Second Best by Lady_Slytherin Rating: NC17 Genres: Angst, Horror Relationships: Draco & Ginny Book: Draco & Ginny, Books 1 - 4 Published: 16/04/2003 Last Updated: 19/04/2003 Status: In Progress Draco and Ginny get their hearts brocken by the people they love most in the world. Draco and Ginny deside to make all those who had ever hurt them pay... 1. Heartbreak ------------- Tears formed in Draco's eyes as he walked down the dusty old corridor. He had loved her. He had worshipped her. She had taught him to feel beyond words and reasoning. "Malfoy’s don't cry." He stated out loud *Yeah and they don't fall in love with mudblood's either* Draco cursed the voice inside his head. All his father had ever taught him and had brought him to believe in had been shattered in that last year with Hermione. "Hermione" The name brought fresh tears to his eyes. It had all started with one night of passion. Draco had been mysteriously drawn to her since the first time he had seen her. After that first night he returned to her more and more frequently. He loved her with all his heart and soul and all the time he was with her she was off getting pregnant with Potter. "Potter" He snarled. Draco drew his arm back ready to drive it into anything when he heard a soft sobbing from further down the passageway. Draco lowered his arm and walked softly towards the sound. A bundle of black robes lay at the end. He spotted the mass of red hair on top. "Ginny" The sobbing just got harder. The ripples of agony pulsating through her body. Ginny was with Potter at the time Draco was with Hermione. It was all her dreams come true when he asked her out. She was the happiest she had ever been in her whole life with him then but as usual in Ginny's life she was second best. Second best to her only and dearest friend. "Hermione" She sobbed. The dull aching in Draco's heart faded but only for a moment. It was replaced with sorrow but not for his tragedy but hers. Her world was falling apart. *Since when does a Malfoy feel sorry for a Weasley* The voice in Draco's head snarled *The same day a Malfoy falls in love with a mudblood* Draco sat next to her put his arm around her a pulled her softly. Ginny sobbed into his chest while he sobbed into her hair in return. Both fearing they would never be anything but second best. 2. Heartache ------------ Disclaimer: All the characters used are property of J.K. (Wonder if she’d let me have Draco?) A.N. For all those expecting a fairy tale story of Draco/Ginny getting together in their sorrow well the fic decided to turn in the completely opposite direction last night…Well who am I to deny fate? I thought it would be a fairy story too! **Heartache** How could I have been so stupid? I can’t believe I was so naïve. I was a fool to believe that for once in my life I could be happy. For all those years I had ached and yearned for him. He was all I ever wanted in a man; kind, courageous, handsome the list was endless. From the moment I had saw him I longed for him. I was ecstatic when he kissed me. I did everything in my power to be the best friend and girlfriend he could ever want. I laughed when he was trying to be funny. I smiled when he was happy. I comforted him when he was depressed. Everything I ever did for him was thrown in my face all for her! The insufferable know-it-all-Granger! Well this Weasley is taking no more of it. I strode confidently down the stone walled corridors, past the animated paintings. My heals clicking on the stone floor. My eyes heavily lined in black, glaring any in my path. I turned the corridor and there stood the person who made me what I am today. "Malfoy" "Weasley" I knew why he was leaning there. He waited until I walked past and then he followed. We walked united in our purpose. United in our suffering and united in our fates. We arrived at our destination and Professor Dumbledore was waiting almost as if he were expecting us. "Ah Miss. Weasley, Mr. Malfoy. I expect you wish to talk to me." He led us up to his office. He sat at his desk and bade us to sit down. "Prof. Dumbledore I want to be resorted." "Miss. Weasley I dare say that this is not the best way to get over a heartbreak but if you are sure I will let you. This may work out for the best." I nodded and Dumbledore pulled the sorting hat from its shelf. He pulled out a wooden stool out and I sat on it as he placed the hat on my head. *Ah the youngest Weasley. I knew I would see you again. You’ve changed immensely since our last meeting. You are in possession of a great darkness that has grown much over the years. You have a purpose and a great deal of determination to go with it. In fact you’d die to fulfil your purpose. I agree with you, you no longer belong in Gryffindor. I’ll have to move you to…* "Slytherin." The hat said to Dumbledore. "Very well. I’ll have the house elves move your belongings. Am I right to assume that you are to move into the private dormitory adjoining Mr. Malfoy’s?" Draco gave Dumbledore a brief nod of his head. "Miss Weasley may go into Hogsmede to purchase a change of robes and Mr. Malfoy may accompany you." I looked over at Draco. He smirked at me and I smirked back. Our plan to get back at them was going perfectly. We were to make all those who had ever hurt us pay for it. The list of people is long. The last on our list is Hermione Granger and Harry Potter. The first we would attack would be Lucius Malfoy…