Harry Potter and the Defense of Hogwarts

Harry85

Rating: R
Genres: Romance, Action & Adventure
Relationships: Harry & Hermione
Book: Harry & Hermione, Books 1 - 5
Published: 17/07/2005
Last Updated: 21/07/2005
Status: Completed

Sequel of Harry Potter and the Death Arch. you may want to read it first you read this one.

1. The Happiest Summer


Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JKR does.

A/N: This is the sequel to “Harry Potter and the Death Arch”. Hope you'll enjoy it, I'm posting it now even if it still needs to be betaed because I simply felt I should do something for H/Hr, and this was already written, so here it is. Funny how some things resemble HBP, a thing I'm not so proud of now that I've seen how the book turned out to be…

Chapter One

“The happiest summer”

The summer which preceded their last year at Hogwarts was really the happiest so far for Harry and Hermione, even if previous school term at Hogwarts had been full of troubles for the Golden Trio, risking to break it thanks to Voldemort's cunning schemes, but in the end they overcame all of that thanks to the deep friendship and love for each other they had. Between then there was now a bond even stronger than before, if it was possible.

All the mistakes Ron had done, he had done trying to make things for the best, even if he chose the wrong path, and Harry and Hermione understood that and forgave him. It could have happened to them, and Harry knew how Ron was feeling knowing what he did turned out to be the worst choice.

He had done the same when he had chosen to go to the Department of Mysteries in fifth year, getting Sirius killed.

Since the previous summer, on Dudley's request, the Dursleys had been more civil to Harry, treating him almost like someone like them. So now, they had let him be alone in their house for the summer, and gave him permit to invite his friends too.

Harry chose to invite just Hermione, to have some quality time together, as they hadn't been in touch a lot for long time in the previous months, and now she was his girlfriend, so with her parents' permission, he had invited her.

They spent the summer at Privet Drive on their own, since the Dursleys were on holiday in Spain for all the summer, and they had begrudgingly left the house to Harry.

Life there flowed peacefully, as normal between two young lovers, through kisses, tenderness, and sometimes also sex. One of the most evident differences with the other summers was the sense of freedom that Harry felt for the first time in his life, without the Dursleys at home, and the happiness of being in love and have it requited.

However, even if it may be silly, he missed the letters from Hermione, which he always received with a great happiness. Obviously now she was there with him, so he could see and touch her every moment and it was good, but reading her letters had always been a great pleasure for him. Every summer he waited for them, even more than the ones from Ron.

Those came very often that time too. The first one had a worried tone in it, triggered by what they had passed at school in the previous months.

When he read it, Harry smiled.

“Dear Harry,

I'm writing to you because I don't

succeed in sending letters to

Hermione; all the letters I

wrote had gone missing! Or at least, I think so,

since I've got no reply till now. Do you

know anything about this?

Ron”

They ahd forgotten to tell him about the arrangements of the summer.

Harry and Hermione shared a laugh on the letter, then he replied to him, explaining the situation and apologizing for not having told him before, and that they got distracted so they forgot to reply his letters for her.

They knew he would probably tease them all the year about what they got distracted about, but after all it was the truth, so they would have to suffer that.

He also wrote that they were passing together the happiest summer in their lives. Some days after, Ron replied with another letter, as expected joking on that.

“Harry,

you don't stop surprising

me! I hope you are enjoying

the time together; I recommend,

be careful not to fill the world

of little Potters though

or you'll find yourself with a family

bigger than mine before you know it!

And Snape would not

be happy about that!

Ron”

The young couple read it together snuggling on the couch while having breakfast and watching telly, and they chuckled about his advice. They then dressed for running, starting their daily holiday routine, that was by now consolidated.

It was composed of a morning jogging in the near park, then shower, breakfast, sunbathing in the garden, relaxing themselves, and in the afternoon, the most boring activity of the day: homework!

“Nobody is perfect” Harry thought, smiling “and who has the huge luck to be with her has to accept this love of hers for studying. After all, this time probably she is right, this year we have to pass the last exams, the N.E.W.T.s, then we will have to start work. We need to prepare. And I wouldn't have her another way”. He snuck an arm around her waist on their way to the living room, where they were going to study, pulling her close. She leaned on his chest sighing happily.

When some days later, their letters from Hogwarts arrived, they both were extremely happy. They had been chosen as Head Boy and Head Girl, as Draco had predicted on the Express!!

The two of them wrote together a letter to him, asking him how he was and informing him of their new status, warning him playfully that they would need to give him detention if they found him out after hours with Lavender, then they sent one to Ron too to give him the big news.

They knew he was past his jealousy thing by now, and he would be sincerely happy for them.

After the usual morning jog, they relaxed in the garden, sunbathing. The sight of Hermione in bikini should be an habit for Harry by now, since he had seen her in this way since the start of the holidays.

However, every day he found very difficult not staring at her perfect body, while she was constantly attracted by his quite muscular one, well designed by the continuous Quidditch and jogging training.

That day, however, they were both distracted from their gazing at each other lovingly by the “Daily Prophet”, with an article on Harry written by an unknown journalist, Grace Meddlers, who seemed the perfect heiress of Rita Skeeter, and maybe even a relative of the old Snape.

Potter new Hogwarts Head Boy

By Grace Meddlers

Next year Harry Potter will be Hogwarts Head Boy, with his girlfriend Hermione Granger as Head Girl. Obviously, the fact that the couple had been both made Heads of the school doesn't surprise us, since it evidently is another thing that Harry Potter is allowed to have in the school. The boy doesn't deserve the badge, since he broke the rules a lot of times in the past years. Every other student would have been expelled, but he did not. Why? Because he is the Boy-Who-Lived, so he is allowed to do anything.

Personally I think the boy has too many privileges, and he should be stripped of some. Leading two schoolmates, Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy to risk their life to follow him just because he wanted to challenge the Dark Lord was not a wise thing to do, and this shows how much the school will be affected by having him as Head Boy.

By the way, I've already stated that Granger is Potter's girlfriend. And obviously the girl is doing her best to keep him with her, as this is the only way a plain bookworm can have attention. I wonder how could she have bewitched him, but for a so clever witch should not have been a problem to make a so ingenuous boy like Potter fall for her. A simple love potion, and the trick is done

Harry had been laughing on the first part, but when he reached the part on Hermione he was positively fuming. He would have slaughtered the journalist in pieces, if he had had her in his hands, and stopped reading because he couldn't take it anymore.

Couldn't they simply leave him alone? Why did they have to ruin even one of the few happy periods of his life?

Hermione saw his raw anger and tried to calm him. Last thing they needed was an uncontrolled burst of magic like when he had blown up his aunt Marge. The newspaper would have a field day with that.

“Luv, you know how the journalists are. Don't let them to ruin our quietness and intimacy” she said soothingly and started pulling him to herself, kissing him on the lips. He held her close and opened his mouth under hers, quickly forgetting his anger. Their tongues now were searching each other, while he was caressing her naked back.

Then he went down, kissing her on the neck, making her moan and fight to maintain the control of herself.

She was near to be defeated by temptation, when an owl arrived, interrupting them, with a letter from Draco.

“Dear sweethearts,

How is going the life living together?

Are you doing the rehearsals for the night after

the wedding? Jokes apart,

congratulations to our new Heads!

Cho also says hello to you.

Draco”

Harry read it, a little upset for the interruption

“Couldn't this cursed owl have arrived a little later?” he said, pouting.

Hermione smiled at him sweetly, and slithered her arms around him peeking to read the letter too.

“It is better this way. We have to go to Diagon Alley for shopping today, so we better go inside and get dressed” Then she stood up, but Harry took her wrist and pulled her on him. He started kissing her fiercely, and she eagerly kissed him back.

“Harry, I would love to continue this all the day, but we really need to go to Diagon Alley, you know” she said, out of breath. Harry mumbled something like “killing the mood”, but still he got up.

Hermione smiled, and followed suit. When she reached him, in the house, she gave him a quick kiss before going in her room, that in reality was Dudley's one, to dress.

Then, using the Floo, they went to Diagon Alley to buy all what they needed for seventh year at Hogwarts, the last before starting a new life, a life that Harry was sure he could not go through without Hermione by his side.


-->

2. Happy Birthday!


Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JKR does.

A/N: Hope you'll like this chapter, and the rest of the story too. If you read, please leave a review to let me know what you think of it.

Chapter Two

“Happy Birthday!”

Harry and Hermione landed at the Leaky Cauldron, then with their Hogwarts robes and their sparkling Heads badges, they directed themselves to the bookshop and the other shops they had to visit to buy what they needed. At Diagon Alley there was a huge crowd, mostly of Hogwarts students with their families, who were there to buy things for school, books, robes, potions ingredients, and many other things, so making their way trough it to reach the shops was not an easy task.

A great crowd was staring at the window of “Quidditch first quality accessories”, and Harry wanted to have a look there. He suddenly understood the crowd: the new Firebolt 2003 was exposed!

He looked for a long time, while Hermione was smiling, thinking about his behaviour, similar to a child's one, even if in a day he would be of age.

She would be only on September the 19th, when they were already back at Hogwarts, but she was sure if he could he would organize an huge surprise party for her. He could be so sweet at times…So she decided. Harry would have his coming of age party.

It was just matter of organising it on such short notice, but if there was someone who could, it was Hermione Granger.

Walking, they met Ron, who greeted them cheeringly.

“Hey, Harry, how are you feeling being Head Boy?” the redhead asked then.

“Well, I don't know yet. I hope we won't have huge loads of stuff to do. I don't know if I could handle it.” Harry replied, making puppy eyes at Hermione.

“Oh, I'll make sure you will be able, Harry, don't worry” Hermione said, with a exceedingly sweet tone, but some severe warning behind it.

“Oh, mate, poor you…now you are busted!” Ron exclaimed, then all of them started laughing. In the meanwhile, Ginny, who had bought what she needed and was going to meet her brother, arrived. “Harry! Hermione! How good to see you!!” she said, excitedly.

“How are you, Ginny? Are you ready to take the place of Head Girl next year? Now it is two years that you are a prefect, I'm sure you will have the role” Harry said, hugging her.

“Actually, thinking that next year the two of you won't be at Hogwarts anymore is a little sad” she answered, looking downcast. “But let's not think about this now! We've got a full school year before that! Let's go window shopping together!” she added joyfully then.

She was long over her crush for Harry, but seeing him always made her happy, especially when he was so joyous, one thing that didn't happen too often in the past.. And she was happy the girl making him feel that way was Hermione, too.

She could not picture someone good enough for Harry, if not her best female friend.

So they moved, and while walking they joked and laughed a lot. They also said hello to the many friends they met, and stayed a bit more than with others with Draco and Lavender, new entries of their gang. Then, Harry and Hermione returned to the Leaky Cauldron, and, using the Floo, they went back home.

Here, they got dressed for the evening run, then, after a good shower, Hermione started preparing the dinner, using all her knowledge about Muggle cooking. The result was delicious, as Harry confirmed.

“This is excellent. But I don't want to be excessively spoiled by you, or I could start thinking of you as a perfect wife” he said teasingly then kissed her on the lips.

She immediately gave in, moving closer to him.

“And I imagine that would be bad, wouldn't it Mr. Potter?” she said seductively in a pause for breath.

“I never said that, Ms. Granger” Harry replied, kissing her again.

Their bodies were by now pressed on each other, and Harry started unbuttoning her shirt, while she was sliding her hands on his chest. He was growling in pleasure, and wanted nothing more than take her right there, then…the phone!

Harry didn't want to answer, he wanted to continue kissing her forever, but she broke the kiss, stood up and went to answer.

“Oh, hello, Ron…yes, ok…so we agree…See you soon!” then she closed the communication and returned in the kitchen.

