is broken by the one man she's ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco's 7th year, Ginny's 6th I started this story almost a year ago on ff.net and decided that I should share it with this site also. I go under Liz21 at both sites For everyone who reviews, I'll share Draco with you once I get him! ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Chapter Four ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Draco smiled at himself. The episode in the hallway went perfectly well. He saw jealously flash in Harry's eyes, and now that Draco knows what it feels like to have The-Boy-Who-Lived jealous over him, he craved more. He has always had a knack for picking on Potter, annoying him, and basically trying to be as rude as possible to him, but no amount of bullying or bragging could equal making Potter jealous. Draco's smile grew more into a smirk as he thought about how much fun he was going to have playing with Potter. And fun he better have. He didn't know that else to do, now that playing Slytherin Sex God was out of the question. 'Damn Weasley,' Draco thought with a frown. Although it was still the first week of school, Draco could have easily had a shag by now. No sex was starting to get to him. He was becoming more restless, more uneasy, and definitely more turned on. Draco shuddered slightly at the flashback of grabbing Ginny's ass. It seemed such a good idea at the time, and he was positive that any male would do just as he did. But the fact that he was aroused by it frightened him. He kept on telling himself it was the lack of sex, and half of him did believe it. But the other half? Draco's thoughts gradually ceased to nothing as his eyes grew heavier. Professor Binns always had a habit of putting him right to sleep with his boring lectures, and as best as he tried, Draco could not pay attention. Draco half heard his professor talking about some goblin rebellion in 1892, but it suddenly seemed so far away. Giving up entirely, Draco laid his head down on his desk in a very un-Malfoy manner and surrendered himself to sleep with a certain red head still on his mind. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Dinner just ended, and after a delicious meal of roast beef and potatoes, Draco fancied himself for a walk around the lake alone. Nothing could ever beat walks at night when the dark night sky was clear with stars and the air was crisp. The September weather was starting to cool down, and a slight breeze stirred the leaves on the ground. All was silent except for Draco's footsteps, making crunches on the dead leaves as he walked on. He went to pass by the lake when he paused to view the moonlight pouring onto the reflection of the water. Draco casually bent down and grasped a small pebble, throwing it across the smooth surface. Ripples developed slowly as Draco stood there watching, arms placed on his sides. He was so entranced at the sight that he did not hear another set of footsteps crunching on the leaves nearby. Draco jumped slightly as someone joined him and slid their hand into his. Surprised, he turned his body to the intruder, eyes growing wide at who it was. "Ginny?" he whispered, afraid to raise his voice in such a silent night. Ginny responded by taking a step closer to him. The moonlight highlighted her face, bringing out her gorgeous features. Her brown eyes twinkled, despite the dullness they usually carried. Her small nose was sprinkled with light freckles, which led down to her pale cheekbones. Draco's eyes paused at her lips. They were pink and full, looking soft to the touch and pure to the mind. Subconsciously Draco licked his own lips, and slowly brought his eyes back up to meet her own. She reminded him of an angel. A beautiful angel that he should not be allowed to touch, but yet he was. Draco looked down at their entwined hands. What was going on here? Something in the back of his mind told him to pull away before anyone could get hurt, but his body would not act upon it. Ginny's delicate thumb rubbed up and down his forefinger, sending shivers down Draco's spine. Draco quickly looked back into Ginny's eyes, his heart beating fast. Draco opened his mouth to question her once more when she took a step closer, leaving them only inches apart. She was so close that he could have counted every freckle on her face, and apart of him could have stayed like that all night to do so. Draco hesitantly brought his free hand up to her face, debating whether or not he should dare to touch something so beautiful. With a deep breath, he brushed his hand against her cheek, barely touching her skin. Ginny closed her eyes softly at the presence of his touch, only encouraging Draco not to stop. He trailed it to her fiery red hair, tangling his fingers into its thickness. Freeing his other hand from hers, he placed his fingers under her narrow chin, gently lifting it up towards his. His movement caused Ginny's eyes to flutter open, staring right into his gray orbs. Draco stared at her for only a moment, but what felt like an eternity. 'I shouldn't do this,' he argued with himself. 'What am I doing? This is wrong.' He paused his thoughts as he glanced from Ginny's lips and back to her eyes. 'Then why does it feel so right?' Slowly, Draco leaned his head down to Ginny's, his face so close to hers that he could feel her hot breath. Taking one last look at each other, they both closed their eyes as they moved into what would change their lives forever. His lips were so close to hers, so close to finally giving him what he had always wanted. "MR MALFOY! THIS IS CLASS TIME, NOT NAP TIME!" Draco woke up with a jump at Professor Binns loud and annoyed voice. He looked around him confused on why he was suddenly in a classroom filled with students and not out by the lake with Ginny. After a few seconds of confusion, Draco's mind finally adjusted to the environment around him. He never did go outside after dinner, heck, he didn't even have dinner yet. He was still stuck in his History of Magic class, and still bored out of his mind. Draco sighed loudly. It was just a dream. There was no walk around the lake, there was no Ginny, and there definitely was no kiss. Draco's eyes grew wide. Did he just have a dream about kissing Ginny, actually, almost kissing Ginny? Draco rested his forehead on the palm of his hand, face scrunched in deep thought. It had to be the lack of sex, he told himself. That had to be it. At this point he wouldn't be too surprised if he started to have fantasies with Professor McGonagall. Draco tried to smile at his attempt to understand why he would dream such a thing, but something couldn't explain one thing: Why his heart was was still beating just as fast as it was in the dream. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny followed her routine of eating by being the first to arrive, and the first to leave before any certain Gryffindors could catch a moment with her. She hastily made a ham sandwich and took it upstairs with her to the Gryffindor common room, planning on eating there while she did her homework. She was rather sick of planning her schedule around Harry, Ron and Hermione's so she would not run into them. After all, the point of her and Draco's plan was for people to see and to know of them. She did not plan on hiding her whole life, she just did not want to hear another lecture from Ron that she knew she was going to get, or Hermione giving her Know-It-All looks to her. But the one person she did not want to run into was Harry, even though the day's events certainly brought him to her. Ginny sighed loudly as she sat on a red couch with her Potions homework. Snape assigned her extra homework as punishment for her tardiness, and to this point she would be up all night writing about different Love Potions and why most of them are banned from usage. She was halfway through on writing her own opinion of the matter when the portrait hole opened to the last three people she wanted to see. "VIRGINIA WEASLEY!" Ron's voiced boomed twice as loud in the near empty common room. Ginny jumped at his voice, spilling ink all over her assignment. "Ron! Don't scare me like that," she said with an annoyed growl as she used a spell to clear the ink. Ignoring Ginny's comment, Ron walked over to her sitting form and stood right in front of her. Harry and Hermione also followed, but choose for the safety of their lives to stay behind a few feet. Ginny started at Ron, waiting for his wrath to unleash. "Well?" Ron said, his voice trembling with suppressed anger. "Well what?" Ginny asked innocently as she made a move to continue with her homework. "Ginny, I am done with playing this Cat and Mouse game," Ron said through clenched teeth. "You tell me right now what is going on with you and Malfoy. No more avoiding it, and no more Malfoy to come and save you." Ginny glanced over Ron's shoulder at Harry, whom was currently staring at his feet. How typical for him to go off and tell Ron what happened earlier in the hall. Ron followed Ginny's glance towards Harry. "Don't look at him to blame," Ron said, looking back at Ginny. "Half the school heard about you and Malfoy being all over each other in front of Harry." Ginny gasped with anger as she quickly stood up and faced Ron head on. "Draco and I were not all over each other!" she nearly screamed. She hated how rumors always ended up half true. Ron narrowed his eyes at her. "He was there touching you, wasn't he?" Ginny was about to reply with an explanation but stopped herself. She studied her brother before asking in a quiet voice, "Since when do you care?" "Since when?" Ron screeched. "Since the day you were born and I was given the position of your older brother! That's when!" "Oh really?" Ginny asked slyly. "I guess you took a little vacation from your so called position these past few months." Ron looked at his sister completely bewildered. "What the hell are you talking about?" Ginny narrowed her eyes at him. "You didn't seem to care so much about me when Harry was playing with my heart, now did you?" Ron's flustered face quickly turned pale. His eyes quickly left Ginny's. "Well, well you see," Ron stuttered. Ginny found herself smiling Ron's torn expression. She was starting to understand why Draco found so much amusement in this. "There's no need to explain, Ronald. I see exactly how it is," Ginny said with venom in her voice. "Not until the damage is done do you decide to jump in and try to be that older brother. You knew from day one that Harry thought nothing on me, and you just stood by and watched your baby sister get hurt." Ginny paused to take a deep breath. "I congratulate you on your tremendous duties as an older brother," she spat out. Ron stared at Ginny, pale and speechless as before, but now with a hurt expression on his face. When he made no move to apologize or even to tell her off, Ginny pushed past him so she could walk up to her room. When she reached the bottom of the steps Hermione called out, "Ginny, we just want to understand what is going on between you and Malfoy. We don't want to see you hurt again." With her back to them, Ginny scrunched her eyes in annoyance. Why are they all so keen on helping her after it was too late? Making sure she wasn't shaking with anger, Ginny turned around to face the three of them. Ron still stood in the same place, Harry was still looking at the ground, but at least Hermione dared to look into her eyes. "You really want to know what's going on between Draco and I?" Ginny asked quietly. Hermione nodded her head, not daring to speak. When Ginny made no move to protest, Harry cautiously looked up at her, also awaiting her answer. Ron continued to stand frozen in shock, but Ginny knew that he too was listening. Ginny sighed to herself. It was now or never. Trying not to look just at Harry, Ginny replied simply, "Draco and I are together," as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Harry's face paled slightly, but he knew better than to speak at the present moment. Hermione looked at the two boys, before deciding that she should speak for all three of them. "But why?" she asked, for once not understanding what was going on. Ginny rolled her eyes at her. If she was so smart, why couldn't she just figure it out? "Because," she replied with a hint of annoyance in her tone, "It seems that Draco has liked me for quite some time, and I too have always found him rather attractive." Ginny wanted to smile at her lie; it was rather good for being put on the spot. Hermione looked repulsive at the idea of her finding Malfoy attractive. "But Ginny, it's Malfoy. And what about Har-," she started to say, but quickly closed her mouth. On impulse Ginny was going to glare daggers at her. 'What about Harry? What about the fact that Harry and I are no more? Stupid twat,' she thought to herself angrily. Did she just call Hermione a twat? Draco was definitely rubbing off on her. Ginny was about to say exactly what was on her mind, except for the twat part, when she paused. What would Draco do in this situation? Ginny smirked, knowing he would take as much pleasure in this as he could. "I know its Malfoy," Ginny said with a sudden note of happiness in her voice. "That's what I thought at first too, but all he needed was five good minutes with me alone to change my opinion on that." Hermione gasped loudly, Harry's eyes grew wide, and Ron finally moved from his frozen position. Before giving anyone a chance to respond Ginny added, "And Harry definitely wasn't at my mind at the moment. If I recall correctly, it was Draco's name I was crying out." With a satisfied smile, Ginny turned to walk up the stairs, half skipping along her way. She could only imagine what was going on inside of their heads. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ok the usual: please review! If you leave a small review, I'll let you give Draco a hug when I own him. If you leave a big one, I'll let you borrow him for a whole five minutes hehe. Sorry all, after writing that line my mind has remained in the gutter. So how about you all just read and review, and thanks to all those who have reviewed so far! Liz21 5. Chapter Five --------------- Disclaimer: I continue my crusade on ownership for Draco Malfoy. But until I get the dashing Slytherin into my clutches, anything Harry Potter related is not mine. *sigh* Oh! Wait! I own Riley who I used in the second chapter, but who knows when she will appear next. Summary: Ginny's heart is broken by the one man she's ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco's 7th year, Ginny's 6th For everyone who reviews, I'll share Draco with you once I get him! ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Chapter Five ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* "What the hell is wrong with you?" Draco's head shut up from his dinner plate in surprise. Did someone just dare ask a Malfoy a question like that? When he realized it was Pansy who had just settled herself down next to him at the table, he calmed down a little. "I don't know what you're on. There is never anything wrong with me. I'm perfect." Pansy rolled her eyes at Draco as she filled her plate with mashed potatoes. Draco gave a whole new definition to being arrogant and full-of- it. "Hmmm," Pansy muttered as she poured gravy onto her food. "You didn't sound so confident in Binn's class." Pansy's comment caught Draco so off guard that he spilled peas onto his lap. "What are you talking about?" he asked as he flicked a stranded pea at a first year. Pansy smirked at Draco. He had absolutely no idea what she was talking about. Oh the joy of playing with a male's simple mind. "I never knew you talked in your sleep," she said casually. Draco's pea rampage creased to a stop as he pressed his eyelids together. He was feeling a migraine coming on. Without opening up his eyes, he said coldly to Pansy, "I don't talk in my sleep. I have no idea what you are talking about." Pansy huffed in annoyance, but knew she would get her enjoyment soon. "You could have fooled me," she said with a solid face. She then turned to Draco and puckered her lips. "Ginny! Oh Ginny! Kiss me!" Draco's eyes shot open. "I did not tell Ginny to kiss me!" "Ah, but you were still dreaming about her!" Draco hesitated with a remark. It was too late; he was backed into a corner. He mumbled something about Pansy being a crazy crack whore, and tried to serve himself another helping of peas when Pansy stopped him, sending the peas flying once more. "No more jumping around the bush, Draco. What is going on with you and that Weasley?" Draco stared mournfully at the peas that rolled off the table. Ah, to be a pea and to escape that easily. He turned and looked Pansy square in the face. "What's it to you?" Pansy shook her head as she grabbed her goblet. "You know, at first I thought it was all a joke to play with Potter's little brain, but now I'm not too sure." Draco narrowed his eyes at her in confusion. "Explain," he demanded. Pansy sighed loudly. She wished she never brought this up. "I don't know, Draco. At first I noticed that you would only pay any attention to Weasley when Potter was around, but now." "Yes?" Pansy looked up at him. "Now I catch you looking at her from across the hallway and hear you talk about her in your sleep. Even if you and Weasley are 'together', this isn't like you. What the hell is happening to you?" Draco wanted to answer her, but found he couldn't think of an excuse. What was happening to him? Did he really look at her when he didn't need to? He was getting a little too carried away with this plan of theirs if he was looking at her without intention. Draco shook his head at Pansy. "Nothing is happening to me, okay? So just drop it," he snapped. When Pansy finally shut up, Draco growled in annoyance and grabbed the pea bowl, determined to at least eat one pea. Just when he pricked one with his fork he saw a flash of red walk by. Without thinking, he looked up at it, as if it was second nature to look immediately at a red head. He frowned with disappointment to see that it was only Ron who was walking out of the Great Hall with Harry and Hermione trailing behind. Before going back to his food, he glanced at the Gryffindor table to check to see if Ginny was there. She was gone too, which made sense that Ron seemed to be in a hurry. He was probably on his way to corner and attack her with questions about her relationship with Draco. He shook his head and bent his head down to his fork when he noticed Pansy looking at him from the corner of her eyes. "What?" Draco yelled, finally loosing his cool. Can't a man just eat his peas in peace? Pansy shook her head at him in pity. "If nothing is happening to you," she said quietly, "Then why are you checking to see if she's in the same room with you?" Fed up with all the accusing and not quite sure of what was going on, Draco slammed his fork onto the table. "Just leave it alone, Pansy!" Draco snapped as he stood up from his seat and stalked out of the room. He suddenly hated peas. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* A little over a week went by and Draco was purposely ignoring Ginny. Every time he turned down a corridor and saw her flaming red hair, he would quickly retreat down another passageway. A few times he saw her try to approach him, but he would have none of that and would race to his bedroom. But his bedroom was the once place he could not escape from her. Every night he had a dream about being alone with her, and it always ended with him waking up just before they would kiss. And every night he woke up in a cold, angry sweat, filled with confusion, annoyance, and some other feeling that he could not describe. He knew that the best way to completely get rid of her was to back down on their plan, but a Malfoy never backed down on anything. He was just hoping that she would finally break down one day and call if off herself. In the mean time, he would just ignore her. Draco was currently in the main hallway on his way outside for fresh air when someone from behind pushed him roughly against the brick wall. "What the fuck?" he said loudly as he felt his head hit the surface. He sighed with annoyance when he saw a very angry red head standing in front of him. "Don't 'what the fuck' me, Draco Malfoy!" Ginny said loudly. She released her hands from him and wrapped her arms around her chest in annoyance. Draco rubbed his sore head. "What the hell is up your ass, Weasley?" Draco growled. "Ginny!" Ginny yelled, causing Draco to flinch. "My name is Ginny, or have you forgotten that when you have been ignoring me for a week straight?" "I don't know what you're talking about," he stated and tried to walk past her when she pushed him back to the wall. "What do you think you're doing, Draco? Out of nowhere you stop talking to me, you stop playing your part. Why?" Draco closed his eyes. What was it with women harassing him? "You act like we agreed to be married, Ginny," he said, spitting out her name with sarcasm. "There's nothing wrong with me wanting a little space." If Draco's eyes were open, he would see that Ginny was glaring at him. "Well when you were having your little vacation, I've been attacked from left and right by Ron. Do you know that he thinks we're having sex?" Draco's eyes opened in surprise. "Sex?" he laughed. "Whatever gave him that idea?" Ginny's angry expression turned into a red, embarrassed one. "Probably from something I said," she mumbled. Draco looked at her as she played with her hair nervously. "What did you say exactly?" Ginny dropped her gaze to the floor. "It doesn't matter what I said, Draco. The point is that you're slacking while I'm doing all the work." Draco laughed at her harshly. "Right, you're doing all the work. There's a big shocker." Ginny gaped at him. "What are you talking about? I have done plenty of my share in this relationship!" Draco shook his head at her. "No you haven't. All I have seen you do is cower in front of Potter, while I come to the rescue," he stated. Ginny stared at him in surprise. "That is not true! I have had plenty of fights with Ron and just about every other Gryffindor that questions me!" "Action," Draco said slyly, "Speaks louder than words." Ginny groaned loudly, knowing that he was just as right as she was. "Well how am I supposed to 'act', if you won't even stay in the same room with me for five minutes?" Draco's sly expression melted. "Well we're in the same room now and I don't see you doing anything. Unless you count screaming like a banshee." Ginny narrowed her eyes at him. "There's no one around to act in front of!" She was right; the only person who was around on the quiet Sunday afternoon was a first year that took one look at Draco and ran. "How do you do it?" Ginny asked Draco angrily. "How is it that the only time I can ever get my hands on you, no one is around to see it? You are not helping!" Draco looked down at her. "I don't feel a need to help right now. I think I'm doing just fine." "Oh yes, Draco, you are doing just great! In fact I just ran into Harry and let me tell you, he was in tears saying that watching us being together was too much for him." Draco smiled at her comment. "Potter cries, eh?" "Shut up, Draco. You know I wasn't serious. My point is that us being together is supposed to bother Harry. And as scarred as Harry must be, he's not showing it." "Well then how do you explain that obnoxious scar on his forehead?" "Shut up, Malfoy." "It's Draco, remember, Ginny dear?" That was it. Ginny had enough of Draco's remarks that tried to get him out of trouble. Ginny grabbed the front of his cloak, and was about to show him why not to mess with a Weasley, when the front doors swung open. A great deal of students walked in, all carrying books from a leisure study by the lake or some just talking. At the head of the group were Harry, Ron, and Hermione, both boys with a broomstick in hand and Hermione with a book. They suddenly froze in their footsteps and watched Ginny holding onto Draco who was pushed into the wall. The three Gryffindors' sudden stop caused everyone else to do the same behind them, and soon the entrance hall seemed to be jammed with students all staring at the couple. Draco could see Pansy in the back of the group, shaking her head at him. "Ginny," Draco whispered urgently. "Everyone is staring." Ginny nodded her head at his remark. Indeed they were staring, but that was the last thought of her mind. All she saw was Harry's eyes on her. She looked away from Harry and stared into Draco's gray eyes. "Draco?" "Yes?" he replied quietly. Ginny took a deep breath before muttering, "Action." Before Draco could take a minute to register in his mind on what Ginny was doing, she gripped harder onto his robes, pulled him down to her level, and gave him a hard, sensuous kiss. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Eek! Don't kill me! The cliffhanger was needed! Ah but did it really happen or was it just another little dream of Draco's? Yes this chapter is quite short, but never fear lots more is soon to come. Thanks to every one who has reviewed so far, and I’m a bit curious as to if anyone reads my disclaimers or not, since I’m creating my own little story of owning Draco in them lol. So keep up the great reviews, and I hope you all thought that my pea section with Draco was just as funny as I thought it was. Enjoy!! Liz21 6. Chapter Six -------------- Disclaimer: I still don't own anything that is Harry Potter, still no Draco Malfoy, but listen to this! There is a Draco look-a-like at my college! Maybe JK Rowling sent him here to distract me from her Draco Malfoy. Ha! Nice try! He may be hot, but I still want the original! Okay, I think I'm loosing it. Summary: Ginny's heart is broken by the one man she's ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco's 7th year, Ginny's 6th For everyone who reviews, I'll share Draco with you once I get him! This chapter is dedicated to all the reviewers that make my day. I love you guys!! ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Chapter Six There were no students surrounding them. No Pansy looking disgusted or Ron looking as if he was ready to blow. There was no Harry Potter with his eyes bulging out, and his face growing pasty. All that concerned Draco at the moment was Ginny. When she grabbed him and practically jumped on him, he had no time to react. One moment he was bashed angrily into the wall by her, and the next moment her body was pressing into his against the same wall. Before he watched her angry lips yelling at him, and now they were covering his own. It all happened so fast, and it took a minute to register into his mind on what he was doing with Ginny Weasley. Her fragile hands bunched tightly at the front of his custom made robes, pulling him down to her level instead of her leaning up to his. Her pale face was tight with concentration, her eyes skewered together and her nose scrunched up. Her kiss, if one could call it that, was as cold as her rigid lips. There was no movement, no passion. Just lips upon lips. Draco was not one to kiss with his eyes open, but the shock of the situation left his body frozen. He stared at her scrunched up hands and her tense face. She looked as if this was pure torture, not the pleasure she was supposed to fake in front of hundreds of eyes. No one would buy this piece of crap she was presenting. Snape kissing a toad would look more lustful than their display. Draco sighed against her still lips. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Ginny started to pull away when Draco grabbed her thin waist, pulling her close to him, and slamming his mouth onto hers. Shock and intensity filled her body so quickly that she would have jerked back if Draco's hands didn't hold her so tightly. His lips moved against hers, teasing and taunting them, begging for them to come out and play. Stubborn and confused, she kept her still position, and just when she thought Draco would give up, he opened them up himself with his tongue. She had every right to step away and slap his precious face, but what he was doing felt so good. His tongue slowly outlined her lips before tickling the inside of her mouth. He gently yet roughly coaxed her into following his movements, and after a few seconds she eagerly put in as much effort into the kiss as he was. Half-aware of her hands that were being crushed in-between them, she thought it would be all the wiser to wrap them around his neck. The kiss was electric, sending shocks down Draco's spine. Draco took pleasure in the fact that he had Ginny under his grasp, and now that she was finally cooperating, it was all the better. She tasted of a sugary cinnamon and smelled of vanilla, and it drove him up the wall craving more. Her lips were no longer cold but soft, and they kept up with his fast pace. He kissed her with a harder passion when he felt her arms drape around his neck for support. In one brisk movement Draco spun Ginny around to where she was the one leaning against the wall for support. A soft moan escaped her lips as he pressed his body closer to hers, tightening their lips even more. Her hips rubbed up against his, and Draco had to place his hands on either side of her head to keep his knees from buckling. All of this satisfied Draco to an extent he didn't know was possible to reach by just kissing. An unknown feeling settled in the pit of his stomach, and the more he kissed her, the stronger it felt. Slightly unraveled by the feeling, Draco broke the kiss, nearly gasping for breath. His eyes were fixed on Ginny's heaving shoulders, and then onto her swollen lips. His own lips still tingled with her taste. The two stared at each other, too shocked and too out of breath to speak. All around them students stood with their eyes popping out of their heads and their mouths hanging wide open. The only sound that came from the entrance hall was Ron's fast approaching footsteps. Draco looked into Ginny's eyes, startled to see them not as hard and shielded as usual. Did he do that? He had time to think that over; as that was the last thing he saw before it all went black. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny stared out the window, furious beyond all reason. Why did her brother always have to loose his temper like that? Better yet, why did Ron have to involve himself in things that didn't concern him? She was so sick of having to watch what she did around him for the safety of others. She turned her head towards the hospital bed she was sitting next to, slowly shaking her head. One minute she was staring into Draco's gray eyes after an amazing kiss, and the next he was lying unconscious on the floor. No one saw it coming, except for Ron who decided that cursing Draco behind his back was mature. Ginny's eyes watched Draco's chest rise slowly with each comfortable breath, relived that he wasn't badly injured. Her eyes moved up to his face with a smile. He looked so peaceful and innocent when he slept. Ginny sighed loudly as she stared at his elegant lips. What was that kiss back there? She started that only to show him that she was putting effort into their plan, but she never expected it to end the way it did. Never has she been kissed like that. Harry was always such an awkward kisser. He was too gentle and careful; as if afraid he was going to break her. But Draco? He kissed her like there was no tomorrow. He made her feel alive. Ginny was marveled at Draco's ability to kiss like he meant it. There was no way she would be able to pretend that she liked him like that. She sighed loudly. There would probably be a lot more where that came from for now on. Now that half of Hogwarts saw their snog session, they're probably going to be expecting one every day. Her eyes darted to some of his hair that fell in front of his eyes. Knowing Draco would have a hissy- fit that his hair was messed up, Ginny bent over him to fix it when his eyes opened. She froze, hunched over him, as his gray eyes looked up at her in surprise. "Back for more?" he asked with a smile. Ginny huffed with annoyance and sunk back into her seat. Only Draco could crack jokes while in the hospital. "Do you at least want to know why you're in here?" she asked impatiently. Draco moved to sit up, but the pain in his head opposed him from doing so. "Well the last thing I remember is touching you, so my guess is your brother tried to kill me," he said as he slumped back into his pillows in defeat. Ginny nodded her head in response and went back to staring out the window at the dark blue sky. "Sorry my brother is such an idiot," she said as she watched a shooting star pass by. Draco shrugged his shoulders. "If you're going to apologize for every idiotic thing your brother has done, you better start now because you're going to be here for awhile." "A simple 'I accept your apology' would have worked also," Ginny spat back. Draco raised a curious eyebrow at her and turned on his side so he was facing her. "What's up your ass?" he questioned. "Nothing," Ginny said, not taking her eyes away from the window. "Just another fight I had with Ron while you were knocked out, but I was expecting that." Draco studied her sitting there next to him. Her red hair was worn down as usual, and it looked slightly frazzled, as did her pale complexion. She looked like she was supposed to after a snog session. But she looked slightly more troubled than she did after a Weasley fight. Her eyes were back to their hardness, and an upset expression would appear on her face randomly before she pushed it away. She was hiding something from him. "No, something did happen. Tell me." Ginny looked at him in surprise. "Excuse me?" Draco sighed with annoyance. "Did I stutter? Tell me what really happened after I was knocked out." Ginny stared at him for a few seconds, not saying a word, until, "Just because you kissed me doesn't mean I have to pour my heart out to you." Draco looked at her in disbelief. Was she serious? "First off, you kissed me. Well that was barely a kiss until I took control." Ginny opened her mouth to comment when he held up his hand for silence. "Second, you're right; I have no special privilege now that I shoved my tongue down your throat. But I still want to know." "Why?" she asked, a little calmer than before. Draco stared back at her blank face, suddenly blank himself. Why did he want to know so badly? What did he care if she was hurting inside or not? "Because whatever happens to you I seem to be involved." That sounded good enough to be true. But what was the truth? Ginny's shoulders slumped; she was finally defeated. Draco did have a point. All the drama she's had since the school year started somehow involved around him. She opened her mouth to tell him what exactly was wrong, when Madam Pomfrey bustled over. "Ah, Mister Malfoy, I see you're awake. Here, take this potion. It will help with your headache," she said while handing a cup over to Draco. As Draco swallowed the spicy liquid and trying not to spit it back up, Madam Pomfrey looked over at Ginny. "Visiting hours are over, Miss Weasley. You can see Mister Malfoy tomorrow morning." Ginny jumped at the opportunity, grateful that she was spared from answering Draco's probing questions. With a quick wave at Draco, she fled from the hospital wing and towards the one place she didn't want to be, Gryffindor Tower. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Draco watched Ginny's retreating back and grumbled angrily to himself. Figures that when she was about to tell him what really happened, they were interrupted. Life was just peachy like that. Once Madam Pomfrey left, Draco rested back into his pillows and sighed deeply. It wasn't as if he actually cared about Ginny. He just wanted to know what was bothering her. He was sure it had to do with their kiss. Draco shifted uncomfortably underneath his blankets. The image of him kissing Ginny flashed into his mind. Draco closed his eyes tightly, trying to block the image out, but he was unsuccessful. He could almost feel her body against his; he could almost taste her on his lips. Draco's eyelids jolted open, and for the next hour he stared up at the ceiling, unable to fall asleep. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny slowly walked back to Gryffindor Tower, not knowing why she was so confused or upset. Everything was working according to plan until she had to open her big mouth. What happened after Draco was knocked out certainly proved that. ~*flashback*~ Ginny stared up into Draco's gray eyes with heaving shoulders, trying to catch her breath. She hadn't expected him to be that good of a kisser. She was so absorbed into trying to think that she didn't hear footsteps or a curse being spoken until she saw Draco's body go limp and fall to the ground. Ginny quickly collapsed onto her knees next to him and nudged his shoulder. "Draco?" Nothing, he was out cold. She checked his pulse. At least he was alive. She was just about to question aloud what just happened when she noticed that someone was standing very close to them. Someone who had worn out shoes very similar to her brother. Without looking up from Draco, Ginny yelled, "Ron, what did you do?" She heard Ron huff with anger before he grabbed her arm and pulled her to her feet. "Virginia Weasley, what the hell do you think you are doing kissing Malfoy?" Ginny stared into his red tempered face with sudden boredom. "Ron, we have been over this a million times. You know Draco and I are together. This is nothing new so stop acting like such a drama queen!" If possible, Ron's face turned even redder. "Just because I know it doesn't mean I want to see it! And in the middle of the hallway? Have you no shame?" Ginny slowly shook her head at her brother and started to walk away from him to go get Madam Pomfrey. "Just because you have to hide in a closet to kiss Hermione, doesn't mean I have to," she said without turning around. She smiled slightly when she heard him sputtering. Ginny almost reached Madam Pomfrey's office when she heard footsteps racing after her. She halted in her footsteps, now a bit annoyed. "Honestly, Ron. Won't you just let it go?" she said turning around with a glare expecting to find her brother. Her face quickly changed to surprise. "Oh, Harry. I thought you were my brother." Harry smiled weakly at her. "No, I left Hermione to deal with him. He almost cursed a group of first years because they looked at him the wrong way." Ginny shook her head. "He's getting all worked up over nothing." "I don't know, Gin. What just happened was pretty big." Ginny looked at him with questioning eyes. "What are you talking about, Harry? It was just a kiss." Harry shrugged his shoulders. "Yeah, but it was with Malfoy. You shouldn't kiss something so low." Ginny gasped and then narrowed her eyes at him. "And I guess kissing you was a privilege? Sorry Harry, but Draco is a much better kisser than you ever were." Harry's green eyes slanted a bit in surprise and anger. "Don't you ever try to compare me to that ferret." Ginny's own Weasley temper began to rise and she thought quickly for a comeback. "Yeah? Well.well weasels get along better with ferrets over toads any day!" Harry paused for a second to register what she just said. "Well, when you weren't possessed enough in your first year to send me that silly valentine, his father was busy enjoying the fact that he knew you were going to die in the chamber of secrets!" Harry yelled back, his eyes now furious. Ginny gasped at his comment. "How dare you, Harry Potter! Draco's father has nothing to do with us dating! You're the one who's going to low!" "Like father, like son," he said through clenched teeth. "Harry, you have no idea what you're talking about. Draco is nothing like his father." She actually wasn't too sure on that herself, but she had doubt. "I know for a fact that my father would never leave you to die!" "You don't know that, Harry" Ginny said with a forced calm. She didn't trust her temper in situations like this. "Yes I do!" he spat back. "I know that because I saved you. And Draco did nothing, even though he probably knew." Ginny put her hand up to her head and massaged her temple. "Harry, just please stop. You don't know what your father would have done or what Draco knew. You're just making stuff up now." She turned around and started to walk towards the hospital wing again, hoping to also get something for her headache. She didn't get a step in before Harry yelled out, "I do know what my father would have done, and we both know what Draco didn't do!" Ginny whirled around her face with a tint of red. "You don't know, Harry, because your father is dead!" Ginny quickly put her hand over her mouth. She didn't mean to say it like that. She didn't mean to say it all. She stared at Harry, whose face was no longer stern with anger but full of shock and disbelief. "I am so sorry, Harry. I didn't mean that," she said quietly. Harry stared at her for what seemed forever before he slowly shook his head. "Don't feel sorry for me," he said. "Feel sorry for yourself. Malfoy is already rubbing off on you." And with that he left her standing there speechless in the hallway. ~*end flashback*~ Ginny entered the Gryffindor common room with a guilty conscious. She still felt so bad about what she said to Harry. She wanted to talk to him about it or apologize again, anything to make her feel better. She knew that if she told Draco what happened he would try to convince her that her words would work well with their plan, but she didn't want to get back at Harry by using his parents' death against him. She couldn't live with herself if she did that. She walked up the boy's stairs and knocked on Harry and Ron's door. Harry opened it and first looked surprised to see her, but his expression quickly turned to hatred. "What do you want?" His harsh tone made her cringe. "I need to talk to you, Harry." Harry sighed and looked away. "I'm busy now." He went to shut the door in her face, but she stuck her foot out to keep it open. "Please, Harry. I need to talk to you." Harry looked at her briefly before sighing again. "Fine, I'll meet you in the common room in 5 minutes." "Thanks," Ginny said with a smile. He shut the door without returning it. With a sigh, Ginny walked down the stairs and plopped into a comfy armchair and stared at the roaring fireplace. This was not going to be fun. Five minutes to his word, Harry came down the stairs and stood right in front of her with his arms crossed. "You wanted to talk?" Ginny nodded her head. "Will you sit down?" Once Harry sat into the armchair next to her, Ginny began her apology. "Harry, I truly am sorry. What I said was uncalled for and shouldn't have been said at all. I don't blame you for never wanting to speak to me again, but just know that I really am sorry." Harry stared at the fire as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. "Are you trying to hurt me?" Ginny looked at him with surprise. She wasn't expecting him to say that. "Hurt you?" she repeated. He turned to look at her with serious eyes. "This whole dating Malfoy thing. Are you doing this on purpose to hurt me?" Ginny tried to stare back into his eyes, but couldn't do it. "Is it hurting you?" she asked while staring at the fire. "I don't know," Harry responded quietly. "I do know that I don't want you being with him." Ginny's heart gave a little jump. Her plan was working! Well, he wasn't raving with jealousy, but she certainly got his attention. But as much as she liked it, and as badly as she did feel from her previous comment, she didn't believe that she got the revenge that she was craving. She had enough to be able to talk to him as she was doing, but she wanted to see him squirm. She wanted the upper hand, not him. If he thought this was what it felt like to be hurt, he had a lot to learn. "Well I'm sorry, Harry, but you don't always get what you want," she said coolly as she rose from her chair. Harry looked at her with his mouth open. "But, Ginny," "Night, Harry," she said, giving him a sweet smile before walking towards the girl's stairs. "Sweet dreams." As she walked towards her bedroom, she smiled to herself. She would certainly be having sweet dreams, especially after that kiss Draco gave her. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Hope everyone enjoyed it. Please review!! I love it when you guys do that! Thanks to my friend Laura who helped me with the flashback Ginny and Harry scene. The line: "Yeah? Well.well weasels get along better with ferrets over toads any day!" was all her, so I give her the credit on that one. Special thanks to all of my reviewers. Every one of you made my day. I'm glad some of you found my pea scene amusing!! Just remember that I do appreciate all of your reviews, and if I had the time and the patience I would thank each of you individually. So thanks once again and I love you all!! Liz21 7. Chapter Seven ---------------- Disclaimer: Okay, no update on the Draco- look- alike. Grr. And I still don't own the original Draco Malfoy, or anything Harry Potter related. Damn my bad luck. Riley is mine, who plays a part in this chapter. Summary: Ginny's heart is broken by the one man she's ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco's 7th year, Ginny's 6th For everyone who reviews, I'll share Draco with you once I get him! By share I mean five minutes with him. By five minutes I mean you are allowed to hug him. Okay never mind he's mine. Hehehe. Okay, you're allowed to look at him. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Chapter Seven ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* "Draco." Draco smiled to himself. "That's right, baby. Say my name." "Draco." "Come on, one more time. Say it like you mean it," Draco said as his finger unbuttoned the last button on Ginny's silk blouse. Draco had been walking back to his common room when he was suddenly jumped from behind and dragged into a nearby classroom. Too startled to fight back before, Draco was about to hex the sorry person who decided to attack a Malfoy when he caught a glimpse of red hair in the barely lit room. "Ginny?" he asked in disbelief. "What the hell was that for?" Draco swallowed his next words that included twat and silly bint, when she slowly stepped out of the shadows, wearing only a tight, low blouse and a *very* short black skirt. Draco stared at the cleavage popping out of the silk red blouse in awe, and felt his mouth collect with saliva at watching her skirt ride up her long legs with each step she took towards him. Draco gulped slowly as Ginny stopped in front of him, so close that Draco could see her eyes light up with fire. Then without warning, she ripped off his shirt. Draco's eyes popped out in shock as the cold air hit his bare, sculpted chest. "Ginny? What the hell are you doing?" Instead of answering with words, Ginny slowly dragged her fingers down his skin, while licking her lips slowly with her tongue. Draco shuddered with excitement at her touch and felt shivers go down his spine. As quick as it started, she stopped and drew her hand away, taking a step back and making him moan in protest. Draco watched her hips sway as she walked towards a nearby desk. "Ginny, what's going on here?" he asked in desperation. He didn't want this to turn out to be some game. Ginny turned around at his question, and grinned slyly at him before hoisting herself up on a desk. Her long legs dangled over the edge as she beckoned Draco over with her slender finger. Draco slowly walked over to her, unsure of what to do or say. All he knew was he had to get to her, and fast. And when he did, he took a good stare at her before pushing her down on the desk and climbing on top of her in a searing kiss. "Oh, Draco," she finally muttered as Draco abandoned her now swollen lips and took to nibbling her neck, sucking it gently until it was red. Her lust filled voice made Draco's pants bulge in excitement, and his heartbeat quickened as he felt her hands unclasp his belt buckle. This was nothing compared to kissing her the day before. Feelings exploded in his body, making him more excited as he kissed her lips harder. He wanted to touch her everywhere. He wanted to be with Ginny, to be in her, to be one with her. And here he was, about to open up her red silk shirt, when she screamed out his name. "Come on, you stupid ferret. Wake up!" Draco's eyes jolted open, and he yelped loudly when he found himself in a bed in the hospital wing, no longer straddling Ginny on a desk. He yelped even louder when he saw Ginny standing over him with a grin on her face. "Hi," she said sweetly, even though she was enjoying the fact that Draco looked quite startled. Draco ignored her and threw off his blankets. His shirt was back on, and it somehow changed into the hospital pajamas. He glanced up at Ginny for an explanation, only to discover something more important. "Why is your shirt back on?" he demanded, quite furious that he never did see what was underneath it. "And why aren't we on a desk?" Ginny's face went blank for a moment before breaking out into laughter. "Draco, are you feeling all right?" she asked in-between giggles. "Maybe Ron did some permanent damage." Draco stared at her blankly before remembering yesterday's events of kissing and blacking out. He continued to stare at her before it all sank in. He groaned loudly and lay back down. "It was all a dream," he said to himself. "Dream?" Ginny asked curiously. "What were you dreaming about?" Draco looked up at her, suddenly embarrassed. He would have had a dream with a very naked Ginny if she didn't come and wake him up. "Never mind that, what do you want?" Ginny's face broke into an excited smile. "The plan is working!" Draco stared at her blankly. "You woke me up just to say that?" Draco asked coldly. Ginny rolled her eyes at him before sitting into the chair next to his bed. "Shut up, Draco. This is important. I don't even know why you're being all cross. All you were doing was sleeping, nothing important." "Well I'll have you know, that you interrupted a very good dream," Draco said matter-of-factly. Ginny smiled evilly at him. "Sounded like it." Draco scrunched his eyes at her in confusion. "What did you say?" "Nothing," Ginny said before changing the subject. "Don't you want to know why the plan's working?" Draco sat back up and shrugged his shoulders. "Well since the whole idea of us being together was for Potter to get all crazy jealous, I'm going to guess that's what happened." Ginny scowled at Draco. "You're no fun," she said grumpily. Draco raised an eyebrow at her. "He's crazy jealous? Wow, he is weaker than I thought." Ginny sighed before shaking her head. "No, but I think he's a little jealous. We had a bit of a row yesterday, and he said something about him not wanting you and me to be together." "Well of course not," Draco said, "He hates me. Why would he want anything of his to belong to me?" Ginny glared at Draco in a sudden rage. "Not only am I not his, but I don't belong to anyone, especially not you." Draco shrugged her temper off as if it was of no importance. "Okay, so you think he's jealous. Now what?" Ginny bit her bottom lip in thought. Draco was about to suggest having sex in front of Potter to really piss him off, when Ginny jumped out of her chair. "The Halloween Ball!" she said excitedly. "The what?" Draco asked with disappointment. He was hoping she would say something along the lines of his thoughts. "The Halloween Ball," Ginny repeated. "You missed Dumbledore's announcement at breakfast this morning. The whole school is having a costume dance instead of the usual feast. We could go together!" Draco stared at her. "That was your brilliant plan?" he asked with a sigh. "People would have expected us to go together anyways." Ginny sighed with annoyance at him. "Well it's a start," she snapped. "I don't see you coming up with any brilliant ideas." "Well, I did have one," Draco started but stopped when Ginny started to walk away. "Hey, where are you going?" "Class," Ginny said over her shoulder, "Which you're going to be late for." Draco swore quietly to himself for oversleeping as he jumped out of his bed and grabbed his clothes. He just took off his shirt when Ginny's head popped into view. "Oh, and Draco?" Draco felt himself blush at the feeling of being half naked in front of her. "Yes?" he said, trying not to gulp with sudden nervousness. Ginny smiled evilly at him. "You are quite the vocal one in your sleep." With a wave she was gone. Draco stared at the spot where she was, letting her words sink in. Groaning loudly, Draco sank back onto his bed in frustration. He had to stop talking in his sleep. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny blankly stared at the board, not paying attention at all to Professor McGonagall's lecture. Instead, her mind wandered off into the sight of seeing Draco without a shirt. She found herself drooling at the image, and was quite impressed with how cool she acted towards him when she walked in on him changing. Half an hour later and it was still on her mind. It's not as if she's never seen a guy half naked before. She's actually had the unfortunate pleasure on walking in on one of the twins butt naked. The male body was nothing new to her, and she was raised by so many older brothers. And she's even seen Harry with his shirt off. Ginny shuddered slightly at a particular memory with a shirtless Harry. (AN: Here I would have a detailed flashback of when Ginny and Harry were dating over the summer and they almost have sex, but since it was an explicit scene between the two it did not meet Portkey’s guidelines so I had to remove it. If anyone wants to read it, or wants to understand a bit more where Ginny is coming from, email me at Dracoslover21@yahoo.com and I will email it to you.)* * Ginny's thoughts were broken suddenly by an elbow nudging her side painfully. "Ow!" she muttered quietly, glaring at Riley who was sitting next to her. "What was that for?" Riley looked at her with urgent eyes and nodded her head towards the front of the class. Ginny quickly looked in front of her and saw McGonagall staring at her, along with half the class. "Miss Weasley, please pay attention," McGonagall said with a strict tone. "I do not allow daydreaming in my classroom." Ginny's face burned with a blush. "Sorry, Professor." Once the class went back to normal and McGonagall was not staring at Ginny anymore, Ginny went back to taking notes when she saw Riley push a piece of parchment towards her. Making sure that no one was looking, Ginny read it. *Who were you daydreaming about? * Ginny looked up at Riley with questioning eyes, but found her taking notes and trying to avoid eye contact. Sighing, Ginny gave her the answer that she was probably expecting and pushed it back to her. *Draco. * Ginny was about to go back to writing down the instructions on how to properly transform your hair color into whatever color you wish it to be, when Riley's note interrupted her. *Please don't lie to me, Ginny. I thought we were friends. * Ginny stared at the parchment, slightly shocked that Riley would straight out accuse her of lying. The quill hesitated over the parchment, unsure if she should try and convince Riley that she wasn't lying or if she should tell the truth. *Why do you think I'm lying? * This time Ginny didn't bother going back to notes, knowing that she would receive the parchment quickly. *I see you with Malfoy and I saw you guys kiss yesterday, but I also see how you still look at Harry. * Ginny stared at the piece of paper, slightly annoyed. She knew Riley just wanted her to come out and say what was really on her mind, but she couldn't. *And how do I still look at him? * Ginny smiled to herself, happy that she avoided Riley's question of telling the truth. Just when Riley passed her back the note, the bell rang signaling the end of the class. The class poured out of the room quickly, and before Ginny had a chance to get out of her seat she read what Riley wrote. *Like you're still in love with him. * ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Thanks to everyone who has reviewed and I hope you all like it so far. And yet again I had a dream Draco and Ginny scene. Don't worry! The time will come when there will be REAL Draco and Ginny action. But I said from day one that I am not going to rush anything about this story. So please be patient, it will be worth it. Liz21 8. Chapter Eight ---------------- Disclaimer: Horrible news on the Draco-look-alike. He has a girlfriend. I think JK Rowling is getting her sweet revenge on me for trying to steal her Draco. While JK Rowling still owns anything Harry Potter, I shall still strive to own Draco, and maybe on the side I'll break up Draco-look-alike and his girlfriend. Mwuahaha. Summary: Ginny's heart is broken by the one man she's ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco's 7th year, Ginny's 6th For everyone who reviews, I'll share Draco with you once I get him! By share I mean five minutes with him. By five minutes I mean you are allowed to hug him. Okay never mind he's mine. Hehehe. Okay, you're allowed to look at him. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Chapter Eight ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Draco glanced at the Gryffindor table for the fifth time that night with a questioning look. He had not seen Ginny since the morning before when he was in the hospital wing, and despite what he told himself, he was a bit worried. Everyone has had their days where they would not appear for meals, but Draco didn't have a clue of why Ginny would do such a thing at a time like this. Draco stared at his turkey sandwich with confused eyes. Was she purposely ignoring him? What did he do that she wouldn't even come to meals for just to avoid seeing him? Draco's eyes widened slightly at the thought that Ginny might want to call off their whole scheme. Annoyed that he couldn't even concentrate enough to return Potter's hateful stares, Draco grabbed his untouched turkey sandwich, and after wrapping it in a napkin, he decided to take it somewhere else to eat. He just couldn't think of stomaching his food with the terrific trio staring at him without Ginny to look at for any comfort. Ignoring Pansy's looks as he stood to leave, he huffed out of the Great Hall hoping that Weasley didn't notice. He wasn't in the mood to be followed around and being asked where Ginny was. In thoughts of where to eat his dinner, Draco just turned into the hallway when he bumped into a small female body, sending her flying to the floor and his dinner up in the air. Cursing at all the clumsy people that crossed his path, Draco smoothly caught his sandwich, thankful that he wrapped it up so tightly. He didn't think that Filch would enjoy picking up random pieces of turkey. "Watch where you're going, little Gryffindor," Draco said angrily as he eyed the girl's patch on her robe. "Shove it, Malfoy. You're the one who bumped into me," she replied with annoyance as she stood on her own two feet. Draco eyed the short girl, and was about to stalk to his room for quiet when he did a double take at her face and short, choppy black hair. She looked familiar; familiar enough to be sitting next to a certain red head at almost every meal. At least the ones that Draco attended. "Aren't you Ginny's friend?" Draco asked curiously. Riley narrowed her eyes at him. "Yes I am, you stupid prat. Aren't you supposed to know all of your girlfriend's friends?" Ignoring the sarcasm in her voice, Draco asked, "Do you by any chance know where she is, little Gryffindor?" Riley huffed loudly at him. "I have a name, you know!" "I'm sure you do, but that means nothing to me. Now, where is Ginny?" Riley stubbornly crossed her arms across her chest. "Give me one good reason why I would do you such a favor?" Draco sighed loudly as he ran his hand over his hair. He truly did hate Gryffindors. "Because I haven't seen her since yesterday morning and am a bit worried about her. Satisfied now?" he snapped. Draco couldn't help but smirk at the surprised look in her eyes. 'She probably wasn't expecting me to say that,' he thought to himself. She stared at him for several seconds before saying, "She's outside by the lake. She goes there at times to think." "Now was that so hard, little Gryffindor?" Draco said as he turned towards the entrance doors. He paused mid-step as the words seeped into him. He quickly looked back at the Gryffindor in confusing. "What does she have to think about?" A look crossed Riley's face, one of sweet revenge. "I guess you don't know your girlfriend too well, Malfoy." Draco turned fully around to face her. "I'm sick of these games with you simple minded people," Draco said angrily. "Just answer the bloody question. What could Ginny possibly have to think about that would cause her to miss so many meals?" A small smirk flickered on Riley's face. "How about the fact that she's still in love with Harry Potter?" Smiling at the face that Draco just looked like he had been slapped, Riley gracefully walked into the Great Hall. Draco stared after her, desperately wanting to doubt her. 'Yes, that's it,' Draco assured himself, 'She's lying to me. She obviously hates me, so she's telling me the one thing that she thinks would most get to me.' Draco quickly walked out the doors towards the lake, not even noticing that he was angrily squeezing the hell out of his turkey sandwich. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny stared at the still water in the lake as she rested against a tree. As a cool September breeze blew by, she dragged her knees up to her chest and hugged them for warmth. October was nearing, and already she needed a cloak. Shivering slightly in just her jeans and light jumper, she settled her chin upon her arms with a deep sigh. She played with a red leaf in her hand, dragging it through her fingers as she focused on its beautiful color. Riley's words still stuck in her head, and only weighed her down with heavy thought. *Like you're still in love with him. * Could she really still be in love with Harry Potter? After all this want for revenge and hurting him, could she still love him? The leaf slowly fluttered to the ground as realization dawned upon Ginny. Deep inside, she knew that she would always hold Harry in her heart. She was in love with him ever since she was ten years old. She doubted that one could ever just get over that. All thoughts paused as she heard footsteps crunching through the fallen leaves. Not bothering too look up, she picked up the fallen red leaf once more, concentrating harder on it than she did before. She heard the crunching stop and took her eyes off the leaf to glance at some polished black shoes standing right next to her. Despite the mood she was in, she couldn't help but smile slightly. "Can I help you, Draco?" Draco kicked a few leaves out of his way before taking a seat next to Ginny. "Interesting how that leaf perfectly matches your hair." Rolling her eyes at him, she dropped the leaf and sat up. "What are you doing here?" she asked as she stared at the blonde haired boy. Draco shrugged his shoulders as he stared at his wrapped up dinner. "I don't know. You weren't at dinner, or lunch. Actually, come to think of it, neither breakfast, or the dinner before, or-" "Okay, Draco! I get your point," Ginny exclaimed, glad that he went silent. Now was not a time to go through one of Draco's ramblings. They sat there quietly together, both staring out at the lake. Still unsure of why exactly Draco was here, she turned to question him again when she noticed the sandwich in his hands. Suddenly starving, she looked up at Draco with kind eyes. "Did you bring that out here for me?" Draco looked at her with confused eyes before he realized that she was referring to the sandwich, his sandwich to be precise. He looked down at the sandwich, before looking back up at Ginny again. He was quite hungry, and it wasn't his fault that Ginny was avoiding meals. "Well, actually, it's," Draco started off before pausing himself as he looked into her eyes. Suddenly warm, brown eyes that gave him goose bumps and made his stomach weigh down. Draco shuddered as he felt a shiver go down his back. "Yeah, it's for you," Draco said hesitantly as he handed her over his food, not able to look her in the eye. Ginny graciously took the sandwich from Draco's hands. "That's really sweet of you, Draco. Thanks," she said with a huge smile. Suddenly uncomfortable, Draco mumbled, "You're welcome." He quickly went back to staring at the lake, then the castle, and then the red leaf on the ground. Anywhere but at Ginny. Ginny eyed the squished sandwich curiously before taking a bite. "Yummy, turkey," she exclaimed happily. After swallowing she asked politely, "Do you want some, Draco?" His stomach grumbling a yes, he looked up at her anxiously for food only for his eyes to pause at her lips. There was a very small bread crumb at the corner of her lips, and Draco suddenly hated it for having to bring such attention. "Um, Gin," Draco said as he motioned with his own hand that there was something on her face. "You have food on you." Ginny's face turned red as she tried to brush off the crumb, missing it entirely. "Did I get it?" she asked. Draco shook his head. "No, it's on your right side. Your other right, Ginny." Suddenly annoyed at the crumb that still existed on her lips, Draco leaned towards her, determined to take it off himself. Gently removing the crumb with his finger, Draco smirked slightly. "There, Weasley. Now was that so hard?" He started to pull away when he suddenly realized how close he was to her. She was only inches away from him, and though her hair was still its frazzled self, and her face was quite pasty, he couldn't bring himself to stop looking and sit back down. His finger hovering near her lips, he moved it to rest on her cheek for support as his body shook slightly. "What are you doing, Draco?" Ginny asked quietly with wide eyes, dropping her sandwich at the look in Draco's eyes. It was the same look he gave her after they kissed. 'What *am* I doing?' his mind screamed at him, but he continued to stay where he was. "Just getting the crumb off," he gulped quietly. "Oh," Ginny responded, suddenly unable to move herself. "Well, thank you," she whispered as she subconsciously moved closer to Draco. There was something in his gray eyes that lured her to him. "Ginny," Draco managed to say as he licked his lips, "I need to ask you something important." "What is it, Draco?" Their lips were only a centimeter away, and Draco could feel her warm breath on his face. He watched her as her eyelids started to close, awaiting the kiss he wanted to give her. "Are you still in love with Potter?" "Yes," Ginny responded in a hushed voice, caught completely off guard. That one word broke Draco out of his trance, causing him to stare at Ginny with wide eyes. Her own eyes didn't open until he quickly withdrew his hand, leaving her feeling suddenly very cold without his touch. "Draco?" Ginny asked as she watched him stand up and start to walk back up to the castle. "What's wrong?" Her words made Draco stop in his tracks, as that question was too racing through his mind. Slowly turning to look at Ginny, he simply answered, "I don't know," before walking back to the castle and away from Ginny. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Yes, I like to leave evil cliffes, but don’t worry because the following chapters always back them up! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and thank you to everyone who has reviewed for me! I really do appreciate all of you guys. Also, to prevent outrage of Ginny’s feelings for Harry while she and Draco develop, have no fear. This story does end in D/G, but there are a lot of twists and turns to expect. Liz21 9. Chapter Nine --------------- Disclaimer: Hmmm…a reviewer, Lindsey, said she wants some VERY alone time with Draco. Hmm, this creates a problem as I don’t like to share. *Ahem* pay attention to my offer of Draco. He is only to **look** at. But until I have Draco in my grasp to offer such a thing, I don't own him or anything Harry Potter related. Summary: Ginny's heart is broken by the one man she's ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco's 7th year, Ginny's 6th For everyone who reviews, I'll share Draco with you once I get him! By share I mean five minutes with him. By five minutes I mean you are allowed to hug him. Okay never mind he's mine. Hehehe. Okay, you're allowed to look at him. **As of this chapter, Ron and Hermione are forever JUST friends in this story. I forgot about the guidelines at Portkey.org with H/Hr ships, and it’s a restriction to even say that Hermione is dating Ron while Harry plays such a big part in the story with Ginny. Ron and Hermione together are barely mentioned as it is, so nothing changes at all. Now that Hermione is single, along with Harry, I know some of you will want them to hook up. The problem is I already have most of the story done with Hermione taken, so I can not do this. So bear with me, but this is a D/G story, so H/Hr shouldn’t be that big of a deal. Also, there are no more H/G scenes like the flashback I used. Apologies to those who were disgusted by it. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Chapter Nine ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* "Draco!" Ginny yelled breathlessly as she ran into the castle. She stopped to take a short breath as she scanned the students for a silver-blonde head. Sighing with frustration, she turned sharply towards the stairs to the dungeons. She did not run all this way from the lake for her questions to go unanswered. Sudden voices made her pause by the Potions classroom, and she was about to turn the corner to examine where and who they were coming from when she stopped. Suddenly aware that she was the only Gryffindor in the dungeons at a time like this, she chose to poke her head around before dashing off anywhere. Not even the bravest Gryffindor would be stupid enough to walk alone near the Slytherin common room, or past Snape's office for that matter. Quickly glancing around to make sure that no one was nearby, Ginny turned her red head around the corner towards the voices. Her heart pulsed a bit faster at the sight of Draco, but quickly ceased at the sight of him talking to Pansy. Not wanting to deal with her at the moment, Ginny was about to retreat to her own common room when her own name caught her attention. "Pansy, will you just leave it alone?" Draco said with annoyance as he stared at the girl in front of him. All he wanted to do was to be alone in his room and think about what just happened with Ginny out at the lake, not to be questioned by Pansy. "No, I will not leave it alone. Something is going on with you and that red haired girl and I don't like it one bit," Pansy answered with a low growl. Draco sighed loudly as he leaned back against the damp, stone wall. "First, her name is Ginny, and second, you know her and I are together." Pansy rolled her eyes at this last comment. "Whatever you say, Draco, but I wasn't talking about the obvious. If you guys are 'together', then why do you look like a lost little puppy?" Reacting to her comment, Draco quickly straightened himself up. "I do not look like a lost puppy! Especially a little one!" Pansy slowly massaged her temples. "Okay, fine. You look like a lost, masculine puppy that we are all secretly afraid and jealous of. Now can we get on with my point?" "There's nothing to go on about, Pansy, so as I said, just let it be," Draco growled, his voice filled with threat. Frustrated and a little scared, Pansy quickly nodded before walking away towards their common room. Once she was out of sight, Draco sighed with sudden exhaustion as he turned to walk the opposite way from Pansy. Now he also had to avoid his own common room or be ambushed with further questioning. Wondering if he could do any work for Snape to clear his mind, he turned the corner sharply into something red. "Shouldn't you Gryffindors be wearing bells to let everyone know where you are?" Draco asked with annoyance as he lowered his hand to pick Ginny up from the ground. At least it wasn't he who fell. "Well excuse me," Ginny said with full sarcasm as she stood up with Draco's help. "Maybe all Slytherins should carry little pocket mirrors to look around the corner with before turning them in full speed." Choosing to ignore her comment, Draco asked, "What are you doing here anyways? Shouldn't you be off with Potter in your own common room?" "What has gotten into you?" Ginny asked with a crossed look on her face. “One minute you're trying to kiss me, and then next you want me to be else where?" "I was not trying to kiss you!" Draco yelled with more force than he meant to. Ginny's eyes widened slightly at Draco's outburst. She opened her mouth to comment when another female voice filled the air. "Draco? Is that you? I know you don't want to talk to me, but I have one more question to ask." "Just great," Draco whispered with anger. "Now I get to have you and Pansy jumping down my throat at the same time." "Oh, stop whining and just hide, you big baby," Ginny said as she grabbed his hand and pulled him into a nearby abandoned classroom. Draco stared at Ginny sulkily as she pressed her ear to the door she closed behind them. After a moment a small smile crossed her face. "There, she's gone. Now was that so hard?" "I shouldn't have to hide from girls, especially Pansy." Ginny rolled her eyes as she walked across him to go sit on a desk top. "What has gotten into you?" she said as she stared at this grumpy face. "If anyone is asking questions here, it's me," Draco said quickly. "Why are you here, or better yet, why did you follow me inside?" "You tell me, Draco," Ginny said as her legs dangled over the edge. "There is something going on with you, and instead of being all dramatic and angry- tempered, why won't you just tell me?" Draco quickly averted his eyes to the floor. "I don't know what you're talking about." "Then let me refresh your memory. Just moments ago you were getting all cozy and nice by the lake, even bringing me dinner, and suddenly you jump away as if I burned you. Sound familiar?" Draco glanced up at her, suddenly wishing he didn't. Watching her sit like that on the desk, with her legs dangling over the edge, reminded him of a dream he once had about her, a certain dream where she seduced him. Suddenly very uncomfortable and slightly nervous, Draco quickly shook his head. "Just forget about it," he almost pleaded. How was he to talk about something he didn't even fully understand, or even want to acknowledge? With a frown, Ginny hopped down from her seat and walked towards him. "Do you not want to continue this?" "This?" he almost stuttered as he watched her approach him slowly. What the hell was getting into him? "Our plan to get back at Harry," Ginny said slowly, stopping a foot in front of him. The sound of Potter's name brought anger to Draco's eyes. "Oh, so you still want revenge on Potter?" Confusion filled her face. "Of course I do, Draco. Do you not remember what he did to me?" "No, Ginny, do **you** not remember?" Draco yelled, not being able to hold it in anymore. "Excuse me?" Ginny asked in shock. "**You** had your poor, little heart broken by the famous Potter. **You** came crying to me, wanting help. **You** wanted revenge, to get back at him and make him suffer like you did." "You don't have to remind me, I certainly remember!" Ginny yelled back. **"THEN WHY THE FUCK DO YOU STILL LOVE HIM?" ** Ginny's mouth hung open in surprise at Draco's outburst. "Is that what's been bothering you?" Ginny asked quietly in slight disbelief. If anyone was surprised, it was Draco. The last thing he wanted to do was loose his temper in front of Ginny. Actually the last thing he wanted to do was admit that that was indeed bothering him. "I don't think that really matters, does it?" Draco said through clenched teeth. "All that matters to you is your precious Potter." "That's not true," Ginny said, slightly shaking. "Oh, isn't it? Your whole life revolves around him! First, you love Potter and try to get him to return it. When that doesn't work, you result to turning into this heartless piece of mush with intentions to get back at him. That won't even work because you never stopped loving him!" "Did you really expect me to just push out all feelings for him? It's not that easy, Draco! I thought I did, but it's impossible to just forget about someone you have loved for your whole life! Haven't you ever been in love?" Ginny asked, praying that he somehow would understand her. "No, I haven't," Draco said with sudden quietness. "Well I'm sure you've had strong feelings for someone." Draco quickly looked away from her stare to hide his eyes. "Even if I have, what's your point?" "Would you be able to just push away all feelings for them? Would you be able to lie to yourself about your true feelings just to prevent yourself from getting hurt?" Draco slowly brought his gray eyes to brown ones. He stared at her hard for several seconds, before responding with a stern answer. "Yes." Ginny slowly nodded her head, with a slightly sad expression on her face. "Well, I'm sorry, but I can't." Draco stared where she last stood even after she walked away from him to exit the room, slowly running through his brain on what just happened. "Oh, and Draco?" Draco brought his gaze to the Ginny who was halfway out the door. "Yes?" he asked. "Maybe if you didn't push your true feelings away, you would know what it's like to be in love." Draco stared at her with a blank face. "And maybe if you didn't keep old feelings alive, you would know what it's like not to have a broken heart." Ginny's face turned into a frown. "At least I have a heart to be broken." With that she quickly walked away, closing the door on Draco, as Draco quickly closed his own door to his heart. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Eek! *Running away from angry reviewers who wanted a happy chapter and no cliffhanger!* Okay, please no one kill me, but this story is under romance AND drama. You had to expect some twists and turns! But it will soon get happier and there will be moments of D/G goodness. But patience! Also, as a response to many reviews, yes I am evil, so you must suffer with my evil cliffes. Mwuahahaha. But have no fear, as evil as I am, I make sure that the next chapter backs the cliffe up with something good! Thank you all for reading and I would like to leave a special response to 3 reviewers who left big enough reviews that I could really respond to from the last two chapters. (I know others have asked questions way far back, but by now most of them have been answered. Sorry that I don’t have the time to respond to every one.) **Dark Roses**: I must say that from all of my reviews on this site, and my 500 other ones on a different site, you are the very first person to say that the plot is moving way too fast. That was actually one thing I really stuck to was keeping a pace where Draco and Ginny didn’t just fall in love with each other two chapters into the story, because I think that is pretty unrealistic. There are a lot of D/G stories out there that have a great plot, but move it so fast with all the D/G action and kissing that it just ruins the whole story. I actually thought at points that I was moving too slow, where some chapters would just occur in one scene versus two weeks. Thank you for your honest thoughts, but I am happy with the pace I am going at. To tell you the truth, when I first wrote this story I didn’t concentrate on keeping the characters in character. I sort of pictured that this is how they would act if this situation ever really took place. I’m glad you like the plan and the jokes. I’m a personal favorite of all of Draco’s funny comments. I apologize about the Harry and Ginny scene (I actually got asked by a portkey monitor to be careful with scenes like that) I keep on forgetting that this site doesn’t really appreciate H/G action. But as horrible as it was (or in your case sick hehe) there will be no more of that for the rest of the story. I just needed to give a good example of why Ginny is feeling the way she is. I must congratulate you on your review for chapter two when you said that it seems like Ginny is longing for Harry more than she hates him. After their breakup she became confused, hurt, and angry, and ignored all feelings and felt it was easiest to get revenge and make him suffer. But that doesn’t mean she can just push away all those feelings she had for him a minute before he hurt her. It doesn’t work that quickly. Thank you for your long, consistent reviews!! It really means a lot to me to see someone review on each individual chapter instead of just saving it for the last one. **Sexytexy**: I don’t want to pick favorites or anything, but you have been one of my best reviewers so far! Thank you so much for you long reviews, they meant a lot to me. Haha, many people have already wished death threats on Harry. Poor guy…hehe. I’m glad you appreciated the idea that I don’t want Draco to give into his emotions too quickly like too many other fics out there. I really tried to stay away from falling into all that smut and tried to make it as realistic as possible. Ginny is a big daft in this story, but personally, I would be blinded if I was in her position. After that whole experience with Harry, I too would be fearful of love again, and become blinded of other’s emotions around me. Later on in the story Harry does require a new girl, which develops more drama, so just watch for that. Hehe and yes, I am famous for my evil cliffes hehe. I rarely end a chapter normally, so get used to it hehe! Sorry about the H/G scene, but it was needed. It won’t happen again lol! I’m glad you’re thankful for the D/G communication. That was one of the trickiest parts, making sure they communicated well enough where they have an open space to fall for each other by time, while giving them room. Once again thank you for your amazingly long reviews. I was honestly shocked when I saw your page long review. I even showed it off to a friend hehe. **Lindsey**: …if they made a movie out of this that would be kick ass! And as the writer *I* get to play Ginny Weasley with Tom Felton as Draco. MWUAHAHAHA. Hehe, sorry. I’d too love it if Draco and Ginny actually got together in the books, have a little side Romeo and Juliet scene going on, but I think we must all admit that it’s never going to happen. *sigh* Hey, if you want to talk, just email me. My address is in my author profile, along with my AIM screenname. And I hoped you liked my disclaimer that mentioned you. Once again, thank you *so* much to everyone. I’ll admit it, I’m a review junkie, and everyone really puts me in amazing moods! Liz21 10. Chapter Ten --------------- Disclaimer: No update on owning Draco Malfoy. All I have of him is a very sexy picture, which I tend to drool at. I only own the idea and Riley, and I should really start cleaning up the pile of drool on my desk. Summary: Ginny's heart is broken by the one man she's ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco's 7th year, Ginny's 6th For everyone who reviews, I'll share Draco with you once I get him! By share I mean five minutes with him. By five minutes I mean you are allowed to hug him. Okay never mind he's mine. Hehehe. Okay, you're allowed to look at him. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Chapter Ten ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny hastily pushed her red hair out of her eyes so she could read her book, only she was staring at him instead of looking up information in the library. She knew that her last words to Draco were cold and shallow, but she didn't quite understand why he was keeping his distance from her for the past two weeks. She never thought it was possible to stay away from one person for so long, one that she was so used to spending her time with, but it was. When he wasn't avoiding eye contact during meals, he was brushing past her in hallways without even a glance. People started talking, asking Ginny if she and Draco broke up, or what was going on between them. She always responded with the same small smile, answering that they have both been very busy lately with their own lives. How was she supposed to answer them if she herself had no clue what was really going on? Sure, they shared some harsh words the last time spoke, but this was Draco Malfoy. When did they not have a fight or two? Ginny sighed loudly as she closed her book, knowing that there was no way she would be able to concentrate with her mind racing like it was. She instead studied Draco who was two tables away. She took in his posture, which was perfect as usual, and watched as he scribbled down notes. Not once did he look up at her, even though she was certain he knew she was there. If she knew what to apologize over, she would have by now. She was certain she did something very wrong to upset Draco this much, but she did nothing out of the ordinary. Even though it was hard for her to admit, she missed having his company. He may be a spoiled brat, but he always did make her smile, something she hadn't been able to do lately. Finally having enough, Ginny quickly gathered her books and marched over to Draco's table, stopping right next to his seat. "Draco, we need to talk," Ginny blurted out, hoping that he would respond to her. "Can't you see I'm busy, Weasley?" Draco answered in a low voice as he continued to write. "So it's back to Weasley now, is it?" Ginny asked as she settled her books onto his desk. Draco's writing stopped, but he continued to stare at his book. "What other way would it be?" "How about the way when you called me Ginny, would talk to me in the hallways, and risk our lives by making a presence in front of Ron?" "And why do you want it that way?" Ginny slowly shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. It just feels better than this." Draco slowly turned his eyes away from the book and to her. Ginny's heart dropped at the hard look in them. "This? This is reality. I am a Malfoy, you are a Weasley. We're not supposed to call each other by first names, talk, or even be seen together. All of that was a silly little plan you created just to get back at someone you supposedly hated. So are you telling me that you want something that is a lie?" "I-I,” Ginny stuttered, not expecting that at all. "I didn't know that all of it was just pretend to you." Draco shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly before going back to his book. "Wasn't it to you? I mean, all this time you were still in love with Potter, and you pretended you weren't." "I never did that, Draco," Ginny said with sudden stern. "Why would I have asked you for your help if all along I was still in love with Harry? Why go through all of these plans to hurt him and make him angry if I was still in love with him?" "Because you're a woman and you like to play with our hearts." Ginny opened her mouth to yell at Draco, to tell him that he was not being fair to her, when she paused and took in what he said. "*Our* hearts?" Ginny asked with suspicion. "Whose hearts are we talking about here?" Even though Draco's face was not looking at her, she could just make out his eyes widening at his choice of words. "Draco?" Ginny asked quietly. "What's really going on here?" An awkward moment passed between them, so awkward that Draco could not even keep his cool. He quickly stood up from his seat and hastily slammed his book shut. "This discussion is over, Weasley," he muttered as he packed his bag. "My arse it is," Ginny spat as she grabbed Draco's arm to prevent him from leaving. Stopping at her contact, Draco slowly turned his angry, gray eyes onto hers once more. "If you know what's good for you, you will release your filthy, mudblood loving hand from me." Ginny gasped at his words, and quickly let go of him as if she was burned. This wasn't her Draco. This was the Draco she feared for years, the Draco that bullied her and everyone she loved. Draco turned his back at her to leave, but stood still for a quiet moment. "Whatever was between us is over," he spoke in a calm voice, never once turning to face Ginny. "As of now we go back to how it used to be. It was easier that way." Ginny's heart instantly dropped. Before she could even get in a word, Draco quickly walked out of the library with his black robes billowing in threat. Just like they use to before Ginny came into his life. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny stared at the fire in front of her in a daze. Another dinner passed when Draco completely ignored her presence, and after the fight they had earlier she just could not take it. No longer having an appetite, she excused herself from Riley and Colin, and immediately went to her favorite chair in the Gryffindor common room. And here she found herself staring off into space and only thinking of him. Why the sudden change in him? How could he just instantly forget about all the time they have shared together, for whatever purpose, and act as if it never happened? He turned a complete 180 on her and completely left her in the dark. She kept on back tracking to what caused him to turn on her, but could not put all the pieces together. Something was missing. He was hiding something from her, and she wasn't going to rest until she knew what it is. She heard the common room entrance open, and sighed quietly at the thought of everyone returning from dinner. She was about to sit up when she saw it was just Ron. "There you are, Gin. I've been looking everywhere for you. Why did you leave dinner so early?" Ginny slowly shrugged her shoulders as Ron took a seat right next to her. "Just wasn't hungry. Why have you been looking for me?" A big smile appeared on Ron's face, and suddenly Ginny didn't want to know. "Ginny, have I ever told you that you're my favorite sister and I'm sorry for ever doubting you?" Ginny rolled her eyes at her brother whose arm was draped around her shoulders. "One, I'm your only sister, and two, what do you want?" "Padma told me that she saw you and Draco break up." Ginny narrowed her eyes at Ron, whose face resembled a child on Christmas morning. "And when was this?" "Earlier in the library. It was about time, really," Ron said as he ranted on. "Ron, Draco and I are still together," Ginny said out of habit. Her heart dropped a little, knowing that she was also lying to herself. She just couldn't tell Ron yet that her and Draco are over, even if they were never really together. Ron's face immediately fell. "But-but you two have been so distant lately, and Padma saw you two having some sort of row in the library, and-" Ginny sighed quietly while patting his hand lightly. She felt sort of bad for Ron, him having to deal with the idea of his baby sister with his worst enemy. "That's all it is, a bit of a row. You and Hermione fight all the time, but you two are still friends." Ron quickly shook his head, frustrated at hearing her news. "But that's different, Gin. Hermione and I are just friends. Malfoy just wants to get in your pants." Ginny's mouth dropped open. "That is not true! How can you say such a thing?" "Why else would he be with you, Ginny?" Ron nearly screamed. "Why else would Malfoy be sticking with you all this time, having to deal with all this crap, if he wasn't doing it just for sex?" "Maybe it's because he actually likes me!" Ginny yelled as she stood up in rage. "Maybe Draco is with me because he actually cares for me, and wants to be with me for me! Maybe," Ginny paused quickly, a look of realization of her face. "Oh my gosh," Ginny whispered to herself, completely ignoring the looks on her brother's face. "Maybe that is it." "What is it?" Ron barked impatiently. Ginny looked over at Ron in disbelief. "Draco Malfoy likes me." "That's the problem, Gin!" Ron yelled, completely missing the look on her face. "Malfoy likes you, or wants to get in your pants, or whatever his intention is, is the problem. Now all you have to do is make him go away, and all is good in the world." Without responding to his remark, Ginny quickly headed towards the common room entrance. "Hey!" Ron called after her. "Where are you going?" "I need to talk to Draco," she said quickly. "I'll see you later." Ron watched his little sister walk out of the common room, well aware of where she was going, and for the first time didn't stop her. A wide smile crept over his face as he relaxed more into the couch. "About time she listened to me," he said as he wandered off into a daydream where Malfoy did not exist. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter! Thank you SO much to everyone who has reviewed. I love you all! Please make my day again and review! Also a quick note to **pinksunryse**. Your review cracked me up when you said this: **…the boring “Omigod Draco let’s get revenge on Harry!” “Okay” “Omigod I think I love you” “I think I love you too!”…** Hehehe trust me, I know where you’re coming from! D/G fics bother me when they do that too. And to help with your confusion when Draco says this to Ginny last chapter: **“You had your poor, little heart broken by the famous Potter. You came crying to me, wanting help. You wanted revenge to get back at him and make him suffer like you did.”** You are correct that Ginny didn’t come crying to him, but look at Draco’s place at this point during the story. Whatever he is feeling for Ginny he is in denial of and battling with himself over it. He’s going to adjust the truth a smidge just so it better fits his side of the argument, or even give him more of an excusable reason to feel angry towards Ginny still loving Harry. If he puts it as Ginny crying to him, thus involving him with little choice, he has more of a right to be angry with the whole Harry thing now. Sounds crazy, but weird stuff like that will happen if you’re denying true thoughts and feelings. And my story is rated R for later chapters, so there will be some things to look forward to..hehe… Also as a comment to **dark roses** and others, I know last chapter was a bit short just as this one is, but I end certain chapters at places for a reason, so how ever long it is by then really just depends. And don’t worry, longer chapters are coming soon. Liz21 11. Chapter Eleven ------------------ Disclaimer: Oh dear, what have I done? My wanting to own Draco has caused an uproar in the reviews, people claiming that they own Draco or they want him also. Well, we can’t all have him, now can we? And I do not like to share. So while I try to figure out a way to work this problem out, I don’t own anything. Summary: Ginny's heart is broken by the one man she's ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco's 7th year, Ginny's 6th For everyone who reviews, I'll share Draco with you once I get him! By share I mean five minutes with him. By five minutes I mean you are allowed to hug him. Okay never mind he's mine. Hehehe. Okay, you're allowed to look at him. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Chapter Eleven ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* The library scene with Ginny ran through Draco’s mind, as he tried to make sense of what he told her. *"Whatever was between us is over. As of now we go back to how it used to be. It was easier that way.”* He could not believe that all of this was really happening, and so fast. Just a few weeks ago, he was almost kissing her and feeling all sorts of things. And now, now he is supposed to act like none of that ever happened. That he never thought of her as more that just another Weasley, or the fact that he might have had feelings for her. Draco sighed quietly as he put his feet on top of the coffee table. When she told him about her true feelings for Potter, like it was nothing at all, he felt his whole world crashing down. It took him two weeks to realize that that was indeed what it felt like, and it hurt twice as much to realize that after all of this it was because he did undeniably like Ginny. He, Draco Malfoy, Prince of Slytherin, fell for a Gryffindor. And the worst part was that the feeling was not mutual. No, the worst part was that she turned him back into what he once was. Draco grumbled angrily at himself as he picked a grape off the stem and threw it across the common room. But who is he to blame Ginny for getting hurt? He should have known better than to have allowed himself to open his heart up to her. His father taught him better than this, that to love is to be weak. And all Ginny did was make him feel weak. It hurt too much to be near her, knowing that she would never know of his true feelings. He never felt that with another girl, so it had to have been something special. But it was all ruined. She just could not let go off Potter, so he had to let go of her. No matter what he felt about her anymore, it was just easier to call everything off and go back to being enemies. He did not think that he would be able to play pretend with her and not feel anything. It would have eventually worn him down. So it was completely over between them. They would no longer talk like friends, or look at each other like lovers. They were back to how they were meant to be, enemies. And here he was, only a little after dinner, sitting all alone in his own common room. This was how it was meant to be for him. To be alone. “Draco!” ‘Never mind,’ he thought to himself as the shrieking voice filled the room. Draco rolled his eyes as he looked towards the common room entrance to see a furious Pansy storming through. “What did I do this time?” he asked casually. “I have had it up to here with all of this!” Pansy snapped as she walked up to Draco. “It was hard enough to accept it, but this has gone too far!” “What the hell are you yelping about?” Draco muttered. He was in no mood for another Pansy bitching. “That red hair thing you call your girlfriend is standing outside right as we speak! Draco, did you tell her where our common room is? You know that that is against the rules!” Draco quickly stood up from the leather couch. “Ginny is right outside you said?” he asked in disbelief. Pansy rolled her eyes. “Did I stutter? Now I suggest you go out there and tell that pathetic Gryffindor where she belongs!” Ignoring Pansy’s rude comment, Draco waved her off and walked to the door. He stared at it, taking a few deep breaths before opening it. He wanted to get his head on straight and his attitude just right. With his cold eyes and a blank face intact, Draco casually opened up the door to find Ginny slumped against the cold wall outside. “What do you think you are doing here?” Ginny jumped at his voice and quickly stood up straight. “Draco!” Draco narrowed his eyes at her. “I don’t remember giving you permission to address me by my first name, Weasley.” “Will you cut the whole Slytherin act, Draco?” Ginny snapped. “I didn’t come here and beg Pansy Parkinson to tell you that I needed to see you just to hear this.” Draco opened his mouth for another rude comment when he looked up to see several Slytherins making their way towards them. “I don’t feel like making a scene, Weasley. So can we at least go somewhere private? I don’t want to give my house the impression that I invited you here.” Ginny sighed loudly as she nodded her head. Without making eye contact at her, Draco led the way, not even bothering to see if Ginny was following him or not. A few random turns later, Ginny finally broke the silence. “Draco, where are we going?” Draco ignored her question, as he wasn’t even too sure of where he was going. His head would only concentrate on the idea of Ginny wanting to talk to him about something. But what was it? Sick of walking, Draco picked a random room to walk into. He did not even look to see what was in the room until he heard Ginny gasp with surprise behind him. Draco felt his eyes widen slightly at the spiral staircase right in front of him. “Is this,” Draco began to ask, but stopped when he watched Ginny slowly walk up the staircase in awe. “This is the room I ran to after Harry broke up with me,” Ginny whispered as she kept her eyes towards the top of the stairs. She paused and looked down at Draco. “This is where we came together.” Draco only nodded his head as he too walked up the stairs. Words did not enter his mouth until he reached the top and found Ginny sitting in the same, dusty couch. He suddenly did not feel like pretending anymore with her. “Do you remember what you told me here?” Draco asked quietly as he stood next to Ginny. Ginny looked up at him and shook her head. The moonlight reflected off of her face, just like it did back in September. Draco sighed quietly as he took a seat next to her. “You told me that only fools fall in love, and that you would not be a fool again.” Ginny studied him silently. “Do you think that I’m a fool, Draco?” Draco shrugged his shoulders and stared at his hands. “Yes and no.” “Yes and no?” Ginny repeated in confusion. Draco sighed slowly. “Yes, for not giving up on Potter, and no, because…” “Because what, Draco?” Draco’s eyes flickered up to hers. “Because you can’t help who you fall in love with.” Ginny stared at him, slightly shocked by what he said. “I have a question, Draco. Why does my loving Harry upset you so much?” Draco’s heart stopped beating. He was not expecting her to ask that. “Because I don’t’ want you to get hurt.” That was true, maybe that wasn’t the only reason, but she did not have to know that. “But then why would you stop talking to me? Why would you turn so cold and hateful towards me?” Ginny asked with a hurtful voice. “Because I don’t think I would be able to watch you get hurt by Potter again.” Ginny opened her mouth to speak, but paused. How could she ask Draco if he liked her without making it terribly comfortable? Or maybe it was better off if she didn’t ask. Some things were better left unsaid. “Draco, I don’t like it that we have to be back to hating each other. I actually don’t think that I can do it.” That was something she was not even planning on saying, but it was the truth. Draco nodded his head slowly in agreement. “Me neither,” he said quietly. “But what now?” Ginny shrugged her shoulders. “Let’s not put a label or plan on anything.” “So you want us to be friends?” Ginny smiled at Draco. “Yes, that sounds good. Is that all right with you?” Draco watched the smile on her face, and not since their last night in there did he realize just how beautiful she is. Could he suppress his feelings for her and watch her move onto Potter? Could he really just stand by and just be a friend to her? Could he be with her knowing all the time that he could never be more with her? “Friends it is,” Draco said casually. Ginny’s smile grew as she stood up. “Well, I might as well go make Ron’s day and tell him that we’re just friends.” A smirk crept over Draco’s face as he followed her down the stairs. “Or we could accidentally forget to tell him and watch him turn red whenever he sees us together.” “Draco, be nice,” Ginny threatened with a smile. “But now how am I going to watch him squirm?” “Just go back to your lame insults on our family and his girlfriend being a mudblood.” “Hey! Those were not lame! I would stay up at night thinking of those.” “The sad thing is I believe you.” Draco’s face dropped at being defeated. He stole a quick glance at the red head next to him before placing his hand on her head and rubbing her red hair. “Draco!” Ginny shrieked at her crazy hair as she tried to run away from him. “Don’t worry,” Draco said as they walked out of the room. “I made it look better.” “Well I just can’t have better looking hair than you!” Ginny giggled as she attacked Draco’s hair with both hands. “You witch!” Draco yelled as he quickly tried to defend his precious hair. “You’re going to wish you never did that!” Ginny shrieked with laughter as she quickly ran away from the frazzled Draco, only for him to follow her and threaten her of all the things he would do to her when she least expected it. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Yay for no more grumpy Draco! I have gotten several comments that the chapters are too short; I should make them longer…yeah yeah. Well, have no fear. Next chapter is twice as long as this one, the chapter after that is twice as long as the next chapter and the next chapter…wait…I got myself confused. Pretty much longer chapters are soon to be expected, so be patient! Liz21 12. Chapter Twelve ------------------ Disclaimer: Okay, I have no solution on how so many people besides JK Rowling can own Draco. I just do not like to share, and I’m sure once someone else gets their hands on Draco they won’t want to share either. So if anyone has any solutions, let me know. Otherwise you know the routine: I own nada unless I claim it. Summary: Ginny's heart is broken by the one man she's ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco's 7th year, Ginny's 6th Check out my other fics, Brick Wall, Juliet without Her Romeo, and Lover I Don’t Have to Love. For everyone who reviews, I'll share Draco with you once I get him! By share I mean five minutes with him. By five minutes I mean you are allowed to hug him. Okay never mind he's mine. Hehehe. Okay, you're allowed to look at him. The only things that are mine in this chapter are Riley, Ms. Amrbogi, and Theresa. And of course the whole idea of this story and I don’t own anything about Cinderella and Romeo and Juliet. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Chapter Twelve ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny munched happily on an apple as she listened to Riley gossip about some Ravenclaw boy she had her eye on. It was nearing towards the end of the fourth week in October, and she was in a surprisingly good mood. Ever since Draco and she decided to become friends and stop all the lies and drama that followed, she noticed that every one has been in a better mood. Ron was still glowing like a child on Christmas morning, Riley has stopped giving her questioning looks, Pansy had continued to send her death glares but she didn’t mind it as much, and Harry… She didn’t know what to make of Harry. She certainly got his attention and possibly did make him jealous, but nothing happened as she planned. He never came back to her on one knee, begging for her forgiveness, or even fought over her with Draco. At least now he stopped looking at her like some pity case. The loud chatter of the dining hall brought her back to Riley, who thankfully didn’t notice her zoning out. “So, do you think Scott likes me at all?” Riley questioned nervously. Ginny’s eyes quickly wandered away from her friend as she tried to remember what Riley was saying before her mind drifted off. “Who wouldn’t like you, Riley?” Well that much was true. Riley’s face brightened at Ginny’s answer. “Well I hope he asks me to the Halloween Ball. Can you believe that the dance is almost a week away, and I don’t have a date yet?” “What?” Ginny coughed, almost choking on her apple. “What dance?” Riley stared at her in disbelief. “The big ball that is on Halloween night! Where have you been, Gin? It’s what all the girls are talking about.” Ginny’s face quickly paled. She completely forget about the dance, the one she wanted desperately to show up to, prettier than all the girls, and show Harry what he was missing out on. Riley frowned at Ginny’s face. “Don’t you have a date, Gin?” “You don’t have a date to the biggest event of the year? Wow, even Eloise Midgen is going!” Ginny groaned silently before turning to Lavender who was sitting across the table. “What does it matter to you, Lavender?” Ginny growled, giving her a glare for being so bold with her statement. She never did like Lavender for her bragging of all the boys that loved her and her constant gossiping of other girls. Lavender flipped her hair over her shoulder as she eyed Ginny down. “I’m just curious as to who was going to take the job of picking up what Harry dropped.” Ginny’s eyes flashed dangerously as her cheeks reddened with her temper. Riley grew eerily quite, and seemed to be preparing herself for an outburst. “And how is Harry and my business apart of yours?” she said between clenched teeth. Lavender narrowed her heavily make-up eyes at Ginny with a smirk. “Because Harry is *my* date to the ball, and I don’t want to have to deal with your pitiful ass trying to steal him from me.” “You better watch that tongue of yours, Brown,” Ginny warned, clutching her wand so tightly that red sparks came out of it. “Oh, you mean this tongue that has been down the throat of your love?” Ginny stood up so abruptly that her dinner plate went flying to the floor with a crash, causing most of the students’ attention to look her way. Loving the attention, Lavender too stood up and said loudly, “Just because you’re dateless and unwanted doesn’t mean you have to get all huffy!” “And just because you’re Harry’s date doesn’t mean you have to be such a whore! Oh wait; you always were a whore, weren’t you?” Lavender’s eyes narrowed dangerously at the fuming redhead. “Watch who you’re calling a whore, Weasley. The last time I checked, you were all over Malfoy the second Harry dumped you. If a whore isn’t sleeping with her ex’s enemy the second he turns his back, I don’t know what is.” “Just because Draco and Harry don’t get along does not make me any less of a person,” Ginny snapped angrily. “And unlike you, I don’t open my legs to any guy who shows interest in me.” Lavender, who opened her mouth up to yell, kept it open a bit too long without words, giving Ginny the chance to follow up. “Your mouth is used for words to come out, Brown, not for what I’m sure you’ve stuck in there.” Riley snorted loudly, trying to hold in her laughter at the sight of Lavender’s red face. Ginny caught a glance of Harry in the corner of her eye, who, instead of sticking up for his date, was looking at Ginny like she was a whole new person. Satisfied with her work, she made to leave when Lavender’s words stopped her. “At least a guy has stuck with me long enough for us to evolve romantically. You sent Malfoy running the second you laid that horrible kiss on him in the entrance hall.” “You’d be surprised, Brown. She’s ten times the kisser you’ll ever be.” Ginny quickly turned around to find Draco standing right behind her. Bewildered at his entrance, she was just about to ask what he was doing there when he interrupted her. “Now, Ginny, don’t forget that we have our appointments Saturday morning for our costumes to be made and I ordered us a carriage to bring us to Hogsmeade. I don’t want your feet to get sore from walking right before the dance.” Ginny stared at Draco with a look of disbelief, not caring that she looked like an idiot. “You’re Ginny’s date?” Lavender asked, suddenly feeling smaller than she did a moment ago. “Of course I am,” Draco said with a sneer. “Maybe next time you should wait for a response before you make an ass out of yourself.” “But-but I thought you two were just friends,” Lavender stuttered nervously under Draco’s glare. “That doesn’t mean that she doesn’t deserve the best,” Draco retorted, “and I am the best.” With one last smirk at Lavender who was now sitting in shock, and a glare at Harry out of habit, Draco put his arm around Ginny’s shoulders and led her out of the Great Hall. Once they were out of view, Ginny turned to him in amazement and a bit of disbelief. “Why did you just do that for me?” Draco looked at her like she was crazy. “Do what? I was meaning to tell you for a while. I just couldn’t pass down the opportunity to rub it in that tramp’s face.” Ginny didn’t think her eyes could grow any wider, but they just did. “You mean you were serious about us going to the dance? Even about the costumes and carriage?” “Of course I am. A Malfoy never lies.” “A Malfoy never lies?” Ginny repeated with a joking smile on her face. “We exaggerate,” Draco answered as the two continued to walk down the hallway. “So you are coming with me, aren’t you? Seeing as the appointments are already made and you not having a date…” “Oh shut up with the date thing,” Ginny said as she playfully smacked him in the arm. “What if I say no? What if I actually do have a date?” “You don’t,” he said simply. Ginny glared at him. “And what makes you so sure of that?” “Because the only person I saw behind you was me.” Ginny’s eyes softened at his words. She tried to steal a glimpse of him, but he was very content at looking anywhere but her. “Draco?” Draco turned his head towards her. “Yeah?” “You’re a great friend.” Draco’s face paused for a second before turning into a small smile. “Shut up, Weasley. I don’t want you turning me all soft.” Ginny grinned at him. “Me? Soft? Did you not hear what I had to say to Lavender?” “True and I take full responsibility for rubbing off on you.” Ginny smirked at his. “I was good, wasn’t I?” Draco paused to take a second to look Ginny straight in the face. “No,” he said quietly, “You were perfect.” Before Ginny could have a chance to react, Draco picked up the pace again. “What are you doing just standing there, Weasley? We have to start figuring out what the hell we have to be for that damn ball.” “Whatever you say, Malfoy,” Ginny said with a grin, running to catch up with him. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny slowly shook her head in awe as she stood next to Draco outside the doors of Hogwarts. As Draco promised a white carriage, with while horses and all, showed up to take the two to Hogsmeade to go shopping for the dance. “You never cease to amaze me, Draco,” Ginny muttered as they walked towards it. The first thing that popped into her head when she saw it was that it looked similar to the one in Cinderella, a muggle movie she once watched with Hermione, except this one did not have a driver. Draco opened up the door, stood aside, and held out his hand to help her in. “Such a gentleman,” Ginny joked as she stepped into the warm carriage with him following behind her. There was only one set of loveseats, which they occupied, and once Draco closed the door he ordered to be brought to the finest tailor in all of Hogsmeade. Ginny’s stomach suddenly dropped. How was she to pay for her costume, especially from the most expensive place Draco could find? She glanced worriedly at Draco, who sat very relaxed next to her, and couldn’t help but wonder what it would be like to have money like he did. He had everything he wanted and needed. She must have been staring at him for too long when he glanced at her expression and frowned. “What’s wrong?” he asked with concern. “Do you not like the carriage? I knew I shouldn’t have picked white. What was I thinking?” “No, no, Draco. That’s not it at all,” Ginny said quickly, now embarrassed that she got him all worked up. “Well, then what is it?” he questioned, apparently very confused. Ginny turned her head to look out her window at all the shops they were passing in Hogsmeade. It was amazing how much quicker they could get to Hogsmeade by transportation. Draco placed his hand under her chin, turning her face softly so she would look at him. “Ginny, please tell me what’s wrong. Are you regretting going with me?” Ginny shook her head fiercely. “Not at all, Draco! It’s just that I…” She paused briefly to take a deep breath. Never would she thought that she would be telling Draco of her money problems, but that didn’t seem too crazy next to her going to a dance with him. “Idon’thavethatmuchmoneyandprobablycan’taffordwhereeverwe’regoingtoshopat.” Draco’s face went completely blank. “Come again?” Ginny turned her head to look at her feet. “I don’t have that much money and probably can’t afford…” “Is that what’s making you so upset?” Draco asked, a bit relieved. “Ginny, I wouldn’t have planned everything out this way if I wasn’t planning on paying for it all.” Ginny sighed quietly at his offer. “Draco, I don’t want you to pay for me.” “I know you don’t, and that’s what sets you from any other girl. You’re with me because of me, not my money. No one has ever done that for me before, Gin,” Draco said seriously. “Please let me buy you your costume. That’s how I want to say thank you for treating me like a real person and not a bank.” Ginny stared at the young man next to her, the one who tortured her and her family about money issues for fun. Just when she thought that Draco couldn’t surprise her anymore, he out does himself. “If you’re sure…” “Of course I am. And plus, I wouldn’t have it any other way. Like I said before, you deserve the best,” Draco said with a smile just as the carriage stopped and the door swung open. Draco poked his head out before stepping out himself. After he helped Ginny out of the carriage, the two of them stared at the store in front of them. Once again, Ginny was in awe, but because of the fact that they were about to shop at M. L. Design’s, the most famous and expensive designer in the known wizarding world. “I didn’t even know Hogsmeade had a M.L. Design’s,” Ginny nearly whispered as they approached the door. “Aren’t there only two others in France and London?” Draco nodded a yes as the two of them entered a room filled with leather sofas, chandeliers, and even a grand piano that was playing by itself. Feeling very underdressed in a Weasley jumper, jeans, and a ratty robe, she just made a move to hide behind Draco when a loud, fake voice greeted them. “Young Mr. Malfoy! It is so good to see you!” A tall and skinny woman in her early 40’s approached them with huge, brown eyes and brown hair that was pulled into a French twist. Draco gently took the hand she extended and barely touched it with his lips. “As the same to you, Ms. Ambrogi. How is business?” “As wonderful as ever, what with you mother as one of your regulars in our London location,” she said as she signaled over an employee who held a tray of tea and mini cakes. “Care of a cup of tea?” “No thanks, I’m afraid we’re on a tight schedule.” “We?” Ms. Ambrogi asked before peeking around Draco and catching sight of Ginny. “Oh my, I didn’t even see you! Don’t be shy, young lady. Who is your lady friend, Mr. Malfoy?” “Miss Virginia Weasley, who is my date for the upcoming costume ball at Hogwarts,” Draco said so sternly that it swiped the smile right off of Ms. Ambrogi’s face. “I except you to treat her as you would my mother, or we will take our business else where.” If the scared look on Ms. Ambrogi’s face wouldn’t have been so funny, Ginny would have felt slightly embarrassed at having to be stuck up for like that. “I would only think of treating a guest of yours like your mother, Mr. Malfoy!” Ms. Ambrogi said as she snapped her fingers, causing a male and a female employee to appear next to her. “These are my two personal assistants, Kevin and Theresa. They will take you two for your measurements, and than I will meet with the two of you to discuss what you have in mind for your costumes.” Draco and Ginny nodded in agreement as they were both taken by an assistant of the same sex to opposite sides of the room and into huge dressing rooms. Ginny tried to not fidget when Theresa was taking measurements, but she was not used to such treatment. “So you’re a Weasley, hu?” Theresa asked as she measured the length of Ginny’s leg. “Yes,” Ginny tried to say proudly, but after the treatment that Draco gave Ms. Ambrogi she didn’t’ know what to expect. “I was a few years older than those twin brothers of yours,” Theresa stated as she pushed back her blonde, curly hair. “Fred and George right? They always did crack me up.” Ginny’s body relaxed a bit. “Yep, they are good at that.” Theresa smiled at her comment. “If you don’t mind me saying, Miss Weasley, I’m a bit shocked to hear that you’re here with Mr. Malfoy. I may not have been at school when Mr. Malfoy was, but anyone who knows the name Malfoy and Weasley knows that the two don’t go together.” “Yes, it is a bit odd, isn’t it?” Ginny said as lifted her right arm up. “Sort of reminds me of that muggle play, Romeo and Juliet,” Theresa replied, “where two people from two households, who hated each other, ending up falling in love. Ginny felt her face burn a little at Theresa’s words. “Oh, we’re not in love,” Ginny said. “We’re just friends.” “You say that now,” Theresa said as she finished up with her last measurements, “But for all you know it could be blind love.” Ginny took in her words, and just simply shook her head. The idea of Draco loving her was too out there to even try and think about it. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* “So, do we have any ideas for your costumes?” Ms. Ambrogi asked Draco and Ginny as all three of them sat in her office. “All we need is an idea from you, and your part is done. We’ll then use our measurements, talents, and mail the outfits to you at school once they are complete.” Draco nodded as he looked over at Ginny. “Do you have anything that you would prefer?” Ginny shook her head. She hadn’t put much thought into what she wanted Draco and her to go as. “Hmm,” Ms. Ambrogi said in deep thought. “I suggest some sort of couple, so the outfits will go together, and you need to be based on someone that is known for something. You can’t just be any average wizard and witch, now can you? It is Halloween, so we could go with a scary theme, but I think that that would take away from the richness of our materials. Or there’s…” “What about Romeo and Juliet?” Ginny said suddenly, interrupting Ms. Ambrogi’s rambling. “Every one knows who they are, even though it’s a muggle play. And they’re one of the most famous couples ever.” “Wonderful idea!” Ms. Ambrogi exclaimed excitedly as she wrote down the idea. “No wonder you’re with such a girl, Mr. Malfoy. She suits you perfectly.” Ginny almost laughed at the surprised look on his face. A comment was not to be made, as Ms. Ambrogi exited them quickly, rambling on that she had to get straight to work. “Well, that was something,” Draco said as he stared back at the store before walking up to the carriage. “So, Romeo and Juliet, hu? You know they end up committing suicide, right?” “Yes,” Ginny said as she sat in the carriage, “but I think we’ll be safe as long as you don’t fall in with me.” Draco froze half step into the carriage. “I’ll try not to,” he murmured as he climbed in and ordered to go back to Hogwarts. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Wow! That was one long chapter! I decided to make this chapter and the next one super-duper chapters because of the Halloween Ball, which is next chapter. Let’s see…Ms. Amrbogi is my friend’s last name, except that she isn’t 40, or tall, or anything like she was portrayed in this chapter. I just thought that the last name fit hehe. The M. L. in M.L. Design’s is the initials for my two middle names, and I think that’s about it. I hope you all liked this, and please review. And of course thank you to all of my wonderful reviewers. I love you guys! Liz21 13. Chapter Thirteen -------------------- Disclaimer: Nothing new on the update on owning Draco. Something better start happening though, as this story is gradually ending. So until I have Draco in my arms, I own nothing of him or Harry Potter. Summary: Ginny's heart is broken by the one man she's ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco's 7th year, Ginny's 6th For everyone who reviews, I'll share Draco with you once I get him! By share I mean five minutes with him. By five minutes I mean you are allowed to hug him. Okay never mind he's mine. Hehehe. Okay, you're allowed to look at him. A FEW NOTES: First, after several reviews that I found a bit humorous, no, I am NOT going to kill off Draco and Ginny. Some of you were concerned with the fact that I decided their costumes would be Romeo and Juliet, when in fact I have a story with them based on Romeo and Juliet where death occurs. Even I’m not that evil, so don’t worry, everyone lives in this story. But now would be a good time to ask everyone to check that fic out, Juliet without Her Romeo. It’s also on this site. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Chapter Thirteen ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* “Crap! Does anyone know where my hairbrush is?” “A lost hairbrush is no big deal. I can’t find my right heel!” “Look under your bed, I think I saw it there.” “Gin, how does my hair look?” Ginny grinned in amusement at her four roommates who were running around her room frantically, trying to get ready for the Halloween ball that took place in a few hours. Leaning against the window frame, she turned towards Riley who was nervously patting at her hair. “I love my short hair and all, but it’s such a pain for formal occasions,” she muttered as she glanced in a mirror next to the window. “Do you think Scott will like it?” Ginny smiled sweetly at her best friend as she nodded. “It’s beautiful, Riley. Scott’s definitely going to think of himself as the luckiest guy there.” A faint blush swept over Riley’s powdered face. “Thanks for the Kodak moment, Gin,” she said with a friendly smile as she turned towards her dresser for some hairspray. “And your costume better come soon or I’m going to make sure that Ambrogi lady goes out of business.” Ginny tried to agree with her, but her stomach was too full of anxiety that she could only muster another smile. Ms. Ambrogi never did say what time her costume for the ball would be sent, but with only a few hours left until show time Ginny was beginning to feel nervous. What if the owl got lost, and her costume never shows up? What was she to do then? She could always borrow a fancy dress robe from a friend at the last minute, but what would Draco think once he saw her attire? Did Draco even have his costume? “No, that’s going easy on her, Riley,” Vanessa’s muffled voice said as she continued her search under her bed for her missing shoe. “If she ends up ruining your night, Gin, I’m going to hunt her down with a spork. Yes, I found it!” “Hey, Gin, can I borrow your hairbrush? I can’t find mine anywhere,” Christy asked as Vanessa nearly fell trying to balance herself to put her shoe on. “Might as well, I’m definitely not using it now,” Ginny said gloomily. Christy frowned slightly at her unhappy roommate. “Are you sure you don’t even know what colors or style you’re going to wear? That way you can at least get your hair and makeup out of the way.” Ginny slowly shook her head. “I know nothing. With my luck the dress will arrive a minute before the ball starts, leaving me with no time to even try to make myself look pretty.” “Don’t worry about that, Ginny,” Mary Elizabeth called over her shoulder as she slipped her dress over her head. “We’ll of course help you get ready. And no matter how you look, I’m sure Malfoy will still be head over heels for you.” “Oh, not you too,” Ginny groaned. “Why does every one insist on Draco being helplessly in love with me? You guys are all crazy.” At this comment all four roommates paused at what they were doing and turned to look at each other with a smile before looking at Ginny. “Are we?” Vanessa spoke for all of them. “Yes!” Ginny exclaimed, throwing up her arms in frustration. She did not understand how the tailor in the shop to all of her friends would assume such an idea, and she did not want to spend too much time as to try to. “Draco and I are just friends. I told you guys that we broke up.” She wanted to let them all know that their previous ‘relationship’ was all a scam and that they were just pretending to like each other, but that would create more drama than necessary. “That doesn’t mean that he still can’t feel anything for you,” Vanessa said matter-of-factly. “Colin and I broke up once for a month before we realized that we still loved each other.” “But that’s different,” Ginny whined, almost ready to give up on this battle. “Maybe,” Vanessa said as every one else slowly returned to their business, “but most guys don’t go around treating their friends how Malfoy does to you. I mean, how many guys you know would have a white carriage for just a friend, even a girlfriend for that matter?” Ginny shrugged her shoulders as she looked outside the window, hoping to spot an owl. “You know Draco, always having to out do himself and wanting the best of everything.” Vanessa slowly nodded as she turned to help Mary Elizabeth zipper her dress, but not before adding, “I have a feeling the only thing he really wants is you.” Ginny opened her mouth to continue her protest, but silently closed it in thought. He did surprise her with his gentle words, extravagant gestures, and just his overall appearance these past few months. The Draco she knew today was almost an exact opposite from the one she thought she knew. There was no doubt that he was her friend, but could there be anything else? Is the possibility of Draco wanting her more than a friend really that far out there? *Tap tap tap* Ginny immediately jumped out of her thoughts and realized that there were three brown owls outside of her window carrying a large parcel. Excitement and relief overflowing her, she quickly opened the window up, which the owls immediately flew through, straight to her bed, dropped the package, and just as quick as they came they left. As soon as Ginny closed the window, she raced over to her bed and stared at the still wrapped package. “Well, are you going to open it?” Riley asked in anticipation. By now all of the girls were already finished getting ready, and took liberty to hover around Ginny and wait to see her costume. Ginny slowly nodded. “I am. I guess I’m suddenly nervous on how it turned out.” After a few more seconds went by, which seemed like hours to every one, Riley silently nudged Christy, Vanessa, and Mary Elizabeth away, muttering at them to give Ginny her space. The three girls sulked over to the other side of the room, disappointed that they had to wait even longer, as Riley gave Ginny a quick smile before taking out her wand and transfiguring a drape to hang between Ginny’s bed and Vanessa’s, giving Ginny the privacy she needed. Very gently, as if she was afraid to ruin what was inside, Ginny opened the package, the whole time holding her breath. After disregarding the tissue paper that she came across next, she let out a gasp. “What? How does it look? Is something wrong?” Riley’s panicked voice called from the other side of the curtain. “No,” Ginny finally managed to say as she gently picked up the material and carefully put it on. “Nothings wrong at all.” “Well, how does it look?” Vanessa asked impatiently. Ginny stared into the mirror on the wall after she was completely done, hey eyes growing wider as she checked herself out. Her costume was a green medieval gown that went down to her ankles, just high enough to show dainty gold slippers. It fit around her bodice comfortably, a daring U-neck kept closed by criss-crossing ties down her front. It split at her waist to reveal a darker green in the center. Ginny spun around in the mirror, appreciative of her costume. The eccentrically belled sleeves flew past her arms. The crushed velvet made her skin tingle with the warmth but when she moved the dress flowed, allowing caressing breezes. With a wide smile she opened up the curtain, and gasps of shock and amazement filled the room. “Does that mean you guys like it?” Ginny said with an even wider smile as all four girls came closer to examine her dress. “It came with a hair piece also.” “Well, then let’s get right to work!” Mary Elizabeth said excitedly as they all surrounded her with makeup and hair products. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Draco tried to wait patiently at the bottom of the main stair case where he and Ginny agreed to meet, but his nerves were starting to get to him. He wasn’t nervous about how he looked in his costume, and by the look of the girls who walked by him he knew he looked as handsome as ever. He sported a black medieval get up, tight across his built chest. His shoulders, broad, stretched the fabric across. The silver ruffle on his shoulder bothered him slightly, but it was more of how the costume fit to his form that made him forget about it. His arms were covered in black sleeves, and his black pants hung closely to his lean hips. His hands reflexively skimmed his perfect hair, just to make sure it was behaving as it always did. He was so busy bothering over his own appearance that he didn’t even realize that someone was standing on the last few steps, clearing their throat at him. Draco glanced up at the person, only to have his eyes bugged out slightly. There was Ginny - the one who always wore the baggy, hand me down robes, and barely put a brush through her hair since the beginning of the year. And now, the hair was perfectly combed, shiny and in gentle loose curls. The wispiness matched the natural chain of white flowers that she had on the top of her head. His eyes moved down to focus on her face, growing even wider at how the makeup looked on her. And just when he thought his eyes couldn’t grow any wider, he skimmed her dress, gulping deeply at where it was a bit tight in certain areas. “You look beautiful,” he almost whispered. It was as if she took his breath away. Soft and gentle, she smiled shyly at him. “Thank you. You look great also. Who would have thought that ruffles would look good on a Malfoy?” Ginny said with a kidding face as she continued down the last few steps. Still lost in her beauty, Draco hardly heard a word she said. As soon as she reached his side he held out his arm for her to put hers through, and they began to walk towards the Great Hall. Draco was half aware that there were other couples around him, but barely paid any attention to any of them. He still could barely take his eyes off of Ginny, let alone breathe properly. Ginny’s gasp of awe brought him back to reality. The head table, where the professors usually dined, had been cleared and a stage conjured in its place where The Weird Sisters were already set up. Candles, which flames were more of a warm orange for Halloween than a yellow, lighted the room. Small pixies, bright orange and rather ghastly in the face, floated around the room, never still enough so that people could actually look at its face. The magical ceiling portrayed a brilliantly clear and starry night. Side tables lined the walls, leaden with punch and food. In the center of the room, various couples with different costumes stood talking, waiting for the music to begin. “Ginny! Over here!” Draco and Ginny both turned at her name near the center of the floor where a group of 6th and 7th year Gryffindors stood. Ginny started to lead them over there with a small, when she suddenly paused. “You don’t mind, do you?” she asked, referring to dragging Draco to his worst nightmare. Draco glanced at all of her friends, people he often referred to as his enemies, but smiled softly at her at her excited face. She hasn’t looked this happy in quite some time. “Of course I don’t mind,” he said as he took charge in leading towards the group, “you’ll just have to owe me later.” Ginny couldn’t help but grin widely. “Okay, Draco, whatever you say.” “Ginny, you look amazing!” Draco’s smile immediately fell as Colin greeted Ginny with a big hug, which lasted a bit longer than Draco liked. It barely made him any happier to see Colin put his arm around a girl after he let go of Ginny. “Draco,” Ginny addressed, “these are my friends, Vanessa, Christy, and Mary Elizabeth, and you know Riley. I wasn’t sure if you knew them personally or not. You should know their dates, Colin, Neville, and Dean. And that’s Scott. He’s in Ravenclaw.” “Hmm, just when I thought Gryffindors traveled in packs I was wrong,” Draco drawled slowly after being introduced to Riley’s date. He smirked slightly at the narrowed eyes and glares of Ginny’s friends, but quickly wiped it off as soon as Ginny’s elbow met his side. “So,” Ginny said quickly to break the awkward silence, “what are you two supposed to be again?” she asked Colin and his date, who she introduced as Vanessa. “Yes, Colin,” Draco smirked, emphasizing his first name greatly, “what the hell are you supposed to be?” Looking at Ginny’s not too happy face, Draco said a bit too innocently, “What? I just asked a question.” “We’re Tarzan and Jane,” Vanessa said matter-of-factly as she showed off her leopard print strapless dress, which ended mid-thigh. “Who?” Draco asked as he tried not to vomit at Colin’s matching leopard outfit, which looked very much like a skirt to him. “You know, Tarzan,” Colin said, getting nothing out of Draco. “Don’t you ever watch movies?” “If by movies you mean muggle inventions, no I don’t,” Draco said as he looked at the couple next to Colin and Vanessa. “Let me guess, another couple out of a…movie is it?” Ignoring Draco’s bored voice, Mary Elizabeth nodded happily. “I’m Cinderella, and Dean is my Prince Charming,” she said with a giggle. Draco’s face went completely blank at the giggly girl in front of him, and he desperately looked at Ginny for an escape. Sighing quietly at Draco, Ginny explained to her friends that they were going to get some punch, and that they would see them later. The minute they were at the punch bowl and away from her friends, Ginny playfully swatted Draco’s shoulder. “Can’t you even pretend to be nice to my friends?” Draco glanced back over to the group before looking at Ginny with a raised eyebrow. “Ginny, you have two people over there who are wearing matching leopard dresses. Do you really expect me to be gentle on them?” Trying her best to stay mad, Ginny eyed her friends slowly before breaking out into a grin. “They do look a bit ridiculous, don’t they?” Draco smiled at her, thankful that she was done with pretending to be mad at him, and gently took her hand, dragging her to the dance floor where The Weird Sisters had just started their first song, a fast number that stirred excitement out of all of the teenagers. “Care to dance, my dear Juliet?” Draco said with a bit of a goofy smile, at least as goofy as a Malfoy can look. “Isn’t dancing to a fast song un-Malfoy like? I highly doubt you will look as graceful and perfect as you always do,” Ginny said with a laugh as they reached the center of the floor near her friends. With a knowing smile, Draco pulled Ginny close to his body. “Oh, you’d be surprised at what I can do,” he whispered into her ear, making her gulp as shivers ran down her spine. Suddenly at a loss for words, Ginny could only manage to nod as they started dancing to the melody, a bit closer than they first started out. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Draco was right. Ginny was definitely surprised at what he could do. She was nearly panting with the amount of dancing they have done, but enjoyed every minute of it. She laughed aloud as Draco grabbed her hand and twisted her around to the quick beat, having her end right back into his arms. She was so involved in the music and the surroundings that she barely noticed how his hands were placed on her hips, or how their bodies would rub up against each other a certain way. She may not have noticed, but Draco certainly did. Draco couldn’t help but let out a huge smile as Ginny laughed with pleasure as he twirled her around. He had never felt so full of life, and even if he had before, he would never have showed it off in front of so many people. But this was different. This time, they weren’t putting on a show. It was all free will. This time, he had Ginny in his arms. As the song grew to a closing, all of the worn out but happy teenagers stopped dancing and clapped loudly at the performers. Draco was just about to ask Ginny if she would like a cup of punch when Dumbledore walked up to the platform. “If I could please have every one’s attention,” Dumbledore said loud enough to fill the hall. “It is now time to announce the couple who won best costume! The winners will receive twenty points for their house and a spotlight dance.” Draco grew completely still at Dumbledore’s words. He had no idea that there was a contest involved. Scanning quickly around him, there wasn’t a costume in sight that had any comparison to his and Ginny’s, unless some couple wearing M. L. Design’s was hiding in the corner. He quickly eyed Ginny, who seemed to have no idea of what was most definitely going to happen next. “And the winners are,” Dumbledore said as Professor McGonagall produced an envelope out of thin air, “Draco Malfoy and Ginny Weasley!” All of Ginny’s friends immediately exploded with squeals as they surrounded Ginny, nearly trampling Draco in the process. Draco just caught the look on Ginny’s face of surprise and shock before Vanessa blocked his view. On cue to Dumbledore’s exit, the Weird Sisters took their places and began to play a slow melody as all lights were distinguished except the stars above and one spotlight in the middle of the floor. Every one grew into a quick hush as they all anticipated Draco and Ginny to do something, all the while adjusting to form a circle around the spotlight. Ginny’s friends immediately took a few steps back from her, leaving Draco and Ginny staring at just each other. He could barely make out her own face in the dark lighting, but knew that all was watching their every move. Gulping, Draco took the few steps to Ginny and held out his hand to her. The second their hands touched, Draco felt a volt of electricity go up his arms. Ginny’s eyes widened, her feeling it too, and never taking his eyes off of hers, he slowly led them to the spot light that awaited them. They turned towards each other in the light, placing their hands in the appropriate places. Draco stared down in Ginny’s face as the song started to progress. Her face was between a look of shock and happiness, of confusion and comfort. He never took his eyes off of her as they began to dance very slowly to the words the band sang. He was so entranced in those two warm globes that he almost didn’t hear the lyrics. *The cold breeze whispers in secrecy through the dark velvet sky* *There are things unknown that pass you by* *You fear love when love fears you* *Why can’t the two of you see what’s true?* Somewhere between the strong lyrics Draco pulled Ginny closer to him. So close he could smell her sweet perfume. *Love may not be easy, but please hear this* *If you turn your back now, you never know what you could miss.* Draco nearly stopped breathing when Ginny laid her head on his chest. His heart was beating so fast, he was sure she could feel it. *Don’t look too far ahead while worry conquers all.* *You’re head over heels, just don’t trip and fall.* Draco knew the song was closing to an end after two more frames, because his feet stopped moving. He knew that the lights turned back on, because others around them went on with their own business. He knew that he should let go now, but he couldn’t. They stood like that, holding onto each other, too afraid to move or say anything. Another slow song started to play, and the empty space around them was quickly filled. Instead of continuing onto another dance, Draco gently departed himself from Ginny, but never fully let her go. “Gin, I,” but he paused. He wanted to say something Malfoy-like to fix the awkward silence they were both in. He wanted to make a crack about how she looked star struck, but he just continued to stare at her with his mouth open and nothing coming out. Who knows how long they would have stood like that until there was a tap on Draco’s shoulder, causing Draco and Ginny both to snap back into reality. Letting go of Ginny, Draco turned around to face Harry. “May I cut in?” Harry asked. He wasn’t even asking Draco’s permission. He was asking Ginny. Hate that he has never felt so greatly before quickly filled Draco’s veins. “No you may not,” Draco started to growl but was quickly quieted by Ginny’s hand on his shoulder. “It’s okay, Draco,” Ginny said as she eyed Harry curiously. “It will just be one dance. I’ll come find you when I’m done.” Draco heard the words, but did not register them in his mind to move. He continued to stand there, starring Harry down. Harry accepted the challenge, but he even backed down a bit towards the evil look in Draco’s eyes. “Or maybe I’ll just catch you later?” Harry asked quickly as he dropped his gaze from Draco’s cold eyes, making Draco feel at victory. “No, now is fine,” Ginny stretched each word, waiting for them to kick into Draco’s mind. Draco paused from giving Harry his death glare long enough to stare at Ginny with eyes that read ‘Are you sure?’ and ‘Are you crazy?’ “It will be fine, Draco,” Ginny promised as Harry took her hand, and began to lead her away from Draco. The further she walked away, the more pitiful Draco looked, and not until did she fully turn away from him did he swear. “No,” he said quietly as he walked off the dance floor and towards the back, dark corner. “It will not be fine.” All he could do was stand in isolation and ignore the happy couples dance around the only couple he had his eyes on. He couldn’t see Ginny’s face, thinking that Harry purposely put her back to him, but he could see that Harry was doing more talking instead of dancing. But what was he saying? And why now did he just have to talk to her? “You knew this would eventually happen.” Draco found he could not argue with Pansy, who took the liberty of approaching him and pointing out the obvious. “It’s a bit ironic, don’t you think?” she said as they watched the two together. “You two coming together when he hurt her, only for you to be the hurt one in the end.” “This isn’t the end, Pansy,” Draco tried to assure himself. “Why would she go back to him after all he has done to her?” “Because love is blind, Draco. She doesn’t know that she had something right in front of her all along, because she didn’t know to look.” Draco only nodded, not at all surprised at Pansy’s statement. “So you finally figured it out, hu?” “I guess I too was blinded for awhile,” she said as she eyed him cautiously. “Are you going to do anything about it?” “Isn’t it a little too late if this is the end?” Pansy slowly shook her head. “Love does not come to an end,” she stated as she left Draco alone to think that over. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny couldn’t keep her eyes off of Harry the second he took her into his arms for a dance, wondering what the hell was going on. But she wanted this, didn’t she? She wanted Harry to be the one to approach her and talk to her about whatever was on his mind, not her running to him. “You look stunning, Gin,” he said with a huge smile as he eyed her up and down. “I couldn’t keep my eyes off you when you had your spot light dance. It’s a pity that you had to share it with Malfoy.” “His name is Draco,” she corrected him, a bit annoyed that he already took liberty into making mean comments about Draco. Harry just merely shrugged at her comment. “Just seeing you dance up there, made me wish that was me you were dancing with” Ginny’s feet nearly stopped moving. “Oh,” was all she could say. “I mean,” Harry kept on talking, “When I asked Lavender to go with me, I just assumed that you and Malfoy were going together.” “We were,” she half lied. “I mean, why wouldn’t we be? It wasn’t like I was sitting around waiting for someone else to ask me.” She smiled inwardly at the taken back look on Harry’s face. Yep, she definitely grew a bit of a backbone from being with Draco too much. “Of-of course not,” he started to stutter, saying the words too quickly. “I wasn’t saying that you were…” “Speaking of Lavender, where is she?” Ginny asked as she turned her head to each side. “She’s not going to attack me for dancing with you, is she?” Harry let out a loud, forced laugh. “Don’t worry about her,” he whispered as he pulled Ginny closer to him. Ginny froze at being so close to Harry. “What’s really on your mind, Harry? I highly doubt you asked me to dance just to compliment me on my costume.” His grip on her relaxed. “You’re right,” he said quietly, “there is something else on my mind. It’s you, Ginny.” This time Ginny did stop dancing. “What are you getting at, Harry?” she asked as she pulled her hands to herself. Something wasn’t right. She wasn’t feeling excited or happy, like she imagined she would if he ever said those words to her. “I haven’t been the same without you,” Harry explained as he took his hands away to run them through his hair. “You’re all that has been on my mind.” “Is that so?” she asked as she saw Lavender walking towards them. “Even while you’ve been screwing Lavender?” Harry’s face completely fell. “How did you know about that?” Ginny’s heart completely stopped as her eyes widened slightly. “I guess I didn’t know until now,” she nearly whispered as Lavender approached Harry and gave him a long kiss to rub in Ginny’s face. “Didn’t know what?” Lavender asked as she eyed Ginny down. “Nothing,” Harry said quickly, trying to get rid of the subject of conversation. “That you two have been together… sexually,” Ginny managed to spit out. She couldn’t even use the word sex with Harry. Lavender’s face split into an evil smile. “Well of course we are,” she said as Harry looked away with guilt, “We have been since our sixth year.” Life as she knew it paused for a second. “You’ve been what?” she asked, trying not to let out the tears of shock that were forming in her eyes. She turned her eyes on Harry. “You had sex before we were together, and you never told me?” “How sad, you really didn’t know anything,” Lavender said in a happy voice. “I can’t believe you, Harry Potter,” Ginny said as she slowly backed away from him. “Ginny, I would have told you, but,” “But you didn’t want to hurt me?” Ginny finished for him. “Just like all the other times you would keep stuff from me, in sake of hurting my feelings? Well you should know by now that all you do is hurt me more.” She gave him one last look before she turned around and tore off in tears towards the door. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Draco scowled at himself for letting Pansy distract him, because he now couldn’t find Ginny anywhere. He looked back where she should have been, and only saw Potter and Lavender standing there. Suddenly concerned, he started to walk towards the dance floor when a flash of green and red ran by him. ‘Ginny!’ his mind screamed as he indeed saw her run out the doors. He immediately took off after her. “Ginny!” he yelled as he chased her down towards the dungeons. ‘Where the hell is she going?’ he frantically asked himself. “Ginny! Please stop! Tell me what the hell is wrong!” He didn’t catch up to her until they were near the Slytherin Common Room entrance. Grabbing her arm, he quickly halted her to a stop. “What in blazes is going on here?” he asked as he turned her around and just noticed that she had tears falling down her cheeks. “What happened?” he asked, full of concern. “Gin, why are you crying?” Ginny opened her mouth but quickly closed it when they heard footsteps just around the corner. Not wanting anyone to see the state that Ginny was in, he took her hand and quickly led her into his common room. Once they were in the privacy of his room, he gently sat her down on his bed. He patiently sat next to her as he waited for her to settle down, all the while wiping her tears away. When she finally stopped crying and took a deep breath, Draco couldn’t help but ask, “Any particular reason why you ran to my common room instead of yours?” Ginny shrugged as she gently took off her hair piece that nearly fell off her head. “I don’t know,” she said as she played with the flowers, “I figured here was the last place he’d look for me.” “Who would look for you?” Draco asked, already knowing the answer. “Harry.” Draco swore silently, not understanding how Potter can be such a pain. “That bastard! What did he do to you?” he asked with a force of protection. “Nothing that he hasn’t been doing this whole time,” Ginny said with a loud sniff. “Oh, Draco, I’ve been such a fool!” she said as she looked at him with red, puffy eyes. “No you haven’t,” he said as he put a hand on her shoulder for comfort. “It’s Potter who has been the fool from day one. I don’t understand how anyone would want to hurt you.” “I don’t know how I could have wanted to go back to someone who hurt me in the first place,” she said as she slowly shook her head and went back to staring at the flowers in her lap. “Because you were comfortable with him, and afraid of a life without him,” he said slowly as his own words dawned on him. “But I guess that fear made you blind from the truth and other things.” “Like what?” Draco stared at the young woman next to him, still looking as pretty as ever in her dress while he replayed his and Pansy’s conversation in his head. *“Because love is blind, Draco.* *She doesn’t know that she had something right in front of her all along, because she didn’t know to look.”* “Me,” he finally said quietly, but clearly. Ginny’s hands paused at his words, and it seemed forever until she turned to look him in the eyes. “What?” she nearly whispered. Draco gulped slightly as he hesitantly took his hand off of Ginny’s shoulder. “Me, Ginny,” he said a bit louder. “I’ve been right here in front of you all along.” It was when Ginny didn’t respond right away that made Draco nervous and want to explain himself. “I know there must be a million things going through your head,” he said quickly. “There are in mine, but I just don’t know how to form it into words.” A pause went between the both of them until Ginny broke it with hesitant. “Then show me.” It was now Draco’s turn to freeze and ask, “What?” even though he heard her loud and clear. Turning fully towards Draco, Ginny said with a low voice, “Show me, Draco. Show me how much I mean to you.” Draco nodded, not being needed to be told twice. He gently cupped her cheeks, surprised at how warm they were, and leaned towards her slowly. He was an inch away from her lips when he stopped to stare into her eyes that were bright with excitement and lust. She wanted this just as much as he did. Taking one last look into her eyes before they started to flutter to a close, Draco leaned in fully and did the one thing he has wanted to do since he knew he loved Ginny Weasley. Kiss her. He could barely register into his mind how soft her lips felt against his, or how she made him feel like he was soaring through the clouds. The only thing that stuck out in his mind was that she was kissing him back. Suddenly full of newfound courage, he went to deepen the kiss, outlining her lips with his tongue. She willingly opened her lips to him, anxious to be kissed harder and more thoroughly. A rush filled Draco’s’ body as he moved his hands to steady himself, but the second he did Ginny’s arms moved to wrap around his neck, pulling him not only closer to her but on top. They fell together on the bed, and without breaking contact, they readjusted themselves more comfortably on the center of the bed. Draco hovered over Ginny’s body, his hands on either side of her head holding himself up, and her hands nestled tightly in his hair. Being this close to her made Draco nearly loose it. Frantic to taste her everywhere, he let go of her numb lips and nipped the side of her throat, making her gasp in pleasure. “Oh gods, Ginny,” he breathed at her noises before crashing his lips back to hers. Ginny responded to Draco’s whispers by draping a leg over the back of his and pressing her body into his obvious erection, making him groan into her mouth. His one hand anxiously cupped her breast with force, causing her to buck up into him once more, but before she lowered herself back down, she grinded a small circle around his erection with her hips. “Merlin, what are you doing to me, Gin?” he said through a lust-filled voice against her lips. “What?” Ginny said through pants of getting fresh air, “Don’t you like it?” “More than you know,” he whispered as he went back to kissing her roughly. He got to the point where he needed to feel skin on skin, and at the looks of her dress, it looked like it took talent to take it off. His impatient hand instead went to rest on Ginny’s knee, where her dress was already hiked up to. When she made no move to remove it, he gradually dragged it up her leg until it was well underneath her skirt and resting near her panties. His hand paused, and he was near ready to almost ask Ginny for permission, when her own hands went towards his pants and started to unbuckle his black belt. Draco grabbed her thigh tightly in excitement, making Ginny speed up her process. She started to unzip his pants when he ran one finger along the inside of her panty lines, making her pause at his sudden contact. He paused, afraid that he took it too far, and was about to withdrawal his hand when Ginny pulled his head close enough to nip his lip before giving him a hard kiss. In response to her reaction, Draco slipped one finger fully underneath her panties, nearly letting himself go at feeling how wet she already was. “Draco,” Ginny moaned as she continued to kiss him and unzipped his pants. Draco this time did withdraw his hand, determined to take that dress off one way or the other. But before he went on a search for the zipper, he kissed a trail from her mouth to her ear while his hands went back to roaming every inch of her body. He nibbled her ear, making her meow with pleasure as she pressed hers hips even closer to his. Draco had to let go of her ear to let a gasp out into her ear, along with a few words that slipped. “Gods, I love you, Ginny.” He knew the second he said it, it was a mistake. He felt Ginny’s body almost shudder at his words before completely freezing. A flashback of the night they began their fake relationship, the one that made him fall for her in the first place, hit him hard. *"Doesn't Potter love you anymore?"* *"Don't you ever say that word to me again!"* *"What? Afraid of the word love?"* *"Only fools fall in love. I refuse to be one of those fools again."* Draco completely tensed at what he had done. He hesitantly lifted himself up, and his stomach twisted at her face. Her pupils were no longer filled with desire, but with fear. Her face turned completely white, and she looked as if she had just seen a ghost. “Ginny?” Draco said with hesitant as he went to gently touch her cheek to see if she was okay. “Don’t touch me!” Ginny suddenly yelled as she shoved Draco off of her, causing him to fall off the bed with a thud. “Ginny!” Draco shouted as he got himself on his own two feet and saw that she too was standing and looked ready to run. “Ginny, wait don’t leave.” “Why? So I can sit around and wait for you to hurt me like Harry did?” Ginny yelled, near hysteria. “You know how I feel about that word, why did you have to say it?” she asked quieter, near tears. “I,” he started, trying to think of ways he could fix this whole thing. But he couldn’t do it, he couldn’t lie. “Because it’s the truth, Ginny. I can’t hide my feelings anymore.” Ginny stood very still and stared at him, as if she was studying him for the truth. Draco didn’t know what she saw, but she went back to her option of leaving. “Damnit,” Draco muttered as he ran to the door, and just cut Ginny off before she reached the door knob. “Now listen here,” he said quickly as he blocked her exit, “I am not Harry! Ginny, I’m not lying and I won’t hurt you! Please believe me!” Ginny’s tears continued to fall as she looked Draco hard in his eyes. “A smart girl kisses but never falls in love, listens but never believes, and leaves before she is left.” With those words still seeking in, she nudged Draco aside, who was too shocked to fight with her anymore. He watched as she walked out of his door, and probably out of his heart forever. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Wow, that was one huge chapter. Sorry it took so long to update. I really wanted to wait till I was in the perfect mood to write this chapter, since it is a rather big one. I hope it was worth the wait! Thank you once again to every one who has reviewed. You have no idea how much you all mean to me! I love you guys! **Trinity**: sorry, but sadly I do not have any pictures of the Draco-look-alike. But for a set image, he was tall, lean, had light blonde hair that fell in front of hit eyes and gray eyes. *sigh* Let’s see…the characters Mary Elizabeth, Vanessa, and Christy are all three close friends of mine, and are also three of my biggest fans. Apparently Vanessa wanted me to alert every one that she would look real hot if she did dress like Jane… Moving on (lol) these certain descriptions were written by another good friend of mine, Laura. She is an amazing author and used to write Draco/Ginny fanficition, she is actually responsible for getting me into all of this, but took down all of her work several months ago: *-Ginny stared into the mirror on the wall after she was completely done, hey eyes growing wider as she checked herself out. Her costume was a green medieval gown that went down to her ankles, just high enough to show dainty gold slippers. It fit around her bodice comfortably, a daring U-neck kept closed by criss-crossing ties down her front. It split at her waist to reveal a darker green in the center. Ginny spun around in the mirror, appreciative of her costume. The eccentrically belled sleeves flew past her arms. The crushed velvet made her skin tingle with the warmth but when she moved the dress flowed, allowing caressing breezes.* *-He sported a black medieval get up, tight across his built chest. His shoulders, broad, stretched the fabric across. The silver ruffle on his shoulder bothered him slightly, but it was more of how the costume fit to his form that made him forget about it. His arms were covered in black sleeves, and his black pants hung closely to his lean hips.* *-Draco glanced up at the person, only to have his eyes bugged out slightly. There was Ginny - the one who always wore the baggy, hand me down robes, and barely put a brush through her hair since the beginning of the year. And now, the hair was perfectly combed, shiny and in gentle loose curls. The wispiness matched the natural chain of white flowers that she had on the top of her head.* *-Ginny’s gasp of awe brought him back to reality. The head table, where the professors usually dined, had been cleared and a stage conjured in its place where The Weird Sisters were already set up. Candles, which flames were more of a warm orange for Halloween than a yellow, lighted the room. Small pixies, bright orange and rather ghastly in the face, floated around the room, never still enough so that people could actually look at its face. The magical ceiling portrayed a brilliantly clear and starry night. Side tables lined the walls, leaden with punch and food. In the center of the room, various couples with different costumes stood talking, waiting for the music to begin.* So a special thanks to Laura, who contributed greatly to my story. Also, the song that Draco and Ginny dance to is actually a poem I wrote about a year ago, which I felt fit perfectly with what’s going on between the two. And the quote, “A smart girl kisses but never falls in love…” is a quote I got from a friend from a friend so who knows who it is really by. Now, I would like to ensure every one that this story does end in 100% Draco and Ginny happiness. I was thinking about acknowledging this around the time this chapter happened, because from here there will be many twists like this one that may leave some of you screaming at me. There will be times when a certain chapter ends with a cliffe you may not agree to, but in times of panic take a deep breath and repeat, “It will end in Draco and Ginny, it will end in Draco and Ginny, it will end in Draco and Ginny.” Liz21 14. Chapter Fourteen -------------------- Disclaimer: I must say that I was in a fit when I saw the trailer where Draco gets punched by Hermione. So new plan: acquire Draco, and then beat up Hermione. Mwuahaha excellent. But until then I do not own anything Harry Potter related, so Hermione should be feeling pretty relived right now. Summary: Ginny's heart is broken by the one man she's ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco's 7th year, Ginny's 6th For everyone who reviews, I'll share Draco with you once I get him! By share I mean five minutes with him. By five minutes I mean you are allowed to hug him. Okay never mind he's mine. Hehehe. Okay, you're allowed to look at him. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Chapter Fourteen ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Pansy’s face glowed with happiness and a bit of exhaustion as she walked back into her common room with her date, Blaise Zabini. The Halloween Ball just ended, but the path that Blaise led her to his room suggested that their night was just beginning. He convinced her on the way that it was their only night of privacy: Crabbe and Goyle were spending the night in the hospital wing after they both broke a bone or two after a failed attempt at dancing, and Adrian Pucey, who stayed back a year, was staying in a room in Hogsmeade with his girlfriend. “But what about Draco?” Pansy whispered as they reached the boys room. “Didn’t you see him leave with the Weasley girl?” Blaise asked, stopping at the door. “I saw both of them run out of there right after they had their little spotlight dance. Ha, I can’t wait to harass Draco about that one.” “I thought it was sweet,” Pansy said as she gave him a light kiss. “I was certain that we would win with our Zeus and Hera costumes, but I guess Weasley did look okay.” “Just okay?” Blaise teased. “Fine, amazing,” Pansy said with a pout, “but I still don’t think she deserves Draco at all.” “Well, I think it’s a bit too late now, as they’re probably shagging each other like rabbits,” Blaise said with a smirk as he opened to the door to a not so empty common room. “Draco?” Pansy asked with confusion as her and Blaise stood in the doorway, staring at Draco who was clutching an almost empty bottle of Firewhiskey. His usually neat hair was hanging in front of his eyes, which now seemed a bit glazed. Blaise took a few steps to him as he snickered under his hand. Draco was clearly drunk, and was doing it in style with his Romeo costume still on. Draco didn’t register their presence as he continued to sit on the floor with his back up to his bed, taking big swings out of the bottle. “Gross,” Blaise in disgust as he kneeled down in front of Draco. “How can you take that stuff straight?” Draco lobbed his head backwards to rest on the surface as he tried to look Blaise straight in the eye. “Eazzy,” he slurred as he clutched the bottle. “You justh hold ith like thisss, and hope it doesss ithss job.” “And what’s that? Why are you drinking, Draco?” Pansy asked as she tried to grab the bottle out of Draco’s hands. “Drink my ssorrows away,” he said, glaring at Pansy who easily retrieved the bottle from the drunk. “Hmm, I’d think it would be to get alcohol poisoning,” Blaise said as Pansy threw away the empty bottle. “What happened, mate?” Draco frowned as he dropped his head, which didn’t seem to stay still. “I messed everything up. I’m sso bloody stuupid. I should of kept my big sstupid mouth shut!” Pansy sighed loudly, losing patience quickly. “What did you say, Draco?” “Told her I wuved her.” “Wuved?” Blaise exclaimed. “What the hell is that?” “He meant love, Blaise,” Pansy said as she shook her head. “Oh,” he said quietly as he turned his head back to Draco. “Who’s the lucky lady?” Draco slowly shook his head. “Noo lady anymore. Sshe ran; it’ss all over. I messed up and now she hatess me.” He paused for a second before placing his hands on the floor to stand up, only to fall right on his face. “Owww,” Draco’s muffled voice said before Blaise put two strong hands under his arms and helped him up. “I know this is serious and all, but have you ever seen a Malfoy so clumsy before?” Blaise asked as he helped Draco stand still, with his help of course. “Draco, who is this girl you are talking about?” Pansy asked, completely ignoring Blaise. “It better not be Weasley.” “Herr name iss Ginny!” Draco said very loudly, causing Blaise’s face to scrunch. “You told a Weasley that you love her?” Blaise said in near shock. Sure, he could tell that Draco had a thing for the youngest Weasley, that much was obvious at the dance, but he figured it was sex related. “Ginny! Her name iss Ginny!” Draco exclaimed as he tried to push Blaise, completely missing him. “So you told *Ginny*,” Blaise overemphasized, “that you love her and she ran- so much for Gryffindor bravery- which explains why you’re completely pissed in your room, by yourself.” “See?” Draco said, fixing his glazed eyes on Pansy, “Blaisse gets it!” Pansy sighed with frustration. She was expecting a night full of bliss with Blaise, but instead got a very drunk Draco. “Draco, you getting drunk isn’t going to help you forget about Wea-Ginny. Come on, this is so unlike you to loose your cool.” “But so was falling in love with a Weas-sorry-Ginny in the first place,” Blaise said as he moved to sit Draco down on his bed. “But Pansy is right, Draco, you really shouldn’t be drinking like this. How much was left in that bottle before you finished it off?” “Half,” Draco mumbled as he nudged Blaise’s hands off him, grumbling he didn’t need help sitting up. “You drank half a bottle of whiskey?!” Pansy shrieked. “Wow,” Blaise said in amazement as he watched Draco who was barely sitting up by himself, “Malfoys must have a pretty high tolerance.” Draco nodded briefly before falling backwards onto the bed, his arms sprawling out onto his sides. “Blaise?” “Yeah, Draco?” “Make the room sthop ssspinning.” “What? But I’m not-” Before Blaise could even finish his sentence, Pansy conjured a bucket in lightning speed, gave it to Draco, who sat up and puked out all he was worth into it. “Well, that should make the room stand still,” Blaise said in disgust as he turned away, muttering he felt sick. “Boys,” Pansy mumbled angrily as she went off to her room for some much needed alone time. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* “Ginny? Is that you?” Ginny looked up, startled at the familiar voice. “H-Harry!” she exclaimed as she hastily wiped the tears off her face. He was the last person she expected to see out by the lake. “What are you doing out here?” he asked as he hesitantly took a seat next to her on the bench. “Oh, um,” Ginny mumbled as she stared at her hands. “Just needed some fresh air.” Truth was the second she left Draco’s room an hour earlier, tears nearly flooded her vision, and she felt herself running without really knowing to go. In the back of her mind she was going to go to the safety of her bed, but was afraid that she would run into anyone coming back early from the ball. She brain screamed for fresh air, and next thing she knew she found herself sitting on a bench by the lake, crying out of confusion and fear. “Oh,” was all he said. Ginny lifted her head a bit, looking at him out of the corner of her eye. “Better yet, why are *you* out here? Shouldn’t you be shagging Lavender by now?” Harry sighed loudly as he ran his fingers through his hair. “Actually,” he said after a pause, “Lavender dumped me.” Ginny’s head whipped towards him. “She dumped you?” she asked in disbelief. Surely she misheard him. “Yep,” Harry said as he threw a stone into the lake. “I guess she got a bit upset with me and decided to leave with some Ravenclaw.” Ginny quickly muffled a laugh that she was suppressing. She knew it was not a funny matter to get dumped, but what goes around comes around. “I see,” she finally managed to say with a straight face. “Why was she upset?” Another silent moment came from Harry, and after he threw the third rock, it was obvious that he didn’t want to answer. “Harry?” “Who cares about Lavender, eh?” Harry asked, quickly changing the subject. “How about you? Why are you upset?” At his question he froze and dropped the stone in his hand. “I’m sorry that was a stupid question. I’m surprised you’re even talking to me.” Ginny turned her head in curiosity, and was about to ask what he was talking about when she remembered what made her leave the dance in the first place. “Oh, well, I guess that plays a part…” “You mean I’m not the only one made you upset?” he asked, almost as if this was good news. “Wait; did Malfoy do anything to hurt you?” She quickly shook her head, knowing that Harry meant physical, deliberate harm. “No, Draco would never want to hurt me,” she said slowly, knowing it was the truth. After all, the truth was out. Draco Malfoy is in love with her. And she ran. “Oh,” was all that Harry could say again. “Well, do you want me to leave so you can have some privacy?” Ginny nodded slowly. “That would be nice, thank you.” Harry nodded as he sat up, and started to walk away before stopping. “Ginny?” “Yes?” “Would you,” he mumbled as he played with his shirt, “would you like to sit together at breakfast tomorrow?” Ginny looked at him in shock, with a million emotions running through her. ‘This is it!’ her mind yelled at her. ‘This is what you worked for, his attention! You might get Harry Potter back!’ ‘But all he’s done so far is hurt you!’ another voiced argued with her. ‘Remember him and Lavender, earlier?’ ‘But Lavender is out of the picture, and you’re back in!’ “Sure,” she said slowly, not even sure herself if it sounded happy. It apparently was a good enough answer for Harry, who’s face broke into a huge smile. “Great. I’ll see you tomorrow then,” he said. With a wave, he was gone. Ginny watched his retreating figured, and not until was he back inside the castle did she smack her palm against her forehead. “What are you doing to yourself?” she said aloud. That was the problem. She didn’t know what was going on. When Draco whispered those words into her ear, she felt immediate shock and almost felt like she was betrayed. Flashbacks of her first night of her 6th year hit her full force, the ones which led her to Draco in the first place. He knew she was afraid of love, that she wanted nothing to do with it, and she only came to him for revenge on Harry. She wanted Harry jealous, so maybe he would want her back. But why did Draco have to go and fall in love with her? She slowly shook her head before resting it on her palm. Did he really love her? She didn’t know if she should even believe him. For months she swore Harry loved her, but it was all a lie. And this was from someone she thought would never do something like that, something so Slytherin. And here comes the prince of Slytherin, whispering such words to her, such lies. Ginny sniffled lightly as a tear fell from her eyes. Was Draco lying to her? She didn’t want to think so, didn’t want to believe that it was a possibility. He looked at her differently than Harry ever did; he seemed to actually really care about her. And just the way he looked at her when he first saw her in her Juliet costume… Ginny sighed loudly as she looked up into the star filled night. “I refuse to get hurt again,” she whispered before standing up to walk slowly back into the warmth of the castle. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Draco grumbled loudly as he stared blankly at his breakfast plate. He woke up only twenty minutes earlier next to a toilet, still in his costume with ruffles and a splitting headache. How he got to the bathroom, he couldn’t remember, and as he sat at the table trying to collect his thoughts, he realized he couldn’t remember much of last night. He barely moved when Blaise took a seat right next to him, and Pansy right in front of them. Both had a humorous look on their face. “So how are you holding up, mate?” Blaise said while patting his shoulder a bit too hard. “Do you mind?” Draco snarled as he pulled himself away from Blaise. “I’m sore enough; you don’t have to add to it, thank you very much.” “Someone’s a bit grumpy,” Pansy muttered in her cup. “Hmm, I wonder why?” Draco snapped as he grabbed a piece of toast. “I have a pounding headache that won’t go away, my whole body aches, and I woke up on the ground next to a shit box. You know how shameful that is for a Malfoy?” “That’s shameful for anyone,” Blaise laughed as he piled eggs onto his plate. “But what did you expect after half a bottle of Firewhiskey?” Draco felt his stomach do a flip. “Ugh, don’t remind me,” he groaned as he pushed his plate away, already loosing his small appetite. “I’m surprised I can still be hungry after helping you out last night,” Blaise said as he munched on some bacon. “I mean, once I was sure I wasn’t going to spew at the sight of you, I had to sit and wait for you to stop throwing up into the bucket so I could drag you to the bathroom.” “Explains why I’m sore,” Draco mumbled under his breath. “No, I think that’s more of when you kept on falling,” Blaise noted, pausing from his food to think. With a groan, Draco rested his forehead and arms on the table. “How about everyone just shuts up so my head won’t explode?” Draco took a deep breathe once it was silent around him. It wasn’t so much the hangover that was getting to him; it was of what made him drink in the first place. The second Ginny left him like that in his room he didn’t know what to do. He felt sudden anger at himself for having to say that, disbelief at Ginny for doing that to him. He wanted to throw something at the rage he felt thinking that this was all Potter’s fault, but didn’t want to break any of his valuable possessions. So drinking the half bottle of whiskey that he had stored away in his trunk seemed like a great idea at the time. The liquid burned his throat, but the more he had the less he thought about Ginny and her gorgeous smile, her fiery hair, and just all the reasons of why he loved her. He was trying to permanently forget about why he did love her, or even the idea of love, but the only thing he got out of it all was a hangover and a few bruises on his body. Draco was contemplating on going to Madam Pomfrey for a hangover potion when a certain laugh stood out of the crowd. *Her laugh.* Draco’s head immediately popped up, his eyes scanning the Gryffindor table for her hair. The second he saw her, he felt his already broken heart drop. “Draco?” Pansy asked curiously at her friend who’s eyes seemed to have frozen on someone, and he would have been completely still except he seemed to be shaking slightly. Concerned when he wouldn’t respond to her, she looked over her shoulder and saw what Draco was entranced by. Ginny was sitting at the Gryffindor table, not with her group of friends her own age like she has been all year, but with Harry Potter. She was laughing aloud to something Harry just said, looking pleased with herself; acting like a Malfoy didn’t just confess his love to her the night before. Anger boiled inside Pansy. No one dared to hurt Draco so painfully, and if they did they had to mess with her. Pushing aside her hatred for the female Weasley, she turned back to Draco who had yet to move from his position. She had never seen him look so affected before, and it made her slightly uneasy. Friendly comforting was left to the Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs, but she would manage as best as she could. ‘Or,’ she thought to herself evilly as she stole another glace at Ginny, ‘I could deal with this like a Slytherin would.’ With a smirk, she turned her attention back on Draco. “Draco?” she asked again. When he still didn’t respond, she kicked Blaise under the table, nodded towards the Gryffindor table, and went back to looking at Draco, hoping that the other male Slytherin would snap Draco out of it. Blaise scowled at Pansy, for once he didn’t do anything to her that deserved to be kicked, but when he saw her nodding behind her then looking at Draco, he glanced at Draco and followed his eyes towards the Gryffindor table. The second he saw Ginny and Potter sitting together, he sighed quietly to himself before glancing back at Draco. Casually going back to his breakfast, he muttered to Draco loud enough for only him and Pansy to here, “You don’t need her, mate. You’re a Malfoy, you’re better than that.” Draco didn’t respond, but Blaise knew that he heard him. Blaise shrugged his shoulders at Pansy, and went back to his food when Draco suddenly stood up. Blaise and Pansy both nearly jumped at his sudden movements, and Blaise was just about to ask what he was up to when he looked up and saw Ginny leaving the Great Hall by herself. “Don’t do it, Draco,” Blaise said sternly. “You don’t need her.” Draco slowly shook his head. “I need to talk to her, Blaise.” Without another word or a glance, he left. Blaise sighed loudly as him and Pansy watched him leave the Great Hall. “What now?” he asked, feeling almost defeated. “Wait for this to die down,” Pansy said as she sipped her pumpkin juice. “Meanwhile, I have my own plans.” ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* “Ginny!” Ginny paused at her name, suddenly wishing she didn’t. She knew who was calling her; she felt his eyes on her at breakfast the whole time. “What do you want, Draco?” she asked without turning around. “We need to talk,” he said urgently. He was only a step away from her now. Mustering up her Gryffindor bravery, Ginny planted a straight face and turned around towards Draco. Her face almost fell at his appearance; by the looks of his hair and the circle under his eyes she could tell he had a rough night. “I don’t think there is anything to talk about,” Ginny said calmly. “Now if you don’t mind, I have a lot of homework to do today.” She turned to leave, but Draco quickly grabbed hold of her hand. “I do mind, and there is a lot to talk about.” She ignored the warm feeling she still got from his contact and just pulled her hand away from his when they were approached. “What do you think you are doing, Malfoy?” Harry asked coldly as he came up to Ginny’s side protectively. “What does it look like, Potter? I’m talking,” Draco snapped. He was the last person he wanted to see. “Well it doesn’t look like she wants to talk to you, does it?” Harry growled as Draco glanced at Ginny. He was right; Ginny didn’t look like she was any mood to talk about anything. “This is none of your business, Potter, so I suggest you leave before I make you,” Draco snarled as he fingered his wand in his robe pocket. “Is that a threat?” Harry said, him too grasping his wand, ready for a duel. “Enough!” Ginny suddenly yelled as she placed herself between the two boys. “There will be no dueling going on!” “But, Gin,” Harry started before Ginny shut him up with her glare. “I can take care of this myself, Harry. I’ll see you later?” It was more of telling him then asking. After taking one good, hard look at Draco, Harry nodded. “Okay, I’ll see you later,” and walked off. “So, I’m something that needs to be taken care of?” Draco drawled, almost glaring at Ginny. Ginny sighed loudly. “You know what I meant, Draco.” “Look,” Draco said, quietly, quickly pushing away the scene with Potter, “Can we please talk?” She wanted to say no, but she knew it took a lot for him to plead. “About what exactly, Draco?” “About last night.” Ginny couldn’t help but look at the ground, and she didn’t know why. She knew that was exactly what he wanted to talk about, but she couldn’t bring herself to. She still didn’t know what to think about all of it. “There’s nothing to talk about.” Draco looked at her in mere shock. Was she kidding? “Look, Ginny, I’m sorry if I scared you or something, but it’s the bloody truth. You can’t expect to just walk out of my life as if nothing as happened.” Ginny looked up into his gray eyes at his words, and slowly nodded. “Yes I can,” she whispered before quickly walking away from him. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Hmm…just noticed that that is the second chapter in a row that I ended it with Ginny walking away from Draco… Well, I hope everyone liked it and yay for me for a quick update! Thank you to everyone who has been reviewing! You guys really are incredibly awesome! I have no idea how many chapters are left, but it is definitely nearing towards the end. I should have a better idea in a chapter or two. I know that Blaise just now is taking character in the story, but eh it happens. I’ve taken a liking to a male Blaise Zabini, and decided that in this chapter Draco certainly needed a male influence, not just Pansy. He will probably show up again in later chapters, but who knows. A lot of characters come and go as they please lol. Hmm…I think that’s all I have to say. Oh, and I would love to email people and tell them when I update, but I really don’t have the time and there would be far too many people to email. So just put me on your favorite author’s list or alert thingy and just check every once in awhile for updates. Also to those who left the huge ass reviews-you guys are amazing. Seriously!! Thanks everyone! Liz21 15. Chapter Fifteen ------------------- Disclaimer: I’m starting to panic about the idea of owning Draco. With only a few chapters left, there is no Draco Malfoy in my arms and I’m starting to think that JK Rowling will never give him to me. Very sad. You would think that JK Rowling wouldn’t mind giving me one of her many characters, as she has enough as there is. Well, until she learns how to share I don’t own anything Harry Potter related. Summary: Ginny's heart is broken by the one man she's ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco's 7th year, Ginny's 6th Check out my other fics, Brick Wall, Juliet without Her Romeo, and Lover I Don’t Have to Love. I decided to discontinue Dying to be Thin so I could spend more time on this story. For everyone who reviews, I'll share Draco with you once I get him! By share I mean five minutes with him. By five minutes I mean you are allowed to hug him. Okay never mind he's mine. Hehehe. Okay, you're allowed to look at him. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Chapter Fifteen ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny sighed quietly as she brushed her hair, staring into the mirror at her reflection in deep thought. The week after the Halloween Ball had been the longest week of her life, so when Friday finally rolled around she was near ready to pass out. Her emotions were on their wits-end, pleading with her to just lock herself in her room for the remainder of the year, and if she could get away with it she probably would do so. The whole week seemed to blend into one thought that distracted her from her work, kept her awake at night, and even eating: What the hell was happening with her life? Last Saturday, Draco Malfoy- the Draco Malfoy who used to hate her, whose father is a Death Eater, and is basically the prince of Slytherin-told her he loved her. Draco Malfoy *loved* Ginny Weasley. The whole idea of that being true was so far out there that Ginny didn’t know whether to laugh in his face or run far away from his lies and trickery. After running, that was the conclusion she came to when she allowed herself to think over the matter. It all made more sense that Draco was just playing a trick on her. He is in Slytherin after all, a house that is not known for their honesty and heart filled motives, and she was sure that he would have loved more than anything for her to fall for him just so he could hurt her like Harry did. And Harry was another story. Ever since he found her outside after the dance and they ate breakfast together the next morning, he would barely leave her alone. Whenever it was time to go to class, he was right besides her offering to carry her books, or at meal times he somehow always ended up sitting next to her. At first she didn’t mind as much, he created a distraction from what was happening with Draco, but the more energy he spent on her the more she started to think twice about where he was truly placed in her life right now. Every morning when it was time to go down to the common room on her way to breakfast, she was never disappointed to see Harry waiting there for her like he did when they were together. This is what she wanted she would tell herself when they walked down to the Great Hall together. She would always think the same thought and tell herself the same thing until she would feel Draco’s eyes on her. At first she ignored his gaze. Their last interaction was the morning after the ball, and ever since then she made a point to not even look at him. Her plan was to go about life before he entered when they went around not speaking to each other except for the occasional insult. Draco seemed to have the same idea as he never once tried to talk to her again, but every morning when she entered the room full of students with Harry, she felt him watching her. And every morning she would ignore his gaze and sit with her back to him. Ginny huffed at herself. “Too much thinking won’t do any good,” she muttered angrily to herself as she set down her brush a bit too roughly on her dresser top. Her eyes skimmed over the makeup still sitting out from the ball preparations and with only a second thought, she picked up the basics and started applying them to her face. As she put on some black mascara, she smiled softly at the memory of Draco’s face when he saw her hair and face all made up for the ball. Butterflies filled her stomach at the remembrance of how he held her when they danced, of the way he smelled, and even of the kiss he gave her later the night, making her face glow at the thought. Her hand paused as her eyes grew widely at what she was thinking of. She stared at her pretty face in shock at herself and briefly wondered who she was trying to look good for. She has Harry now in her life to impress, but yet Draco was the person on her mind. “It’s for Harry, all for Harry,” she tried to convince herself as she hastily put everything away. She pulled a small drawer out of the dresser and was about to shove all of the makeup into it when she froze at what was in it. She very slowly picked up a flower that lay hidden and forgotten about in the drawer, and gently cupped it in her hand as if she was afraid to break it. It was the flower that Draco gave her in front of everyone in the Great Hall, the morning after their newfound ‘relationship.’ Riley picked it up for her after she dropped it and ran away, and gave it to her later on in the day. She stared at its delicateness, and even though she knew Draco gave her that just as a show, it meant something special to her, something different. Something she had never really felt before. A small tear started to gather at her eye. How could Draco have acted so sweet to her, like he really did care about her, and end up hurting her so? She felt safe with him; she thought she could trust him. But no, he just wanted to hurt her in the end. What was she thinking when a Malfoy offered to help her? His ultimate plan was probably to take away her virginity just so he could rub it in Harry’s face and then drop her once he was done. That had to be it. Why else would he devour her like he did that one night? But he was stupid; he let those three words slide out, thinking that she would melt at hearing them. At least she was a step ahead of him on that one. A tear escaped her eye, but before it could travel down her cheek, she quickly wiped it away. “Are you crying, Gin?” Ginny jumped a few inches and turned to Harry’s voice while hiding the flower behind her back. “Harry! What are you doing in here?” Harry looked at her with curiosity. “I was waiting for you for breakfast, but you never came downstairs so I figured I’d check to see if you were okay.” “Oh, well I’m about ready, so I’ll just meet you downstairs, okay?” Harry gave her a long look, and Ginny almost squirmed when he opened his mouth to ask a question. He knew she was hiding something from him. “Okay, Harry?” Ginny interrupted him. She didn’t want Harry to see the flower, knowing he would recognize it. Harry closed his mouth for a moment, and continued to stare her down before nodding his head slowly. “Okay, I’ll see you in a minute,” he said before he walked out of the room and closing the door behind him. Ginny let out a breath she didn’t realize she was holding the whole time. She went to put the flower back in the drawer before she took another look at it. Why was it an immediate reaction to hide Draco’s flower from Harry? She quickly shook her head at herself as she slammed the drawer shut. ‘Get yourself together, Gin,’ she thought to herself as she grabbed her books and walked out of her room and down the stairs. ‘I have Harry back, just like I wanted.’ She bounded down the stairs and into the common room, where Harry stood waiting for her by the entrance like he did every morning before he took her books and they walked out together. Ginny gave a small smile as she watched him open the entrance door for her. ‘But is this what I really want?’ ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* She couldn’t do it any more. She felt his eyes on her like she did every morning, but she could not do it anymore. She couldn’t sit through another meal with him watching her like a hawk, and her acting like she was oblivious. She threw her napkin on her full plate in frustration at Draco and at herself. She knew that the only reason it was getting to her was because of that silly flower she found just half an hour ago. All the memories with him that she purposely forgot about in the past week came back, and that did not help her out at all. “Are you okay, Ginny?” Riley asked slowly as she eyed the napkin that was so viciously thrown. Ginny gave a little huff before looking at her best friend sitting across the table from her. “Can you do me a favor, Riley?” she asked quietly so Harry wouldn’t hear her, even though she doubted he was paying any attention to her at the moment. He was too enthralled in talking to Ron and Hermione about Merlin knows what to take any notice of the distressed girl right next to him. “Sure, anything,” Riley replied immediately. “Is Draco looking at me?” Riley stared at Ginny for a second, eyeing her curiously before looking over the redhead’s shoulder and towards the Slytherin table. She seemed to lock eye contact before stating, “Yes, just like he does at every other meal.” Ginny sighed to herself in defeat. “So you’ve noticed it too, then?” “Yes, along with that he is back to his mean, cold hearted Slytherin attitude. Not that I like Malfoy or anything, but he was a lot pleasanter when you two were together.” Ginny groaned loudly as she rested her head on the table, but not before hitting it a few times, which certainly caught the attention of others around her. “Uh, Gin? Why are you banging your head on the table?” Harry asked slowly as Ron and Hermione gave her a curious look. Ginny immediately ceased her activity and felt a faint blush start to grow at being caught and a headache of course. “Um,” she said as she lifted her head to everyone’s eyes, “Just have a bit on my mind.” The trio all glanced at each other before shrugging their shoulders and going back to their conversation and blocking her out. Ginny rolled her eyes at all of them, but was at least lucky that they didn’t press her for more information. “So, what exactly is on your mind?” Riley interrogated. “My guess it’s something along the lines of blonde, evil, and gorgeous.” Ginny gasped at her friend. “Since when did you think that Draco was gorgeous?” Riley smirked at Ginny. “That’s funny, I don’t remember saying I was talking about Malfoy. Funny how you immediately think of him-” “Because there’s so many other gorgeous guys in our school who are evil and blonde, right?” Ginny said quickly, catching her friend in her act. Riley let out a little laugh. “Okay, you caught me. And like I said before, I don’t like Malfoy or anything, but any girl would be blind to not find him attractive.” A sudden pang hit her stomach at the thought of all the girls in the school drooling at Draco’s feet, and him enjoying every minute of it. “Oh,” she said quietly. “I guess I never really noticed how other girls act towards him.” “Well, of course his usual groupie backed off when you were with him,” Riley explained as she ate her cold cereal, “But I reckon they’re right back at hopes of seducing him now that you’re out of the picture.” Ginny gulped quietly at Riley’s words, and suddenly did not feel very hungry at all. “Oh, well, is he with any girl now?” she asked as innocently as she could. Riley looked up from her breakfast and at the Slytherin table once more. “Parkinson seems to be all over him.” “What?” Ginny nearly screamed as she turned her body around to face the Slytherin table. There was Draco eating his breakfast as he talked seriously to Blaise Zabini right next to him. Pansy wasn’t even anywhere in sight. She was about to turn back to Riley in confusion when Draco looked up from his meal and at her. Ginny nearly froze at the look he gave her; his dark eyes boring into her soul, staring at her as if she was the only person in the room. He gave no half smile that she almost expected him to give, only stared at her without blinking. Though it was not heart warming or pleasant by any means, she could not look away, and didn’t until Riley gave her a sharp kick under the table. “What was that for?” Ginny asked as she brought her attention back to the table, where not only was Riley staring at her but so was Harry. “Who were you staring at?” Harry asked with a forcibly calm voice. Ginny was too busy to question Riley right away to answer him. “You lied,” she said, referring to Pansy and Draco. “Not lied, more of an exaggeration,” Riley stated. “Well, what was the point of that?” Ginny asked, still ignoring Harry who was now listening intently to their conversation. “To see how the idea of another girl would affect you. I’m sorry, Gin, but jealousy does not suit you.” Ginny gaped at her friend. Jealous? Her? “I don’t know what you’re talking about, Riley.” “That makes two of us,” Harry said interrupting them. “Harry, this really has nothing to do with you,” Ginny snapped, leaving both her and him in surprise at her tone. “Sorry, Harry, but she’s right,” Riley said with a shrug of her shoulders. “Bollocks,” Harry spat. “If this has anything to do with Malfoy it is every right my business. Whatever he wants with Ginny, I have a right to know.” Ginny stared at him with an open, angry mouth. “And why is that?” “Because,” he stated, “If he’s going to try to interrupt us, I’m apart of it.” “Us?” Ginny said slowly. “Harry, just time I checked there is no ‘us’ going on right now. That ended when you broke up with me.” “I,-well of course I know that,” Harry said, his anger level going down several levels at Ginny’s open comment about them, “I was just saying-” “What?” Ginny interrupted angrily, causing several students to stop what they were doing and watch them. “You expected that you could just walk back into my life and pick up where you left off?” “Well, no, but I-” “I don’t want to hear it, Harry,” Ginny said with such sudden anger. She quickly got out of her seat and grabbed her books. She gave him one last, hard look before saying, “Maybe next time you should check out where you stand exactly in my life before you try to make my business your own.” She turned quickly away from Harry, who she left in shock with the other Gryffindors at the table, and walked out of the Great Hall. Right before she left the room though, she glanced at the Slytherin table for Draco, but found he wasn’t there. With a bit of a disappointed frown that he didn’t see that, she left the room and headed straight for the library, intending on some silence and solitude. Once entering the near-empty library, she put her books down on the closest table and immediately went to the potions section, hoping to get a head start on an assignment due Monday. She sighed quietly to herself between two columns of books, her sigh almost echoing in the dimmed area. Without real reason, she looked behind both of her shoulders as a shiver went down her back before she turned to look for the book. “Figures Snape would keep all of his books in the farthest, creepiest part of the library,” she muttered to herself as she grabbed a random book. “No one would probably even hear me if I screamed for help.” “Do you want to take your chances?” Ginny dropped her book in surprise and quickly turned around. “Oh, it’s just you,” she said with relief, even though it was just Pansy. “Gees, Parkinson, you almost gave me a heart attack.” “Hmm, we wouldn’t want that happening, now would we?” Pansy snarled. Ginny rolled her eyes at her. “Whatever you’re up to, I’m not in the mood for it. So just bugger off.” “Aw, what’s the problem, Weasley? Does no one love you?” Ginny cringed at Pansy’s chosen words, knowing that she was only trying to provoke her. “What do you want, Parkinson?” Ginny snapped angrily. “I want you to pay for what you did,” Pansy said between clenched teeth, her eyes glaring daggers. Ginny stared at her, absolutely bewildered. “For what I did?” she repeated. “What the hell are you talking about? You know what, never mind I really don’t want to know. Just go fuck yourself,” she snapped bitterly. She was not going to just stand there and suffer from her PMSing. She made a move to walk away, but the second she attempted to do so Pansy roughly shoved her against the books. “I didn’t say you could leave, Weasley,” Pansy said coldly. Ginny looked at Pansy in shock that she took it to the physical level. It was different when Slytherins would verbally abuse Gryffindors, but the second one would cross the line and get physical it was another story. And Pansy did not look like she was only joking. “You’re serious?” Ginny said in disbelief. This was not happening. “Are Slytherins known to joke?” Ginny gulped, suddenly aware of what situation she was exactly in. On an act of self defense, she quickly went to grab for her wand, but was stopped by Pansy’s own. Ginny stared down at the wand that was pointed at her. “Parkinson, if you want to duel you have to let me get my wand.” Pansy gave a small smirk, one that reminded her of Draco’s. “Who said anything about dueling?” Ginny’s eyes opened wider in fear. She quickly looked to both sides of her, but there was no one in sight. “Remember, Weasley, no one would even hear you if you screamed.” Ginny opened her mouth to say something, but nothing would come out. Pansy smirked at her reaction. “You had it coming to you,” she said. “You mess with Draco, you mess with me.” “Draco?” Ginny repeated. “This is all about Draco?” Pansy nodded slowly as she kept her wand on Ginny. “Loyalty in Slytherin is different than Gryffindor, Weasley. We don’t just stand up for each other; we make sure to eliminate the problem.” “What are you going to do, Avada Kedavra me?” Ginny asked. ‘This is not happening’ she kept on repeating to herself. Pansy gave a small laugh. “Weasley, even you’re not worth a life time in Azkaban. No, I was thinking of something a bit more…legal. Have you ever heard of the Skeletal Snap hex?” Ginny felt all of the blood drain from her face. Fred accidentally used it once on Percy when they were younger. A simple curse broke all of his main bones in his arms and legs, and he had to spend a painful week healing them back. Pansy smirked at her. “I’ll take by the look on your face you do know. Well, Weasley, even if someone found you here after I’m done with you-which I doubt-you can rat me out all you want and the worst I would get is a few house points taken away.” “Why are you doing this?” Ginny asked with a shaky voice. She may be a Gryffindor, but a wand less one. “I figured it would only be fair. You gave Draco a broken heart, so I’ll give you a few broken bones.” “I did not break Draco’s heart!” Ginny exclaimed loudly. “The fuck you didn’t!” Pansy yelled angrily, red sparks coming out of her wand. “He told you he loved you, and what do you do? Run back to Potter and pretend you two never happened.” “We never happened! It was all a scheme!” Ginny said desperately. “It was all a lie to get Harry jealous or mad, or whatever. We were both in it for different reasons but it was never real!” Pansy stared at her silently, taking in her confession. “Well, whatever it was,” she spoke in a still voice, “something happened that neither of you planned. He fell for you, Weasley. I have no idea what he sees in you, but it must have been big enough for him to admit it.” Ginny stared at her, not really knowing what to say or even think for that matter. She knew Pansy wouldn’t be so enthralled over this whole matter if it was the lie she made it out to be. “A Malfoy fell in love with a pathetic, poor dirt Weasley, and how does she return it? She fucking runs to his archenemy. How heartless can you be?” “I’m not heartless,” she muttered silently. Tears started to run down her cheeks from fear and sudden realization. “I never wanted to hurt Draco. I thought it was all a lie, that he was trying to hurt me.” “Of course, because everyone is just out to hurt your little heart!” Pansy yelled. “Stop being the selfish bitch you are and take a good look around you! You know that years ago I would have died for Draco to look at me the way he looks at you? Or that any other girl here in this school would do anything just for his attention? But no, that’s not good enough for you. What, do you want him to get on his knees and beg for your love?” “No!” Ginny yelled in-between an angry sob that escaped her throat. “I don’t want that! I don’t know what I want anymore!” “Well that’s not my problem,” Pansy said, raising her wand, “and you better not make it a problem anymore after I’m done with you.” Ginny squeezed her hands, ready to feel the excruciating pain of her bones snapping, but she would not give Pansy the satisfaction of closing her wet eyes like a coward. Pansy opened her mouth, ready to say the hex, when- “EXPELLIARMUS!” Ginny and Pansy both gasped loudly as Pansy’s wand flew out of her hand and to- “Draco!” Pansy exclaimed in shock as she watched him hold her wand. “What are you-how did you-” Even through her blurry eyes, Ginny could see Draco’s face clearly even though he was several feet away. His gray eyes were alight with such hate and anger, that it made her shiver. He clenched his wand so tightly at Pansy that she thought it would snap in half. “Get out of my sight before I make you,” he said dangerously, annunciating each word. Pansy gulped loudly and started to slowly back away but paused to ask for her wand back. Draco continued to hold his gaze with her. “You’ll get it back when Dumbledore decides to give it back.” “Dumbledore?” Pansy screeched. “You’re turning me in?” “Would you rather work it out with me?” Draco asked with his low, angry voice. Pansy’s eyes grew widely as she viciously shook her head. Without a moment’s hesitation, she scattered. The second she was gone, Draco immediately rushed over to Ginny. “Are you okay, Ginny? Did she hurt you?” Ginny slowly shook her head as the shock started to wear off. “I’m fine,” she said as she tried to stop crying. “She just took me by surprise and I couldn’t defend myself and-” she paused for a second to look at Draco, suddenly wanting nothing more than to be comforted in his arms, to feel safe. So that’s just what she did. Draco almost blinked in surprise when Ginny threw her arms around his neck and started to quietly cry into his chest. He quickly gathered himself and wrapped his arms around her and held her tight. “It’s okay, Gin,” he whispered into her ear, “It’s all over now.” He felt Ginny relax at his words, and very slowly he loosened his grip on her and pulled her back far enough so he could look at her face. He gently wiped the tears off her face and let his hands settle on her shoulders once she stopped crying. “I’m sorry,” she said in a quiet voice as she stared into his eyes. “Don’t apologize over crying,” Draco said as his hand moved a piece of hair behind her ear. “I’m shocked to see you still in one piece. I’ve seen what Pansy has done to some girls and-” “I’m not sorry over that,” Ginny interrupted. “I’m sorry about how I treated you after…after…” “After I said I love you,” Draco finished for her. It still surprised him how easily he could say that to her. Ginny dropped her eyes to his chest. “Yes. It’s just that, I didn’t know what to think and I was scared.” She paused for a second to say, “and I still don’t know what do think and I’m still scared.” Draco gently lifted her chin with his fingers so she would look him in the eye. “Why are you so afraid?” he asked softly. “Too many feelings at once,” she started to ramble off without taking a breath. “I-I don’t know. IhavenewfeelingsforyoubutoldoneswithHarryand-” Draco quickly interrupted her talking with a small, soft kiss on her lips. Ginny did not pull back at his sudden touch, but melted at it, soaking in the comfort and relaxation it brought, before it awoke the butterflies once more in her stomach. As quick as it started it ended, and Draco pulled back to look into her hazy eyes. “There’s no reason to be scared, Gin. No one is saying you have to choose right now, but I definitely won’t just stand around and wait for you to be done this time around with Potter.” Ginny stared at Draco, only finding herself to be able to nod. Draco gave a small smile before he let go of her and picked up her long forgotten book. “Now let’s get you to your class safely before I make a stop at Dumbledore’s office.” Finally finding her own voice, Ginny asked, “How did you know that Pansy and I were back here?” “Blaise actually tipped me off,” Draco said as they made their way back to the tables. “He told me that Pansy has been extra huffy about you this past week, making side remarks about her having some plan of revenge or something crazy like that. When she didn’t show up for breakfast, I left early to start searching some of her usual spots, hoping she wouldn’t try anything stupid. But looks like you got to her before I did.” Ginny nodded slowly as she collected all of her books. “But way back in the potions section?” she asked, still shocked that he found her when he did. Draco shrugged his shoulders. “Luck, I guess. I saw her book bag over at that table,” he pointed to a secluded area Ginny didn’t even notice, “and just started searching through some random sections. My guess is she just followed you until you were in a secluded area, and I just happened to check Potions.” They walked quietly to Ginny’s DADA class, Draco insisting that he wanted to make sure she got there safely. “Why were you in the library anyways?” he asked suddenly. “Shouldn’t you have been eating breakfast with Potter?” “I actually ended up telling him off and decided I needed to be alone,” she said as she readjusted her books. “Oh really?” Draco asked, trying not to sound interested. “Yes,” Ginny responded with a small smile, “and you would have heard every word if you didn’t leave when you did.” “Eh, I’m sure I can bully one of the first years into telling me what happened,” he said with a smirk. Ginny gave a small laugh when they turned around the corner right near her class when she suddenly grew silent. Harry was standing right outside her classroom door. “Harry? What are you doing here?” Ginny asked in alarm. Harry eyed Draco evilly as he said, “I wanted to apologize to you about acting like I did, and was hoping to catch you before class but you never showed. I was just going to go look for you.” He stopped and took in the fact of Draco and Ginny standing next to each other comfortably. “Is he bothering you, Ginny?” Ginny rolled her eyes lightly. “No, Draco isn’t. He actually saved me from suffering the Skeletal Snap, if you must know.” Harry looked at Ginny like she was crazy. “What?” he screeched. “Pansy attacked her in the library, Potter,” Draco snarled. “Guess you can’t always be the hero, can you?” Ginny shot Draco a look before saying, “I have to go to class now before I’m anymore late.” She paused at both of them standing there, staring at her, and opened her mouth to say something, but closed it a second later. She turned around to walk into the door, but not before giving Draco a quick look. Ginny left, but Draco and Harry still stood in their same spots, staring each other down in silence. “I want you to leave her alone, Malfoy,” Harry said matter-of-factly. “I should be asking you the same, Potter.” Both boys continued to glare at each other stubbornly. “Well, we both can’t have her,” Harry stated. “Of course not,” Draco said, “but you already proved that you don’t deserve her.” Harry stared at him, trying to prove his statement wrong, but was coming up empty handed. Draco smirked at him before pushing past him and towards Dumbledore’s office. After he left, it was another minute before Harry also left the area and went off to his own business. Inside the room at the nearest desk to the door, Ginny sighed quietly to herself, hearing their whole conversation. Just when she thought she couldn’t be anymore confused, she was proven wrong. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Whew! That was a long-ass chapter, and one of my favorites I must say. A lot happened in this chapter (yay) and it was a long one because it’s a guaranteed I will not be touching this story for a good two weeks. I really should be studying now for my last final, but instead thought I would give everyone a quick update. I hope to update with one more chapter before I leave for home on Friday. Also a few side comments on why I portrayed each character like I did in this chapter. I think having to deal with all that Ginny is dealing with in the beginning of the chapter is extremely stressful. I don’t know about everyone else, but one guy causes me enough grief and stress! Usually when you’re stressed out you’re a bit of an emotional wreck, being more irritable (snapping at Harry like she did in the Great Hall) even being more sensitive (crying when she saw Draco’s flower and after Pansy’s attack). So for those who thought she was a bit OOC, it was all for real reasons. Hope everyone liked it, and thank you for the WONDERFUL reviews! There’s only going to be a few more chapters left, and I still do not know the exact number. I wasn’t even planning on the whole Pansy-revenge scene which actually brought Ginny back to realization with Draco and have them not ignore each other, so who knows how many chapters I’ll create lol. Thank you once again!! Liz21 16. Chapter Sixteen ------------------- Disclaimer: Okay, screw the whole ‘I want to own Draco plan’. It’s never going to happen. That’s why I’m moving onto a new plan called ‘I’m going to kidnap Draco plan’. Does anyone want to join? Until I have collected a group to help me kidnap Draco, I do not own anything except for my random characters that randomly show up, like Mary Elizabeth who is in this chapter. Summary: Ginny's heart is broken by the one man she's ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco's 7th year, Ginny's 6th Check out my other fics, Brick Wall, Juliet without Her Romeo, and Lover I Don’t Have to Love. I decided to discontinue Dying to be Thin so I could spend more time on this story. For everyone who reviews, I'll share Draco with you once I get him! By share I mean five minutes with him. By five minutes I mean you are allowed to hug him. Okay never mind he's mine. Hehehe. Okay, you're allowed to look at him. THERE MAY BE A BIT OF HARD R IN THIS CHAPTER, JUST TO WARN EVERYONE!! ANYONE UNDER AGE-I WARNED YOU! THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO CHRISTY. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Chapter Sixteen ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* “What the hell is wrong with you?” Ginny looked up from her books, startled at the voice, only to frown slightly at seeing it was Ron. “What did I do this time?” she asked sarcastically. “I think it’s more like what you didn’t do,” Ron said with a harsh voice as he towered over his sister. “What is this I hear about you and Harry?” Ginny simply raised her eyebrow at him before turning back to her books. “I don’t know what you’re on about. Nothing is happening with me and Harry.” “Exactly!” Ron yelled making a few first years jump at his bellowing voice. “*Nothing* is happening between you two and it is your entire fault.” This bold statement made Ginny look up harshly at him. “*My* fault?” she repeated slowly, hoping for the safety of her own flesh and blood that he did not just say that. “Oh don’t get all angry on me for you own doings,” Ron said as he took a seat next to his sister at the small round table in the common room. “You know very well what you’re doing to poor Harry, leading him on and all that.” Ginny dropped her quill in shock at his words. “Poor Harry? Leading him on?” she repeated. “I am doing nothing of the sort, Ronald!” she yelled angrily. How dare her brother make Harry the victim? “You sound just like mother,” Ron snapped. “And you know very well that you are toying with Harry’s emotions. He practically came back to you on one knee, and what do you do? You ignore him by flirting with Malfoy.” Ginny stared at her brother like he had three heads, wondering what the hell he was talking about. She hadn’t even seen Harry or Draco since earlier that day when Pansy attacked her. She was just about to question him on this when she paused for a second. *She* hasn’t seen Harry or Draco, but Ron has. “Did Harry say something to you?” she questioned. Ron paused for a second without answering, already giving away his information. “What does it matter if Harry said anything? Harry has been on about you since the dance and you are doing nothing about that!” “What if I don’t want to do anything about it?” Ron snorted at her suggestion. “Yeah right, Gin. You’ve been in love with him since you were ten years old. You used to dream of moments like this.” “I was also a silly little girl when I had those dreams, Ron,” Ginny snapped, her face turning red with anger. “And how dare you say all of this and forget that Harry was the one to hurt me in the first place! Do you seriously expect me to just let him pick me up whenever the hell he wants?” “What’s in the past was in the past, Gin!” Ron yelled, completely subsiding Ginny’s point of argument. “Forget about what happened, and focus on what could happen!” “And what’s that?” “Harry!” Ron said loudly. “Harry’s your future! Don’t you see that he wants to be with you?” “He’s already had me, Ron! If he wanted me that badly, he would have never let me go!” “He was confused,” Ron said matter-of-factly. “He wasn’t sure what he wanted.” “Oh, but now he does? How can I be so sure that he won’t just get confused again with me? Then what, Ron?” Ginny asked furiously. “How can you be so confident that your best friend isn’t going to hurt your little sister again?” “Well, I’m not but-” “If you’re not even sure, how can you expect me to be?” Ginny questioned, wanting nothing more than to be left alone and maybe take a hot bubble bath. “What’s there to be sure about?” Ron said, twisting her words. “He loves you.” Ginny felt herself stiffen at Ron’s words. “He does not love me, Ron.” “Then what else would you call him paying attention to you, holding your books, and trying to spend time with you?” “Trying to get into my pants.” Ron gaped at her for a few moments before spluttering out, “That’s ridiculous! Harry is not the kind of guy to-” “I already know about Lavender, so save it,” Ginny interrupted at Ron’s pathetic attempt to cover Harry. “Look, Gin,” Ron said in a calmer voice, “you can’t judge Harry on that one thing. He’s a guy and like all guys we have our needs.” Ginny glared at her brother in disgust. “You are such a pig!” she screeched as she stood up and collected her books. She had enough of this. Standing in front of her brother she added, “And not all guys are like that. Some actually love a woman for who she is and wants to be with her not just for sex.” Ron laughed loudly at that. “Find me one teenaged guy who does that.” “Draco Malfoy.” Ron immediately wiped his smile off his face. “Give me a break, Gin! Malfoy’s been with more girls than I can count. Haven’t you ever heard what girls call him? They call him Slytherin Sex God or something repulsive like that!” Ginny shook her head. “He’s not like that anymore. He’s changed.” “Malfoys can’t change, Ginny,” Ron stated. “You need a heart to be able to change.” “Despite what you think, Draco does have a heart,” Ginny yelled, growing angrier by the second. “Well if he does, then it’s probably all cold and evil. He can’t love a woman for who she is like you think he can; he probably doesn’t even know what love is!” “Are you listening to yourself? How can you say such a thing? Draco may not wear his heart on his sleeve, but he certainly learned what love is!” “Oh yes, and I’m sure his father taught him what love was all about, hu Gin? In fact, his dad was such a loving person that he gave you Riddle’s diary as a token of his love.” Ginny dropped her books at the mention of Riddle’s name, which left her empty hands to do some good use. *SLAP!* Ron almost fell out of his chair at the force of Ginny’s hand on his cheek. He tenderly touched his cheek that was already red from Ginny’s slap in shock. “How dare you?” Ginny snarled in clenched teeth. Her eyes were bright with fire of anger. “Draco’s father has nothing to do with this, and for you to make a joke like that you should be lucky that I didn’t hex you.” Ron stared at his sister with round eyes. “I-I didn’t mean to say that. I’m sor-” “I don’t want to hear it,” she snapped as she quickly picked up her books. She proceeded to stalk off to her room, but just as she reached the bottom of the stairs she turned back to Ron, who was still sitting there like an idiot. “Oh, and for your information, Ron, Draco does know how to love. I know from personal experience.” She gave him a quick glare before she ran up the stairs, leaving Ron in more shock than he already was. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* The second she reached her room she barged in and made a beeline to her bed. Not caring that she was not alone, she threw her books on her bed, grabbed her pillow, and screamed as loud as she could into it. “Ron again?” Mary Elizabeth asked without looking up from her book. “Who else would it be?” Ginny said as she slumped onto her bed. “I don’t know. Malfoy has a knack of making your emotions go hay-wire also,” she said as she turned a page. She paused from her book to look over at Ginny. “Did something new happen with him?” “When isn’t something happening?” she muttered. “Merlin, this has been one hell of a day. I need a nice, relaxing bubble bath. Did Hermione change the Prefect’s bathroom’s password since I’ve last been there?” “Now, Ginny,” Mary Elizabeth said in a motherly tone as she set down her book, “you know you could get in trouble if you’re caught in there. Only Prefects are allowed, and you’re not a Prefect.” “No,” she said as she sat up to give her roommate a winning smile, “but you are.” Mary Elizabeth frowned at her friend. With a long sigh, she picked up her book again. “It’s *Dancing Fairies* and you better not get caught.” Ginny gave her a wide smile as she headed towards the door. “Don’t worry I won’t. Thanks, Mary Elizabeth, you’re the best.” “Yeah yeah,” she said with a bit of a smile, “you’re just too pissed off to ask your brother for it.” “That and he wouldn’t have given it to me anyways,” she said before walking out the door. Before she reached the common room she stopped to check if Ron was gone, not wanting to continue with their row. Once all was clear she walked out of the Gryffindor common room and right to the bathroom near the statue of Boris the Bewildered. After glancing around her to make sure that no one was around-even though many students wouldn’t be wandering near this part of the school at 4 in the afternoon- she muttered “*Dancing Fairies*” and slipped inside. She inwardly smiled at the beautiful room; she never got tired of the chandeliers or enormous masses of white marble. She grabbed a white towel from the table, and went to an empty changing area on the left side of the room. After she discarded her clothes and wand into a cabinet, she walked back out to the main area in nothing but a small, white towel. Ginny hummed a happy tune as she once again passed the pool to the right side of the room were smaller, more private baths lay. She crouched down to the built-in bath of her choice and turned a few tabs, smiling pleasantly as bubbles started to pour out into the warm water. She ran her hand through her straight hair as the smells of vanilla and lilac filled her nose right before she dropped her towel to the side of the mini pool-which could hold a good four people-and lowered herself into the now full bubble bath that barely came up to her chest when she stood. “This is the life,” she muttered to herself as she rested herself on a shallower sloped ledge on the inside of the bath. The bubbles just covered half off her breasts, leaving quite a handful of cleavage showing, but she just closed her eyes and leaned her head back in relaxation. She sighed quietly as she felt her body relax; only wishing that her mind would do the same. It was only a few hours ago that she had her run in with Pansy, and that she kissed Draco. Her face started to grow hot, and she wondered if the warm water was making her do that or the thought of how Draco’s lips felt against her own. The thought of his hands all over her body on Halloween night made her bite her bottom lip to fight back a feeling she was having. Draco was gorgeous, she knew that. He kissed like the book; he seemed to always know just where to touch her, whether it was a gently caress on her face or when so many nights ago he dared to touch her bare skin. She stirred restlessly at the thought of his hands on her hips and her breasts, grasping her with lust and desire. Unknowingly to Ginny, the Prefect’s bathroom door opened to a Prefect who didn’t notice a red head in the far right mini-pool with its curtain only half way closed. They instead grabbed a towel just as Ginny did so and went right to the changing rooms. Ginny was so entranced by her thoughts of Draco’s body lying on top of hers that she didn’t hear the footsteps walk towards her, and continued to lie there with her biting on her lip until the person, almost passing by her to a farther mini-pool, stopped in shock. “Ginny?” Ginny’s eyes popped open at the familiar voice and turned her head to the side, where Draco was standing. In only a towel. She knew that her mouth dropped open, but how could it not? Just when she was daydreaming of him kissing her and touching her, there he was standing next to her mini-pool with only a white towel wrapped very loosely around his lean waist. She eyed him up and down, swallowing hard at his hard chest and perfect abs. His shoulders and arms were as lean and muscular as she always thought them to be, along with nicely shaped legs. The thought of knowing that Draco was naked underneath that little towel made it painfully aware that she too was naked under a layer on bubbles. “Draco!” Ginny gasped as she covered her exposed cleavage, which by the look in Draco’s eyes she knew he saw. “What are you doing here?” “I should be asking you the same thing,” he said as he tried not to think about her being naked. “This is a Prefect’s bathroom, and I happen to be a Prefect.” “You’re not going to take away house points, are you?” Ginny asked as she quickly averted her eyes to one of the tabs. Anything to keep her eyes off of Draco’s perfect face, perfect body, not to mention those lips that are perfect to kiss with… Draco smirked knowingly at Ginny’s reaction. He knew he had a good body, but Ginny’s innocence that she was acting on was such a turn on that he had to resort to thinking of other things to keep his body cool. ‘Think of Snape in a bikini,’ he ordered to himself. ‘A pink, yellow polka dotted bikini that is a few sizes too small and…ah bad mental image.’ “Hmm, it is my responsibility to punish those who are breaking the rules,” Draco said with a joking tone. “Whatever shall I do to you?” Ginny felt her face blush at his suggestiveness and was about to reply when a scream was let out. “Goodness gracious, Mr. Malfoy! Please do cover up more or enter your bath!” Draco and Ginny both jumped at Professor McGonagall’s voice that boomed through the echoed room. Just when she thought she was caught, Ginny saw that McGonagall’s back was turned to them, probably because Draco was half naked. Draco stared at his professor’s back, dumbfounded on what he should say. He knew she didn’t see Ginny that much was sure. “What are you doing in the Prefect’s bathroom?” If he didn’t know what to say, he might as well keep up his attitude. “A professor is for now on checking the bathrooms at every hour to make sure no non-Prefects are in here, not that it is any of your business, Mr. Malfoy. Now please get into your bath that you drew so I can make my rounds!” Ginny felt her eyes grow wide with Draco’s as realization hit them both. Butterflies attacked her stomach at full force at the thought of having to share a bath with Draco. Draco gulped loudly at McGonagall’s order. He knew that if he tried to protest, she would think something was up and investigate to only come across Ginny. Lately there have been an increase in students who have somehow managed to sneak into the Prefect’s bathroom, and everyone caught received a harsher punishment than the last. He glanced down at Ginny who was a bit paled in the face, either from fear of getting caught or of realization of what was to happen. He took a deep breath. He did not trust himself in a situation like this. “Yes, Professor McGonagall,” he said slowly as he crept a bit closer to the pool. Thankful that Ginny shut her eyes and turned her face away, he quickly took off his towel and lowered himself into the other end of the mini-pool and closed the curtains on his side. At the sound of a splash of water, McGonagall asked, “Are the curtains fully closed?” Draco looked up at Ginny’s side of the pool, where Ginny still did not look him in the eye, and noticed that the curtains were wide open right behind her, and out of his reach. “Err, just a minute,” he said loudly as he questioned on what to do. He could nudge Ginny underwater to tell her to turn around and close it, but was afraid of what he would touch or of startling her. Taking a deep breath, he waded over to her side of the pool, and careful not to touch her, he leaned over her body and closed the curtain and secured it tight. “They’re closed, ma’am,” he spoke a bit softer than before. He slowly lowered himself down into the water, but did not move back to his side. Instead he stared at her face even though it was turned away and felt his body shake at being this close to her in no clothes. Very slowly, Draco took his hand and gently moved Ginny’s face to look at him. She willingly did so, and the look in her eyes almost made him gasp. She was a bit embarrassed, but not at all afraid like he thought she would be. She bit her lip in a manner that made shivers run down his spine. “Mr. Malfoy! Do you know whose clothes and wand these belong to?” Draco once again jumped at her voice. Ginny’s eyes widened. “They’re mine,” she whispered quietly. “Quick, say they belong to Mary Elizabeth!” “The 6th year Gryffindor Prefect saw me on my way up and told me that she may have left her spare change of clothes and her wand in here. She asked me to bring them back to her if I found them.” Draco stared at the curtain, waiting for McGonagall’s response. His arms now hung at both of his sides, his hands hidden by the bubbles that came up to his belly button. Ginny slowly slipped off the ledge and went to stand next to Draco, who was not observing any of this, and found herself staring at his profile. “Hmm, that’s not like Mary Elizabeth to be so careless,” McGonagall said. “Are you sure you don’t want me to bring them back to her?” “No! I mean, no, it’s quite alright, Professor,” Draco said quickly. “Well alright then. I shall see you later, Mr. Malfoy,” McGonagall said as she walked out of the bathroom, the door closing loudly behind her. Draco let out a big sigh of relief. He turned his head back to Ginny to find that she was now standing right up next to him, instead of before when she was sitting on the ledge. His eyes dropped down to her chest, where the bubbles just covered her nipples. Draco gulped loudly as he forced himself to look back into Ginny’s fiery eyes. “Well, I guess I can leave now,” Draco said quietly, but he never moved, and Ginny never made him. The butterflies would not leave her alone, and Ginny could not take her eyes off of his lips. Just the idea of having Draco naked next to her was driving her mad, and it scared her a bit. Still, she closed any distance between them and brought her hand to his face and gently touched his skin. “What are you doing?” Draco whispered with lust as his eyes almost closed to her touch. She was so close to him that he could feel the tips of her breasts on his skin. “I think I want to kiss you.” Draco stopped his eyes from bulging at her husky voice. “Only do it if you’re sure, because I’m not sure if I’ll be able to control myself.” Fire ran through Ginny’s veins at Draco’s words. “Well maybe I don’t want you to control yourself.” This time Draco’s eyes did open a bit wider but found he did not have anything to say. Ginny slowly dropped her hand and rested both of them between their chests while Draco wrapped his arms around her naked, wet lower back. “I don’t know how I exactly feel about you, Draco. I know it’s something big, but I need to find out how much,” Ginny spoke softly as she leaned her head in closer to Draco’s. “Anything I can do to help,” Draco muttered right before Ginny leaned up and pressed her lips to his. The second they touched, it was an immediate passion she has never felt before. She was planning on just leaving it at a simple kiss, but the second she felt Draco’s hands caress her bare skin tightly, she immediately wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her hand in his hair. Draco moaned a bit against her mouth when she tugged at his hair, sending shivers down her spine. Knowing that she was turning Draco on excited her, and just to see if she could do it again, she pulled on his hair twice as hard. Draco opened his mouth against Ginny’s to gasp with pleasure, which Ginny quickly muffled with her tongue, deepening the kiss as she pulled his face closer to hers. She kissed him as if they were going to die tomorrow, she kissed him hard and thoroughly, hoping to find the answer she has been searching for. Draco slowly brought hands up from Ginny’s back, grazing his fingers lightly against her skin as he trailed them up to the sides of her breasts. His hands froze, only a centimeter away from her, and he briefly wondered if that would be taking it too far. But once Ginny tugged at his bottom lip he decided to take his chances. Ginny arched her back in pleasure as Draco grabbed both of her breasts, kneading them lightly as he flicked his thumbs at her nipples. She let go of his mouth to let out a moan as he rubbed harder, making her tense with lust. The second Ginny stopped kissing him and arched her back, Draco immediately moved for her neck and started leave a trail of warm, lingering kisses. He felt Ginny dig her nails into his shoulders when he nipped at a sensitive part of her neck before he dipped his head down lower and kissed one of her breasts before lightly sucking on it. If Ginny thought his hands felt good on her, it was nothing compared to his mouth. She knew things were going too fast and spiraling out of control, but she didn’t care. The thought of having him be her first entered her mind quickly as Draco went back to kissing her mouth fiercely, and she was too drunk with lust to think of anything else but him. Taking sudden charge, Ginny took both of Draco’s hands, and while continuing to kiss him, she led him back to the slopped ledge she was lying on earlier. The second she settled herself on it, Draco immediately followed and covered her body with his own, all the while still not letting go of her mouth. Ginny’s eyes almost opened in surprise at feeling his arousal against her leg. “Draco,” Ginny moaned as he nipped at her ear, huffing hot breath into it. The water on the shallow ledge just covered Draco’s lower back, leaving his well-formed back showing with Ginny’s hands all over him. She didn’t know what came over her, it must have been a naked, wet Draco lying on top of her and of him kissing her everywhere, but desire hit her so hard that she just had to do something. Kissing wasn’t cutting it. As Draco continued to kiss, suck, and lick her between her neck and ear, Ginny’s yearning got the best of her and she slowly dragged her right hand down to the water between them and curiously dragged a finger against his length. Draco trembled slightly at her touch as he let out a low hiss in her ear. “Do you like that?” Ginny asked breathlessly. Draco only let out a nod before Ginny wrapped her trembling hand around him and ran it across the length, marveling at how big he was. “Merlin, Ginny, do you have any idea what you’re doing to me?” Draco whispered huskily as his back arched to Ginny’s touch. Ginny bit her bottom lip in response. She knew that what she was doing obviously felt good to Draco, but she didn’t now how good. Draco dropped one of his hands down in-between them and took her hand off of him. “Here,” he whispered as he stared into his eyes, “let me show you.” His whole body paused as he stared at her, waiting for her permission. Ginny nodded at him, not really knowing what to expect. Draco gave her a small smile before he went back to kissing her, and then she felt him touch her tiny bundle of nerves. Ginny almost jumped in pleasure at his touch; already moaning loudly in his mouth when he continued to rub and touch her there. Draco’s other hand nestled in the back of her hair, digging his fingers deep into her locks. Almost out of reflex to his touch, Ginny opened her legs wider to him, giving him more room to move about. He gave her bundle a quick flick before gently coaxing two fingers inside of her. Ginny gasped loudly at his entrance, and for a second she didn’t feel much until he started to move his fingers while he touched her bundle of nerves also. “Draco!” Ginny gasped loudly as she buried her hands into his hair, pulling on it hardly. She had to take a hold of something or she was certain she would drown. Draco nuzzled his face on the side of her neck as he moved his fingers faster. Watching her face sketched with pleasure that he was giving to her took more out of him than he thought it would. He muffled his groan into her neck as she tugged on his hair and whispered into his ear: “I want you, Draco.” Draco’s hand immediately stopped and he put it on the side of the mini-pool behind Ginny’s head to balance, despite Ginny’s meows on protest at the sudden empty feeling. He propped himself up carefully over Ginny so he could look her squarely in her rosy face. “What did you say?” he asked hoarsely. Ginny smiled heavenly up into his gray eyes. “I said I want you.” Draco stared at her thoughtfully, trying desperately to think with his mind and not his throbbing arousal. He gritted his teeth together for a moment, knowing in a minute he’ll hate himself for doing this. “Not here. Not like this.” His words completely wiped the expression off of Ginny’s face. “Why not?” she asked, the hurt being clear in her voice. Draco signed quietly as he rested his forehead on Ginny’s. “Because I’m not going to take your virginity from you in a big bathtub. You deserve better than that.” He was going to add that she still didn’t know her true feelings with him and Potter, but kept it in. Draco’s words made her feel slightly better for herself. “I guess a bathtub isn’t what I had in mind for my first time,” she said with a small smile. Draco smiled back at her before giving her a slow kiss before he slowly got off of her and waded over to the edge of the pool for their towels. After checking to make sure the coast was clear, he pulled back the curtains and lifted himself out of the water and wrapped the towel around his waist. He turned back to Ginny, smirking at her closed eyes. “Ahem,” Draco said, making Ginny look at him. “I believe you need this,” he purred as he played with her fluffy towel. Ginny gave him a small, bashful smile before slowly making her way to the edge, the bubbles still covering her. Draco dropped his hands to her to help her out of the pool, but she didn’t take a hold of them until saying, “Close your eyes.” Draco gave her a playful frown before doing so. Once he helped her out of the pool and she took a towel from his hand, he kept them closed until she cleared her throat. Opening his eyes, Draco let out a breath. Never could anyone look sexier in just a white towel. He already hated himself for acting on his best judgment. The walk back to the changing rooms was silent as Ginny took what just happened into thought. She felt her cheeks burn at the remembrance of what she did and almost had done with Draco, and she liked every bit of it. She knew that if Harry was in Draco’s face, that he would have taken her virginity in a bathtub without a second thought. “A galleon for your thoughts?” Draco asked as he handed Ginny her clothes and wand. “Just thinking about what happened between us in the mini-pool,” she said before muttering a drying spell on her body. “Oh,” Draco said before doing the same. “So, did you find what you were looking for?” Ginny gave him a grin, remembering her words right before she kissed him. “I’m not sure,” she said with a hint of a smile, “I may need some more convincing.” Draco dropped his shirt at her words. “Oh really?” he asked smoothly. Ginny nodded slowly as she started to play with the part of the towel that was tucked in. Draco eyed her movements with anticipation as she took a step closer to him and leaned right up to him. “Draco?” she murmured into his ear. “Yeah?” he gulped, shivers running down his back at her hot breath. “See you at dinner.” Draco looked at her with wide eyes as she gave him a big smirk before strutting over to a private changing stall. He stood there for several seconds before shoving his clothes back into onto the cabinet and stalked over to the shower stalls. He needed a cold shower, and fast. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* I decided that a happy chapter was in order. There were too many sad chapters in a row where Draco kept on getting hurt. Well, I lied when I said I wouldn’t be updating for another week. Instead of studying for my finals, I decided to write one more chapter before going home. So if I failed my tests, I’m blaming it on all of you! Hehe just kidding. I’m going home today from college, so I say give it a few days until I end up writing a chapter everyday because I am so bored hehe. Now, I think I’ve been pretty good with the pace of this story, and I hope no one thinks that the Draco/Ginny scene was a big jump. It’s now obvious that she has feelings for Draco, she is just very confused on how big they are and what to do with Harry. I’m sure that no matter what she was feeling or what place she was in now, she could not have resisted touching an irresistible, naked Draco! I know I sure as hell wouldn’t be able to do that! I’m done with trying to guess how many chapters are left because scenes keep on adding themselves into my outline hehe. Next chapter will probably go back to the normal Harry/Ginny/Draco drama, so even though Draco and Ginny had their little..err..bonding time…who knows how much as changed? Any predictions on Ginny’s outlook on everything?? To **Dark Roses:** Believe me when I say that I am a huge feminist myself (again, w/out the hairy armpits hehe) and the whole PMSing comment was not made as an excuse or anything. Whenever I’m in a bad mood and crack or take things way too seriously, my friends, even the girls, are always like, “Wow, someone is PMSing today.” I don’t even PMS though lol. So that whole PMSing comment was a personal comment, meaning whenever I think of someone who acts like Pansy did, I think of my friends being all retarded and saying that. It definitely is not an excuse, it is just an expression. Hope everyone liked this chapter, and please review!! Liz21 17. Chapter Seventeen --------------------- Disclaimer: The kidnapping plan is a success! Many reviewers wish to help me kidnap Draco, so once I have the place and time, I’ll let everyone know. I own nothing except for the usual random characters like Riley and such. Summary: Ginny’s heart is broken by the one man she’s ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco’s 7th year, Ginny’s 6th Check out my other fics: Brick Wall, Juliet without Her Romeo, and Lover I Don’t Have to Love. I decided to discontinue Dying to be Thin so I could spend more time on this story. For everyone who reviews, I’ll share Draco with you once I get him! By share I mean five minutes with him. By five minutes I mean you are allowed to hug him. Okay, never mind, he’s mine. Hehehe. Okay, you’re allowed to look at him. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Chapter Seventeen ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny walked down to the Great Hall in a blissful remembrance of what took place almost two hours earlier with Draco in the Prefect’s bathroom. She was still in a bit of excited shock over what happened physically between the two, and even now her face reddened at the thoughts of Draco being naked in a tub with her. Never had she done something that personal with someone before, and she wondered if it would have been so thrilling and hormonal if it would have been with anyone but Draco. She couldn’t help but smile at the fact that he was so gentle with her. He didn’t treat her like the fragile, little girl that Harry once treated her like. He respected her, and knowing that she is an innocent, did not take advantage of her. Ginny almost chuckled at how Draco seemed so different towards her and everyone else. One minute he would be torturing some Hufflepuff third years, or bantering the hell out of her brother, and the next he would look at her with eyes only for her. She certainly gave up on trying to figure Draco out. He was in no ways evil that others held him to be, but he was certainly no angel. In a pleasantly well mood, Ginny almost skipped into the room for dinner. The second she was in the entrance door and had view of all the tables, she immediately looked over at the Slytherin table for a certain blonde, but at once froze when she did so. Draco was no where in sight, but instead there was Pansy staring at her with a deadly glare. Ginny knew she should not be afraid of her, especially since they were in a room full of students and professors, but not even the good mood that Draco put her in could shake the fear of what happened to her only earlier that day. She could not move from her spot, not could she take her eyes off of Pansy’s fiery ones. Even though she did not hear anyone approach her from behind, she did not jump when a hand gently held her shaking one. She was almost used to Draco showing up just when she needed him most. “You have no need to be afraid. I already reported her to Dumbledore.” Ginny averted her eyes to the head table where she saw Dumbledore watching everything that was happening with hawk eyes. Without looking at Draco, she asked, “Then why is she still looking at me like she wants to kill me?” Draco squeezed Ginny’s hand a bit tighter at her words. “Because she’s a Slytherin. Even if we’re defeated, we don’t like to show it.” Looking up from Ginny, Draco gave Pansy a glare that would even make He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named grimace. With one more glare at Ginny, Pansy quickly backed down and looked else where. “But like I said, you don’t have to be afraid,” Draco spoke softly as Ginny managed to stop shaking. “Dumbledore put a curse on her for the remainder of the school year. If she so much even tried to life her wand at you, it will backfire onto her and he will be immediately notified and she will be expelled.” Ginny let out a long breath that she was holding in before looking up into his eyes. “Does she hate you?” she asked softly. Draco shrugged his shoulders. “For now, yes. But she would have done the same to me if I tried to hurt someone she loves, and she knows that.” Ginny felt her heart quicken at Draco’s words, but could only give him a small smile in return. Draco squeezed her hand for a moment before looking up at her table. “Looks like we have an audience.” Ginny immediately looked up to see Ron and Harry both starting at them from their seats. Ron looked ready to burst and would have done something by now if Hermione wasn’t quickly talking in his ear, probably settling him down, while Harry looked sick with jealously. Ginny let out a small groan. A perfectly good afternoon was already ruined. She almost forgot why she even went to take a relaxing bath in the first place. Draco leaned down and whispered into her ear, “We could always go somewhere more *private* to eat if you want.” Ginny felt shivers go down her spine at the feel of Draco’s warm breath against her ear. “What did you have in mind?” she managed to say. Draco’s heart jumped a beat at her husky voice. His pants almost began to tighten at the thoughts of what could have happened earlier if they were only in a better selected area. “Well,” he said quietly as he traced his thumb over her knuckles, “we could always have a house-elf send food up to my room.” Ginny’s knees almost weakened on the spot. “We could,” Ginny repeated with a bit of a teasing voice. Ginny’s smile faded as she stared into Draco’s eyes, suddenly wanting very much to go to his room. “I apologize, Miss Weasley, but I am afraid that nothing will be happening until I have a word with you.” Draco and Ginny jumped apart at Dumbledore’s words, neither of them realizing that he was standing right in front of them. Ginny’s face quickly turned red with embarrassment of whatever Dumbledore overheard, while Draco scowled at the old man. Ginny looked ready to ravish him, and the crackpot old fool had to put a stop to it. “Hello to you too, Professor,” Draco spit out sarcastically. Ginny scowled at him before asking Dumbledore politely, “What do you need to talk to me about, sir?” Dumbledore gave Draco a quick glance before answering, “We shall talk in private, Miss Weasley. Please come to my office once you are done with dinner. The password is *Gummy Worms*.” Ginny gave him a quick nod before he passed the two students on his way out of the Great Hall. “I wonder what that was all about,” Ginny said, looking up at Draco who was still scowling. With a small smile she nudged him in his ribs. “What are you pouting about?” “I am not pouting.” Ginny rolled her eyes slightly. You are too. I’m sure even Malfoys do such a thing.” “No, we don’t actually,” Draco said matter-of-factly. “Why would be if we always get what we want?” “Well, what do you want now,” Ginny asked slowly. Draco stared at her and simply said, “You.” Ginny swallowed hard. “Well, we’ll see what we can do about that after I speak with Dumbledore,” she said with her teasing voice once again. Draco looked at her in surprise as she walked over to her table and joined Riley and her other friends. With great effort, he walked over to his own table and forced himself to eat something instead of thinking of all the things he could be doing to Ginny right now. Ignoring Harry, Ron, and Hermione who were staring at her from the table, Ginny dug right into her food and purposely looked anywhere but at the trio. She was not going to let them spoil her day any further. “Ginny? I have a question.” “What is it, Mary Elizabeth?” Ginny asked to her friend that sat on her right side. Mary Elizabeth gave her a weird look before asking, “Why did Professor McGonagall tell me that Malfoy found my clothes and wand in the Prefect’s bathroom?” Ginny dropped her fork in surprise, catching a few people’s attention. She was not expecting that question at all. “Err, how would I know?” she asked as she quickly went back to eating as if nothing happened at all. “Technically you shouldn’t, but I did give you the password around 4pm, right when McGonagall said she was in the bathroom.” Ginny slowly pushed her food away and looked at her friend in defeat. She was caught and she knew it. “Well, you see, what happened was-” Mary Elizabeth quickly put up her hand to silence Ginny. “Gin, as much as I love to have girl talk, I really do not want to know what happened between you and Malfoy in the Prefect’s bathroom.” Ginny almost grimaced at her loud voice. “Gees, say it a bit louder, Mary Elizabeth. I don’t think everyone heard you.” Mary Elizabeth scowled at her. “Be thankful that I played along with McGonagall. If I hadn’t, not only would you have gotten in serious trouble, but McGonagall would have walked in on Merlin knows what.” Ginny reddened slightly at Mary Elizabeth’s suggestion. “Thanks, I owe you.” “Just promise me that you’ll never give me any detailed stories with you, Malfoy, and a lack of clothing, and we’ll call it even.” Ginny laughed in agreement, and was about to go back to her food when she looked down at the trio out of habit. Ron and Hermione were talking to each other quietly while they ate, while Harry just sat there and stared right back at her. Ginny bit her lip lightly as she forced herself to look away, having a big feeling that he overheard her and Mary Elizabeth’s conversation. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny sighed quietly to herself as she approached Dumbledore’s office. Anxious over what he had to say, she quickly finished dinner and left before Ron or anyone else could stall her with too many questions. Muttering, *“Gummy* *Worms**”* to the statue, she quickly ascended the stairs and entered the oval office where Dumbledore was waiting for her at his desk. “Please have a seat, Miss Weasley. This will only take a moment.” Ginny nodded quietly as she sat down and looked up at Dumbledore with anticipation. “What do you need to talk about, sir?” Dumbledore cleared his throat before speaking. “It is usually not in my liking to interfere in my students’ personal lives, but I have been noticing that certain situations are arising between you, Mr. Malfoy, and Mr. Potter.” Ginny’s stomach dropped a little. “I guess you could call it that,” she said with hesitant. Dumbledore only nodded before continuing. “I did not bring you here to engross you with statements of how surprised I am that you and Mr. Malfoy are as close as you two are, even though I wasn’t at all. It’s nothing more than a modern day story of Romeo and Juliet. The problem that we have to talk over is what situations have aroused from two former rivals joining. I am of course talking about what happened earlier today between Miss Parkinson and yourself.” “But Draco already informed me of what you did to prevent anything else from happening,” Ginny said quickly. “I assumed as much, but do realize that I have only placed a curse on Miss Parkinson, and only if she uses her wand on you. There are still Muggle ways of fighting, and there are still others that are very angry over the triangle that is taking place.” Ginny stared at Dumbledore, knowing that he had more to say. “Sir?” she said quietly, wanting to hear it all. “Like I said before, it is not my business to impede in your personal life, but I wanted to make sure that you realize that for the safety of you and even Mr. Malfoy that I can no just sit back and watch anymore. Miss Weasley, it is quite obvious that you are a bit overwhelmed over everything that is happening, but if you keep this up for too log, something bad could happen, and Mr. Malfoy nor anyone else may be there to save you.” Ginny dropped her mouth open in shock. Never has she known Dumbledore to be this straight forward. “Are you telling me to choose between Harry and Draco now?” she almost yelled. Dumbledore calmly shook his head. “Not at all, Miss Weasley. It is not my place to tell you what to do. But eventually yo will have to make a decision between the two, and until then everyone who is involved is at risk. Miss Parkinson claimed that the only reason why she attacked you was to protect Mr. Malfoy from getting hurt again.” Ginny sat there in silence, collecting all of us, before saying very quietly, “I never meant to hurt Draco. I really never meant to hurt anyone at all.” “I know,” Dumbledore said with comfort. “And I’m sure this must be a very confusing time for you, but I just wanted t make sure you have all of this in thought the next time you are with Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Potter. I would like to prevent anymore attacks from happening.” Ginny slowly nodded with a loss of words. Somewhere in the back of her mind she knew that she couldn’t keep this up forever, but she was half hoping that if she ignored it, it would go away. But Dumbledore was right; it was not fair to all who were involved and people were getting hurt. “I understand, Professor,” Ginny said wearily as she stood up from her seat. “If you could please excuse me, I have a lot of thinking to do.?” Dumbledore nodded his permission, and with a small nod, Ginny quickly left his office. Once she was out in the hallway, she took a deep breath to try to calm the nerves that settled in. Without taking a look around, she sat down on a bench in the hallway and rested her head in her hands. She felt like she wasn’t ready to make the final decision, but then again she has had plenty of time to choose. It was obvious that she now has strong feelings for Draco, but at the same time Harry provides a familiar comfort and a sense of want that she grew up with. Harry was her safe, secure path in life, while Draco was a bumpier one with unexpected turns. All that mattered now was which path of like she wanted to take. She felt someone sit down next to her and gently touch her shoulder in comfort. She inwardly smiled at Draco’s touch and almost laughed at his knack of being everywhere she was. “Are you okay, Gin?” Ginny jumped up at the spoken words. That was not Draco’s voice. “Harry!” Harry jerked his hand away. “I’m sorry, did I scare you?” Ginny shook her head. “No, I just thought you were someone else.” Harry’s eyes grew a bit darker as he slowly shook his head. “I wonder who that could be,” he muttered. Ginny sighed quietly as she watched Harry grow angry at just the mere suggestion of Draco. Dumbledore was right; she couldn’t carry this on any longer. “What are you doing here?” she asked quickly, hoping to change the subject. Harry’s eyes looked down at his hands. “I saw you leave dinner early, so I followed to make sure that you were all right.” “Oh,” was all she said as she twirled her hair between her fingers. She had a sudden feeling that that wasn’t all Harry wanted to check on her about. “Well, I’m okay, so if that’s all, I’d really like to be alone right now.” Harry hesitantly nodded and started to get up before he stubbornly sat back down. “No, that’s not all. What’s going on between you and Malfoy?” “Excuse me?” Ginny said. “Harry, I thought I already told you that I don’t like it when you’re butting into my business.” “I heard what you and Mary Elizabeth said at dinner,” Harry interrupted with anger. “About you and Malfoy being *naked*.” Ginny’s eyes grew at his words, but she forced to look unaffected. “And?” she asked slowly. “And, and,” Harry said, very hesitantly, “and I just don’t want to see you and Malfoy together, all right?” Ginny stared at him after his sudden outburst. “Why is that, Harry? Jealous, are we?” she asked coolly. She knew she shouldn’t taunt him, but she couldn’t help it. “Yes!” Harry yelled out. “Is that what you want to hear, Ginny? I can’t stand seeing another guy looking at you without getting angry. I can’t even deal with the thoughts of you being with someone else intimately. And the guy being my arch enemy just makes it worse!” Ginny was too shocked to keep up her front. Her mouth hung open like a fish, and her eyes were wide with surprise. She couldn’t find any words to say, even though she didn’t know what she would say. Harry let out an angry puff of air. “You don’t belong with Malfoy. You belong with me.” Ginny opened her mouth to retort how she did belong to him once until he decided against it, but he beat her to it. “And I’m sorry about before with us; I messed up,” Harry said with a calmer voice. “Believe me when I say I’m kicking myself in the arse for it.” Ginny managed to look less like a fool and nod slowly at his words. After a moment of silence and thinking she asked, “Are you only regretting us not being together because Draco wants me?” “Seeing other guys want you made me realize how much I want you, Gin. I didn’t realize what I had right in front of me until it was taken away.” Ginny felt her stomach twisting. “And how long did you feel like this?” Harry shrugged his shoulders. “I guess it didn’t really hit me until the Halloween Ball. I mean, from day one I didn’t like the fact that you and Malfoy were together, but I figured it was bound to end shortly.” Harry slowly shook his head at his thoughts. “But the way Malfoy was looking at you when you guys had your solo dance, I knew that if I didn’t act fast that I would never get you back.” Ginny tried to untwist the knot forming in her stomach, but it was no use. “So you just expect me to drop whatever I have with Draco and to come crawling back to you at your call?” Harry quickly shook his head. “No, I don’t. I was just hoping that you would see how right we are for each other, Gin. We already have so much together that you and Malfoy will never have.” “Like what?” “Well,” Harry said, “your family’s approval, and don’t forget about your friends. Everyone you care about hates Malfoy with a passion. It will never work.” “Harry,” Ginny said slowly, “my family and friends wouldn’t be the ones being with Draco, I would be. Sure, it would be a lot easier if everyone got along with him, but if I want to be with Draco than only I will decide that by myself.” “*If* you want him though,” Harry pointed out. He seemed to pause for a second in hesitation before he leaned closer to her and put his hand gently on her cheek. “But do you want me, Gin?” Ginny gulped at his hushed voice. Never has she seen Harry so persistent towards her before. “I don’t know anymore, Harry,” she said quietly as she felt herself being pulled in by his entrancing green eyes. With serious eyes, Harry gently caressed her cheek before whispering, “Well then maybe I can help you out.” Ginny had barely enough time to move or think before Harry leaned in forcibly and captured her lips with his own. Shocked, Ginny tried to lean away from the kiss but Harry placed one of his hands behind her head, forcing her to stay where she was. Not sure on what to do or what to feel, she closed her eyes and gave into his kiss and his touch. She tried to think of how she was back to kissing Harry Potter, something she swore she wanted, but she couldn’t get into it. His kiss was nice and reminded her of what they had several months ago, but all she could think of how he didn’t taste or kiss like Draco. Mid-kiss she opened up her eyes, almost expecting to see Draco’s face, but was disappointed to see Harry’s. Ginny completely froze at her thoughts. Here Harry was, kissing her, telling her he wants her, and all she wants is to be with Draco. Before Harry could take the kiss any farther, Ginny pushed him away with her hands gently, but hard enough so he couldn’t resist. “What? What is it?” Harry asked, slightly out of breath. His eyes scanned hers with confusion. Ginny opened her mouth to tell him she was sorry, but she couldn’t do this, that she wanted to be with Draco, when she glanced over his shoulder and paused in shock. Draco was standing several feet behind the pair, staring at her with hard gray eyes. He must have been as shocked as Ginny felt because he was not moving or attempting to speak, but the only emotion he was showing was anger. Ginny gathered enough strength to stand up from the bench and face Draco. He must have followed her just as Harry did, or even yet he followed Harry to see if he was going to Ginny. “Draco,” Ginny managed to call out. Harry turned around quickly at his name and hurriedly stood beside Ginny. “Do you mind, Malfoy? We were busy,” Harry spat out. Draco continued to just stand there and say nothing at all. Ginny gulped at his stance. For once she would give anything to hear a sarcastic remark from his mouth. Ignoring Harry beside her, Ginny quickly closed the gap in-between her and Draco. “It’s not what it looks like,” she said urgently as she reached him. “It looked like a kiss to me,” Draco said flatly, his voice twisting with hate. Ginny grimaced at his tone. “But it didn’t mean anything, Draco.” When he said nothing in response, she felt tears in her eyes. Why was she always hurting him? “I’m sorry.” “What are you sorry for?” he snapped. “It’s not like you’re mine or something. You can kiss Potter all you like.” Ginny quickly shook her head. “But I don’t want to kiss Harry. I want-” “Yes, what do you want?” Draco interrupted harshly. “Please tell me what you want, Ginny. I mean, a bit ago I thought it was me, but you change your mind so quickly I can’t even keep up.” Ginny tried to glare at his sarcasm but the tears wouldn’t let her. “Draco, please hear me out,” she pleaded. Draco stared at her intently, long enough where Ginny thought he would, before he simply said, “No. I ‘m done with hearing you out and waiting for you to make a choice.” Ginny gulped at a sudden nauseous feeling. “What are you saying?” “I’m saying that I am done with you just keeping me around when it is best for you. I am done with you being so confused when everything is right in front of your nose. I’m saying I’m done,” Draco paused as he mustered a breath, “I’m done with you.” Ginny tried to fight back at his words, put up an argument and try to change his mind, but the shock hit her so hard that she felt her knees buckle underneath her. The tears that were hiding in her eyes grew when she saw that Draco didn’t even flinch when she fell to her knees, and that it was Harry who rushed to her side instead of him. Draco looked down at her like she was the speck of the earth, like he used to before this whole thing began. “Goodbye, Weasley,” he spat before turning swiftly around and leaving without a glance back. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* **runs away from angry reviewers** Okay, before I get flames for how I ended this chapter, remember that I told everyone to reseat to themselves: “It will end in Draco and Ginny, it will end in Draco and Ginny, it will end in Draco and Ginny.” I apologize about the slowness in updating. Now that I’m home, chapter updating may be a bit slower than usual. In fact, I wrote this all out on my computer, then found out my Internet wouldn’t work, so I printed it out (I lack a floppy disk thingy) and retyped it on my family’s computer. So this is when you say yay because I didn’t want to keep anyone waiting any longer. I’m going to move right on to the next chapter in hopes that it won’t take too long. My guess is there will be twenty chapters total, and possibly and Epilogue. Than you for everyone who has reviewed! A special thanks to those who wished me good luck on my finals. Honestly, some of you guys are just so nice it’s amazing. I passed all of my classes, so yay for that! Also, if anyone wants to check out my LiveJournal, it is under Evil_Lizbo21. There I will mention updates on chapters, or even add comments on how far along I am on them and what not. Thanks again to everyone and are you all excited as I am for HP3 coming out soon?!?!?!? Woot!!! Liz21 18. Chapter Eighteen -------------------- Disclaimer: I have some news over my kidnapping Draco plan. It seems that word got out to JK Rowling, who, frightened and intimidated by me, sent me a gray kitty with gray eyes named Draco in hopes to replace the real one. My Draco kitty is awfully cute and has a matching personality of the person he was named after. Until I decide what to do now, I own nothing except for the characters I made up like Riley and Mary Elizabeth. Aww Draco licked me! Ha-ha, I like the sound of that! Summary: Ginny’s heart is broken by the one man she’s ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco’s 7th year, Ginny’s 6th Check out my other fics: Brick Wall, Juliet without Her Romeo, and Lover I Don’t Have to Love. I decided to discontinue Dying to be Thin so I could spend more time on this story. For everyone who reviews, I’ll share Draco with you once I get him! By share I mean five minutes with him. By five minutes I mean you are allowed to hug him. Okay, never mind, he’s mine. Hehehe. Okay, you’re allowed to look at him. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Chapter Eighteen ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* “Come on, Ginny. We’re going to be late for breakfast.” “I’m not hungry. Go without me.” Riley sighed quietly to herself as she looked down at her friend. “Gin, I’m not going to just leave you like this. What’s wrong?” The redhead peeked an eye open before she pulled a pillow over her head. “What makes you think something is wrong?” she mumbled. “Oh, I don’t know,” Riley said her voice dripping with sarcasm. “Maybe it’s the fact that you went to bed early last night without saying a word to anyone, and that you awoke with the same silence. And the fact that it looks like you’ve cried all night seems suspicious. No, wait, I’m certain I heard you crying for a big portion of the night.” Silence filled the room as she watched Ginny grow still at her words. Sitting on Ginny’s bed, Riley put her head in her hands for a moment. She felt a migraine coming on. It was probably best to give Ginny some privacy, but t he last time she saw her like this was when Harry broke up with her. “Ginny,” Riley said with comfort, “please tell me what happened. I really hate to see you this upset.” The silence continued, and Riley almost gave up when Ginny slowly rolled onto her back. Tear marks streaked down her face. “H-Harry kissed me,” Ginny forced out while drying her tears. Riley’s face twisted with confusion. “And you’re crying why?” Ginny’s bottom lip trembled. “Because Draco saw.” Riley’s expression didn’t change. “Once again, and you’re crying *why*?” “Because I’m a blind, daft loser who can’t see what’s good for her even if it slaps her in the face,” Ginny muttered as she hugged her pillow. Realization slowly hit Riley. “But I thought you and Draco are just friends,” she questioned slowly. “We were-I mean we are-I mean-I don’t know,” Ginny mumbled into her pillow. “The best way I can explain us is that he’s always had strong feelings for me and I was too stubborn and afraid to admit my own feelings.” “How strong of feelings?” Ginny shook her head. “It doesn’t matter,” she said as she looked her friend in the face. “I fucked up. I had my chance-several actually-and I messed it all up.” “Well,” Riley said hesitantly, debating over her words, “there’s still Harry.” Ginny sniffed lightly as she shook her head. “But I don’t want to be with Harry. I want to be with Draco.” “Then why were you kissing Harry?” “Riley,” Ginny said in a warning voice, “you’re really not helping here.” “Sorry,” Riley said as she pushed her hair out of her eyes. “Is there anything I can do for you?” Ginny slowly shook her head as she sat up. “No, I got myself into this. I’m sure there’s something I can do to fix this with Draco.” Riley got off Ginny’s bed and watched her do the same. “Have any ideas on what you’re going to do?” Ginny bit her bottom lip as she ran a brush through her hair and grabbed some lip gloss. “No clue,” she said as she gathered her books. She paused for a second at her mirror to apply a glamour spell to conceal her puffy, red eyes. “You should probably talk to Harry though, and at least set him straight,” Riley suggested before they left the room. “Or at least give him a swift kick in the balls for ruining everything.” Ginny snorted into her hand as they walked to the stairwell to the common room. “Riley!” she said with laughter. “What?” she responded with fake innocence. “Okay, fine. Just try to talk some common sense into that boy and hope for the best.” Ginny nodded and grew silent as they entered the common room when they walked by Ron and Hermione. The two were talking quietly together, both stopping suddenly at the sight of Ginny. Immediately, Ron got up to approach her, but Hermione quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him back, whispering something into his ear while shaking her head. “What do you think that was all about?” Riley asked as the two girls made it safely out of the common room. “Harry probably told on me like he always seems to,” Ginny said with a bit of annoyance. “Whenever something doesn’t seem to go his way with me, he alerts Ron about it, the whole time making me look like the bad person.” Riley gave a short laugh under her breath. “Pathetic,” she muttered. “Why the hell did you put up with that? If I were you, I would have run to Malfoy a long time ago.” Ginny stopped in her footsteps. “Maybe I don’t deserve Draco at all,” she said with sudden worry. “Maybe this is all some wake up call to reality. I’ve treated him no where as good as she has treat me-I shouldn’t have been shocked that he gave up on me. If I was him, there was no way I would have put up with him for so long.” Riley quickly shook her head. “You deserve someone who treats you great,” she said. “If Malfoy really is that great, then he didn’t give up completely on you. I mean, when hasn’t Malfoy been known to act all…Slytherin like when a bad situation arises? I’m sure he freaked out w hen he saw you kissing Harry, resorted to being the angry, cold Slytherin we all know him to be, and left in great confusion over what the hell happened. You can’t expect him to have no interest in you whatsoever just because he didn’t let you explain yourself or show any other emotion.” “I know, I know,” Ginny mumbled. “But what if he really is finished with me?” “I don’t think that’s possible,” Riley said as they continued their path to the Great Hall. “If you really love someone, you can’t just get over them in one night.” “This is Draco Malfoy though,” Ginny pointed out. “Before this year I always assumed he didn’t even have a heart.” “And last year I would have danced the polka with Snape before even thinking of you two falling in love.” Ginny’s heart thumped wildly at Riley’s chosen words. “Love?” she repeated weakly. “Well yeah, doesn’t Malfoy love you?” “Yes, but I mean, I just realized last night that I want him, not Harry. To say I’m in love is just-” “True?” Riley said, this time stopping Ginny to look her in the face. “I’m sure this is all sudden for you, Ginny, but this whole time whether you realized it or not you wanted Malfoy over someone you used to love since you were ten years old. If that’s not love, I don’t know what is.” “I-I know, but-” “No buts, Ginny,” Riley ordered as she pulled on her friend’s hand to get her moving again. “You even admitted to yourself that you are a blind daft. No one would go through all of this over some guy they just flat out liked, or even lusted.” Ginny mindlessly let her friend drag her to a walking pace. She knew what her true feelings were, despite the sudden impulse to deny them. How could she ignore the butterflies whenever she caught a glimpse of him or how her skin tingled at his touch? Once the two neared the entrance, Ginny stopped as Riley continued to walk to the table. She had a clear view of the Great Hall, and though neither boy saw her, she saw that Harry and Draco were both at breakfast. Sighing quietly to herself, she quickly followed her friend to their seats, all the while forcing herself to look at the floor. She felt his eyes on her when she sat down next to Riley and Christy, and sneaking a glance to her right, she indeed saw Harry staring at her. The last time she saw him was when he ran to her side after Draco left her last night, but she immediately made him go away so she could be alone. She was curious on how Harry would react to her this morning, but his facial expression wasn’t an angry one that matched Ron’s, but he definitely wanted to talk to her, maybe to get answers or sort things out. He gave her a small wink and a smile, reassuring that he still thought highly of her. Ginny almost rolled her eyes at his expression before looking away. How could he go around winking at her when just last night she said to Draco that kissing Harry meant nothing? She started to eat her cereal but paused. Something felt amiss. She pondered for a moment over what it was, and then realized that for the first time she couldn’t feel *his* stare on her. Looking up at the Slytherin table, she frowned in disappointment to see that Draco was not looking at her. In fact, he seemed to be doing a very good job at putting interest into a ditzy blonde sitting next to him that was in Ginny’s year. A pang of jealousy hit her hard as she watched the girl fawn over some words Draco was whispering into her ear. Ginny tried to force her eyes away, but couldn’t. The girl was leaning into Draco very suggestively as Draco smirked at her, making the girl giddier than ever. Ginny’s stomach dropped when she saw Draco twirl a long blonde lock around his fingers. “Hey, Ginny.” a male voice said behind her. Ginny broke out of her trance and looked behind to see Harry standing there. She knew she should talk to Harry, but he picked the worst timing. “What do you want, Harry?” she said wearily. Harry’s smile dropped at her words. “I was wondering if we could take a walk and maybe work things out about last night.” Ginny slowly nodded, realizing that she was about to push The-Boy-Who-Lived away for