The Beswitching Spell

Muirnin

Rating: R
Genres: Romance, Humor
Relationships: Harry & Hermione
Book: Harry & Hermione, Books 1 - 5
Published: 19/07/2003
Last Updated: 21/07/2003
Status: In Progress

Reworked: How far will a couple of Slytherins go to destroy Gryffindor’s chances to win another Quidditch Cup… See what happens when Harry and Hermione have to experience what life is like as each other…

1. Prologue - A Slytherin Surprise

Muirnin @}>---'---,--- Normal Muirnin @}>---'---,--- 2 57 2003-07-19T06:27:00Z 2003-07-19T06:27:00Z 2 961 5478 RZHRT Creations 45 10 6727 9.2720

Disclaimer: I do not now, nor at any time, own any of the Harry Potter characters. This is an original plot, based on characters created by J K Rowling with additional characters created by Muirnin Cocan. Any resemblence to any other story is not intentional and is in no way to be regarded as plagurism. Please contact me if you have any concerns. In no way is any money being made nor copyright/trademark infringement intended. J K Rowling owns all rights as well as various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, with additional rights belonging to Warner Bros., Inc. In some cases with all my stories, some parts may be of an adult nature that may not be suitable for all readers. I STRONGLY recommend Reader Discretion and recommend that you pay attention to the story rating as story ratings of R or NC-17 is for language and sexual content.

Summary: How far will a couple of Slytherins go to destroy Gryffindor’s chances to win another Quidditch Cup… See what happens when Harry and Hermione have to experience what life is like as each other…

Spoilers: Books 1-5

Rating: R

Pairings: Harry/Hermione, Ron/Luna

Categories: Humor, Romance

Author’s Notes: After serious consideration regarding comments made by a few of my reviewers, I decided to make some changes. The first change is that chapter 1 is actually the Prologue… it was never meant to be a long chapter… the second change is that I expanded the story I had already written to give a bit more details and such…. I am also going to clarify the switched body dialogues, as that was a bit confusing… EVEN for me… Hope the new changes will make the story more enjoyable…

This is supposed to be a short fluffy piece that I had dreamt about and just had to write it... Hope you enjoy... Pass the PUMPKIN PIE and please if you must flame... supply your own marshmallows... I only supply the whipped cream! Read & Review...

BTW… I will supply the graham crackers and chocolate if you want to have s’mores!

The Beswitching Spell

by Muirnin Cocan


Prologue - A Slytherin Surprise!

Seventh year for many of the students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry caused a great amount of turmoil and panic for some and for others a way to look forward to their futures.

However, after spending the last few hours hearing Draco Malfoy go on and on, complaining about how many times their superior Slytherin Quidditch team had lost to St. Potter and his merry band of Gryffindor's, Crabbe and Goyle decided it was time to take matters into their own hands.

There had been a lot of changes within the Slytherin lot, partly because of many of the parents having been sentenced to Azkaban on charges of being Death Eaters… but for some, life didn’t change just because their parents were detained.

"Are you sure this will work?" Vincent Crabbe asked his cohort.

"Trust me. This is the perfect plan. We have spent seven years being abused by those bloody Gryffindor's and their stupid pranks that make us look stupid... well... This plan will guarantee that Slytherin will win the Quidditch Cup and if we are lucky... the house cup as well." Gregory Goyle said with an arrogant and confidant air, his grin spread across his face.

"Draco will be so proud of us. Then he will inform his Father and then WE will be included in the Dark Lord’s work..." Crabbe said rubbing his hands together.

=======

Taking strolls along the lake had become a way for Harry Potter and his best friend Hermione Granger to talk and get away from all the chaos that was ensuing due to the upcoming N.E.W.T.S. as well as the finals for the Quidditch Cup against Slytherin.

Life for Harry had become much different in the last two years since the death of his Godfather Sirius Black. While he still took his part of the Prophecy seriously, he also had begun to look at existence in any form with a profound sense that ‘life was precious’ and to live each day with as much joy you could… With Voldemort’s threats hanging over his head (and those of whom were closest to him) Harry treated life with more reverence but was beginning to enjoy each day as it came.

