The Little Things

Harrys Mistress

Rating: R
Genres: Romance
Relationships: Harry & Hermione
Book: Harry & Hermione, Books 1 - 6
Published: 03/10/2005
Last Updated: 27/11/2005
Status: Completed

Another story by Harrys Mistress! ALL FLUFF! Mainly H/Hr, may be a little R/L at the end. Won't be too long, no more than ten chapters propably. Come on in and enjoy some pumpkin pie!

1. Chapter 1

Okay guys and gals! Here’s another fic from Harrys Mistress. I came up with this idea while I was sick and it’s not going to be TOO long, plus this will be all fluff. I don’t think I can take much action anymore. I love writing fluff! Anyway, I hope you like it. I’ve already written 20 pages of it so the first couple of updates will be long. This first one will be the longest probably, although I’m not posting all of it now. Enjoy and thanks again for everything! You guys are what keeps bringing me back to write more stories. I’ve got even ANOTHER idea after this one. So I’ll be spoiling you for awhile it seems like. Enjoy!

The Little Things

Chapter One

Harry Potter stood in the middle of the living room of the place he called home for the first ten years of his life. His trunk and all his belongings were by his side as he waited for the clock to strike noon, for that was when the Floo Network would be open and he only had a minute to get from here to the Burrow.

His aunt and uncle, along with his cousin sat on the couch as they watched him closely and anxiously. They all knew that this was the last time they would see Harry and he knew they weren’t exactly sad about it. They had been wanting Harry out of the house for good and now they were going to get what they wanted.

Harry glanced at the clock to see that he only had a few minutes left. “Er…I guess I should say something. Even though you treated me badly over the years and hated my guts, you still gave me a roof over my head.” He gave a little shrug. “I guess I should thank you for that.” They didn’t say anything and just stared. “Er…right, so thanks and I hope you have a great normal life now that I’m gone.” He looked up to see that it was now time. “Okay, well off I go.” He grabbed his trunk and empty bird cage, for Hedwig was waiting for him at the Burrow, and dragged them into the fireplace.

“Harry wait,” his aunt said suddenly as she stood up from the couch.

He looked up and waited for a few seconds but she was still silent. “What? I don’t have a lot of time.”

“Your parents,” she blurted. “They’re buried at the cemetery at Godric’s Hollow. I thought you should know in case…well, in case you wanted to see them.”

Out of all the years he had been there, that simple statement meant more to him than anything. “Thanks, Aunt Petunia. I appreciate that very much.” He then pulled out his floo powder and said his destination and he saw the Dursley’s for the last time before he was swept off his feet.

He tumbled into the kitchen of the Burrow, but was able to catch himself before he fell on his face. As soon as he straightened he heard a shriek of excitement and then felt a female form throw herself at him. “Oaf….er…Ginny, hi.”

“Oh, Harry it’s so good to see you!” she squeezed him hard.

He frowned as he patted her back. Obviously she didn’t take his break up seriously, or was she just being overly friendly? “Er…good to see you, too,” he said as he took a step back and gave her a small smile.

“Hey mate,” Ron said giving him a quick hug. “Good to have you back. Feel good to be free from the Dursleys?”

“It feels wonderful,” he said grinning.

“Harry, dear, I’m so glad you could make it for the wedding,” Mrs. Weasley said as she took some time away from the stove to give him a proper welcome.

“I wouldn’t miss it, Mrs. Weasley,” he said returning her hug. He then looked around, expecting to see another welcoming face, but frowned when Hermione was no where in sight. “Where’s Hermione?”

“Oh, the poor dear,” Mrs. Weasley clucked as she returned to the stove. “She’s been awful sick the last few days.”

“Sick?” he asked worried as he glanced upstairs. “Is she all right? What’s wrong?”

“Oh, just a head cold, has the chills, and a wee bit of fever,” Mrs. Weasley said. “The worst of its past and she’s on the mend, but still very weak.”

“She’s been coughing and hacking up crud for days,” Ron grimaced. “Rather gross.”

“She had high fever last night,” Mrs. Weasley said. “But it’s gone down a whole lot, she’s doing a little better.”

Harry stuffed his hands in his pockets and looked up towards the ceiling. “Can I go see her?”

“Oh, Harry, she’s resting,” Ginny said as she tugged at his arm. “Why don’t we go for a walk?”

“Yeah, mate,” Ron said with a smile. “Go on, I’m sure Hermione needs her sleep.”

“Ginny, Ron, you heard what Hermione said!” Mrs. Weasley snapped as she pointed her wooden spoon at them then turned to Harry. “Harry, dear, Hermione told us to send you up as soon as you got in. She wants to see you.”

Harry gave Ginny and Ron a puzzled look, while they guilty avoided eye contact. Why wouldn’t they want him to see Hermione? “Yeah, all right. I’ll go up and see her. Which room is she staying in?”

“She’s staying in Percy’s old room since he’s obviously not using it. I didn’t want her to share with Ginny while she was sick.”

“Good luck getting near her, mate,” Ron said as he held up his hands that were bandaged. “That damn cat of hers is guarding her like she’s some precious jewel. He doesn’t let me get a foot near her.”

“Thanks for the warning, but Crookshanks and I have never had a problem.”

Without waiting for a response from Ron he made his way up the rickety stairs and headed straight for Percy’s room. He knocked softly before slowly opening the door and peaked his head inside. She seemed to be asleep so he quietly let himself in and made his way to the bed. Crookshanks was curled up against one of her legs and his head lifted up urgently. Harry smiled as he scratched him under his chin. “Watching out for her, are you Crookshanks?”

He purred and rubbed his face against his hand. “Did you keep that evil Ron away, hmm?” He scratched down his spine and Crookshanks purred and stretched as he exposed his fluffy belly. “Yeah, you’re some guard cat.”

“Harry?”

He turned his head at the weak hoarse voice and saw Hermione looking up at him with a weary smile. “Hey there,” he said as he stopped petting Crookshanks and took a step closer to Hermione. He was thankful Crookshanks didn’t attack him and curled himself back against Hermione’s legs. “Looks like he’s giving me permission to come near you.”

She smiled. “You’re the only one besides Mrs. Weasley. Poor Ron’s fingers are scratched.”

“I noticed,” he said and then sighed. She was so pale. “You look bloody awful.”

“Probably because I feel bloody awful,” she said as she started to prop herself up.

Harry went to her immediately to help her. “What do you need?”

She licked her dry lips. “Could you pour me a glass of water.”

“Sure,” he said walking over to the desk where the pitcher was and poured her a full glass. He then walked over and sat next to her on the bed and tilted the glass to her chapped lips. “Try to drink all of it.”

Her hand closed over his that held the glass as she gulped down the icy water. She was halfway done by the time she pulled away for a breath. “Go on, finish the rest,” he urged as he tilted the glass back up. “I’ll go and refill it.”

She did as he asked and drank until the last drop was consumed. He refilled her drink and placed it on the nightstand for whenever she needed it. “You look like you broke a lot of fever,” Harry said as he pushed back some damp hair. “You’re sweating.”

“The thermometer is on the nightstand, I should probably check.”

Harry took the thermometer that looked like a regular Muggle one, but instead of numbers there were markings like, Dragon’s Fire Hot! and Emergency! Get to St. Mungos! He smiled because it was so much like Mrs. Weasley. “Well, let’s see, hopefully you’re Nice and Cool,” he said as he stuck the thermometer in her mouth. “How do I know when to take it out?”

“Ip pings,” she muffled not sounding clear with the thermometer making it difficult.

“It dings?” She nodded. “Scary that I understood that.”

She couldn’t smile but the wrinkles at the corner of her eyes was telling him that she was. “Well, I’m done with the Dursleys,” he said as they were waiting. “For good. I never have to go back.”

She placed a hand on his and squeezed.

“I thanked them, I know I shouldn’t have, but they didn’t have to keep me. I might not have had a loving home, but at least I had one. That’s something, isn’t it?”

Her eyes turned sad as she nodded.

“And Aunt Petunia told me where my parents are buried.” Her hands squeezed again and he covered his other one over hers. “They are over at Godric’s Hollow. I need to go there first…before we start.” She nodded in understanding, but before he could say anything else the thermometer let out a high pitch ding and so Harry pulled it out of her mouth and examined it. “Well, you’re at Very Warm. Any improvement?”

“Last night I was at Veela Smoking Hot,” she said with a laugh. “Mr. Weasley snuck that one in.”

He grinned as he looked back at the thermometer. “Well, you went down three spots, that’s pretty good.” He put his hand over her forehead and noticed she was still rather warm. “When I was sick, I would put a cold wash cloth over my head.”

“My mum use to do that for me,” she said with a smile as she watched Harry go to the washroom to get her a cool rag. “She’s why I got sick, my dad, too. They both were sick at the beginning of the summer and I took care of them. Now I’m paying the price.”

“I’m sorry they aren’t here to take care of you,” he said as he walked back into the room and sat back down with a cool wash cloth and placed it gently on her forehead.

“I’m getting pretty good treatment here it seems,” Hermione said as she sighed and snuggled under the covers. “Is it cold in here?”

“No, you’re just sick,” he said getting up so he could pull the covers over her.

“Harry?”

“Hmm?”

“The Horcruxes? Have you had any leads?”

“Let’s not worry about that right now, I want to focus on you getting better. I can’t search for them without you so you better get well.”

She smiled as she snuggled under the covers. “I will.”

“Is there anything else I can do for you? I hate seeing you like this.”

“Not unless you can bring the outdoors in here,” she said sleepily as she closed her eyes. “I’m so bored staring at Percy’s damn awards and trophies on the walls.”

He smiled as he stroked her hair. “I’ll see what I can do. You get some sleep.”

She sighed as she nuzzled her cheek against his hand. “Thanks Harry.”

“It’s the least I can do,” he murmured as she was already drifting off to sleep. “You’ve always been there for me…even for the little things.” Harry’s heart swelled with admiration as he watched her sleep. He was very lucky to have her by his side and he was just realizing that maybe sometimes he took her for granted. Not any more, he promised himself and then gave Crookshanks another quick scratch before heading out.

When he returned to the kitchen Ginny and Ron were at the table waiting for him and Mrs. Weasley was still at the stove. The wedding was keeping her busy. “How is she doing?” Mrs. Weasley asked as she turned away and wiped her hands on her apron.

“Better,” he said with a smile. “I gave her some more water and took her temp. Her fever has gone down, although a lot of it might have been the water that cooled it down. Hopefully the wash cloth will help.”

“Wash cloth?” Ginny asked.

“Yeah, when I was sick and had fever I would always put a cool wash cloth on my forehead, she said her mum did the same for her. So I went to the washroom and placed a cool cloth on her forehead. It will help.”

“So Crookshanks let you touch her?” Ron asked.

“I told you he doesn’t have a problem with me,” he said in a firm tone. “He’s just watching out for her.”

“What does he expect I would do? I’m her bloody friend, too, you know.”

Harry shrugged. “Well, maybe it’s because you insult her all the time. I bet Crookshanks doesn’t like it.”

Ron’s jaw dropped. “He’s a cat.

“He’s a very smart cat,” he corrected. “If I were you I’d start trying to get on his good side. Excuse me, I’m going for a walk.”

Harry exited through the back door, not paying attention to the commotion of people scattering around the garden obviously getting ready for the wedding. He didn’t want to run into anyone he knew so he kept his head down and walked right out of the garden and through the field. He kept on walking through the green grass and paused when he found himself in the middle of swarm of wildflowers.

They were bright colors of flowers off all kinds brushing around his ankles and beyond. He smiled when he thought of what Hermione said about wanting the outside in her room. Well, he may not be able to bring the sun or the breeze, but maybe a vase full of flowers would help. He bent down and picked a blue flower and the color reminded him of the dress she wore at the ball on their fourth year. He didn’t know what kind of flowers these were, but they were pretty and didn’t girls like flowers? So he picked more as he casually walked through the sea of colorful blooms, careful not to step on any as he picked the ones he thought Hermione would like.

“What are you doing?”

Harry turned around to see Ginny standing a few feet away from him, staring at the bundle of flowers in his hand. “Er…picking flowers.”

She smiled softly. “Oh Harry, that’s so sweet. For me?”

Damn it, how was he going to get out of this? “Er…actually, I was picking them for Hermione.”

She had started to make her way towards him but stopped abruptly. “Hermione?”

“Yeah, she’s sick after all,” he said and since he didn’t want to look into her eyes he continued his task. “She told me she wished I could bring the outdoors in her room. This is the only way I can think of to do it.”

“Oh,” she said in a deaf tone. “That’s nice. Why do you have so many blue flowers?”

“Huh?” he asked as he looked up at her.

“The bouquet in your hand. You’re picking a lot of blue.”

Harry looked down to see that she was right, the blue flowers over powered the yellow, pink and green ones. “Oh…I guess because it’s her favorite color.”

“You know her favorite color?”

He let out a laugh as he kept on picking flowers. “Ginny, she’s been my best friend since first year. I’d be a pretty crappy friend if I didn’t at least know her favorite color.”

“Does Ron know her favorite color?” Ginny asked.

Harry let out an impatient breath. Why in the world did it matter? “How should I know, ask Ron.”

“As me what?” Ron said as he walked up behind Ginny.

“Do you know Hermione’s favorite color?” Ginny asked as Harry ignored them and kept on picking.

“How should I know, she’s never told me,” he said with a shrug. “Why, what’s going on?”


“Harry knows her favorite color,” Ginny pointed out.

Ron narrowed his eyes. “You do? When did she tell you?”

Harry huffed as he turned towards them. “Look, she never told me all right, I’m just more observant I guess. I’ve noticed little things that make me believe her favorite color is blue.”

“Blue?” Ron asked confused. “Why would you think blue? Don’t girls like pink?”

