Funny Feelings

Green_Eye_Sparkle16

Rating: PG
Genres: Romance, Humor
Relationships: Harry & Hermione
Book: Harry & Hermione, Books 1 - 5
Published: 03/01/2005
Last Updated: 13/01/2005
Status: Completed

FINAL CHAPTER IS UP! Just a sweet, funny fic I’ve begun to write...There is QUITE A BIT OF DRAMA that will be thrown into the mix...just to let you know! ~Harry and Hermione are in a silly situation. Harry begins to see Hermione differently...but he’s confused. Should he be thinking things like this? About Hermione? Things will start to tense up...things won't be so silly anymore! Other ships included. Please read and review!

1. Silly Thoughts


Disclaimer: The sole, creative, amazingly imaginative owner of all things Harry Potter is JK Rowling....

A/N: ...I could only wish to be so talented!

Summary: Just a sweet, funny fic I've begun to write...Harry and Hermione are in a silly situation. Harry begins to see Hermione differently...but he's confused. Should he be thinking things like this? About Hermione? Please read and review!

Silly Thoughts

February had somehow sneaked up on everyone. It was a beautiful day at Hogwarts. The snow was falling outside, covering the grounds in blankets of soft powder and the lake was glistening with ice. Hogwarts was beautiful. What's more, Valentines Day was just around the corner. Everyone seemed to be in high spirits. All except Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley that is. Supprisingly it hadn't had anything to do with Voldemort trying to kill Harry, or the recent death of Harry's godfather Sirius. It had nothing to do whatsoever with Harry being “The Boy Who Lived”. It was simply `stuff'.

It all began with Draco Malfoy...the 2nd root of Harry Potter's problems next to Voldemort. Harry and Hermione had just left the Great Hall and bid Ron goodnight. He seemed to have eaten a bad piece of chicken and was off to see Madame Pompfrey for a remedy. As Harry and Hermione began to walk to Gryffindor Tower, Malfoy and his usual group of Slytherin idiots (Crabbe, Goyle and the pug faced Pansy Parkinson) had been whispering spells under their breath turning Harry's hair different colors. First, a bright Slytherin green, followed by fiery red, a static purple and then, a whole rainbow of colors appeared in Harry's hair. As Hermione looked up, waiting for an answer after asking Harry if he had finished his Transfiguration homework, she noticed his brightly colored hair.

"Harry!" she shrieked. "What's up with your hair?"

"What?" Harry asked looking confused, then looked up to see an array of colors covering his hair.

The Slytherin's burst into laughter.

Harry and Hermione whipped around and saw Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle laughing on the floor. Malfoy raised his wand and turned it bright green again and laughed even harder. Harry was reaching for his wand when Pansy Parkinson raised her wand at Hermione. After a bright flash from Pansy's wand, Harry saw that Hermione's hair was now standing straight up and was now bubble gum pink. He thought looked much like Tonk's past hair color. Hermione looked up then glared at Pansy. Pansy began laughing and ended with an extremely loud snort. And to Harry's suprise, Hermione, still wearing the pink hair Pansy had given her, burst out in her own fit of laughter.

"Harry-did-you-hear-her-snort?" Hermione managed between laughs. Now she was laughing even harder at Pansy, who looked embarassed to have snorted in front of Malfoy, who was trying with all his might to supress the laughter towards Pansy's loud snort.

"Yeah." Harry said beginning to laugh with Hermione.

Just then, Malfoy stopped dead in the middle his failed attempt of not laughing, got up off of the floor and pointed his wand at Hermione and began to yell. "Don't laugh at her! You filthy mudblood!"

He was just about to jinx Hermione, but Harry was too quick for him. Pulling out his own wand, he jinxed Malfoy to the end of the corridor. When Malfoy stood up he looked down at his legs and realized Harry had transfigured them into giant webbed feet. Many students who were standing by broke out in a roar of laughter.

Luna Lovegood, who also happened to be standing on the sidelines began to laugh hysterically. “Look! He's a duck!” she cried.

Harry and Hermione could hear Pansy screaming followed by Malfoy's voice. "You'll pay for this Potter! You and that stupid mudblood!"

Harry and Hermione began laughing wildly. Harry looked sideways at Hermione. "Yes Hermione, I did do my Transfiguration homework." Harry said grinning at her. "Quick! Let's go before Crabbe and Goyle go get Snape!" Hermione nodded and they both ran around the corner and into an empty classroom laughing hysterically.

"Harry, that was hilarious!" Hermione squealed. "But, oh no! Harry, it was wrong. You know we're not supposed to do magic in the corridors."

Harry frowned. "I know. I'll probably get the full blame. Snape won't punish his precious Malfoy." He said with a slightly gloomy tone. Just then his frown faded and turned into a cheeky grin. "But that was so worth it Hermione!"

Hermione laughed. "Yeah I suppose it was. Seeing Pansy all embarrassed and Malfoy with those feet!" They continued laughing until their sides were sore. "And on the plus side," Hermione said giggling and tugging on a few strands of Harry's green hair. "This shade of green really brings out your eyes!"

“Ha ha.” Harry said sarcastically. He pointed at her hair and started laughing. “You know, that pink doesn't look so bad on you either. You look like a stick of cotton candy”

“Oh, shut up Harry!” Hermione scoffed and playfully hit him on the head.

“Oww! What was that for?”

“For making fun of me.” Hermione laughed.

“I'm sorry Hermione. I didn't mean that. You look more like wad of bubble gum!” said Harry, laughing at Hermione's hair.

“Cut it out Harry! Or I'll jinx you!” Hermione said through giggles.

“Alright, I'll stop. You look kind of cute actually.”

Hermione blushed so hard, her face nearly matched her hair. “Um, thanks.” Hermione said avoiding eye contact with Harry. He hadn't seem to notice this.

It was true. Harry did think Hermione looked rather cute with her pouty pink hair. It really made her lips look pouty as well. Hermione was really beautiful.

“I think I'm just going to get rid of it though. I don't really like pink. I'm...well more of a blue person.”

He could hear her talking to him, but he seemed to be tied up in a daydream.

“Beautiful.” he whispered into the air.

“What?” asked Hermione, turning around towards Harry.

“What?” he replied rather dimly.

“I thought you said something.”

“Oh no. Nothing.” he stammered, realizing what he had just said. “You're right. Pink isn't your color.” She gave him a toothy grin and turned around, satisfied with his reply and went on restoring her hair to it's rightful form and color.

Now that Harry thought about it, Hermione did look wonderful in blue. He recalled her periwinkle robes at the Yule ball 2 years ago. She was absolutely breathtaking.

Whoa!! Where did all of that come from? Harry thought to himself. He hit himself on the head feeling extremely stupid. I'm going crazy. I can't...it's Hermione. No...no I don't-

“Harry!” he heard Hermione say, waving her hand in front of his face. “Are you alright?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah I'm fine. I just have a headache that's all. Probably all that laughing.”

