Blood Lust

Gaya Hriive

Rating: NC17
Genres: Romance, Suspense
Relationships: Harry & Hermione
Book: Harry & Hermione, Books 1 - 6
Published: 12/02/2006
Last Updated: 04/05/2006
Status: In Progress

I CHANGED THE TITLE BECAUSE IT WASN'T INTERESTING. SAME STORY...KEEP READING!!! Two updates in one day, man I'm on the ball! Excerpt is from chapter 8 Excerpt: He caressed the sides of her face delicately as they shared a long kiss and Hermione knew that even though it was wrong, it was a right. She needed him, she always had, and now she remembered why. He brought to her a sense of calm and security, which she had never been able to find anywhere else. He loved her, and she felt it in every small kiss that he planted along her jaw and neck. The fact that her skin was cold didn’t seem to bother him as he caressed her neck and back.

1. Chapter One


From the silence came two shadows cloaked in the thick darkness. A man's voice broke the silence, cold and deep.

“The blood moon is approaching Master. What are we to do?”

A woman answered, her voice something old and wise.

“We wait, Kronus, we wait.”

“But your grace, would it not be wise for us to act now, while we are at our strongest?”

The woman chuckled but it was no a kind nor happy sound. It was cold and distant but held a note of unfathomable sadness.

“Oh Kronus, sometimes I forget how young you are. Do you so easily forget that I am always at my strongest? Am I not your master? Am I not the one who sired you into this eternal darkness?”

“My lady, forgive me. I meant no disrespect. I meant only that they would not be expecting us.”

“Not so young Kronus. Remus Lupin is no fool and he is always expecting me. He knows better than to let his guard down. He also knows that I would strike him down with my dying breath.”

“Certainly you would, my lady. You are the strongest of us all. That is why we call you master.”

The shadowed pair continued on until they reached their destination. It was a large stone mansion, old style and castle like in its magnitude and sheer size. The woman pushed through the heavy oak doors as though they were a cloth cover and entered a large and magnificent entrance room.

The elegantly decorated room was flanked on each side by a grand staircase that met at the open, overlooking hallway. The people who had been lounging about quickly rose to their feet as the woman passed through them. Many bowed their heads as she passed, whispering her name some sinking to their knees to kiss the hem of her cloak.

At the top of the stairs stood a man, his hair golden but dulled from the darkness of the mansion. He met the woman as she reached the top. She kissed his cheek and beckoned him to follow her into her study.

“Hermione, my lady, what is your plan of action against these filthy beasts? The time for retribution is upon us.” The man sat in a chair facing the cherry wood desk.

Hermione removed her cloak and hung it over an empty chair. She was a vision of beauty of the darkest kind. Soft brown curls cascaded down her back and in the correct light one could see highlights of the purest red among the dark locks. Her eyes were a cinnamon brown in her human form and were accentuated by long dark lashes. Her skin was as pale as the fullest moon and her body was slender and strong. Lips of the softest pink sheathed her monstrous teeth. She was Hermione, queen of the elite vampires and she was planning her next move in a war much older than she.

Hermione sat down at her desk, locking her fingers together and closing her eyes in thought. The blond man waited silently. He knew better than to rush her. She could easily rip his throat out if she wished to do so. She was magnificent and strong which made her the deadliest of her kind. She opened her eyes slowly and took a breath.

“Caesar, have I ever told you how I became what I am?”

He hesitated, trying to draw on the best answer. Hermione was very private and very rarely shared personal information with the rest of the coven. She was going to place her confidence in him and Caesar did not want to screw it up.

“No, my lady, you've never said. I felt it inappropriate to ask.”

She smiled, showing off her sharp teeth.

“Very well then. I suppose a story is in order. I was a young girl once. Human and all that came along with it. I went to a famous school for witchcraft and wizardry and I was the smartest witch of my age. I was even in love once, to the savior of the magical world. We had hardships, as everyone does, but love overcame all. Or it did until I met Taunis Marconi. Taunis, as you know, was the leader of this coven prior to me. We met when my husband and I were vacationing in Romania. Taunis kidnapped me, turned me, and the brought me here.”

“That is fascinating my lady. May I ask how you came to be the leader of our coven?”

“I killed Taunis. He made a grievous mistake when he made me a vampire. He did not take into consideration that I was a powerful witch already. My enhanced magical ability plus the traits of a vampire make me a deadly foe. Taunis crossed me, made me angry, and so I killed him. I ripped out his heart and then I sucked him dry.”

Caesar sat in silence, stunned by his master's violent past. He knew that she was deadly and not to be crossed but he had never known that she had personally killed the first leader of the European vampire coven. He was shaken from his reverie as Hermione began speaking again.

“And when I killed him, I took over the coven and bettered it.”

“Master, may I ask, how is it that you know Lupin on such a personal level?”

Hermione bowed her head slightly. Memories bombarded her mind as she remembered the days of her youth.

“Remus Lupin, at one time, was like family to me. He was one of my professors at school and then later became a friend. He was like a father substitute for Harry, my husband.”

“So then what happened? We were at peace with the werewolves for a great length of time. How did this war become rekindled?”

“Ah, now that is a story worth telling. After the fall of Voldemort, Lupin faced off with Fenrir Greyback, leader of the werewolves and Lupin's sire. Lupin killed Greyback and then usurped leadership of the pack, much as I did here. He managed to tame the werewolves and made peace with our coven. A few months after I was converted I went home. I needed closure. Instead, Lupin set me up. He betrayed me.”

“Remus what's going on? What are you doing” Hermione was frantic, trying to make sense of what was happening.

“I'm sorry Hermione, I hope that you can understand. You are just too dangerous to live. I cannot allow it. You're the leader of the most powerful vampire coven in the world. And we both know how the blood lust works. You'll kill and you'll enjoy it. There will come a time when you will live only to kill. That can not happen.”

Listening to the words of her old friend, Hermione felt something inside of her snap. She felt herself losing control and fast. Her eyes turned icy white and her teeth elongate, making her a fearsome sight. The Pack backed away, trying to distance themselves from her. She stood and glared at Lupin.

“You have just made a mistake that will cost you your life Remus. Did you think t\killing me would be that easy?”

She laughed maniacally and charged Lupin. She caught him by the chest and the two flew backwards through the air. Lupin hit the ground with a thud and Hermione landed on top of him, pining him down. She leaned in close to his neck and took a long deep breath.

“Mmmm, you're right, killing will be nice. And I'll start with you. I love you Remus, as family, but you have just earned your death sentence.”

As she leaned in to bite him, an incredible pain shot through her chest. She looked down and touched the wooden stake that was protruding from her chest. She looked back at Lupin.