“What did he want?” Harry asked, a little upset at his best friend.

Not that the redhead did it on purpose, but, really, if someone had bad timing, that was Ron.

“Oh, nothing important…” she answered mysteriously, then switched on the TV, trying to distract him, not succeeding. But he let it slip for the moment, knowing if it was something important she would have told him.

After some time, they went to bed.

“Where do you want to sleep tonight?” Harry asked. “Your room or mine?”

“Yours. I like being able to drift to sleep and then wake up with your scent all around me” she said dreamily.

They had discovered they couldn't suffer anymore to wake up alone, so had taken the habit to sleep together, in one of the two rooms at choice.

Hermione went to take her pyjamas in her room, then they changed their clothes and entered the bed. Since it was for one person only, they were forced to be in close contact, but that's what they liked more.

Harry wrapped his arms around her, pulling Hermione on his chest. She mumbled something sleepily, settling against him and sighing contentedly. Harry kissed the top of her head.

Soon sleep took them.

Next morning, Harry woke up with a weight on himself. He smiled, knowing very well what it was, and opened his eyes.

Putting his glasses on, he had her sleeping face in focus, and started caressing her head, now and then softly twirling one curl in his fingers.

Soon later, she yawned and opened her eyes, locking them with his green pools. She still felt like her insides were melting every time she saw them.

“Good morning, honey” he said, feathery kissing the tip of her nose.

She giggled. “Good morning, luv” she replied, giving him a quick kiss.

Morning passed quickly, as usual they filled it in the garden sunbathing, then, after lunch, Hermione sent Harry to Diagon Alley with the excuse of buying a book she had forgotten the day before.

She had on purpose avoided giving him her wishes for his birthday all day, hoping he would feel down for her forgetting it. And in fact he hid it, but was a bit upset for that.

Harry went there without asking more, bought it and he was returning when he met Hagrid, who had agreed with Hermione for stopping him a bit of time, so he started chatting with the boy.

Harry was more than happy to have a little chat with his half giant friend, so stayed there at least one hour, having an ice cream with him.

When he returned to Privet Drive, he opened the door, and the house was all dark. “Hermione, luv, I'm here” he called. Nobody replied. He felt a very unpleasant sense of deja vù playing in his head, and for moments he panicked, till he found the light switch he had been searching desperately.

He found himself in the house with all his friends, Ron, Ginny, Draco, Lavender, the twins, Neville, Seamus and many adults, as Dumbledore, Snape, McGonagall. Harry was speechless while they all together started singing “For he's a jolly good fellow”.

He thanked all of them for being there, then neared Hermione.

“You were talking about this with Ron yesterday, weren't you?” he whispered to her, placing his forehead softly on hers.

She nodded, winking at him.

“Happy Birthday, Harry!!” she said, and all the others did the same.

He grinned, took her in his arms and kissed her quickly her on her lips.

“Thank you for this party, luv! I really did not expect it!”

The amusement grew up, and fortunately on the house had been cast very powerful silencing charms, so they could continue until late night, accompanied by the delicious dishes Hermione had prepared, and litres of Butterbeer and iced pumpkin juice. At a certain point, Draco moved toward Harry, joined by Ron and Hermione. They gave him the gift, from everyone. The shape was unmistakable, and his heart was beating very fast.

He had not said it to anyone but his Firebolt had been damaged the previous year, one of the last days of school, by some crazy admirer of Hermione who thought he wasn't good enough for her, and he didn't think of having a shining new broomstick so early. Then he started opening it as quickly as he could, excitement clear on his face, and when he succeeded in this, he was near to faint.

A new Firebolt 2003, the new best broomstick in the world was in his hands! He started thanking everyone, also the Professors who contributed to his gift. Snape for once grinned, seeing his happiness.

After a long time, the guests started going away, until he remained only with Hermione, Ron and Ginny. The redhead hugged him.

“Welcome amongst the adult wizards, Harry!” he said, then he smiled and left him to go and say hello to Hermione. Now was Ginny's turn to say hello to him, with an emotional tear on her face.

“It is incredible. You too now are adult…you know what it means, don't you? You can do magic also out of Hogwarts! Well, not only that, but I really dream the day I'll be able to!” she said, giggling. Harry couldn't help to think that she surely had some of the mischievous blood of the twins.

He hugged her, then they also went away, and he was alone with Hermione, who kissed him deeply, then she took his hand and brought him upstairs.

Here she gave him a pack.

“So this is your personal gift, thank you…” he said and started opening it. When he saw it was a book, “How to become a perfect Auror”, he grinned at her.

“What else could I expect from her?” he thought, taking her in his arms.

“Thank you, Hermione. I really like it!” he said, whispering through her hair, in which he had buried his face. He was holding her thigh, and he did not notice a figure coming out of his bedroom.

“Enjoying the pleasures of love, Harry?” a familiar voice said.

Harry couldn't believe his ears. He looked toward where the voice came. Hermione turned too, in shock.

That was not part of her plan, not at all.

When they saw him in front of them, they pinched themselves to be sure they were not dreaming.

“Sirius! You're alive!” they both cried then, the pain too real to be a dream.. They ran to him, hugging him.

The man chuckled at their enthusiasm. He knew they would be happy to see him, but did not expect that kind of childish reaction.

“Yeah, I am. Dumbledore made me keep the secret on the mission he sent me to accomplish next year, after that he spent a lot of time in bringing me back from the veil, so I couldn't contact you. But I would never in the world miss my godson's coming of age” he said, winking at Harry.

“Sirius, now that you're here, what there is behind the veil?” Hermione asked. Sirius shuddered, growing serious.

“I would prefer to not speak about it. Let's only say that it is a real Hell, even worse than Azkaban”.

Hermione seemed satisfied with the answer, or she however chose to not push the matter.

After a bit of chatting, Sirius gave Harry a pack with a complete Auror equipment in it. “Consider it an incentive to pursue your career” Sirius said, then with a wink he exited the room. Harry and Hermione followed him, and saw Buckbeak out of Harry's window. Sirius mounted on it, and flew in the night.

“Hey, wait! You can't leave just so soon!” Harry said, trying to make him stay with them.

“Harry, I'm sorry. I've still got things to do for Dumbledore, so I can't remain”

They understood, so even if sadly, they let him go.

When he was disappeared in the sky, Hermione hugged Harry from behind, both still shocked, but happy, to know Sirius was alive.


-->

3. Last Time at Hogwarts


Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JKR does.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this so far, and that you'll continue reading. If you do, please leave a comment to let me know what you think of it!

Chapter Three

“Last Time at Hogwarts”

Last month they passed at Privet Drive flew away quickly, and Harry and Hermione, after one day of preparations, went to King's Cross on the 1st of September, for taking the Hogwarts Express, which would bring them to their last school year.

After crossing the barrier, they said hello to all the friends already on the platform, then they climbed on the train and went in the last compartment with their friends. When the train started moving, they went to the Prefects one for the usual meeting. Here, as Heads, they had to give the Prefects the start of year speech, remembering their duties, privileges, powers and so on.

Actually, only Hermione spoke, as she was more experienced in that field, and, mostly, because Harry knew no one could give that kind of speech better than her, being an example for the younger students.

They then reached the compartment in the tail of the train, their preferred one, where Ron already took his place with the others, and was already eating some Chocolate Frogs. The couple took their seats, one near the other as their friends had had the attention to reserve them two near spots.

The group talked a lot, even more than the usual, but in some moments more seriously than the other years, in fact they confided each other their worries for the final exams, the N.E.W.T.s, for the seventh years, and the fear of Voldemort striking hard that year, for all of them.

As usual, when, in the middle of the travel, the trolley with the sweets arrived, they attacked it, buying a great number of things, then they continued speaking about their future.

“And what do you want to do after school, Harry?” Ron asked, munching on some jelly things Harry had shared with him.

“I think I'll try to become an Auror, even if I will have to study a lot to pass the test. It is also important having the best marks in Potions, and even if Snape was better with me in the last year, it still is very hard to achieve” he replied

“Oh, don't worry!! I'll help you as I always did” Hermione said.

“Yes, but we had the same works to do, then. Now, I don't want you waste time for your studies helping me” Harry said.

“And who told you we will do different studies? Did you think I will leave you becoming an Auror alone?” she answered

“What? Will you try to become an Auror, too?” Ron exclaimed

“Yes. What do you find strange in this?” Hermione said, challenging him with her gaze.

“Nothing, I only didn't think you liked that kind of career” Ron apologized, reddening on his ears.

They discussed about this for a long time, and Ron admitted he wanted to play Quidditch as a pro, possibly in the Cannons, his preferred squad. In a more realistic way, however, he would be in the Ministry with his father and Percy. Only thinking about that, especially his older brother, he got the chills.

The journey was near to finish, when Hermione wanted to go to control the Prefects, so she went out from the compartment. Harry took the opportunity to talk to Ron.

“You know, I am a little worried for Hermione's behaviour , lately”

“And why?” Ron asked

“She stays always near me. I obviously like it, that's clear, but…I don't want her to sacrifice her life for being always near me. I mean, probably she has her dreams to fulfil, and I don't want to be in the way of them becoming reality… ”

“Well, don't you think you should leave the choice to her?” Ron replied.

“Yeah, I know…” Harry said, thoughtfully, then, seeing her arriving in the passage, he abruptly changed argument to Quidditch.

When the train was near to Hogsmeade, they changed to their robes, Harry and Hermione with their sparkling badges.

“I hope you will be better than Percy as Head Boy and Head Girl” Ron commented, only half jokingly. The Express stopped, and they went down, taking place on a chariot to reach the castle.

As usual, they attended the banquet, and saw the Sorting, then McGonagall accompanied Harry and Hermione to their private quarters, near the staff ones. They chose their password to be “Library and Snitch”, then they went to bed.

The first lesson, next day, was Transfiguration, where they started learning the human transformation. Obviously, Harry, being an Animagus, in that sector was particularly advantaged, so he helped Ron and Hermione, who had little problems. Neville, however, was the same disaster of always. Trying to transform Finnegan, he succeeded only in changing his nose in an elephant's trunk, making all of them laugh.

Then they moved to the Potion class, in the dungeons. Harry, however, had great troubles in reaching the class, because he was haunted everywhere by girls of all the years, avoiding always miraculously to be caught, while Ron and Hermione were laughing out loud. While they were sitting down, she whispered to him “I think this will be a stressing year for you…”

He nodded, guessing what she was implying. “But why do they seek and chase me?”

She and Ron grinned, then replied.

“Because they are all in love with the Boy-Who-Lived, that's why” they said together.

“And I can't blame them” Hermione said dreamily.

“Please, now don't get mushy you two, or I'll have to puke my breakfast” Ron said, rolling his eyes. That earned him a smack on his head.

“I had told you last year that you were, and still are, the most desired in Hogwarts”, she said to Harry then, smiling mischievously. “Definitely so, since you've grown to an handsome wizard from the skinny boy you were in first year” she whispered to him appreciatively licking her lips.

That made Harry want to kiss her right there. But just in that moment Snape arrived. Draco shook his head amusedly at them from the other side of the room, where he was paired with Lavender, his girlfriend.

Apart for that “incident” in the beginning, the Potions lesson was a total success. Snape by now esteemed him very much, and he didn't miss the occasion to praise him for his perfect work, giving him fifty points for Gryffindor. Draco was nodding to him, happy for his friend.

Other movement, other ambush: this time Harry wasn't able to avoid to be kissed on the cheek by a blonde girl, who also said him her name, hoping he would remember her: Hanna.