“Probably.” Hermione agreed. “Do you want me to fix your hair now?”

Harry looked up at Hermione and realized that her hair was back to normal.

“Sure. Thanks.”

Harry sat down in an empty desk as Hermione stood in front of him and began to fix his hair. After a few minutes, Harry's green hair was restored to it's dark, unruly state.

“There you go. Now you're back to normal.” said Hermione, brushing her hands through his hair. Harry felt his stomach squirm at Hermione's touch.

Harry looked up at her. “You're so smart.” he said.

“Thanks.” she replied with yet another mad blush. This time Harry noticed. Her cheeks were burning red. She looked so cute.

Stop thinking that! He scolded himself in his head.

Just then the doors flew open and a flood of students came walking in for the Charms Club meeting. Harry and Hermione glanced over and back at eachother.

“We'd better go.” whispered Hermione.

“Yeah.” Harry said. He stood up and walked out of the classroom with Hermione.

They walked again towards their original destination. They finally arrived at the Gryffindor common room when suddenly, they came across Peeves, who was carrying a large bowl of water. They both noticed this and tried to avoid Peeves. But Peeves took their refusal of acknowledging him as an insult and poured the entire bowl of water right over their heads.

“PEEVES!” they both yelled. But Peeves ignored them and rushed down the corridor laughing; leaving Harry and Hermione dripping wet.

Harry turned towards Hermione. She was thoroughly soaked. Her bushy hair was now lying straight dripping with water and she was shivering from head to toe. Even when she's a mess, she looks pretty. Harry blinked and tried to register to himself what he had just thought. Then Hermione exploaded with fury.

“I - HATE - HIM!” Hermione exclaimed. “And I'm freezing!”

“We'd better go in and get dry.” Harry said. They both turned towards the painting of the Fat Lady.

“Water Goblet”, they said together with the upmost tone of sarcasm and irony.

As they pushed open the portrait door and walked in, they found the common room empty. “Oh, at last. Peace and quiet.” Hermione said.

Harry turned to Hermione and smiled. “This just wasn't our day, was it?” he said.

Hermione turned to him and relieved the frown she was wearing and turned it into a big smile. “No, it wasn't.” she said, chuckling and looking down. Then she looked back up at Harry. “But, there were some good parts.”

“Yeah.” Harry said, smiling back.

“Well, I think I'm going to go to bed early. Goodnight Harry.”

“Night, Hermione.”

He watched her walk across the room and up the spiral staircase leading to the girls' dormitory. He watched her until she disappeared around the corner. He felt his stomach squirm again. What is wrong with me? He thought. I just need to get some sleep. Clear my head. And with that final concluding thought, he left the common room and went up to his room. Maybe it was just today. Maybe these thoughts about Hermione would go away after a good night's rest. But did he really want them to?

A/N: So, what did you think? Alright, I know the bit about them teasing each other is kind of corny huh? But I promise you it will get loads better! I'll have the next chapter up soon! Thanks for reading! Please review!

-->

2. Not So Silly Thoughts


A/N: Thank you everyone who posted positive reviews on the last chapter. To be honest I was a little hesitant to even post this story...but I'm glad you're all enjoying it! Well...here you go!

Not So Silly Thoughts

As Hermione walked up to her room she couldn't help but grin the entire way there. Today certainly had not been her and Harry's day at all; but indeed it did have it's good parts. When she finally reached her room, she found it as empty as the common room.

Well, that was an interesting day, she thought to herself now lying on her bed. Her thoughts drifted from Malfoy's webbed feet to Harry's green hair.

The green hair really did bring out his eyes. Oh...his eyes. She let out a little sigh and closed her eyes, picturing Harry's gorgeous stare. The good part. Then she muttered to herself, grinning, “Hmm...I love him.”

Just then, her eyes shot open and she jumped out of bed. She had done it now. She had finally admitted to herself that she was in love with him. She had eluded the issue for several months now. She'd admit, she did like him more than she should, but she would never have admitted she loved him. But she had just done it. No. I can't be. She thought.

She began to pace up and down her room. She went in circles trying to convince herself that her feelings were just...UGH! NO! Needless to say, unfortunately for her mind, which wanted easing, her attempts had failed. She ran over to her bed and threw herself onto it. NO! She thought. I can't be in lo-...It's Harry...It's crazy! But even if I was in lo-. He would never feel the same way about me. He doesn't like girls like me. He likes Cho Chang's! I'm just going to ignore it. She closed her eyes and felt a tear full of anger and hopelessness run down her cheek, and went to sleep.

Meanwhile, while Hermione slept, Harry was wrestling with his own thoughts. Hermione. He thought lying down. Hermione! Hermione! Hermione! He simply could not gouge her from his mind. What's worse, different forms of her began to appear in his head. Hermione with that pink hair. Hermione soaking wet and angry...She looks so cute both times. Then his mind wandered to the form of Hermione in the periwinkle robes at the Yule Ball...”Beautiful.” he whispered again. It became apparent, that he didn't want these feelings to go away.

Just then, Ron burst through the door. “Harry! Where have you been?”

Harry sat up and looked at Ron. “Feeling better then?” he asked.

“Yeah, I'm fine.” he said quickly. “Where's Hermione?”

“She's asleep, I think. Why?”

“So you two missed it then?” Ron asked loudly.

“What? Ron, what are you talking about? What did we miss?”

“Well, when I got out of the hospital wing, Luna was walking by and she told me what you did to Malfoy! Nice by the way! We both went down and saw him. He still hasn't got rid of those duck feet. He's been waddling up and down the corridors trying to get to the Slytherin common room.”

Harry let out a triumphant laugh.

“Anyway,” Ron continued. “Crabbe and Goyle kept laughing behind his back...so he turned around and started yelling all sorts of spells at them! Then maybe 2 minutes later, they all were so deformed! Crabbe sprouted antlers and Goyle got a pig snout!”

Harry and Ron were now both so deep in laughter, Harry nearly forgot why he had butterflies in his stomach.

“Too bad you and Hermione weren't there to see it.” Ron chuckled.

Hermione. That's it...I'm in love with Hermione. WHOA! What? Harry started scrunching up his face in confusion. I'm in love with Hermione? I'm in love with Hermione? I'`m in love with Hermione!

Ron's voice suddenly brought Harry's mind back into focus. “So, what happened after you cursed Malfoy?” Ron asked. “I see you're hair's fixed. Was Hermione's hair really pink?”

“Well Hermione and I ran around the corner into an empty classroom so we wouldn't get caught. Then Hermione fixed our hair. I don't know how she did it...she's so smart.” He added with a grin.

“Yeah she is.” Ron said with a dazed look on his face. Harry noticed this. Oh no! Ron's in love with Hermione. He's liked her for years. Oh no! Harry felt his stomach lurch. This was not good.

“Well, I'm gonna go to bed now.” said Ron, while he broke out of his plainly obvious daydream about Hermione. “Night Harry. Hogsmeade tomorrow.”