“Hermione likes pink all right, but she seems to like blue the best.” Harry said picking up his last flower and looked at the bouquet and was satisfied. He looked over at Ginny and Ron who were still looking at him dumbly. “Okay, I’ve just noticed that she wears a lot of blue when she doesn’t have to wear her uniform. When we go to stores and she has an option of colors, she usually chooses blue.” He let out another exasperated sigh. “I have no idea why we’re having this conversation, I’m going in to give these to Hermione.”

Ron stopped him by grabbing his arm. “Hermione? Those are for Hermione?”

“Yes, Hermione,” he said as he shrugged off his arm. “Our friend…Hermione, who’s sick as a dog upstairs. I’m hoping these will make her feel better, is that a problem, Ron?”

“No, I guess not,” he said looking rather suspicious, but then smiled. “Hey, could you tell them they’re from me, too?”

“No, pick your own flowers,” he said roughly. He didn’t know why that bothered him, but for some reason he wanted Hermione to know that it was his idea and his idea alone.

“But you already done it, it will seem like a copied you.”

“Well, think of something else,” he said and then stalked off.

“I don’t know why you’re being so bloody selfish!” Ron called out.

Harry just turned around and gave him a hopeless shrug as if to say, I don‘t know either, then turned and continued walking. He walked into the kitchen to find Mrs. Weasley alone bustling around the kitchen. “Mrs. Weasley, do you have a vase I could use?”

“Hmm? Oh, how lovely,” she said as she spotted the flowers. “Those are for Hermione?”

Pleased that she understood, he smiled and nodded. “Yeah, I hope it might cheer her up.”

“That’s so sweet,” she said as she opened a cupboard and pulled out a copper tin vase that was old and rusted. “It’s not much, but this might work.”

“It’s perfect, Mrs. Weasley,” he said as he took it to the sink and started to fill it with water. He carefully slid the bouquet into the vase and didn’t object when Mrs. Weasley helped arranging the flowers.

“That looks beautiful,” she sighed dreamily. “Look at all those blue flowers.”

“It’s her favorite color.”

“Oh.” Her eyes filled with tears as she sniffled. “That’s so sweet.”

Always uncomfortable around women’s tears, Harry shuffled his feet. “Er…it’s nothing really.”

“Oh, go on upstairs and give it to her,” she said wiping her nose. “Before I fall apart.”

Happy to oblige, he picked up the vase and started to walk out, but Mrs. Weasley stopped him. “Harry? Since I’m going to be a bit busy with the wedding, do you think you can watch over Hermione for me? I tried to get Ron to take care of her, but well…Crookshanks wouldn’t allow it. But he seems to let you and it would help me a lot.”


“Don’t worry, I’ll take care of her,” he said with a smile.

“I know you will,” she beamed and he could have sworn she winked at him. “You always do.”

When Harry made it back up to the room, she was still fast asleep. He made sure to shut the door slowly, wincing a bit when it made a loud click. He looked around to see where the flowers should go, he wanted them to be the first thing she saw when she woke up. There was a shelf right across from her with some of Percy’s awards, so he went up and moved the awards aside and placed the vase right in the middle. The huge bouquet of flowers practically drowned out the trophies and awards she was so sick of seeing, so he thought it was perfect.

“Harry?”

He spun around to see her staring at him. “Hermione, I’m sorry, did I wake you?”

“No, I…are those flowers?”

“What?” He turned around and glanced at the flowers. “Oh, yeah.” Suddenly embarrassed he shoved his hands in his pockets and rocked back on his heels. “I thought I’d bring a little of the indoors in here with you.”

When he turned towards her he was horrified to see that tears were filling up in her brown eyes. “Hermione, don’t cry,” he said as he went to her and sat by her hip. “I’m sorry, I’ll take them away, I only thought…I didn’t mean to make you cry.”

“No, it’s…it’s…” He reached for the tissue that was on the table and handed it to her. She blew her nose loudly and wiped her eyes with her fingers. “They’re beautiful, Harry.”

“Please don’t cry, I hate it when girls cry. I get all out of sorts.” He pulled out another tissue and dabbed the tears away himself. “You okay?”

“I’m sorry, I was just so touched,” she sighed as she smiled up at him. “It’s the sweetest thing you’ve ever done for me.”

“Really?” he asked intrigued. “What about the times I saved your life?”

“That was noble and brave…not sweet.” She grabbed his hand and squeezed it. “What I mean is, it was thoughtful. You’ve always been nice to me, Harry, but this is the first time you did something for me that…oh, I’m going to start crying again!”

“Don’t! Please….um…think of something horrible I did to you or something.”

She let out a laugh. “That’s going to take awhile for me to think.”

“Come on, I’m not perfect,” he said with a grin.

“No, I know you’re not, but you always…” She paused and let out a breath.

“Always what?”

“You just…you never tried to change me.”

He frowned. “Why would I do that?”

She smiled brightly. “See? That response right there was perfect.”

“I don’t see what…”

“You never said anything about what I believed in. S.P.E.W for example…you never told me it was hopeless, you never told me it was stupid.”

He shook his head. “You’re my friend, Hermione. I might not have believed it would go far and yes…I was a little embarrassed about the buttons you made for us, but I would have worn them. It was important to you.”

“Ron made fun of me constantly,” she said as she looked into her lap. “He also ragged on my hats I made for the elves.”

He didn’t know exactly what to say here, he knew something was going on between them. “Ron just…has this problem of not knowing what to keep to himself.”

Hermione chuckled. “You got that right.”

Harry smiled and removed the cloth that was still on her forehead. “How do you feel? Did the cloth help?”

“I feel a lot better,” she said sitting up more against the pillows. “You could do me a favor and make Crookshanks go and eat, he’s been up here too long.”

At the sound of his name, he lifted his head and squinted up at them. “Go on, Crookshanks,” Harry said. “I’ll stay with her until you get back.” He looked hesitant as he stared back and forth between him and Hermione. “Go on outside and hunt something plump and delicious. A mouse maybe?”

Crookshanks licked his chops before he stood up, arched his back with a long stretch, and jumped off the bed before sauntering towards the door. Harry was about to get up and open the door for him, but to his surprise, Crookshanks leaned up and fiddled with the knob with both paws until it clicked open.

“Wow,” Harry said as he watched him walk out. “I’m impressed.”

“He likes to open doors himself,” Hermione laughed. “He’s very independent.”

“So I see.”

“I do love the flowers, Harry. You have a lot of blue, that’s perfect. It’s my favorite color.”

Harry grinned. “I know.”

“Really?” she asked puzzled. “Funny, I don’t remember telling you that.”

“You didn’t,” he said with a smile. “I picked up on little things over the years. You seem to like blue a lot.”

She blushed softly. “I didn’t realize you were so observant.”

“I don’t mean to be,” he said with a shrug. “Just pick up on things.” Wanting to change the subject he stood up and looked around. “I’m in charge of taking care of you now, so what do you need? Water? Soup? You hungry?”

“You’re taking care of me?” Hermione asked. “Oh, Harry, you don’t have to..”

“I know I don’t, but Mrs. Weasley is busy with the wedding and she asked me to. I’m happy to do it, Hermione.”

“But what if I get you sick?”

“Don’t worry I’ll wash my hands every five seconds,” he said with a grin.

“Well I’ve touched you so you can go wash them now,” she said pointing to the washroom.

“Very well,” he said going to the washroom. “So are you hungry?”

“Some soup sounds good I guess,” she said as he washed his hands. “I should probably take my potion again, it helps with my congestion and coughing.”

“Where is it?” he asked as he came out drying his hands.

“The vial is over by the desk. It’s the green one, I only take the purple one once a day.”

He went over to where the vials were displayed and saw that there were five left of the green and three left of the purple. “Are you suppose to take these until they run out.”

“Yes, Madam Pomfrey was nice enough to check on me and give me the potions.” She took the vial from Harry’s hand and then knocked it back in her mouth. She grimaced as she handed it back. “Not the best tasting potion either.”

“Here, have some water,” he said handing her the glass. She took it gratefully and greedily sucked the water down. “With the amount of water you’ve been drinking I’m surprised you don’t have to go to the bathroom.”

“I do,” she said putting the glass down and pulling back her sheets.

“Oh.” He watched her walk out of bed with a pair of pajama shorts on that matched her blue top. “Er…do you want me to help you?” He blushed when she lifted her brows. “I mean get to the washroom, not…er…you know what I mean.”

“Thanks Harry, but I think I can handle it.”

“All right, um…I’m going to go and fix your soup.”

“Don’t worry, Mrs. Weasley made me a huge batch, she’ll show you were it is.”

“Oh, all right. Although I DO know how to make a good soup, I didn’t spend all my life cooking for the Dursley’s without learning a little something.”

“Maybe you can bring me breakfast in bed tomorrow?” she suggested as she stood at the doorway of the washroom.

“Hey, I just might surprise you” Harry grinned and left the room, closing the door behind him so no one would disturb her. He turned around and nearly jumped out of his skin when he realized Ginny was standing behind him. “Ginny, what are you…”

Whatever he was going to say, she didn’t let him finish. She jumped into his arms and kissed him as he staggered back completely surprised.

2. Chapter 2

Okay, since you guys are awesome and gave me so many reviews, I’ll post the rest of what I have. BUT, don’t get use to it, now that you are caught up the chapters won’t be updated as frequently. But I wanted to go ahead and post the rest before I go to work. I’m glad you are liking it!

Chapter 2

He grabbed her shoulders and yanked her away. “Ginny, what the bloody hell do you think you’re doing?”

“I think that’s obvious,” she said as she rubbed up against him. “Why don’t we go to my room.”

Harry stared at her as if she had two heads. “Ginny, did you not hear what I told you the day of Dumbledore’s funeral?”

“Yes and it was very noble, Harry, but do you see any danger around me now?”

Harry sighed as he pushed her away before she could attack again. “That’s not the point.”

“Oh, come on Harry, it’s not like I’m asking you to marry me,” she said as her hands went all over his chest. “Let’s just go in my room and have some fun.”

“Ginny,” he said patiently as he tried to catch her roaming hands. “Ginny, you’re making a fool of yourself.” He finally was able to grip her wrists and yank her back forcefully. “Look, Ginny, I don’t know what you’re thinking. Obviously you think of me as someone you can string along whenever you want a quick snog.” He angrily shoved her hands away. “Guess what? I’m not Dean. It’s over, Ginny. I meant what I said at the funeral and as much as I hate for things to end this way, I guess they have to.”

“Harry, what…what’s wrong with you?”

Okay, that‘s it. She has to be either deaf or stupid. “What’s wrong with me?! What…you’re talking crazy, Ginny! Are you not listening to what I’m saying!?”

“Harry, did you not get the chocolates I sent you?” she asked in a strange voice.

Taken back Harry stared. “What? Chocolates? No. What on earth are you talking about? What does that have to do with anything?”

“Yeah, Ginny.” Harry turned to see Hermione standing at her door way with a blanket wrapped around her. “Why don’t you let Harry in on your little secret?”

Harry blinked as he looked back to Ginny. “What little secret?”

“Hermione, you stay out of this!” Ginny shrieked. “Go back to bed!”

“Tell him, Ginny,” she snapped angrily as she stepped towards them. She obviously hadn’t found all her strength yet becomes she swayed slightly, but Harry was there to catch her.

“You okay?” Harry asked concerned.

“I’m fine,” she said through her clenched teeth and continued to stare at Ginny while Harry still held her up. “Tell him, Ginny, or I will!”

“You wouldn’t dare!” she hissed.

“Oh yeah?” She lifted her chin and shifted to Harry. “Harry, ever wonder why last year you all of the sudden became aware of Ginny? Ever wonder why after all these years you started to feel different feelings for Ginny, no matter how wrong it felt. Hmm?”

“Hermione!” Ginny shrieked. “Shut up!”

“What on earth is going on?” Ron asked as he rounded the corner.

“Ever wonder Harry?” Hermione asked. “Really think about it. I should have realized something was wrong, I was happy for you two at the time, but a part of me thought it was so sudden.”

“Hermione, I’m warning you…shut up! Don’t listen to her, Harry! Obviously the potions she’s on is making her loopy!”

But Harry paid no attention to Ginny, only continued to look at Hermione. “Are you saying…she gave me a love potion?”

“NO! I wouldn’t do that!”

“A very mild one,” Hermione continued as she spoke softly to Harry. “She diluted the potion to make it seem more real. More like it was your decision.”

Harry felt his heart sank.

“No!” Ginny cried. “It’s not true!”

“Admit it, Ginny!” Hermione yelled. “At least be decent enough to admit it, I caught you red handed when I first got here!”

“It was just…I never meant….” She then broke down in tears and covered her face with her hands. “I’m sorry, Harry. I didn’t know what else to do, I just love you so much.”

“Bloody hell,” Ron whispered as he stared at her sister. “Ginny, what were you thinking!”

“I’m sorry,” she cried as she looked up at Harry. “I’m so sorry, please forgive me…please..”

“Ginny,” he said softly as he looked away. “I think you better go.”

Ginny looked horrified as she stared at Harry, before she turned and ran off in tears. “Bloody hell, Harry,” Ron said as he watched her sister run off. “I had no idea.”

“No, I don’t think anyone did.” He turned to Hermione who was still leaning against him. “Let’s get you back into bed.”

“Harry,” she said as she hugged him. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t worry, you were right to tell me,” he said as he helped her to her bed. “Come on, this wore you out.”

“Can I do anything?” Ron asked from the doorway.

Harry looked up and smiled. “Yeah, you can go down to the kitchen and ask your mum to warm her up some soup.”

“You got it,” he said with a smile and then walked off.”

“Hermione,” he said once she was back in her bed under the covers. “How did you find out?”

Hermione looked down at her lap as if she couldn’t bear to look at him. “I walked in on her as she was working on the potion. She had her school potion kit out and a box of chocolates, along with a picture of you.” She let out a sniff as she rubbed her nose. “I was so angry with her, for tricking you like that. She tried to deny it, but it was no use, I caught her red handed.”

“What happened then?”

