The Adventure

RowlingIdol

Rating: R
Genres: Romance, Humor
Relationships: Draco & Ginny
Book: Draco & Ginny, Books 1 - 7
Published: 09/11/2010
Last Updated: 25/03/2011
Status: Completed

Returning to Hogwarts after the defeat of Voldemort proves to be an adventure in life and love for Draco Malfoy and Ginny Weasley. Humor, Drama, Mystery and most importantly Romance ensue! Please read!

1. Paper Planes


The Adventure

By RowlingIdol

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. I don't own the song `Paper Planes'. This chapter contains a drug reference and slight language. Review if you wish! They are most appreciated.

Chapter 1: Paper Planes

The sound of trunks rattling woke Draco Malfoy with a jolt. He raised his hands and rubbed at his face. The rocking of the Hogwarts Express must have lulled him to sleep. Looking out the window he leaned his head back and sighed. He didn't want to be here, he thought watching the rolling landscape pass by. He shouldn't be here. The moment he had stepped on the train only several hours earlier he had regretted his decision. Well, it wasn't ALL his decision….

~*~*~*~

“He is GOING!” Lucius Malfoy told his wife sternly, banging his cane on the marble floor of one of the manor's many parlors.

`I am not going to have my son be a…. a Wizarding School DROP-OUT!” Lucius spat the last word. Narcissa sniffed on the couch and dabbed at her eyes.

“I don't want him to leave, Lucius!” Narcissa pleaded from the loveseat she sat on. Draco hung his head in the corner of the room, trying to ignore his parents.

“We…. We could spend some time together!” Narcissa almost wailed, dabbing at her eyes with a very wet lacy handkerchief. “There's nothing holding us back! We…. We could….” She paused and took a breath before uttering her suggestion. “We could go on a picnic!”

Draco looked up at his father and swear he saw him age 20 years in front of his eyes at the mere word of such a Muggle activity.

“A WHAT?” Lucius practically roared.

“Its almost the end of summer….”

“We are doing no such thing! The only family outing we are going to have is a trip to the robe and bookstores! HE IS GOING!!!” Lucius burst out. He banged his cane once more on the floor before turning on his heel and striding quickly from the room. Narcissa burst into sobs and collapsed onto the couch. Draco waited until he knew his father was out of earshot and went over to console his mother.”

“It's for only half a term, Mother.” Draco whispered, laying a hand on her shoulder. Narcissa sat up and patted at her hair before attending to her tear stained face.

“I want you home with me…. But you've heard your father. You are to go back to school.” Narcissa blubbered.

“I understand Mother. I….. I will go.” Draco said. Narcissa sniffed some more and she nodded.

“I will make an appointment with the robe shop tomorrow.” She said, standing up and smoothing her dress. She patted at her hair once more before leaving the room.

“What are you looking at?“ He hear her sneer at a passing house elf. He sighed and slumped onto the loveseat his mother had just occupied. He was going back to school. To Hogwarts. Durmstrang had been an option but after missing out on practically his entire 7th year, they refused to accept him as a transfer.

“Back to Hogwarts….” He muttered to himself. Hogwarts. Bloody fucking hooray.

~*~*~*~

The sound of a quickly opening and slamming door jolted Draco once more, this time from his thoughts and not sleep. The girl who had entered his train cabin had her back pressed against the back of the door, head tilted back, eyes closed, breathing heavily. After a minute, she opened her eyes and realized, the empty cabin she had bolted into wasn't empty at all.

~*~*~*~

“…And then I told Neville that we'd have to have lunch sometime while we were at school. Oh I can't wait to be back!” Hermione squealed into Ron's ear, making him cringe. Hermione gasped.

“Did you just cringe away from me Ronald?” She snapped.

“Not at all my love.” Ron spluttered quickly. “I'm um… just sore from sitting so long.” He lied.

“Well that's quite all right. We can lay out in the common room once we're there. Doesn't that sound lovely Harry?” She said turning to her friend sitting across from her.

“Hmm? What?” Harry asked, turning away from the window he had been staring out for the last few hours.

“Oh never mind.” Hermione said, waving her hand at him.

“Ginny what do you think?” Hermione asked her friend.

“Fine enough for you three, but I'm here for an actual term.” Ginny replied.

“Did we REALLY have to come back Mione?” Ron moaned.

“Yeah.” Harry chimed in. “I mean you'd think that with all we've gone through they just could have given us diplomas and let us go on our merry ways.”

Ron grinned and held up his free hand for a high five which Harry obliged to slap. Hermione gave Ron's other hand a hard squeeze.

“Geez woman!” Ron said, ripping his hand away and nursing it.

“While a free pass may be enough for you two, I for one, want to achieve my diploma properly. And besides, us `8th years' only have to attend half a term. Which means we need to start studying for our NEWTS right away!”

“But I thought we could relax tonight…” Ron whined. Hermione rolled her eyes.

“Fine. Starting tomorrow.” Hermione said glumly, folding her arms across her chest.

“Will you be joining us for dinner Ginny?” Harry asked, turning to the girl next to him. Ginny looked over at him and immediately regretted doing so. He was sitting too close to her, his right hand inches away from her left.

She quickly drew her hands into her lap.

“Most likely. I don't know which ones of my friends from my year are returning.”

`I will save you a seat.” He said softly. “Next to me of course.” He said even softer.

Ginny didn't reply.

~*~*~*~

Ever since Voldemorts death and the long, hard summer Ginny and her family, and practically everyone else in the Wizarding world, were slowly piecing their lives back together. With the loss of Fred things were very hard, especially for George. His spirits were slowly lifting. Near the end of summer he had begun tiring the whole family with jokes along the lines of: Speak up! I can't hear you! He would then cup the empty scarred spot on the side of his head where his ear was missing and speak in the voice of an elderly wizard. It was funny, but still, without his partner in crime, it was apparent he was hurting.