“Phew! I already don't suffer it. I hope they will stop soon” he said to Ron, while they were entering the Great Hall. Here too, all the girls turned to look him, and when he sat down near Hermione, she whispered to him.

“With this angry look, you even are more fascinating, you know that, don't you?” then she kissed him briefly.

At that, she was the object of an huge number of hatred and envious looks. She, however, didn't care of that, proud of “her” Harry.

“You're not helping matters, Hermione” he said, faking to be upset at her. His eyes however revealed his amusement at her behaviour.

***

With time, Harry was getting used to the situation, when the Quidditch trainings started. He still was the Gryffindor captain, and he wanted to win the Cup for his seventh year. He started explaining the tactics, when his personal “Fan club”, totally feminine, arrived. He rolled his eyes.

However, until they stayed on the terraces to see the training, for him it wasn't a problem. When he saw them go away, he was even happy.

But the worst was still to come.

When he was in the showers room, and the others went away, suddenly two girls of the sixth year, who he recognized for Ginny's friends, ran out from behind a cupboard.

They saw him half naked, with only a towel on his body, and blocked him catching him by surprise, then one of them kissed him on the lips, even if he didn't open his mouth, while the other was brushing his chest with her hands.

He pushed them away roughly, sending them against a wall, finally succeeding in escaping closing himself in the locker room. He got dressed and he went to the castle where he met Hermione and Ron, who saw him very upset.

He told them the happened, and Ron was fighting the urge of laughing, while Hermione tried to consulate him, sure that all of that nonsense would stop soon.

In the beginning she had taken it easy, but now, it was starting to get on her nerves as well as on his own. After all she was his girlfriend, and obviously she was not pleased with what the other girls were doing.

Harry wanted to speak about it to Dumbledore, but both of them counselled him not to for the moment, so he gave up and followed them in the Great Hall for the dinner. It was silly, actually, to ask the Headmaster to stop fan girls from following him, he reasoned.


-->

4. Thinking about Future


Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JKR does.

A/N: Thanks to all of you who have reviewed, please, if you read leave me a comment, good, bad, terrible, whatever you think, at least I'll know if my work is worth something or not, and what I should try to better.

Chapter Four

“Thinking about Future”

At the beginning of November arrived the moment in which the seventh year students had to confirm the choice they made in fifth year about their working career, for having the opportunity of trying to pass the test for that job.

Harry and Hermione were firm to choose the Auror Department, as they had many times said. Ron, who didn't know what to do with his life, followed them.

The three started preparing themselves to pass the test at the end of November, adding it to their normal work. The lessons helped them, especially DADA, teaching some things that were in the test program.

Flitwick, for example, taught them the Memory Charms, and Harry was the best in the all seventh year in this, so he had a part of the Charms program for the test already perfectly known, while in DADA they learned some masking spells handy in disguising yourself, ability really important for an Auror. Being an Animagus helped Harry in it a bit.

Hermione and Ron, however, were just behind him, so they could dedicate them to revise the most important Duelling Charms, as the Disarming Charm (“Expelliarmus”), the Protective Charm ( “Protego”), the Stunning Charm (“Stupefy”) and others.

That night Harry remained to study in the common room when the others went to bed, but after a little, he fell asleep. When he woke up, he found himself hugged by Hermione, who was in her dressing gown. She smiled at him.

“I went down to see how you were, and I found you asleep, so I remained to give you company”, she said softly.

“Thank you, luv” he said, then he couldn't resist and kissed her. She kissed him back, so they stayed like that a long time, with their tongues continuously clashing, exploring the other's mouth, then Harry went down on her neck, pulling her closer to him, feeling her body on his through the fabric.

Her moans drove him out of control, and he tried to discard her dressing gown, but she resisted, pushing him away. “No…you are already tired enough, and tomorrow you have to play against Slytherin. You don't want to lose, do you? And don't think I refuse a night like that with you easily” she added mischievously, then returned in her dorm. Harry did the same sighing.

She was probably right.

The Potions lesson was another success for Harry, who was the only able to prepare well a very powerful potion, similar to the “Veritaserum”, the strongest of all of that kind. This one too was in the Auror test program, and Snape gave him twenty points, then all the students went to the Quidditch Stadium, to see THE match: Gryffindor vs. Slytherin!

He and Draco shook their hands at the beginning, as captains, then during the match neither of them was unfair with the other, for once. Finally, Harry caught the Snitch, giving the won to Gryffindor, for two hundreds eighty to sixty. Ron, as Chaser, was terrifying, he scored an huge number of goals. By now he was a symbol of the team as well as Harry was. Dean as a Keeper had not been doing bad at all, too.

***

They arrived to the day of the preliminary test, to see their attitudes as Aurors. Harry answered the questions about many kind of Charms, then in practice he defeated the Ministry tester, and at the end of all the tasks, obtained the best marks and the congratulations of the examining commission, as Hermione did. Ron, instead, had some problems with the Potions questions and practice, but he passed all the same the test, now surer about what he wanted to do in his life: everything which would leave him with his best friends, Harry and Hermione, would be good for him.

It was clear that they would become Aurors, so he decided to try his best for doing the same.

Unfortunately for Harry, the happiness for having passed the test with the best marks lasted very short time. The new enlarged very quickly, so it gave new energies to the assaults that the girls prepared for him.

One day, in the library, he was studying alone, when three fifth year girls, two Ravenclaws and a Slytherin, surprised him with the body freezing spell, then they unbuttoned his shirt, brushed his chest, then went down, unzipping his trousers' fly. Fortunately for him, Ron entered the room, and the three escaped, for not being recognized.

If the examination committee had witnessed the scene, it wouldn't have given a good impression on Harry's ability as an Auror. “Constant vigilance!”, like Alastor Moody liked to repeat over and over.

It wasn't the only episode though. Another time, he was assaulted when he was in the shower room of the Quidditch Pitch, after a training. He had stayed a little more than the others on the pitch, fitting himself with some more exercises, so when he went in the locker room, the others were already gone away. He was alone, or, better, he thought to be alone. When he was under the water, he suddenly felt an hand on his shoulder, so he turned and…

Forward his eyes there was Hanna, the blonde who first had kissed him that year, completely naked. She hugged him immediately, not giving him the time to escape, and pushed him on the wall, blocking him on it, so he couldn't try to run away. She leaned her body on his, then she kissed him on the lips. He couldn't do anything.

Hanna was exploring him with her mouth, but suddenly she had an idea. She took Harry's hand and started to pass it on all her body, her breasts and her opening. But this was a mistake. She aroused herself, moaning, and letting her guard fell down. He caught the opportunity and escaped. That story, however, had to finish, one way or another.

At the castle, he searched Ron and Hermione, took them apart and told the facts. Hermione seemed very upset.

“If it happens another time, go to Dumbledore and tell him about that” Ron suggested.

Harry nodded, then they went in the Great Hall for the dinner.

Here, Ron was greeted by Luna Lovegood, the only one who did not go after Harry. The other girls mocked her for that, but she liked Ron, so why would she go after Harry?

And however Harry, Ron and Hermione respected her a lot more for that.

So, she came toward Ron with her usual dreamy expression.

“Ron, would you like to go at Hogsmeade with me, next weekend?” she asked him.

Ron was a bit surprised. But thinking about it, Luna was a good girl, and quite pretty too. He had found himself many times thinking about her in the past month, so he agreed.

“I would love to, Luna” he said, then took her hand in his own and walked her to her table.

At the Gryffindor one, in the meantime, Parvati gave Harry a little parchment, with written “I will wait you in the Trophy Room, this night at midnight! I am waiting the moment of making love to you! You can do better than her.”

Harry glared at her, that girl was really shallow and shameless! Ron smiled dreamily, unaware of the tension at the table, while he was throwing away the paper angrily and Hermione was giving her terrific glare to the Asian girl, who cowered a little.

***

At the next Quidditch match, he felt a bit nervous, also for the many banners, with writings as “Harry I want you”, “Harry shag me!” and others. He was so disturbed that he didn't even see the Snitch near him. Only when he saw the other Seeker going down, he started suddenly to follow him, exploiting at the maximum his new Firebolt 2003, succeeding in surpassing him, and catching the Snitch. That broom was able of really extraordinary services, and thinking about it, Harry regained the smile, also because, during the match, Hermione, not seen, took away all the banners, burning them, so now there wasn't any of them, while he was being cheered by his team mates.

After the match, Harry returned to the castle with Ginny, who had waited him as escort in the locker room, so he could explain her his worries about her friends behaviour, hoping to be able to stop at least that lot of girls.

“I will do the possible, Harry, I promise you. However, I understand them, you know. You are the most fascinating guy at Hogwarts, Head Boy, Gryffindor captain, famous in all the magic world, the only who came out alive in a duel with Voldemort. You should not be ashamed for your success with women, it could also be useful…” then she smiled sweetly at him and batting her eyelashes. Harry rolled his eyes playfully at her, knowing very well she had long time ago stopped fancying him.

At the castle, he left her and went to the Heads' quarters to have his shower in a safer place. There he found waiting for him the only woman he wanted to have success with: Hermione.


-->

5. A Strange Christmas Night


Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JKR does.

A/N: Hope you'll enjoy this chapter, and please, if you read, leave me a comment, ok? That would make my day!

Chapter Five

“A strange Christmas Night

Fortunately for Harry, Christmas holidays arrived, so the greatest part of the students, especially the girls, returned home, so he, who as usual remained at the castle, could enjoy in peace that days of relax.

The only problem was that Hermione had returned home too, to go skiing with her parents.

“Be sure, I'll write you daily. I'll miss you a lot too”, she said then she kissed him passionately, before climbing on the train. Harry remained there until the Express didn't disappear in the horizon, knowing she owed them that after the scare of the previous Christmas and a summer passed away from them with him. He should not be egoistic, they were her parents after all.

Then he returned to the castle, noticing that in the Gryffindor Tower he was alone with Ginny, who was the only who made him some company in the holidays, apart from the staff members.

One day that he was chatting with Dumbledore, he asked something that ahd been on his mind since he had seen Sirius.

“Sir, this summer, at my birthday, Sirius came to visit me. I thought he was dead, you told me that too, so how could he survive?”

“Harry, that veil brings you in an alternate universe, from which it's almost impossible to come back. For all I knew, I wouldn't be able to bring him back, so I didn't want to raise your hopes too much. I knew if I succeeded, soon or later you would know. I had to evocate one ancient power to call Sirius back and have him able to exit the veil. The moment he did, many hands were trying to pull him back in, and he was unconscious. I can only imagine what kind of sufferings he endured there. He says it's worse than Azkaban but would say more. However, I thought having him alive when everyone thought he was dead was a great advantage for the Order, and so I asked him to do a mission for me, that he did well”

Harry nodded, satisfied with the reply. Probably the Headmaster could have been clearer, but for now he was content with what he knew.

Together with Ginny, they went running around the iced lake, through the snow, then, after a warm shower they went down to eat their breakfast with the Professors and the other few students remained at Hogwarts.

Their days passed through runs on the skis, on the skates with him who fell continuously, laughing happily with her on the sled, and, for Harry, hours studying the books the commission left him to prepare for the official Auror test. He was taking very seriously the task of becoming a very good Auror, knowing that Hermione would do this, and wanting to be at her level. Sometimes Ginny studied with him, in the common room, but more often he was alone.

Dumbledore and McGonagall offered to help him, if he needed, but when one day he wanted to ask a suggestion to the Headmaster, he found he had left to London, called at the Ministry for pressing tasks, so he decided to give up for a day with the study, going to Hagrid's hut, to say hello to him, who he had not seen from a while.

After a long chatting and some tea cups, he returned to the castle, not avoiding to take part in a little snow balls war, started by Ginny, with students from the other houses, then when he was in the common room, he wrote a letter to Hermione.

