A Grand Adventure

Searcy

Rating: NC17
Genres: Angst, Romance
Relationships: Harry & Hermione
Book: Harry & Hermione, Books 1 - 5
Published: 22/07/2008
Last Updated: 14/11/2008
Status: Completed

Harry spends the summer following Sirius' death with Hermione and sees a whole new side of his best friend. My submission to the "Invitation-only KiwiMelon15 Challenge".

1. At the Grangers


A Grand Adventure

At the Grangers

Hermione Granger sat anxiously in the window seat of family room of her home. The letter had specifically said they would arrive at six. She spared a hasty glance to the watch at her wrist; half past five. She still had a full half hour to wait. Hermione jumped up and strode purposefully towards the stairs. As she went past her father called out.

“Poppet…”

The air of a question was evident in his tone; Hermione answered the unspoken inquiry without ever breaking her stride.

“Just going to check things over a bit before Harry arrives.”

Hermione bounded up the stairs and disappeared. Jonathan Granger stared after his daughter for a moment before folding his evening paper and rising from his favorite armchair to head into the kitchen. There his wife Emma stood at the counter preparing the night's supper. Helping himself to a couple of sliced carrot sticks Jonathan queried his wife.

“Does Hermione seem wound a bit tight to you?”

Emma Granger bent to return the roast chicken she'd just basted to the oven before turning and responding to her husband's question.

“What makes you think that Hermione is wound a bit tight?”

Jonathan stared at his wife and replied.

“She's been running around in a tizzy all morning. The only time she's moved from the window seat is to run upstairs and check that the room is all right. Not to mention the fact that she spent all day yesterday getting the room ready to begin with. I'm beginning to wonder if we made the right decision inviting this Harry to stay for the summer. I mean honestly, the way she's acting you think she fancied the boy!"

Emma gazed up at the perturbed expression marring her husband's face and chuckled.

"Really Jonathan you are being ridiculous. Hermione is simply concerned about her friend. Lord knows I'm a bit concerned about Harry myself, you heard the description of the awful time he's had of it. Imagine having both your parents murdered when you're hardly old enough to remember them. Then being packed off to live with that horrible aunt and uncle of say his, who treat him as if he were some sort of criminal and not a member of their family. Not to mention all that he's had to endure at school; watching a schoolmate die last term and then having to watch his own godfather murdered before his very eyes, can you imagine the horror of that? So yes, I imagine that our daughter does seem wound a bit tight but I can assure you Jonathan that it is only her concern for Harry.”

Emma patted her husband's cheek affectionately. Jonathan nodded his head sheepishly and muttered.

“As usual you are quite right I am being rather ridiculous.”

At that exact moment the doorbell sounded. Emma headed off to answer the door and called over her shoulder.

“Besides, I have it on very good authority that Harry is not the bloke that Hermione fancies."

Jonathan's eyes widened in their sockets. He hurried out of the kitchen close on his wife's heels querying her insistently.

"Hermione fancies someone, who is he? How long have you known about this? Why wasn't I told? Emma who is this boy that Poppet fancies!?”

Emma ignored her husband and continued on to the door. As she flung the door open she was greeted by the smiling face of Hogwarts headmaster Albus Dumbledore. Standing slightly off to the side was a bespectacled, scrawny teenage boy with an uncontrollable mop of black hair standing at odd angles about his head. The young man had a look of uncertainty about him that immediately endeared him to Emma. Smiling brightly she greeted her guests warmly.

“Professor Dumbledore, Harry, so good to see you both, please come in.”

Dumbledore stepped inside and Harry quietly followed. Emma Granger, warm smile still in place said.

“I trust your journey wasn't too taxing…do have a seat and relax. Would you like a drink, water, tea or perhaps something stronger for you Headmaster Dumbledore? Are you hungry at all? Dinner won't be ready for another hour but I could make sandwiches or order in a bit of take away if you'd like.”

Jonathan interrupted his wife's prattling.

“Now Em, give our guests a moment to catch their breath, eh.”

Emma colored slightly and Harry was strongly reminded of several very similar moments he and Ron had had with Hermione over the years. It would seem that Hermione had inherited her incessant chattering and her looks from her mother. Suddenly Harry heard a rather high pitched squealing sort of sound that he recognized to be his name. He looked up and saw Hermione flying at him from the base of the stairs. He only just managed to drop his rucksack a second before Hermione slammed into him with one of her hugs.

“Harry you're here!!! I'm so glad to see that you're alright. Your aunt and uncle weren't too horrible were they? Well it really doesn't matter now as you're here now. How was your trip? I hope it wasn't too long…”

Dumbledore smiled as he cut into Hermione's mile a minute inquisition.

“Ahh Hermione so good to see you, I trust you've been keeping well these past two weeks since I saw you last.”

Hermione released her rather crushing hold on Harry and answered back with.

“Oh hello Professor Dumbledore, I've been very well, and you?”

Dumbledore smiled.

“I have indeed been quite well also; terribly busy but quite well all the same.”

Dumbledore then directed his words towards Hermione's parents.

“I thank you both for the kind hospitality you've offered to Harry and to a lesser degree myself. And as much as I would like to remain I must be off to another somewhat pressing engagement.”

Then turning back to Harry and Hermione he said.

“I do hope the pair of you manage to embark upon some grand adventure to occupy your free time. I know how much you enjoy such things.”

Dumbledore graced them with a wink of his eye before turning and saying his goodbyes to the Grangers disapparated in a rustle of robes. Following Dumbledore's departure Hermione formally introduced Harry to her parents before grabbing him by the hand and dragging him up the stairs to show him the room that would serve as his for the remainder of the summer. Jonathan Granger watched them go and wondered just how reliable this good authority of Emma's was.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

-->

2. Torture


A Grand Adventure

Torture

“Ahh…ahh…ahh…ahh…unnnh!!”

Harry fell back onto the pillows of his massive four poster bed and grunted in release. His right hand continued stroking his now flagging erection as the last tremor shook his frame. He lay still for several heartbeats as he struggled to get himself back under control. While he lay there waiting for his breathing to return to normal and to regain a scrap of his composure Harry's mind drifted to how it'd come to pass that he was laying in the spare bedroom of his best friend Hermione Granger wanking off to the image of said best friend in the skimpy pale blue bikini she'd been prancing around in all afternoon.

In the wake of Sirius' death Dumbledore hadn't liked the thought of Harry spending an entire summer in the company of the Dursleys. He'd arranged for Harry to spend only two weeks with his aunt, uncle and cousin before leaving to stay with friends. Harry had naturally thought that meant the Burrow and the Weasleys. So he was quite surprised to find himself at the home of his other best friend Hermione Granger. It seemed that Dumbledore thought Harry would be a bit too vulnerable in the magical world and wanted him to remain in the muggle world until he was due to return to Hogwarts. So instead of going off to Ron's Harry had come to stay with Hermione and her parents. And that was the beginning of nearly a month of torture.

Having been friends with Hermione for nearly six years Harry was certain that he knew all there was to know about Hermione and her life. He knew that her parents, Jonathan and Emma, had met at work; they were both dentists. He knew that she was an only child, that she'd always been on the bookish side and though she was definitely a girl she was most definitely not a big girl's blouse. And he and Ron were her best and closest friends. Though all those things were true there was also an entire list of things that he hadn't known about. There was the fact that the Grangers owned their own practice and were quite well off as was clear by the posh neighborhood they lived in and the in ground pool that was housed in their rather large back garden. Additionally, he'd learned that he and Ron were not the extent of Hermione's close friends; there was also Nora and Camille, childhood friends since the sandbox who were as girly as girly could get.

But the most shaking revelation about his best friend Hermione and her existence away from school was the fact that Hermione for all intents and purposes was a typical teenage girl. Harry had never imagined that Hermione did girly things like wear make-up, go shopping and gossip about boys but his stay at the Grangers was beginning to disavow him of that notion. While Hermione, Nora and Camille did not seem to be as giggly as Lavender and Pavarti; they were unquestionably feminine when they got together. Today had been a perfect example of the rampant femininity of the lot of them.

Since coming to stay at the Grangers nearly a month before hand Harry and Hermione had spent a lot of time lounging by the Grangers pool. It was an uncharacteristically hot summer and both he and Hermione had found it entirely too stifling to remain indoors. So they had taken to spending a significant amount of their free hours splashing about in the pool. As Harry didn't have the proper swimming attire he'd borrowed a pair of swimmers from Hermione's father those first two days until Hermione and her mother had disappeared one evening and returned with several shopping bags; one of which contained four pairs of swimmers. Harry had thought to protest the gift but not wanting to offend the kindness and hospitality of Hermione and her parents he had thought better of it and simply thanked them instead. Hermione of course had swimsuits it being her home and her pool, and during the first two weeks the sight of Hermione in a swimsuit had been much like his reaction to seeing her in any of the other things he'd seen her wearing; nonexistent. Then Nora and Camille had turned up and the weather had grown even more unbearably hot and Harry had come to see Hermione in a whole new light.

With the advent of the hotter weather and her girlfriends Hermione's daily attire changed drastically. The one piece swimsuits Harry had seen Hermione wear for the previous two weeks gave way to a series of two piece ensembles in a variety of colors and styles, each more eye popping than the last. Hermione's new choice in swimwear had shown Harry several things about his best friend that he had been ignorant of in the past. Specifically, Harry had become acquainted with Hermione's shapely legs, firm bum and her pert round breasts. In short Harry found that his best female friend had the sort of body that inspired wildly erotic dreams.

Harry had always thought Hermione was pretty, even if not by conventional standards. And her appearance at the Yule Ball in fourth year had proved that Hermione was indeed quite attractive. But none of his previous conceptions could have prepared Harry for the sight of Hermione in the pale blue bikini she had worn to the pool that day. True the other two piece suits she'd worn had shown off her toned stomach and her soft feminine curves but the blue bikini had left an indelible impression in his mind's eye.

The image of Hermione from earlier in the afternoon rose to the forefront of Harry's mind. The suit had been nearly the exact same shade of pale blue as her robes from the Yule Ball; the top was tied around her neck and her back with a thin bit of string that reminded Harry more of floss than anything else. Hermione's breasts were not overly large but they filled out the cups of her top which quite nicely displayed the graceful rise and swell of her pert breasts. Harry felt his cock twitch involuntarily. He tried to avert his attention to other things but the image presently occupying his thoughts was too enticing to turn away from. His mind drifted to the lower half of the suit which consisted of two v-shaped panels of fabric that covered Hermione's front and back bits, like the top the bottom was likewise held together by bits of the floss-like string that tied on the hips.

The image of Hermione stepping out of the pool, water cascading down her body floated across Harry's brain. Instinctively his hand came up to grasp his quickly hardening member. Harry groaned as his mind recalled the sight of Hermione's hardened nipples straining against the cool damp fabric of her top. A groan slipped past his lips as he began to stroke himself in earnest.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Hermione…Hermione…hello…is anybody in there?”

Hermione was startled out of her wanderings by a tapping at her left temple. Turning her gaze in the direction of the tapping she came face to face with her friends Camille Lautenberg and Nora Derricks. From the teasing grin adorning her face it was obvious that Camille had been the one doing the tapping. Hermione had known Camille and Nora since they were three years old and had met in the sandbox at the local play park. The Grangers had just moved into the neighborhood and Emma had become fast friends with Jacquelyn Lautenberg and Cecily Derricks. Hermione rolled her eyes at Camille's smiling face. Camille's smile widened as she asked.

“So are you going to tell us how you managed to get your parents to let your boyfriend spend the summer with you or not?”

Hermione sighed as she replied.

“As I've said for the hundredth time Harry is not my boyfriend…he's my friend.”

Camille opened her mouth no doubt to impart some sort of cheeky remark but was cut off by Nora.

“Why's he staying?”

Hermione chose her words carefully not wanting to make Harry out as some kind of a curiosity to her friends.

“He is staying because he's had a rough go of it lately and everyone thought it'd be a good idea for him to have a change of environment.”

Camille frowned.

“You make it sound as though he lost his only living relative or something.”

Hermione bit down on her bottom lip at Camille's words. Nora gasped as Camille cried out.

“Oh my God, his last living relative died!”

Hermione hastily shushed both girls.

“Be quiet or Harry'll hear you!”

Seeing the expectant looks on their faces and knowing they'd never let the matter rest until their curiosity was abated Hermione gave Nora and Camille a modified version of Harry's life story. She told them about his being orphaned at a year old and being packed off to live with his less than kind aunt and uncle. She explained that Sirius had been kept from seeing Harry until he'd gone off to school and had recently died himself in a tragic accident. It had been difficult keeping the magical parts of the story out but she managed it well enough. Hermione finished off by admonishing both girls not to go blabbing about what they'd learned. The three girls sat in silence for a few moments before Camille spoke again.

“Sounds like what your Harry needs is something to take his mind off his troubles…”

Hermione nodded in agreement. Camille continued.

“I think the best way to go about it is to give the bloke a good sound shagging…it won't bring his godfather back of course but it's been my experience that a good shag can be quite a good diversion.”

Hermione's mouth narrowed into a thin line and her brow knitted together in consternation as she said.

“Camille don't you dare go offering yourself up to Harry! He may need a diversion but certainly not that kind.”

Camille grinned as she answered back.

“Not that I'd mind the job, your Harry's quite fit, but I prefer to be first chair with a bloke not second.”

Hermione frowned in confusion.

“First chair…”

Nora burst out laughing.

“Hermione don't play daft it's very unbecoming. It's perfectly obvious to anyone that Harry's got eyes for you.”

“What! No he doesn't!”

Camille snorted.

“Oh please, the poor sod can't keep his bloody eyes off you. I swear they almost popped out of his head when you took off that cover up and dove into the pool.”

Nora agreed.

“I'll say…and if the bulge in the front of his swimmers is any indication of how he feels about you he's probably upstairs right now having a right good wank!”

Hermione looked scandalized as she shook her head and said.

“He probably just had too much sun. Harry would never look at me like you two are implying…”

Hermione paused for a second and an image of Cho Chang flitted across her mind. She then looked at her friends before adding.

“I'm not the type of girl that engenders those kinds of reactions from Harry.”

Camille replied saucily.

“Well if you're not his type, your arse certainly is. Your friend had a grand time watching it glide through the water all afternoon!”

