Harry Potter: Endings

jms granger

Rating: PG13
Genres: Romance, Action & Adventure
Relationships: Harry & Hermione
Book: Harry & Hermione, Books 1 - 6
Published: 03/04/2007
Last Updated: 23/06/2007
Status: In Progress

The sequel to HARRY POTTER: BAD WOLF... Harry and Hermione are back and have a whole new world full of wondrous, and terrifying, adventures ahead of them...travel with the duo as they battle the known and the new, the hidden and open, and, finally find all the answers to all those questions...This is the conclusion to their adventures, full of laughter, tears and danger...I advise you to read the original before this, but its not completely necessary as i re-cap in the opening chapter a bit...hope you enjoy it...R&R

1. Genesis: Part One


Genesis: Part One

“Any ideas where to first?” Hermione asked after a few seconds of contemplation.

“Plenty” Harry said distractedly.

“And are you gonna choose one today?” Hermione teased.

“I got it!” Harry said spinning around in excitement and dropping to his knees before her.

Harry was now so close that he had both his hands on her legs, and Hermione felt her heart fluttering once more. It felt like an eternity had passes since they were last this close, within real touching distance of each other, and she wished that it would never end.

“This is something I've always wanted to see, but it was impossible in the other world” Harry said, his words dripping with anticipation as he removed his hands from her legs and stood up to walk over to the pensieve “maybe, if I'm super lucky, then maybe…”

“Are you going to share this with me?” Hermione asked eagerly.

“Nope” Harry said laughing as he pushed his wand up next to his forehead “it's a whole new world for you, so you'll have to wait to see it with your eyes!”

“A whole new world” Hermione said softly as she looked up at Harry from her chair. He was pulling the thoughts from his mind with a boyish grin that she had feared she'd never see again.

“And it's gonna be…” Harry said dropping the thoughts into the pensieve as he grinned at her, the twinkle going like crazy behind his deep green eyes.

“Fantastic”

As the words slipped from his mouth, and as the grey silver mist began to swirl slowly around the stone basin of the pensieve the world beneath Hermione's feet started to shake. Only it wasn't the world. It was the Ford Anglia.

As she closed her eyes and pushed backwards into the chair as support, a helpful tactic she had picked up during their visits, her mind started to wander slightly.

It had been a whole year since the first time she had done this, since she had begun her new life. Only a year since Harry had first entered, and changed incomprehensibly, her life forever.

She was, if her math was correct, about a month away from her twentieth birthday. She did the math quickly in her head and realized that if she was born in 1988, then the year ought to be 2007. But, as the crashing and thrashing of the Ford Anglia became harder and faster, she knew that that wasn't the date, and hugely doubted that where they were at this exact second even had a date.

Traveling through time often held problems like that, Hermione figured.

It was nearly a year ago since Harry had first pulled her away from safety as they were chased by animated plastic mannequins. And since then the adventures had only ever got weirder. The ghost haunting Shakespeare, or more in particular his plays. The Magicallds, desperate to escape their prison. The near death of every living thing on the earth countless times…

And one time where she, Hermione Granger, actually died.

Not the Hermione Granger thinking this right now, she told herself, but the Hermione Granger that belonged to Harry's world. Harry's birth world.

It was still hard for Hermione to get her head around that there were multiple worlds out there, that in the world she was in right now Harry had grown up, plagued by a dark wizard named Voldemort until Harry finally beat him, landing Harry in a parallel world. Her World.

And not even a week ago they returned here. To Harry's world. Where the war started, where Voldemort returned. Where this worlds Hermione, Harry's childhood friend, sacrificed her life so Harry could live.

“That was a lot bumpier than I expected!” Harry bellowed as the world stopped crashing and throwing itself.

The sudden still after so much excitement would have seemed spooky to most people, but not to Hermione. The Ford Anglia was her home, and she had never felt so safe anywhere before.

“But not bad for a test run?” Harry asked Hermione optimistically, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

“Not bad at all” Hermione said before asking slightly confused “what do you mean a test run?”

“I've never…used?... I guess that's the word…this Ford Anglia before” Harry said as he started to stroll towards her “I was half expecting it to explode mid…flight?… probably isn't the right word…”

Hermione laughed and started to stand up but Harry signaled for her to sit back down.

“Are we leaving or something?” she asked confused. Whenever they reached somewhere, wherever it was, Harry would usually sprint to the door, throwing it open in excitement.

“I just need to check something first” Harry said brightly as he walked past her and up to the main door of the Ford Anglia.

The Ford Anglia was as strange as anything else in Harry's life. It had been magically altered so that once inside it was the size of a very, very large mansion. In fact it was so large that even in a year she still hadn't been everywhere, and often found herself lost as she followed her path back.

Harry walked purposefully up to the door and went to grab the handle, but his hand stopped, hovering in the air and inch from the handle for a few seconds.

Slowly he took a deep, long breathe and pulled the door wide open.

“Excellent!” Harry almost yelled as Hermione tried to crane her neck to see past him, but by the time she had managed to rearrange herself in the chair he had slammed the door closed and walked back to her.

“What's excellent?” Hermione asked.

“Means the same thing as fantastic” Harry chuckled making Hermione roll her eyes.

Harry lifted his wand high and as if from nowhere a large cupboard appeared, which Hermione instantly recognized as Harry's general store.

“Are you going to answer?” Hermione said standing up and skipping over quickly to him. Her heart had started to beat faster as Harry started to act weirder, always a sign that an enjoyable trip was soon to come “what's so excellent?”

“Just the fact that I wasn't sucked out into space when I opened the door” Harry said brightly.

“What?” Hermione said in shock “did you think you might?”

“There was a chance?” Harry replied happily as he sorted through a drawer, occasionally stopping to put an item or two into his pockets “it's never happened to me before, but I hear it's quite nasty!”

Hermione shook her head and decided to let the issue go. Then something Harry said struck her and a smile forced its way onto her lips.

“Did you say space?” Hermione asked.

“Most certainly did” Harry said pausing his rooting through drawers to shoot her a mischievous grin.

Hermione's heart almost stopped beating, and performed the Tango.

She had been to many different times, seen many different people, but she had only ever been to space once before. That time though, on the Space Station Aguilera, the Apple Corporation had tried to murder her and Harry, as well as the whole of Planet Earth.

Hermione shook her head as she remembered these events. What was the chance of lightning striking the same place twice.

“So where exactly are we?” Hermione asked eagerly, her eyes traveling over to the door in excitement as if they had a mind of their own.

“Ooohh…” Harry said as he flicked his wand and the cupboard disappeared “I can't tell you that, it'll ruin the surprise.

His hand dropped down out of Hermione's eyesight and the next thing she knew his hand had engulfed hers, his fingers wrapping around hers.

Now her heart was literally dancing the Tango.

“So…” Hermione said as she quickly regained control of her vocal cords “you said you could never come here?”

“No I didn't” Harry said laughing “I said I had always wanted to see…this…I came here in your world”

“So, what happened?” she asked as the door got closer and closer.

“Well…” Harry started, but Hermione already knew what had happened just by his tone and let out a loud laugh, throwing her head back slightly as they carried on laughing “I was honestly minding my own business…not looking for any trouble what so ever”

“When trouble found you?” Hermione said, still grinning even though she had now stopped laughing “usual, I want to kill everyone on the planet so I can make loads of money type of badguy?”

Harry stood still beside the door as he looked upwards slightly before adding “I guess you could say that…it was this creature that tried, and almost succeeded, in draining my eyes of fluid so she could repair her own that was damaged by the sun”

“Completely normal then” Hermione grinned.

“But what's the chance of lightning hitting the same spot twice?” Harry said assuringly.

“You ready to show me this great surprise?” Hermione asked changing the topic. Harry's words were exactly the same to her, and she really didn't want to actually work out hat the chance of trouble really was.

Harry let go of her hand and took one step back, his eyes narrowing as he studied her intensely.

“What are you doing?” Hermione said slightly awkwardly as Harry continued his examination.

“I need to remember you exactly as you are right now…” Harry finally stopped staring at her and stepped back towards the door, his hand wrapping around the handle and slowly pulling it open “because after we see this…nothing is ever going to be the same again”

It felt like Harry had been lying. That the door really opened onto space and that they were now in a vacuum. Her breathe had been pulled completely and utterly from her lungs at the sight directly before her.

Gold and black were the main colors, but the seemed to hold the same place at the same time as they struggled for superiority.

A large dark circle, with a gold halo, floating outside the window was the sight.

“What is it?” Hermione asked, the breathe now back in her lungs “an eclipse?”

“Of sorts” Harry said as he stepped out of the Ford Anglia beside her, his eyes as intensely locked on the view as hers “look closer though”

Hermione followed his advice and gasped. The dark circle wasn't black at all, but only appeared that way due to being in the shadow of the huge Sun. Across the dark circle was patched of dark green and blue with specks of grey lining the continents.

“That's planet Earth?” Hermione said stepping forward again and resting a hand on the glass as if by getting as close as possible to the image she could somehow see it clearer.

“Planet Earth” Harry said. He was still standing next to her, his eyes glued to the miraculous sight.

“But why is the Sun so close?” Hermione asked.

She wanted to look at Harry, to check what he was thinking much better than just listening to his voice, but she found she couldn't. She felt that, however impossible she knew it to be, that if she looked away, even for a moment, then she would never be able to see it again.

She followed the continents, trying to find England or Europe or even America, but found that she couldn't find any country she knew. But that didn't matter. The sun was so close and the gold halo so brilliant and bright that even if she could see her house from here the sight couldn't be anymore beautiful.

Her eyes traced the edges of the Earth, clearly defined in all its brilliance, and she ran a finger along the glass, tracing the outline.

The sun seemed to be too close, and as she got to where about America Australia would be on a normal globe she paused and looked closer.

The ground seemed distorted somehow, with large dips and huge highs and the suns bright light seemed to be able to peer through solid earth at points.

Something wasn't right.

“When are we?” Hermione asked, her eyes finally pulling of the unnatural eclipse and onto Harry, demanding answers.

“To answer both your questions” Harry said slowly, still captivated by beyond the window “the sun is so close to the Earth because the year is five billion and a few hundred million”

Hermione stopped dead. The year was five billion and change? The idea, even to a year long seasoned time traveler like herself, seemed ludicrous. But the evidence was before her eyes. The Earths orbit had changed so much that now it spun, what seemed to be, barely meters away from the sun itself.

“Slowly, over billions of years, the sun has been expanding” Harry started, his eyes slowly pulling away from the Earth and onto Hermione “and the larger the substance the larger the gravitational pull…for example Saturn is large than the Earth and has many more satellites…”

“I get this” Hermione said impatiently. She wanted to hear Harry say the words she knew would be coming.

“Anyway…” Harry started again “the sun got bigger, and the Earth got pulled closer until…well until…today”

Hermione pulled her eyes off Harry momentarily to look at the sight once more. It was so beautiful, but now she could see fire and bright lights spewing around the edges, and she thought she could even make out huge craters littering the continents.

Her eyes went back to the clear green of Harry's.

“Hermione…” Harry said softly, a small, kind smile on his lips “it is now the year five billion three hundred and thirty seven million seven hundred and ninety eight thousand two hundred and nineteen at precisely…”

Harry stopped to look at his watch.

“Seven P.M…” Harry's voice stopped momentarily as he inched closer towards her.

“And by the end of the day…in less than five hours…” Harry said, his voice now nothing more than a whisper.

“The World is going to end”

*

Hey…hoped you liked that chapter…and welcome back all those people who have reviewed so many times, I hoped you liked it…as for any new people, hoped you liked it too!

In my opinion sequels should always be bigger, more dangerous and just all round more fun…and if you're like me on this, and if you liked the first one, then I can guarantee this wont let you down!

Ok, now I know I re-told a lot of the first one in this, but I felt it necessary, but from now on its full danger and excitement all the way…

And before you ask, there will be a lot more `romance' in this story (which by the way is definitely the End!)

Hope you enjoyed it…let me know what you think…

Till next time…

Jms Granger…

-->

2. Genesis: Part Two


Genesis: Part Two

“Hermione…” Harry said softly, a small, kind smile on his lips “it is now the year five billion three hundred and thirty seven million seven hundred and ninety eight thousand two hundred and nineteen at precisely…”

Harry stopped to look at his watch.

“Seven P.M…” Harry's voice stopped momentarily as he inched closer towards her.

“And by the end of the day…in less than five hours…” Harry said, his voice now nothing more than a whisper.

“The World is going to end”

Hermione breathed deeply, feeling the blood pumping around her body as she took a moment to really appreciate what had just been said.

Like any other girl born and raised in the 21st century she had always heard that the world was going to end one day, be it from an asteroid in ten years time or from another multiple calamities that seemed destined. But like any other girl born and raised in the 21st century she never expected to be standing there, watching avidly, as it as about to happen.

“The end of the world…” Hermione said, a small smile coming onto her face as she looked at Harry. There was no one in the world, past, present or future, that she would rather be here with “it's probably not going to wait for us…shall we get going?”

Harry looked at her amazed, she seemed to be taking the whole thing a lot better than he had when he had first arrived here. But then again he was very new to this way of life back then, more naive.

“Ok” Harry said brightly “there's a party thing going on through a few doors”

He held out his hand and Hermione instantly took it.

As he started to lead them towards this party, Hermione took the chance to look around. The room seemed weird, all the walls and floors were perfectly empty, all painted in an off white color. It seemed that, ultimately, minimalism had definitely won.

“So…” Hermione started as they walked out through the door and into a long corridor, painted in the same off-white color that was there in the first room “What exactly happened with the eye-monster thing?”

“Oh, nothing really” Harry said shaking his head “it wasn't really a monster…well she was a monster of a person…the millions and millions of years of inbreeding, an almost pure human”

“What?” Hermione asked confused.

“This is more than five billion years in the future” Harry explained “humans have changed a lot in that time due to evolution and cross species breeding…”

“Cross species?” Hermione interrupted him.

“Yeah” Harry said “five billion years is an awful long time, and we're not the only animal on God's green earth. For example Pixies evolved, like Darwin said they would, to flourish in the new environment, which was human owned”

“So they evolved to be able to mix with humans?” Hermione said, slightly worried at the idea of a full grown man having his way with a foot tall pixie girl.

“Kinda” Harry said weighing up his words before he said them “they evolved to actually be more human…they look more like us now, in the most part anyway, and then somewhere along that long line of evolution the two separate lines of animals became three, then four then when more evolved the numbers grew…”

“Please don't say we mixed with Ogres!” Hermione said laughing to herself.

“They died out” Harry said gently “seriously, five billion years is a lot longer than you can imagine, the future is like a different country”

“Where men have sex with animals?” Hermione said laughing.

“So exactly like Wales then” Harry laughed.

“So this woman?” Hermione asked curiously.

“She was one of the most pure humans in the world…except for New Earth anyway…” Harry started to explain “and she refused to leave the Planet even though everyone else already had. One day she looks up at the sun, which is way too close now for comfort, and her eyes melt”

Hermione stopped in her tracks for a moment as the image of melting eyes sprayed across her brain before she remembered that this woman had tried to kill Harry. She carried on walking, now a lot happier with what happened to the woman.

“So why did she want your eyes?” Hermione asked.

“To see” Harry said shooting her a puzzled look.

“I mean cant they just like…” Hermione scanned her brain for the right words “grow her some new ones?”

