From London to Chicago

Marauders__x

Rating: R
Genres: Drama, Romance
Relationships: Harry & Hermione
Book: Harry & Hermione, Books 1 - 7
Published: 31/12/2007
Last Updated: 24/02/2008
Status: In Progress

The Trio have formed busy lives now that the war is finally over. Ron's off making a fortune, Hermione owns her own book company in the muggle world, and Harry's at the Ministry ... but no one knows that. He's been shunned from his friends and family and finally after 8 years he's ready to go back and make everything right.

1. The Confrontation


Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns all Harry Potter related.

[AN]: This first chapter is mostly words not where they would be actually talking. There is some of it, but not all of it. For this one I just wanted to give the concept of what would be happening to both Harry and Hermione.

Chapter One: The Confrontation

---

It was the end of November almost and London was experiencing cold, rainy days. People were coming out with umbrellas at hand and whatever else they needed for the entire day. As the rain was coming down in London, a woman about 25 years old was standing in a building just looking out her office window. The water droplets against the window made her look like she was made of water dots. But the woman on the other side of that window sure knew how to handle a Book company.

Hermione Granger, now 25 years old and working for her own Book company, she looked older and sharper than before. Though, the past had left her scars to remember forever and memories to cherish till the very end for her. Hermione itched the backside of her hand where she had a very light scar from the war. She looked down at it and wondered where everyone she knew was.

She hadn't heard from Ron in 2 years seeing as how he found a good place to work outside of London and Harry...that was a completely different story altogether. She hadn't heard of him since they were 17 years old, right after the war. No letters, phone calls, nothing. Ron hardly knew where he was either. Hermione had a feeling the Ministry set him up to do something stupid and not come back to the real world.

A knock at the door interrupted her thoughts and the door clicked open.

"Ms. Granger?" her assistant, Paula DeJoure, asked in a curious voice.

"Yes, Paula?" Hermione said, turning around to face her.

"I have some more orders for you to confirm so that we can definitely ship out the books."

Paula walked to her desk and placed a beige, file folder on top of a stack of papers. With that done, she left the room, closing the door behind her.

Hermione sighed and looked at her desk. Her life had no more real happiness in it anymore. She would sometimes go home, work till midnight, fall asleep at 2:00 in the morning and start the day over again. She wanted all that to change. Her parents' weren't making the best of it for her. It was stress that was overtaking her life and she didn't want that.

Hermione walked over to her desk and sat down in the fine, leather chair she had. She opened up the beige file folder that Paula left and looked through the information of what certain books some companies, or schools, wanted. That was her life story at the moment. Giving people the books they wanted. She promised herself that she didn't want to do this for the rest of her life.

-

Tick-tock. Tick-tock.

The large clock on the wall, its face showing a collection of stars and twelve hands pointing in various directions. The cramped cubicle was filled with the sound of the clock counting out the seconds, so loud in the silence that it seemed they would shake the papers from the small desk. Dozens of files and loose forms were scattered across the wooden surface and a few violet envelopes were stacked on the floor beside the squat leather chair where the office's occupant sat. The man sitting at the desk leaned his head into his hands, his long fingers slipping up into his tousled black hair. Emitting a sigh, the man tilted his bright green gaze upwards and his attentions lingered on the clocks surface.

Still not time, he thought in exasperation, leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms over his chest.

For the past eight years Harry Potter had been slaving away in the bowels of the Ministry of Magic, deep within the Department of Mysteries. He had been forbidden contact with any of his friends or those he had grown to see as family. With a wistful smirk, Harry glanced down at a photograph perched on the corner of his desk, barely visible behind a stack of paperwork.

Lifting the frame, he brushed his thumb across the glass surface. Beneath it he saw a younger rendition of himself, surrounded by the two people he held dearest to him. On one side, a tall and gangly red-haired boy, a lazy smile on his freckled face. On the other side was a young woman, her bushy brown hair pulled back as she laughed at the camera, a book held comfortably in her left arm.

Harry laughed distractedly as he gazed down at the moving portrait, the three youths gazing up and laughing in return. Oh those joyful years he had spent at Hogwarts with his closest friends always by his side. Near him until the end of it all. If there was one thing he regretted it was his inability to maintain contact with these two but truthfully that had been part of the reason he had taken this job.

A loud knock on the door made Harry jerk his head upward. “Potter?” a deep voice asked.

“Come in,” Harry returned, gesturing his wand at the door, which swung open. A tall man entered, bowing his head so as not to collide with the doorframe. He smiled vaguely at Harry as he dropped into the chair opposite the cluttered desk.

“Nearly time to go, I see,” the man said, glancing up at the clock.

“Are you sure you really want to leave the Department of Mysteries? You have done us a wonderful amount of help, it will be a tremendous loss to see you go.”

Harry smiled half-heartedly. “Sorry, Bridger, I just can't stand being cooped up in this hell hole any longer,” he said with a laugh. “I've spent more time than my mind truly needed. I wasn't one of those people made to be lock up. I need freedom, fresh air…”

“And your friends?” Bridger asked, glancing at the portrait in Harry's hands.

Harry looked down and nodded.

“Well then, it was a pleasure working with you. Remember your blood oath to tell of nothing that you worked on here, it would be a pain to see your name in the obituaries, dear boy.”

Harry grinned, standing up and extending his hand. “It was a pleasure working with you as well,” he said, shaking the older man's hand eagerly.

He looked up and felt a great leap of excitement to see that the end of his shift had officially come.

“And now, I am free to return to the real world.”

Without further ado, Harry grabbed up his belongings and headed towards the door. Leaving the revolving entrance hall, Harry made his way into the lift and from there he left the Ministry for the last time via the visitor's entrance. He was free to enjoy the real world and he wanted to enjoy it fully.

Harry stepped from the broken telephone box and into a rainstorm. Smiling at the feeling of the rain on his skin, Harry left off his coat. While he had felt rain over the years, as a free man it suddenly felt far better. Harry began walking along the busy road, glancing up at the businesses he passed with his green eyes wide. He couldn't wait to get home and send an owl to Ron and Hermione, simply to know that for the first time in years he was free to talk to them. He hoped desperately they wouldn't be too upset with him to want to communicate.

Harry paused, glancing at the building nearest him.

It was a bookstore.

Thinking suddenly of Hermione, Harry turned and walked inside, glancing around at the enormous stacks of books that filled the room.

That's what I'll do, Harry thought triumphantly. I'll get them both gifts. I can get Hermione one of these books, she'd love that.

Harry began browsing the shelves but had no idea where to begin. Casually his gaze drifted over a box that stood against a wall, presumably full of books to be shipped. His eyes stopped suddenly on the label and he felt for a moment that his heart had stopped.

“Impossible,” he breathed aloud, but the proof was all too clear on the label.

Turning and heading towards the back of the building he saw the administration desks and he stopped in front of a young secretary.

“Excuse me,” he said and gave a distracted smile as the woman looked up at him. “The manager of this business, is it truly a Miss Hermione Granger?”

“Yes,” the woman replied, looking hesitant.

Harry's smile grew.

“Would there be any way for me to get in to see her?” he asked hopefully. “I'm an old friend and it would really mean the world to me.”

He flashed her his most charismatic smile, praying that the woman would give him the chance he needed. He wanted so desperately to know if the woman who ran this business truly was the young studious girl he had grown up with.

-

Hermione was tapping her pen against the form that was right in front of her at the moment. She sighed heavily and looked over at the clock.

“Only four more hours,” she muttered to herself and looked back down at the piece of paper.

She had lost her place where she was reading. Each and every form had its own description of the book, but sometimes for her it was painful just reading it; her eyes scanning every single word, every single sentence. To get it done faster she just scanned through it and signed her name at the end that the book was alright to be shipped to that specific place. A rumble was heard outside and she looked over at her office window. It was raining harder than ever now and she was worried if it was going to be impossible to apparate through that mess.

All of a sudden her phone beeped with a flash of red light on one of the buttons. Hermione noticed it was Paula and she pressed the `Talk' button.

“Yes, Paula?” Hermione said looking over at her phone.

“There is someone here who wants to see you. It's an old friend of yours apparently.”

Harry stood anxiously beside the secretary's desk as he listened to their conversation through the small speaker attached to the phone. He listened to the voice, looking for similarities between this one and the one in the dregs of his memory, but there was too little to go on.

Hermione formed her face into a confused expression and shook her head slightly.

“Which friend are we talking about here?” she asked curiously.

“Well, um, he really doesn't want me to say.”

That description really didn't help but she was hoping it was a client of hers from a long time ago who she hadn't of seen in awhile.

“Alright whoever it is just let them through.”

From there Hermione turned off the `Talk' button and leaned back into her chair. She looked over her desk and her eyes landed on a picture frame. She shrugged and moved forward to pick it up. It was a black frame with three young people in the picture.

She closed her eyes and she could just hear their voices in her head from the last time she had seen them. Before she got too emotional about it, she placed the picture down quickly and frowned slightly. She didn't know where Ron was at all after the two years of not talking. Harry was a completely different story altogether.

Paula in the meantime smiled over at the young man who was waiting at the front of the desk.

“She says you could go and see her, but I am warning you that she may be a bit crabby.”

“Thank you, ma'am,” he said, inclining his head to her and giving her another grin.

Through the years he had slowly grown into the same smooth, charismatic smile that his father had once proudly bore, although lately he had little cause for showing it.

Paula guided him over to a brown door behind the desk and opened it up for him to go through.

“Her office is straight down this hallway and from there take a right. You can't miss it.”

Harry walked through the doorway and entered a narrow and pristinely clean hallway. He trod cautiously, as if afraid that his presence was dishonoring to this place. The walls were decorated with things that would commonly be expected on the walls of a business; pieces of artwork in dulcet tones, portraits of important people smiling, occasionally an inspirational saying accompanied by a photograph on framed posters.

From there she watched the young fellow disappear beyond the doorway and closed it shut. She hoped Hermione would be completely surprised by who was coming to visit her.

Hermione had her head down on her desk. She wanted to go home so badly it wasn't even funny. Today was not her work day. It was one of those days where she just wanted to be alone with her books and nothing else. Now she had someone coming into her office who she hardly even knew.

“Go ahead and make yourself a book company,” she scoffed and rolled her eyes. “What was I thinking?”

Once he had reached the end of the hall he turned to his right and saw a short passage leading to a plain wooden door. As he drew nearer, Harry noticed that a small plaque of dark colored plastic, much like the plaques on the door of a doctor's office, had been fixed to the wooden surface and declared out `Hermione Granger' in large, solid letters.

Harry lifted his hand to the knob but then hesitated. He suddenly became extremely self-conscious, realizing that he must look like a homeless vagrant. His jeans and shirt were soaked and wrinkled, matching his soggy shoes which were worn far beyond their years. In his other hand were his coat, also drenched, and a small knapsack that contained his few personal belongings he had taken from his office.

The normally messy black hair was clinging to his forehead, hiding the lightning scar, and he touched his cheek and discovered that it was coated in stubble, remembering that he had forgotten to shave that morning.

Still Harry couldn't fight the urge to find out if this woman was one of his best friends. Lifting his hand purposefully once more, Harry took a breath and rapped on the door.

She heard a loud knock on the front door of her office and lifted her head up from her desk. Hermione ran a hand through her soft, wavy curls instead of the bushy hair she had before. Thankfully over the years it finally decided that it was just out of style.

“Come in,” she said loudly and rearranged her desk so everything looked alright and neat.

Hearing a call of entrance, Harry grabbed the knob and slowly pushed the door open to reveal a quaint and comfortable office. However as he stepped in, his eyes were not surveying the room; they had become fixed on the sole inhabitant of the room.

Standing behind her desk in an impressively cut suit, her tamed brown curls lying around her face, was a young woman he had not seen in nearly a decade. She seemed to be staring at him with as great a shock as he felt staring back at her. For a worrying moment he wondered if she was shocked to see such a battered looking man in her doorway or if she truly did remember him.

Shifting uncertainly under her blatant gaze, Harry reflexively ran his fingers through his hair. "Er...Hermione, hi," he managed to say.

[AN]: Hopefully I did well for the first chapter. I want to hear some reviews and I feel horrible for leaving you guys there without her full reaction.

Better things will come. =]

Please review and tell me if it was worth the reading!

-->

2. Getting to Know Each Other Again


Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns everything Harry Potter related.

[AN]: This chapter involves Harry and Hermione finally getting it on … not in that way at least.

Chapter Two: Getting to Know Each Other Again

Hermione thankfully was holding a pen in her hand when all of this was happening. She was fidgeting with it while she was looking at the man she probably knew when she was 11 years old. She bit her bottom lip and she looked down for a second then back up to look at him. All of a sudden something just built up inside of her chest. It was screaming to come out, but she couldn't find her voice.

She heard the man's voice and she couldn't believe what a sound it was either. It was a deep, but with a lot of love and care along with it. She swallowed hard and moved around her desk slowly, placing the pen down onto her desk. Her heals made a small noise every time she took a step forward. Hermione made her way in front of her desk and just stood there, trying to get a better look.

He's changed so much, she thought and felt her eyes get watery.

“Harry?” she said and moved a little forward, her heals once more clicked against the floor.

She said his name and all the worry seemed to vanish within him.

Quickly she walked over to him and the last few steps she jogged up to him. Harry smiled broadly and dropped his bag as she rushed into his open arms.


“Oh, Hermione,” he said happily, lifting her from the ground and spinning in a circle with the momentum.

He felt a twinge of guilt as he realized that he was getting her nice suit wet but disregarded this thought in his happiness. As Hermione looked up into his face, he gazed back at her, his green hues examining every detail of her face. She had certainly grown into her looks. Her once bushy brown hair had finally receded into delicate waves instead, and they circled her face which had lost all traces of baby fat, leaving it angular and smooth. A truly genuine smile danced across her lips and Harry felt his heart race.

“I still can't believe it's you,” she said and just threw her arms around him once more being twirled by him.

She laughed, and for the first time probably, her laugh meant something this time around. She was held tightly against him until once more she was placed down, her heals clicking again.

“For a minute there you scared me,” he said with a small smile, looking down at her face.

“Well how should I know that someone like you would end up here?”

Harry grinned and sighed happily. “It's just really nice to see you.”

“You have no idea … But now you have to explain a whole lot.”

“I want to know everything from the start to the end. Why didn't you return my letters? I sent you a letter every single week until I just gave up. I had a feeling the Ministry was probably burning them up so you couldn't read them,” she said slightly annoyed by the fact of it.

“Why were you gone for so long, Harry?” she asked softly just looking at him.

“You have no idea what impact you did on me after all these years.”

“And as much as I would like to tell you from start to finish, I am afraid I can't.”

He raised a hand as Hermione opened her mouth to argue and she fell silent.

“Please, wait. You have to hear me out and then you'll see why.”

Hermione nodded and Harry leaning back into the chair and resting one ankle on his knee.

“First off, I'm sorry I lost contact. If I had had my way I would have written you and Ron every day. Unfortunately that was a luxury I was denied.

“After the final battle I couldn't stand all the publicity,” Harry continued, sighing.

