What Happened to Ginny

LiquidVamp

Rating: NC17
Genres: Romance
Relationships: Draco & Ginny
Book: Draco & Ginny, Books 1 - 6
Published: 25/06/2007
Last Updated: 02/09/2007
Status: In Progress

After having her heart broken by Harry, Ginny moves on. But things never are that simple are they? Who knew a simple night out with Luna could have lead to this. Warnings for drug and alcohol abuse. Completed before posting began.

1. Disappointments


Chapter 1

Disappointments

A/N: This is my first chaptered Draco/Ginny fiction. I'm sure it's sucks out loud, but my beta loved it so here you go. This first chapter is not in any way D/G, but in my mind necessary to the story so forgive me for it please. I kept it short so it wouldn't cause too much trauma. Reviews are always welcome. A big thanks to my beta Lbandoly for all the work she has done on this piece.

No copyright infringement intended. All characters are the property of JKR, Scholastic, and any number of other companies with more money than I've ever dreamed of seeing. I didn't make any money off of this, so please don't sue.

Soft music filled the air; dualist Asian string and classic symphonic tones wafting threw the flat in a harmony that was unlike any other. Red and white rose pedals adorned every available surface from the table tops to the carpeted floors. White pillar candles burned on ever table and counter filling every room with a warm glow that just called out to one's more carnal natures. The scents of jasmine, honeysuckle, and vanilla filled the air. Elf wine and chocolate covered strawberries sat ready and waiting by the bed. The bed itself had been transformed from its usual lack-luster self to a magnificent four poster canopy bed cloaked in red and white silk. The duvet now a deep crimson with roses embroidered on its cover with a thread that was so dark red it was nearly black. The entire flat spoke sensuality and sexual desire.

Ginny had taken weeks to plan out this little feast for the lust-driven in preparation for their third wedding anniversary. She just knew Harry would love it. He was a gentle, kind lover; certainly the added sensuality of the flat would serve to drive forth their desire to new heights of passion.

Okay they had never veered far from the standard missionary position in their years together. And no they had never bothered with the romantic notions that some couples found required. She had kept her own disappointments over their waning relationship to herself for some time, but now, now was the time to take a step towards fixing all of that. He obviously wasn't going to be making any grand romantic gestures so that left her to make them. So she had done so on a night that seemed beyond fitting.

Slipping out of her comfortable flannels she traded them for a black silk and lace bustier and matching thong. True she had never actually worn anything quite so brazen for Harry, but that didn't mean he wouldn't enjoy the view. Slipping one of his plain button-up shirts over her illicit outfit she quickly planted herself in full view of the front door to wait for his return from work. The first thing he would see would be her waiting for him in his shirt already aching with need.

She knew him well, within moments of taking her seat the wards were down and he had opened the door. It only took a moment to realize he was not taking well to the changes she had made to their home. “Ginny. What have you done to the place and are you wearing my shirt?”

She stood up and swung her hips in her best come-hither fashion. “It's our anniversary, I thought a change of pace might be nice. And yes I'm wearing your shirt; don't you want to find out what I am or rather what I might not be wearing beneath it?”

She watched as he took a haggard breath and looked her in the eye. “Ginny now isn't a good time for this.”

It took every ounce of control she had in her to not let tears come to her eyes at his near blatant refusal of her many charms. “Why not Harry. As I'll once again remind you it's our anniversary, our third to be exact. What better time for a night of passionate love-making could there be?”

He dropped his gaze from her darkened eyes, “Ginny I can't do this anymore. I love you, but I'm not in love with you.” He walked in the closet and left her standing in the middle of the sitting room stunned.

When he returned to the room he had a small trunk levitated in front of him. “I'll be back tomorrow for the rest of my things. Don't worry about leaving, you can keep the flat. I'll have my solicitor ring by your work tomorrow with separation papers.” He gave her one last look before leaving through the door he had entered not a half hour before without so much as a goodbye.