“After I called her every name in the book and poured the potion down the toilet?” she asked as she lifted her watery eyes up at him.

He smiled and tucked her chin playfully. “Yeah after that.”

“I told her I’d give her the chance to tell you the truth herself. If she didn’t I would tell you myself. I was going to keep an eye on her, but then I got sick, so I…I talked with Hedwig.”

His brow lifted. “Hedwig? My owl?”

“Yeah,” she said with a laugh. “I didn’t trust her, Harry, so I told Hedwig that whatever Ginny sent you, make sure she got rid of it.”

“Well then,” he said with a grin. “Hedwig obviously trusts you more than Ginny.”

“Well I should hope so!” Hermione countered back. “She’s practically mine too, since I don’t have an owl.”

“I know she is,” he said and he grabbed her hand. “And I appreciate you both looking out for me.”

She smiled brightly at him then it slowly faded. “Harry, I’m really sorry. I know it must hurt to realize that it never meant anything.”

“It’s all right,” he assured her. “Really. I’m almost a little relieved. At the beginning of the summer I still thought about her, obviously the potion was still in affect, and thanks to you the chocolates never came and I slowly started to forget about her and thought more about…” He swallowed what he was about to say and stared at her completely dumfounded. He thought about her. A lot.

“About what?” Hermione asked as she touched his arm.

He gave her a shaky smile. “You,” he said brightly as he gave her hand a friendly pat. “And Ron of course.”

Her shoulders slumped a bit and she let out a sigh. “Oh,” she said giving him a half smile. “Of course.”

Was she upset? No, of course not why would she be. “Hermione, what’s…”

“Soup is here!” Ron said cheerfully as he came in brightly then narrowed his eyes at Crookshanks who was now back on the bed. “That is, if someone would let me give it to her.”

“Here, I’ll take it,” Harry said as he got up.

“No,” Ron said firmly. “It’s not right, I should be able to give my sick best friend her soup.”

Harry sighed and looked at Crookshanks. “He’s right you know, he’s not going to insult her or hurt her, right Ron?”

“Of course not,” Ron sighed.

“Go on then, give it to her,” Harry said as he stepped back. “He should leave you alone.”

The tray shook slightly as Ron kept a careful eye on Crookshanks who was watching him closely. “Er…here you go,” he said as he carefully placed the tray on her lap and then jerked back his hands.

“Thanks, Ron,” she giggled. “See? You two are best friends already.”

“Yeah,” he said as he wiped his sweaty hands on his pants. “The best.”

“We’ll let you eat,” Harry said.

“Wait, will you two do me a favor?” she asked before they could leave.

“Sure, anything,” Harry and Ron both said at the same time and they eyed each other.

Hermione smiled. “I know it’s weird, but would you two go and get your chess set and play chess in here?” She blushed as she gave them a shrug. “I always silently enjoyed watching you two play.”

Ron brightened. “Yeah, sure Hermione! I’ll go get the stuff!”

Harry shook his head as he left. “I’m only doing this for you, you know I hate it when he beats me.”

She smiled as she sipped on her chicken broth. “I know. You look so cute when you play though, like you are trying to use extra brain cells you don‘t normally use to beat him.”

His jaw dropped. “Hermione! Now how am I going to concentrate when I know you think I look cute when I’m trying to think.”

“Sorry,” she said with a grin. “Will it help to know that whenever Ron sees a huge move while he’s waiting for you to go, he can’t keep his eyes off it.”

He opened his mouth, then shut it. “Really?”

“Yeah, watch him while you’re thinking of your next move. You might be able to figure out his strategy.”

“Okay, I’ve got it!” Ron said holding it up over his head. “You ready to get beat, Harry.”

Harry and Hermione shared a grin. “I wouldn’t get too cocky, Weasley.”

XXX

“Dangit, that’s the third time you’ve beaten me,” Ron grumbled as he angrily pushed the chess pieces back in place. “I mean granted, I’ve beaten you more, but you hardly ever beat me at all!”

“What can I say, I got luck on my side” Harry said and then winked at Hermione. “Right?”

She smiled sleepily as she tried to fight back a yawn. “Right.”

Harry frowned. “You look tired. Ron, why don’t we call it a night and let Hermione sleep.”

“Yeah, okay,” he said as his shoulders slumped. “I am obviously off tonight anyway.”

“Thanks guys,” Hermione said with a smile as she hunkered down. “I enjoyed it. It was like old times.”

Harry grinned as he took her empty tray off the bed and gave it to Ron. “Are you feeling better?”

“Much,” she beamed. “I don’t feel like I have a fever.”

“When was the last time you took a sip of water?” Harry asked as he took the thermometer.

“About thirty minutes ago,” she said with a smile and looked at Ron. “Right after Harry beat you for the first time.”

Ron scowled. “Yeah, he better not get use to it. I’m going to take this down, sleep well Hermione.”

“Night Ron,” she said her voice still sounding hoarse. She cleared her throat and shook her head. “When is my voice going to come back?”

“Give it time,” he said as he placed the thermometer in her mouth. “Besides, some guys find that raspy voice rather sexy.” She replied by giving him a scowl and he just laughed. “What? I’m serious. I, myself, find it sexy.” She rolled her eyes. “You don’t believe me?” She shook her head. “Well all right, guess you’ll never know.” The thermometer let out a ding and so he pulled it out. “A little lower than last, you’re on the mend.”

“But I still have a little bit of a fever?” she asked with a frown.

“Yes, but don’t worry, it’ll go down. Want me to get you another wash cloth?”


“Would you mind?” she asked hopefully.

“Not at all,” he said as he walked to the washroom to accommodate her. He sat back down by her hip, brushing her strands of hair away, before gently placing the cool cloth on her head. “Feel good?”

“Yeah, you have a nice touch, Harry,” she smiled lazily up at him. “You’re going to make a good father someday.”

He tensed up, but only for a second. It made him feel good to hear her say that, but a part of him couldn’t help but think that he might never get the chance. “You should get some sleep.”

Harry started to get up but she grabbed his arm to keep him where he was. “You’re going to live through this, Harry.”

He shook his head. “Hermione, you don’t know that.”

“Maybe I don’t,” Hermione said honestly as she squeezed his arm. “But it’s what I believe.”

She couldn’t have said anything else that would make him feel any better. It was that she believed that made it different. Not that she knew, but believed. “If that’s what you believe,” he said as he took her hand. “Then I believe it, too.” He lifted her hand and kissed it. “Get some sleep, I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Good night, Harry.”

“Good night,” he said giving Crookshanks a little scratch. “Keep watch, boy.”

Hermione laughed. “Yeah, my scary guard cat.”

“You know, this cat has so much heart, I think he could take on some Death Eaters for you.” Crookshanks replied by exposing his belly again and he laughed. “Well, he might not look like much of a fighter now, but it’s in there.” He gave his belly a finally rub, and winked at Hermione before walking out of the room and closed the door behind him.

He stood by the door for a moment and just stared as if he could see Hermione through the wood. For some reason he found it hard to walk away.

3. Chapter 3

Here we go! The next chapter! Took a little longer, sorry. I went out of town this past weekend.

Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 3

The next day was the day before the wedding and while all the Weasleys spent most of the time running around getting last minute tasks completed, Harry stayed out of their way and spent his morning in Hermione’s room. He woke up early, wanting to surprise Hermione with breakfast in bed, just like he suggested.

Mrs. Weasley was cleaning the house so the kitchen was empty and free to do as he pleased. He made them both a plate of scrambled eggs, slices of bacon and buttered toast. He also filled a glass of marmalade for the both of them and carried the tray up the stairs carefully to her room.

She was awake playing with Crookshanks and a ball of yarn when he came in. She was practically beaming when she looked up at him. “Oh, Harry you made me breakfast!”

“I told you I might,” he said as he sat down on the edge of the bed and placed the tray on her legs. “I made a plate for myself.”

“It smells delicious,” she said as she took a deep whiff. “I haven’t had solid food in days.”

“Are you up for it?” he asked as he handed her a napkin.

“More than up for it,” she said as she picked up a bacon and took a healthy bite. “Mmm, nice and crispy. Perfect.”

“How did you sleep?” Harry asked before forking up a pile of eggs.

“Like a baby,” she said with a smile. “I checked my temp when I woke up. No fever.”

“Really?” he asked with a grin. “That’s great! Maybe later I can sneak you outside for a bit.”

“That would be lovely,” she sighed dreamily. “Maybe you can take me to where you found the flowers.”

“We can have a picnic maybe,” Harry suggested. “I can see if Ron can go, although he might be too busy with the wedding.”

“I think he had to do a last minute fitting today in Diagon Alley,” she said as she sampled some of her toast. “Poor guy, you know how he feels about dress robes.”

Harry chuckled. “Well, at least it won’t be as bad as 4th year…that was bloody awful.”

Hermione giggled. “It was so hard for me not to laugh when I first saw him. Don’t tell him I told you that.”

He held up a hand. “Promise.”

XXX

“I think a picnic is a wonderful idea,” Mrs. Weasley said as she rummaged through her icebox. “I’ve got some cold chicken and some mini sandwiches.”

“That sounds perfect, Mrs. Weasley,” he said as he took the platter of chicken then placed it in the basket, along with the sandwiches.

“I’ll put some bottles of butterbeer in her, too. Is Hermione still upstairs?”

“She’s getting dressed. I better go see if she’s ready.”

“No worries, mate,” Ron said with a smile as he helped Hermione through the kitchen, who was now full dressed in a white knee length skirt and a yellow blouse. “I’ve got her and she’s ready to go.”

“Oh,” Harry said as he shoved his hands in his pockets, noticing how Ron’s arm was around Hermione. For some odd reason he didn’t like to look of Hermione leaning into him, Harry had come used to the one Hermione leaned on. “Er…I’ve got the food and blanket.”

“Let’s go then,” Hermione said who was practically glowing. “I’m ready to get out of these walls. Er…no offence, Mrs. Weasley.”

She waved it off. “None taken, you three go out and enjoy yourselves.”

Harry tucked the blanket and basket under one arm as he walked up on the other side of Hermione, and was pleased when she put her other arm around is waist. Together, they walked outside and Hermione closed her eyes and lifted her face to the sun. Harry couldn’t help but smile at the content look on her pale face and hoped that being outside would put some color in her cheeks.

“Oh, Harry,” she gasped in pleasure as they walked through the flowers. “Is this where you got my flowers?”

“Yeah,” he said noticing the scowl from Ron. “Why don’t we sit under the tree, it will give us some shade.”

“That’s fine with me,” Hermione said. “I’ll help with the blanket.”

“No, you stay here, Ron and I will do it.” Harry then gestured to Ron to help him out while Hermione waited patiently as they spread the blanket under the tree.

Harry went straight back to Hermione’s side, while Ron did the same and gave Harry a weird look, before they helped her take her seat. Harry couldn’t help but notice how strange Ron was acting lately when it came to Hermione. It was like he was doing his usual jealous act, however he was the guy he was jealous of. Why was that? It wasn’t as if he fancied Hermione. She was his best friend.

They sat in a small circle as Harry passed out the cold chicken and sandwiches. It was like old times. The three of them hanging out as if they were eleven again, joking and laughing together as they munched on chicken legs and nibbled on tiny sandwiches.

“Hermione you got a little mayo on the corner of your lip,” Ron said tapping his own.

“Do I?” she asked as she stuck her tongue out to try and wipe it off.

“No, other side,” Harry laughed as he reached up to swipe it away with his thumb, but Hermione’s tongue beat him to it, causing it to brush against his skin. He jerked back as if he touched fire as he tried to ignore the little tingle where her tongue touched. “Er…sorry.”

“It’s all right,” she said as she blushed giving him a sheepish smile. “Honest mistake. Is it gone?”

Harry gave a quick glance to Ron who looked like he was going to leap up and attack him at any moment. “Er…yeah, it’s gone,” he said and then cleared his throat. “More chicken?”

“No, I’m stuffed,” Hermione sighed as she placed a hand on her belly. “That was great. This is great.”

Harry’s stomach couldn’t settle down. It’s just the food. That last piece of chicken tasted a little funny. If that was the case, why was his hands trembling as if he had the shakes. A little uneasy, he stretched out his legs and gave his friends a quick smile, trying to hide the fact that his insides were shaking. “I could take a nap here.”

“Me too,” Hermione sighed as she lifted her arms above her head to do a little stretch. Harry noticed that he wasn’t the only one staring at the way Hermione’s blouse stretched against her chest. Best friend or not, he noticed things like that. He was after all a guy.

Hermione then rolled over onto her stomach, stretching out next to Harry as she rested her cheek against her folding hands. “It feels so good to be outside again.”

“Well, if you two are going to stretch out I might as well also,” Ron said who was on the other side of Hermione. However, before he could even get situated the sound of someone calling him had all three of them lifting their heads off the ground to see Mrs. Weasley walking up to them. “Mum?”

“Ron, you need to come back to the house,” she said a little breathless from the short hike through the field. “You need to go with Fleur to Diagon Alley.”

Ron shot up. “What?! Are you joking?

“Of course not, why would I tease about that,” she huffed and then waved her hand up. “Come on, I don’t have all day. She has some errands to run and she needs someone to help her.”

“Why can’t Bill go?” Ron asked miserably as he stood up.

“Because one of her errands is to pick up her dress and he can’t see it. Everyone knows that’s bad luck. Now, come on she’s waiting in the house.”

Ron rolled his eyes and groaned as he turned to Harry and Hermione. “Looks like I have to go spend a day in Hades. You two going to head in?”

Harry looked at Hermione and shrugged. “It’s up to you, I don’t mind staying out here awhile longer.”

“Okay,” Hermione said with a smile then turned to Ron. “Thanks, but we’re going to stay out here a bit.”

Ron looked at Harry and could have sworn there was a look of warning in his eyes. “See ya later then,” he finally said before turning and stalking off.