There were times however when all the changes that he had made to his mental health still wasn’t enough… Harry was confident that his team would succeed in winning the cup again... having only lost out twice in all the years he had played on the team. Nevertheless, his maturing face held creases of worry that he could not release.

"You'll be fine Harry." Hermione said as she looked at the crease upon his brow.

"Oh, I am not worried about the Cup... but I should have listened to you about studying earlier for the N.E.W.T.S.... I do not know how Ron is going to survive them. He's spending so much time with Luna and not studying at all that I..."

"I would not worry about Ron if I was you." Hermione said as she stopped him in mid stride. "If I know Luna she is not going to let him get off that easy without studying. She is very much aware of how important these tests are."

Hermione gave Harry one of her reassuring smiles that seemed to melt his heart. He knew he loved her, but they never crossed the line fearing what it would do to their friendship.

Their seventh and final year at Hogwarts had started out as no other year had. Both he and Hermione had been named Head Boy and Girl of the year, even though Ron had been a Gryffindor prefect since their 5th year.

If for no other reason, being Head Girl and Boy afforded them with perks that they enjoyed, namely their own rooms with a shared private common room and office. They had spent many evenings alone in the common room studying or playing games with Ron and Luna.

Over the years, Harry and Hermione had grown very close and in several ways they were closer then Harry and Ron. However, even though he was a Gryffindor and was considered by many to be the bravest man around, there were some things that he could never bring himself to reveal to her...

Sitting down by the side of the lake, Harry looked out at the giant squid who would break the surface every so often. It was quiet out there by the small grove of trees, and on a beautiful day such as this Harry considered that nothing could disrupt the peacefulness. It was times like this, he daydreamed of crossing the line with his best friend… what life would be like with her as something more then his best friend and confidant.

Suddenly, there was a blinding flash, then a scream of terror and Harry looked over at Hermione to make sure she was alright...

However, it was not Hermione he was staring at... it was himself.

2. Chapter 1 - Looks Can Be Deceiving

Muirnin @}>---'---,--- Normal Muirnin @}>---'---,--- 2 1 2003-07-19T06:28:00Z 2003-07-19T06:28:00Z 2 1340 7639 RZHRT Creations 63 15 9381 9.2720

Disclaimer: I do not now, nor at any time, own any of the Harry Potter characters. This is an original plot, based on characters created by J K Rowling with additional characters created by Muirnin Cocan. Any resemblence to any other story is not intentional and is in no way to be regarded as plagurism. Please contact me if you have any concerns. In no way is any money being made nor copyright/trademark infringement intended. J K Rowling owns all rights as well as various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, with additional rights belonging to Warner Bros., Inc. In some cases with all my stories, some parts may be of an adult nature that may not be suitable for all readers. I STRONGLY recommend Reader Discretion and recommend that you pay attention to the story rating as story ratings of R or NC-17 is for language and sexual content.

Summary: How far will a couple of Slytherins go to destroy Gryffindor’s chances to win another Quidditch Cup… See what happens when Harry and Hermione have to experience what life is like as each other…

Spoilers: Books 1-5

Rating: R

Pairings: Harry/Hermione, Ron/Luna

Categories: Humor, Romance

Author’s Notes: After serious consideration regarding comments made by a few of my reviewers, I decided to make some changes. The first change is that chapter 1 is actually the Prologue… it was never meant to be a long chapter… the second change is that I expanded the story I had already written to give a bit more details and such…. I am also going to clarify the switched body dialogues, as that was a bit confusing… EVEN for me… Hope the new changes will make the story more enjoyable…

This is supposed to be a short fluffy piece that I had dreamt about and just had to write it... Hope you enjoy... Pass the PUMPKIN PIE and please if you must flame... supply your own marshmallows... I only supply the whipped cream! Read & Review...

BTW… I will supply the graham crackers and chocolate if you want to have s’mores!

The Beswitching Spell

by Muirnin Cocan


Chapter 1 – Looks Can Be Deceiving

"Mione?" came the words from the mouth of he who looked exactly like Hermione Granger.