-->

2. A Brother’s Comfort


Chapter 2

A Brother's Comfort

A/N: Thanks to Dracoginnylover24 for the review and lucky wishes. Please remember reviews are always welcome. Big thanks to my beta Lbandoly for her hard work.

No copyright infringement intended. All characters are the property of JKR, Scholastic, and any number of other companies with more money than I've ever dreamed of seeing. I didn't make any money off of this, so please don't sue.

Fours weeks had passed since Ginny Weasely Potter had been left by savor-of-the-wizarding-world Harry Potter himself. She had left their, no her, flat once in that time just two days after him leaving her stunned and in tears. She wouldn't have gone then if it hadn't been required by the ministry of matrimony to sign the divorce decree. Normal wizarding law normally required a six month separation period before allowing a divorce to be finalized, however there were two notable exceptions to that rule. If a marriage was never consummated and could be proven, the wedding would be absolved without question. The second and far more likely to happen was in cases of infidelity. Apparently the boy-who-lived didn't even bother to lie to the ministry about his reason for seeking a separation from his wife when applying for a legal separation a fortnight before. He was granted not only a separation but a full divorce. Due to his wandering eye he was forced by wizarding law to give Ginny half of his. Ginny had been called to the ministry to sign the documentation required to finalize the divorce and transfer the estate into her name.

Despite her burning humiliation she had been kind enough to not agree with the ministry's decree to give her ownership of Godric's Hollow but instead insisted that she would prefer the London and Hogsmead flats in its stead. She frankly had no desire to own either, but she didn't fancy going back to the Burrow either.

So here she sat on the corner of the sofa in her London flat, skin pale from lack of sun light, eyes darkened and hallow from weeks of tears. Her already tiny frame was only marginally thinner even after weeks of no appetite as the hurt and humiliation boiled into raging anger.

That's how her older brother Charlie found her when he came to check on her at the end of the forth week of her solitude.

A knock at the door drew her up from her spot on the sofa. She walked to the door and opened it to find her favorite brother on the other side. Launching herself into his arms she cried in the hall like it was the first time she had done so since the night Harry had left. After what seemed like an eternity Charlie picked her up and carried her into the flat and sat on the sofa as she continued to cry with an openness he hadn't seen from her since before her time at Hogwarts.

“Gin bug you have to stop crying. It will all be okay, I promise.”

Between sobs and hiccups she managed to get out an “I know.” Charlie knew how hard it was to lose someone. Not from personal experience mind you, but he had seen more than one couple lose their hold on a relationship. It was a common known fact that dragon trainers made bad husbands; the job it just too dangerous. It does nothing but put strain on relationships. In his camp he had seen no less than three divorces among fellow trainers. Watching it from the man's point of view was one thing. Watching a woman go threw it; much less his baby sister was something entirely different. But since the only piece of advice he knew was meant for the men he watched go through this he figured it would have to do. After all, each of the three had been left by their spouses; maybe the same would work for her after all.

“Ginny I know this sounds awfully callus of me, but maybe it's time to get back on the dragon so to speak.”

She lifted her head and cut him a questioning look that just begged to know what he was talking about. “Come again?”

“Maybe you should clean yourself up and go out on a date.”

“It's only been a month Charlie how do you expect me to just drop it and go out and start something new?”

“I didn't say you had to marry the first bloke that crossed your path sis. Get out, have fun, have a few drinks, dance a few dances. Go out waste some poor bloke's money on dinner a few nights then cut him loose and move on to the next guy.”

“You can't be serious Charlie. That sounds like something the twins would tell me.”

He laughed. “They probably would. Hell they would probably go out with you just to see how many hearts you could break in one evening.”

“I don't know. It sounds infinitely better than sitting here crying over something that can never be fixed. But it also sounds like a recipe to destroy what's left of my reputation. I can just see the Daily Prophet gossip pages now. `Potter's Wife Turned London Harlot.' If mum didn't kill me Ron would.”