There was a deep sadness in his eyes. It was regret and hurt, love and determination. Hermione blinked, her eyes wide and lowered her voice to a dangerous growl.

“You will die for this. If it takes an eternity I will kill you and your mangy dogs.”

There was a loud crack and all that remained was a large bloodstain on Lupin's coat.

Retelling her past made Hermione tired. She dismissed Caesar and retired to her private suite. She striped down to her underwear and fingered a diamond ring that was dangling from a chain around her neck, and sighed.

“Oh Harry, I wonder what has become of you.”

At the same moment, a hundred miles away, Harry Potter say playing with a white gold wedding band, thinking of his lost Hermione.


-->

2. Chapter 2


Harry Potter's desk at work was nothing more than a very large pile of clutter. There were maps and charts and thousands of useless coordinates that had all lead to dead ends. His quest had been unsuccessful for ten years, that is, until today.

He had searched for her high and low, near and far. Every possible lead was shot down and destroyed. It had all gone far past just finding her; it had become an unhealthy obsession.

Harry was buried in the latest hopeful location when a knock came on his door. He grunted and Ron Weasley entered, bringing with him a stack of files and assorted papers.

“I've got a few more mate, but I don't know what good they'll do you. Maybe its just time to let go Harry.”

Harry looked up over his glasses at his best friend. Hearing those words made him angry. How could Ron want to so easily give up? Especially after all the time and effort they had put into this?

Harry sighed, laying his papers down and ran a hand through his hair.

“I can't just quit Ron. I can't give up on finding her. If it takes the rest of my life, I swear, I will find Hermione.”

Ron sat down in a chair facing Harry's desk and leaned forward.

“I know this is like some weird kind of obsession to you but what if you do find her? Have you ever thought about that? I mean, do you honestly think that she will just come bounding into your arms and shower you with lost kisses? She's not Hermione anymore Harry, at least not the one we knew. She's a vampire, not that that even really matters, but she's not just a vampire, she's the vampire. She's their leader, their Queen. Do you think that she would leave all of that behind?”

“Yes, I do. Look Ron, I love her, ok? It's been ten bloody years and I still love her. Fate meant for us to be together and this is just some wrench in the works but I know that it is meant to have a happy ending. Just let me do this ok? Let me look. That way if I do find her one day, she'll know how much I still love her because I never gave up.”

“You're just working yourself into an early grave Harry.”

“I don't give a damn Ron. If you want out then now is the time. Just remember, she was your best friend too once. I think you owe it to her to help me. So, are you going to stay on or do I need to find someone else to help me dig up resources?”

Ron paused for a moment, a resigned look settling over his face.

“I'll stay on Harry, but I'm telling you, this is all futile.”

**

Hermione woke with a start, wiping sweat from her moist brow. She sat up in bed and lit a cigarette. She's had the dream again, the one where Harry showed up on her doorstep.

She had the dream frequently but it seemed to have become a nightly occurrence recently and it was always exactly the same.

She would be in her study when Kronus would knock on the door and tell her that she had a visitor. At the door would be a tall man, dark hair, dressed in black with his back to her. When she would address him, he would turn and she would cry out, because it was always Harry.

He was so beautiful in her dreams. He no longer wore the old fashioned round spectacles she'd always known him to wear but instead upgraded to a pair of small square ones with black frames. His hair was still dark and unruly but a little longer than she remembered and his eyes, god his eyes, they drew her in to their magnificent depths. They were as green as ever but held that light that only she ever saw. His lips were full and soft and inviting. All she wanted to do was kiss them. And as she would go to embrace him, she always woke up.

She put out the cigarette in a small glass ashtray and got out of bed. She removed from her closet a long black, skirt and a red corset. She dressed quickly, untangling her curls and lacing up her knee high boots. She placed her small dagger in the sheath attached to her boot and let the skirt fall around her ankles, all the while making up her mind.

I can't let this go on. This war is about to reach its pinnacle and Harry could be caught in the middle. Remus may try to use him against me so I must get to him first. I'll just march right in, demand he come with me and that will be that. No, what am I thinking? He's probably married with a thousand screaming kids and a nice boring desk job. Oh well, it doesn't matter.

Hermione tucked one more dagger into the back of her corset and headed out of her room.

The mansion was unusually dark for this hour. It was early dusk, the sun barely hiding below the horizon and there was not a soul in sight, at least, not that Hermione could see.

As she reached the front door, a hand caught hold of her arm and she turned, pouncing violently on her attacker. Her eyes iced over and her teeth grew, ready to strike out in self-defense. When she realized whom she was about to kill, Hermione sat bolt upright and cleared her appearance. She stood gracefully pulling her near victim to his feet.

“Kronus, you really should try to avoid sneaking up on me. I may not always be so quick to see who you are before I attack.”

“I apologize my lady. Please forgive me. I only wanted to ask if you were heading out if I could join you.”

Hermione liked Kronus. She really did, but he was so clingy. He stuck to her like white on rice but she always tried to let it go. All newborns acted that way.

“I'm sorry Kronus, but I have some personal business to attend to this evening. I'll be back in a day, two at the most. Keep an eye on things while I'm gone.”

Kronus bowed, delighted at the opportunity to serve his Queen.

“Yes, my lady. I will keep everything in perfect working order in your absence.”

“Good. I trust you Kronus, you have a good heart.”

He looked at her for one bewildering moment and then with a loud `pop' she was gone.

**

Harry looked at his alarm clock. 3:58 am.

Who the hell is knocking at my door at 4 in the damn morning? He thought as he tumbled out of bed and stumbled to the front door. He was about to say something very ugly as he opened the door but as he did, all he could feel was shock and a complete and utter lack of conscious thought.


-->

3. Chapter 3


Everything Hermione had ever practiced saying to Harry went right out of her mind the second he opened the door. He looked exactly as dream Harry did, right down to the new glasses and longer hair. The only difference was that real Harry wore an expression of disbelief and intense shock.

Harry stared at Hermione with a dumbfounded expression. After all this time and all the searching, here she was, standing on his doorstep as though she had heard the will of his heart to find her. The only other thought that kept running through his mind was how absolutely beautiful she was. She had always been beautiful to him but it seemed as though the power of the undead magnified her beauty from something of reality to something that was clearly otherworldly.

Hermione cleared her throat gently and broke the silence.

“Hello Harry. May I come in?”

He opened the door enough to allow her passage and then closed it and locked the bolt the moment she was inside. He was bound and determined not to let her get away again. Harry led her to the sofa and sat down heavily, patting the seat beside him as indication to sit. She did so gently, barely eliciting a sound from the couch. They sat in silence a few moments longer until Harry finally found his voice.