“My love,

you don't know how

I miss you. I am passing

my days also studying to

become an Auror, as you

would do, trying to

feel connected to you,

but I miss you

so much!

Love, Harry”

In the meanwhile, they arrived to the Christmas Eve and everyone who was in the castle seemed excited for that evening. Obviously Harry was too, but thinking that it would be his last Christmas there, he also felt a little sad.

He passed the day walking with Ginny a lot in the park, chatting about many things, throwing each other some snow balls, then they went to dry themselves in the common room, before the fire, laughing and joking.

Ginny was the only girl at Hogwarts Harry considered, or better, had one time considered, as possible girlfriend instead of Hermione, and he felt quite relieved of passing the holidays with her rather than with some crazy fan girl.

That evening, in the Great Hall, all the students were a little surprised not seeing Dumbledore with them. Harry too even knowing that he was away for the Ministry, asked himself what he was doing for not being there for Christmas. For what he knew, it was the first time he did that. However, being Head Boy, he helped the Professors to calm the other students.

After the dinner, he climbed to the common room, sure of finding there Ginny. She wasn't there tough.

So Harry started reading, asking himself where she might had gone. He felt lonely to pass the Christmas Eve all alone in the common room, so his thoughts drifted to Hermione. Some time later, Ginny arrived, and went to seat near him on the couch.

He felt her skin cold, since she had been out in the park for a walk, so he put an arm around her to keep her close and warm her a bit. She eagerly snuggled near him.

After some time, Harry stopped reading, and turned to ask her what she wanted to do, but she captured his lips with her own.

After a moment of shock, Harry stood up abruptly.

“Ginny, I thought you were better than them!” he said angrily.

The redhead looked sad. “I know, Harry. I know. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that. It's just that those days, being alone with you, I got the chance to hang with you a lot more than usual, and my crush, which I thought I'd gotten over of, came back in full force”

Harry's face softened. He knew Ginny was better than the others. It had been only a moment of weakness, not a maliciously planned thing.

Suddenly Ginny spoke again.

“Harry, there's something more I need to tell you”

“Tell me” he said softly, seating again near her.

“Well, one of our girls nights I got drunk, and I need to ask you a favour…”

“What did they make you dare to do, Gin?” he asked patiently, knowing very well how those nights were done. Hermione ahd talked to him about them sometimes in the summer, remembering some embarrassing moments they laughed together about.

“I…have to lose my virginity to you this break!” she said as quickly as she could.

“What? I can't believe you accepted that dare!!” he shouted. He was really upset with her. How could she accept something like that?

“Harry, please. I know I made a mistake, but I was drunk, while they weren't so they will remember that, and…if I don't so this, they are going to make me go naked around the school for one entire day!”

“How could you bet on something like this, Ginny?” Harry said, more in a fatherly tone than in an upset one now. He pitied her, because she had been tricked into something bigger than her.

“Harry, I know this is wrong, but please, help me…I can't embarrass myself going naked around the school…” she said, tears in her eyes. “I would shame my parents…”

Harry sighed deeply, running his hand in his already messy hair, thinking. He knew what he was going to do could ruin his relationship with Hermione and Ron too. But he had this “saving people” thing, after all. And it seemed there wasn't another way out of that situation…

“Ok, Ginny, but this will be the only and last time, understood? I will not accept other things like this one” he said, then reluctantly led her to his dorm.

Then he undressed himself, hugged her entering in the bed, and Ginny kissed him. He opened his mouth not so willingly, then pulled her on top of him, feeling her soft and warm body on his own, and that decreased his self-control. He started kissing her on all her body, making her moaning in a way which made him feel guilty about Hermione. He wanted to stop Ginny, that was totally wrong to do…but then, he was doing that only to help her…

She explored him, then when she was ready, whispered to him. “Harry, please, make love to me!”, so he inserted it in her slowly, breaking her maidenhood and at that she dug her nails in his flesh, tears on her eyes. He consoled her and remained still, then when she told him, he moved again, slow at first, then faster, until she reached her climax.

He never came, but she didn't notice, since she fell asleep in his arms. Harry sighed again.

Next morning, Harry woke up before her, and used this time to put on her a complex Memory Charm, which allowed her to remember the happened, until she would like to speak about it to someone out of the bunch of crazy girls she had as dorm mates. The Charm was like a chain, so her friends would forget it if they tried to spread the news.

Then he got dressed, woke her up and went down to open the gifts. One of this was from Hermione, a maintenance kit especially designed for the Firebolt 2003. When he saw it, he smiled, then opened the Ron's gift: a robe of the Chudley Cannons, their preferred Quidditch team.

A sudden guilty feeling hit him again, thinking again about what he had just done. He decided to told them it when they would return from holidays. He didn't mean to betray their trust but he couldn't let Ginny embarrass herself and her family, too. Could he?


-->

6. Tragedy


Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JKR does.

A/N: Hope you'll like this, we are entering the really interesting part. As usual, if you read, leave a comment, please.

Chapter Six

“Tragedy”

Days passed and Dumbledore didn't return. Harry by now was visibly worried and went to speak with McGonagall. She explained to Harry that Dumbledore was on a mission for the Order, something that only him could do, and the missions he has to take care himself are the more dangerous and requested a lot of time.

He didn't seem convinced, but for the moment was accepting it, but then the professor sighed.

“You are the Head Boy. It is right I say you what I really think. I'm seriously worried for his safety” she admitted. “He's never left us without news for so long. However, I ask you to keep this for yourself”

Harry nodded then left, even more pensive than before. He thought the Transfiguration Professor could reassure him, but she had just worried him more.

***

The day of the return of the students arrived, and Harry went to welcome Ron and Hermione with Ginny. Returning to the castle, he informed them about Dumbledore's disappearance, also with what McGonagall said him. He thought he could trust them to not spread the news, plus Hermione was Head Girl, she needed to know.

Just in the castle, the same Professor called in her office Harry and Hermione, giving them the bad new .

“I say it to you before the others because you are the Heads and I need your help in this. Our loved Headmaster is dead”

“What? Dumbledore…dead?” they exclaimed together, disbelieving.

“Yes, Harry. He was ill, from a long time now, even if it didn't show it on the outside. And this mission, even if successful, has tired him so much that the illness overcome him. Some of the Order members went searching for him and found him almost frozen on the highest peak of the Himalayas, where he duelled with the leader of the Chinese dark wizards to stop them from joining Voldemort” she confirmed, sobbing.

“Harry, you know what this means, don't you?” she added then.

After some moments of silence, Harry nodded gravely.

“Hogwarts is in danger, isn't it? Voldemort will try to conquer the school now and I will have to defend it. Is it right?” he said, his green eyes dark in anger and determination.

McGonagall nodded, while Hermione remained speechless.

“Yes, Harry, only you can kill Voldemort, you know that. And you have to do it, this time, or the next year, without you in the school, it will be easy for him to take over it” The Professor added.

“I will. The moment of revenging many things is arrived” he said, his voice hard, then he stood up, took Hermione's hand, while she was still shocked, and led her out, searching Ron to say the news to him.

The redhead was shocked and worried.

“Oh, shit. Now we are really in trouble”. Just then, “Aaaahh…my arm…”

“It is Voldemort. He is calling the Death Eaters. Resist, Ron, it should pass briefly” Harry said. He had witnessed the Dark Lord calling his servants in the grave after the Triwizard Tournament.

At lunch, McGonagall explained the facts to the school, then she called Harry privately, exempting him from lessons and works. For the time being, she took the Headmaster's place, being the Deputy Headmistress.

At dinner she alerted all the students to not bother him, warning especially the girls that unusual behaviours would be punished with expulsion. It was a time of extreme need and danger, and all should understand that and adequate their behaviour.

Then she left him the possibility to speak.

“I want to announce that Dumbledore's Army is again working. Whoever wants to be recruited, can say it to me or to my friends, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley” then he returned to his seat in the Gryffindor table.

While he was exiting from the Great Hall, Draco neared him.

“If you need something, I will always be here. Remember it” he said.

“Thank you, Draco. For starting, why don't you enter the army yourself? You are quite a powerful wizard, and we need more members as possible, so if you also can convince someone who you think can be useful, I will thank you”

“Ok. For me it isn't a problem. I join the army since now, you can count on me. For the others, I will do my best, but I don't promise you anything. You know, them being Slytherins, I don't think they'll come”

Since that evening, the Army trainings restarted, with many new members, as Harry could notice, and the old members were not so out of training.

Next day, while the others were at lesson, he went in the library with Ron and Hermione, with McGonagall's permit. They searched for all what could regard the existing defences of Hogwarts, and how to avoid them, if necessary.

Harry knew for sure that Voldemort was searching the weak points of the school defence system, and he wanted to learn them too, to be able of patrol them and avoid to be surprised.

They found, but thanks to Hermione they already knew that, that was not possible to Apparate in Hogwarts, but Ron commented that it was possible to do this at Hogsmeade, and then attack the castle from the primary entrance.

“And do you really think that they will attack us so openly? No, Ron, they will do this in a underhand way. We had to consider everything, not only the easiest possibilities” Harry said.

“It is possible to enter and exit from the grounds flying, so they could do this and then start the attack, but being in a great number, the risk of being noticed is high. I did it one time in my griffin form but I was alone”

“When did you do that?” Hermione asked, curious.

“One day, last year, when you two were still together. I was depressed, and flying always cheered me up” he replied dryly.

They continued the researches all morning, then, after lunch, they relaxed a little in the park, chatting. It was still cold, but the day was sunny. Harry remembered that he wanted to tell them about Ginny, so he sighed, mustered all the courage he could, then spoke.

“Listen to me, both of you. I have to tell you a fact happened in the Christmas holidays. You'll have all the rights to be angry at me, but I'm asking for your help, and possibly comprehension on this one”

“What is the problem?” they asked together, clearly worried.

“Ginny is the problem” he said.

“My sister?” Ron asked, hoping Ginny was not again in something like her first year.

Harry nodded then spoke again.

“During the holidays I and she were alone in Gryffindor tower. She behaved normally until the Christmas Eve evening, then, after dinner I didn't saw her”

“She is here, is not been kidnapped. I saw her today” Ron interrupted him.

“I know this, it isn't the problem!” Harry snapped. Here he was trying to say what had happened, and Ron continued interrupting him.

“I started reading, and after a while she arrived. She had gone for a walk in the park, so she was cold. I motioned for her to come near me, in front of the fire, and I held her to warm her a bit. After a while, I stopped reading, and turned toward her, and she kissed me”

“What the hell was she thinking?” Ron muttered angrily. “Well, however it is not your fault” he added then.

“But this is not all, Ron. She said she was sorry, then she told me about a dare she had agreed with her roommates in a girls' night, while she was drunk. She betted to lose her virginity to me in the Christmas break, or go naked in the school for a whole day if she didn't” Harry said, then paused.

Ron and Hermione were speechless. They couldn't believe Ginny had done something like that.

“And so, what happened?” Ron and Hermione asked then, almost together.

“Well, I thought about that. I knew it may ruin my relationship with both of you, but you know me. I couldn't let her be embarrassed that way. So I accepted. I made a mistake, I know. Please, forgive me!” he concluded.

Hermione looked at him, with tears in her eyes.

She nodded to him, taking his hand in her own. She knew Harry would never hurt her on purpose, and even if she did not like sharing him with Ginny, she knew that he did that only to help the younger Weasley. She was not angry at him, on the contrary she was touched for his selflessness. He risked the two things more important for him to help Ginny, Hermione's love and Ron's friendship.

That was the reason for her tears. She was moved by his huge heart.