Again Hermione shook her head. Harry couldn't have been looking at her that way…could he? Hermione felt herself flush and her body began to become slightly warm at the thought that Harry might have been looking at her with desire. Like every other female at Hogwarts Hermione had always had a bit of a crush on Harry. If she were honest it was a damn sight more than a crush but as he had never shown any in interest in her she'd thought it best to keep her interest in him to herself. But if Nora and Camille's hunch about Harry was right; and they generally were about things such as this, Harry's staying with her for the summer could be just the opportunity she needed to test the waters so to speak. Nora's voice roused Hermione from her private ruminations.

“Hermione I can see that lovely brain of yours turning round some scheme…what are you cooking up?”

Hermione plastered a placid expression across her face and with the most nonchalant tone she could muster said.

“I should be getting inside I promised mum I'd start dinner tonight and she'll be quite put out if the roast isn't nearly done when she gets home.”

Before Nora or Camille could question her further Hermione had them both around the house and out the gate. She rushed inside and hurried up the stairs as quickly as she could. As she went past the guest bedroom she distinctly heard what sounded like moaning. Hermione stopped in her tracks and listened carefully. After a few moments she heard the sound again. Concerned and curious over what the noise could possibly be Hermione gripped the knob and quietly pushed the door open.

A voice in her head told her that she should have knocked or called out to Harry before she entered his room but she chose to ignore the voice. The door opened to reveal Harry lying back on the bed, eyes closed, chest glistening with a light sheen of sweat and his right hand wrapped around his fully erect penis. Hermione's eyes widened in shock as she realized what she'd just walked in on. She knew that she should look away but the sight of Harry pleasuring himself; his hand gliding up and down what had to be the most gorgeously sculpted penis she had ever seen (not that she had seen any others) caused a flare of heat in her body that made her yearn to the one touching him. Another moan erupted from Harry's throat as he tightened his hold on his member and his breathing became ragged and fractured. In the next moment Harry's body jerked and Hermione watched in fascination as a shudder rolled through him and he found his release. In his moment of bliss, eyes still closed, Harry called out in a husky passion filled whisper.

“Hermione!”

At the sound of her name falling from Harry's lips Hermione felt her nipples harden and the telltale moisture of arousal began to pool at her center. As quietly as she had entered Hermione exited the room and closed the door soundlessly behind her. Hermione's pulse raced and her breathing quickened as she realized that Nora and Camille had indeed been right; Harry could…in fact did…see her as desirable. She stood with her back pressed against the door, eyes shut tightly for a few seconds before taking a deep steadying breath and making her way quickly down the hall to her own bedroom.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

-->

3. Friendly Exchanges


A Grand Adventure

Friendly Exchanges

When Jonathan and Emma Granger had purchased the English Country house at 423 Meridian Way they decided to restructure the house to make it more of a reflection of the lifestyle they led. They also wanted to turn the house into a warm and inviting place in which to raise their then three year-old daughter. Thus, the Grangers had conducted a major renovation of the 1920s style home before moving in. One of their major changes was to reorganize the “upstairs-downstairs” hierarchy of space. Jonathan and Emma had the servants' quarters of the house gutted and in its place built a family room and a large eat in kitchen that overlooked the refurbished walled-in garden. Large glass windows and doors flooded the area with light while extending the space onto the outdoor terrace.

Since the moment the family had moved in, that space had been Hermione's favorite. There was an alcove that housed a cushioned window seat that Hermione had clambered up on at the age of three and thirteen years later had not relinquished. She was often found sitting in that window seat with a book or some other employment basking in the warmth of the sun. So no one in the Granger household found it strange to see Hermione curled up with her laptop perched on her knees, eyes frantically crisscrossing the screen as she read.

Masturbation refers to sexual stimulation, especially of one's own genitals (self masturbation) and often to the point of orgasm, which is performed manually, by other types of bodily contact (except for sexual intercourse), by use of objects or tools, or by some combination of these methods. Masturbation is the most common form of autoeroticism, and the two words are often used as synonyms, although masturbation with a partner (mutual masturbation) is also common.

Hermione's cheeks reddened with a flush of heat at the thought of pleasuring herself in Harry's presence while he repeated the scene she'd seen play out the evening before.

Ways of masturbating common to members of both sexes include pressing or rubbing the genital area, either with the fingers or against an object such as a pillow; inserting fingers or an object into the anus (anal masturbation); and stimulating the penis or vulva with electric vibrators, which may also be inserted into the vagina or anus. Members of both sexes may also enjoy touching, rubbing, or pinching the nipples or other erogenous zones while masturbating. Both sexes sometimes apply lubricating substances to intensify sensation.

Reading or viewing pornography, or sexual fantasy, are often common adjuncts to masturbation. Often people will call upon memories during masturbation.

Had that really been what Harry was doing? Had he really been picturing when he'd been in the throes of pleasure? In the moment when he had called out her name had he really been picturing her like that? Hermione pressed her thighs closer together and shook her head to clear it as she refocused her attention on the screen of her laptop.

Men and women may masturbate until they are close to orgasm, stop for a while to reduce excitement, and then resume masturbating. They may repeat this cycle multiple times. Called "edging", this "stop and go" build up can achieve even stronger orgasms. Rarely, people quit stimulation just before orgasm to retain the heightened energy that normally comes down after orgasm. Doing this could lead to temporary discomfort due to pelvic congestion.

Male masturbation techniques are also influenced by a number of factors and personal preferences. Techniques may also differ between circumcised and uncircumcised males, as some techniques which may work for one can often be quite painful for the other.

Hermione vaguely wondered what Harry's preferred technique was. From her little peek the previous day she knew that he was circumcised. Quickly her eyes skimmed down to the next passage.

The most common male masturbation technique is simply to hold the penis with a loose fist and then to move the hand up and down the shaft until orgasm and ejaculation take place. The speed of the hand motion will vary from person to person, although it is not uncommon for the speed to increase as ejaculation nears and for it to decrease during the ejaculation itself. When uncircumcised, stimulation of the penis in this way comes from the "pumping" of the foreskin. This gliding motion of the foreskin reduces friction. When circumcised, there is more direct contact between the hand and the glans, thus a personal lubricant is sometimes used to reduce friction. Sometimes, if too much pressure is applied, it may be rubbed sore for a time.

Hermione was so intently focused on her reading that she didn't notice the side door of the terrace open as Nora and Camille invited themselves inside. The two girls stood behind Hermione reading over her shoulder for several minutes before Nora spoke.

“Not that it doesn't make for interesting reading but why exactly are you reading about masturbation?”

Hermione emitted a squeak as she jumped in her seat. The movement upset the laptop that had been rather precariously balanced on her knees; she just managed to catch it before it crashed to the floor. Once she'd righted herself Hermione turned round to face her friends and in a snippy tone asked.

“Honestly, don't you two knock?”

“No.”

Nora and Camille answered in unison as they took up seats on either side of Hermione. Camille took the laptop from Hermione's hands and flipping it open began reading. Nora reasserted her question from earlier.

“You never said why were you looking up masturbation?”

Before Hermione could answer Camille interjected.

“That isn't all our dear Hermione has been researching. She's also been looking up sexual intercourse and various sexual positions.”

Camille scrolled further down the page and clicked a few items. Suddenly she exclaimed.

“Bloody hell these pictures are animated!”

Nora leaned across Hermione and stared at the computer screen. Her eyes widened as she took in the sight of a 3-D animation that showed a couple on a bed. The woman was lying atop the man, her back to his chest. The man's hand was stroking the woman's clitoris as his penis slid in and out of her vagina. Nora leaned back and looking at Hermione in complete and utter astonishment screeched.

“Hermione Jean Granger…reading up on masturbation…looking at very graphic…very detailed 3-D images of sexual positions…what in the world are you doing?!”

Hermione snatched the laptop from Camille's hands and snapped it shut as she admonished.

“Keep your voice down!”

Nora snapped back.

“Answer my question!”

Instead of Hermione it was Camille who answered.

“Really Nora stop acting like you're her mum. It's obvious enough what she's doing. The question is why she is doing it.”

Camille directed her gaze towards Hermione and asked in her best imitation of a clinician's voice.

“Has something happened that you would like to share with the group?”

Hermione sighed and asked.

“Can we just say I was a bit curious after our conversation yesterday and leave it at that?”

Both girls shook their heads no as Hermione had known they would and proceeded to tell them what had transpired after she'd sent them off home. She was careful to recite the sounds of the episode and not what she had seen. She'd rather Nora and Camille not know that she'd seen Harry masturbating or that seeing him had excited her so that she had run off to her own room and made rather good use of the vibrator Camille had given her as a birthday present at the start of last term. It was completely silent for a full two minutes following Hermione's explanation. When the silence was broken it was Camille, who in the sincerest voice Hermione had ever heard her use asked.

“So all of this research is to get you ready for the big moment?”

It took a moment for Camille's insinuation to sink in. When it did Hermione jumped to her feet and sitting the laptop on the window seat replied.

“Of course not! Do you honestly think that's what I've been doing…planning how to get Harry into bed!”

Camille looked askance at Hermione and Nora before responding.

“Yes actually I did. What other reason could you have for launching a research project on the finer points of masturbation and sexual positions if you weren't going to be using them on the bloke who is sleeping down the hall from you having a wank to the sight of you in a bikini?!”

“Well it certainly wasn't for that!”

Hermione turned and strode out the open terrace door. Camille and Nora quickly followed. Camille called after Hermione.

“Why wouldn't you?!”

Hermione turned to look at Camille as she finished her query.

“Why wouldn't you be with him…it's obvious that's what you want. And from what you've said he wouldn't mind being with you either...”

Hermione interjected.

“It's not as simple as all that. I couldn't just jump into bed with Harry or anyone else for that matter. And the situation is much more complicated than it appears…and I've told you before I'm not the type of girl Harry goes for…”

“Obviously you are considering that he's wanking off and shouting your name!”

Hermione was about to reply when she looked up and saw Harry making his way down the stairs and into the kitchen. She dropped her voice and said.

“Now's not the time to discuss this.”

Nora and Camille turned and looked to see Harry helping himself to a glass of juice. Camille turned back towards Hermione and asked.

“What are you going to do about…”

Camille allowed her words to trail off as she threw her head in the direction of the kitchen where Harry was. Hermione sighed as she replied.

“Nothing.”

“Nothing…what do you mean nothing?”

Nora looked astounded as she questioned Hermione. Hermione paid no attention as she firmly replied.

“Nothing…nothing at all. I've got to go.”

That said Hermione turned and headed back inside the house. Before stepping inside Hermione took a deep steadying breath and composed her face into what she hoped was a normal expression. Hitching a smile on her face Hermione stepped back inside. There sitting in the window seat was Harry. Perched on his lap was Hermione's laptop computer; a peculiar expression covered Harry's face as he sat staring at the screen. Curious as to what he was looking at Hermione asked.

“What are you reading up on?”

Harry looked up and a clearly embarrassed flush crept up his cheeks as he spoke.

“I was just about to ask you the same question.”

Hermione stared at Harry, just as she was about to ask him what he meant Harry turned the laptop around so that she could see what he'd been looking at. Hermione's eyes widened in horror as her gaze fell upon the 3-D image of a woman lying atop a man, as his hand stroked the woman's clitoris while his penis pumped in and out of her vagina. Hermione remembered snatching the computer from Camille and closing it. She thought she had turned it off but clearly she hadn't. And Harry had found it. Merlin what he must think of her, hastily she attempted to explain.

“Harry…I…it's not what…I was just…Nora and Camille…oh bloody hell!”

Hermione gave up her miserable attempt at an explanation and dropped down on the window seat beside Harry burying her face in her hands. Her words were muffled when she next spoke.

“You must think me horribly perverted.”

Harry shook his head.

“I live for most of the year in a room with Seamus, Dean and Ron, believe me you haven't seen perverted.”

Harry paused before continuing.

“Not to say that it isn't a bit shocking that you have an…er…umm…ahh…interest in such things…”

Hermione looked up at Harry as she cut in.

“And why shouldn't I have an interest in things of a sexual nature?”

“Not that you shouldn't have an interest…I just never imagined that I'd be witness to your interest in the matter.”

Hermione nodded and the room grew quiet around them. They sat in silence for several minutes both lost in their own thoughts. The silence was broken when Harry asked a question.

“Why exactly were you looking at…at…at that?”

Hermione looked over at Harry an odd expression covering her face. For a moment Harry was sure he'd overstepped the bounds of their friendship. He was about to apologize when Hermione answered him.

“Curious I suppose.”

Harry nodded mutely. It was Hermione's turn to pose a question.

“Are you ever curious about it?”

Harry nodded again as he muttered his reply.

“Yea.”

As the single word left his mouth Hermione noticed that Harry's voice had taken on that husky tone it had held the previous afternoon when he had called out her name. What happened next was a blur and for the rest of her life Hermione was never exactly sure of what had happened. One moment they were staring intently at one another and the next they were in each other's arms mouths fused kissing each other madly. They drew apart breathlessly. Harry opened his mouth to say something but as he was lost for words he clamped his mouth shut. Without uttering a word Hermione stood to her feet and extended her hand; Harry rose from his seat in the window seat and slipped his hand into Hermione's. Hermione turned and lead Harry across the room and up the stairs.

-->

4. Reciprocity


A Grand Adventure

Reciprocity

Hermione led Harry up the back stairs to the second floor. When they reached the landing she turned left and proceeded down the hall to her bedroom. As she opened the door and stepped inside she felt a resistant tug on her hand. Hermione turned around and found herself staring at Harry's unmoving form standing on the threshold of her bedroom door. She stepped away from Harry and took two steps backward to allow some distance between them. Though she'd stepped away Hermione's grasp on Harry's hand never relinquished its hold. As she stared into the depths of those querying emerald green eyes of his Hermione pulled Harry inside her bedroom. They stood there for several long minutes staring at each other, getting their bearings before Harry spoke.

“Hermione what's going on? What are we doing up here in your bedroom?”

Hermione interrupted Harry before he could say anything further.

“I want to show you something.”

Harry's eyes darted around the room in confusion as he asked.

“Show me what?”

Hermione took a deep breath as she began to speak.

“Downstairs you asked me why I was looking at…re…looking at sexual things and I told you I was curious.”

Hermione paused as Harry nodded and waited for her to continue. Taking another deep breath Hermione elaborated.

“I want you to understand why I was suddenly so curious…”

Harry frowned in complete and utter confusion. Before he had a chance to voice his confusion Hermione slipped into a rather one-sided homily.