Harry sighed as he laid his head back down, folding his hands above his head for a pillow. “Ron’s been acting a bit odd lately,” Harry said and then turned his head to Hermione who was back to resting her cheek on her hands. Their faces were close, but not close enough for it to be awkward. “He seems to…I don’t know, it’s like I can’t seem to smile at you without feeling wary of him.”

She gave him an amused look. “Harry, you’re just now realizing this?”

Harry frowned. “Er…well, yes but I assume you’re going to tell me why I should have noticed something sooner.”

“Ever since sixth year when I said you were more fanciable than ever he’s been kind of suspicious around us.” She lifted a shoulder in a careless shrug. “Every time you pulled me back for a quick word or whenever he caught us alone. He would always look at us as if he almost caught us doing something friends don’t normally do.”

“I know he gets jealous of other guys when it comes to you, Hermione,” Harry said as he casually moved a hand to pick out a blade of grass that found its way in her hair. “But it’s me. He knows we’re just friends.”

She let out a laugh. “Yes, but you’re Harry Potter.”

Harry winced. “Give me a break, Hermione.”

“No,” she laughed. “You know I don’t see you that way and Ron doesn’t either most of the time, but sometimes…well, he remembers who you are. He probably thinks that maybe one day I’ll realize your…qualities…and start fancying you or something.”

Harry grinned. “My qualities?”

Hermione rolled her eyes. “Oh, you know what I mean. He doesn’t get it. He doesn’t realize that you’ve never been the famous Harry Potter to me. Even when I read about you before I came to Hogwarts, I never thought of you as special.”

“Well, that’s a bit harsh,” he teased.

“Maybe that’s the wrong word to use, because you are special, Harry. What I mean is, you’re just Harry to me.” She shrugged again. “You’ll always be just Harry to me.”

A feeling of warmth filled his heart as he smiled brightly at her. “I’ve always known that, but it’s nice to hear it. Thanks.”

“Anytime.”

“Can I ask you a personal question?” Harry asked as he turned over to his side and propped his head up on his elbow.

“You want to know what’s between me and Ron?” Hermione asked as she copied his position but was facing him.

Harry frowned. “Do you have to do that?”

She grinned. “Do what?”

He scowled. “Always know what I’m thinking?”

“You know what I’m thinking half the time so that makes us even.”

“Yeah, but…okay, we’re straying off topic here.”

“Oh? What’s the topic?”

Harry eyed Hermione. “Now you’re just being cruel.”

Hermione laughed. “I’m sorry. Okay, you want to know what’s going on between us?”

Harry nodded as he felt his nerves come back. He didn’t know why but he wasn’t looking forward to hearing that Hermione fancied him, or that they were together but have been keeping it secret. “I want to know. It’s time that I do.”

“Would you mind it if we were together?”

“I…don’t really know that yet,” he said as he started to pick at the loose threads of the blanket. “Let’s start with my question first.”

“Fair enough. I pretty much could tell Ron was starting to fancy me over the years. Fourth year, especially. I was flattered. Besides Victor, he was the only boy who showed any interest in me. So, at first I thought I didn’t fancy him that way. During fifth year I was too distracted by…er…things, to really notice Ron. But, by the end of the year and during the summer, I thought about it. So, I told myself that if Ron ever asked me out, I’d say, yes.”

“To give it a try?” Harry asked.

“Yeah, but he never did. All last year I waited for him to ask me, I even started to get excited about it, but then…I saw him kissing Lavender.”

Remember how Hermione reacted, he could understand now how she felt. “I’m sorry, Hermione.”

“It hurt. That’s why I acted so psycho.” She sighed and let out a laugh. “Then you went off with Ginny…sorry, I know it’s hard to talk about now that you know…”

“No, it’s okay,” he assured her. “Go on.”

“Well, I just felt alone last year, I guess. It was like the three of us drifted apart at times.”

“Yeah,” he said sadly as he looked away from her. The sadness in her eyes broke his heart and made him feel guilty that he had a huge part in bringing it there. “I’m sorry I wasn’t much of a friend to you, Hermione. It was obviously the potion and other things, but it’s still no excuse.”

“It’s okay, I’m just glad everything is back to normal between us.” She rolled back over to her stomach and since she rolled towards him, her whole side of her body touched against the front of his. He was still on his side up on his elbow and his face now loomed over hers. “And to answer your question? Nothings going on between us. Ron had his chance to ask me and it’s too late.”

“Hermione,” he said placing a hand on her back. “Are you sure? He’s just a bit slow, maybe I can talk to him.”

“No,” she said firmly. “Don’t do that. I don’t fancy him. Truth is, I don’t think I ever liked Ron romantically.”

They were silent for awhile, neither of them speaking as Hermione had her eyes closed while Harry’s eyes drifted and unconsciously rubbed tiny circles on her back. “You know that day during Dumbledore’s funeral…I thought…after seeing you cry on Ron’s shoulder and him stroking your hair.” Harry then lifted his hand so he could now stroke it just as Ron did. “I thought you two were together.”

Hermione sighed dreamily and Harry could tell she was about to drift off to sleep. “I wanted to lean on you, Harry,” she mumbled sleepily. “You should know that.”

Hearing that, his heart did a little flip. “Why didn’t you?”

“With Ginny sitting on the other side of you…I didn’t think…it would be appropriate.”

She fell asleep before he could think of what to say after that. She wanted to lean on him. Not Ron. The knowledge of that made him feel shockingly good. It shouldn’t have. The friendship he had with Hermione wasn’t a competition between Ron. But it didn’t hurt to know Hermione wanted his shoulder, rather than Ron’s. It didn’t hurt to know that Hermione and Ron would never be together. It was one less thing to worry about.

It also didn’t hurt if he laid his head down next to her. So he did. He closed his eyes too, and didn’t bother to move his hand on her upper back, which was now buried in her soft hair. A little cat nap out in the sun between friends.

No harm in that, Harry thought as he started to drift off to that place between sleep and awake. No harm at all.

4. Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Harry woke up feeling wonderful. He couldn’t remember the last time he had slept so good. No nightmares. He didn’t even have one of his bizarre dreams, but just slept into nothingness. After a long stretch he fluttered his eyes open and noticed that Hermione was still fast asleep next to him.

She was still on her stomach, but Harry realized that sometime during his sleep he must have rolled over on his as well. He was now lying halfway on top of her, with one of his legs tangled with hers and his arm wrapped around her. He should feel embarrassed. He should have blushed like a schoolboy and roll off of her. But he didn’t and he didn’t feel embarrassed. After all, Hermione was probably the reason he slept so good.

Ginny and him never…cuddled. It was more just snogging and however wrong it was for Ginny to deceive him like that, just snogging was what he needed last year. On the other hand, if Ginny didn’t give him the potion, he had a feeling he’d find someone else to snog with.

Then all of the sudden a quick image of Harry backing Hermione up against a deserted corridor and kissing her senseless.

Woah. Harry warily lifted his hand that was unconsciously stroking her hair. Don’t go there, Potter. Bad idea. He then shifted his body away from hers slightly so he was no longer on top of her, then shook her shoulder gently. “Hermione.”

“Hmm.” Her eyes still stayed closed so he shook her again and this time her eyes fluttered open. “Harry?”

“Hey,” he said with a smile. “Looks like we both had a long nap. We should head inside.”

Hermione nodded then slowly pushed herself up to a sitting position and to Harry’s delight, arched her back into a deep stretch. Did she realize the impact she made when she did that? Probably not. “Sleep good?” Harry asked.

She nodded and smiled sleepily. “I did. How bout you?”

“I can’t remember a time I slept so good,” he said as a yawn escaped him.

“I woke up for a second one time,” she said with a smirk. “You were practically on top of me.”

Harry flushed. “Er…yeah, sorry about that. I must have shifted while I was asleep.”

“That’s all right. I didn’t mind at all. It was…”

“What?” he asked as she trailed off looking embarrassed.

She shrugged. “It was kind of nice. I’ve never…er…slept with…wrong choice of word. What I mean is, that I’ve never…”

“Cuddled with someone?” Harry finished for her and when she blushed and gave him a small nod, he smiled. “Me either.”

Hermione’s jaw dropped and stared at him while he jumped to his feet. “You haven’t?” she asked as she let him help her to her feet.

“Nope,” he said trying to keep it casual as he gathered up the blanket. “Ginny and I never snuggled or anything like that. We just mainly snogged.”

“Oh.”

Harry then held out his hand. “Ready to go in?”

“No,” she said as she slipped her hand in his. “But I know we have to anyway.”

“We’ve been out for hours,” Harry said as he looked up at the sun. “We only have a few more hours till the sun goes down.”

“I’m surprised someone hasn’t come and checked on us,” Hermione said as they took their time walking to the Burrow.

“For all we know, they have,” Harry said as he shifted their joined hands until their fingers linked. “We’ve been out.”

Hermione stopped in her tracks. “I didn’t think about that. What if…”

“Ron saw us?” He shrugged and started walking again. “Then I’m sure he won’t be happy, but we didn’t do anything wrong.”

Hermione nervously bit her bottom lip. “No, I know, but you know Ron.”

“Yeah,” he sighed as they walked through the gardens. “I know Ron.”

“There you two are!” Molly Weasley said with a smile as she was puttering around the kitchen. Ginny was there setting the table for the rehearsal dinner, but she kept her eyes glued to her task and avoided eye contact. “I was wondering when you two would wake up.”

Relieved, both of them let out a breath. “So you saw us?” Harry asked.

“Ginny, no not like that…the knife goes on the other side of the plate.” Mrs. Weasley then turned her attention back to them. “No, Ron did actually. He came in here in a bad mood, actually.”

Harry and Hermione glanced uneasily at each other, both saying what they couldn’t say out loud. Uh-oh.

“Ginny, why are you stopping, you still need to put out the napkins!”

Harry turned to Ginny to see that she had stopped right in the middle of the task and stared. It didn’t take him long to realize she was staring at their joint hands with a look of sadness in her eyes. He almost felt sorry for her. Almost. “Let’s go upstairs, Hermione,” Harry murmured and then silently led her out of the kitchen.

“I almost feel sorry for her,” Hermione whispered as they made their way up the stairs.

“I was thinking the same thing. I better go talk to, Ron and get ready for the dinner. You feeling okay?”

“I’m fine,” she assured him with a smile. “I’ll see you in a little while.”

“Wish me luck,” he said dryly and then took a deep breath before walking into the room. He found Ron lying on the bed on his back, but when he saw Harry he jumped up. “Hey, Ron.”

“Oh, hey Harry,” he said in a strange high pitched voice as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. “I was just…lying down before the dinner.”

Okay, this was not how he thought Ron would react. “Oh, well. Um, do you want me to leave?”

“Oh, no I’m going to take a shower now I think,” he said with a smile that seemed forced. “Unless, you’d like to take one first.”

“No, you go ahead,” he said not sure on what to do. He expected Ron to be mad, but he didn’t expect this. It was like Ron didn’t want him to know he saw them. Well, there was only one way to find out. “Er, your mum said you saw Hermione and I…sleeping.”

Ron turned slightly red but kept his composure. “Oh, yeah…you guys were out, I uh…didn’t feel like waking you up.”

“I see. Well, thanks, but…er, listen, Ron. I don’t know what you saw but we just fell asleep and…”

“I know, don’t worry,” he said with a shrug and waved it off. “I figured as much.”

The words he said weren’t too convincing, but if it was what Ron wanted he’d play along. “Okay. Well. I’ll let you get to your shower. Don’t hog all the hot water.”

“Yeah, okay,” he said giving him a small smile before walking out.

Harry shook his head in amazement, completely puzzled on his behavior. He thought he’d have to come in there and convince an angry and accusing Ron that nothing happened and they just fell asleep. Instead, he acted like he was okay with it, although he did a horrible job of it, and he had a feeling that if Harry hadn’t brought it up he would have pretended he never saw them.

He decided to go to Hermione’s room and tell her what happened, but when he gave a little tap and stuck his head in she wasn’t there. “Hermione?”

“Oh, Harry…in here,” her voice called from the bathroom.

Harry closed the bedroom door behind him, gave Crookshanks a quick pat on the head, walked through the bathroom door and froze. “Hermione!” he exclaimed as he covered his eyes with his hands. “Are you mad?!”

“Harry,” she laughed amused. “What’s the big deal? I’m covered.”

“Yeah, in bubbles,” he pointed out with his eyes still covered but he saw enough to see the image stuck in his brain. Hermione was in the tub soaking herself in bubbles with her hair all piled up on her head, exposing her long slender neck. Merlin, the sight was so…what was the word? Sexy. Yep, that’s the word. Sexy. “Hermione, maybe I should come back.”

“Oh Harry, honestly, you can uncover your eyes.”

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea,” he mumbled. “I just came to tell you that Ron was okay with…er…what he saw.”

“He was? Why was he…Harry, I don’t like talking to you while your standing their covering your eyes.”

He sighed. “Fine.” He pulled his hands away but kept his eyes closed. “How’s this?”

“Harry,” she laughed. “Come on.”

Harry grumbled as he shoved his hands in his pockets but opened his eyes. Dammit. Still sexy. “You happy?”

“Yes, now sit on the toilet and tell me what happened.”

Harry chuckled as he did what she said. “All right, you win. Like I said, he acted fine with it, but I could tell he was pretending. It bugged him, but he didn’t want me to know it bugged him. That makes sense?”

“Makes perfect sense,” she said frowning. “Well, all we can do is give him what he wants.”

“Yeah, that’s what I thought.”

“It’s silly,” she said casually as she picked up a bar of soap and started to rub it on her arms. Was she purposely trying to kill him? “I mean all we did is fall asleep, it’s not like we…oops.”

The soap had slipped out of her fingers and fell over the rim of the tub and slid close to his feet. His heart lodged in his throat when she gave him a tentative look. “Do you mind?”

Harry sighed as he picked up the slippery soap that smelled incredibly good and then walked over to Hermione. “Next thing I know, you’ll be asking me to wash your back,” he teased as he handed her the soap.