“They don't have to know.”

The scathing look of disbelief she cut him was priceless. “How, pray tell, am I gonna go out and find these men of loose morals without everyone in the magic British world not finding out about it?”

“Go into muggle London. Certainly you can find something there to have a bit of fun with. It's not like you have to go out and announce that you're a witch to unsuspecting strangers.”

“I guess that could be fun. Luna was telling me about some clubs called Goth that she thought I might like. But I don't own anything I could wear to any kind of club anymore.”

“Like you need an excuse to shop,” he scoffed.

“Okay Charlie, I promise to get out of this flat and go find something fun to do this weekend. Would it make you feel better if I took Luna as a witness?”

He laughed. “No but an owl every now and then to let me know you're having fun wouldn't be unwelcome. Now go get dressed and let your big brother take you out to dinner. If I know you there isn't anything in that kitchen of yours to eat but coffee and pumpkin pasties.”

-->

3. Confessions


Chapter 3

Confessions

A/N: My muse is simple girl. All she likes are plot bunnies and reviews. So be kind to Maggie and feed her review cookies please. Big thanks to my beta Lbandoly for her hard work.

No copyright infringement intended. All characters are the property of JKR, Scholastic, and any number of other companies with more money than I've ever dreamed of seeing. I didn't make any money off of this, so please don't sue.

Saturday morning dawned sunny and cool. For the first time in a month she didn't wake up and instantly realize the other side of the bed was cold and empty. Charlie would call that progress. Maybe he was right, getting out could be just what the healer ordered. Broken hearts didn't just up and fix themselves. If she wanted to heal then she would have to do the work to put the pain behind her so she could move on with her life. If the mere thought of a night out being free could cause her to wake up this pleased then the actual act would surely go further towards aiding her recovery.

She rolled out of the bed and hit the floor bouncing with anticipation. She went straight for the kitchen, flicking her wand about. Within moments a perfectly brewed pot of coffee sat steaming. She prepared a fresh cup and went to the living room to find a quill and parchment. She sat at the open roll-top secretary to write a quick note to Luna.

Luna,

Charlie talked me into going out tonight. He had to go back to Romania so he can't come with us. Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping with me this afternoon and help me find something to wear to one of those muggle clubs you've been going on about. I'll even treat you to dinner at the Leaky if you want to go clubbing with me.

Don't bother owling if you do, just floo on over. If not, owl, I'll drag Colin or someone else with me.

Love,

Gin

She secured the roll of parchment to her brown owl Hermmie. “Take this to Luna please.” With an approving hoot the owl set off through the open window in search of Ginny's oldest friend.

Knowing she would have at least half an hour before she either saw Luna or got an owl saying she wasn't coming, Ginny headed for a nice long soak and much deserved pampering in the tub. Today was the beginning of her new life after all. It only seemed right to start it off in the best way she could think of.

She looked in the bathroom mirror and found that she didn't look quite as hallow and dead as she had the day before. A good attitude and a good night's sleep had done wonders for her. Not to mention the meal that just seemed to never end the night before with Charlie. She had eaten until she literally felt like he would have to roll her home.

She smiled at her reflection. “Yep, a good bath and some make-up and I'll look as good as new.”

A while later a knock at the door drew Ginny out of her mental drifting. “Ginny I'm here.”

“I'll be out in a minuet Luna. I was just getting out of the bath.”

“Okay. I'm gonna grab a cup of coffee.”

“Help yourself. You know where everything is.”

A short while later Ginny emerged from her bedroom dressed in a Weird Sisters t-shirt and a pair of low-riding muggle jeans. Complete with ballerina style slippers in vibrant pink. They had been a Christmas gift from Hermione. Apparently they were “80's” fashion and currently one of the more popular things in muggle fashion. “So, where to Luna? Muggle London since we plan on clubbing in the muggle world tonight?”