"Harry? What's going on?" Said Hermione from her form as Harry Potter. Tears filled the emerald green eyes as Harry wrapped his arms around Hermione.

"Did you hear anything? Anything at all?" Harry asked, holding onto Hermione.

"That is just it. I did not hear anything. I just saw a flash and then felt really different." Hermione said moving a hand towards the round black specticals that were upon her face. “I’ve read about some switching spells, but I have no idea which one this could be.”

"Let's go see Professor Dumbledore... Perhaps he knows what to do." Harry said taking hold of Hermione’s hand and guiding 'him' back towards the castle.

As they head towards the corridor that housed the giant statue to the Headmaster's office, they heard a voice call out to them.

"Hey Harry!" Ron yelled, causing Harry to turn towards the tall gangly red-head prefect.

"Hey Ron." Harry responded forgetting that he now looked like Hermione.

"Good one Herms, changed your name to Harry Potter now?" Ron said sarcastically.

"Very funny Ron." Hermione said. "What's up? We are in a big hurry… we are on our way to Dumbledore's office."

Ron noticed that they were still holding hands. "Is there something going on that I should know about with you too? Did you get caught secretly snogging?"

Hermione blushed and they dropped their interlocked hands. "You are such a comedian Ron. Perhaps you should take it on the road!" Hermione said scathingly.

"Bloody Hell, what's got into you mate? You know, I think you are spending too much time with Hermione… you are beginning to sound just like her… So, what is this… did I tread on sensitive territory?" Ron asked.

"Ron! Just shut up ok mate? We have to talk to Professor Dumbledore immediately. We'll see you back in the common room in a bit ok?" Hermione said a bit harsher then she meant to, realizing too late that Harry did not sound that caustic to Ron.

"Geez, fine what ever... I just wanted to let you know that we have Quidditch Practice this evening after dinner." Ron said dejectedly. "Don't let me take you away from anything important with Herms here..."

"Ron... we will explain everything to you when we have answers ourselves. In the mean time, please don't get upset at us for ANY reason ok?" Harry said pointedly.

Ron turned abruptly about and stormed off the other way. Harry took a deep breath and then taking Hermione’s hand again heading towards the staircase, giving the password 'pumpkin pasties'.

Upon entering Professor Dumbledore's office, the Headmaster immediately looked at the pair and offered them chairs to sit down.

Looking at Harry (even though he looked like Hermione) Professor Dumbledore said, "Mr. Potter, I see that the pair of you have a small problem."

"You know what's going on?" Harry asked his now chocolate brown eyes widened in surprise.

"Unfortunately, it would seem that someone has tried to play a despicable joke on you both." the elderly man said looking over his half moon glasses.

"This is a JOKE???" Hermione said loudly.

"Yes, I suspect it has something to do with the Quidditch Cup that is coming up. It i's not the first time that this sort of thing has happened."

"Oh GOOD! Then you know how to change us back!!!!!!" Hermione said excitedly.

"It's not as simple as that. You see, if this is the spell that I believe it to be... it's called 'The Beswitching Spell'."

"I've read about that spell." Hermione said. "It is a dark arts spell called ‘SomAticus Novatio’, but if that's the case..." Hermione’s voice shook and threatened to break in to mournful sobs.

"You are quite right Miss Granger. You and Harry will be under this spell for 744 hours or in layman's terms... 31 days."

"An entire month? There is only 3 weeks left of school. We will be out of school by then. Isn't there someway to counteract the spell?" Harry asked.

"Unfortunately, there is no counterspell to the SomAticus Novatio. It's happened only on two other occasions and ironically, your parents Harry were part of the joke."

"Who could have done such a horrible thing?" Hermione asked.

"Well the last time, it was a prank that went wrong involving one of the Marauders." Professor Dumbledore answered.

"What exactly happened to my folks?" Harry said figuring that if it had been one of the Marauders his mother must have been involved as well.