“Well they could” Harry said if with a evil little smile “if her families bigotry hadn't made them inbreed for so long”

“So there's benefits to Pixie love?” Hermione laughed.

They stopped at a door which didn't open automatically like all the others had. Harry whipped out his wand, waved it over the door and it popped open. Hermione wondered quickly how long it would be before she could learn magic like that.

“You forget about evolution, Hermione” Harry grinned “Pixies are hot”

“You're a guy sometimes” Hermione rolled her eyes “so what happened?”

“Her genes had been ruined by so much inbreeding and they couldn't get an accurate image of them to grow some new ones” Harry said grinning again as he remembered. This woman, whoever she was, hadn't made a great impression on him “so then she bumps into me, and her scans tell her that I was one hundred percent pure human and an adequate donor match, so she did the only thing she could do at that point. She decided she wanted my eyes. She ended up, well, ended”

“And they banned you from this station for stopping a homicidal eye thief?” Hermione said disbelieving.

Harry stopped in his tracks and looked at her, his face indignant.

“How out of order is that!” Harry said nastily before he started to lead them down the corridor once more.

“But if there's one thing I have learnt from my travels” Harry said admittedly “it's if you stop the guest of honor then they usually don't let you stick around for long”

“She was the guest of honor?” Hermione said laughing. Only Harry could go to the end of the world and get into this sort of trouble.

“Last human on Earth” Harry said as he stopped by a door and turned to her. He let go of her had slowly and he had a puzzled look on his face as if he couldn't remember taking it in the first place. Slowly he cleared his voice and said “We're here”

“Which is where exactly?” Hermione asked.

“The last gathering of people to watch the world end” Harry said “ready?”

Hermione nodded as Harry held out a hand and the door popped open. The two of them walked on instantly and looked around.

Hermione, a girl who had just seen the sun and the Earth fractions away from colliding, had to admit that she was impressed.

The room was buzzing with excited talk as if it had been any party she had ever been to, be it in 2007 or in 1066, but this time no one looked strictly human.

To her right was a man with three heads, each one uglier than the first and seeing as the first looked addly like a pig that wasn't saying much for the others. He had a small, fat body with stumpy arms, and was laughing loudly with a friend who Hermione couldn't see as he was dressed from head to toe in black.

To the left stood a group of three blonde, slim and incredibly beautiful women, each with tiny silver wings attached to their backs.

“Pixies?” Hermione asked and Harry nodded slowly as they took another step into the room.

“And who may you be?” a man said to her side. As she looked at him she was even more amazed. He was, in the only words Hermione had, a full sized speaking monkey, reminiscent of Planet of the Apes.

Harry, fortunately, seemed to be expecting both the talking ape and the question and produced his blank piece of `magical paper' and handed it over.

“Oh…” the man ape said impressed and gave them a little bow “its…amazing…that you came sir, ma'am”

Hermione shot Harry a look of suspicion which he only smiled at.

“If there is anything I can do, please feel free to ask” the man said.

“Why, thank you kind man” Harry said gently “but my friend and I like our anonymity”

“I understand, sir” he said with another sharp bow before he ran of through the crowd.

Harry took her hand once more and they started to wander carelessly through the crowd.

“I didn't know how select this party was going to be” Harry said brightly as he scanned each person here and smiled.

“So who are we?” Hermione said laughing.

“I made us owners of Zamthia 9” Harry said with a grin. Hermione shot him a questioning look so he added “the biggest, and most powerful, system in the known universe”

Hermione couldn't help but laugh. The last place they had been they were a boy everyone thought was lost and a duplicate girl, the place before that they had been a Doctor and his Nurse and before that they had been neighboring sheep farmers in Australia.

“Havent we done well for ourselves!” Hermione laughed.

“It's our hard work ethic” Harry joked.

Hermione looked around at the crowd again wondering if any of them were really the owners of Zamthia 9, but there was no way of telling. The person closer to her was less than a foot tall, only inches thick, and had a moustache almost bigger than his whole body.

“This is so weird!” Hermione said nudging Harry “all these civilizations coming from just one world…we were so born in the wrong time!”

“I guess so” Harry said happily “but they didn't all come from Earth”

Hermione stopped in her tracks, let go of Harry's hand and looked up at him in shock.

“Some of these guys, most probably, are what you'd call Aliens” Harry said laughing at her reaction.

“So Aliens are real?” Hermione said in amazement “all those crazy conspiracy theorists got it right?”

“The universe goes on for practically ever, almost infinite…of course life is going to be somewhere out there” Harry explained “life being anywhere near us is wrong, but as I've explained 5 billion years is a very long time”

“I guess it was bound to happen eventually” Hermione said, still slightly amazed as she looked around at the people.

“If you hang around for long enough, everything that could happen eventually will happen”

At that moment they both realized that the room had grown quieter and they saw that everyone was looking to one side of the room.

They saw the man, who also happened to be a sort of ape, step forward onto what appeared to be a stage and the crowd quieted down even more, only slightly whispering coming form it.

“May I take a moment of your time” the man said and the last of the whispering died down “thank you”

Hermione looked around at the assortment in the room. She had done some crazy things before but standing here, amongst these guests and aliens, ranked up there with the best of them.

“I am overjoyed to be introducing our guest of honor” the man paused and the whole room applauded “some know her as the great philanthropist she is, some know her as the greatest Planet Hollywood actress of this millennia…but you all know her as…”

The room quieted down as they stared in eager anticipation of the new arrival.

“The last human of planet Earth…” the man said, his voice bellowing like the ringleader at the circus.

Beside her she heard Harry groan as he mumbled the words oh, please don't.

“The Queen of the wonderful Planet Earth…” the man said even louder still.

Beside her Harry's voice had gotten louder as he repeated the word no several times like he was saying a prayer. He was now speaking so loud in fact that a small crowd around him were now staring at him instead of at the announcer.

“Miss Mady!” the announcer shouted at the top of his voice as he ran away from the stage and the doors behind him burst open to reveal a woman.

The woman was tall, unnaturally so, at about six and a half foot. But this didn't make her seem grotesque at all. Her face was perfectly proportioned and her long flowing dark hair seemed to swirl around her as if it was controlled by something other than air. And every limb was in perfect balance to her body.

Hermione could eve see her dark brown eyes shining across the room from this distance, captivating everyone who looked.

She was, even for Hermione to see, spectacular. Every eye was glued to her as she walked up to where the announcer had been standing, now smiling and waving to the crowd.

“That's her” Harry said, his hand pulling hard at Hermione's shirt.

“Who” Hermione said angrily as she looked at him.

“That's her” Harry said again “the monster!”

Hermione laughed, throwing her head back as she looked at the beautiful woman once again.

“She'd not a monster” Hermione said, still unable to stop laughing “she's amazing!”

“I don't mean she's a monster…” Harry growled, his eyes flicking up to the woman with a scowl “She's the monster!”

Hermione had stopped laughing as she realized Harry wasn't joking. But she still didn't really get what he meant.

“What monster?”

“The homicidal, crazy, eye thief, mad as a hatter, monster!” Harry said as he leaned closer to her.

Hermione definitely wasn't laughing anymore.

“But I can see her eyes” Hermione said, taking a step back and closer to Harry.

“So she didn't look at the sun in this world” Harry said impatiently “she's still a homicidal mad old monster”

“So what are we going to do?” Hermione said, inching closer to Harry “go and arrest her for trying to steal your eyes in a parallel universe?”

Harry paused for a moment, his whole body tensing as if he really wanted to leap forward and put her plan to the action. Hermione held out a hand to stop him.

“Because if we do that we'll be the one's arrested” Hermione whispered into his ear “before being carted of to the asylum”

Harry didn't stop staring at the woman for a few moments, but his body was untensing slightly. Then he took a step back, looked at Hermione and sighed.

“Your right as always” Harry said smiling softly “there's nothing we can do”

“That's not what I meant” Hermione grinned making Harry look at her confused “as you said, she's completely mad so she's bound to be up to something”

“So we take our time, find out what's going on and then…” Harry grinned “Stop her”

“My thoughts exactly” Hermione grinned back.

“Excellent!” Harry said overly brightly as he looked over and watched as someone handed Miss Mady a huge, overly elaborate bouquet of flowers “I say we mingle with the crowd and ask some questions?”

“Isn't there a ceremony or something?” Hermione checked.

“What kind of parties do you go to?” Harry teased “it's like a birthday…she gets presents, smiles a lot, cries towards the end and we all go home”

“Been to them” Hermione said as she remembered all the birthday parties she went to in School with overly excited teenage girls.

“I bet you were one yourself” Harry teased receiving a little punch in the arm from her.

“I have a quick question, if she's the Queen of this Planet, why is she called Miss Mady?” Hermione asked curiously.

Harry didn't respond at first but laughed under his breathe and rolled his eyes.

“She's a female activist” Harry said laughing again “in about 3 Billion AD female superiority really got to its height, and all women in power called themselves Miss in order to show the world that their not controlled by a man. I think it was her Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandmother that first changed the official title of the queen to Miss

“And imagine…” Hermione giggled “naming yourself Mad-y!”

“The only thing more fitting would be eye-thief McGee!” Harry laughed.

“You do have nice eyes though” Hermione teased “you sure she wasn't just an impulse shopper?”

“Shhhhhh!” a man, entirely painted in blue did at them, an annoyed expression on his face as he pointed back at the stage where Miss Mady was standing expectant.

“A Speech?” Hermione whispered to Harry.

“That's new” Harry said interested “if there's any mention of my eyes, we're splitting”

Miss Mady took a small step forward to the crowd, her stiletto shoes balancing on the edge of the stage as she smiled, and then went to speak.

“I thank every one of you for coming to this today” Her voice was soft and seemed to float across the room instead of traveling by sound “and Planet Earth thanks you as well”

She paused for a moment as she started to applaud the crowd. Soon the whole room was clapping as every eye was stuck on her.

“Planet Earth is dying, about to be murdered by the sun, and we have all gathered here today to pay our last respects, and to watch her pass away with all the nobility and kindheartedness she has shown all of us for so long” she paused and looked out at the windows at the Earth.

Hermione thought that the sun had gotten closer since she last saw it, and that was under an hour ago. But then again, a life might be full and fun, but the end always came for you, and in those last few moments came on aggressively, snatching you within moments.

“Philosophers from the beginning of time told of how every thing is balanced, how good and evil are always in contest, and how if something begins then ultimately it must end” Miss Mady spoke passionately and even Hermione, knowing her to be an eye thief, felt the hairs on the back of her neck standing on end.

“In our own time scientists, the new age philosophers, know the fact's of energy transference and how everything ends to become something new” Miss Mady spoke slowly.

The whole room seemed to inch closer as if ready for some sort of revelation. The whole room, apart from Harry who stood still, defiant with his arms crossed.

“But what if they were all wrong?” she said, her arms opening up as if ready to hug the whole room.

“Their not wrong” a new voice spoke. Harry's voice.

The whole room turned around and stared at him, confused and slightly insulted.

Miss Mady though was carefully examining him, a soft knowing smile on her face.

“And you are?” she spoke finally.

“Just a spectator” Harry shot back quickly.

She examined him again, slower, more cautiously.

“And why do you think their right?” she asked curiously.

“Because everything does end” Harry said confidently “I will and you will, this planet is like millions before it…this universe will end and one day even time itself will go”

“But just because something does” the woman said smiling as if Harry's words had given her victory “doesn't mean is has to!”

Harry looked at her, bemusement on his face as he watched her address the crowd once more. They were all staring back at her, evidently having been bored by Harry's objections and enthralled by her beauty,

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I beg your forgiveness, for I have led you here under false pretenses” she paused and seemed genuinely repentant.

The crowd looked around at each other, then at Harry, as if asking everyone what was going on.

“I have brought you all here to witness a miracle” Miss Mady said, a grin filling her whole face magnificently “Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight the world was going to die…but instead we will see a miracle… I give you the Genesis Project”

Everyone looked surprised, amazed even. All except Harry.

“Where for billions of years people have failed and thought it impossible, but we alone have now perfected it!” Miss Mady announced to the room.

The crowd no longer seemed like guests anymore but more like subjects of their queen as they watched her.

“By midnight tonight, in under four hours, we will launch it” she said, her voice getting louder, more excited with every word.

“Tonight will not be the death of our planet” Miss Mady paused and looked up through the window. The Earth was now burning faster and more viciously “the planet we love more than anything else in this universe…”

Her voice trailed of as she stood captivated by the image, a solitary tear falling down her cheek.

“Tonight will be the day I give it every lasting life”

Hey, so that's chapter 2…

Ok…Is Miss Mady (this one, not the real one) completely nuts or what? Does it sound like she's doing anything wrong? Is she just Mis-understood?

Well, all you have to do is wait to find out…

Hope you enjoyed it…

Till next time…

Jms Granger…

-->

3. Genesis: Part Three


Genesis: Part Three

The room slowly cleared, Miss Madys words still echoed in everyone's head.

“Tonight will be the day I give it every lasting life”

Hermione couldn't understand it, but she could feel something wonderful. As her eyes darted across the room to the window, as she saw the sun buring brighter, getting ever closer to the Earth as it scorched the surface, she could feel the most wonderful of feelings. Hope.

“Lets go somewhere” Harry said taking her hand in his and giving her a little squeeze, his cue to ask her to follow him.

Quicky Harry pulled her through the crowd, past faces she never thought she'd ever see. Past people who weren't human.

As she saw what could only be descrbed as a ball of fur about 3 foot wide she couldny understand what was so amazing about this. She had talked to ghosts of humans, traveled through time and even talked to things that weren't human, from Magicallds to demons. But none of those were called aliens.

She barely noticed as the door opened for them and Harry pulled her through into a medium sized room, large enough for a small, but enjoyable party. This room was once again completely barren of anything with texture or colour, a room where plain beige ruled again.

“All of those people are idiots!” Harry said in annoyance as he let go of her hand and tunred to look at her.

“Your only saying that because they kept ignoring your interruption” Hermione teased as she focused all of her attention onto Harry, not the hardest of tasks she had to admit.

“Wha-that's not it!” Harry said frowning “ok…maybe a little…but it doesn't change them beind idiots…rich idiots!”

“their rich?” Hermione asked curiously. She ahd just been in the company of rich aliens and didn't know if that made any real difference or not.

“insanely rich, rulers of worlds and pioneers of technology” Harry said tutting “you know how hard it is to get front row tickets to rock concerts…the end of the world is even harder than that!”

“I guess that makes sense” Hermione said acceptingly. She had decided the money didn't matter. Aliens were still aliens despite the contents of their bank account.

“Although, you'll be pleased to know, that thanks to my magic paper we're richer than those thickos” Harry said smiling for the first time since Miss Mady had appeared.

Hermione took a moment just to breathe it all in. She was in the year five billion, with Harry, and with what seemed to be an inpending disaster on the way. All was back to the way it should be.

“So…” Hermione asked as she looked about them to check they were alone before continuing “The Genesis Project?”

“Uh-huh” Harry said slowly with a grin.

“Is that a happy grin” Hermione said as she stepped closer to Harry “or a things-couldn't-be-any-worse-but-god-this-is-exciting kind of grin?”

Harry laughed loudly and turned around, looking throughout the room as if he was mildly interested.

“Oh, Hermione I'm hurt!” Harry said looking in horror at her “What do you take me for?...its definitely the second option”

“I feared it was that” Hermione groaned “you starting your tale then?”

Harry stopped walking around, turned and walked up to her, a curious look on his face as he surveyed her.

