HULK

Classic Cowboy

Rating: R
Genres: Romance, Action & Adventure
Relationships: Harry & Hermione
Book: Harry & Hermione, Books 1 - 5
Published: 20/06/2003
Last Updated: 05/06/2004
Status: In Progress

(HP/Hulk crossover) in Harry's sixth year potions class, Neville makes a terrible mistake with his and Harry's potion, and something is created. but the question is, is this 'Hulk' a hero or a monster? (Rated for violence, language, and adult content)(CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR OOTP!!!)

1. Changes

HULK

Chapter 1: Changes

“SIRIUS!!!!” Harry cried setting up in his bed.

“Harry, Harry, are you alright, mate?” Ron asked worriedly at Harry’s side.

Harry had stayed the summer at the Dursley’s a total of three weeks before the Weasleys had come and brought him to the safety of the Burrow.

“I’m fine,” Harry snapped, before shaking the sleepiness from his head, “I’m sorry, I’m alright, Ron, just nightmare.”

“Harry, you’ve had a nightmare almost every night for the last two and a half months,” Ron sighed, “its not healthy, mate.”

“Maybe I’ll be alright once I get back to Hogwarts tomorrow and get some other things to think about then … you know …” Harry said rubbing his eyes.

“Right, so you better get some sleep then,” Ron said shoving him back down, “As a Prefect, I must order you to sleep so you can be conscious on the Hogwarts Express.

“Ok, you win,” Harry smiled lightly at his best friend, as he climbed back into his own bed.

“I always do,” Ron yawned, “See you in the morning, Harry …” He sighed already half asleep.

Harry lay back down, and the thoughts and memories began to return, as well as strange indescribable fear … anger … hate … all of it screaming for release, but Harry, as always, forced it back down.

--

“Well here we go again,” Harry said as he passed through the barrier of platform 9 ¾.

“Yup,” Ron said following him, “But Harry, look on the bright side. It can’t be worse then last year, right?”

“Nothing can be as-“ Harry started but was silenced by something diving into him, almost knocking him down.

“Help me, Harry, you have to help me!” Colin begged gripping Harry tight, “They’re mad I tell you, MAD!”

“Calm down, Colin,” Harry said as he and Ron pried him off, “What’s the matter?”

“Oh Colin, a few words, if you please …” came Hermione’s voice ahead of them.

“Oh Merlin, there they are …”

Harry looked up to see his other best friend Hermione Granger, and his other friend Luna Lovegood, both looking very angry with the young photographer.

“Hand him over, Harry,” Hermione growled, glaring at Colin angrily.

“Ok what happened? What did you do, Colin?” Ron asked standing between the girls and the boy.

“It wasn’t my fault, honest!” Colin said panicky, “I bought a new instant camera from Fred and George’s new store in Diagon Ally. It was very inexpensive so I couldn’t pass it up …” he then pulled out a photograph and handed it quickly to Ron and Harry, despite the loud protests by Hermione and Luna.

“Wow,” Harry said with a whistle, looking at the picture.

“Harry!” Hermione gasped, turning scarlet.

“What is it, Harry?” asked Ron, as he quickly ran to Harry’s side, “Holy Merlin, Hermione … and you too Luna … wow!”

The Photograph was of Hermione and Luna, but the camera when taking the picture removed all clothing that was being worn.

“HARRY! RON!!” Hermione shrieked, jerking the picture away, and tearing it to pieces, “Harry! I … I thought you would be better then that! And you Ronald Weasley you are a PREFECT for goodness sake!”

“Hey now, I am not a Prefect until we get on the train,” Ron protested, “Until then I can be as unruly and immature as I so desire!”

“Would it help if I think it’s a very cute picture, Hermione?” Harry said with a blush trying desperately to save himself from this nightmarish situation.

“Cute? YOU FIND PORNAGRAPHIC FILTH CUTE????” Hermione cried, her eyes wider then even Luna’s.

“Now, now calm down, Hermione,” Harry said calmly, though his mind screamed run onto the train, find a compartment, lock the door and do not come out until you are safely at Hogwarts, “You know in some countries pictures like this are considered artwork?” He then looked to the side, “Isn’t that right, Ron? Ron? Oh … I guess … he went to find a good seat … oh dear …”

“Thanks for the help, Harry,” said Colin from the steps of the train, “See you on board … if you live!”

“Oh no problem, Colin, no problem at all …” Harry waved, before slowly starting to walk toward the train as well.

“Um, where do you think you are going, Harry?” came Luna’s venomous voice.

“Uh, on board the train, of course,” Harry said, with a loud gulp turning to see a pair of death glares. “Umm … Heehee, is it too late to say sorry?”

“Don’t worry, Harry,” Luna said as the girls closed in on him.

“You’ll get on the train in plenty of time,” Hermione continued for her, “As soon as we have a little talk, just the three of us.”

“Ya know … it’s great to see you two getting along,” Harry whimpered, back stepping fearfully, “I remember last year you two didn’t care for each other much … help …”

--

“Well how was it, mate?” Ron asked, as Harry walked toward him in the walkway of the Hogwarts Express.

“If you say it wasn’t bad, I will hex you beyond believe, Harry,” Hermione said with a smirk, as she walked around behind him.

“Hello, Ronald,” Luna chirped happily.

“Hey Luna …” Ron said a bit timidly back stepping from both her and Hermione.

“Don’t worry, Ron,” said Hermione, leaning against the railing of the train, “Harry was nice enough to let us let our complaints go on him.”

“Isn’t he generous and selfless,” said Luna, pinching Harry’s cheek. “Well, I’m off to my compartment,” she said cheerfully skipping farther into the walkway, “See you, at the school, Ronald.”

The three watched her go, Ron shook his head. “She just gets stranger and stranger …” he sighed.

“She isn’t that bad, Ron,” Harry said smiling, “Besides, I think she fancies you.”

Ron blushed scarlet and was about to retort when Hermione stepped between them. “Well, Ron, we best go do our Prefect thing,” She then turned to Harry and caught a glimmer of sadness in his eyes. “Harry will you be alright? I’m sure Ginny, Neville and the others are around here somewhere. Please tell me you’re not upset with us, Harry,” Hermione almost begged, remembering his bitterness from the previous year, and Harry saw the same pleading look in Ron’s eyes, “Please tell me you’re not.”

“Don’t worry, Hermione, I’m not feeling upset with you guys,” Harry said waving for them both to go on. Hermione and Ron looked at him for a moment, before looking at each other then making their way toward the engine of the train. Not feeling upset at all,” Harry muttered a mix of bitterness and sadness, “just left out …”

--

The year started out as it always had, as a mix of relief and worry, very quietly. “Hello Potter,” came Draco Malfoy’s voice, as Harry, Hermione, and Ron were about to enter their first day of sixth year potions.

‘So much for quiet,’ Harry thought with a sigh, “What do you want, Malfoy?” He snapped bitterly, “You want me to beat you to a pulp again?”

“Harry, no,” Hermione said firmly, as she placed a hand on his chest to at least try to hold him back, “Last time, he made you lose the chance to play Quidditch again, If you were to be expelled I’m not sure what I … err, Ron and I would do.”

“I just wanted to say hello,” Malfoy said with a coy smile, “I see the Mudblood has you on a leash now then, I always knew you were nothing but a lapdog, Potter.” Malfoy then gave him a toothy smile, “Maybe someone should put you down like that worthless godfather of yours.”

“DON’T YOU DARE TALK OF SIRIUS LIKE THAT!!!” Harry cried out in rage, and dove for Malfoy’s throat, but was restrained by Ron, Hermione, Dean, and Ginny.

“Harry, no, control your temper,” Hermione cried feverously as they all fought to keep Harry held back, “That’s just what he wants, don’t give him what he wants, please!”

Draco then continued down the hall, “See you around, Lapdog,” Draco said, casually waving at the furious Harry.

“At least he’s we’ve got potions with Ravenclaw this year, for a change,” Ron said still holding Harry’s arm tight, incase he would dive at Malfoy again.

“That’s right, so please calm down, Harry,” Hermione pleaded, wetness forming around the corners of her bright brown eyes, “You scare me when you get like this …”

“I’m sorry,” Harry said in a low voice, visibly relaxing at last. “Lets … lets just go to class …” he said as he walked into the Prof. Snape’s dungeon, leaving the others to watch him worriedly.

--

All right, very good so far,” Professor Snape said walking around the potions classroom. “Can anyone tell me what is so special about Trigalicerium?” He said referring to the green liquid in the vials before each student.

Hermione’s hand quickly went into the air, and seeing as no Slytherins were in the class, he was actually being fair for the first time in the six years Harry had known him. “Yes, Ms. Granger?”

“Trigalicerium is the main ingredient for the anger reducing potion,” Hermione said quickly and intelligently, “It is also known to, in high quantities it give off what Muggles call Gamma radiation.”

“Very good, Ms. Granger, that is correct,” said Snape, “Two points to Gryffindor … I guess.” He then looked over the class, scowling at the table where Harry and Neville were paired. “Now be very careful to only place four drops of Trigalicerium into the mixture or else too much or too little and it is nothing more then a mixture of liquids with the stench of week dead mountain troll.”

Neville began to drip the drops of Trigalicerium into the caldron, but then it happened. Neville’s toad, Trevor, whom he took everywhere, jumped from Neville’s pocket, and knocked the medium sized vial almost into the caldron. Neville on impulse caught it and jerked it back up, throwing the smelly liquid into Harry’s face.

The liquid made a very soft hissing sound, that could probably only be heard by Harry, as it made contact with his lightening bolt scar. Harry’s hands covered his face as he dropped to the floor from the throbbing pain from his scar.

“HARRY!” he heard Hermione call out, and felt two hands grip his shoulders. It was Hermione, he knew the feel of her hands anywhere, and right now the burning prevented him from taking any of their usual comfort. “Harry, look at me, are you alright? Harry, are you alright, Harry?” said Hermione panicky.

“NEVILLE!” Harry snapped angrily, “What the bloody hell were you trying to do??” He growled standing up and shoving Neville hard.

“Harry, calm down,” Hermione said soothingly.

“To hell with calming down, Granger,” Harry snapped turning on her, making her back step, “I am tired of calming down! I’m tired of listening to your every little order, you’re not the boss of me, and I am NOT going to listen to you any longer!”

“Harry …” Hermione started, feeling as though Harry was tearing her still-beating heart out of her chest.

“Don’t ‘Harry’ me, Hermione,” Harry growled trembling in anger, “I’m tired of you watching over me like an over-protective, bossy mother hen, and I am NOT going to take it anymore!”

“Harry, you can’t mean that!” Ron said stepping up to Hermione’s side, gapping at the worse outburst he has ever seen from Harry.

“Sir Ronald to the rescue huh?” Harry growled, “How’s it feel to have something I DON’T for a change, huh? Always rubbing the fact that you made Prefect in my face, both of you! Saying you were my best friend, but where were you when I needed you last year huh? After Sirius died, who was there to comfort me, where was my best friends? Where were they???”

“Mr. Potter, you are out of Order!” Snape barked.

“Oh don’t you start you crook nosed freak of nature!” Harry growled turning on the now shocked Potions master. “All you’ve ever done was put me down and hold me back, just because you hate my father, well you know what, Professor, SCREW YOU! I’M SICK OF YOUR PATHETIC BABBLING!!!”

“Potter, you will go straight to Professor McGonagall’s office, this instant! Shouted Snape, his face bright red in anger, “one hundred points from Gryffindor, and a week’s detention! OUT OF MY CLASSROOM NOW!”

“Fine you greasy git,” Harry said raising an unfriendly finger at him as he walked out of the dungeon, slamming the heavy wooden door behind him.

“H-Harry?” Hermione whimpered, trying to fight back sobs.

“Don’t worry, Hermione,” Ron said reassuringly, “I’m sure he didn’t mean any of that.”

“He’s just like his father,” Snape growled, before turning back to the class, “Why are none of you mixing your potions?”

--

Buh bum

Harry stumbled through the hallway, gripping his forehead tight, the pain in his scar was so intense, but another feeling was added to it. He felt as though a feeling of rage, anger and hatred was flooding his entire body, crying to be released

Buh bum

He managed to make his way into the boy’s lavatory and leaned over a sink, and began to wash his face rapidly. Trying to wash away the feelings.

Buh bum

“Well, is the Great Harry Potter skipping class, too?” Said Crabb, as he and Goyle leaned against a stall smirking at him. “Did the Mudblood let her Lapdog off his lead? How irresponsible!” They both joked, as Harry trembled in anger

Buh bum

“I … am … no one’s … Lapdog …” Harry growled, feeling a strange feeling add to the rage, feeling as though a powerful energy was building in his stomach and spreading through his entire body.

Buh bum

“Don’t lie, Potter,” Crabb said slapping his back, “We have to admit, she has grown into a real looker, for a Mudblood anyway. Then again, maybe you’re not the one on the lead, perhaps you like to put her on a lead. After all that is the only worthy job for a Mudblood.”

Buh bum buh bum

“Do NOT speak of her like that,” Harry growled, not noticing his clothing seeming to grow tighter and tighter by the second.

BUH BUM BUH BUM BUH BUM

“Or what, Potter,” Crabb laughed, “You going to beat us both up like you did to Draco?”

Harry couldn’t really understand; what happened next his vision went black and the only thing he could hear was the pounding sound of his own heart in his ears.

--

“Harry?”

“Harry, please wake up … please,”

“Harry you have to wake up!”

Harry slowly opened his eyes to a worried Hermione, “What happened?”

“MADAM POMFREY HE’S AWAKE! HE’S AWAKE! HARRY’S AWAKE!” Hermione almost screamed.

“Hermione, not so loud!” Harry groaned.

“Oh Harry, I’m so sorry!” Hermione said before jerking him in a gigantic hug, “We didn’t know what happened, we thought … I thought … oh Harry, thank Merlin you’re alright!”

“Let him go, Ms. Granger,” Madam Pomfrey scolded gently pushing Hermione off of Harry. “Mr. Potter, what was the last thing you remember?” she asked as Harry began to catch his breath.

“Uh, I was in potions class, and Neville dropped the vial of Trigalicerium,” Harry said thoughtfully, “everything else is kind of blurry.”

“I see …” Pomfrey nodded, “We’ll Professor Dumbledore wished to see you upon your awakening, I will go and summon him. Keep an eye on him, Ms. Granger.”

Hermione watched Pomfrey leave before turning to Harry sadly, “Harry, do you remember what you said to me … and Ron … and Professor Snape?”

“What did I say?” Harry asked a bit worried.

“Nothing, Harry, nothing at all, it doesn’t matter,” Hermione said smiling, “I know you didn’t mean it … though Professor Snape isn’t overly thrilled with you …”

“So what happened?” Harry asked.

“Well you stormed out of Snape’s class after you … lost your temper,” Hermione said looking toward the doorway, “Then… a little while later you were found in the boy’s lavatory … it was completely destroyed and you’re clothing was shredded, oh Harry, everyone thought you were dead, it was so terrible! And … and Harry … Crabb and Goyle … they’re both dead … We don’t know what happened but Dumbledore will get to the bottom of it. If you have any recollection, any at all, let someone know. You may be still in danger.”

Harry sighed and rubbed his forehead, “Oh I’m sorry, you must be tired, I’ll leave you alone if you wish.”

“No it’s alright, Hermione,” said Harry with a smile, “I can’t explain it, but for some reason, I don’t feel tired at all, I feel … great.”

To Be Continued …

Disclaimer: Harry Potter is owned by JK Rowling, and Hulk is owned by Stan Lee and Marvel Comics Inc.

C. Cowboy: (stupid question but) what has happened to Harry, and how will it affect his life at Hogwarts and the growing conflict with Voldemort and his Deatheaters? Thanks goes out to Xavien for once again beta reading. Enjoy and review!

Next Chapter: The Return of Umbridge

2. The Return of Umbridge

Chapter 2: The Return of Umbridge

---

I do know that for the sympathy of one living being, I would make peace with all. I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.

- The Creature (Frankenstein 1994)

---

“Well that was interesting …” Harry sighed rubbing his eyes, as he, Ron, and Hermione walked out of the potions classroom. “What ever I said must have really upset him. Snape isn’t even acknowledging me before taking points anymore.”

Hermione looked down sadly not saying a word as Ron shook his head, “You have no idea …”

They looked at the still blocked off lavatory, it would remain sealed until Crabb and Goyle’s bodies are removed from the stone wall. How they got driven so far into the solid stone walls was a question even to Professor Dumbledore. All evidence seemed to point to a Mountain Troll loose in Hogwarts, but how could any troll strong enough to drive two young men the size of Crabb and Goyle five feet through solid stone, and level a bathroom, just disappear?

