Quiet Revelations

jms granger

Rating: PG
Genres: Drama, Romance
Relationships: Harry & Hermione
Book: Harry & Hermione, Books 1 - 6
Published: 24/10/2005
Last Updated: 08/12/2005
Status: In Progress

A follow on to HBP, the trio on their search for the Horcruxes accross known places, although never yet seen. The message of love and betrayal is at the heart of this tale, and the importance of 'the truth'. They have also been the heart of Harry Potter, but how will they effect him when the end draws nearer?a full plot is abound and any holes in them at the beginniing are totally artistic(I hope!). Review please, even flames would be welcomed! Enjoy.

1. The Truth


Quiet Revelations

The Truth

A cold foggy gloom had descended over England for the entire summer, puzzling meteorologists all over the world, there was just no reason why it should be happening and in the end they decided to give up on finding out. When the journalists looked at the summer they all realized that a lot of puzzling things had been going on, from the weird fog, to almost constant sightings of owls, even during the middle of the day, not to mention the nastier aspects of the summer. Their had been a huge increase in the murder rates causing all to worry, all except the government, who kept on telling people that it was expected, that the country was at war with terrorism, and that unexpected murders were to be expected. If murders were to be expected, although no one seemed to agree with this pessimistic opinion, what was with all the accidents? Tornadoes and hurricanes were still tearing apart England, gas explosion were quickly becoming a weekly event, and since when can bridge as big as that simply disappear? Things weren't getting strange anymore, they already were, but the question on everyone's lips was just how weird could things get?

The Prime Minister was criticized heavily, although no one could think of anything he could have done differently (mainly due to the fact that they knew nothing of why this was happening) everyone seemed to believe that the Prime Minister knew more than he was letting on. The Prime Minister himself seemed more and more worried with the passing of the days, looking tired and being bullied by the journalists and the opposition, even his supporters had now started. The Prime Minister really hated his job nowadays; everyone seemed to hate him, even his closest friends had left his confidence and to all this his wife and young kid had tragically died when an `oven fire' had destroyed Downing Street. Everyday he swore revenge on that man, but knew that revenge would be impossible, especially when speaking of Him

`If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times' the Prime Minister sighed `there is nothing we can do, the right services are working on it'.

`But who are the right services?' A cabinet member said.

`I've spoken to C.I.D, the S.A.S the MET, even the F.B.I in America, and no one knows anything of this terrorist group' Another Barked.

`But I…u checked…with all of…. There are…trust me when I say this' The Prime Minister realized that this was going even worse than he originally thought, he had to convince them that all was going to be fine, easier said than done when you don't believe it yourself `I've spoken with the best, you wouldn't have heard of them let alone spoke to them, it's a need to know basis, and I need to know!' this was going well, he even started to believe it.

`So tell us some facts, WE need to know as well!' someone shouted.

`Ok, ill tell you the basics, obviously not all facts can be disclosed, but I know you'll walk away happier' The Prime Minister was feeling the strain, how much could he tell? `The people dealing with this are the Min… The M.O.M, they are specifically skilled in this area of terrorism, and the terrorists are self styled as the… Death…Eaters' He whispered, not enjoying the butterfly sensation in his stomach made even by saying their name out loud.

The room had gone quiet, he could tell that with their awkward looks at each other they were thinking just how much of his mind he had lost, he knew he had to press home these disclosures, or he may as well start looking for another job, maybe a chef he thought with a grin.

`So that's who the main players are, all but one, and trust me when I say to you that this one is worse than all the rest, a hundred fold over, his name is Lor…' He Didn't want to say that name out loud, he feared him way too much now, `He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named' He had ended rather strongly, and knew he had really captured the audience, maybe being a chef was wrong for him, an actor seemed much more fitting.

`Excellent' came a voice from the shadowy corner as all eyes strained to see who it was, `excellent Speech indeed, maybe you should be writing mine!' the Shadowy man exclaimed almost amused `but for the time being I will have to settle for my own speeches, and as fate has it I have one for you right now…'

The Prime Minister was worried, who was this man, surely not Fudge, definitely not the Other Minister, if he would only leave the Shadows. He had grown very accustomed to them appearing, some weeks it was a daily occurrence, after the death of Mr. Dumbledore all hell had broke loose. He realized quickly that all the others were now looking terrified, a small laugh had escaped his lips before he could stop himself as he remembered when this was new for him too. He walked to his seat, having just realized that he had stood up and left it for his speech, the stranger was right, it was a particularly good one. The Stranger seemed to be waiting for him to sit down, in a courteous, gentlemanly manner, which was very weird in his dealings with Fudge and Mr. Scrimgeour, who tended to treat him like a teenager at best. The Prime Minister, feeling like trying to see how far this respect could push him took a moment to do his tie up properly, still waiting, tucked his shirt in, still waiting, looked at the time (half past 11at night!)He even tied his shoe laces in an attempt to get some sort of reaction, but the stranger was still waiting. The prime minister found himself to be obsessed with who this man was, deciding on sitting down quickly to find out, unfortunately the rush meant that he had tripped slightly and fumbled nervously with the desk before sitting down. Damn, the Prime Minister thought, his clumsiness had always ruined moments for him, but this wasn't ruined, his obsession still carried on as he stared at the Stranger.

`Thank you, Mr. Prime Minister, and may I say that's a lovely tie and watch you have, I would have had to check them myself as well, but tying your shoes when there already tied, I'm not even that eccentric!' the stranger chuckled, The Prime Minister felt his cheeks flush, this evidently wasn't a man he could intimidate, `So to Business, The Prime Minister told you some things, although I am sure he would of told you everything as you do so deserve to know if I hadn't rudely interrupted, please accept my sincere apologies…' they could see the outline of the shadowy figure low in an obvious bow `so my speech will start with the truth…'

At the same time as the stranger was giving his speech to the cabinet, a boy of 16, soon to turn 17, was sitting expectantly in his favorite space, in the chair his best friend had made for him just by the window. He had grown a bit over the summer, and had filled out, with slightly broader shoulders than last year, his hair was still as untidy as ever, slightly longer nowadays as to help hide his scar. As he looked out of the window into the darkness that had encumbered number 4 Privet Drive he couldn't help but break into a small smile, in half an hours time he was going to turn 17 and with it he would come of age, be an adult and thus leave the misery that followed him wherever he went in this damn house. This house had always been like a prison for him, when he was a year old after the murders of his parents by the most evil and feared person of all time Lord Voldemort, he had been sent to live here with his aunt and uncle, the Dursley's. They were the worse type of muggles imaginable and actively went out of their way to make Harry's life miserable because of what they viewed in him as being `weird'. Harry was weird though, Harry was a Wizard and a `thumpin good un' as well, now he was trained up a bit.

This summer had been a lot better than the last couple, mainly due to the fact that now he had his two best friends with him, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. Two years ago, he had almost died, Cedric a fellow pupil at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry had died and Voldemort had been able to recapture his body and came back to full power. Nightmares still haunted him of that night in the graveyard. Last year he had been lured into a trap, which meant that his Godfather Sirius Black had also been murdered, that night he had also just escaped Lord Voldemort again, thanks to his mentor Albus Dumbledore, the greatest Wizard of the age. Now Dumbledore was dead, murdered by Snape, a professor who had tricked Dumbledore into thinking he was a spy against Voldemort, in fact he ended up not as his spy but as his murderer. Harry had realized that people always died at the end of the year, well it'll probably be me this year he found himself thinking darkly.

Dumbledore's death had hit him hard, he couldn't deny that, but not as hard as the last couple summer's, he was older and wiser, and now he had to be in control, no more being protected. Ron had helped him a lot during the summer, he was overly happy a lot of the time, Harry suspected that this was as much for his needs than Harry's, and their trips around London with Ron's Hysterical questions about Muggles constantly lightening the mood. `wooo, I still cant get it into my head that they just sit there still all day!' Ron exclaimed for perhaps the thousandth time `I mean, don't they just get bored?' Ron had always found muggle photos that never moved to be the strangest thing in the world, Harry thought he must be feeling similar to when Harry first arrived at Hogwarts and the pictures constantly moved, it had taken him months to get used to them. However Ron did have a particularly annoying way of bringing Ginny, Harry's Girlfriend of the previous year and also Ron's little sister, in most of their conversations. Harry often remarked to himself how weird it was that he was worried of hurting Ron by getting together with Ginny, obviously he had loved the idea of Harry with his little sister, Ron could be rather unpredictable at times.

Hermione on the other hand had been perhaps the highlight of the summer in his mind thanks to the fact that she seemed to be back to her old self. Last year had been very trying for Harry as Hermione and Ron grew away from them. Harry accepted why with Ron, he had started dating Lavender, but Hermione had grown distant as well. Harry realized that Hermione liked Ron and his new romance must have been hard for her, but Hermione acting like a jealous little girl? Harry admitted, however bad it made him feel, that he just didn't like Hermione that much last year. Another problem was that last year she just didn't seem to be there for him, his theories on Snape and Malfoy were disregarded by her and he was left alone to his investigations. Anyway she seemed back to her normal self, consoling Harry after the death of Dumbledore, making plans for their operation, bickering with Ron, she even was thinking of trying to push S.P.E.W again, now she was out of school and sure to meet other likewise people. Also she didn't feel the need to relate the hunt for the pieces of Voldemort's soul contained in the Horcruxes to how Ginny found one of the Horcruxes in the second year and how it might be good for Harry to go see her, like Ron often did. Harry was happy to have both his friends back this year, last year had been rather lonely, and now all he had left were these two.

Harry looked up to the repaired alarm clock on the desk; the answer almost startled him, 3 minutes to 12, 5 minutes till he was 17. He wondered if this would be the last of his birthdays, he was destined to either be murdered by Voldemort or murder him, and although he knew he was a good Wizard, he really didn't rate his chances against the most powerful wizard in the world, which Voldemort was with the untimely death of Dumbledore. Harry wiped his forehead as sweat started to cover him, a cold sweat which he knew to agree with the likelihood of his murder.

Harry shook his head like he was trying to physically remove the thought from inside his head, before looking at the clock again, one minute till he was 17. This reminded him of a little shack far out to sea, in which Vernon Dursley had hid him, trying to stop Hogwarts from getting in touch with him. Fortunately for Harry, and the wizarding world, Hagrid had rescued him, telling Harry he was a Wizard.

30 seconds left, god he was looking forward to being able to hex Dudley, a lifetime of hate was ready for revenge. Ron had done his fair share, but Harry needed to get revenge for himself. Could he hear something out side the door?

15 seconds left and Harry could feel his heartbeat soaring, maybe he'd go see Ginny, one day couldn't mark her as a target could it? That creaking again, probably Dudley…

10 seconds remaining till he was 17, he couldn't see Ginny, which just wasn't fair to her, he couldn't be with her, not till after this…

5 seconds, what is Dudley doing out there, not exactly subtle whatever it is?

3 seconds, 2 seconds, 1 second, he was 17.

BANG, the door crashed open in obvious force, before Harry realized what was happening he was on his feet, his wand pointed at where he expected his enemies head to be, yelling `Impedimenta!'

`Stop' came a frightened squeal, as a red bolt flew over the persons head, slamming quietly into the door opposite. `It's me' came the voice again. Harry looked down a good foot down from where he expected to see Lord Voldemort's head and saw a girl scared almost to tears with big bushy brown hair and big watery brown eyed, in which he instantly recognized his best friend Hermione Granger to be standing.

`Oh…Shit, I'm so sorry' Harry half yelped running over to her and pulling her into what he hoped to be an `I'm sorry' hug. Obviously it worked as Hermione melted into his arms as he ran his hands over her to make sure she wasn't hurt anywhere. She slightly stiffened to this search but gave up the argument and allowed him to continue, and finally when Harry evidently found no sign of any injuries, he pulled away, realizing that Hermione still looked rather sheepish. Harry didn't find this surprising as her best friend had just tried to curse her to pieces.

`I'm so sorry Hermione…I thought it was Voldemort…I was sure…' Harry apologized, before tightening up a bit before saying, rather meaner than he planned to do `actually what the hell are you doing sneaking up on me, what did you think would happen!'

Hermione had obviously just regained her limitless control and simple waved his objection away, Harry knew that he could no longer frighten her like he could a few years back, time had cemented their friendship way past fear `isn't it obvious?' she said. Harry thought for a few moments unable to think of a single reason she could be in the room, she had an obvious glow to her rather happy and excited smile, what had he forgotten?

`What?' Harry stumbled.

`Don't be silly…'she said, glee still etched in her face `It's your birthday and I so wanted to be the first to say…'

`Happy Birthday, Harry' came Ron's interruption, obviously still only half woken by Harry's attack `and nice of you to wake us up Hermione'. Ron never saw the murderous look that she now gave Ron as his face was still buried in his pillow, something on the verge of Snape's look of loathing for Harry and Cho Chang's look of tears, yet again for Harry. `But if you don't mind, I think it's a good idea if we get back asleep and give Harry his present's tomorrow, don't you?' Ron said stifling many yawns. Hermione stood in between tears and pure undiluted anger again for another couple seconds before pushing past Harry and slapping Ron with as much force as she could muster, which as Harry remembered her punch on Malfoy in the third year, is an awful lot.

`YOU ABSOLUTE GIT!' Hermione yelled at Ron, who was lying down with both hands to his face trying to wipe the sting from it `I had just said I wanted to be the first to say it to Harry, you…fucking twat' hissed Hermione with a lower, much more dangerous voice. Both Harry and Ron stood stock still, amazed that Hermione, school prefect and enforcer of rules in their lives, had just sworn. Hermione just stood their glowering at Ron. Harry was the first to react.

`Hermione…' He said softly knowing she could easily go of at him next when in this sort of mood `thank you for…you know…but maybe this can wait…till the morning?' Harry ended hopefully and rather lamely.

Hermione looked at him, anger evident in her eyes which fortunately for Harry melted quickly away to embarrassment, `I'm sorry Harry…I cant believe I…I've ruined your birthday!' she said letting out a little sob as her eyes became watery `ok, I'm of to bed, ill give you the present tomorrow, I'm…Sorry' she yelped running from the room, leaving a bewildered Harry and Ron in the room.

`What the hell was that?' Ron said, now scratching at his face after finding rubbing hadn't worked as planned.

Half an hour later Harry laid in his bed, which had been magically stretched in order to fit him and Ron, done by Hermione naturally, thinking to himself. He couldn't believe Hermione had flipped like that, he had known her to before, but always at someone else not at Ron. Actually it did usually seem to be Ron he accepted, their love was still weird for Harry. He preferred how he had things with Ginny, lustful admitted, but comfortable as well, no need for the dramatics of his best friends. Maybe he would go and see Ginny tomorrow after all, what's one day in the grand scheme of things. He looked over at Ron about to ask him about Ginny and stopped, Damn he thought, can't ask him. He wished he was bunking now with Hermione under the stairs, which of course she had enlarged it and put silencing and protective charms on it, she'd be much more help. Although most people who had seen this birthday as a disaster it wasn't for Harry. It was perfect he thought to himself before he fell asleep with a soft grin on his face and thoughts of Hermione slapping Ron, absolute perfect.


-->

2. Crosses To Bear


Crosses to Bear

Harry had been dreaming, a dream of loved ones, this was now common for him, some nights just of the loved ones happy, others of the death that usually followed, this one though, perhaps unfortunately, Harry was never to remember, as he was awoken with a shock. 2 big brown eyes were looming above his face, barely an inch from his face, he could see a strange beauty in them he couldn't place.

`Dobby, Sir, come to give Master Potter his present!' squealed the excited house elf obviously in glee at what he had believed to be perfectly normal.

`What did I tell you before, if you want to wake me, poke me or something' Harry said rather cruder than was needed as he leaned over to grab his glasses, a loud noise seemed to be digging into Harry's ears, probably a Rock Song that Dudley was now into. Why did Dobby keep on doing this, Harry couldn't fathom, why he had such love for Harry he'd never know. It's like stray dogs Harry thought, u let them stay then you can't get rid of them. Harry slipped on the glasses and looked at Dobby, the tears in his eyes were evident, damn Harry thought, made him cry.

`I'm sorry, Dobby, Really, I'm just not a morning per…' Harry stopped as he noticed his room. The room had been completely decorated in bright baubles which were squeaking `Happy Birthday', Gryffindor posters which had roaring sound effects and another painting done by Dobby, this time a little more recognizable as Harry. The room, although looking about as hideous as a room could look, and actually managed to sound worse, was obviously Dobby's idea of the best present in the world, Harry was quick to realize that the effort and cost of this present meant a lot, that Dobby had tried his little green, orange and purple socks off that he was wearing on his ears. `Oh…thank you Dobby, It's…fantastic' Harry lied. This time Dobby's tears were evidently for joy as he threw himself into a big hug with Harry.

`Master Potter, you are too kind, too kind by half' Dobby said tears streaming down his face `But Dobby doesn't matter sir, Dobby is soon to be fired sir and would love to be...' Dobby struggled with his request `in Master Potter's employment, Sir'

`What do you mean fired!' Harry commanded. Who would fire Dobby and why? He already knew the answer, Dumbledore had been the one to pay him, now whoever was in charge would run things differently. Harry had been considering this, he didn't think McGonagall would get the job, she was a great witch but Harry got the impression that she didn't have the same contacts that Dumbledore exercised. Harry also thought that Rufus Scrimgeour would of carried on Fudge's work of control over Hogwarts hadn't it meant going up against Dumbledore and consequently, Harry didn't enjoy admitting it, himself, the chosen one. He thought this one of the reasons for Scrimgeour trying to get Harry in bed with him, as to bring down Dumbledore and that him saying Harry was `Dumbledore's man through and through' was obviously showing this. But would Harry take Dobby on as a house elf, and to what house? The answer was instantly obvious to Harry.

`Of course Dobby, I'd be Honored' Harry stated with a little bow, which made Dobby break into perhaps his biggest crying fit of his life `but Dobby, there are conditions, first you get no less than 20 galleons a week, don't shriek Dobby, and also two days of a week' Harry ordered, Dobby who was still in tears, `plus Hermione can work out pensions and health schemes with you' he added with a grin and gleam in his eye knowing how funny the two would be together working this out.

`Master Potter, you are the greatest wizard in the world, truly you are, and Dobby will perform all of your tasks and more perfectly or suffer the greatest torment Dobby can bestow upon myself!' Dobby exclaimed excitedly. `I take it I will be going to number 12 Grimmauld place, Master? And I will make it fit for the chosen one who will vanquish the…!'

A knock on the door interrupted what Harry thought was going to be a very long winded praise of himself, something he was glad for. Hermione and Ron entered the room, both looking extremely shocked at the decorations laid out for Harry. Hermione let out a squeal and pulled Dobby into a hug, evidently S.P.E.W was now very much on the forefront of her mind. `Great to see you Dobby, what a surprise, and how lovely the room is, and oh, is that Harry, you're a wonderful artist!' spewed Hermione in a long flow of words, Ron directly behind her raised an eyebrow at Harry then at the portrait.

`Ahhh,' Ron exclaimed in his most pretentious aristocratic voice `blimey! Another Dobby original, and how marvelous, it's of Harry Potter!' causing Harry to suppress a laugh.

`It is marvelous to see you Miss Granger, you are more beautiful than ever!' Dobby said earnestly making Hermione blush `and Noble Mr. Weasley, you have grown even taller!' Harry almost laughed out loud at this, having to fake a cough. `I am now the new house elf for the most noble and powerful and excellent wizard, Harry Potter' now it was Harry's turn to blush, had Harry made a mistake in employing Dobby, or should he just go ahead and get Colin Creevey as well.

`Don't worry Hermione, he's being paid 20 Galleons a week, 2 days of a week and your to arrange pensions and the like' Dobby shuddered to hear how well he was to be treated again, Hermione on the other hand positively beamed at Harry.

`If it is ok with Master Dobby has work to go to, Kreacher had neglected his duties in that house, Dobby will get to work and repair all!' obviously excited at the prospect of a morning of work, Harry nodded and with a simple `Happy Birthday' and a loud crack he disappparated. Harry lifted a wand waved it at the walls, and all the decorations disappeared. Harry sighed, sat up in his bed and looked at his best friends `So am I going to have to wait all day or have you got some presents for me?' He said with a huge grin, Happy with how his Birthday was turning out.

`Here mate, open mine first' said Ron flinging him a big package, Hermione eyeing him slightly angrily. Harry opened the package to find a full set of quidditch robes. `Not being at school doesn't mean we can't still play, I got mine as well! Ron excitedly explained `and I know Ginny got some as well!' Ron added slyly making Harry stare away pointedly `thanks Ron, It's great!' fully meaning it, especially the Ginny part.

`Now mine!' Hermione said gleefully passing Harry a small box carefully `I knew what I wanted to get you, I was reading in the library and stumbled across it but it was surprisingly hard to find' Hermione said as Harry opened the box, what he found surprised him.

`A snitch' Harry asked, the reply was instant like Hermione was waiting for that question `open it up'. As Harry looked for a way to open it he found a small catch on the side, opening it he was confronted by the images of the three of them in their 4 year at the Yule ball. `Amazing' Harry stammered, realizing again how good Hermione looked then.

`That's not all, watch this…Sirius' She said pointing her wand at the locket and the picture turned to a picture of Sirius Laughing at the Christmas party, fifth year. Although the image of his dead Godfather whose death he still partly blamed himself for was a bit of a shock, the happiness on his face made Harry glow inside. `I've put about 50 in their, say whoever you want to see then say next till you find the one you want, watch this…Hermione' the first picture of the three at the Yule ball, `next…' a picture of Hermione as a cat from the second year Harry and Ron laughed out loud at that, even Hermione chuckled ` Colin Creevey had that one, Beggar took it without me realizing, thought you'd like it…next' and their sat the present day Hermione, smiling at him from the photo, in what Harry realized as his cupboard, he couldn't help but notice that she probably looked even better in it than at the Yule ball. `Took that yesterday, as a practice' she positively beamed at Harry.