“What do you know of Genesis?” Harry asked.

“First book of the Bible” she remembered those long ago R.E lessons she had tried to forget since “God creating the world in 7 days and all that”

And all that!” Harry laughed “way to go in shortening the creation theory”

“Well it's not like the world was created in seven days” Hermione said dismissively.

“Well…” Harry said slowly.

“Oh, come on” Hermione said rolling her eyes “I've seen a lot of things, travelled through time and even met aliens, but if you tell me the whole world and everything in it was created in seven days I'm going home!”

“Well of course it wasn't literally created in seven days, but some aspects of the story are true…light came first, man coming last” Harry said as if he was still weighing up the argument in his own head “maybe the use of seven days is just a metaphor…you've travelled through time and so you know how hard it is to wrap your head around time, no think of people born ten thousand years ago wrapping their heads around Darwinist theory spread out over billions of years?”

“I get your point, but do you really think there's a God and a plan involved in all of this?” Hermione asked. She had never heard Harry talk like this before, usually he was the one for definite answers, understanding what strange things happened around them, and creating a plan himself. Ever clever and always the master of his own destiny.

“I'd love to say no, that it's as impossible as it sounds, but who knows for sure?” Harry said shrugging his shoulders “Maybe this universe was created by someone, and maybe, if you had to give that person or thing a name, you could call it God”

Hermione took a step back to inspect Harry. He still looked like Harry but he sounded different somehow.

“Enough about this creation theory” Hermione said shaking her head. She needed to get away from theory and onto reality “So Miss Mady is trying on becoming a God and creating her own world?”

“Well…” Harry started.

“Actually, before you answer that” Hermione said interrupting him before he could give his speech “what kind of name is Miss Mady?”

“She's a neo-3 billion-feminist” Harry said rolling his eyes.

“And what does that mean?” Hermione asked chuckling at Harry's face. It looked like he had eaten something incredibly sour and was desperate to spit it out over himself.

“A neo-feminist” Harry answered still scrunching up his face “around the year 4 billion and change the feminist movement reached it peak and with artificial insemination becoming as easy as popping down the shops to buy a loaf of bread it didn't look like stopping any time soon”

“So she doesn't have a father?” Hermione laughed “That's not surprising, she does seem like a bitch”

“I think the terms Neo-Bitch” Harry teasingly corrected her “and with the world election being won by a landslide by women every 4 years a family eventually became the hereditary rulers of the planet, which really means the Queen…and they adopted, very feministlty named, the title miss

“So Miss Mady is Queen of the World?” Hermione asked amazed.

“Technically, but not really” Harry laughed “her ancestors definitely were, her mother probably even counted, but she has no subjects. And a Queen without any subjects is just a woman with a gold hat”

Hermione couldn't help herself but laugh picturing the Mad Miss Mady sitting on her throne, looking exactly like Queen Victoria. But Queen Elizabeth would never try to steal someone's eyes.

“So, Miss Mady is a barking mad Queen of the World” Hermione said as she processe d all of this information “now what's this Genesis Project?”

Harry sighed deeply as if preparing himself for a moment.

“Where to start” Harry said shaking his head.

“The beginnings usually the best place” Hermione teased with a smile.

“Ok…” Harry beamed at her “you covered the real beginning brilliantly with `and all that'

“Thank you” Hermione smirked.

“So…I guess it starts with the Terrans…about the year three billion their sun imploded and their planet was being sucked into the black hole that was created, and with it one of the greatest civilizations of all time was close to disappearing in the blink of an eye” Harry explained as he smiled to himself “Can you imagine it? A world of incomprehensible beauty and art, to be destroyed by nothingness just because it was in the wrong place at the wrong time?”

“Couldn't they move?” Hermione asked seriously.

“A whole planet?” Harry laughed “There isn't a removal company big enough for that job!”

“So what happened” Hermione asked dreading the answer.

Harry paused as his eyes scanned the room once more. Hermione figured he was either trying to check they were alone or was buying time as he thought. Or, ultimately worse, both.

“No one really knows” Harry said finally, his eyes avoiding Hermione's “It's the greatest mystery of all time”

“What do you mean by no one knows?” Hermione asked “they must know something”

“What is known is only confusing” Harry replied quickly “and you don't want to bother hearing it”

“Try me” Hermione said slightly insulted.

“Ok…” Harry replied as quickly as ever “The Terrans knew their time was running out so they tried, naturally, to come up with ways to…”

“Not disappear down a black hole” Hermione finished for him.

“Exactly” Harry continued “but the problem was that all known science pointed to the fact that it was impossible…so they started brand new, cutting edge, beyong all known theory science”

“And they named it the Genesis Project” Hermione said softly

“I guess your not just a pretty face” Harry teased

“Ha ha” Hermione said sarcastically “and this is what Miss Mady is doing now?”

“It sounds like she thinks she has” Harry conceded, worry lining his words for the first time.

“If the Terrans did it why couldn't she do it 2 billion years later?” Hermione asked.

“Now that's a brilliant question!” Harry said looking impressed at her which made Hermione blush slightly “but your missing one major point…the Terrans didn't do it”

“What?” Hermione said, her mouth almost hitting the floor “You mean they fell into the…”

“No one knows for sure what happened, that's the mystery” Harry leant closer to her as he usually did when he was into explaining things like this “The Terrans, just a random day 2 weeks before they were supposed to fall into the black hole, just…disappeared”

“What do you mean dispappeerad?” Hermione asked sceptically.

“Gone. Vanished. Kaput” Harry said smiling “all radio waves just stopped and when ships were sent to investigate they found nothing…the planet had just disappeared”

“How can a planet just disappear?” Hermione asked.

“If people knew that then it wouldn't be a mystery, would it?” Harry teased patronisingly.

“Do you think it fell into the black hole ahead of schedule?” Hermione asked nervously. A whole planet full of people just disappearing. A whole planet full of people dying.

“That's one theory, and there's some pretty good, but really boring maths, that backs that theory up. But…” Harry said slowly.

“Maybe the Genesis Project worked?” Hermione said amazed.

“Exactly” Harry suddenly shouted loudly making Hermione jump, a wide grin was spread across his face as he smiled down at her “Lets find out what's going on so we can stop it”

“What?” Hermione said bemused.

“What?” Harry shot back equally as bemused.

“Why would you stop it?” Hermione asked.

“What?” Harry replied lamely, still confused by this turn in the conversation.

“If Miss Mady has found a way of stopping the world from dying, why ever would you stop her?” Hermione was purposefully talking slowly and calmly, trying to pull Harry into a debate rather than just making him go on a rant was a fine skill that she was only just starting to learn.

“Because…” Harry said looking in deep thought for a second before replying “It wasn't supposed to happen”

“In the other world it wasn't supposed to happen” Hermione countered quickly “but as you keep telling me the two worlds are completely different”

“Well I was an idiot” Harry shot back hotly.

“Yes you were, but this time you were right” Hermione smiled “in this world Miss Mady still has her eyes and isn't after yours, that shows the worlds are different”

“But it also shows what kind of a person Miss Mady is” Harry shot back “or have you already forgotten the story of attempted eye-thievery?”

“That wasn't her” Hermione said flatly.

“Trust me, it was” Harry said determinedly.

“Trust me, as a person in a world which already ha…has one Hermione Granger that she isn't the same” Hermione said. This comment seemed to work for a moment as Harry's eyes misted over slightly as he looked at her for several seconds.

“This world only has one Hermione Granger now” Harry said, his voice breaking slightly “and I think one Miss Mady is one too many”

“But what if this was supposed to happen and you alter time?” Hermione asked desperately.

“It wasn't supposed to happen” Harry replied confidently with a little shake of his head “there's no way the universe or fate would let that…woman…achieve the Genesis Project!”

“Are you sure you're not jealous?” Hermione teased hoping.

Harry threw his head back and his laughed bounced of all the walls and filled the room and for a moment Hermione laughed to.

“Definitely not jealous of her” Harry said as he started to control himself again “but the point still stands, she could never have done this…and if she has, well then I have to stop her because it's not natural”

“So what if she's cheated or manipulated her way to this point” Hermione asked seriously “she wants to save the Earth from dying. That seems a pretty good deed from my point of view”

“Everything has a time to end” Harry said quietly “even planets”

“But what if it didn't have to end, what if it could carry on forever” Hermione said eagerly.

“Things need to end so something can replace it” Harry explained, he seemed to be getting angrier and angrier by the second “as King Mustafa once said, it's the circle of life

“I always wondered why the antelope really had to die” Hermione said shaking her head. This caused Harry to laugh despite himself, and when he finished Hermione could tell he was softening.

“Hermione, dearest time travelling companion…” Harry said in a fake soft lovey voice “I think my little brain is overfilling from discussion about God, Genesis, eye-thievery and Disney classics…can we please find out what exactly is happening so we can stop it?”

“I'm not going to help you” Hermione said firmly. However the butterflies fluttering through her stomach at the idea of not agreeing with Harry told her that her heart wasn't into the idea and only her pride kept her going. Her pride and her memories of home, of Planet Earth that was on the verge of death.

Harry looked at her amazed. His eyes had opened and his jaw had dropped so it hung by itself as he starred at her. Several very long seconds passed before he blinked, closed his mouth, gave his head a little shake and took a step closer to her.

“Fine…” Harry said, his face softening as he shrugged “but when Miss Mady holds that proverbial scalpel over your eye…expect to hear the loudest I told you so of the whole of history”

“If that happens, then I wouldn't expect anything else from you” Hermione laughed.

Harry turned to walk away suddenly but Hermione held out a hand and pulled him back.

“Where are you going?” Hermione asked as she came face to face with him.

“I'm going to find out about this Genesis Project” Harry said before quickly adding “don't worry I'm not going to confront her…yet”

“Good” Hermione said softly “I think I'll go talk to some aliens”

The two looked at each other and laughed for a few moments. A natural still eventually came over them as they prepared to walk away from eachother, and however small amount of time they were to be apart it was still hard to take that first step.

“Be safe” Harry said with a soft smile.

“I will” Hermione replied. Her pride felt like giving up, like following Harry as he confronted Miss Mady. But she had her own idea on what must be done. Her own plan to follow through with.

Hermione turned to leave, but stopped in her tracks. She turned to Harry once more and leant up, pressing her lips hard against his cheek, feeling his smooth skin against the corners of her lips.

She broke the kiss almost instantly, nervous of his reaction. And even more worried that if she hadn't stopped, she might carry on forever.

“You come back to me in one piece” Hermione said, her heart hammering in her chest.

And she turned on her heel and stepped towards the door that automatically opened for her to a room full of excited chattering people. But she hadn't gone to talk to aliens as she had told Harry, but to talk to another human.

Miss Mady.

*

Hey. I hoped you liked that chapter, I know not much happened, but I need some Harry Hermione interaction early on to set the scene.

Next thing, I'm sorry for taking so long to update this story. I think it must be a month or so now. My best friend gave birth to a baby, Imogen Alice 8 pounds 8lbs, and that's been a lot of work and also smiles. Plus my brother had a project for University where he had to produce a pilot episode for a Television show. So for the last month I've been writing that script almost daily. A LOT of work! It's turned out well and he'll be shooting it in the summer. I know it's only a university project, but it's a real thrill to know your words and ideas will get turned into something, even if not many people will see it.

Anyway. Baby takes up time, but script is over now, so you can expect more quick updates from now on.

Till next time…

Jms Granger…

-->

4. Genesis: Part Four


Genesis: Part Four

Harry watched as Hermione left the room to the gentle whooshing noise of the doors, the skin on his cheek burning bright from the after effects of Hermione's kiss.

In his mind he had three options what to do now. The first was to go and confront Miss Mady, and from how arrogant and confident he knew her to be he would bet that she would divulge her whole plan pretty quickly.

The second was to go for a little walk, to look for anything strange and just to make sure he asked the right questions at the right time. His usual strategy that rarely let him down.

And the third option was to run after Hermione, forget about Miss Mady and whatever she had in plan and just spend the day together having fun.

Well the first option was out as he promised Hermione he wouldn't. As for the last of those options, he was still Harry Potter and however much a fun day with his friend sounded he just couldn't bring himself to look the other way. So, he accepted as he sighed, the second option was the clear winner.

Harry put his hand in his pocket to check for his wand, a nervous reflex he had developed over the years when preparing to walk into danger. It was there, and with one last look out at the door Hermione left from he turned on his heel and left towards the other exit. Towards the workmen's exit where he could tell answers awaited him in the running of the ship.

*

Hermione heard the door shut behind her with a whoosh and looked at the busy room in front of her and found that she still was as amazed by the sight as she had been when she had first entered. Aliens of all heights, sizes and colours were chatting away with each other and laughing at each others jokes.

“Why, aren't you a pretty little thing” a voice said next to her. Hermione turned to look at who had spoken these words and smiled with the weirdness of the situation, for the man was two foot tall and entirely pitch black with two large white as snow eyes the only discernable features.

“Thank you” Hermione said as she flashed him a smile.

“My name is Lord Gattenburg” the man said as he held out a hand which Hermione shook “and what is your name?”

“Hermione” she answered brightly to this pleasant man “Hermione Granger”

“Of the famous Health Drink Grangers?” the man asked curiously.

“I doubt it” she laughed “although I wouldn't guarantee I wasn't”

“Ah, relatives” the man said with a soft chuckle “realities are like money…it seems to be everywhere but after a while you're never too sure where it came from”

“I don't think I have that problem with money” Hermione laughed as remembered the small dingy, but cosy, flat she grew up in.

“Alas” the man said with a mock sigh “maybe it's just my curse!”

“Not the worse curse to have though” Hermione shot back.

“If you don't mind me saying so but I find you most peculiar” Lord Guttenburg said as he examined Hermione closely. She was peculiar? Amongst this group? She couldn't help but laugh.

“How so?” she asked as she calmed herself down.

“We are in a room of the richest people in the known universe, all of which are discussing ways of adding yet another trillion to their bank accounts” he spoke softly, taking his time with each word as he weighed them up “and you appear to be simply here for…a day trip”

“So your not just a pretty face” Hermione laughed and she was sure that if Lord Guttenburg wasn't entirely pitch black that she would be able to see him blushing “but I am here for more than just the view”

“Really?” he replied quickly, frantically even “please tell me…I would love to be entertained by something other than just the tired words of the rich”

“Um…” Hermione said as she thought quickly of the repercussions of telling the truth “Ok…what do you know of the Genesis Project?”

Lord Guttenburg gave a loud laugh as stepped closer to her.

“All the same myths that every man, woman and child has heard” Lord Guttenburg said with a smile “planet about to be destroyed, disappears…the man in black… radio tran-”

“Man in black?” Hermione interrupted. Harry hadn't mentioned this piece of information and her heart jumped at the idea that in this world something else had happened to the Terrans.

“The man in black, surely you know of him?” Lord Guttenburg said in amazement “he appeared the day before the planet disappeared…a single image shows his existence, standing next to the Terrans as they huddled together outside of Congress”

“A man in black?” Hermione said thinking as hard as she could.

Hermione could think of only one explanation, that someone had survived, that this man in black had held the secret of the Genesis Project and that Miss Mady had learnt the secret.

“What do you know of Miss Mady's Genesis project?” Hermione asked quickly as she desperately seeked a missing piece of the jigsaw that would lighten the entire picture.