Her mother continued to fuss over Harry, trying to push them back together again. Ginny knew Harry wanted it. She wasn't sure if she did too. She was forced on awkward double dates with him over the summer, making her feelings that much more mixed.

Harry had confessed to her how he felt about her. About how he had feared for her while she had battled Bellatrix Lestrange. How he had wanted to help her attend to those who had been wounded in the great battle of Hogwarts. It was all flattering at first, but she had a feeling in the pit of her stomach that it was all too much. Too much fame. Too much expectation.

“Are you all right Gin?” Harry asked, shaking her from her thoughts. Ron and Hermione stared from their seat across from her in their train cabin.

“Yeah… Yeah I'm fine. I just….. Need some air.” she said. She stood up and reached for the door of the cabin.

“Do you want me to go with you?” Harry asked hopefully.

“No no I'm fine.” She replied quickly.

She exited into the hallway, shutting the door behind her. She moved quickly to the end of the car, in a hurry to reach the doors leading to the other cars, which would allow her to be outside, with the rush of the wind. She was halfway down the corridor when she heard a door open behind her. She could feel eyes on the back of her head. She turned her head quickly and saw Harry watching her. He gave a quick wave which she returned before speed walking the rest of the way down the hall. When she heard the click of the cabin door and footsteps begin behind her she began searching for the closest empty cabin. Shadows of students inside, voices and laughter coming through the doors alerted her where not to go. At the far end of the car, right before the exit to the next car was an empty cabin. She flung the door open and shut it quickly behind her.

She closed her eyes and leaned back against the door. She breathed heavily. Why did he have to follow her? Couldn't he tell she just wanted to be alone? She opened her eyes and realized with a start, that her attempt to be alone had failed. Miserably.

~*~*~*~

She stood there staring at him. He stared back too for a while before leaning back against his seat. She opened her mouth so say something when-

“Ginny?” Came a voice from out in the hallway.

“Shit.” She whispered. She slid away from the door and sat on the unoccupied seat and held her breath. A tall shadow paused outside the door of the cabin before moving along to the next car.

They sat there in silence. Nothing being said. Was there anything to be said anyways? She should probably just get up and walk out of the cabin without a word. After all, being in the same train cabin as Draco Malfoy wasn't exactly where she was expecting to find herself.

There was a rustle from the opposite corner of the cabin where Draco sat. He was reaching into his robe pocket, a grim look on his face. She took in a sharp intake of breath. Was he reaching for his wand? A poisoned potion? Was he going to kill her stone cold as she sat feet from him? It was then he looked up at her.

~*~*~*~

The red headed Weasley girl had just invaded his train cabin. His little hell hole of sanctuary interrupted. He looked at her and she looked back. He turned his head away after a minute and stared out the window, leaning his head back against his seat.

The girl seemed to relax a bit before becoming stiff again. Draco's ears perked up at the noise outside in the corridor.

“Ginny?” called the unmistakable voice of Harry Potter. The girl's eyes widened.

“Shit.” she whispered, sliding into the seat next to the door in the corner opposite him. The shadow of Potter outside the cabin made Draco's heart drop into his stomach. He wasn't ready to face him after all that had gone on. The Room of Requirement fiasco where his good friend Crabbe had lost his life. The panic at his home. Not now. He knew he couldn't avoid it forever, but Merlin not now.

The sound of the whistling wind from outside was let in as Potter moved on to the text train car. The halls were quiet again. The girl sat there. How annoying. Wouldn't she just go away? He didn't need a cabin mate, let alone her. He reached into his robe pocket. Among the rustling from his pocket he heard her take in a sharp breath. He looked up.

She looked like she was awaiting something terrible, her eyes wide as she watched his pocket. Draco softly snorted as he withdrew a cardboard box from him pocket and flipped open the lid. The girl's shoulders relaxed as she felt she wasn't in any immediate danger.

Draco plucked out a white paper stick from the box and held it between his lips. He placed the box back in his pocket and withdrew a red plastic tube. He flipped back the lid, cupped his hands around his mouth, and proceeded to light his cigarette.

He took a long drag and blew it out slowly and carefree. It was still his cabin car, he would do as he pleased.

The girl let out a wimpy cough and wrinkled her nose. He stared at her, a look of “you've got to be kidding me” written on his face. Her cheeks tinted pink. He turned his head away from her and stared out the window, smoke trailing from the cigarette ever so slowly.

“Didn't expect to see you here.” she spoke lightly, breaking the silence. He turned back to her, her head hung low, feet shuffling on the floor. She looked up and peeked through her long red curls, her eyes awaiting an answer. Fine. He was bored. He'd play her game.

“I could say the same to you.” He drawled. He took a drag on his cigarette and forcefully blew the smoke out, in her direction.

“I meant… I mean…. You…. Here… On the train…. Not um… Me…. Being here…. In your cabin.” She stuttered.

Draco snorted.

“Yeah well…. Wasn't like I had a choice.” He replied.

“I know what you mean.” She said, sighing and getting comfortable in her seat.

“Puh-lease.” Draco said. “Spare me your sob story. I know very well you could have just accepted a free pass and a fancy job wherever you wanted with no questions asked or eyebrows raised.”

The girl frowned.

“That's my brother, Harry, and Hermione you're talking about.” She said defensively. “Not me. I'm an official 7th year. They're 8th years.”

Draco laughed.

“So that's what they're calling us?”

She went pink.

“Well its what you are. All of last years remaining 7th years were given invitations to complete the schooling they missed out on in half a term. They could take it or leave it. Some did, some didn't. I didn't have a choice.”

Draco was silent. She was right. Some did have the choice, some didn't. Goyle decided not to go back to school and his family didn`t press the subject. Blaise decided to get into Wizarding real estate and make some money instead of heading back to school. His mother had connections so he needed not re-think going back to school.

“And besides, its not fair to group in last years 7th year students with this years….. Given the circumstances.”