Professor Dumbledore smiled as he heard Harry figure out that it did indeed involve both of his parents. "The Slytherins were up against the Gryffindor's for the Quidditch cup. From what I was able to determine someone from the Slytherin team thought that if they could take out James as a chaser then they would be able to have a fighting chance to win." He looked at the couple, he could tell who was who just by their aura's. He wondered if this spell would have the same effect on Harry and Hermione as it did on James and Lily. "Instead of causing James to step down from being the chaser, Lily as James took over and did exceptionally well. They won the Quidditch Cup and the time that they were as each other gave them a better insight into the other's lives and..."

"They fell in love?" Harry asked.

"Yes Harry, they did indeed. It was a catalyst that helped bring Lily and James closer even though prior to this, they were not as close as they would end up being. This took place during their 6th year so they didn't have the threat of N.E.W.T.S hanging over their heads, but it was part of the reason that they became Head Boy and Girl the following year." Dumbledore said with a smile.

Harry had always wondered why Remus had not become Head Boy when he had been a Gryffindor Prefect… Realization hit him all at once… "The N.E.W.T.S! Oh Bloody Hell. How are we going to get through those?" Harry said.

"Forget the N.E.W.T.S Harry! What about the Quidditch Cup! Or have you forgotten, I can't fly!!!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Well as my brother Aberforth is fond of saying... 'when life hands you lemons make lemonade...'" Dumbledore said with a twinkle in his eye. "You may want to discuss the situation with the Team Captain... perhaps you can have a reserve play as seeker... Or..."

"Do as my parents did, eh Professor?" Harry said quietly.

"But Harry! I'm afraid of flying!" Hermione was practically hysteric by now thinking about the Quidditch Cup.

"Hermione Marie Granger... I am surprised at you... I KNOW that the only reason you do not fly is that you are afraid of not being an expert in the field. First thing we need to do is get Ron… explain this situation to him and then get my firebolt and head out to the pitch...” Harry said.

"You are right... besides... if I fall off the broom and break my neck, then Ron can put you in as my reserve seeker!" Hermione said

"That's the spirit!" Dumbledore joked. "Honestly children, it will be alright. I have complete faith in your talents and abilities."

"I'm glad somebody does..." grumbled Hermione as they turned and headed towards Gryffindor tower, all the while thinking of how they are going to break the news to Ron...

3. Chapter 2 - Making Lemonade

Muirnin @}>---'---,--- Normal Muirnin @}>---'---,--- 3 502 2003-07-20T19:10:00Z 2003-07-20T19:15:00Z 3 1754 7545 RZHRT Creations 142 54 12282 9.2720

Disclaimer: I do not now, nor at any time, own any of the Harry Potter characters. This is an original plot, based on characters created by J K Rowling with additional characters created by Muirnin Cocan. Any resemblence to any other story is not intentional and is in no way to be regarded as plagurism. Please contact me if you have any concerns. In no way is any money being made nor copyright/trademark infringement intended. J K Rowling owns all rights as well as various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, with additional rights belonging to Warner Bros., Inc. In some cases with all my stories, some parts may be of an adult nature that may not be suitable for all readers. I STRONGLY recommend Reader Discretion and recommend that you pay attention to the story rating as story ratings of R or NC-17 is for language and sexual content.

Summary: How far will a couple of Slytherins go to destroy Gryffindor’s chances to win another Quidditch Cup… See what happens when Harry and Hermione have to experience what life is like as each other…

Spoilers: Books 1-5

Rating: R

Pairings: Harry/Hermione, Ron/Luna

Categories: Humor, Romance

Author’s Notes: I wanted to get this next chapter up yesterday… however… MSN was having some difficulties with ALL of Utah! (Is this where I get to blame QWEST? – Sorry, being from California for the majority of my life I am partial to Pacific Bell… I also had worked there for 5 years!)

I want to thank everyone who reviewed my story so far… I was amazed at how many reviews I had gotten… I have taken into consideration how they are going to ‘adjust’ to their new bodies… evil grin…

For the next chapter I am going to be doing the story in various POV’s… I hope you enjoy!

And now for my standard… A/N: This is supposed to be a short fluffy piece that I had dreamt about and just had to write it... Hope you enjoy... Pass the PUMPKIN PIE and please if you must flame... supply your own marshmallows... I only supply the whipped cream! Read & Review...

BTW… I will supply the graham crackers and chocolate if you want to have s’mores!