Luna looked more than a bit ashamed of herself. “Ginny before we leave you might want to know something. Okay, maybe not want to know, but you need to know before we go out and spend the small fortune shopping that we normally do.”

“What?” She couldn't fathom where this side of Luna was coming from unless… “You're not shagging Harry are you?”

“Merlin's beard no. Why would you ask such a thing? The crumple-Horned Snorkacks haven't been sending you subliminal messages that I have?”

“Um no, it was just the way you were saying that you had something to tell me. It sounded like it was going to be bad; shagging Harry type bad. I didn't mean to imply you would do something like that Luna.”

“Oh it's no matter. I understand. I would ask every woman I talked to if my husband admitted to the world he had been in some other woman's bed. But that is all around the block isn't it? What I was gonna say is that the club I have been raving on about isn't in muggle London.”

“But you said?”

“I know I said it was. I didn't want you to get upset if you knew where I had actually been going.”

“Alright, then where is it?”

“Well it's in London, just not muggle London.”

“I don't know of any clubs in Diagon Alley.”

“That's because it's not there either. It's…” She just couldn't seem to get it out.

“I have known you for how long now? Not once do I remember you ever putting off telling me something. Get on with it Luna. It can't possibly be that bad.”

Luna took a deep breath before spitting it out as quickly as she could possibly speak. “It's in Knockturn Alley.”

“Luna!” Ginny couldn't believe her ears. All this time her best friend had been going into that den of evil all for the fun of a night out. Certainly not, nope, no way, not her best friend.

Luna gave her a sheepish look. “See I told you you'd be upset. It's not nearly as bad as you're imagining I'm sure. Knockturn's much safer than it was when you-know-who was still alive. I guess you wouldn't want to go parading down it like you owned it or anything. And you certainly don't want to talk to the hag that sells beetles from a cart, but it's not entirely unsafe either. I've been going to AK almost every weekend for over six months without so much as a hair on my head harmed.”

“Luna surely the name of this club hasn't escaped you. It's a bloody unforgivable for Merlin's sake.”

“I know Gin, but the owner says it stands for the initials of his former lover. I believe him.”

“You also believe in crumple-Horned Snorkacks,” she mumbled.

Either Luna didn't hear her or just opted to pay her no mind. “I'll admit that most people who go there to party do think it stands for the curse. Its running nickname among the crowd is `Unforgivable,' but that's only because everyone knows it's the darkest, and by darkest I do mean best, place in Knockturn to party.”

“Luna, how did you wind up in a place like that? Any place named after the death curse cannot be good, whether they own up to it or not.”

“I don't rightly know. I just remember wanting to go out and have some fun without people staring at me or calling me `Loony Luna' behind my back. I remembered reading somewhere about those muggle Goth clubs and wondering if we had anything like them. Knockturn seemed the only likely place if we did. So I went searching. Sure enough, Knockturn has an entire little row of them. AK just happens to be the best of them.”

Ginny gave her friend a doubtful look.

“Come on Gin I promise it's not unsafe. I wouldn't do that to you. We spent entirely too much time while we were in school in danger for me to toss you into any place dangerous. You might even know other people there. I know there are a few Ravenclaws from our year that hang out there. Not that I actually talk to them but they are there.”

She thought about it for a moment. It wasn't like she hadn't ever been in Knockturn Alley. She had…during the day, but none the less still there. The place had never really instilled fear in her. But then again very little did after her first year at Hogwarts. “Blimey. Okay if you're sure it's worth it then I'm in. Take me shopping already.”

Luna smiled. “You'll love it.”

“Shopping?”

“Well yeah, but I meant the club silly.”

“No. I meant are you ready to go shopping?”

Luna giggled. “Oh yeah. We still need to go to muggle London for that. Wizarding fashion just doesn't cut it at AK.”

“Then by all means, lead the way.”

Luna grabbed hold of Ginny's arm and apparated them from the flat.