“Hermione, please tell me that its really you. Tell me Im not dreaming.”

The look on his face suggested he was living a dream come true and Hermione found a small amount of joy in telling him that it was all real.

“I'm no dream Harry. I'm here.”

“But, I've been looking for you for ten years, how is that it was as simple as you apparating onto my doorstep?”

Harry's comment threw Hermione for a loop. She shook her head slightly, almost daring to believe what he had said.

“You were looking for me? For ten years?”

Harry chuckled and it was warm and inviting, not like the sound that Hermione often heard escaping her own cold, dry mouth.

“Of course I looked for you. Did you just think that I was going to forget about you and move on with my life?”

Hermione hung her head ever so slightly, half ashamed and half hopeful.

“Yes. I thought you would have a wife and a ton of children by now. Not to mention I figured you would have a nice normal 9-5 desk job.”

Harry full out laughed this time and Hermione was taken aback.

“No, Hermione. I'm not married and have no children, well to my knowledge anyway. And that nice boring desk job I always dreamed of turned into being the Head of the Auror Division.”

She smiled for only a moment before getting her thoughts back in order. She had wanted nothing more than to see him for the last ten years but now was not the time to reminisce. She had a specific purpose for her visit and the time for its relevance was drawing near.

“Harry, I hate to cut this conversation so short, but there is something very important that I need to discuss with you; it's the reason I'm here.”

Harry shifted slightly on the couch, a worried expression coming over his face. He cleared his throat slightly and nodded for her to continue.

Hermione took a deep breath and looked Harry dead in the eyes.

“What I am about to tell you will no doubt upset and anger you but I feel that it is necessary that I tell you everything that I can in order for you to understand the whole of the situation.

I have to kill Remus.”

The silence that reverberated through the flat was as deafening as though there were a train passing through the living room. Harry sat motionless, waiting for her to continue. He said nothing. How could he; the love of his life just told him she had to kill the only remaining link to his parents. There had to be a logical and reasonable explanation.

“Go on.”

“It all started when I first became a vampire. I came home, to see you. I wanted to make peace and well, I wanted to tell you how much I loved you just in case I never got the chance again. I came here but you were gone and I was waiting when Remus flooed me and asked me to meet him outside of the Shrieking Shack. I went, and I was ambushed. His pack of werewolves surrounded me and was prepared to attack but he stopped them. He told me that he had to kill me because of what I was; because of what I am. I had to defend myself, and we fought. I was going to kill him then, I know that now from looking back. I really wanted to do it. And he tried to kill me. He shoved a wooden stake all the way through my chest but I apparated out before he had the chance to do anything else. But before I left, I swore to him that I would kill him and now the time has come.”

Harry sat in a befuddled mass on the couch. It felt as though his blood had turned to ice and his brain was having a very hard time comprehending what she had just told him. It kicked into over drive as she continued.

“The blood moon is in less than two weeks. That is when I must do it.”

“Why?” Harry asked. His voice was dry and cracked as he spoke the single word. Hermione breathed heavily and rubbed her nose.

“Because the blood moon is almost like a ritual in vampire culture. It comes once a year and it's when all vampires are at their strongest. We are virtually unstoppable as it is but there's something about the Blood Moon that makes us literally impenetrable. Even I, who am already stronger than the rest, become something powerful and unbreakable.”

“Why are you telling me this?”

“Because I am afraid that Remus will try to lure you to his aide with false stories and lies. I…”

“You wanted to get to me first.”

Hermione nodded slightly.

“In a way, you could say that. I need you to stay out of this war Harry. I need you to stay safe and out of the battle. It's not yours to fight and you will be out manned and your strength will be nothing, nothing, to what will clash. This is between Remus and myself and I just need you to know that and stay out of danger.”

Harry stood and turned his back to Hermione as he walked across the wide room. He ran a hand through his hair and removed his glasses, setting them on the coffee table. He stopped and turned back to Hermione.

“Is this the only reason you've come? To tell me of this war?”

Without hesitation Hermione bit back all of her emotions. This was not the time for sweet reunions or heartfelt words. She didn't want to but knew that she had to cut Harry off at the chase.

“Yes.”

Harry laughed bitterly and began pacing once more.

“So the ten years we've been apart hasn't made a damn difference to you? The resources and time that I've spent so ardently to find you mean nothing? Have you forgotten us that quickly? I have dreamed of the day we would meet again and it wasn't like this. You came to me to be with me, to try and make a new life despite the sour hands we've both been dealt. Can you honestly tell me that you feel nothing for me anymore? Stand in my face and tell me you don't love me.”

Hermione flew from the sofa and was standing beneath Harry's nose in the blink of an eye. She wavered slightly as she smelled that scent that was uniquely his. Despite the fact that her brain was telling her to say no, she faltered and let a tiny moan escape her lips.

Harry heard it, had been waiting for it. He seized his chance and grabbed her, kissing her with all his might and praying that she respond.

It happened immediately. As soon as their lips met, Hermione responded with a burst of passion that Harry had never experienced before. They groped one another fiercely, as though it would all disintegrate the moment they separated. They kissed until neither could breathe and then they were still, leaning into one another, breathing heavily.

Hermione moved away from him slightly and turned to leave but Harry caught her face in his hands. He gazed deeply into her eyes as though he was searching for something.

“I know you're still in there. Under all of this hard and cold exterior the woman I love is still alive.”

Hermione choked back a sob and let one tear float down her face. She turned and walked out of the flat, leaving a devastated Harry behind her.


-->

4. Chapter 4


AN: Ok guys, here is ch. 4. Thanks for being patient and thanks to everyone who reviews. I try to reply to everyone but if I forgot or missed you, I'll get it next time around. Enjoy!

Hermione felt the cold night air on her hot face and shuddered. She had apparated to the countryside that she often snuck off to in order to catch a few moments to herself. It was her thinking spot, the one place that she could go to work through everything that clouded her usually clear mind. It was hard for her to be cruel and cold the way she had to be. That kind of behavior was not in her nature but it as necessary to survive.

The others looked up to her. She was their leader and she had responsibilities as such but that did not mean it was easy. The vampires were ruthless and vicious. She had seen them on many occasions kill just for sport. She would partake in their conversations of what it felt like to watch the life of a victim slowly slip away and to know that they held that kind of power. They were killers, indulging in the blood of human beings. If they loved, it was only physical, sex being a favorite past time.

In the coven's presence, Hermione was hard and cold natured but everyone knew that she had a soft spot. They respected her because she rarely let anything deter her from made decisions and her style was elegant and graceful but could strike fear into the bravest of men. Taunis had taught her that. He taught her how to be cruel and have no moral conscious. He had taught her how to kill.