“Why don't you ask her yourself?” Lord Guttenburg said brightly as he pointed behind Hermione Granger “She's coming this way”

Hermione spun around and saw her, Miss Mady eyes were staring straight forward as she pushed her way determinedly through the crowd.

Towards Hermione.

*

“Oh!” Harry said loudly as he held a hand out against the computer terminal, feeling his way like a blind man did with brail “Oh! This is beautiful!”

Harry was amazed at what he was feeling, how well this was all hidden. No one except a hand full of people in the history of time would have realized what he felt. Luckily he was one of those handfuls.

“What are you doing…” A man said from beside Harry, dressed in blue overalls and a hat. Harry could tell he was a maintenance man so he smiled brightly at him. Maintenance men rarely tried to kill Harry.

“Just marvelling at this” Harry said brightly as he withdrew his hand from the machine and looked around “I've so got to show Hermione this!”

Harry looked around and wondered how far away he had walked from where the party was happening, where Hermione must be at this moment. He had walked through three long corridors finding nothing but horribly empty beige walls, caught two elevators and crossed through a large observation deck to get to where he was. He figured he was about fifteen minutes away from Hermione which didn't allow him to go and get her and get back in time.

“Show her what, sir?” the man said impatiently.

“This computer, but I don't think she'll make it after all” Harry said sighing, since he had begun his travelling with Hermione when he was investigating alone he found himself disappointed not to be sharing it with her.

“That's probably for the best, sir” the man said with a small smile.

“Why?” Harry asked confused for a moment.

“This areas not too safe, sir” the man replied as he looked down at his shoes.

“Not safe?” Harry said raising an eyebrow “Is the beige a killer?”

Despite the look of worry on the mans face he forced out a laugh at Harry comment.

“It's Miss Madys favourite colour” the man said with a grin.

“So what do…hang on, how do you know that?” Harry said quickly, pieces of the jigsaw falling into place to form a not too happy picture.

“I work for her” the man said looking at Harry in confusion “we all do”

“Oh…” Harry said as he stopped moving and looked around. Every wall in this place had been painted Miss Madys favourite colour and this could only mean one thing “This ship belongs to Miss Mady, doesn't it?”

“Of course, sir” the man said confused further.

Harry groaned. Now the computer stopped being beautiful and amazing and dread poured over Harry as it all started to make sense.

“How come you didn't know that?” the man said inspecting Harry as if he held him for a crime “Who are you?”

“That doesn't matter now!” Harry said quickly, the adrenaline he lived on was already pumping through his body, his heart was beating quicker and the cogs in his brain was spinning so fast he was amazed it didn't fall “You have to take me somewhere, immediately”

“What?” the man stammered out “Where? Why?”

“You missed out `when' and `where' on your questions” Harry said quickly “but I'm only going to answer one…we need to go to the engine room, right now!”

Harry spoke with such force, all his passion leekinig out. The clock was against him and he couldn't waste this time spelling things out to anyone, let alone a mild mannered workman.

Harry watched as the mans old battered face looks momentarily dazed and Harry knew his words had worked.

“This way” The man said “It's on the bottom floor”

*

Miss Mady walked quickly up to Hermione. A smile was painted on her lips but her eyes showed that she was curious.

“Why, isn't it the friend of that rude man” Miss Mady said as she held out a hand for her to shake and then for Lord Guttenburg.

“Rude man?” Hermione asked as pleasantly as she could, breathing deeply to keep herself calm.

Miss Mady, up close, appeared to be closer to nine foot tall, and the five foot odd of Hermione's frame was never going to beat her if it came to a fight. Hermione had to use her wits and her experience of these situations to walk away unscathed and to find out what was really going on.

“That dark haired man who kept on trying to interrupt me” Miss Mady beamed down at Hermione “very peculiar”

“How so?” Hermione asked curiously.

“Witnessing a miracle isn't supposed to bring out malice” Miss Mady said.

“Harry doesn't put much faith in miracles” Hermione shot back.

“Harry…” Miss Mady said, her eyes closing momentarily as if she was committing that name into her memory for life.

“Doesn't really matter” Lord Guttenburg said inching closer to Miss Mady who hadn't even realized he had spoken yet “no one could tare their eyes from you”

Miss Mady paused and finally looked away from Hermione and onto Lord Guttenburg, the look on her face seemed like doing this was almost sickening for the woman.

“Lord Guttenburg, thank you for coming today” Miss Mady said smoothly “I was just speaking to your friend Admiral Addicott and he wishes a word with you…that's why I came over”

“Oh” Lord Guttenburg said, his voice noticeably dropping as he groaned “I guess it's true what they say…no free time for the wicked or for businessman”

With a small bow to the pair of them the two foot man wobbled of across the room. Hermione was mildly curious to see who Admiral Addicott was but she had bigger questions on her mind, and the woman who could answer it stood in front of her, seemingly eager to talk.

“It's a wonderful party” Hermione said with a smile as she looked up at Miss Mady.

“It's the dull rich” Miss Mady said bored as she surveyed the room “A catastrophe of society is that the more money you have, the less room is left for conversational skills”

“So why did you invite them?” Hermione asked deliberately trying to keep any accusation out of her tone.

“A million and one reasons” Miss Mady sighed “the death of a planet isn't big news, but so many of the rich and powerful under one ceiling, that's front page…and I refuse to let this planet…my planet…disappear without anyone knowing”

“But it's not going to die” Hermione said quickly “Isn't that the point now?”

“Yes it is…” Miss Mady said slowly shooting Hermione a penetrating glance.

“So why invite these people” Hermione asked as pleasantly as she could. Being so civil under these circumstances was harder than she could have imagined and she suddenly felt a keen appreciation of why Harry often snapped and turned rude in these situations.

“To verify the working of the Genesis Project” Miss Mady shot back shortly.

“Isn't the fact that it's not going to die proof enough?” Hermione said, forcing out a friendly chuckle as she spoke.

“All these questions…” Miss Mady said, her voice seemed to be slightly higher as she looked down at Hermione who just tried to smile back as nice as she could “You sure have a healthy amount of curiosity, don't you?”

“I'm just interested in…” Hermione froze for a second worried that the word `healthy' could be a threat, but she had more immediate problems at hand. What kind of science or anything did she know in the year 5 billion to be able to bluff her way through this? And then it hit her “…I'm interested in Time Flux Capacitors”

“Time Flux Capacitors?” Miss Mady said raising one eye brow at her “I don't think I've ever heard of any such science…please could you explain this to me”

“You wouldn't be interested” Hermione said as nicely as she could but Miss Mady still shot her with a penetrating glance.

“I'm interested in anything and everything that I know nothing about” Miss Mady said with a little soft laugh “as is generally the way with human nature”

Hermione paused momentarily, what Miss Mady had just said sounded just like something Harry would say in the same situation. And this could only mean one thing. Miss Mady was suspicious and digging for information.

“Oh…it's…” Hermione stuttered slightly, she would have to lie at her max to fool this woman “it's a new type of science pioneered by a…Doctor Emmett Brown and Marty McFly…it's about…temporal abnormalities and how you can stabilize them enough to push through the space in between time”

She couldn't help but feel impressed with what she had just said, and how fast and believable she had been, even if she had stolen the material.

“Interesting” Miss Mady said slowly with an unreadable expression “very interesting”

“I like to think so” Hermione said with a smile again.

She had weighed up Miss Mady and knew there was no way she could stop her, so her best chance was to appear as innocent and non-threatening as possible.

“And you're interested in the Genesis Project because…” Miss Mady said slowly, thoughtfully “…ahhh, I get it…the amount of power used to stabilize this New Earth would require an incredible amount of power and precision and your wondering if the techniques are transferable to temporal abnormalities?”

“Yeah, that's it” Hermione said gratefully, this was going better than she could have hoped “and any other things we can use for our research”

“Industrial espionage is still a crime” Miss Mady said slowly taking a step closer to her.

Hermione could feel her heart beating faster but she held the smile on her face.

“I know” Hermione said, her face was starting to hurt after smiling for so long “so that's why I have been ordered to come and talk to you directly…to see if we can strike up some sort of a business arrangement”

“A business arrangement?” Miss Mady said taking a small step back and staring at Hermione in confusion “Why would either of us enter into such an arrangement?”

“Because controlling temporal abnormalities has huge financial benefits” Hermione was talking as fast as she could, the words slipping out before she really knew what she was saying “and as you have no experience in the field and as I represent the pioneers of this science its ideal for you”

“And why would the pioneers need me?” Miss Mady said slowly. Hermione knew she was trying to sound sceptical but she could she her pride shining through. And a mad woman with pride was a terrifying thing.

“You appear to have completed the Genesis Project” Hermione said playing to Miss Madys pride “a feat that no one else has achieved for 2 billion years of trying”

Hermione knew this had worked as she saw Miss Mady stand up straighter, head forward with a grin on her face.

“Follow me then” Miss Mady said quickly as she started to turn away.

“Where” Hermione said quickly.

“A busy room full of the rich and powerful isn't the place to have a talk about business” Miss Mady said her eyes shooting across the room. Hermione noticed that they were attracting quite a lot of attention.

But leaving the safety of a busy room and going somewhere alone with Miss Mady seemed to close to the side of suicidal for her liking. But she couldn't see any choice, so with a deep breathe she stepped forward.

“You never know who might be listening” Hermione said brightly as she tried to get rid of all thoughts of scalpels and her eyes as they walked purposefully through the room towards the back door.

“Exactly” Miss Mady said as they stepped through the door to a new, slightly darker lit room.

*

Harry paused after taking a step out of the elevator and felt his jaw almost hit the ground at the sight before him.

“Now this…” Harry said stepping forward again deeper into the engine room “Now this I don't have words for!”

The ceiling was over a hundred foot and the room was easily twice that in length, and machinery filled up every single inch of room, barely leaving a walkway around it.

“Amazing isn't it?” the man said stepping next to Harry.

Harry couldn't tear his eyes from the machinery as his brain worked frantically, running through all his memories and knowledge to try and work out what exactly it was.

He stepped forward again and walked over to a large terminal, complete the obligatory flashing red buttons. Harry knew that as long as machinery had flashing red buttons he would always feel at home.

He held a hand out over the machine, slowly lowering it down centimetre by centimetre expecting a jolt of power at any moment.

And he wasn't disappointed.

In the flash of a second Harry found himself lying down on the floor, his head spinning and his limbs aching.

“What happened?” the man said panicky as he helped Harry to his feet.

“Not sure” Harry said, but this wasn't strictly the truth, he just needed time to comprehend something of this magnitude, and needed more information just to be sure.

“What is this ship called?” Harry asked quickly, he found that asking this question brought queasiness into his stomach that told him he already knew.

“It's the HMS Aguilera” the man said proudly “technically it's the eighth HMS Aguilera, but following a legacy is a great thing”

“Not this legacy” Harry said as he remembered his last encounter in the other world. Apple had tried to kill and enslave the whole of humanity, he and Hermione had been lucky to walk away with just the many cuts and bruises that had lined their bodies.

“You know the history of the Aguilera's?” the man asked curiously.

“I've been on a couple, and it's never ended well” Harry said making the man look confused at him “how big is this one?”

“Um…” the man said reeling slightly till he recovered himself “it…over fifty miles by 100 miles”

“Great” Harry groaned, another piece of information fitted his idea “how long has it been in service?”

“7 years now” the man said, he was now eyeing Harry with great suspicion, but Harry didn't really care at this point.

“And where was it built?” Harry asked.

“The Omega System” the man replied quickly. Harry was grateful that he had bumped into this man as he evidently knew his stuff.

“I'm guessing in the Persia System?” Harry said slowly.

“How did you know that?” the man said shaking his head at Harry for some reason.

“It's the brightest star within travel distance” Harry sighed. He knew he was right, but knowing this didn't really help.

He needed to act, to act fast and to be the hero once more. And all he had wished for was a peaceful day, and like everything else in his life it had spiralled out of control. But now wasn't the time for thought, now was the time for action.

He took a step closer to the man, he could feel his breathe rough in his throat.

“Do you know what this thing actually is?” Harry demanded as he turned to look the man straight on in the face.

“Apart from a ship?” the man asked confused.

“Obviously” Harry said shaking his head “but what does everything in this ship point to?”

“Huh?” the man said his eyes misting over slightly as he looked at Harry “who are…”

“Think of it” Harry said “The Queen of the World has such a love for the colour beige that she paints everything in that colour?”

“She always has a favourite colour” the man said shaking his head furiously “last time it was red…drives the painters crazy at times”

“And when did she suddenly get this love for beige?” Harry asked quickly.

“Um…a couple of years ago” he said scratching his chin.

“A couple of years?” Harry said in amazement “and where has it been positioned all that time?”

“Next to the Earth” the man replied.

“No!” Harry shouted loudly into the room, the sound echoing of all the walls “We're next to the sun! The second most powerful thing in the known universe!”

“That's the point” The man said shaking his head “the sun is going to destroy the Earth”

“Thanks to your mistresses Genesis Project it doesn't look like it” Harry stopped and breathed. She had actually managed it. It all made sense. But it wasn't the Genesis Project, it was a thousand times worse “This ship is one big, huge, gigantic Solar panel, painted completely beige to help trap the power from the sun…and you've been in orbit around this sun for years…”

“So what?” the man said dumbly.

“We are here to watch the sun die...” Harry said breathlessly, his mind running through ideas and plans as he spoke “because when that happens the amount of energy released by both the Earth and the Sun will be astronomical…equal to a black hole and you have enough machinery, too much even, to be able to store all of that energy in one go…and then…”

Harry stopped in his words, no plan was forming and just the acceptance of fate seemed to be left.

“And then what?” The man said as he held out a hand and pulled Harry roughly snapping him out of his trance.

“And then she'll reverse it” Harry said as he pulled himself out of the mans tight grip and turned away. Looking up at the huge machinery spinning and buzzing above his head his heart sank. He was so far away from Miss Mady, he had no plan and time was, for once, running against him.

“Which means?” the mans voice sounded lower, more brutal than it had before but Harry was too distracted to care.

“She'll reverse it and the Earth shall live” Harry said slowly staring up at the machine even more. Maybe if he closed down the machinery from this end it wouldn't be able to pick up the last surge of power from when the Earth and Sun finally meet. When the Earth will die. “And the sun shall die in it's place”

An ear splitting noise rocked Harry's world and he was thrown downwards almost instantly. The pain spread across his skull like fire as she felt his knees buckle. He tried with all his effort to reach his pocket but his arms weren't moving and before he could blink he felt that smash hard against the cold floor.

Whoever had hit him they had put a lot of effort behind the swing, and with the cold of cold blood falling down the back of his head he wished they hadn't got carried away and split it in half.

His face hit the floor with a crunching sound but the pain he already had from his skull dulled this pain to just a curiosity.

His eyes were misting over and going darker. He knew what was happening as it had happened so many times in his busy life.

And just before his eyes closed and his mind switched of he said a little prayer.

Please let Hermione be safe.

*

The doors closed quickly behind Hermione, so quickly in fact that her heart beat faster as it worried she'd be trapped in it.

“So, a business arrangement?” Miss Mady said spinning around.

“Yeah…” Hermione said slowly. Something was wrong, she could feel it in every cell of her body.

“And in exchange you want to know how the Genesis Project will work?” Miss Mady said with a fierce smile.

“And you'll get equal footing in the management of temporal abnormalities” Hermione said quickly. She knew something was wrong, that talking wouldn't help, but she also knew somehow that if she turned around she'd find that the door was locked.