`It's…amazing Hermione, I mean you outdid yourself, and that's saying something, thanks both of you, it's the best birthday ever' said Harry as he surveyed his two best friends. Both were obviously delighted, Hermione even had a slight tear in her eye. For the first Birthday in his life he felt completely content. And Dobby was right, Hermione was looking more beautiful than ever and Ron had surely grown again. This Birthday was perfect so far, now onto the plan he had thought through all summer…

`Now, if you don't mind waiting up here and packing your things ready to go, ill be back in a second' Harry said with an glint in his eye as this two best friends exchanged confused looks between each other, `I think its time for a Dursley house meeting, and I'm the one calling it…'

************************************************************************

Harry sat down on the large cushioned couch usually reserved for uncle Vernon staring at the Dursley's and watching them obviously squirm under the distress Harry had been causing for them that morning, and the problems they could only guess were still to come. He had gone into their rooms, using Levicorpus to remove them from their beds, a twinge of guilt emitting from him for using one of Snape's spells, a guilt he quickly banished, before ordering a house meeting to commence in 5 minutes. He now stood there watching the Dursley's awaiting him to speak, all 3 of them having gone an off colour of green. Oh, how Harry was enjoying this. After what must have felt like eternity for the Dursley's Harry spoke, in the cool confidant voice he found he now had, coming out when action was needed to be taken.

`It's good that you came, running away would of meant this would have taken so much longer, and time it seems is running against me at the moment' Harry softly said, knowing fully that this was just 1 big intimidating show made Harry feel elated `So I will speak quick to you, say what I need to say, do what I need to do…' he trailed of for the dramatic purpose, `but first is your chance to make your case…I'm listening'.

Harry knew full well that there was no case to be said, hell he couldn't even fathom a single idea what they could possibly have to say, but being on the wrong end of countless telling offs by the professors at Hogwarts, Snape and McGonagall jumped instantly to Harry's mind, meant that he had long ago realized that it was very easy to sit still, look repentant and mumble apologies, but when you were asked to talk for yourself, that's where the real problems came. He watched the Dursley's give the reaction he knew they would, Vernon looked crossed between the verge of anger and of running from the house in fear to never return, Dudley looked to his parents, tears evident in his eyes, and Petunia…Petunia was looking appraisingly at Harry. Harry Hadn't expected that. What could she be appraising Harry wondered, no fear was evident in her face as she cleared her throat to speak.

`Make our case you ask us? You really don't understand anything do you? You are still a filthy little freak who will never understand' Petunia snarled at Harry who could only blink in response. He knew he had to regain control, scaring the Dursley's was number one priority, to actually hurt them wasn't a real option, just a fantasy Harry often had.

`Yes Petunia, make your case. A decade I lived not knowing I was a wizard for your ignorant preju…' Harry started before Petunia cut him of.

`Think you brat, what has the magical world brought you? The knowledge your parents where horrible murdered, that the murderer tried to kill you, that in this world they still try to kill you, and those you love? Your parents, your godfather, your headmaster, all dead. You should make your case as to why it's worth it' Petunia said this time without the disgust from earlier.

To say Harry was shocked would be a gross understatement, Petunia had pin pointed all of Harry's greatest fears, of losing those he loved, of his own fears for life and the big question of why? Today though was not a day for being sullen, but a day for action, he turned this to anger.

`HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT?' Harry bellowed at Petunia who flinched under Harry's anger. Dudley and Vernon on the other hand looked perfectly mortified, Dudley now with tears in his eyes. `WHAT COULD YOU KNOW! THESE ARE MY CROSSES TO BEAR, AND YOU DARE THROW THEM IN MY FACE!' Harry screamed once more, he had to keep his emotions in check, wandless magic was definitely on the cards with anger like this, the next he spoke was with forced calm `but this matters not, as I said there my crosses, you have yours also. You abused me for a decade, no matter what you say it was wrong and disgusting, and trust me when I say it will come back to get you, mark my words'. It was evident in Harry's tone that this was a threat, and Harry knew that the threat would be carried through as well, not yet but the plan had already started.

`Harry…' Petunia whispered `there's…things…I have to tell you'

Harry had expected this, he had spent hours considering it. His fifth year summer had showed that Petunia knew something, Harry had decided he didn't need to know yet. However much he wanted this riddle to be solved he knew that it would distract him from Voldemort, this revelation could wait. `Petunia, I know you know something, trust me when I tell you that one day soon I will hear it from you, but I cant now. Now Dursley's, I must be going' Harry said as he stood up to leave `Oh, one last thing…' and with a wave of his wand Dudley's ears turned into them of a pig, `that's better, just if you had that tail still' Harry laughed at the panicking Dursley family as he strode from the room to find his 2 best friends waiting for him.

`That was cool mate, can I go add the tail?' Ron said. Harry couldn't help but laugh, even Hermione let out a soft chuckle before adding `What is it with you and Dudley's arse?' recalling the previous weeks endeavors to make Dudley sit on a whoopee cushion, a joke Ron had found in a Muggle joke shop and thought fantastic.

`Cut it out you two' Harry said sternly making Ron and Hermione stop in their tracks, after waiting for a moment Harry added `We all know its Hermione who's obsessed with his arse!' Causing Ron to burst out in laughter saying between it `Yeah, always watching him wiggle it, and I thought you liked them a bit smaller!' Hermione during this was blushing furiously before playfully slapping the other two.

`You two are soooo mean' Hermione playfully pouted `well we better get going, you decided where yet Harry? Grimmauld?

`I was thinking we could stop by the Burrow? Didn't Ginny's last letter say that her summer was boring so far, shed love to see us…' Ron said, the word `us' but blatantly meaning Harry. At the beginning of summer this would of created an awkward silence, now though Harry was use to it, he joked to himself that where with Hermione you had to hear `Hogwarts: A History', with Ron you had to hear Ginny. Harry scorned himself for this like he did every time he used this metaphor. Honestly, comparing Ginny to one of Hermione's books was very unfair of him, especially as he really did like her, and there was no way any book was as hot as that girl!

`I've already decided where we're headed' Harry pronounced thinking quickly to himself, why doesn't he take Ron's idea, go see Ginny, even if just for an hour, but then again when has Harry Potter the `hero' ever done the selfish thing, damn his hero complex as Hermione would call it `Were going to Grimmauld, we need to start to put our plans into action'. Ron although looking down a touch stood resolutely at this, Harry knew Ron realized just how serious the plan was, and Hermione naturally enough had just as much determination burning in her eyes.

Harry approached their things and sent them to Grimmauld Place, feeling his heavy heart in his chest at the knowledge that he would soon be in his late godfather's house for the first time since his passing. Upon hearing the crack that had meant Ron had disapparated already he turned to look at Hermione who was watching him closely.

`Don't worry Harry, we're there for you' Hermione whispered softly, all Harry could manage to this was a solemn nod `and this isn't really Sirius' home, you know he never loved it, it was just a house to him' Hermione carried on biting her lip ever so slightly.

`I know, Hermione, I know' Harry spoke `But…you know...it just hurts sometimes, that's all…now before Ron thinks were adding a tail to that rear end of Dudley's we've all seen you admiring we better head his way' Harry joked, knowing Hermione didn't buy this feeble attempt at hiding his feelings. Hermione looked for a moment walked over to Harry, took his hand in hers and Harry felt the sense of squeezing all over his body he knew apparition to cause.


-->

3. To Face the Future Tomorrow


To Face the Future Tomorrow

Although the week had passed quickly for Harry and his 2 best friends Harry hadn't really felt at ease the whole time. What he thought was to be a blessing in coming of age had actually set him up with a lot of worries, he had left school, owned and lived in his own house (a house in which his dead godfather had been kept as a practical prisoner), but now he had no one there for safety. His parents had died, Sirius was gone and now Dumbledore was gone too, the idea created more than a little anxiety for Harry. The idea that in essence he was now in the leader role for not only his best friends but also for the whole of the wizarding world was a challenging proposition he was forced to consider daily. What if he wasn't up to the challenge (which he really doubted he was), what would happen to everyone he cared about? Harry forced himself to keep busy at all times in order to starve of these thoughts, of which he knew no good could come of, the future was there to be faced tomorrow, not today, after all.

Their time in Grimmauld was no vacation for them, a fact Ron grumbled about 10 times a day at least, work had to be done and the preparations for the year had to be made. They each had been given a job which they had planned during the summer, work which needed to be done for the basis of their mission against Voldemort, even Ron had accepted that the work just had to be done.

As they sat down for a lighthearted chat before bed after another long days work in their particular field, as they weren't seeing that much of each other they kept rigidly to this nocturnal habit, Harry couldn't help but smile, watching Ron reminiscing a story from their earlier days as they looked through the pictures in Harry's birthday present.

`…yeah, so the trolls got hold of Harry, and he's all screaming like a girl…'Ron was splurging out the story of their first Halloween when Harry interrupted.

`I was not screaming like a girl!' Harry said indignantly, while Hermione scuffed and mumbled what Harry thought was `sexist' under her breath. Ron however just carried on his story over the top of them.

`Well, sorry mate, but you were kind of a girl, don't worry I wont tell Ginny that! But you weren't as bad as Hermione here, wailing at me to save her life' Ron told the 2, Hermione shocked in disbelief `but you two are lucky I was there, kept my head, thought of what magic to use, stunned that Troll, all by myself I add… must have been about 50 foot tall…' Ron ended a thoughtful grin etched across his face as he stared of picturing his heroics. Harry looked at Hermione and realized that she was going to retaliate, he had seen her do that to Ron too many times to not recognize the look in her eyes, indignant anger Harry thought to himself.

`That was not what happened and you full well know that Ronald Weasley, u egregious imp!' she yelled at him `Harry jumped on the Troll to distract it, and I was not begging you for help! You panicked and used the first spell you thought of `wingardium leviosa' and was lucky to not get us all killed!'

`Or worse, expelled' Harry added cheekily, causing both of his friends to pause for a moment to stop their bickering, before bursting into laughter. Harry loved watching his friends like this, carefree and enjoying themselves, at time like this Harry liked to think of what their lives may like after the war. A moment passed as the Three regrouped themselves after their fit of laughter

`Ha-ha Harry…god I was frightful back then, wasn't I?' Hermione said looking slightly amused at how wrong her priorities were in earlier years, wrong but also untroubled.

`Nah Hermione, you were cool, just took a bit of getting to know you first' Ron said to her gently `then we realized just how special you are…'

Harry looked away from the pair, he felt awkward and a little unjust at this flirty behavior from them, he was there after all, and they were in his house! Harry instantly felt horrible for thinking this, it wasn't just his house, not really, it was theirs. He forced himself to look around the living room they were in, Grimmauld place was different now, and a lot of this was owed to Ron.

Ron, they had all accepted, was in charge of day to day living, which largely consisted of making Grimmauld Place hospitable. On the first day Ron was overjoyed to realize that Dobby had been hired for the same job, but not so happy when he found out that although Dobby could take care of quite a good amount of cleaning, there was still a lot to go. On top of that most furnisher, decoratings and simple things like cutlery and utensils were either beyond help or just missing meant that a lot of shopping was on Ron's agenda. If Harry thought that the whining over the work was enough to drive Him mad the whining over this made him feel like he would need a recovery stay in St. Mungo's. Excusing this though Harry was amazed at how good Ron was at this job, the depressing air that floated through the house was definitely lifting, with the personal touches Ron had added for the 4 of them, Hermione had demanded that Dobby counted as a `flat mate', meant that Harry was quickly seeing Grimmauld as his home, well more than Privet Drive anyway.

`Mate, you there?' Ron said as a slight twinge of anxiety found its way into his voice, snapping Harry out of contemplating Ron's handiwork with Grimmauld Place.

`Sorry…just thinking, you know bout this place' Harry said before he saw the look on his friends faces drop and realized how that must of sounded `no, no, good thoughts, I was just thinking that this place is feeling like home, with you guys here' he added hurriedly. This seemed to work as Ron looked relieved while Hermione positively beamed at this.

`Cheers mate, you know some people do have the knack!' Ron said proudly while looking around to admire his handiwork `I was just saying I have to be up at 6 tomorrow, Carpets being delivered, I had to get rid of the carpet here, in the upstairs dining room I think there's spilt blood! And don't forget were going to the Burrow Tomorrow, can't believe Bill's getting married in two days, crazy! Anyway, I got to get to sleep, see you two in the morning' He said cheerfully before giving Hermione a quick hug and bounding of to bed.

A few moments passed as Harry just watched the fire in the hearth burn away, feeling completely relaxed, knowing that his two best friends were with him through thick and thin. Harry soon noticed that Hermione had been watching him the while time, that appraising look in her face that made him realized she had something to ask him, after waiting for a moment to see if she'd drop it before it started he said `Spit it out then Hermione'.

`What?' she said totally bewildered, staring at Harry.

`You want to ask me something? I can see it in your eyes, don't you, and go on and spit it out.' Harry answered, smiling to himself.

`You realized…you really know me well' Hermione said blushingly `Well, I wanted to talk about Ginny actually, oh Harry don't get angry' Hermione said obviously able to see the anger building in Harry's face. He was use to Ron going on about Ginny but Hermione had stayed clear of the issue, a fact he personally commended her for. `It's just we haven't talked about it yet, and I want to know its not hurting you too much, I am your friend aren't I?' Hermione ended.

Horrible trick that, Harry thought to himself, using our friendship so I don't get angry at her. `I'm ok Hermione…' Was Harry's lame reply, he quickly realized he was going to have to say more. `Well it was hard at first, hurt a lot if you must know, but you and Ron have helped me get my mind of her. Actually it's mainly been you to get my mind of her…'at this Hermione blushed puzzling Harry, `…as thanks to Ron I hear more about her than when I was going out with her! I miss her, but its not painful anymore, does that make any sense?' Harry asked.

`Oh, yeah, busy minds and all. I'm going to go up, I've got a book to get through before the burrow, otherwise ill be miles behind my deadline, this wedding has come at just the wrong time!' Hermione sighed.

Predictably enough, Hermione's job in Grimmauld was research based, Harry knew that the library in Grimmauld was huge and very old, thus it was the perfect idea for her job. It made Harry feel a lot better knowing that Hermione was researching Horcruxes as he realized that he didn't really know anything about them, and especially on how to destroy them, he thought of Dumbledore's shriveled hand and didn't believe that he'd fair anywhere near that good without this research. Hermione, naturally, took to the job in high spirits, often Harry was pulled from whatever he was doing to the library to look at information she had found, and even Harry found it to be exciting. Not only was she researching Horcruxes but anything of help, in just a week quite a few spells and curses were added to their ever increasing repertoire. Harry often laughed at the shrills of delight he heard occasionally from the library, listened for the thunderous steps down the stairs he knew would come and prepared to watch as she burst into the room to drag him away.

`One last thing Harry' Hermione said softly `Don't worry what the future holds, tomorrow might be a big day, but I know you'll have many, many more ahead of you'.

Harry watched her as she said this, knowing that she meant it fully, before she ran over gave him a tight hug and ran of up to her bedroom. Harry stared after her for a moment, a slight depression seemed to fill the air, mourning her departure, and if the air isn't Harry thought, then he was. Harry couldn't wait to see Ginny, he missed the feel of her in his arms, feeling her breath on his face. Ginny was special to him, he knew that, but why wasn't he hurting he thought to himself. That question had thrown him when Hermione asked him, he wasn't hurting, Ron was there for the jokes and laughter, and Hermione was there for real talking, the summer had been full of `real talks' with Hermione. They had discussed everything and this had helped to breach the distance that had come between them the previous. Hermione listened when he needed an ear, and told him off for wallowing when he needed to hear that. Harry thought that it didn't mean anything that he wasn't hurting from not seeing Ginny, it had only been about a month, and his best friends were there for him, they filled the spaces he needed, he did miss her though, just pain was luckily not involved.

Harry sat by the fire content for a while to just watch the flames slowly flicker and die out before getting up to go to sleep himself. As he made his way through the dark house, night and darkness still manage to turn his home into the place it was before, he was just walking empty headed when he crashed into someone who let out a yelp as Harry stumbled over them.

`Oh…sorry Hermione' Harry uttered breathlessly as pain scorched though his chest as he tried to catch his breath. He had somehow managed to fall on top of her catching her arm into his chest, winding him painfully.

`Its o.k.' was Hermione's response, Harry noted the stiffness as she said this.

`Damn…my glasses' Harry managed to get out while still feeling the effects of his winding, Hermione meanwhile laid stock still under Harry as he started to rummage for his glasses. As Harry slip his hands around in a fruitless search for his glasses while on top of her his hands passed over her midriff. Harry stopped still in fear as he realized that this was bare and smooth under the touch of his hand, quickly the fear was replaced by embarrassment as he frantically started his search again, unfortunately for Harry's nerves he located the glasses against her smooth naked leg, making him jump up in fear.

As he arranged his glasses on his face, he looked down to see Hermione still lying apparently to shocked to move, Harry thought she looked like a girl from one of Dudley's movies after they had been attacked. His face blushed with such intensity as he offered a hand to help her up with, a hand which she didn't accept, but blushed equally at. Harry wished he had his apparition license already so he could disappear instantly, never to return, a thought Hermione seemed to share.

`Got them' Harry said lamely pointing at his glasses at which all Hermione did was nod, the silence was killing him `I'm…im so sorry, it was an accident, and…you…' Harry paused thinking what to say when laughter suddenly hit him, a laughter Hermione shared instantly.

`We must have looked hysterical!' Hermione gasped between breaths while laughing `I guess that's what I get for living with someone who Tonks would consider clumsy!'

`I'm sorry Hermione' Harry said simply helping her up as his hand was accepted, knowing Hermione understood `I'm going to go to bed, see you in the morning' and they gave each other a hug as Harry departed for his much needed sleep.

In 10 minutes time Harry was already in bed, spent from a productive day. Harry's job was simple, but only he could perform it, he was gathering information. He spent his days and nights tracking people down, finding from them what he could, either by letter, floo, the Knightbus or any method he needed. The easy ones such as Lupin and Tonks, Mcgonagall, Slughorn amongst others he had pursued quickly and efficiently, all gave some information, suspected Death Eaters, Voldemorts suspected whereabouts and other useful information, but none had gave him anything of a lead on the Horcruxes. Now the trickier part was at hand, Shacklebolt, Moody were ministry workers and he didn't want to tip of the ministry, they would only get in the way, and getting in touch with them was proving difficult. Mundungus Fletcher was hard to find, but a meeting had been arranged for a couple days after the wedding, Harry was sure that Mundungus could be counted on to have a clue, even if he didn't know it himself. He had already given a few interesting leads just by the fact of who Harry had met already by trying to track him down. Harry hated doing this job, it meant that he had to lean heavily on who he was, use his name and fame, a fame he had been running from for 6 years, a fame and destiny he had to now accept, the days of the prophecy were coming closer. He tried to shrug away work thoughts, no point at night, he had no chance of a sudden break through, he didn't know enough…yet.

Harry was looking forward to tomorrow and the wedding, to see Ginny would be nice, and all his other friends would undoubtedly be there as well, and he had some time he could spend care free again with Ron and Hermione. The embarrassment had now gone, now was a curious feeling he couldn't quite pin point, he knew it felt nice, bar the fear and embarrassment, it felt nice to be that close to a girl again, he was sure he was missing Ginny a lot now to start clutching at straws with his best friend! It'll do no good to think on this, so he cleared his mind necessary for practicing occlumency and quickly fell to sleep.

He was walking along a dark cool corridor, one he thought he recognized, his walk was picked up, purposefully leading to somewhere. He opened a black door, then through a circular room and out another door, he ran down some steps, and stood still in complete shock at the sight before him.

`What took you so long to come' came a rough voice `James would of got here sooner!' and with this came the bark like laugh Harry knew so well belonged to his godfather, Sirius Black.


-->

4. 3 Simple Words


3 Simple Words

`Si…Si…Sirius?' came Harry's stammered response as he looked up into the face of his Godfather standing before him.

`It's me, seriously!' Sirius said with his trademark bark like laugh, staring at Harry in evident delight. With a wave of Sirius' hand the room became illuminated with a bright welcoming fiery glow, a fiery glow that made Harry think of the hearth him and his friends had just been sharing. With the glow now lighting the room Harry could properly see the man he had loved. Sirius looked healthy, dressed in simple black covering his muscular frame, the long dark hair brushing into his eyes in which the glow had managed to show the mischievousness that now lingered in them. `Sure is good to see you, looking even more like James than ever…' Sirius laughed pulling Harry into a fatherly hug `although that's not a compliment!'

As Sirius let Harry go all Harry could do was stare, mouth agape at the man he missed most in the world, a man he had accepted he would never see again. Harry could literally feel the year of blame that he carried with him starting to flood from his body, replaced by simple joy. Harry tried to think what to say, but where could he start? So much had happened, he had missed him so much. The word `missed' stuck in his mind as he thought them and he knew that he had to take this chance to tell him, above anything else.

`I've missed you' Harry said, 3 simple words that were said with such sincerity that the words were themselves weren't necessary, the strength of his feelings summed up just by that. Sirius caught this, temporarily unable to say anything at the potency of 3 simple words.

`Thanks Harry, I've missed you too, but lets stop this, my street cred will vaporize!' Sirius said, a playful grin spread across his face, `Now before we get down to business, my troublesome Godson, I just want to let you know that blaming yourself for my death was a really dumb thing to do!' Sirius said with a slight strictness to his voice that he had come to associate with Hermione, strictness because of how much they cared.

`But…if I had…if I had just done occlumency, or used the mirror you gave me then I wouldn't have been fooled by Voldemorts trick, you wouldn't of…' Harry suddenly realized that he was going to say `die' to his dead Godfather who he was talking to right now! He couldn't bring himself to say it, for the first time not through guilt though but for the strangeness of the situation, Harry had to laugh at what was happening, Sirius quickly joined him with the laughter.

`Laughing at my tragic death, Harry…How could you be so insensitive? And forgetting my Christmas present, that hurt!' Sirius declared with fake pain in his voice before letting out his usual laugh `To be honest there is one thing that's really annoying me, I got killed by that damn cousin of mine, Bella! James won't stop laughing saying how it took Voldemort himself to get him! He was bad enough when he had escaped him a few times, now this is his argument to everything!'