*** Credits to Killitb4itdies(lj) and _normal_girl_(lj) for help with the name of Club AK.

-->

4. Changes in the Wind


Chapter 4

Changes in the Wind

A/N: My muse is simple girl. All she likes are plot bunnies and reviews. So be kind to Maggie and feed her review cookies please. Big thanks to my beta Lbandoly for her hard work.

No copyright infringement intended. All characters are the property of JKR, Scholastic, and any number of other companies with more money than I've ever dreamed of seeing. I didn't make any money off of this, so please don't sue.

Luna drug Ginny from one shop to the next all over London, breaking only once for lunch at a fish and chips shop that had turned out to be surprisingly tasty. Luna raved on about it being one of the few shops that still wrapped their wares in newsprint. She was going on about other places not doing it because of the ink in the print getting in the food. Truthfully Ginny hadn't paid too much attention to her friend's rant in favor of actually eating her lunch. After all it takes a lot of energy out of a girl to shop all day.

The only other stop outside of clothing stores had been unplanned and also the last stop of the day before returning to the Leaky for dinner.

Ginny still couldn't believe just how much money she had spent on their little outing. Well it wasn't a whole lot in Wizarding money, but in muggle money she had spent more than she figured most would in a day. The evidence of their outing was filling every pocket they had between them; package after package shrunken to more easily carry as they moved from shop to shop.

By the end of the day she had purchased nearly an entirely new ward r f robe of muggle clothing; clothes for any and all occasions. It wasn't like she needed to justify her purchases. She was allowed to wear anything she wanted to work and often did opt for muggle jeans and pants under her standard daily wear robes. Frankly muggle clothes were just more comfortable, not to mention figure flattering. Plus a cute pair of muggle jeans could make a wizard mess his trousers. Any witch worth her womanly wiles knew that.

The most notable purchases were the ones specifically bought for her new `night life.' After all witch robes apparently weren't the accepted norm at AK and clubs of its particular rank.

To say that leather, silk, lace, and velvet were the fabrics of perversion would not be over stating her new wardrobe of debauchery. She couldn't help but shake her head and laugh to herself. If her bothers, specifically if Ron, saw the items she bought they would all cart her off to St. Mungo's ward for the mentally unstable. Or at the very least ward her into her own flat so that she could never leave it. Well maybe not Charlie. He was after all far more accepting of his little sister being a woman. He rarely ever questioned anything she did or said, aside from her month long exile.

After a quick floo back to Ginny's flat the games were on. The girls dressed quickly even though it was still early according to Luna. Ginny stared at her own reflection in the full length mirror. It was hard to believe the image that shined back at her was hers. The outfit had been toe tagged by Luna while they were shopping as being the perfect ensemble for Ginny's first venture into the underground world of clubbing Knockturn style. A black velvet buster with red lace down the sides hinted at the creamy flesh beneath it. They paired it with a black silk skirt that had a drifting hem line that started around mid thigh and tapered back so that it just barely trailed the ground behind her. Black fishnet stockings that Luna had insisted needed a few holes torn in them and Italian leather lace-up combat boots completed the new `Goth Ginny' look.

But the thing that really made the picture was the results of their last stop before dinner. On an impulse they stopped in a muggle salon. Ginny turned to look at her friend. “Luna, are you sure my hair looks okay like this?”

Luna couldn't help but laugh at her friend second guessing herself. She should have known that would be what came of doing something like this the semi-permanent muggle way. Oh sure it wasn't really undoable. Ginny's hair would grow back in a few months. It wasn't like she cut it all off, just a good six inches or so. And hair color does eventually either fade or grow out. In most women's cases both. And they were witches after all. It wasn't like they couldn't cast a charm to make it look any way they pleased if they tired of it. “It looks stunning. Though I have to admit I was surprised that you opted for a muggle cut and die job over a charm.”

“I wanted something new and outrageous. Make a total change. Out with the old, in with the new so to speak; doing this the muggle way seemed the more fitting thing. ” She turned back to the mirror. “Seriously though, the auburn looks good?”