“Then, on the morning, I put on her a Memory Charm which allows her to remember the fact, but not to tell it to anyone out of her dorm mates. And they won't be able to spread the news, thanks to this charm who works like a chain. I couldn't think anything better to keep it quiet”

“Well, I think this is a brilliant solution. Mission accomplished then” Ron said cheerfully. “I'll need to exchange two words with my sister, tough” he immediately added darkening and he went away.

“Yeah, Harry. Don't worry, I won't consider it a cheat to me, for the conditions in which it happened” Hermione said, hugging him. “You would risk everything to help the others” and another tear crossed her face, thinking about what he did for her the previous year, but also to what he was going to face that year.

Hermione kissed Harry with all the sweetness she was able to, to let him know he was completely forgiven. He eagerly kissed her back.


-->

7. Dumbledore's Army again


Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JKR does. That's why HBP is the way it is…

A/N: Thanks to all of you who have reviewed, that means a lot to me. Please, if you read, review!

Chapter Seven

Dumbledore's Army, again

The only thing that Harry did not drop was playing Quidditch. He had explained McGonagall that he needed it to relax a little, sometimes, and she accepted, so Harry continued leading the trainings as a real captain, now safe also from bad surprises in the showers room.

The team learned very well his tactical teachings, so, after having defeated Slytherin, Harry thought that the way to the Cup would be relative simple. Few weeks later they would have to face Hufflepuff, and it would probably be a pure formality, and then concentrate on the match with Ravenclaw. But now, without Cho as Seeker, that one didn't seem too hard.

Harry felt that distracting a little from the terrible task he had to face could be a good way of freeing his mind, opening it to new ideas, so he dedicated himself with a particular care to his morning exercises, as the run in the park.

***

They arrived to the day of the match with Hufflepuff, that was without story: Ron was an excellent Chaser, who scored avalanches of goals, Dean as Keeper didn't allow anything to pass, and the boys who replaced Alicia, Angelina and the twins didn't let him regret them, as they did the last year too, so he had only to worry to see the Snitch.

When he saw it, with his very fast Firebolt 2003, he easily surpassed his competitor, reaching and catching it. So he finished the match with a record won for Gryffindor: four hundreds fifty to nothing!!

That evening, as usual in the last month, Dumbledore's Army met in the Great Hall, because by now it had as members more than the 70% of the students. Only the first two years were not there, because Harry didn't allow them to join, but for the remaining, the recruitment campaign made by Hermione was a success. Draco had been important, too, convincing many of Slytherins to join, using his leadership on them, but also reminding the sorting hat's prophecy, two years before, which wished cooperation between the houses to fight the fall of Hogwarts. After all, even the Slytherins did not wish for the school to be destroyed.

All of them worked very hard, under Harry's eyes, while he sometimes corrected someone to perfect their technique.

However, everyone by now saw in him the real leader, who would bring them to the won, so nobody mumbled for his methods. Obviously, he also wanted to be trained and fit so he asked Moody to duel with him everyday.

The former Professor accepted, so even Harry had his load of work to do. But after few weeks Moody gave up, saying that he couldn't train him anymore for the simple reason that Harry was already too much better than him. In fact, he lost only the first duel with the old Auror.

Harry, now, had only to correct the others, looking at them. Sometimes he worked with Neville, who was not so good, however he applied himself to the work a lot, and Harry was satisfied the same, because it was what he wanted from them: everyone had to give his best in the battle, then if they would be defeated, at least they would have fought as heroes, for what they believed in. And however, if one would remember the Neville of the first four years, this one was totally another person, now.

The training, usually, was made of first a series of Disarming duels, which could be conducted with every charm they knew. Then there was the conjuring up of the Patronus, in case Voldemort had on his side also the Dementors.

He remembered well he found one of them in the Dark Lord's Headquarters, last year.

On this there were the biggest problems. Ron, Hermione and the old members succeeded soon, having already done it two years before, but the rest of the Army needed more time, so Harry insisted on it for some evenings before going on with the program. When all of them were able to conjure a good Patronus, they returned to the original plan of the training, which was made by the learning of defending from the Unforgivables.

Harry asked the Ministry for the permit, and, in that situation, he obtained it, since Arthur Weasley, the new Minister after Fudge, was surely not going to stop him. In it was helped by Moody, so with two teachers the students could learn quicker. The time was becoming strict, the attack could be in any moment. The results of the group were very good, also for the youngest members, so Harry started another important training, but only for the ones he trusted with his life: how to cast the curses. In it only Hermione, Ron and Draco were involved.

Harry, however, was surprised for the speed the Army learned his teachings. After another week, everyone was ready to fight, and they had only to maintain themselves trained, duelling all the evenings. Moody and McGonagall congratulated with him for the results and the work done, saying they were sure that the Army in every case would keep high the school and Dumbledore's honour. Harry was sure of that, too.

The question was if that would be enough.

In the meanwhile, the researches in the library didn't give big results. For what they had read, and it was very much, Hogwarts had not weak points. However, even if it seemed a good new, Harry was worried. If Voldemort was to find it before them, he could surprise them with his attack, and they had to avoid that at all costs.

Hermione tried to calm him. “If we can't find it, it is probable he can't too. So he would be obliged to attack in the most foreseeable way”

“Yes, using the primary entrance” Ron added. He was sure it was the choice Voldemort would do, since it was the one they would probably overlook as too easy to predict.

Harry, however, was not convinced. He knew the better way would have been to let Ron go to the Death Eaters meetings, as a spy. But he did not want to risk his friend's life. There was Snape, but since Dumbledore had died, the Potion Master had chose to not go to the Death Eaters meetings anymore, without the Headmaster protection, so restarting it now would equal signing his own death.

After a little silence, he stood up, a revelation hit him.

“It is obvious! Passing through the Forbidden Forest, nobody would see them! Probably this will be what he will do!”

“But Harry, the Forest is dangerous. The risk of losing men is high…” Ron commented

“And you think Voldemort will worry for this? He doesn't care about human lives he may lose in his project. Plus, he doesn't know we are so prepared. Obviously he imagines we are preparing something for the defence, but not at this level” Harry replied, and Hermione was a little more convinced, hearing that.

Harry, however, was still worried.

“What if he is waiting the end of the term to attack? I promised to defend the school, but if I am not still here, how can I do it?”. These words terrified Ron and Hermione.


-->

8. Preparations


Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JKR does. That's why HBP is the way it is…

A/N: Thanks to all of you who have reviewed, that means a lot to me. Please, if you read, review!

Chapter Eight

“Preparations”

Harry's fears, however, were calmed few days later, when on the “Daily Prophet” an article appeared, reporting movements of great quantities of Death Eaters, proven by the destruction trail, directed to Hogwarts.

It was near the half of February, and finally there were some clues of the Dark Lord's activity. Harry dedicated totally to organize the defence, dividing the members of the Army in groups, assigning to each group a park zone to defend, once the attack was started.

He recommended every day to not spare the use of the hardest hexes they knew, because the Death Eaters wouldn't be softer seeing an army of students fighting them.

After that, he left the members free for that evening to give them a bit of relax, since they had been under a strong pressure for many days. He went in the Gryffindor common room. There he distracted himself a little taking care of his Firebolt 2003 with the specific kit Hermione gave him, then he went to bed.

Next morning he went to run alone, without waiting Hermione, starting before and finishing later than usual. He wanted to be completely fit, so he trained himself harder and longer. For this reason he didn't wait Hermione: that training was really hard and he didn't want to charge her too much, and he didn't want to stress her too much. That was his battle after all. He was the one with Hogwarts destiny on his shoulders.

So she observed him from a window, smiling proudly but also worried. Even if she knew about the Prophecy, that didn't keep her from wanting to help him till the end.

For not stressing too much the Army, Harry gave them another free evening after a long and heavy evening of training, so Draco took the opportunity to speak with him.

“Harry, I know how much you feel the responsibility of the battle, and I hope to not offend you, but I want to say you one thing: even if you trained us perfectly, and now we are at an excellent level, I don't think we can win this time” the boy said sadly.

“Draco, I know that all of you are worried, I'm too, but we have to win, in a way or another. We can't let Voldemort destroying all the good things that we have in the magic world. If we lose this battle, it would be all finished! We have to fight for that, at the best we can, and never lose hope”. He patted Draco on the shoulder to reassure him, but inside, he knew what Draco had said was really close to reality.

“Right! We can't allow it!” a voice behind them said. It was Ginny Weasley. Ginny had been one of the best in the practices, and Harry was really proud of her. He hugged her and ruffled a bit her hair. “This is the spirit I want from every one of you, Gin. See, Draco, how my little sister is taking this?”

Ginny, hearing Harry calling her “his little sister”, blushed and smiled.

Harry returned with her in the common room, where he started studying the Hogwarts map, wondering if he had covered all the accesses to the castle from the park, with his groups disposition.

After a three hour meditation, he asked Hermione to accompany him for a walk. He needed to relax a bit.

She accepted, so they crossed the painting and started wandering in the castle, in the passages, chatting a lot. Speaking with her was very useful for Harry, for clearing his mind from the worries.

Not that evening though.

“Harry, do you think we will succeed?” she asked.

“Of course, luv. We have to. We can't let Voldemort win. I will not allow him to take Hogwarts, my real home” he said, with strong determination. Voldemort had taken a lot from him, but not Hogwarts. He would not let him win.

He hugged her, looking firmly in her eyes.

“Do you trust me?” he asked her, seeing her was not so hopeful.

“Of course I trust you, Harry, but…”

“If you trust me, trust that we will triumph” he interrupted her, then he kissed her passionately, searching her tongue and feeling going insane at everyone of her moans. For her and with her he would face everything.

“On the other hand”, he thought, “I had already faced him many times, and every time I succeeded in defeating him, or at least in not being killed. This time would not be different.”

Definitely, Harry was waiting the start of the battle, sure, maybe a little unconsciously, that this time he would had closed all the bills with Voldemort, in the good or in the bad way.

Many days passed, and the attack didn't arrive. In the meanwhile, another bad article on him was published.

Hogwarts defense led by Harry Potter

By Grace Meddlers

We have heard that the castle of Hogwarts, if attacked by the Death Eaters, like it seems probable seeing where the Dark Lord's followers are heading, is going to be defended by students led by the Head Boy, Harry Potter. Surely you'll remember the article I wrote on the boy this summer, underlining all his bad traits, that don't make him a good Head Boy. It is clear that he is not good to lead the defense of the castle, too, for the same reasons.

I wonder why Headmistress McGonagall had assigned the boy on that, instead of calling the Aurors. Surely, the Ministry would be more prepared to face Death Eaters than the students.

A little upset for the article, Harry went down for breakfast, where everyone reasserted their esteem for him, despite the article. Harry thought that Draco, a couple of years before, would have used it for months to insult him, and smiling for that thought, he said hello to Ron and Hermione, and sat down near them. Draco was now one of his best friends, and if a Slytherin dared to say something against him, well, it would be better for him to be able to Disapparate before Draco could hex him into oblivion.

When the owl mail arrived, he received a letter, from the Minister.

“Dear Harry,

I want to reassert my trust

in you; this is the trust of

the all Ministry; don't let that

Meddlers disturb you;

I will take care or her.

However, I've decided to send

some Aurors to help.

Arthur Weasley

Harry, grateful, put the letter away and went to prepare for the morning duels. By now the lessons were only in the afternoon, giving Harry a larger freedom of training the Army.

He asked himself if he would be able to confirm the expectations all of them had on him. However, a look in the Hermione's eyes, full of love and admiration, gave back to him all the needed certainty.


-->

9. The Battle


Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JKR does. That's why HBP is the way it is…

A/N: Thanks to all of you who have reviewed, that means a lot to me. Please, if you read, review!