Hermione rolled her eyes as he took the soap. “I would if I didn’t know you got all flustered over a woman in a bubble bath.”

“I am not flustered,” he countered back. “That’s ridiculous.”

“Oh please,” she laughed as she shook her head. “You better go before you embarrass yourself.”

Harry watched her as she started to rub the soap again, this time peaking a leg out to wash her calve. Of course she would have sexy calves, too. Bloody hell, what was going on? He can’t be attracted to Hermione…could he? “Hermione?”

“Yes?”

He suddenly swooped down on her, placing his hands on either side of the tub, causing her to shriek and sink lower into the bubbles. Harry snickered. “Looks like I’m not the only one who gets flustered.” He then gave her a friendly kiss on her cheek. “See you at dinner.”

Harry didn’t just walk out of the bathroom. He strutted.

5. Chapter 5

WARNING! Short and filler chapter ahead!! So please, go easy on me for the length! I will update soon and it will be a better chapter, I promise!

Chapter 5

If Hermione was upset by Harry’s little performance in the bathroom, she didn’t show it. She even once shared a quick secretive smile with him when no one was looking. They sat next to each other at dinner, but they made sure not to touch each other or talk too much, since Ron was sitting across from them. Ron may have been subtle, but Harry still noticed him keeping a watchful eye on them.

Dinner was longer than usual, due to the many speeches given in honor of Bill and Fleur. It was a little after eleven when things started to quiet down and Hermione leaned into Harry, telling him she was going to bed.

“Are you alright?” Harry asked her quietly when he noticed her fatigue.

“I’m fine, just tired. This was the most active day I’ve had in awhile.”

“Well, sleep good then,” Harry said grabbing her arm to help her out of her seat.

“I will. Good night everyone.”

Harry didn’t last that much longer and said a quick good night, before trudging up the stairs, anxious for sleep. He was halfway up the stairs when he heard someone call his name. He was surprised to see Ginny trotting up the stairs towards him. “Ginny…”

“Harry, I need to talk to you,” she said with a pleading look in her eyes.

“It’s not going to change anything.”

“I know that. Please. Just give me a few minutes.”

“Alright,” he said after a moment. “Go ahead.”

“Here?” Can’t we go to my room or…Oh, alright,” Ginny said when Harry gave her a look. “I just want to say that I’m sorry for what I did. It was stupid and wrong.” Harry stayed silent so she continued. “I also want you to know that I gave you a mild potion, not the strong kind, I would never…”

“That doesn’t make it any less wrong, Ginny.”

“I know,” she assured him. “And I knew it was wrong, that’s why I tried to stop giving it to you, hoping I just gave you a nudge and you loved me on your own.” She sighed. “Every time it started to wear off a little, I noticed you tended to drift off to someone else and so I panicked and gave you more.”

“Just how did you give me the potion?” Ginny opened her mouth to answer, but Harry held up a hand to stop her. “You know what? I don’t think I want to know.”

“Well. Anyway, I’ve been thinking about it a lot and I’ve wondered if you’d have ever noticed me if I didn’t give you anything.”

“Guess we’ll never know now.”

“No. I know. You wouldn’t have. If I hadn’t interfered, I would be surprised if you were with a certain girl you are very close with.”

Harry didn’t have to ask who. “Ginny, we’re just friends.” Or were they?

Ginny snorted a laugh. “Yeah, okay. If you say so. Harry, look…I know what I did was unforgivable, but I hope one day you can learn to do so.”

Harry wanted to stay mad, she tricked him and that was something he’d never thought she was capable of doing. However, he couldn’t help but admire the courage it must have took her to confront him and apologize. “Ginny, I probably won’t forget what you did. I thought you were different then the other girls and that you liked me for me. But I know better now and a part of you will always see the famous Harry Potter.” Ginny’s shoulders slumped as her gaze shifted to the floor. “But, I appreciate the apology.” She looked up hopefully. “It took a lot of guts to come to me and admit you were wrong. I know how stubborn you Weasley’s are.” He gave her a small smile. “So, I forgive you.”

Ginny’s eyes filled. “Oh, Harry.”

“Don’t,” he said suddenly. “Don’t cry. Girls, plus tears, equals a very awkward Harry.”

“Sorry,” she said sniffing back her tears. “Thank you, Harry. You are one of the most kindest people I know.”

Embarrassed, Harry shrugged. “Well.”

Ginny smiled and held out her hand. ‘Friends?”

Harry hesitated, but then grabbed it. “Yeah. Friends.”

Ginny smiled. “See you tomorrow then,” she said before turning back and heading downstairs.

Feeling good about the talk, Harry made his way up the rest of the stairs, planning on going straight to bed. The light seeping through the bottom of Hermione’s door stopped him. What was she doing up?

He slowly opened the door to see Hermione up in bed with the glow of her lantern surrounding her. A book lay open on her lap and was scribbling something in it, obviously focused on her task. Her tongue was peaking out of the corner of her lips, something he realized she did a lot when she was concentrating. He decided to keep quiet for a moment so he could enjoy the pretty picture she made. Once or twice she would pause to push a loose strand out of face, annoyed that it kept falling right back where it started. Her hair was almost as out of control as mine, he thought as he smiled softly. Was Ginny right? Could there be something there? He didn’t know and he didn’t want to think about it. At least not right now.

“Why aren’t you sleeping?”

Hermione’s head snapped up then her eyes widened when she saw him. “Harry!” she shrieked as she slammed her book closed. “I didn’t hear you.”

Harry raised a brow as she turned red. “What you writing there, Hermione?” he asked as he walked to the bed and sat down at her hip.

“Nothing,” she said as she pressed the book against her chest. “Just jotting some stuff in my journal.”

“I didn’t know you kept a journal,” he said eyeing the thick book.

“Honestly, every girl does at some point in there life.” She then held up the book and on the cover was an imprint of the Hogwarts crest. “This is my Hogwarts journal.”

“Hey, didn’t I give you that for Christmas first year?” he asked curiously.

She blushed as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. “Yes, I’ve been writing in it ever since.”

“Really? Am I in there?”

Hermione rolled her eyes. “Really, Harry, what kind of question is that? After all we’ve been through since then, I found time to mention you now and again.”

He grinned. “Were you writing about me just now?”

“No,” she said a little too quickly.

“Liar. What did you say?”

“What a complete prat you are,” she huffed and shooed his seeking hands away. “Go away, Harry, you can’t see it.”

“Maybe I’ll just sneak in later while you are asleep and take a peak.”

She lifted her chin. “Wouldn’t matter, I cast a password for it.”

“Bet I could figure it out.”

“Bet you could, but the book only knows my voice.”

Harry snapped his fingers. “Drat.”

“So,” Hermione said placing the book aside. “Everyone still downstairs?”

“I think so. I, uh…talked to Ginny. Well. She came to me actually.”

“Oh? What she say?”

Harry told her the gist of the conversation, leaving out the part where Ginny mentioned Hermione. “I’ll never forget what she did, but now I guess we can be civil to each other.”

“I’m glad you two talked. She probably still isn’t too happy with me.”

“I’m sure she’ll apologize to you tomorrow.” Sensing her guilt, he took her hand. “You did what you had to do, Hermione. If it wasn’t for you, I’d still be in the dark.”

“I know, I don’t regret it,” she assured him, then waved it off. “Let’s not talk about it.”

“Alright, I’ll go so you can sleep. Or, are you going to finish writing about me in your journal.”

“I’ll probably finish to a stopping point then…” She trailed off when he grinned. “Tricky, Harry. Very tricky.”

“I thought so,” he said with triumph as he stood up to go, but then turned back when he remembered something. “Oh, Hermione?”

“Yeah?” she asked as she grabbed her journal.

“I’m thinking that tomorrow…after the wedding…I might go to my parents house.”

“Really? So soon?”

Harry shrugged. “I’m kind of anxious to see it, but…I want you and Ron there.” Especially you.

“Of course,” she said reaching out for his hand and squeezed it. “We can leave and stay as long as you like.”

“I don’t know how long I can stay,” he said sitting back down when she gave him a little tug. “I might want to leave right when we get there.”

“Whatever you want, Harry, we’ll do it. It’s going to be hard, but we’ll be there right with you.”

“I know,” he said giving her a small smile. “Thanks, Hermione.” He then leaned over and gave her a kiss on the cheek, pleased to see that it made her blush. “So…you going to write about that kiss in your journal?”

“Oh! You’re impossible!” she exclaimed as he pushed him off the bed.

Harry grunted as she shoved her, grunted again when he fell on the floor, but now he was on his back, laughing himself silly while Hermione started to write furiously in her journal.

6. Chapter 6

I am SO sorry this took me so long to update. Although a lot happens in this chapter a lot is still to come. I promise not to take as long as I did to get the next one out! Hope you enjoy this one!

Chapter 6

The wedding went by in a blur. The ceremony started at noon, but was over fairly soon after. Harry stayed close to Hermione through the ceremony and the reception afterwards. She looked beautiful of course, with her royal blue robe and her hair all smooth and sleek as it floated around her. Since she wore it straight, her hair was longer than usual and it almost reached her waist.

He danced with her. Bad idea. He now knew how well they fit pressed up against each other. His problem. He had to get these urges to kiss Hermione out of his head. It was beyond absurd. Where did these feelings come from? What can he do to get rid of them? Agreeing to dance with her again wasn’t a good start.

It was close to three when Bill and Fleur left for their honeymoon, and Harry, Hermione and Ron went to change for the trip to Godric’s Hollow. The apparrated to the outskirts of town and thanks to Lupin’s directions, they were able to find it easily. They passed the cemetery on the way, but Harry told them he wanted to see the house first.

The three stood in front of the rotted door leading into the house, which by the looks of it hasn’t been touched since the night his parents were killed. This was the house that once belonged to them. The house he once knew as his home.

Hermione stood next to him, holding his hand close to his side, as Ron stood on the other side.

Thank Merlin they were there. He didn’t think he could do this without them..

“Are we going in?” Ron asked.

“Yeah,” Harry said. “Sorry, I…”

“Take your time,” Harry,” she said softly, then snuck a quick glare to Ron. “We’ll go in when you are ready.”

Harry squeezed her hand. “Thanks. Just give me a…”

“You three going in there?”

They turned around to see a boy perched on a bike who couldn’t be older than fourteen and a smaller boy on a smaller bike was behind him, smacking on a large piece of gum. “Yes, we were planning on it.”

The older boy shook his head slowly and let out a breath. “Good luck, then. It’s haunted.”

Harry exchanged quick glances with Ron and Hermione. “Really?”

“You bet. Last summer, me and my little brother here spent the night in there on a dare. We didn’t last and lost a few pounds. Junior here screamed like a little girl.”

“The bloody hell I did!” the younger boy exclaimed.

The older boy snorted. “The bloody hell you didn’t.”

Harry couldn’t help but smirk at the brother banter. “It’s okay, my parents lived here. So did I for a year, until they were…until they died.”

To his surprise both of their jaws dropped. “You are the baby that lived here? The legend said you vanished, but no one knew where.”

“Legend?” Hermione asked. “What legend?”

“Oh, everyone in town knows it. No one really knows what happened. The old folks that were around at the time swore they saw a man gliding across the ground on a cloak. Some say they saw flashes of green lights.” The boy shrugged. “No one really knows.”

“So no one has touched it since then?” Harry asked.

“Nope, no one had the guts. Just been rotting away. So, what happened, huh? Wait till the guys get a load of this, they’ll never believe me!”

“Er, actually,” Harry said as he walked down the steps to them. “Do you mind keeping this a secret for a day or two? This is the first time I’ve been back and I don’t want a lot of people around.”

The older boy shrugged. “Sure, not a problem. It’s Shawn you have to worry about, has a flapping mouth on him.”

“Do not!” the younger boy said.

“Do too. Don’t worry, I’ll gag him for a day, it will be my pleasure.”

“You are not gagging me.”

“Then learn to keep your mouth shut.” He turned to Harry. “Good luck, mate. See you around.”

Harry watched them ride off on their bikes, before turning back around and walking back up to where Hermione and Ron still were. “Ready?”

“Whenever you are, Harry,” Hermione said taking his hand when Harry reached for hers.

Harry didn’t even realized he did this, but their fingers were linked as he turned the knob and opened the slowly. It creaked of course. Don’t all old spooky houses creak? The entrance was small and right in front of them was the wooden stairs leading up to the second floor.

Harry didn’t move from the front entrance, it was too much to take in. To the right of him was the dinning room. The table was still there and so was a high chair. Hermione must have seen it, because she gasped and stood closer to him for support.

“This is so weird,” Harry said as he stood still, taking it all in. The boy outside was right, nothing seemed to have been moved. Damaged maybe, and covered with dust, but the furniture was still there, paintings still hung on the wall. They were muggle paintings, since all of them were still.

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Ron was still lingering in the door so he looked over at him to see if anything was wrong. It didn’t’ seem that Ron was even thinking about the house or what he was going through, because his eyes were locked on Harry’s hand that was linked with Hermione’s. He did not look happy.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Hermione said angrily as she glared at Ron. Obviously she had noticed Ron’s jealous behavior as well. “You are going to act like a jealous prat, now?”

Ron let out a sarcastic laugh. “Guess so. You two are obviously in your own element right now and definitely don’t need me. I should just go and leave you two alone. Maybe you two can snuggle again.”

“Ron,” Harry sighed tiredly. “Nothing is…”

“No Harry, don’t,” she said firmly. “He doesn’t deserve an explanation, he should realize what’s going on himself. This isn’t about you, Ron, and I know it’s surprising but the world doesn’t revolve around Ronald Weasley. Can’t you see how hard this is for Harry? Are you that shallow? What would it be like for you if you never knew the Burrow and your parents were killed. You step into the Burrow for the first time in years, how would you feel?”

Ron angrily looked away from her, obviously feeling guilty but too stubborn to admit it. To Harry’s surprise he remained silent and let Hermione continue with the talking. She was obviously saying enough for the both of them.