She was right again. Draco couldn't argue. He had sat thinking about the same subject after he first boarded the train. The school had parts of it destroyed. It was being fixed as they made their way there, but it was repaired enough to accommodate students. Despite all the events of the previous school year, those who had stayed had still received the education they needed to move up in the school. Those who had left had missed out and had to be calculated into a new category of students, 8th years.

“I mean I left at one point….” The girl spoke again. “But I did go back. And my book list was for 7th year classes, so I guess they allowed me to continue on instead of holding me back to finish what I missed.”

She was just rambling now.

“What about Potter?” He asked. Her eyes narrowed.

“What about him?”

~*~*~*~

That jerk. Why did he have to bring up Harry? Was he just trying to get to him through her? She shook her head. Voldemort was gone. Death Eaters were no more, with no master to follow. It was just her imagination. She had to try to not to be paranoid. She had seen what being paranoid all the time had done to Harry, and she didn't want to subject herself to that depression.

“Why is he here? Going back to school.” Draco answered, flicking ash onto the carpet of the train cabin.

“Hermione made him.” Ginny said, smiling at the memory. When the letters inviting the three to return to Hogwarts had arrived at the Burrow, Ron had ceremoniously thrown his away. Hermione then made a huge fuss, brought Ginny's mother into the matter, and nagged at Ron profusely before breaking him down into returning. At that point, Ron declared Harry had to go too. Ginny could tell that Harry wasn't pleased about returning to Hogwarts, given his memories of the place. Ginny had a funny feeling part of the reason he returned, besides Ron and Hermione, was her.

~*~*~*~

“I see…” Draco said. Of course the mudblood bookworm had rounded Potter and Weasley into returning to school.

“I wish he hadn't….” the Weasley girl admitted. Draco sat straight up.

“Really?” He asked, his interest piqued.

“Yes, really. Why do you think I'm still in this cabin?” she said, very animated at the topic. “I swear you'd think I had something growing out of the side of my head the way he just STARES at me! And he FOLLOWED me! That's why I ducked in here. No way I'm going back to that cabin with those three.” She said, crossing her arms across her chest and falling back into her seat.

Draco saw her cheeks tint pink once again. He smirked. It was kind of funny.

“So you'd rather stay in a cabin with Murderer Malfoy than with Saint Potter?” He drawled, smirk still playing at his lips.

The color in her cheeks darkened as she looked down at her faded brown loafers.

“Anywhere is better than there.” She mumbled.

Draco smiled. He found it fascinating that this girl found Potter annoying. She'd rather sit in a smoky train cabin with him than be subject to another minute of Potters brooding.

“Sorry.” she mumbled again.

“It's all right.” Draco drawled. “You're all right.” He said, pointing his cigarette in her direction.

The girl blushed again for a moment before her face froze and she stared up at him. She sniffed the air. Her face twisted in disapproval.

“Those aren't cigarettes are they?” She accused.

Draco laughed.

“Sticks and stones and weed and bones.” He replied carefree.

She made a face at him.

“A little poison for the system. That's all.” Draco said, taking out the cardboard box and offering it to her.

“No thanks.” She said, shaking her head. He shrugged and slid the box back into his pocket. They ignored each other the rest of the ride.

~*~*~*~

As the Hogwarts Express pulled into the school station, Ginny hurried out to the platform to await her luggage. The sun was setting and it was beginning to get dark. Students of every size bustled here and there, wondering where they were to go. Ginny's battered trunk was brought to her and she hurried to the castle only to be stopped.

“Ginny there you are! We've been looking all over for you!” Came Harry's voice. Harry, Ron and Hermione rushed over to her, their luggage trailing behind them on carts.

“Are you all right? I was so worried.” Harry said as they got closer.

“I'm fine.” Ginny said.

“Phew Ginny! What HAVE you been doing! You smell like wizard hash!” Ron said loudly. Ginny heard snickering and she turned her head to see Draco Malfoy stride pass with his luggage, a smile on his face. She glowered at his back as he walked away.

“Ronald! What a thing to say!” Hermione said, slapping at Ron's arm.

Ginny went red with embarrassment and anger.

“You're so mean to your sister! I don't tell YOU how much YOUR second-hand robes smell like sweat and burnt garbage!” Hermione was saying to her boyfriend as they made their way to the castle.

Ron gasped.

“My robes do NOT smell like that!” He said defensively. He sniffed at his sleeve.

Ginny sighed, avoided Harry's gaze, grabbed her trunk and proceeded to follow them up to the castle.

~*~*~*~

Author's Note: Okay so a new story, a new direction. I'm naming chapters after songs that are inspiring me to write this story and adding in lyrics from the songs into their respective chapters. Hope this is interesting for all you readers. Let me know what you think please! With this being a new story, opinions are greatly appreciated. :)

-->

2. That's Not My Name


The Adventure

By RowlingIdol

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. I don't own the song `That's Not My Name'. This chapter contains a drug reference and slight language. Review if you wish! They are most appreciated.

Chapter 2: That's Not My Name

The first day back at school was awkward. Usually there was always sort of an aura in the air. An anxious aura of the students rushing to their new classes. Today's aura was that of nerves. First year students traveled in packs. Ginny even saw one first year holding the hand of a very annoyed Prefect on the way to class. The kid had looked terrified though, no doubt fearing that a dead body would fall out of a passing broom closest, leftover from the battle of Hogwarts.

Ginny chuckled to herself over the thought of a dead body falling out of a closest, the first years screaming in a panic. She shouldn't be laughing, she though to herself. Maybe she was doing it because of her own nerves. Luna hadn't returned to school as she wished she had. She was going off adventuring with her father. Neville was there, but his case was completely different.

Neville was the Herbology Professor's Assistant. A part time job if you will. However, he was no longer classified as a student. She would see him later that day. She chuckled again at the thought of Neville's clumsiness. She envisioned walking into class and finding him trapped inside a giant Venus Fly Trap.

“Something funny Weasley?” a voice drawled to her left.

Ginny was startled by the voice, but she knew too well who it was. She frowned at Draco as she found him walking next to her.

“Yes actually.” she huffed, speeding up her pace to get rid of him.