“Everyone wanted to worship `The Boy Who Lived.' It was ten times worse than it had ever been and it was driving me insane. After only a week I wanted nothing more than to be free of all these people and have a little solitude until the hysteria died away. That was when a man from the Ministry approached me and offered me a position in the Department of Mysteries. The idea of being separated from the rest of the world was too tempting to ignore and so I accepted on the spot, and I became an Unspeakable.”

At this Harry gestured to his bag, which he had left by the door, and it zoomed across the floor to him. Opening it, Harry withdrew a stack of letters tied with twine, each one with his name written across its envelope in Hermione's curling script.

“This is every letter you've written me over the years,” Harry said, and then set another stack beside it, slightly smaller.

“This is every letter Ron wrote me,” he said before placing a third and fourth stack of letters on the desktop, one pile with Hermione's name written on it and the other with `Ron Weasley' scrawled across its surface.

She noticed how her pile was slightly bigger than Ron's pile and she couldn't help but blush a little.

“And these are all of my replies, which I was forbidden to send.”

Harry shook his head before dumping all of the letters back into his sack except for the one with Hermione's name.

“As part of my job I was not allowed communication with any Wizard outside of the department. I was grateful for this because it gave me an excuse to escape the limelight, but my biggest regret was that I was also forbidden even casual contact with you and Ron. I received every one of your letters, and for reasons I will never know, I wrote back. I suppose maybe it was just a sort of counseling for me. I felt like a horrible person if I didn't at least write back. So I would write a reply, seal it in an envelope and address it, and then I dropped it into a drawer on my desk and it never saw daylight again.”

Harry sighed again, rubbing the bridge of his nose, before looking back up at Hermione.

“I worked in the Department of Mysteries for all these years until today,” Harry said and he couldn't keep the smile from his face.

“Today was my last day working there. The hysteria over me has long died down and I finally grew to weary of being trapped in a cubicle to continue working there. So I put in my resignation and today I left the Department of Mysteries for the last time. I was on my way home to owl you and Ron when I stumble across your store and I had stepped in to buy a book as a present for you. That's when I saw your name on a business label and I had to come and see if it was you. I suppose buying one of these books for you would have been worthless since you own them all already.”

Harry laughed, an honest laugh for the first time in years, and marveled at the way it felt.

He leaned forward, placing his elbows on the desktop.

“That's my story, as insignificant of an excuse as it may be for not speaking to my best friends for over seven years. I can't lie though, seeing you are the greatest thing that could have happened to me today,” he said, smiling as he gazed up into Hermione's face.

Hermione couldn't help but lean forward towards Harry to just get a better look at him with that charming smile of his. A curl from her hair fell in her face and she shrugged slightly. She placed it behind her ear and looked straight at him once more where she found a grin. She just shook her head with a small smile that was across her face and looked down at her desk then back up.

“All I have to say is that once I see the Ministry again, I will be hexing them not into the next universe, but several others farther from the one we're in.”

This made Harry laugh a little and she just smiled, sitting back up in her chair.

“And I'm actually glad I've made your day and that you're finally free to be whoever you want to be. I never judged you as `The Boy Who Lived',” she said softly.

“I know you haven't,” he said gently. “And I thank you for that.”

“But now I have to tell you something that's true,” she said and received a curious look from his face.

She leaned forward once more and their eyes were staring right into each other.

“You completely made the year, not day, year for me,” she said and smiled.

“I thought it was going to be another year just like the others.”

All of a sudden her phone started beeping and she rolled her eyes. Quickly she pressed the button and listened to the voice at the other end.

“Hermione Granger speaking,” she said and Paula was on the other line.

“Paula, what do you want now? I'm in an important … meeting.” Hermione looked over at Harry and winked at him to go along with a small smirk on the side.

“Wait, could you hold on one second?” Paula asked.

From there she put her on hold and Hermione turned to Harry.

“Paula loves to call me in when people visit me or something, so what I do is I play around and tell her I'm in a meeting, like always. So if she asks you what the topic is just think of something with books in it at least.”

It was a shock how much Hermione had changed throughout the years he had known her. She had never even dreamed of lying when they first met, except for the rare occassion with the troll in the bathrooms their first year. As time ahd progressed she had gradually grown to lie a little more often, although rarely very effectively. Now she was willing to tell a white lie over the simplest things without batting an eye.

“I'm back, Ms. Granger,” Paula returned saying.

“Wonderful, now what did you need again?” Hermione asked looking over at Harry.

“Oh yes, I was wondering what your meeting was about because there's a truck parked outside with more boxes of books.”

“Tell them to drive them over in the back so warehouse can take care of it,” Hermione said and looked over at Harry.

“Oh about the meeting, um, Mr. Potter, what were we actually talking about?” Hermione asked but with such a sweet smile on her face, yet her voice seemed so serious.

"We were talking about the rare book I was wondering if you had found, do you not remember?" Harry asked on sudden inspiration, trying to keep his voice steady although he was practically erupting with laughter inside at the grin on Hermione's face.

Hermione smiled at Harry and eventually bit her bottom lip just trying to keep in the laughter that wanted to just come out.

“I'm sorry then to be disrupting your conversation as always,” Paula admitted and then said her goodbye.

Harry and Hermione were looking at each other with goofy smiles on their faces until Hermione was the first to get the laughter out of her. She then heard Harry start laughing and looked over at him. Both of them just laughed out what was in them until they both settled down with smiles on their faces.

“The only joy I get out of work,” Hermione said with another slight giggle of hers.

“She's been my secretary ever since I started running this business. I know her weaknesses.”

Hermione looked over at the clock and was surprised how an hour already had passed. She frowned a little remembering that work wasn't going to end in another three hours.

Unless…

Hermione wanted to at least spend the day with Harry and today really wasn't her day to come into work.

“Hold on for one second,” she said and quickly got up from her chair.

When Hermione suddenly stood and walked towards the door Harry was confused for a moment. He watched her poke her head out of the door and couldn't help but give her the once-over again. She really had grown into her looks and Harry couldn't get over that notion. He had never really thought of Hermione as an extremely pretty girl, with the exception of the Yule Ball in their fourth year, but now she looked pleasantly attractive. When he glanced up at her face he saw her blushing and realized that she must have noticed his searching gaze. Turning his head away, Harry felt his ears redden, embarrassed that he had been caught checking out his best friend.

Hermione slid out the door with a small blush on her face, yet a small little smile wanting to escape. She was getting looks these days everywhere she went. Of course she didn't mind, but even her best friend gave her a head-to-toe look.

He heard her steps vanish down the hall and pass beyond his range of hearing. Harry let out a breath he didn't realize he had been holding. What in the world had come over him, looking at Hermione like that? Of all people, Hermione! His best friend, the rule-abidding, bushy haired, bookworm of a best friend. She's not so much like that anymore though, something inside of his head reminded him and Harry shook his head.

Hermione quickly went down the hallway and punched herself out and wrote on the board next to it that she felt sick. She quickly wrote Paula a note and walked over to the small boxes where the mail usually went and slipped it in there.

From there she started walking back to her office and she was hoping Harry had nothing else planned to do at all today. Hermione reached her office and opened up the door, sticking her head in.

“Sorry that took awhile,” she said and walked back over to her desk, heels clicking against the floor. Hermione didn't sit down this time but stood there looking around on her desk.

“I was wondering if you wanted to hang out the rest of the day if that was fine with you,” Hermione asked she as she looked over at him. “I just punched out and today really isn't my day to come into work and it would mean the world to me if we finally hung out after so long.”

She noticed how she kind of rambled and bit her lip. She was both nervous and scared. Scared that he would say no to her offer and nervous if he would be unsure about this whole entire thing. Knowing Harry he would, hopefully, go on their little day out together. It would just be a simple walk, coffee probably, getting a bite to eat. As long as it dealt with Harry she would be fine.

His smile broadened as she told him that she had cleared her day to spend time with him. When she bit her lip, Harry couldn't help but notice how innocent it made her look. Smiling at this thought, Harry stood.

"You know, that sounds like a grand idea," he said. "I could really use the pick-me-up. Merlin knows after all these years of being trapped in the depths of the Ministry that I could use a little fresh air and a friendly face."

“Wonderful then,” Hermione said with a smile and Harry couldn't help but feel just grand.

[AN]: Hope you enjoyed reading! Thanks for the reviews for the first chapter. I'm glad you guys like my writing style. I was afraid of using too much words, but I guess it turned out alright.

What to know what's going on in Chapter 3?

"I have to admit myself flattered that you found my bum worthy of a smack," he said, chuckling as he watched her get her water.

She sent him over a look and stuck out her tongue. After that she couldn't help but smile. Hermione sat herself down at the table once she got her glass filled up with water.

A sudden pound of thunder outside drew Harry's attention to the window and he felt a faint smile curl his lips.

Review please!

-->

3. So What Did I Miss?


Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns everything Harry Potter related.

[AN]: So I saw from Chapter 2 reviews that you guys are curious with how Ron and Ginny are doing and why did Harry join the Department of Mysteries. Well, you'll be getting those answers in this chapter. No doubt about that. Plus I'm getting more hits then reviews. Don't be shy!

Hope all of you have a happy New Year! =]

Chapter Three: So What Did I Miss?

Hermione got out her keys to lock her door up. Once she locked it up she started walking down the hallway, placing the keys in her pocket. Quickly she made her way down the hallway and looked over at Harry signaling him to keep up with her.

“This way,” Hermione said in a whisper and opened up a door.

Harry raised his eyebrows but stepped inside, looking around interestedly.

Just like back at the Dursleys', Harry thought, giving a small smile.

Hermione stepped into the closet and shut the door, pulling the chain that was dangling from a lightbulb in the ceiling. As the light flickered on Harry noticed that Hermione's body was only inches from his own.

“You Apparate from a broom closet,” Harry commented quietly as Hermione reached forward and grasped his hand tightly. Oddly both of them looked at each other and back down at their joined hands. Hermione closed her eyes and felt her stomach dropping.

Harry suddenly felt the dark, suffocating pressure of Apparition. Just as the pressure lessened, Harry felt a yank on his hand and he reflexively reached forward and grabbed Hermione as she fell backwards. Pulling her back up he saw a magazine rack behind her, lying on its side with magazines spread across the carpet.

“Thanks for catching me,” she said and smiled up at him.

Hermione let go of his hand and leaned down to pick up the magazines. Harry in the meanwhile looked around the room they were standing in. He noticed books everywhere so he made a good guess that this was probably her house that they were at.

“Alright,” Hermione said placing back the magazines and looked over at Harry.

“Here let me take your coat. I'll make us something to eat if that's alright with you?”

“Oh of course,” he said slipping off his jacket quickly for her to take. “Want help making the food?”

Hermione shook her head at him. “No, you're the guest. You're suppose to relax.”

Harry smirked at her as she left to hang up their coats. He gently placed aside his bag on the couch and started to adventure around the room he was in. Picture frames were hung up on the wall with her family and some of them were from school, too.

“If you want anything, Harry, just rummage through the kitchen,” Hermione said poking her head in the living room.

“Just in the kitchen? Not upstairs?” he asked with teasing grin.

“If you're thinking of a room upstairs, you're hardly going to get in.”

“And why is that, Granger?” he asked coming over to her, leaning against the door frame.

“Because you won't be seeing anything you like.”

“Oh really? Who said I wouldn't like it?”

Hermione just swatted his arm and began going up the stairs. Harry just laughed to himself and watched her head up the stairs.

“Need company?” he asked with a smirk.

“I'm good at the moment, but I'm sensing that the famous Harry Potter is flirting with a certain know-it-all,” Hermione said as she got up to the second floor. She looked over her shoulder with a smile and all he did was wink at her.

“No one will know,” Harry said with a smile and Hermione just shook her head walking away.

Harry walked into the kitchen and immediately went over to the fridge.

-

Hermione entered her room and placed down her things onto her queen sized bed. She ran a hand through her hair and looked around her room then at herself.

“Maybe I should change out of this skirt,” she mumbled to herself and walked over to the door, locking herself in.

She quickly went over to her closet and rummaged through jeans, sweatshirts, t-shirts, you name it. Finally she picked out a nice pair of jeans that were a faded grey, a navy blue t-shirt that had small writing on the corner near her shoulder saying her book company, and from there she put her hair up into a ponytail. Usually when she got home she would wear things like this around the house since she never got to wear anything comfortable anymore. She looked at herself one more time and decided she was alright for the time being.

She opened up her door and made her way towards the stairs, going down each step. Once she landed on the bottom, she heard Harry in the kitchen rummaging through the fridge.

Harry was rummaging through the contents of the fridge when all of a sudden he felt a quick swat on his rear end. Jumping, Harry's head collided with the top of the fridge's interior and he backed out of the fridge rubbing his head. He glanced sideways and saw Hermione.

She just continued on walking over to the cupboard to get something and she bit her bottom lip from giggling after what she did.

She took out a small glass for herself when she felt a hand gently rest against her back and she stopped moving. Her heart started to beat fast but then she felt her bum being smacked as well. She looked over her shoulder to find Harry strolling over to the table with a bag of chips. She rolled her eyes and heard him laughing to himself.

“Very funny, Harry … Very funny,” Hermione said as she came over to the fridge to get water.

"I have to admit myself flattered that you found my bum worthy of a smack," he said, chuckling as he watched her get her water.

She sent him over a look and stuck out her tongue. After that she couldn't help but smile. Hermione sat herself down at the table once she got her glass filled up with water.

A sudden pound of thunder outside drew Harry's attention to the window and he felt a faint smile curl his lips.

For reasons unknown, he had always enjoyed thunderstorms despite it all. There was something so entrancing about the brilliant ribbons of light that danced through the sky and vibrated the ground. Harry returned to the potato chips, smiling at their salty goodness.

“Why don't we make ourselves some sandwiches, Harry. You know you'd like to go along with those chips, don't you?” she asked and he nodded.

Hermione sipped some of her water quickly and got up once more. She fetched her wand and saying a small little charm, a swish of the wand, sandwiches were about to be prepared.

"Glad to see you haven't returned completely to the life of a Muggle since you've been out of school," he commented. "Me, I've been using so much magic at work I almost enjoy the tasks of doing simple things like that at home just for a break. Although I suppose you can't use a lot of magic at your work, can ya?"

“I hate it so much that I can't do anything or else I'll disrupt something. I swear, some people next door to my office have ears like you can't even imagine. I had dropped a pen one time and one of the ladies walked in saying if I dropped something. To me that is just too creepy,” she said and looked over at the made sandwiches on the counter.

She snapped her fingers and the plates started to drift over towards them. One plate settled itself in front of Hermione and the other plate in front of Harry.

“Thank Merlin for magic,” she said and literally jumped in her chair when a huge rumble of thunder was heard.

She sighed heavily and covered her eyes for a second. She looked over at Harry to find him worried and she just shook her head at him.

“You know how I'm afraid of storms,” she said softly.

“Aw Hermione, they aren't that bad.”

“Whatever you say, I still won't like them.”

Both of them started eating their made sandwiches which was consisted of ham, turkey, and cheese. Just a simple thing that they could snack on at the moment.