“You’ve had your chance with me, Ron, you were the one that never asked me out.” Ron looked up at him now, his face paled and his eyes widened with shock. “It’s too late. Maybe if you had asked me during sixth year, instead of snogging Lavender things would be different, but I’m tired of waiting and now I have no desire to be in a relationship with you.” Hermione shook her head hopelessly and turned to Harry. “Let’s go upstairs, I’ve said enough.”

Without waiting for an answer, Hermione led the way up the rickety stairs, not even pausing when the front door slammed shut behind them. They were in the hallway upstairs when Harry finally stopped and tugged at Hermione for her to turn around. “Hermione…”

“I’m sorry, Harry,” she rushed out before he could talk. “It wasn’t the time or place but…but I just got so mad at him! He’s such a little…selfish git sometimes and I just want to….arrgh!”

Harry smiled when she pretended to strangle him with her bare hands. “I know what you mean.” He then leaned down and kissed her on the cheek. “And thanks for standing up for me and…understanding what I’m going through.”

“Oh, Harry,” she said stepping into to him for a hug. “I can’t even imagine what you are going through.”

“It helps that you are here,” he said wrapping his arms around her and resting his chin on top of her head. “No matter what, you’re always next to me when I need you.”

“That’s what best friends are for,” she murmured against his chest.

Harry was about to pull away, but then a door that was slightly opened caught his eye. “Hermione, look,” he said turning her around. “I think…I think that’s my bedroom.”

Hermione reached up to grab his hand that was on her shoulder. “Let’s go in together.”

Harry nodded and together they walked into the room that once was his nursery. The crib was still there. The wood panels were broken here and there and one leg was missing, but it was still standing. A rocking chair was in the corner and Harry could tell it use to be a bright yellow color, but now it was faded and chipped.

“My mum use to rock me in that,” he said as he stared at it. “I don’t know how, but I remember.”

“Being here might trigger some memories,” she said looking around the room. “Oh, Harry look at your mobile. It’s decorated with snitches.” She reached out and touched one her eyes swimming with tears. “It’s just so sad.” She sighed as she turned to face him but then gasped when she stepped on something that cracked under her foot. “What in the…”

Harry watched as she knelt down and picked up what looked like an old picture frame. She turned it over and then her eyes turned soft as she placed a hand over her mouth. “What?” Harry asked as she walked to him. “What is it?”

Hermione held out the picture and he took it hesitantly then looked at the picture under the cracked glass. It was a picture of him and his dad. His dad was sitting on the floor with his legs folded and out, creating a semi circle for his one year old self to sit in. They were both looking up as a golden snitch was flittering close to Harry’s small pudgy fingers. Harry was beaming as his focused green eyes were on the snitch, while his father watched him with pride. Harry then was able to grab it and James clapped while Harry squealed with delight, before letting the snitch go to do it all over again.

Harry sank into the rocking chair as he watched the picture and Hermione sat on the arm of the chair, placing an arm around him while resting her chin on his shoulder. “It’s a beautiful picture, Harry.” She smiled and let out a little laugh. “No wonder you were such a natural at Seeker. You were catching the Snitch before you could walk.”

Harry’s lips curved. “Apparently.”

Hermione then pulled out her wand and pointed it to the framed picture. “Reparo.”

Harry watched in amazement as the crack in the glass disappeared and the rusted silver frame now gleamed. It was as if the picture and the frame was brand new. “Thanks, Hermione.”

“You’re welcome. Maybe we’ll find more pictures while we are here.”

“Maybe,” he said taking a breath as he stood up slowly, setting the picture aside to look at Hermione. “I need to check out their room next, then go visit their graves.”

“Well then,” she said taking his hand. “Let’s go.”

XXX

The sun was setting as Harry and Hermione stood in front of his parents graves. Harry didn’t know what to say, but being there with Hermione helped. “I guess I should introduce you,” Harry finally said giving her a small smile.

“I’d like that,” she said looking at their graves.

“Mum, Dad…this is Hermione.” Harry looked at her and smiled. “She’s been my best friend since first year. Might have started off rocky, but it didn’t take me long to realize how lucky I was to have her as a friend.”

Hermione smiled. “You were just thankful to have someone help me with your homework.”

Harry chuckled. “Maybe at first, but I now know you are more than that.”

“Thank you,” she said and then turned back to the graves. “And I want to thank you two for bringing Harry to the world. He was the first real friend I ever had. Your son has always been a great friend to me, even when we argued he still remained close. He means everything to me.”

Harry’s heart turned sharply at her words. “Hermione.”

“Shh,” she said lifting up on her toes and kissing her cheek. “I’ll let you have some alone time and meet you back at the house.”

“Hermione.” He grabbed her hand before she could go. “I want to stay here tonight. At the house. Will you stay with me? Just one night and then we’ll go back to the Burrow and patch things up with Ron.”

“Of course I’ll stay here with you.” She hugged him tight. “Stay as long as you like. I’ll pick up something to eat and meet you at the house. I’ll fix up your parents room and we’ll stay there.”

Harry blushed a little at the thought of sharing the big king size bed with Hermione. “Er…all right. Thanks.”

When he was alone he sat on the grass facing his parents. “That was Hermione. She really is my best friend, she’s always been there for me. More than anyone. I have another best friend named, Ron, but…we’re in a bit of a spat. We’ve had our differences and he gets jealous of me sometimes.” Harry sighed as he started to pick at the grass. “I’m famous and rich. Big deal. I don’t have you guys. I don’t have a family like he does and it makes me mad that he takes it for granted sometimes.”

He was silent for awhile, then turned to look in the direction Hermione had left. “I’m starting to feel things. For Hermione.” He shook his head as he looked at the ground. “I shouldn’t be, she’s been my friend for so long and I need her. I don’t want to go and mess things up over something that’s probably just a crush. Although, I don’t think that’s the case. Since I’ve known her for so long, it be stupid to have just a crush on her. It be something more, wouldn’t it?”

He shrugged and let out a laugh. “Besides, she’s not the kind of girl you have crushes on.” He shook his head and waved his hand. “I don’t mean that in a bad way, it’s just that Hermione’s the kind of girl that when you really look at her, I mean really look…she’s the most beautiful person in the world.” Thinking of her now made his stomach dance. “My last two girlfriends…Cho and Ginny…they were very pretty. The kind of girls where hormonal gits like me run into something because they can’t stop staring. I then learned that it’s just not about looks. Yes, they were pretty, but they both ended badly. The last one wasn’t even real. How sad is that?” He snorted. “Love potion, can you believe it? What idiot thought that was a good idea to invent?”

Harry started to pick the grass again, creating a nice pile of shredded spears. “I guess what I’m trying to say is, Hermione is special. It took me awhile to realize it and now that I do know, I’m scared to do something about it. She’s too valuable as a friend and let’s not forget Ron, who also has a crush on her. Dad, it be like if you found out Sirius liked Mum, too. It makes matters worse.” He sighed. “I wish you were here so you can tell me what to do. Maybe you can send me some sort a sign or silently urge me to do something. Just a thought.”

Harry stood up, brushing off the shredded spears of grass from his pants. “I better go. Thanks for listening and I’m glad I finally got to visit you two. I love you both. I’ll be back to visit. Whether here or joining you up there…I’ll be back.”

With that said, he turned on his heels and started to make his way back to the house to meet Hermione.

7. Chapter 7

Here it is! Took me a little long, but not as long as the last one, like I promised. Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 7

“The room looks fantastic, Hermione,” Harry said as he walked into his parents bedroom. It was no longer covered in dust, but now everything looked brand new. The king sized bed was draped in a burgundy comforter with piles of pillows against the headboard. It looked very inviting and although he was nervous, he was also looking forward to sharing the bed with Hermione.

“I cleaned the bathroom, too,” Hermione said as she walked further into the room. “Your parents have a huge bathtub.” She grinned. “Bet they had fun with that.”

Harry winced. “Ew. Gross. Inappropriate, Hermione.”

She laughed as she shook her head. “Well, how do you think you got here?”

“A stork dropped me off,” he said and playfully shoved her. “Now drop it. Want me to talk about your parents getting it on in a dentist chair?”

Hermione’s jaw dropped. “Harry! That’s disgusting!”

He chuckled. “Let’s drop the subject all together, shall we?”

“Sorry I ever brought it up,” she said then smiled. “I actually have something for you. I found it while cleaning up.”

“Oh? And what’s that?”

She smiled as she fished her hand in the pocket of her jean skirt and pulled out something gold and sparkly. It was a Snitch. “It was just lying there under rubble. Waiting to be found.”

Harry reached out with a shaky hand and took the Snitch from Hermione. As soon as he touched it the Snitch came to life as he flitted and danced around him. He grinned as he lifted a hand to grab it. “It’s as if it recognizes me.”

“It probably does,” Hermione said. “They make Snitches for kids. It’s different then a regular one, the one made for kids is suppose to recognize him or her.”

“Looks like it wants to play,” Harry laughed as the Snitch continued to fly around his head. Harry caught the Snitch then grinned at Hermione. “Want to play a game?”

Hermione rolled her eyes. “First of all, like I could beat you, and second, we don’t have any brooms.”

“So we’ll make it interesting.” Harry then grabbed her hand and yanked her to the bed. “Come on, up on the bed.”

“Harry, what are you doing?” she laughed as she crawled up with him on the bed

Harry stretched out on his back and then gestured Hermione to do the same. She rolled on to her back beside him then gave him an amused look. “Now what?”

“Okay, here are the rules. We let the Snitch loose and we have to stay still on our backs. We can move our hands to defend or capture the Snitch. First one who does, wins.”

“That hardly seems fair, I’m not the expert Seeker here.”

“All right, I’ll use my left hand to catch, okay?” He then playfully nudged her. “Come on, Hermione it’s just a game. Do you know how long it’s been since I’ve played Quidditch? This is the closest I’m going to get.”

“All right, if it means that much to you.” She held out her hand and waited for Harry to release the Snitch. “First one to catch wins?”

“Yeah, you ready?” Harry asked with a grin. “How bout we wait ten seconds after I release it, then it’s game time.”

“Deal.”

Harry then released it and they both counted allowed to ten as the Snitch flew close to their fingertips. On ten Harry tried to reach out for it, but Hermione laughed as she pushed him away with her arm. They playfully nudged each other, laughing together as they tried to knock the other person’s seeking hand away.

“You know you don’t have a chance, Hermione,” Harry said as he tried to reach for the Snitch,

but it flew away.

“Probably not,” she said as the Snitch moved over to the farther side of Harry. “Guess I have to play dirty.”

Before Harry could grab the Snitch, Hermione all of the sudden rolled over him and knocking his hand out of the way. “Hermione!” he laughed as she fell on top of him making the grab. “That’s cheating!”

Hermione grinned as she held out the Snitch. “Well, it was the only way I was going to win.”

“And this from a girl who always plays by the rules. I’m truly shocked.”

“You shouldn’t be, you and Ron were the ones that corrupted me.”

“Hmm, I guess you have a point.”

She grinned and so did he, then both shared a laugh as Hermione let go of the Snitch. It wasn’t long after, when Harry first paid notice to the feel of Hermione spread out on top of him. His laughter died slowly and his smile dropped as both of them breathed heavily. Their mouths were inches apart and Harry noticed Hermione’s eyes flicker down to his own mouth, causing his heart to race. Merlin, how did this happen? One second they were having a harmless game, the next, they were tangled up together on the bed.

Kiss her.

He didn’t know where the voice in his head came from, but he knew it wasn’t his own. But it was a strong voice, a voice he couldn’t ignore. “The hell with it,” he whispered and cupped the back of her neck and pulled her mouth down on his.

He immediately slid his tongue into her mouth, afraid that she would pull away before he had the chance to taste her. But she didn’t pull away, instead she met his kiss head on, kissing him back with as much urgency as him. He gripped handfuls of her hair as he groaned into her mouth, running his tongue across hers, as she nipped frantically at his lips.

They rolled together on the wide bed, their mouths never pulling apart, until finally he was the one on top. For awhile now he had imagined being this way with Hermione, and now that he was actually kissing and touching Hermione, it was even better than he ever dreamed. It wasn’t awkward or shy, it was perfect. Like they have always been together this way.

Harry groped for her hands, then linked his fingers with hers before pinning her hands above her head. He finally moved his mouth away from hers, but then buried his face in her neck, leaving open mouth kisses on her soft skin.

“Harry,” she gasped as she wrapped her legs tightly around his waist, since her hands were pinned. “What are we doing?”

“Having a brilliant snog,” Harry whispered into her mouth before he took it again.

She moaned against his mouth and opened for him again, letting him taste her over and over again. “But…we don’t do that,” she whispered but lifted her head off the pillow to meet another greedy kiss.

“I know,” he murmured catching his breath for a moment then kissed her softly. “This is a first for us.”

She fought against his hands, obviously wanting freedom and at first he was afraid she wanted to stop. Luckily, she wanted her hands only for the use of touching him and he wasn’t going to complain about that. “I hope it’s not our last,” she said diving her hands into his hair.

“Merlin, me too,” he groaned and they met in an even more desperate kiss as they rolled together again.

Her hands snuck under his shirt and he shivered when they traveled up his bare back. He pulled away from her mouth when he realized she was tugging at his shirt. She pulled it quickly over his head, causing his glasses to lay crooked on his nose. She giggled as she took the frames off and set them aside.

He leaned down and started kissing her again, a habit he was already hooked on. “I just can’t seem to stop.”

“Then don’t,” she said as her hands ran up and down his back and shoulders. “You feel nice.”

He shivered at her touch. “That feels nice,” he murmured as he moved his lips back to her neck while his hands started to wander. He didn’t even realize his hand cupped her breasts through her cotton shirt, until she gasped in shock as she arched her back off the bed. “Sorry, I…”

“No,” she whispered firmly as she held his hand firmly in place. “Please…don’t stop.”