On the bank of the quiet stream, Hermione sat and remembered the first time that she ever took the life of another person.

**

It was a night in late autumn when Taunis took her to Budapest. He took her deep into a run down village to an inn at the center of the ghetto where the whores and drunks wandered the streets eternally. He led her down the alley next to the inn and stopped at the entrance of a dilapidated brothel. She stopped abruptly and turned on him.

“You filthy bastard. You kidnap me, bring me to Budapest and take me to a brothel? If I could, I would kill you where you stand.” Her tone was dripping with disdain and anger but Taunis laughed a humorless laugh and grinned, exposing his teeth.

“You have much to learn Hermione. We feed from brothels on occasion because these fools gorge themselves on drugs,” A gleam came to his eye and his grin widened, “And sex. When you combine blood lust and sex, well, you get the most exquisite combination of pleasure.”

Hermione stood shocked and disgusted and quickly became horrified as a realization hit her.

“I don't know what you are playing at, but I will not, WILL NOT, have sex with you. Ever.”

There was the humorless laugh again and then a pair of hands clamped down on her shoulders. Taunis gently sniffed her neck from base to ear and spoke in a voice more quiet than death.

“Oh, but you will. I did not waste my blood on you so I could have a `friend.' You are mine; bound to me by blood and magic, and you will give me what I want. Or I will take it.”

“You will not get what you want from me without a fight. I never give up and I never give in.”

“We'll see how much of a fight you put up when the time comes. But for now we must feed. You will soon grow weak and I haven't the patience to carry you around. Come, into the Madame's home we shall go.”

Hermione turned away quickly and stopped at the door. Taunis nudged her to enter but she didn't budge. He moved to face her, looking increasingly aggravated.

“Is there a problem? Can you not handle the task of opening a door?”

Her anger rising, Hermione clamped her jaw and closed her eyes to collect her thoughts.

“We have to be invited inside.” Her tone was short and angry but Taunis laughed, his amusement apparent.

“Not here. This is one place where our kind is always welcome.”

He grabbed Hermione by the arm and pushed her through the oak door and into the brothel's entrance room. The sight that befell her eyes made her want to vomit.

Cast all around the room were couches and chairs occupied by half, or whole, naked men and women. Smoke clouded the room as opium pipes were passed from one addict to another. Hermione's breath caught in her throat when she saw the corner of the room and what lay behind the sheer curtain that guarded it.

There was a man, naked, sprawled out on a plush armchair. Atop him was a woman, her long silvery hair covering her back and posterior. The man was moaning through his disoriented state, and the woman laughed as she made a deep incision in his chest with her fingernail. She bent her head down to the wound and drank greedily. Hermione watched as the man's complexion blanched. His moans were soon gone along with the life within him.

Hermione shuddered and shook with fear at the prospect that it was just that simple to kill someone. She was shaken from her thoughts when Taunis poked her gently in the back. She turned halfway, afraid to look at him.

“Through the curtain. It's your turn now.”

Hermione stood frozen to the floor. She did not want to go through that curtain. She did not want to kill, but she had no choice. Either she had to kill or she would die. The fact that it was a survival issue made the task at hand no easier.

She walked slowly to the curtain and stopped. Taking a great big breath, she gently pushed aside the sheer cloth and stepped into the room. Taunis guided her to the left side of the room where several men where passed out. Only one was half coherent.

He was handsome, with dark hair and light brown eyes. His shirt was off and Hermione admired his light complexion.

Taunis moved beside her and she looked at him questioningly.

“I understand that you are new to this so I will guide you through it. But you must do exactly as I say and it will make this a little easier for you. Go to him, don't speak, don't try to befriend him. Concentrate on his aura and feel the artery in his neck. Put your finger on it but only for a moment. This will stop the circulation long enough to increase the blood flow once you break the skin. Then you simply drink.”

Hermione stood stock still as her mind reeled. She knew she couldn't do it, she didn't want to but before she had the chance to try and run, Taunis grabbed her arm and dragged her to the man. She sighed in defeat and closed her eyes.

She smelled his aura and it was like nothing she had ever smelled before. It was thick but not pungent, faint but not quite gone. It pulsed and danced around him, flowing through him with every breath.

Hermione realized that she would not be able to simply take the man's life. She needed a push, a nudge in the right direction. So she did the only thing she could think of: she got angry. She thought about Taunis' actions and words, how she would never see the sun again, and how she was certain that she would never gain hold Harry in her arms.

Her eyes snapped open and she approached the man. She did as Taunis said and put her finger on his carotid artery for about thirty seconds. She released and mustering every ounce of anger in her, she bit down into the soft flesh.

Blood instantly flowed into her mouth and before she could stop herself, she began lapping it up. She sucked hard and made circles on the man's neck with her tongue, nipping and biting at his flesh.

The taste surprised her. It was faintly metallic but had an overbearing essence of vitality. It coursed from the unfortunate man's body into her own and she enjoyed it. She enjoyed the warmth and the tingling sensation that it sent coursing through her entire being. She sucked and sucked until she realized there was nothing left.

She drew back breathless and looked at the sight before her. The man lay completely still, looking peaceful and at ease. Tears came to Hermione's eyes and she fled the brothel, flying at top speed into the countryside outside the village.

**

Hermione cried without reservation as she relived the horrible memory. Her troubled mind wandered to Harry and their encounter in his apartment. He had kissed her, fiercely, and with passion that had only ever been reserved for her. Memories of their life together through friendship and their short marriage, plagued her on the bank of the stream and she let herself go completely. She cried for everything. Her plague as a vampire, her lost hopes and dreams, but most of all she cried for Harry and the love for her that he had held onto for ten years.


-->

5. Chapter 5


AN: Sorry this update took so long guys, but I have been swamped with school and work…plus I've had a little bit of writer's block. So, here is chapter five and I hope you all enjoy. Please R&R….it helps me decide what you like and don't like as far as where this is going to go.

*

Harry sat on his sofa, head in hands. His mind was racing with the details of his encounter with Hermione. For the moment he pushed the specifics of their conversation from his mind and focused only on the fact that he had seen her, finally, after all these years. If she could find him, then surely he could find her. And that's what he was going to do.

He launched himself from the couch, threw on a pair of jeans and a tee shirt, and apparated to the alley where the Ministry entrance was located. He crammed himself into the rickety phone booth, entered the numbers 6 2 4 4 2, and waited was the booth began to descend.