The Beswitching Spell

by Muirnin Cocan


Chapter 2 – Making Lemonade

RON’S POV

I still could not believe the way that Harry and Hermione had blown me off earlier. To begin with, it seemed like they were hiding something from me… I mean, granted, I have been spending a lot of time with Luna lately since we started going out steadily last year… leaving my best friends to fend for themselves… which they seemed to do pretty good at anyway even when I was ‘single’.

However… there was a petrified look on Harry’s face like he had just seen You-Know-Who but was treating me with a hostility that usually was reserved by Hermione… and Hermione seemed to be the one who was handling the situation better… but still seemed quite a bit… Oh, I don’t know… Harryish… Do you know what I mean?

“Um… Mr. Weasley?”

I turned to look at the shy voice. It was one of the tiniest first years I have ever seen since Dennis Creevey… “It’s Ron and what do you want… I mean, what can I help you with?” I saw this flicker of fear on the little girls face when I realized that I had snapped at her… reminded me of how Harry had snapped at Herms and I all through 5th year.

“I have been asked by the Head Boy and Girl to have you meet them immediately in their private common room.” She answered back in a quiet voice.

I guess I am still pretty mad at them so I asked, “Did they say what it was about?”

“Ummm, no Sir. Mr. Potter did seem very distraught about something and Miss Granger was trying to calm him down. I would guess it was something important they need to see you about.”

Waving my hand in a dismissive manner I mumbled “Ok thanks.” I turned and headed out the Gryffindor common room and headed to what we had jokingly called the Shag Shack… not that any shagging goes on in there mind you or any snogging for that matter… well unless Luna and I count. We have made use of the common room for quiet snogging on a few occasions…

As I walk into the tastefully decorated common room I am shocked to see Harry dissolved into a puddle of tears upon Herms shoulder and she is trying to comfort him. Oh something is not right here… And then I heard it…

Hermione has her eyes closed, stroking Harry’s hair and then whispered quietly to him… “it’s going to be alright Mione.”

“BLOODY HELL??? What is going on with you two?” I guess I should not have shouted but this was getting too bloody strange for words especially after knowing these two for seven years.

Harry’s head popped up off Hermione’s shoulder and before anyone could say a thing he moved quickly over towards me and flung his arms around my neck… still sobbing.

“Oh Ron!!!” Harry sobbed, “I am so sorry I yelled at you before…”

“Yo... Mate, What’s gotten into you?” I said pulling Harry away from me.

“Ron, you better sit down for this… This is going to take some major explaining.” Hermione said helping Harry back over to the sofa.

For whatever reason, Hermione was doing all the explaining… but what they were saying was even more strange then anything I had ever imagined.

“So… Let me get this right… Harry here is Herms… and you are Harry just looking like Hermione? You’re right… I don’t believe this. Do you know how Malfoy did this?” I said just KNOW that Draco Malfoy was responsible for this.

“Actually, I can pretty much assure you that Malfoy had anything to do with this… I think it may have been Crabbe and Goyle thinking that pulling a prank on me they might be able to impress Malfoy.” Herms oops I mean Harry says then looks over at Hermione as if confirming what he believed to be true.

“He’s right Ron…” I hear Harry’s voice say with the same air that has always been reserved for Hermione. I look at the face that now had Harry’s very distinctive features… but then notice his scar isn’t there…. I look over at Hermione’s face and there faintly under her bangs is that damn bloody scar…

“SHIT! You guys aren’t pulling my leg!” I yelled…

“What do you mean… you thought we were joking here?”

“Herms… I mean Harry your … s s scar it’s on Hermione’s forhead now…”

I watch as both Harry and Hermione rush towards their shared bathroom…

“Oh FUCK!” I hear Hermione’s voice yell out. “What the hell else didn’t Dumbledore say to us?”