“I…” Miss Mady said slowly, a beautiful but horrifying smile on her face “Shall explain then”

Hermione breathed a sigh of relief, maybe she had misjudged the situation, maybe Miss Mady wasn't going to attack her.

“The Earth is nothing but power, created from the burning hot core and from the rays from the sun…The core heated the water which create all life and the sun fed that new life till it grew to age…in human terms the core is the biological mother of all life, and the sun is its adoptive parents” Miss Mady said, she had turned and was now walking back and forth in front of Hermione “but the sun has turned against us, trying to destroy us as her enemy…in essence we are at war with the sun”

“At war with the sun?” Hermione said slowly.

“Yes…at war with the sun” Miss Mady said brightly “the sun started the war, tried to kill us as we looked the other way…but we've mobilized now and we will defeat it!”

“Oh…” Hermione said softly.

Harry was so going to gloat when he heard about this, about how mad this woman was.

“But to carry on living we need power…” Miss Mady shot her super model smile at Hermione as she carried on speaking “and where does our power come from?”

“The sun and the…” Hermione stopped. It all made sense “Your going to create a new core for the Earth”

“Our enemy will be absorbed and become our slave” Miss Mady laughed loudly, too prettily to be maniacal but still unsettling “and the Earth shall be reborn stronger than ever before”

“And you'll have the power of the sun to control” Hermione said slowly. Harry was, once again, definitely right. Everything had a time to end, and she just had to hope this wasn't her time.

“Now it's your turn” Miss Mady said sharply, turning to face Hermione. Miss Mady was a lot closer than she had previously been, now only a metre fitted in between them.

“What do you mean?” Hermione said trying to inch away unnoticed.

“Temporal mechanics is in essence time travel, which is very interesting to me” Miss Mady “and seeing as I get to ask a real life time traveller about it its even more so”

“What do you mean?” Hermione said nervously as she watched Miss Mady take a step closer to her.

“You, and your friend Harry are time travellers” Miss Mady said confidentially taking a large step towards her “did you honestly think I wouldn't realize? The magic paper, the old fashioned clothes, even your language…also you do carry abnormally huge traces of being pulled through the void, even for a time traveller…I believe you have been travelling for a very long time”

“A year” Hermione said quickly, the only thing she could do was keep her talking without answering any of her questions.

“A year? With that much void residue? Impossible” Miss Mady said shaking her head aggressively “If you lie to me again there will be consequences

“I didn't lie” Hermione said quickly.

“Then how have you got so much left over void on you?” Miss Mady.

“I stepped through into it” Hermione said quickly. If Miss Mady reached out right now there was no way she would be able to escape. She just needed more time and a better situation. A space to run into. Harry to return. Anything at all.

“You've been inside the void?” Miss Mady said in shock. She stopped dead in her tracks and starred at Hermione for several seconds before taking another step closer to her “I guess it doesn't matter much…there's only one reason time travellers would come here”

“And what would that be?” Hermione asked. Her heart was beating fast but she could feel the almost dizzying effects of adrenaline rush through her blood.

“To stop me” Miss Mady said with a simpering smile “but I won't let that happen”

Miss Mady took a quick step forward to grab Hermione but she was quick enough to fall backwards onto the floor and out of her grasp.

“You don't want to be doing this…” Hermione said as she got herself back to her feet with Miss Mady stepped closer and closer to her. Her already impressive height was even more intimidating when her eyes were focused so meanly on her prey.

“And why wouldn't I?” Miss Mady said, her voice light and questioning, sounding rational even though Hermione knew she was only seconds from being attacked.

“You wouldn't want to mess with my friend” Hermione said backing away slowly, inch by inch as she tried to put room between herself and Miss Mady.

“What could your friend ever do to me?” Miss Mady said throwing her head back and letting out a light girly giggle.

“Trust me you don't want to find out…” Hermione said steadying her voice “He's stopped people like you thousands of times…and it never ends prettily”

“Thank you for the advice” Miss Mady said as she stopped, barely a foot from Hermione's face and smiled before she shouted at the top of her voice “Tie him to the chair”

Hermione watched as the doors on the opposite side of the dark room opened with a characteristic whoosh and Harry was dragged into the room by a man.

His body was limp as he was thrown into the chair where he laid unmoving. Hermione's heart threatened to stop but reason told her he was safe, that he was still alive. For it made no sense in tying up a dead man.

“You're going to regret this” Hermione said bravely inching closer to Miss Mady.

“I'm Miss Mady, little girl” she said, their noses nearly touching as she lowered down to Hermione's height “and I regret nothing!”

Hermione felt the clod hard feeling of scaly fingers wrapping around her mouth as she struggled she realized at least half a dozen hands were wrapped around her from behind. She hadn't got close enough to the wall to stop being surrounded and hadn't taken her eyes off Miss Mady through threat of a lunge to notice them.

As she thrashed as hard as she could she tried to see what was holding her but her eye sight was already blurring. She must be being drugged.

As the darkness came over her the last blurred image she saw was of Miss Mady walking confidently up to the still body of Harry laying in the chair, and laying a hand on his face.

*

So that's chapter 4, and things aren't looking so great for the duo…

Will they survive? What is Miss Madys really plan? Will they both have their eyes by the next adventure?

Find out next time, till then…

Jms Granger…

-->

5. Genesis: Part Five


Genesis: Part Five

She smiled. Well, at least she thought she smiled, could feel her lips shape themselves into one but she had no idea who she was. The dream she had been having had been so good, had filled her so completely.

She had been home. She could remember her mother standing there, safe in their flat they shared. She had come back from somewhere, somewhere far away. Somewhere very far away. But she was home and safe. Along with…

“Harry!” she shouted out as she blinked her eyes open instantly. They hurt from the bright beige walls that seemed to surround her. She had to find Harry. Miss Mady had caught her and would surely be after him next.

“Alas! I got knocked out and caught!” she heard the familiar voice of Harry say from beside her. She spun her head so fast it felt like it nearly came of as Harry focused in front of her eyes. He was tied to a chair with what appeared to be thin strips of metal, just the one over each wrist. As she made to move towards him she realized she was constrained as well “But don't worry…Hermione's out there and she'll save me…”

Harry rolled his eyes at her but his lips gave her a small smile.

“Good to see you!” Hermione said quickly and honestly before she let out a little laugh. Only they could be pleased to see eachother in a situation like this.

“You safe?” Harry asked seriously, the small smile still playing on his lips.

“My head hurts a bit” Hermione answered “how about you?”

“Well someone smashed me over the head” Harry groaned more at being bettered than the pain “so not great”

“Where is Miss Mady?” Hermione asked quickly, wondering how long they had before she arrived.

“She's standing behind us” Harry said with a little backwards nod, as if he was trying to point his head in the other direction like he would with his hand.

“Very good” Miss Mady's sinisterly sweet voice came as the footsteps led in her appearance “How did you know?”

She was staring directly at Harry as if determined to find out all his secrets.

“You breathe loudly” Harry said and Hermione could tell he was desperate to shrug his shoulders for effect.

“I'm afraid that was my colleague” Miss Mady continued as she stepped out in front of them and smiled.

“Pretty sure it was you actually” Harry said in a mock polite tone.

“Ever the joker!” Miss Mady carried on smiling “I guess, that under the circumstance you happen to be in, that it should be commended”

“Thanks” Harry laughed shaking his head with each chuckle “commended enough o be realeased?”

“I'm afraid not” Miss Mady said with a sad little shrug “I'm afraid nothing can make you free anymore”

“Alas, we're doomed!” Harry said overly dramatically “so why have you gone through the effort of capturing us”

“Isn't it obvious?” she asked seriously “I desire to know what you know”

“Plenty of things” Harry said in a noncommittal tone “but not much of it would be of any use to you”

“You two…travellers…are being overly modest” Miss Mady said “I know more about you than you realize…what do you know of what is going on here?”

“That your trying to complete the Genesis Project on the Earth to keep it alive longer than it should” Harry said sternly as if he was telling of a young child for being rude.

“Then you've come to stop me?” Miss Mady.

“Why would I want to do that?” Harry said shaking his head “I don't get it?”

“What don't you get exactly?” she replied angrily as if Harry's question was purposefully stupid.

“Exactly?” Harry said with a low little whistle “Loads of things”

“Name some” Miss Mady commanded.

“You sure?” Harry said in disbelief.

“Definite” she shot back.

“Fine…I'll explain the things I don't get…” Harry said slowly as he took a deep breathe “for starters I don't get the whole split personality thing with Captain Jack in at Worlds End”

“Captain…?” Miss Mady blinked in confusion.

“Or how Dr Emmett Brown built a time machine in the Wild West…” Harry continued.

“Eh?” Miss Mady grunted.

“Back to the Future” Hermione explained.

“Or, to tell the truth, the vast majority of Donnie Darko” Harry said with a sad smile as if this was the bane of his life.

Hermione heard the crack but didn't see the blow. All she saw was Harry's head jerk forward and a spray of red mist shoot from the back of his head.

“Ow!” Harry shouted dramatically “what was that for!”

“He was mocking you, Miss Mady” a male, deep voice said from behind the pair of them “they were classic 20th Century films he was talking about”

“It didn't deserve getting hit!” Harry said indignantly as he scrunched up his face. Hermione could see his right hand stretching against the metal strip, little red lines of blood was pouring from her wrist.

“So you're from the 20th Century?” Miss Mady said with a smile.

Harry looked defiantly at her, his eyes almost shooting out fire in anger.

“If you don't answer, I'll hit the girl” the low deep voice said from behind them again.

“We are” Harry replied quickly, contempt in every syllable of his voice.

“I would never have guessed that” Miss Mady said as she ran her hand through her hair in concentration as she loomed over them “five billion years ago and you're as powerful as this?”

“Thanks” Harry said confidently with a defiant grin.

“I guess walking through the void, living there even for a few brief seconds charged you up some how…” Miss Mady said to herself.

“She knows about going through the void!” Harry said, slightly annoyed as he looked at Hermione.

“I was trying to keep her talking so she wouldn't attack me” Hermione said defensively.

“Ever heard of lying?” Harry said in disbelief.

“She seemed to know” Hermione shot back.

“So you had to tell her everything…just before you gave her your wand I gue…” Harry had begun to roll his eyes when a second crack echoed across the room as Hermione felt her head jerk roughly forward. A second later she felt the warmth of blood fall down the sides of her face.

“STOP THAT!” Harry shouted, his voice loud and full of fury “STOP THAT NOW!”

Hermione balled up her eyes to stop the tears of pain from leaking from her eyes, fires of pain spreading across all the nerves on the back of her skull.

“If you carry on acting up…” Miss Mady said leaning to within an inch of Harry's face “…He'll do it again”

Hermione could see through the edges of her eyes, through the tears, Harry gulp as he tried to hold back the comment he had on the tip of his tongue. Hermione had to be honest when she said she was grateful he controlled himself as another hit to the back of the head like the last one might just be too much for her.

“Can I say one thing?” Harry said after several long seconds passed.

“You can, and must, say many things” Miss Mady chuckled to herself “but thanks for asking permission…I allow it”

“The person behind me should leave” Harry said with a cold dangerous voice “because when I get out… and I will get out… I'm coming for him…”

Miss Mady threw her head back and laughed, the sound vibrating against all the walls as she looked down at Harry in amazement.

“You are simply incredible” Miss Mady said “so strong, so wilful, so irrelevant but yet…so dark”

Miss Mady stared down at him and lowered her face towards him.

Hermione's heart started to thunder in her chest as she thought that Miss Mady might be going for Harry's eyes. And although this fear wasn't acted out the one that was made her heart thunder and clash even more.

She watched as her lips pressed against his, her tongue forcing his mouth open as she plunged it into his mouth. Her hands running through his hair as she pushed her whole face, her whole body, into him.

“And that's Hermione after you when we escape!” Harry laughed as Miss Mady pulled away from him and took a step back.

“That's enough pleasure” Miss Mady.

“Not for me” Harry said under his breathe, his eyes shooting to the side in fear to see if that accidental comment had earned another hit but it hadn't for either of them.

“Now for business” Miss Mady said suddenly sounding very business like as she looked between Harry and Hermione “Why have you travelled here?”

“We just wanted to see the end of the world” Hermione said quickly.

“Do you really expect me to believe that?” Miss Mady said shaking her head angrily.

“Hoping, but not really expecting” Hermione said “but it is the truth none the less”

“So…you two travelled here just for fun?” Miss Mady said looking at Hermione closer.

“Yeah” she replied “we're just sort of tourists really”

“Such nonsense” Miss Mady said shaking her head dismissively “only one organisation in the history of the universe has the power of unlimited time travel”

“Oh, we're not any part of an organisation” Harry said rolling his eyes “I tend to get myself kicked out of them”

“You're…” Miss Mady said weighing up her words “freelance?”

“Something like that” Hermione smiled.

“And you come to see the death of Earth as what?” Miss Mady spoke slowly “a fun day out?”

“Not even I can count this as fun” Harry chuckled as he looked around the room.

“Really?” Hermione asked surprised. This sort of thing was usually Harry's favourite way to spend an afternoon.

“Definitely” Harry said to her “I really hate this woman”

“I get it now” Miss Mady said slowly staring into Harry's eyes “you've come from the future to stop me…”

“Why would I have done that?” Harry asked curiously.

“Because…” she spoke quietly “it worked…The Genesis Project worked!”

Harry looked at her for the longest time, his eyes shooting up and down her rapidly and Hermione thought that she could literally see the cogs turning in his head.

“Why would we want to stop the Genesis Project?” Harry asked. Hermione stopped at what she heard in his voice for the first time, fear.

“I get it all now!” Miss Mady said triumphantly “It worked…the Genesis Project…and I…I became a god…”

Miss Mady stopped speaking but Harry waited carefully for her to carry on, to give away a vital bit of information that he needed.

“And I took over the Galaxy!” she finally finished.

“Now, how could the Genesis Project allow you to take over a Galaxy?” Harry spoke quickly as he usually did when he ran the information over in his head “having the sun at the centre of the planet will give you power but not even on the scale needed to take over a few planets let alone a galaxy...unless…oh that can't be…”

Harry's eyes were wide as he stared at her, his forehead scrunched up in a look between fear and anger.

“You're going to compress the sun” Harry said, his voice sounding low and hollow.

“You're as bright as you are handsome” Miss Mad smiled evilly.

“What does that mean?” Hermione said eagerly. She didn't really understand the words but could tell by his tone that it wasn't good news.

“You're mad” Harry said under his breathe as he fixed her with a hard stare.

“There's a thin line between insanity and genius” Miss Mady laughed.

“What's happening?” Hermione asked louder.

“And you are clearly camped out waaaay over the border to crazy” Harry said meanly.

“Harry!” Hermione practically shouted “What is going on?”

“The Genesis Project used a sun to create a new core for a planet, effectively giving it ever lasting life” Harry said quickly, his eyes never leaving Miss Mady as he answered her question “but when Miss Mady wraps the sun in this planet, she's going to make the sun compress unto itself…”

“And?” Hermione said to make Harry continue.

“And at the core of the world won't be lava, or the light and heat of the sun but…” Harry spoke these words at a slow pace giving his words a certain warning feeling to them “will be darkness…and unlimited power…for with this she will become the most powerful person in the universe, a practical God…for a compressed sun, a dead sun, will become a black hole…and she will have that power to control, the most powerful phenomenon in the whole of time and space”

“Can you imagine it?” Miss Mady said, awe filling her words “A dying planet will become a God amongst the universe!”