They then continued on to the Gryffindor Commons room, “Any luck remembering what happened, Harry?” Ron asked as they stopped before Fat Lady.

“Not a single memory,” Harry shook his head, and then looked up at the painting, “Mr. Fixit,” Harry recited the password and the painting swung open.

“I’m telling you, Luna,” The three heard Ginny’s voice, “There is no such thing as a Hulk, and it is definitely not here at Hogwarts!”

The three teens spotted Ginny sitting on a couch of the commons room, and the Ravenclaw student, Luna Lovegood, setting across from her, with her nose set in the tabloid news paper, the Quibbler. “I know what I know, Virginia,” said Luna, not even looking up from her paper, “there is such a thing as the Hulk and it is at Hogwarts.”

“Are you aloud to be in here, Luna?” Hermione asked sternly, in her ‘Prefect’ mode.

“Yes, Professor McGonagall,” Luna smirked, “any student is aloud in any commons room as long as they are invited by a student in said house. Only rules are no student from outside the house are aloud in the dorm rooms or aloud in or to remain in the commons rooms after curfew.”

“Oh …” Hermione said, backing away, with a faint blush.

“Don’t worry, Hermione,” Luna said shutting the paper, “I’m about to leave anyway. Goodnight Virginia, Harry, …Ronald,” She said blushing brightly on Ron’s name. The Gryffindor teens watched as Luna trotted out of the commons room, her oversized earrings bouncing as she went.

“I don’t like her,” Hermione stated crossing her arms as the door closed.

“She’s not that bad,” Ginny said standing and rubbing the wrinkles from her robes.

“Are those you’re good robes?” Ron asked eyeing her carefully, “Makeup? Hair curled? Where are you going? Who are you going with?”

“The flavor of the week,” teased Harry, giving Ginny a wink.

“You boys are horrible!” Ginny exclaimed, “But if you must know it is Sebastian, I am going to have an evening picnic with tonight.”

“Sebastian?” Ron questioned, “Sebastian Banks? Ginny, he’s a Slytherin! I forbid it!”

“Ron, you’re overreacting,” Hermione smiled, sitting next to the red in the face Ginny, “Personally I am proud of Ginny’s new outgoing personality she’s developed, and you should be too.”

“But … but … but …” stuttered Ron, as Harry sat down on the other side of Ginny.

“She’s just going to have dinner with him, it’s not like she’s going to run off and elope.” Harry smiled as Ron as he sat down roughly, “I surrender, but if he so much as hurts you in any way, I will hex him until he can no longer walk in a straight line.”

“Thank you, big brother,” Ginny chirped, as she jumped up and kissed Ron on the cheek, “I better go, I don’t want to keep Bastion waiting!”

Ron watched her run off, and then looked down with a sigh, “She’s going to be the death of me …” Ron groaned as Harry stood up and started toward the dorm room. “Where are you off to?”

“Get my cloak so I can keep an eye on her,” Harry said, sticking his thumb toward the dorm rooms.

“Good idea!” Ron said standing up, “Lets go,”

“Oh no you don’t Mr. Weasley,” Hermione said sternly, “You have Prefect responsibilities.”

“But, if that’s true, I shouldn’t let Harry leave with the invisible cloak or Ginny leave for her date!” Ron complained.

“Harry leaving with the invisible cloak? Date? I don’t know what you’re talking about, Ron,” said Hermione, with a wink toward Harry who was already on his way out with the cloak.

--

“Where did they go?” Harry asked no one in particular as he wondered around outside the walls of Hogwarts, “They’ve got to be around here somewhere!” He then heard a loud scream, “GINNY!” He cried throwing off the invisible cloak and dashing toward the scream.

Harry found them at the base of a large tree by the lake, and the scene he saw made his blood boil. Ginny was now only wearing her skirt, and bra, the shirtless Sebastian had her pinned to the ground. And on the Slytherin’s forearm was the mark of a Deatheater.

“You really shouldn’t seen my mark, Ginny,” Sebastian said, unaware of Harry’s presence, “I hate to do this to such a beautiful girl, but …” He said as he brought his hands around her throat to strangle her.

“GET OFF HER!!!” Harry cried throwing himself on the larger teenager.

Sebastian kicked Harry off him, jerked out his wand, and aimed it at Harry, “Petrificus Totalus!” He cast, and Harry found his body frozen, “I’ve always wanted to kill with an audience, you stay right there,” Sebastian smirked, “I’ll take care of you in a moment. Now my darling Ginny, now that you know that I’m a Deatheater, it’s time to die,” he said turning back to the girl, and slowly started walking toward her, “I’ve been looking forward to a chance to try the Killing Curse, now here it is.”

Harry felt his rage growing and then he felt it coming again, what he felt that day in the lavatory. He felt the energy beginning to flood his body, his muscles burned, and his scar felt as though it was on fire. He began to feel his clothing grow tighter and tighter and his mind grow fuzzier and fuzzier to the point all he could think about was saving Ginny and stopping Sebastian.

“Oh my … oh my god … Harry?” Ginny whimpered from looking past the approaching Sebastian.

“Harry can’t help you now, Gin-” Sebastian started but then gasped in pain as a large green fist clamped down on his shoulder.

“HULK SMASH!!!” a deep voice behind him cried as Sebastian felt himself lifted off the ground. He then felt himself fly through the air and bounce along the ground.

Sebastian sat up and shook his head steadying himself, he felt like his shoulder and arm was broken. But all pain was forgotten when he looked and saw what was looking down on him. It stood a massive nine foot six inches and was covered in massive muscles under neon green skin. Its shaggy hair blew across its human-like face revealing a lightening bolt scar on its forehead.

“Ginny friend,” It growled as its face contorted in rage, “You hurt Ginny. So, me hurt you … worse.”

“What are you?” Sebastian choked out, as he pulled his wand, “STUPEFY!!” He cried as the spell hit the beast directly on its bare chest, but it only roared angrily and appeared to grow even bigger.

“You hurt Ginny,” I growled louder, “Hulk make you pay!” It cried and it lunged at him as fast as lightening. Its massive green hand wrapped completely around Sebastian’s head, and picked him up as a child would a rag doll. The hulking giant then brought Sebastian’s body up and swung him as a whip making his neck make a loud cracking sound then a equally sickening thud as it hit the ground. Then reared back, and slung his body a good three hundred feet into the lake.

The beast then turned and slowly walked toward the terrified Ginny. The cause of its rage gone, the beast slowly began to shrink till it became Harry once again. Harry took a deep breath and then dropped to his hands and knees gasping for air.

“H-Harry?” Ginny whimpered before climbing to her feet and slowly walking toward Harry, “Harry … what … what happened… what was that?”

“Did … did it hurt you?” Harry asked sitting back, his once fitting pants now terribly baggy.

“No it saved me …” Ginny said, squatting next to him, “but … but I think it killed Sebastian …”

“Ginny, was he a Deatheater?” Harry asked looking at her, then quickly looking away with a bright blush from seeing her almost topless.

Ginny, becoming self-conscious, covered herself with her arms, “I didn’t know till the picnic got … a little heated, then I saw the mark and I screamed… then you showed up and turned into … into that Hulk and fought, no slaughtered him.”

“I wish it wouldn’t kill …” Harry whispered, trembling slightly.

“What … what was that?” Ginny asked eyeing her former crush, now practically her brother, worriedly.

“I don’t know, but people’s started calling it the Hulk, so that’s something …” Harry explained with a weak smile, “I … I started last week, the first change came right after Neville splashed a vial of Trigalicerium in my face. It’s broken free five, six, I don’t know maybe even seven times since then. I think Trigalicerium did something to what ever Voldemort did to me when I was a baby. But what ever the reason, whenever I get extremely angry I … I turn into that you just saw. That’s the only thing I can figure out that could of cause this.” He sighed, resting his face in his hands, “Bloody hell, I don’t even know what it is! It might not even have anything to do with that! Maybe I’m just some cosmic joke. Yes that’s it, lets see what Harry Potter can take, lets put some more on his shoulders and watch for him to buckle!” he said, punching the ground.

“I’m sorry,” she said, placing a hand on his shoulder, “That is possible reason. Trigalicerium is the main ingredient for almost all emotion effecting potions, that would explain why the change is triggered when you’re angry.”

“You’ve been around ‘Mione too long,” said Harry with a weak smile, “She better watch out, her title as the most intelligent witch may up for grabs.” He complimented.

“Have you told Professor Dumbledore yet?” Ginny asked, changing the subject with a slight blush crossing her cheeks at his comment.

“No, he has enough on him with Voldemort and the Order of the Phoenix,” Harry said emotionlessly.

“Hermione, Hermione will know what to do!” Ginny said excitedly.

“No I don’t want to worry her, she’s got enough on her trying to earn Head Girl next year,” Harry shook his head, “I don’t want to be a burden to anyone else, not anymore.”

“Harry, you’re no burden, and Hermione likes worrying about you!” Ginny said gripping his arm, “Besides, this is important, Harry, you … it just killed Sebastian, like life meant nothing to it … when it did that … it was … it was so scary … Harry what happens if Dracobaby or someone rubs you the wrong way in the great hall around everyone? Do you think you have enough control to keep it from coming out there?”

“I … I don’t know,” Harry sighed looking down sadly, “Wait, what did you mean by Hermione likes worrying about me? And … Dracobaby??”

“That doesn’t matter,” Ginny said shaking her head, hiding the blush, “Harry, you must get help with that. There has to be a way to reverse that, or at least gain some control!”

“I’ve been looking,” Harry snapped, but then took a breath to calm down, “but there has never been a case like mine, ever. I even snuck into the restricted section, and nothing, all I know to do is try to not get angry. And I figured that out by blowing up a few broom closets and up rooting a few trees from the Forbidden Forest. It only happens when I get extremely angry. So if I don’t get angry, I don’t lose control. Might as well give up and learn to live with this …”

“You can’t give up, but I do think you need to at least tell Hermione. She always knows what to do. But I won’t tell her so don’t worry about that, though. It would be best coming from you,” Ginny said, reaching for her robe and placing it over his shoulders, “Can you stand?”

Harry tried to stand up but stumbled, Ginny shot under one of his arms, and steadied him, “I’m sorry,” He whispered, “the change takes a lot out of me …”

“It’s ok,” whispered Ginny, blushing at their closeness, “You know, a couple of years ago I would’ve died to be in a position like this.”

“Not now?” Harry asked curiously as the two slowly made their way to the castle, “What changed your mind?”

“Just before my fourth year,” Ginny whispered, “The night before we all met at the Order’s Headquarters, Hermione and I had a long talk. It lasted all night.”

“What about?” Harry asked, helping her open the back door to Gryffindor Tower.

“She’ll tell you,” Ginny smiled, “sooner or later.”

The two slowly made their way up to the common room, easily dodging any witnesses.

“Easy, Harry,” Ginny whispered, as she helped Harry up through the seemingly Gryffindor common room. She then helped him up the stairs to the dormitory, not knowing that a pair of cinnamon eyes was watching their every movement from the couch by the fireplace.

--

The next morning Ron was eating his breakfast happily at the Gryffindor Tower, when Hermione came stomping in and threw herself down next to him, “Ron, we have to talk,” She said boldly, “it’s about Ginny.”

“What about her, Hermione?” Ron asked taking a bite of eggs.

“Her outgoing personality is getting far out of hand,” Hermione said, sounding like a young McGonagall, “You must put a stop to it, immediately!”

Before Ron could respond, Harry, Ginny, and Luna came in and sat down before them. “Good morning, guys,” said Harry, taking a pancake. “What’s up?”

“Nothing much, Harry,” said Hermione with a smile, “I got a letter from Victor this morning.” She said proudly, while watching him carefully.

“You did?” Ron asked in confusion, and then grunted as Hermione brought her hill down hard on his foot, “OUCH! Yes you did!”

“May I have your attention, students,” Professor Dumbledore said cutting off the conversation, “I have news of the utmost importance. I am sure everyone has heard rumors of a beast called the Hulk roaming the halls of Hogwarts. I am here to reassure you that there is nothing to worry about.” He then looked directly at Harry, “But the Ministry of Magic has sent a representative, Professor Umbridge, to investigate the rumors. If anyone has any information, any at all, please step up to Professor Umbridge or myself at your earliest convenience. Thank you, that is all.”

Professor Umbridge then stood up, “Thank you, Professor Dumbledore. Hello students, I’m sure you have all missed me as much as I’ve missed you,” She said pausing for the groans, “I have no doubt that this Hulk is nothing but a figment of someone’s imagination and I will prove this post haste, until then I look forward to spending some more time with each of you.”

“This is getting better … and better … and better …” Harry sighed rubbing the back of his hand were the remnants of the scar she gave him remained. ‘I’ve got to find a to stop this … now …’ he thought looking up at Umbridge’s triumphant gaze.

Harry then stood to his feet, “Harry, where are you going?” Hermione asked, eyeing him worriedly.

“I just don’t want to be in the same room as her right now,” He said thumbing toward Professor Umbridge, “she gets on my nerves, so I’m going to go on and get to Charms class early.” He said, then turning toward the door.

“Don’t let your temper get the best of you, Harry,” Ginny said seriously.

“So, Ginny,” said Hermione icily, “what happened last night? Forget our conversation summer before last?”

“What are you talking about, Hermione?” Ginny asked, cocking her head to the side in confusion.

“Nothing,” She snapped, “Now if you’ll excuse me, I must go to the Library.”

Ginny and Ron then looked at each other as she left the table, “What was that about?” Ginny asked her elder brother.

“I don’t know,” Ron shrugged, “They’re both nutters if you ask me.”

--

Harry made his way toward Fat Lady and, just behind her, the Gryffindor common room, when a voice from behind him stopped him cold, “Does the Mudblood let her Lapdog just roam around free? That isn’t very responsible,” Draco Malfoy smirked walking around in front of Harry.

“Just leave me alone, Malfoy, please,” Harry pleaded, “It’s for your own good …”

“Listen here, Potter,” Draco shot, “I told you I would make you pay for what you did to my father, and I’m here to make you pay up, right now!”

“Don’t make me angry, Malfoy,” warned Harry, “you won’t like me when I’m angry.”

“Don’t make me laugh, Potter,” Draco laughed, “You-Know-Who will owe me after I am finished with you.”

Harry felt his anger rising but before it could hit the breaking point, “Mr. Malfoy, If you would excuse yourself,” Professor Dumbledore said walking toward the teenaged boys, “I would like to have a private conversation with Mr. Potter,”

“Yes, Professor,” Draco said, giving Harry one last smirk before walking off.

“Do not mind him, son,” Dumbledore said resting a hand on Harry’s shoulder, I’ll get straight to the point though, so as not to hinder you, Harry. I just would like to know if you know anything, anything at all, concerning this ‘Hulk’?”

“No, Professor,” Harry said looking away, “I don’t know anything about it …” It wasn’t necessarily a lie.

“Are you sure?” Dumbledore said, his eye boring into Harry’s emerald pools, “Very well, I apologize for the inconvenience, I shall see you later, Harry,” Dumbledore said, turning to walk a way but stopped suddenly, “And Harry … mind that temper, sometimes you can be … quite uncontrollable.”

“Yes Professor,” Harry nodded, feeling his insides tighten in distress and his mind wondering if Dumbledore truly is psychic.

To Be Continued …

C. Cowboy: Well I can’t say much without giving away the story so I’ll just say thanks to Xavien for Beta Reading and to everyone who read don’t forget to drop me a review! TTFN Ta-ta for now!

Next Chapter: Beauty and the Beast

3. Beauty and the Beast

Chapter 3: Beauty and the Beast

“Reparo,” Harry said as he used magic to repair his robes and pants. “At least it didn’t dump the robes this time,” Harry sighed as he eased around the corners of the school, thankful for being more then half dressed this time instead of being bare-chested in midday. Even though his robes are now sleeveless and slightly ragged despite the repairing spell.

Harry snuck into the commons room and on up to his dorm with no contact with anyone, though he presumed he would be slammed for missing three classes and running out of Potions class. Harry then changed his cloths and started out but ran into someone as soon as he got out of the door. He looked down to see Hermione sprawling on the floor trying to gather her dropped books.

“Oh I’m sorry, Hermione,” Harry said apologetically squatting down to help her pick up her books, “What are you doing at the boys dorms? Shouldn’t you be in your class?”