`What! James…you mean my Dad's here?' Harry said, excitement gripping him, before he knew it he was quickly scanning the room looking for his father.

`Ahhh, sorry Harry, He's not here, he's on the other side, didn't mean to get you all riled up like that, honest' Sirius spoke fast, apologizing as quick as possible before sighing `And I'm sorry but I can tell you why either'.

`And why the hell not Sirius?' Harry shouted out fiercely, he felt like he had been made to get his hopes up only for them to be dashed purposely.

`Manners Potter! And you will call me Professor Black at all times' Sirius said slimily impersonating Snape causing the pair to laugh before Sirius answered Harry's question `Well, to be honest I'm not entirely sure, I have my ideas, but I can't tell you them either, Lily would kill me, you know rules being rules!'

At this Harry smiled, so his parents were together still and Sirius was with them, as Harry thought this the fire illuminating the room burned brighter, seeming to match Harry's joy. The idea that those he had loved, those that had been murdered by Voldemort in their attempt to protect him, were together and judging by what he saw and heard from Sirius, they were all happy. Harry thought that now he had enough happy memories to win against any battle with Dementors ever again, one enemy down at least he thought happily.

`So then, why have you come here then, just for a chat I suppose, afterlife getting dull?' Harry asked cheekily, still staring at his Godfather, the realization of what was happening was only just sinking in `or have you actually got a purpose?'

`There is a purpose I'm here…' Sirius began before Harry cut him off.

`For once you have a purpose, being dead is agreeing with you!' Harry teased, the smile across his face was growing ever larger as he enjoyed the banter with Sirius.

`You cheeky beggar' Sirius chuckled looking affectionately at Harry `Well I see falling in Love is agreeing with you!' He teased back.

`What?' Harry said genuinely bewildered `…Oh, you mean Ginny. Falling in Love's a bit strong, I like her and all, but sorry to tell you, we broke up.'

`Ginny? What you talking about? Oh I remember now, well if you say so…' Sirius said cryptically, confusing Harry even more `I was worrying you might be digging Ron myself!' Sirius joked.

`No!' Harry gasped in shock.

`Not Draco?' Sirius asked mocking deadly seriousness.

`Oh cut it out…at least I've had a girlfriend!' Harry said catching on to Sirius' wind up, `So why you here…' Harry asked and having realized how mean that what he was saying to a dead man was a little mean, added in a little joke `Beloved Godfather?'

`Beloved Godfather? Think I'll be that from now on instead of Professor Black, Potter' Sirius said adopting his Snape impression again. Harry realized that he must have been doing that a lot to James, seeing as it came so naturally to him now `So then, down to business, as I said before I don't have all the answers, only ideas, and Lily wont let me tell you everything… damn rules!' Sirius ended with a sigh, looking rather frustrated at this turn of events.

`Oh for heaven sake, deliberate pun by the way Beloved Godfather, you're a Marauder, break the rules, and if you cant, bend them enough to tell me' Harry said, he knew this tactic would work and as he saw the mischievous glint practically explode back into Sirius eyes, his face lighting up with the spirit of a Marauder.

`You're right Harry, for the first time in your life I might add, but you're right' Sirius said, obviously to Harry he was doing some quick thinking formulating a plan, `So you need Horcruxes, and to get them you need help, you and Hermione ca… and Ron, cant do it all. So why cant I help, just a little, point you in the right diretion, I know its against the rules, and Lily will be mad, James will be fine, find it funny, what could happen…'.

`Stop skirting the issue and tell me something Sirius!' Harry interrupted, frustrated by how long Sirius was taking, at this he saw a small glint enter Sirius' eye.

`Interrupting is a bad thing, Potter, 10 points from Gryffindor, and you will call me Mr. B!' Sirius said in his more angry Snape impression, staring intently at Harry as he said this. The look in his face reminded Harry of his second year when Dobby was trying to tell him about Tom Riddle with a rather pathetic clue. What could the clue be?

`Sirius can…' Started Harry before Sirius cut in front of him.

`MR. B!' Sirius demanded again, the Snape impression gone as Sirius desperation increased.

`What?' Harry responded confusedly.

`Mr. B, Mr. Black, Sirius Black, S B, S dot B, come on Harry, S dot B, Black,' Sirus was getting more worked up as thoughts were spinning through his head, trying to think of where this sounded familiar from `S dot B, Black, the Black family, S DOT FREAKING B!' Sirius shouted the last part in aggravation, with this the pieces dropped into place in Harry's head.

`S.B, Black, R.A.B, Regulus Black' Harry said quietly, thinking of the fake Horcrux that he and Dumbledore had collected on the night of Dumbledore's death. The fake Horcrux had helped to kill Dumbledore that night, as in order to procure it meant that Dumbledore was greatly weakened to the point of him dying, as Malfoy surprised him… Harry shook the thoughts from his head, now was definitely not the time. Harry looked into Sirius face, shining at how proud he was and gave Harry a little nod. At this the room changed quickly, the friendly fire got brighter, harsher, and seemingly angry. Harry had to shield his eyes from the near explosion of fury from the room, Sirius though seemed immune although a little disappointed.

`That's my time over Harry,' Sadness was etched in Sirius' voice, Harry could see it in the slight tear that escaped his eye `I'm proud of you Harry, no matter what happens remember that. I have faith in you. Remember one last thing, We Love you here and we're waiting for you, and there is someone back with you who does as well, don't hide from it. And when you come you can save me from James and Lily's love fest!' Sirius laughed out as the room got brighter and brighter so that all was eclipsed in light. As Harry looked around unable to see, the bright white light quickly started to disappear and the room quickly started getting darker and darker `Now Run back the way you came, now!' Sirius demanded with a final fatherly hug pushing Harry away.

Harry knew that Sirius was telling the truth, the impending darkness told him this; he had to get back, and quickly. Running up the steps and out the door was no problem, but the darkness was increasing upon him, the circular room was near pitch black, Harry was sprinting now, his steps getting harder and more purposefully with each. Through the next door and Harry was into the final corridor, now Harry couldn't see a thing wjhich caused Harry to trip, smashing his knee upon the hard floors of the corridor. With the feeling of blood trickling down his leg Harry was worried, but the fear of not reaching the corridor quickly overrode this. Upon standing straight on his leg Harry realized the knee was smashed, but Harry had to get there otherwise he knew that all would be lost, he didn't know how, but he knew it would be. Limping and breathing hard with the feeling of weight upon his smashed knee Harry approached where he had started from, but nothing happened when he got there. Looking around in panic he started to search the walls with his hands for another door out of there. Harry knew he had taken too long, was all lost? He closed his eyes in response to try and think, to blank out the pain from his knee and work out what to do.

The darkness of his closed eyes was brighter than the corridor, like a light was shining on the other side of his eyes. As he opened them he saw he was back in his room, on his bed, the room that had previously belonged to Sirius. His Beloved Godfather he thought, letting out a loud laugh at the feeling of relaxation and excitement spread through his body. He had made it. Then he heard a voice he recognized though didn't know who it was, the voice which he couldn't work out was male of female, said 3 simple words:

`You Know Who'

*

Well that's chapter 4, I'm quite pleased with it, and I love Sirius and enjoyed writing him. You know what I'm not pleased with though? 12 reviews! 10 thousand odd words across 3 chapters, with about 1500 reads and 12 reviews! I know this is my first fan fic so probably not that good for you readers, although I like it but I'm bias, but no one reviews it. Not even flamers! Is it that much of nothingness? Let me know if it is and then I can just stop posting and thus stop damaging my very fragile confidence! Sympathy reviews anyone? Next chapter is nearly finished, but want a few reviews before posting it, Ginnys in it, amongst others, and it's more wizarding fun!


-->

5. Shrimp-De-La-Spoilt


Shrimp-De-La-Spoilt

Harry didn't know what the voice meant by saying `you know who', was it literal meaning that Harry was suppose to know someone? Did it have anything to do with the Horcruxes and Regulus Black? Was it another cryptic message about someone else? But mainly Harry couldn't help but consider the fact that it could of easily have been referring to Voldemort, the vast majority of wizards referred to him in such a way. Harry couldn't think what it could be about him, could it have been a warning that Harry was in very real and present danger, but why then would it of been said so cryptically. Anyway Harry already knew that he was in very real and present danger, all in a days work for the boy-who-lived Harry thought grumpily to himself. Why did this have to happen to him, why did it always happen to him, and of course Harry knew the answer to this question as soon as he asked it, the prophecy and his fate meant it was unavoidable. Unavoidable was a word Harry had often used to describe his life nowadays. He thought of everyone else, of Seamus, Cho even Ginny and saw that they had always had options in their lives, thousands of different choices that could have lead their lives to anywhere, could still lead them anywhere. Harry knew that he had never had that luxury, there hadn't been any choices in his life, he had been forced to ride down a single road of fate ever since Professor Trelawney had made that Prophecy to Dumbledore, leading to Snape informing Voldemort and consequently the murder of his parents. The prophecy seemed to have everything outlined for Harry's life, he would more than likely die at the hands of his parent's murderer, if he was lucky to get that far Harry thought grimly thinking of the various tasks and enemies ahead of him, from werewolves to death eaters. Harry's life was never destined to be easy…

Although the excitement of the previous night had all been while Harry was asleep he was still exhausted, although he reasoned that it was probably mental, and thus had quickly fallen back asleep to a dreamless sleep. It felt like his eyes had barely been shut when he was woken up by a gentle nudging on his arm. The words `you know who' was instantly on the brain trying to put the riddle from last night into light, Harry could almost hear the words spoken aloud like the speaker was whispering them into his ear. Before Harry could open his eyes he heard a new voice, a voice he noticed and enjoyed hearing, for some reason even more than usual.

`Wake up sleepy head! Were already running late, Mrs. Weasley was expecting us about half an hour ago' came Hermione's voice, her voice showed evidently that she was in high spirits.

As soon as Harry had rolled over and fetched his glasses he realized that the extra sleep had rested him well and he was feeling much better. He surveyed the room, a warm feeling passed over him as he remembered that this was Sirius' old room and consequently he thought of the night's unexpected guest. His Beloved Godfather was well and happy, for a dead man at least.

Harry turned his attention to this mornings guest and realized that Hermione had brought up a tray of food, obviously so Harry could have breakfast in bed, she could be simply wonderful at times he thought, when she wasn't being so…Hermione-ish! He looked at his best friend appraisingly, having seen Sirius again had made Harry much more appreciative of those he cared about, it's amazing what real closure can actually do for you. Harry had of course heard that closure did help, but having never received closure on anything in his painful life yet consequently he was previously unaware of how much this truly healed the soul. And so he looked at one of the last people he truly loved.

Hermione was what anyone would call a pretty girl, very pretty Harry concluded, she would never be the Hollywood blonde bombshell kind of girl but she had so much more. Her face was smooth and delicate, her lips were a natural soft pink that brought out the softness of her pale skin and made her seem innocent in a girl next door kind of way. Her bushy hair was a big part of her looks and during her time in Hogwarts her hair seemed to Harry to have a mind of its own, uncontrollably messy, but now due to the relaxing and slow life that they had been adopting this summer, and without the time constraints that class and homework put Hermione under, meant that now she was able to get it under more control. It was now a common sight for Harry to see Hermione sit reading a book just running a comb through her hair for hours on end, Harry spied on her at these times, finding this natural and relaxed Hermione to be extremely calming. Her hair would always be a bit bushy, Harry indeed liked it like that, but now it didn't look like it had been attacked by a hippogriff, a hippogriff who you had just called as ugly as Snape and charismatic as Grawp. Today all the tangles were brushed out and a simple yellow bow held it back from falling in her eyes. She had never really grown much, Him and Ron still dwarfed her, but because of her slim body it made her very cute in a petite kind of way. Her Hogwarts robes had left way too much to the imagination, she had always just seemed like a short shapeless person, now it was all to clear she was definitely a girl, no, a woman. Today she was dressed in a simple pair of jeans and a light yellow v neck t-shirt with 3 quarter length sleeves, this simple but fashionable kind of attire was Hermione's usual dress sense, which meant she looked both elegant but natural. Being out of Hogwarts had definitely had a positive effect on her, and this relaxed look was essentially echoing her personality, she was much more calm and relaxed without being under all the rules and obligations attending Hogwarts brought, rules and obligations that Hermione had meticulously followed. Harry could definitely see now what Ron saw in her, she was pretty, funny and nice, his best friend.

All of a sudden Harry noticed something and his heartbeat started to pump faster and faster, panic was taking a grip of him, a panic that was far more worrying than all his encounters with the Death Eaters. The panic was causing his breathing to become broken, he found he wasn't able to take his eyes away from her direction, was what he was noticing true? Could it be? And what was he going to do if it was? He knew he had to find out quickly, and then he would have to deal with it, one way or the other.

`Hermione…' Harry was speaking softly, the words coming out slowly as he tried not to show the panic he was stricken by `can I… ask… ask you a question?'

Hermione narrowed her eyes, staring intently at Harry, obviously wondering what the reason was for the weirdness Harry was suddenly under `Sure, Harry, you know you can always ask me anything…' Hermione said gently taking Harrys hand in her own to try and calm him down a bit.

Harry started to become less worried, he knew that she was his best friend, she might get angry and scream and shout but she'd be ok with it soon enough, the risk of not asking was too great.

`Its just…did you make that meal?' Harry asked a little sheepishly.

`OH FOR HEAVENS SAKE!' Hermione shouted half exasperated letting go of Harry's hand to throw her hands up in the air. But she had to carry on though as Harry had kept on staring questioningly but this time her voice was slightly softer `no I didn't, ok? And I'm not that bad! How was I supposed to know that the shrimp had gone of, and who knows that milk sours that quickly! At least I tried to cook. Two incidents and you're never going to trust me again, you're still here aren't you?'

`I'm sorry Hermione, but you are pretty bad!' Harry said, He knew he had to make light weight of this or she could sulk for days over it, her and Ron had always been proof of that, `two incidents out of two attempts isn't that bad…' Harry added with a cheeky grin, the grin he had found out that could usually calm Hermione down, a bit anyway.

`Oh ha-ha Harry, you're just being nasty and you know it!' the words though contradicted how her demeanor was at the time, Harry quick actions had worked, she had calmed down.

`Nasty, to my favorite chef? Never?' Harry teased grinning even more as a small smile formed upon Hermione's lips and he knew it was safe to carry on `then I'd never again be able to get shrimp-de-la-spoilt!' Harry said the last part in an over the top French accent, the kind you get at a very cheap and very fake French restaurant.

`You better be nicer Harry James Potter or I swear ill cook for you for the rest of your life, which due to my shrimp-de-la-spoilt as you call it, wont be very long!' Hermione teased back, `now eat your food and shower quickly and then we better get going, ill be downstairs waiting…ready I might add!' and with that she got up and started to leave the room.

`Hermione…' Harry said urgently waiting for her to turn around fully before carrying on `thank you' and with a smile Hermione turned and left.

It had only taken Harry about forty five minutes to eat his breakfast, being a full English breakfast which was gorgeous making Him realize for the first time that there were benefits for having Dobby here after all, Shower and get dressed. Harry was dressed in simple but smart blues jeans and a white polo shirt which gave him a nice midway between a casual and smart look as he had realized he had no idea how formal today was going to be. Harry quickly realized he didn't even know what today was going to be seeing as it was the day before the wedding.

Harry met Hermione in the living room, she was patiently waiting enthralled in a book entitled `Darkest Arts Artistically Applied' Harry could see as she held it before her. He approached her as she lowered her book to look at him in appraising sort of way, checking to see if he was dressed suitably for the visit or not. To this Harry did a little fake cat walk, twirl and a curtsy which made the pair laugh.

`You've been fighting against evil all this time and its only now you realize what you're real calling is!' Hermione said mock seriously, to which Harry simply sighed nodding fake sadly. `Ok then Mr. Model, we better get going or Mrs. Weasley will be sending a search team out for us, now take my hand and I'll side along apparate with you, they took the anti-apparation wards of the Burrow today seeing as so many of them will be coming'. Harry took her hand in his and linking his fingers with hers delicately trying to feel calm, Harry still didn't like the apparating. Hermione gave a little nod and Harry felt the usually squeezing feeling of apparition, a feeling he was quickly coming too loathe.

With a crack Harry and Hermione appeared just outside of the burrow, quite a few people were outside, sitting on the chairs outside of the house. As Harry surveyed the house he felt instantly at ease, ever since the second year when Ron and the twins had rescued him from Privet Drive in a flying Ford Anglia the Burrow had always felt like a second home to Harry and it felt good to be back here. Harry saw that in the large garden was where the wedding was to take place, rows of chairs had been set up leading to the altar where the ceremony between Bill and Fleur would happen. The Altar was beautiful, the base was made from beautifully made slabs of stone, resembling olden medieval churches, and the frame and roof of the small wall-less room was made from mahogany, carved into vines of roses rising up to the roof. Harry had never been to a wedding before but he knew that this one was spectacular, during the summer they had watched some movies and Hermione had forced them to sit through numerous `chick-flicks', many of them had beautiful weddings. To the side of this was a huge marquee, Harry thought which would have been magically enlarged, which was a bright spotless white.

Harry hadn't been admiring the view for long when he felt someone throw themselves into his chest, filling his eyes with nothing but a large amount of red flaming hair.

`Harry' Ginny said stifling a little sob, of which Harry hoped was happiness `I've missed you so much, I've been going crazy!'

The surprise caught Harry of guard as he realized that he had forgotten that Ginny was going to be here, really stupid Harry berated himself as this was Ginny's home. How could he have forgotten he was going to see Ginny today, something he had been longing for since he left the Hogwarts Express! But then he remembered Sirius coming to him last night and it wasn't so difficult to think that he'd forget. He leaned back, still holding her in his arms, so he could look at her and when their eyes met he felt a small surge of butterflies flitter into his stomach. She was even more beautiful than he could remember, her fiery red hair was enough to drop Harry's jaw. He couldn't do this, if he lasted any longer with her in his arms, her voluptuous mouth close enough to push his lips to…he had to stop thinking of this, he had to leave this situation.

`I've missed you too' He said softly before breaking eye contact and slipping away from her grasp `We better go and see everyone, were late already…' he said with a little force in his voice to try and take control of the situation as he scanned the people on the bench. Ron, Charlie and the twins were there, all waving in Harry's direction.

`Horrible, showing affection in public!' Fred said indignantly with mock out rage as Harry approached the bench smiling at them, Ginny left a couple steps behind him.

`Disgusting, and in front of the young girls brothers, and the Quibbler makes you out to be a hero!' George said in the same tone as his twin.

`Leave it out you two, Harry its good to see you again.' Charlie said laughing slightly as he shook Harry's hand.

`Thanks, good to see you all again' Harry said as he scanned the happy faces of the Weasley family before realizing that Hermione had disappeared `Where's Hermione?' he asked with the smallest amount of panic audible in his voice.

`While you two were practically having…' but what they were practically having was cut short as a murderous glare from Ginny, which Mrs. Weasley would have been proud of, stopped George mid sentence.

`Well, while you two were, shall we say, otherwise engaged, she went in to see Mum' Fred carried on for his twin brother. Harry felt relief pass through him to hear she was safe.

`Alright mate, you better get inside as well, Mum'll want to see you, she was getting worried about you' Ron said looking between Harry and Ginny in a slightly eager fashion. Harry averted his eyes and left after saying thanks. As he walked towards the door he looked back to see a hurt Ginny staring after him trying to restrain tears from falling from her eyes, a job which wasn't going too well.

Harry felt terrible, he had hurt Ginny again, but he always knew he would have to, every fantasy he had made where he went back on his plan to protect her with distance and snog her senseless were useless in real life. Harry knew he was going to have to talk to Hermione, she'd have some good advice for him, she always did. As he made his way into the kitchen through the back door he saw Hermione and Mr. Weasley sitting at the kitchen table talking, while Molly was preparing some food.

`…but Hogwarts is safer for…' Mr. Weasley seemed to be pleading to Hermione about something when he saw Harry enter the room `Oh, Hi Harry, great to see you!' his voice was happy but the redness that was flushing his ears meant that Harry knew he was wondering how much Harry had heard and seemed to be embarrassed.

`Harry!' Mrs. Weasley practically yelled with joy pulling him into a bone crunching motherly hug. As she let him from the embrace she held him back as to get a proper view of him `You're looking good for once Harry, Hermione must have been looking after you well! Sit down, sit down'. Mrs. Weasley said leading him to his chair, Hermione seemed to be blushing slightly, but still seemed rather happy.

`Thanks Mrs. Weasley, Mr. Weasley' Harry said politely, Mrs. Weasley interjected with `Molly and Arthur dear', Harry smiled at the two of them, he was happy that they cared so much for him. `And Hermione's been fantastic, been taking great care of me… and Ron as well' Harry said, making Hermione turn the color of Ginny's hair through blushing but had one of the biggest smiles Harry had ever seen, which in turn caused Harry to smile quite as much. Mrs. Weasley was pacing up and down preparing food. `Where's Bill?' Harry asked simply.

`He's at St. Mungo's for the night, he wants to look his best for fleur tomorrow and the healers are trying some things out. The work hasn't been going great but his new healer Miss McCloud has some new ideas…We'll have to wait till the morning to see…' She trailed of sighing, evidently Bill's injuries was worrying her a lot. She stood there looking pain stricken as the others entered the room.

`Harry we're going to play Quidditch, I brought your firebolt and robes, you game? It's me, you and Ginny' Ron paused for a moment on Ginny's name emphasizing it for Harry, a thing he had been doing all summer, `against Fred, George and Charlie. Its pretty fair, we even have two seekers!'

`Yeah, that's cool' Harry was excited at the prospect of being back on his broom before turning to Mrs. Weasley and asking `unless there's anything you want me to do?'

`No no, go enjoy yourself, Hermione are you staying here?' Molly asked.

Before Hermione could answer though Harry had teasing said `please say she's not allowed near the cooking!' causing the pair to break into a grin.

`Well actually Harry, I'm cooking my specialty, shrimp-de-la-spoilt,' Hermione retorted in her bad French accent, causing Harry and Hermione to break into laughter, while everyone else gave questioning looks to each other puzzled at the joke, making Hermione add `Sorry, just a little joke'. This brought many more curious stares from the Weasley family, Ginny's' look of surprise was also mixed with something Harry thought to be anger.