HERMIONE’S POV

The first time I looked over and saw my face on Harry’s body I was kind of freaked out… I mean, shit… I have wanted to kiss his adorable face for so long and now… I sort of shiver at the idea that if I did… it would be MY mouth I would be kissing…

But what freaks me out the most is bloody fucking Quidditch… not that I look like Harry Potter… I could look worse… He’s so cute and sexy…. Oh what am I saying… I’m terrified to look into a mirror… I mean… I’ve been able to handle my feelings eternally for a long time… but now looking into the mirror and seeing Harry’s face with his scar staring back at me… I feel my knees quiver…

I quickly work on regaining my composure… We need to start working on my “Quidditch” problem.

“Hey Guys… let’s just deal with the Quidditch problem first. We only have 2 days before the final and then we will deal with N.E.W.T.S. and what ever other shit this spell is going to throw at us.”

“What do you mean the Quidditch Problem?” Ron said then I think reality set in… “OH BLOODY FUCKING HELL! Herms can’t fly!”

“It’s not that I can’t fly Ron… I KNOW how to do that…” I start to defend myself.

“What Mione’s saying is that she just doesn’t know the ins and outs of Quidditch the way I do… since I have been playing it since I was a first year.” Harry’s voice of reasoning besides his wonderful excuse seems strange coming through as my voice.

“Let me go get the Practice robes on… Harry can you help me?” I ask as we head towards Harry’s room leaving Ron ranting privately to himself and pacing back and forth in our common room.

Harry’s POV

Well after seeing the scar on my forehead, even though it looked like Mione’s I am a bit relieved that she will not have to deal with the Occulemency or the still persistant nightmares I have suffered with on nearly a nightly basis.

If I close my eyes, I can almost sense her over in my body… It is giving me a bit of a thrill… but also it scares the living shit right out of me… The ironic thing is that while we were sitting there by the lake I had been contemplating… trying to get the nerve to see if she felt the same way about me that I feel about her.

Walking over to my armoir I pull out two sets of practice robes. I hand one set to Hermione and take the other set for myself. The look on her face is mixed with confusion.

“Mione, I know it seems strange, but I have seen my body a billion times… so there’s no point in us changing in another room… besides, have you ever tried to put quidditch robes on before? It can get a bit tricky.” I reasoned.

Blushing Hermione finally says what I didn’t say… “But Harry, we’ve never seen each other naked… when I take these clothes off… it’s not my body underneith… it’s yours.”

Shit, I think to myself. I had not thought about that. “Mione…” I started to confess.

“Harry, shush… I know… it is part of that unspoken rule that we have been fighting with for years.” She said obviously feeling apprehensive about what is not spoken. “What are we going to do?”

We sat down on the side of my bed. “I honestly don’t know Mione…” I did not look at her because of the fact… hers was not the face I would see… I closed my eyes and visualized her face… her beautiful cinnamon eyes… her wavy brown hair with its bronze highlights that sparkled in the sunshine. “All I know is that for years I have held you in my heart… afraid of the fact that my feelings would not be returned… But I love you with all my heart.”

4. Chapter 3 - Revelations

Muirnin @}>---'---,--- Normal Muirnin @}>---'---,--- 2 1 2003-07-21T14:14:00Z 2003-07-21T14:14:00Z 5 1976 8654 RZHRT Creations 161 67 10627 9.2720

The Beswitching Spell

by Muirnin Cocan

Disclaimer: I do not now, nor at any time, own any of the Harry Potter characters. This is an original plot, based on characters created by J K Rowling with additional characters created by Muirnin Cocan. Any resemblence to any other story is not intentional and is in no way to be regarded as plagurism. Please contact me if you have any concerns. In no way is any money being made nor copyright/trademark infringement intended. J K Rowling owns all rights as well as various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, with additional rights belonging to Warner Bros., Inc. In some cases with all my stories, some parts may be of an adult nature that may not be suitable for all readers. I STRONGLY recommend Reader Discretion and recommend that you pay attention to the story rating as story ratings of R or NC-17 is for language and sexual content.

Summary: How far will a couple of Slytherins go to destroy Gryffindor’s chances to win another Quidditch Cup… See what happens when Harry and Hermione have to experience what life is like as each other…

Spoilers: Books 1-5

Rating: R

Pairings: Harry/Hermione, Ron/Luna

Categories: Humor, Romance

Author’s Notes: I want to say a HUGE HUGE Thank you to all who have reviewed my story… your opinion’s do count and have been very favorable.