“I’m here in between classes,” Hermione explained grabbing another, “I was worried about you when you ran out of Potions like that, Are you alright?” she asked as she and Harry both made a grab for the last book.

“Umm …” Harry said, blushing when they grabbed each other’s hands instead, “I’m fine, just felt … a little green that’s all.”

Hermione then looked even more worried, but not letting go of his hand, “Shouldn’t you lie down if you feel ill, Harry, I could tell Professor McGonagall …”

“NO!” Harry snapped, and then looked apologetically when he saw her visibly flinch, “I mean, no I’m alright now Hermione, I already got some medication.”

“You did?” Hermione asked narrowing her eyes, “I just came from Madam Pomfrey, and she said she hasn’t seen you …”

“I … uh …” Harry stuttered finally letting go of her hand, “I didn’t see her, I just took some Muggle stomach medication I brought with me. I thought I’d just use what I have and let her worry about someone who would possibly need her more than myself.”

“Hermione studied him for a moment, then smiled accepting his excuse, “Honestly, Harry, you should realize by now that she’s there to help you,” She then turned her back and started down the steps, “But after all this time, I can understand how you would dislike being in there.”

She then spun around and smiled, “So do you feel like coming with me to a late lunch? I haven’t eaten yet, I went to the Library instead. Normally I wouldn’t miss class as you are aware, but Ron said you weren’t at lunch and I would be more then happy to eat with you if you like!”

“No thanks, Hermione,” Harry said giving her a weak smile, “I still don’t feel well, I think I’ll just go grab a book from the library, come back, and lie down for a bit,” He said walking past her down the stairs.

“Oh … ok …” Hermione said, looking downcast, “Maybe some other time then …”

--

Harry awoke with a start and noticed he was once again wearing only lose pajama bottoms. “What did I … oh god …” He said, turning pale as he looked around his surroundings. He was lying in the central courtyard of Hogwarts, but his heart jumped into his throat as he saw it broken and in flames.

He stood up and he felt sick at the site of students and professors around him, all beaten to death. He made a dash into the main castle, which appeared to barely be standing. “Professor Dumbledore!” He cried when he saw the aging professor lying in a puddle of his own blood at the front of the great hall. “Oh god what have I done?” he asked as he dropped to the professor’s lifeless form.

“RON!! NO!” He cried when he saw Ron’s body under a large piece of rubble, but felt his lunch rise into his throat when he saw Ron was not actually under rubble but broken in half with his upper half lying beside the rubble.

“H-Harry …” came a weak voice, which made him feel even worse.

Harry swallowed hard, then turned and saw Hermione laying on her back in the center of the great hall. “HERMIONE!!!” Harry cried almost diving at her side. He picked her up in his lap, his heart breaking as he ran his hand through her blood-soaked hair, and then wiped the blood that ran from her mouth from her cheek.

“Why?” she choked out, “why?”

“Hermione,” Harry whimpered, “save your strength, I’ll get help.”

“Why Harry,” she said tears sliding down her face and, her eyes showing hurt, and for the first time, contempt for Harry, “I … I would have tried … to help you … maybe … I could of … why didn’t … you trust me … why?”

“Hermione … I was … I was scared …” Harry said, tears sliding down his face, absentmindedly pushing the glasses that wasn’t even there up on his nose, “I’m so sorry …”

“Why? Why didn’t you trust me?” she asked again before going limp in his arms.

“HERMIONE!!” Harry cried, as he held her tight. He then looked up and a piece of glass from the destroyed ceiling of the great hall. He laid her down, then stood up and started walking toward the glass. He looked in the glass and saw instead of his reflection, he saw a massive green monster.

“Puny Human,” the beast said as he reached out of the glass and gripped Harry’s neck.

“NOOOO!!!!” Harry cried jumping up in bed, drenched in sweat.

--

Ginny Weasley slept comfortably in her featherbed, magically set to just her specifications, and was pleasantly dreaming. What no one could tell but the occasional moan of ‘Dracobaby’ would make one wonder. “Ginny, Ginny, wake up,” came Harry’s voice, as two arms seemed to come out of nowhere gripping Ginny’s shoulder shaking her.

Ginny’s eyes slowly opened and upon seeing the disembodied arms, made her start to scream but a hand covered her mouth, “Shush, it’s me!” Harry said pulling back the invisible cloak, “See, I really needed to talk to somebody.”

“Bloody hell, god damn you, Harry, it’s two in the damn morning, god damn it!” Ginny hissed, trying to keep from waking up her roommates.

“Ron’s right,” Harry smirked, “You really do have to wash your mouth out every morning.”

“Oh sod off, I’m sleepy,” Ginny snapped, rolling over.

“Please, Ginny,” Harry pleaded.

“No, go wake up, Hermione,” Ginny mumbled into her pillow, “She doesn’t believe in beauty sleeps, I do, now fuck off.”

“But Hermione doesn’t know about my … problems,” Harry said, moving to the other side of her bed, to give her his best puppy dog eyes.

“I don’t see what I ever saw in you,” Ginny grumbled, sitting up, and giving Harry a death glare, “Ok, you win, you jerk, wait for me in the common room. I’ll give you ten minutes, any longer and you’ll spend the next month as the opposite sex. Don’t believe I can do the spell? Ask Fred.”

“You’re a life saver, Gin!” Harry said pulling on the cloak and leaving the room.

--

Ginny walked down the stairs to the common room, wearing a fluffy bathrobe. “Ok, Potter, what’s so bad that you woke me up at two in the bloody morning?” she asked walking toward where he was seated next to the fire.

“I … I had a nightmare,” Harry said blushing slightly.

“Sirius? I remember you having a lot of nightmares about that back at the burrow,” She asked setting down, her angry face being replaced by a worried one.

“No … I dreamed … I lost control,” Harry explained looking down.

“Lost control?” Ginny asked, concern in her blue eyes.

“I dreamed it … it broke free,” Harry explained, “And killed … everybody and destroyed everything.”

“Harry that’s not going to happen,” Ginny said grabbing his hand and giving it a firm squeeze, “I’ve notice something about it, it seems to carry over your heroic tendency thing, it seems to only want to protect. Like when Sebastian tried to hurt me. As soon as it took care of him, it went away.”

“But what happens if … if it takes more control, and just goes on a rampage or something. I don’t think I could live with myself if it hurt any of you,” Harry said, looking into the fire.

“I still say you should tell Hermione about this, she’s my friend and it hurts to keep this from her,” Ginny said coming over and giving Harry a tight hug, “Harry, Hermione deserves to know the truth, it will only hurt her more if you keep it from her.” She then gave Harry a quick kiss on the cheek, “She deserves to know, and it should come from you.”

“No need to tell me anything,” Hermione’s voice snapped from behind them, “I already see what’s going on.”

“Hermione!” Harry gasped as Ginny leaped back and the two turned to see her looking at them both with tears streaking her face.

“Hermione,” Ginny said fearfully, “Hermione, it’s not what it looks like.”

“Shut up!” Hermione all but screamed, “What is it then? I see you two come in the other day both of you half nude, then meeting down here to snog, no wait, or were you just going to shag right here in the middle of the common room?” she hissed hurt and venom dripping from her words.

“Hermione!” Harry scolded, “That was uncalled for! I had a bad dream, and she came down here to talk to me, that’s all.” Hermione looked even more hurt.

“Likely excuse, like I’d believe anything either of you would say anymore,” Hermione said her eyes still burning with rage and pushing out fresh tears.

“Hermione … please …” Ginny said sadly, “It’s not like you think …”

“Whatever, Ginny, Harry,” Hermione snapped, turning quickly and moving toward the stairs to hide her trembling lip, “I never want to speak to either of you ever again, I hope you’re happy together.”

“Hermione! Wait!” Harry said, starting to go after her.

“Harry, no,” Ginny said grabbing his arm, “Let her cool off, we’ll both talk to her tomorrow when she’s cooled down, ok?”

Harry didn’t say anything but watched where she retreated. “Hermione …” He finally sighed and went up toward his dorm.

--

Next morning in the great hall, Draco Malfoy stood off to the side with a large group of boys from not only Slytherin, but also Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw as well, “Ok, raise your hands if you’re tired of Ms. Perfect Prefect Mudblood.” He said as all the thuggish boys raised their hands, “When she goes off on her duties alone in after breakfast,” He said with a sinister smile, “We’ll pay the Mudblood back.”

As if on cue, Hermione walked into the great hall. “Hey Hermione!” Ron called waving at her, she looked at him for a moment, but seeing Harry setting beside of him, she turned and sat down on the opposite side of the table. “What’d I do?” Ron asked, sulkily.

“Not you, mate,” Harry sighed, “She’s upset with me.”

“You? She didn’t get mad when you bout took her head off on a daily basis last year,” Ron mused shoving food in his mouth, “What could you possibly do that would put her panties in a knot?”

“She thinks I’m snogging and or shagging Ginny,” Harry said quickly, but still caused Ron to spit his food all over the table.

“You are not, are you?” Ron asked warningly.

“OF COURSE NOT, RON! BLOODY HELL!” Harry shot irritably, but quickly calmed himself down.

“Well then go and talk to her,” Ron suggested picking up the pieces of food he spit and started to cram it back into his mouth. “What?” he asked the large amount of disturbed faces, “no need to waste is there?” he then looked back at Harry, “Listen mate, Hermione can be as stubborn as you, you know. Just go and try to talk to her, she’ll give in and listen eventually, or … she’ll turn you into a rat and feed you to Crookshanks, whichever comes first.”

“You think that would work?” Harry asked, looking at him hopefully.

Ron shrugged, “That’s what I always do, and it’s worked for what now, six years?” He then nodded toward the closing door, “Now’s your chance, go and talk to her while she’s patrolling. If she’ll listen to you, tell her I said hi.”

“Thanks, Ron,” Harry said running out of the great hall.

--

Hermione walked out into the large central area of the castle. “Damn it,” She sighed when she found both stairs moving away from the platform she was on.

“Hello Hermione,” Zacharias Smith’s voice came from the doorway. “You shouldn’t wonder by yourself alone, especially this day and age.”

Hermione turned around to ask why he wasn’t in class, but instead suddenly felt something hit her cheek that felt like a brick. She cried out and collapsed to the ground. “Even if we get expelled,” Zacharias said, among a large group surrounding her, “making you pay will be well worth it, Mudblood,” he said before kicking her in the ribs.

--

“Where is she?” Harry asked wondering the halls of Hogwarts, finally coming to the central area. He then leaned on the railing and looked down into the large open area. No matter how long Harry would come to Hogwarts, the central area always amazed him. Then something caught his eye.

Two flights down, on the other side of the central area, a large group of older boys where gathered together on a platform, and Harry narrowed his eyes to see that they were kicking something on the ground, but he couldn’t quite make it out though.

Harry first made out what looked like a black cloth but finally made out what looked like a brown bush. It took less then a second to register. “HERMIONE!!!!” Harry cried in fear and rage, “GET AWAY FROM HER!!” He shouted, pacing back and forth, waiting for any staircase to move so he could get to her, but none were moving anywhere close. He paced along the railing like a caged animal, shouting at them to stop and leave her alone, but they paid no attention.

He then gripped the railing, and did the only thing he could do: watch his best friend get beaten. He listened and he could hear them curse and taunt her as they hurt her. And he listened closer, and he could hear her crying. They were making Hermione cry. They were making HIS Hermione cry. The railing began to crack.

Harry looked down at his hands and saw that they were growing and taking a greenish tint. He didn’t even notice it coming this time. He then felt it wash over him, the rage, hatred, and anger. It all washed over him like a cold shower, and he felt his muscles growing. And for once, he didn’t care.

His robe and shirt ripped, tore, and fell at his feet, as he grew taller and broader. His feet grew until they burst from the shoes. Harry was gone, and now there was only the Hulk.

--

“What’s the matter, Little Mudblood,” a boy asked, as he kicked Hermione hard in the ribs, “Crying like the little bitch you are, pathetic.”

The attack started again but suddenly stopped when what sounded like the cry of a wild animal came from above them.

They looked up and a green blur came flying toward them through the air. Suddenly two boys felt something grip their faces, then found themselves being hurled into the thick stonewalls. They hit with a sickening thud then feel to the ground unconscious. “W-WHAT IS THAT??” Zacharias gapped at the massive green monster, who was pounding his chest like a gorilla, then with a nightmarish roar, he grabbed a large boy by the neck, and choke slammed him hard into the stone floor of the platform, leaving a body sized imprint in the floor.

The hulking giant then grabbed two boys by the sides of the neck and slammed them together like cymbals, then dropped them like they were used trash. “Leave … her … alone … now …” it growled stomping toward the now fearful thugs.

“STUPIFY!” Draco said stepping out of the shadows, then turning his back on the beast, “that is how you-“ he then made an eep sound as he felt himself spun around and raised by the collar.

“Not Lapdog!” the Hulk all but screamed in Draco’s face, before beaming him through the staircase landing hard on the platform on level below them on the other side. The monster then turned back toward the three remaining boys and continued stomping toward them.

The two remaining boys tried to run past him to the exit but only met the floor as it clothes-lined them both to the ground. Hermione slowly sat up, and looked up at the approaching green giant; she then let out a bone-curdling scream and fell back to the floor in a faint.

This seemed to affect the beast, and Zacharias took advantage of that. He pulled his wand in hopes of cursing the beast somehow. But instead found his hand enwrapped in a monstrously huge green fist. “Hulk … SMASH!!” It cried as it swung the teenager around above his head like a rope, then let him fly screaming into the chasm.

“Her … My … Ne?” it asked, going down on one knee, and nudging her with a finger. It then gently picked her up, and it appeared it thought she was made of cracked glass. He carefully laid her down to cradle in its huge arms, “Her … My … Ne …” it whispered brushing a strand of hair her bruised cheek, “me get you help,” it said before leaping across the chasm. He then made a dash into the large corridor, making a beeline toward the medical wing, not caring if anybody sees him.

--

Madam Pomfrey sat at her desk, taking a sip of her tea when a loud noise jarred her office. She quickly ran out to see what was the matter, and her eyes widened when she ran almost into the nine and a half foot behemoth cradling the teenaged girl in its arms.

“Help,” It said in an almost familiar voice, looking down with a look of fear in its emerald eyes, “please.”

Madam Pomfrey’s mouth worked up and down, in a state of complete shock. In all her years at Hogwarts she has never seen anything like this creature. “Help … group hurt … Hulk save … help.” He said, lowering the injured Hermione to the stunned nurse.

“Hermione?” Pomfrey gasped, coming out of her state, “P-Put her on that bed beside you!” She ordered getting her equipment prepped. The Hulk nodded confusedly, but gently placed Hermione down on the bed, and carefully pulled the light sheet over her.

“Madam, Pomfrey, what has …” Professor Snape asked as he, Professor McGonagall, and Professor Dumbledore ran into the medical hall but stopped on a dime at the sight of the Hulk.

“Oh my goodness!” McGonagall gasped, bringing her hands to her mouth in shock.

“What in Merlin’s name?” Snape said pulling a wand, and pointing at the Hulk.

“SEVERUS! NO!” Dumbledore cried pulling his arm down.

“Albus! That’s …” Snape started but turned back at loud crash, they all looked back up to see the beast gone and a massive whole where a large window used to be.

“Professor Dumbledore, with all due respect,” Snape sneered, “Why did you stop me from protecting Ms. Granger here, Professor McGonagall, and yourself?”

“He meant no harm to any of us,” Dumbledore said walking over to the injured teen.

“How do you know?” Snape shot irritatedly.

“It is not in his nature to hurt, but to protect,” Dumbledore said walking over to the hole in the wall, as if to try to see which way it went, “He isn’t a monster, even if he doesn’t know it yet.”

To Be Continued …

C. Cowboy: still can’t say much without spoiling the story, so keep on reading and reviewing! Thanks go out to Xavien for betaing for me. Don’t forget to review!

Next Chapter: Rage of a Broken Heart

4. Rage of a Broken Heart

Dusty Lee Vaughn Normal Dusty Lee Vaughn 7 1419 2003-07-01T19:20:00Z 2003-07-07T22:14:00Z 8 3705 16657 457 146 20345 9.2720

Chapter 4: Rage of a Broken Heart

“Hermione’s going to be fine,” said Ginny, who was sitting across from a sulking Harry.

“What made you think I was thinking about her?” Harry asked not bothering to look up.

“Oh come off it, Harry,” Ginny laughed.

“Ginny,” Harry said, finally looking up, “Out of the gang that attacked her, four of them are dead, and the rest are badly injured.”