Chapter Nine

“The Battle”

It was the beginning of March, when Harry, going down for the breakfast, didn't see any Professor in the Great Hall. Immediately, he worried and climbed running the staircases, going to his dorm to take the Marauder's Map. Going upstairs, he met Ron and Hermione, and took them with him.

Then, looking at the map, he saw all the points of the Professors in the Hagrid's hut; he looked out of the window, and he saw two Death Eater near the Forest.

Immediately he gave the signal of emergency, which he had established some days before, making a small ball glow in the DA members' pockets and in less than ten minutes, all the Dumbledore's Army was in the park, divided into the assigned groups, going to occupy the assigned zones.

The grounds were now full of Death Eaters, so the battle exploded immediately. Harry took Hermione with him, firm in wanting to defend her personally until their death, and went in the middle of the battle, running toward two Death Eaters who were trying to enter the castle. He stroke them down.

“Avada Kedavra” he cried twice, and both of them fell down, without life. Then he directed himself on the hut, for trying to free the Professors, but a Death Eater attacked them putting a “Cruciatus Curse” on Hermione.

Harry succeeded in covering her just in time, and he was hit in her place. But he was able to disconnect his mind from his body, as Moody had taught him the previous year, so he didn't feel pain. Then he attacked the enemy.

“Incendio” he said, and the Death Eater started to burn alive, suffering a lot and screaming till he died. Harry went away, bringing Hermione with him.

She was scared, more for the curse Harry had had to suffer than for the battle. Se cried, but tried the same of being useful. She was so shaken by seeing Harry under the Cruciatus, that her aim was very bad. Harry stopped and looked her firmly in her eyes.

He tried to reassure her with soothing words, then encouraged her.

“It's okay, Mione. It's all going to be ok. Come on, luv. Both of us know you can fight in an excellent way. Let's kick their ass, ok?” She nodded and smiled feebly.

“Avada Kedavra” she cried on an enemy who was nearing them, this time hitting and killing him.

“Now it is better” Harry commented, grinning, then they left again, trying to reach the hut, where the Professors were kept prisoners.

However, the Death Eaters were an huge quantity, and their task seemed desperate. Harry proceeded without pauses, striking down more enemies he could, but the walk to the hut was very slow. He started to discourage himself, when he heard something like Dumbledore's voice in his head.

“Harry, you have to continue to fight. If you who are their leader get discouraged, what will the others do? Look around yourself, Harry and see what kind of perfect army you created. But this army needs a guide, Harry, and you are that one. You need to give the example, continuing to fight” then it gave him an advice on how to kill Voldemort, when he would appear.

When the voice disappeared, Harry looked around smiling. His companions were really fighting as heroes, with all their energies. He didn't wanted to delude them, so he moved again to attack, killing enemies in a continuous rhythm, now efficiently helped by Hermione, who had regained her courage.

Finally they succeeded in reaching the hut, after having killed the Death Eaters guardians, and entered. They enervated all the Professors, who were stunned, explained them briefly the situation, and the Professors reacted in different ways, then, just after they were ready, all of them went out of the hut, returning on the battle field. McGonagall was particularly furious about having “her” school under attack and being stunned while fighting enraged.

Just when Harry and Hermione restarted the battle, in the distance, a big chariot with flying horses appeared. Harry recognized it for the Beauxbatons' chariot.

“Fleur” he immediately thought, happy that the girl had received his letter in which he had asked some help. In fact, just as the chariot landed, a delegation of Beauxbatons went out of it and started to fight with the Hogwarts students. Fleur, who was in the French school staff, and Madame Maxime instead, reached Harry to say hello to him and to be informed about the situation. After few exchanged sentences, they also went fighting. The half giantess joined Hagrid in defeating the Death Eaters also with their hands, punching and slapping them.

In the meanwhile, seeing the Professors fighting with them exalted the Hogwarts students, who now were putting in crisis the enemies, who clearly didn't expect a similar resistance from them.

Ron was leading his group with a special courage, seemingly wanting to delete the fault of having been recruited the previous year. Under his spells and curses, the Death Eaters fell down continuously, and Neville, although with less accuracy, gave his best against the companions of who obliged his parents in St. Mungo's Hospital.

In the same way, Draco didn't accept to be as his father, and he didn't hesitate to kill him when he found him before himself. Everyone was trying to do their best, and Harry was proud of them.

A group of people entered the grounds, wands in hand. The Aurors that Arthur had promised to send as help had arrived, and immediately started fighting the Death Eaters still alive. More followers of Voldemort were arriving from the Forest, so the battle was still raging. The Dementors too started entering the battle from the Forest.

Now, freed the Professors and received the two helps he was waiting, Harry started to look for who was in difficulties, as some Beauxbatons boys, attacked by two Dementors. Harry eliminated them without problems, conjuring his stag Patronus, then it was Seamus to need help, with a particularly cruel Death Eater , who put on him three times the “Cruciatus”.

“Try it on me, if you have the guts” Harry challenged the man.

“With a great pleasure, Potter…Crucio!” but the curse hadn't effect on Harry, as usual. Then Harry killed him. A loud cry however froze him.

He turned and saw Hermione attacked by two enemies, who enjoyed torturing her. This made Harry's blood boil.

“Incendio”, he cried twice, and both of them yelled in pain, being burnt alive. It satisfied Harry, who smirked and ran to see how Hermione was doing.

“How are you, luv?” he asked. She smiled feebly. “Quite well, Harry, don't worry” she replied.

The two of them went to save Ginny, who was facing a Dementor.

“E-Expecto Pa-Patronum” the youngest Weasley cried, but without effect.

“Expecto Patronum” Hermione yelled, and a beautiful, big, silver otter destroyed the dementor.

Harry nodded at her turned to go and help Draco, who was attacked by three Death Eaters.

“Protego” the boy kept crying to protect himself, but he could not resist for a long time. “Stupefy” Harry cried rapidly three times, so they were stunned. Now that the three men were easy targets, he left them to Draco.

Draco nodded to him as a thank you and killed them without thinking two times about that. By now the Death Eaters were almost all on the ground, dead, while between the good guys, only twenty were dead. Three were of Beauxbatons, and the others from Hogwarts.

There was one girl of the second year, Colin and Dennis Creevey, Susan Bones, Blaise Zabini, Lavender Brown and Ernie McMillan that Harry knew personally. But he knew that the battle was not finished yet. When the Dark Lord would arrive, he was the only one who would have some chances of defeating him.

Ron neared them, and suggested to Harry and Hermione to escape, bravely facing the Dark Lord instead of Harry, but he refused, then he saw the well-known thin shape going up the park.

Voldemort had arrived.

“Congratulations, Potter. You organized well the defence, I'll admit that. I didn't think you were able to do such a good work. But this will not save you and the school. Ah, I see the traitor is here with us…very well. Avada Kedavra!” suddenly cried on Ron, who fell down dead. “And now, the Mudblood!” then he pointed his wand on Hermione, crying again: “Avada Kedavra!” on her.

Harry tried to cover her, but he was a moment late, and he saw her body touch the ground, and there it stayed, motionless. He felt a strong pain start to eat him from inside, but he had no time to think about it now.

The final duel was about to start.


-->

10. The final duel


Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JKR does. That's why HBP is the way it is…

A/N: Thanks to those who have reviewed. Hope you'll like this too. If you read, please leave a comment, ok? That makes me happy…

Chapter Ten

“The Final Duel

Seeing Hermione falling down, Harry put a sudden “Cruciatus” on Voldemort, who fell down shouting for the unexpected pain. Harry took advantage of this, and kneeled down on her, with a tear crossing his face. Then he stood up, ready to fight, but the Dark Lord was already with the wand pointed on him. Harry was still shocked for Hermione, and felt so useless and powerless.

“Go on, kill me. It is what you want, isn't it?”

“Not so easily, Potter. You will have to suffer a lot, paying all the times you stopped me. Crucio!”

Harry disconnected his mind from his body, didn't suffered anything, and he regained the lucidity needed to fight, understanding that Hermione would not want him to surrender and fail the whole Wizarding World, then returned in his body.

“Haven't you noticed yet I know how to avoid the “Cruciatus” effects? You delude me, Tom”

“Sod off, Potter! Prepare to die, this time. You know you have to die”

“It's funny! This is the sixth time we face each other, you always said you were killing me, and I am still there, completely sane, ready to destroy you. It is arrived the moment of closing many bills, Tom Riddle. Prepare yourself to meet your end” Harry said, enraged as never in his life, his green eyes dark and menacing, purposefully calling his enemy in the way he hated the most.

“Avada Kedavra!” Voldemort yelled, full of rage. The boy not only had stopped him six times, but still was not afraid of him, something he based his power on.

Harry jumped out of the green light way, then he counterattacked. “Incendio”

Voldemort's robes took fire, then, after a moment of surprise, the Dark Lord cried. “Pluvio”.

“Good try, Potter, but this would be useful with someone else, not with me. Inverto! And now how are you, upside-down, Potter?”

“I'm not upside-down, Voldemort. You really thought I couldn't be able to overcome a Confundus Charm? With who are you thinking to duel with?” he replied.

“Expelliarmus!” Harry said, but this charm didn't work well, and even if Voldemort fell down, his wand remained in his hand. The Dark Lord stood up, then put an “Imperius” on Harry, who was able to resist, casting a Japanese curse on him. “Hara Kiri” he cried, but Voldemort was able to reflect it on the boy. If the curse had hit, the Dark Lord would have been kneeling on the ground, pushing his wand in his stomach like it was a sword, and indescribable pain would take him to madness.

Now it was Harry who was on his knees, ready to try the Japanese suicide with the sword, when he thought: “I have not a sword, I have a wand. I can not do this” and stood up.

Voldemort's smirk vanished, replaced by anger.

“Why do you don't understand finally that this time for you it is the end, Potter? Let's finish this duel: Avada Kedavra!”

Harry defended himself another time, jumping away, then he counterattacked. Around them, students and Professors, having destroyed all the Death Eaters, were now looking the duel in silence, worried for Harry and their future.

Voldemort took advantage of Harry being on the ground, jumping out of the Killing Curse way, to attack him.

“Incido!” he cried, and many lights erupted from his wand, and hit Harry.

McGonagall was staring at Harry to try to understand his conditions, the boy had several gashes on his body, blood dripping from them. From the guy depended all the future of the magic world, and he was now so badly injured. However Snape helped Harry, casting an Healing Spell on him, making the gashes less painful.

“Don't mess with me, Snape!” the Dark Lord hissed menacingly, but couldn't attack the Professor because Harry was attacking him.

Harry, unaware of the others' looks, was concentrated only on his enemy, both of them defending themselves and counterattacking, in a rhythm which would have worn out everyone, but not him.

He was burning with the desire of revenging his parents, Cedric, Ron and Hermione destroying Voldemort. He owed them that, and couldn't wait anymore.

“Potter, I have to admit that your bravery is enviable, and also your skills, but this will not save you. You remember the Prophecy, don't you? One of us has to die, and this will be you. I can't die” then he laughed evilly.

Suddenly, Harry remembered Dumbledore's voice suggestion.

“Here's where you are wrong, Tom. You can die. Do you remember when I kept you far from the Sorcerer Stone? Well, in that moment you lost the opportunity of becoming immortal. Now you have a weak point, and I will exploit it”

The Dark Lord, at those words, laughed loud.

“It is useless to deceive yourself, Potter. You cannot destroy me”, but without answering him, Harry cried “Accio Sword” thinking about the Godric Gryffindor's sword in Dumbledore's office.

After some seconds the sword arrived, and Harry caught it. Then he looked Voldemort directly in his face, and decided to use his secret weapon, which he had showed to nobody, yet.