“Hermione” Harry said turning his head in the chair and locking eyes with her for the first time for a while. His voice was lower and more serious now “I think this is the time I told you something”

“What?” Hermione asked. Her heart was beating faster in her chest at Harry acting weirdly and at all the possibilities of what he could be meaning “What is it?”

“It's just…” Harry said seriously before a wide grin flashed onto his lips “I sooooo told you so!”

Hermione threw her head back and laughed as loudly as she had done in days. This life of hers full of travelling and danger gave her precious moments of laughter and fun that far outweighed the rest.

“I was waiting for you to do that!” Hermione got out as she tried to stop laughing. In the face of danger she had seen so many people buckle and run throughout time, and only very few thrived like Harry.

“When we get out of here…” Harry started.

“How do you expect to survive without your wands?” Miss Mady interrupted angrily, the corners of her lips and eyes rolling inwards to create a menacing sneer as she held up both of their wands before them “Let alone get out of here?”

Instead of replying to Miss Mady's obviously teasing statement Harry shot Hermione a look.

“I only gave you that wand a week ago!” Harry said indignantly making Hermione laugh as she watched Miss Mady turn a furious colour of red “how can you be so careless!”

“I took it from…” Miss Mady started.

“I'm speaking here” Harry said, his voice low and threatening enough to stop Miss Mady from continuing. Slowly he turned back away from her and looked at Hermione once again “So…your excuse Hermione?”

“Um…” Hermione chuckled as she peered from the corners of her eyes at the now beetroot red face of Miss Mady “maybe I put it down somewhere?”

“Miss Mady does seem the kind of person to pick up litter” Harry said nodding to himself.

“Enough!” Miss Mady screamed, her voice rising almost unbearable “I stole it from her after I knocked her out!”

“Then that was the last mistake that you'll ever make” Harry said staring at her, eye to eye, unwilling to blink.

“Are you really going to threaten me?” Miss Mady said, her voice louder and squeakier than previously. Hermione couldn't tell if this was out of fear or the fact that she was amused by him. Either way it wasn't sounding promising.

“Not at all” Harry said shaking his head “Just giving you a warning”

“Meaning?” she said eyeing him carefully.

“Leave” Harry said forcefully “Leave this place, leave this ship and leave this world”

“Why should I?” she said leaning closer to him.

“Because in exchange for you leaving, so will I” Harry said, his face straight and unreadable even to Hermione.

Sound and movement seemed to stop as she watched the two of them nose to nose in determination. Miss Madys face was blank, full of thought and consideration, while's Harry's was full of something different. Something dark.

“Open the window” Miss Mady said finally still not moving from the spot.

Hermione heard what sounded like the gearing up of machines while the beige walls behind her slowly lifted up. The whole wall was quickly gone into the ceiling and now where the wall was before was the sight of the sun and the Earth, closer to joing than ever before.

“You two will watch Genesis happen” Miss Mady said slowly “and then I will deal with you as only a goddess can”

Miss Mady turned and went to walk of behind them towards where Hermione knew the door must be.

“Stop!” Harry snapped angrily “please just leave!”

“You are not in a position to order me to do anything” Miss Mady said softly as she ran a hand over his face. Harry seemed to convulse slightly at her touch but didn't pull himself away.

“Then I'm sorry” Harry said shaking his head as he turned away from her and stared out at the window as he watched the sun burning the earth, coming ever closer to complete destruction “I'm so sorry”

For a moment Miss Mady stood perfectly still just looking down at the motionless body of Harry before she turned and walked past him towards the door.

“Watch the pair of them” Hermione heard Miss Mady say to her accomplice “I'm going to launch the operation and create history”

Hermione heard the door swoosh open from behind them then close with a small thud. They were alone, held captive, with a torturer behind them as they sat watching the sun be burnt and destroyed.

And as a mad woman became a God.

*

Sorry for taking so long to update (I feel I'm having to say that too much lately!) but have had lots of problems lately. My laptop broke, so I had to buy a new one. Then I found out only Word 2007 works with Vista! I was gutted! And this is between baby raising, work and generally having a life!

Anyway…the conclusion comes next, which is quite action packed, and I shall try to get out tonight…hope you enjoyed this…

Till next time…

Jms Granger

-->

6. Genesis: Part Six


Genesis: Part Six

Hermione watched the reds and yellows dancing along the edges of the planet as it consumed it in fire. Hermione wasn't an expert in science, let alone science in the year 5 billion, but she would guess that time was running out for the planet. That must mean that Miss Mady had to put the Genesis Project into action soon.

“What are we going to do?” Hermione asked quickly as she looked at Harry.

Harry didn't reply, all he did was stare out of the window for the longest of times. Hermione could see he was lost in thought and she wanted to let him get to it.

“Aren't you going to reply?” the man from behind said angrily.

Harry still didn't say anything as he carried on staring out of the window.

“Answer her!” the man shouted but still Harry didn't reply “Answer her now!”

Hermione's breathe caught in her chest as she recognized the voice.

“Lord Gattenburg!” Hermione shouted out loudly. She had been speaking to him only a matter of minutes before and she had liked him.

“You…” the man paused before she heard him groan.

She heard the man take a step forward and walk around them into sight.

She haw as the two foot man, entirely pitch black with just clear white eyes giving him any definition.

“It is you!” Hermione said angrily “you hit me!”

“I'm sorry” the man said and Hermione thought she could hear genuine sorrow in his voice “I didn't have a choice”

“You smashed me round the back of the head!” Hermione said in disbelief “and you expect me to believe that you didn't have a choice?”

“You don't understand what she's capable off!” he said in a loud shrill voice.

He had turned to look at Hermione and got closer to her now. Hermione saw that Harry was fidgeting with something out of the corner of her eye but couldn't risk looking at him properly as this would make Lord Gattenburg aware.

“Tell me” Hermione said looking straight into his eyes.

“She…” he said, his voice now full of fear “she get's so angry…once she put a million people into work camps as punishment”

“A million people?” Hermione said amazed “what had they done?”

“Nothing!” Lord Gattenburg whispered “she just wanted people to fear her again!”

“That's horrible” Hermione replied thinking of such a woman in charge of the universe.

“If I didn't do what she said…” he paused as his white eyes opened large and stared of in thought “it would be the end of me”

Hermione's heart gave a jump as she saw Harry appear directly behind him, holding his hand up to his lips to stop Hermione from saying anything.

“Maybe you should run away?” Hermione said trying to distract him.

“With the Genesis Project about to work there would be no place to hide” he said shaking his head.

“You could leave with us” Hermione said bravely making Lord Gattenburgs eyes almost dance in his face.

“I…” he said as Hermione saw Harry raised his fist behind him.

Harry's fist connected with a sickening crack against the back of Lord Gattenburgs head and a mist of green liquid spluttered from his face as the body fell to the floor.

“Why did you do that?” Hermione asked in shock.

“We have a matter of minutes left and I don't have my wand” Harry said dismissively as he fell to the floor and started fiddling with the straps that bound her wrists the chair “and we can't waste anymore time”

“How did you get out?” Hermione asked as he looked down at the body of Lord Gattenburg who still wasn't moving.

“Simple wandless magic” Harry said quickly as he waved his hand over her wrists and both popped up.

She stood up and rubbed her wrists. They were red and blood was leaking slowly from each of them but not enough to be worried. She dropped to the floor and put a hand out on Lord Gattenburgs body.

“Is he safe?” Hermione asked as she tried to find a heart beat.

“Probably” Harry said shrugging “does it matter?”

“You didn't have to do that!” Hermione snapped standing up and looking into Harry's face.

“I guess I could have let him know I was behind him and ask ever so kindly if he didn't mind letting us go so we could stop his boss” Harry said mockingly as he ran a hand over his face to let her know that he was thinking about something else.

Hermione ran a hand over Lord Guttenburgs face and sighed. She knew Harry wouldn't purposefully kill anyone let alone someone he really didn't have to so she knew he was alive and safe.

“We have to stop her” Harry said quickly as he turned to look at her.

“How?” Hermione asked as she stood up and faced him ready for business.

“No idea” Harry said happily as he took her hand in his and started to pull her towards the door that Miss Mady had left through “but we'll start by finding where Miss Mady's gone…”

Harry held out a hand and waved it over the door for a few seconds before it pinged open and they stepped through.

“Then I'll…I mean we will have to get our wands back” Harry said as he waved his hand over the controls and Hermione felt as the elevator started to lurch downwards “and then I'm sure I'll think of something brilliant”

“You know wandless magic” Hermione asked.

“Vaguely” Harry smiled as he magiced a coin into his hand and laughed.

“If you can do magic without a wand, then why do you use one?” Hermione asked. Previously she hadn't thought of this question but since she found that that she would have to carry one with her the rest of her life she was finding this all much more interesting.

“It's a lot harder for one thing” Harry explained kindly “you cant do very advanced magic which makes it kind of useless in a fight…”

“You do love the fights” Hermione teased.

“A wand channels your magic so without one your just, flexing, your power” Harry continued “and after a while it pretty much burns out and needs to recharge”

“Like a battery?” Hermione asked confused making Harry laugh loudly.

“No, we're not robots” Harry stopped laughing as the door pinged open and they found themselves looking out at a long corridor “We're here”

Hermione stepped out of the elevator and looked down the corridor, there was only one room right at the end and she instantly knew Miss Mady would be there.

“Lets stop her” Hermione said as she started to walk forward “times running out”

Harry stepped up into step next to her and smiled at her.

“What's funny?” Hermione asked.

“Just you” Harry said still smiling “I think I'm rubbing off on you”

Hermione laughed as they reached the door and paused.

“Even if you have managed to rub off on me in the last year I still think you should take the lead on this” Hermione said watching as Harry held a hand out over the controls to open the door “after all we are here to see your girlfriend”

“Low blow!” Harry yelled as the door zipped open to show a large room with one side it showing the sun now touching the Earth and having burnt through at least a quarter of it. Hermione realized that the ship was now a lot closer to the sun than before which could only mean that Miss Mady had speeded up her plan.

Then Hermione saw Miss Mady in the middle of the large beige room with her hand hovering over a large red button, ready to slam it down at any moment. Harry stood there next to Hermione looking forward at Miss Mady with a desperate look in his eyes but too scared to step forward.

“So the travellers have found their way to me once more?” Miss Mady said laughing.

“We're can be pesky like that” Harry said confidently.

“I have no idea how you escaped” Miss Mady said ignoring Harry's remark “but at least you came to watch History occur from a better view”

“How can you be so certain that it's going to work and not send us all to an early grave?” Hermione asked loudly getting Miss Madys attention.

“Why else would you have come to stop me?” Miss Mady smiled evilly at her

“We don't know if it works!” Harry shouted “But I doubt it!”

“But you came to stop me because it did work!” Miss Mady hissed at Harry.

“We came to see the end of the world” Hermione said shaking her head “nothing more or less”

“I don't believe you” she screamed out in frustration “I am destined to do this…to create Earth in my image!”

“With a black hole as a heart?” Hermione said sceptically as she looked around the room. She saw a desk near where Miss Mady stood which had their wands laid carelessly on. Hermione looked at Harry and realized that he had slowly been inching his way towards them.

“It is my destiny” Miss Mady aid shaking her head as if she was tired of arguing with a child.

“Destiny is the excuse of tyrants” Harry said taking another small step forward

“I was taught how to do this by the only man who knew how!” Miss Mady said, tears falling from her eyes “He told me that he was the one who saved Terrans, that he created the Genesis Project…and he shared his secret with me”

“That's impossible” Harry said shaking his head sadly “You've been tricked”

“Why are you so sure that you're right and I'm wrong?” Miss Mady demanded.

Harry paused and looked at the woman, sorrow was in his eyes as he stared at her before he took another large step forward, only a few inches from where she was standing.

“Because it was me who saved the Terrans” Harry said slowly. Miss Mady's eyes widened as she stared at him in shock “I travelled there, found them dying and saved them…I increased the temporal shift and brought the whole planet through time…The Terrans are alive! Alive and thriving in the year ten billion!”

“But…but…” Miss Mady said shaking her head “But that means the world will die”

“Everything has it's time…” Harry said softly “I will die one day, Hermione will, and so will the Earth”

Miss Mady eyes shot between them searching for some trace that Harry was lying. And when she didn't find it she gave an ear piercing scream, throwing her head backwards so she was staring at the ceiling.

Hermione walked up next to Harry and fed her hand into his which he clutched tightly. She hadn't guessed that he was holding this secret, but it didn't surprise her. Harry was a hero. Her hero.

“So you were the man in black Lord Gattenburg talked off?” Hermione asked with a smile.

“As I say, simple black clothes fit in everywhere” Harry replied simply.

The scream slowly stopped in Miss Mady's throat as she turned her head down and faced Harry once more, a craziness burning in her eyes.

“So you saved the Terrans, but condemn your own world to death?” she said nastily “so if I'm a god, what does that make you?”

“Me?” Harry said slowly “I'm just a friend”

“You, Harry, the king of questions, do you mind if I ask one of my own?” she said. Something in her tone of voice sounded strange. Like a person who had finally given up on everything.

“Sure…” Harry said slowly. His eyes shot to Miss Mady's hand that was still hovering over the button.

“If I have been tricked into believing that this was the Genesis Project” Miss Mady said slowly “then what was the mans intentions?”

“I…” Harry said confused “I have no idea”

“Then let me guess at this” Miss Mady said smiling “he wanted the Earth to live…he knew that this science of his might work, and he gave it to me”

“You can't know that for sure” Hermione said shaking her head “all you know is that he lied to you”

“The ends justify the means” Miss Mady said. Hermione noticed that Harry was watching her hand a lot closer now “and saving the Earth is worth any price, even my life!”

As she screamed these lasts words Miss Mady threw her hand down too quickly for Harry to stop her. And the room fell silent for several seconds before Harry sighed and walked up to the desk as if didn't have another care in the world.

Harry picked up their wands from the desk and walked past Miss Mady without looking at her.

“Here” Harry said, his voice full of anger as he passed her wand to her and turned back to Miss Mady “you haven't left me with a choice”

“Stop talking like that, I don't fear you” Miss Mady laughed “and you can't stop it anymore, this ship has already soaked up ninety percent of the needed energy and you can't reverse this ship and expel the energy somewhere safe”

“I understand what you did, and as I said you have left me with no choice” Harry said softly shaking his head.

Miss Mady was silent for several seconds as she stared at Harry.

“What do you mean?” she finally asked.

“I have to crash this ship into the sun” Harry replied sadly.

“But…but…” Miss Mady choked out “you haven't got time”

Harry paused and looked out at the window for a few seconds. The Sun had now engulfed nearly a half of the Earth and Hermione thought that Miss Mady might be right.

Harry raised his wand and a second later the whole ship lurched under Hermione's feet and she thought she could feel the ship moving. As she realized that the ship was now moving towards the surface of the sun she could feel her heart speed up.

“Hermione…” Harry started as he turned to Hermione.

“No need to say it” Hermione said as her heart carried on beating rapidly in her chest.

“Good” Harry as he started to walk away.

“What about everyone on this ship?” Hermione said in confusion stopping Harry in his tracks.

Harry raised his wand to his throat and held it against his Adams apple.