“That's odd…. I didn't hear anyone tell a joke.” He sneered. Ginny stopped and turned to glare at him.

“You're lucky I don't report you for smoking hash on the train over here!” She accused, hugging her books to her chest.

“I will have you know that Ron kept sniffing me at breakfast this morning! No thanks to you!”

“You're not going to report me.” Draco said lazily. “You're too much of a goody two shoes.”

Ginny went red in the face.

“I. Am. Not.” Ginny said sternly

“Prove it.” Draco hissed.

Ginny paused and anxiously tapped her foot.

“I'm saving it until you do something really bad. Then I will tell.” She said finally, holding her head in the air.

Draco golf clapped his hands.

“Bravo! Weasley has learned the art of blackmail!” He said sarcastically. He smirked at her and continued on to class.

Ginny stood in the hallway, students beginning to brush past her in their hurry to reach their next class before the bells rang.

He was such a jerk! She probably should go and tell a professor right now, but then she'd be late for class herself. Maybe after lunch… Or dinner….

Oh hell, she was a goody two shoes.

~*~*~*~

“I'm sorry Ginny! I really am!” Neville Longbottom continued to apologize as Ginny left the greenhouse, a stain of goo covering the front of her robes.

“I already told you Neville, it's all right.” Ginny said. She scooped some of the goo off her robes and shook it off her hands into the grass.

“I guess I still have a lot to learn.” Neville said, hanging his head as he caught up to Ginny on her way back to the castle. The other students from the class that had just let out were making their way to lunch.

“It was your first day. You're going to make a great professor one day. Trust me.” Ginny said, turning to face her friend. Neville went red.

“Thanks Ginny. And again, I'm sorry. I didn't think I was squeezing the plant that hard….”

“I think I got most of it anyways.” Ginny said.

“Well, I'd love to sit with all of you again, but I have to sit with the other teachers.” Neville said glumly. “But at the Hogsmeade trips Professor Sprout said I'm welcome to go with you guys…. If…. You're going that is.”

“I didn't even know there were going to be Hogsmeade trips this year.” Ginny said. “After… well…. You know.” Ginny shrugged. Neville nodded.

“Yeah well from what I've heard its mostly a means to allow everyone to relax, get over all that happened. My gran always said shopping made her feel better….. Granted she didn't really have good taste for all those antiques she bought….. It did seem to make her happy.”

Ginny smiled.

“Shopping would be nice. Plus a trip to the Three Broomsticks…” Ginny sighed wistfully.

“Well its in a few weeks so I will keep in touch for plans, all right?” Neville said, as they approached the Great Hall.

“Sure.” Ginny said with a smile.

Neville walked off, giving Harry, Ron, and Hermione a wave at their table before making his way to where the other teachers were.

“Oh Gin! What happened to your robes?!” Hermione cried out as Ginny approached.

“There were some issues in Herbology class today….” Ginny said, taking a seat next to Hermione, away from Harry.

“I take it Neville played a part in this?” Ron asked. He smiled at his sister.

“Of course. But its okay. First day jitters.” Ginny said. They all laughed lightly. Clumsy Neville!

She shrugged out of her stained robe and shook her red hair out of the ponytail it had been pulled in.

“Make sure you eat a good lunch Ginny, we have NEWT prep after this.” Hermione said before shoveling a large spoonful of mashed potatoes in her mouth.

“You mean you're in the same NEWT prep class?” Ginny said, slightly going pale.

“Of course!” Hermione said after swallowing. “They only offer one class. All 7th years, and 8th years, are in it.”

“Speaking of 8th years….” Ron said softly. “Did you know that Malfoy came back to school? That toad!”

The Golden Trio then proceeded to stare across the hall in Draco's direction.

“I bet he eats Doxy eggs for lunch.” Ron said. Hermione and Ginny both gave him a look.

“What?” Ron said. He then went red and went back to his food, muttering to himself- “He probably does…”

“I don't know why he had to come back.” Harry said loudly, shooting a glare across the hall. “Why didn't he stay home like the rest of the Slytherins?”

It was Ginny's turn to stare across the hall. Harry was right. Out of all of the house tables, Slytherins table was the most bare. A huddle of grimy looking first years sat on one end, some 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years, the largest variety out of the whole house, in what looked like a group of their own on the other end. The 5th, 6th and 7th years sat in the middle. And Draco. The only returning student. Sat all alone between the groups of the older students.

~*~*~*~

Draco's first class of the day was hell. Probably worse than hell, but he really wouldn't know. He felt like he had been held back. His morning classes consisted of him sitting in on 7th year classes. Followed by a grueling 2 hours of NEWT prep, and then one more 7th year class with Professor McGonagall.

The students in his morning classes ignored him. It was a shock, but still expected. When he had been at Hogwarts he seemed to rule the Slytherin house. Students of all ages in the Slytherin house looked up to him. He would crack smart ass jokes and remarks loudly in class. Granted he did get in trouble sometimes. Not including the whole `vanishing cabinet, killing Dumbledore' scenarios. How he wished he could forget those. He wasn't used to being snubbed.

He picked at his food in the Great Hall, dreading NEWT prep. He knew he'd be in the same room as Potter, and he hoped to avoid him as much as possible.

A loud voice echoed across the hall. Hermione was loudly greeting the Weasley girl as she approached their table.

“What happened to your robes?!” He managed to hear.

The three stared at the obvious stain on her robe and then smiled at her as if to say `its all right, these things happen'. The girl sat. They shared a quick laugh and then the girl took off her stained robe and set it beside her on the bench. With a shake of her head her loose curls feel around her shoulders. It made Draco think of silk red ribbons. Pretty silk red ribbons. Pretty……

Shit. He needed to stop thinking like that. Why was he thinking these kind of things? Malfoys didn't think things like that over penniless women, let alone Weasleys, who definitely needed to be considered halfpenny less for all it mattered to him. Or did it only matter to his parents?