“Yeah.” Harry replied. “Night.” He climbed into bed and let his mind wander. What am I going to do? He thought. I can't do this to Ron. He liked her first. But what if she doesn't like him back? What if she likes me? The idea seemed stupid to Harry. No. She doesn't like guys like me. She likes Victor Krum's! Suddenly Harry felt the same `hate' towards Krum that Ron had in previous years. No. He said firmly in his head. She would never love me back. I'll just ignore it.

Then Harry fell asleep feeling miserable.

A/N: Hmmm...so what did you think of that? Sorry this chapter is so short! The next one will be up soon! It will get a lot more intense...BIG THINGS will happen! I promise! Please Review! Thanks!

-->

3. The Unexpected Turn of Events


A/N: I had a lot of fun writing this chapter! It took me about 10 minutes to visualize it in my head and about 20 minutes to write. Sorry I didn't put it up sooner. I had some internet trouble. It didn't want to connect. Anyway, you may want to brace yourselves.

Hope you like it!

The Unexpected Turn of Events

The next day Harry awoke, got dressed and started walking down to the common room to meet Ron and Hermione. He couldn't recall why he felt so horrible. Then he remembered. Just ignore it. He said to himself standing in the middle of the staircase. Preparing himself to face Hermione, he walked down the steps, turned around the corner and found himself face to face with Ron.

“Morinin' Harry. Let's go get breakfast. I'm starving.” Ron said, walking towards to portrait hole.

“Okay.” Harry replied, lagging behind. “But shouldn't we wait for Hermione?”

“No. Lavender came down and told me Hermione said she wasn't hungry and she'd meet us in here afterwards to go to Hogsmeade.”

“Oh, okay.” Harry said, feeling slightly relieved and immensely disappointed that Hermione would not be joining them.

Harry and Ron made there way down to the Great Hall to have their breakfast. Harry really didn't seem hungry and seemed extremely anxious to get breakfast over with and see Hermione. Ron, on the other hand was sucking down his breakfast as if it were his last meal.

As the meal neared it's end, Harry had managed to eat a piece of toast and was ready

to go back to the common room to meet Hermione. He and Ron left the Great Hall and

headed back towards Gryffindor tower, where they found Hermione

waiting for them in the common room, on in one of the armchairs, fast asleep.

Harry smiled to himself. She looked so peaceful. So beautiful.

“Should we wake her?” Ron asked.

“Yeah.”

“Well you wake her up and I'll go and get our jackets.” And with that, he made a dash towards the boys' dormitory.

Harry walked over to the sleeping Hermione and fixed his eyes on her face. He stared at her for a moment, noticing little freckles here and there that he had never noticed before. Then with a gentle pat on her shoulder, he woke her.

She stirred for a moment, trying to focus her eyes. Harry was right in her face, whispering for her to wake up. Then she jumped back, startled at the site of Harry.

“Oh, Harry, you scared me.” she gasped.

“Sorry.” he said simply. “Good morning.” Not.

“Morning.” she replied with a yawn. “Is it time to go to Hogsmeade already?”

“Yeah. Why are you so tired? Didn't sleep well?” Harry asked curiously.

“Oh, no, fine. I just...I was reading a lot last night.” she lied. The truth was, Hermione hadn't slept well at all last night. She had woken up at nearly one o'clock in the morning and hadn't been able to get back to sleep. She had thought all her feelings through. No matter how wonderful it would be for Harry to be hers, she just knew it would never happen. It couldn't happen. She ran multiple scenarios through her head. What if Harry did feel the same way? What if they fell in love with each other...everything would be perfect. But, at the same time...what if being with her made him lose his concentration. Harry had to keep his mind on the future. What if she got in the way of him learning how to defeat Voldemort. What if because of her, Harry died. She couldn't bare the thought of Harry dying and resolved her thoughts by telling herself it was for Harry's own safety. She would ignore her feelings.

“Ready?” said a voice in the distance. Ron had come downstairs with his and Harry's jackets. “Morning, Hermione.” he said with his ears turning red. Hermione didn't seem to notice. Harry on the other hand caught it. Ron was becoming increasingly obvious that he liked Hermione. She even knew it. She just hadn't acknowledged it.

“Morining Ron.” replied Hermione, getting to her feet. “Ready to go to Hogsmeade then?” she asked the pair of them. They nodded, and the three of them set off for Hogsmeade.

When they arrived in Hogsmeade village it began to snow lightly. There were people all around today. Most of them were students shopping for last minute Valentines gifts. Harry hated Valentines Day. It was just a reminder of his last one.

Harry, Ron and Hermione walked through the village and into The Three Broomsticks and sat down at an empty table.

“I'll go get the butterbeers.” Harry said.

“Thanks.” Hermione said, fumbling with her coin purse to hand Harry a few sickles.

“No, that's okay.” He said holding a hand up to her money and looking over at Ron.

“It's on me.”

“Thanks Harry.” Ron and Hermione said together.

Harry walked over to the counter and ordered there drinks. As Harry ordered the drinks, Ron and Hermione sat in silence. Then finally, Ron turned to Hermione.

“Hermione,” he said slowly. “There's something I want to ask you.”

“What's that?” she asked. He looked rather anxious.

“W-well, you see,” he stammered. “You and I have been friends for awhile now and well, the last couple of years, I-I sort of started to like you.” Hermione new exactly what he meant, but tried to play it off with a look of confusion.

“What? So you never really liked me?” she asked him in a bewildered tone.

“No, no, no!” he said quickly. “I liked you, it's just that, well I've started to LIKE -

LIKE you.”

“Oh.” she said simply. She couldn't believe he was actually admitting this.

“So, I was sort of wondering, if you know, you wanted to come with me to Hogsmeade on Valentines Day.”

This took Hermione by surprise. What about Harry? She thought. No...remember, just ignore that. What's the harm in this? Ron genuinely likes me. When am I ever going to find another guy who does? Hermione considered this for a moment. Ron looked absolutely terrified, as if he knew the answer would be `no'. His hands were shaking and he quickly added, “Of course, you don't have to if you don't want to.” Hermione snapped out of her thoughts and put a hand on his.

“I'd love to Ron.” she said and kissed him on the cheek. He went scarlet and let out a sigh in relief. “Really?” he asked.

“Really.” Hermione said. I have to get over Harry. She thought to herself. And Ron's not a bad guy. Sure he's a bit...well...he's Ron. But, he's actually really sweet. Maybe this won't be so bad. Just then, Harry came up next to them and sat the three butterbeers down on the table. Hermione quickly took her hand off of Rons.

“There you go.” He said. “Umm, I'm going to go get some fresh air outside. I'm a little dizzy.”

“Oh, are you alright Harry?” Hermione asked worriedly.

“Yeah, I'm fine.” He told her. I'll be right back.”

“Okay.” she said weakly.