The main atrium of the Ministry was bustling and packed with early birds starting their day with coffee and scones. Harry searched the crowd for an opening, all the while his mind racing with ways to find Hermione. Fighting his way through the thick crowd, he was halfway to the lift when he ran smack into Ron. They both hit the ground with a thud and sat dazedly staring at one another for a brief second. Harry stood hurriedly and helped an irate Ron to his feet. Ron brushed himself off and glared at Harry.

“What the hell, Harry!”

“Ron, come to my office. Now.”

Ron looked as though he were going to speak but Harry headed toward the lift and he followed.

“What's going on Harry? I'm swamped and I really don't have time for this-“

Harry rounded on him a desperate look in his eyes.

“Just-wait-wait until we are in my office.”

“Harry, I have four bloody reports to review by lunch alone. I don't have time for a friendly chat. Just tell me what's up.”

Harry grunted in aggravation and gave Ron a most menacing glare.

“I said wait. I assure you that it is important but just hold on.”

The lift opened and the two men exited and made a beeline for Harry's office. Once they were inside, Harry locked the door and enabled a silencing charm to protect their privacy. He sat down at his desk and Ron took a chair in front of him.

“Hermione came to my flat.” Harry said without preamble.

Ron sat silently, not expecting the important news to have anything to do with his missing friend. He waited patiently for more information but Harry only gazed at him intently.

“Ok, so it's been ten years and she just pops in for a chat and tea? What did she say Harry? I'm not a bloody mind reader. We failed Divination remember?”

Harry lowered his head slightly and took a breath.

“She said that there is going to be a battle, the night of the blood moon. It's going to be between the vampires and…Remus' clan.”

Ron sat still once more, contemplating the right questions to ask.

“Well, did she happen to say why this battle is going to occur?”

Harry sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose in thought.

“Something like Remus tried to kill her right after…well when she came back to say goodbye to me. Only, I never knew she had come back because he basically ambushed her. Look Ron, the blood moon makes the vampires incredibly strong-more than they already are. She warned me to…to stay out of it. She said it was her battle and that have to stay out of it because she doesn't want me to get killed, basically. But how am I supposed to do that Ron? I still love her. I'll always love her.”

Harry laid his head in his hands and both men sat in silent thought. Ron broke the silence gently, being very careful in choosing his words.

“Harry, what exactly happened that night? How did it happen that she was…taken?”

Harry sighed once more and leaned back in his chair.

“When we arrived in Romania we stayed in a quaint villa in one of the better villages. Our first night there we met a man named Taunis Marconi and he offered to be our guide. We spent a weeks worth of nights in his company. In hindsight, I regret that I didn't find his daytime absences peculiar sooner.

On our last evening there, he offered to take us out for dinner and drinks so Hermione and I went back to our room to get cleaned up and changed. When I got out of the shower she was gone. The window was open and there was a note on the bedside table.”

Harry reached down and unlocked the last drawer in his desk and removed a worn piece of parchment. He looked at it longingly for a moment before handing it to Ron.

Ron unfolded the parchment and recognized the tidy scrawl immediately.

Dear Harry,

I am afraid that our journey has now come to an end. Taunis has made me an offer which I cannot refuse- immortality. We have gone, he and I, to begin a life of a thousand nights together. I will not return to you for I belong to him now. Farewell Harry.

Ron noticed that there were water stains on the paper that could have only come from tears. He read and reread the note, trying to make sense of it but he could only determine one obvious fact. He folded it back up and handed it back to Harry.

“Well, it's apparent that she was kidnapped, just as you said. So what are you going to do?”

“I'm going to find her. She found me so I shouldn't have that much trouble finding her, now that I've made contact with her. I can trace her magical element to its source.”

Ron sighed and leaned forward.

“Harry, maybe you should do as she asked and stay out of this. I think it's time to just live and let live.”

Harry stood quickly, anger apparent in his tired face.

“No! Ron, she- she kissed me. We kissed and it was still there. That spark that we once had was still alive. She may be a vampire but Ron, she's still alive. My Hermione is still in there somewhere. I know it. I felt it.”

Ron stood and straightened his suit jacket.

“Alright then. What can I do to help you?”


-->

6. Chapter 6


AN: Thanks so much for all the reviews guys! It really makes me happy to log in and see that I am getting such an awesome response to this! Here is Chapter six and I've already begun on Chapter 7 and I'll try and have it posted soon but I'm wrapping up school so the next 5 weeks are going to be very busy and stressful for me. But please R&R, I love it! Onward!

Hermione loved the night. She did miss the sun and the way that its light would reflect off of her natural surroundings but the night held many mysteries and an allure that she never grew tired of. Most times she loved the freedom the night gave her to delve into its mysteries and she reveled in the feelings of openness she often felt. But tonight the only thing she felt was the hunger roaring within her weakening body.

As was habit, she only fed every few days or so and feeding time was once more upon her. A small town rested beside the stream that she frequented and so it often offered to her a victim who, through her powerful charm and luring smile, would willingly present the red sustenance that her ailing body needed to survive. Hermione made her way carefully into town and decided to scout out the pub in the town square that was so ironically named “the Red Dragon.” She always laughed at the sign because she referred to her blood-lusting hunger by the same name.

She opened the pub's door and was hit with a wave of raucous noise and a smell of alcohol so strong if it could have, it would have turned her stomach. She entered the pub cautiously, keeping an eye open for anyone she could steal away; someone who would not be noticed as missing. Her victims could not be just anyone. Oh no, they had to be nobodies, nothing more than another drunken face in a drunken pub.

Hermione took a table in the back and ordered a glass of wine even though it was only for effect. She sat for a while toying with the dirty glass and made a conscious effort to release her `scent', as Taunis had called it, into the tavern. It wasn't long before a young man stumbled his way to her table wearing a slightly cock eyed expression and an intoxicated grin. He was handsome, in a rough sort of way. His hair was long and a straw colored blonde and his eyes were a deep blue. Hermione appraised him carefully as he sat down clumsily, sloshing his beer all over the table.

“Now what is a lovely lady like yourself doing in a place like this?” he asked in a husky voice.

Hermione could smell the alcohol on his breath and it repulsed her, but she smiled none the less.

“Oh, I'm just looking for a friend.” She said smoothly.

The man placed his elbows on the table and leaned in towards Hermione.

“Well maybe I can help you with that. I love making new friends. My name is Barthus. And you are?”

Hermione grinned seductively and leaned forward just a little.

“Hermione.” She let her name roll off of her tongue sending with it an entrancing look that would ensure that Barthus' attention did not wander. Barthus breathed in deeply as though her name was an exotic perfume that he had never smelled before. Hermione took the opportunity and went quickly into his mind creating a sort of haze that would allow her to keep him in a trance like state. She leaned in a little more and dropped her voice to a barely audible whisper.