“So I never got to ask you how you're doing,” Harry said looking over at her.

“I've been good, I suppose. Nothing life changing or anything like that, well … unless you run a book company,” she said and shrugged a little. “That's a long story though that I can tell you another time.”

“I can't wait to hear that one,” he said with a smirk.

Hermione playfully swatted his arm once more and he looked over at her.

“I was kidding!” he said with a smile.

“Anyways,” she said with a smile of her own, “Everyone's been doing great. I haven't talked to Ron in about two years. He hasn't owled me back or anything. The only thing he has left me in the past two years are my birthday gifts and Christmas gifts. But he is doing a lot better now in life than before, Harry. You can't even imagine the changes he has gone through.”

“Changes?” he asked curiously.

“I've been talking to Molly and she's so proud of him. He found a job up in Romania where Charlie was working before. He's working with dragons, but he's just helping out others who are a bit clueless on the topic.”

“So he's a teacher almost?”

“If you want to put it that way,” she said. “Charlie has been giving him pointers here and there. He's just so busy now these days. Molly said she hasn't seem in awhile either.”

“I bet he's enjoying it up there. I'm glad for him,” Harry said and plopped a chip into his mouth.

“By the way, how are the Weasleys?”

“They're alright. Ginny has been a major change though and it's worrying us a bit.”

Harry stopped chewing and looked at her. “What?”

Hermione shrugged and put down her sandwich on her plate.

“What happened to her, Hermione?”

“She's been … drinking too much lately. She was actually going to get married about a year ago and her fiancé just cancelled it off.”

“Really? For what reason?”

“I really don't know. Ginny doesn't want to say or go into the depth of the story and so far Molly's been looking after her because how much she drinks. Once she thinks about it she goes into some sort of major depression almost and just drinks till she's pissed.”

“I … I never would've guessed she would do such a thing.”

“Neither did I, Harry.”

“Well, how is she in general?”

“Ginny's been doing good overall. She works at a flower shop down one of London's streets and they make good business there.”

“That's good to know she's somewhere in life,” he said. “So much has changed…”

“It was almost a decade since you were gone. Eight years is a lot.”

“I know, I know. It's just that after the war, Kinglsey came up to me and we both had a talk on what my life would be after all of this. He didn't want to put me back out there in the world so he gave me a job to do at the Department of Mysteries. Said I would be good there for the time being. He topped me off with the best people.”

“But why did he keep you there for 8 years?” she asked curiously.

Harry looked over at her, seeing already the concern in her eyes.

“He knew I wasn't ready to go back yet. I told him over and over I was ready after the first couple of years I was working there, but he said not until he thought I was fully recovered from what I went through.”

Hermione shook her head at him and sighed heavily.

“That is rubbish, Harry.”

“You're telling me…” he said looking back down at his half eaten sandwich. “But I'm glad I'm out of there.”

“Me too,” she said softly and reached out over the table, gently grabbing his hand.

Harry smiled over at their hands and looked up at Hermione.

“Do you think I'll be able to get myself to a normal life now?”

“No doubt about that,” Hermione said with a smile.

They finished eating their sandwiches and cleaned up right after themselves. Harry wandered around her house and looked outside one of the windows. It was dark, rainy, and cloudy outside. The talk that Harry had with Hermione seemed to relax him. His life would be changing now and he knew she would be helping him along the way.

He felt a pair of arms circle around his waist and he looked over to see Hermione.

“What are you thinking about?” she asked, looking up at him.

“How my life will turn out to be,” he said softly.

He looked down at Hermione and wrapped an arm around her shoulders and brought her closer to him, making her wrap one of her arms around him.

“Just promise me something,” he said looking out the window.

“What is it?”

“Promise me that we'll stick together. I don't want to leave you like I did.”

Hermione rested her head against his shoulder and answered softly, “I promise.”

[AN]: Hopefully I answered your questions! Again I wish you all a good New Year!

Please review. It makes me happy that someone liked my story and that you enjoyed it very much.

Coming up in Chapter 4:

“Hermione, you need to relax here a bit. This is just too much pressure on you now,” Harry said standing in front of her, holding her face in his hands.

“Who knew that something like this would happen. Now I have this to worry about alongside with Ron coming home finally and me almost losing you,” she said through her tears.

Harry embraced her into his arms and kissed her forehead gently, letting his lips rest there.

“You won't lose me.”

Don't forget to review!

-->

4. There's Too Much To Do


Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns everything Harry Potter related.

[AN]: Thank you guys once again for reviewing! I'm sure you'll like this chapter. No doubt. ;)

Chapter Four: There's Too Much To Do

Hermione was back at work scribbling down the things she had to do last night before Harry completely changed her mind. She was thankful she had a quick signature to sign the forms for the authorization. Signing the very last one from the file, she placed it back into the beige folder that Paula gave her along with the others.

“Hermione, we're behind work schedule now!” Paula said intruding into her office.

“No we're not. I finished the files this morning, checked the shipments downstairs, reorganized the books that came in for Norman Elementary, and called Mr. Dawson just an hour ago on his order,” Hermione said not looking up at Paula as she was writing down a quick note.

Paula stood there transfixed at her and shrugged.

“How do you do it, Ms. Granger?”

Hermione looked up with a smile. “It's just the way I am.”

Paula just nodded at that and from there left the office, but turned back.

“If you're finished with the folder, might as well send it down to Louis.”

Hermione nodded and Paula left closing the door.

-

A beeping noise made him wake up from his nightstand. He groaned from the noise and lazily began to search for the snooze button. Finally he felt it and pushed it down.

“I have to turn off that alarm,” Harry said groggily.

He was laying flat on his stomach across his bed, his head on his pillow and the sheets across his waist. He rolled over on his side and sat up. He looked around his room to find last night's clothes scattered on the floor.

“Hopefully she got up this morning,” he mumbled to himself as he got off the bed.

He bent down to pick up a grey shirt and put it on. He ruffled his hair and snapped his fingers as the bed made itself. As he walked out of his room inside his flat, he noticed that his shirt smelled like her perfume.

He smiled and decided he should visit her at work or something. He had a feeling it would at least brighten up her day a little.

He picked up his wand on the way to the kitchen and had the coffee going. Every once in awhile he would smile out of nowhere because of last night.

Harry and Hermione had stayed up till who knows what time just … having a good time. They watched a movie together, Hermione explained her book company to Harry, and now that he was thinking of it, was flirting a lot with her. He couldn't help it because she was just so new. So new on how she reacted to things, new to her surroundings, new to her beautiful looks.

It made him go after her.

-

Hermione knocked on a solid oak door and immediately it was opened up.

“Done with those papers?” Louis said with a smile.

“Yeah they are,” she said stepped inside and he closed up the door.

Hermione gave him the beige folder and turned around to open up the door again but was stopped by his voice.

“Hermione, please, sit down. I want to talk to you about something.”

Louis sat down in his chair behind his desk and placed the folder in a pile that said OUT.

Hermione walked over to one of the chairs in front of his desk and sat down. She fixed her skirt and looked at him, ready to hear what he had to say.

“I noticed how well you've managed this business and a lot of people are buying books here more than the book store the Anderson's run. Of course you know how the Anderson's are pretty much scattered everywhere. They have a bookstore almost in every outlying city besides London.”

Hermione nodded and looked at him curiously where Louis was taking this.

“What are you saying, sir?”

“What I am saying, Ms. Granger, is that I was wondering, that your business goes outside of the U.K, meaning,” he said pointing a finger up, “Bringing it to the United States. New York, Boston, even Chicago!”

Hermione frowned a little from hearing this and Louis noticed.

“What? You don't like the idea? This could bring the company to wonders.”

“It's a wonderful idea, Louis, though … that would mean I have to go to one of those cities in the United States and run it there for the rest of my life.”

“Well, yes of course you have to. You're the maker of this company. Plus you'll be earning a lot of cash, Granger.”

“How much?” she asked curiously.

“It depends how many stores you open up in the U.S.”

Hermione leaned back in the chair she was sitting in and shook her head slightly.

“I'm guessing you want to think about it?” Louis asked seeing her reaction.

“Oh definitely,” she said looking over at him.

“Alright, that's perfectly fine. But I really do want an answer from you about this. This could put the company to good business and I know you want that.”

Hermione nodded and stood up from there. “I'll give you an answer, don't worry.”

Louis smiled and stood up. He extended his hand out to her and she shook it.

“Can't wait for that answer.”

Hermione walked out of his office and quickly walked down to her own office. She slammed her door closed once she got there and sat down in her chair. Paula jumped from the slam and peaked over into the hallway.

Hermione held her head and noticed a blue envelope on the side of her desk. She noticed it had no name and she opened it up.

Her eyes widened when she saw who it was from.

“Ron,” she muttered and had tears welled up in her eyes.

She read the letter he wrote to her and she smiled sadly seeing how he was happy living up there in Romania near his job. Though her eyebrows shot up seeing how much money he was making. A broad smile broke out when she read on that he was coming to visit next week.

“I hope Molly got a letter.”

-

“I think she should be in her office,” Paula said to the same exact man who was standing yesterday in front of her desk hoping he could see Hermione.

“Thank you so much and my name is Harry just so you know. I might be visiting her every once in awhile,” he said showing her one of his smiles.

“Well alright, Harry. You know where her office is, don't you?”

“Yes I do and thank you for letting me see her. I know how she's busy and all.”

“It's amazing how she gets work down so easily,” Paula said with a heavy sigh. She looked over at her own pile of work and shook her head.

Harry bit his lip trying not to laugh and then walked past her desk. “Thanks again.”

“Oh no problem, Harry,” Paula said as she watched him walk through the door.

-

Hermione was laid back in her leather chair, her feet up on her desk and a face that was tear stained. A knock was heard on her door and she looked over at it.

“Come in,” she said and didn't even bother moving from the position she was in.

Harry opened up her door and smiled as he stepped in. He couldn't help but lay his eyes on her long legs that were on the desk. He closed the door gently behind him and Hermione turned her head.

“Harry,” she said and immediately got up. She quickly ran over to him threw her arms around him.

Harry hugged her tight and let go of her afterwards. He looked down into her face and he noticed how her eyes were read and her face was with tears.

“Why are you crying?” he asked concerned.

“For a whole bunch of reasons,” she said completely annoyed and walked away from Harry.

“What happened?” he asked following her around.

“Well, Ron finally wrote to me. He said he's living up in Romania really making a fortune and he's coming to visit next week,” she said with a sad smile.

“That's wonderful to know. I bet the Weasley's are happy.”

“I don't know if Molly got a letter or not. I was hoping to owl her later on when I get out of work.”

“Is that why you're crying? Because of Ron?” Harry asked all of a sudden feeling a little jealous.

“No, it's about the company,” she said walking up to her window and looked out at the muggy London street. More tears came and she looked down, shaking her head.

“My own boss who works alongside with me is considering I should bring my business to the States.”

“Hermione, that's great!” Harry said smiling and came up next to her.

“No it's not, Harry,” she said looking over at him. “That means I have to move there as well. I have to leave everything behind here to go over there for this to happen. He wants to open it up in the top most cities. New York, Boston, Chicago..,” she said trailing off naming cities.

“Wait, what? You have to leave?”

Hermione nodded her head sadly. “I really don't want to,” she whispered.

“I feel like someone is just overtaking the company and I really don't want that because it'll put me under so much and I hate that and I just feel that we're going to do horrible down in the States and I'm not ready to move out somewhere where I hardly know anything and Louis is just bringing so much upon me and -“

“Hermione, you need to relax here a bit. This is just too much pressure on you now,” Harry said standing in front of her, holding her face in his hands.

“Who knew that something like this would happen. Now I have this to worry about alongside with Ron coming home finally and me almost losing you,” she said through her tears.

Harry embraced her into his arms and kissed her forehead gently, letting his lips rest there.

“You won't lose me.”

“How do you know for sure?”

Harry looked down at her and wiped away a few tears from her cheek.

“Because you promised me that we would stick together. I'm coming with you if you do go to the States.”

“But Harry, I -“

“I'm going with you,” he said softly looking into her eyes.

Hermione just looked back at him and nodded. She hugged him and Harry kissed her forehead once more, letting his lips rest there again. He held her close to him and closed his eyes.

-

Hermione walked into her house and looked at the clock reading it was already 9:00 pm. She sighed heavily and closed the front door, locking it.

She brought home work to do and wanted to plan on what she was going to do about this whole idea going to the states. Right now she just wanted to get away somewhere.

Hermione headed up the stairs, bringing along her work things. She walked over to her room and turned on the lights. She dropped her suitcase and some other things into a corner and closed her door.

She began to undress herself when she heard a voice.

“I doubt you want me in here to see you that.”

She turned around to find Harry standing in front of her closet.

“Harry, what the hell are you doing in here?” she asked.

She was glad she didn't undress herself completely yet.

“I was waiting for you to come home. I wanted to take you out to dinner and let yourself relax.”

“Maybe another time, Harry, I'm just so tired,” she said and Harry nodded in understanding and walked across her room to leave.

Hermione fussed with her shirt and sighed heavily.

“Stupid button,” she muttered and Harry looked over his shoulder, opening the door.

“Need help?” he asked, closing the door back up.

Hermione looked over at Harry and didn't know if it was right to let him or not.

“No funny business,” she said tiredly and he nodded walking over to her.

He walked up to her and saw the button was just in the middle of her breasts. He swallowed hard and looked at her. Hermione was looking at him. “Well?”

“Right, sorry,” he said and his hands gently undid the button.

Hermione looked down and shivered when she felt Harry's hand brush against her skin that was exposed from her shirt.

Harry saw the reaction and decided to take it a little further.

He undid the next button and continued down slowly.

Hermione was numb and knew this was going to end up somewhere bad. She couldn't move. His touch was just driving her insane.

He stopped noticing what he was doing and shook his head.

Hermione grabbed his hand and let it rest on her side underneath her shirt.

Harry looked at Hermione and she looked at him.

“You're driving me insane,” she whispered seductively to him.

[AN]: Whoa, sorry to leave you there. I feel bad, yet evil. Haha.

I want a good review for this chapter!

Coming up in Chapter 5:

“You need help with that?” Harry asked resting his head on her shoulder.

Hermione looked over at him and looked bad down at her work on her desk. “No, but I am hungry,” she said and sighed.

“You're making me hungry,” Harry said huskily in her ear and Hermione closed her eyes.

Review please!

I'm stepping it up a notch.

-->

5. What A Dirty Day


Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns everything Harry Potter related.

[AN]: So this chapter is dirty. I mean, really dirty. And we'll be seeing a glimpse of Molly with Ginny in this. Hang on! It's going to be a little rowdy!

Chapter Five: What A Dirty Day

Harry wrapped his entire arm underneath her shirt and pulled her against him.

“I think you're wrong about that,” Harry whispered and with his other hand slipped part of her shirt off her shoulder.

“You're the one driving me insane right now.”

Hermione closed her eyes and arched her back a little when she felt his mouth on her neck. Harry uncurled his arm around her waist and slipped off the other side of the shirt. It fell to the floor and he broke away to look at her.

“Wow,” he breathed out.