Not wanting to disappoint, he continued to caress her. “Feel good?”

She nodded, biting her lip as she moved against him. “No one’s ever…I never imagined…it would feel so good.”

Pleased, he grinned. “I like the fact that no one else has touched you,” he murmured then dipped his head down and kissed her softly. “I’m the first.”

“And last,” she whispered cupping his face with her hands.

Harry’s eyes softened at her words and his heart tumbled. “Hermione.”

“Shh,” she said and kissed him long and slowly, before rolling him over to his back then sat up as she straddled him.

“My glasses,” he said reaching for them. “I can’t see you clearly.” He put them on and Hermione’s face became clear as she grinned down at him. She felt good, straddling on top of him and had the biggest urge to lift up his hips to her. She was too far away though, so he sat up as well, running his hands up her thighs that were exposed thanks to her skirt bunched up almost to her waist.

“Harry,” she gasped as his hands snuck underneath the denim to cup her bum pressing her close to him.

Their lips met again, kissing each other as if their life depended on it, while Harry moved one hand to sneak under her blouse. He found her naked under the thin cotton material and groaned when his hand met soft flesh. “You’re not wearing a bra.”

“I don’t wear one,” she murmured against his lips. “I use magic to support them.”

Harry groaned as snuck his other hand under her blouse, giving him access to both of her breasts. “You are bloody brilliant,” he said with a slight grin.

“Thanks,” she whispered then pulled back only long enough for her to pull her blouse over her head.

Harry watched in fascination as her hair fell down her naked back and bare shoulders. “You’re beautiful.”

She blushed as she looked down. “I’m not, I’m just…”

“Perfect,” he said tilting her chin up with his hand so he could kiss her. They wrapped their arms around and moaned at the feel of their bare chests pressed up against one another. This was insane. Insane, but absolutely wonderful. But was it too fast? Too sudden? He didn’t want to rush anything, this wasn’t just some girl to scratch an itch, this was Hermione.

Harry pulled away slowly, reaching up to grab her wrists while her hands cupped his face. He rested his forehead on hers and tried to catch his breath. “Hermione, I…this is going so fast.”

“I know,” she said softly and let out a shaky breath. “It feels so right though.”

He nodded in agreement as he pulled her close and buried his face in her hair. He nuzzled her neck and she shivered. “We don’t have to rush this, Hermione. We just…I mean, we were just friends ten minutes ago and now…”

“Now, we’re rolling around in bed half naked,” she said with a hint of laughter while she strummed her fingers in his hair. “I know what you’re saying, Harry, and if we lived a normal life and were normal teenagers, then I might agree with you.”

His heart hitched up in his throat as he leaned back to look at her. Her hands moved out of his hair and rested on his shoulders while Harry’s hands moved up and down her ribcage. “Hermione, are you saying…”

“All I know, Harry, is that this started since first year.” She gave a little shrug. “At least for me.”

Harry’s eyes widened. “First year? Hermione, we were just kids.”

Hermione huffed. “Honestly, Harry, I didn’t mean that I was wanting to tear up the sheets with you at eleven.”

Harry’s eyes widened. “I’m glad for that, I would have been terrified.”

She grinned. “What I’m saying is, that ever since I saw you leap up the back of that troll.” She sighed dreamily. “At the time I was too scare to think, but afterwards all I could think of was you and how that one dangerous act of bravery was for me.”

Now embarrassed he tried to shrug it off. “It really wasn’t that big of a deal.”

“It was a huge deal…for me.” She kissed him softly. “Then the years grew and I just fell in love with you. You were my best friend. You will always be my best friend, this doesn’t change that.”

Touched, he pressed a palm to her cheek. “Hermione, I’m sorry it took me so long to…”

“Don’t apologize, we simply weren’t ready yet.” She turned her head and kissed his hand. “Until now. Everything we’ve been through has led us here…together.”

“You’re right,” he said grabbing both her hands and kissed them. “We’re together now and I want to be with you. In every way possible, but…I don’t want to pressure you into doing anything…”

She silenced him by placing a finger against his lips. “This might be the last chance we can be alone for a long time, Harry. I want you.” She wrapped her arms around him, kissing him softly as she moved her hips against him. “Please, Harry. Touch me. Make love to me.”

He groaned into her mouth as he kissed her deeply, then smoothly flipped her and laid her gently on her back. “I’ll be gentle with you, Hermione. I won’t hurt you.”

“I know you won’t,” she said with a soft smile. “I trust you more than anyone.”

Hearing that made all the nerves inside him flitter out. She trusted him and that meant the world to him. He leaned down and kissed her mouth, taking his time and making sure not to rush. He’d start at her lovely mouth and then work his way down until she all but trembled under him.

He couldn’t wait to get started.

8. Chapter 8

Hey guys, thanks for all the great reviews. I know some of you were saying how quickly things changed between Harry and Hermione and wished it would have dragged out more, but I think ya’ll are forgetting that this fic was never planned on being long. It’s going to be quick and fluffy. I think I have another fic planned that will last a whole lot longer and it’s mostly a post Hogwarts, taking place right after the war. It will be more dragged out and much longer. But this is just a quickie ;-) The next chapter has a bunch more fluffy goodness for you then…a little bit of a cliffhanger. Sorry…well, no I’m not. I just LOVE them. Enjoy!

Chapter 8

Harry knew he should move. He was practically crushing her. His muscles were like water, his brain was fuzzy and he was still currently deep inside her. He was out a breath and so was she, after all they just used about all their energy on each other.

Their friendship had just turned a drastic change and surprisingly, he wasn’t the least bit worried about it. It felt right being with her intimately. Sure, they could have waited and took their time, but nothing would have changed his feelings towards her. Besides, neither of them knew just how much time they had left.

“Hermione?” he finally said as he tilted his head up slightly allowing his mouth to graze her throat. “Are you all right?”

“Hmm…I can’t move.”

“I know, I’m on top of you. Once I find the strength I’ll get off.”

“Don’t hurry on my account.” She sighed as she wrapped her arms around him. “That was amazing.”

“Amazing,” he agreed and then propped himself on his elbows. “I’ve never done half the things I just did with you, so I’m glad it was okay.”

“Better than okay,” Hermione said with a grin. “You’ve got some good moves, Harry Potter. Must be the Quidditch.”

“Must be.” He kissed her and then smiled against his lips. “Although I just found something better than Quidditch.”

She giggled under him and Harry then rolled off onto his back, bringing her along so she now nestled against him. “Harry,” she said with a small laugh. “We just had sex on your parents bed.”

Harry tilted his chin down to share an amused look with her, before they both busted out laughing. “Well, maybe next we can move to the bathtub.”

“That’s a definite possibility.” She sighed as she snuggled closer. “But for now, we should probably get some sleep.”

“Are you cold?” He asked rubbing his hand up and down her arm. “We can get under the covers.”

“Okay,” she said sitting up so they could pull down the comforter. “Er…where’s my shirt?”

“I have no idea,” he said with a grin. “Why do you need it?”

Hermione blushed. “I don’t think I’m quite comfortable yet sleeping naked.”

“We’ll work on it,” he said as he helped her slip under the covers then bent down over the side of the bed to retrieve his shirt. “For now you can sleep in this.”

“Thanks,” she said gratefully.

As Hermione slipped on his shirt, he rummaged on his boxers. Not that he cared about sleeping naked with Hermione, he was all for it, but he didn’t want to make Hermione uncomfortable in any way. Once they were both situated Harry rolled onto his side and pulled Hermione’s back against his chest as they both shared the same pillow.

“This feels nice,” Hermione murmured as she snuggled closer to him. “How did I sleep without you for seventeen years?”

Harry smiled as he kissed the crown of her head. “We have a lot of lonely nights to make up for.”

“Harry?” Hermione asked after a moment of silence.

“Yeah?”

“We’re going to have to tell Ron. It’s not going to be easy, but we have to be honest.”

“I know,” he agreed and kissed her bare shoulder that was exposed by his shirt that was too big for her. “We’ll worry about that tomorrow. We’ll go to the Burrow and the three of us will all sit down and talk it through.”

“We can’t lose him as a friend, Harry. Not now.”

“No, we won’t.” He gave him a squeeze to assure her. “I need the both of you right now. Hopefully, he’ll understand that.”

“We’ll make him understand,” she said and then turned her head so they could share one last kiss. “Good night, Harry.”

“Night, Hermione.” Harry closed his eyes and pressed his lips at the top of her head. “Sleep well.”

XXX

When Harry woke up the next morning, he had no trouble remembering where he was. He instantly recalled where he was, who he was with and what he did with that person. With his eyes still closed and a smile on his face he blindly reached for Hermione, but frowned and opened his eyes when he felt warm sheets instead of soft skin.

He lifted his head off the pillow, blinking in his surroundings for any sign of her. He was just about to panic when he suddenly registered the sound of the shower running front the bathroom. He sighed with relief, before crawling out of the bed himself. Dressed only in his boxers he padded over to the bathroom and slowly opened the door. The shower curtain was closed and Harry smiled when he heard her hum softly to herself.

Not able to resist, Harry quietly walked up to the shower curtain, paused a moment, then finally flung the curtain aside. “Hermione!”

Hermione screamed at the top of her lungs as she jumped back and modestly covered herself with his hands. Harry snickered. “A little late to be modest, don’t you think?”

“Harry Potter, you…scared…me…to….death!” she exclaimed, slapping him on the arm at every word.

“Sorry,” he said rubbing his arm. “I couldn’t resist.”

Hermione scowled as she pushed her wet hair out of her face. “Try harder next time.”

Thrilled there might be a next time, Harry grinned as he reached out to brush a knuckle over the tip of her breast. “Can I join you? Or are you too mad at me?”

“I’m too mad,” she said and then gasped when he paid attention to her other breast. She then gripped his hand and pressed it more firmly against her. “But do you have to ask?”

She then surprised him by yanking him into the shower. “Hermione,” Harry laughed as he stumbled in. “I still have my boxers on.”

“Not my problem,” she said before launching herself onto him and attacking his mouth with hers.

Harry muffled a grunt against her mouth while he caught her around the waist. After recovering from the shock, he groaned and finally kissed her back urgently as they both stepped under the spray. “Merlin,” Harry panted as he pulled away. “I think I like this aggressive side of you, Hermione.”

“You must bring it out of me.” She kissed him against, as she slowly turned them until the spray hit Harry’s back. “I was right you know. Back in fifth year, when I told you that you weren’t a bad kisser.”

“Oh?” He nipped at her mouth then sucked on her bottom lip, causing her to shiver. “How good am I?”

“Bloody fantastic. Best I ever had.”

Harry pulled back and frowned. “And how many have you had?”

She smirked. “Aw, a jealous Harry. How sweet.”

He rolled his eyes. “Please, I’m hardly jealous after the things I got to do to you last night.” With that said, he moved his hands sneakily over her bum and pressed her close. “I’m just curious is all.”

Hermione circled her arms around his neck, leaning back so he could see her. “First there was Victor. At the time, I thought he was great, but I had no one to compare with.”

“Until me?”

“Until Bobby.”

“Bobby?” His brows rose. “Who the hell is Bobby?”

“A muggle that grew up across the street from me.” She sighed dreamily at the thought of him. “He was my first crush and apparently he liked how I looked after I grew up. The short time I was home after fourth year, he had a party for his sixteenth birthday. We both knew it wasn’t anything serious, but I stayed late after and we snogged for a bit. It was nice.”

“Okay, I lied. I am jealous. Where can I find this Bobby and dispose of him?”

Hermione laughed as she kissed him. “No worries, Harry, he’s old news and he has nothing on you. Neither does Victor. You’re kisses curl my toes, Harry and I didn’t think that was possible.”

“That’s wonderful to hear,” he murmured then kissed her long and slow, making sure that the two guys in her past were long forgotten. He groaned and kissed her more aggressively when Hermione slipped her hands under his wet boxers.

She dragged them over his waist then pulled back from his eager mouth so she could drag them down to his ankles. He quickly kicked them aside, anxious to have Hermione back in his arms, but instead she got on her knees and trailed kisses up his thigh. “Hermione,” he choked when her tongue ran over his pelvic bone. Bloody hell. She was lingering dangerously close to his…

“Holy shit.” Harry staggered back slightly at the feel of her mouth closing around him. Overwhelmed, Harry slapped a hand to the wall of the shower, hoping it would keep his knees from buckling. “Hermione,” he gasped and closed his eyes as he tried to focus, but her mouth was sucking harder and moving faster. “Wait…bloody hell, I’m gonna…”

He was trying to tell her to stop, but if she stopped he would surly die. He reached down to grip her hair, planning on pulling her up, but instead ran his hand softly over her hair, which apparently urged her to continue, because she was not letting up. It was too late and he felt himself start to creep closer to the edge. He hissed out a breath and clenched a fistful of her hair and finally slumped against the tile wall.

Out of breath, he stared dumbstruck as Hermione stood up with a satisfying grin on her face. “Could you please pass the soap please, Harry?” she asked as she snuck back under the spray.

Harry let out a shaky laugh as he shook his head in disbelief. Hermione just blew him away…literally, and she casually asks him for the soap? Yeah, well, he’ll give her the soap. HE would be the soap. “Turn around.”

Hermione blinked. “I’m sorry?”

“Turn around,” he said taking her shoulders and turned her so she was facing the wall. “Brace yourself,” he said as he nudged her arms up until her hands were pressed over her head. “Let me get a good lather.”

“Harry…”

“Shh,” he said as he rubbed the soap between his hands, then placed it in the small soap tray perched on the wall. “Just relax.” He started at her hands, covering them on the wall before bringing them down her arms and over her shoulders. “Over the years you’ve found ways to touch me, Hermione.” His hands slid to the sides of her breasts before swooping them around and cupping them softly. “A hand on my shoulder, grabbing my arm in fear, giving me your famous bone crushing hugs or grabbing my hand as you dragged me to the library on a Saturday.” He squeezed her gently as he planted kisses on her neck, noticing how her breathing became short and ragged.