“Bloody hell.” He muttered to himself. Maybe he needed to lay of the hash.

He heard Harry said something loudly about Slytherins but kept his head down.

After a few moments he felt funny, like someone was staring at him. He looked up and down the Slytherin table but he was being completely ignored. He glanced up at the teachers table. Professor McGonagall saw him and gave him a short nod. Neville had apparently spilled his drink over some papers and was trying to clean it up.

His eyes came upon the Gryffindor table next and suddenly it was apparent who had been staring. Even though he had only glanced recently enough to see her eyes flick quickly to her plate, the color of her face was a plain giveaway.

~*~*~*~

Shit. He had caught her staring. She was such an idiot. Why was she even caring about him being all alone and ignored? He had been nothing but rude to her and her family over the years. He was the biggest jerk of all time. He didn't deserve her thoughts.

“Are you ready for class?” Hermione asked Ginny, excitedly reaching for her stuffed book bag.

“Sure.” Ginny said, hoping her face wasn't as red.

“You all right?” Harry asked, coming over and reaching for Ginny's book bag.

“Yeah I'm fine.” She replied quickly.

“Your face looks a bit red. Are you feeling well?”

Ginny sighed. Curse her blushing.

“Yeah just nervous. NEWTs are very important after all.” She lied.

~*~*~*~

Harry toted Ginny's book bag to the NEWT prep class held in an old Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. The classroom was very full.

“Oh poo, all the good seats are taken!” Hermione said as they crowded around the doorway. Of course, Hermione meant that all the front seats were occupied. She sighed.

“I suppose we have to sit in the back then.” She trudged towards an open seat. Harry and Ron high fived behind her back. Ginny pretended to be occupied looking around the room while she waited for seats to be taken.

As usual, Hermione seated herself closest to the center of the blackboard, with Ron on her right, who insisted Harry sit on his right. Ginny would have taken the seat to Hermione's left but it was occupied by some blonde who was chatting avidly with the girl in front of her. The class was filling fast.

“Take a seat take a seat! Hurry hurry hurry!” Called the teacher. Hermione looked up at that point.

“Oh Ginny! You're going to have to sit elsewhere!” Hermione said sadly, aware of the seating predicament.

“It's okay, I can sit here.” she said, taking a seat two rows back from the trio, one from the back. She made sure she was angled away from Harry. The only way he could stare at her longingly now would be if he could rotate his head like an owl. Success. Or was it?

~*~*~*~

Draco had snuck into the NEWT prep class behind with a group of chatting students, who weren't aware of his presence. The ministry wizard hosting the class was preparing a stack of thick pamphlets to pass around to students.

“Take a seat take a seat! Hurry hurry hurry!” The wizard called to the students. Draco spied the messy black hair of Potter and took a roundabout way around the classroom, making his way to the far back corner of the class where he wouldn't be noticed.

The students around him continued to chat loudly. Draco hid his face behind his fancy leather book bag, trying to hide because Potter had turned around in his seat.

“Pay attention pay attention please!” The teacher called. “You are all old enough to keep track of your belongings so I expect you NOT to lose this pamphlet!” He handed a stack of pamphlets to the student at the front of each row for them to pass back. He could see Granger's hideously poofy hair bouncing in her anticipation to get her book.

A student a couple of seats forward groaned at the heaviness of the book. When it was his turn to receive the book he was greeted by warm brown eyes which quickly turned dark the second they met his.

“What are you, stalking me?” Girl Weasley hissed at him, allowing the heavy book to drop loudly on his desk. Students turned at the sound. He was now noticed by the entire class. His eyes flicked briefly to Harry. He looked as if he was ready to get up out of his seat and the sight of where he was seated. Oh that's right, didn't the girl mention yesterday on the train that Potter had some sick fascination with getting back with her that she didn't share? The memory was vague (he really needed to lay off the hash) but he was sure of the fact. He grabbed his book, opened it, and hid behind it. The teacher cleared his throat and started droning on about the basics of what they'd be expecting with their NEWTs.

~*~*~*~

The teacher passed out a couple of pages of sample questions which made even Hermione cringe near the end of the class. They were to go over them and turn them in by next week. No doubt Hermione would have hers turned in early. But the worst part of the class had yet to come.

“I am pairing you up.” The wizard announced. An uproar of cheers and groans echoed around the classroom. The teacher held up his hands to get their attention.

“Let me finish let me finish!” He said. “I am pairing you up, for THIS assignment. Not the whole class.” He announced. The students calmed down. A week wasn't so bad compared to previous classes where they had been paired the entire term, take Potions for example.

The teacher took the roll list and started pairing people off. Ron and Hermione got paired together. Harry got paired (to his disappointment) a Ravenclaw boy (to his delight).

`please please please no no no' Draco heard the girl in front of him whisper. `anyone but him…'

“Miss Weasley?” The teacher called. Ginny raised her hand. The teacher glanced at his roll sheet then behind her.

“Miss Weasley you will be paired with Mr. Malfoy.” The teacher read out, scribbling down the decision on his grade sheet.

Harry, Ron and Hermione proceeded to stare in his direction. Ron glared and made faces at Draco. Harry just blankly stared at him before turning his gaze (painfully) to Ginny. He and Hermione were giving her a `I'm so sorry! Study with us!' look. The girl kind of shrugged.

Draco cleared his throat a little. She turned around.

“Damn Weasley you look like you've been sentenced to death.” He drawled slowly. She glared at him.

“I have a name you know.” She snapped. Draco paused.

`Shit I don't remember her name!' Draco suddenly remembered.

“Am I really so bad to be paired with?' he changed the subject.

“You are such a pig Malfoy.” The girl sneered.

“Mmm…. I do enjoy bacon.” Draco said, smirking. The girl tutted and turned back around.

The bell rang signaling freedom of the class. She quickly stood up and reached for her book bag.

“So Weasley-” He began. Her head snapped up.

“That's not my name.” She said angrily.

“Sure it is!” He said, grinning evilly.