She was wearing a black, lacy bra that was really skimpy looking.

“Guess it's your lucky night, but there's more where that came from,” she whispered in his ear and her hands slipped underneath his shirt.

He closed his eyes and felt her hands leave burning trails up and down his chest.

Slowly she lifted up his shirt off his head and Hermione just looked at him. She was definitely in for a night of fun. Harry smiled down at her seductively and finally captured his mouth with hers. Oh why did he have to wait this long for this to happen?

Slowly, he started backing her up towards the bed. Hermione fell backwards all of a sudden and Harry crawled upon her.

Their mouths met once more and Harry plunged his tongue into her mouth. She tasted amazing to him and he couldn't wait for what other surprises he was expecting.

Hermione sat up still in contact with his lips until she broke away. “Did you notice I still had my heels on?” she whispered, trailing a finger down his chest.

Harry looked over his shoulder and found that she still was. Hermione rolled away from him and got off the bed. She looked over her shoulder to find Harry watching her. Slowly she zipped down the zipper of her skirt and slid it off. She bent down and Harry raised his eyebrows, sucking in a breath.

He literally swallowed hard and looked up at the ceiling. “Thank you,” he mouthed.

Hermione walked around the bed, Harry watching her every move. She walked to the pile of where her shirt was and dropped her skirt there. She leaned against the wall from there and looked over at him.

Harry immediately got off the bed and slowly walked to her. Her in just a bra, knickers, AND heels against the wall was mostly every man's dream. Their mouths once more met. Her arms wrapped around him, letting her fingers run through his hair.

“God, Hermione,” he breathed between their lips and Hermione reached down, unzipping his pants. Harry stopped to help her and slid his pants off throwing them over near her shirt.

Harry couldn't take it anymore. He sucked on her neck and started leaving trailing kisses down her chest. Hermione reached behind her back and undid the bra. Harry looked up and slid it off of her, exposing her breasts. His hands cupped them both and Hermione slightly blushed.

“You're unbelievably gorgeous,” he said running a thumb over a nipple where it automatically hardened.

“Harry,” she began to whimper and sucked in a breath as she felt his mouth around one. She arched her back and wrapped a leg around one of his.

The phone beside her bedside started ringing and Hermione opened her eyes. Harry stopped and brought his head up. Both of them looked over at the phone and then looked back at each other.

Harry did an Accio on the phone and put a Silencio charm. Hermione smirked and Harry threw the phone on the floor.

“Good thinking there,” she said and looked straight into his grinning face.

“Where were we?” he asked and Hermione smirked.

Hermione switched their positions and had him against the wall. She brought up a leg and Harry immediately grabbed it, holding it to his side. “I think it's my turn.”

“Oh, Merlin,” he muttered and found his glasses off suddenly.

-

Louis walked past Hermione's office the next day and noticed she wasn't in there. He raised an eyebrow and walked over to Paula.

“Has Hermione come into work yet today?”

“She's actually not coming in for the next two days,” Paula stated and looked up at him from her work.

“Ugh, why?” he said annoyed.

“She needs to think over what you two talked about, plus she brought home some of her own work. She said she wouldn't get a lot of it down here with all the bustling of everyone. Oh, and she doesn't want anyone calling her.”

Louis shrugged and walked away from Paula's desk, going to his office.

-

The shades in the room were wide open with the sun shining through them. Harry was starting to wake up and he had his face dug into the pillow. He noticed he wasn't in his bed because of the smell. A smile crossed his face remembering last night. He opened up his eyes and sat up. He saw the clothes scattered around the floor and noticed that a few garments were missing.

No one was beside him so he figured Hermione was up already doing something. He got out of bed, put on his clothes, found his glasses and walked out of her room. Down the hallway he heard her voice and it sounded like she was talking to someone. Harry tiptoed over there and leaned on the door frame.

“Do you have an outlet that's cheaper than that?” she asked and looked up finding Harry.

Quickly she looked back down and held a hand out, making the door swing closed. It slammed right in front of Harry and he was surprised.

What the hell did she do that for? He thought to himself.

Harry just left and started going for the kitchen. He sniffed the air already smelling coffee. As he walked in, he noticed the time and it seemed early. He got himself a mug and poured some coffee for himself.

-

Hermione twirled the phone cord aimlessly as she waited for an answer on the other line. She was talking to someone in Boston at the moment to see if there was any sort of outlets.

“Excuse me, Miss?” the man on the other line finally said. “We do have one cheap outlet for $325.”

“That's wonderful. Do you mind if you keep that one on hold for the time being?”

“Of course I can. Was there anything else you'd like to know?”

“No not at all, but thank you for your time, Mr. Benson.”

Hermione hung up the phone and sighed heavily, pulling a strand of loose hair away from her face. Now she had to conquer something else. She looked over at the door and shook her head, frowning.

-

Harry was downstairs in the kitchen reading the Daily Prophet and sipping on his coffee every so often. Hermione peaked inside the kitchen and saw him there. She shrugged and didn't want to deal with him at the moment. Harry, from the corner of his eye, saw something and he turned quickly.

Hermione widened her eyes a little and looked down.

“Good morning, Hermione,” he said with one of his prize winning smiles.

“Hey Harry,” she muttered and went quickly for a cup of coffee.

Harry got up and walked over to her. He was about to drop a kiss on her cheek when she moved away from him. He looked at her confused and leaned against the counter.

“Something wrong, Hermione?”

“No, just worried about what I'll be doing in the States.”

“Really? Then why are you ignoring me?”

“If I were ignoring you then I wouldn't be talking to you right now,” she said smartly.

“Is it about last night?”

She stopped and put down her mug before she took a sip.

“Oh, so it is?”

Hermione turned around to look at him with a furious look.

“Last night was just a get-away, Harry. We weren't thinking.”

“Is that so? Because you were getting really kinky and you had no one stopping you.”

She blushed from what he said and Harry smiled seeing her reaction.

“So I got carried away,” she muttered.

She exited the kitchen holding her mug and Harry followed her out.

“Hermione, you had me in control more then I had you. We have to talk about this.”

She stopped and turned around, looking at him with fiery eyes.

“It was just a one night stand. Besides, I was in the moment.”

Harry heartily laughed and looked at her. “I can see how you were. You were like a Stripper in there, taking control of me like that.”

Hermione walked up the stairs trying to ignore his words, but he still followed her.

“Harry, it was nothing,” she repeated. Her hand wrapped around the doorknob to her own little office and Harry slid in front of her.

“Then why did you take control of me like that? What'd you do? Use me?”

Hermione looked up at him frowning and took her hand away from the doorknob.

“There has to be a reason why we did that last night,” he said softly.

“I just … I just needed comfort. I never have any sort of fun anymore. I'm always cooped up in this office of mine. I hear my own employees talking about their dates and what do I tell them? I have no life?”

“Hermione, -“

“No, Harry, don't. We just took it the wrong way and it ended up being something bad. We're friends for Merlin's sake!”

Hearing her words, Harry knew she was right.

“Now if you excuse me, I have work that has to be done. You can stay here if you want helping me find outlets, but I stress this … No funny business.”

Hermione opened up her door and stopped before she could close it. “Oh by the way, Molly and Ginny are coming over for a little. Apparently they haven't heard from Ron yet so they'll be excited to see you.”

She closed the door and Harry stood there, hands in his pockets.

“What have I done?” he mumbled.

-

A few hours later both Harry and Hermione were sitting in her tiny office at home looking at the computer screen on her laptop.

“This is so boring. We're not going to find one in New York,” Harry said sitting in a chair with Hermione looking over his shoulder.

“Harry, stop complaining.”

“Hermione, its New York for Merlin's sake. New York is like … half the heart of the States. Everyone wants to go there.”

“That's the whole point,” she said giving him a look. “Just keep looking and if nothing comes up try Chicago.”

She walked over to a desk and set herself down taking in the other paperwork she had. She sighed heavily and was thankful she was going to get peace and quiet in here. She continued the task of putting her signature on the forms that needed it.

“So when are Molly and Ginny coming?” Harry asked from across the room.

“Later on tonight they said. I had a chance to owl them this morning. They were surprised when they heard Ron was coming next week.”

“Should I be aware of Ginny and her drinking?”

“I have nothing in the house she can get her hands on. Plus Molly keeps her eyes on her all the time.”

“Has she told you at all why her fiancé dumped her?”

“The only thing I heard was that he couldn't stand her anymore. She wanted him home sooner and what not. They just weren't getting along I guess.”

“Well how long have they've been going out for?”

“10 months, I think,” she said as she started a new stack on signing.

“Wonder what the bloke saw in her.”

Hermione looked over her shoulder and he looked up.

“What?”

She just shook her head at him and continued on. Her hand was already hurting her.

“You need help with that?” Harry asked resting his head on her shoulder.

Hermione looked over at him and looked bad down at her work on her desk. “No, but I am hungry,” she said and sighed.

“You're making me hungry,” Harry said huskily in her ear and Hermione closed her eyes.

“Harry, remember what I said. We can't.”

“No one's going to stop us.”

“My fist and my magic will stop us,” she threatened him and Harry immediately stepped back.

“Yes, ma'am,” he said and sat back down in his chair.

-

All day long Harry and Hermione were on the computer searching. Neither of them stopped except when they took breaks in between. Harry was now sleeping on the chair he was in and Hermione was glued to the computer trying to find an outlet in Chicago.

She heard someone downstairs and another voice.

“Oh they must be here,” Hermione mumbled and got off the chair.

“Harry, wake up,” she said shaking him. “Molly and Ginny just arrived.”

Harry woke up from the shaking and looked up at her. “Are you sure?”

“Positive. Now come on,” she said pulling him from the chair.

-

“Hermione, are you here, dear?” Molly shouted from the fireplace.

“Yes, I'm coming!”

Hermione went down the stairs with Harry behind her and she stopped him.

“Wait in the hallway.”

Harry shrugged and heard her greet them.

“Hermione,” Ginny said with a smile and hug. “You look wonderful.”

“Thank you, Ginny. Mrs. Weasley,” she said hugging her as well.

“Oh it's so good to see you dear.”

“Before we go into topic about Ron, I have a certain someone here.”

Ginny and Molly looked at each other and Hermione pulled Harry in.

“It's Harry,” she said simply.

“Harry, is that really you?” Molly said coming up to him.

“Yes it is, Mrs. Weasley.” Immediately he was in a Molly crushing hug and he smiled slightly.

“Oh it's so wonderful to see you. We've missed you so much.”

“I've missed you, too. You have no idea…”

Molly broke away from him and Ginny ran up to him with a hug as well.

“Hey Gin,” he said hugging her as well.

“Have you been ok?” she asked looking up at him.

He nodded with a reassuringly smile. “You have nothing to worry.”

“As long as you're ok it makes me happy.”

Harry and Ginny smiled at each other and Hermione cleared her throat.

“Anyways, let's go into the kitchen.”

“Splendid. I'll make some pie for us,” Molly insisted and Harry looked over at Hermione with a small, curious smile.

“Nothing's changed,” she said simply.

“Come on, Harry. You have to tell me everything when you were gone. I want to know every bit of information. Who you were with and everything,” Ginny said tugging at his hand.

Harry followed her into the kitchen and looked over at Hermione. It felt awkward all of a sudden. Hermione just shook her head at him and followed them.

[AN]: Hope you liked it. Next chapter will have Hermione talking about Ron with another few stirrups.

Coming up in Chapter 6:

Ginny cornered Harry in the hallway and he looked at her curiously. “I haven't done anything to her, Gin, I swear.”

“Then why are you looking at Hermione when she bends down to get something?”

The image of Hermione taking off her skirt filled his mind and he closed his eyes.

“You had sex with her didn't you?” Ginny said crossing her arms.

“Where did that come from?” Harry nearly shouted. “It's none of your business.”

Please, please, PLEASE REVIEW!!

-->

6. Little Fights Here and There


Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns everything Harry Potter related.

[AN]: This chapter consists of a lot of anger and jealousy. Just be aware of that.

Chapter Six: Little Fights Here and There

Molly placed the pie on top of the stove and motioned Hermione over.

“Hermione, dear, where do you put this now?”

Hermione looked over at Mrs. Weasley and smiled. “Here let me help you. Go ahead and sit down. I'll take it from here.”

She went up to her and took the pie. Molly smiled at her and went over to Harry and Ginny at the table. Hermione opened up the oven and stuck in the pie. She put it on bake and then heard laughter from the table.

“I swear, Harry, you have no idea how much we missed you,” Ginny said.

Hermione looked over her shoulder and saw Harry and Ginny giving each other looks. All of a sudden she got really jealous. She frowned a little and walked back over to the table.

“Hope I didn't miss out on anything,” Hermione said and sat down next to Harry.

She smiled at him and Harry grinned at her.

“So Harry, what brings you back?” Molly asked curiously.

“A lot of things, really. You have no idea what I had to go through after the war.”

“Bet you had trouble getting with someone,” Ginny added and Molly sighed heavily, placing a hand over her eyes and shook her head.

When Ginny said that Harry actually looked over at Hermione and her eyes met with his. Hermione shook her head at him. “Don't,” she whispered.

“Please excuse her,” Molly stated and looked over at the two of them. “I think she had something before she left.”

Hermione nodded and decided to get down to business. “So about Ron…” she started.

“Oh yes, please tell. I'm surprised he didn't owl us or anything,” Molly said a bit surprised.

“He said in the letter that he was going to come home next week. You guys do know that he works up in Romania, correct?”

“We knew that ages ago, Hermione,” Ginny said and Molly nodded.

“He did send an owl explaining about the job. All I'm curious about is why he didn't owl this time around that he was coming home,” Molly said a bit irritated.

“Maybe he wanted to surprise you?” Harry insisted.

“If he was going to surprise them, then why did he send me an owl?” Hermione said looking over at Harry.

“Because he cares about you,” Ginny said with a small giggle.

“Ginny,” Molly forced on her.

“Well, yeah, I do care for him, too. I care about all of you guys.”

“You care a little too much about me,” Harry said leaning over to her. Hermione hit his foot from underneath the table and Harry winced in pain.

“What was that for?” he whispered harshly towards her.

The bell from the oven rang and Hermione quickly got up. “I'll go get the pie.”

She made her way over the oven and heard Ginny giggling once more. She looked over her shoulder to find her and Harry talking about something. She opened up the oven carefully with a towel and Harry looked over at Hermione. She bent down and Harry smiled. Ginny watched as Harry got up and walked over to her.

“You need help?” he asked, putting a hand on her lower back.

“Can you get plates?”

Once she retrieved the pie from the oven, Harry leaned close to her. “You shouldn't bend down like that, you know.”

Hermione looked up at him and he winked at her.

“Harry, get the plates,” she stressed and bit her lip from smiling.

“Well can you bend down there and get them for me?”

Hermione shook her head at him and turned away from the stove. She bent down once again and Harry closed his eyes remembering last night. “Dear Merlin,” he muttered under his breath.

“Here,” she said handing them to him.

“Thank you and…,” he wrapped an arm around her waist and put his mouth near her ear.

Hermione didn't know where this was going, but having his arm wrapped around her like that brought memories back.