And now for my standard… A/N: This is supposed to be a short fluffy piece that I had dreamt about and just had to write it... Hope you enjoy... Pass the PUMPKIN PIE and please if you must flame... supply your own marshmallows... I only supply the whipped cream! Read & Review...

BTW… I will supply the graham crackers and chocolate if you want to have s’mores!


Chapter 3 – Revelations

It did not seem real that he had just said the words but heard Hermione’s voice saying them.

“You do not have to be afraid anymore Harry. I feel the same. Once this is over we have a lot of lost time to make up for.” Hermione said. “Let’s get changed and go practice… or in my case learn Quidditch. By the time we finally do cross that line we will be intimately aware of the other’s body.” She said with a smile then began to giggle when she had heard Harry’s voice coming out of her mouth… “You know if we need to, I think we might be able to find a spell that might help us out here…”

“What do you mean?” Harry asked as he began to undress to change.

Hermione looked over at him and he had stopped and looked down at the near naked body he had undressed. “Oh this is weird… “

“What is?” He said still staring at the voluptuous breasts that had normally been hidden by their school robes.

“I know that I am not aroused by seeing my own body… but ummm… seeing your reaction to my body… it’s making me very aroused… Does that make me kinky or something?” Hermione said blushing, having shed the robe that had been covering Harry’s body which was obviously turned on by what the real Harry was feeling.

“You cause this reaction to me all the time Mione.” Harry said with a smile, then seeing Hermione looking at his body that she was in caused a stiring within him that was making him extrememly warm… his heart palpatating.

“Then I should warn you…”

“No you don’t” Harry said breathlessly. “Wow… you are right this is weird.”

Silence filled the air as they moved closer toward each other… both unconsiously closed their eyes as their lips connected. Their first kiss was tender but so filled with passion that it kept increasing with intensity.

A sudden pounding on the door pulled them apart. “Would you two hurry up there??? Bloody Hell!!! I can’t keep the pitch unavailable for ever!!!!!!!”

“Sorry Ron, we will be right out.” Hermione said through the door. Turning towards Harry she added… “I think I need a cold shower… there’s no way that I can get into those tight quidditch pants like this… “

The two of them hurried up and by the time they had both gotten themselves composed, nobody would be the wiser about what had just transpired between the two best friends. Grabbing his firebolt Harry handed it to Hermione who in turn brushed the bangs down on Harry’s forehead.

“Are you ready?” Harry asked Hermione.

“Scared, but I think I can do this… “ she answered.

“Hey listen mate, I have an idea… it seems that since Seamus isn’t going to be able to play chaser on Saturday why don’t we train you to play chaser… that way both of you are on the field…” Ron said confidently.

“Ron, I don’t even know if I can play seeker… let alone fly!”

Grinning Ron looked at who he knew was Hermione and said, “Trust me… you may be a brainy know it all… but I have every confidence that you will do fine!”

Hermione rolled her eyes…”You do know I am scared to death right?”

“So what else is new?” Ron laughed as he headed them both out to the pitch.

While Ron went into the locker area to change into his robes Harry retrieved a broom for himself to use for the match.

”Ok Love, let’s get you airborn and then we can deal with the other stuff.” Harry said mounting his borrowed broom.

“If you show fear, the broom will retaliate… pretend it’s who ever put the spell on us in the first place and use that as a way to get back at them.”

Hermione mounted Harry’s Firebolt and said a little prayer as she lifted up. She hated heights… but she knew she had to do this and she would do anything to make it possible for them to succeed.

Harry showed her a few seeker techniques that had become invaluable to him and she caugth on fairly well. By the time Ron had emmerged from the locker room Hermione was getting the hang of flying on Harry’s broom.

“Hey you caught on quick!!!” Ron shouted as he brought out the practice balls. He had programmed on of the bludgers to go after the chaser and then released the quaffle and snitch. “We aren’t going to play a huge game but Harry I want you and Hermione to dodge the bludgers and do what a chaser and seeker can do… I of course will try and keep Harry from making the scores… Hermione all I need you to do is catch the bloody snitch!”