“No. Weasley is what you call my brother. If we're going to be study partners this week you better stop calling me that.” She said, pointing a finger at him. He wasn't fazed.

“Whatever you say Weasel.” He said, brushing past her. She stood at her desk for a moment before shouting after him.

“That's not my name!!!”

~*~*~*~

The morning of the next day went a lot better than previous morning. Ginny wasn't splattered with magical plant goo and Neville let slip the date of the upcoming Hogsmeade trip, two weeks from next week. Ginny made a reminder to herself to make plans with Hermione.

“You are so lucky you have me.” Hermione sickenly cooed to Ron at the lunch table.

“These questions are so stupid!” Ron said, slapping down the sample NEWT question sheet. “I hope Harry's having better luck than me. Then I can copy off of him.”

There was a slapping noise as Hermione hit Ron's arm.

“Owwww!!!” He cried out.

“Ronald you KNOW you can't cheat on the NEWTs!”

“Harry would let me cheat….” Ron mumbled. Hermione glared at Ron and tossed her hair, going back to her sample sheet.

“Will you let me cheat off your sheet?” Ron asked Ginny.

“No! I have enough problem as it is with Malfoy for a partner. I don't need you bothering me. I'm going to be on my own with this one…” she said solemnly.

If she had been partnered with anyone else she wouldn't have to do the study sheet on her own but it was apparent that Malfoy wanted nothing to do her, and she him. Therefore, she was on her own the assignment.

It was quiet at the table as the three of them studied and ate. Harry was still off in the library with Travis, the 7th year from Ravenclaw.

“Hey Weasley.” Came a voice from down the table. “You got a minute?”

Ron glowered at the approaching voice.

“For you Malfoy?” Ron snarled. “I don't even have a second.”

“Ronald!” Hermione hissed.

“Not you Weasley.” Draco said, glaring back at Ron. “This Weasley.” Draco said, looking at Ginny.

“I told you, that's not my name.” Ginny said.

`What was her name again?' Draco thought quickly.

He remembered hearing her being called a drink… An alcoholic kind.

`Wonder what that's about….' He thought.

`Mead? Tonic? Vodka? Maybe she's good at drinking games. I'd like to see that….. No, no…. Don't think about that! Something else. Something with a `Juh' sound. Jane? No that didn't sound right. Mary? No, that was her mother's name… or was it Molly…..'

“Hello? I'm talking to you!” the girl said loudly, interrupting his thoughts.

“Whatever. Do you want to study or not?” He snapped, folding his arms across his chest.

“That depends on who you're asking.” Ginny shot back.

`Damn it this bitch isn't caving on this name issue' Draco thought.

“I'm asking you, darling.” He said, smiling in an evilly sweet sort of way.

“Are you calling me `DARLING'?!” She practically shrieked.

“I know you just didn't call my baby sister `darling' you prick!” Ron said, standing up.

“Ron! Calm down! You're causing a scene!” Hermione said, pulling on Ron's sleeve, trying to get him to sit back down.

“It's okay Ron.” Ginny said. “I've got this handled.” She turned to Draco.

“Fine. Library. Tomorrow. After lunch.” She said. She grabbed her belongings in a hurry and stalked out of the Great Hall in a huff.

~*~*~*~

Ginny sat at a table in a far corner of the library, a large stack of books in the center. She peeked around the stack and stared at a table several down from hers. She could barely make out the top of her brothers head over the many stacks of books littering his and Hermione's table.

She sighed and peeked around the other stack of the book, eyes trained on the door. She glanced at her faded Velcro strap watch. He should have been here by now, that pompous jerk. Making her wait. She had taken the time out of her schedule to meet here to study for that Merlin awful NEWT prep assignment and he was late. She should have known.

“Looking for someone Red?”

Ginny jumped in her seat and turned around. Draco was standing behind her chair, his arms full of more books.

“You scared me.” She said, glancing at the books in his arm.

“Sorry.” He said, shrugging. He set the books down on the table, dust rising out from beneath them, causing Ginny to sneeze.

“Bless you.” She barely heard him say.

“What did you say?” She asked him quickly.

“Bless you. You sneezed.” He said hurridly.

“Before that.” she said.

“Uh….”

“Did you say you were….. Sorry?” Ginny asked, whispering the last word. Draco just shrugged.

“And that's not my name by the way.” Ginny said, leaning back in her seat, glancing sideways at him

“Darn.“ Draco said in a `it doesn't matter' tone. Ginny glared at him over the new stack of books.

“Whatever. Do you want to split up the sample questions? Or do you just want to work on them all together?” She suggested.

“Whatever you want J.” Draco said. Ginny raised an eyebrow at him. He sure was weird. Maybe he was high again.

“Fine. I'll take the first ten. You take the other.” She said.

~*~*~*~

Hours passed in silence as they rummaged through book after book, trying to find answers for their questions. Ginny had only answered three of hers and she suspected Draco hadn't even finished one. She couldn't tell because of the stack of books between them.

Her head buried in a book she looked up quickly after feeling something bounce off her head. She stared around her, looking for what had been the cause. She shifted in her seat, causing a paper swan to fall to the floor. She frowned and picked it up.

She sat up a bit and peeked over the smaller stack of books. Her mouth fell open in horror.

“Is that what you have been doing this entire time????” She hissed.

“Maybe…..” Draco drawled, an army of origami swans littering his side of the table.

“I can't believe I got stuck working on this VERY important assignment with YOU! Of ALL people!” Ginny said loudly.

Madam Pince shushed fiercely in her direction causing her to shrink back into her chair.

“Aw come on, bird.” Draco said softly. Ginny continued to glare at him. “We had fun on the train up here. What happened?”

Ginny's mouth fell open again.

“You were as high as a kite on the train and you damn well know it!” she hissed.

“Not the entire time.” He said, winking. Ginny's mouth continued to fall open.

“You're high now aren't you?'

“No! What makes you think that?” He said taken aback.