“It all started yesterday after you came inside from the pool. I was worried you'd had too much sun but Nora and Camille reckoned you had an altogether different problem having just seen me in my bikini. I told them they were mad but they were adamant about the whole thing and we got into a bit of a discussion about whether or not you'd really been looking at me…I told them they had things all wrong but they were just so certain of themselves…and they usually are right when it comes to things to do with boys. They were right about Viktor last year…but I thought it was too much to hope that they could be right about you as well. Still I figured that I should maybe figure out some way to see if they were right and you did…maybe…see me that way…”

As Hermione rambled on at roughly twenty words per second, Harry attempted to focus and get his brain round the words that were actually coming out of her mouth instead of focusing so intently on her lips which he desperately wanted to feel against his a second time. Harry was snatched from his own thoughts back to the words Hermione was speaking when he caught the phrase “moaning coming from your room”. His attention instantly devoted itself to Hermione.

“I know I should have knocked or called out to you before just barging in on you but I was worried that you weren't feeling well or that you were having a nightmare…and I wanted to help so I just acted and I opened the door and…”

Harry shut his eyes a split second before the words he knew were coming spilled from Hermione's lips.

“And I saw you…saw you…in the middle of a very private moment…”

Harry suddenly wished that the earth would open up and suck him down into the depths of its heart and keep him there. Hermione had seen him wanking off! She'd seen him…how long had she stayed? Had she heard him call her name? And what did any of this have to do with her looking up sexually explicit sites on the internet and kissing him like there'd be no tomorrow? Harry was roused from his swirling thoughts by the sound of Hermione tentatively calling his name.

“Harry…”

It was clear from the tone of her voice that Hermione had asked him a question that he hadn't heard. Harry looked at her and he could see from her expression that she was waiting for an answer. Not knowing what to say Harry simply stood there saying nothing. Hermione shyly repeated her question.

“Harry…would you like to see?”

Taking a minute to process her words Harry remembered that Hermione had wanted to show him something. Nodding his head he answered.

“Yeah. Sure.”

Hermione took a deep steadying breath before crisscrossing her arms and grasping the bottom of her t-shirt. Harry's eyes widened and rounded in their sockets as his brain communicated the fact that Hermione was taking off her top. Just as his brain processed that bit of information, Harry saw her arms flutter down to her sides; her hands moved to the front of her khaki shorts and deftly popped the button and slid the zipper down. She then hooked her fingers in the waistband and pushed the shorts down those shapely legs of hers that had become such a distraction of late. Harry couldn't believe his eyes. Hermione was standing there in the middle of her bedroom in nothing but a pale violet bra with a plunging front and matching pair of tiny little knickers. Though the ensemble reminded him strongly of the swimsuit she'd worn the day before something about her present attire was far more revealing than any of her swimwear had been. Harry swallowed convulsively. Just as he was about to ask Hermione why she'd stripped down to her underwear, she stepped around him and closed her bedroom door. Coming back around to stand before him she blushed as she said.

“This is all horribly awkward enough without my giving the entire neighborhood a reciprocal peep show.”

Harry's eyebrows rose as he repeated Hermione's last three words in the form of a question.

“Reciprocal peep show?”

Hermione didn't respond verbally to Harry's question. She simply grasped his hand and guided him over to sit upon the hope chest at the foot of her bed. She then walked around to the side of the bed; reaching around her back she released the clasp on her bra and slid it down her arms. Next she hooked her thumbs into the elastic waistband of her knickers and slipped them down her legs before climbing up onto the bed. Hermione lay back baring her naked form to Harry's unbelieving eyes.

Harry was certain that he had died and gone to a heaven he had never conceived of even in his wildest dreams. He watched as Hermione's hands slowly began to caress her body, gliding along the expanses of smooth silky skin and soft curves. Her hands then went to her breasts cupping, massaging and squeezing the erect bronzed nipples between her fingertips. Harry's mouth went dry as he wondered at the taste and feel of plump buds. Slowly Hermione's right hand slid from her breast and began a downward descent. At the same time she raised her knees and placed her feet firmly on the bed. Her legs fell open revealing her fully to him; as her hand slipped down towards her center and her fingers slipped into the glistening folds Harry wanted to be that hand.

He watched in awed fascination as Hermione's fingers slipped down and over her clit before driving in then out of her slick passage. Harry heard a whimpering hum of pleasure escape Hermione's lips as she began to lose herself to the feel of her own ministrations. Her head dropped back onto the pillows and her eyes drifted shut. Her breathing came in stuttered gasps as she rocked her hips up to meet the downward push of her probing fingers. As the pace of her actions increased Hermione's moans and whimpers became more pronounced. Harry's own breathing became more ragged as he watched Hermione spread before him. His hands itched to know if her skin was as smooth as he imagined it to be. Were her breasts as soft and full as they looked? While he pondered an infinite number of questions about the arousing young woman before him Harry was shocked out of his internal contemplations by the sound of Hermione breathlessly moaning.

“Mmhmm!”

The protracted utterance of that single syllable falling from Hermione's lips at that instant, stirred something primal inside of Harry. Without thinking of the consequences of his actions Harry raised himself from his seat on the hope chest and taking off his glasses and t-shirt made his way towards Hermione. Crawling up the bed he placed his palms on each of Hermione's thighs forcing them slightly further apart. Startled by the feel of his hands on her bare flesh Hermione's eyes flew open; her hand stopping its ministrations. Harry leaned forward and turning his head to the left began placing a line of soft kisses to Hermione's inner thigh.

Hermione trembled as Harry's lips skimmed up the inside of her thigh. As he neared her center Hermione's breathe quickened, suddenly a jolt of searing white heat rocked Hermione's body as Harry's tongue slowly swept across the surface of her vagina, seemingly savoring the taste of her on his tongue. Gently he flicked her clit with his tongue before taking the hardened nub into his mouth and sucking voraciously. Hermione moaned and bucked her hips. Encouraged by her actions Harry buried two fingers inside Hermione's pussy, as he continued to suck her. He curled those fingers up towards his tongue, capturing her clit and G-spot between his mouth and fingers. Hermione convulsed above him as wave after wave of unmigitated pleasure rocketed through her body. Hermione wound her fingers in Harry's head and pressed him closer to her as she came with a trembling cry of his name. Harry continued to gently kiss and lick hermione until the most violent of her tremors stopped. He then kissed his way up her prone frame allowing his hands and mouth the chance to answers their questions about the softness of her skin.

Once they were eye level once again Harry leaned in and kissed her softly. Hermione was slightly taken aback by the taste of her own essence but the warm comfortable feel of Harry pressed against her drove all coherent thought from her mind. As they drew apart Harry squinted down at her and whispered emphatically.

“You are bloody amazing!”

Hermione flushed hotly as she rejoined with.

“You're the amazing one…”

Hermione paused and blushed an even deeper shade of red as she added.

“I didn't imagine you could…experience all that from oral stimulation alone!”

Harry grinned crookedly and replied.

“You aren't the only one who does research out of curoisity.”

Hermione smiled shyly at that. They lapsed into silence momentarily. Harry took the opportunity to steal another kiss. What began as a slow and gentle exploration of mouths soon turned into a rather passionate affair that had Harry's partially clothed form laying atop Hermione's completely nude body. As the kiss intensified and Harry pressed himself more firmly against Hermione she came to know how truly aroused he was. Breaking the kiss Hermione said.

“It would appear that you have a bit of a situation.”

Harry's eyebrows knitted together in confusion for an instant before Hermione ever so slightly brushed her hips against his rock hard cock. Harry's eyes fluttered shut and a hiss escaped him at the slight contact. Hermione watched the expression that crossed his face and placing her palms flat against his chest and rolled him over onto his back. Shocked by the action Harry asked?

“Hermione what are you doing?”

“This was all about reciprosity remember.”

Harry attempted to sort out what Hermione meant about reciprosity but lost the ability to think entirely when Hermione grasped the waistband of his dark blue swimmers and dragged them down his hips and legs. Harry's fully erect penis jutted into the air. Harry watched in blissfully anticipation as Hermione stared at his manhood admiringly for a moment or two before leaning down and starting at the base of his dick licked all the way from the bottom to the top without stopping, while making a swirling motion as she worked her way to the top. Harry groaned. When she reached the head Hermione flicked it with her tongue much the same way Harry had done her clit earlier, she then placed her mouth over the top of his manhood, covering the head completely and slipped into a vigorous up and down sucking motion, while swirling her tongue for added effect. Harry's breathe came in ragged gasps as Hermione gripped his cock around the base and slide it up and down, hand-job style, in tandem with her mouth. Harry gripped the edges of the bed and ground out Hermione's name as she expertly brought him to release.

-->

5. Perverts and Arses


A Grand Adventure

Perverts and Arses

Harry lay as still as stone. He had been lying that way for very nearly ten minutes. He was reliving the last forty-five minutes; that was roughly the amount of time it'd been since he had found Hermione's laptop downstairs in the Grangers kitchen and this whole dream of his had began. That was also why Harry was lying so motionless. He was certain that the entire episode had been a dream. How else could he account for what had just gone on? Only in a dream would his best friend Hermione, whom he'd been lusting after for the past few weeks, admit to being curious about sex, kiss him, drag him off to watch her in the midst of her own self gratification, allow him to take part orally and then reciprocate by giving him the best blow job in the history of all blow jobs. It was quite obviously a dream and Harry intended to keep as still as possible for as long as he could in order to hold on to the tremor inducing memories.

Hermione stared at Harry in mystification. She wasn't quite sure what to say or do having done what she'd done. She had been perfectly truthful when she'd told Nora and Camille that she had no intentions of either telling Harry about her feelings for him or hopping into bed with him. But then she had found him viewing her rather depraved internet search and she was certain he thought her the worst kind of pervert but he hadn't thought that at all. He'd simply been shocked when he found the evidence of her apparent interest. Harry's voicing of that particular fact was the catalyst that had landed her in her present state. Harry's shock at her research had led to a brief conversation about sex and curiosity which had led to a near heart stopping kiss, and a very heated sexual encounter that had ostensibly left Harry in a coma like state. Hermione folded her bottom lip in between her teeth in exasperation. The sharp, musky taste of Harry was still discernible on her lips. Images of the last half hour or so rocketed through Hermione's mind and she felt a pang of crushing disappoint over the fact that the encounter had ended before she and Harry had fully consummated things. As that thought settled in her brain and Hermione realized the implications of her thoughts she gave a surprised cry and sat bolt upright in bed.

Hermione's cry of surprise and her sudden movement jostled Harry from his trance. His eyes flew open and he immediately noticed that he was not in the Grangers guest bedroom but in Hermione's. Harry's gaze swept to his left and there sitting on the edge of the bed was a much disheveled, very nude, unbelievably sexy Hermione. As Harry took in the soft contours of her bare form he realized that he hadn't been dreaming. Suddenly a compulsion to feel her soft silken skin beneath his finger tips compelled Harry to close the distance between them. Harry leaned forward and dropped a kiss to her shoulder as he simultaneously drew his hand down her arm in a light caress. Hermione gasped and whirled around to stare at Harry. Harry grinned sheepishly as he apologized.

“Sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you.”

Hermione opened and closed her mouth twice as she struggled to force a coherent set of words past her lips. When nothing was forthcoming she merely gave two quick nods of her head before dropping her gaze to the duvet that covered her bed. Quickly she drew her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. All of a sudden she was acutely aware of her state of undress. And though Harry had seen and touched far more of her than what was presently being displayed Hermione found it highly disconcerting that Harry was seeing her naked as the day she was born.

Seeing the look of embarrassment that crossed her face as she dropped her head Harry surmised that Hermione wasn't exactly comfortable. Spying his clothes lying on the hope chest at the foot of Hermione's bed Harry retrieved his t-shirt and swimmers. He stepped into his swimmers then handed the t-shirt to Hermione with a muttered.

“Here… I'll give you some privacy.”

Hermione raised her head and took the soft faded blue cotton shirt from Harry's hand. As she did so he turned around towards the door. Seeing him standing there Hermione regained her ability to speak.

“Wait…don't leave!”

Harry turned his head slightly to the side and answered back by saying.

“I wasn't leaving…I just thought you'd appreciate my not ogling.”

Hermione blushed at Harry's words and quickly shoved her head and arms through the shirt's corresponding holes. When she was done she called out.

“You can turn around now.”

Harry turned and stared at Hermione sitting on the bed in his ratty old t-shirt knowing save for that one article of clothing she was completely naked and found himself in quite the conundrum. Now that he and Hermione had been intimate, what was next? Hermione blushed crimson under Harry's intense study of her and dropping her head into her heads moaned.

“Oh, what you must think of me! I've gone from being a horribly perverted viewer of inappropriate internet content to being some sort of sex crazed molester of unsuspecting teenage boys!”

Harry's eyes widened in shock at Hermione's words; he opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by Hermione.

“You have to know Harry I didn't plan this…I wasn't trying to trick you into anything…I was not trying to intentionally seduce you…I just…I…I don't want you to think…to feel like…you…you owe me anything at all. I know I'm not the kind of girl you fancy…and I'm so sorry that you…that I've put you in this awful position and if you never want to look at me again I'll…Mmhmm!”

Hermione's rambling apology was effectively ended by Harry dragging her into his arms and kissing her. The kiss began as a gentle but firm sculpting of his lips to Hermione's. When he felt her lips soften under his attention Harry opened his lips slowly and sandwiched Hermione's lower lip between his. As their lips locked and re-locked, Harry sought permission to deepen the kiss by lightly brushing his tongue against Hermione's lips. Hermione yielded to his request; opening her mouth and allowing her tongue to connect with his. Tongues intertwining passionately, hot hands roving over even hotter bare skin, they kissed until Hermione was dizzy and breathless. As she tore her mouth away from Harry's Hermione realized that they had somehow ended up on her bed again with Harry lying half on half off her. Hermione opened her mouth to ask a question but was shushed by Harry's fingers against her thoroughly kissed lips.

“I know you didn't set out to intentionally trick or seduce me. I know that this wasn't some scheme of yours. I know that this wasn't planned…things sort of just spiraled out of control but I honest to Merlin wouldn't have minded if it was some grand scheme of yours seeing as it was unquestionably the best experience of my life!”

Hermione flushed at Harry's saying how much he'd enjoyed their afternoon activities. Staring up into his eyes she quietly asked.