Harry walked out of The Three Broomsticks feeling sick to his stomach, and most definitely dizzy. He walked over to a bench nearby and sat down. He sat with his face buried in his hands. He had seen the whole thing. He had heard Ron ask Hermione out, and her accept. And she did it with a kiss. Hermione liked Ron back. I knew she'd never like me. He thought. Ugh...I just have to get over her somehow. But how? Harry looked up as if expecting someone to answer his question and saw Parvati standing outside a shop. He stood up and walked over to her and braced himself for what he was about to do.

“Pavarti.” he said as she turned towards him.

“Oh, hi Harry.” she said.

“Pavarti, I was wondering...do you have any plans on Valentines Day?”

“No. Why?” she said grinning slyly.

“Well,” he said, shifting his weight. “I was just wondering if you weren't doing anything, if you'd want to get together or something.”

“Sure.” she said giggling. She had long gotten over the neglect she received from Harry during the Yule Ball. After being in the D. A. together she had forgotten all about it.

“Great. Well, I'll see you back at the castle? We can talk about it then?”

“Yeah. See you later Harry.” And with that, Harry turned around and went back into The Three Broomsticks and sat down opposite Ron. Harry did feel a little pang of shame. It was sort of like using Pavarti. Pavarti's really pretty. He told himself. And she's nice. Maybe something will happen. Maybe I'll be able to just get on with life...and accept Ron and Hermione as a couple.

“Feeling better Harry?” Ron asked.

“Yeah.” Harry lied. Where's Hermione?”

“She went to the bathroom.” he said. “Look, Harry, I asked Hermione out on a date. Valentines Day.” He looked scared of what Harry might think.

“Well, I was wondering when you'd do it. You've liked her for awhile haven't you?

“You knew?” Ron asked incredulously.

“Yeah. The whole school knows.” Ron's ears turned red again.

“ I've got a date for Valentines Day too.” Harry said, trying to look happy as he told them.

“Really? Who?”

“Pavarti.”

“Pavarti what?” Hermione said rejoining them at the table.

“Harry's got a date with her on Valentines Day.” Ron said.

“Oh.” Hermione said in shock. Then she quickly collected herself and looked at Harry with a fake smile. “That's great.”

“Yeah.” he said with a fake smile of his own.

Hermione stood up suddenly. “I forgot my bag in the bathroom.” she lied, kicking her bag under the table. “I'll be right back.” Hermione walked away from the table and back into the bathroom and stopped in front of the sink. She looked up at herself in the mirror. “So, he likes Pavarti.” she said to herself. “See, he'd never like me. I just have to forget all these feelings, and get a grip.” She took a deep breath and walked out of the bathroom back to the table where Harry and Ron sat waiting for her and sat down.

After she left the bathroom, someone walked out of one of the stalls. It was Luna. She heard everything Hermione had said. She walked out of the bathroom and looked around to locate the three friends. When she found them, she leaned up against the wall behind them and stared at Harry and Hermione. “I knew it.” she whispered to herself. “They're in love with each other.”

A/N: Did you like it? You must be thinking “RON AND HERMIONE? HARRY AND PAVARTI? HELL NO!”....don't worry I wouldn't do that! Anyway, this is a H/Hr fic, they'll end up together...that type of ending is inevitable. I'll try and get the next chapter up quick!

Please Review! :) Thanks.


-->

4. Misunderstandings


A/N: That last chapter was horrible of me...wasn't it? Sorry, but you know where the story's going....Harry and Hermione will end up together...it's the rules here on Portkey isn't it? This chapter took me a little longer to write...you'll notice it wasn't posted right away like the previous ones, that's because this one has so many twists in it, it's enough to make your head explode! Well, anyway, I really hope you all like it!

Misunderstandings

Luna was brighter than many gave her credit for. She had a certain way about her that made her seem, well, weird. But the truth was, she was actually quite bright. Why else would she be in Ravenclaw? She had suspected that Harry liked Hermione for some time now. He may not have known himself, but Luna sure did. As she leaned up against the wall, musing over at the table where Harry, Ron and Hermione sat, smiled at the brilliant idea that was now forming in her head.

After Hermione rejoined Harry and Ron at the table, the three of them sat in an uncomfortable silence that they had never once experienced before. When Harry thought he was just about to go mad, out of nowhere, Luna approached them and asked to sit down.

“Sure.” Harry said gratefully. Luna was sure to relieve tension. Maybe she would talk about some new bizarre story the Quibbler had just published. Yes, that was sure to break the ice.

“So, have either of you got a date for Valentines Day yet?” Luna asked slowly in her dreamy tone.

NO! NO LUNA! THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT! Harry thought he was going to have to leave the table again.

“Harry's going out with Parvati Patil.” Ron told her. “And...Hermione and I are...” Harry turned to Luna and finished Ron's sentence.

“They're going on a date together.” He looked at her trying to seem happy about the whole thing.

This came as a genuine shock to Luna. This wasn't right. It was supposed to be Harry and Hermione. And Ronald...well, would be hers. Ronald, in her mind was the most wonderful person she had ever met. He was funny and sweet, yes a little weird at times, but she liked that in a guy. He was brave and courageous, in his own unique way of course. After all he was in Griffyndor. And, she was so sure Harry and Hermione were in love with each other. She couldn't be wrong. Would her idea still work? No, she had best just let it alone.

“Oh.” she said in an uninterested tone. Then, returning to her dreamy voice, congratulated them with false delight. Hermione noticed the slight expression of horror that had crept up on Luna's face. Ron and Harry hadn't noticed anything. Luna's likes Ron...well duh! Hermione, you knew that already. She thought to herself. Luna suddenly stood up, looking rather like she wanted to cry.

Luna -”, Hermione began.

“Well, I'll see you later” Luna said, pretending she hadn't heard Hermione say anything, and floated out the door of The Three Broomsticks.

“Bye Luna!” Harry, Ron and Hermione called after her.

Returning to their butterbeers, the three of them sat in, yet again, another awkward silence. Harry couldn't stop thinking about Hermione...about Hermione and Ron. Ron couldn't stop thinking about Hermione. Hermione couldn't stop thinking about Harry and Parvati. And poor Luna. Hermione said to herself, for practically destroying Luna's hopes of being with Ron. They soon finished their drinks and decided to just go for a walk around the village. It was chilly outside and was beginning to snow. About 3 minutes into there walk, Harry looked over at Hermione and noticed her shivering. Her face was now pink with cold and her lips were trembling.

“Cold Hermione?” he asked her, smiling at how cute she looked with pink cheeks.

She turned to him, teeth chattering and hugging herself for warmth. “Y-y-esss” she replied and smiled back at him.

“Why don't we go into Honeydukes?” Ron suggested. “It's a bit warmer in there.”

“Yeah, alright.” Harry said, dragging his eyes away from Hermione's beautiful smile. Ron walked ahead of Harry and Hermione and into the shop. There was a line in there and he wanted some sweets before it got to long.