“How you're acting! You never gave me or any of my family a damn and now you're trying to be all `buddy buddy' with me. Well its NOT working!”

There was silence for a few minutes between the two.

“And I did NOT have fun on the train over here.”

More silence.

“Not even a little bit?” Draco asked.

“Yes.” She hissed.

`Okay well it kind of had been fun. In an odd sort of way….' She thought to herself. They hadn't spoken much, not much had gone on, but they had managed not to eat each other on the ride to school. Perhaps since they had survived the train ride they could learn to survive the week. `As long as that slacker gets to work on this damn assignment!' She thought. She shook her head and went back to working on her forth question.

Another paper swan, this one smaller, dive bombed the stack of books and into the book Ginny was reading. Ginny sighed and pushed it away.

“Are you not going to read it?” came a voice from the other side of the stack of books.

Ginny sighed loudly and slapped down her quill. She unfolded the paper bird and read one word:

Hi

“Hi.” Ginny said aloud, annoyed. She tossed the paper aside.

Another swan dive bombed. How was he launching those things? She picked up the second one and opened it as well.

How many questions have you finished

“More than you have.” Ginny said smartly.

Another swan bomb.

Wanna bet? Show me

Ginny sighed again, tired of his stupid weirdo Slytherin probably hash induced game.

She held up her paper over the stack of books to show him.

“See? Now get to work.” She told the stack of books he was hiding behind. Draco's blonde head came up from behind the stack of books. He held up his paper, his selection of ten questions fully answered. Ginny's mouth was beginning to feel sore from all the falling open it was doing.

“You're done?” She said.

“Yeah. It was pretty easy for me.” Draco said.

“Then why did you stay here if you were finished? Why didn't you go off and annoy your friends instead of staying here and annoying me?”

The look on Draco's face made Ginny regret what she had said. She remembered the previous day and how alone he had looked at the Slytherin lunch table.

“I'm…. I'm sorry. That was rude of me to say.” She said, looking down at her open books.

“It's all right. You're right. I don't have any friends.” Draco said quietly.

“I'm sure you have friends….” Ginny started.

“Not here I don't.” He said. “No one wants to be around me after all my family and I have done. A perfect example is you.”

There was silence. Ginny twirled her quill between her hands.

“Well. It's true you've done lot of bad things…. And your Aunt almost killed me.”

“Well your mom killed my Aunt.” He shot back. Ginny frowned.

“Look. Our families have always had differences….” she started again. Draco snorted.

“Big differences.” He said.

“Right.” Ginny said. “Big differences. But I don't see why people just can't move on from everything. I'm trying to. After my brother died… Well…. That's what I've been trying to do. Move on.” Tears welled up in her eyes. She looked away, hoping he wouldn't see.

“I'm trying to move on from Harry. From what my parents expect of us. Harry and I, I mean. Move on from the war. I want to be my own person. The battles changed me. Changed my family. Changed a lot of people. Is it so wrong to think that it could change other people too?”

~*~*~*~

Draco thought hard about what she had said. Was she implying that she thought he had changed too? Or was she just rambling like she had on the train?

“No.” Draco said after a while. “It's not wrong.”

“It's just how I see it….” She mumbled.

“I'm glad you do.” He said. He couldn't tell if it was the light in the dim library but he thought he saw her smile. God she was pretty when she smiled.

A book collided with his forehead.

“Are you okay?” she asked him wide eyed. He had just smacked himself in the head with a massive tome.

“I'm fine.” He said, shaking off his thoughts. She gave him a weird look before returning to her paper. He felt awkward sitting there now. It hadn't been a problem when she still thought he was working on his sample questions. But now he felt it was too much. He decided to press the envelope and stay there. After all, she had stayed in the train cabin long after Potter had stopped looking for her.

Another few hours later, Ginny had finished her paper. They swapped their papers to get the answers they missed. They left their book bags at their table as they went to put their books back.

“Are you sure you didn't have even a lints worth of fun on the train?” Draco pressed, carrying the larger stack of books. Ginny went red in the face.

“It was kind of fun. On the run from Potter…. Hiding from him…. Causing him at that panic…. You know he probably was about to send a search party….” Draco whispered. Ginny stifled a giggle badly. It came out anyways. He was funny.

“All right all right….. It was a lints worth of fun.” she said.

“So what are you doing two weekends from next week.” Draco said. Ginny nearly dropped her books.

“Wh-wh-wha-what?” She spluttered, eyes blinking rapidly.

“What are you doing two weekends from next?” Draco said again, this time slower.

“Probably going to Hogsmeade with Hermione…. Why.” Ginny said, eyeing Draco suspiciously.

“Well, since you had fun on the train, maybe we could have fun… there…. In…. town.” he trailed off.

Oh God he was digging his grave right then and there what the hell was he doing? What the hell was he saying? He REALLY needed to lay off the hash. Did he just ask the Weasley girl to Hogsmeade?

`It totally isn't a date!' His mind screamed. `I'm desperate for friends! Oh Merlin I'm a goner….'

“AS FRIENDS!” Draco shouted in the library. Madam Pince gave him a threatening look from around a nearby corner.

“As friends….” Ginny mulled. She had decided she was going to move on with her life. Get past the past. And she couldn't argue with the fact that Draco was being snubbed by the rest of the school and had no friends here.

“On TWO conditions.” she said. She set her books down on a shelf. She held up two fingers to Draco and ticked off her conditions.

“Number one: JUST as friends.” She said.

“And two: you have to properly ask me by name.” She smirked with her final request. Draco smirked back.

He had finally figured out a way to find out her name. When he had asked to see how many questions she had finished on her assignment he had looked at the upper corner of her paper for her name. She was looking at him with the satisfied assumption he was going to spout off some crazy name.

“Fine.” He said. He'd play her game.

“Ginny will you go to Hogsmeade with me… As friends.” He said.

“That's not-----” She had begun to say. She blushed a deep pink.

“All right. I'll go.” she said. She then turned on her heel and headed back to their table to retrieve her book bag.