“Now Barthus, you have made a friend indeed. I would like you to please stand and escort me inconspicuously outside to the back alley of this pub.”

Barthus stood and faced straight ahead as Hermione stood also and gently took the arm that he extended to her. They made their way nonchalantly out the rear entrance of the pub and stopped a few feet into the alley. Hermione turned and walked a few more feet to a shadowed corner where prying eyes could not watch her. Barthus followed and stopped right in front of her. Hermione put her hands on his shoulders and released her mental grip just enough so that he didn't look so confused.

“Barthus, I am sure that you are a…charming…man, but like you, I must eat. I am truly sorry for this.”

She moved his neck to a tilt and sunk her elongated teeth gently into his flesh. His blood poured freely into her mouth and as she felt her strength growing, she also felt his lessening. It was only a matter of moments before Barthus' body hung limp in her powerful arms and she felt his heart slow to a stop. Hermione carried his flaccid body to the wall beside the door and placed it gently against the cold brick building.

“Goodnight sweet Barthus.”

With renewed strength, Hermione tightened her cloak around her body and entered the dark street unnoticed.

~*~

The memo that Harry had hurriedly constructed and sent to Mad-Eye Moody was short and to the point.

Moody,

Go to my flat and pull any foreign magical element. Take it to the lab and run a trace. ASAP.

Potter

An hour later Moody stormed into Harry's office wearing a mixed expression of irritation and trepidation. He threw a thin file onto Harry's desk and plopped down into the seat next to Ron.

“Ran your trace Potter. I think what you'll see in that file will interest you.”

Harry opened the dark brown folder and was instantly pleased with the information it contained. In the file was a wizard photo of a rather large mansion and a very old school photo of Hermione. Harry reckoned it was taken during her seventh year. She looked so young and happy. Coming back to reality, Harry laid the folder on his desk and addressed Moody.

“There's no address her. Were you able to get a pinpoint of the exact location of the house?”

Moody adjusted his heavy coat and leaned back in the chair.

“We're still working on that. We were able to locate the mansion itself when we ran the trace because Hermione's magical element had the strongest match in that location. But the place is unplottable so we are hacking into the concealment charm as we speak.”

“Excellent. I appreciate the favor and on such short notice. You've been a huge help.”

“Potter, I understand that there have been developments in Hermione's case but what do you plan to do?”

“That I haven't quite decided yet. This is a personal mission so I won't need a backup team but I have to go.”

Moody appraised Harry for a moment and then spoke firmly.

“Potter, you're smart. Don't let this thing consume you or the worst will happen. You've never dealt with vampires before so take care. Regardless of anything else, Hermione is a vampire now and she's had a lot of time to hone her powers. Whether you agree or not, she is still dangerous and very deadly if crossed. If you anger her, I fear the consequences.”

Harry absorbed Moody's words and tried to hold his anger back.

He doesn't understand. It doesn't matter if she's a vampire or not. Hermione won't hurt me.

Finishing his thought, Harry clasped his hands together on his desk and looked over his glasses at Moody and Ron.

“Right. I need to see Remus first and foremost. Where can I find him?”


-->

7. Chapter 7


AN: Thanks for waiting for this chapter. I apologize to you all for it taking so long, but Ive had a lot going on in RL and I was just now able to finish. So, r&r, enjoy, and in chapter 8 there will be NC17 stuff…..you have my word! ONWARD!!!

Chapter Seven

Hermione arrived back at the mansion just before dawn and her way up to her private suite uninterrupted. She went straight to the French style double doors that led to her balcony and locked them tightly and drew the shades down to the floor. She then cast an Impervious charm to ensure that no creeping light could sneak into her room while she was sleeping. Sighing, she removed her clothing and dawned an old Gryffindor tee shirt. It was Harry's shirt actually; she had been wearing it the night Taunis forced her to leave with him. She didn't really know why she kept the shirt but it was probably for the same reason that she still had her wedding band set. Sentimental value.

Harry had proposed to Hermione with his mother's engagement ring and she would never dream of getting rid of it. Instead, it was tucked away in a small velvet box hidden in the back of her underwear drawer. Hermione found that holding onto special items from her past helped her feel more…human. Her moments of humanity had to always be in private because if her coven was to see them, she would be coined weak and a coup would erupt leaving only death and destruction.

Hermione pulled back her covers, fluffed the pillow and got into her warm bed. She laughed a loud as she recalled her newborn fixation with the idea of having to sleep in a coffin. When Taunis had told her that coffins were part of an outdated, archaic ritual, she had been relieved that she would at least be able to continue sleeping in a bed. Hermione settled comfortably and smiled as she felt her eyelids growing heavy. It seemed that she was never really tired until the sun began to rise. She sighed and drifted off into a deep, coma like sleep.

*~*

Harry clutched a small bit of parchment in his hand. Moody had been hesitant to give him directions to Remus' location, but somehow Harry had been able to talk him into it. Ron had to get back to his reports and so Harry was left to confront Remus alone. The address Harry held crumpled in his hand was to an old abandoned factory in the old English industrial countryside. Harry stopped outside of the dilapidated entrance and drew a shaky breath. He squared his shoulders and knocked twice on the right side of the door. After a few moments of silence, a scruffy voice answered.

“Oo is it?”

Harry cleared his throat and took a step closer to the door.

“My name is Harry Potter and I am here to see Remus Lupin. It is an emergency.”

There was silence once more and then Harry jumped as the heavy door creaked open. He pushed it forward and walked into the decaying building. The door slammed closed behind him and Harry stood in an enormous labor room. There were bits of broken machines strewn about the dust-covered floor. The high windows were mostly broken with rotting beams of wood covering the gaping holes of glassless steel. There was a large metal balcony that overlooked the room; it had several doors that Harry supposed led to different parts of the factory beyond.

Harry heard shuffling footsteps to his right and turned apprehensively. Approaching him was a short, stalky man with waist length, dirty red hair. As he drew closer, Harry noticed that the man had deep scars scattered about his face and neck. He was missing three fingers on his left hand and two on his right. The man reached Harry and stopped about three feet away. The two men observed each other quietly and then the stranger spoke in his low, gruff voice.

“So you're `Arry Potter then?”

Harry nodded and the man gave a low grunt.

“Well, I'm `Orace Daplin. I'm Remus' second in command. `E's been expectin you fer sometime now. Follow me, and whatever ya do, make no quick movements. Yer not in the wizarding world anymore. Yer in the den of the Wolves.”