“And,” he whispered, “You'll drive any man crazy when you bend down. Especially if they know what's underneath there.”

Ginny eyed them suspiciously and started getting ideas. “Harry?”

“Yeah?” he said as he looked over his shoulder.

Hermione just looked at him and slowly pulled away from his grip.

“Can I see you in the hall for a minute?”

“Alright?” he said a bit unsure. He passed the plates out and followed Ginny out in the hallway.

“What was that?” she asked him.

“What was what?”

“Hermione,” she stressed.

“What about her?”

“Just now you were getting all touchy with her.”

Harry rolled his eyes and looked back in the kitchen. Hermione was cutting the pie up while talking to Mrs. Weasley.

“What's that suppose to mean?”

“Harry, I saw what you were doing.”

Ginny cornered Harry in the hallway and he looked at her curiously. “I haven't done anything to her, Gin, I swear.”

“Then why are you looking at Hermione when she bends down to get something?”

The image of Hermione taking off her skirt filled his mind and he closed his eyes.

“You had sex with her didn't you?” Ginny said crossing her arms.

“Where did that come from?” Harry nearly shouted. “It's none of your business.”

“It's my business to know something.”

“Is that so? You're not my mother, Ginny and you aren't her mother either. Besides, why do you care anyways if we did or didn't?”

“Curious is all. She must be lucky to have a bloke like you having sex with her.”

“Say one more word and I'll have you out of here faster than you know it,” he threatened her.

“Is she good in bed? I doubt she is.”

“What are you? Jealous or something?” he shouted at her.

Molly and Hermione turned to look in the hallway.

“Yes I am! Because we never did it!”

“Who the fuck cares, Ginny. I don't like you like that anymore.”

Ginny's eyes watered up and she crossed her arms once again.

“Thought you did still,” she said softly.

Harry shook his head at her and Molly came into the hallway with Hermione behind her.

“What's going on?”

“Nothing,” Harry said and looked over at Hermione. “I'll be outside.”

Hermione looked at him curiously. “Harry, are you alright?”

Harry put his coat on and walked out the front door, slamming it.

“Ginny, what did you do?” Molly asked furiously.

“I just wanted to know…”

Hermione walked past Molly and Ginny and walked over to the door. She opened it up and saw Harry sitting on the steps.

“Harry?” she said and held her arms close to her. She was stupid not to get her jacket.

Hermione sat down next to him and Harry looked over at her.

“Are you alright?” she asked him softly.

Harry just looked at her with sad eyes. “Come here,” he said gently and placed an arm around her shoulders, bringing her closer to him.

“What happened?” she asked with concern in her voice.

“Apparently, Ginny likes to bring you up.”

“Nothing new there. What'd she say?”

Harry looked over at Hermione and saw that her face was just inches away from his.

“She was just jealous,” he whispered.

Hermione looked confused. “She's jealous of me?”

“She brought up how she and I never had sex or anything like that. Then she thought I was hitting on you or something back in the kitchen and -“

“You kind of were, Harry,” Hermione said with a small blush.

Harry smiled at her and she just looked at him. “What can I say, Hermione you're amazing. I'm a pretty lucky bloke to have someone like you.”

“I mean, I know last night was just a one night stand as you put it, but … that was probably the greatest sex ever.”

Hermione shook her head and let out a small laugh.

“We're just friends that got carried away with a stupid button.”

“I don't think so,” he said and Hermione looked at him. “What we did last night is something I'll always remember. You're absolutely gorgeous, Hermione and don't say that you aren't. I know you may be just a best friend, but a best friend doesn't stand against the wall with her undergarments and heels on waiting to be sexed up by her best friend.”

Hermione blushed red and closed her eyes. “I told you, Harry, I got carried away.”

“I don't think you did. I think you were wondering on my reaction to that. The Hermione I know wouldn't just give herself like that.”

She looked at him and he just looked back at her.

“I - “ she stopped immediately and Harry shrugged.

“I know you're not telling me something.”

Hermione watched as Harry stood up from the steps and walked down a few.

“We'll talk more tomorrow,” he said and turned to look at her.

“You're going to help me find an outlet still, right?” she asked in a hopeful tone.

Harry just stared at her and nodded. “Yeah, why wouldn't I?”

Hermione stood up and rubbed her arms. “Guess I'll see you tomorrow.”

Harry nodded once more and climbed up to her. He embraced her in a hug and she held onto him. They broke apart after a few minutes and looked at each other. Hermione patted his shoulder and turned around leaving him standing there. She walked back into the house to find Ginny and Molly going.

“Hermione, I think Ginny and I will be going. You can keep the pie if you like,” Molly said. Ginny gave Hermione a look and Hermione gave back that same look.

“Owl me if you if you hear anything else about Ron.”

Hermione nodded and said goodbye to Mrs. Weasley. Ginny hardly gave a goodbye to Hermione and that was fine with her. “Have a good night.”

She watched as Molly and Ginny apparated and then she slouched down to the floor. Her eyes sprang tears and she began to cry. Too much was happening in her life. The only possible good thing she was looking forward to was Ron coming home next week.

Hermione wiped some tears away from her cheeks and sniffled a little.

The door bell rang and she looked at the door curiously. She got up from the floor, went to the door, and opened it.

“Harry, I thought you left?” she said and quickly wiped her eyes from the tears that were falling.

He stepped inside and Hermione was really confused. “Ok I thought you were leaving.”

“Not until we get this figured out.”

“Harry, we have tomorrow to figure this out,” she nearly shouted at him.

“No, I want to settle this now.”

He took off his jacket and threw it on the couch in the living room.

“Harry, come back tomorrow. We'll have all day to talk and you can he-“ she was cut off by him with a fiery kiss.

Hermione's mind shut down and the memories of last night sprang into her head.

Harry broke the kiss and looked at her. “Please tell me you don't feel anything in that.”

She just looked at him and was speechless.

“I bet you were thinking of last night. I kissed you like that for a reason. I kissed you like that last night for a reason, too. I want to know if what I feel you feel.”

Hermione's eyes watered up once again and looked away from him. She ran up the stairs and Harry quickly followed her.

“Hermione!” he shouted and she ran to her room.

Before she could close the door, Harry stopped it with his hand.

“Harry, leave me alone.”

“Not until I get a decent answer.”

Hermione opened up her door furiously and walked right up to him.

“What kind of fucking answer do you want!?”

“I pretty fucking good one.”

“Well what do you want me to do? Change my clothes and come out here like how I was dressed up last night to satisfy you?”

“You know that sounds a bit sexy if you ask me,” he whispered in her face.

Hermione looked down and saw his hand slip under her shirt. His touch burned her skin, but she held in her voice. She didn't want him to know he was getting to her so easily.

“Harry, please,” she whispered out and felt his hand travel up.

Harry placed his head next to her ear and started whispering sweet words to her. She closed her eyes and a tear fell down her cheek.

Did she really love him?

Well of course you do, Granger. You saw how you dressed up for him last night.

That's not the point! It was nothing.

He cares about you more than anything.

It hurts to know that it's true.

Hermione knew deep down inside of her she really did love him, but she was scared if it was true. She couldn't take it anymore. She just couldn't.

“Harry,” she whispered out and another tear fell down her cheek.

Harry moved his head over and leaned his forehead against hers.

“I think you need to go,” she said softly and turned around, opening her door. She looked at him and he was just standing there just looking at her.

“My answer to you is to get the hell out my house. We'll talk about this tomorrow and expect a really good answer from me.”

She slammed the door in his face and Hermione covered her eyes.

She needed to call someone to talk to about this and she knew who.

[AN:] You know what to do after every chapter. Review, please.

Coming up in Chapter 7:

“Why are you scared about that?” Harry asked, holding her hand.

“I don't know, Harry. I mean, all the things we've done already frightens me. I don't want to get hurt or anything in the end,” she said looking up at him.

“I promise you I will never hurt you like that.”

“I know you won't … I just need time to think. To me I think we're rushing don't you think?”

-->

7. Time To Set Things Straight


Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns everything Harry Potter related.

[AN]: We'll be seeing Ron in this now with a certain someone. Please keep reviewing guys. I want all your questions to be answered in this story! Thanks for all the reviews.

Chapter Seven: Time to Set Things Straight

Hermione was up really early in the morning. She was currently in her small study right beside her bedroom. Her chair faced the door and her feet were resting on top of the desk.

“But, Mum, I don't know what to do. He's been driving me insane. I know he hasn't been here for awhile but it's just weird of him to come onto me like this.”

“Hermione, sweetheart, have you ever yet thought about that maybe he really wants to be with you? That maybe `friends' isn't all you two are?”

“We are friends … best friends and best friends don't have sex together!”

“Wait, you had sex with him?”

“That's not the point, Mum.” Hermione sighed heavily and twirled the phone cord aimlessly. “It was just a one night thing.”

“What made you two do it then?”

“I feel pretty stupid for saying this but … when I got home from work, I went up to my bedroom, closed the door and there he was standing in front of my closet. Then he asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner and I said I was too tired to and he understood so he started to leave and then I couldn't get my shirt unbuttoned and I was being fussy over it and he wondered if I needed help or anything and I wasn't sure if he should've done it or not so I was like fine you can and I warned him no funny business and … we got carried.”

“So a lousy button made you two get on with each other? Hermione it seems to me you lead him on.”

“I didn't do anything to him.”

“You offered for the help,” her mother said in a sing-song voice.

Hermione thought about it and her mother seemed right. If she didn't ask for the help her and Harry wouldn't be acting like this or getting into small fights.

“Let me ask you something. When you kissed Harry … did it seem … right?

“Yes,” she answered a little too quickly. “I mean, no, no, ugh … “

Her mother laughed on the other line. “Oh Hermione, it's obvisious that you like him.”

“As a friend,” she stressed.

“We'll see about that. Now you said he was to come over later on?”

“Yeah so we can talk about everything,” she said softly.

“Well, I'll leave you at that then. Call me later on if you want.”

“Alright,” she said in a heavy sigh and hung up the phone.

Hermione sat there in her chair. She looked at the small clock on her desk which read 8:30. She woke up at least around 6:00 and for her to do that wasn't something right. She was curious what time Harry was going to come.

-

“Hey there, mate, need some help with your baggage?”

Ron Weasley turned around and smirked at his fellow friend.

“Nah thanks though, Andrew.”

“Don't you leave until next week?”

“Yeah, but I figured if I come home earlier I get a longer vacation time.”

“You going over by your parents' house?”

“Yeah … I feel bad I didn't write to them, telling them I was coming or anything.”

Ron closed up his baggage and placed it down on the side of his bed.

“Is the girl going to come along?”

“Who Lacey?”

“Uh, yeah. Who else am I talking about?”

“Maybe some other time. She's the one setting up my portkey anyways.”

“If you bring her along now, you get a better chance your family will love her.”

“Oh I'm sure they'll love her,” Ron said with a smile. “No doubt about that.”

A little ring was heard by the front door and Andrew looked over at Ron.

“Want me to get that?” Andrew offered and Ron shook his head.

He walked his way over to the door and was embraced into a hug.

“Lacey!” he said slightly laughing.

She was twirled around by him and was placed down.

“I missed you, Ronald. Is that a problem?”

“Well, yeah, I think so.”

“Oh really? And why is that?”

“Because I didn't get a special present from my beautiful girlfriend at the door.

Lacey shook her head at him smiling and kissed him.

Ron wrapped his arms around her and Lacey wrapped her arms around his neck. Andrew came out of Ron's bedroom and he rolled his eyes.

“Alright, alright enough snogging. You can do it in the bedroom if you want.”

Ron and Lacey broke apart and looked over at Andrew.

“Shall we?” Ron asked with a smirk and Lacey swatted his arm.

Andrew slightly chuckled and smiled at his two friends.

-

Hermione was in the kitchen making herself lunch now. On the table were papers scattered everywhere. She finally found an outlet in Chicago. She was really excited and it wasn't that bad of a bargain to get it either. She already called up Paula to tell Louis.

She heard the microwave beep and walked over to it, taking out the meal she defrosted. She got herself a fork and walked back over to the table.

“Alright,” she muttered to herself as she sat down.

She looked at the papers in front of her and carefully read through the details of the outlet. She noticed there was going to be at least a good 50,000 books she could store in there. The only thing that she loved about the outlet she picked out was it had two floors. The top floor contained the books that were arriving for her and storage.

Her phone started ringing and she did an Accio on it so she wouldn't stand up for it.

“Hello?”

“Hey Hermione,” a familiar voice said on the other line.

“Oh … it's you.”

“Listen, I was wondering if we could go out later and talk.”

“What time?”

“Around 7:30 if that's alright with you.”

“That's fine, yeah.”

“Alright great, but make sure to bring your coat.”

Before Hermione could say anything else, he hung up on her. She shrugged and turned off the phone. She noticed in his voice he was nervous and she didn't blame him.

-

After hours of doing paper work on the outlet, Hermione had everything finished. Everything was filled out and ready to go to the owner. She felt accomplished, but now her biggest task was something way bigger to accomplish.

Hermione didn't even bother to change. She just stayed in what she was wearing. It was already 7:30 and no sign of Harry. She sighed heavily and wanted to get this over with as soon as possible. Just thinking about it made her even more nervous than ever.

Finally the doorbell rang and she made her way through the hallway, coat on and everything, and opened the door.

Both of them just looked at each other until Harry spoke up.

“You ready?”

Hermione nodded and closed the door behind her, casting a locking charm.

“So where exactly are we going?” Hermione asked curiously.

“I thought that maybe we could take a walk.”

Both of them stayed silent until Hermione spoke up. This wasn't going anywhere until someone talked about it.

“I want to talk first,” she said and looked over at Harry.

“Be my guest,” he said and swallowed hard, not knowing what was about to come out of her mouth.

“All I want to say is … I'm scared. I'm scared of what might happen to us. I'm scared that maybe we'll end up not being friends anymore. That I won't have your trust, friendship, care … it just scares me.”

“Why are you scared about that?” Harry asked, holding her hand.

“I don't know, Harry. I mean, all the things we've done already frightens me. I don't want to get hurt or anything in the end,” she said looking up at him.

“I promise you I will never hurt you like that.”

“I know you won't … I just need time to think. To me I think we're rushing don't you think?”

“I mean, you've only been back now for what … 3 or 4 days and we already had sex.”

Harry didn't want to comment on the sex thing. He knew he'd be hexed.

“All I'm saying is that I want to take this seriously. I don't want to get hurt.”

Harry squeezed her hand and she looked up at him.

“We'll take it slow if you want, but I want you know to that I care about you more than anything.” Harry stopped walking and just looked down at her. “I love you,” he whispered.

“I wouldn't do anything to hurt you because it'll hurt me.”

Hermione looked up straight into his face and knew he was seriously telling the truth. She knew he wouldn't do anything stupid around her.

“I'm scared if I love you more then you love me,” she said softly.

Harry smiled down at her and kissed her forehead gently.

“Don't be scared about that. I'll love you back more then you know.”

“Really?”

Harry simply nodded and embraced Hermione into a hug.

“You know I'll always love you.”