someone who was clearly over her. “Yeah, we do need to talk,” she said with little enthusiasm. “Great!” Harry said, regaining a hopeful smile. “Well, we better go now so we have time before class.” Ginny went to gather her books but Harry beat her to it. Ginny gave a small sigh at Harry holding her books, but ignored it. As they were walking out together, Ginny stole a quick glance at the Slytherin table. The blonde girl was still giggling and flirting, oblivious to the fact that Draco was no longer paying attention to her. Cold chills went down Ginny’s spine at Draco’s hard glare towards her and Harry. Quickly looking away, she looked at Harry and focused on what exactly she was going to say. “So,” Harry said as soon as they exited the Great Hall, “what did you want to talk about?” Sudden nerves hit her stomach. She was really hoping for a bit more time to think about what exactly she was going to say to Harry, because right now she was coming up empty handed. “Us,” she said shortly. Harry gave her a small, confused smile. “And?” he asked, as if there was a further explanation besides the obvious. ”And…” Ginny said, reaching for words. “I want to talk about us and…Draco.” The smile was wiped off Harry’s face as he stopped the both of them towards the end of the hallway. “What about Malfoy?” he said in a low voice. Ginny frowned at Harry. She was sick of trying to treat this matter softly to lessen hurt him. “Harry, don’t act stupid. You heard what I said to Draco last night.” Harry’s face hardened at the reference of last night. “We all say stuff we don’t mean, Ginny.” “But I meant it, Harry. When I said kissing you didn’t mean anything, I meant it.” Harry stared at her in silence. “You can stop playing hard to get now, Gin,” he said in a low, impatient voice. “I already apologized about hurting you in the first place, so you can stop pretending you don’t want me.” Ginny stared at Harry in shock. It was like talking to a brick wall. “Harry, I don’t want you!” she said sternly. “Come on, Gin. You’ve liked me since I first came to Hogwarts! You’re telling me that after all these years, you miraculously don’t want me anymore?” “That’s exactly what I’m saying!” she nearly yelled. She never really noticed the size of his ego until now, and it was annoying her greatly. “I don’t believe this,” Harry said as he shook his head in denial. “What, are you going to tell me next that you secretly want Malfoy instead?” “Well, it’s not so much secretly-” “You have got to be kidding me!” Harry said loudly as he ran a hand through his hair. Students that were leaving breakfast looked over and stared at the two. “Harry, not so loud,” Ginny pleaded, not wanting to gather an audience. “Okay, so you like Malfoy, I can deal with that,” he said, reassuring himself. “But I can’t just stand by and watch you go to him. There has to be something I can do to win you back.” Ginny scowled at his words. “Harry, what are you not getting?” she asked angrily. “There will be no more of us, so please just move on with your life!” Harry gaped at her as the small crowd murmured anxiously amongst each other. “What is going on here?” a voice asked in the back of the crowd. A few students parted to make way for the Head Girl to move to the front. Hermione looked at Harry and Ginny in surprise that it was them who were causing a scene. Ron was not far behind her. “What’s going on here?” Ron said, repeating Hermione’s words, but in an angrier, more confused manner. “Nothing that is any of your business,” Ginny snapped. “It is too my business!” Ron yelled back, already red in the face. “You’re my sister and Harry is my best friend!” “You don’t see me sticking my nose in your love life, so get out of mine!” she yelled furiously. It always annoyed her when Ron played the overprotective brother role, but this was going too far. Ron paused for a second to gather her words. “What’s going on with your love life?” he asked, oblivious to the part where she told him to stay out. “You know, probably a lot less if you butted out a long time ago!” Ginny snapped. “Malfoy is what’s going on,” Harry answered, ignoring Ginny. Ginny groaned as she saw Ron’s face grow angry just like Harry’s at the mention of Draco’s name. “What has he done now?” he asked with a growl. Ginny glared at her brother. “What is that supposed to mean?” “It means,” Ron started as he snapped his eyes over to Ginny’s, “that Malfoy seems to be ruining everything between you and Harry.” Ginny gasped at Ron’s comment. “That’s not true!” “The hell it isn’t! Take last night for example! You were getting along perfectly fine with Harry, and Malfoy had to just fucking waltz by and ruin everything! Whenever you and Harry have the chance of getting back together, Malfoy has to ruin it!” “Ron! That is not how it happened, and even if it did it wouldn’t matter! That oh so perfect moment with Harry made me realize I can not be with him, so will you fucking leave it alone?” “No, I will not until you give me a damn good reason of why you aren’t with Harry!” Ginny forced herself to hold onto whatever calmness she had left in her. She knew that things could be easily when her temper got the best of her. ”I don’t owe you any explanations, Ronald,” Ginny said with a forced calm, although her face was still red. “Well, you at least owe Harry one!” Ginny glanced at Harry who has been silent during her and Ron’s fight. “I don’t owe Harry anything,” she told Ron, never taking her eyes off Harry. “But I did try to tell them that I’m not interested. He just won’t accept it and move on.” The crowd now almost circled them, but Ginny ignored them. She was sure that Draco was one of the students watching her, but at the moment she didn’t care. Ron studied her silently. “This is all because of Malfoy, isn’t it?” he questioned Ginny. “You’re not interested in Harry because Malfoy has you under some spell.” Ginny rolled her eyes. “Draco doesn’t have me under and spell, you idiot,” she snapped. “He’s probably using his sick, twisted ways to make you deny Harry!” Ron continued, completely ignoring Ginny “Will you shut up?” Ginny yelled, making Ron and every one else go silent. “Is it so hard to believe that me denying Harry for Draco is my own doing?” Ron looked slightly alarmed at Ginny’s announcement that Draco was indeed very much involved, but for once couldn’t find the right words to express his feelings. “It’s kind of funny, isn’t it?” Ginny twirled around to face Harry. “What’s funny?” she asked in confusion. His green eyes narrowed at her. “That you’re pushing me away for someone that isn’t even around to claim you.” Ginny’s eyes scanned half the crowd at Harry’s words before looking back at him. She knew that Draco was not going to come to the rescue anymore. “That’s because I messed up,” she retorted. “I had my chance and now I’m too late.” “So, you’re giving up another chance with me, for a guy you’ll have no chance with?” Ginny eyed Harry slowly. “I couldn’t be with you knowing that I had stronger feelings for Draco, even if he wants nothing to do with me.” “The hell you couldn’t!” Ron yelled, breaking the almost civil conversation between Harry and Ginny. “Your feelings for-for…” Ron paused with anger as he glared daggers over Ginny’s shoulder. Ginny immediately turned around, already knowing what she was going to see. Only one thing, or one person, could make Ron any angrier than he already was. Draco was leaning against the wall coolly with his arms crossed against his chest as if this was the most entertaining event ever. Surrounding him were his Slytherin peers and that ditzy blonde he was with earlier. “Draco,” Ginny said quietly as they locked eyes for a second. She didn’t even see him there, and didn’t know how long he had been around. “You were saying, Weasley?” Draco said with a smirk as he ignored Ginny. Ron took a few steps up to him before Hermione could hold him back. “Does this humor you, Malfoy?” he snapped before turning on Ginny. “See why I get so angry? This means nothing to that creep! He’s laughing at your pain!” “Along with how dirt poor she is,” Draco added nastily. His Slytherin friends hollowed in laugher as Ginny glared at him. She knew that this was all one of his famous acts that he was pretending to hate her. Maybe he did hate her, but to go from loving her one day to insulting wasn’t right. Ignoring him, she looked at Ron who looked ready to hit Draco. “Forget him, Ron. He’s doing this on purpose to get to me.” Even though it took a moment to do so, Ron pulled his eyes back to Ginny’s and slowly shook his head. “This is all bullshit. You have control over these so called feelings for Malfoy,” he said painfully slow. “You can forget about Malfoy right now and be with Harry if you really wanted to.” “Don’t be an idiot, Ron!” Ginny snapped. “You can’t help who you fall in love with!” Ron’s face fell at her words, Hermione gasped, Harry dropped Ginny’s books in shock, and Ginny stopped breathing. The crowd was still with anticipation. She couldn’t believe she just said that, let alone acknowledged it. She reluctantly looked over at Draco who has yet to make any kind of reaction. He was staring at her, standing up straight, his eyes seemed to widen in a bit of shock before he masked his face. “You’re what?” he asked slowly in a low voice. Ginny gulped before moving closer towards him. “I-I tried to tell you earlier-” “Oh, was this before or after you mauled Potter?” Draco snapped. Ginny bit her trembling lip and ignored the trio behind her. “Draco, I’m sorry about that. It was a mistake.” “No,” he said as he shook his head. “No, Ginny, we were a mistake.” Ginny’s heart dropped at his words. “You don’t mean that.” “Why wouldn’t I?” he snapped. “A guy can only get slapped in the face so many times before he just accepts the fact it’s never going to happen.” He paused for a moment to settle down his voice. “We are never going to happen. You decided that for both of us.” Ginny quickly shook her head. “No I didn’t! You don’t know what I decided on because you didn’t give me the chance to tell you!” “Why should I give you a chance?” “Because if you really loved me, you would.” Before Draco had the chance to respond, the bell rang, signaling the morning classes were about to being. “Everyone,” Hermione said loudly, “back to class before I start taking away house points!” The crowd groaned loudly with disappointment before they slowly walked away to their destinations. Draco’s group hesitated at Hermione’s command, but since Draco was ignoring them, they reluctantly left. After a minute passed, the only ones left in the hallway were Hermione, Ron, Harry, Ginny, and Draco. “Come on, guys,” Hermione said as she nudged Ron and Harry. “We’re going to be late for class.” Ron shook his head, not taking his eyes off of Draco and Ginny who were standing still and staring at each other. “Not until Ginny leaves also.” Hermione stared at the two also before glancing at Harry. He too was staring at them like Ron was, but in a defeated look. She shook her head slowly before moving in-between her two best friends. “Harry, Ron,” Hermione said in a motherly tone, “we have to go to Potions now or Snape will give all three of us detentions.” “The same goes for Malfoy and I don’t see you trying to make him leave,” Ron said as he stalled. Hermione sighed quietly as she watched Ginny and Draco, knowing that they deserved time alone to work things out. She didn’t necessarily agree with Ginny’s choice, but it was what she decided and she respected that. “Yeah, well Snape likes Malfoy better. Now come on before I ban you from your next Quidditch game.” That caught Ron’s attention. “You wouldn’t!” he said as he turned his back on his sister. Hermione forced herself not to smile. She would never do that, but that was the only thing that would distract Ron. “Try me.” Ron’s eyes widened at the thought of no Quidditch before he quickly took off for the dungeons. Hermione went to follow him when she noticed that Harry was still standing there in shock. Frowning at how pathetic her best friend looked, she silently grabbed his arm and forced him to walk with her. “It will be okay, Harry,” she said with reassurance as they followed Ron. “I heard Lavender still likes you…” Ginny silently reminded herself to thank Hermione later. She and Draco were finally alone, but neither of them have moved or spoken. Draco finally said, “What makes you think that I still love you?” “Just the fact that if you really loved someone, you can’t get over them that quickly,” she said as she looked down at her hands, “no matter how much you try to hate them or by using other people to get over them.” A small smirk appeared on Draco’s face. “Are you referring to that airhead I was sitting next to at breakfast?” Ginny looked up at him and gave him a small nod. “I was hoping that you saw that,” he said as his smirk grew wider. Ginny’s mouth opened with surprise before she playfully hit Draco in the arm. “You planned that?” “Shouldn’t you be on your way to class now?” Draco said, purposely ignoring her. She glanced at her watch and saw that she was already five minutes late. “Crap!” she said as she went to gather her books on the ground. “McGonagall is definitely going to give me a detention this time.” As soon as she had her books in hand, she straightened up and faced Draco who was till standing there. “Talk to you later?” she asked instead of stating. Draco stared at her for a moment before slowly nodding. “Yeah,” he said, “we’ll talk later.” Ginny gave him a small, warm smile before the turned and headed for the main staircase. Draco stood still and watched her until she was out of sight before slowly walking to the dungeons, hoping that Snape did favor him as much as Hermione claimed he did. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Whew! Finally done with this chapter! I don’t know why, but it was a pain to write this one. I ended up writing 3 versions of this chapter, hence why it took forever to update. So I apologize for the slowness. There will be one more chapter left and then an epilogue. Also, apologies for how chapter 17 ended, but this ending has new hopes! I couldn’t believe how many people wanted to kill Harry after reading the last chapter-it was so funny! This line was dedicated to all those who wanted to cause Harry physical harm: “You should probably talk to Harry though, and at least set him straight,” Riley suggested before they left the room. “Or at least give him a swift kick in the balls for ruining everything.” You guys crack me up! Thanks to everyone who reviewed-you guys are the best! And yes, I really do have a kitten named Draco. Yes, I’m a dork, but he’s so cute! Also, I think someone asked me along time ago how old I am. I am 19, and to those who commented on the error marks, I know there are some that I miss. For this story I decided to BETA for myself (which I won’t repeat for my next story) and it really depends on how much time I have to read over my work a million times to catch every little mistake. But thanks for those who pointed it out. Liz21 19. Chapter Nineteen -------------------- Disclaimer: A lovely reviewer suggested that kidnapping or owning was not of Draco Malfoy’s style, and that we should just all admire him one by one. I think this may be the best way to go about the situation, so alas, I will never own him or anything else Harry Potter related. Except for the characters that I created, and I’m using all of them one last time in this chapter. Summary: Ginny's heart is broken by the one man she's ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco's 7th year, Ginny's 6th Check out my other fics, Brick Wall, Juliet without Her Romeo, and Lover I Don’t Have to Love. I decided to discontinue Dying to be Thin so I could spend more time on this story. For everyone who reviews, I'll share Draco with you once I get him! By share I mean five minutes with him. By five minutes I mean you are allowed to hug him. Okay never mind he's mine. Hehehe. Okay, you're allowed to look at him. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Chapter Nineteen ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* “Can you believe it? McGonagall gave me a bloody detention for being a few minutes late!” Ginny’s friends all stared at her with hidden smiles as they watched her bothered expression. Classes for the day just ended, and the 6th year Gryffindors were relaxing in the Gryffindor common room. “A few minutes late?” Colin asked with his arm around Vanessa’s shoulders. “Gin, you were fifteen minutes late!” Ginny frowned. “Well, not on purpose. The staircases kept on changing and Peeves got in the way.” “And I’m sure Malfoy had nothing to do with you being late, right?” Riley asked with an amused voice. Ginny blushed at her friend’s suggestive remark. “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she said as she braided her hair. “Oh, come of it, Ginny!” Vanessa said. “We all saw your wonderful performance this morning in the hallway. What we didn’t see though was the ending.” Ginny stared at all of her friends for a moment before saying, “Nothing happened between Draco and me.” She paused for a moment. “Yet.” Everyone except for Riley exchanged looks. “What’s that supposed to mean?” Christy questioned. Ginny shrugged her shoulders. “I’m actually not quite sure. I guess you could say Draco and I ended on a good note before classes with a promise to talk more later, except I haven’t seen him since.” They all nodded slowly and looked like they wanted to question her further, but seemed hesitant. Looks were exchanged once more before they nudged Mary Elizabeth to speak. “And you’re sure about what you decided?” she asked with a caring voice. “I mean, picking Malfoy over Harry.” Ginny resisted not glaring at every one of them. She knew that they were double checking to make sure she was 100% positive before she rushed into something, but she was hoping the questioning would be over by now. “Yes,” she said slowly enough for them all to get the point. “I have never been so sure my whole life.” One by one, they all gave a satisfied smile. “Well, now that that is all taken care of,” Vanessa said as she stood up, “let’s go eat dinner.” “I can’t,” Ginny said as she picked up her books. “I’m going to do some homework before my detention tonight. I’ll see you guys later.” Murmurs of goodbyes were heard as the group of five left and Ginny went up to her room to do her homework, leaving the common room silent. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* As soon as she finished her homework, Ginny changed out of her uniform before walking down the stairs to her detention with McGonagall. She nearly reached the common room door before a voice yelled, “And where do you think you’re going?” She sighed aloud as she turned to face Ron who was sitting with Hermione by the fireplace, knowing exactly what was to come. “Detention. Is that okay with you, Ron, or do I need your permission first?” Ron looked flustered for a moment before saying, “Don’t get all mad at me for asking a simple question! For all I knew, you were going off to meet Malfoy.” “And if I was?” Ginny asked, getting red in the face. “Honestly, Ron. You’d think that by now you would realize that you have no control over me and my decisions!” Ron opened his mouth to yell back but Hermione stopped him. “He’s just concerned, Ginny,” she said quickly. “You know he wants you to be happy, he just doesn’t understand why Malfoy brings you more happiness than Harry does. Harry’s our best friend, and Malfoy will always be liked least, so he’s just having a hard time dealing with it.” Ginny stood there in shock at Hermione’s sudden words. “’Mione!” Ron whined, turning his eyes on her. “What?” she asked as if nothing big was said. “It’s the truth, isn’t it?” “Well, yeah,” Ron said slowly, “but-” “But nothing,” she finished for him. She looked up at Ginny who still stood there in surprise. “You better get a move on, Gin. You don’t want to be late for detention.” Ginny slowly nodded as she started to open the door with her eyes still on Ron. He stared at Hermione, trying to look cross, but sneaked Ginny a quick glance before she left the room. He didn’t look as mad as he was a moment ago. Ginny smiled to herself as she closed the door behind her and walked down to McGonagall’s room. Slowly but surely, everything was going back to normal. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* “You want me to what?” Professor McGonagall looked down at Ginny over her glasses. “You heard me clearly, Miss Weasley. Now I suggest you do as I say before I issue you another detention.” “But, Professor,” Ginny said hurriedly, “I came to serve a detention for you, not for-” “Professor Snape needs more help than I do at the moment,” McGonagall said as she graded a test. “I overheard him giving a detention to another student, saying how he has loads of work to keep him busy with, and offered your help as well.” She looked up from her paper and frowned. “Oh, don’t give me that look, Miss Weasley. I know Gryffindors don’t fancy Snape, but I really have nothing for you to do here and you have to be punished for being tardy.” “There are always lines…” “*Goodbye*, Miss Weasley,” McGonagall said, ending their discussion. Ginny grumbled angrily to herself as she walked down to the dungeons. A detention with any other teacher she could deal with, but with Snape was torture. Even though she did well in his class and never tried to disappoint him, he seemed to hate her just because she was another Weasley. She was nearing Snape’s room when she heard her Professor’s voice. “You can start with the storage closet by organizing the ingredients, and once you’re done with that you can clean…” Ginny let out a sigh of relief, thankful that some other unlucky student got the task of the storage closet. Having that task in her 5th year, she decided that Snape had to be the most unorganized person in all of Hogwarts, even worse than Neville. When she got to the classroom, she saw Snape stacking a few papers. She knocked at the door before she stepped foot into the room. Snape looked up at her knock. “Finally, Miss Weasley has graced us with her presence,” he said in a low growl. Ginny grimaced at his tone. “Sorry I’m late, Professor. I was a bit…confused over McGonagall’s orders.” “I’m sure you were, Weasley,” Snape said as glared at her. “You can start with cleaning those cauldrons over in that corner,” he said, pointing to the farthest corner where about thirty cauldrons lay next to a sink. “Muggle way, of course.” Ginny kept in a groan as she rolled up her sleeves and headed over to the sink to start cleaning. She tried to sneak a glimpse at who was busy in the storage closet, but had no such luck. She went right to work and only two cauldrons later, she heard a knock at the door. “What do you want?” Snape growled. “Dumbledore wishes to have a word with you, Sir.” Ginny recognized the voice to belong to a 6th year Ravenclaw prefect named Angela. “Very well,” he said as he got up from his chair. Ginny heard his footsteps descend towards the door before they paused suddenly. Curiosity getting the best of her, Ginny sneaked a peek over her shoulder and saw that Snape was talking to the person in the storage closet. “I may be gone for awhile,” he said, “so even though you’re being punished, you’re in charge.” He gave a quick stare at Ginny which made her jump and go back to work. “I’m sure Weasley would just love to leave early, so keep an eye on her and make sure she finished her work. And you return to your Prefect duties.” “Yes, Sir,” Angela said as she followed Snape out of the room. Ginny relaxed a bit at hearing the door shut and went back to washing the caldrons. She managed to get through another cauldron before she threw her sponge to the ground in frustration. “Bugger, this is taking too long!” she said, taking her wand out to perform a simple cleaning charm. “That’s called cheating, you know.” Ginny jumped and dropped a cauldron in the sink, splashing water all over her. She turned around and stared in astonishment. “Draco?” she asked in surprise as she watched him walk coolly to her. “What are you doing here?” “Well, seeing as I’m done in the storage closet, I’m supposed to help you clean those cauldrons,” he said as if them two in detention together was nothing out of the ordinary. “*You* were given a detention by Snape?” Draco shrugged. “Seems that Snape doesn’t like me as much as Granger thinks he does.” He stopped only a foot away from her and smiled as he looked her up and down. “You’re all wet,” he said in a lower voice. Ginny gulped as she slowly nodded. Draco gave her a little smirk before he took out his own wand and muttered a drying charm to her clothes before using a cleaning one on the cauldrons. Ginny turned to see that all the cauldrons were sparkling clean. “That’s cheating, you know,” she said in a mocking voice, turning back to him. “Slytherins are expected to cheat.” Ginny smiled at him. “So that makes it okay?” Draco raised an eyebrow. “If you want to clean all these cauldrons the muggle way, be my guest,” he said as he pointed his wand at them, “I can make them dirty again…” “No!” Ginny said quickly as she grabbed his wand hand to stop him. “No, you’re right,” Draco said with a joking voice as Ginny tried to grab his wand from him, “we really should do it the muggle way. It’s the right thing to do.” Ginny gave out a short laugh at hearing Draco saying the right way is the muggle way, but continued to hold her grip onto Draco’s arm. She looked over his shoulder and yelled, “Crap, its Snape!” “What?” Draco said in alarm as he looked over his shoulder, only to have Ginny grab his wand when he wasn’t looking. He immediately looked back at her and tried to grab his wand back, but did not succeed. Ginny took a step around him with his wand in her hand, forcing him to have his back to the sink. “A sneaky Gryffindor fooled a sly Slytherin. What is the world coming to?” she said as she took small steps backwards, teasing him by waving his wand in front of his face. Draco tried to look annoyed, but let out a small smile. “I don’t know,” he said as he took forward steps to her. “At this point I wouldn’t be too surprised if I saw Voldemort dancing with a Mudblood.” Ginny paused at hearing Voldemort’s name spoken, giving Draco the moment to grab his wand back. “Who is being sneaky now?” he asked with an amused face. Ginny frowned at his move, and went to take a step to the side when Draco suddenly glanced at the ground. “Gin, watch out for the-!” Ginny yelped out in surprise when her foot slipped on the discarded wet sponge, making her fall backwards. She grabbed onto Draco’s shirt for balance but instead brought him down with her. She let out a small groan when her back hit the hard floor with Draco’s weight on top of hers. “Are you okay?” She looked up in surprise to see Draco’s face inches away from hers, full of concern. She tried to tell him that she was, but him being so close to her made her loose the ability to form words properly. She merely nodded. Draco didn’t say anything else, but repositioned his arms to the side of her so he wasn’t crushing her. She barely noticed that he made no attempt to get off her before he gently pushed a piece of hair out of her face. “So, w-when do you want to talk about us?” she managed to whisper as she felt one of Draco’s hands bury itself in her hair. Shivers went down her spine at the feeling of him on top of her and when his cologne hit her nose. “Why talk,” he whispered as his lips grew closer to hers, “when actions could do so much more?” His lips went to kiss hers when Ginny put her finger in-between them, making him stop. “Draco,” she said slowly, “I need to know if everything is okay about us.” Draco looked down at her. “Do you love me?” A small flicker of fear ignited in Ginny at Draco’s question, but she ignored it. No matter how afraid she was of love or getting hurt, she knew the truth. “Yes, I do.” “Then that’s all I need to know,” Draco whispered before crashing his lips down on Ginny’s. The kiss was intense from the moment that they made contact. Each longing to taste each other, to hold each other close, they kissed as if they would never have the chance to again. Their mouths and tongues mashed wildly together, and both decided that breathing was not a necessity. Ginny wrapped her arms around Draco’s neck and settled her hands in his hair, bringing his body as close to hers as she could. She let out a sigh of disappointment when Draco abandoned her lips, but her sigh turned into a gasp when he nipped at her neck. “No more Potter?” he murmured against her skin before licking her. Ginny shook her head. “Only you,” she managed to spit out between gasps. Draco quickly brought his lips back to hers as he pressed himself closer to her body. Instantly, Ginny wrapped a leg around his as she felt his hand start to crawl up under her jumper. The second Draco touched the bra; he retracted his hand as if he was burned. Ginny opened her eyes in surprise and gave Draco, who was now quickly standing up and reached down a hand to help her up as well, an odd look. “What the hell-” Ginny started to say just as the classroom door swung open to Snape. Snape paused in mid-step at the sight of Ginny on the floor and Draco standing above her with his hair ruffled. “What is the meaning of this?” he growled. Ginny’s face grew red as she tried to stutter out an explanation. “W-well you see, Pro-Professor…” “Weasley here slipped on her own sponge,” Draco said with a sneer, “and I was just being the gentleman my mother raised me to be by helping her clumsy arse up.” Ginny gave him a little scowl as he helped her up, but it immediately disappeared when he squeezed her hand gently. “I see,” Snape said as he eyed them. “And I’m sure her being a klutz also explains the state of your hair?” Draco’s hands immediately went to his hair and patted it down. “Of course not, Sir,” Draco said coolly. “I was just cleaning the rest of the cauldrons so fast that my hair fell out of place.” As Snape gave the clean cauldrons a quick glance, Draco grabbed Ginny’s hand and made a dash to the door while saying quickly, “Well, now that our jobs are done, we’ll see you later.” Ginny glanced back at Snape quickly before she left the room with Draco. He stood there in puzzlement, looking from the stack of cauldrons to the door where his two students just ran out of hand in hand. Draco didn’t stop running with Ginny until they reached outside near the lake. He stopped underneath the tree that Ginny always sat at, and sat down with his back against the trunk with Ginny right next to him. “I can’t believe that just happened!” Ginny said with a wide smile. “The trick is to not give Snape time to get mad,” Draco said as he produced a heating charm around them to protect them from the harsh November wind. He leaned against the tree as he gathered Ginny in his arms. “It also helps to be a quick talker.” Ginny gave him a smile as she played with his shirt. “I especially loved the part of calling me a clumsy arse.” “What was I supposed to say? I don’t think Snape would have bought it if I said you had a cute arse!” “Oh, but running out of his room while holding my hand was buyable?” Ginny said with a little laugh. Draco looked down at her with a smirk. “That was just too tempting to pass up.” “Hmm, I bet,” Ginny said as she pulled on Draco’s shirt, making him lean down to kiss her. After a moment of gentle kissing and groping, Draco broke the kiss off with a smile. “What made you realize your feelings about me?” he asked in a soft voice. Ginny thought for a moment as she rested her head on his chest. “I think it was that I didn’t realize what I had until it was gone,” she responded as she watched the still water. “I always had feelings about you; I just wouldn’t admit them to myself.” Draco nodded at her words as he played with Ginny’s hair. They were both silently watching the lake before he asked another question. “Are you afraid of me?” Ginny scrunched her face in confusion and looked up at him. “What?” Draco didn’t look her in the face. “Are you afraid that I’ll hurt you just like Potter did?” Ginny stared at him, a bit taken back at his question. She always knew that that was one of the main reasons of why she didn’t want to get too involved with Draco in the first place, but having it come out of him seemed different. “No, I’m not,” she answered seriously. Draco looked down at her at her words. “I think the reason why I went through what I did with Harry was to find out what real love is,” she said as she looked into Draco’s eyes. “I was more hesitant and scared about love this time around, but I wasn’t foolish or stupid about it anymore.” She gently trailed a finger down Draco’s cheek. “How can I be afraid of something that feels so right?” Draco stared at her thoughtfully before he took her hand and kissed it softly. “I love you, Ginny.” A warm smile filled Ginny’s face as she leaned up and gave Draco a soft kiss. “I love you too, Draco,” she whispered into his ear before settling back into his arms. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* It was well past midnight when Draco and Ginny snuck back into the castle. They stayed out late, cuddling and talking, with the occasional snog. With a kiss goodnight and promises of meeting before breakfast the next morning, they departed on the main floor. Ginny walked from there to the Fat Lady’s portrait in a bit of a daze, still a bit shocked over the ending results of her and Draco. She found it a bit ironic that pretending to be together for the act of revenge actually made them turn together in the end. Only a few months ago she was crying about Harry breaking her heart, and now she was beaming over Draco mending it. Who would have thought? She gave the Fat Lady a dreamy smile as she said the password. “I wouldn’t be smiling like that if *I* was out past curfew,” the Fat Lady said with a yawn as she opened the door. “Yes, but you’re not in love,” she answered curtly before entering the common room. She smiled brightly at her own words, surprised at how easily they came out of her mouth. She felt like a huge weight has been lifted off her shoulders now that everything worked out. She figured out her feelings for Draco, who luckily still wanted to be with her, and after her earlier encounter with Ron and Hermione, she was sure that Ron wouldn’t be a complete arse forever. Things were starting to look up and the drama was slowly ceasing. “Ginny.” Ginny jumped at her noise being called. The common room was completely empty except for Harry who was sitting in the corner. “Harry! You scared me!” she said as she placed her hand over her beating heart. “Sorry,” he said as he rose out of his seat and walked towards her slowly. “I was waiting up for you, wondering if we could talk-” “Harry, we’ve talked enough,” Ginny interrupted. “There’s nothing left to say.” Harry looked a bit taken back by Ginny’s forcefulness, but kept up with it. “You’re wrong, Ginny. There is still one more thing I have to say.” Ginny frowned at Harry’s stubbornness. “Harry, now isn’t a good time. I’m happy and I don’t want you to ruin a perfectly good night with-” “I’m sorry, Gin.” Gin stopped in mid-sentence. “What?” she asked quietly. Harry took a deep breath as he ran his hand through his hair. “I said I’m sorry. I regret more than anything that I hurt you in the first place, because if I didn’t do that then everything would be different now. We would still be together and Malfoy wouldn’t even be in the picture.” “Harry, if this is your version of an apology-” “I’m not finished,” Harry interrupted. “Everything would be the better for *me* if I wasn’t such a prick. But maybe everything happened for a reason,” he said, quiet now. “Maybe I didn’t deserve you at all.” Ginny stared at Harry in silence at his words, surprised at what he was saying. Harry hesitantly took her hand and held it in his own as he stared at it. “I care about you a lot, Ginny, but I guess not enough for all of this to happen in the first place. But I do know that after what I put you through, you deserve to be happy and with someone who will give you that.” Harry paused for a second to look at Ginny’s face. “Even if that person is Malfoy.” Ginny’s mouth dropped at his words. She must have been dreaming. “Harry, but I thought you hate Draco.” “I do,” he answered sharply. “Believe me, Gin; I hate him more than anything now. I would loose every Quidditch game to that slimy git just to have you back.” “Then why are you suddenly okay with him and I being together?” she asked. “I’m not, and I don’t think I ever will be. I-I don’t like seeing you with any guy but me, but if that’s what it takes for you to be happy then so be it,” he finished as he dropped her hand. Ginny stood there silently, not sure on what to say. She wasn’t going to give him a hug and forgive him for everything, or do anything where they would be best buddies again. It would take a lot of time and patience to be okay with Harry after all of this. She bit her lip when she saw him walking away from her in slight disappointment at her silence. He just reached the bottom of the boy’s stairs when she called out to him, making him pause. “I don’t hate you, Harry,” she said suddenly. Harry’s eyebrow raised in confusion at her random statement. “It’s going to take some time to accept your apology and have everything be okay,” she said slowly, “but just remember that I don’t hate you. I wouldn’t be able to turn my back on someone who just wants me to be happy, even if it is a bit delayed.” Harry let out a small smile at her comment. When nothing else was said, she turned to the girl’s stairs. She was half way there when Harry said suddenly, “Malfoy’s a really lucky guy.” She paused to stare at Harry’s honest face with a hint of sadness. She remembered that face her second year when he lost for the first time in Quidditch. He always wore that face when he lost something important to him. “Good night, Ginny.” Ginny couldn’t help but let out a small, comforting smile. “Good night, Harry,” she said as she ascended the stairs. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* “So how was detention last night?” Ginny gave Riley a small smile as they walked to breakfast together. “It was great,” she said as she hugged her books to her chest. Riley looked at Ginny like she had three heads. “Detention was *great*? Okay, what happened that you didn’t tell me about?” Ginny giggled. “What makes you think anything happened?” “Hmm, let’s see now,” Riley said as they reached the main stairs. “I’m going to go with the general knowledge that no student enjoys detention.” Ginny bit her lip to stop herself from smiling at her friend’s sarcasm. “Nothing happened,” she said as butterflies filled her stomach at the thought of last night. Riley was silent for a moment until they reached the bottom of the stairs. She nudged Ginny in the side and said while looking straight ahead, “So nothing happened, hu?” Ginny looked up to see Pansy standing right outside the Great Hall doors, staring at her. Ginny gulped and forced herself to not pause in fright. She was a Gryffindor after all, and she certainly was not going to back down to Pansy. Even she couldn’t ruin her good mood. “I need to have a word with you, Weasley,” Pansy said with great dislike, when the two girls neared her. Riley glared at Pansy before staring at Ginny with worry. “Do you want me to stay with you?” Never taking her eyes off Pansy, Ginny shook her head. “No, Riley, I’ll be fine. Just save me a spot next to you, okay?” Riley hesitated at Ginny’s words, but nodded slowly. Once she left, Ginny said, “What do you want, Parkinson?” Pansy smiled coolly at her. “Aren’t you afraid of me, Weasley?” “Isn’t it you who should be afraid of me?” Ginny asked with a smirk. “I could attack you all I wanted and you wouldn’t be able to lift your wand at me without getting throw out of school.” Ginny watched as Pansy’s face lightened a bit, which wasn’t saying much since she still looked angry. “I have no idea what Draco sees in you,” she said, slowly shaking her head. At the mention of Draco’s name, Ginny turned to look for him in the Great Hall. “He’s not in there,” Pansy said as she examined a nail. “That’s what I had to tell you. He asked me to inform you that he’ll be a bit late for breakfast and to not wait for him.” Ginny frowned at Pansy’s message. “Is everything okay?” “Don’t worry, lover boy is fine,” Pansy said with a note of disgust. She turned to go back to her table but added, “And don’t you dare think that just because we’re talking civilly means we’re cool or something notorious like that. You ever hurt Draco again, and I will make sure you pay for it.” Ginny rolled her eyes as soon as Pansy turned her back on her. She too joined her house table and took a seat between Riley and Vanessa while glancing up at Harry, Hermione, and Ron who were sitting several seats down from her. She watched Ron sneak a glance at the Slytherin table, looking quite smug that Draco was missing and whispered something to Hermione. Hermione scowled at him and rolled her eyes to Ginny who caught her eye. Ginny gave her a small smile before she looked at Harry who seemed to not be in a good mood. He was staring gloomily at his breakfast that he was pushing around with his fork. He looked up at Ginny when she was just about to look away, and after they seemed to stare at each forever, Ginny gave him a tiny smile, which he returned before looking away. They were in the middle of breakfast when the mail owls arrived for the day, disrupting the meal. Unlike her friends around her, Ginny continued to eat breakfast between occasional glances at the Slytherin table, wondering where Draco was. Lavender’s loud, girly gasp caught Ginny’s attention. “Oh my gosh, look at that pretty dove!” Ginny’s head looked up to see a pure white dove flying towards the Gryffindor table with a single red rose in its beak. A memory hit her of when Draco gave her a single red rose the first day of their plan, and she altogether stopped breathing when the dove dropped it on her plate before flying off. She delicately picked up the rose as her friends swarmed around her. Blushing madly, she was going to excuse herself and look for Draco when the murmurs in the Great Hall grew louder. Looking up, Ginny dropped her rose back onto her plate, gasping as she watched dove after dove continue to fly into the Great Hall, each dropping a single red rose onto her plate. All eyes were on her now, and after the eleventh dove dropped the eleventh rose, came one last dove that carried a letter. Ginny quickly opened it up, forcing herself to ignore Lavender’s complaints of no one ever sending her flowers. *Look at the entrance.* Ginny caught her breath as she immediately stood up to see over her swarm of friends and looked at the entrance, all eyes now doing the same. Murmurs increased at the sight of seeing Draco Malfoy standing coolly in the entrance holding a single red rose. Surprised that her knees weren’t too weak from the feeling that was going through her, Ginny walked over to Draco, aware that every single person was watching her. She felt her cheeks redden, and kept her eyes on Draco’s face as she neared him, which stayed extremely relaxed. When she reached him, he handed her the twelfth rose. Speechless, she took it gently. She gave him a sweet smile as she smelled the sweetness of it. “What was all that for?” she asked quietly. Draco gave a small shrug of his shoulders. “No reason in particular,” he said as he ran his fingers through her hair, “except the fact that the last time I gave you a flower it was only one. No girlfriend of mine is going to receive *just* one flower.” Ginny’s heart swelled. “So I’m your girlfriend now, hu?” she asked jokingly as she leaned closer to him. Draco gave her a small nod as he wrapped his arms around her. “Yes, and there’s more where that came from. That’s the price you have to pay for falling in love with a Malfoy-being spoiled in extravagant ways.” “Sounds tough, but I think I’ll manage,” Ginny whispered before putting her arms around his neck and pulling him into a tight, endearing kiss. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* There is your happy ending you have all been waiting for, full of fluff and just all together goodness. But I’m sure a few questions are running through your heads right now: 1) What’s going to happen to Harry now? 2) Uh, wasn’t there supposed to be shagging in this story? 