`We better get going' Harry added quickly as the atmosphere had suddenly got a little tense `Cant wait to get on my broom, catch you later' and they left for the quidditch game.

The quidditch game lasted all afternoon, several hours in which Harry had enjoyed every minute, the sense of abandonment while riding a broom was ever present for him. Harry had heard a lot about Charlie being Quidditch Captain and the teams' seeker, but Harry had never seen him play. Harry found out that he was very good still even though he wasn't playing much anymore, Harry had the upper hand but Charlie was still holding his own against him. Ron was playing very well, his problem with confidence had seemed to be left behind him now, and the twins were the same as ever, `human bludgers' they were called by Wood once, Harry's first captain. Ginny though was spectacular, she was scoring well and overall was just very impressive. Plus the robes she had were tighter than the robes he had seen before and were fantastic light blue that showed the color of her hair superbly. Twice Charlie had caught the snitch without Harry realizing simply by the fact that he had stopped to watch her, both times a small smile flickered upon her lips.

By the time they were finished playing they had just enough time to get changed before dinner was served, on tables in the garden like in Harry's 4th year, when the family had met up before the Quidditch world cup final. The dinner was another one of Mrs. Weasleys' master pieces and Harry was happy to discover Hermione had played no part in its creation.

At the end they sat around talking as Fred and George told Harry of some of their new inventions, `firework fudges' which were sweets that made you expel small no-heat fireworks from your mouth when you spoke to a powder based on veritaserum that made the owner tell the truth just for one question. Now they were talking about `really revealing robes'.

`So the owner thinks they've put on a normal dress robe' Fred said.

`Ideal for very formal situations' George added.

`But only he can see them, meaning everyone else sees said person in all their glory' Fred said.

`Or lack of glory' George mused.

`As would be in Ron's case' Fred said teasingly, making Ron blush slightly.

Harry thought that the idea was great, although was now determined to properly check everything he ever put on again, for the rest of his life. Harry looked at Hermione again for about the 1000th time, he had been trying to get her on her own to ask her advice about Ginny all night, but Ron had been keeping her busy, and Harry thought he saw Hermione flirting outrageously with him. Harry was annoyed at this, he needed her advice but she was of being all flirty with someone, Harry was rather jealous at the time they were spending together, while he was left confused about Ginny. He would make sure he grabbed her tomorrow at the latest, even if he had to accio her from Ron's grip.

Soon it was approaching 11 O'clock and Mrs. Weasley was ordering them to bed, on the basis that it was going to be an early start and was going to be a very busy day. Harry was nearly to his door when Ginny took him by the hand.

`Just a moment Harry' she said, a small fire burning behind her eyes as Harry looked into them. Every time he found himself doing this he was sure he was losing more and more resolve, he was closer and closer to just giving in with every look, and now the presence of her hand in his was destroying the little resolution he had left. `Were you just going to carry on ignoring me forever?'

Harry didn't know what to say, he couldn't sat he was only doing it to stop himself from launching into kissing her `I'm…I haven't been, I just, the situation hasn't changed and I'm confused' Harry said honestly.

`Well, while you're confused' Ginny said playfully and she pulled Harry face down to hers, smashing her lips forcefully against his, pushing her tongue into his accepting mouth, before slowly withdrawing it and biting playfully on his bottom lip, `there's more to think about…' and with that she disappeared down the hall into the darkness.

*

Another chapter finished, and the longest so far! Some more H/Hr interaction, hope you enjoyed it. The wedding is next, and shall be great fun! More of you are reviewing but still not enough. Thanks to those who have and do, bad on those who don't! review please!


-->

6. Wedding Day Blues...Or Blacks


Wedding Day Blues… Or Blacks

Harry had been awoken by a very excited Mrs. Weasley at 5 in the morning, causing Harry to moan and curse under his breathe. The excitement of that kiss with Ginny before bed last night had made him stay awake most of the night analyzing the situation. After several hours of thought though he hadn't got anywhere on this and was still where he was at Dumbledore's funeral. He wanted to be with her but couldn't, but turning down that girl was seemingly impossible, for a certain part of his body he couldn't control anyway. He had of course come up with a plan, he was Harry Potter after all, he had faced so many confrontations that plan making came naturally to him. The plan was simple really, ask Hermione what to do. He grinned at the simplicity and brilliance of his plan, and he knew it would get to her in the end anyway, he would just be cutting out his poor attempt at handling the situation.

Harry was taking longer than everyone else to get ready, they all seemed done in half an hour. This confused Harry more than anything as he thought of the hours Hermione had taken for the Yule Ball and the hours Ginny took practically everyday, wasn't a wedding much bigger than that he asked himself as shouts of impatience came from the kitchen.

`Hurry the hell up mate!' Ron bellowed up the stairs as Harry descended them, he had had a quick look in the mirror and was grinning softly. He knew he was looking rather good today, the new dress robes were fantastic.

`Hold your hair…' Harry said rounding the corner to the kitchen, pausing mid sentence at the sight before him.

`What are you wearing?' Harry stammered out.

`I think the question is what are you wearing, Harry, or is formal attire on the list for breakfast now?' Hermione teased softly as Harry felt his face flush and the whole room burst into laughter at Harry's mistake. He knew if he looked at a mirror now he wouldn't be looking cool or handsome, but like someone had been on holiday to the sun and forgot their sunscreen.

`We've got hours left before the wedding and a lot of work to do still' Mrs. Weasley stated softly for Harry.

`Although you look rather fetching today, I must say Mr. Potter' George said in a girly giggle.

`Except the face, why would you want to paint yourself?' Fred asked in an innocently concerned voice.

`And such a nasty color as red? Clashes with you're eyes that does' George pointed out helpfully.

`Shit…I mean damn, no one told me!' Harry said agitated, causing the room to break into even louder laughter. He could at least take advantage of the situation `I'll go get changed then, could you bring me up some breakfast, Hermione, I'm starving' Harry noticed her nod staring interestedly at him, but Ginny looked murderous, if he lasted a moment he knew she'd offer to bring it up instead, so he bounded out the room and up to his.

Looking into the mirror at his dressed up self he couldn't help but find it a little funny and let out a small laugh. As he removed the dress robes and his shirt he started to look through his draws for a top, scanning for something simple and clean.

`Um…Harry…I brought your food up' Hermione said in a weird strained voice. Harry Jumped around, he had already forgotten about Hermione bringing the food and since when was she ever not punctual. He felt awkward all of a sudden, he was half naked in front of his best friend and by the blush that had flared up on her cheeks and the way her eyes tried not to look at him he knew she felt just as awkward. Harry couldn't believe that in 6 years of living so close together that this had never happened, well a first for everything had always been integral to Harry's unexpected lifestyle. Harry quickly put on a simple light blue long sleeve t-shirt, before turning to Hermione, who was still blushing profusely, looking down at her feet. Harry couldn't believe how awkward this situation was, the silence was starting to kill him.

`So, um, thanks for the breakfast… it looks great, so…' The silence was really worrying, he knew he just had to push through, so he sat down on his bed and gestured for her to join him. She paused for a moment, before looking at him in the eyes while smiling and joined him. This was the second awkward moment between and it had already passed, he knew it would but it was good to see it happening so quickly and completely, it was the reason she was his best friend. But Harry couldn't help but think on that in 3 days they had had 2 really awkward moments. One had been where Hermione was half naked, and this one he was. How had this not happened already and why was it bothering him quite so much? She was looking so much better nowadays, that was going to lead to problems, she was no longer the sexless person she use to be, she was a woman. They had been hugging and having physical contact for over half a decade already so why had it gotten weird lately…How was this going to affect them from now on. They were going to spend a lot of time in close company for however long the hunt for the Horcruxes would take to find and destroy them, and then there was Voldemort after that. So unless Harry managed to get himself killed sometime soon they were going to be spending a lot of time together for at least a year or two judging from the information, or lack of he had been gathering…

`Harry, you've gone silent and staring into space for about a minute, what you thinking?' Hermione asked slightly agitated.

`What?' Harry stumbled out, `Just about…' Harry looked around for anything to say at which moment Crookshanks came bumbling into the room searching for something or other `Cats' Harry said instantly condemning himself for the lamest cover story of all time as Hermione frowned at him, `Just that how… if cats could fly, what would their wings be? Their arms, or tail?' This was getting worse and worse.

`Flying cats?' Hermione asked eyes burrowed staring at Harry `that sounds…interesting. So what did you want?' Hermione had evidently given up the question about the cats realizing she was onto a loser. Harry sighed inwardly as he had already set himself to sticking with the flying cats cover story and had been wildly thinking through some more interesting ideas.

`So I wanted to talk about Ginny…' Harry said as Hermione stiffened slightly, `I don't know what to do, and kind of wanted you're ideas'.

`Well,' Hermione started in her sensible voice `Well I saw how you were watching Ginny yesterday, weddings are very romantic, and you could dance with her or…'

Harry had cut her off by holding up his hand `I meant how to stop her from trying anything. I don't want to be with her… I mean I can't be with her' Harry said with finality etched in his voice.

`Oh, well are you sure' Hermione asked and Harry only answered with a simple nod `You'll just have to try and avoid her, I know it's insensitive and she will be very mad, but it's only for a few hours…'

`How can I ignore her, I'm at her house!' Harry said exasperated, then it hit him `Could you hang out with me, you know be my date, well not a real date obviously but… well you know.' Harry was blushing slightly.

`Oh, um… well I'll tell Ron, and he'll be fine, um, with it… I'm sure' Hermione stuttered before regrouping herself into a cheery smile `I'd love to Harry, but I must warn you that I love dancing, and you will not be a bad date Harry Potter! You get, well dressed, and we've got to put the clothes… I mean the chairs and stuff in place… bye' and Hermione bounded out of the room.

Harry smiled in defeat, today was going to be very interesting at the least. Harry got changed into a pair of jeans and trainers and checked in the mirror. He was deliberately taking his time, he knew he had a morning of hard tedious work setting everything up, even before the actual wedding took place. Looking at himself in the mirror he saw the look of foreboding upon his face and he sighed. `Time to go to work' he said a little grumpily before attaching a smile to his face and leaving the reflection upon the mirror to go downstairs.

Harry was a little tired but excited none the less, as the prospect of Bill and Fleur's wedding was now on him. He had helped set up all the lighting, tables, chairs and cutlery amongst a hundred other jobs. He was amazed at how much work actually went into a wedding, if he could help it would definitely not be having one for himself, finally Harry had agreed with Voldemort on something, although for obvious different reasons.

He was now sat in the rows of chairs looking up at Bill and Fleur. Fleur was as beautiful as ever, possibly even more so judging by the gaping staring of half the men at the wedding, staring after her with their mouths' open, a little bit of drool occasionally dripping from their mouths. She was dressed in a long wonderful white wedding dress, the train reaching meters behind her, slightly silvery too Harry noticed, which matched her hair and held the rays of the suns. Bill on the other hand was looking a bit better, a little less like moody, but still not good. He was still heavily scarred and limping from a stick, but at least you could tell he was Bill now, and was decked out in beautiful dark robes, less like his usual cool outfit of dragon leather but elegant and smart.

Harry was dressed, for the second time that day, and knew he was looking rather good again as he was attracting a fair amount of attention himself. He was sat next to Hermione who looked elegant in a simple low cut light yellow dress with a reasonably long cut skirt bottom. She often looked at Harry and smiled, the day was perfect for nearly everyone. Ginny had watched the two of them constantly, and Harry could tell that she was extremely angry and that he had better be on his guard today, she wasn't finished with him. She was of course looking as beautiful as ever, but Harry wasn't allowing this too affect him as he knew he had too be strong today, tonight he would be back in Grimmauld and could keep his distance again. Ron though wasn't looking much better, he kept on looking over at him and Hermione with a curious look on his face, Harry knew why as he thought that Ron and her would go together. He did'nt blame Ron, he would of been mad if he had stolen Hermione from him, Harry realizd that he had been mad about that yesterday and knew how Ron must be feeling. Although today was perfect he was looking forward to it being over, many people were looking at him either questioningly, adoringly or angrily, but he wouldn't miss this wedding for anything, and Hermione was looking really good, she was a good date.

`You're staring blankly again?' Hermione whispered again as the wedding couple kissed, he couldn't help but wonder how much had he missed while he was thinking, over analyzing too much like usual. `So what was it this time?' she asked again quietly as they stood up to clap the happy couple as they made their way back down the aisle.

Why did she have to ask that again, she must have such fantastic intuition `Um…One Tree Hill…you know the TV show', They had watched it quite a lot over the summer, but my god this excuse was possibly even lamer than before, and last time had been about cats. `You know, that wedding episode…' Harry added trying desperately to save himself.

Hermione blanked at Harry in obvious shock before regrouping as they went to the marquee for the wedding dinner, `If you don't want to tell me, Harry James Potter, you don't have to, but please stop making up such ludicrous cover stories' she said in his ear before rushing over to Bill to congratulate him. As he watched her talking animatedly to Bill and Fleur he couldn't help but think about what was going on, things were getting weird this year, but before he could carry on with this train of though, he was interrupted, and for once not by Hermione.

`Potter, here you are' came a growl that Harry recognized as Moody `You've been hiding yourself well, constant vigilance you seem to have'. Moody sounded a bit impressed.

`Coming from you that's sure a great compliment' Harry said unsure of how to react to Moody seemingly comparing the two of them, `So how are things?'

`Death Eaters have been active, as you well know, but we've got something more…interesting, cant talk here obviously, any of the guests could be Death Eaters, but take this letter and it'll explain what I mean' and with this Moody skulked off. Harry looked at the letter briefly before tucking it into his inside pocket, he would wait till after the wedding to see what it was.

He walked around the marquee, he had bumped into many people he knew, most of the Gryffindors' were invited as long with many from the other houses including Luna Lovegood, wearing a positively normal silver dress, normal for her anyway as she had her usual cork necklace and wand tucked behind her ear, she had come straight over to Harry.

`Hi, it's a weird wedding isn't it?' Luna said in her usual slow dreamy way. What was weird Harry had no idea of, but as he knew Luna well he knew he'd find out briefly `I haven't seen a single Shorshock, and their always at weddings…I guess they'd of probably have been held up in Austria, you know with the Crazabelg siting out there.'

Harry could barely stop himself from laughing out loud, Luna always had this effect on him, he couldn't help it, and she was hysterical. He was spared the description of what a Shorshock or Crazabelg was by a voice he instantly recognized calling him over to a nearby seat, which Harry quickly joined.

`So, how you been holding up Harry?' Lupin said in an appraising way, Harry quickly realized that Tonks was there beside him and had her hand was entwined with Lupins'. `Wotcher Harry' Tonks asked.

`Hi Tonks, I'm good, honestly!' Harry added as Lupin looked unconvinced at him, Harry decided to change the subject `so, you two a couple yet?'

Lupin blushed at this but Tonks had beamed, telling Harry that they indeed were `we've been, well, seeing each other…hope you're ok with it Harry?' Lupin asked seriously, Harry figured that being the last Marauder, except Wormtail and he didn't count, must have meant that he had to carry the whole protectiveness on his shoulders.

`Of course I'm fine with it, better than fine' Harry announced whole heartedly, Lupin and Tonks beamed at each other, Harry knew they were in love and this pleased him immensely. No one deserved love more than Lupin, or at least no one that Harry had ever met, or was ever going to meet. He wanted to leave them to this wonderful day, maybe their wedding would be next. He saw Hermione wave over to him and do a funny little mime of dancing, causing Harry to let out a laugh.

`I've got to get going, I've promised Hermione a dance and she'll kill me if I don't' Harry said cheerily causing Lupin to raise an eyebrow `We're here as friends' he added maybe a touch too strong. He bid them goodbye and made his way across the room to Hermione who was stood sill waiting for him to make his way to her.

A small girl with blazing red hair suddenly appeared in front of him, blocking Hermione from his view. Ginny had a huge flirty smile playing on her lips as she took Harry's hand in her's, `Let's dance Harry, I know we couldn't come together, you being so noble and all, but we could leave together…' the flirting sound of her voice hinting to Harry what she exactly meant.

`Ginny, I cant, we cant, you know this' Harry said firmly.

`But it's only one day, a taste of what will happen after you defeat you-know-who' Ginny said, slightly confused at Harry's behavior.

This angered Harry, he was the one fighting Voldemort and all she could think of was them living happily together after his death, not considering the fact that he was facing the darkest and most powerful wizard in the world! `For FUCK sake Ginny, can't you pay attention to what I'm saying? Is it the I can't part? Or the we shouldn't thing? Its not the we can't part is it? Because I think that's the strongest part of the argument' he was being too harsh, she had tears in her eyes, but his anger wouldn't let him stop, he had to make his point `tell me so you can help me to help you understand, I'll write a whole essay if you need it…' Harry knew he had gone too far, she had broken down into tears.

Luckily for him Hermione had seen it and had run up to him, she took him by the hand and dragged him away. His head was swimming with what he had just done, he had just made Ginny cry in front of everyone and the Weasleys were going to be mad at him, he had ruined the wedding. He was never going back to the Burrow again, at least not for about a decade. Hermione had led him to the small pond a little away from the property, and they sat down on a log overlooking it.

`Hermione…' Harry said quietly after a few minutes of silence in which he collected his thoughts, `I'm sorry I swore'. The two looked at each other and Hermione laughed softly at this.

`Don't be silly, although why did you go so mad at her, that wasn't really the right thing to do' Hermione said softly but slightly strictly, leaning towards him and placing her head on his shoulder while holding his hand.

`I know, I know' Harry sighed, Hermione always had the ability to calm him down and make him see what was right `She made me so mad, I can't do it anymore with her. I don't know if I ever will, I care for her but we have such different lives. I don't know what will happen, I don't even think I'll live long enough to date her, Voldemort will probably kill me…'

`And I thought I'd never agree with you on anything Potter…' came a voice Harry knew but it was the voice he least expected to hear here, the voice screamed `Expelliarmus' disarming the pair of them. Harry was now unarmed with a known death eater. And once again he had brought a person he truly loved along with him. They would both probably die, Hermione would die because of him. The thought that Hermione could die just because he had made a mistake was tearing at him, he would get out of this, he would get Hermione out of this…

`So, you came, I wouldn't have given you an invitation myself, but it's not my wedding…' Harry said coldly, he had to try and keep talking, the longer he lived the more chance he could save Hermione, `Now, you wont be expecting me to talk formally with you, would you? I think from here on I'll be calling you Severus…'

*

So that's chapter 6. I told you a lot would happen.

Well now onto the bad issues. I held this chapter back a day hoping I wouldn't have to say this, but 4 reviews for the last chapter! That sucked! You should all be ashamed of yourselves, except the few people who actually reviewed (I LOVE YOU ALL!). I have the next chapter written already, but going to take my time, I want some reviews! If people actually review the chapter, It'll be up in a day, if a few review a couple days, if no one reviews then a week or two! I may be bluffing with two weeks, but I will hold out for as long as I can…

Well anyway, sorry for that, but please carry on reading the story, and please review! Thank you and hope you enjoyed it.


-->

7. Lost and Hidden Enemies


Lost and Hidden Enemies

`So, Severus, why are you here today, paying respects to the bride?' Harry said with a sneer worthy of Snape himself.

Harry couldn't see a way out of this, they were both wandless while Snape had his trained mercilessly on Harry's neck. Rain had started to fall heavily, his shirt clinging softly to his chest. The rain was making it hard to see him, to watch him as closely as he needed to. Harry knew he wasn't the kind to get emotional and let his guard slip, Snape didn't have emotions as far as Harry could tell. The only chance he could think of was that Voldemort had still condemned him to death by his own hands, but what about Hermione, she didn't have Voldemorts `protection'. He would have to try and escape, both unarmed.

`Potter, I may not be you're professor anymore but If you haven't realized I am the one with the wand to your throat, so I still demand your respect' Snape said reminiscent of being in a classroom, `Of course though you've had many wands pointed at you, all in a days work for the great Harry Potter'.

`Still not answering questions are you, Severus, what are you doing here, or shall I believe you're that desperate for my company?' Harry said, he knew this was a good tactic, Snape would never be able to let him have the last word.

`You're sounding more and more like you're father everyday' Snape sneered, his face distorting so much that his face looked beast like, inhuman `you're arrogance is finally reaching his precipice, Potter'.

Hearing Snape do his usual sneering comments towards him made him remember Sirius and especially his new Snape impression `That'll be 10 points from Slytherin, Snape, and you will call me Mr. Potter' impressed of how good his impression was he added the sneer in his face. Hermione next to him gasped inaudible, Harry was only able t know it happened by the sharp exhale of breath to his side. Her arm went out and held tightly onto his arm, the felling sent a shiver through his body making Harry realize even more what he stood to lose from this meeting.

The reaction by Snape was worth it, his face had contorted into rage for a few moments as he was unable to respond, before recovering to speak.

`You're lucky that the Dark Lord wants you to himself, Potter, but I must remind you of the fact that you're little girlfriend isn't protected…' The coldness in his voice sent a chill out into the air, seeming to extinguish all the remaining heat from the night.

Snapes' movements were so quick that Harry could barely understand what was happening. His wand came up as he shouted `Crucio', for barely a moment Hermione's screams echoed through the night, disappearing before her body hit the ground. Harry dropped to his knees holding Hermione in a tight embrace, tears falling from his eyes as he felt Hermione shaking in his grip, a look of shock and pain etched on her face. She was drenched from the puddle she had fallen in, mud encasing both of them.

`You…You…' but he couldn't find the words, no swear word he knew could describe the hatred he felt for Snape, for hurting the best friend he loved.

`I've made you speechless, Potter, If I knew this was how to do that she would have had a much more worse time in class' Snape said, a small trace of humor in his voice as he watched Harry standing up, holding Hermione slightly behind him, `but you full well know that she barely felt it, it was for a half second, and remember that I can make it much more fun for us all.'

Harry knew this was true, he had to be more sensible, anyway he angered Snape was going to comeback on Hermione. He collected himself before speaking confidently `so, Severus, what are you actually doing here, may I ask so pleasantly?' Harry said mockingly.