He vanished and moved like an invisible ghost just behind the Dark Lord, then before he could move, he froze him. When his body was on the ground, Harry reappeared, looking him with hatred.

“Surprised, Tom? You didn't know I can do this, did you? Well, let me explain why I can. The deep love for Hermione made my spirit grow stronger and stronger, and now I can change myself to pure spirit when I need, but still corporeal enough to use a wand. And now we are at the end of the trip, Tom, aren't we? Let your faithful Death Eaters know the truth, then. Tell them you are an Half Blood like me. Tell them you're not the pureblood you claim to be.”

The captured Death Eaters were shocked by the news. They didn't want to believe it.

And then, with a firm hit he cut away his nemesis's head, killing him in a non-magical way, as Dumbledore's voice had suggested. In fact he was not immortal even if a magical killing would destroy his body, leaving his soul ready to return, as he already did one time. But he could not survive to a death in non-magical way, because he despised Muggles and their ways of doing things, thinking them inferior, and did not protect himself from that.

Done this, he fell on his knees, dragging himself first on Ron's body, hugging it affectively, mourning the friend so courageously dead. Then he moved to Hermione, the one who pained him the most, hugging her body to his own, kissing her on her cheek softly, whispering her incoherently.

“Hermione…please, don't die…don't leave me alone…Hermione…”. He remained a lot crying on her, then, when he was finally standing up, ready to take her body in his arms and bring it in the castle, it glowed a pure white light. All the present looked at her body in awe, while Harry was disbelieving.

Finally, she opened her eyes. Harry was refilled with joy, so he hugged her keeping her close to him, brushing his lips on hers. He felt her mouth disclosing, and his did the same.

Then he pulled her even closer, wanting to feel her body on his own. They remained this way a long time, while around them the guys were rejoicing, and the Professors looked at them touched, everyone, from McGonagall to Snape, passing through Flitwick, Hagrid, and even Trewlaney and Moody.

When they stood up, Harry supported her, going toward the castle, because he wanted to bring her in the Hospital wing, still asking himself how was it possible. Dumbledore's voice answered him.

“She was saved by the same thing which saved you sixteen years ago: Love, Harry. Your mother loved you, and died trying to protect you, so you was saved. Now, you loved her, and for her so many times you risked your life. Every time you were ready to die for her, her protection increased. So we can say YOU saved her simply loving her, as once you destroyed Voldemort, the love for her had the upper hand and revived her”

Harry was still disbelieving, when she spoke.

“Thank you, Harry! You saved me again. You saved all of us. However, I don't want to go to the Hospital wing, I'm fine”

“No, Hermione. At least one night you have to stay there. But I won't leave you alone, I will be there with you all the night” he said softly.

Then, after having left her to Madame Pomfrey, he went in the Great Hall, to have a quick dinner, taking also something for her to eat. Here everyone wanted to congratulate with him, especially the teachers, but he quickly dismissed them as he wanted to go back to Hermione.


-->

11. Last months at Hogwarts


Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JKR does. That's why HBP is the way it is…

A/N: Hope you'll like this. I surely enjoyed writing it. Please review!

Chapter Eleven

“Last months at Hogwarts”

Next day, for the first time in three months, Harry went to lesson, and his entrance in the classroom was welcomed by a rumble of cheers. He blushed, while the little Professor Flitwick was smiling at him. Harry followed the lessons a little embarrassed, while Hermione was looking very fondly at him, entwining her fingers with his own.

The morning went on calm, apart for too much people staring at him. That was something he had never liked. At lunch, then, he wanted to make a speech to thank everyone for helping in the battle. He also wanted to remember the dead mates.

Harry said that Dumbledore surely would have certainly appreciated their behaviour, and bravery, if he were there in that moment. And probably, he was saying just that to them, in Heaven.

Since a lot of people had seen Hermione hit by the Killing Curse, and still being alive with them, Harry decided to give them a short explanation of how that had been possible, after that a lot of people had been questioning that to them. They had agreed to do that not for making their love public, after all that was already well known, but to show how Love could defeat the Darkness and teach a lesson to the younger students.

Then, he finished his speech with a question to the new Headmaster, McGonagall.

“Professor, I have a curiosity. Who is the man at your left?”

“I'm happy you asked me, Harry, because he is here for you. He is the secretary of the Minister of Magic. He wanted to come himself, but he had other tasks to attend, to control all the celebrations after Voldemort's death. As you have seen in your fourth year during the World Cup, wizards need to be controlled when in great numbers, to prevent them to reveal our world. This man is here to give you an award in place of the Minister”

“An award? To me? But I have only done my duty”

“Mr. Potter, I introduce myself, I'm Adam McBell. And sincerely I don't think killing the Dark Lord is a simple duty for wizard just in age. So, I agree with the Minister to assign you the Merlin Order First Class! Congratulations!”

Harry accepted the award without words, while in the Hall the enthusiasm exploded. All of the students were very happy for him.

“Well, now that I had received this award, I want to dedicate it to a person who isn't more between us, a special person, my dead friend Ron Weasley” Harry said, and a tear crossed his face.

After the award ceremony, there was a special banquet, at the end of which, everyone went to relax in the park. Harry and Hermione were the last to exit the Great Hall, after a long, passionate kiss.

She put one arm on his back, then she pulled him at her, brushing his lips with hers, and Harry opened his mouth, welcoming there her tongue. Then he went on her neck, kissing her here, and making her moan, also leaving there a mark. Then he searched another time her lips.

After that, they stood up, and taking each other's hand, they went on the grounds, where everyone cheered them as “The Man-who-destroyed-Voldemort” and “The Woman-Who-Was-Revived”, while they were walking. They blushed and smiled to their mates.

When they reached the shadow of a tree, they sat down, alone, she leaning her head on his chest, remaining there, telling each other the fears they felt during the battle. Draco arrived with Lavender, congratulating with Harry for his award, and apologizing once more for the past years insults.

“I believed you were famous without having done nothing, and I didn't suffer it, but last year and this one proved me wrong”

“It's all right, Draco, don't worry. By the way, how are the two of you doing?”

“Very well, thanks. I couldn't have asked for a better person near me” the boy said, looking lovingly at his girlfriend, who returned the gesture. They all started chatting a lot, until they had to run in the dungeons, for not making Snape get angry. Their double Potions lesson was starting in that moment, they had lost track of time.

However, the Professor said nothing for their little late, only motioning for them to sit. The war times with Harry were by now very far in the past, plus now his favourite student was friend with him, so he didn't punish them.

***

Lessons went on calmly until the Easter holidays. Harry and Hermione dedicated them to stay together as more as possible, because between a problem and the other, that year they had given little space to their intimacy.

One evening, Harry brought Hermione in his dorm, where they would be alone, and he locked the door. Then he put one arm around her waist, the other on her neck, pulling her to him. He kissed her on the lips, then after they explored each other's mouth with their tongues, he went down her neck, and while he was kissing her, he started unbuttoning her shirt. She did the same, and few seconds later, she was in bra and her hands were brushing his chest, wandering there. Harry moaned, then he went a little more down, kissing her between her breasts. She whispered softly his name while he undid her bra, discarding it.

He started playing with her nipples, kissing them, biting them softly, then going down in the valley between her breasts again, she then pushed him on the bed and started kissing him on his chest, then she arrived to his trousers, unbuttoned them and unzipped his fly, then discarded them.

He remained only with his boxers, with his arousal really evident. She touched it through the fabric, while he was fumbling with her jeans. Finally he discarded them and then he hooked his fingers in her panties. When he had taken them off, he brushed one finger on her opening, finding her really wet and making her shiver.

“Go on Harry, please…Don't tease me…”

And so they made love to each other.

They continued in that way until they didn't climax, together, then they took their breath, cuddling close to each other.

After a while Hermione broke the silence. “I never liked it more than tonight, Harry. You were wonderful” she said cheekily and tiredly, then kissed him softly.

“It should be because I had a crazy desire of you. It was so long time we didn't…” he replied, kissing her again.

“Definitely too much…” she said.

After a little they fell asleep. Next morning, Harry woke up particularly happy and rested. He looked around, and saw Hermione looking back at him with her wonderful cinnamon eyes.

“Good morning, love…do you want to go running?” he asked. She nodded so they got dressed and went running around the lake and the Quidditch pitch. Then they had a shower, and finally went in the Great Hall for breakfast.

***

Few weeks later, the burial of Ron took place at Ottery St. Cathpole. Harry and Hermione had been given the permit to go from McGonagall, so they Flooed to the Burrow, where the Weasley family was reunited.

Soon, they moved to go and attend to the ceremony. Harry, the Weasleys and Hermione were in the first rows. Molly sobbed loudly all the time for her lost son, and Hermione cried too, clinging to Harry.

Finally the moment of the eulogy arrived. Harry went to read the short speech he had prepared.

“We are here to commemorate a great friend. I met him on my first ride on the Hogwarts Express, when I knew nothing of the Wizarding World, and many times he explained me all the tricks of our ambient. We often joked, and he was really loyal, even if looking at him eating was a bit upsetting” he smiled, while the crowd chuckled.

“He was fun to be with, and he died defending what he believed in. For this, and many other things, we will never forget you, Ron” he concluded looking at the sky, a single tear rolling down his cheek. Then, he returned on Hermione's side.

After the ceremony, Harry was with Ron's brothers, bringing the casket to be buried. Then, he went to console Molly, who was still sobbing loudly, helped in that by her husband, Arthur.

***

The end of the term was nearing, and with it the N.E.W.T.s. They studied a lot together in the library, or in their private common room, and Harry felt he had never been happier. However, there was still something to take care of.

One day, Hermione went to their common room alone since Harry claimed he had something to do. She left her books on a table, and was relaxing a bit, when she heard a tapping on the window.

She turned and saw Hedwig with a piece of parchment. She opened the window, amused, and the snowy owl entered, flying to the table. Then she nibbled at her finger softly.

“Hedwig, Harry is not here. Would you like to leave it to me?” Hermione said. Hedwig hooted to her, as to say it was ok. So, Hermione took the piece of parchment. And…

Suddenly, a perfect red rose appeared in her hand. She smiled, imagining it was from Harry, and read the note.

Luv, meet me on the Astronomy Tower at 7.00

Harry”

Hermione checked the time, and saw it was already a quarter past six, so she hurried in her room to prepare.

She took a shower, using her favourite shampoo, one that she knew for sure Harry loved too. It had a scent of peaches and vanilla.

Then, she chose her outfit for the evening and went to meet her beau.

When Harry saw her entering the tower, his jaw dropped. He knew she was beautiful, but her clothes underlined the fact. She had a spaghetti strap black top which left a big portion of her back bare, it had also a V low cut that exalted her cleavage. And her jeans clutched her body perfectly, exalting her hips and nicely shaped bottom.

“Hermione…you're simply…stunning…” he managed to say, going to greet her properly, with a deep kiss.

She giggled. “You look quite handsome yourself, Harry” she said, looking at him appreciatively. He had jeans and dark green shirt, that exalted his eyes.

“So, why did you ask me to meet you here?” she asked, really curious. Harry smiled.

“I've a nice dinner for the two of us planned in Hogsmeade” he said, showing her his Firebolt 2003.

She smiled warmly at him, and went on the broom behind him, keeping herself on his waist. He took off, and in few minutes they were in the village. He escorted her to a nice restaurant he had discovered some time ago.

They ate chatting lovely, then, on their way back, Harry led her to a secluded area. Then, he went on one knee, pulling out of his pocket a small box.

“Hermione Eleanor Granger, will you marry me?” he asked, opening the box. In it there was a ring, made of white gold and with a single well-cut diamond sparkling in the starlight.