“I know,” she whispered and a tear fell down her cheek. “But promise me that I can have some time to think.”

“Anything for you, love. Anything for you …”

Hermione smiled and hugged him tighter.

“Thank you, Harry.”

Both of them broke apart and looked at each other.

“I have the urge to do something, but I think I might need your permission first.”

Hermione looked at him confused. “What is that?”

Harry leaned down and whispered in her ear, “If I can kiss you one last time.”

She looked at him as he stared down at her. Without even thinking, she grabbed his face gently and kissed him. Harry immediately wrapped his arms around her and brought her closer. Their mouths moved together until it turned into something passionate. Hermione wanted it to last for Harry.

Finally after a few minutes of being like that, both of them broke away at the same time and looked down. They were out of breath completely.

“Hermione, you better be thinking fast if I were you,” Harry said and leaned his forehead against hers.

Hermione nodded slightly and laughed a little.

“I think I will be,” she said softly.

Harry smiled down at her and kissed the tip of her nose.

“That's wonderful news.”

Coming up in Chapter Eight:

“You know what I'm thinking?” Harry said, looking down at the form.

“What are you thinking?” Hermione asked curiously.

“I think we both need to be packing.”

Hermione smiled at him and shook her head. “But Ron's coming in tomorrow!”

“Who said we'd be leaving right away?”

Please, please, PLEASE review! I think Chapter 8 is going to be a little longer.

-->

8. Nice and Slow


Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns everything Harry Potter related.

[AN]: Enjoy the chapter! All I have to say is I'm recovering from food poisoning and it's not fun not having to eat anything in the last two days. : l Give me lots of reviews to keep me busy!

Chapter Eight: Nice and Slow

---

Hermione rubbed her eyes as she made her way down the hallway towards her kitchen. She opened up her eyes a little and noticed something moving around in the kitchen. She stopped walking but then the scent of coffee freshly made filled the air. She looked really confused and quietly stepped in.

Harry was standing there filling two cups of coffee into mugs. Hermione crossed her arms across her chest and made her eye towards him. She had just woken up so she still looked tired. She was wearing her bathrobe and her pajamas still.

She finally came up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. Harry froze and looked over his shoulder. Hermione had her head resting against his back so she couldn't see if he was looking or not. He smiled at the feeling of her against him.

“Harry, why are you in my house?” she asked groggily against his back.

“Well … I wanted to surprise you in bed, but since you want to take things slow right now I didn't want to scare you. So I came down here and decided to make you breakfast.”

“How'd you get in?” she asked again in her same tone.

“I'm a wizard, Hermione.”

She felt Harry squirm and felt her head now resting against his chest. She looked up and found his face looking down at her.

“So what'd you make me?” she asked.

“Coffee with a small tickle on the side,” Harry said and tickled her side. Hermione laughed a little and tried to keep his hands away from her.

“I think I'll take the coffee,” she said smiling.

She patted his chest and walked away, but was tugged back.

Hermione looked over at him and he gave her a look. She looked at him confused and realized what he was meaning. “I'll give you one later.”

Harry released her from his grip and Hermione walked over to the table. She found surprisingly her mail all there for her. She sat down and looked through it.

“Harry,” she said and looked over at him.

He walked over to her and sat down giving Hermione her mug. Hermione looked at him and raised a letter.

“It's Ron's handwriting.”

“Open it then!”

Hermione looked at him and then started opening up the letter. Quickly she took the letter out of the envelope that it was in and unfolded it.

“What does it say?” Harry asked curiously.

Hermione eyes scanned every sentence that he had written and a huge smile came across her face. Harry noticed this and took the note away from her. She looked at him surprised and moved her chair over by him. Harry began to read it and eventually he was smiling too.

“He's coming tomorrow!” she said grinning and tugged at his arm.

Hermione took the note from him again and looked at it. She couldn't stop smiling. Harry looked at her and noticed this made her happy to know Ron was coming back. Hermione folded back up the letter and she got up quickly from her chair.

“Where are you going?”

“I have to write to Mrs. Weasley about this. Of course she'll want to know about her son.”

Harry nodded to that and sipped some of his coffee. While Hermione went to fetch some parchment, Harry noticed that she had a stack of papers on the table. He quickly looked over at the door frame and then went over to the papers. He saw on the very top a form already filled out. He started scanning through it and he shrugged.

Hermione came back through the door holding a piece of parchment and an ink set. She froze once she saw what Harry was looking through.

Harry looked up at her and frowned a little. He held up the form.

“Are you serious?” he said softly.

Hermione stayed quiet and Harry looked back down at the form.

“So you found an outlet in Chicago?”

“I meant to tell you last night, but I didn't know if it was going to be confirmed.”

“Is it confirmed already?”

Hermione nodded and walked over to the table, setting down the parchment and ink set.

You know what I'm thinking?” Harry said, looking down at the form.

“What are you thinking?” Hermione asked curiously.

“I think we both need to be packing.”

Hermione smiled at him and shook her head. “But Ron's coming in tomorrow!”

“Who said we'd be leaving right away?”

“Wait … are you really coming to Chicago with me?”

“Well, yeah. I'm not letting you go all by yourself. Plus you're going to be needing help getting your things together and the books that you're shipping over there. Then we have to start booking tickets for the plane and - “

Hermione just kissed him gently. Harry was surprised by this but kissed her back without any trouble. She broke away and looked up at his face.

“Why did you do that?” he asked softly.

“Because you care too much about me,” she replied back in the same tone.

“Did you just figure that out now?”

Hermione looked down with a smile on her face. “Not really…”

Harry laughed a little and brought her chin back up.

“I'm coming with you to the States. I promised you, remember?”

Hermione nodded and took the form from his hand.

“I already sent it over to the owner. We sealed it last night and he emailed me saying it was all mine. By next week he said I should have it up and running and looking for employees. Louis can handle that part.”

“Louis?” Harry asked raising an eyebrow.

“It's nothing to worry about. He's just someone who's like a boss to me. He's helping me run the company.”

Hermione put down the form and went back over to her seat. Quickly she opened up the parchment and ink and started writing.

“So have you even started out how you're going to plan all this?” Harry asked sitting back down next to her.

“You mean packing and everything?” she said while writing.

“Well what else am I talking about, Hermione?”

Hermione looked up at Harry and gave him a look.

“If you're so curious, yes I have started out actually,” she said looking back down.

“What do you have done so far?”

“I just got my personal belongings packed and I still have to look for a hotel to stay in the meantime when I'm down there.”

“Do you know how long?”

“Louis has to call me back and Paula said she'll try to get to him to by today.”

“Well let's start looking. We have all day.”

-

Harry was staring at the computer screen, scrolling down the hotel sites near Chicago. The whole entire day they had been at it, just like that one time when they were looking for outlets. Hermione was actually taking a nap … on Harry's lap. He had his left arm around her and her head was resting on his shoulder. Every once in awhile he would rub her arm so she would know he was still there whenever she tried to move.

His eyes were starting to get tired and he couldn't keep them open any longer. They had been at it for 7 hours straight. Not even taking a break to relax. Even though it was just 6:00 in the evening, he thought it wouldn't hurt to take a quick one.

He gently rested his head on top of Hermione's and put both of his arms around her. He closed his eyes and quickly fell asleep.

-

Mrs. Weasley walked over to the stove quickly.

“Arthur, dinner's ready! Ginny, same to you!”

Ginny was lying on the couch fooling around with popping caps. She grew found of them but her mother found it ridiculous how she played with them.

“What's for tonight, Molly?” Arthur asked as she sat down in his normal spot at the table.

“It's your favorite, dear. I was in a good mood,” she said slightly surprised.

“Has Ginny been better?” he whispered over to her.

“Only saw her drinking once today.”

Ginny finally came to the table and sat herself down next to her father.

“We're having potatoes again?”

“Oh you had them baked last night. These are mashed,” Molly said as she sat down.

Ginny rolled her eyes and huge thud was heard. Everyone looked at each other curiously.

“What is that?” Ginny asked pointing to the window.

Arthur and Molly looked over to find a barn owl.

“Looks like we got mail, dear.”

Molly got up quickly and let the owl in. It flew onto the table and dropped the letter.

“Does it have a coin bag?” Arthur asked curiously.

“No it doesn't,” Ginny said looking at the leg. It immediately flew off.

“It's from Hermione.”

Arthur and Ginny watched Molly's eyes and she literally jumped out of her chair, clapping a hand over her mouth.

“Ron's coming tomorrow!”

“Let me see!” Arthur said snatching the letter.

Ginny smiled as well and Molly couldn't stop clapping.

“Oh this involves a lot of cooking for the boy.”

“Mum, please, we don't even know if he's going to visit. He hasn't sent us any letters. Only Hermione has gotten letters from him.”

“You never know, sweetheart.”

-

Hermione felt herself on something soft. She didn't feel no arms around her or anything.
She opened up her eyes slowly and found herself in her room on her bed. She sat up quickly and wondered what happened to Harry. She walked out of her room and saw down the hallway that he was there, clicking the mouse away. She walked over there and stepped into the room.

Harry didn't even notice Hermione walk in. He was still searching for whatever else was needed. He found a couple of good hotels and he wrote them down without booking them. He was now looking at airfare to Chicago. His eyes looked like they were about to close any minute from how tired he was.

Hermione walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his neck. She rested her head on his shoulder.

“Morning,” she said softly and Harry looked over at her.

“Morning, love,” he responded and she couldn't help but smile.

“How's it going so far?”

“Alright, I guess. Though I feel I'm going to die just sitting here. I was hoping you wouldn't wake up. I wanted you to sleep.”

“I'm sorry I fell asleep on you like that. But just looking at you, you need some sleep.”

Harry smirked and took off his glasses, rubbing his eyes.

“Come on, enough with the computer. We have tomorrow too.”

“Ron's coming in tomorrow,” Harry reminded her and she looked at him.

“Don't worry we'll find time. He might even help us out and he'll entertain us with his stories.”

Harry stood up and felt Hermione's hand take his. Hermione walked into her bedroom and Harry thought she was mad bringing him in here.

“Are you sure you want me in here?”

Hermione nodded and opened up her closet. She turned on the light and stepped in. Harry watched what she was doing and noticed she was changing. Harry decided to change at least to.

Hermione stepped back out wearing a pajama top and her pajamas and noticed Harry changing. She watched him as he took off his shirt and the muscles that flexed in the back were making her finger tips tingle. She walked over to bed and slid in. Hermione tried not to look at him, but it was useless.

He became frustrated with the belt he was wearing. He couldn't get it off and he knew for sure he didn't want to sleep with it either.

“Need help, Harry?”

He looked over his shoulder and quickly nodded. “If you don't mind because this is driving me insane.”

Hermione slid out of bed and went over to him. Harry ran a hand through his hair and watched as she came up to him.

“The belt?” she asked, pointing to it and he nodded.

She moved closer to him and moved her hands around the belt. Hermione saw the problem and she started to take it off. She looked up at him and he looked at her. He remembered her words.

“No funny business, Ms. Granger.”

Hermione pulled out the belt and then handed it over to him.

“Funny how you resisted,” Harry said softly, holding the belt in his hands.

“I kept my control this time.”

“Bet you couldn't keep your control when you saw me changing.”

Hermione blushed a little and Harry gently wrapped the belt around her waist, pulling her against him.

“You said you wanted to take it nice and slow,” Harry whispered in her ear.

“Does nice and slow mean something like this?” Hermione asked and Harry brought his head around to look at her.

She looked straight into his eyes and slowly started moving him back. Harry felt the bed against him and he sat down. Hermione just kept coming at him. He crawled backwards until he was against the head board.

She crawled on top of him and leaned over to his ear.

“By nice and slow … I meant our relationship … the sex I don't mind if we take it slow.”

Harry smirked hearing her words.

“I thought you said it was wrong for us to do that.”

“I know you won't hurt me and you told me yourself,” she whispered. “But this time I'm curious how you take it nice and slow now that you mentioned it.”

Hermione sat back up on him and her hands slowly started to undo the small buttons that were on her pajama top. They ended up going to the middle of her stomach and slowly she pulled it off with no trouble.

Harry sat up and let his hands roam to the mid of her back.

“You want it slow?” he whispered towards her face.

“I want it slow,” she responded and grabbed his hands from behind his back. “Even if it torches you.”

She pushed him down gently and one of her bra straps slipped off her shoulder.

“Aw, Hermione, you're going to make me die here.”

“What am I, worst then Voldemort?”

“In this case yes,” he breathed out and his lips finally met hers in a slow, passionate frenzy.

Coming up in Chapter 9:

“Where is he? He said he was suppose to be here at noon”

Hermione looked at her watch she currently had on and noticed it was past noon already.

“Ron should've been here exactly at noon.”

“Well I went looking for you and couldn't find you,” a voice came up behind them.

Please review!

-->

9. It's Good to Be Back


Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns everything Harry Potter related.

[AN]: We finally have Ron in this chapter, but we'll see more of him in the next one coming up. School will be starting up for me soon and I don't know if the updates are going to be the same. Might take a little longer but don't forget about this story! Plus I think my food poisoning is gone. :]

Chapter Nine: It's Good to Be Back

---

The blinds were still closed in Hermione's room. No sunlight was outside, but just a light drizzle. The room was dark and clothes were scattered all over the floor. There was movement on the bed and the covers slightly slid off of the lump that was there. A pair of dark, green eyes opened up and breathed in instantly the smell of warm vanilla. The memories of last night flashed through his head and he looked adoringly at the figure that he was in back of.

Hermione was still asleep since she didn't make any movement. Harry pushed himself up on one of his elbows and looked over her shoulder. His other arm was draped over her waist and he leaned forward, resting his chin on her shoulder. He never felt this way before. Not even with Ginny and not even close with his school crush, Cho Chang. Something about Hermione made him realize she was more than anything. After last night when they took it slow, he realized from there that he poured all of his true love into her and he hoped she knew.

He kissed her neck softly and hugged her against him. Hermione felt a tug and turned herself over. She rested her head underneath the crook of his neck and snuggled closer to him.

“Are you awake?” Harry whispered and she nodded against him.

“Thanks to you, yeah.”

Hermione turned over once more and faced the ceiling.

“How'd you sleep?” Harry asked still propped up on his elbow.

She looked over at him and a small smile was on her face.

“Horrible, why do you ask?” she said, smirking.

“Just curious … I slept perfectly fine.”

Harry slipped over on top of Hermione and she squirmed underneath him.

“You're crushing me,” she said dramatically and he eyed her.

Hermione slightly laughed at his reaction and felt tickles all of a sudden on her sides.

“Harry, no!” she laughed and tried pushing him away until she felt his mouth on her neck.

“Oh Harry,” she moaned out loud and he smiled against her skin.

He pulled the covers over them and laughter was heard from underneath.

“My do you look delicious,” Harry commented and Hermione squealed.

“Harry, stop!” she said laughing once more.

She popped her head out from underneath the covers and crawled out, pulling some of the sheets with her. She wrapped them around her loosely and saw a hand sticking out from underneath the covers.

A head then popped out and Harry looked up at Hermione at the foot of the bed.

“You're too fast,” he said and she rolled her eyes.