“At least it didn’t killed them all this time,” Ginny said giving him a weak smile.

“That’s the problem …” He said looking down shamefully, “For once, I kind of wanted him to.”

“Harry … that’s a little scary,” Ginny said concern covering her face.

“Not that I like him killing,” Harry explained, “But they hurt her … they were going to kill her probably …” He said breaking off trembling slightly in anger.

“Whoa, calm down,” Ginny said softly rubbing his hand slightly, “Don’t need the great hall redecorated, do we?”

Harry looked up, and Ginny winced at his glare, but then Harry began to chuckle then finally laugh, “Merlin this sucks!” He said before slamming his head to the table.

“Harry, haven’t you heard?” Ginny asked, “It didn’t lay a stray finger on Hermione, in fact the Hulk was seen carrying her cradled like a baby. Don’t you see, your uh … heroness carries over to it.”

“Is that a word? Heroness?” Harry asked, looking up at her dully.

“That’s not the point, dimwit,” She scolded as Harry brought a finger to his lip to silence her.

“Good morning,” Ron said coming up to sit next to his sister, “Heard about Hermione?”

“Is she ok? Nothing else has happened?” Harry asked nervously.

Ron blinked in confusion for a moment, “She’s doing much better, though I cannot say the same for her attackers. All I can say is Luna was right; the Hulk does exist. Why haven’t you gone to see Hermione, Harry? She was asking for you this morning when she came to.”

“I … I can’t face her right now,” Harry said, and it was funny how Ron and Ginny can understand exactly what Harry was saying but think two totally different reasons.

“It wasn’t your fault, Harry,” Ginny whispered, giving him a sad look.

“So you do like her,” Ron smiled, “I knew it!” He laughed triumphantly.

“I do not!” Harry snapped turning away to try to hide the blush.

“She likes you though,” Ginny pointed out with a wink, “Or else why did she drive Krum insane with ‘Harry this’ and ‘Harry that’? Or why did she get so jealous and hurt when she thought we were together, hmm, Harry?”

“Well … I … uh …” He stuttered, growing red.

“And am I not mistaken,” Ron piped in, “Didn’t Cho get frustrated from hearing about ‘Darling Hermione’?”

“Well …” Harry squeaked, and then mentally scolded himself for it.

“Personally I think you two would make a fancy couple,” Ginny nodded, “You don’t have to marry her, you know, just ask her out on a date to Hogsmeade or something. Or if you are sure enough, and all evidence we’ve seen that you should be, ask her to be your girlfriend along with your best friend, but … it’s your life. Do as you wish.” She said turning away from the gawking boys.

“I think … I think …” Harry said back stepping slowly, “I think I’ll go see Hermione.”

“Good day, Harry!” Ginny waved, and then turned to her brother, “You’re up to no good.”

“What?” Ron said in surprise, “I am most certainly am not!”

“Whatever, I’m your sister, Ronald,” Ginny pointed out stabbing a potato in her plate, “Do not do anything stupid.”

Don’t worry, sis,” Ron laughed, patting her shoulder as he walked away, leaving her to watch him worriedly.

--

Harry slowly walked into the medical wing, glancing at the boys covered in bruises and casts thanks to the green behemoth known as the Hulk. Then he spotted her, Madam Pomfrey has done yet another miracle, the only marks left on her was a light bruise on her right cheek and her right eye was slightly swollen.

Harry pulled up a chair and sat at her bedside, “Hey,” He said softly, causing her eyes to open wide.

“Harry, are you alright?” Hermione asked sitting up to quickly and falling backwards.

“Am I alright?” Harry asked in disbelief, “I’m not the one attacked by a bunch of thugs and a … and a freak.”

“I’m alright, Harry,” Hermione said eyeing him worriedly, “And the only freaks that attacked me were those boys. If you are referring to that Hulk creature, you are mistaken. He is not a freak and he didn’t attack me. He saved me.” Hermione stated, “But you, Harry, Ron said you didn’t come back to your dorm room. After what happened to me, I was really worried about you.”

“I’m fine, I was just … busy last night, that’s all,” Harry said, looking down, not seeing Hermione’s warm smile turning into a scowl.

“With Ginny?” Hermione asked, her voice almost sounding like a growl.

“Hermione …” Harry sighed looking up at her.

“No, it isn’t any of my business, anyway,” Hermione said looking away, “after all I am only the best friend, nothing more, hopefully nothing less.”

“Hermione, I just needed to talk to someone and …” Harry started but Hermione cut him off.

“So I guess it is less, isn’t it?” She said her voice breaking slightly, “even if I did misunderstand the situation, why didn’t you come to me, am I not your best friend? You used to trust me, why not now? Why don’t you trust me?”

“I do trust you, Hermione … I really do …” Harry said trying to find the right words, “I just … I don’t want to be a burden to anyone, especially you. I know you’re going to make Head Girl and I don’t want to be the cause for you possibly not making it because you were worrying about me.”

Hermione patted the side of her bed for him to sit by her, “Harry, you have never once been a burden to me,” She said sitting up with Harry’s help. “I want to help you and worry about you. There is nothing you can tell me that could ever make me turn my back on you or freak me out, Harry. When it comes to you, … a-and Ron of course, nothing is more important, not even school or becoming Head Girl.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure about not being freaked out,” Harry said under his breath, “I’m sorry, Hermione, this is something I have to get through on my own. I’ll be all right though. I promise.”

“I’m there for you if you need me, Harry, I always will be,” She said placing a hand on his shoulder and giving it a light squeeze. “ So … you and Ginny … are just … friends, right?”

“Thought you said it wasn’t any of your business?” Harry asked turning toward her, giving her a mischievous smile.

“Well … I … uh … um …” She stammered, neither noticed their faces being unconsciously being drawn together.

“Why am I not surprised the Lapdog will be by his Mudblood master’s side?” came a muffled voice, causing the two teens to jump apart.

“Malfoy? You survived?” Harry asked a bit surprised.

“Yes of course,” Draco said triumphantly, though he was in a full body cast, “You think a overgrown primitive beast can terribly wound a wizard of my caliber?”

“You wasn’t involved in Hermione’s attack,” Harry asked standing up, “Were you?”

“Ha! Do you think I would waist my time on your little Mudblood whore?” Draco laughed, but groaned in pain from his injuries shortly after.

“Do not EVER call Hermione that in my presence again,” Harry said, anger growing rapidly, “Or else history could repeat itself …”

“Well Potter, think about it,” Malfoy smiled showing at least five absent teeth, “She’s a Mudblood, what else good is she?”

“I wish you wouldn’t speak of me as if I was not present,” Hermione said looking at both the bed ridden Draco and the trembling with anger Harry, “Both of you.”

“Sorry Hermione,” Harry grunted, almost sounding like he was in pain.

“Harry … are you alright?” Hermione asked worriedly.

“Yes … I … I’m fine,” Harry said trembling slightly, “I have to go, I’ll talk to you later, Hermione …” He then ran out of the ward leaving a confused Draco and Hermione.

“Harry?” Hermione asked, a sinking feeling developing in her stomach.

Harry ran through the hallway, finally getting to an unpopulated area that led to the outside. Not a moment to soon, either, as the change began to overtake him.

--

Harry jumped up, and found himself in his bed in his dorm room, once again only baggy pants, and his glasses resting on his chest. “Please tell me I didn’t kill …” He prayed as he climbed out of bed.

Harry noticed it was morning and the others were probably already up and at breakfast. He walked down the stairs and found the commons room not as abandoned as he expected, “Good morning, Ron, Ginny?”

“Have a seat,” Ginny said coolly and Ron just shrugged. Harry did as told, and had a strange feeling of imminent danger.

“You love Hermione,” Ginny stated, causing Harry to tumble out of his chair.

“WHAT???” Harry said in a squeaky voice.

“I said you, Harry Potter, are in love with Hermione Granger,” Ginny said taking a sip of pumpkin juice.

“But, but, but, I don’t, what?” Harry stammered climbing back into the chair.

“Let us look upon the evidence at hand,” Ginny said nodding with her eyes closed, looking strikingly a lot like Hermione in her ‘bookworm’ mode. “Exhibit A: Do you recall last year, at the Department of Mystery, we all took injury, but you seemed unaffected and capable of carrying on up until the time Ms. Granger took a injury which drove you to lose all brain function that went against getting her to safety.”

“But I …” Harry started but Ginny cut him off.

“Exhibit B:” Ginny continued, “I can hardly blame Ms. Chang for being angry with you, seeing as most of your conversations revolved around Ms. Granger. Am I correct, Mr. Potter, in stating that all you seemed to want to talk about and seemingly thought about was Ms. Granger?”

“I uh I uh …”

“Exhibit C:” Ginny smiled broadly, which frightened Harry, “You often cry out Hermione’s name at night, and not as if your having a nightmare …”

“How did you … RON!!! How could you tell her … I mean …” Harry cut himself off quickly with a blush, “I mean, I don’t know what you are referring to …”

“Exhibit D: … Hermione,” Ginny said then paused for a reaction, “You see, Mr. Weasley, a faint blush and a twinkle in his eye at the mere mention of the name.”

“That’s not fair!” Harry blushed.

“Exhibit E:” Ginny started but Harry cut her off.

“OK! OK! THAT’S ENOUGH! I ADMIT IT! I admit it …” Harry sighed.

“Admit what?” Ginny asked innocently.

“Ilikehermione,” Harry said quickly.

“What was that?’

I like Hermione …” He said a little louder,

“I’m dreadfully sorry, Harry dear, but I still can’t hear you.”

“I SAID I LIKE HERMIONE, DAMN IT!” Harry said in frustrated.

“So you like Hermione,” Ginny asked, “So what are you going to do about it?”

“Nothing,” Harry sighed.

“Ron, would you excuse us for a moment,” Ginny said grabbing Harry’s arm and dragging him to the corner of the Commons room.

“Harry, don’t you get it, this could help you keep from changing!” She whispered.

“What do you mean?” Harry asked.

“What do you think I mean,” Ginny asked, “You change when you become extremely angry, and as things have gone for you, you have every right to be angry constantly, but Harry think about it. She’s nutters about you, you’re nutters about her, get you two together and what have you got to be angry about?”

“Well …”

“Think about it, Harry,” Ginny continued, “you like Hermione, so my advice is tell her the truth. Tell her how you feel and tell her about your other self. You can do it, and it’ll be one last frustration on your mind. In your current situation, frustration could lead to property damage.”

“That’s kind of mean, you know …”

“C’mon Harry,” Ginny smiled, “Ron and I will help you.”

Ginny then led Harry back over where Ron was waiting. “Alight Harry, you need to come up with something really special to say to her. Or else she’ll think you are only joking with her.”

“Um ok,” Harry said blinking at the serious look on Ginny’s face and the mischievous smile on Ron’s, “So what am I supposed to say?”

Ron rolled his eyes, and Ginny let out a loud sigh, “This is going to be a lot of work,” She groaned, “Ok then tell us about Hermione.”

“Um …”

“Ok then,” Ginny sighed, “Imagine Hermione is sitting beside you, tell her exactly how you fill, ignoring the fact Ron and myself are right here.”

Harry gulped, but closed his eyes, “Alright, here goes … Hermione, Merlin, I feel silly,” Harry sighed before taking a deep breath, “we’ve been together since first year, and if there was one thing I could count on it was your friendship. You are the most dependable, loyal, and trustworthy friend I have ever had the pleasure of having. What I want to ask is, Hermione Granger, will you be my girlfriend?”

“Harry …” Ginny sighed, “That was great…”

“Yeah, mate,” Ron smiled, “There is no way you can go wrong with that!”

“You really think so?” Harry said blushing madly.

“Yes, of course,” Ginny beamed, “I just wish a guy would say that to me …”

“You’d probably marry the guy who says that to you,” Ron said with a wink at Harry, “After all any guy who winks at you, you go after like a horny rabbit.”

“RON!” Ginny yelled, shoving him off the couch. “Anyway, Harry,” She said turning to him, “Hermione gets out of the hospital wing tonight and we’re throwing her a welcome back party in the commons room. That will be your chance!”

“Are you sure this is the right thing to do?” Harry asked looking at the Weasley siblings questionably.

“Trust me, Harry,” Ginny smiled, “I know for a fact she will not turn you down.”

“Really?” Harry asked, not able to make eye contact, “Does this have anything to do with the conversation between you and Mione that you won’t tell me about?”

“Maybe,” Ginny smirked.

Harry shook his head, still feeling very uneasy on the subject, “I think I’ll go get some breakfast, then take a walk around the lake before the Quidditch game today. Talk to you two later,”

“Bye Harry,” Ron and Ginny both said.

Ginny watched him leave then sighed, “They’ll be a marvelous couple.”

“I’m sure we will.” Ron smirked.

Ginny’s head snapped up, and she gazed on him with a worried expression, “Ron, please don’t …”

“Don’t worry, Ginny,” Ron smiled brightly, “Harry’s my best mate, He’s got enough on him with Voldemort and Deatheaters and such, I’m sure he won’t mind me taking worrying about Hermione off his shoulders. After all, if Hermione became Harry’s girlfriend, she’ll be a target. This way, everyone will be happy.”

“Ron don’t …” Ginny warned, “You really don’t want to upset Harry … you really don’t …”

“Don’t worry, Gin,” Ron said slapping her shoulder, “Everything will work out!” he said as he walked off.

“I honestly hope so …” She said uncertainly, slouching down into the couch, “oh dear …”

--

Later that evening, Harry walked into the commons room. He looked around the crowded chamber and spotted whom he wanted to talk to. Hermione sat beside Ron chatting cheerfully with Ginny. Harry took a deep breath, ‘today’s the day,’ said Harry shaking the nervousness down. After what happened last year, Harry understood that life is too short, and it could end for him or any of his friends at anytime, and the term ‘now or never’ has never meant more to him then now.

“Hermione?” asked Harry walking toward the couch where his two best friends were seated, “Hermione, is there anyway I may speak to you alone for a moment? It’s important.”

“Of course, Harry,” Hermione beamed happily, “But Ron asked first, as soon as he’s finished I’m all yours.”

“I hope so anyway,” Harry said under his breath taking a seat in an unoccupied chair to wait. He then went over what he was going to say.

Ron had said there was no way he could go wrong with that, so now it was time to lay down his hand.

‘Hermione,’ Harry began running through his speech through his mind one last time, ‘we’ve been together since first year, and if there was one thing I could count on it was your friendship. You are the most dependable, loyal, and trustworthy friend I have ever had the pleasure of having. What I want to ask is, Hermione Granger, will you be my girlfriend?’

“Hermione?” Ron said clearing his throat, “we’ve been together since first year, and if there was one thing I could count on it was your friendship.”

‘Ron? No, I had planned to say that! How could you?’ Harry thought angrily staring at Ron looking into Hermione as if every word he was saying was from his heart.

“You are the most dependable, loyal, and trustworthy friend I have ever had the pleasure of having. What I want to ask is,” Ron said getting down on one knee for dramatic effect, “Hermione Granger, will you be my girlfriend?”

‘Please say no, please say no,’ Harry prayed, but then his heart sunk when he saw the gleaming tears in Hermione’s eyes.

“Ron, that’s the sweetest thing anyone’s ever said to me,” Hermione whimpered, “Yes, I’ll be your girlfriend, Ron,” she said pulling him up into a simple kiss. Ron broke it after a short time and gave Harry an almost friendly smile that made Harry’s blood begin to boil.

Harry had to get out of there. He stormed toward the dormitories, shoving Neville out of the way. He stomped into his and Ron’s dorm, and sat down hard on the bed. The more he thought about what he just witnessed, the angrier he got. He took the picture on his night table of himself, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny taken last year, and gripped it till his knuckles began to turn white, his eyes boring into the laughing picture of Ron. Then he felt it coming.

He could hear the saying now, the Gryffindor Prefect couple. Made him sick, Ron could have Prefect, he could have Quidditch, he could even have Head Boy next year, but Harry drew the line with Hermione and Ron had just crossed it. “I thought you were my best friend …” Harry growled angrily as his white Knuckles began to take a greenish tint and his robes and clothing began to get tighter.

--

Ron and Hermione laughed and accepted congratulations from their piers, everyone seemed happy for them; everyone but Ginny who was giving Ron a death glare and Luna who looked completely broken hearted. “Ron, where’s Harry?” Hermione asked looking around the commons room, “he said he wanted to talk to me of something, where could he of gone?”