As Harry and Hermione opened the door to Honeydukes they heard a familiar voice call out to them.

“Hey! You! Potter! Granger!” Harry and Hermione whipped around. It was Pansy Parkinson. She was glaring at them as she stopped furiously their way. “You two will pay for what you did to Malfoy!” she screamed.

Hermione was laughing at her again. “And what exactly are you going to do about it?” Hermione asked mockingly.

“You just watch your back! You stupid mudblood!” Pansy hissed. She was raising her wand at Hermione ready to curse her into oblivion. Hermione had taken out her own wand and was about to do the same to Pansy, when Harry intervened.

EXPELLIARMUS!” he shouted, and Pansy's wand went flying out of her hands. “What do you think you're doing?” he yelled at Pansy. “Hermione didn't even do anything! I cursed Malfoy! If you want to try and do something to me,” he paused and spread out his arms, daring Pansy to do something, “then be my guest.”

Pansy did not say anything, she simply glared at the two of them. Then in one swift movement bent down to pick up her wand and stormed away.

Harry watched her until she darted around the corner, obviously embarrassed again. Then he turned to Hermione, who still had her wand in her hand. “You alright?” he asked, knowing full well that she was fine. He knew that Hermione could have easily taken on Pansy. She had, after all helped him battle several Death Eaters the previous year. However, with his new found feelings for Hermione, he found that he was extremely protective of her...even more so than before.

“Yeah. Thanks Harry.” she said, feeling wonderful inside. She had always felt safe with Harry, safe from everything, protected. Pansy really wasn't anything to be afraid of, but all the same, she still felt protected when he was around. She was ready to forget all the decisions she had made about Harry and just tell him, when...

“Where'd did you guys go?” It was Ron. “I thought you were right behind me.”

“Oh, sorry Ron.” Harry began. “We - ”

“You have to come and see this!” Ron said excitedly.

“What is it?” Hermione asked.

“Someone knocked over a cauldron full of taffy...the shopkeeper was heating up some fudge with his wand and dropped it on the floor and heated up the taffy! Anyway, it's all melted. It's everywhere. And a whole mess of people are glued to the floor!”

The three of them ran into Honeydukes to muse over the damage and hilarious predicament some of their fellow students were in. After a few minutes of watching Neville, Seamus, Colin Justin Finch-Fletchy and Susan Bones lose their shoes and socks while stepping out of the taffy, Harry, Ron and Hermione were ready to go back to the castle. They began walking back to Hogwarts, chatting and laughing about the taffy situation. It seemed to have eased all their minds.

They were nearly at the steps of the castle when Ron stopped and began to run back towards Hogsmeade. “You two go on!” he called over his shoulder. “I forgot to get something. I'll see you later.” Harry and Hermione looked at each other in confusion and back to Ron.

“I wonder what he forgot.” Hermione said. Harry shrugged and continued walking up the steps of castle entrance. Hermione followed him. Harry really didn't know what to think of Ron at the moment. Should he be happy for him? Upset? Jealous? Why was this so difficult? He just wanted to be with Hermione. He just wanted to tell her. Here, right now. He turned to face her, and just as he was about to say something, someone came shouting his name. It was Pavarti. Great. Harry thought. He did not want to talk to her at the moment, especially about the crazy date he had gotten himself into. I can't believe I did that!

“Hi Parvati.” he said calmly, trying to hid his annoyance with her sudden appearance, but then realized this was all his fault.

Hermione wheeled around at the sound of Parvati's name. It was her!

Parvati stopped in front of them, beaming at Harry, then gave Hermione a deep look of disdain.

“Oh, hi Hermione.” she said with in a fake voice. It wasn't something that was openly known, but most of the 6th year girls were extremely jealous of Hermione. After all, she spent nearly every minute of every day with Harry.

“Hi.” Hermione said with the same tone of upmost loathing. Pavarti ignored her tone and went back to looking at Harry.

“So,” she said. “Shall we discuss Valentine's Day Harry?” Then she shot a glance over at Hermione, wanting her to leave. Hermione noticed this and looked at Harry, silently pleading that he say `no, later'. Or NEVER! she thought to herself. But Harry didn't say that at all.

“Hermione, I'll meet you in the common room later. Okay?” said Harry, turning towards Hermione.

“Oh, okay.” she said dully. “I'll see you later then Harry.” She turned around and walked up the steps into the castle. Just as she entered the door, she made a sprint up many flights of stairs and walked passed a patch of wall three times. I need to be alone, anywhere! She was crying now. Just then a dark pewter knob appeared on the wall. She threw open the door to the Room of Requirement to find a large, overstuffed chair in the middle of the dark room, ran in and slammed door shut. She sat in the large chair crying in the darkness. It wasn't fair. She suddenly threw aside all the reasons why she shouldn't be thinking these things. FORGET VOLDEMORT! I'll protect Harry.” Why was this so hard? She just wanted Harry...she just wanted him to love her...the way she loved him. She laid her head down on the arm rest of the chair and cried into the darkness.

A/N: Well now, wasn't that just a roller coaster of emotions? You all hate me now. Don't you? For dragging this on so long...and making you wait!!!! I had to end it there...I'm sorry, you'll know why when I post the next chapter! Please Review! I crave the reviews!!!

-->

5. Confessions


A/N: Oh my goodness, this chapter took a long time to write. I just kept adding more to it as I went along. I made you wait for 3 whole days! This chapter is the second to last one...I'm pretty sure of it. If I drag it on any longer I think you all might go crazy and never read my stories ever again! Plus, I think I'm ready for a break. Poor JKR...what she must go through...everyone anticipating her books...it must kill her. Here you go! Hope you like this one!!!!

Confessions

While Harry had watched Hermione walk up the stone steps and into the castle, all he wanted to do was run after her, grab her and kiss her. Kissing Hermione. Harry mused. It would be amazing. He began to immerse himself, yet again, in another daydream about Hermione, when Parvati called him back to reality.

“So Harry, what did you have in mind for Valentine's Day?” Parvati asked trying to drag Harry's eyes back toward her.

“What?” he asked blankly.

“Valentines Day. Two weeks away. What did you have in mind?' The students had been granted two Hogsmeade weekends for purchasing Valentines Day gifts and Valentines Day itself.

“Oh, right. Valentines Day.” said Harry, looking back at the open doors Hermione had just gone through. He couldn't do this. He wanted Hermione. He wanted to hold her in his arms forever. He wanted to tell her endlessly that he loved her more than life itself. He turned to look at a beaming Parvati. It was no use. Drowning his love for Hermione in a pitiful attempt at a date with Parvati Patil wasn't going to do a damn thing. He felt awful for doing this to a person, for getting their hopes up. But Parvati just wasn't the one he wanted. “Parvati - ” he began, preparing himself for a horrifying shrill of a sound that Parvati was sure to make once he told her that it just wasn't going to happen between them. But before he could get another word out, she was already speaking over him.

