Slipped Away

Sk8erWitch

Rating: PG
Genres: Angst
Relationships: Harry & Hermione
Book: Harry & Hermione, Books 1 - 5
Published: 09/07/2004
Last Updated: 09/07/2004
Status: Completed

Inspired by the song "Slipped Away" By Avril Lavigne. Hermione greives for Harry who parished in the last battle with Voldemort

1. Slipped Away


Slipped Away

Na Na, Na Na Na, Na

Hermione was sitting outside by the lake. It was their favorite spot. There was a tree by the lake and she was leaning on it. In her arms she held the picture, neatly framed. She didn't look at it, she just held it.

I miss you miss you so bad

I don't forget you, oh it's so sad

The whole Wizarding World was in celebration, no one had to live in fear that Voldemort would attack, he was gone. But Hermione Granger was one of the few that did not celebrate. She cursed at herself many times for not realizing she loved him sooner. The picture she held was taken just this past Valentine's Day, it was their first date.

I hope you can hear me

I remember it clearly

Hermione looked back to the day she last saw Harry Potter, if she knew then that that would be the last time she would ever see him, she would have surly stopped him.

The day you slipped away

Was the day I found it won't be the same

No one actually knows what happened in the final battle, the only ones who saw it where the ones in it, Harry and Voldemort alone.

Na Na, Na Na Na, Na

The sun was setting in the west: once Hermione was mesmerized by its beauty, now it was all black and white. Hermione finally found the strength to get up; it would be the last time she would ever be back here. Tomorrow she would be leaving this place forever, she didn't think she could stomach coming back to Hogwarts, it held to many memories.

I didn't get around to kiss you, good-bye on the hand

I wish that I could see you again, I know that I can't

She didn't know where Ron was at the moment, nor did she feel guilty as to feel sorry that she didn't care where he was. She knew she was being selfish locking herself up in a self-centered world, but damn it she just lost her soul-mate, didn't she have the right to do just that. She was tired of always thinking of others. She was so angry, she never even go to say good-bye, he left in the middle of the night.

I hope you can hear me

Cause I remember it clearly

She didn't bother to go the end of the year feast; she knew everyone would just look at her with pity in their eyes. She imagined the Great Hall would be dressed in black in remembrance to the one she grieved for. She headed up to the Head Boy and Girl common room, the one she shared with Harry. All his stuff was still there, she hexed anyone who came within three feet of touching anything.

The day you slipped away

Was the day I found it won't be the same

She collapsed into her favorite chair, not daring to sit on the love seat that was mere feet away. On the table in front of the love seat was the letter, she had not opened it. She was afraid to. She felt like curling up in a little ball and never moving ever again, she wished she couldn't feel the way she did. She hurt all over in the kind of pain that was there yet it was not there, like a dull ache that would not come into full force.

I've had my wake up, won't you wake up

I keep asking why

And I can't take it

It wasn't fake

It happened, you passed by

Tears flowed down her checks; her eyes were red and swollen. She wondered when the last time she smiled was. Dumbledore had told her that it would take quite a while to heal from her loss, but she didn't want to. She wanted to feel this pain so that he would never go away. She felt that if the pain stopped her would go away.

Now you're gone, now you're gone

There you go, there you go

Somewhere I can't bring you back

Now you're gone, now you're gone

There you go, there you go

Somewhere you're not coming back

She did not hear Ron come in; she just stood there waiting for Hermione to notice that he was there. He felt hollow inside, but he knew he had to be strong for her, he promised he would. Harry had saved the lives of so many by giving his; it was the least Ron could do, to keep his promise to be there for her. Ron tried to tell Harry that he would come back, but in the end he was proven wrong.

The day you slipped away

Was the day I found it won't be the same

Hermione finally looked up to see Ron standing in the doorway of the common room. She burst into more tears even through she tried to hold them back. Ron came in closer hoping she would realize he was there for her.

The day you slipped away

Was the day I found it won't be the same

She let it all out that night, Ron did too. They sat there grieving for the Boy Who Lived, the boy who was Harry, and the man Hermione loved. She finally read the last letter he would ever write to her, though it didn't give her immediate closer, she knew that one day she would be able to remember Harry with a smile on her face.

Na Na, Na Na Na, Na

I miss you

wvWare Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.0.0

-->