“Well I'm sorry I'm that fast, but we need to get moving.”

“Where are you going?”

“I'm going to take a shower.”

“Mind if I join you?”

Hermione looked over her shoulder at him as she was about to leave the room and he looked at her with a puppy dog pout.

“I'm afraid to use the words no funny business,” she said, holding the sheets still.

Harry couldn't help but laugh and he smiled.

“Is that a yes then?”

“You can help me put on my body cream so my skin can stay smooth.”

“After you dry yourself off?”

“After I dry myself off,” she said with a small smile and left the room.

-

Harry was downstairs making both of them breakfast. He heard Hermione still in the shower and he was really anxious to put that body cream on her. The coffee was already ready and he decided not to pour it into the mugs yet. The omelets that he made were ready as well and left them on the stove so they would stay nice and warm for awhile.

“Harry!” Hermione shouted from the bathroom and he smiled.

Quickly he jogged over to the bathroom and slightly opened up the door. He peaked in and saw her searching for something. Hermione found her vanilla cream and she smiled when she saw him.

“Alright, go crazy on me,” she said and he closed the door.

Hermione handed him the cream and he watched her slip off her bathrobe.

“I love that I get to do this,” he said and put some of the cream in his hand.

He noticed that her knickers were already on and he shrugged.

“Did you make breakfast?” she asked curiously and felt the cold cream against her back as he rubbed it in.

“Yes I did. I made the coffee already and an omelet for each of us. I'm hoping they'll stay warm.”

“Since when did you become an expert on cooking?”

“Good question,” he said and she smiled.

Harry put more cream on his hand and moved in front of her. He smiled at her and she smiled back at him.

“So do you think Ron's going to be overjoyed once he sees us?” he asked as he started to rub it in on her chest.

“Of course he will be, Harry. He'll be even more excited to see - Oh Merlin,” she moaned and he smirked.

“Did you really have to do that?” Hermione said and Harry just smiled at her.

“I couldn't resist,” he said simply, giving her an innocent look.

He gently brushed his thumb over one of her hardened nipples and she pushed his hand away gently. Harry got more cream and kneeled down.

“What time is Ron suppose to come in and where?” he asked.

“Around noon at Kings Cross,” she said while putting on her bra.

She quickly slipped on her sweatshirt and stepped away as Harry washed his hands. Hermione slipped on her jeans and fixed up her hair a little by putting it.

“You're wearing it up?”

“Yeah, why?” she asked curiously.

“I like it down to tell you the truth,” he said while wiping his hands on a towel.

Hermione smiled at him through the mirror.

“Come on before breakfast gets cold,” she said motioning towards the door.

-

Harry and Hermione were standing outside of Kings Cross waiting in the bitter cold. Harry was holding both of her hands in his so they wouldn't become cold.

“Did he say if he was apparating?”

“No he didn't. He just informed me he was coming in the station.”

Both of them stood there for awhile and looked around for anyone who looked liked Ron at least. Harry sighed heavily, making a puff of air form from the cold.

“Where is he? He said he was suppose to be here at noon”

Hermione looked at her watch she currently had on and noticed it was past noon already.

“Ron should've been here exactly at noon.”

“Well I went looking for you and couldn't find you,” a voice came up behind them.

Hermione and Harry turned around and there was Ron, standing with a bag slung over his shoulder and a suitcase by his side. Hermione let go of Harry's hands and ran up to him to give him a hug.

“Oh Ron,” she said and he hugged her back just as tight.

Harry stood there as he watched her hug him. Hermione broke away and smiled at Ron.

“Any luck from Harry?” Ron asked right away and Hermione looked over at him.

“He's right there,” she said softly.

Harry waved at him slightly and Ron looked at him with an open mouth.

“Nah, it's not him.”

Harry laughed and ruffled his hair, coming up to both of them.

“Oh it is, Ronnekins … Oh it is.”

Hermione laughed and Ron did as well and both of the boys shared a small hug and a shake of hands.

“You smell like vanilla, Harry. What is it? New scent or something?” Ron asked with a smirk.

Hermione blushed and Harry looked over at her with a small smile.

“I doubt it would fit you though,” he said and Hermione walked over to Harry's side.

“I got my own, really, but you have a lot of explaining to do.”

Harry and Ron from there were unseperable. Both of them talked on and on and Hermione was happy. It was back how it used to be.

“So where are we exactly taking you?” Harry asked as they exited out of the station.

“I was thinking of going to my parents and staying there.”

“Why didn't you owl them?” Hermione asked curiously.

“Because I-I felt that owling you would've been better.”

“Why me?”

“Because you wanted to keep in contact with me. My parents hardly sent me a damn owl. Charlie kept saying things here and there about them. I thought they were fine, but now I guess they want to see me.”

“Ron, they've been dieing to see you.”

Harry nodded to that. “Yeah, mate, they really missed you.”

“Alright … I'll go over there now and then later on tonight I'll come over by you guys. Catch up and everything. I've loads to tell you.”

Hermione smiled and gave him a goodbye hug. Harry shook his head and watched as Ron disappeared into thin air. Immediately Hermione laced her hand up with Harry's and he looked down at her.

“Think it's going to go well?”

“Hopefully,” Hermione said with a worried look.

“Thing is how are we going to tell him about us?”

“I actually forgot about that,” Harry said truthfully and he shrugged.

“We'll find a way. Let's go back at the house and we'll search for whatever else we need for the trip to Chicago.”

“Wait, Hermione,” Harry said, tugging her hand. “We have to tell him about that too.”

She frowned and sighed heavily. “It just gets harder and harder, doesn't it?”

Harry nodded looking at her and pulled her into a side hug.

“It'll be alright,” he said softly and kissed her forehead.

-

Ron opened up his eyes and found himself in front of his house. He noticed it still looked the same since he left without any note and he felt he was going to get some punishment for that. He placed down his suitcase and gently knocked on the door.

Arthur was on the couch reading the Daily Prophet and Ginny was upstairs taking a nap from how drunk she was.

“Molly, someone knocked!” Arthur shouted and stopped reading.

He heard a ringing sound and looked at their family clock. He saw one spinning around aimlessly until it stopped. He looked at it closer and it was Ron's face signaling he was home.

Molly came through the back and walked past her husband.

“Well you could've gotten the door,” she said with a roll of her eyes and she froze.

Arthur quickly came over to the door and stood beside his wife. Ron just stood there and smiled at them with one of his lopsided smiles.

“Mum … Dad,” was all he could say and Molly immediately embraced him into one of her hugs.

Arthur patted his son's back and he smiled.

“Welcome home,” he said and Molly was in complete tears.

“Oh Ron, oh I can't believe you're really here.”

All Ron could do was just brace in the moment between the three of them. He missed the most from his parents, especially their company.

“Alright, dear, I think you're suffocating him now.”

Molly slowly let go of him and Arthur helping his son with his suitcase and bag. Ron stepped in and smiled just looking around the place. It felt good to be back.

“Where's Ginny?” Ron asked curiously.

“She's upstairs taking a nap. We'll tell you about that later though,” Molly said quickly going over to the stove and getting Ron something to eat.

“You have a lot to tell us, young man,” his father said and lead him over to the table.

“Yeah, I know, Dad, I know. It's going to be a lot to tell.”

Ron sat down beside his father and Molly placed a plate filled with his favorite foods.

“Eat up, Ron, you need some home cooking.”

He smiled down at his plate and couldn't resist but dig in and eat like a pig.

-

Harry helped Hermione take off her jacket and hung it up for her in the coat closet along with his.

She went upstairs and he watched her. She seemed a bit quiet after they left the station and he was getting worried. He followed her up and already found her turning on the computer in her small study.

“Already you're on there?” he asked sitting down next to her.

She simply nodded and he watched as the screen came on.

“So what did you find?” she asked as she looked over a notepad.

“Well I found a few hotels that were possibly a good price to stay at for the time being. I couldn't find the tickets for the plane. I didn't know what kind you wanted to go on.”

“As long as it's first class because from here to Chicago is going to be a good 7 hours possibly and it'll be non-stop flight.”

“Are you serious?” Harry asked completely horrified.

“Yeah, but we'll be in first class and you'll have me to keep you company. Plus first class has bigger everything so don't panic. We'll panic when we lose our luggage.”

“Great,” he said, leaning back.

“Oh Harry, it's not that bad.”

“How do you know?”

“Because I've been on a plane before. My parents' took me to France for the holidays while we were in school.”

“You never told me that.”

“Do I need to tell you everything, Harry?” Hermione asked looking down on the airfare website.

“Yes,” he simply and sat back up.

She looked over her shoulder and gave him a look. All he did was just smile.

---

Coming up in Chapter 10:

“You have a girlfriend, Ron?” Harry asked completely surprised yet he had a stupid smile on his face.

“Of course I do, mate. Her name is Lacey Davins and she isn't your natural blonde. She's actually a pretty smart one.”

Hermione looked at Ron with her mouth slightly open and sat back.

“Hermione, are you alright?” Ron asked her from across the table.

Harry looked over at Hermione with concern and all she did was smile.

Please, please review. :]

-->

10. [Author's Note]


Author's Note:

As you can see there isn't another story update, but I am updating you how chapters are going to be coming this time. I'm going to be posting chapters over the weekends now. School started and I find it easier writing chapters during the night when I have nothing to do and when I'm done with everything.

Just hang in there for me and I hope you guys understand! :]

Don't forget about this story!

-->

11. Ron's Catching Up


Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns everything Harry Potter related.

[AN]: Sorry that it took awhile for this chapter to be uploaded. I hate how school is now getting in the way of all the things I really want to do. I hope this makes up for the time lost here. Review please!

Chapter Ten: Ron's Catching Up

---

Ginny had woken up right after Ron had finished the food that Molly made for him. She was really surprised to him yet Ron was already worried about her that she fell down the stairs twice. Arthur and Molly looked at each other and decided to explain first what was happening with them.

“So, how's it been without me? You never sent a letter or anything,” Ron said, fidgeting with his hands at the table.

“We were waiting for you to write a letter, sweetheart,” Molly said with a concerned look.

“Well how should I know. I thought you were wondering where I went.”

“Charlie told me that you were working along with him,” Ginny said and Arthur looked at his son curiously.

“You were working with Charlie? Up in Romania? Doing what exactly?”

“You know what Charlie does, Dad. He gave me pointers on dragons and people would come into the shop asking how to take care of them and everything. I found it a good opportunity and I raised a good amount of money for myself.”

Molly and Arthur looked at each other and then back at Ron.

“I swear that's what I've been doing. Even Ginny said it herself. Charlie knows what I've been doing. He's the one who was looking after me up there. I bought a small flat there as well and I met some great friends,” he said ending it with a smile, thinking about Andrew and Lacey.

“Are you happy up there?” Molly asked with a full of concern.

Ron nodded with a huge smile. “Of course I am, Mum. I enjoy living up there.”

Ginny opened up a small bottle of Firewhiskey underneath the table, away from everyone's view, and Molly heard the faint pop of a cap.

“Ginevra Molly Weasley, give me that bottle now,” she demanded and Ginny shrugged, putting the cap back on.

Molly had her hand extended out and Ginny placed the Firewhiskey in her hand. Ron looked at Ginny and gave her a look that said `What do you need that for?'

Molly sighed heavily and Arthur nodded.

“We have a few things we need to tell you ourselves while you've been gone,” Arthur said as he looked at his wife to finish off what he at least started.

“You see, Gin-“

“No, Mum, let me explain it,” Ginny cut in and Ron looked over at her.

“I have a drinking problem. Why you might ask? Because the person I was about to marry just dumped me for the most stupid reason in the world!”

“And that reason was?”

Ginny furiously crossed her arms across her chest and slumped down in her chair.

“He left me because he thought I was cheating on him when I wasn't. He thought I always left him to go to someone else's house and just have a good time without him. Lousy bitch he was to do that to me. Then the next day everyone showed up and we told them to go back home. The wedding was off, everything was sent back.”

Ron looked at his sister with sympathy. He never knew that she would have a drinking problem after all that happening, but he slightly understood why she was doing that.

“Who knows where that bloke is now,” Ginny continued and shook her head, anger raging up inside of her.

“I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you or anything,” Ron said and looked over at his parents.

“It's alright, Ron,” Molly said and patted his hand from across the table. “We came through it and we're still managing with it.”

Ginny and Molly exchanged looks and Ron felt bad for all of them. Ginny has a drinking problem and his parents are trying to help her out after what happened. He wished he was there when all of this something because he would've said a few good words to that man's direction. No doubt about that.

“Have you talked to Hermione personally yet?” Ginny then brought up and he nodded with a smile on his face.

“Yeah I did. She brought Harry along as well.”

Molly nodded at that and a smile of her own came about.

“It was nice to see him again. He doesn't know though what Hermione had to go through without him here. I hope they're alright with each other now.”

“Of course they are, Ron. You know how those two are anyways,” Ginny said and he nodded to that.

“True, they do make up their minds easily between them, which reminds me that I'll be visiting them soon. They invited me over to catch up on things.”

“Well get going then. I know how much they mean to you,” Molly said standing up from her chair.

Ron stood up and Molly quickly went over to him and embraced him into one of her famous Weasley hugs. He hugged her back and felt that everything here was going to be alright now hopefully.

“Caught up in the moment?” Ginny said and Arthur threw her a look.

“Upstairs,” he said firmly and Ginny rolled her eyes, getting up from her chair, and started going up the second floor of the house.

-

Hermione leaned against the wall listening to her voice messages at work. So far there was none from Paula yet and Paula was at her lunch break at the moment. She sighed heavily and heard the beeping noise to the answering machine go off.

“Paula, it's me, Hermione, I was wondering if you heard from Louis if he decided on when I was going to be leaving for Chicago to open up the bookstore there and settle everything down. Call me back when you have a chance,” she said and hung up the phone, placing it on the charger.

She felt a pair of arms immediately encircle her and felt a soft kiss being planted on her neck.

“Oh Harry,” she said with her eyes closed and he smiled.

He pulled her against him and held her there in his arms. All of a sudden, Hermione yelped and was thrown over Harry's shoulder.

“Harry, put me down!” she said slightly laughing and he walked over into her living room.

“You're too sexy to put down,” he said and she rolled her eyes.

“How romantic you are.”

Harry sat her on the couch and he immediately towered over her, still standing.

“Have a nice go before Ron gets here?” Harry asked and Hermione swatted his arm.

“What is it with you and me having sex?”

“Rather kinky if you ask me.”

Hermione swatted his arm again and he laughed.

“I'm a guy, Hermione. We're suppose to adore the ones we love.”

“Who doesn't adore you?” she asked with a smirk and he sat down next to her.

“Oh think you can make comebacks now?”

Hermione giggled and Harry crawled on top of her. She got pushed down gently and she just looked up into the face she loved. Who wouldn't want to wake up to those beautiful emerald orbs in the morning? Harry leaned his forehead onto hers and he captured her lips. Hermione already had her hands sneaking underneath his shirt near the hem and Harry already had her shirt halfway up.

“You burn me up inside, darling,” Harry whispered away from their broken kiss and she pulled his head down for another forceful kiss.