“Yeah it does. I really like the black streaks. They really make the look come together.”

Half an hour later both girls looked the picture of two muggle Goths. “Ready to go Luna or is it still too early?”

“Nope, we can go. Nine is by far late enough. Sorry it took me longer to do my hair than it normally does. But it was worth it, I love how it looks.”

Ginny was waiting while Luna tossed all her stuff together and tucked her wand inside her boots. “Let me grab my cloak from your room. Take my word; walking through Diagon Alley dressed like this will get you the type of attention you do not want. Unless you like being the topic of Rita Skeeter's quill that is. Do you want me to grab yours too? We can always transfigure them into chokers or some other accessory when we get into Knockturn Alley so we don't have to drag them around with us all night.”

“Yes please.”

Moments later their cloaks were wrapped tightly around them and they were standing just outside the notorious alley. “Gin we don't have to go if you're not sure about it. There are plenty of muggle clubs we could go to instead.”

“No I'm okay with it. I'm just thinking that I don't think this is exactly what Charlie had in mind when he suggested I start going out to have fun.”

Luna laughed. “Probably not, but I doubt he would try to stop you from doing it; Ron, Percy, and Bill certainly, the twins maybe, but not Charlie. He's too much a danger junkie to ever tell anyone not to do something just because it's dangerous.”

“You certainly do know my brothers Luna.”

“Well I have spent a lot of time at your parent's house over the years. What do you expect?”

“Point taken. So are we ready?”

“I've been ready. I'll leave the first step up to you. After all you're the one all worried about it. But leave your cloak on till we are a few meters in. We wouldn't want anyone out here to see what we are wearing.”

After making sure no one they knew was around they ducked into the infamous alley. It didn't take long to begin passing witches and wizards that seemed a fair shake towards the shady side of life.

“Okay we're in far enough.” Lune removed her cloak and held it before her. Casting a quick transfiguration spell she turned her cloak into a studded choker that looked more like a dog collar than a necklace. Ginny followed suit but opted to turn hers into a lace necklace with a silver broken heart hanging form it. When she put it on, it came to rest in the center of her cleavage.

The rest of the walk through Knockturn Alley didn't take nearly as long as Ginny had thought it might. The crowd had been thin because of the late hour until they hit the strip of clubs that sat near the far end. Long lines of people stood waiting to enter just about everywhere. But by far the line into AK was the worst.

“Luna how long are we gonna have to wait out here?”

Luna giggled. “Not long at all.” Walking up to a familiar, rather heavy set man Luna flashed a smile. “Greg you know you're gonna let me skip the line.”

`Greg, why did that name seem so familiar,' Ginny thought to herself watching her best friend seemingly flirt with the bouncer. Luna's voice dragged her back to reality. “Ginny you remember Greg from Hogwarts right. Gregory this is Ginny. Ginny this is Gregory Goyle.”

Wow time really did alter people. Sure he was still rather heavy, but Greg was a good foot taller than she remembered him being. “Um yeah I do. Nice to see you again.”

Greg didn't reply to her half-hearted nicety. “Luna, Blaise is waiting inside.” He lifted the velvet cord that held back the masses and allowed the two girls to pass through.

“Thanks Greg.”

Ginny honestly didn't know what to think. Her best friend had a side that she honestly never knew existed. “You just had a friendly little chat with Goyle of all people?”

“Yes Gin I did. He's been very friendly to me since we left school. I think him losing his parents in the war might have been the best thing for him. For that matter the same can be said for a lot of the Slytherins we went to school with.”

“I guess that explains why he said Zabini was waiting for you?”

“Well a bit yeah. I tend to meet him here on weekends. It's no relationship if that's what you're thinking. A bit of fun that's all.”

Ginny couldn't help but wonder just how much odder the night was going to get.

~****~

For the Reviewers:

Big thanks to Renegade Faerie and Dracoginnylover24 for their reviews.

-->