“So you're not upset with me…you don't think I'm some sort of tart who…”

Hermione's words were cut off by Harry's bark of laughter.

“Ha…Hermione, I'm not upset with you. And I don't think of you as a tart, pervert or molester of any sort…”

Harry paused a second and then as if he'd just remembered something and added.

“I think you're smart, and wonderful and caring and amazingly sexy…you know the kind of girl a bloke like me really fan…mmmm.”

This time it was Harry who was interrupted by Hermione's kiss.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was a hot and muggy Thursday evening that found one Dr. Jonathan M. Granger, DDS in a rather odd mood as he and his wife, Dr. Emma J. Granger, DDS made their way home after work. Tomorrow was Friday, which meant that the following day would be Saturday. With it being the third week of the month that coming Saturday was the usual Saturday that Jonathan took for himself and spent the day at his club playing golf, watching football and swapping stories with his male cohorts. The regular outing had been going on for the past few years now, since Hermione had gone off to Hogwarts and his weekends hadn't required him to set aside time to spend exclusively with his wife and daughter. In the past the routine had been altered should Hermione be home from school so that the family could have some quality time together. But Hermione's visits had become so seldom over the years that such a thing was hardly ever necessary now.

Hermione had always claimed that her staying at Hogwarts during breaks and her extended summer visits with the Weasleys during summer hols was to keep up with her studies. She'd given he and Emma the impression that her courses and classmates were extraordinarily competitive and that her time in the muggle world put her at somewhat of a disadvantage; not being in a magical environment meant not having access to the right study materials apparently. Though they hadn't liked their only child being away from them so much of the time he and Em had agreed to her wishes, although reluctantly. The idea of Hermione falling behind in her studies was unacceptable. Both he and Emma had always been proud of Hermione's intelligence and were quite pleased with her outstanding marks and her having been made a prefect the previous year. And While Jonathan had had his reservations about his only child, his precious little girl, spending so much time away from home in the company of virtual strangers whose household was rather over populated by teenage boys, it was not in his nature to deny his daughter anything no matter how much he disliked the request. Emma was very much the same. It was truly a mystery why Hermione had never been a spoilt willful shrew considering the fact that they'd never been able to resist doting on their precious only child.

So it was that Jonathan had allowed his daughter the freedom to spend most of her time with her wizard friends acclimating herself to the new magical world to which she belonged as she studied and had fun with her new, very male friends. Jonathan had always trusted his daughter implicitly. She was always very forthcoming in her letters and her face to face discussions about what transpired each year at Hogwarts. She was even honest about the less than appealing aspects; Jonathan and Emma were aware that Hermione, Ron and Harry often found themselves in the most dreadfully precarious situations. They were also aware of the rather large magnet for trouble that Harry seemed to be. Still Hermione had insisted that it was imperative that she be in the wizarding world as much as possible if she were to be able to stay on top of her studies and things. And he and Emma had acquiesced. However; it now seemed that Hermione's predilection for the hallowed halls of Hogwarts and the warmth of the Weasleys' home had less to do with keeping up with her studies and keeping abreast of the wizarding world and everything to do with studying and keeping abreast of a certain green-eyed, dark haired, alleged best friend of hers.

Jonathan snorted somewhat contemptuously and scowled, his hands tightening their grip on the steering wheel slightly. Emma Granger looked up and taking note of the scowl marring her husband's countenance asked a question that she in all honesty thought she already knew the answer to.

“Is something wrong dear?”

Jonathan answered his wife's query with one of his own.

“Do you think Harry would like to join me at the club on Saturday?”

Emma was stunned, of all the things she had expected her husband to say that hadn't been anywhere on the list. Eyeing Jonathan suspiciously she said.

“I didn't know you were planning on asking Harry to go with you to the club.”

Jonathan shrugged.

“It wasn't a plan so much as an idea. I just thought that since he doesn't really have much of a male figure in his life it'd be nice for him to spend some time with the blokes. I mean really, he must be suffering from estrogen overload by now, what with his spending all day every day with Hermione, Nora and Camille.”

Emma smiled as she nodded her head in understanding. If they hadn't have been married for twenty-five years she might have bought into the load of rubbish her husband had just spewed. She smiled sweetly as she replied.

“It's very thoughtful of you dear and I'm certain Harry would appreciate your wanting to um…bond with him as it were, but I seem to recall Hermione mentioning something about she and Harry heading down to Bournemouth Beach on Saturday with Nora, Camille, Ian, Rowan and a few of their other friends from school.”

Upon hearing that Jonathan's scowl returned as he ground out.

“Bournemouth Beach, what in bloody blazes are they going there for?”

Emma smirked devilishly as she said.

“To swim I would imagine.”

“To swim…why do they need to go to a sodding beach to swim when we've got a perfectly good pool in the back garden. I mean really that's all they've been doing all day every day all summer long, lounging by the pool and swimming…you'd think they'd be a touch sick of water by now!”

Emma's smile deepened as she retorted.

“There's more to do at Bournemouth than just swimming.”

Jonathan replied back grumpily.

“Really, like what.”

“Well for a start there's the Bournemouth Aquarium and Boscombe Pier, the Kings Park amusement park, oh and the Russell -Cotes Art Gallery & Museum, they've got some very fine new exhibits. And then there's the annual air festival; though I think it's a bit early for that, the Dorset Belles cruises. Oh, and Jacquelyn tells me they've got loads of shopping and restaurants for those who've got the interest and the appetite. And then there is the matter of the seven miles of golden pristine sandy beaches and the miles and miles of clear blue ocean to frolic around in.”

Jonathan's scowled deepened as he muttered in disdain.

“Giving up dentistry to write tourists adverts for Bournemouth Beach are we.”

Emma chuckled quietly to herself before she spoke again.

“Honestly Jon is there a reason you're being an arse?”

Jonathan Granger's eyes widened at his wife's use of profanity.

“Really Emma was that necessary?”

Emma nodded affirmatively. Jonathan's eyes grew even larger.

“Emma! How could you...”

With a shake of her head Emma interjected.

“Jon you're being a git. You're getting yourself all wound up over nothing.”

“Nothing…you call our daughter having the bloke she fancies over for the summer nothing!”

Again Emma nodded. Jonathan stared at his wife an incredulous expression marring his face.

“You mean to tell me that you knew all along that Hermione fancied Harry! Emma you lied to me…you let me think that there was some other boy that Poppet had her eye on when you knew it was Harry all along! Why would you do something like that?!”

Emma's reply was straight to the point.

“Because I knew you'd react like this.”

She paused and cast a stern glare at her husband before continuing.

“You're so protective of Hermione…you have what's tantamount to an apoplectic fit anytime she so much as mentions a boy! And I knew that if you even had the slightest idea that Hermione was remotely interested in Harry you'd have done your nut and made the poor boy feel horrible about staying with us which is the last thing he needs given the circumstances.”

Jonathan answered back in a sulky tone.

“Well I'm her father and that's what fathers do…that's what parents do…we protect our children!”

“Yes we do Jon, but Hermione is not a child anymore…and considering her special talents I'm positive she can take care of herself a damn sight better than we'd like to admit.”

Jonathan grunted in agreement. Emma smiled at his begrudging concurrence.

“I know it's difficult, I still look at her and see that shy little girl with too big front teeth and a mass of bushy brown curls who needed my hand to hold on to. But she's not that little girl anymore. Quite the contrary, she a very strong young woman who is quite capable of making her own choices…”

Emma paused and watched as her husband sighed in what was clearly a cross between acceptance and defeat. Smiling as she patted his thigh reassuringly she went on.

“And truth be told as choices go you have to admit that Harry is the sort of boy a parent wishes for…thoughtful, kind and caring and very respectful…”

Jonathan interposed on his wife's words as he turned down their street.

“Ahh…its serious then?”

Emma nodded.

“I believe it is.”

Jonathan nodded and was silent for a few seconds before he said.

“So what now? Am I supposed to just sit back and watch as nature takes its course? Do I have a word with her about relationships and things or do you do that? Do I get to have a word with him? Do I say anything at all?

Emma replied evenly.

“Trust her…don't overreact…no hovering or scowling at poor Harry…you may offer advice if its asked for and most importantly, you…trust…her!”

They were in the drive as Jonathan muttered.

“It's not Hermione that I don't trust.”

Emma laid a hand across her chest, giggling as the car pulled smoothly into the garage.

“Honestly Jonathan what are you expecting…that we'll walk in the house and find Hermione and Harry upstairs in her bedroom in some mad passionate embrace!”

Jonathan's scowl returned as her stared at his wife and said.

“Christ Emma, is it really necessary to give me mental pictures!”

Emma burst into hysterical laughter that didn't stop until they had exited the car and entered the house. She seemed to have calmed herself sufficiently until they stepped into the eat in kitchen and found Harry and Hermione sitting rather closely together at the table eating take away Chinese and curry. Emma took one look at the scene and began to laugh hysterically. Hermione and Harry looked back and forth between each other and her parents several times before Hermione asked.

“Mum, what's so funny?”

Emma took several deep calming breaths and wiped at the tears that were streaming down her face before she was composed enough to speak.

“Oh dear…you know how very droll your father can be when he takes a mind to…he made the most outlandish remark in the garage just now and…well I suppose you would have had to be there.”

Hermione nodded suddenly comprehending that whatever it was that her mother was on about she didn't want to know. Looking back up at her parents she said.

“We ordered take away…crispy duck and curry…sorry we didn't wait but we were a bit famished!”

Moving towards the table to join them Emma asked.

“Really what did you two get up to that caused you to be so hungry?”

Hermione shrugged and dropping her head back to her plate mumbled.

“Nothing special just lost track of time so we missed lunch.”

The rest of dinner was a silent affair as the Grangers and their houseguest ate. Harry volunteered to do the dishes and though Emma tried to persuade him otherwise he wouldn't take no for an answer. Once the dishes were done the duo came in and said they were turning in early. When pressed as to why they were turning in so early they both muttered excuses about it having been a long day. Though Emma seemed perfectly at ease with their answers Jonathan was not so sure. His suspicions were intensified when Hermione came downstairs from her bath to kiss them goodnight wearing a slightly oversized, faded blue cotton t-shirt that he could have sworn belonged to Harry.

-->

6. To Be Or Not To Be


A Grand Adventure

To Be or Not to Be

Harry was in absolute heaven! A certain brown-eyed witch who happened to be in possession of a wonderfully wicked tongue was at that very moment doing the most amazing thing to his painfully hard manhood. It seemed that the brainy beauty had found a new pastime to use that gorgeous mouth of hers for other than answering questions no one else cared to know the answers to and telling both he and Ron off for being cheeky gits. Harry suddenly lost the ability to form a coherent thought as he felt Hermione's tongue feathering alone the thickened, pulsing veins of his cock before taking him inside her mouth completely…

“Harry…Harry…Harry wake up!”

Harry was jolted from his illicit nighttime musings by a forceful shake of his shoulders. He opened his eyes and found himself staring at a much tamer version of the Hermione from his dreams. She was as attractive as she ever was but that oh so lovely mouth of hers wasn't wrapped around his stiff member neither was she naked and primed for the taking, but all of that could be rectified rather easily. Glancing around the fairly darkened room Harry made out that the door to his room was firmly shut and the clock at his bedside read 6:00 am. Putting his seeker's abilities to use Harry reached up with both hands; slipping one about her waist and snaking the other up her back and cupping her head in his hand Harry drew Hermione's mouth to his in a lush tongue tangling kiss. Hermione surrendered to the kiss without much hesitation. She enthusiastically fell into Harry's embrace, matching his fervent attentions with her own.

When the need to breathe forced their mouths apart Harry dropped his lips to Hermione's neck and peppered the column of throat with kisses. Hermione stifled a moan as she straddled Harry's lap and buried her fingers in his thick ebony locks. Feeling the rumbling purr of her moan from where he was nuzzling her neck Harry lowered the hand that had been grasping her head to her shoulder and catching the thin strap of the camisole she was wearing drug the strap down her arm as he simultaneously dropped his head and sucked her rigid nipple into his mouth. Hermione gasped and rocked forward as a flash of heat rocked through her body. She could feel the heat and hardness of Harry's erection beneath her, a whimpering moan floated up from her lips. Harry increased the pressure of his mouth at her breast; grazing it with his teeth then soothing over the raised flesh with licks and swirls of his tongue. Hermione tamped down a groan as Harry moved his attentions from one breast to the other. Her clit pulsed and she felt the damp heat of her arousal between her legs; at that moment she longed for nothing more than to have Harry inside her but they were supposed to be joining Nora and Camille on a trip to Bournemouth Beach and her parents were just down the end of hall sleeping. Gathering the will from the knowledge that her mother or father could come in at any moment (they were both relatively light sleepers) Hermione grasped Harry's shoulders and pushing him backwards panted out in a desperate whisper.

“Ha…Ha…Harry…pl…please…st…st…stop!”

Raising his head and staring at her, Hermione took in Harry's appearance. There he sat looking at her through lust clouded eyes, hair more tousled than usual, lips damp and slightly swollen from their heated kisses, bare-chested and granite hard beneath her thighs, he looked sexier than anyone ought be allowed to. Hermione quickly scrambled out of Harry's embrace before she changed her mind and let him have his way with her right then and there. Backing away she readjusted her top, covering her exposed breasts. Harry ran a hand through his hair and sheepishly muttered.

“Sorry…”

Hermione interjected in a tremulous voice.

“Its alright…I startled you.”

Harry chuckled wryly.

“I've been startled awake loads of times and it's never produced that sort of a reaction before.”

Hermione smiled.

“Really…never?”

Though her tone was heavily laden with sarcasm Harry frowned as he vehemently replied.

“No, thankfully, that's the first time I've ever been startled awake and kissed the person doing the waking!”

Harry quietly added.

“It was the dream.”

“Dream?”

Harry smiled slyly.

“I was having the most pleasant dream before I was so abruptly woken up.”

Ever curious Hermione asked.

“What exactly were you dreaming about?”

Harry's voice dropped to a soft rasping timbre as he crooked his finger and said

“Come back over here and I'll finish showing you.”

Hermione smiled as she shook her head.

“Your demonstration will have to keep until later right now we have to get ready, Nora and Camille will be here soon. And we really shouldn't keep them waiting as it's a bit of a drive to Bournemouth.”

Harry sighed.

“Right I forgot I've got to share you today.”