“Like you don't do the same,” she said and both of them smiled about it.

Harry started to kiss her neck and Hermione closed her eyes as her fingers got tangled up in his hair. She moved her head over so he could get more access to it until the doorbell rang in the front.

“I thought you didn't give him your address,” he whispered huskily in her ear.

“Probably - Molly did,” she said gasping and Hermione gave him one last kiss.

Both of them got off the couch and fixed themselves up a bit. Hermione quickly went over to the door and opened it up finding Ron standing there a smile on his face.

“Hey there, Hermione,” he said coming in and greeting her with a friendly kiss on the cheek.

“Hey Ron,” Harry said and gave him a brotherly hug.

Ron took off his coat and looked at Hermione awkwardly. Harry noticed this too and wondered what in the world Ron was looking at.

“You've been having some playtime, Hermione?” Ron asked with a smirk upon his face.

“What are you talking about?” she asked, taking his coat and hanging it up.

He tapped his neck and she touched her own. Harry widened his eyes and wanted to murder himself for giving her a hickey. Hermione looked over at Harry and he bit his bottom lip really hard trying to let her know what he did to her. She looked at him curiously and her own eyes widened a little.

“Oh,” she said and slightly blushed.

Ron laughed and he followed Harry into the kitchen.

“Some lucky bloke he is, Hermione. What's his name?” Ron asked as he sat down on one of the stools in the kitchen.

She really didn't know how to answer that and she didn't know if it was alright with Harry either. “I - I … It's a surprise,” she said stuttering.

“What is he some celebrity or something?”

“How about we switch the topic around?” Harry asked nervously and Hermione nodded.

“Yeah let's do that. You'll figure it out eventually, Ron.”

“So how's the life been up there in Romania Hermione tells me,” Harry began and Ron nodded with a huge smile on his face.

“Aw, Harry, it's completely amazing up there. The people up there are fantastic, the job is well-earning, and I even got myself a small flat up there I'm sharing with.”

“Hope the people aren't that disrespectful,” Hermione said sitting down next to him.

“They're actually a few friends of mine and I'd like to say I'm dating one of them.”

Harry and Hermione exchanged disgusted looks and were thinking that Ron probably did lose his mind up there.

“T-That's nice, Ron. I mean, I didn't know you were like that all of a sudden.”

Ron looked at Harry oddly. “What do you mean? That I'm dating a girl?”

“We - never mind,” Hermione said and Harry already read her thoughts. He tried not to laugh it out or show it at least.

“You have a girlfriend, Ron?” Harry asked completely surprised yet he had a stupid smile on his face.

“Of course I do, mate. Her name is Lacey Davins and she isn't your natural blonde. She's actually a pretty smart one.”

Hermione looked at Ron with her mouth slightly open and sat back.

“Hermione, are you alright?” Ron asked her from across the table.

Harry looked over at Hermione with concern and all she did was smile.

“You said Lacey Davins?”

Ron simply nodded.

“Yeah, why?”

“Has she ever told you she's a model down in Paris and she used to be my neighbor?”

Ron's mouth immediately dropped down and so did Harry's.

“Y-You're dating a model?” Harry said and felt his mouth go dry.

“Bloody hell,” he said with the biggest grin in all of the U.K. “She never told me that.”

“I can't believe she moved all the way up in Romania.”

“When did she move away from you?” Ron asked curiously, still with that stupid grin on his face.

“About the time when I got my Hogwarts letter. My mother told me they were moving for health reasons. They couldn't take the horrible weather.”

“When did she become a model?”

“I noticed her down in Paris when I went there for one of my vacations. She was listed in a fashion show and all I can say is she can pull any look off.”

“You're one lucky bloke all right,” Harry said grinning over at Ron. “I mean, Hermio-oof,” Hermione immediately hit him really hard and Ron looked between the two of them.

“Hermione what, Harry?”

She covered her eyes and sighed heavily. “Nothing, Ron.”

“Tell me! I know I eventually have to ask you two how your lives have been, too.”

Harry and Hermione exchanged, once again, looks at each other and she shook her head while he nodded.

“Ron,” Hermione began, “the one who gave me this hickey was …,” she mumbled the name and he didn't quite catch it.

“Wait, who? I didn't hear you.”

She said it again and Harry rolled his eyes.

“Bloody hell, it's me, Ron,” Harry said and Ron widened his eyes at the two of them.

“You mean … you're snogging her?”

Harry nodded looking away from Ron and sighed heavily. Hermione was looking at the ground and didn't even want to see his reaction.

“That's … That's pretty amazing,” he said laughing and that made both Harry and Hermione's head jolt up.

“What?” they both said in unison.

“I'm actually kind of happy that you guys … well you know … found out about yourselves in a good way that made you realize there was something.”

Hermione smiled at Ron's reply. “Why, why thank you, Ron.”

“So you're not going to freak out or anything if I kiss her?”

“Well, I don't know about that, but I guess it's going to be something to get used to. Does Mum and Dad know?”

Both of them shook their heads and Ron nodded.

“Figured or else they would've told me or should I say Ginny would've.”

“Did Molly tell you about her drinking problem?” Hermione asked.

Ron sadly nodded and an enormous sigh came out of him.

“I wish I was there to help them with that. I feel bad not being there. I feel bad for even leaving you behind, Hermione. I know how badly you were stressing over Harry.”

“Wait - you were stressing over me?” Harry asked and she nodded.

“I told you, Harry, you gave me quite a rocker in my life.”

“Yeah, mate, I swear. I would be over here at the house faster than you'd know it when she was breaking down. Sometimes I would've stayed over night or even a week or something just in case she was alright. Plus I even called in on her work to keep an extra eye upon her.”

“But now you really don't have to worry,” she said softly towards him. “I'll be alright now.”

Hermione smiled over at Harry and smiled back at her. Without even thinking, Harry just planted a kiss on her lips and Ron made a slight disgusted face.

“Yeah that's going to be hard getting used to.”

Harry and Hermione broke away and laughed over at Ron.

“But as long as it makes you happy, Hermione, I'm fine with that.”

“Oh it does,” she said nodding and Harry laughed at her.

Coming up in Chapter Eleven:

“Are you going to stay with her there?” Ron asked softly as he watched Hermione sleeping on the couch.

Harry nodded and walked over to her, bending down to his knees just to look at her precious face he adored.

“I'll be staying in Chicago with her.”

“Do you know for how long?”

“As long as it takes for her to finish what she started.”

Please review!

-->

12. Between Best Friends


Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns everything Harry Potter related.

[AN]: All I have to say is that I'm giving out my biggest sorry in the history of fanfiction. I'm sorry I haven't updated in the longest time. I know it's been over a month, but as I said in my last Author's Note that school came around and it's been really hard for me to try and add on another chapter. But the good part is I haven't forgotten about this story! I know some of you have been anxious to find out what will be happening. From now on, I will be updating when I have free time. I hope none of you have lost hope in this story!

Chapter Eleven: Between Best Friends

---

Hermione placed a teacup in front of Ron filled with tea along with Harry and herself also getting a teacup. She sat down next to Harry at the table and passed the lemon that Ron wanted for his tea.

“While you were making the tea, Hermione, Harry told me you were going to Chicago for your book company.”

Hermione looked over at Harry quickly and then over at Ron.

“I really didn't want you to know about that.”

Ron looked at her curiously. “Why didn't you want me to? It's not that big of a deal.”

Harry gently sipped his tea and shook his head quickly at Ron to not go too into depth of the whole situation.

“Ron, it really is a huge deal for me and especially the company.”

“Well can I ask how huge the deal is?”

Hermione sighed heavily and stirred her tea gently from the sugar she just added in there.

“It might be life changing for me,” she said softly. “There's a possibility I might move to Chicago and stay there to open up the business, employ people, and from there widen the company throughout America.”

Ron stared at her stunned. He wasn't expecting that to come out of her. He was thinking maybe the company was taking a turn for the worse.

“That's a good thing, Hermione. Don't make it sound like it's horrifying. I'm sure you'll get everything done over there in no time. It's a fantastic opportunity if you ask me. I mean, look at me. I moved all the way to Romania and gaining a fortune from dragons.”

“Yeah but completely leaving everything behind, crossing the ocean, and being away from the ones you love is pretty hard, Ron,” Harry said and Hermione felt a tiny smile tug at her mouth. Harry knew exactly how this was going to affect her.

“That is true,” he said and looked down into his tea, “Especially when the holidays are coming around now. Christmas is just in 3 weeks.”

Hermione completely forgot about that. Christmas was literally just in three weeks and she was leaving everyone behind that knew her too well. She sighed quietly and Harry looked over at her. He noticed how she was staring into space. She was thinking by the looks of it. Harry had already picked up her new habits of thinking.

“Do you know how long this will take?” Ron asked over at Hermione.

“Hermione,” Harry said and gently shook her by the shoulder seeing as how she wasn't paying attention anymore.

“Huh?” she said, finally blinking, and looked over at Ron. “I, um, really don't know.”

Ron could tell that she looked tired and how worried she now looked from the questions he kept asking her. He felt bad for doing that but he had a right to know what she was about to do over there.

“Harry, I think I'm going to go relax for a bit. I don't feel too well anymore. There's just so much going on.”

Harry reached over and placed a hand on top of hers, lacing his hand up loosely with hers.

“Do you need anything?”

She shook her head and looked into his face. “I'll be fine.”

Harry knew she didn't want to be at the table anymore. From Ron asking questions about the whole Chicago trip, it wasn't helping her at all. Harry noticed how she didn't like staying up late and searching for tickets or even trying to find a hotel. Stress and a lot of other things were getting to her already.

“Call me if you do need something.”

Hermione nodded and Harry gave her a quick kiss. Ron moved his chair uncomfortably and watched Hermione leave the kitchen. He heard from her a quick goodbye and he looked over his shoulder, watching her leave and go up the stairs.

Hermione went up the stairs at a normal pace and turned around the banister, going to her room. She opened the door slightly and sat down on her bed, falling backwards. She stared up at the ceiling and then over at the pillows. She could smell Harry's cologne and crawled over to where he would usually sleep.

She placed her head against the pillow and closed her eyes. She felt them burn from the tears starting to form, but she resisted them to fall. Stress was soon to be over taking her life and she knew she was going to hate that more than anything.

She was stressing over Ron's questions already, the phone call she would be getting from Paula, the trip to Chicago, having Christmas coming soon, and so much more. She didn't know if she could handle this by herself at all. Thankfully Harry would be there with her for the whole entire thing. She hoped he wouldn't leave her there and come back to London.

-

Harry sat back and ran a hand through his hair. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and looked straight at Ron.

“This is too much for her. The guy at her work just had to bring this up to her.”

“What guy?” Ron asked.

“He's like the manager or the person who helped her expand the company. I don't know. She didn't really explain him that well. He's not that great of a bloke to me even though I haven't met him at all.”

Ron smirked and looked around the kitchen. “You said you were going with her, right?”

“Yeah I am. I know she can't do all of this alone. I hate it when things like this are on her.”

“I know what you mean by that. Lacey works for Muggle insurance and the people that call her in and send in a letter just puts her out completely. She comes home to the flat miserable looking.”

“Hermione's always been like that though, Ron.”

Harry stood up and started clearing the table. Ron decided to help him and he brought over the teacups to the sink.

“How's she been overall with this?”

Harry leaned against the counter and watched Ron place the last teacup from the table into the sink. “Alright I guess. I swear the shagging we have -“

“You two shagged already?! Are you both mad?” Ron said laughing.

Harry rolled his eyes and Ron calmed down his laughter.

“I can imagine how the shagging must be from all the stress.”

“Oh you have no idea. She wants it nice and slow according to her.”

“Nice and slow is pretty amusing. It's way more fun and it's fun torcher if you ask me.

Harry had to smile and shook his head over at Ron.

“What?” Ron asked and grinned.

“Nothing, Ron.” Harry took out his wand from the back pocket of his jeans and waved it over the things that were in the sink. Instantly they began to wash themselves.

“So when did you and Hermione start the whole dating thing?”

“That I really don't want to get into. You have no idea how hard it was for us to know if it was wrong or not. It broke out a lot of fights.”

“Never would've guessed that.”

Harry nodded and wondered how she was doing.

“I'll go see how she's doing. She probably fell asleep by now.”

Harry left the kitchen and Ron was following him up the stairs, curiosity arising in him. Harry gently pushed the door open since he found it closed and saw her laying there on the bed with her eyes closed. She seemed to be sleeping.

Ron leaned against the doorframe of her room and watched as Harry walked over to the bed.

“Are you going to stay with her there?” Ron asked softly as he watched Hermione sleeping on the bed.

Harry nodded and walked over to her, bending down to his knees just to look at her precious face he adored.

“I'll be staying in Chicago with her.”

“Do you know for how long?”

“As long as it takes for her to finish what she started.”

“I hope that doesn't affect much around here.”

Ron walked in and stood next to Harry. Harry stood back up and looked over down at Hermione.

“I hope everything goes well for you two over there. She's going to be needing a lot of support,” Ron said and looked over at Harry.

He nodded and moved a piece of her hair away from her face. “She's a strong person. I know she can get it done. I have a feeling though that we won't be back too soon. I think we might be there for the holidays from how serious this guy is with her. He wants at least a book shop opened up and see how the sales go.”

“Seriously, Harry, good luck with all of that. If it was me and her doing this, I know for sure I would be going crazy.”

Harry smirked and patted his friend on the shoulder.

“Let's get out of here. She needs the rest she can get.”

Harry and Ron left her room and gently closed the door behind them. Hermione on the other hand wasn't literally asleep yet. She opened up one eye slowly and looked over at the door. She was happy how Harry was being behind her all the way and she felt that Ron spoke the truth from what he said.

She closed her eyes back up and decided to take a nice nap in the meantime.

Back downstairs, Ron was getting his things and he said goodbye to Harry.

“Tell your parents and Ginny to take it easy,” Harry said and with that Ron was gone with a pop.

Harry closed the door gently and locked it up. He ran a hand through his hair and turned around. He made his way up the stairs rather quickly and opened back up her door. He peaked his head in and found her back towards the door. Harry walked back over to her and slipped into bed on the other side of her.

She looked so peaceful just sleeping like that. Harry moved closer to her and wrapped his arms around her, gently bringing her into him. Hermione responded and grabbed a chunk full of his shirt. She rested her head underneath the crook of his neck and Harry could smell the lovely scent of her shampoo.

She closed his eyes and just snuggled closer to her.

“I love you, Hermione,” he whispered and kissed her forehead gently.

Hermione's face had a small smile tug at her face and she just snuggled even closer to him. Those words filtered into her mind and just made her feel more loved by him.

Harry himself started to drift off and soon enough he, himself, was sleeping.

---

Preview for Chapter Twelve!

“I sometimes want to hex that man out of this universe!”

“He at least could've given you another day to stay here.”

Hermione shook her head sadly and just slumped down on the bed.

“I can't believe we have to leave at midnight tonight.”

“There are different time zones, you know. Maybe that's why?”

“Harry, that's not the point!”

Please review you guys! :]

-->