“I was thinking you and I could go to Madame Puddifuts for coffee or something.” she suggested happily. That did it! Harry no longer felt bad for what he was about to do to her. The mention of that awful place only served as another reminder of that horrific date he had endured with Cho Chang. “Parvati - ” Harry said again. But she ignored him.

“Or, we could take rides in the horse carriages through Hogsmeade. Or - ”

“Parvati!” Harry said loudly. She looked surprised at his volume. “Parvati,” he continued. “Look, I don't think this is going to work. You and me.”

“What?” she asked, looking hurt. Harry softened his voice a bit and explained to her.

“I - I'm in love with someone else.” Harry said easily.

“You are?” she asked. “Who?”

“I - I, well I don't think - ” Harry sputtered.

“It's Hermione.” Parvati said, with a stern look, almost sure of it. “Isn't it?”

Harry's surprised expression gave Parvati the answer to her question. To Harry's surprise, her face seemed to soften from a frown into a smile. “Well,” she sighed. “We all knew it was going to happen sooner or later.” Harry was extremely confused.

“What are you talking about?” he asked.

“You and Hermione. We've all known you've been in love with each other for years. We just, secretly hoped it wasn't true.”

“You knew we were in love with...each other? But, Hermione isn't in love with me. She doesn't know I'm in love with her.” The words just seemed to spill out to Parvati...she was the most unlikely person Harry would talk to about his feelings for Hermione...next to maybe Cho.

“She is in love with you Harry. I don't know how you can't see that.” Parvati said. They had now moved into the courtyard and were sitting on a bench discussing the possibility that Hermione did have feelings for him.

They talked for nearly two hours, and Harry now appreciated Parvati more than ever. She had actually given him advice on girls. “Thank you.” he told her. “And I'm sorry I did this to you. Used you to...to - ”

“I know Harry. It's okay. Now go and tell her how much you love her!” It had been decided that Harry would tell Hermione today! It was only yesterday that he had come to the realization about his feelings for Hermione, but he knew that on some level he had always felt this way about her. He was just too blind to realize. It was Hermione.

He was shaking as he run up towards Gryffindor Tower. Parvati had promised she wouldn't say a word to anyone unless Harry and Hermione did actually become something. Harry was so grateful for this. When he got to the Gryffindor common room, Hermione was nowhere to be found.

It was now dark. Harry had been searching everywhere for Hermione. He had been running around the castle for hours trying to locate her, and he still wasn't sure if Ron had even come back from Hogsmeade. What was he doing? Quickly, he forgot about Ron when he saw Luna coming towards him. “Luna, have you seen Hermione?” He asked her hurriedly.

“No, I'm sorry, I haven't.” she said, not in her usual dreamy voice, but one most unlike her own. She sounded sad. Harry noticed and asked her if anything was wrong.

“Oh nothing.” she replied. “I just have a little headache that's all.”

“Oh, alright. Well, I'll see you later Luna.” Harry said before darting around the corner to look for Hermione once again. Where is she? He thought worriedly. What if something's happened to her? Just then, Ernie MacMillan came walking down the corridor. “Ernie!” Harry yelled. “Have you seen Hermione at all?”

“Yeah, actually, I saw her around three o'clock. I think she went into the Room of Requirement.”

“Great! Thanks!” Harry said, making a mad dash in the direction of the Room of Requirement. He ran the entire way there. As he ran, he thought to himself. Hermione might not even be in there. Three o'clock. Three o'clock was around the time we got back to the castle. She can't still be in there. But I have to try anyway. It was now, nearly eight o'clock in the evening. Finally, he was there.

Harry stood outside the patch of wall where he knew the Room of Requirement was hidden. Even if she doesn't feel the same way, he thought. I have to tell her. And Ron...He knew that facing Ron would be more difficult than anything he'd ever faced in his life. Of course that would be second to what he was about to do. Face Hermione, and tell her how he really felt. He walked passed the piece of wall 3 times. I need a place to tell Hermione how much I love her. The same pewter handle appeared in front of him. He took a deep breath and opened the door. It creaked loudly and the sound echoed throughout the room. As he entered, he saw that it was very dark and dreary. The atmosphere was cold and forbidding. He noticed the large, squishy chair in the middle of the room. This was not what he had in mind. Was this the room Hermione had thought of? The room he had envisioned was more warm and welcoming. He slowly began walking towards the chair.

“Hermione.” he said into the dark. Suddenly, torches on the walls lit with fire, and he was face to face with Hermione.

“Harry!” she gasped. She was sitting in the overstuffed chair, her eyes were puffy and full of sadness, tears flowed her cheeks, which were flushed with the anger and frustration she had been feeling. Quickly, she brushed the tears of hopelessness. Harry looked horrorstruck.

“Hermione, why are you crying?” Harry asked worriedly.

“I wasn't crying.” she said turning away. “What are you doing here anyway? I thought you were talking to Parvati about your date on Valentines Day.”

“Hermione, that was five hours ago. I've been looking everywhere for you.”

“Yeah, well, I - I...Harry how could you go out with Parvati? You could do so much better.” Hermione shouted. This wasn't like her, but she couldn't take it anymore. If Harry couldn't be hers, she didn't want anyone else to have him. She had to tell him. Even if he didn't feel the same way, she had to try. Harry looked surprised at Hermione and he spoke suddenly.

“Hermione, I really like you.” He said. He hadn't even realized he'd said anything until he saw the look on her face.

“You - but I thought...Parvati?” she started.

“That was stupid of me. I like you, more than a friend Hermione.” Harry said again, more aware of what he was saying. But this was a downright lie. Harry didn't like Hermione. He LOVED Hermione. He knew more than ever, that he did. For wear or for worse, Hermione had always been the voice in his head. He wouldn't be alive without her. Adding to her beauty on the outside, Harry new that she was even more beautiful on the inside. She had such an amazing spirit. She was brilliant beyond comprehension and she was extremely kind and caring.

Hermione looked at him in utter shock. He liked her? It wasn't love, but she couldn't push it. This was more than she could have hoped for.

“Harry, I need to tell you something.” she said quickly.

Harry looked at her, ready for anything. “Okay.” he said.

She sat stood up and walked around the chair halfway towards the door. “Okay,” she began with a shaky voice. Lately, well for awhile now, I've liked you as more than a friend too.” Another lie, only this time on her part. Hermione LOVED Harry. But she, like Harry had the same fear of scaring him off.

“You do?” Harry asked incredulously. Hermione liked him! Parvati had been half right. She liked him...not loved, but this was better than anything Harry could have hoped for. They stood there, staring at each other in an awkward silence. Both of them were thinking the same thing. This wasn't right. They had to tell one another the truth.

“Harry - ”

“Hermione - ”

“I lied Harry. I don't just li - ”

“And, what I said...I lied. I don't like you.” Harry said quickly, walking around the chair and stood in front of Hermione.

“What?” Hermione asked, suddenly horrified and confused. How could he possibly say that? How could he say that after she had just heard his confessions with her own two ears? And after what she had confessed herself.