“The H.M.S Aguilera the …whatever this one is…” Harry's words filled the room with a deafening volume making Hermione hold her hands to her ears “…is going to crash into the Sun. This is not a drill or a joke. If you do not evacuate in the next ten minutes you will die…repeat, leave right now or fall into the sun and burn…”

“Is that all your going to do?” Hermione asked with her ears still ringing.

“What do you want?” Harry said angrily snapping at Hermione “this ship is going to fall into the sun in ten minutes and I'm not even sure if we have time to escape ourselves!”

Hermione didn't know what to say as Harry went to walk past her to the elevator once again.

“What about Miss Mady?” Hermione asked.

Harry stopped once more and looked back at the mad woman who had put them into this position with nothing but contempt.

Miss Mady was staring out at the window in contemplative silence the whole time.

“She's going to die” Harry said shrugging but his voice sounded angry.

“But…” Hermione said “we can't just leave her to die!”

“Why cant we?” Harry asked in exhaustion.

Hermione noticed beads of sweat dripping from Harry's face and realized that the heat had raised at least ten degrees.

“Because that's not you” Hermione said stepping closer to Harry and taking his hand in hers “you might be a pain, danger prone and rather insane but you…well your fantastic…you throw yourself into these situations because you cant help it, because saving people is who you are”

“But do I have to this time?” Harry asked sighing.

“Harry…” Hermione said with a smile “you have to every time”

Harry rolled his eyes and sighed loudly before turning to Miss Mady.

“Come with us” Harry said loudly.

“I'm staying here” Miss Mady said without turning around from the sight of the sun and earth colliding.

“Come with us and I promise that you will live through this” Harry said now louder and more demanding.

“Your wasting you time, Harry Potter, as I'm staying with my planet” Miss Mady finally turned around and looked at Harry, a blank look making her face look like a mask “and when this ship falls into the sun, and when your watching it happen for fun you will have to watch yourself become a murderer…because that's what you did here, you murdered me”

Miss Mady turned around at the end of this and looked back out at the window in complete silence.

“Lets go” Harry said, his voice sounded rough and ragged as he grabbed Hermione's hand and pulled her out of the door and into the corridor where the temperature soared once again.

The heat in this corridor was now getting too great for her, she could feel the sweat putting form her face. Running a hand over her face she could feel the beginning of blisters spreading out over her face.

“We've got to hurry” Hermione said desperately as she let go of Harry's hand and lent up against the wall as they reached the elevator and Harry examined with his hands. Before the door popped open and they walked in.

This room was more like a furnace than an elevator but at least they were getting away.

“This is turning out horribly!” Hermione laughed, the hot air catching in her lungs and making her cough. Harry pressed a button on the elevator and it started to lurch downwards.

Harry didn't reply instantly, instead he looked up at the elevator in deepest concentration. His face was red and looking at his hands she could see painful blisters spreading out over them.

“Can you hear that?” Harry said looking at her.

Hermione closed her eyes and tried to strain her ears. Almost instantly she stopped and listened to her heart thumping its way out of her chest. What's he had heard was the creaking of the elevator as it plummeted across the ship, a creaking that meant only one thing.

“How long have we got?” Hermione asked.

“Seconds” Harry replied quickly “a couple minutes at most”

“But you have your wand” Hermione shot back quickly “you can fix it, right?”

“I don't know” Harry said as he stopped staring at the ceiling and lent up against the wall next to her “a world is dying next to us, a sun is being trapped, and a black hole is in the process of being created…I think there's too much background power for me to have full control”

“So you can't do magic?” Hermione asked seriously.

“Maybe” Harry said breathing heavily as he ran a hand over his face to wipe the sweat of off his blistering face “this power, magic, is linked with us. With me and with you. It's like our soul, and here we are where a whole planet and sun and system is dying around us…think of it like radio waves…a single radio wave amongst thousands, millions, gets lost and loses its power and clarity”

“So you've still got you're power but its weaker and clear?” Hermione asked with a smile “So now you're like me?”

“You forget that you can do magic as well” Harry smiled back.

The two of them slowly slipped down against the wall and sat down with their backs pushed up against the wall as the elevator zoomed towards it's destination.

“If we get out of here…” Hermione started.

When we get out of here” Harry corrected her.

“When we get out of here” Hermione started “can we go somewhere…fun…for once?”

“Fun?” Harry said laughing loudly “we always have fun!”

“I know” Hermione said chuckling “but can we go somewhere fun and…and a little less work?”

“What?” Harry asked bemused “like a holiday?”

“Exactly!” Hermione said instantly excited “a relaxing holiday…somewhere exotic where we can just relax for a few days…”

“How come?” Harry asked genuinely interested.

“A lot has happened in the last few days, the lat week” Hermione said thinking over the events. She had met herself, the world had gone to war and she had died “I guess I just need to recharge my batteries”

“If you need it, then it's done” Harry said as he took her hand in his and gave it a small squeeze “how about Hawaii…1839…a fantastic year, gorgeous weather, and not a single psychopath in sight”

“That sounds…” Hermione said as she closed her eyes. She tried to pretend that the boiling heat of the ship was actually the sun as she bathed on a Hawaiian beach “that sounds perfect”

“Hermione…” Harry said quietly, uncertain in his voice. Hermione opened her eyes and looked at him, interested by the tone of his voice “we have a laugh, a joke, and generally enjoy ourselves, don't we?”

Hermione nodded and automatically inched ever so closer to Harry as she looked up at him.

“Well…I don't say this often enough…” Harry looked purposefully away from her for a second before his clear green eyes locked on hers “Travelling with you has been the only time I've ever been truly happy…it means… you mean everything to me”

Hermione could hardly breathe, from a mixture of the heat and from Harry's eyes. She could feel him moving closer to her and her brain, frozen in shock, couldn't understand why.

Harry's face was millimetres away from her own when it happened, when the world started to fall from beneath her. When the elevator finally broke.

Her head smashed against the wall, her arms flailing as they hit repeatedly against the floor and the whole time pain spreading over all her nerves.

“Harry!” she tired to shout as she smashed against the wall again and again, like a small ship out at a treacherous sea.

Suddenly the world gave one large final smash as she flew upwards and landed with a small thud onto the solid, still ground.

“Wha-?” Hermione managed to get out as she tried to right herself and stand up but fell over once again

She looked up from the ground and saw Harry stood above her, his wand held in both hands tightly as he raised it to the ceiling.

“Harry…?” Hermione said as she stood up. Looking at him she saw a determined look on his face, his hands were shaking slightly as he held the wand with all his power.

“It's holding…” Harry said through gritted teeth.

His eyes were squinted and his whole body started to vibrate slightly as she held out a hand and rested it on his shoulder, desperate to take some of the strain of him.

“I'm lowering it to our floor” Harry strained to get the words out as every other bit of effort was taken up with controlling the elevator.

Hermione could now feel it moving, lurching slightly every few seconds. She held her breathe, and her tongue, to allow Harry the time to control himself and save the pair of them.

She listened to what should be machinery but couldn't hear even a sound. Harry must physically be making the whole elevator float down the shaft. A difficult feat at the best of times, let alone now and where they were.

“We're here” Harry said, his voice sounding strangely weaker. Slowly he moved one hand of the wand and pointed it at the door which struggled to open completely but still managed to open enough for them to fit through.

“Let's get out of here” Hermione said trying to pull him towards the door.

“Stop!” Harry shouted looking at her “I'm holding the elevator…get out of here now!”

“What about you?” Hermione said refusing to move.

“I'll make a jump for it when you're safe” Harry snapped.

The heat was getting almost intolerable for the both of them, Hermione's t-shirt and trousers were clinging to her body.

“Can't you apparate” Hermione asked in fear.

“No” Harry said shaking his head just an inch “not enough power”

She looked out the door and down the corridor. They were there, only a corridor away from the Anglia and back to safety. She could almost feel the cool air of the Anglia on her skin.

“Then I won't go” Hermione said suddenly looking back at Harry.

“I can't hold it much longer” Harry growled out.

“Then leave” Hermione said “with me”

“What are you talking about?” Harry snapped again, his face flooded with sweat as the elevator lurched down a little bit more.

“We do it at the same time” Hermione said putting her hand in his spare hand and looking into his eyes “We jump together”

“Why is it so important?” Harry asked, his voice sounding a little more controlled.

“I…” Hermione said as she looked down at her hand holding his. The answer was obvious, but how could she say it when Harry was like this “I'm not leaving you…ever”

Harry stared at her for several seconds in disbelief before a smile spread over his lips and he nodded.

“On three?” Harry said as he inched closer to the door.

“One” Hermione said as she leaned her body at the door in preparation. She didn't know how quickly this elevator would plummet when Harry stopped supporting it and could only hope they timed their exit perfectly.

“Two” Harry said leaning closer to the door still.

Hermione breathed deeply. There were millions, billions, of places she's rather be. But no one in the history of time and space who she'd rather be with.

“Three” they said together and leaped forward.

Her body was off the floor as she flung herself forward when a loud cracking, rasping sound happened around them as the metal of the shaft and the metal of the elevator slammed haphazardly against each other.

Time seemed to slow down as she looked flew through the air. She could see the doorway getting slower as the elevator fell to the ground with the full power of gravity.

Closing her eyes she found she couldn't think. This was it. Life or death. The beginning of a new journey, or the end of her life.

She felt the cold hard surface of the floor fall against her as she landed, feeling Harry's body tumble over her.

She was on her back, and even more important she had made it.

She couldn't help but laugh out loud as she laid there with her eyes closed. They had made it, and just down this corridor was the Anglia.

She sat up and looked over expecting to see Harry standing there, grinning above her with a witty remark on the tip of his tongue. Instead all she saw was Harry laying there perfectly still.

She leant over and pulled him onto his back. He was alive and safe but weak.

“Harry?” Hermione asked as she put a hand out onto his face.

“This whole trip is starting to feel less fun than I thought it would be” Harry said with a smile as he looked up at her.

Hermione laughed and enveloped him in a hug.

“Let's get out of here” Hermione said as she stood up and pulled Harry up with him.

Harry fell onto him, using her to support himself. She hadn't realized just how weak he actually was, but he was barely able to put one foot in front of the other and without her body to lean against she doubted he would have been able to make it out of here.

She started to lead him down the corridor. She knew it was quite long, but straight through this door was sanctuary.

“God your heavy” she said jokingly as she pulled him towards their destination.

“I'll let you know I work out!” Harry joked back, but his voice didn't sound convincing. She needed to get him out of here straight away.

“You forget I've spent practically every day with you for the last year” Hermione said lugging him even closer “and I've never seen you work out once”

“You caught me” Harry laughed weakly.

Hermione breathed a sigh of relief as they reached the door. She put out a hand and tired to pull the door open but it refused to budge.

“Harry” Hermione said “you need to open the door”

“I…” Harry said, his voice was breaking up “can't”

He slipped from her grip and fell back against the door.

“This…place…” Harry said, his voice was now full of pain as if he was being tortured by someone at this very second “I opened myself up…my power, my soul…now it's draining me…I need to get back to the Anglia…”

“But you need to open this door!” Hermione said desperately.

“You're wrong” Harry said. He seemed to be fighting to keep his eyes open.

“What do you mean?” Hermione said desperately. Her eyes were starting to water as she looked at Harry, to weak to even hold his own head up.

“I don't need to open that door…” Harry said, his voice barely more than a whisper “…you do…”

Hermione almost screamed when she saw his head fall down on his shoulder as e passed out, but she stopped herself. She didn't have the time to feel anything, she needed to save Harry like he had saved her, like he had saved the whole world, so many times.

She removed the wand from her pocket and looked down at it. She had no idea what she had to do to open this door, but she knew she must find out how.

She held the wand straight out at the door and closed her eyes. She thought back to the last time she had done this, standing at a door, an archway to another world. Desperate to get back to Harry. This time she was desperate to save Harry.

She heard the swoosh and knew what had happened before she opened her eyes, and as she saw what was in front of her, her heart leaped in her chest.

The Ford Anglia stood before them.

She fell to the floor and pulled Harry's arms over her shoulder and lifted him of the ground. Her back was aching, her body threatened to buckle under the numerous hits she had receive, but she was only steps away from the Anglia and she had to make it.

Her legs were screaming out in protest with each step. Her heart threatening to give in with each deep breathe she took.

“When we get back I'm resting for a month!” Hermione stuttered out as she approached the door of the Anglia and fell against it.

With all her last energy she put her spare hand into her pocket, removing the key carefully from it and inserting it into the door.

Before she turned it she looked to the side, to the window she first saw the sun and Earth colliding together. And what she saw made her open the door without thought. The sun now took up the whole screen as the ship prepared to fall into the sun

With a loud grunt she pulled open the door and pushed Harry in.

Falling through after him she felt the cool air on her skin and almost smiled.

But then a thought occurred to her. Could the Anglia survive falling into the sun? Somehow she doubted it.

Hermione sprung to her feet and looked around at the Anglia. She needed to get out of here, to go anyway in space and time. But how?

She looked down at Harry and saw that his eyes were still shut and that there was no way that he would be able to pilot them.

She knew there was only one way thing left. One possible way for them to escape.

Running over to the pensieve she held out her hand and ran it through the grey mist. It felt cold to her skin and it floated over her, a mixture between air and water.

She held the wand up to her head and stopped. How could she pull memories or commands from her mind?

London she thought. But nothing happened.

Take me back to 2007 she thought, but still nothing came.

Take us through space and time to anywhere at all! She screamed in her head.

No rumbling of engines came, no shaking of the world. Nothing at all.

“Why aren't you working!” She screamed at the top of her voice “Work! Damn you! Work!”

As she screamed the last command she was thrown from her feet and onto the floor, the familiar sounds of the mechanics of this wonderful machine and she let loose a loud, room filling laugh.

Harry had told her that this Ford Anglia was different. That it was slightly alive. And it had just managed to save them.

She fell down to the floor and laid won against its cold surface. The cold metal floors stung against her blisters but the pain meant nothing.

Harry had saved the whole world, the whole universe. She had saved Harry. And the Anglia had saved her.

They were a weird family, but a family nonetheless.

And then she fell asleep.

*

She walked through the room. She couldn't remember a time when she had ever been happier than this. Everyone she loved was under one roof.

She pushed open the door and walked into the living room. She had always loved this flat, she had been brought home here straight from the hospital after being born, and every day after had been spent living in this house.

She smiled as she saw him standing in the corner of the room, inspecting her with a curious look.

“Harry, what are-“ Hermione asked.

“No” Harry said shaking his head.

She felt a hand on her arm and opened her eyes. The dream she had been having ended and was forgotten.

She lifted up her head and looked straight forward.

“I was just wondering how was the best way to wake you up” Harry said smiling looking down at her with his hand raised out to pull her up.

“Please say you've done something about the blisters all over my face” Hermione groaned as she landed on her feet making Harry laugh.

“I can't remove them as their permanent” Harry said consolingly.

“What!” Hermione barked out in anger making Harry laugh out loud.

“Gotta remember that you're not so fast in the mornings” Harry teased.

“And I have to remember that you try to give people heart attacks first thing in the morning” Hermione said as he she ran a hand over her face to check Harry was telling the truth. Luckily for him she found her skin fresh and smooth.

“So we got out once again” Harry smiled as Hermione righted her top.

“They keep trying to pull us apart and keep failing” Hermione replied as she finished righting herself and stared up at Harry grinning from ear to ear.

“Where do you want to go next?” Harry said “World War Two is full of laughs…well, not so much laughs really but…death”

“I think we'll pass” Hermione said as she looked around the Anglia. It had saved the pair of them like it had did so many times before.