`Better, Potter, much better. Now if you know what's good for the two of you you'll carry on like that, knowing you though I'm sure she'll be getting a lot more pain in the next couple minutes.' Snape sneered, a malicious smile playing across his lips. `Tell me what you know, what have you been doing this summer?' Snape commanded.

Harry squirmed under his stare, he knew what was coming, and he tried to empty his brain of what they'd discovered, of seeing Sirius again. The surrounding lake started to shimmer before his eyes, as he tried to block out any meaningful memory as images started playing on his sight, Ron was bewitching books to chase Dudley about the house, Hermione was holding him as he talked of what was happening, he was on top of Hermione after falling over her, he couldn't stop Snape as he searched his mind and Sirius came into sight, holding Harry in a fatherly hug, the word Horcrux and Regulus Black came from Sirius' lips before the images stopped.

Snape stared bewildered at Harry, a lot of quick thinking was evident from behind his eyes as he slowly got back his composure. `Interesting, very interesting… I would recommend you to practice Occlumency but I know you aren't capable, the Dark Lord will read your mind with pathetic ease. But you're getting quite far along now, worrying for us'.

`Worrying is right, soon I will kill Voldemort and then I'm after you' Harry nearly shouted, his inability to close his mind had him tearing at himself, anger bubbling through his body.

`You still cant control you're emotions I see, still pathetically obtuse, you will fail impossibly easy, no one will be left to mourn your death' Snape sneered.

`Harry won't fail, he's a greater wizard than you will ever be!' Hermione said, soft tears dropping from her face, a small shake of her body still showing the Crucio that she had been hit by.

`So, your girlfriend finally spoke up, and I hadn't even asked a question!' Snape sneered, his attention focused on Harry disregarding Hermione as if he couldn't bare to look at her.

`You still won't say why you're here? If I call you professor will that get you tell me something?' Harry said, trying to keep his anger under control.

`Patience, another thing you don't have Potter' Snape sneered, looking intently at Harry `As I long to remove myself from you're company I will end this. The Dark Lord wants to give you a message' Snape paused, his usual flair for dramatics making him mask the pause under thought that Harry knew didn't exist.

`Come on, Severus, as you say I'm inpatient, don't kill me here' Harry said mockingly.

`The Dark lord wants to finish this now and for you to send word with me as to where and when. Now I know you wont, cowardice is in you're blood after all. The second part is that you are going in a dangerous direction, the wrong direction, and that your friends will die and the ones you trust will turn against you. Do you want this to happen? Think carefully and long before you continue what you're doing…' Snape said, his voice simple, like he was teaching in class once again.

`Thank you, Severus, but you won't stop me, tell your boss that. I'm coming for him' Harry said, the threats of death and betrayal had shaken him, Voldemort knew a lot, and wondering if this was true was on the front of his mind.

Snape stared questioningly at Harry before raising his wand up at Harry `You will never learn will you, not all is what you think. One last thing, you will be getting information soon if you haven't already got it. Do not follow the information.' Snape said a confidant finality in his voice. `I will be seeing you again soon, Potter, Granger' Snape said.

The crack that meant Snape had disapparated resounded through the night relaxed Harry, he whirled around and took Hermione in his arms. He was amazed that he had managed to get her out of the situation, he was so worried for her, and she had felt the effects of a Crucio because he had been foolish once again.

`Harry…I was so scared' Hermione sobbed out, tears slurring her speech, as he felt her trembling in his arms. He leaned back and looked at her face, her eyes were puffy and tear soaked, her lower lip was trembling. She was soaked from the rain, mud was splattered across one of her cheeks from her fall but she looked fine, if a little battered. It was his instant feeling to look away, but he wouldn't allow himself to escape this, he had caused this pain to one of the people he loved most, probably the person he loved the most.

`Hermione, I'm so sorry, to go wandering of like that was stupid, to lead you into this was…was…I couldn't bare it if I lost you' Harry said, looking into her tear soaked eyes.

`It wasn't your fault…do you think he was telling the truth about you being betrayed?' Hermione said with fear in her voice.

`I wouldn't believe a word he said, he killed Dumbledore! I'm just happy we got away safe, that you weren't even more hurt' Harry said placing his hand on her heart, it was beating fast, he knew she was scared `don't worry we'll be ok, I promise.'

Hermione was staring at Harry as intently as he was, her soft beautiful eyes were the only thing he could see now, and all the rest had drawn out from his sight so he could focus on the beauty in front of him. She was beautiful, and Harry couldn't bear to see the pain in his eyes and he knew he would do anything to let the hurt escape from her heart.

The moments got longer and longer as they stared into each other eyes, the moment laid with tension. Harry felt himself being mentally pulled towards her, as he moved his lips closer to her face, the beads of rain coming slowly down her face, dripping of her lips. His lips moving closer to hers, he saw an unreadable look in her eyes, a look that told him he wasn't doing anything wrong, but didn't reveal if it was right.

The small amount of breathe coming in short bursts from her mouth were now on his lips, warming him softly, the need to feel her lips on his was unbearable, he moved slightly closer once more as she inclined her face up, tilting it up so Harry's lips could connect.

Harry pushed in softly feeling Hermione's lips against his own, the fire in his chest exploding as he run his palms up to her face, holding her face against his, feeling her lips soft against his own, pushing lovingly as Harry opened his mouth. He traced his tongue softly against Hermione's lower lip, waiting for her to open her mouth. Her hands came up slowly to his chest, pausing on his upper body for a moment. No thoughts were in Harry's head except the burning need for this to continue.

Hermione hands on his chest suddenly went tense, her lips still refusing Harry's tongue entrance, before pushing him harshly away, Harry's lips still searching for the kiss he had just lost. A look of panic was across her face.

`I'm going back' she said a little harshly, turning on her heel before walking away fast.

Harry's brain was reeling with a million questions swarming his brain, why had he kissed her, why had she kissed back and why was she running away back to the Weasleys, back to Ron. Back to Ron and Ginny. He knew he couldn't go back there, not after that.

`Hermione, wait!' he shouted after her, she turned around about 15 meters from him. She took stock still eyeing him with something close to fury in her eyes as the rain fell heavily on her face, not taking a step closer waiting for Harry to speak `I'm going back to Grimmauld, can you tell everyone' Harry shouted again. The anger was still in her eyes as she turned once again on her heel and stormed away.

The rain started falling harder on Harry's head in response to Hermione's escape, the heat that had briefly erupted in his chest being frozen by the pain and confusion he now felt. Harry knew things could never be the same, he had just kissed his best friend, his other best friend loved her, and what about Ginny…

This was going to destroy everything more than anything Snape could ever do, more than Voldemort himself could ever dream of destroying. Was Love and friendship now going to disappear from his life? Had Voldemort won again…

*

So that's chapter 7, hope you enjoyed it. Sorry it took so long to get out, been a crazy few days, and girls are very mad! No offence to you guys as I love you all, but the girls I know are mad! It's quite a bit shorter than the other chapters, but to make up for this fact the next chapter will be posted tomorrow, Sunday at the latest…am I forgiven? The next chapter will be good, one of my favorites I've written… forgiven now? Please?

Well, reviews have been great, and I'm very happy, thank you to: Cutie Claud (who's oh so adorably cute in my head! I'm crushing now!), Diana Black (love the word obtuseness you used in the review and used it in your honor), Hornetnetmike (all your worries will be explained), Spaz82 (whose reviews make me smile!), Magorian (Harry is sooo sorry for his bad language, and he has apologeized.) HappyLady (I love when people write all in capitals, a lost art form in my opinion!) Remolina (you got your H/Hr kiss you needed!) GuruJerry (Hope this chapter is better for you, next will definitely be) the real HOPE (thank you sooo much for your nice words!) FlameFlameYeah (thank you for the constructive criticism, I took it on, read paragraph coming up) Lorel (love the name, where have you been hiding seeing as this was your first review!) S.K (I wanna know what your name stands for, please?) Stu14688 (hope this is less confusing?). Thank you guys.

But now you guys have given yourself a benchmark that you have to live up to! Not joking, 15 reviews for the last chapter, so I want a bare minimum of 10! Please? Other wise I promise I will go ion another bitchy rant! I've given you H/Hr first kiss, and an unforgivable, that must be worth a review!

One last thing, I have no Beta and would like one, my English isn't perfect and I could do with help. So I'm looking for one, don't know how to get one, but if someone's qualified and would like the job, let me know! Thank you, and hope you enjoyed it. REVIEW!!!


-->

8. Unwanted Surprises


Unwanted Surprises

Harry awoke in a panic covered in sweat, a sense of confusion over this state hit Harry hard, he couldn't understand why the panic. Slowly the events of the previous night came back to him, replaying in excruciating detail over and over behind his eyes. He had seen Snape, and Hermione had been hurt but they had managed to escape…and then he had kissed Hermione. He had pressed his lips softly against hers and felt a fire erupt inside of him that he didn't understand. Her body in his arms had felt right, his hand against her face was perfect and her lips against his own had completed the moment, the perfect kiss that everyone dreamed of. Harry couldn't believe that the moment had been wasted on his best friend, a girl he had no romantic feelings for at all. So why should he be feeling like this, replaying it over and over in his mind, he thought to himself. He figured that it had happened because he was terrified that she was to be hurt, or worse, and that had brought it about. That his inherent protectiveness and love for her had made the moment, and his body had confused his strong feelings of friendship for her for something else. So why was he picturing her now, when he knew her to be safe? Harry shook the thought and firmly told himself that she was his friend, nothing more and nothing less, her best friend.

Harry got up and showered quickly, he changed into something clean, he couldn't get his mind onto what he had to do today so he decided on reading the Prophet over some breakfast. He made his way down to the kitchen and as expected he found Dobby had prepared a huge fried breakfast for him, the prophet laying ready by the side of the plate. Harry loved the fact that Dobby had come to work for him every morning when he found these surprises.

Scanning the paper he quickly noticed that a quite a few attacks had happened on the Ministry. The one's that had interested him though were Susan Fleming and Jack Swineshift from the department of mysteries that had both been murdered on the same night, he noticed that they happened at the same time on opposite sides of the country. Harry knew there was more to this story, it was too perfect to be a coincidence, and the `unspeakables'' were generally too well guarded for the Death Eaters to have grabbed two in one night, Harry knew this was planned he just didn't know why. Moody's words had come back to him from last night, that something more interesting was happening…He had given him a note, Harry knew it must have something to do with these attacks.

He got up instantly and made his way from the room, running up the stairs before slamming open his door, the sight inside made him jump with fear, as a person was sat in a chair by his bed.

`Hermione told me what happened…last night' Ron said softly, a strange sound in his voice. Harry couldn't believe that she had already told him, that because of one mistake his friendship was going to end.

`She…she did?' Harry muttered in surprise, looking down at his feet to avoid his eyes, eyes that Harry knew must be full of pain and anger.

`Of course! Don't you think I deserve to know?' Ron said, shock making a presence in his voice as it shook slightly of indignation. Harry couldn't believe that this was happening, anger and a punch was what he deserved.

`Yeah, you do…I don't really know what to say…I'm sorry' Harry ended lamely in anticipation of impending fury.

`You got nothing to be sorry for mate, I just don't understand why you didn't what me to know?' Ron said cheerily but confused, Harry didn't understand this response and looked up to see his soon to be best friend staring at him with a slight grin.

`Why are you smiling?' Harry asked in even more confusion, he wondered why Ron would be happy he kissed his Hermione.

`I'm sorry mate, I know I shouldn't, you know with Snape and everything…' Ron started, the grin still playing upon his lips, the pieces fell into place for Harry and with a big breathe of relief he realized they had got their wires crossed, that his kiss with Hermione was still a secret, Harry's heart jumped for joy and a grin came on his face.

`So why the grinning like a clown then? Finally manage to eat enough last night?' Harry laughed out loud in which Ron had joined, the relief had made him feel like a new man.

`Sod off, I'm just happy today, is that a crime?' Ron said with a suspicious glint in his eye that told Harry there was a reason for the mood, and he was just about to hear it `Well if you have to know, me and…well me and Hermione got…you know…together last night' Ron said triumphantly.

Harry felt like his stomach had just fallen out of him, a hollowness that was replaced by a fire of anger that tore at his insides. His heart race got harder and sped up so much he thought it'd actually come through his chest, at least it'd wipe that look of Ron's face. He knew he didn't have those kinds of feelings for his best friend, but the fact that she had ran from him to go kiss Ron was hard to take, he had felt closer to her lately and she chooses him.

`That's…good for you mate' Harry said without any emotion in his voice, a small triumph as his brain was telling him to shout and scream. Ron didn't seem to realize the emotionless response as he was too busy day dreaming into space, a glazed look upon his eyes that Harry had the urge to smack off, `You still here lover man?' Harry said a little meaner than he meant to and a lot less harsh than he wanted to.

`Sorry mate, it's just she's amazing! I can't believe I got her, she's just…amazing!' Ron said, the glaze look coming back into his eyes, Harry couldn't bare to hear this.

`So why are you here?' Harry asked determined to get off the subject. It took Ron a few moments to get back to him.

`Well seeing as you left early yesterday, you didn't hear about the party tomorrow. The guys from school are meeting up in Hogsmeade tonight, you know the last chance to see the them this year. Hermione's said its ok, so you have to as well' Ron explained, obviously happy about the idea.

Harry's instant reaction was to say no, work had to be done and this frivolous night would show him more people he could lose, more he cared for that Voldemort could use to get to him. And the fact that Hermione would be there with Ron would be horrible for him, nothing good could come from this night he was sure, and he knew there was nothing that could make him go.

Before he could state his answer though Ron had spoken up with a firm voice, a voice that was obviously holding back some anger `you can't say no so don't even try, you want to know why you have to go? Because I heard what you said to Ginny last night, and you were way too harsh! Hermione has convinced me to forgive you, but only if you apologize to Ginny, so that's your night for you'. Harry knew he couldn't get out of this, the Hermione incident had pushed what he had done to Ginny out of his mind, and he knew he had to repair some fences there. Harry simple nodded and Ron got up to leave before turning back to him to add `Three Broomsticks, 8 o'clock, see you later mate, I've got to…see Hermione' Ron said with a grin and disapparated.

Harry's insides still felt like water, like his heart and stomach had just turned to liquid at this conversation. He thought to himself that he should be relieved, that now he wouldn't have to tell Hermione she was just his friend. So why wouldn't the beast inside of him allow this relief to come?

*---*---*

As he approached the room he saw that the man was sat quietly on a chair, collecting his thoughts while patiently waiting. He knew he would be, the summer had been full of these meetings, and were predictable. He stopped several meters short of the man who was covered in darkness; he had never actually seen the man.

`You need to actually do it' the man said softly, `and you need to do it tonight, all depends upon it'.

`Tonight, but I'm not ready!' He stuttered a bit of fear stealing over him.

`Tonight, it must be done' He said softly, almost sorrowful.

`Are you sure?' He asked, but he already knew the answer, the man was never wrong. He took a moment to steel himself before saying `O.k., tonight…'

*---*---*

Harry was sat in a booth looking around the cold, damp dirtiness etched all over this place, the Hogs Head had always left him uneasy. The words in Moody's letter was still making his heart beat fast, he knew no one else had noticed the clues from it, no one except him would notice the clues. He was waiting for someone he needed to see, a full plan was already in mind. He drank from his butterbeer quickly, panic and fear was upon him as he knew he was getting closer on his mission. A person came up to him, Harry thought he knew who it was but had his hand on his wand ready for any trouble, he couldn't be too careful now.

`Mr. Potter, I hope you explain yourself' came the sharp voice of Professor McGonagall, but Harry didn't relax his wand, he had been fooled by Polyjuice potion before, and was determined ever since that he wouldn't be again.

`Firstly I need to know you're who you say you are…are you willing to take a test?' Harry said confidently making Mcgonagall look at him in surprise, especially as Harry's wand came up from beneath the table and pointed at her heart, `It's necessary' Harry said simply.

`Fine, Mr. Potter, do you have the potion with you?' Mcgonagall said sharply, Harry might have gained all the confidence in the world but he was still a pupil in her eyes.

`I don't need a potion, It's a simple spell, if you are who you say you are it wont harm you, if you aren't I will hurt you…' Harry said strongly, he believed this to be Mcgonagall, but he need to be certain.

`A spell?' Mcgonagall said surprised but was met by a stone cold silence by Harry `Ok Harry, proceed…' and instantly she was hit by a shining gold light that shimmered across her body for a few moments, a chill was radiating through her, but as quickly as it started it stopped, and the light disappeared. `Happy now? Why don't you tell me why we're here?' she said. Her interests had been raised, he seemed different to her now, and that was very advanced magic.

`Actually the question you should of asked is what do I want, Professor. But I'll answer anyway, I'm here because I need something from you, and this venue is perfect as it's close to it and as I'm due in Hogsmeade later it's not suspicious' Harry explained quietly `Now onto the real business, I need to be left inside Dumledore's office…alone' Harry said strongly.

`Why?' Mcgonagall said instantly.

`That is neither here nor there, the simple fact is that I must' Harry said with a slightly bored tone to his voice `are you willing to allow me?'

`Um…well its unusual…' Mcgonagall started but was interrupted by Harry.

`We both know that I'm unusual…' Harry said with a small accepting laugh.

`I guess its ok' Mcgonagall said `When do you wan to do this, now?'

`No, later tonight will be better when everything's a little quieter' Harry said `Thank you for your time and accepting my wishes, but I have to leave, various personal issues have arisen I have to take care off, tonight at 12…' and Harry got up to leave.

He was by the door when he heard her voice call after him `Is it Hermione Granger?' She asked causing Harry to look confused `The personal issues?'

**()====()**

Firstly I want to say I'm very very very very sorry for how late this chapter is, sorry! I have had two essays to write for university in the past week and have managed to break my right hand! Typing in a cast isn't very fun! Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

I want to thank the Cutie Claud ( I know I shouldn't have favorites but your mine!) Spaz82 (please make me smile again, I need it!) Hermionesfrog (you never got back to me about being a Beta?) HappyLady (your hysterical!) Roadrunner34 (I like first time reviewers, hope its not just the once!) Swimchick1614 (I wanna know what the 1614 is? A date?) EmilyJane (I Love you!) GoddessofRockadPop (apology accepted) Diana Black (Still loving you) GuruJerry (No H/Hr rushing for me!) Remolina (Snape? Really?) and you anonymous guys (Leave your name!)

Ok, now onto reviews for this chapter, I know Hermione wasn't in it so your probably disappointed, but here's the thing, MY HAND IS BROKEN!, that means that typing is an effort, an effort I'm happy to do if I get reviews! I'm going to look at his on Wednesday and see how many have reviewed, and then ill write it (takes me about 5-6 hours) so you may have it Wednesday .Few reviews and ill look at it on Friday, then Sunday, e.t.c. So if you want me to type the next chapter review, im in no personal rush as it hurts, but I wont let you reviewers down, I promise. So basically you review, you get it wednesday, you don't it comes in it own due course.

Any mistakes or typos I blame on the cast and the painkillers I'm on. Sorry, next will be better, and I'm still wanting a Beta.

PARTY NEXT, and lots more fun!


-->

9. To Live Through the Celebrations


To Live Through the Celebrations

Harry stood outside the Three Broomsticks, a light rain falling down upon his shoulders, a fluttering in his stomach showing him just how nervous he really was. Not only was he to see his friends again, and probably for the last time, but he also had to deal with an angry Ginny, it was looking like his bogeys were destined to become bats. Still, this impending doom wasn't what was really worrying Harry, he was going to be seeing Hermione for the first time since he kissed her, since she ran straight to Ron. Harry was still disheartened to find that he was resenting what she had done, that she had chosen Ron over him…but she hadn't really, seeing as he was just her friend…Harry shook his head to rid himself of these thoughts, brushed the rain from his jacket and pushed the door open and took a step inside.

The place was packed, familiar faces all turning to the door, obviously anticipating Harry's' arrival, the silence hung in the air for a few seconds before the place suddenly broke into greetings. Harry could see all his Gryffindor friends, as well as many from Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, even the unmistakable outline of Hagrid was visible from behind the crowd. After his 20th greeting from his class mates he was reminded of his first visit to the leaky cauldron, the thought of how things could be so similar after so much time brought a smile to Harry's face, he was very glad he had decided to come, or at least to have been bullied by Ron into coming.

Quickly the place had become more normal as groups of people broke of into their own conversations allowing Harry to work his way through the crowd. he was feeling uneasy as he had not yet spotted the three people he most wanted to see, the three who were also the people he feared to see the most. As he pushed through the crowd he suddenly felt a tapping on his shoulder, turning around he was brought face to face with Luna Lovegood.

`Hey Harry, Good party, isn't it?' Luna asked absently staring out at the crowd `It's amazing, I've been invited to two things this summer' she added cheerfully. Luna had the knack for being too honest sometimes that often made Harry feel uncomfortable, he knew she wasn't popular and to get invited to this as well as the wedding must have made her summer.

`Yeah Luna, it's very good' Harry said earnestly `So did you find any Shorshocks' at the wedding?' he asked remembering their conversation a few days ago bringing a grin to his face.

`Oh, yes!' she said actually giving her attention to Harry, obviously pleased that they were talking about something normal for once `But it was weird, they showed up at the end, and were very smug, like they knew something we didn't…' She said mystically, this caught Harry's attention, she had been right in the past before, once…about the Thestrals.

`What do you mean?' Harry asked interested, but Luna's attention had already left Harry and the Shorshocks, and she was now looking around the ceiling.

`I don't actually know. I've got to get going, bye Harry' and with this Luna spun around and left a confused Harry wondering what the hell she was talking about.

Harry waited a few moments and looked around the place, spotting Hagrid sitting by a table talking animatedly with Neville. Harry could tell that Hagrid had been drinking, his eyes were a bit puffy and he was swaying slightly on his chair. Harry made his way over to them and pulled up a chair, Hagrids' smiling face shined at him.

`Alright `arry' Hagrid said brightly `I didn' get a chance to see ya at the weddin, thought I'd come ere.' He was even more drunk than Harry had first thought, and was trying hard not to slur his words.