“I’m sure he just stepped out for a moment, Hermione,” Ron said wrapping his arms around her, so just don’t worry about him …” He started to move in for another kiss, but pulled her out of the way as a bed along with broken bricks flew through the wall from what looked like the sixth year boys’ dormitory.

“What the bloody hell is that?” Ron asked as Ginny, Luna, and Hermione cowered behind him as a massive hulking behemoth leapt down to the to the floor of the Commons room. It looked like a man, but stood over nine foot tall, and his green skin rippled in gigantic muscles, if not for the shaggy green hair one would of seen a lightening bolt scar on his forehead. The legs of his ‘shorts’ ripped and gave way as he stomped into the room flexing his muscles angrily.

“Harry!” Hermione gasped as she realized where the Hulk came from, “Harry was in there!”

“Stupefy!” Ron yelled, casting a spell on the monster. It roared angrily, but showed no sign of it having any effect but making him angrier. Its emerald eyes, shimmering with anger, locked with Ron’s, and the monster unleashed a tremendous roar.

“What is going on in here?” Professor McGonagall yelled, running in along with Professor Dumbledore and Snape, “Oh good heavens!” She gasped as she saw the hulking monstrosity.

The beast turned and caught site of Professor Snape, and cried angrily again, and dashed forward before anyone could make a breath. “HULK SMASH!!!” It screamed as it grabbed Snape by the face and threw him hard through the hard wooden door of the Gryffindor girls’ lavatory across the commons room.

The Hulk then turned back to the four remaining Gryffindor who had not run, but stopped dead in its tracks at the sight of Hermione trembling fiercely and, her eyes filled with tears and fear as she looked up at it. “Hermione … no … be afraid …” it grunted in a voice almost like Harry’s, “I … no hurt … Hermione …”

Hermione showed no signs of relaxation. The beast’s face went from angry to an almost hurt expression, before it dove toward the opposite wall and on threw it.

Professor Dumbledore and McGonagall quickly moved to the large hole it made, and looked out to the grounds of Hogwarts, where the beast was running toward the Forbidden Forest, “Harry … what has happened … what has he done to you?” Professor Dumbledore whispered sadly, as he watched it disappear into the forest.

To Be Continued …

Next chapter: Umbridge’s Hulkbusters

5. Umbridges Hulkbusters

Chapter 5: Umbridge’s Hulk Busters

Hermione’s eyes burned with tears as she dashed up the stairs toward the boy’s dorm, her voice already growing hoarse from her screaming Harry’s name. She almost jerked the door from its hinges as she almost literally threw herself into Harry and Ron’s dormitory. “HARRY!! HARRY, WHERE ARE YOU!?” She cried, looking around the destroyed room frantically.

“Harry!” Ron cried equally concerned upon seeing the destruction of the room.

She then spotted the torn shirt and broken glasses on the floor and dropped to her knees. She clung the broken glasses to her chest as a sob escaped her throat. “I … I defended that … that beast to him …” Hermione whispered dangerously, “This … this is unforgivable … It hurt him … I … I’ll … I want it to pay for this …”

“Mr. Potter is in no danger and is completely fine, Ms. Granger,” Professor Dumbledore said from the doorway, “He was … not here at the time, but I feel he will want me to bring his glasses to him.”

“He was here, Professor,” Ron said staring at the headmaster, “I saw him come up here, he WAS in here!”

“You are mistaken Mr. Weasley.”

“Then where is he?” Hermione asked glaring at the elder.

“I … I am afraid … I cannot tell you this information,” Dumbledore said looking for the right words, “When the time is right for you to know, you will find out. But the time is not now.”

“But Professor,” Hermione started, but was cut off when Dumbledore reached down and took the broken glasses from her.

“Please ask me no questions,” he sighed, “I must go, and check on Professor Snape.”

--

The Hulk bellowed into the Forbidden Forest, not stopping for any tree. Any in his path was instantly reduced to splinters. He roared and raged as he took a massive punch at a thicker three breaking it in half.

“ Easy there, ‘Arry,” Hagrid said, walking slowly toward the raging green behemoth, “Dumbledore sent me to fetch ye, so calm yourself on down.”

The Hulk turned his rage filled green eyes on the half giant, and stormed toward him. “Oy not again …” Hagrid sighed as the Hulk brought his fist toward Hagrid’s face. Hagrid caught the punch with both hands, but slid backwards a good foot. “Goodness, ‘Arry, somethin must’ve really ruffled ye feathers this time te get ye this strong!”

The Hulk came around again with his free arm, and punched Hagrid heard in the side, sending him spinning into the air, and into a tree. “Aw,” Hagrid moaned, rubbing his side, “Ah shoulde brought Fluffy …”

“Now what de Dumbledore say to get ye to calm down?” Hagrid asked as the beast was glaring at him ready to attack again, “Oh ye, ah remember now. What would Hermione think of ye behavin’ like this?” Hulk’s eyes softened a moment but then rage returned, “That’s new …”

The Hulk ran at him at full speed at the half giant, “Oh dear,” Hagrid gulped, but then the Hulk stopped dead in his tracks and collapsed on his face, snoring lightly. “Dumbledore?” Hagrid asked as the old wizard stood a short distance away with his wand drawn.

“A simple sleeping charm, Hagrid,” Dumbledore said walking toward the beast, “Perhaps he will sleep it off.”

--

“Ah believe he’s wakin up, Professor,” Harry heard Hagrid’s voice, and slowly opened his eyes.

“This is a unfamiliar ceiling …” Harry groaned, he then looked to the side and seen Professor Dumbledore and Hagrid looking at him expectantly, “What hit me?”

“Just a simple sleeping charm you will probably learn next term, dear boy,” Dumbledore said with a warm smile, “You have caused quite a ruckus lately.”

“Um what do you mean?” Harry asked nervously.

“Oh, I know all about your green skinned alter ego, Harry,” Dumbledore smiled, “I’ve known about it for some time now.”

“You’re not going to send me to Azkaban are you?” Harry asked nervously.

“There is no real reason to, ‘The Hulk’ has only killed recruits and low level Deatheaters so far,” Dumbledore explained, “every body examined had the mark on their arm. While its methods are a bit … messy, it has systematically eliminated Voldemort’s presence in this school.”

“Deatheaters in the school?” Harry asked, his eyes widening, “How did they get in?”

“While I can keep stronger more powerful Deatheaters out, weaker ones uneducated in magic, have been able to slip in under my defenses. Dumbledore explained, “They are others, but the Hulk has done a lot of good in keeping them from harming the students. Because the origin of the beast is unknown, what is known is that it is targeting them; and most are afraid.”

“Did it hurt Ron or Hermione?” Harry asked, and worry twinkled in Dumbledore’s eyes.

“No, though I believe it wanted to harm Mr. Weasley, and upon hearing the circumstances from Ms. Weasley, I can understand the meaning behind its rage last night,” Dumbledore stated, “Though I can not say the same for Professor Snape,”

“What happened to Snape … err Professor Snape?” Harry asked eyes widening.

“He is alive, only a bruised collar bone and he lost all his teeth save his right canine.” Dumbledore said, an uncharacteristic mischievous expression cross his face, “Though his pride was most injured I’m afraid. Understandably though. He woke up with his head in a toilet in the Gryffindor ladies lavatory. His hair was tangled in the drain and it took four painstaking hours to get his hair cut out of there, awful mess getting it stuck there. And we must speak to your housemates, seems some need to learn to flush the toiletries.”

“Ouch,” Harry groaned, trying not to laugh at the thoughts of Snape’s head stuck in a used and unflushed toilet. “What’s wrong with me, Professor, why am I like this? I believe it has something to do with the Trigalicerium in potions class. Am I correct?”

“You are partially correct, Harry,” Dumbledore smiled, “Perhaps Hermione’s cleverness has worn off on you. You see, Harry, within all of us, we have the ability to create or to destroy, to hate or to love, to embrace life or to rage against it. You have a special gift Harry, one few have ever had. You have a great inner power, one that has only been recorded twice: once belonging to Merlin, and the other to Voldemort. When you were a child, Voldemort tried to take that power, but instead you took a large portion of his own. You didn’t take all of it. Voldemort still has a great deal of that power. But now you have more than you would have had initially. The exchange is what left the scar upon your forehead. And when the mineral made contact with your scar it awakened your power. Because the majority of your power once belong to Voldemort and was tainted with his evil, whenever you feel intense rage, the power erupts and changes you into, what has come to be called, The Hulk.”

“So the Hulk’s evil?” Harry asked, looking away worriedly.

“No Harry, I do not believe that is the case,” Dumbledore said placing his hand on the teenager’s shoulder, “You see Harry, the Hulk can only be as evil or as good as you are. No more or no less. It will protect your friends, and wage war against those you despise. I can say this much, I fear for Voldemort, the day he brings you to anger.”

“Is it that bad?” Harry asked sitting up.

“It threw me bloody across the way,” Hagrid chuckled, “Ah bloody well would think so!”

“You must be careful, Harry,” Dumbledore advised, “Most do not understand as I do, such as Professor Umbridge. She has come with a large Auror force and is just waiting for the Hulk to show itself.”

“Don’t worry, Professor, I’ll be fine,” Harry said sheepishly.

“It is not you I worry about,” Dumbledore smiled, “I do not know of any Auror that can match the Hulk’s power.”

“I’ll do my best to keep it under control, Professor,” Harry said sadly, “its difficult …”

“I know, son,” Dumbledore said affectionately, “I believe all this is for a reason, and if anyone can bring good from this situation, it is you, Harry.”

Dumbledore then stood up, “Come along, Harry, we must return to the castle, I know of a young lady who was in tears over the thoughts of you being in danger.”

Harry stood up and realized he was once again dressed, “So it was you and Hagrid who kept me from being spotted half naked in various places?”

“Aye, t’was ‘Arry,” Hagrid said as Dumbledore led him out of the hut. “Come back any time, ‘Arry.”

“Though I had a hard time getting your glasses from Hermione this time,” Dumbledore said as the two walked along the path toward Hogwarts Castle, “She was quite distraught over the thought of you being hurt, or worse. She assumed the Hulk had attacked you and was making its escape last night. I assured her the Hulk had not harmed you, though I believe seeing you today will reassure her confidence.”

“I’m sure Ron was there to comfort her,” Harry said angrily.

“Remember your temper, dear boy,” Dumbledore said rubbing his shoulder soothingly, “And a battle lost does not lose a war. The heart is a fickle thing, you see? Sometimes it must go down the wrong path before it finds the correct one.”

“So exactly what are you saying?” Harry asked looking up at the older gentleman.

“Oh some things you think won’t happen can still happen none the less, and most of the time catch you in the blind spot,” He said still looking forward, “For example:” He nodded forward, and Harry turned just in time to see Hermione leaping at him to give him a tackle hug.

Harry, caught off guard, fell backwards from the impact, and Hermione went with him. Harry gasped from hitting the ground, and Hermione’s knee landing in a certain area, but he could vaguely make out “do you know how worried I was for you,” and “where the bloody hell did you go?” from her hyper ramblings.

“Hermione … move … your knee …” Harry grunted.

“Oh I’m sorry Harry,” Hermione said blushing brightly getting up off him.

“There you are, Mate,” Ron said walking up to stand beside Hermione (A little too close for Harry’s liking) and smiling brightly, “I’m glad to see you in one piece.”

Harry’s eyes narrowed when Ron took Hermione’s hand in his, but forced down the anger, so not to release his other half if he could. “Yeah, I’m fine, Ron, Hermione,”

Dumbledore sensing the tension, and seeing that Harry might not be able to keep his anger away much longer, intervened, “Come along Harry, we must continue our conversation.”

Dumbledore lead Harry, into the castle, leaving Ron and especially Hermione slightly confused.

--

The next week went by with little or no sightings of the Hulk, thanks to Professor Dumbledore giving Harry a few private anger management classes.

It was the Saturday of the Gryffindor, Slytherin Quidditch match, and Ginny, Gryffindor’s seeker sat by herself at the breakfast table. Not that she didn’t have friends, but she usually preferred to be alone to relax and prepare her self for the matches. Usually to question whether or not she’s successfully filling the shoes Harry left when Umbridge banned him from playing the previous year.

“I can’t take this anymore,” Ron complained sitting down beside his younger sister. Ginny just continued eating, as if he hadn’t said a word. “You still angry with me? Harry isn’t. He said it himself he was happy for us!”

“Yeah, well Fudge said Voldemort really hasn’t returned but did that mean it was the truth?” Ginny responded hatefully. “Honestly Ron, when was the last time you and Harry had a conversation that lasted more then two replies before he walked off?”

Ron looked for a moment, “about a week ago,” Ron replied, “But that doesn’t mean … bloody hell, it doesn’t matter now anyway, I’m going to break up with her when we go to Hogsmeade after the game this afternoon.”

“What? Why?” Ginny asked, in shock at what her brother had just said. She reached over and pressed the back of her hand to his forehead, “You haven’t a fever, are you feeling ill? Should I take you to Madam Pomfrey?”

“No I’m fine physically, but I am sick,” Ron said sighing, “I’m sick of hearing about Harry. Harry this, Harry that, I swear I think she worships the bloke!”

Ginny cocked an eyebrow. “I’m serious, Sis,” Ron sighed, “I swear she’s probably got a shrine somewhere in her room with pictures of Harry and a place for sacrificing small animals to him.”

“I told you she liked him, but did you listen to me? No,” Ginny said smacking him in the head with an empty plate, “You never listen to me!”

“I thought if I put on the Weasley charm, I could turn her over,” Ron sulked.

“You idiot,” Ginny all but yelled, “The Weasley Charm was something dad made up to get Fred and George to go to Hogsmeade and not contemplating how many of their nitro snap sticks it would take to blow up the bloody house!”

“I didn’t know …” Ron sulked even more.

“Merlin, I just hope Harry doesn’t smash you now,” Ginny sighed shaking her head.

“Smash?” Ron asked, chuckling a little, “He’s smaller than me, how is that even possible?”

“Remember how he got banned from Quidditch?” Ginny responded quickly, cocking an eyebrow, and smiling when she saw the color fade from her brother’s face. “Come on, Git, we’ve got to start preparing for the game.”

--

“You ready,” Professor Umbridge asked two men in black cloaks, “This Hulk seems to not like Deatheaters, Hem-Hem, so I’ll give him some Deatheaters. As soon as tall green and ugly shows up fall back, I don’t want to fill out paper work concerning your deaths.”

“Yes, ma’am,” one of the two men said as they both disappeared into the shadows.

“Hem-hem, this should get me back in proper graces with the Ministry,” She chuckled walking out to watch the game and the events to transpire.

--

Harry sat between Hermione and Luna and watched the players zoom around in the air. Hermione looked over at him, “You’ll get to play again,” she said placing her hand on his arm comfortingly. Harry looked back and smiled at her, then turned back to the game.

Harry then caught sight of something under the bleachers on the other side. “Are those …” Harry asked out loud, seeing two men in black cloaks moving in the shadows under the spectators. “Hermione, you and Luna stay here, I’ll be right back.”

“Is something the matter, Harry?” Hermione asked worriedly.

“No, don’t think so,” Harry smiled, “I just have to check on something, that’s all.”

“If you say so, Harry,” Hermione said unsurely, “Do be careful.”

Harry nodded, and began making his way to the base of the stands. He climbed down to the bridge that leads to the paths that go under the Quidditch Pitch, and saw that the two figures were still wondering around under the opposite stands.

In the air Draco Malfoy, whom Madam Pomfrey has recently cleared to play, soared around looking for the Snitch when he spotted Harry moving at the base of the field. “The Snitch can wait …” He said with a sinister smile on his lips. “Time for some fun.”

Harry climbed down and was crossing one of the bridges, when Draco shot past him, knocking him off the bridge and on to the bottom of the deep crevice around the Pitch.

Harry hit the floor with a sickening crunch, and felt intense pain running up and down his arm. If not for the rage he was feeling toward Draco who was now flying away laughing, he would’ve realized his shoulder was broken.

---

“Do you see it, Peter?” One of the two cloaked me said looking around the pitch for any big green monsters.

“No Marcus,” the other replied, “Do you think Mrs. Umbridge would be upset with us?”

“Heavens I hope not,” the first said shaking his head, “I do not believe anything could be scarier than that …” he said watching Draco zoom down across the field, but then a large green fist reached up from the ditch and gripped the front of his broom, yet Draco continued forward. Bouncing along the grassy ground. “Maybe … that …”

The Hulk stomped out in the middle of the pitch roaring angrily, and causing players and spectators to panic.