Harry followed Horace out of the labor room through a hallway to the right. The hall was dimly lit and they passed by several doors on either side. Halfway down, a demented looking man stuck his head out of a door and sniffed the air greedily. Harry gained a little more ground on Horace but still stayed a comfortable distance away.

The hall forked and the duo took a sharp left and the hall disintegrated into an old cavern. Soon they were headed down a rough stone staircase. The narrow passage emptied into a catacomb and Harry found himself growing uneasy. After taking another passage to the right and walking for what seemed like miles, Horace finally stopped. Harry almost collided with the little man and looked up to see one solitary door in the middle of the stone wall. Horace turned and eyed Harry.

“Well, `ere ya are. Knock once, `e'll know it's you.”

With that, Horace turned and disappeared down one of the passageways to the left. Harry stood in front of the door for a moment then gathering all his courage, knocked once. The door opened inward and Harry took a hesitant step into the room.

It was a small, windowless opening. In the middle laid a thin mat made of straw and in the corner sat an old writing desk. Harry was jerked from his thoughts as a familiar voice spoke from the other darkened corner.

“It's not much, but I get by.”

Remus Lupin stepped out from the shadows and Harry met him halfway in an embrace. Remus held him out at arms length, giving him a once over.

“You look good Harry. So much like your father. But I suppose that's old news by now.”

Harry chuckled politely and stepped back to look at his old mentor. Lupin looked much the same as he always had, only grayer and shabbier than he had ever been.

“I've been expecting you for a while now. I'm surprised that it took this long for you to find me.” Lupin said as he conjured two chairs. He motioned for Harry to take a seat and they positioned themselves across from one another.

“Remus, I wish I were here for a friendly visit and a catch up, but I need information.”

Remus nodded and Harry continued.

“I need to know why you tried to kill Hermione and what is this impending war between the vampires and werewolves really about?”

Remus sat thoughtfully for a moment and folded his hands in his lap.

“Well, I'm afraid that it's all terribly complicated Harry. But I shall tell you as much as I know. But first I need for you to tell me what you know.”

“Hermione came to my house. I've spent the better part of the last ten years trying to find her and she just, poof, showed up. She told me that she tried to come see me shortly after she was taken but you attacked and tried to kill her.”

Remus sighed heavily and rubbed his tired eyes.

“Harry, I am going to take this opportunity to share with you knowledge that very few have ever been privy to. I cannot start at the beginning because that story is far too old for my memory to recall. The knowledge I do have came to me when I assumed leadership of the clan after Voldemort fell.

Taunis Marconi still stood as the leader of the vampire coven and he and I were in constant battle. He waned to be a beast master, the overlord of the vampires and the werewolves. He felt that his superiority entitled him to rule over both clans. He was determined to thin our numbers until I conceded but I would not, under and circumstances. If I did, it would mean the enslavement of all werewolves and the death of many. But he would not relent.

His whole plan came to a climax when he took Hermione. With her incredible power plus the abilities of a vampire, she would be virtually indestructible. He planned to train her to be a killing machine. It was his hope that he could re-wire her, as it were, to do his bidding. He wanted to make her his mind slave. When I intercepted her that night she returned, I saw Taunis' work was already in progress. She was ruthless, attacking several of my counterparts. She was utterly consumed by the blood lust and when she said she wanted to see you, I panicked. For all I knew, Taunis had convinced her to suck you dry.

You must understand Harry, that vampirism is very much different from lycanthropy. Once a person becomes a vampire, he or she is always a vampire. There is no potion, no spell that can reverse it or contain its side effects. Control over the blood lust and raging strength comes from within the vampire's mind and if they choose not to harness themselves, then the effects can be catastrophic.

I tried to kill Hermione because I know what she is capable of. She killed Taunis for god sake, a feat that no human or vampire had been capable of accomplishing for more than two thousand years. So, we will have our war, and I will destroy her. Not because I want to, but because it is what must be done.”

Harry sat consumed in total silence, his mind racing. He collected his thoughts roughly and looked Remus in the eye.

“A part of her is still alive Remus. When she came to my flat, she -kissed me. I felt it, that essence that was hers. I know that she can be saved. I feel it in my heart.”

Remus shook his shaggy head and sighed.

“No Harry, what you have is a fool's hope of rescuing his true love from the monster's grip. But your true love is the monster. You are way out of league here. Please, don't interfere. You will only get yourself killed. Because if it comes down to you or Hermione, she will kill you without a second's hesitation. It's her nature now.”

Harry stood and went to the door and stopped with an outstretched hand on the knob. He looked back at Remus.

“That's not true. I know that it isn't. I have to do what I feel needs to be done.”

Remus stood also and squared his shoulders.

“And I have to do what I know needs to be done.”

Harry nodded curtly and left the lair, not once looking back.


-->

8. Chapter 8


AN: Alrighty kids, the quickest update in history MUAW!!! things are gonna heat up in this chapter. It's basically just a smutty bit with a little plot woven in. Hope you enjoy. Don't forget to leave me reviews, I love them! ONWARD!

Chapter Eight

Hermione woke just as the sun was fading into the colorful sky. She felt rejuvenated and calm, prepared for whatever the night may bring her. She rose slowly, stretching out the kinks of sleep, and yawned widely, her long teeth glistening in the precious darkness. She left the bed, gathered a towel and some clothing and took a long and relaxing shower.

As she let her thoughts run free under the hot water, her mind kept bringing her back to Harry. She had enjoyed seeing him and could not shake the kiss that they had shared from her mind. He hadn't changed much over the long years. Still handsome and he still held a power over her that she refused to admit was love. She could not love. At least that is what she told herself every time his face rushed across her mind. That part of her life was over. But still, she wanted to talk to him again. She simply wanted to be in his presence even though she had to admit that that particular desire was a weakness; she could not afford to be weak. But against her better judgment, she decided to visit Harry once more, if for nothing more than a friendly chat.

Hermione turned the water off, toweled off quickly and threw on a pair of black slacks and a white button down shirt. She strapped her faithful knife to the inside of her right calf and tied up her favorite knee high boots. Vampire or not, she still liked to look nice. She grabbed her cloak and fastened it around her neck. There were a few members of her coven sitting in the drawing room as she passed through the mansion, but they were engrossed in conversation and she left unnoticed.

The night air was cool but not uncomfortable and Hermione made her way down the twisting lane to the apparition point. With a pop, she envisioned Harry's building and reappeared there instantly. She had no idea what time it was, but she hoped that he was still awake as she knocked twice on his door.

It took a few moments but he finally answered the door. The expression on his face was priceless. He was obviously glad to see her but shocked at the same time. He opened the door wide for her to enter and stepped out of the way.