`I'm sorry I didn't see you, I had to run off quick…Hey Neville' Harry said, looking at Hagrid he knew that he was taking Dumbledore's death really hard. Neville looked at Harry and gave him an awkward smile.

`I was just sayin to Neville ere, it's different for our kind, never knew our parents, but they were taken, everyone… is getting taken now…' Hagird choked out, stifling a sob `Here Arry, eres a drink for ya'.

Harry took the drink and downed it in one, although he had never tasted it before he could tell by the way his throat felt like it was burning out through his skin that this was Fire Whiskey. Harry thought bitterly that the last couple days had finally brought him to drink, he poured another and finished that too. Hagrid was just staring at Harry, a sorrowful but caring look in his eyes mixed with the beginning of tears, Harry tried to think of something to cheer him up with.

`So, how are the…Thestrals?' Harry asked lamely, anyone could tell Harry really didn't give a damn if they were still alive even. Hagrid in his drunken state obviously wasn't anyone though and cheered up considerably at this turn in the conversation.

`Thriving! Summers their mating period, and 6 are pregnant! It's probably gonna be one of the bigges herds in the world…gives me a bit more training to do as well' Hagrid said beaming, Harry took another drink and felt a slight giddiness working through his head `We have a couple Bunyips' as well, ministry aren't too happy, coz of all that liking women and children flesh rubbish…wouldn't arm a fly' Hagrid said proudly causing Harry to burst out laughing which made Hagrid blush slightly, Harry realized he was getting a little drunk, and for once he was actually carefree and happy `well, they might be a lil…energetic at times, but not a bad bone in their bodies!' Harry and Neville were laughing so hard at this that even Hagrid had to let out a chuckle.

`Hagrid, they sound…interesting, it's a pity I'm not there this year!' Harry said laughing still, before taking another drink, his head was swimming now, but the loss of care was intoxicating more than the alcohol `So how are you, honestly?' Harry asked seriously.

`Well, you know, been better' Hagrid said shrugging `seeing you though, ere, appy, is brilliant. Give us something to remember what we're fighting for' Harry felt another tapping on his shoulder, strangely formal but also familiar.

Turning around he was met with a beautiful pair of big brown eyes behind some bushy brown hair. Hermione was looking beautiful tonight, a pair of tight blue jeans that hugged the curves of her petite body, and a light pink top that showed just the tiniest bit of her flat stomach. Harry found that he had the sensation of butterflies swarm through his stomach, but tonight he just didn't care, the alcohol had made him just happy to not be fearing for his and her safety for once.

`Hagrid, I'll be back in a moment, I've got to talk to Hermione' Harry said standing up, not noticing Hagrids' broad grin. `Hermione, come with me…please' Harry said directly to her, staring into her eyes. She was even more beautiful in his eyes than ever before, he wanted to touch her face, he didn't know why, and at this moment he really didn't care. Harry refused to break eye contact with her and she seemed to be doing the same, she nodded slowly and Harry led the way to an up stairs room.

His head was reeling, he had somehow found himself leading his best friend who he had kissed the day before to a room in a pub, he was slightly drunk and finding the brown eyed girl beautiful. He had no idea what he was going to say, he didn't even know what he was feeling. He pushed open a door and looked around the room and found that it was empty, so he was able to speak freely… now just to work out what he wanted to say. He had quickly sobered up, and now his nerves were playing havoc with his body, he couldn't stand still in front of his best friend, the girl he cared for more than anyone for the last 6 years. Harry couldn't believe the situation, and he let out a little laugh.

`What's so funny, Harry?' Hermione said frowning at his laughing that was staring to get a little out of control.

`It's nothing, just you and me…here!' Harry said `You got to find it funny'

`No I don't Harry, I don't see anything funny in our situation' Hermione said softly and seriously, a strange look behind her eyes Harry couldn't pin point.

`I guess it not funny…but it's weird' Harry said, looking at his best friend he tried to find out how he felt for her. The jealousy he had been experiencing since he had spoken to Ron had thrown him, and he realized now that no matter how much he denied it, things were changing between the two, but he didn't know what they were becoming.

`Weird? Weird isn't strong enough for what happened last night!' Hermione said with a little laugh, Harry broke into a laugh and looked at his best friend. Would it really be so bad if he actually had feelings for her? She was smart, she had always cared for him and not for the `great Harry Potter', she had always been able to make him laugh and Harry had recently found out that she was beautiful as well; he couldn't look at her without blushing because of his not so innocent thoughts. What more could he ask for in a girl, in a partner. But how could it happen, what about Ron? He would never accept if he liked Hermione, their friendship would be destroyed, and Harry would never let that happen. He didn't even know if he liked Hermione, wasn't it more likely that he was just feeling like this to get over Ginny, he knew he liked her a lot, he didn't even know how he felt for Hermione. All he had was one kiss, one small kiss, granted it was more amazing and felt more right than anything had ever felt before, but one kiss was not enough to ruin two friendships. Harry realized that it was actually immaterial and that he was getting ahead of himself, Hermione had already chosen Ron, she had ran from him and got with Ron. Harry could feel himself getting angry, he had been passed over once again.

`So, how are you and Ron?' Harry said a little bitterer than he had meant to, causing Hermione to look at him more intently, as if she was trying to read his thoughts. Harry looked away, not able to look at her again.

`That's not what you wanted to talk about, is it?' Hermione asked seriously.

`For once Hermione Granger is actually wrong!' Harry said a little angry, throwing his hands up in the air in desperation `That is all I want to know, there's nothing else in the world I want to know more than that!'

Hermione looked at Harry in fury, her eyes growing darker as the anger slowed down her response, obviously saying she had gotten something wrong was taking it a step too far `What are you talking about? Why would you of all people care about my lack of love life? Or does one stupid kiss you gave me mean I'm suppose to think you give a damn about me all of a sudden when you haven't seen me as more than a friend for six years?' Hermione was yelling now, but Harry had stopped listening and calmed down, focusing on just one point she had said.

`What do you mean by lack of love life?' Harry asked softly, annoyed at himself for hoping so intently upon gaining a certain answer.

`You know what that means, you're not that stupid!' Hermione carried on yelling `I'm not going to spell it out for!'

`So, you and Ron aren't together?' Harry asked softly, he didn't want to anger her more than he already had, she had a temper he didn't want to get on the wrong side of.

`If someone trying to kiss me means I'm going out with them, then I'm currently involved with Ron, Krum and you!' Hermione said loudly, her voice had dropped slightly, but she was still angry.

Harry took a step toward her causing her to flinch slightly, his heart was beating faster. She wasn't with Ron, he had did his usual and got the situation wrong again. Looking deeply into her eyes as she slowly calmed down under his gaze made Harry realized that he had feelings for her, he wasn't sure how strong they were, or what they meant, but he knew he had to find out. If he liked his best friend he owed it to himself to find out.

Hermione was back to yelling at Harry as he stared at her `And stop giving me your puppy dog eyes, nothing you could do could make me not angry with you…'

Harry pushed his lips against hers and felt electricity flooding his body, this time there was no mortal danger, just his lips against hers. Her lips felt cold against his as she didn't react for a moment, but quickly her lips melted and pushed back against his, the intensity of her desire momentarily shocking Harry as he put his hands on her face pulling her closer to him. She slowly withdrew her lips from his and held her face an inch from his, eyes locked on each others.

`…except that…' Hermione gasped out softly.

Harry felt his skin exploding in tingles, as he looked at the best friend who had become his desire, he knew it was wrong but it felt too right to ignore. Now he had found what life could be like with her he knew he couldn't just forget it again.

`I can't believe you'd do that! Both of you are scum!' came a loud scream from the doorway.

Harry jumped back from Hermione and wheeled around to see who it was. He had recognized the voice but the feelings that were swarming his head had stopped him thinking straight. He had just caught the hair of the person as they wheeled away, a long main of red hair, Ginny's hair.

He bounded out of the room after her, he couldn't hurt her like this, she had always been like family to him. He leapt steps at a time down into the pub, looking around the crowded place he didn't bother to see a single person, his mind scanning solely for flaming red hair. He caught it as it left through the main door, and Harry chased her, pushing people roughly out of the way, leaving them behind him cursing his rudeness.

He quickly found himself outside and saw Ginny running away from him in the rain, he chased after her calling her name. She eventually stopped and spun around, her eyes big and puffy as tears flowed freely from her eyes.

`Why, Harry? Why? I loved you! And you dump me for Hermione! My friend! You're friend! Ron's Girlfriend! I'm going to tell everyone! You'll never be together!' she was shouting this through the tears that slowed her speech, hiccupping slightly as the tears caught in her throat. Harry couldn't bear to look at her but he forced himself to, he had caused this pain and he would feel it himself.

Suddenly a huge explosion shattered Harry's senses, a bright red light blinding him, a loud roar from the explosion deafening him as he was thrown 10 foot back against a wall. His head smashed painfully into the side of the stone wall, blood filling his mouth as he collapsed on the floor. His hand instinctively went to his wand grabbing it firmly as he tried to stand on his feet. The red stain on his sight was slowly disappearing, leaving everything with a blood like tint, he looked around for where the attack had come from. Suddenly a rough hand pushed him back to the floor and he buckled instantly under his knees. He could tell that one of his legs had been broken, so much blood was gushing from his knee he feared it could be severed.

`Get down boy, Death Eaters got tipped of you're here!' Moody shouted at him, shouting of jinx after jinx in all directions. `We out number them 5- to 1, so they'll run, then we'll get you sorted to, STAY DOWN!' Moody shouted as he ran away. Watching his run Harry saw that he had joined into a battle with a Death Eater who Kinglsey was already battling. The order had them out numbered. Quickly the fighting died down as Harry heard many cracks meaning the Death Eaters were disapparating.

A thought struck Harry… Ginny was out in the attack with him. Harry forced himself onto his feet, ignoring the intense pain he felt pouring from his knee he scrambled around the battle field looking desperately for her. Panic was overwhelming him as he couldn't find her, if he had led another into dying he would never forgive himself. His actions had already led too many to dying for him, because of him. His parents, Cedric, Sirius and Dumbledore had all died…how many more would be added to that list.

He stopped dead in his tracks as he found Ginny. She was laying still on the floor, perfectly clean even though laid out in dirt and mud…and a large puddle of crimson blood…

*

That's the new chapter, hoped you liked it! I enjoyed writing it, pain killers kick ass!!! Poor Harry, I wish people would give him a break sometime and just let him actually have a proper fun night! Next chapter will be out soon enough, I guess after watching Goblet on Friday I'll be hyped up enough to want to write more. So probably weekend guys.

Just want to point out something I realized recently. Chapter 6 got 16 reviews, chapter 7 got 14 and chapter 8 got 10…anyone notice a pattern here??? You're reviewing less and less!!! That's really not very nice at all! I hope you decide to review this time, as I'm going to be a lot harsher on when I post next in relation to reviews!

Thank you time: first Cutie Claud (still my all time favorite, you are just do cute!) Spaz82 (hoped you liked it, and make sure you review, leave a long one this time, much more time for me to smile if it's long) IzzieQ (hope your feeling better after this) Goddessofrockadpop (masterpiece? I LOVE you!) Diana Black (My Harry sure is a hottie, especially on a confidence kick!) Lorel (Hope that answered a little bit of your questions?) Ashira (wow's are my favorite word, thus you're great) BeyondLSD (loving the name!) Swimchick1614 (did that life the spirits a bit?) Remolina (Alan Rickman has A LOT to answer for!)

Still looking for a Beta, if anyone's interested, hope you all like the new movie…till next time…


-->

10. Problems Multiply


Problems Multiply

The past few weeks had gone by in a blur for Harry, but it felt like he had never had a life outside of these weeks. Things were so up in the air that Harry had no idea where he stood anymore, on anything in the world. The search for the Horcruxes seemed a million years away, he couldn't bring himself to even think of Voldemort at the moment, when he heard of attacks and plans all he could manage to do was shrug. He just couldn't bring himself to care what was happening outside of St. Mungos, where he was waiting day and night for Ginny to open her eyes for the first time since the attack.

His guilt was overwhelming him, there was no certainty that she would ever wake up, she was under constant surveillance as she often was often nearly dying at any point of the day. Harry spent everyday and a lot of nights just sitting by her bed holding her hand, praying that she would once more open her beautiful eyes. The healers still hadn't worked out why she was still in a coma, the large cut that had produced so much blood had been closed easily, but she looked perfect, unharmed as she struggled to stay alive. He wished he was there instead of her, he had only broken them up as to protect her from harm, now he had to accept the fact that he had hurt her anyway. That by breaking up with her he had hurt her, and that she was lying close to death all because of a stupid kiss with Hermione…

He had barely seen Hermione since kissing her, he couldn't bear to look at her. He knew it was unfair but he blamed her as much as himself for Ginny, she shouldn't have kissed back. If she hadn't kissed back Ginny wouldn't have ran from the pub, straight into an attack. If she hadn't kissed back then Ginny wouldn't be fighting for her life. She was sure doing a good job of avoiding him as well, he couldn't remember Hermione even coming to the hospital once after the first night, something of a blessing for Harry.

Here he was now, midnight, sat in a chair by the side of a girl he loved dearly, and there was no way he could help her. The room was barren and empty, all visitors had left for the night, the nurses had given up asking him to leave, as they knew by the look in his eye that visiting hours meant nothing to him.

`Ginny…open your eyes…please…' He said softly, holding her small soft hand in his, tracing his thumb along the length of her smooth palm `Please…I'm so sorry…for everything…'

A tapping came from the door, Harry's mind acknowledged that someone was there but the only thing he cared about was lying in the bed in front of him.

`Harry, can I have a word' came the soft caring voice, he heard the words but he cared so little for them that his mind didn't even put a name to the voice, it just wasn't important. He felt a hand on his shoulder, and he still didn't look or care, his concentration taken solely with looking into Ginny's closed eyes, holding her hand so she knew he was there for her. The hand was removed and Harry was once again left alone in the cold stale hospital room filled with flowers. Flowers for a girl he loved, sent by those that loved her.

Hours passed as Harry sat there, slowly his eyes drooped and he fell into a quiet sleep, away from the problems of life.

He was walking through a house, his bare feet making no sound on top of the carpet as he crept slowly through a room towards a large mahogany door. He couldn't help but realize how strange this was, he was in a house he seemed to know well that was modern, but with a large mahogany old fashioned door. He let out a laugh, almost instantly catching it in his throat, he had to be quiet. He was now right out side the door as he paused, his hand resting softly on the door, every inch of him wanting to push it open. But something held his hand firm, a foreboding of what he would find.

`Hurry up Harry, I don't have all day!' Came a woman's voice he recognized from the other side of the door, it was cheery and filled with joy. He pushed the door open and instantly recognized the woman.

`Mum?' He asked, slightly bewildered. She was stood up and Harry found out she was slightly shorter than him, her flaming red hair made her beautiful, and when he looked into his eyes it was like he was looking into a mirror. He wasn't ever quite sure how much to believe about that old fable he'd heard so many times, how his eyes were identical to his mothers, but it had been proven. The eyes identical to his own beamed at him in pride

`Mum, mother, Lily, I go by all these names' She said walking purposefully up to him and enveloping him in a huge hug. And to think Harry had thought that Mrs. Weasleys hugs had been motherly, they didn't even compare to the feel of being in his mothers' arms. She pulled apart reluctantly after giving him his first motherly kiss on the cheek. By the tears threatening to come from her eyes he knew that she had been waiting a long time to give that hug, as long as he had been waiting to receive it. She sat down on a near by chair and beckoned him to join her

`I can't believe you're here…' Harry said in shock, still unable to take his eyes from hers.

`Well believe it Harry, because we don't have the time to do the whole `prove it' thing. And to be honest if I have to do that to my own son I shall be mightily insulted' She said laughing softly looking at him `I'm so happy to see you finally Harry, I want you to know that I'm sorry…' she said sincerely, but Harry interrupted her.

`Don't say sorry, it wasn't your fault it was Voldemorts' fault, he killed you!' his words, although honest and heartfelt were met with laughter.

`I'm sorry Harry…shouldn't have laughed' she said righting herself and trying to wipe the grin from her face `I wasn't talking about the whole dying thing. Anyway I was the one who actually died there, I think that was unpleasant enough in itself without having to feel guilty for it!' She said jokingly causing the two of them to laugh loudly. He had never thought of his mother as having a sense of humor before, in his mind she was the careful strict one. Evidently she seemed as `bad' as James. `I meant for not doing in Petunia while I had the chance!' She said and the two shared another big laugh.

He was just sat there staring at his mother, the mother he had never met but already knew fully. His mother. He couldn't stop himself from lunging at her to get another hug, he wanted to make up for lost time. After several long moments he pulled away from her and sat back down and grinned. He couldn't remember ever being happier. She pulled two mugs from a table he hadn't noticed and handed him one while taking a sip from her own.

`Hot chocolate? And Sirius didn't give me anything!' He said jokingly.

`Sirius has never been the best of hosts' She said sighing slightly `don't get me wrong, Harry, I love the man but he's always coming around now. James practically thinks their teenagers again. You can guess how much trouble their getting in now!' she spoke like they were her troublesome children but her eyes let her down, Harry could tell how much they meant to her and how happy she actually was.

`So, Harry, I'm not really allowed to do this but being here with you I now realize why Sirius did what he done. Let's have a little chat, they'll wait. Is there anything you want to talk about?' she asked cheekily raising an eyebrow at him `A certain Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley?'

Harry blushed, for a moment he couldn't believe his mother was asking about his love life. This thought quickly disappeared as he realized that he was talking to his dead mother, anything else compared to that must be mundane. `Well, how much do you know?' he asked cheekily back.

`Cho, covered, dating Ginny, covered, kissing Hermione, covered' she said ticking a finger each time like she was counting down a list `I can't believe that poor girl though, hurt so terribly…' Harry froze for a moment, he didn't want to think of Ginny right now when he could be talking with his mother and he banished the thought of her from his mind `You know I use to work in St. Mungos', I was a top healer.' She said proudly, Harry didn't know this but wasn't shocked by the news, the job seemed perfect for her. `I spent my fair share of time here, not nearly as much as you have been these past few weeks.' She said strictly, clearly showing that disapproved of his behavior. She suddenly reminded him of Hermione in her scorning, `So, what's happening between the three of you?'

`I though you said you knew?' He said interested in how much she actually knew.

`Yet again I'm going to take a marauder path and answer your question even though I shouldn't!' she said laughing, obviously the marauders had rubbed of on her quite a bit `we can see, and we know certain things, but no mind reading. So I'm asking how do you feel?' She said matter of factly in a very Hermione-ish kind of way.

`I don't know…' he said lamely but by the look in her eyes he knew he had to give a better answer `With Ginny, I want to kiss her all the time and Hermione's my best friend… Actually that's pretty simple isn't it?' Harry said amazed at the situation, although the strange tingling sensation told him that that might not be the whole truth `What do you think?' he asked

`Well, Ginny's beautiful. Me being a red head naturally adore the red heads. If I was a few years younger at school and… well, alive… I'd of crushed out on Ron majorly. And I know how much the whole quidditch thing means to you. I simply adore Hermione though. I know she's in Gryffindor, but she belongs in my house, Ravenclaw. Being myself ever so bright, I love that in her. On your… adventures we'll call them… she's my favorite. I know just how she feels with you and Ron, I got pulled around along with the marauders often enough!' she said cheerfully `But in the end you'll make your own choices, although I'm pretty sure I know what it'll be, mothers intuition and all.' She said proudly.

Harry found this a little weird. Looking at his mother he did notice the similarity between her and Ginny, this was a little cringing for Harry. And Hermione did seem to be a lot like her. Dam, if he put the two of them together they'd probably be his mother. The one saving grace was that he hadn't known his mother was like Hermione, having never spoken to her. He worked quickly to banish all though of this from his mind, it wasn't a course of thought that was very nice.

`But when I, you know…kissed… Hermione, you saw what happened, Ginny got hurt. How could I do that to her now?' He asked sincerely. His mother just looked back lovingly at him with a small grin on his face.

`Even if you want to be with Ginny you can't blame Hermione, you kissed her and Ginny ran out. It wasn't your fault and it sure as hell wasn't Hermione's!' she said in her strict mode again. Harry knew this to be true, he didn't blame Hermione, and it wasn't her fault at all.

`Thanks…mum' he said softly, and with that the lights started to dim slowly. He knew what this meant, having had it happen with Sirius, he hadn't much time left. The look on Lily's face showed that she realized it too and the two stood up from their chairs as Lily pulled him into another hug.

`Your being awoken by someone who needs you, Harry.' She said softly, a little sob coming from her letting him know tears were now falling from her eyes. A laugh broke from her as she pulled away from him `Sirius is never going to let me live this down, me breaking the rules and keeping you here as long as he did!'

Harry looked at his mother, this was his first time he had seen her for 16 years and would be the last for, hopefully, many more years to come. He felt tears rolling silently down his cheeks, falling slowly into the corners of his mouth `I love you' he said quietly, her tears now falling in great flows from her eyes.

`I love you too, Harry, now go' She said. Harry turned and walked towards the mahogany door, he knew all he had to do was push it open and walk through, he heard Lily's last words as he opened the door and walked through `being in love…it's how you know your alive'

Harry felt the soft chair underneath him telling him he was back in the hospital room. He felt a tear on the side of his face, he didn't care to push it away, it was a tear for his mother, for once not because of sorrow but of joy. He felt a hand on his shoulder and moved his hand up to it and held on. The hand melted in his grasp, the warm softness of it incased in his made him feel safe. He blinked his eyes open and looked at who the hand belonged to. He was brought eye to eye with beautiful brown eyes, Hermione's eyes. He smiled softly at her to tell her everything was ok, a smile he didn't receive back. He realized his other hand was holding onto Ginny and he looked at it.

For a moment he sat hand in hand with the two girls in his life, both of who he knew he loved, each differently, but each total.

`Harry…you're…here' came a small dry voice. He looked up from Ginny's hand and saw her eyes open, looking straight at him in love.