Then several spells were shot around him causing bright blinding light. “ATTACK, HULK BUSTERS!” Umbridge screamed from the stands, “Kill it! Kill it! KILL IT NOW!”

Then around a hundred Aurors appeared on the field and began firing restraint spells on the Hulk, while others threw magically enhanced steel restraints on him. “Making Hulk mad …” Hulk growled as they drug him to the ground. “Madder Hulk get … Stronger Hulk get … and Hulk is …”

“ANGRY!!!” It cried breaking the supposedly indestructible bindings, and magical spells. He grabbed four Aurors at once throwing them high in the air and punched them all before they even hit the ground.

The Aurors tried spell after spell, but everything they threw at him made him angrier. “HULK SMASH!!!” He yelled bring his giant fist down on the lower part of a knocked down Auror.

In the stands it was insanity, but Hermione fought her way to a good spot to look over the field, to look to see if Harry was out of harm’s way. She looked into her binoculars and held them on the Hulk for a moment, but then she saw something that made her heart drop. The wind blew the Hulk’s bangs, and for a split second she could’ve sworn she saw a lightening bolt scar at the same spot on the Hulk’s forehead as Harry’s. “No … I must be seeing things,” Hermione said back stepping, her face pale from fear, “But … where’s Harry …”

“SMASH! SMASH! SMASH!” The Hulk roared as he used two lifeless bodies of Aurors as whips on a large pile of knocked out Aurors.

After less then four minutes, one hundred and fifteen Aurors were all killed or injured, and Umbridge stood speechless at the untouched Hulk. “Incredible … simply Incredible …” she muttered as the Hulk leaped the entire stands and made a dash away from the Pitch. Umbridge then grabbed a mirror from her purse, “Hulkbusters Unit 2, it’s on the move, heading east. Stop it now!”

Hulk ran at incredible speed, tripped when a spell hit him in the hip. It looked up growling at twenty-five Aurors riding brooms. “Leave alone!” Hulk screamed, grabbing a passing Auror and using him and his broom as a bat, knocking down four others with one swipe.

He then looked and spotted the Whompping Willow, and grabbed it. The Hulk jerked the tree and its roots out of the ground and used it to knock the other Aurors possibly into orbit with two swings.

The Hulk roared in victory, and then disappeared into the Forbidden Forest, leaving Umbridge fuming. “Damn you … you Savage Hulk!” She screamed stomping her foot, then sighing, “Maybe a few more Aurors will do the trick …”

---

An hour later Hagrid and Harry walked toward the castle, and Harry spotted Ron and Hermione at the carriages.

“Going to Hogsmeade, Mates?” Harry asked, with a smile. For some reason he felt really refreshed.

“Yeah, but do you mind us going alone, this time, Harry?” Ron asked. This might have angered Harry, but the strange look Hermione was giving him made him more worried than anything. She looked almost afraid of him.

“Oh … ok … that’s fine,” Harry said, though not angered, he had a harder time hiding the hurt.

“Sorry, Mate,” Ron smiled weakly, “I just have something very important to speak with Hermione about … but Harry … I really, really am sorry …”

“What?” Harry asked tilting his head to the side in confusion.

“You know …” Ron nodded toward Hermione, who was still staring at Harry like he had grown a second head, “I’m just sorry, Harry, I hope you can forgive me …”

Ron and Hermione then climbed into the carriage, and it when off down the road. “Harry, we must speak, I feel there may be trouble,” Dumbledore said walking up to the boy.

“What do you mean?” Harry asked.

“Harry, ninety-eight Aurors are dead, and forty-two are injured severely,” Dumbledore said worriedly, but spoke up when the shocked look crossed Harry’s face, “No, Harry, the Hulk was provoked, it only fought to protect itself.”

“It doesn’t change the fact it … I killed all of those …” Harry said, looking as if he’d be ill.

“Come on inside, son,” Dumbledore said, leading him inside the castle, “I’ll prepare you some hot chocolate, and we’ll talk.”

---

“What did you want to talk about, Ron” Hermione asked, as the two walked down the streets of Hogsmeade.

“Hermione, I wanted … to talk about … well us … and Harry,” Ron stated as they walked, unaware of the figures approaching behind them.

---

Around two hours later, Harry sat in the common room, with Ginny sitting across from him, watching him worriedly. “Harry, it wasn’t your fault they attacked it,” She said trying to make him feel better.

“If I didn’t start changing into it,” Harry stated coldly, “Then they wouldn’t have needed to attack it, and they would be home with their families now. It’s … I’m no better than Voldemort.”

“Harry!” Ginny cried, grabbing his collar and shaking him slightly, “Don’t say that! You’re nothing like you-know-who. You’re not evil, everyone knows that, Harry, you’re not!”

“Mr. Potter,” Professor McGonagall said walking into the commons room, “Professor Dumbledore sent me to fetch you, I’m afraid something has happened to Mr. Weasley and Ms. Granger.”

To Be Continued …

C. Cowboy: sorry it took so long to get this out, I’ve been neglecting one of my other fics for months now, and most of my readers were getting hostile ^^; anyway I hope this chapter was worth the wait, and a bit about the next chapter, Voldemort and his Deatheaters have a really, really bad day.

Next Chapter: The Gift That Has Been Given To Me

6. The Gift That Has Been Given To Me

Chapter 6: The Gift That Has Been Given To Me

Harry sat down roughly in the chair before Professor Dumbledore’s desk. He couldn’t believe what he just saw. Voldemort had sent them a pensieve, and the memory he gave them sickened them both, and replayed in Harry’s mind over and over.

“Do you see what fun we’re having here, your friends and I, Potter?” Voldemort had asked before the Crucio curse on Ron and Hermione who were tied to a wall, and now writhing and screaming in agony.

“Harry, you will remain here, and I’ll go and rescue Ms. Granger and Mr. Weasley,” Dumbledore said standing up, holding the directions to where the two teens were being held.

“Like bloody hell I am, Professor!” Harry hissed standing to his feet, feeling the familiar power pulsing through his body, but he fought it back.

“Harry, that’s exactly what he wants,” Dumbledore explained, “He wants you to come.”

“He won’t get ‘me’, Professor,” Harry growled, obviously struggling to keep it from being released. “You have two choices now, I release him here, or I release him there. You better pick fast, I can’t hold him much longer.”

Dumbledore looked at the boy for a few moments before nodding, “Lets go.”

---

“Harry’s not stupid enough to fall into your little trap,” Hermione hissed defiantly at the Dark Lord and his Deatheaters.

“Well he was last year, was he not?” Voldemort retorted making Ron whimper.

The youngest male Weasley shook it off, and glared at him weakly, “You’re just afraid, you know, Harry’s much better a wizard then you, and he hasn’t even graduated Hogwarts. Come to think of it, did you even graduate?”

“Crucio,” Voldemort simply replied pointing his wand at the boy. Ron cried out as his eyes clamped tightly shut.

“Stop it!” Hermione yelled, “You’re hurting him!”

“That is the idea, my dear,” Voldemort replied looking at her, then turning his wand on her, “Crucio.” The Dark Lord watched in pleasure as Hermione cried out, and pain caused tears streaked her face, “Only a few more and your minds will never recover from the pain, isn’t it a grand feeling? Pain wiping out your sanity?”

“My Lord,” Wormtail said as Voldemort hit the two teens with the curse again, “Potter and Dumbledore are here, Sir.”

“Let them come,” Voldemort hiss gleefully, “Let him watch the last of his loved ones fall into insanity then death!”

Dumbledore and a strangely calm Harry walked through the crowd of Deatheaters, and came to Voldemort and the hostages, “Harry, no …” Hermione whimpered, “go, forget about us, save yourself, please …” she prayed but then cried out again as Voldemort hit her again with a Crucio.

“Don’t hurt her, Voldemort,” Harry barked, but was held back by Dumbledore’s hand, “you’re making me angry, Voldemort. You won’t like me angry.”

“Perhaps you should stop, Thomas,” Dumbledore said stepping before Harry, “This could be your last chance before you are given justice.”

“Justice Dumbledore?” Voldemort laughed, before hitting Ron with the Crucio, “Now it’s your turn, old man,” he barked pointing his wand at the headmaster, “Crucio!”

Dumbledore sidestepped the blast, and Hermione and Ron watched in terror as the blast hit Harry dead in the chest.

“HARRY!!” Hermione cried out fighting against her restraints like a wild animal, “HARRY NO, STOP IT, STOP IT THIS INSTANT!!!!”

“Crucio,” Voldemort responded hitting the boy again, causing him to tremble in pain.

“Dumbledore, help him! Help him … please …” Hermione begged while Ron just gapped at the scene.

Dumbledore didn’t respond but watched with pain in his eyes as Voldemort cursed Harry again and again, “let it go Harry, just let it go. Show him what he’s playing with …” Dumbledore whispered as he watched.

“Can you feel that, Potter?” Voldemort asked, as he cursed him again.

“Oh … shit …” Harry grunted as all pain was replaced by angry pleasure.

“Merlin’s beard …” Ron gasped as all eyes in the room turned the size of saucers. Harry was changing in a way that was unnatural even in the magical world. His clothing grew tighter and was tearing to show green skin and bulging muscles. He began to punch the concrete floor of the warehouse while crying out like a rabid animal.

Drowning deep in my sea of loathing
Broken your servant I kneel

“H-Harry …” Hermione whimpered as from the pile of torn clothing the Hulk arose with rage.

“CRUCIO!” Voldemort cried as he fired another curse at the green titan.

The blast hit dead on, but all it did was make the already nine-foot monster grow bigger and angrier.

It seems what's left of my human side
Is slowly changing in me

“What are you?” Voldemort cried before changing tactics, “Avada Kadavra!”

The Hulking monstrosity side stepped the blast and ended up hitting one of Voldemort’s top Deatheaters. Voldemort tried again, but the Hulk picked up a running Deatheater and used him as a shield.

“Restrain it, I want it alive!” Voldemort yelled ordering his Deatheaters to attack the raging beast.

Looking at my own reflection
When suddenly it changes
Violently it changes (oh no)

Voldemort watched as a group of Deatheaters attacked with melee and magic attacks and in the confusion escaped, leaving Wormtail to lead the fight against the Hulk.

A large number of them attempted a dog pile on the beast while sending Crucio and restraint spells, then the whole group went flying through the air as the beast burst from beneath them.

I can see inside you, the sickness is rising
Don't try to deny what you feel

“Come on, children,” Dumbledore said as he untied Ron and Hermione, “We must get out.”

“Harry?” Hermione asked not taking her eyes off the Hulk who was disarming or breaking in half many of the Deatheaters who were unlucky enough to get with in his grasp, “What’s happened to him??”

“I’ll explain everything later,” Dumbledore replied, “Right now, this is not the time nor the place!”

“But the Deatheaters …”

“Are you bloody joshing, Hermione?” Ron gapped, “Harry’s bloody slaughtering the lot! Lets go before he thinks we’re with them!”

“But … ok, lets go,” Hermione reluctantly agreed, before being led out by Ron and Dumbledore.

It seems that all that was good has died
And is decaying in me

“Stay away from me!” Wormtail cried as he held out his wand in his silver hand toward the beast, then cried out as the Hulk’s grasp crushed them both.

“HULK SMASH!” Wormtail heard him cry out as he gripped his face, then felt his back slammed into the brick wall, again, and again, and again, until it all went dark forevermore.

It seems you're having some trouble
In dealing with these changes
Living with these changes (oh no)

Hulk continued his rampage, wiping out every Deatheater he could get his hands on. Voldemort watched from the shadows, “Such power, I had no idea Potter held such,” he said, though his voice was nervous, he never really considered the boy much of a threat until today.

The number of Deatheaters Voldemort had brought had dwindled to less then twenty. All the others either ran or were laying in pieces across the floor. The Hulk roared as it stomped toward three cornered, Deatheaters, “Please, don’t hurt us,” one begged nervously.

Open up your hate, and let it flow into me

Get up; come on get down with the sickness

Get up; come on get down with the sickness

Madness is the gift that has been given to me

Outside Professor Dumbledore, Ron, and Hermione stood in the rain waiting, then flinching at the sound of fists hitting flesh, the cracking of bones, and the painful cries of people being literally torn apart.

A moment later the wall gave way and the Hulk leaped out before them, his emerald eyes narrowing on Ron, and started stomping toward him while growling. “This will change him back, Tranquilus!” Dumbledore said pointing his wand at the Hulking giant, the beam of light hit him in the chest and it appeared to slow him down, but he continued on toward Ron.

“Harry …” Hermione whispered then took a step toward the behemoth.

“Hermione, no!” Ron gasped grabbing her shoulders, and holding her back, “That’s not the Harry we know!”

“Yes it is!” Hermione barked, jerking away.

“Let her try, Mr. Weasley,” Dumbledore said stepping beside him and nodding Hermione to step toward the rage-filled green titan.

“Harry, calm down,” Hermione said softly and soothingly as she approached the Hulk, “It’s alright now, we’re safe, and you’re safe, you can calm down now.”

The Hulk, his rage lowering, allowed Dumbledore’s spell to begin to take effect. “Harry, it’s all right, I’m here, I won’t let anyone hurt you, come back to me,” Hermione said barely above a whisper as the Hulk went down to his hands and knees.

She walked up to him and began to stroke his face and shushed him, “I’m here,” She whispered as he began to shrink down to his original size, and tumbling down into Hermione’s waiting arms. She fell downward with him as she held him tight to her chest, “I’m here …” She repeated in his ear, as he stirred slightly.

“Her … mione … D-Did … it hurt … you?” Harry said sleepily, as Hermione stroked his hair and the back of his neck.

“No, you saved us,” She whispered. “Now sleep, we’ll talk later.” Harry nodded into her chest before drifting off.

Dumbledore walked up and removed his cloak and placed it around Harry bare body, “This will help him be decent in appearance for our trip back to Hogwarts,” he said, a twinkle sparked in his eye when Hermione blushed at the realization she was holding Harry nude, “Come along now, children, we must go before we draw attention to ourselves.”

---

“I understand you had the intention of telling Ms. Granger something on your trip to Hogsmeade last night, Mr. Weasley,” Dumbledore said to the only other person in the carriage still awake, “Did you share what was on your chest?”

Ron looked over at the old Headmaster, then at Harry and Hermione. They were both fast asleep Harry was lying across the bench-like seat with his head in Hermione’s lap, and Hermione was leaning against the wall of the cabin with her fingers intertwined with Harry’s unruly hair, and a soft content smile on both their lips. “No, I didn’t get a chance to … But I think I should soon.”

“One should not try to change the ways of another’s heart, Mr. Weasley, perhaps you have learned that,” Dumbledore said smiling at the two sleeping teenagers, “But you should also learn to follow what your heart truly says.”

“Meaning?” Ron asked looking at the headmaster in confusion.

“I understand you and the Ravenclaw, Ms. Lovegood, have gotten quite close this past year.” Dumbledore said with a knowing smile.

“Luna and I are just friends …” Ron said with a blush the color of his hair.

“Is that not what these two have professed?” Dumbledore questioned, waving slightly at the other two in the carriage, “Think on this, Mr. Weasley, I’m sure you’ll make the correct choice.”

---

Harry began to stir from his slumber, his eyes slowly fluttered open and he looked up at the ceiling, “Another unfamiliar ceiling …” He looked to his left and found himself in a cot in Dumbledore’s office and his glasses sitting beside it on a coffee table. He reached for them and put them on before trying to sit up, only to find a strange weight holding him down.

He looked down to see a bush of brown hair resting on his chest and he suddenly went scarlet, “Oh bloody … I didn’t … we didn’t … in Professor Dumbledore’s … oh bloody …”

“Calm down, Mr. Potter, neither of you did anything improper,” Dumbledore said walking in with Ron who was holding a tray with four goblets of pumpkin juice, “You two were sleeping so soundly we didn’t think it would be right to awaken you to separate you and take you to your separate rooms so, I had Mr. Weasley fetch a cot large enough for the both of you.” He then smiled at the boy, “Now if you’d care to awaken Ms. Granger, we can get down to business.”

Harry shook Hermione gently and she groaned, “fuck off, Lavender …I’m trying to sleep …” Hermione hissed under her breath and cuddled back up against Harry’s chest.

“That wasn’t very ladylike, Ms. Granger,” Dumbledore smiled, apparently trying to keep from laughing, “Nor fitting of a class Prefect.”

Hermione’s eyes shot wide, and she set up so quickly she fell out in the floor, “Oh, Professor, I’m so sorry, that was terribly inappropriate, I am so sorry …”

“Now are you going to tell us what’s going on, Professor,” Ron questioned, “Why does Harry turn into that … that thing?”