“Well, ten years of nothing and suddenly two visits in 48 hours? I must be a lucky guy.”

His smile was genuine and it warmed Hermione's heart a little. She stepped into the flat and hung her cloak on the hook next to the door.

Harry closed the door behind her and motioned to the couch. Once they were both settled, Harry summoned two cups of tea and some lemon. He offered Hermione a cup and she couldn't help but smile. Realizing his error, Harry blushed slightly and set the extra cup on the coffee table.

“Sorry…I forgot.”

Hermione laughed politely and patted his hand.

“It's ok. Tea just doesn't taste the same to me anymore. Shame really, I used to love it.”

There was an uncomfortable silence and Harry couldn't help but look Hermione over properly. She was beautiful, to say the least. She looked exactly the same as the last time he saw her only it was like looking at her through a dark light. She radiated a power and sort of majesty that he had never felt before.

“Sorry to drop by like this but…I haven't been able to get you out of my head. And I wanted to talk.”

Harry took a sip of tea and felt his heart jump a little.

“Sure, I was just reading the Prophet. What did you want to talk about?”

His heart skipped a few beats and he felt his hands getting sweaty. He really wasn't sure what she wanted to say, but whatever it was, he was ready to listen.

“I…I've done a lot of things Harry. I've become something that I hate and others fear and I feel like I have no sense of who I am. Am I Hermione or am I the Vampire Queen? Am I good or am I evil? It's all so complicated. But the one thing that I do know is that I have never been able to let go of you. I dream about you, and think about you. I should want to kill you, to hurt you, but I have the exact opposite feelings. I wish I had been stronger and that I had fought Taunis. Please believe me that I never wanted this. I am an abhorrence, a creature. I'm not even human any more.”

Harry placed a hand on her knee and she twitched at his touch. She hadn't felt this human in years and it was Harry that kept her humanity alive.

“Hermione, I have suffered a great deal these last ten years knowing that you were out there somewhere but not being able to get to you. I told you the day that I married you that I would be yours come hell or high water, richer or poorer, sickness and health…till death do us part. Even though the last part has come in an odd circumstance, nothing has changed.”

Hermione felt a trickle run from the corner of her eye down her face. She knew it was blood, because she could no longer cry real tears, but Harry wiped it away nonetheless.

“Harry, it's like I lead two lives. On the outside I am ruthless and horrible when I have to be but inside, inside I still feel that trace of what love is, what it was to me. You keep that alive in me. You keep that little part of human nature vibrant within me. I…I have to kill Harry. I have to take the lives of innocent people and it rips my heart out every time. And then there's the blood lust. I can control it but I am desperately scared of the Blood Moon. I know that I will be beyond myself when it comes and I am afraid of what I will do. I don't want to kill Remus, I really don't, but he will not rest until he kills me. He's right in being afraid of me, I'm afraid of myself.

When I lose control, it's horrible. I become a monster with not a shred of humanity in me. And I am scared that it will consume me and drive out what little of me remains. I have to fight, because if I don't then I will die. And I have to be strong and lead my coven because if I don't then they will turn against me. I must be ruthless and fearless and animalistic. So how can you still love me?”

“Like this.”

He captured her lips with his gently, taking in the way that she tasted. It was definitely different than what he remembered but it was still her. He slid his tongue along her bottom lip and after a moment of hesitation, she finally permitted him entrance. He caressed the sides of her face delicately as they shared a long kiss and Hermione knew that even though it was wrong, it was a right. She needed him, she always had, and now she remembered why.

He brought to her a sense of calm and security, which she had never been able to find anywhere else. He loved her, and she felt it in every small kiss that he planted along her jaw and neck. The fact that her skin was cold didn't seem to bother him as he caressed her neck and back.

She moved to rest on his lap and deepened the kiss. Without breaking apart, Hermione unbuttoned her shirt and Harry pushed it away, running his hands up and down her arms. The stopped to breathe and Hermione lifted Harry's shirt above his head and tossed it across the room. They sat silently staring at one another. Hermione was sure that her eyes had changed because she could see them reflected in the deep green of Harry's. He looked at her with an expression of awe and wonder; like he'd never seen anything so beautiful in his life.

Breaking their gaze, Hermione lifted herself onto her feet and untied her boots then removed her slacks to join their shirts across the room. She stood in nothing more than her underwear and her sheathed knife, and even that left her body. Harry sat mesmerized by the sight of her pale body. She took a step forward and caught his gaze.

“If you don't want me, if you've changed your mind, then now is the time to tell me.” She hung her head, almost in shame but Harry had moved in front of her and held her chin in his hand.

“I will never change my mind. It doesn't matter what you are or what you do. You've always been mine and you always will be.”

Hermione opened her mouth to reply that it did matter, but she didn't get the chance. Harry claimed her lips once more and pushed all reason out of her mind. She jumped and wrapped her legs effortlessly around him and put her arms securely around his neck as he carried her to his bedroom.

He kicked the door open with one foot and laid her gently on the bed, his body completely covering hers. With a wave of his hand Harry banished the rest of their clothing from their bodies. Hermione thought briefly that she hadn't had sex in a while so perhaps she had forgotten what to do, but it was quickly washed from her mind as Harry slipped gently into her.

Hermione let out a guttural moan and arched herself into Harry. He was holding her underneath her shoulders and in that position she found that she could change the angle at any time. Harry began to move his hips and she met him with every slow thrust. He felt like heaven inside her and she kissed him harder.

The pace began to quicken but remained calm as Hermione rocked her body against Harry's. She couldn't tell where she ended and he began and it was the best feeling in the world. She forgot about the things she'd done and would have to do and thought only of Harry, filling her, protecting her.

Hermione rolled Harry over so that he was on his back and assumed the position on top of him. She wanted to see his face, his eyes as they made love. She rocked gently to and fro and their eyes never broke contact. She laid one hand on his chest and he took the other in his own and she leaned down to be closer to him. Her lips brushed his gently and the feel of his warm skin under hers was almost more than she could take.

Feeling that tell tale tingle building at the base of her stomach, Hermione picked up the pace once more and Harry met her with every stroke. He gritted his teeth and she knew that he was about to reach his peak and he tried to move away but she planted all of her weight down on top of him.

“No…no…don't pull out.” She whispered roughly.

Harry gave a quick nod and closed his eyes as his orgasm swept over him. Hermione threw her head back and groaned loudly as her walls clenched and she felt warmth spreading down and around her. She collapsed forward and kissed Harry gently and he caught her in his arms and turned them to their sides. He held her as they both basked in the afterglow, neither saying a word.

They would stay in each others' arms for now, and deal with the consequences later.


-->