*

Sorry for long time between update. Sorry it's a little shorter than the rest, the next chapter is a monster though so that'll make up for the length (I hope). Hope you liked it, and I hope Lily was ok. Well please review, quicker you review the quicker I write…fact. I want to say thank you to everyone who reads it this time, not just the reviewers (although I do like you more than them!). Hope you enjoyed it!


-->

11. A Day of Many Battles


A Day of Many Battles.

Ginny had awoken and brought with her a way for Harry to forgive himself, she was going to be ok. Harry and Hermione had called the healers as soon as she had opened her eyes and they had waited by her side till the rest of the Weasley family had come. Harry had determinedly not looked at Hermione the whole time in a effort not to upset Ginny, but he needn't have worried, she was to weak at the time to even had noticed.

`Thanks, Harry, for calling us…' Mrs. Weasley said slightly teary as she pulled him into a hug after checking on Ginny `The healers say she should be ok now…they had just been waiting for her to open her eyes… you two go and get something to eat, the cafeteria should still be open, I'll look after Ginny'

And with a last little hug to Hermione Mrs. Weasley went back into the room, leaving Harry with the person he most needed to talk to. He looked at her and nodded, she knew this to mean to follow him and he led her down to the cafeteria. Harry took his usual seat, a table he had so often used while waiting for Ginny, a table that he now had to talk to Hermione on. She sat down opposite to him and looked out of the window, Harry couldn't help but notice that she had avoided his gaze the whole time. He was tense and found the words hard to find, but he knew this was Hermione, that he could talk to her about anything.

`The food here's terrible' He said softly as her eyes darted away from the window and onto his, those beautiful brown eyes he had recently become so attracted to `I swear the chef here gets a bonus for making people sick…' Harry said trying to attempt a joke.

`Probably to keep the numbers up' She said mischievously, `so how are you, Harry?' a small shiver went down his back as he realized how much he loved to hear the way she said his name `We haven't had a chance to talk after…that night…'

Harry blinked for a moment and realized that she had already opened a way into the conversation for him, just like Hermione to be so efficient `Yeah, I know…' the right words were still hard to find though `You know me, I'm terrible at this, but…'

`Don't worry Harry, you don't have to say it' Hermione interrupted him, a little bit of sorrow lining her eyes, sorrow that Harry hated being there `I know we're just friends, it was a mistake, that's all'

Harry sat there shock for a moment or two as Hermione eyed him carefully, Harry was now sure by the empty feeling inside of him that he liked Hermione, a lot more than just as a friend. `But, Hermione…'

`You don't have to say anything more, I'm not the hurt girl here… you've always like me as a friend and I'm perfectly happy with that!' she said slightly angrily.

`But I need to tell you how I feel!' He started loudly, he needed her to listen to how he felt, and he needed to know if she felt the same. She sat there quietly waiting for him to carry on talking. He had to calm his voice slightly, shouting that he liked her wasn't going to work `you've always been my best friend, ever since the first year, and you know just how much I've always cared for you…you're safety has always been first to me, I don't know what I would of done if you had got hurt because of me. Sometimes I can't believe how much trouble I've led you into…' He paused for a moment just to think about how many times she could have been hurt, or worse, because of him.

`I've done my fair share of leading as well Harry' she said gently `I went after the basilisk with the mirror, my time turner idea, I led us into the forbidden forest with Umbridge, as well as other times… It's not always you' she said consolingly, and Harry couldn't argue with it, he had to concede that she had done her fair share of trouble making herself.

`I know that Hermione… what I wanted to say was how you've always been just a friend to me' He said, she sat there so still Harry couldn't tell what was going through her mind, so he just carried on with what he needed to say `But lately, in the last month or so… I've been, well…seeing you differently. I think I may have feeling for you…'

She still wasn't moving, just staring appraisingly at Harry, he wished he was better at Legillemency so he could read what she was thinking. About a minute, which seemed like days for Harry, she stayed still, Harry couldn't think of anything he could say, it was her turn to. Slowly a small smile broke upon her face as and she laughed softly `Harry, sometimes you are such a fool!' she laughed a bit more before turning serious `You don't like me like that, we're just friends, nothing more. You've just broken up with Ginny, and you really like her. I saw last year how happy you were with her, and now you're just lonely, and I'm the only girl who's been around you. That's all there is to it' she said seriously, a small grin plastered on her face.

Harry couldn't believe she had just said all this, so she didn't like him more than a friend, that much was clear. But was what she said true? He was feeling lonely without Ginny, and she was the only one around. In all the years he knew Hermione he had never noticed any feelings he had for her, she had always just been his friend, and he knew he had really liked Ginny only a few months ago, was it so strange to think his feelings would be running wild still. Harry remembered a television show Hermione had made them all watch on muggle psychology, she had said it was fascinating, and they had called it transference. And since when had Hermione Granger ever been wrong?

`I guess you're right…' he said looking at her, she was still so beautiful in his eyes, and the dying need to capture her lips with his was still there, he knew he had to see Ginny soon to figure this out. Had what he said messed up their friendship, would things be awkward between them now? He couldn't bare it if he had stupidly lost his friend because of feelings that wasn't even there `I'm so sorry Hermione, I'm so rubbish at stuff like this…I've messed things up haven't I?' He asked earnestly, needing so desperately for her to forgive him.

`Don't be silly, Harry, of course you haven't messed up our friendship!' she said cheerfully, playfully slapping him on his arm which sent the now familiar shiver up his spine, he really had to see Ginny again quickly `don't think you can get rid of me that quickly!'

`Thanks Hermione, that means a lot to me, you always being here for me' Harry said earnestly.

`I'll always be here for you Harry…' Hermione said totally truthfully.

*

Hermione sat quietly on the side of her bed, thoughts rushing through her body. Her mother had always talked about a woman's' intuition on those they cared about and she knew something was wrong, that now was not the time to be on her bed. She got up and went towards the door, her feet seeming to drive themselves, powered by the bad feeling swimming around inside her stomach. Slowly walking down the stairs of Grimmauld place she could barely keep her feet on the steps her legs were shaking so badly. She could here a lot of commotion coming from the living room, not just Harry and Ron but many others, she withdrew her wand and walked fast towards the door. She pushed the door open slowly and saw the occupants of the room spin around, all their wands pointed directly at her.

`Put them down!' Harry bellowed and walked across the room to her, using his hand to physically lower hers `I didn't think you were awake…' he said gently.

Hermione looked around the room at everyone looking worried at her, anger was starting to pump through her veins `Obviously! Otherwise this secret meeting wouldn't have taken place, would it?' She was trying to keep her voice calm and quiet but she felt so angry that Harry would call a meeting of the Order without her knowledge. The whole room tried to look away, trying to pretend like they weren't there, she scanned the whole room, Lupin, Moody, Kingsley, Tonks and… `RON! Ron's allowed to know but I'm not!' this was too rich, now she was thoroughly pissed, and by the look on his face Harry was obviously worried. She watched him look around at the Order and signal that he was going to go for a minute.

`We haven't got time for this, Harry' came Moody's growl, obviously displeased at the hold up, Hermione was furious at his comment, at least he was invited to this!

`Shut up, Alastor!' She shouted at him. She had never seen Moody look so shocked and worried before, but she didn't care and she spun from the room and walked outside, Harry following closely behind.

She spun around to look at him, pain and fear was on his face `What the hell is going on!' she shouted at him.

He paused for a moment before speaking in his soft calming voice, she hated this voice as it worked so well on her `I'm sorry Hermione, honestly I am. I should have told you...I asked the Order to track Nagini…Voldemorts snake…'

`I know who Nagini is, thank you!' Hermione interrupted, anger threatening to blow over at any minute as she couldn't believe how he could have kept it from her. Harry continued like she hadn't interrupted.

`…and they've found her. We've set a trap. Tonight we'll take Nagini and a part of Voldemort's soul with her…' Harry finished. A million questions flooded Hermione's brain, a lot of them concerning why he didn't tell her, but one big flaw with this plan was too important…

`You've told the Order about the Horcruxes? Harry, that's so foolish, he could have spies in it, especially now Dumbledore isn't in charge! This could be a trap for you!' she said worriedly, she was still angry with him for not telling her but her natural worry for him was too strong. A small smile spread over his lips.

`At least you now know why I didn't tell you' he said softly staring into her eyes, his hand holding onto her arm sending a now familiar shiver along her back. `I didn't tell them about the Horcruxes, I said we needed to round up the main Death Eaters, to weaken the group before attacking Voldemort. A friendless and alone Voldemort is a problem we can handle, with his faithful followers it's a much bigger task. I attached Nagini to this list. Voldemort uses a lot for reconnaissance, like with the prophecy and Mr. Weasley, so I knew we'd find her first. I didn't mention that I'd be coming along, I just told them to come and tell me before they went after one…I just told them now I'd be coming. I don't think a spy would have time to set up a trap' Harry said softly, eyes the whole time locked on hers. Those gorgeous green eyes that she had always loved to stare into. His plan sounded perfect, she was impressed at how together Harry had become this year, he wasn't just doing his usual rushing in tactics, but making a good plan. One problem was still apparent to her.

`So why didn't you tell me before?' she asked, his piercing gaze had taken most of the anger from her. He looked away at this question.

`Because I knew you'd want to come…' Harry said unwilling to make eye contact `…and if it's a trap, well, I can't lead you into that…' he finished returning his eyes to hers. Hermione couldn't let him go on his own, she had to be alongside him. What if he needed her and she wasn't there? How could she live with that?

`But you've made sure it's not a trap! I'm not letting you play the hero again just to keep me safe at home! And I am coming!' she said firmly, he just shock his head and spoke slowly to her.

`I've thought about this Hermione. Trust me when I say I'm not playing the hero like usual' he said the last bit with a smile `This is me being selfish… If you're with me then all I'll be worried about is protecting you. When hasn't you're safety ever not been my biggest concern?' he asked her.

`I guess…' she accepted, he had always put himself out to protect her, sometimes it had got in the way of what needed to be done.

`And tonight I can't worry about anyone else. I need to concentrate just on Nagini. Ron will have his dad and brothers to look after him…' he added, she knew this was true, her own pride couldn't get in the way, if she was there he would be distracted and maybe get hurt, or worse. She nodded that she agreed. `Don't worry Hermione, I won't be doing this again. Next time, when I don't think that I'll be walking into a trap, you will be beside me. I wouldn't be able to get anywhere if you weren't there with me… you save me way too often!' he said teasingly while laughing. Hermione tried not to laugh but couldn't' help herself, Harry always knew what to say to make her laugh.

`This time Harry I'll let you get away with it…if there's a next time though you won't have to worry about Voldemort killing you because I'll be doing him the favor' she said jokingly causing Harry to let out a small chuckle. She was amazed how mature he had become, joking and laughing with her before going into battle, she didn't know how he had got so much strength. She believed completely in him, if anyone else had told her to stay behind she would have laughed and followed alongside Harry, but if he told her he needed her to wait behind this once she had to trust him. As everyone had once placed all their trust in Albus Dumbledore, she place all hers in Harry Potter, she always had.

`I've asked Luna to come round, she'll be here in about an hour…' he said, she couldn't help but smile, Harry always had her best intentions in mind `I'll be late tonight, we've set up a meeting point of the Burrow after…the battle. I'll be there, but I'll send word that I'm safe…'

With a small smile Harry turned and walked back towards the door, by the time his hand reached the handle Hermione's face was covered in tears, but no sound came from her lips, she wouldn't have Harry take that into battle with him. He pushed the door open and stopped before walking through. Hermione could barely hear the words he whispered `save you're tears for I'll be back…I promise' and with that he walked through and shut the door leaving Hermione alone, tears flooding down her cheeks.

`Would Miss like a tissue?' came Dobby's squeaky voice, Hermione slowly looked at him and noticed he had four different boxes of tissues, obviously eager to get the right kind. Dobby was always so thoughtful like that, Hermione thought of him like a house elf version of Harry.

`That would be lovely, Dobby' she said trying to stifle her tears, picking a tissue from her favorite soft type and wiping the tears from her eyes.

`Please don't cry, miss' Dobby said reproachfully, just like Harry `Dobby doesn't think you're Hairs that bad, not worth crying over!' he pronounced happily seeing Hermione stopping crying. Now though she was standing there in shock at what Dobby had said. Just like Harry, always got everything wrong involving her feelings, though Harry didn't get it quite that wrong, but was close.

*

Hermione was sitting at the kitchen table, now onto her fifth coffee of the night. Harry had been gone over 6 hours now and she hadn't heard anything. She had no idea what their plan involved, and she hated the fact she hadn't asked. How ironic that the girl who never stopped asking questions actually forgot to ask any on something as important as this! Hermione had spent the hour waiting for Luna to arrive making herself a meal, and a lot of time running a comb through her hair, maybe Dobby had a point about her hair some of the time but she thought it was looking quite good recently. Luna and her hadn't really talked much during her visit, just about school and news as Hermione watched the window, hoping to see Hedwig fly through at any moment.

`…So that's the real reason why men want to kiss women' Luna said excitedly snapping Hermione out of her thoughts, `Did you hear me?'

`Um…yeah' she said lamely.

`It's ok to be worried for him, I'm finding it hard as well' Luna said conversationally causing Hermione some confusion.

`You're worried for Harry?' Hermione asked.

`Harry? Oh dear no, I know he'll be safe, that's obvious! It's the others who aren't so protected as Harry…' Luna said drifting off into reading the quibbler she had in her hand. Hermione couldn't help but wonder what she meant by Harry being protected, but knowing Luna as she did she knew the answer wouldn't make any sense.

A few moments more passed as Hermione watched the window, still awaiting Hedwig's arrival. The thought that at this moment Harry could be fighting for his life, maybe even against Voldemort himself, kept running through her mind, a tear was constantly on the verge of falling. She looked at Luna who was studying her closely.

`Why don't you tell him how you feel?' Luna asked seriously, Hermione's initial reaction was to ask who but she knew who she was talking about.

`I can't…It wouldn't work, he doesn't see me as more than a friend…I'm not even sure myself…' Hermione said shakily, she hadn't had the chance to talk to anyone about this so far, no one in her world would understand.

`You are sure, I can see it in you. There's more to this, isn't there?' Luna asked gently, Hermione nodded her response tears hanging in her eyes `Do you want to talk about it? I won't tell anyone, I promise' Hermione thought for a moment about making excuses not to, but she knew she needed to, she had been keeping this bottled up for to long.

`He kissed me after the wedding, and also the night of the attack. It was that kiss that made Ginny run from the pub straight into the attack. Because of that kiss she was hurt, if I hadn't done that she would never have nearly died. Harry ran from me when he saw her, he ran from me to her. It showed me how he felt, he chose her, not me. I was feeling really guilty about Ginny and all but I was really angry at him as well, angry he would use me like that to try and get over Ginny. Then he told me about a month ago he had feelings for me, just after Ginny woke up, but the whole time she was in the coma he avoided me, he wouldn't even look at me, ever. I know what was happening so I told him we were just friends, I didn't tell him how I felt…how I feel' It was good to talk about this, to hear herself say the words out loud, to have some one to listen to it.

`Ginny never said anything about you kissing Harry?' Luna asked confused, Hermione couldn't believe this, and what was she playing at not telling anyone `…How long have you liked him Hermione?' Luna asked softly.

`I don't know, he's always been just Harry, but on the other hand he's always been like this totally amazing boy… man, who's always been the centre of my life. Except for summer everything revolves around him, when I go to Diagon alley, the quidditch world cup, our adventures in school, the lessons I pick…everything. I guess I'm trying to say I had never realized how I felt at all till he kissed me and I can't tell when it started. It might of always been there, it might of started with that kiss…I honestly don't know. But now all I want is to feel his arms around me again.' Hermione said this blushing slightly, she had never voiced these feelings before and it was weird talking about Harry like this. She knew she was rambling, and she hated to ramble, but she knew she couldn't help it as her thoughts were all over the place.

`Hermione, can you listen to me for a minute and not get angry?' Luna asked gently waiting for Hermione to give her a nod which came quickly, she wanted to hear her opinion on the matter `how would you feel if Harry got hurt or was…killed tonight?'

`Why would you say that? He'll be fine…he will be!' Hermione said angrily, talking about this at this time was massively wrong. Luna kept on staring though so she answered her question `Well I'd naturally be killed, I couldn't imagine life without him…he's my best friend'

`And what if he died tonight without knowing how you really felt? Believing the lie you told him?' Luna asked seriously.

What if Harry died without knowing how she felt? Died without knowing her biggest secret?

*

Harry was hurt, his face was covered with a small amount of blood. He didn't know if this was his or someone else's and he didn't have time to figure it out. Explosions were going off around him and the room was full of blinding lights from the duels going on. He knew he had walked into a trap, that was painfully obvious, he didn't know how but that wasn't the point, he had spotted Nagini before they sprung the trap and he knew she was close by. He couldn't afford tonight to be for nothing, he needed to get that snake. He darted from around the wall and ran towards where he thought Nagini was, ducking under the curses being flung about, shooting off hex after hex at the Death Eaters. He noticed Ron was dueling one with his father, he didn't have time to help, he had his own mission tonight.

A loud noise echoed through his ears as an explosion threw him to the floor, he recovered quickly and got to his feet, looking for the attacker.

`Potter, good to see you again…' a death eater said to him, he recognized him as Amycus who was there when Dumbledore died, he threw a stunning spell which Harry blocked easily, he knew he could probably take him but it needed to be fast `No Snape here to save you tonight…Crucio!' He yelled.

Harry's reactions even surprised him, his wand obeying barely the beginnings of thoughts he had as he deflected the unforgivable away from him. He wasn't sure how he had done it, or what spell he had used, but now wasn't the time for answers.

`No Amycus, Snape isn't here to save you…' He shot a strong stunning spell at him that was blocked, Amycus threw something at him that he easily defended. They were now trading curses almost instantly with each other, Harry used everything he knew hoping to catch him of guard, all the spells except the unforgivable's. Harry laughed out loud `Voldemort must be getting desperate, to get a practical squib like you!' Harry taunted, he needed to end this quickly to find Nagini and hoped to provoke him into a mistake.

`Why, you half blood scum!' Amycus ran towards him throwing spell after spell in Harry's general direction, he was getting slack now, Harry knew it would only take one good spell to finish this. Harry thought `Levicorpus' and Amycus was thrown into the air by his ankle dropping his wand and winning the battle. Quickly Harry added an Incarcerous to tie him up then added a quick Langlock to stop him shouting the insults that he was directing at Harry. He started to move once again through the battle.

He spotted her slivering away from the battle, taking down one of the order on the way from behind, blood spluttering over the floor. Harry ran to chase her, shooting curses at her to keep her from getting away to quickly. Quickly he was out of the main battle and still chasing her along a street, the darkness only lightened slightly form nearby windows. The statute on Magic was the last thing on his mind, the ministry couldn't touch him now, even if he had to duel every Auror in the Ministry he wouldn't stop till he had defeated Voldemort. Harry realized that Nagini must have taken a wrong turn as the street they were on was a dead end, symbolic for one of them tonight he thought. He slowed down as Nagini turned to face him, obviously having realized her mistake.

`Potter, good to meet once again…I'm afraid it will be the last time though…' Nagini hissed to Harry with his eyes locked on him.

`I didn't think when we met we'd be in agreement, although I sense that we have a slightly different idea on why we won't be seeing each other again' Harry said taking slow steps towards her, his wand and eye trained constantly on the snake. He knew that she would be trying something.

`Arrogant as usual Potter, you should hear Snape talk about you…what do you think you're going to do? We both know you won't kill me, you can't…' She hissed angrily at him, slowly working her way towards Harry.

`Really?' Harry asked politely `And all this time I had thought that I had come here tonight to do just that…I feel really stupid now!' He said politely, he could tell by Nagini's momentary pause and the look of fear that had now come in her eyes that she hadn't counted on this.

`You lie, Potter! You can't do it…' Nagini hissed in anger. Instantly she darted up towards Harry, he barely had time to realize what was happening before he raised his wand, the attack was so quick he didn't even know if he would miss, he didn't have the time to aim properly so he had to hope as he shouted…

`AVADA KEDAVRA!'

*

Hermione sat on the end of her bed and looked at her watch, it was now 9 o'clock in the morning and still no word had reached her from Harry. She couldn't bear to think that something might have happened. Luna had left only half an hour before as sleep started to take her, Hermione had no such luxury, sleep was out of the question till she knew Harry and Ron was safe. Luna's words were still running through her mind, what if Harry had died tonight and she had never had the chance to tell him that she lied, that she had feelings for him as well, and was as confused as he was, but how could she open up to him, when there was such a last chance it wouldn't work.

She opened the book on her lap, a photo album she had been keeping during her time at Hogwarts. She loved to look at this when she was feeling low, to remember the good times the three of them had spent together. She turned to the first picture, a photo taken just before Christmas in her first year. They had only been friends for a couple of months but the people in the photo looked so happy, so comfortable together already. She remembered the first time she had met Harry and Ron, Ron had been a jerk like usual to her but Harry had been so weird to meet. She had only heard she was a witch shortly before so to meet a wizard from the books she had read so avidly since finding out was like a dream. She couldn't help but feel sorry for him, for how everyone looked at him and talked about him just because his parents had been murdered. It was so unfair.

She flipped a few pages to a photo from her third year, probably her favorite in the whole book. The three of them together just days after helping Sirius escape, after Harry had been given his first real family, the first person who really loved him. Harry's face was brimming with joy, he looked so happy and pleased, and she could hardly believe what the fates could have in store for him over the next couple years. She had watched and helped as numerous people tried to kill him, she caught Rita when she made everyone hate Harry in the prophet, and she had tried to help save him before running into the ministry. What kind of world was it that could do that to such a lovely person, a person who was always there for those he loved and even those he didn't. She had always tried to protect him and she knew she would always do so.

A tapping at the window broke her from staring at the thirteen year old happy Harry and she looked at the window, Hedwig had finally arrived. She ran to the window in such haste that she almost tripped over a large table she didn't notice in her panic. She quickly brought Hedwig in and untied the letter in a frenzy, Hedwig hooting indignantly as she paid no attention to her. Her hands were trembling as she opened the note attached and read the letter.