“I don't like you.” Harry repeated. Hermione's eyes fell towards the floor and she backed away from him, unable to speak. She felt sick. All the hope that she had felt only moments ago was shattered into nothing. And then...

Harry took her hand in his, and guided her back to him. To weak now to resist him, Hermione moved closer to Harry. They were so close. Hermione's eyes were still fixed, intently on the stone floor, avoiding looking at him. She could feel the tears coming as she closed her eyes. She just wanted to scream. Then, Harry raised his free hand and cupped her cheek in a caressing manner and dragged his fingers underneath her chin. Slowly, he lifted her face, needing her eyes to meet his. When she finally opened her eyes, he could see the tears glistening in them. She was so beautiful.

Then he spoke, slowly and softly. “Listen, I don't like you, Hermione.”

Hermione was ready to run away. How could he do this to her? How could he say these - ?

“I love you.” Harry had said it, he had said it more sure of this than anything in his life.

Hermione could do nothing but look into his wonderful eyes. There were tears there...for her. He loved her? He really loved her? She took a deep breath and held it there, still looking at Harry with burning intensity. Finally she let out a breath and smiled at him.

“Y-you love me?” she managed.

“Yes I do. So, so very much.” he said desperately.

Hermione looked at him once more with passionate eyes. She leaned in closer to him and whispered, “I love you too.”

Harry looked shocked. “Y-you do?” he asked her, his mouth gaping open.

“Yes I do.” she said with the same desperation Harry had used.

At these words, Harry caught Hermione's lips with his own in one desperate movement. Hermione let out a little gasp between kisses, then responded by throwing her hands around Harry's neck and kissing him back with the same desperation. Never breaking apart, this was no simple unity. It was no modest kiss. This kiss, was long and passionate, full of need and want. Full of pure love of one another.

Suddenly the room was hit with a wave of magic. The room had changed. The walls were no longer gloomy, the torches had disappeared and were replaced with towering windows that let in the moonlight. The stone floor was now covered in velvet carpets. The darkness had disappeared and the room was bathed in candlelight and the shining of the moon. The large, overstuffed chair that had been in the middle of the room was now gone. Instead, a harp stood there and began to play itself. And overhead, a glorious chandelier hung, dripping with magic stars. The room had changed into a total reflection of their feelings. Wonderful.

Harry and Hermione had been too busy kissing to notice anything had changed. Harry clung to Hermione like she was his last breath. Hermione felt the same need. And if possible, she held him even closer.

Meanwhile, Luna had been passing by. She was thinking about the idea she had wanted to expand on in the Three Broomsticks earlier that day. Her plan was in all aspects, the basic romance operation. She would get Harry and Hermione in a compromising position. Maybe Harry could save her again...or...no. She thought. Just then, she heard noises...and...voices as she passed the Room of Requirement. Luna noticed the pewter handle and out of pure curiosity, she grasped the handle and opened it slightly, just enough to see...

Harry and Hermione were still deep in passionate kisses, stopping every now and then to whisper something to one another.

Luna's eyes widened as she saw this and heard breathy, muffled words.

“I love you so much Hermione.”

“I love you too Harry.” Followed by more kissing noises. Luna was positively beaming at the sight before her. Things might work out after all. She was just about to give them their privacy when a familiar voice came in her ear.

“Hi Luna.” It was Ron. “What are you looking at?” he asked her.

“Oh...nothing!” she said, trying to close the door. But Ron had already peered inside. Luna flinched fiercely as she saw his eyes widen in horror. He saw, Harry and Hermione...kissing. His best friend, and the girl he wanted. To Luna's surprise, Ron didn't do anything. He just stood there, staring at the scene before him. Though he did not say anything for almost 10 seconds, he soon shut the door quietly and walked furiously passed Luna, throwing down a bouquet of red roses and threw a parcel over the edge of a balcony. Someone below had yelled “OUCH!”. Luna had seen Ron's face. It was red with anger, perhaps jealousy and definitely sadness.

A/N: You're all screaming at me through your computers! Aren't you? “FINALLY!” you must be saying. Did you like that? I ended their suffering...or did I? **says with mischievous grin** They will be fine...don't worry! It's funny how love works between two people isn't it? You never know what the other is thinking. Well that's not all, there's more to come! Poor Ron, huh? There's still some issues to resolve. The last chapter will be up...well, when it's up! Don't worry, I won't make you wait too long! Please Review! Thanks. :)

OH...AND....

To the person who reviewed chapter four and pretty much guessed what was going to happen...Harry going into the Room of Requirement! That was really annoying Lol! I guess that part happening was a little obvious. But you're mind works in all the right ways! Or you really are psychic! **squints eyes and ponders the possibilities.** LOL.

-->

6. Understanding

A/N: I thought it time for a little author feedback...I haven't been checking my reviews lately. Anyway, I felt rather rude about not responding after such positive things everyone has said. Thank you all so much I truly appreciate every word you all say about my writing. I tend not to take negative criticism well and was extremely thankful that I endured a very, very, very small amount of it.

I'm glad you’ve all enjoyed the story so far...even though I’ve dragged it on for a lifetime. Believe you, me, I know it’s annoying when you just want things to pull themselves together in a story. To tell you the truth, I never really intended to make the story this long...but I like cliffhangers...especially when I get to write them. Anyway, here’s the final chapter. No more cliffies for you...just...THE END. I hope you enjoy.
~Sara

Understanding

As Luna watched Ron stomp off away from the Room of Requirement. She had to follow him. He was so hurt. He just didn’t understand. Harry and Hermione were in love with each other...there was nothing better than new love. She quickly picked up the roses that lie on the stone floor and ran after him calling his name.

“Ronald Ronald RON ”

“WHAT? ” He yelled turning around to look at her. “What Luna? What?”

“Look,” Luna said with a patient and steady voice. “Ron, look, what you saw...you...I know how you must feel - ”

“No...Luna...you don’t You have NO idea how I feel My two best friends And...and she...and he knew You have no idea ” And with that, he stomped off towards Gryffindor Tower, leaving Luna feeling extremely hurt. She knew exactly how he felt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Completely oblivious to the world outside the Room of Requirement, Harry and Hermione were still locked in each other’s arms. They were kissing fiercely when suddenly, Hermione pulled away. “Wait, wait.” she said. “Harry, we can’t - I have to at least tell Ron.”

Harry pulled her back to him and placed his hand on her cheek. “We have to tell him.” he said. Hermione smiled up at him and kissed him softly on the lips. “I love you.” she whispered.

“I love you more.” He told her. The took each other by the hand and made to sit on the sofa in front of a roaring fire. They sat in silence, holding each other until they fell asleep.