“Well… I have read enough about Quidditch to know how it works… just wish me luck.” Hermione said. Harry flew close by to her and leaned over and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek saying ‘good luck’.

“Herms, I would have done the same thing but I would rather kiss you then Harry!” They all laughed at Ron’s comment.

Ron was amazed at how well Harry was doing as chaser. He knew it would be a surprise for the Slytherins to see Hermione as a Chaser… if they only knew…

Hermione on the other hand used her accute eyesight that had always been able to pick out flaws from Harry & Ron’s homework was able to track the snitch fairly well, having caught it seven times in a row.

Back on the ground a pair of silvery grey eyes watched the trio fly around practicing Quidditch. When they had come in for a landing Draco Malfoy headed over toward the player that looked like Hermione Granger.

Seeing the scar on ‘her’ forehead he whispered “Potter, you and I need to talk privately”

“Why are you calling me Potter? Have you gone blind Malfoy?” ‘Hermione’ said.

“Just meet me behind Hagrid’s cottage before dinner.” He said and then added, “If you want to bring Granger go ahead… I have some information for you.” He turned and left.

“What was that all about?” Hermione asked Harry.

“I think he knows something about this spell… he knew I wasn’t you! We need to meet him behind Hagrid’s cottage before supper.”

Behind Hagrid’s Hut

Draco sat on an old log taking a drag off of a cigarette that he had stashed back there. Ever since his father had been sent to Azkaban he had changed personally, but his persona at the school remained the same.

When Harry and Hermione walked up he glanced at them noticing the look of sheer irritation on both their faces.

“Before you say anything, I want you to know I had nothing to do with this.” Draco said taking another drag from his smoke.

“Draco, why do you smoke those things?” Harry asked him sitting down on the log next to him.

“Old habits die hard, I guess. Listen, the two of you are the only ones that know my secrets. I know who did this and why they did it.”

“Ok we’re listening.” Hermione said.

“Apparently, Crabbe and Goyle wanted to impress my father by doing something to Potter here… they forget that being in Azkaban does have it’s limitations with in Voldemort’s army.”

“Those idiots did this?” Hermione said surprisingly.

“Yeah apparently Crabbe’s father had told him about how they had tricked some Gryffindor’s during their 6th year and done the same thing… Vince and Greg thought that I would be proud of them…” Draco said with a roll of the eyes. “You know for someone who doesn’t fly Granger, you did damn well with that seeker today.”

“Thanks… it kind of surprised me myself…” Hermione said.

“The reason I wanted to talk to you both is that I feel like I owe you one for how you have helped out Ginny and I since last year. I came across a spell in some of my father’s old books and I know that it’s been used to help mentally link some of the men who are associated with Lucius… “ He handed Hermione a piece of paper that said ‘Intellectualis pyrobolorum conjectio’ “I don’t know much more about the spell… but I figured if anyone could figure it out it would be you.” Draco put out his cigarette butt on the log then stood up. “I really am sorry that they drug you both into this mess… but don’t think that history is going to repeat itself cause we are going to kick your collective asses on Saturday!” he added with a smirk.

“Yeah sure you are…” Harry said sarcastically. “Hey… thanks again Draco. We both had agreed before hand that we didn’t think you had anything to do with this…”

“Well be careful with that spell… it’s a bit of dark magic… but I don’t know all the side affects involved… I think that Lucius once called it a mental bombardment but I’m not sure what that means.”

“I think I need to go to the library… one of the perks being Head Girl is access to the Restricted section.” Hermione said.

“Yeah but I will have to go with you as well since right now… I’m head girl… and YOU are head boy!” Harry laughed.

“You guys are so weird… this kind of thing would have freaked me out…” Draco said.

“Well it helps having this happen with your best friend… I could just imagine what it would be like to be in say Crabbe or Goyles skin… even for just an hour…” Harry said with a smirk… remembering their second year when he and Ron had used a polyjuice potion to try to get information out of Malfoy by being Crabbe and Goyle.

“Oh now that is just plain scary… Listen, I’ll see you guys later… give Ginny my love.” Draco said softly.