Dear Hermione,

I'm safe. You don't have to worry, I'm not hurt. The small injuries I got have all been healed and even I'm surprised at how well I got away. Ron's safe too, he got a bit of a cut on his arm, but he'll be o.k. I'll be back later today, probably this evening as I've got something I need to do.

Love,

Harry

Hermione found tears of joy flowing down her cheeks, Harry was safe and well. Her heart felt like exploding as she realized she'd be seeing him soon. She fell down on the bed and pulled the photo album towards her opening the most recent photo, one from Bill and Fleur's wedding, the day he kissed her. The two of them were standing together, his arm around her, holding her for the photo. He looked so handsome in his new dress robes holding her in her dress. His messy raven hair was adorable matched with his smile from his lips. She found herself quickly dreaming of being held by Harry again, of pushing her lips into Harry…She sat up quickly with one thought on her mind, Luna was right. She had to tell Harry how she felt.

She quickly changed into a tidy pair of jeans and a nice little yellow t shirt, the sun was out and she knew she wouldn't need a coat. She paused for a moment at the mirror, dreading looking at her hair as she knew it'd be bushy once again. When she looked though she was surprised, it was looking good today. She realized how she had been doing it after Dobby's comment, another reason to love house elfs she thought happily to herself, a grin almost stuck on her face. She took one more moment to collect herself otherwise she'd just run and kiss Harry in front of everyone, and that would be a disaster at the Burrow. And with one more thought of being in Harry's arms she disapparated.

She opened her eyes to see the Burrow before her, the house was dark, obviously all the Order had already left and people had gone to sleep, she just hoped Harry would still be awake. She bounded up towards the door and pushed it open, making her way through the empty house towards the kitchen. She found Molly who was still awake, although looking like she had spent the whole night awake like her and ready to go to bed.

`Hey dear' She said cheerily pulling her into a hug `didn't you get Harry's letter? Everyone's safe, all made it back unhurt…everyone from the family anyway…' she added a little upset. Hermione panicked for a moment, how could she tell her she was here to tell Harry she liked him, after all she was Ginny's mother?

`Oh, yeah I did…I just need to tell Harry something' Hermione said casually

`He's up in the twins old bedroom, I think he's still awake, go on up' she said cheerily, either she had sounded convincing on why she was here or Molly was to tired as she didn't seem to suspect anything.

`Thanks Mrs. Weasley' and with a smile she bounded up the stairs. The time she had spent here had taught her the house well and she knew the way without thought, thoughts that were very much preoccupied. Her heart was beating so fast she thought it'd come through her chest, she was just about to tell her best friend that she liked him, she was nervous but knew Harry would never hurt her.

She was now outside of the door and heard Harry moving about inside, she paused for a moment before knocking and opening the door and taking a step inside. Harry was there in just a vest looking straight at her, he was obviously in shock at her sudden appearance.

`Hermione? What are you doing…' Harry started but she interrupted him, she needed to get this out before she got to nervous and backed out.

`The other week, I lied. You're not just my friend…I have feelings for you…I really like you Harry and think there is something between us…' she said honestly looking straight into those gorgeous green eyes.

Harry didn't move or say anything, all he did was carry on looking at her, a look she couldn't read spread across his face.

`Ready for a little more action, hero?' came a voice.

Ginny walked through the other door to the room, dressed only in the t shirt that Harry was no longer wearing and a very small pair of shorts…

*_________________*

Another chapter done. Hope you like it, poor Hermione! I know it's a little weird to go from Hermione's point of view but it was necessary (and quite fun). Anyway, told you it'd be longer than the last one, it's about twice as long as most of them! Hope this makes you forgive me for taking so long on the lat one, next will be soon as well.

Now serious business. You guys suck. 4 reviews for the last chapter! All time low! I made the ending nastier on purpose because of you! Hope you guys like what you did to Hermione!

Now my thank you's to the four reviewers, the only ones I like now, Spaz82, Remolina, mischiefmanaged and an anonymous. I love you 4 so much! About as much as the others suck! By the way you non reviewers, I'm fickle so if you review next time I wont hate you but I'll love you instead.

Hope you enjoyed it anyway!


-->

12. To Ask From The Powerful


To Ask From The Powerful

Harry couldn't believe what had happened, Hermione had just burst through the door and told him she had feelings for him with Ginny unknown to her in the next room. What the hell was going on with the life of Harry Potter?

`Hey Hermione' Ginny said, Harry cringed for a moment expecting a huge argument to erupt between the two of them. They still hadn't mentioned `the kiss' and Harry was quite glad they hadn't. Hermione's face had lost all its color as she stood there wide eyed in shock at what had just happened, Harry could tell that it was only this shock that stopped her momentarily from either bursting into tears or hexing the pair of them back to the Middle Ages, depending on what kind of mood Hermione was in. Ginny walked up towards Hermione, who didn't move at all but seemed to steel herself for a fight, Harry dammed his luck as he realized he'd left his wand over by the bed, he just had to hope that she wouldn't put anything permanent on him. As Ginny got closer she broke into a little run and threw her arms up around Hermione, pulling her into a hug.

`I haven't seen you since I woke up! I knew you'd come tonight.' Ginny said cheerily taking a couple steps back away from her looking positively ecstatic. What the hell was she playing at? Ginny wasn't the type of girl to get over such a betrayal so easily. She put her arms around Harry's side and gave him a quick hug before talking to Hermione again `We should meet up tomorrow, as you can see I'm miles better now and in dire need of some retail therapy!'

Hermione stood there eyes wide, still in shock for a few moments before recovering herself and trying to talk naturally `Um…that sounds great Ginny…but tomorrow will be…you know, hard…what with tonight and all…but soon!' Hermione had spoken the whole time in a slightly dead, emotionless voice but added the last part overly happy causing both Harry and Ginny's face to show a lot of confusion. `I just wanted to check you were ok, Harry…and now I can see you're ok…well better than ok in fact…' and with that Hermione spun around and practically ran from the room.

Ginny gave Harry a little non playful slap on the arm and spoke with her hands on her hips in that very strict, Molly style, voice of hers `what are you doing Harry Potter?' she ordered the question that let Harry know that no answer was necessary `can't you see how worried she was for you tonight? I know how bad it was for her, she's you're best friend after all. And when she finally gets to see you, you barely say a single word to her!' to say Harry was in shock would be similar to saying that Voldemort only had a little problem with Harry but was basically on good terms. But even with all the shock Harry knew Ginny had a good point, although Harry knew to see if he was ok wasn't the only reason for the visit.

`I'm sorry…' Harry said looking at Ginny.

`You don't need to apologize to me, hun…' Ginny said flirtily before adding `she might not be gone yet, if you run you might catch her…I'll wait here…' she said and gave him a quick kiss before jumping onto the bed. Harry couldn't believe what was happening, Ginny was being so mature and…brilliant. Harry didn't know what was going on but watching her for a second laying on her front, the sight of her long legs in such small shorts was way too distracting for him to be able to think clearly.

Harry pulled his glance away from her and ran towards the door, running full speed through the house as he tried to find Hermione. He stopped first at the kitchen to find it empty and searched through another couple rooms to still find no trace of her. Then an idea hit him and he knew it to be true. He quickly jogged to where he knew she would be, the morning was warm so his jeans and vest were enough to keep him warm. Harry loved these warm autumn mornings more than any others as they brought with them the feeling of the start of a year at Hogwarts, of escaping the summer with the Dursleys. He spotted Hermione where he knew she would be, sitting on the log overlooking the small pond, where they had their first kiss. He approached her slowly realizing that she was too deep in her own thoughts to realize his approach, he stopped just short so as not to scare her with his arrival.

`Hermione?' he said gently as she turned around fast to see who it was, calmness broke into her face as she saw that it was Harry `Um…can I sit down?' Harry asked gently.

Hermione smiled sadly and nodded to tell Harry he could. He made his way over and sat next to her. Moment passed as they just sat there in silence, neither wanting to speak first.

`It's good to see you're safe, Harry. But why did you follow me?' Hermione said, her eyes not leaving the pond.

`Um…to be perfectly honest, Ginny told me too…' Harry said, now was not the time to be lying to Hermione, no matter how well intentioned the lie might be. By her little snorted amusement though Harry quickly regretted not being more economical with the truth just this once. He looked at her and knew that he still had feelings for her, they hadn't left in the last month as he tried to move on. It wasn't Ginny's face he saw in the split second when he thought that he would be dying by Naginis attack, it was Hermione's. After the battle he wanted to run to her and just feel her petite body in his arms, to tell her he was safe and how much he wanted to see if he was right about them, to see if he could change her mind. But her words had rung through his mind, they were just friends and nothing more, he had still liked Ginny and that once he sorted things with her these feelings would disappear. So it wasn't Hermione he had ended up running to, but Ginny. Seeing her here now he didn't know what to do, he had Ginny who he couldn't hurt again waiting for him, and his best friend beside him who he wanted to kiss.

`Hermione… I want to be honest with you, always. Tonight, Me and Ginny…' he started but she interrupted him, turning her eyes to him for the first time.

`Are two of my best friends' she said strictly, like she was daring Harry to challenge that statement `I'm sorry for what I said tonight…it was dumb of me. I was so scared I had lost my best friend that I was just so happy you were ok. I guess I just let my feelings run away…do you forgive me Harry?' she asked sincerely, the whole time her eyes had been locked on Harry and he felt himself practically hypnotized by how much he wanted to kiss the person in front of him.

`Of course I forgive you, but…' he started, but she cut him off instantly.

`Thanks, Harry, I'd better be going. I haven't slept all night' and as she stood up she took a step away and disapparated.

Harry was slightly confused, how do girls do these things? She had ended the conversation properly in about a second just because she had wanted to go. Harry's usual tactic was just to storm of, rather pathetic compared. He got up of the log and started to walk back towards the house, thoughts constantly running through his mind. How had life managed to get so confusing? Every year he was confused about who was trying to kill him and in what elaborate way, now he knew who, and he was following a plan for the entire year. He had thought about this the other day and realized how weird it was to actually know the rough outline of what was going to happen, a rather comforting feeling had spread through him with that. True, the rough outline consisted of numerous battles, while trying to destroy Voldemorts soul, against fully trained Death Eaters, as well as all the other foul creatures Voldemort might have in store for him. And then there was the battle with the most powerful wizard in the world as well still to happen, where Harry would probably die. But Harry was still comforted that he had some sort of rough guide line, usually all these things happened without him having any time to plan. But now he had to add confusion to his life as he tried to work out his feelings for his best friend, who he constantly wanted to be with! Oh, and his feelings for Ginny as well. Harry knew that he could deal with attacks and plots to kill him much easier than his love life…maybe this year was looking harder than he had previously thought.

He found himself already outside Ginny's door and as he went to push the door open he paused, a sense of foreboding going through his body. He took a moment to steel himself and pushed the door open and went in to be with Ginny.

*

The Prime minister had spent all morning in parliament trying to push through a bill, the opposition had spent the whole time trying to delay it. His enemies were now just trying to make life hard for him, to get him to quit, or to make everyone lose confidence in him. Well, everyone pretty much already had, so they should at least of given him this. He needed this bill to be passed, the man had pointed out how necessary it was, how much it would ease his problems and maybe win him another term. The man was starting to become more and more demanding with each visit and the Prime minister always found himself conceding to him. He looked around his room considering if all this was worthwhile. He was constantly bad mouthed by the press, attacked by enemies and friends in parliament and he didn't even have his family to help him forget anymore. But nearly a decade in the job had taught him that there were always ups and downs, this one was just a very long and deep down, there would be other days to celebrate.

`ahh, thinking to yourself as always?' came the voice of the man. However much he had these sudden appearances happen to him he never quite got use to them, and at least the other minister used to warn him of a visit.

`I guess I was…' he said signaling for the man to sit down, which was quickly accepted. The Prime Minister let out a little laugh at how courteous this man could be all the time. `So, what is it today? He asked.

`I see you are having trouble getting that law passed?' he said conversationally.

`With my lack of support nowadays I'd have trouble getting a pay cut for myself approved!' he said bitterly. The man smiled sadly at him adding a small sympathetic smile before speaking.

`It is appalling how peoples… prejudices, can make them so blinkered against what must be done…for the greater good, of course' he added consolingly. The Prime Minister couldn't help but like this man, he was always caring and a good friend to him.

`I'm sorry but I think that bill could take a while to pass…I'm sure I can rally enough support, but it'll take time' he said factly, he didn't enjoy withholding things from this man and always tried his hardest for him.

`Alas, time. Man's greatest enemy' he spoke out loud `but on this instance, it is a luxury we can't afford…'

`There's nothing I can do…trust me if I could do it today I would!' he said, he hated to let him down.

`Try again tomorrow, I'm positive you'll see a definite change in the opposition…' he spoke softly, almost bitterly. He had never seen this side to the man, but he had trusted him since he first met him, so he would once again.

*

Harry was sat outside waiting to be allowed entrance, he knew they were taking there time in order to prove their power but Harry didn't mind them doing this, anything to be out of the house for a couple hours was welcomed by him. Things had got weird at Grimmauld, Hermione was overly friendly and totally avoided that night. In two weeks they hadn't spoken a single word about it even though Harry had found that every word he wanted to speak to her was about it. He had been trying with Ginny, he knew he owed her that much, and although he enjoyed the time he was with her and rarely thought of Hermione, that would all change when she entered the room. When he was with the two of them he would just stare longingly at Hermione, not a single thought would cross his mind about Ginny as they were all too occupied on a certain brown eyed girl. He was amazed Ginny hadn't seemed to notice this, but then again she still hadn't mentioned the night of the attack yet. Harry had even gone to seek answers on this silence at St. Mungos, asking if she could be suffering from amnesia. The answer to this wasn't worth the trip, they didn't even say maybe, just answering that they don't know, although they did tell him they weren't even sure why she woke up which kind of explained their lack of answer. All Harry knew was that if she wasn't talking about it there was no way he was going to bring it up, that was one conversation he was desperate never to have.

`Harry Potter, you can go in now' the secretary said snapping him from his inner monologue, an inner monologue that seemed to be getting a little excessive as he got older. He stood up and walked towards the door pushing them open without pausing as he walked through purposefully. He was sat behind the desk playing with some papers before looking up and faking a look of not expecting Harry. This was badly played Harry thought, he had made this appointment two days ago and he knew that he wouldn't have been forgotten, he was after all the `Great Harry Potter'.

`Harry, it's' so good to see you again!' he said joyously waving him over in a friendly manner to a chair, which Harry took quickly.

`Good to see you as well, Rufus' Harry said confidently to Rufus Scrimgeour.

`So, for what do I owe this pleasure?' he said kindly to Harry, eyeing him intently like he was trying to read his mind and thoughts. Harry knew all to well that the Minister knew why he had come and was just playing with Harry,

`You know why I'm here, Rufus, so if we can drop the charades it'll help things move along quickly, I do have a few rather important things to be getting on with' Harry said politely to Harry, Rufus nodded acceptably at Harry `As to you trying to follow me and all you're reconnaissance on me, it must end. I haven't had the pleasure to meet the new headmaster yet but every single person I knew at Hogwarts has had the pleasure to already. Questioning pupils who are under aged isn't exactly illegal, but the readers of the Prophet may find it a little too immoral for the ministry to be involved in. and as you have realized the following of me hasn't been successful for you, but has created problems for me, so I ask you to cease on that'. Rufus had stared at Harry, lost in thought over what Harry had been saying. Harry knew that he had put him in a tight spot, the Minister hadn't been able to tide Voldemorts rise and if he went to the papers against him, he would be in a very bad situation and would be likely to lose his job. Attacking `the Chosen One' was not a good career move. It was a few moments before he spoke again.

`You're still Dumbledore's man, I see' this threw Harry slightly but he quickly regained and kept his cool allowing Rufus to carry on talking `well, I can personally say that I know nothing of these accusations, but I will look into it and if they are happening they will stop. But I must ask that any news doesn't go to the media, it would be very dangerous for… them, to be informed of anything.' Harry could see he was being truthful and knew it would make his plans easier to do

`There is one more thing I must request. I need open access to the Ministry libraries as well as other information in the Department of Mysteries' a tiny grin spread over the Ministers face, Harry knew why this was and was worried of the consequences, but he knew it had to be done.

`That'll be my pleasure, Harry, you're welcome any time you want to come. I'll have some people show you to anything you need' he said nicely, the grin becoming slightly large on his old face, distorting the smile into something that resembled a sneer.

`I'm sorry but you misunderstand. I won't be here that often, if ever' the Ministers face dropped at this new piece of information `the pass will actually be for Hermione Granger…I can tell by the look on you're face that you know of her and that this'll be acceptable?' Harry asked.

`Yes, that'll definitely be acceptable…' the Minister said, the grin had shrunk but was still slightly evident on his face.

Harry had achieved all that was needed and stood and left without another word making his way quickly to the disapparation zone. He quickly found his way there and disapparated without another thought, the less amount of time he spent out in the open in the Ministry was for the best. With the horrible squeezing sensation that Harry still hated he appeared in the living room of Grimmauld place.

`Hey Harry, you took ages…I was getting a little worried' Hermione said sitting on a chair by the fire looking up at Harry. She was snuggled up on the chair with her book in her lap, the radiance from the fire lighting up her face as she looked at Harry with her beautiful deep brown eyes. Harry couldn't help but feel like his stomach had just flipped as he looked at this beautiful young woman who was his best friend. He forced himself to tear his eyes away from her and made his way to the chair opposite hers by the fire. Sitting down he closed his eyes for a moment, so happy to be back in the safety of his home.

`So, how did it go then?' Hermione asked eagerly looking at Harry. Harry paused for a moment to enjoy the silence for a little longer before speaking again.

`Everything went perfectly.' Harry said opening his eyes again and looking at Hermione, she was just so beautiful in his eyes `you have you're pass, and the following will stop. You're idea of threatening to go to the press worked brilliantly' Hermione smiled and went back to looking at her book. This didn't surprise Harry at all as she often kept her eyes away from him when it wasn't necessary. Harry though wanted to talk to her, he hadn't heard her laugh for so long and he was eager for her to be back in his life properly again.

`So…how are you?' Harry asked, but she didn't look up at him, just answering with her eyes still scanning the page.

`Well you know how it goes…' she said absently, Harry wanted her to look at him so he could look into those eyes. He grabbed the book from her and put it under him as to stop her grabbing it back. She looked at Harry in shock, mouth agape for a few moments before she spoke.

`Give it back!' she ordered strictly, reminding Harry of McGonagall. Harry just shock his head and received a playful punch on the arm `and why not Harry James Potter?'

`Because I need to talk to someone, you don't know how depressing it is to spend an evening in the Ministry with only Rufus Scrimgeour as company!' Hermione smiled and sat up properly to look at Harry.

`Ok then Mr. Potter, you have my full attention now. So what do you want to talk about, because if its Quidditch I'm going to need one of the patented daydream charms Fred and George left here' she said teasingly looking at Harry with a smile playing on her lips.

`Well…I don't know, I just wanted a chat' Harry said uncertainly, he actually wanted to talk about what had been happening between them but didn't think that'd go down so well `…so how are you?'

`I'm good, been a little depressing as I haven't found anything for ages, but with the Ministry pass that should be sorted now' she said thoughtfully looking at Harry `Oh, don't tell Ron, but Victors in town, I'm going to meet him tomorrow' Harry felt his stomach fall out at the thought of Hermione going on a date with Krum.

`Krum? You're going on a date with Krum?' Harry said a little too angrily to look nonchalant as he had hoped.

`Not a date, just as friends, promise!' Hermione said honestly `I've decided to take some time out from boys…' Harry knew she was telling the truth, she wouldn't straight out lie to him about something like this.

`That's probably a good idea…' Harry said thinking fast about Krum when something hit him `Can I see Krum later tomorrow?' Hermione's mouth dropped in shock as she looked at Harry.

`Of course…but why?' she asked confusedly to him.

`Don't worry, I just need to ask him something, I've got to check a few things first then I'll tell you, promise' Harry said earnestly to him, Hermione just nodded and then looked away at the clock.

`Times got away again. I've got to go Harry, I said I'd go round and see Ginny later' Hermione said brightly and stood up to leave, Harry watching her go. Harry couldn't help but constantly realize how good looking she was walking away in her tight jeans. As she reached the door she stopped and spun around, her wand out as she shouted.

`Accio book!'

Harry felt himself get tossed face first onto the floor as the book was pulled instantly from under him. His face was buried into the carpet as he heard Hermione's laugh as she left the room, that beautiful laugh he hadn't heard for so long.

***()____()***

So that's the new chapter, hope you liked it, not much Harry and Hermione which I'm sorry for. Sorry for the late posting, but all my essays are done and handed in now so I have loads of spare time now and postings will be quick and regular from now on, promise.

A LOT of reviews for the last chapter! You guys make me smile, when you review anyway! So you better review again as something a little nasty might be coming you're way if you don't! Be warned!

Here's my thank you to the reviewers, NightsHeart (loving the long review!) Cutie_Claud (love you sooo much!) HPCfan2 (hope you liked it, romance coming soon!) Ruhypo7 (what the hell is you're name?) Lorel (My 100th review!!! You're great!) Remolina (you're quickly becoming my favorite!) YankeeCPA (I bet the reaction wasn't what you thought!) HornetMike (hope you liked it) Babs08 (thanks for noticing OTH thing) Izzieq (poor Hermione!) Djo (you don't review again, something nasty WILL happen! lol) Donnalk (sorry for taking time, dam essays) Poison (good that you got the guts to review!) Potterboy21 (sorry I dint answer you're question in this chapter, it will be answered though…) Ice ace (there are things to overcome, and people may die!) Goddessofrockadpop (still luvin ya!) Hagrid (I like you a lot, you make me laugh) and all the anonymous people (I feel really bad that you don't have names, that would make life a little hard…)

From all you reviewers I want to hear something about you as well as about the chapter! I know its unusual but I can be pretty demanding at times, tell me as much or little as you want, but tell me something about YOU! Or you can ask my advice, like a problem page thing…it'll be fun! This I demand, or BAD things will be happening… LOL. Hope you liked it, next one will be out on Saturday… Till then…


-->