3) Why the hell didn’t you kill off that stupid scar head? 4) Where the bloody hell is the shagging?!?! Never fear, my dear reviewers, for an Epilogue is shortly on its way. I think I tied up most of the ends and fixed enough relationships where the Epilogue is going to be pretty drama free. The main purpose of it is to look more into Draco and Ginny’s new relationship. I mean, it took 19 chapters for them to finally be together without anyone in the way, so of course I’m going to dedicate the last chapter to some good old D/G action! And sorry, but I chose not to kill Harry off, despite how many people wanted me to. It would have been too messy to deal with. And the shagging? Be patient, my dears, for it will be worth it…. Thanks to everyone again for reviewing. I can’t believe this story only has one chapter left *cries* Hopefully I’ll get the Epilogue as quick as I got this chapter up, so it will be over soon. *cries more* But I’m already coming up with ideas of a super D/G fanfic that’s going to be darker and more serious, but damn good. Let’s see…in case I haven’t mentioned it before Vanessa, Mary Elizabeth, Christy, and Angela (who was briefly mentioned in this chapter as a Ravenclaw Prefect) are all friends of mine and are faithful fans, hence why I gave them all a role. Also, I’m sure most of this chapter was predictable, but oh well, it happens. Please review and thanks!! Liz21 20. Epilogue ------------ Disclaimer: It took me nearly the whole story to realize that I will never own Draco Malfoy, so I can say with no hard feelings that everything belongs to JK Rowling. *cries for Draco* Summary: Ginny's heart is broken by the one man she's ever loved. She wants revenge, and who better to help her than Draco Malfoy? Takes place in Draco's 7th year, Ginny's 6th **Everyone reading this from fanfiction.net**: My bloody account was deactivated with no warning (apparently someone complained about one of my stories being too detailed *glares at person*). I lost all of my reviews, all of my stories (thankfully I had them saved on my computer) and all of that bollocks that comes with it. So, I’m only posting the epilogue so everyone has a chance to see how it ends. If anyone is interested in reading the previous chapters, they are at portkey.org under Liz21. If anyone wants to join a mailing list for future D/G fics (which I plan being a million times better than this one) email me at Dracoslover21@yahoo.com . Otherwise, check portkey.org in a month or two for some new fics because I’m done with ff.net. Apologies for taking forever to write the epilogue. I was a bit put out with my account being deleted, and then two jobs filled up most of my time. But here, finally, is the ending of my first official fanfic. This chapter has no plot line whatsoever besides just some good D/G moments. I repeat, there is **no** plot line in this chapter. *A BIG, FAT WARNING. SEX IS OBVIOUSLY GOING TO TAKE PLACE IN THIS CHAPTER. IT’S IN THE VERY LAST SCENE, SO IF YOU DON’T WANT TO READ IT, YOU’RE SAFE UP TO THAT POINT. * ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Epilogue Chapter 20 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny peered over her novel at Riley who was busily packing her trunk. “I can’t believe you’re not staying at school for Christmas this year,” Ginny said with a huge frown that made Riley laugh. “Oh, please,” Riley said as she rolled her eyes. “You’ll be too busy with Malfoy to even notice that I’m gone.” Ginny’s face grew red at the mere intuition of being ‘occupied’ with Draco. “I have no idea what you’re talking about,” she said distractedly as she hid her face with her book. “Oh really?” Riley said as she walked to Ginny’s bed and grabbed her book out of her hands. “Please tell me, Ginny, how many times have I walked in on you and Malfoy snogging?” Ginny’s cheeks colored with a deep red. “Probably more than you should have.” “And how many detentions have you been given for being too frisky in public?” “…six…” “And, as entertaining as it always is, how many times has someone nearly stunned Ron to stop him from killing your boyfriend?” Ginny paused. “Is that a trick question, because Ron has been trying to kill Draco since day one…” “The point is,” Riley interrupted quickly, “is that you know very well what you will be doing *all* Christmas holiday.” Ginny sat quietly from a moment while she watched Riley go back to packing. “I guess we are a bit passionate.” “Are you kidding me? I’m surprised that I haven’t walked in on you two shagging yet!” At the mention of shagging, Ginny immediately looked away from Riley. “Yeah,” she murmured, “shagging.” Even without looking, she knew Riley stopped her packing. “You two are shagging, right?” Riley asked slowly. Not knowing why she was embarrassed, Ginny bit her bottom lip and shook her head no. “Oh,” Riley said in surprise. “Well, there’s nothing wrong with that. I just assumed-” “I know what you assumed,” Ginny said as she played with a strand of hair. “It’s what everyone assumes when you go out with the ‘Slytherin Sex God’. That’s probably why Ron has made the annoying habit of checking in on me every night before he goes to bed.” Riley rolled her eyes at the mention of Ron. “Your brother can be such a prat at times,” she said as she moved to sit on Ginny’s bed. “He really shouldn’t talk-you can’t believe how many times I’m walked in on him shagging.” Ginny’s eyes nearly bugged out in disgust. “I can’t believe you just told me that, Riley,” Ginny said as she slowly shook her head. “That’s enough to make me never want to shag. Oh Merlin, now every time I picture sex I’m going to have some twisted, mental image of Ron and-” “Wait, so you do want to shag?” Riley pointed out quickly. “Of course I do. What teenager doesn’t want to?” Riley looked at her in confusion. “Then what’s stopping you?” Ginny shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know. A mix of things I guess.” Riley stared at her, waiting for her to explain. When Ginny didn’t she asked, “This doesn’t have to do with Harry, does it?” “Yes and no,” she answered after a moment of deep thought. “For my part, it’s a no. Yeah, it’s sometimes awkward to be with Draco while Harry and I are reforming our friendship, but the time when Harry affected my decisions has long passed.” “And the yes part?” “The yes part…well…I think Draco is holding off on sex because of Harry,” she said slowly. “I know, it sounds weird, Draco being who he is and all, but I think Draco has this idea that since Harry hurt me at one point that almost involved sex, he’s afraid that if he pushes me to have sex I’ll be afraid.” Riley burrowed her eyebrows in confusion. “But he wouldn’t be pushing you-you want to have sex.” “Well, I know that…but Draco doesn’t.” Riley looked at her in disbelief. “You mean to tell me that Malfoy has no idea that you are actually ready for sex?” Ginny bit her lip in response to a yes. Riley stared at Ginny quietly before saying with a blank expression, “I can honestly say that I take pity on Malfoy. To think, the Slytherin Sex God thinks he’s holding off for his girlfriend who actually just wants him to shag her anyways.” Ginny tried to glare at her friend, but let out a small smile. “I should probably say something to him, shouldn’t I?” “Why say something when you could *show* him?” Ginny gaped at Riley. “Just what are you saying?” she asked, knowing exactly what was on her best friend’s mind. “Just think of it as your Christmas present to him,” Riley said with a sly grin as she hopped off of Ginny’s bed. Ginny frowned at her. “But Christmas isn’t for another few days-” “-which gives you *plenty* of time to think of the best way to present your gift.” Ginny silently watched her friend close her trunk and prepare to leave for the train in an hour. “I can’t believe you talked me into this,” she said as Riley put on her Gryffindor scarf. “Hey, I’m just a friend who is trying to help another friend get laid.” Ginny let out a laugh. “If only Ron knew that his own house mate was supportive of Draco and I shagging.” “He really should understand. I mean, he of all people should favor it the most from the number of times I’ve seen-” Ginny quickly threw her pillow at Riley’s face, making her stop talking just in time. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny sighed in content as she sat in front of the fire with Ron and Hermione. Riley, along with everyone else going home for Christmas, left for the morning train an hour ago, leaving the common room peaceful. “What are your plans for the holiday, Ginny?” Hermione asked as she stared at the fire with a bored expression. Ron hid all of her books from her, forbidding her to do homework on the first day of break. Ginny shrugged. “Nothing really- just spending time with Draco as usual.” Ron immediately dropped the chocolate frog he was about to eat. “Malfoy didn’t go home?!” “Nope,” Ginny said simply. Ron’s face immediately twisted in complaint. “But that ferret always goes home for Christmas holiday! It was always the best part of Christmas, besides the presents of course.” Ginny scowled at him. “Sorry to burst your bubble, Ron, but Draco decided he would be happier here with me than at home.” Ron’s frustrated pout stayed in place. “Not if I can help it,” he mumbled angrily. Ginny glared at him, catching every word he said. “If you even *think* of ruining my holiday by harassing Draco, I will get you back the lowest way I know how.” “And what’s that?” Ron pushed. Ginny smirked evilly. “For some reason, *spiders* are coming into mind…” Ron’s face immediately paled. “You wouldn’t.” “Oh? And what’s stopping me?” Ginny challenged. She glanced over at Hermione. “I’m sure Hermione can teach me some Multiplying Charm. Imagine how I can make one spider in your room turn into hundreds of-” “Okay! I’ll behave!” Ron said quickly. “Just no spiders, please.” Hermione couldn’t help but chuckle. “You are so pathetic sometimes, Ron.” “What did he do now?” Harry asked as he entered the common room and plopped down on the couch next to Ginny. Ginny’s immediate reaction was stiffening at his closeness, but she immediately calmed down. Since Harry apologized to Ginny about a month ago, they’ve slowly rebuilt their friendship, and it was going along smoother than she thought it would. Often she would catch him staring at her or giving looks at Draco, but realized that anyone with the past they had couldn’t just start a new. They would always have their bad memories together, but with the bad are good, and with those are the hopes for better ones. “Spiders,” Hermione answered as she rolled her eyes. Harry shook his head at Ron. “Honestly, Ron. We’ve been through a forest with spiders as big as carriages. When are you going to get over your fear?” Feeling extremely out numbered and frustrated, Ron quickly changed the subject. “Anyone for a snowball fight? There aren’t enough firsties here to get in the way.” “I am,” Ginny said. After Harry nodded his agreement, Ginny said, “You coming, Hermione?” “Oh, I don’t know,” Hermione said hesitantly. “Snow fights aren’t really my thing…” Ron frowned. “But you have to join in, ‘Mione. Otherwise it’s an odd number and Ginny and I will just gang up on Harry again.” Harry shuddered in remembrance of last year’s snowball fight when the two Weasleys whipped his butt in a minute flat. “Oh yes, who could forget about that,” he said sarcastically. Ron shrugged his shoulders. “Sorry, mate. You know Gin and I are unbeatable when we’re paired up together. You try growing up with Fred and George in the winter time and then we’ll talk about surviving snowballs.” The two boys immediately turned on Hermione with puppy dog eyes. Hermione sighed guiltily. “I’m sorry, but playing in the snow is the last thing I want to do. What if I catch a cold and am too sick to study for NEWT’s?” “I don’t think the Black Plague would stop you from studying,” Ron grumbled. Harry frowned in thought. “We need a fourth player then. There is no way I’m doing two against one again.” Ginny’s face suddenly lit up. “I’m sure I can get Draco to play with us,” she said, already standing up to leave the common room. “No, no, no!” Ron yelled as he too stood up to stop his sister. “There is no way Malfoy can join us!” Ginny scowled at him. “You have no say if Draco can join us or not.” “He wouldn’t want to anyways,” Ron said quickly. “He’s probably busy planning with all the other Slytherins on how to take over Hogwarts.” Ginny rolled her eyes. “For your information, he’s the only one in his year who stayed for Christmas.” “Hmm, I guess living an extra few weeks with Malfoy wasn’t tempting enough to stay.” Ginny’s face turned an angry red, but she forced herself to slowly count to ten. “I’m going to go get changed, and then I will go fetch Draco,” she said with a strained calmness through clenched teeth. Without waiting for a reply, she walked upstairs to fetch her winter wear. When she came back down only two minutes later, she wasn’t surprised to see Ron still pouting in the common room. “We’ll meet you and Harry outside in fifteen minutes,” she said as she walked by them to the door. Ron glared daggers at her. “You can’t make me do this.” Ginny stopped at him. “I will resort to spiders if I have to, Ron.” Ron immediately paled at Ginny’s threat. “Look,” Ginny said with a gentler voice. “All I’m asking is that you please do this for me. It’s tough enough trying to date someone my brother hates, so I would really appreciate it if you at least do this for me. Just spend some time with him-you may actually like it.” Ron stared at her for a minute, but his face generally softened. “Fine,” he said stubbornly, “but I’m not going to like it.” “Yes, you will,” Ginny said in a motherly tone as she opened up the door to the hallway. “You will like it and so will Draco, and-” she paused as she looked at Harry. Not trying to single him out, she added, “And you will too, Harry.” “It doesn’t look like I have much of a choice,” Harry responded as he and Ron trotted up to their room. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* “There is no way in hell I’m having a snowball fight with Weasley and Potter!” Ginny groaned in frustration. “You have to, Draco. I already convinced Harry and Ron too. If you back down, you’re going to let them think that they won some stupid house war.” Draco scowled at Ginny’s point. “If I knew that you would be pestering me in my own room about snowball fights with Gryffindors, I never would have given you the common room password.” “So is that a yes?” Ginny said brightly as she watched Draco stand next to his bed in doubt. Draco gave a harsh laugh. “If you think you can convince me that easily, you’re mistaken.” Ginny gave him a frown, but suddenly placed it with a wicked grin. Draco’s eyebrows rose at Ginny’s expression. “W-what are you doing?” Draco said, his breath caught as Ginny quickly filled the gap in-between them. Without a work spoken, Ginny pushed Draco down onto his bed and climbed up on him. She ignored the shocked look on Draco’s face of her being aggressive, and slammed her lips down on his. Draco’s hands immediately went to Ginny’s sides to pull her closer to him as she kissed him heavily, her hands on either side of his head to hold herself up. As fast as she was kissing him, she managed to trail a line of kisses down Draco’s neck, nipping each area before moving onto the next, before Draco could react at all. He let out a low moan of approval when she nibbled on his ear while blowing hot air into it. She stopped so suddenly that Draco’s body ached for her. Not getting up, she whispered hotly into his ear, “There’s plenty more where that came from if you come with.” Draco’s lustful eyes widened at Ginny’s suggestion. Before he could voice his decision, she placed a lingering kiss on his lips, biting his bottom one before looking down on him. “Is that convincing enough?” she asked innocently. Not able to find his voice, Draco nodded yes. But before he could kiss her again, she excitedly jumped off him and started to gather his winter coat and gloves. Ginny looked up at him with a wicked smile, ignoring that he was now glaring at her. “Hurry up and put your things on. They’re meeting us outside.” Draco glared at her for another moment, and when it was clear that she not only won but was not coming back to join him on his bed, he started to stand up. He quickly sat back down, gave a glance at his bulging crotch, and muttered something about needing a minute to cool down. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* “I can’t believe I’m doing this,” Draco muttered when he and Ginny stepped outside. The beaming sunlight reflected off of the clean white snow that filled the school grounds. Despite how beautiful it was for a day in December, Draco refused to be happy. Ginny flashed him a smile as she gathered her hair into a tight ponytail before putting on her knitted gloves. “It will be fun, I promise.” Draco frowned at Ginny as he wrapped his Slytherin scarf around his neck. “I really don’t see how it’s going to be fun, Gin. Your brother and I don’t really like to hang out with each other-we prefer beating each other up, actually.” Ginny swatted him playfully. “You’re not even trying,” she said as they walked up to Ron and Harry. She made them stop briefly and turned to look into his face. “Will you at least try for me?” Draco let out a sigh as he looked into Ginny’s brown eyes. After much reluctant, he said, “Of course you know I’ll do anything for you.” Ginny gave him a sweet smile as she grabbed his hand and dragged him along with her. “You really should be more excited, you do get to hit Ron with snowballs.” Draco’s face brightened at the idea. “You’re right-throwing objects at Potter and Weasley without getting in trouble. This is a good idea.” “Hey, we heard that,” Ron snapped when Ginny and Draco finally reached them. “And it’s only the Weasleys you’ll be throwing snowballs at, Malfoy.” Draco’s face drew into a big frown as he glanced at Harry, suddenly realizing why he looked so miserable. He quickly turned on Ginny. “You said nothing about me being on a team with Potter!” Ginny gave him an apologetic smile. “That’s because you wouldn’t have agreed. Ron and I are always on a team together, so this is just how it worked out. Sorry.” Draco stared in shock as he watched his girlfriend and her brother pair up and walk a few feet away, talking quietly to each other. He continued to stand there silently next to Harry, neither of them looking or speaking to one another. Finally, when it looked like Ron and Ginny were done planning against them, Harry forced out, “I should probably give you a fair warning since you’re my…teammate.” Draco opened his mouth to tell Harry off, but Ginny gave him a random warm smile, reminding him that he promised to try for her. Shaking his head slowly, he convinced himself that it would all be worth it later. “And what’s that, Potter?” If Harry was taken aback that Draco was cooperating, he wasn’t showing it. “If we want to survive, we have to work together.” Draco looked at him like it was mad. “What do you mean by survive? And there’s no way we’re going to work together. The most I’ll do to set you aside as my teammate is not throwing any snowballs at your face…if I can help it.” Harry shrugged his shoulders as he got into position like Ron and Ginny were. “It’s your funeral,” he said. Draco managed to scowl at Harry, although he was feeling a bit worried now. “I think I can manage,” he snapped as he watched everyone pick up their first snowball, signaling that they were about to begin. “That’s what I thought also last year,” Harry said as he glanced at Draco, “but that was before I ended up in the hospital wing.” Draco stared at Harry in horror for a second too long. He didn’t react fast enough to Ginny’s yell of “Start” and got a snowball right in the face. Wiping off what he could to see, he looked up to see Ginny smiling innocently at him. He looked at Harry who managed to steal a few words while fighting with Ron. “Watch out for her,” he said as his snowball hit Ron’s shoulder. “She has good aim.” Draco looked back at Ginny, who was already forming another snowball. He gave a smirk as he bent down to scoop up the snow into his hand, this time charging Ginny, making her squeal and drop back behind her brother, who quickly nailed Draco in the face once more. “I tried to warn you,” Harry said, looking a bit too satisfied that his own teammate was being shown no mercy. “Oh, shove it, Potter,” Draco said as he mercifully chucked his snowball at Ron, hitting him right in the groin. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* “Well,” Harry said as they all entered into the school with red cheeks and wet clothes, “at least I didn’t end up in the hospital wing this time.” “Yeah, and sorry about the last snowball,” Ron said as he took off his scarf. “If I knew it was half ice I would have thrown it at Malfoy instead of you.” “Aw, you’re too kind, Weasley,” Draco snarled as he and Ginny followed behind the two boys. Ginny gave him a playful smack on the chest. “You should be grateful that he didn’t realize it,” she said quietly. “I’m actually impressed that you lasted as long as you did. Last year Harry somehow ended up with a mild concussion.” “Yeah, but we already know that I’m better than Potter,” he said with a smirk. “I heard that, Malfoy,” Harry said without turning around. “I’m beat,” Ginny said quickly before there could be any fighting, “how about we go sit in front of the fire until lunch?” “Sounds like a plan to me,” Ron said as he and Harry headed towards the stairs. “Maybe I can bug Hermione to let some of the house-elves bring us hot cocoa.” Ginny went to follow Ron and Harry but stopped when Draco started to head towards the dungeons. “Where are you going?” Draco looked at her like she was stupid. “To my common room, where else?” Ginny shook her head as she went over to him and grabbed his hand. “No, you’re coming to have hot cocoa with us. That *we* included you also.” Draco sighed, too worn out to argue with Ginny. “Don’t you think that’s pushing it?” Ginny stubbornly shook her head. “I see no problem with wanting my boyfriend to spend time with me.” “But in the presence of your brother while in the Gryffindor common room?” Ginny shrugged. “You’ve been in my common room before.” “Yeah, but that was in the middle of the night when I knew your brother was fast asleep. Plus, I was only in there for a second before your friend walked in on us.” Ginny gave a small pout as she put her warm hand up against Draco’s cold cheek. “I know I’m asking a lot of you,” she said sincerely. “I don’t expect you to become best friends with Ron or any other Gryffindor for me, but I love you and want to spend time with you no matter who we’re around.” “I know,” Draco said as he pushed back a strand of loose hair behind Ginny’s ear. “I love you too, but your brother is just so unbearable.” Ginny gave a big smile as she entwined their fingers and led them to the direction of her common room. “Just mention spiders and he’ll back off.” “Spiders, hu?” Draco questioned as they caught up with Harry and Ron, who did not look pleased to see that Draco was joining them. “Pathetic.” ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* “Wake up, Ginny! It’s Christmas morning!” Ginny opened her eyes groggily. “Ron, what are you doing in here?” she mumbled as she pulled her pillow over her head. “Shouldn’t you be in your own room tearing apart your presents?” “Not this year,” he said as he pulled the pillow away from his sister’s head. “The common room is deserted so Hermione wants all of us to open them up together.” After making sure that Ginny wasn’t going to fall back asleep, he tossed her dressing gown onto her bed and told her to bring her presents downstairs. A few minutes later Ginny successfully entered the common room without falling over from her number of presents. She noticed her pile was a bit larger this year, which she didn’t mind at all. Once she was settled in next to Hermione, the four teenagers tore apart their presents. The floor nearly covered with wrapping paper, Ginny was nearly done with her presents, most of them being from her family, Hermione and Harry. All that she had left were two gifts: one that had Riley’s handwriting on it, and the second one had dark green wrapping paper. Curious over what the mysterious green package held, Ginny chose that one and opened it up quickly to find a red rose and a letter. She lifted the rose to her face with a smile, knowing exactly who the sender was. Placing the rose gently aside, she opened up the letter which said: *Ginny,* *I want to be around to watch your face when you open up my present, so what do you say to after dinner we go to my room?* *Happy Christmas.* *Love,* *Draco* Ginny let out a warm smile as she placed Draco’s letter next to the rose, wondering what his present was. With her smile intact, Ginny went to open up Riley’s present, letting out a huge gasp when she did. “What is it?” Ron asked as everyone else looked up at her. Embarrassment quickly flooded Ginny’s face. “It’s nothing,” she said as she made sure no one could see what was inside the box. Everyone shrugged their shoulders as they went back to their remaining gifts, and after making sure that no one was looking, Ginny slowly opened the box up again. Noticing a letter inside, she opened it up, hoping for an explanation. *Ginny,* *If I know you at all, I’m sure your face is red from seeing what I bought for you. It was a last minute gift I just had to buy after our last conversation. If you ask me, it should really spice up your present to Malfoy.* *Happy Christmas,* *Riley* Ginny eyed the green lingerie inside the box, while taking into thought of what she was going to do tonight. Her stomach filling with butterflies, she put her gift to the side, telling herself she would take a closer look at it later. She instead focused on Ron who was the last one to have a present left, and only when he took it into his grasp did Ginny notice the similar dark green wrapping paper. “What the-” Ginny started to say, but was interrupted by Ron’s sudden scream before he bolted away from his gifts. Everyone jumped up in alarm and Harry ran over to Ron’s pile and picked up the half wrapped gift, only to reveal a small carrier with a tarantula in it. Torn between laughing and making sure Ron was okay, Ginny just watched Hermione take the carrier out of Harry’s hand and read the label on it aloud. “The magical form of the tarantulas is trained to acknowledge ownership at first sight,” Hermione said as she turned to face Ron. “What does that mean?” Ron asked in a squeaky voice, refusing to take a step closer. Hermione held back a smile. “It’s kind of like ducklings. The first thing they see once they get out of their eggs they think to be its mother, and…well…end up following it around everywhere.” “It-it thinks I’m its mother?” Ron squeaked, his face growing incredibly pale. Glancing at each other and not able to hold it in any longer, Ginny and Harry let out a roll of laughter at the situation. “Do-do you know who sent it to you?” Harry asked in-between laughs. Ron shook his head. “There was no name. I bet you it was Fred and George! Damn them!” Feeling like she was going to burst with knowing who the real sender was, Ginny quickly gathered her presents, telling everyone she was going to go take a shower before breakfast. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Draco frowned upon reaching the Great Hall for Christmas dinner. Right away he spotted the trio amongst the very few students who stayed for the holiday, but Ginny was no where in sight. He let out a small groan when he realized that there were only two spots left at the one table where everyone was seated: next to Hermione or a very shifty first year Hufflepuff who looked ready to soil himself. Not wanting to risk getting peed on, Draco sat down next to Hermione, but made a point of not looking happy to do so. The moment the meal began, Hermione kept on trying to catch his eye. He ignored her and silently wished for Ginny to get her butt to the Great Hall and to save him. When he was half way through with his turkey, he became slightly nervous at her absence, and was even going to the impossible by talking to Hermione just to see where his girlfriend was, but she beat him to it. “I have a message from Ginny,” Hermione said under her breath. Draco raised an eyebrow at her secretiveness and glanced at Ron and Harry who were too deep in conversation to know what was going on. “Is she okay?” he asked, not bothering to keep his voice down. Hermione nodded while cutting a piece of her steak. “She wanted me to tell you to go to your room after dinner. She was too...preoccupied with other things to come to dinner, but she’ll be in your room as you asked.” Not being able to help it, Draco stared at Hermione in flat out confusion. Never has he known the Miss-Know-It-All to be so completely daft. “What are you hiding?” he asked with suspicious eyes. “Nothing,” she said a bit too quickly. “Right,” Draco said with sarcasm, “and that’s why you’re being all hush-hush around Weasley and Potter. Or are you just not allowed to talk to me?” Hermione finally made eye contact at him and glared. “I can speak to whomever I wish,” she snapped, “but Ginny did have to plead with me to even do this in the first place, and to not let her brother find out. You can also drop the sarcasm and talk to me like a normal person since I am doing you a favor by not letting Ron find out that his baby sister is in the Slytherin common room.” Draco opened his mouth to call her a Mudblood, but bite his tongue. She was doing him a favor, even if he wasn’t going to admit it. He simply gave her a nod and got up from his seat and headed towards his common room. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ginny tried to ignore her jittery stomach as she shivered. Draco’s cold dungeon room didn’t mix well with her close to nothing outfit. She willed herself to stare into a wall length mirror, ordering herself not to turn red in embarrassment. The lingerie that Riley sent her clung to her body so tightly, it left little to the imagination. Tiny green boy shorts with a black lacy trim just covered her butt cheeks, but were extremely low on her pelvic bone whereas high on her thighs. The top reminded her of a corset, but an extremely sexy and tiny one. Its green material squeezed her breasts together, nearly making her cleavage pop out. It ended two inches above her belly button, leaving her toned stomach showing. Ginny fingered the black lace that criss-crossed up her chest, leaving a bow right underneath her cleavage. Ginny wondered if Riley picked green since Draco was a Slytherin, or for the fact that it looked absolutely smashing on her. She looked like a completely different person in such a sexy outfit, and with her hair down with curls at the end and makeup on, she barely recognized herself. Even before she received her gift from Riley, she put thought into how she was going to propose tonight with Draco, and this wasn’t her idea of it. But after showing a bit of aggression with Draco to get him to do the snowball fight, she couldn’t ignore the fire she lit up in his eyes. She knew that she could be wearing a simple night gown and Draco would still love her, but she wanted to make this just as special for Draco as it would be for her. This was almost a way of thanking him for putting up with her months ago. Ginny just sat on Draco’s bed when she heard footsteps approaching his door. Taking a calming breath, she whispered “*Nox*” and the room went black, just as she wished. The door swung open, letting in a bit of light, but not enough to reach the bed where she was now sitting seductively. She leaned back on her two elbows, one leg was up on the bed and the other was dangling from the side. “Ginny?” Draco called out before he closed the door. “Are you in here?” His voice called out “*Lumos*” and the second the lights went on, Draco dropped his wand in shock at the sight. Draco couldn’t move, couldn’t speak. He just stared with an open mouth at Ginny who was casually swinging her leg from side to side, making the tiny underwear riding up on her… “Happy Christmas,” Ginny purred. A hint of nervousness was caught in her voice. Just the sight was making him throb. “Gin-Ginny?” Ginny smiled at his voice. Her nerves calmed a bit at the look he was giving her, and the fact that she made Draco Malfoy speechless was saying something. Taking pity on his state of shock, she hoisted herself off his bed and walked over to him, making sure to swing her hips just right. As she approached him, she remembered briefly over her conversation she had with Hermione before she skipped dinner. It was terribly embarrassing telling Hermione what she planned tonight so she could keep Ron away, but she also couldn’t help but ask for a few tips. One thing Hermione said stuck out in her mind: Guys are extremely sensitive in the right area; the simplest gestures could feel like heaven to them. So when she was standing a few inches away from Draco, she innocently ran her hand over his already bulging crotch. Draco let out a surprised hiss of pleasure at Ginny’s touch, but it was immediately muffled by her lips. She didn’t kiss him roughly like she did a few days ago, but it was full of passion. Although hazed by the pleasure he was feeling, Ginny’s touch brought him back to reality, and now that he could move he took charge. Draco suddenly wrapped his arms around her butt and picked her up, never letting go of her lips. As if it was an instant reaction, her legs immediately wrapped around his back and her arms around his neck. Their kiss grew hungry as their tongues rapidly filled each other’s mouths, either of them only taking breaks when Draco would place love bites along Ginny’s neck. As he returned back to her lips, Draco walked them blindly over to his bed, only knowing he reached it when they both tumbled onto it. Once they were both on the center of the bed, Ginny let go of Draco and impatiently tugged his gray sweater off. As soon as it was over his head, Draco threw it aside, already half-way out of his pants. His pants now lying on the floor next to his discarded shoes and socks, Draco crouched above Ginny in only black silk boxers. “Are-are you sure about this?” Draco panted in-between kissing Ginny roughly. Ginny nodded quickly. “Yes!” she said exuberantly as Draco nibbled her ear, making her arch her back into him. “Good, because I don’t think I’d be able to stop,” he said as his hands tugged on the end of Ginny’s top before pulling it over her head. He paused to have a quick look at her chest before hungrily kissing a trail down to it and sucking her nipple. Ginny let out a gasp at the feeling of his hot mouth on her, and couldn’t help but bury her hand into his hair. After he paid attention to her chest, Draco trailed kisses down to her underwear line. Stopping, he hooked his thumbs under the green material and smoothly pulled it down her slender, smooth legs and tossed it onto the floor. Even in the heat of the moment, Ginny couldn’t help but feel a bit embarrassed as Draco took her naked self into sight. “Merlin, you’re so beautiful,” Draco breathed before he went back to where he left off with his kisses, and continued to trail it to her inner thighs. Ginny’s body immediately tensed with Draco’s head in-between her legs, but before she could get uncomfortable, pleasure immediately flooded her body at his touches. He was kissing her *everywhere*-licking, sucking, nibbling. Ginny let out a huge gasp as her hand grasped the bed sheet, feeling like she had to hold onto something fast. A feeling was building up inside of her much like the time they were in the bath together, but this one was greater. When she felt him slide two fingers into her moist, she bucked up to reach them. His fingers moved faster at the height of her moans, and she was starting to see stars. “I want you *now*, Draco,” she somehow managed to say. Not wasting a second, Draco immediately withdrew himself from Ginny and sat back only to get his boxers off. Ginny got a look of him before he settled himself back over her, his lips kissing hers hungrily. He was bigger than she thought for him to be, and briefly wondered how the hell he was supposed to fit in her. Draco placed his length right above Ginny’s opening, willing himself to take it as slow as possible. “Are you ready, Ginny?” he asked as he placed his forehead on hers, staring down into her eyes. Ginny quickly nodded, and before she could get nervous or ridged, Draco swiftly entered her with one stroke, and broke past her barrier. A gasp of pain startled Draco, and he immediately felt regret at the tense look in Ginny’s face. “Are you okay?” Draco asked anxiously. “Yes,” she said with a strain of discomfort, “just don’t move for a minute.” Saying it and doing it were a completely different matter for Draco. It took every sense of will power to not move inside her warm tightness. It didn’t hurt as much as Ginny always imagined it to be, but the discomfort was still there. She relaxed at the gentle, reassuring kisses Draco was giving her, and moments later she started to move her hips under Draco, signaling she was ready. The discomfort melted away as soon as Draco started moving in and out of her, each time going in deeper than before. Pleasure quickly filled her as he went faster with each pace, and this time they were both letting out gasps of pleasure. Draco grunted out to wrap her legs around him, and as soon as she did her moans grew louder at the new angle. Draco’s movements were going so fast they were almost blinding. Not being able to kiss properly anymore, Ginny took into digging her hands into Draco’s hair, tugging it hard when he hit a certain spot, which added to the pleasure for him. “Oh gods, Ginny,” Draco moaned as he managed to bite her neck. Pleasure filled throughout Ginny’s body-her toes were numb with it. She felt like she was ready to explode, and as if Draco saw this in her eyes, he reached his hand down in-between them and played with her bundle of nerves. His touch immediately sent her over the edge, and she screamed his name as she climaxed. The second Draco felt her walls quiver around him, he thrusted one more time before he too hit climax, moaning out her name as he poured himself into her. As soon as Ginny’s numb legs were off his back, Draco’s sweaty body collapsed onto hers. He nuzzled his face into the side of the neck as the both breathed heavily. Once she was able to breathe properly and move, Ginny idly ran her fingers through Draco’s hair. It took several moments for his body to still from his orgasm and for him to breathe once more, but once he could he rolled to the side of her while bringing her with him in his arms. Now on his back with Ginny resting her head on his chest, Draco possessively wrapped his arms around her. “That was-” “Incredible,” Ginny finished. “My words exactly,” Draco muttered as he played with her tangled hair. They both lay there exhausted in welcomed silence before Ginny rolled over enough to place her chin on Draco’s chest so she could look him in the eye. “I have a confession.” “Oh?” Draco said as he drew a blanket around them. Ginny grinned sheepishly at him. “I’ve wanted to do this since that one day in the Prefect’s bathroom.” Draco paused at her words. “So all this time when I thought I was hesitating for you…” Ginny crawled up to him to kiss him lightly on his lips. “You were being the sweet, caring boyfriend that I love dearly.” Draco just stared at her with a blank expression. “Are you telling me that we could have been shagging a good month ago?” Ginny went to playfully hit him in the chest, but Draco caught her hand with a huge smile. “I’m joking, I’m joking.” “Damn well better be,” Ginny muttered with a grin. Draco smiled at her. “Well, it was the best Christmas present that I have ever received,” he said sincerely. “That wasn’t your Christmas present,” she said as she jumped out of bed with a blanket wrapped around her. Draco watched her as she rummaged through her book bag that she brought along. “This is,” she said as she sat back on the bed with a wrapped gift in her hand. Draco too sat up in his blankets as he took the gift from her hand. As he was unwrapping it, Ginny said hastily, “It’s a bit too early for this-if anything I should give it to you as a graduation gift...” She paused with anxiousness as Draco peered down at it with a confused look. “It’s great, Gin,” he said hesitantly as he held up a tatty, old teddy bear. “What is it?” “It’s a portkey to…to my house,” she said as she played with the blanket, not looking Draco in the face. “The Ministry set it up in our backyard during my fifth year for quicker means to get to Harry since he stayed with us over the summer. It was a precaution in case anything big happened,” she explained quickly. “And I-I want you to have it so you can visit me over summer holiday or whenever you want since you’re leaving Hogwarts soon.” A great warmth filled Draco’s heart to know that Ginny had given some thought into the future for them to, which reminded him of her gift. He looked for his wand, but seeing it near the drop where he dropped it, he grabbed Ginny’s from the bed stand and whispered *“Accio Ginny’s Gift*.” Ginny was so nervous about Draco’s reaction that not only didn’t she hear him Accio her present, but she didn’t see it fly to his hands. Two weeks earlier the thought of their future entered her mind, realizing that it was going to be a bit difficult since she had one more year at Hogwarts. She had to write home to her parents, explaining her and Draco’s relationship (though she had a hunch that Ron already told her parents) promise them that he was the real thing, and then ask if he could have access to a portkey just like her brother’s girlfriends did. Only a few days later did she receive the old stuffed animal portkey with a note from her parents saying that they trusted Ginny’s judgment, but that they still wanted to meet him after graduation. With that settled, now came the truth if he even cared for it. She knew that he loved her and would do anything for her, but how much did guys really think about their future? Doubt filled her stomach when a response didn’t come from him. “Draco?” she asked as she looked up at him, only to gasp. He moved so he was sitting right in front of her, and in his hand he held an open jewelry box. Her heart stopped when she spotted a white gold ring in it with inscriptions on it. “It’s a promise ring,” Draco said as he watched her face. “We’re both too young for marriage-you still have school left ahead of you-but I want to make sure that when we are old enough, we will be together.” Thoughts of her brothers killing Draco for proposing so young left her mind. She smiled warmly at him. “You’ve been thinking of us past school also?” Draco grinned at her. “Of course I have,” he said as he took the ring out of the box. “I don’t plan on giving you up anytime soon, especially after tonight.” Ginny shook her head at the typical Draco comment. “What does it say on it?” Draco peered down at the ring and read, “Weasel and Ferret.” “Draco!” “Sorry. It says: Potter’s an idiot.” “Give me that!” Ginny said with a happy laugh as she took the ring to read herself. “It says,” Ginny said with a silly smile, which faded into a sweet one as she read the words. “It says: *A Promise to Love Forever, D.M. & G.W*.” A faint red tinted Draco’s cheeks in embarrassment. “I might as well be a Hufflepuff it was that mushy.” Ginny leaned over and gave him a huge kiss. “You can’t be, because it’s the Slytherin I want to promise myself to,” she said. Draco let out a breath of relief as he slid it onto her ring finger. “If this is what a proposal is like, it’s absolutely nerve wracking.” Ginny grinned at him as they settled back into bed. “Except this guarantees you less harm from my brothers.” “How many do you have again? Twelve?” “*Six*,” Ginny said as she settled her head in-between Draco’s neck and shoulder. “Although Ron will be equally pissed no matter what.” “Speaking of that nuisance,” Draco said as he played with Ginny’s hair, “isn’t he going to notice you missing from your bed?” Ginny shrugged, sleep starting to take over her. “Bugger him. He better get used to it now because I don’t plan on going back to my own bed until your roommates kick me out.” Draco smiled at her words and closed his eyes for sleep, but opened them back up with a thought. “You do realize that your stubbornness isn’t going to stop him from attacking me.” “True, but that’s where I figured the tarantula you gave him would come in handy.” Draco paused at her words. “Ah, the cleverness of me.” Ginny rolled her eyes. “Tell me again why I love you?” “Because I’m devilishly handsome, irresistible, and treat you like gold?” Ginny looked up at him with a raised eyebrow. Draco winked at her. “Or maybe it’s because I love you right back.” “That sounds more like it,” Ginny said as she snuggled back into Draco’s warmth. “Although the other three reasons do help a tad.” “Of course they do,” he said as he closed his eyes finally. “Good night.” “Night.” When Ginny’s breaths grew even, Draco kissed the top of her head and whispered, “I love you,” before he drifted to sleep. Ginny let a smile escape from her lips, one that was true and would forever remain. “I love you,” she whispered into his ear, “because no matter how hurt or afraid I was, you never gave up on me, and you wouldn’t let me give up on myself.” And with that, Ginny too gave into sleep, dreaming of all the nights that were still to come. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* *SOB* I can’t believe my story is over! It took over a year to write…and it’s finally done! I want to thank EVERYONE who has reviewed. Your words gave me support encouragement, and overall happiness. Never have I expected for this story to be such a hit, and I have all of you to thank for it. Like I said in the beginning, my next project is a HUGE D/G fic that will be darker, more serious, and a MILLION times better than this fic. Or so I hope hehe. If anyone wishes to be apart of a mailing list for news on when that will be starting (it may be months) email me at Dracoslover21@yahoo.com or IM me at Londonism21 with your email address. I will be needing betas for this one and am already forcing my best buddy Laura to do it (Mwuahaha) but if it’s going to be as big as I hope one or two more betas would be great. If anyone is interested let me know, and I’ll get back to you on that once I have something written. A few random notes: I know that guys can’t willingly walk up the girls stairs in the Gryffindor common room, but oh well I don’t like that rule. Umm…I started this chapter with Harry still not over Ginny, but that would have required more time with them two than I wanted. So I chose Harry to be “over it” but still not being with anyone else to show he’s completely cool now. Also, I think that no matter how much of an ass Harry can be, Ginny will always be friends with him to some amount. I think it goes with loving him since he was ten. I suck at ideas for Christmas presents, hence why I didn’t say what Ron, Hermione, and more importantly, Harry, got Ginny for Christmas. Also, Draco’s present, the promise ring-I know I used a different type of a promise ring in my story *Juliet without Her Romeo.* *shrugs* Also, I choose to have an epilogue only one month into it despite more I could have done because this story was based only on Draco and Ginny’s relationship in school away from family (spare Ron). To have it years ahead would have involved a lot of outside people I barely mentioned. Since the epilogue was placed at Christmas, I hope no one thinks that was too soon for them to have sex. I personally think there is no ‘time boundaries’ on sex-I think you feel it or you don’t. Also I will not, I repeat will NOT be doing a sequel. Once again, thanks to EVERYONE. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU. Liz21