Harry looked down cast, and on seeing that Hermione, sat back down beside him, and hugged his arm, “Oh, I’m sorry, Harry, it’s just …”

“I understand, Ron,” Harry said weakly, forcing a smile, “I guess it is kind of scary …”

“Bloody wicked if you ask me,” Ron said beaming at him.

“Even so, you know of Harry gift or curse, which ever way you look at it,” Dumbledore began taking a sip of his juice, “It is time you knew all of it.” Dumbledore then went on to explain what happened to Harry, from the curse Voldemort placed on him, to the accident in potions, “… so whenever Harry becomes overcome with anger, it triggers the power to be released and thus he becomes what has become known as ‘The Hulk’.”

“Wicked …” Was all Ron could say, while Hermione just looked down so her bangs hid her eyes but not her trembling lip.

“Why?” She asked, bringing silence to the room.

“Why what, Hermione?” Harry asked, gasping when she looked up to show her cinnamon eyes filled with tears, she then looked at Professor Dumbledore, “Why, Professor, why Harry?” She asked chocking on a sob, “Has he not been through enough, his parents, Voldemort always hounding him, wanting his death, Sirius, the weight of the whole bloody world on his shoulders, why him? Is there a spell or a curse to cancel it, maybe even pass it on to another, I’d gladly take this burden from him!”

They all looked at Hermione like she’d grown a second head, but it was Harry responded first, “I’d never let you even if there was a way.”

“Harry …” Hermione started, but Dumbledore cut her off.

“You’ve all been through a terrible ordeal,” He spoke softly, “Mr. Potter, go to your dorm room and get some rest, Mr. Weasley, Ms. Granger go to Madam Pomfrey and both of you make sure You Know Who didn’t cause any permanent injuries.”

They all nodded dumbly before walking out, at the part of the hall that they would be going in different directions, Hermione grabbed Harry’s arm, “Harry, get some rest, and try to hold your temper, ok? I’ll check in on you when we’re finished.”

Harry gave a weak smile before walking down the hall, leaving Ron and Hermione to go to the hospital wing.

“Hermione …” Ron started nervously, gulping when Hermione’s eyes turned to him, “Do you remember what we started to talk about before the Deatheaters nabbed us?”

“Oh Ron, don’t you think our relationship can wait until we get this with Harry taken care of?” Hermione asked exasperatedly

“No, Hermione,” Ron gulped, “I’m afraid it cannot.”

---

“NO!!” Harry gasped sitting up in his bed, breathing heavily. He looked at his clock, “quarter past three? Can I ever get a good’s night rest anymore?” he then looked over and was surprised to see Ron was also awake, “Ron?”

“Yea?” Ron grunted, his voice was rough as if he’d been crying, “What’s wrong? Is it about my … problem?”

“No it’s not Harry,” Ron snapped, before rolling over, “Just leave me alone right now, ok?”

Harry started to say something else, but thought better of it. He decided to go sit in the commons room, to try to relax before trying to return to his bed. He exited his dorm room, and froze at the sound of sniffling in the thought abandoned Commons room. “Who’s there?” Harry asked, “Hermione?” he questioned seeing her sitting on the couch closest to the slowly dieing fire, wearing only her nightshirt.

“Harry?” She asked turning toward him, and the sight caught his breath in his throat.

“What’s wrong? Can I do anything?” Harry rambled worriedly, quickly moving to sit beside her.

“Ron …” She sobbed, looking away again, “Ron … b-broke up with me …”

Harry didn’t know what to say, all he could do was pull her into his arms and let her sob on his shoulder, “Am I really that terrible of a person? I know I’m not very attractive and sometimes bossy but … can I never have anyone?”

Harry squeezed her tighter, and began to rock her slightly, “So what, Ron didn’t know what he lost, Hermione, you’re not terrible at all, you’re a terrific person, the right guy for you is out there, just waiting for you to come into your life.”

“And … what if he’s already in my life?” She asked looking at Harry in a way he never seen before.

“I … don’t know …” Harry stammered, “just wait, I reckon, till your both ready.”

“I can do that …” She said getting comfortable, “Just don’t want to wait too long …” She yawned before drifting off to sleep.

“I don’t want to either,” Harry whispered, before picking her up in his arms, and carrying her toward her dorm room.

---

The next morning, Harry and Hermione sat at the breakfast table, much to Harry’s surprise Hermione was in a much more chipper of a mood then he expected, and Ron still refused to come out of his room. “So … Hermione …” Harry started but Ginny cut him off running toward them, holding the morning copy of the Daily Prophet.

“Harry!” Ginny gasp, “Trouble, BIG Trouble!”

“What’s wrong, Ginny?” Hermione asked, and Ginny responded by pushing the paper in front of her, “An article about the Hulk?” Hermione asked, and Harry’s heart began to speed up. “Just talking about Har-Hulk’s appearances … oh Merlin …”

“What’s wrong?” Harry gulped.

“The Ministry of Magic and the Muggle Government of Great Britain have made the first joint project since before the Great Witch Trials. This project is for the hunting down and termination of the strange creature known only as The Hulk. Minister Fudge has announced that all magical school in Great Britain will be released by the end of the coming week for an early Christmas holiday for a thorough search for the creature and termination without worry of harming innocent people … Fudge also … r-reassures that … this … creature … will be dead … and the threat will … be … over …oh Harry … if he finds out …”

“I’ll be ok, Hermione,” Harry said squeezing her hand, “as long as I can keep him inside, it will be alright.”

“But Harry …”

“I’ll be ok, I promise,” Harry nodded boldly, “I promise.”

To Be Continued …

Song: Down With The Sickness by Disturbed

C. Cowboy: sorry for the delay, writers block had a hold on me ^^, anyway that’s over now so back to the show, things are about to heat up, so hold on because it’s gonna be a bumpy ride. I’d like to think Fusion Blaster for betaing for me. that’s it for now, don’t forget to leave a review!

Next Chapter: Hermione’s Christmas Wish

7. Secrets Out

Chapter 7: Secret’s Out

“I can’t believe this …” Harry sighed sitting between Hermione and Ginny with his face in his hands, “Spending a month and a half, and Christmas with Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia …”

“Surely it won’t be that horrid, Harry,” Hermione said rubbing his arm affectionately, “It is Christmas after all.”

Harry gave her an exasperated look, and her shoulders drooped, “Honestly Harry, it’s only a month and a half.”

“Yeah, Harry,” Ginny said patting his shoulder, “This is the perfect way to test that anger control techniques Professor Dumbledore taught you.”

“Yes, if you can go a month and a half without changing into …” Hermione started but stopped, to look around before continuing in a lower voice, “you-know-what, then everything will be fine.”

“I’ll try …” Harry said uncertainly, knowing that if the Hulk was to be seen on Private Drive while he was there it would be anything but good. Dumbledore had agreed to send him to his home to avoid suspicions from Umbridge and her Hulk Busters. And Harry reluctantly agreed.

Hermione then shoved a small piece of parchment into Harry’s hand. Harry looked down and then back up at Hermione in confusion.

“That’s my telephone number and address if you need anything, any thing at all,” Hermione said, staring at Harry worriedly. “I should be home all holiday, we’re not going camping like we did last holiday.”

“I thought you went skiing,” Harry question in confusion.

“Oh … oh right, we went skiing, that’s right … um …” Hermione stammered, looking down sadly, “That’s what I meant.”

Harry looked at her suspiciously, before going back to his pool of self-pity.

---

Almost two hours later, Harry sat alone on a bench, shivering in the cold. He had waved goodbye to Hermione as she got on her bus to her home, and also to Ginny and Ron as the Twins picked them up, ‘God help them on the ride home,’ he then shivered again reminding him of the situation. “I guess Uncle Vernon forgot to pick me up,” Harry sighed as he stood up, lifted his trunk and Hedwig’s cage, and began the long walk to Four Private Drive.

Almost an hour of walking in the cold later Harry was finally ‘home’. He tried to open the front door but found it lock. He knew he’d probably be yelled at but he knocked anyway.

A few moments later Uncle Vernon Dursley came to the door in a nightcap and a dressing gown, “Boy, what are you doing here?” He questioned hatefully, “Shouldn’t you be at that accursed school with those other freaks? Do you not know the time? It’s seven in the evening! You’ll wake up the neighborhood! Don’t just stand there, boy, get in here before you alarm the neighbors, and add more to the terrible rumors you’ve caused.”

Harry was almost literally jerked up to his room, thrown in, and the door slammed and locked. “Bloody brilliant to see you as well, Uncle,” Harry said under his breath pulling himself off the ground.

---

Two weeks went by and no major confrontations between Harry and his ‘family’ took place, and Harry was actually thinking that whatever holy deity there was, weather it be God or whoever, seemed to be smiling down on him for once in his short life.

Then he finally left his room to go down for breakfast and his heart suddenly seemed to stop and speed up at the exact same time. His so-called family was sitting around the table, laughing loudly.

“Oh, Harry, I do hope you are all right this summer,” Dudley read in a mock feminine voice, “I do hope you are having a good summer, I know what happened at the end of the year hurt, but I know you’re strong enough to take any and all life can throw at you. I believe in you, and if you ever need me, you know where I am. With love, Her My Own Knee,” He read emphasizing the syllables of Hermione’s name.

“Who’s this Hermione, Boy?” Vernon asked, “That your little freak girlfriend?”

Harry’s eyes widened as his rage began to build, “Hermione IS NOT a freak,” he growled glaring at his uncle.

“Do NOT take that tone of voice with me, boy,” Vernon hissed getting up from his seat, then walked over and backslapped Harry across the face, “After all I’ve sacrificed for you, given you a bed and a roof over your head for what? Sixteen years?”

“You … don’t want … me angry … Uncle Vernon …” Harry warned from the floor, trembling as a drop of blood escaped his lip.

Vernon reared back and kicked Harry in the ribs once, but when he went for a second time, Harry’s hand caught his lower leg. “W-What?” Vernon asked as Harry’s grip tightened to the point pain flooded Vernon’s whole chubby body. He looked down to see his nephew turning green and growing literally out of his clothing.

“No hurt no more …” the green behemoth hissed standing up and picking Vernon up by the leg.

“LET ME GO!” Vernon cried, “You are even more of a freak then I thought!”

“Hulk no freak,” the monster growled angrily, “HULK ANGRY!” He barked, as he slung Vernon across the kitchen and through the window to the yard. The Hulk stomped the rest of the way down the stairs, pushing back the wall as he went, then looked down at the small door at the base of the stairs with a padlock on it. His eyes grow wide with anger before he smashed the door and stairs with one fist.

He then turned to the terrified Aunt Petunia and Dudley, and his green face contorted in rage. He stomped toward them before grabbing Petunia and with a scream she found herself thrown through the refrigerator door.

He then turned to the trembling teenager standing in a puddle of yellow fluid. “White meat.” The Hulk growled bearing down on the teen. Dudley’s eyes rolled back in his head and he fell backwards in a faint.

---

Hermione’s long bushy hair and scarf flew behind her as she held on the handles of her motor scooter with one hand and the bag of takeout Chinese in her other, She was wearing a large coat, scarf, a pink helmet with a ‘Hell’s Angels’ sticker on the back and goggles over her big brown eyes. “Bloody traffic,” She mumbled as she eased along the slow moving traffic. “And its blood freezing, what’s going on?”

She glanced to the side and a military truck full of soldiers flew down the other side of the road, and looked back and followed the truck as it hung a tight turn to the left, almost plowing into another car. “That’s the way to Private Drive …” Hermione mused worriedly, “I hope nothing has happened to Harry …”

The military truck drove as quickly as it could to Private Drive but came to a sudden halt as a sports car crashed into the top of the truck.

“LEAVE HULK ALONE!” the beast cried as it jerked a tree up by the roots and beamed it at a group of soldiers who were firing their automatic weapons at him.

“Bring in the tanks!” a soldier screamed into a radio as he ran out of the Hulk’s path. Half the houses on Private Drive was destroyed, and no matter how many times they shot the Hulk, it seemed to only make it angrier.

The Hulk ran from the soldiers toward downtown London, but the military helicopters stayed with it and bombarded him with bullets. While his body healed quickly, it didn’t stop from some of its blood to bleed out slowing it down physically and make it as much red as green. The incredible Hulk grabbed a large light pole and swung it at the choppers, knocking on out of the air. The beast was approaching a large bridge, only thinking about escaping those who wanted to hurt it.

He glanced around the corner and saw a small child sat on the sidewalk listening to music through headphones not paying attention to the large tank that was approaching him. Hulk acted on instinct and ran toward the tank, stopping it three feet from the boy, and picked it up over its massive shoulders. And with a cry of raged threw it down the road, bouncing several times before it came to a stop upside down.

Hulk sighed and looked down at the boy who was still sitting there dead to the world. The beast shrugged his broad shoulders and continued down the street.

The boy finally pulled back the headphones, “Wonder if … bloody hell?” He asked seeing the tank over turned down on the end of the destroyed street, “MUM!!!”

Hulk gave a small sigh when he thought he had escaped the humans who were trying to hurt it, but as soon as it turned a corner it came face to face with a large tank barrel.

The roar of the tank’s gun echoed in the Hulk’s ears as it felt an intense pain in his right shoulder, and flew several feet back into a building and was quickly buried in rubble.

---

Harry eyes slowly fluttered open, but gasped in pain, and looked down to see his shirtless shoulder mangled and bleeding, “Oh god, what did I do?” he asked as he carefully crawled out of the rubble, and noticed that none of the soldiers around the are noticed the small boy crawling out of the bottom of the large pile of bricks. “I guess they were waiting for big green and ugly,” Harry whispered, before trembling as the cold winter air hit his bare skin. He quickly padded away from the area, still gripping his injured shoulder and limp arm.

Harry tumbled and fell into a pile of trash, and yelped when he landed on his bad shoulder. “What am I going to do …” Harry whimpered, shoving his good hand in the pocket of what was left of his jeans. “What the …” Harry whispered as he pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket, and squinted to see Hermione’s phone number. He slowly pulled himself back up on trembling weak legs and walked out of the alley to luckily find a phone booth.

He squinted to read the address on the phone, before slowly dialing the number collect.

---

“Thank the lord,” Hermione sighed as she walked into the Granger home and threw herself down on the couch and pulled off her coat and scarf, “I never thought I’d get through traffic … anybody home!” She called through the empty home, “Guess not …” She mumbled before laying back and letting her eyes close in relaxation. Then her eyes opened to the sound of her phone ringing.

She let it ring a few more moment before she pulled her self off the couch, “I’m coming! I’m coming! Bloody hell …” She moaned as she walked toward the phone on the wall, “Hello, Granger residence, Hermione Granger speaking,” She answered politely.

“You have a collect call from: “Hermione … I-it’s Harry …” do you accept the charges?” the automated voice spoke.

“Yes, yes I accept,” Hermione spoke quickly and waited, “Harry, are you there? Are you alright?”

“’M-Mione … help me …” Harry whimpered causing Hermione’s eyes to grow wide in fear.

---

Harry slowly opened his eyes with a moan, and discovered he was in a very comfortable feather bed. He glanced over and saw his glasses on a night table, as well as a picture of himself, Hermione and Ron together in their fourth year. He reached for his glasses when he realized he was reaching with his once limp arm. He glanced down at his shoulder and arm, and while there was still a bruise, there the deep injury was gone. He put on his glasses, and he looked around the room, he could see an opened walk in closet, and every wall covered in books. “Well sleeping beauty has finally woken up,” a voice called from the doorway.

Harry glanced up to see a girl leaning against the door, wearing only a long tank top with one strap falling down her arm, and a pair of pink panties. Seeing her face Harry’s eyes grew wide, “Hermione?” He asked in awe. Other then the girl’s short, neon pink hair, she was Hermione’s doppelganger.

“Harry!” He heard Hermione cry, before running into the room, with her hair pulled back in a ponytail and wearing baggy yellow and red star pattern pajamas, “Oh thank goodness you’re alright, I was so worried!” She exclaimed, but Harry’s wide eyes just went from the two look-alikes.

“Oh,” Hermione quickly gasped, looking back at the other girl, “Where are my manners, Harry, this is my sister Helen, she’s my twin sister. Helen this is my very best friend Harry Potter.” Hermione smiled.

“It is definitely a pleasure to meet you, Harry,” Helen smiled seductively, walking over to the bed, “Well, you weren’t kidding, Hermie. Those big green eyes really do make you just want to go down and suck that sausage, just like you said!”