Hermione smiled again and whipping around headed for the door. She stopped when Harry called out to her.

“Hermione…”

Hermione paused at the door and looked back at Harry.

“Seeing as I've got to share you think you could do me a favor and not wear that blue bikini of yours.”

Hermione blushed as she muttered “Right” and bolted out the door. Harry sat there on the bed for a few minutes more thinking of every non arousing thing he could before giving up, gathering his things and trudging down the hall to take a very cold shower.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Two and a half hours later Harry found himself crammed in a van alongside Hermione, Camille, Nora and her older brother Rowan, his mate Ian and five other school friends of theirs; Lauren, Angela, Michael, Callum and Liam. It was apparent to anyone with eyes that Angela and Michael were a couple; they were seated at the very back of the van wound so tightly around each other that Harry wondered how they were managing to breathe. Callum and Liam were a pair of pranksters that reminded Harry vaguely of Fred and George. Liam seemed to be partial to Nora though she didn't appear to notice him at all. Harry suspected that Camille and Ian were involved in some way. They kept casting each other intense covert glances across the seat. Lauren was oddly quiet and seemed to be sulking over something. Harry wondered if she and Hermione had had some sort of falling out as he'd noticed her tossing more than one irritated glare in Hermione's direction. Hermione was chatting with Rowan; actually they had been talking since the moment he and Hermione had climbed into the van. Harry was startled from his itinerant thoughts by the sound of Rowan speaking to him.

“So Harry, what kind of whiz kid are you?”

Harry furrowed his brow as he responded to Rowan's inquiry.

“What do you mean whiz kid?”

Rowan clarified himself.

“Well you and Hermione are schoolmates and seeing as how she's off at that school for geniuses I was just curious as to what kind of genius you are.”

Hermione had told Harry that none of her muggle friends and acquaintances knew that she was a witch. As clever as Hermione was it made sense that anyone who knew her would assume her going off to a special school meant she was heading off to a place for the exceptionally clever. Harry glanced at Hermione for a second then answered Rowan.

“I'm nowhere near being a genius…”

Hermione interposed.

“Don't listen to him, Harry's very clever.”

Harry laughed.

“Nowhere near as clever as you are…Hermione's best in our year, has been since we first started.”

Rowan smiled broadly as he said.

“That's our girl, eh.”

Lauren interjected in a spiteful tone.

“Yes that's exactly like Hermione, even in a school full of weirdoes she's the weirdest one there.”

Harry and Camille both turned around to glare at Lauren. Camille looked as though she was about to say something in retaliation when the van slowed and Callum exclaimed.

“Bout bloody time we got here…I swear that drive gets longer every time!”

Everyone grabbed their belongings, tumbled out of the van and headed for a day of fun in the sun. The eleven friends and acquaintances found a spot on the beach and unloaded their things before running off for the first swim of the day. The hours passed by swiftly with the group going from one activity to the other; they tossed about a Frisbee, played a game of beach volleyball and built a rather lopsided structure that they attempted to pass off as a sandcastle. Harry had for the most part enjoyed himself. It had been nice to get out and do something as ordinary as hanging out at the beach like a normal teenager laughing and goofing around but several things had become clear to him over the course of the day. Harry was sure that he had finally found the reason for Lauren's rather sour disposition; Lauren fancied Rowan. But Rowan took no more notice of Lauren and her attentions than his sister took of Liam and his advances. Not that Harry blamed Rowan for ignoring Lauren her personality strongly reminded him of Pansy Parkinson. What Harry did have a problem with was where Rowan was focusing his attentions. For the whole of the day Rowan had been paying extra attention to Hermione, a fact that annoyed Lauren to no end. Harry was none too pleased about that detail either.

Presently Harry was sitting watching Rowan paw Hermione under the guise of giving her surfing lessons. Harry snorted as he watched Hermione slip off of Rowan's surfboard for the umpteenth time. Rowan deftly caught her about the waist and hauled her up against his chest. Seeing them together it was hard not to notice that they looked like the young couples in those ruddy television adverts that ran perpetually during the summer months enticing people to venture to various locales for fun and sun. Looking at the black bikini that Hermione had chosen to wear made Harry wish he'd requested that she wear one of her less revealing one pieces or jeans and a jumper. Merlin knew it would have given Rowan far less to ogle and grab at. Harry was distracted from his train of thought by the sound of Nora and Camille's voices. When he looked up Camille had just turned to Nora and was speaking.

“Rowan and Hermione seem to be getting on rather well.”

Nora nodded.

“Rowan's been going on about Hermione ever since she first got home from school and the Grangers came over for Sunday lunch. I wasn't sure about encouraging his interest at first but once she made it clear that there wasn't anything going on between her and Harry I didn't see any point in putting him off.”

Upon hearing Nora's statement Harry wondered what she could be talking about. Had Hermione told Nora and Camille what had gone on between them? And if she had what had she said? What had Nora been talking about when she'd said that Hermione had said nothing was going on between them…had their time together truly meant so little to her? The sound of Hermione's laughter drew Harry's attention back to the spot where Hermione and Rowan were gallivanting about in the surf. Hermione was clinging to the shirtless blue eyed blond looking quite happy to be where she was. Quietly he stood to his feet and stuffing his hands in his pockets strode off angrily down the beach, brushing past Nora and Camille as he went. The two girls stared after Harry following his abrupt departure wondering what had gotten into him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hermione's feet lost their rather tenuous grip on the surfboard just as her hands lost their similarly feeble grip on Rowan's shoulders and she went splashing into the water for what had to be the tenth time in the last five minutes. Rowan quickly reached down and grabbing her about the waist hauled her to her feet.

“Alright?”

Hermione nodded sheepishly.

“Fine, no permanent damage done.”

Rowan smiled.

“Right then, ready to give it another go.”

Hermione threw up her hands and shook her head.

“Oh no, I've done enough falling on my bum today to recognize that I'm well outside my ambit here and to call it quits while I'm still in one piece.”

Rowan smiled a second time.

“I wouldn't let anything happen to you or that lovely bum of yours.”

Hermione flushed a bit at Rowan's obvious flirtation.

“Um…of course you wouldn't…ahh…thanks for the lesson; sorry I'm such a poor student…um…I'll just pop back up the beach and let you get on with your surfing now.”

Hermione turned to leave but Rowan caught her hand in his and said.

“We don't have to surf…we could do whatever else you like…go for swim or maybe take a walk down to the pier.”

Sensing the direction the conversation was taking Hermione gnawed her lower lip a bit before saying.

“We really should be getting back everyone will be wondering where we are before long…”

Rowan interrupted the flow of Hermione's words when he moved closer to her and tracing his left forefinger gently along her jaw and said.

“I don't think we'll be missed.”

Hermione took a step back and replied.

“I should be getting back to Harry.”

Rowan immediately caught the implication of her words and likewise took a step back.

“Ahh I see…you and Harry…you're together…”

Rowan's voice trailed off and Hermione nodded her head in answer. Rowan nodded his head as he spoke again.

“Hermione I'm really sorry…I didn't know…I never would have said anything if I knew that you and…”

Hermione interjected sympathetically.

“It's alright Rowan you had no way of knowing, it being a somewhat new turn of events and all.”

“This is new then?”

Hermione nodded.

“Very.”

Rowan quirked an eyebrow and asked.

“Very new you say…any chance that I could give your Harry a bit of competition then?”

Hermione bit back a smile as she replied.

“Rowan its very flattering of you to ask but it'd be an awful waste of your time…Harry's got the market cornered most effectively.”

Rowan nodded resignedly.

“Figures…”

He paused for a moment to absorb the situation before looking up, smiling and saying.

“Well let's get you back before I have some explaining to do.”

Hermione and Rowan arrived back at the group's spot on the beach to find everyone assembled around the massive picnic hamper of food that had been brought along except for Harry. Hermione scanned the immediate vicinity looking for a glimpse of Harry's unruly ebony mane. When she saw no sign of him she began to wonder where he'd disappeared to. Just as she was deciding to go and look for him Camille and Nora materialized at her sides. Hermione quizzed them.

“Nora, Camille have either of you seen Harry?”

Camille answered.

“He went storming off down the beach about ten minutes ago.”

Camille threw her head in the direction Harry had gone off in. Hermione's brow furrowed as she posed a second question.

“Stormed off…was he upset over something?”

This time it was Nora who replied.

“I think he may have been a bit narked over something he heard Camille and I discussing.”

The furrow in Hermione's brow blossomed into a full blown frown as she asked.

“What discussion were you two having that might have upset him?”

Hearing the edge of anger in Hermione's tone Nora shut her eyes as rushed the words out of her mouth.

“We were talking about how well you and Rowan seemed to be getting on and we might have implied how nice it was to see you and Rowan getting together considering that you'd said nothing was happening between you and Harry.”

Hermione's eyes widened as she took in what Nora had just said.

“You told Harry that I saw nothing was going on between us…”

Camille answered back.

“Nora didn't tell him anything…she was talking to me, Harry just overheard…”

Hermione paid no attention to what Camille was saying as she shook her head disbelievingly and moaned.

“Harry overheard you and now he's off somewhere thinking that I've taken up with Rowan and that what happened between us meant absolutely nothing to me!”

Camille and Nora stared at one another then back at Hermione and cried in unison.

“Something happened between you two?!”

Hermione ignored Camille and Nora's question as she asked a final one of her own.

“Nora which way did Harry go?”

Nora stared blankly back at her friend confused by the turn the conversation had taken and the urgency in Hermione's tone. Seeing that no answer was forthcoming Hermione grasped Nora by the shoulders and shook her forcefully as she repeated her question.

“Nora which way did Harry go?!”

Nora took a breath and pointing to her left said.

“That way.”

Before either Nora or Camille had a chance to question her further Hermione sped off down the beach frantically searching for a familiar head of wild black hair.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hermione found Harry at edge of the beach sitting underneath the pier. She could tell from the tight set of his shoulders that he was upset. Quickly yet cautiously she walked over to where he was sitting and gently placing a hand to his bare shoulder she asked quietly.

“May I sit with you?”

When Harry did not respond Hermione took the initiative and sat down beside him. Knowing Harry and his temper she'd surmised that the best way to handle things was to deal with them straight on. Taking a deep breath she looked at his profile and calmly said.

“Harry we need to have a word about what you overheard Nora and Camille talking about earlier.”

Hermione paused and waited for Harry to speak. When she still received no response she took another breath and continued on.

“What you overheard…what Nora said about there being nothing between you and me…I never said that! Well…I did say it…but that was before you and I…before we discovered our mutual attraction to one another…before we…before things…got physical…”

Harry looked over and saw that Hermione's face was glowing a bright red. Reaching over her took her hand in his and squeezing it gently said.

“I know.”

Hermione looked from their joined hands to Harry's face and in a wondering voice said.

“You know.”

Harry nodded.

“What I mean is I know you and I know that you would never lie to me especially about something like this. I know you wouldn't say you cared about me if you truly didn't.”

Hermione smiled glad that Harry had taken things so well. Suddenly Hermione was reminded of Harry's rather rigid seat and knowing there was more asked.

“If you know that I said that before anything happened between us what's got you so upset?”

“What makes you think I'm upset?

Hermione smiled as she replied.

“I happen to know you fairly well also Mr. Potter.”

Harry returned Hermione's smile rather weakly and looking down at their joined hands said.

“Once I calmed down and sorted out that whatever Nora and Camille were on about was some type of misunderstanding it got me thinking about us and where all of this is leading. You know better than anyone what I'm up against…what the risks are for being with me. I just don't see why you'd want to take that risk when you could be with someone like Rowan or Viktor or Ron without the extra added complication of having to fight off mad Dark Lords and their demented followers trying to off you.”

Harry paused and spared a glance in Hermione's direction. She was scowling. Just as he was about to ask what she was thinking she spoke.

“Ron…why would you ever think I'd be with Ron?”

Slightly taken aback by the question Harry replied.

“He fancies you…always has. Everybody seems to think that the reason you two row so much is because of the massive amount of unresolved sexual tension between you. Fred and George have got a pool going to see how long it takes you two to snog.”

Hermione's face contorted into a mask of confused horror.

“Me snog Ron…has the whole of Gryffindor House gone round the twist! The reason I row so much with Ron is because he's a great annoying prat! As to whether Ron fancies me or not I can't say nor do I want to imagine such a thing as true but I can assure you that his feelings are not reciprocated. I care about him of course but only as a friend. Any unresolved sexual tension I've ever experienced has all been about you…”

Harry interjected.

“Me?”

Hermione rolled her eyes as she replied.

“Yes you, you daft git…what else did you think all this kissing and touching has been about!”

Harry stared backed at Hermione with an astounded expression covering his face.

“I hoped…but I…you really want to be…to do this with me?”

Harry raised their joined hands to symbolize what he meant. Hermione smiled as she rose to her feet and stood directly in front of him. She then lowered herself onto his lap and looping her arms around his neck she stared into his eyes and said.

“Dark Lords and Death Eaters be damned there's no one else I want to be with…it's you for me Harry, just you.

Having said those words she drew his mouth to hers in a kiss that left no doubt who she wanted.

-->

7. Resolved Tensions


A Grand Adventure

Resolved Tensions

It was just after five when Rowan's van pulled into the Grangers drive. Harry and Hermione scrambled out and waved goodbye to Rowan, Nora, Ian and Camille as they trudged inside. Hermione headed towards the family room expecting to find her parents sitting on the couch; her dad watching some sporting event or another on the telly with her mum curled up at his side engrossed in a book. Thus, she was somewhat surprised to find the room empty. Reaching down she flipped on the lamp that sat on the side table at the edge of the couch. There, lying right next to the lamp was a piece of ivory stationery embossed with a large gold filigreed G. Hermione smiled as she looked at the custom made stationery her mother was so fond of using. She picked up the scrap of paper and flipping it open three twenty pound notes slipped into her palm. Hermione stared at the money for a second before sliding her gaze back to read her mother's flowing script.

Dearest Poppet,

As you and Harry are off having a grand time your father and I have accepted an invitation from Jackie and Dan to join them for an evening at the theatre and dinner. We're seeing The Mousetrap. Though we've seen it before, Jackie and Dan haven't and I thought your father and I could do with a bit of time together and this was as good an opportunity as any.

As you know from having seen it yourself, the show is a bit on the lengthy side and as we will be having dinner afterwards it will be quite late before we get home. So you and Harry will be on your own for the evening.