“The Cuban missile crisis?” Harry asked “we can go and annoy those communists?”

“Sounds good” Hermione asked “but I don't feel up to Marxist theory once again”

“And Karl Marx liked you so much!” Harry laughed out loud.

“He asked me for one drink!” Hermione laughed back.

“How about we go and see this worlds Karl Marx then?” Harry asked.

“Sounds good and all” Hermione asked.

“What's wrong?” Harry asked suspiciously “I've suggested three places and you've turned down all of them…that has never happened before!”

“That's not true” Hermione said shaking her head.

“Oh, yeah!” Harry chuckled “I still think watching a U2 gig wouldn't be that bad!”

“It's just…” Hermione said breathing deeply before continuing “the world just ended, people died, and no one was there to see it go…it's just…sad”

Harry stared at Hermione with a grin on his face before he grabbed her hand.

“What is it?” Hermione asked as she was pulled hastily across the room towards the door.

“You'll see” Harry said as he let go of her hand as they reached the doors and held the handle “I know you so well!”

As he finished saying this he pulled open the door and the sight made Hermione gulp.

It was the sight she had just been seeing through windows as the sun engulfed the Earth.

“Why aren't we being pulled out?” Hermione asked as she held out a hand and poked it through the door.

“I've created an invisible barrier that acts like a trans-dimensional barrier allowing nothing to pass through but allowing flexibility in case someone pushes a hand past” Harry explained. There was only a small part of the Earth left now, only a few seconds left of the Earths life.

“So a glass window then?” Hermione teased.

“Pretty much, but my way sounded more impressive” Harry said his eyes stuck as the last few remnants of earth was burnt up in a crisp.

“That's it” Hermione said as her eyes scanned for any earth but every last scrap had now been burnt up “that the end of Planet Earth”

“Everything has to end” Harry said as he dropped his hand down and held Hermione's hand “but something's are so wonderful that their never forgotten”

Hermione took a deep cleansing breathe as she looked out at the Sun burning away as if nothing had changed. Harry was right, everything did have to end eventually, but something's lived past their lives in the memories of others.

In that regard, her and Harry would be live forever.

“I have an idea!” Harry laughed suddenly as he shut the doors and ran over to the Pensieve.

“What is it?” Hermione laughed excited as Harry wheeled around the machine whipping out his wand and raising it to his head.

“Woodstock!” Harry laughed “you wanted relaxing and how can you get more relaxed than that!”

“That's a great idea! I've never been attacked by a group of hippies!” Hermione teased.

“At least we'll have a good soundtrack for once!” Harry laughed as he dropped the grey mist into the machine as Hermione threw herself into her chair as her world started to shake violently back and forth.

With the commotion of her world being ripped through time and space she smiled. It was the most relaxing feeling in the world.

*

So that's the conclusion to this adventure. Hoped you liked it!

Next adventure starts straight away, and their going to America to meet a very famous person…but trouble awaits them in the form of something completely new to them…

Till next time…

Jms Granger…

-->

7. Electrical Current: Part One


Electrical Current: Part One

“Ninety-seven…Ninety-Eight…Ninety-nine…” she yelled at the top of her voice. Sally could be very far away so she had to use all her voice power to make sure she knew “One hundred! Coming to get you!

She yelled the last words with all her might as she removed her hands from her eyes and looked around.

The trees were still around as she knew they would be, but when you have your hands over your eyes for such a long time you cant help but get a little scared when you can see again. Her daddy had told her that now she was ten years old that she couldn't be scared all the time anymore, especially as she had to look after her baby sister.

Sally, her sister, was still only a baby and hadn't reached her eighth birthday yet. When she saw her baby sister she couldn't believe that she had been that young only two years ago.

She ran through the trees. She wasn't that far away from the river and knew that the caves would be a good spot for hide and go seek, and she also knew her sister knew of this place as well from last summer when she had been taught to swim.

She reached the river quickly and paused. The water was running fast today, faster than she had ever seen it before and it scared her slightly. She scanned the river edge to see if that professor was here.

“Mr. Franklin?” she called out in hope he was here “Are you there Mr. Benjamin?”

No response came so she started to follow the river down. Mr Franklin was a strange man, and the only grown-up who used to let her call him by his first name. Benjamin was a nice man, but very strange, and she liked him.

Slowly she reached the cave and stopped.

Water had filled the whole path and it looked a little unsafe. But as her father had told her she couldn't let herself be scared anymore so she started to walk towards it.

“Sally?” she called as her feet scrunched over the mud. Water from the river came splashing out all over the stones and floor and she was already wet “Sally?”

She stopped dead in her tracks. She thought she had heard something, a person's voice, and strained her ears once more.

“Sarah?” she heard a voice call out from the cave. The voice was weak and barely more than a whisper as it reached her but she knew whose it was. Her sister Sally.

She couldn't move as her heart beat in her chest and her hands shook through fear.

“Help me…Sarah” She heard her sister say again.

She shut her eyes as tight as she could, hoping that when she opened them she would be somewhere else, anywhere else.

But as she opened them again she was still by the rivers edge, and she could still hear her sister calling for held.

With her fathers voice echoing through her head she took a step forward and then ran towards the cave.

“Sarah!” her baby sister called again, louder, as she entered the cave, but it was too dark to see her straight away.

“Sally, where are you?” she called out scared “what's wrong?”

“Help me!” her sister said and Sarah tried to follow the voice “I'm so scared…please, help me!”

“I'm coming!” Sarah called even louder as she walked slowly through the cave trying to avoid tripping over.

And then she stopped dead in her tracks once again. For she had found her sister. Lying motionless on the floor.

She fell down next to her and tried to take grip of her but her sister slipped from her grip and fell back to the ground. Her sister was soaking wet, so badly that she felt as if she was made from water.

“Sally, are you ok?” she asked desperately.

“Weak…” Sally replied “so weak…can't hold on…”

“Don't talk like that…” she said shaking her head “I'll get daddy”

“No!” her baby sister said quickly “don't leave me!”

She looked at her sister and found herself crying. Her sister seemed smaller than before in a large puddle. It was as if she was melting.

“What happened?” Sarah asked crying as she tried once more to grip her sister into a hug but failed again.

“They…they…” her sister cried out “they…came…”

and then Sarah's scream filled the cave, all thought of her fathers words about being brave gone from thought, as she watched her baby sister, kind young Sally, melt into a puddle of water.

*

Ok, that's the opening…hoped you liked it! If it means anything in enjoyed writing it…

We go to Hermione's point of view next chapter and staying there, so don't worry about that…

Till next time…

Jms Granger…

-->

8. Electrical Current: Part Two


Electrical Current: Part Two

“Wingardium Leviosa!” Hermione yelled at the top her voice as she swished and flicked her wand as Harry had shown her.

“I make that attempt number 12” Harry said as he repositioned himself in his chair awkwardly and grinned widely at her.

“This is so frustrating” Hermione said aggressively as she started to wave her hand around exaggeratedly “Wingardium leviosa! Wingardium leviosa! Wingar-dam LEVIOSA!”

Her scream echoed across the many sides of the Anglia and carried through the open doors to the many thousand of corridors that branched of the main room. Harry grinned even more at Hermione as he sluggishly removed his wand from his pocket.

“I make that try fifteen now” Harry said under his breathe as he stood up quickly giving his wand a flick at the door making it slam shut. Turning to face her he said calmly “So we don't wake the neighbours”

“What neighbours?” Hermione said nonplussed as she stood up to join him “We're in the Anglia floating through time and space?”

“Try making the `o' longer…” Harry beamed excitedly “repeat after me…Wingardium Levi-o-sa”

“First, who speaks like that?” Hermione shot back as she stared at him beaming at her in expectation as he let out a loud throaty “and secondly…”

“Go on…” Harry said as he put his hands in his pockets and rocked back and forth as he watched her.

“Neighbours? In the Anglia?” she demanded.

“That was shocking!” Harry said in a look of deep disgust at Hermione “none of that even had an `o' in…well, neighbours did but it wasn't very long ago and kinda got muffled with the `u' in the attempt”

“I wasn't trying that silly spell…” Hermione said rolling her eyes as Harry seemed genuinely hurt “I meant the sudden realization that the Anglia might have neighbours!”

“Oh…” Harry said sounding confused for a second before his eyes shot open wide in realization “Oh!”

Harry darted of to his cabinet and started to rummage through the belongings, him throwing them wildly up in the air every few seconds.

“So, are you going to tell me?” Hermione said as she strolled up next to Harry to inspect the terrible mess he was making.

“That? Doesn't matter” Harry said shaking his head dismissively “Even if I did get into some trouble with flesh eating spiders once, lost this Anglia in their den, came back and fetched it a decade later and kept on hearing scuttling every now and again somewhere around here, it wouldn't matter to us”

“Sharing your house with flesh eating spiders doesn't matter?” Hermione said letting out a small laugh at Harry's wide smile.

“We're safe...” Harry said loudly before he momentarily stopped still and added “ish”

“Ish?” Hermione shot back instantly.

“Yeah…safe-ish…” Harry replied brightly again “…kinda…”

“Is kinda better or worse than ish?” Hermione asked as she narrowed her eyes at him. He stopped and scratched his head, deep in contemplation at what he viewed a genuine hard question to answer that deserved his undivided attention.

“Well…” Harry said as he looked back into Hermione's eyes and said with a small shrug of his shoulders “sorta”

“But that means we're safe?” Hermione said hopefully “right?”

“Well…” Harry said scrunching up his face in preparation for another bout of thinking but was almost instantly stopped.

One moment Hermione was watching Harry about to give an answer and the next she was watching the world swirl by, her feet in the air as she plummeted through the air. A loud thud barely audible through the smashing and hammering of the cabinet signalled her land on the ground. That and what would soon become many bruises.

“What is it?” Hermione shouted as she struggled to right herself, trying as hard as she could to ignore the pain.

“It…” Harry shouted back above the crashing and roaring of the Anglia obviously being ripped through time and space. Harry had his arms around the pensieve and was pulling him up “definitely isn't the man eating spiders that live next door!”

“Then what is it?” Hermione shouted back, she was now able to throw herself upright as she held tightly onto the chair she watched as Harry stood towering over the pensieve, the grey smoke reflecting like pure light of his face, highlighting even more monstrously the look of panic in Harry's wide eyes.

“That's impossible…” Harry said, only his mouth moving as the world continued to throw itself back and forth “This can't happen…just cant”

Hermione let go of the chair and threw herself the five feet to the Pensieve, almost losing her balance on the way as the world gave another lurch. With another thud she fell into the penseive and turned her face top look at Harry.

“Cant be” Harry whipped out his wand and was waving frantically over the smoke, over the basin and over the whole thing “impossible, crazy!”

“What is going on?” Hermione shouted over the dim of the world.

“We're being pulled through space and time” Harry said giving the machine one last mighty smash with his wand which Hermione thought might be more frustration than magic “its like a huge piece of rope has been sewn up around the Anglia like a dog lead”

“And now the owner is pulling us back?” Hermione asked as she felt the pitter patter of her heart start up.

Suddenly the world stopped and the pensieve gave a small pop, sending up steam floating through the air.

Harry through out his hands and seemed to try and grab the air as he pulled it closer to his face.

“That cant be” Harry said nonplussed as he gave his hands a second sniff “That's amazing…it cant happen, but its still amazing none the less”

“What can't happen?” Hermione demanded taking a step backwards and making sure her feet were firmly planted on the floor in case it started back up.

“This is the after effect of the rope!” Harry shouted in excitement as he started to poke his left hand violently with his wand “as it lassoed around us the Anglia fought back, that's why the temporal shift was so bumpy”

“It's always bumpy” Hermione added.

“In the process of fighting it off it drew in part of what it was…it was like two energy streams pushing right into one of the other…well, the Anglia is a very fined tuned machine, completely unique in the whole of the universe, adding in an a foreign element was bound to be rejected” Harry said as he stared intently at the pensieve and stroking it softly “the small pop was all the leftover residue being physically expelled”

“So what was it?” Hermione asked taking a step forward.

“You're such a clever, brilliantly fantastically clever machine after all” Harry cooed at lost in his own world.

“Harry?” Hermione demanded.

Harry stopped stroking and turned to face Hermione startled. He quickly let go of the machine and seemed embarrassed at what he had been doing.

“Its electricity” Harry said blushing ever so slightly “simple electricity…the stuff you use to turn on the television back home…you could fly to Tokyo in the 42nd century, turn on one of those incredible robot dogs and it would be using the exact same thing as this…electricity”

“So why did this specific electricity latch onto us?” Hermione asked making Harry beam at her “I mean, if there's electricity everywhere through time why doesnt it just happen every time we travel?”

“Brilliant!” Harry grinned as he pulled her into a tight hug “you, Hermione Granger, are simply brilliant!”

She felt his arms embrace her and wing her back and forth as he put his whole into the hug and smiled.

“But the answer is” Harry said breaking the grip quickly and stepping away from her “is that it can't”

“But it did” Hermione said slowly.

“Couldn't have” Harry said shaking his head determinedly.

“Then how do you explain away the fact that it did” Hermione asked seriously.

“I can't” Harry said as matching Hermione tone “And I never will”

Hermione paused for a moment and saw it in Harry's eye. Something different, something foreign.

“Why not?” Hermione asked inching slightly away form him without realizing she was.

“Because we should run” Harry said, his voice low and dangerous “we should turn around, switch on the Anglia again and run throughout time and space away from here”

“Where are we?” Hermione asked looking around the Anglia as if the room would give her the answers she was seeking “where has it dragged us?”

“No way of knowing…” Harry said, his voice carrying what sounded like defeat “this is beyond all human knowledge…beyond my knowledge, and that's saying something”

Hermione could feel the air in the room getting damper, heavier with each of Harry's words.

“Because however this happened” Harry said his voice now no more than a whisper “it holds no good for either of us…”

Hermione's breathe caught in her throat and made her stop in her tracks. As she looked around the Anglia and felt something she didn't think this place could hold. Fear. Each shadow in the corner of the room, the spaces she couldn't see, all of this now seemed to hold some menacing threat.

And then she saw Harry, beaming in the middle of the room, his hand stretch out towards her. He seemed to lighten up the whole room, as if he was on fire himself.

“Come on” he said with a grin and a wink and without another thought Hermione raised her hand, placed it in his and was pulled towards the Anglia doors. Towards whatever was outside.

“So where do you think we are?” Hermione asked nervously as the doors loomed closer with every step.

“No way of knowing…” Harry said as he paused by the doors for a second before raising his hand and holding onto the silver handle of the lock “the beginning or the end of time… to the first or last electrical impulse that this world could ever have…to the edges of the universe or the blackness of the heart of the void…”

Harry turned his hand and was about to open it when he stopped and looked at her, beaming with excitement. And then he pulled it open and they both saw where they had been pulled.

“Or it could have pulled us to Earth” Harry said sounding a little let down as they stepped out of the Anglia together.

*

Hope you enjoyed that. It was a fun chapter to write as really all I needed to do was to pull them to where the story was taking place so I could really just write anything I wanted! And trust me, sending the duo through time and space on `adventures' doesn't leave me much leeway as they usually are in mortal danger and need to escape!

Anyway, I hope you did enjoy this…and please review! Reviewing means that the writer writes faster, and doesn't everyone want that?

Till next time,

Jms Granger…

-->