“HELEN!” Hermione cried, turning blood red.

“What, I thought you said he knew you borrowed his invisible thing and snuck into his bathroom to watch him take a-” Helen started, but yelped when Hermione grabbed her by the arm and forcefully dragged her toward the door.

“It’s late, Harry, so you better get your rest,” Hermione said still blushing brightly, “Speak to you in the morning. Come along, Sister.”

“Maybe this is just some weird dream …” Harry blinked in confusion, “This has to be, so back to sleep it is …”

---

Harry awoke the next morning to see the sun shinning through the blinds. “Good morning, I hope you slept alright, Harry,” Hermione said as she walked in, almost like she was standing there waiting for him to wake up.

“What time is it?” Harry asked, putting on his glasses.

“Nine in the morning,” Hermione stated, sitting down on his bed, “Now let me see that shoulder.”

“Looks like the potion I brewed did the trick,” Hermione said, smiling at Harry trembling from her fingers brushing across his bruised shoulder. “Your trunk’s at the foot of the bed and I put Hedwig’s cage in my room, more light in there then my study.”

“How did you get my stuff here?” Harry asked, “We are at your home I presume.”

“Right, this is me and my family’s humble abode,” Hermione said overly dramatic, “And seeing as your green skinned alter ego took care of those horrid Muggles’ house, Professor Dumbledore said it was best you stay here with me …err us. And I used Accio to bring your stuff here and Reparo to fix your glasses … again.”

“Did I …”

“No, the Dursleys aren’t dead. They will be spending more then a few days in the hospital,” Hermione explained, “But they got off easy if you ask me.”

“Damn … figures it wouldn’t tear them apart …” Harry sighed sitting up, “Did you get in trouble for using the spells off Hogwarts ground?”

“No, Dumbledore cleared it for me, so everything’s alright,” Hermione said rubbing his shoulder affectionately, “My overly friendly sister should have breakfast ready soon.”

“Why did you never tell us you had a twin sister, Hermione?” Harry asked easing back down into the feather bed.

“You never asked, Mr. Potter,” Hermione replied teasingly, “There is a lot that you don’t know about me.”

“There’s a lot I don’t know about myself, Mione,” Harry sighed sadly, his voice quivering slightly, “Why is this happening to me? Is this bloody scar not enough?”

Hermione pulled Harry back up and gave him a tight hug, “You’ll get through this, and I’ll help you any way I can. I’m already doing a study on magic that is affected by emotions. I haven’t found anything yet, but surely I can find a similar situation or case study that can give some insight on our situation.”

Harry pulled back and looked into Hermione’s chocolate brown eyes, “I’m scared, Mione …” but was cut off with a squeak when Hermione hugged him tighter.

“You have no reason to be,” Hermione whispered in to his ear, “You made it through what is it now, seven encounters with V-Voldemort? You can make it through this too, I know you can.” She then pulled back to sit next to him, “Would it help to talk about it? I must say I am quite curious do you remember anything from when you … transform?”

“It’s kind of fuzzy, almost like when Madam Pomfrey pumps a lot of pain killers in me, but I remember some of the sensations. I feel anger … rage … power … and freedom …” He then looked away and released a worried sigh, “But what frightens me the most about the whole thing, Hermione … is when it happens, when it washes over me and takes over … I love every second.”

“Oh Harry …” Hermione sighed, taking his hand and squeezing it in her own.

“Hey you two!” Hermione’s near exact voice called from down the hall, “Better pull out of her, boy, and get both your clothes back on! Breakfast is ready!”

“Oh … oh Merlin …” Hermione whimpered, “Harry, do the killing curse on me now, please? Just go ahead and put me out of my misery …”

“Sorry, Hermione,” Harry smile for the first time that morning, “I’m hungry.” Harry then bounced out of bed and stepped toward the door.

Hermione sighed, and quickly followed him toward the smell of fresh eggs and bacon.

---

“So where’s your parents,” Harry asked after swallowing a bite of scrambled eggs.

Hermione started to speak up when Helen beat her to it. “The old man and his misses are at work getting caught up on paper work, like they do every year. Their practice’s main office is out of town so they’ll probably be back a few days before you and Hermie have to go back.”

“Huh?” Harry blinked at the blushing Hermione, “I thought you always went somewhere with your parents over Christmas Holidays, Hermione?”

Hermione gulped before looking toward the door. She then pushed away from the table and all but ran out of the room.

Harry started to go after when Helen stood up, “You take a seat, I’ll handle my sis,” Helen then winked at him, “clean your plate and I might give you a treat.” The pink haired girl purred seductively.

Helen didn’t wait for Harry to respond before quickly following Hermione out of the room.

---

“Hermione, mind filling me in on what’s going on?” Helen asked, running after her sister.

“Why did you have to say that?” Hermione asked spinning around, her eyes glistening with tears.

“What, told him the truth?” Helen scoffed, “Just like in your old school, Hermione, still can’t stand the thoughts of anyone feeling sorry for you?”

“No it’s not that …” Hermione sighed, “It’s just he has so much on him … he doesn’t need to worry about my little petty problems.”

“What, Hermie?” Helen rolled her eyes, “It’s bloody well obvious he cares about you, so why not tell him you have a pair of self-absorbed gits for parents?”

“He doesn’t need that burden …” Hermione sighed, looking away.

“Would he really consider you a burden?” Helen pointed out, “Besides you did mention he had a bit of a obsession with being the hero, right?”

“I guess …” Hermione bowed her head.

“I know you’d love to have his attention, Hermie,” Helen replied cheekily leaning against the wall. “I mean he is quite a catch. That messy hair is really cute, and makes you just want to run your fingers through it, huh Hermione?” Helen asked suggestively as Hermione gave a small shy nod. “Those big, green, somewhat sad, puppy dog eyes, you probably could stare for hours? And He’s got that sweet mouth, don’t think I don’t remember your rant about that Cho girl taking his first kiss.”

Hermione gulped and licked her lips unconsciously, but gasped when Helen walked up behind her, gripped her arms, and whispered in her ear, “Bet you want to give him a better experience then that Cho don’t you, Sister?” Helen whispered huskily, “I admit I have seen more attractive bods, but Harry is far from unattractive. I’m sure you noticed, right?”

“W-We’re just best friends …” Hermione panted, “I just broke up with his best friend a few weeks ago … it … it wouldn’t be right …”

“So what?” Helen chuckled, “Do you want to be more then friends with him?”

“…”

“Do you want him?” Helen asked so softly Hermione could barely hear.

Hermione mumbled something while drooping her head letting her long bushy hair hide her face.

“I didn’t hear you, sis,” Helen smiled.

“I said … yes …” Hermione mumbled.

“Oh really?” Helen smiled, almost gleefully, “I find this so very entertaining, my sister is finally growing up to be a woman. I still have two years on you, sweetheart.” She whispered with a wink. “It is Christmas eve, Hermie, why save that silly broom you got him and give him something he’ll really enjoy for Christmas?”

“Umm … I don’t know what you’re getting at …” Hermione blushed crimson.

“I think you do …” Helen purred, “Listen, Andrew will be coming over later tonight, so we could compare notes in the morning, what do you say?”

“Bloody hell!” Hermione gasped, “I … I’m not comparing how Harry shags me to how your boyfriend does you!”

“So you are going to do it then?” Helen smiled triumphantly.

“I … err didn’t say that …” Hermione blanched.

“If you say so, Hermie,” Helen winked, “Just remember when he penetrates, don’t let either of your tongues be between your teeth, the first time hurts quite fiercely.”

“Won’t be that bad for me,” Hermione started in her ‘know-it-all’ tone of voice before she could stop her self. “I learned a spell that I could cast on my self in fourth year in which would eliminate the pain of the first sexual encounter… Not that I’m planning on my first encounter being tonight … err …”

“So you’ve been thinking about this for over two years now?” Helen retorted, turning Hermione crimson faced again.

“I have not been thinking about this for over two years now!” Hermione hissed, struggling to keep her voice down for fear of Harry hearing her.

“Hold that thought for one second,” Helen said as she ran to her bedroom. A few moments Helen came back with her mini-recorder she uses to record lectures in class. “I knew this tape would come in handy. I recorded this summer before last, love, I trust you’ll recognize the voice.”

Hermione’s eyes widened when she heard her own recorded voice panting and breathing heavily, “Harry … that’s it … right there … right there … yes … yes oh Harry!”

Helen stopped the recorder and grinned broadly at her sister, “I rest my case.”

“T-That wasn’t –That wasn’t me!” Hermione gasped, reaching for the recorder, “That was you, you’re trying t-to blackmail me!”

“Oh but it was you, dear sister,” Helen smiled down her nose at her twin sister. She then surprised the flustered Hermione by giving her a loving hug. “All teasing aside, love, he loves you, you can see it in his eyes. Shag if you want, but at least tell the boy how you feel. It’s obvious he’s got a lot of troubles, and he could use a little silver lining for his dark clouds.” She then pulled away from her sister, “So wanna go back to your soon to be boyfriend now?”

Hermione gave a quick nod and the two Grangers walked back to the dinning room.

----

“Hermione has something she wants to say to you, Harry,” Helen said as the girls rejoined him at the table.

Harry’s worried emerald green eyes snapped to look at Hermione, when she took a deep breath, “Harry … I’ve not been … completely truthful to you and Ron … about what I do over Christmas Holiday … you see … Mum and Dad are very busy with their Dentistry that they spend much of our Christmas Holiday at a yearly convention. For the last four years it’s just been me and Helen and who ever is her boyfriend that year for Christmas. I’m sorry I never told you … I just thought … I didn’t want you to worry about me … with everything you have on you anyway, and …” she rambled on, not noticing Harry had gotten up and was making his way around the table toward her.

“Hermione,” Harry said surprising his best friend, pulling her into a hug, “Don’t worry about me worrying about you, ok?” He whispered into her bushy hair, “I don’t mind worrying about you at all, I do it anyway.”

“So you’re not mad at me for not telling you about my parents?” Hermione asked hopefully.

“I’m a bit disappointed you didn’t tell us the truth about your holidays,” Harry said pulling back, but still holding the girl in his arms, “But I know what its like to not enjoy talking about my home life. Just don’t keep anything from us at least me anymore, ok?”

Harry waited for a nod before he let her go and returned to his seat to finish his breakfast.

The three ate in silence when Helen finally spoke up, “So Harry,” she started, looking innocently into his emerald eyes, “ever had sex with twins before?”

-----

Hermione laid awake staring at her ceiling later that night. She glanced to her left and saw a picture of herself, Harry, and Ron early forth year. It was so much simpler then, they were three best friends, no more no less. “Damn hormones,” Hermione cursed, rolling over and shoving her face into her pillow.

Most of Hogwarts always looked at Hermione as the naïve bookworm of the ‘Golden Trio’, the girl who thought sex was only the term for gender. She wasn’t as naïve or withdrawn as many thought. As with everything else she’d been interested in she’d done an intense research endeavor on the subject, and thought that she knew as much as she possibly could without experiencing the actual act. And majority of her fantasies has involved the very boy who was in the room down the hall from her now.

Hermione flopped around again to lie on her back. Her sister’s words returning, she had no doubt she wanted Harry, she had since the beginning of their last year. The question was should she act on them and if she did how would her best friend react. There was so much at stake. They could be so much more then friends, or it could all be destroyed.

Looking at it another way, Harry needed her, but after what she seen of his problem, friendship didn’t seem to cut it anymore. Hermione had no problems whatsoever becoming his girlfriend. Even Ron seemed to suggest it during their break up. Studying Harry’s problem, Hermione came to the conclusion that what Dumbledore said was correct, Harry’s transformations were triggered by his negative emotions, such as hatred and anger. And then it was easily reversed by positive emotions, happiness, joy, love.

Hermione could quite possibly give him more then enough love to stop him from ever changing again. The only catch was would he accept her love? If she offered all her love, all of her, would he embrace her or push her away.

She laid for several more minutes before glancing at the clock, five after twelve. It was now officially Christmas Day. Her and Harry were as close as friends could possibly go. And with the same courage she used on the day she went into the unknown of Platform 9 ¾ before their first year, Hermione climbed out of bed, and would take the only means she could think of to save her best friend. However much he wanted or needed, Hermione Granger was going to love Harry Potter.

---

Harry laid awake, staring at the ceiling when a soft knock came to his door, “Harry, are you still awake?”

“Hermione?” Harry asked, as he opened the door, “It’s after midnight, you should be sleeping. Is something the matter?”

“No … yes … no, I just want to talk,” Hermione finally decided and the two entered Harry’s guest room.

“What do you want to talk about?” Harry asked as he joined her on the edge of his bed.

“What’s happened,” Hermione gulped, “With your changes, and … between me and Ron.”

“Ok …” Harry said reluctantly.

“Harry, I just dated Ron because I … well, I was lonely,” Hermione started, and quickly held up her hand to silence him, “Hear me out. I know you and Ron both are my best friends and are always there for me, but a girl needs a bit more then that sometimes. And I just wanted someone who would be willing to hold me and comfort me a bit. Ron spoke up first, and thought it would might be fun and maybe I could make him mature a little bit. Fat chance I know but even I’m not perfect.”

Harry nodded, and she took a deep breath, “I mean, look at you and Cho last year. You were infatuated with her, and that was a better reason then why I accepted Ron’s request. At least you were dating who you wanted or thought you wanted to be with.”

“You … you didn’t want to be with Ron then?” Harry asked, and Hermione almost lost her nerve at the hopefulness in Harry’s emerald eyes.

“Right. I didn’t want to be with him, I wanted to be with another.” Hermione stated, “But … but he never showed any interest in me. But now the one I really care for needs me.” She said cupping his cheek in her hand, “He’s hurting and suffering. And whether he feels the same or not I want to be there for the one I love in any way he needs me to be.”

Hermione had wanted to say more but Harry’s lips pressing to hers stopped all rational thought. She gave a small moan as his tongue slide across her bottom lip and gave a gasp as his tongue invaded her own mouth.

Hermione pulled Harry down on the bed on top of her as they continued kissing and exploring one another’s bodies. Harry reluctantly broke the kiss, “Mione, if we don’t stop now I don’t know …”

“Harry, I’ve wanted this positively for well over a year,” Hermione breathed, pulling at his nightshirt.

“I love you, Mione,” Harry breathed before giving her a short kiss.

“I love you more,” Hermione smiled up at him and pulling him back down for a much deeper kiss.

---

“Exactly what do you want, Madam Umbridge,” Mrs. Weasley spat angrily. She was seated in the living room if the Borrow, surrounded by her husband and children. Across from her sat her son Percy and Ms. Umbridge.

“Just want to know if any of you have any information on this Hulk creature.” Umbridge said in a voice that made it sound like she might actually care.

“Why would we know anything about the Hulk?” Ron asked, crossing his arms and leaning against the doorway.

“I believe that the Hulk is actually a human, a young wizard who might have had an accident with a spell, potion, charm, whatnot. But the point is …” Umbridge said, putting on a sad face, and looking directly at Ron, “He’s hurting and suffering, it must be painful to change into that creature. There’s a good chance it could be one of your friends from school. Do you want your friend to suffer?”

“Even if we knew anything,” Ron spat, “You just want to kill him. And I’d rather die then help you, you fat toad!”

“I’m hurt, I know … I was hard on you all last year, but I … I was only doing my job,” Umbridge sniffed. She glanced up at him sadly, “I would only hurt him if that was a last resort I assure you. I only want to help him. If we can capture him, we can find a cure for whatever has happened to him.”

The living room was dead quiet. All eyes were on the floor, except Umbridge who was staring at Ron. Finally a timid voice spoke. “I know who the Hulk is …”

“GINNY! NO!” Ron snapped, his eyes turning to his sister in horror.

“She said it herself, she just wants to help him,” Ginny said, tears forming in her eyes.

“Go on, dear,” Umbridge smiled reassuringly.

“It’s Harry …” Ginny stated softly.

“Harry Potter?” Umbridge grinned.

“Yes,” Ginny nodded, avoiding all eyes.

“Harry Potter is the Hulk.”

To Be Continued…

Sorry for the long wait, this chapter has given me a great deal of trouble, but I finally fought through it, cut out the horrible parts, (originally had a smut scene between Harry and Hermione but it just wouldn’t work right) and now here ya go. I hope you enjoy the update. I decided to go a head and post but might update this again later with a beta read version. Enjoy and I’m deeply sorry for the long wait.

-C. Cowboy