Hermione had tears in her eyes. In the last times, she had been thinking about marriage, but having Harry proposing to her was beyond her imagination for the night. She was not able to speak, but her reply was clear to him when she flung herself on him kissing him fiercely.

“I take that for a yes, then” he said smiling, while they parted. She nodded. “Yes, Harry, I'll marry you”.

***

The new of their engagement flew in the castle, and all their friends congratulated with them. Finally, the exams arrived.

The commission didn't want to examine him, they wanted to give him the best marks in all the subjects, but he asked them to have a normal exam.

He obtained the best marks after Hermione, who took the best grades in everything, while he was not at the top in History of Magic. Now he could start to study for becoming a successful Auror with Hermione.

This gave him the opportunity to think about Ron, who wanted to be with them to be the best trio in the Aurors' history. Ron, who was killed cold bloodedly by Voldemort. He revenged him, as all the people who were killed by the Dark Lord and his followers, but still this did not give him his best male friend back.

His wandering and sad thoughts were interrupted by Hermione, who showed him a list of invited people for their wedding, which she wanted him to read to give his approval.

He looked her, smiled, then started reading the list, grateful for the interruption.


-->

12. The Wedding


Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JKR does. That's why HBP is the way it is…

A/N: I really loved writing this chapter, so I really hope you enjoy it. Please review, even if you don't.

Chapter Twelve

“The Wedding”

Harry approved the list of invitations, then they took their trunks and went to the Hogwarts Express, which would bring them definitely away from the school in which for seven years they had lived every kind of adventures. On the train, they took a compartment only for them, to discuss in peace the details of the wedding. Hermione was eager to marry him, and was really excited, so she spoke.

“My parents will give us an old family manor to celebrate the wedding in. It is in Manchester” she said. Harry nodded.

They passed the travel discussing about this, then when they arrived, they were welcomed by her parents. To prepare better all the business, Harry was to stay with them in their house until the wedding.

The first thing they did the next day was to go to take the dresses for him and her. It took all the day, especially for hers.

“However it was good spent time, Hermione. You really looked like a Princess in that dress,” her mother stated while going back to their home.

Next day was dedicated to write the invitations, inclosing in some of them the request for being groomsman or bridesmaid. Plus, they added also the whole list of the bridesmaids and of the groomsmen, disposed in couples.

Ginny, Draco, Lav, the twins, Fleur, Alicia Spinnet saw owls arriving with a cream coloured envelope, with an invitation:

“Mr. and Mrs. Granger

request the honour of your presence

at the wedding of her daughter,

Hermione Eleanor

With

Harry Potter

Saturday, 1st August 1997

At the four o'clock in the afternoon

Ceremony and reception at

Granger Manor, Manchester

An answer is wished”

Plus, there was the request of being groomsman or bridesmaid, with the following list:

Best man: Sirius Black

Maid of Honour: Ginny Weasley

Groomsman#1: George Weasley

Bridesmaid#1: Alicia Spinnet

Groomsman#2: Bill Weasley

Bridesmaid#2: Fleur Delacour

Groomsman#3: Draco Malfoy

Bridesmaid#3: Lavender Brown

Groomsman#4: Fred Weasley

Bridesmaid#4: Katie Bell

All of the ones who received the request were happy to take part in their wedding; Ginny, especially, was touched for the important role they gave her. All the wedding party met some days before the wedding at Granger Manor, to prepare adequately.

The dresses for the groomsmen and the bridesmaids were chosen, as the music and the singer. the manor Chapel was decorate with many flowers; they made the tests of what they had to do, and how they had to dispose in the church and then around the newlyweds; also the songs were tried.

Nothing was left to the case, and Harry was happy all went well. He knew how much Hermione took care of the perfection, and he didn't want think about her reaction if anyone or anything would ruin her wedding.

They arrived this way to the evening before the wedding, and after the dinner there were the parties for Harry and Hermione leaving the celibacy.

Both of them didn't know what the groomsmen and the bridesmaids organized for them. They were brought in two different places, in Wizarding Manchester, passing there their last night as singles.

Harry, on the beginning, thought the party was based only on alcohol. He and his groomsmen drank a lot, then suddenly, he remained alone, and after a little four wonderful women appeared, totally naked; between them there was also Hanna; they undressed him, then started kissing him on all his body; Hanna started grinding her body on his one, winking at him.

After a couple of hours, they returned to the castle. Harry was a bit shocked for the stag party, and a little too cheerful, as he had drunk a bit too much.

Hermione received a similar party. First, a lot of alcohol, then two strip teasers who, after the strip, undressed her, exploring her body with their hands and mouths. The difference was that Harry had the women all for himself, while Hermione had to share the men with the bridesmaid, especially Katie and Alicia who were eager to shag with them.

Next day, the wedding party woke up early to made some photos and to complete the preparations. Finally, at three o'clock p.m. they transferred in the church. Slowly the guests arrived, between them also Snape and even the Dursleys, obliged to take part to the wedding by Dudley.

At four o'clock, the music started, and Harry entered the church, visibly nervous, waiting for his bride to come.

Soon the Wedding March sounded and she appeared, her father on her arm, walking down the aisle.

She really seemed a princess, like her mother had said, wearing a white dress that exalted her slender figure, white roses in her head, some tendrils of her hair pinned in place by them and some framing her face. In the light coming in the room her dress sparkled as it had many of the tiniest diamonds inserted in the texture.

Harry looked at her transfixed. During all her trip they had their eyes locked, and she smiled at him. Once there, he took her hand and kissed it.

Then the ceremony started.

“Hermione Granger, do you want to take the here present Harry Potter as your husband?” the priest said.

“Yes, I do” she answered, staring at him, her eyes full of love.

“And do you want, Harry Potter, to take the here present Hermione Granger as your wife?”

“Yes, I do” he replied, firmly.

“Exchange the wedding rings”. Sirius provided them, and after they did it, while the Grangers were touched, as many others in the church, the priest spoke again.

“The groom can kiss the bride”. Harry didn't let him repeat it, and he kissed her passionately, then there was an deafening clapping of hands.

Returned to the castle, the reception started. There were many complex dishes.

“You know, Harry, I didn't see so much to eat since your parents' wedding,” Sirius joked, and all of them laughed.

After having eaten, the dances started, with Harry and Hermione in the centre of the hall, starting it looked by everyone, then they divided, to follow the tradition and going to dance he with the bridesmaids, she with the groomsmen.

The first dancing with him was Ginny, still touched, who wasn't able to say anything but that she was happy for him, crying. The other bridesmaids, also, congratulated with him, as the groomsmen did with Hermione.

“When this summer I wrote you if you were trying the life after the wedding, I was joking! I didn't think you was really thinking about that!” Draco said her teasingly.

“And now you see we were serious. By the way, thoughts of marriage for you and Lav?” she asked him smiling.

He blushed but didn't answer, betraying his desires.

Then the ceremony of throwing the bouquet ensued.

Lav caught it, while Draco snatched the garter that Harry threw.

Hermione and her husband winked at them, while Draco swung his girlfriend around happily.

Finally, at a very late hour, all the guests were gone away, and Harry and Hermione remained finally alone.


-->

13. New LIfe


Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JKR does. That's why HBP is the way it is…

A/N: So this ride is finished. I loved it, hope you did too. See you in September with some new fics, one to avenge our ship so badly mistreated in HBP. It will be my view on seventh book. Till then, good holidays, people!

Chapter Thirteen

“New Life”

When they remained alone, Harry took her hand and led her in their room, where she locked the door, then kissed him, pulling him close to her. So close that their bodies were strictly one on the other. Their mouths opened together, and their tongues started clashing. He tried to undo her corset, but he was so impatient that he didn't succeed in it. She grinned, then helped him, starting then to unbutton his white shirt, passing her hands on his flat and well designed chest. In the meanwhile, they were still linked in a extremely long kiss.

Harry finally discarded her corset, discovering her breasts, he went down to kiss and touch them. She moaned his name, feeling him licking her nipples, then she unbuttoned his trousers, unzipped his fly and left him only with boxers. She caressed his aroused shaft through the fabric, and he whispered her name, caressing her opening through her panties, then he took them off.

She pleaded him to make her come, so he inserted it in her first gently, then he increased his strength and his speed, until they didn't come together.

In the next days, her parents accompanied them to find an house, until they didn't buy one in Hogsmeade, so they could also stay near their previous house, Hogwarts. They dedicated the rest of August furnishing it as their taste, then on the 1st of September they went to say hello to their former teachers. After a few days, they had the test to be accepted training as Aurors and they passed it, so started the training.

At the beginning of December, they become officially Aurors, and Harry was sent to catch a dark wizard in a forest near Nottingham. He had to spent there five days, before catching him, and at the end he was happy to return home, where his wife, Hermione Granger-Potter, was waiting him. She was pregnant of four months, now so he couldn't went with him in long travels. She worked near home, accompanied by Neville, who, with great troubles, had passed his Auror test.

Harry was glad she wasn't alone while he was away, and that a friend like Neville was taking care of her.

For Christmas they gave a great party at their house, inviting Ginny, the twins, Draco, Cho, Alicia, Katie, Angelina and many others. It was a special Christmas Eve, that Harry remembered for a long time: the first Christmas as married!

Life passed calm until May, when the first baby Potter was born. They called him James, honouring Harry's father, and for a month both of them stopped working, caring about him. Then, Harry had to return work, while Hermione remained with the baby for the rest of the year. Both of them knew their one was a dangerous work, and they were worried of maybe one day not being there for him. But that was the career they felt in their hearts, so they pursued it, hoping for the best.

They received many letters of wishes from Hogwarts, and also many visits, especially Snape, McGonagall and Ginny, the new Head Girl with a Hufflepuff boy. She was very happy staying with the little James, as she loved children very much.

Ginny also confided them she had finally found a steady boyfriend, with who she was planning to create a family, marrying him after the school.

Harry and Hermione gave her their best wishes, then reminded her playfully to invite them as she did not write them a lot during the year.

“Oh, I have already thought about this. You will be the Best Man and the Maid of Honour”, she said then she returned to the castle.

In the next months, little James was growing well, so Hermione decided to leave him with Arabella Figg, returning to work; here she and Harry composed the most efficient Auror couple ever seen, and they were also the most feared by the Dark Wizards. However, they created themselves a lot of enemies, and their worries grew bigger.

***

In the next years, their family enlarged, because they had three other children, another boy, who was named Simon, and a couple of female twins, named Katherine and Constance. Contemporarily, Harry was elected “Supreme Head” of the Aurors of the Ministry, and the same Moody defined him as “the best ever existed”, congratulating with him also for his family.

In that period, the Minister was also near to retire, and tried to convince him to candidate for the Minister office.

Harry first refused, then he gave up, thinking that in that way, if elected he could dedicate himself to his family a bit more and did it.

The elections were a simple formality, his enemy didn't took a single vote, so he became the youngest Minister in the story. However, he didn't imagine how many tasks a Minister could have.

He succeeded in helping his wife, Hermione, who he nominated his personal assistant in the Ministry, taking her out of the dangers of the Auror's career; he also helped her in growing their four children; especially the twins were very difficult to control.

The passing of the years made him the more loved Ministry in the magic world history, and he was satisfied for the acquired results, especially in safety in the Muggle/Magic towns. His sons were growing very well, and James was now near to his eleventh birthday, a particular one, because represented his entrance in Hogwarts. When that moment arrived, he accompanied him personally, reliving in him his entrance at Hogwarts seventeen years before.

“At least, he wouldn't have to face Voldemort, and he could have a real normal growth, here at Hogwarts” he thought, remembering fondly all the adventures he lived in the castle.


-->