The next morning, Harry awoke first and looked down to see that he hadn’t dreamed the whole thing. Hermione was in his arms, fast asleep. His love. He didn’t want this moment to end. He wanted nothing more than to sit here with her forever. He smiled to himself and lovingly brushed the hair out of her face. She stirred for a moment, then finally awoke. She looked around the room lazily and confused, then up at Harry. It all came back to her. Last night had been perfect. She smiled at him and kissed him softly. “Good morning.” she said quietly.

“Morning Love.” he said to her. Her smile widened and she hugged him closer to her.

“I like that.” she said. They sat holding each other for a moment then as if lightning had stricken, they both bolted upward.

“We spent the night in here?” they both asked each other at the same time. Hermione ran her hands through her hair then covered her eyes. “What’s Ron going to think?” she asked anxiously. “We didn’t even see him after Hogsmeade.”

“Hermione, It’ll be okay.” Harry told her standing up and helping her to her feet.

“We’re just going to tell him the truth.”

“You’re right.” she said calmly. “We’d better sneak out of hear and go get changed before breakfast.” They took a glance around the room and then left. Luckily, not may students were in the corridors. They must have all been in the Great Hall for breakfast. When they reached the Gryffindor common room, they gave each other a quick kiss (since no one was around) and went up to their dormitories. When Harry got up to his room, he was relieved to see that Ron was still sleeping. He quickly got dressed then looked around. Ron’s trunk had been overturned, things were all scattered about the floor. Harry wondered what it was all about, but then quickly ran out of the room at the sound of Ron stirring. He met Hermione downstairs and they went to the Great Hall together. They went over, quietly, how they were going to tell Ron. As soon as they had concluded a rehearsed speech, they went on eating their breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ron peered into the Great Hall, looking for Harry and Hermione. Finally, he spotted them. They were talking to each other and laughing. He was furious with the pair of them and equally angry at both of them as individuals. He just couldn’t believe that they could have done this to him. He was just about to go in when someone grabbed his hand. It was Luna.

“What are you doing?” he asked her, moving away from the entrance to the Great Hall.

“Ronald, don’t do this.” she pleaded.

“Don’t do what?”

“You’re going to go in there and yell at them. You’re going to yell at them for being in love?”

“They’re not in love...last night...that wasn’t love ” He was beginning to shout.

“Oh no?” Luna said in an “as - a -matter - of - fact” tone. She pulled him towards the entrance again and they both peered into the Great Hall at Harry and Hermione.

“Take a look.” she said.

“Take a look at what?” Ron asked.

“At them. You see? Do you see the way he looks at her? And her, do you see the way she smiles back him?”

It was true. Ron had never seen Hermione smile like that before. He stared intently at the sight before him and saw Harry grab Hermione’s hand under the table. The truth was, as hard as it was for him to admit it, he knew they were in love.

“It’s hard isn’t it?” Luna whispered over his shoulder.

Ron quickly looked away from Harry and Hermione, and turned towards Luna.

Luna saw his pain. She hated seeing him so miserable.

“It’s hard seeing the person you want so desperately to be in love with you...in love with someone else.”

He looked at her and finally understood. “Luna,” he said. “Y-you - you’re in - ”

But just as he was about to finish, Harry and Hermione came walking by.

“Oh!” they said together at the sight of Ron, who looked equally startled to see them.

“Ron, we were just coming to look for you.” Hermione said anxiously.

“Yeah, we didn’t see you in there so we - ” Harry began before Ron cut him off.

“Guys,” he said. “We need to talk.” Luna was looking at him with pleading eyes.

“Right.” Harry said slowly.

Ron looked over at Luna. “Luna,” he said. “Er...we can talk later okay.” He gave her a sort of half smile half frown. She nodded and watched the three of them walk away.

Harry, Ron and Hermione walked silently out into the courtyard to their favorite spot. Ron stopped suddenly. He stood there for a moment, still as a statue. Harry and Hermione glanced at each other then back at him. Then he turned and faced them.

“I saw you both last night.” he said slowly. “In the Room of Requirement.”

Harry and Hermione began in an uproar of explanations. But Ron simply put a hand up to them. “Wait.” He said. “Just let me finish.”

They fell back and let him speak.

“I saw you two last night. I was furious. I really hated you both. I got up to my room and just started trashing the place. I finally fell asleep. And this morning I had every intention rounding on the both of you. But then, someone made me see just how much you both love each other.”

“Ron, I - I don’t know what to say, I’m so, so sorry. I knew you liked her and I went after her anyway...”

“You’re right Harry. I liked her.” Ron said, nodding at Hermione. “But you loved her. I was so angry last night, even after I heard you tell her that you loved her...I just didn’t see it until this morning. I saw you holding hands and looking at each other. I knew.”

“Ron, I’m so sorry.” Hermione said with tears now falling down her face. He looked up at her then at Harry.

“You two don’t be sorry about anything. It’s going to take awhile to get over this mind you, but all the same, I’m really happy for the both of you.”

Hermione moved toward him and enveloped him in a great hug. “Thank you.” she whispered in his ear. When Hermione finally let go of Ron, Harry came over and the two friends shook hands. “I know you’ll take care of her mate.” Ron told him. Harry nodded and they all sat and talked the rest of the day.

TWO WEEKS LATER

It was Valentines Day. Harry and Hermione were walking through the village of Hogsmeade, hand in hand, her head on his shoulder and both in a state of bliss. Everything had turned out perfect. They were inseparable from here on out. They only needed each other.

Meanwhile, over in The Three Broomsticks, Ron and Luna were sitting at a table talking over a couple of butterbeers. They both had their chat, in which Luna confessed to being in love with him for a long time. Ron had told her that it might take awhile for him to get over what had happened two weeks ago, but that he was ready to move on. He was extremely grateful he had. For the next week, he and Luna were officially dating.

Oh, and whatever happened to Malfoy and Pansy? Well, Malfoy got rid of his duck feet after 2 days in hospital, and Pansy...Well, she had been trying to get back at Harry and Hermione for some time now, but in her failed attempts to do so; she found herself at the receiving end of a jinx from Hermione late one afternoon. Hermione had hit her with a jinx that knocked her down on her new curly pug tail. Pansy, of course went screaming down the corridors grasping her backside. Everyone was laughing. Smiling, Hermione turned to Harry, who was beside her.

“That was brilliant!” he said laughing.

“I know.” she said laughing back. “That’s what she gets for turning my hair pink.”

Harry smiled down at her and kissed her softly. “I love you so much.” he said.

“I love you too.” said Hermione. Then a sly grin came across Harry’s face.

“What?” she asked him puzzled.

“Could we bring that pink hair back? I really loved it!” Harry said chuckling.

“Oh shut up Harry.” Hermione said hitting him in the stomach. And they walked away, hand in hand, happy, and in love.

THE END.

A/N: Please, please, tell me what you think! Did you like it? I loved writing this story for all of you. Thank you for reading. I hope you’ll read more of my stories! THANKS!
~Green_Eye_Sparkle16

P.s...if reviews do not go through, like what’s been happening lately, please send reviews to my email:
GreenEyeSparkle16