“Then last night you touched me intimately and everything changed for me. I love all the ways you’ve touched me, Hermione.” His hand spread over to her flat belly, then to her hips as his fingers caressed her inner thighs. “Do you like this, Hermione? Me touching you?”

“Yes,” she gasped when his fingers traveled higher on her thighs. “Please, Harry…”

She didn’t have to ask what she wanted, her body responded to him so well it told him all he needed to know. “Open your legs for me,” he murmured as he nipped at the nape of her neck. She did as he asked whimpering his name as she did and Harry didn’t waste anymore time. He plunged his finger deep inside her and she moaned as she moved against his hand. He set a pace with his finger and she matched it greedily, groaning and gasping his name, which only encouraged him to go faster.

Knowing she was close, he turned her around so she faced him and before she could ever open her mouth to speak, he dropped to his knees. He swung her leg over his shoulder and replaced his finger with his mouth and tongue.

“Oh god,” she moaned as a hand clenched his hair. “Harry, I can’t…Harry.”

She wasn’t going to last much longer, she was about to fall and fall fast. He worked faster and sucked harder, wanting her to come as long and hard as he did. When her body tensed he knew that was it and her long high pitch cry was music to his ears. Her one leg buckled and he caught her around the waist, running his mouth and tongue back up her body until it reached her mouth. “Hermione?”

She sighed dreamily as her eyes fluttered open. “Hmm?”

He gave her a quick peck on the lips and pulled back from her. “Pass me the shampoo, will you love?”

Hermione shook her head firmly as if she was trying to get out of a daze. She then blinked up at him, obviously registering on what he said as he smirked back at her. Laughter bubbled up in her throat as she playfully pushed him away. “Harry, you little snake!”

Harry laughed as she pushed her again, but then dragged her back and held her close, lifting her off her feet. “Hermione, I’m crazy about you.”

She giggled as she nuzzled her face in his neck. “That’s good since I’m crazy about you as well.”


Harry killed her temple, then her cheek and when she lifted her head, kissed her on the mouth. Both of them laughed as he drowned them under the spray, then laughter turned to moans as they kissed each other deeply. Harry backed her against the wall again and was about to show her what he had in mind next, when he heard someone calling him. He pulled back suddenly and listened closely.

Hermione frowned up at him. “Harry…”

“Shh, I think I hear…” He trailed of when he heard the bedroom door open and Hermione gasped, placing a hand over her mouth.

“Harry?” the voice called out again.

Harry widened his eyes. “Our clothes!” he whispred.

“I put them in the hamper this morning,” she assured him then froze when the bathroom door opened.

“Harry, is that you?”

Harry held a finger to his lips, telling her to be quiet and she nodded in understanding. He then turned and poked his head out. “Ron…what are you doing here?”

9. Chapter 9

Hello my faithful readers! Sorry it took me a little longer to update, but Thanksgiving was busy, plus my birthday WAS Thanksgiving this year so it’s been kind of a long weekend. My friends are taking me out tonight, which will be fun, but always scary since my guy friends like to buy me shots. I took nine last year and was fine and went to work the next day, while my guy friends had hangovers. Wimps! They weren’t too happy about that and I’m afraid since I won’t have to go to work tomorrow I might be a little more willing to take some shots. We shall see!

As for the story, it’s done! Told you it was going to be short and sweet. I might later do a sequel or something, but for now it’s done. I’m anxious to start my new fic which will be post Hogwarts and full of fun pairings and lots of passion and romance. It WILL be rated NC 17 and I know how all you love that;-) So look for that! But now, enjoy the last chapter and I’m so glad everyone enjoyed The Little Things.

Chapter 9

Ron shoved his hands in his pockets. “Sorry, I just…I came back to talk to the both of you. Er, I tried calling your names as I walked up the stairs but I guess you didn’t hear me over the shower.”

“Er, no I didn’t,” Harry said as he tried his best not to look guilty. “I’ll be right out though.”

“Where’s Hermione?”

Oh, she’s right behind me naked from head to toe. “Er…I think she was taking a bath in the other bathroom. Why don’t you go downstairs and we’ll both meet you.”

“Oh, okay,” he said with a nod. “I’ll just wait in the den. Er…why is the place all nice now? Hermione?”

Harry gave him a small smile. “Yeah, she did a quick clean on it. Nice, huh?”

“Yeah. Er, well I’ll let you finish your shower.”

Harry watched as Ron turned and walked out the door. He kept quiet until he heard the bedroom door close then turned around to Hermione. “He’s gone.”

Hermione closed her eyes and let out a breath. “That was too close, Harry.”

“I know,” he said and kissed her forehead. “But it’s okay. I’ll get out first and you stay hidden in the bathroom until I head out.”

“Okay,” she said as she leaned up and kissed him softly. “I’m sorry we got interrupted.”

Harry sighed. “Me too.” He kissed her again. “You have know idea how sorry I am.”

XXX

Harry found Ron waiting for them in the den sitting in one of the arm chairs by the sofa. He stood up when Harry walked into the room and Harry gave him a small smile. “Er…Hermione’s on her way down.”

“Oh, well.” Ron sat back down as Harry walked over to sit on the couch. “I have a lot to say to you and Hermione, Harry, so I just assume wait for her so I won’t have to repeat anything.”

Harry nodded. “Sure, that’s fine.”

Luckily Hermione was nearly right behind him and the awkward silence didn’t last too long. Both Harry and Ron went to their feet when Hermione entered the room, dressed back into her skirt and blouse, which was now obviously clean and pressed magically. Harry thought she looked fresh and vibrant and couldn’t help but grin at the knowledge that he was the one that put that afterglow in her.

“Hello, Ron,” Hermione said softly as she walked over to the sofa where Ron was sitting.

“Hi,” he said as he sat back down in his chair while Harry and Hermione did the same on the sofa. “I have a lot to say so I guess I’ll get right to it. So, if you don’t mind just letting me do the talking for now and when I’m done you can either curse me or forgive me.”

Ron took a deep breath and looked at Hermione. “The things you told me…”

“Ron, I’m sorry I was so hurtful. I shouldn’t have…”

“Don’t,” he said holding up a hand. “Please, don’t apologize, everything you said was the truth. Rude and blunt seemed to be the only way to get through to me and it worked. I should have asked you out when I had the chance and a part of me was wondering why I never did.

“At the Burrow when I was sulking in my room, Luna walked in…I know, random…don’t ask.” He took a breath. “Anyway, considering I had no one to talk to she was the lucky candidate. She asked me why I didn’t ever ask you out, Hermione, and although I didn’t have a clue she came up with something that seemed a bit accurate.”

Ron gave her a smile. “You see, she made me realize that maybe I never really fancied you, that it was more of myself being afraid that…I don’t know, that some…bloke would take you away from me and Harry.”

Hermione’s eyes softened. “Oh, Ron…”

“It’s silly, I know, but it makes sense. When you were with Krum or kept in touch with him in anyway I got a little worried that you would ditch us to go off with him. I hated the thought, I mean we’re lost without you, Hermione. I’m sure Harry realizes that as well.”

Harry gave him a small smile and a nod. “I do.”

“So, my jealousy was always there, I just took it wrong and figured I liked you. Granted, I didn’t particularly like the idea of fancying you Hermione, no offense, but you’re a lot of work.”

Hermione let out a laugh as she wiped the tear that escaped her. “I know I am, Ron.” Noticing her tears, Harry placed a hand on her back for support.

Ron shifted uncomfortably and cleared his throat. “So…then I’ve…noticed lately that the two of you started to get closer and of course…I panicked and acted like a prat. I was just scared that you two would get together and the leave me in the lurk. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve felt in the dark between you two, it was so frustrating.”

“Ron, we’ve never meant to leave you out of anything.”

“I know, Harry,” he said with a slight nod. “That only makes it more frustrating.” Ron then got up to pace. “Luna, then asked me something else. After I realized I didn’t fancy you Hermione, she asked me how I would feel if…if the two of you were to…well, you know…get together.”

Harry and Hermione gave each other a quick look, before Harry looked back at Ron. “And?”

Ron stopped pacing for a moment then plopped back down in his chair. “I didn’t rightfully know at first, the whole idea weirds me out, but then I thought to myself. Would I rather have some stupid bloke I don’t know take Hermione away from me…or Harry?” He gave a little shrug. “Then the answer was simple.

“I don’t mean to make you two uncomfortable or anything and I don’t even know if there is anything going on between the two of you. Luna told me she always thought something was going on between you two, but the truth of the matter is I…I guess I would be okay with it.”

Harry felt his heart hitch to his throat and a huge weight lift off his shoulders. Could it be that easy? “Ron…I…this is kind of a shock, I mean it’s like you changed overnight.”

Ron shrugged. “Luna and I talked pretty much all night. She’s a very good listener.”

Harry shared a grin with Hermione. “Really now?”

“Oh, don’t look at me like that, it’s not like that. Er…at least I don’t think it’s like that.” He waved his hands. “I’m straying off topic here, what I mean is…I’ve been upfront with you two and if there is something going I want you to be honest with me. If not, then just tell me I’m completely overreacting and you two are only friends. Whatever you say I’ll believe you and deal with it.”

Harry looked at Hermione not knowing what to say, but Hermione then stood up and walked over to Ron where she knelt in front of him taking his hands in hers. “Yesterday, during our fight…nothing had happened between Harry and me. We were telling you the truth then, however….things have changed…overnight.” Hermione squeezed his hands when he looked down and waited for him to look back at her. “We were planning on going to the Burrow today and talk to you about it.”

Ron nodded his head. “No, it’s fine. I’m okay…or at least I will be.”

“Ron,” she said firmly. “This only changes between Harry and I, the trio…you are still as important to us as ever. We both need you, Ron, I hope you realize that. No stupid bloke will take me away from you. Even if the stupid bloke is Harry.”

“Hey,” Harry said with a laugh. “I’m right here.”

Hermione and Ron shared a smile and then she gave Harry a wink. “Sorry.”

“Ron,” Harry said getting up to his feet and kneeling next to Hermione. “Look, you know I’m no good at the mushy stuff, I’ll leave that to Hermione, but I can managed to tell you this. You are my best mate…nothing is going to change that. I need both of you right now, this next adventure of ours will not be fun and it will be dangerous. I would really appreciate if you would come with Hermione and I.” Harry grinned. “Just because I’d rather snog Hermione doesn’t mean I still don’t need you.”

“Oh sod it,” Ron laughed playfully shoving him so he would fall back on the floor.

Hermione laughed and then flew her arms around Ron. “Are you sure you’re okay, Ron? You’re not mad?”

He smiled at Harry over his shoulder as he stroked her hair. “Twenty four hours ago I would have been livid…but no…I’m not mad.” He leaned back out of the hug and Hermione reached down to help Harry off the floor. “Although, do me a favor and keep the snogging as private as possible, okay?”

Harry laughed while Hermione blushed. “We’ll do our best.”

“I better get back to the Burrow. Oh, Harry…another thing…Luna wants to come with us. I told her about the Horcruxes and she really wants to be a part of it.”

“If she really wants to go then I guess I can’t stop her. She knows the risks?”

“Yes, I even tried to talk her out of it, believe me.” He rolled her eyes. “The girl is about as stubborn as you are, Hermione.”

She grinned. “Then she’ll fit right in. And maybe you’ll also have a snogging partner for the journey.”

Ron turned as red as his hair and his jaw dropped. “Hermione, it’s not like that!”

Harry and Hermione both laughed. “Okay, Ron…whatever you say.”

Ron shook his head hopelessly. “I’ll see you two prats later.”

Once they were alone, Hermione leaped onto Harry who caught her and stumbled onto the couch. “Hermione,” he laughed. “Happy much?”

“It all worked out Harry,” she said giving him a loud hard kiss on the mouth. “Everything’s back to normal.”

Harry raised a brow. “Everything?” he asked slipping his hands on her waist and under her shirt.

Hermione gasped when his hands easily found her bare breasts. “Okay, well…maybe not everything,” she said leaning down to kiss him deeply. “When do you think we should head back to the Burrow?”

“No hurry,” he said pulling back so Hermione could pull his shirt over his head, then he did the same to Hermione. “I’d like to finish what we started in the shower.”

Hermione sighed as he trailed his lips over her neck. “Good idea. Who knows when will be the next time we can be alone.”

“We’ll find ways,” he said as he helped her get rid of her skirt. “I can’t go long without having you again, that’s for sure.”

“We’ll get through this won’t we, Harry?” she asked as she lifted herself up on her knees and tilted his head up away from her breasts he was giving attention to so he could look up at her. “You’ll get through this?”

“I can’t promise you that, Hermione,” he said and then kissed her softly. “But I can promise you that I’ll do whatever I can to come back to you. Now that we’ve found each other I’m not too keen on the idea of losing you.”

“You won’t.” Hermione then slowly sank herself onto him, while Harry gasped and lifted his hips urgently to hers. “You have me in every way, Harry.” Hermione gripped the back of the couch on either side of Harry’s head as she began to ride him. “You’re my soul mate.”

“Hermione,” he gasped as he gripped her hips and urged her to go faster. “I’ll never stop…oh god…I’ll never stop loving you.” He then reached for her, wrapping his arms around her while he buried his face in her neck and rode out the final wave with her.

“I’ll never stop loving you,” he said again as they both trembled and held onto each other as if their lives depended on it.

Hermione sighed as she strummed her fingers lazily through his hair while his head rested tiredly on her shoulder. She kissed the top of his head while they felt both their hearts racing together. “I’ll never stop either. I love you, Harry. All of you.”

Harry closed his eyes as he let her words coax him and comfort him. She loved him. Together, they had come and tumbled into love and Harry knew that it was the little things that started it all. Now, what the had together was so huge and powerful that not even Voldemort could defeat their love.

Harry was quite sure he just discovered the power he knows not. Not just love. But Hermione’s love. And there was definitely nothing little about that.

THE END