Enclosed you will find money for dinner for yourself and Harry. Your father is being asinine. He's standing over my shoulder admonishing me to tell you and Harry to behave yourselves, as if either of you needed to be told that. In the event that you need us for anything Daddy has his mobile and we've left the number to the restaurant by the phone.

Please try not to go overboard with the sweets, have fun. Hugs and kisses to you both.

Love,

Mum and Dad

Just as Hermione finished reading her mother's note Harry strode into the room and asked.

“Parents not home?”

Hermione turned and shook her head.

“No. They've gone into London with the Lautenbergs for dinner and a night at the theatre.”

Harry nodded and made a sort of grunting noise that Hermione assumed was an acknowledgement of what she'd just said. Hermione waved the three twenty pound notes in the air and added.

“Any particular requests for dinner, mum and dad left money for take away?”

Harry shrugged, and then said.

“Pizza?”

Hermione nodded.

“Pizza it is then.”

Hermione turned and headed into the kitchen. She stopped at the phone that sat on the counter and pulled open a drawer just underneath. She rummaged around in the drawer for several seconds before she found what she was looking for. Turning back to Harry she help up a menu to a local pizzeria and asked.

“Fancy any kind of pizza in particular?”

Harry shrugged a second time and said.

“So long as there's meat and dessert involved doesn't matter much to me.”

Hermione rolled her eyes at how much that comment sounded like Ron before turning her attention back to the menu. After several minutes of consideration and consultation with Harry Hermione picked up the phone and placed their order which included Antipasto Misto and Garlic Mushrooms starters, two spinach, bacon and avocado salads, two calzones and two orders of spaghetti Bolognese (Harry had insisted that they needed a snack for later), one large Margherita pizza (oregano, mozzarella, tomato), one large Four Seasons pizza (mushroom, ham, pepperoni sausage, olives, anchovies, mozzarella, tomato) and for dessert Chocolate Fudge Cake and Profiteroles with strawberries. Just as she had placed the phone back on the hook it rang. Guessing it was her parents checking that she and Harry had made it home safely Hermione grasped the receiver and called out a cheery hello. The word had barely left her lips before her ears were assaulted by the screeching voice of Nora Derricks.

WHAT'S THIS ABOUT YOU AND HARRY BEING A COUPLE?!”

Hermione closed her eyes and flinched at the high harsh tones of Nora's voice as she deadpanned.

“A little louder please Nora, I don't think the northern half of England heard you!”

Nora ignored Hermione's cheeky sarcasm as she retorted.

ROWAN SAID YOU TURNED HIM DOWN ON ACCOUNT OF HARRY BEING YOUR BOYFRIEND! SINCE WHEN IS HARRY YOUR BOYFRIEND? WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANTHING TO ME OR CAMILLE? HOW LONG HAS ALL THIS BEEN GOING ON?!”

Before Hermione could answer any of Nora's queries Harry's less than pleased baritone filled the room.

“ROWAN ASKED YOU OUT...YOU NEVER MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT HIM HAVING ASKED YOU OUT!”

A gasp rippled across the line as Nora dropped her voice and whispered.

“Oh God, Harry's there!”

Hermione exhaled slowly and calmly replied.

“Yes Harry is here…he's staying here for the summer…where else would he be?”

“I'm so sorry Hermione I wasn't thinking…I just wanted to know what was going on. When we got home Rowan had a go at me for making him look the prat on account of my encouraging him to chat you up when I should have known that you were with Harry. And what with you running off after Harry at Bournemouth like some woman possessed…I...I wanted to know what all had changed and when, I didn't mean to get Harry all riled up…”

Hermione interjected into Nora's rambling apology.

“Nora it's alright. I know that you weren't purposely trying to make a mess of things…”

Nora cut across Hermione and in an obviously relieved tone said.

“So you're not angry with me?”

Hermione sighed.

“No Nora I'm not angry with you.”

A squeal erupted from the other end of the line.

“Oooohh Hermione you're wonderful! Now you must tell me everything, don't leave out a single detail! Who made the first move…who...”

Hermione interjected for a second time.

“Nora now's not exactly the best time for a play by play of the last few days as I really need to have a word with Harry just now.”

Nora's voice held a distinctly conspiratorial note when she next spoke.

“Oh of course, you two have a few issues to sort out, call me later yeah.”

Hermione muttered a vague “Yes, later” before she hung up the phone and turned her full attention to Harry who was standing with his arms folded across his chest wearing a slightly murderous scowl. Tentatively, Hermione reached out and placed a hand on Harry's forearm as she called his name.

“Harry…”

The rest of her sentence was drowned out by Harry's question.

“When did he ask?”

Hermione exhaled.

“While he was trying to teach me to surf.”

Harry nodded and muttered something that sounded like “I knew it” before turning to Hermione and asking a second question.

“You weren't going to tell about it were you?”

Hermione took Harry's hand in hers and answered him saying.

“I didn't really have time to think about whether or not I was going to tell you about Rowan...when I got back to our spot at the beach you were gone and Nora and Camille were going on about you being upset because you overheard them talking about Rowan and I and having run off. Once I caught you up you were sitting there under the pier being all noble…getting ready to end things on account of you thinking I deserved better and all I cared about then was making sure you knew how much you mean to me and that the only bloke I've got eyes for is you, Rowan and his advances were honestly the last thing on my mind.”

No sooner than the words were out of her mouth Hermione found herself flush against Harry's chest. In the next second his lips descended to hers in a slow burning kiss. Harry gently touched his tongue to Hermione's before drawing back ever so slightly. Hermione wound her fingers in Harry's hair and drew him back towards her, wrapping her tongue around his deepening the kiss. The pair stumbled backwards into the counter at Hermione's back and the kiss grew more heated. Harry's hands found their way beneath Hermione's top and stroked the warm bare flesh. Soft whimpering moans could be heard escaping Hermione's mouth and she pressed herself even tighter to Harry's solidly, unyielding masculine frame. The sudden chiming of the doorbell shattered the moment and brought both Harry and Hermione back to the present. Taking a step back to collect himself Harry said.

“That'd be the pizza.”

Hermione nodded.

Harry added.

“I suppose we should answer that.”

Hermione nodded as well but made no attempt to move. The doorbell sounded again. Seeing the dazed look in her eye, Harry smiled and said.

“Don't move…I'll be back.”

Harry leaned over and picked up the money Emma Granger had left and hurried off in the direction of the front door. Hermione heard the door open and the voices of Harry and the deliveryman as they exchanged pleasantries and recounted the order. She heard Harry thank the man just before she heard the sound of the door snapping shut. Harry shuffled back into the kitchen carrying two pizza boxes with two large bags balanced on top. Setting his burden down on the counter he said.

“What do you want first…salad, pizza or something else?”

Hermione sent Harry a sultry look as she replied in a husky voice.

“Definitely something else.”

Harry looked up as he heard the passionate rasp in Hermione's voice. Raising an eyebrow quizzically he mumbled.

“What?”

Hermione smiled as she replied.

“I said I'm hungry but not for anything on that counter.”

In the next instant Hermione found herself being lifted off the floor into Harry's arms. As Harry rushed up the stairs he looked down and asked her.

“Your room or mine?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Two minutes later the pair lay across Harry's bed struggling to maneuver each other out of their various articles of clothing while kissing rather heatedly. Harry kissed his way to the spot just below Hermione's collarbone and alternately kissed and nibbled the spot as his right hand journeyed down her stomach and inside her shorts and bikini bottoms to stroke her lovely warm wet heat. Hermione let out a low moan as she whispered Harry's name as she began to trace her fingers across the hard muscles of his back and shoulders. At the feel of her hands on his bare skin he sucked in a breath of air and with his left hand pulled aside the top of her bikini and sucked her nipple into his mouth. Hermione's breath stuttered as Harry's thumb found her clit and two of his fingers slipped inside her. She bucked her hips and tangled her hands in Harry's wild locks as moved his attentions to her other breast. As he slowly licked the rise of her breasts Harry increased the rhythm of his stroking fingers. Hermione shuddered and her breathing quickened as Harry kissed and caressed her body, the desire he was creating in her was almost unbearable. She gave herself over to the feelings flooding her body and her senses and half-moaned half-whispered.

“Harry…I want you…inside me…now!”

His response was a deep breathy whisper as he paused in his task of caressing her silken folds. He flicked his tongue gently across her tautly budded nipples and whispered.

“Are you sure?”

Hermione's reply was an enthusiastically moaned “Yes Please”.

Harry drew away from Hermione long enough to rid himself of his swimmers. Hermione likewise divested herself of her bikini and shorts. No sooner than that was done the pair were back in each others arms. Hermione pulled Harry's lips to her own and kissed him passionately as he settled himself between her thighs. Just as he was about to slip inside her Harry stopped. Hermione looked up and asked.

“What's wrong?”

Harry's reply came out in a wretched tone.

“We can't do this…we haven't got protection.”

Hermione framed Harry's face in her hands and said.

“It's all right…its taken care of.”

Seeing the slightly confused look on his handsome face Hermione elaborated.

“I'm on the Anti-Conception Potion…it'll cover us both.”

Harry opened his mouth to ask another question but was silenced by a kiss from Hermione. The kiss took on a life of its own and deepened into a sumptuous exploration of lips, mouths and tongues. As the kiss became more animated Hermione pressed her bare form wantonly alongside Harry's undulating her hips against his. Groaning Harry gripped her waist and plunged inside Hermione's warm wetness. Hermione hissed in pain and shut her eyes at the sudden intrusion. Harry stilled his movements.

“Hermione are…”

Whatever Harry was about to ask was cut off by the downward roll of Hermione's hips. The feel of her around his erect member prompted Harry to move. So they were both gasping and moaning as Harry drove in and out of Hermione's tight slit. Their lips met in a hot kiss as Harry increased his pace; thrusting deeply. Hermione met Harry stroke for stroke rolling her hips and wrapping her legs around his waist as he drove in and out of her. Knowing he was near to exploding and not wanting to leave Hermione unsatisfied Harry slipped a hand down between their bodies and began vigorously stroking Hermione's clit in time to his thrusts. Hermione's back arched off the bed and she cried out as she clinched around Harry's rigid length. As Hermione writhed beneath him Harry lost control and with and grunt spent himself. After several moments Harry gathered himself and rolled off to the side of Hermione; reaching out he hooked an arm around her waist and pulling her close whispered.

“You okay?”

Hermione nodded and snuggling closer to Harry whispered back.

“Perfect.”

Harry smiled as he pulled Hermione more snuggly into his arms and closed his eyes in utter content.

-->

8. Exploration


A Grand Adventure

Exploration

BRINGGGGGG! BRINGGGGGG!

Hermione was stirred from sleep by the strident, high-pitched tones of the phone. Groaning groggily she rolled away from the solid warmth of Harry's bare chest; which she'd been using as a pillow, and grabbing the phone from the nightstand on the fourth ring muttered into the receiver in a sleepy sated tone of voice.

“Hello.”

“Poppet…”

At the sound of her father's voice the leftover languorousness that had been hovering about her person vanished. Turning over onto her stomach she replied quickly.

“Yes Daddy.”

Jonathan Granger's voice was full of concern as he queried his daughter.

“Poppet, are you alright…you sound a bit out of sorts.”

Hermione answered back more evenly though there was still a hint of huskiness in her tone.

“I'm fine Daddy; the phone just startled me awake.”

“Startled you awake. What on earth are you doing in bed so early…it's just gone eight! Hermione are you quite sure that you're alright?”

Hearing the panic in her father's voice Hermione readily offered her reassurances.

“I'm perfectly fine Daddy…really. I was just a bit knackered from having gotten up so much earlier than usual and all the activity…”

Jonathan cut in.

“Activity, what sort of activity?”

Before Hermione could answer she heard her mother's voice.

“Really Jonathan that's a bit of a silly question don't you think? A busload of teenagers spent the day at the beach and you're getting your pants in a twist over what kind of activity your daughter got up to that could make her tired!”

Jonathan retorted.

“I am not getting my pants in a twist! And do excuse me for taking an active interest in the life and well-being of our daughter!”

Hermione suppressed a giggle as her mother offered a muttered retort of her own that came out too garbled to be intelligible. Choosing to ignore rather to further engage his wife in conversation Jonathan posed another question to his daughter.

“Where's Harry?”

“Wha…wha…what?”

Hermione's answer came out as a stutter, for at the precise moment that her father had inquired after Harry's whereabouts the latter who had woken at some point during the course of the conversation busied himself with the task of kissing and licking his way down the cord of her spine.

Jonathan reiterated his question.

“I asked where Harry was.”

Stifling a moan as Harry turned his attentions to her neck, Hermione answered in a more strident tone.

“In his room Daddy.”

Harry licked the shell of Hermione's free ear and whispered “Hello Mr. and Mrs. Granger” as he wrapped and arm around her waist and in the swiftest of movements flipped her onto her back and began to nuzzle her neck while caressing her bare breasts. For the next five minutes Hermione struggled to keep her composure as she tried to answer her father in a normal tone of voice while he prattled on about one thing and then another as Harry simultaneously continued his torturous exploration of her body, kissing and touching her everywhere his greedy mouth and hands could reach. Just as her father asked what she and Harry were having for dinner Harry disappeared between her thighs and his lips latched on to her erect and throbbing clit. He eagerly began swirling his tongue around it as he sucked her; it was all Hermione could do to keep from screaming out in pleasure. Getting no response from his daughter Jonathan reiterated his question.

“Poppet did you hear me? What are you and Harry doing for dinner?”

It was clear enough to Hermione that they'd be doing each other for dinner but as she couldn't say that to her father she steeled herself and in a remarkably calm voice replied.

“I hadn't really thought about dinner seeing as I was so knackered. But I suppose I should really see about ordering take away as it's getting rather late…maybe Boiardi's…”

Hermione broke off her sentence as Harry's lively and agile tongue slipped inside her folds. She bit down on her lip to stem the moan that threatened to break through. Clamping her thighs tightly about Harry's head as he insatiably lapped at her juices Hermione recovered enough to call a quick end to her conversation with her father telling him she was off to find Harry and place their take away order. She made certain the connection was severed before she tangled her fingers in Harry's hair and with a roll of her hips encouraged the continuation of his actions. Harry willingly complied by redoubling his efforts. Slipping his fingers inside her as he licked and sucked her voraciously Harry artfully brought Hermione to climax. As her release rocked her body Harry moved above her and drew her mouth to his, kissing her franticly. Hermione allowed herself a few moments to enjoy the passion of Harry's embrace before she decided on her method of payback.

After several minutes of deep lingering kisses Hermione wrapped herself around Harry and using the fact that his was slightly off balance to her advantage rolled him over onto his back. She straddled him, never once breaking the kiss. Hermione placed a line of kisses from Harry's mouth, across his jaw and to his ear. In a husky whisper she instructed him to close his eyes, lie back and enjoy himself. She then repaid his earlier attentions to her in kind by blazing a path of hot open mouth kisses down his chest and abdomen. Harry moaned appreciatively as Hermione's lithe and wicked tongue traversed its way down his body. She gripped his hard pulsing cock in her hand and stroking him firmly leaned down and kissed the head lightly before swirling her tongue around it. Harry closed his eyes in expectation of the moment when Hermione's mouth engulfed him fully. He lay there for several long moments with nothing happening. Curious he opened his eyes and found Hermione standing in the doorway in all her unadulterated glory. Smiling innocently she nodded her head in the direction of his erect penis and said.

“I'm off to have a shower I'll leave you to handle things on your own shall I?”

Before Harry could mutter a single solitary word in response Hermione turned and shot down the hall in the direction of her room. He sat there transfixed for several minutes before he hopped off the bed and went in search of the devilish little chit, intent on making her pay for her unabashed teasing. Stepping into her room her saw that the bathroom door was slightly ajar; he could hear the steady pitter patter of the water from the shower hitting against the tiles. Grinning mischievously Harry carefully peeked inside. Hermione was standing in the spray of water, satisfied that her attention was sufficiently diverted Harry quickly and quietly slipped inside the shower and in a low guttural whisper asked.

“Need a hand?”

Hermione's head snapped up, her mouth dropped open and her eyes widened in surprise as she turned around and took in the sight of Harry before her. Without waiting for an answer Harry grabbed the bottle of body wash from the shelf behind him, he squeezed a liberal amount into his hands. Rubbing his hands together vigorously he then turned Hermione back around so that her back was facing him and started to wash Hermione's body with his bare hands. He was careful to use soft, slow strokes; making big, long movements with hands. He started at her neck and shoulders and worked his way down her body. He was careful not to miss a single solitary spot and he made certain to pay extra special attention to all her sensitive bits. When he was done with the soaping he made sure to be equally as meticulous in the rinsing. Harry slipped his hand between Hermione's thighs and stroked her firmly. Hermione moaned as he slipped a finger inside her and slowly worked her before withdrawing his hand. Aroused beyond words Hermione reached up and tangling her hands in Harry's wet hair brought his mouth down to hers in a scorching kiss. In the next instant Hermione found her back pressed against the shower wall and her legs wrapped about Harry's waist as he drove his rock hard cock inside her.

Hermione's eyes rolled to the back of her head. She clenched her muscles around him and moaned.

“Oh god, Harry…”

The remainder of her sentence was cut off as Harry reclaimed her mouth in another hot kiss. As his hips slammed against hers his tongue mimicked the movements of his thrusts. Hermione readily matched Harry's passion by grinding and rolling her hips in time with his thrusts and clenching her walls around him tightly. Harry growled low in his throat as he gripped her arse in his palms and increased his pace, sliding deeper inside her with each thrust. On a particularly hard thrust, Hermione's back arched up off the wall, her walls clenched him painfully and digging her fingers into his shoulders she came undone, crying out.

“Oh...oh…god…oh…Haaarrrry!!”

As Hermione lost herself to her own release Harry felt his own impending moment reach the point of eruption. Grabbing her hips he began sliding her up and down his hardened member. Hermione recovered herself enough to wrap her arms tightly around his neck and assist Harry in his cause by taking over the movements of her own hips. Laying his forehead against hers Harry grunted in approval of her actions. Hermione continued grinding against him a few moments more then suddenly Harry's head dropped to her shoulder and he grabbed her hips in both hands stilling her movements. His body quivered as he thrust up into her three times. His voice was thick with arousal as he exploded inside her calling out her name with each thrust.

“Hermione! Hermione! Hermione!”

Hermione held tightly to Harry as they rode out his orgasm together. It was several minutes before either of them was coherent enough to disentangle themselves from each other and shut off the water that had long since run cold.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was nearly one in the morning when Jonathan and Emma Granger arrived home and were more than a little shocked to find Harry and Hermione wide awake with the telly tuned to some late night horror film. Hermione was stretch out on the couch, while Harry sat on the floor near her head. A collection of take away cartons and pizza boxes bearing the name Boiardi's littered the floor immediately around them. As Jonathan and Emma stepped fully into the room Hermione buried her face in Harry's neck as one of the women in the film fell victim to a decidedly gory end at the hands of a masked assailant with a very large knife. Hermione's voice came out muffled against Harry's neck.

“Tell me when it's over.”

Harry chuckled as he reached up and wound his fingers through Hermione's hair and teasingly said.

“Hermione we really don't have to watch this if it bothers you this much. I never knew you were this easily frightened.”

“Neither did I.”

At the sound of Jonathan Granger's voice Harry unwound his fingers from Hermione's curls and dropped them to his side as he began to get up from his perch on the floor. Hermione lifted her head and smiling brightly bounded off the couch. She covered the distance separating her from her parents and kissing them both on the cheek quickly sought to divert her father's attention.

“So how was it? Did you enjoy the show and dinner?”

Emma sighed as she shrugged out of her wrap and said.

“Your father and Dan acted like two fifteen year old boys the entire evening…”

Emma paused and looking in Harry's direction added.

“No offense dear.”

Harry nodded and muttered.

“None taken.”

Jonathan, who had just grabbed a slice of pizza and taken a rather large bite, spoke around his mouthful of food and asked.

“What in blazes did I do to rate that kind of a comment?”

Emma held up her hand and begin listing her husband's transgressions off on her fingers.

“You told Dan the ending of the play so you could spend most of the evening make snarky comments instead of paying attention…your little impromptu golfing demonstration during intermission…then you and Dan made us late for our dinner reservation with your shortcut and if that wasn't bad enough, after we finally were seated the two of you gripped about the menu and the food for the rest of the evening.”

Jonathan finished his second slice of pizza and replied.

“First of all they ask you not to tell people outside the theatre the ending of the play so seeing that we were inside at the time I don't see anything wrong with my having said anything. And those blokes in the lobby asked for my advice on their swing technique so I was simply being sociable by offering what knowledge I had. As to the shortcut Dan went left two streets early otherwise we'd have been fine…and the food in that place you and Jackie drug us off to wasn't enough to feed a baby let along a full grown strapping man…the serving of mash barely filled a thimble!”

Jonathan paused for a beat and grinning madly picked up his third slice of pizza and said.

“And all that aside you had a grand time didn't you.”

Emma rolled her eyes as she picked her way across the room to where Harry and Hermione were standing. Taking Hermione's face in both her hands she said.

“Not too late.”

With that done she affectionately kissed his daughter's forehead. She then moved to Harry and likewise bestowed a kiss to his cheek adding her admonishment not to stay up much later for him as well. Then casting a glance at the pile of take away cartons on the floor she added.

“Tomorrow we'll have a proper dinner you two are eating far too much take away.”

To Jonathan who was then eyeing the Profiteroles with strawberries she said.

“Leave it dear, you've overindulged enough for one night.”

Jonathan pleaded innocence.

“I was just going to say goodnight to the kids.”

Emma watched as Jonathan kissed and hugged Hermione then clapped Harry on the back and said.

“You heard your mother you're to get to bed as soon as the film's over. And be sure to clean up mess before you turn in.”

Satisfied that her husband had been properly quelled Emma called out goodnight and headed up the stairs. As she turned to go Jonathan turned back and plucking a strawberry from the creamy chocolate popped it into his mouth. Harry and Hermione stifled their laughter at the look of pleasure that covered Jonathan's face as he savored his minor victory. Once all evidence of his transgression was gone he bid them goodnight with a wink of his eye then headed up the stairs. Harry and Hermione waited to hear the sound of her parents' bedroom door closing before they dropping to the couch and cuddling together watched the remainder of the film.

-->

9. Boyfriends and Birthdays


A Grand Adventure

Boyfriends and Birthdays

Hermione was in the kitchen with her mother putting the finishing touches on the Sunday roast. True to her word Emma had risen early and set to work on a spectacular dinner that compared with anything Molly Weasley had ever set before her brood. Emma had pulled out all the stops surprising Jonathan, Hermione and Harry with her menu of roast pork served with crackling, sage and onion stuffing with apple sauce and English mustard, steamed cabbage, mashed potatoes, parsnips and carrots and an apple blackberry crumble for dessert. As Emma put the finishing touches on the crumble and Hermione set the table, two shouts, “Bloody good save” and “Yes” drifted into the kitchen from the lounge. Hermione looked at her mother and with a smile said.

“It looks like daddy has found a replacement to watch football with him.”

Emma nodded.

“Yes it looks as if he has…too bad Harry can't stay permanently.”

Hermione feigned shock.

“Mum…I thought you loved watching football with daddy!”

Emma shook her head and handed the bowl of mash to Hermione to place on the table and replied.

“I love your father the football I put up with.”

Hermione erupted into giggles.

“Oh you find that funny do you; well you'll learn soon enough how much compromise goes into a relationship. Just wait until you and Harry get back to school and the two of you have it on about his going to his Queerdutch matches then you'll understand all about compromise.”

Hermione replied cautiously as she placed the steamed cabbage on the table.

“Mum it's pronounced Quidditch and why would Harry and I need to compromise about that?”

Emma quirked an eyebrow then answered saying.

“Hermione you can't honestly think that the change in your and Harry's relationship is some sort of secret.”

Hermione flushed scarlet and dropping into the nearest chair covered her hands with her face and mumbled an unintelligible reply. Emma hastily set down the bowl of parsnips and carrots on the table and dropped into the chair beside her daughter and placing an arm around her shoulder said.

“Oh sweetie it can't be that awful your parents knowing you have a boyfriend.”

Hermione removed her hands from her face and looking up said.

“Boyfriend…right…you and daddy know…”

Emma interjected.

“I admit that your father's having a bit of trouble getting used to the fact that he won't be the only male in your life but he's making an effort to be reasonable.”

Emma paused and inclining her head in the direction of the lounge and added.

“I think they've made a grand start at bonding as it were.”

Emma smiled encouragingly at her daughter. Having regained a modicum of her composure Hermione returned her mother's smile reservedly as she asked.

“So you're really alright with Harry and I dating.”

Emma's smile widened.

“The reality of the situation is that you are quite grown up. You're not our little poppet anymore and part of that growing up is dating. We've talked about it and both your father and I trust your judgment immensely…”

Hermione eyed her mother skeptically at the utterance of her last statement but held her tongue as she continued. Seeing the look her daughter gave her Emma patted Hermione's hand and appended with.

“You're a bright, strong, capable, thoughtful young woman; the kind of girl that any mother would be proud of so yes we really do trust you to do the right thing. And as to you and Harry…I think you're rather well suited to each other. It's obvious he thinks the world of you and you him. All in all I think the two of you are quite cute together.”

Hermione smiled in earnest. After a second she asked another question.

“And daddy really feels the same way?”

Emma chuckled.

“Your father is…trying…he's really trying.”

Mother and daughter erupted into giggles. Just then the oven timer sounded and Emma stood up and went to take the crumble from the oven. Once that was done Emma and Hermione finished setting the table and called Harry and Jonathan in and the four settled in for a leisurely meal. Following dinner Jonathan and Harry headed down to the pub to as Jonathan put it “afford Harry the opportunity to watch a football match in a proper manly environment”. While the gents went off to enjoy their football match Emma and Hermione each settled into a corner of the couch with a book, a cup of tea and a heaping bowl of crumble. It was in this position that Hermione was found by her father and Harry when they returned from their jaunt to the pub just after eleven.

“Poppet where's your mum?”

Jonathan queried his daughter as he leaned down and placed a kiss to her forehead. Hermione marked her page and closing her book answered.

“Turned in early…she said something about tomorrow being rather hectic.”

Jonathan nodded.

“Too right she is…we're scheduled to due the monthly invoices tomorrow.”

With a shake of his head Jonathan added.

“Well I reckon I'll call it a night then…see you two in the morning.”

Harry and Hermione said their good nights and Jonathan headed upstairs to bed. Hermione was the first to speak.

“So how was the pub?”

Harry smiled as he responded.

“It was really a lot of fun. Your dad's a lot different than I thought he'd be…he's got a right wicked sense of humor and he knows an awful lot about ale.”

“Ale…you and my father have been drinking?”

“Just a little…two ales and a shandy. He made me promise not to tell your mum though, said she'd do her nut if she found out.”

Hermione chuckled lightly.

“He's right about that; mum wouldn't be too pleased if she found out dad had been letting you drink but seeing as how you didn't come home pissed out of your mind I suppose is alright.”

The two shared a laugh after which Hermione asked.

“So Mr. Potter now that you've had your boys' night out I suppose you'll have to cross that off your list of birthday celebration alternatives…”

Harry interjected.

“Birthday celebration alternatives?”

Hermione nodded.

“Yes birthday celebrations…you've a birthday this week and you can hardly expect that I'd let it pass unacknowledged.”

Harry shrugged.

“Its no big deal really, it's enough that you remember it at all.”

Hermione tossed her book aside and said.

“Well I do happen to think it's a big deal and I have every intention of celebrating it so I suggest you think about what it is you'd like to do that day.”

Harry eyed Hermione appraisingly and replied.

“I can think of one thing I'd like for my birthday.”

Hermione raised an eyebrow and asked.

“And what would that be?”

Harry grinned impishly and reaching out he pulled Hermione into his arms and said.

“Let me show you.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jonathan Granger came downstairs on Thursday morning to find the kitchen counter laden down with bacon, eggs, waffles, fresh fruit, coffee, tea and fresh squeezed orange juice. At the end of the counter sat two owls and a small pile of packages. Emma was taking plates down from the cabinet. Jonathan dropped an envelope onto the pile then turning to pour himself a cup of coffee called to his wife.

“Emma Granger's famous birthday breakfast and a pile of gifts …seems someone is rather fond of Harry.”

Emma quirked an eyebrow at her husband as she replied.

“Yes I am very fond of Harry, he's a lovely young man and he deserves to have at least one decent birthday. Though judging from that envelope I'm not the only one who's fond of him.”

Jonathan shrugged his shoulders and feigned innocence.

“What…the boy's shown an interest in football I just though he might enjoy seeing Chelsea take on Fulham Saturday next.”

Emma shook her head.

“Honestly Jonathan would it kill you to admit that you like your daughter's boyfriend?”

Jonathan winced.

“I'm a father of course it would kill me to admit to liking my daughter's boyfriend but seeing as Harry isn't Hermione's boyfriend you don't have to worry about my imminent demise.”

Emma smiled as she sipped at her tea and answered back with.

“Well seeing that Hermione has admitted to me that she and Harry are a couple I suppose you'll be kicking the bucket soon so I reckon I'll sell the practice and go on permanent holiday to the south of France.”

“Bloody hell woman can't you even mourn me for fifteen minutes!”

Emma never responded to Jonathan's query because at that moment Hermione came bounding down the stairs holding Harry's birthday present. Hermione placed her gift on the pile.

“Breakfast looks wonderful mum.”

Emma smiled at her daughter's compliment.

“Thank you sweetheart, I just hope Harry enjoys it.”

No sooner than the words were out of Emma's mouth the Grangers caught the sound of Harry's footfalls on the stairs. Hastily the family crowded around the end of the kitchen counter behind Harry's pile of gifts and waited for him to turn the corner. As Harry rounded the corner and stepped into the kitchen he was greeted with a chorus of `Happy Birthday Harry' from Hermione and her parents. Surprised by the kind gesture Harry was almost too stunned to speak. Quickly recovering himself he managed to say thank you. Before he had a chance to say anything else Harry'd been ushered onto the stool at the end of the counter by Jonathan and Emma had placed a dish loaded with piping hot waffles eggs and bacon along with a bowl of fresh fruit before him.

“Go on dear, tuck in before everything gets cold.”

Harry needed no other encouragement than Emma's warm smile and admonition. As he set about sampling the excellent breakfast before him Emma dished up servings for everyone and the entire lot sat down to a hearty breakfast. During the meal Harry opened his small pile of presents; there was the usual bag of jokes from the twins, a Chudley Canons pin from Ron and a new pair of seekers gloves from Arthur and Molly, Hagrid had sent two huge bars of Honeydukes best chocolate, there were the football tickets from Jonathan and from Emma there was a book entitled The Complete History of the European Quidditch League. The final gift was from Hermione was a camera. She knew how few mementoes Harry had of those closest to him and so she thought this was the perfect way to prevent such an event in future.

Following breakfast Emma and Jonathan headed to the office and Hermione cleared away the dishes. Harry who was barred from doing any chores as it was his birthday went into the lounge to pen two quick thank you notes to Hagrid and the Weasleys for their gifts. The letters were a bit longer than Harry'd originally intended but as he hadn't written to them over the course of the summer he thought he ought to at the very least let his friends know how he was getting on. Harry had just finished sending his letters off with the newly rested owls when Hermione called from upstairs.

“Harry could you come upstairs for a moment, I need your help with something!”

“Sure, be right up!”

Harry secured the window and hurried upstairs to assist Hermione. As he opened the door and entered her room Harry stopped death in his tracks, his mouth dropped open and his eyes doubled in size at the sight of Hermione perched on her bed in lacy black bra and knickers with matching black stilettos. Hermione smiled at Harry's shocked expression and holding up the camera she'd given him for his birthday said.

“I thought maybe we could try out your new camera.”

Harry returned the smile as he stepped across the room and plucked the camera from Hermione hand.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

An hour later Harry and Hermione lay tangled together slightly out of breath from their morning activities. Hermione reached down and picked up the camera that had fallen to her side and thought aloud.

“I suppose these photos will have to keep for a bit.”

Harry replied sleepily.

“Just until we get back to Hogwarts and I get with Colin about developing them.”

Hermione rolled over and laying her head on Harry's chest and asked.

“Colin?”

Harry nodded.

“Yep I want to know the specific solution he uses to develop his photos the wizarding way; something tells me these photos will be so much more interesting in live action.”

Hermione shook her head and for the second time in five minutes she thought aloud.

“What on earth am I going to do with you Harry James Potter?”

Harry grinned as he pulled Hermione into his arms and answered her question with a kiss.

-->

10. Summer's End


A Grand Adventure

Summer's End

Normally the Grangers would have taken several weeks off and spent the time in some exotic locale. The Grangers had planned to spend this year's holiday in Australia but after speaking with Dumbledore and agreeing to have Harry stay for the summer the family had happily changed their plans. Dumbledore had cautioned the Grangers against venturing too far from the auspices of the Order's protection so long as Harry was a fixture in their household. So the week following Harry's birthday Jonathan and Emma left the practice in the capable hands of their associates and took two weeks off for a family holiday. They piled Hermione and Harry into the car and headed up to London.

Seeing as how Harry'd never gone on an actual holiday Emma thought it would be fun if they all acted as if they'd never been to London and behave like tourists. It didn't take much convincing to get the others to play along. The foursome spent their days seeing the sights; they went to the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, they also took in the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, London Bridge, the Tower of London, the London Eye and Madame Tussauds. They visited the National Gallery, the Museum of London, the Natural History Museum and the Tate Gallery. The evenings were filled with a variety of activity as well. They popped into the theatre and took in Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables and The Mousetrap (Emma made sure that Jonathan didn't spoil it for Harry). They dined everywhere from Planet Hollywood near Leicester Square to Indigo in Convent Gardens to Pissaros.

The morning they were set to leave London Harry and the Grangers ventured into Diagon Alley to collect his and Hermione's school things. The trip into the wizarding world was very subdued as Diagon Alley was virtually empty. Harry and the Grangers were accompanied by a personal guard of Order members that included Mad Eye Moody and Kingsley Shacklebolt. The ride home was a somber one; everyone seemed to be lost in their own thoughts.

By the time Jonathan, Emma, Hermione and Harry arrived home and got themselves settled it was early afternoon. After a quick lunch Jonathan and Emma headed to the office to check in and to catch up on paperwork. Harry and Hermione could spend the afternoon finishing off the last of their summer homework or they could hang out by the pool. They decided to wile away the afternoon lounging by the pool and after a quick trip upstairs to change the pair made their way to the pool. Hermione flopped down on a lounge chair and pulled out a book while Harry dove straight into the pool. After about a quarter of an hour Harry levered his wiry frame out of the water and padded dripping wet over to where Hermione was perched on the lounge chair.

“I thought the point of swimming was to actually swim.”

Hermione replied without looking up.

“As I recall we decided to spend the afternoon lounging by the pool, nothing was ever discussed about actually swimming.”

“But it's a given when you say you're going to lounge by the pool that you plan to get in the water.”

“Nothing is given if it is not explicitly stated and I never made any allusion to getting wet.”

At that comment Harry asked.

“So you don't plan on getting wet then?”

Hermione shook her head and answered back saying.

“I'm enjoying the sun far too much to go getting wet.”

Harry replied with a hint of mischievousness “Uh-huh”. Before Hermione could fully process the meaning of Harry's grunting reply she found herself being lifted off the lounge and borne through the air towards the pool. She let out a shriek as Harry jumped into the cool depths. Hermione emerged spluttering from the water and sent a large splashing wave of water into Harry's face as his head broke above the water. This set off an immediate retaliation by Harry. For the next several minutes the quiet afternoon was rent by the splashing and laughter of the two teens. The duo made their way to the side of the pool breathlessly where Harry smiled cheekily at Hermione and said.

“Guess you changed your mind about getting wet.”

Hermione smacked Harry on the shoulder and replied with a single word.

“Git!”

Harry chuckled at Hermione's remark as he pressed her up against the side of the pool. Hermione smiled as she slipped her hands underneath the water and began to trace her fingers across the hard planes of Harry's abdomen; at the feel of her hands on his bare skin Harry sucked in a breath of air. Hermione's smile widened as she continued to run her hands across his chest and arms. She playfully nibbled the pulse point at the base of Harry's neck an action which elicited a moan from Harry. Smiling wickedly Hermione trailed kisses across Harry's neck and shoulders; Harry slipped his fingers into Hermione's dripping brown curls and drew her mouth to his in a deep passionate kiss. They kissed passionately for several minutes before they broke apart. Harry took in the sight of Hermione's full pouty lips slightly swollen from his kisses, her smooth sun-kissed skin, the rise of her full breasts and thought to himself how absolutely gorgeous Hermione was. Wrapping his arms around her he pulled Hermione snugly into his arms. His mouth sought hers and they kissed. His right hand caressed her thigh as it inched its way to the bare scrap of cloth that covered her center, he lowered his head and slowly licked the rise of her breasts as he deftly released the tie of her swimsuit top with his left hand. Hermione half-moaned half-whispered his name.

“Harry.”

His response was a deep breathy whisper as he busied himself with caressing her bits as he flicked his tongue gently across her exposed hardened nipples and whispered emphatically.

“Gods, you're beautiful.”

Harry drew her nipple into his mouth and began to suckle on it as if his very life depended on it, Hermione knotted her hands into fists in his hair pulling his head closer to her chest. He gently slipped his hand inside her bikini bottoms and continued his torturous caresses. Hermione shuddered and her breathing quickened as Harry kissed and caressed her body, the desire he was creating in her was unbelievable.

Harry wrapped his arms around Hermione and hoisted her out of the water. He walked over to the lounge chair and gently laid her down. Harry relieved both Hermione and himself of their remaining items of clothing. Hermione placed her hands on either side of Harry's face and drew him towards her, she wrapped her legs around his waist, Harry saw the unspoken desire in her eyes he dipped his head and their mouths met in a kiss as Hermione raised her hips and he entered her. His hands found hers and they intertwined as he moved above her, lovingly kissing her face as he pumped inside her. Hermione tightened her hold on Harry urging him deeper, their moans and grunts of rapture floated through the afternoon air as they each found their own release.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The last weeks of the summer hols sped by in a haze of activity for Hermione and Harry and before either of them knew it September 1st was a scant two days away. Preparation for the trip to Kings Cross set off a flurry of activity at the Granger home. Emma Granger went into a tizzy much like the ones Harry had seen Molly Weasley fly into over the years. She had Jonathan to haul down their trunks and all their books and assorted school supplies. While Jonathan was at that Emma set about making sure that every robe, shirt, skirt, sock and pair of trousers was washed, starched, pressed and neatly folded in piles. Once that was done Emma set about making sure that each trunk was packed securely and neatly. Witnessing the process explained where Hermione got her penchant for thoroughness from.

The morning of September 1st arrived and an excited Hermione bounded into the kitchen early that morning and was shocked to find Harry sitting at the table fully dressed nursing a steaming cup of tea with a rather morose expression covering his face. Hermione walked over to where Harry was sitting and dropped into the chair beside his and softly called out.

“Good Morning Harry.”

Harry looked up and a smile covered his face as he answered back solemnly.

“Morning Hermione.”

Hermione frowned at his tone and continued her querying.

“You sound rather depressed, what's wrong?”

Harry took a deep breath and expelled it before responding.

“I've just been thinking about us and how things have changed between us and how that changes everything else.”

Hermione's stomach gave an uneasy flip.

“Harry if you're trying to call things off because of what you're facing I'm telling you right now I won't have it…”

Harry could see that Hermione was winding herself up to give him a right dressing down so he turned to face her and grabbing both her hands in his and interrupted her flow of speech by saying.

“Hermione I'm not trying to call things off with you. If I honestly believed that keeping you at a distance would keep you safe I'd do it in a heartbeat but you've been by my side so long you'd be a target whether we're a couple or not.”

Harry paused and then added.

“Besides I rather like this new dimension to our relationship.”

Hermione leaned in and throwing her arms around Harry's neck and kissed him soundly. The kiss ended and Hermione leaned back and posed a question.

“If you weren't thinking of calling things off what were you worrying over?”

Harry sighed as he replied.

“Ron…”

Hermione began to bite at her lower lip nervously. Harry continued.

“He may not have ever said anything but its obvious that Ron really fancies you and I'm sure that he's not going to happy about us.”

Hermione moved closer to Harry and kissed him lightly on the cheek and said.

“It'll be difficult I know but Ron will come round…he always does in the end.”

Harry nodded.

“Yeah he does doesn't he.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ron Weasley scanned the mass of young witches and wizards as he strolled down platform nine and three quarters, searching for a sign of his best friends. As he pushed his way through the crowd, Ron garnered more than a few dirty looks as he trod on the feet of several of his unsuspecting schoolmates. Ron continued his appraisal of the crowd searching for a sign of Harry and Hermione. This had been the first summer the trio hadn't spent at least a week together since they began Hogwarts. Ron had been at the Burrow all summer long while Harry had been at Hermione's. Ron had asked his parents when Harry and Hermione were coming to stay with them but he'd never gotten a straight answer. His parents would say things like “We'll see” and “We'll have to ask Dumbledore about that” but the whole summer had passed without there meeting and now as they were set to return to Hogwarts Ron was getting anxious to see his friends.

Ron looked up towards the entrance to platform nine and three quarters and caught sight of Mad Eye Moody and Nymphadora Tonks along with Hermione's parents. A smile lit Ron's face as he then caught sight of Harry and Hermione making their way down the platform in his direction. He was about to call out to them when he noticed that his best friends were holding hands as they drew closer. The implication of the gesture is clear and Ron barely has a moment to collect himself before Harry and Hermione are standing in front of him.

“Hello Ron.”

Ron nodded and in a quiet voice replied.

“Hello Hermione…Harry.”

“Hello Ron.”

Before anything more could be said among the friends they were descended upon by the Grangers, Weasleys and members of the Order. Summer hols are rehashed and before long the mad dash to board the train begins. Ron and Hermione say their goodbyes to their families and Harry is hugged and kissed by both Emma and Molly and has his hands wrung by Jonathan, Arthur and Mad Eye Moody. After having said their goodbyes the trio boarded the train and Hermione made her way to the front of the train to prepare for the prefects meeting. Harry decided to take the opportunity to speak with Ron, cautiously he began.

“Ron…about Hermione and me…I…”

Ron interrupted Harry's words with a shake of his head and said.

“It's always been you mate…any fool could see that by the way she fusses over you…”

Ron paused for a moment then added.

“Just be good to her or I'll kick your bloody arse.”

Harry nodded his head and smiled as he clapped Ron on the back and the two headed in search of an empty compartment.

-->