~*~*~*~

Author's note: This chapter turned out WAY longer than I expected. I hope that's okay with people. I also hope people like this story so far. I know I do. Usually my stories haven't revolved around Draco and Ginny in school so it's a different direction for me. Did you understand the `lints worth of fun' lines? Like, you know, pocket lint? I don't know. That was the smallest thing I could think of besides `a dust spec worth of fun'. Please please please review. It would mean a lot to me! Thank you for reading.

-->

3. Hot N Cold


The Adventure

By RowlingIdol

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. I don't own the song `Hot N Cold'. This chapter contains slight language. Review if you wish! They are most appreciated.

Chapter 3: Hot N Cold

“Ginny? Ginny. Ginny!”

“Huh?”

“Are you even listening to me?”

Ginny shook her head and turned to her left. Hermione was waving a piece of paper in front of her face.

“I asked you a question!”

“Sorry.” Ginny mumbled, looking down. “I didn't hear it.”

“How did you get done so fast?” Hermione complained, waving Ginny's finished assignment in her face.

“I don't know. He did them so quickly… And I just barely got through mine.” Ginny said.

“Do you think he cheated?” Hermione whispered.

“No! No of course not! I was right there!” Ginny said defensively. Her hands clenched into fists.

“Geez Gin it was just question.” Ron said. “Here, lemme see your answer sheet!” Hermione whipped the paper out of Ron's grasp and handed it back to Ginny.

“You are not copying off anyone Ronald.” Hermione said. She slumped in her seat.

“I can't believe he did those so fast.” She muttered.

“I better check your answers Ginny.” Ron said, winking at his sister.

Ginny rolled her eyes and passed her paper over. Ron hurriedly started copying Draco's answers.

“Well you better be careful of him.” Harry said. “I know that…” He paused, a hard silence filling the room for several minutes. He swallowed hard. “I know that things are different now…. But please…. Be careful…. For me.”

There was more silence in the room. Even Ron had stopped his frantic scribbling for a moment.

“For us.” Harry said, noting the uncomfortable feeling in the air.

“Harry's right.” Hermione said. “We don't know if he can be trusted. Let's just keep a wary eye” She said.

“If I get a 100 on this assignment I definitely will trust his smarts.” Ron grinned, holding up his finished assignment.

Hermione gasped.

“RONALD! I told you- NO CHEATING!”

~*~*~*~

The following Monday the sample assignment was due. The teacher collected the papers from the assigned groups. He glanced at the papers and made comments to each group.

“Hmm hmm… Good effort…” He commented to some. “Ah mmmm… A little work on our penmanship hmmm yes?” The teacher said to Ron whose ears immediately flamed red.

“However, good answers…” He muttered, examining the paper closely. Ron beamed. Hermione glowered.

When the teacher collected Draco and Ginny's assignments he smiled at the papers and then at the two of them.

“Good job good job!” He said, admiring the papers. “I see I made a good choice in pairing you two up.” He nodded to them and continued on down the row of students.

“You call this an apostrophe? Oh dear oh dear….” He muttered.

“Please open your pamphlets and read the chapter on preparing quills and inkwells for the test. I will have your graded papers at the end of the next hour. Begin now.” He said, settling into his desk chair.

There were groans as students grudgingly got out their thick NEWT prep pamphlets. Hermione was whispering to Ron and Harry if they thought it would be okay if she read ahead, having already read the assigned chapter at breakfast.

“Psst.”

Ginny thought she heard something but she ignored it. She folded open her new pamphlet and smoothed the spine of the book so it would lay open easier.

“Psssssst…”

There is was again. There as probably a draft in the room. Or it could have been the noise of the construction of the castle outside.

“PSST!”

Ginny felt something hot on her left ear, her hair being blown by the motion, tickling her cheek. She turned her head only to find herself practically nose to nose with Draco.

“Stop that!” She said, leaning away from him.

“I was only trying to get your attention.” He said.

“What? No swans today?” She said. He smirked and leaned back in his desk.

“Oh there are swans today.” He said fully grinning now.

“Then where are they.” She said, annoyed.

“You'll find out later.” Was all he said, waving his hand in a carefree manner.

“Whatever. We're supposed to be reading.” she said, turning back around.

“But I didn't get to ask you my question yet.” He said. Ginny ignored him. He leaned forward as he had done previously, hovering behind her left shoulder. He blew at her ear. Her hair fluttered against her freckled cheek.

“I said stop it!” Ginny hissed moving away from him.

“Answer my question and maybe I will.” He said.

“Fine.” she said, grabbing her book and twisting in her seat to face Draco.

“So your brother seemed pleased about his assignment, did he not?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Ginny sighed and turned to look towards her brother and her friends. Harry had looked up and gave her an ear to ear smile. He then noticed her body twisted towards Draco, her open pamphlet lying on his desk. His eyes narrowed and he shot a look Draco's way, but Draco had already hidden his face behind his pamphlet. Harry frowned and turned back to his own book, his head occasionally turning in their direction.

“Fine. So he grabbed my assignment and MIGHT have copied…. A little.” Ginny admitted. Draco smirked from behind his pamphlet

“If it makes you feel any better, Hermione was sore that you finished the assignment before she did.” Ginny told the book.

“Really now?” Draco drawled, lowering the book, eyes sparkling. “Jealous huh?”

“She thinks YOU were the one that cheated.” Ginny told him smiling a little.

“Well, I had some NEWT prep before I came back to school….” Draco said.

“So you did cheat…” Ginny said, frowning. Draco frowned as well.

“No no. I didn't cheat. My mother hired a tutor to review my schoolings before I returned. She didn't want me to be behind when I returned to school.”

“Oh.” Ginny said. That made sense. Anything to get the Malfoy name back up into the good graces of society she assumed.

“Are you mad?” she whispered to him. She bit her lip and looked up at him. Draco felt a weird sensation run through his body.

It felt like a warm liquid had washed over him. It soothed him and made his muscles feel relaxed. He swear he could feel himself sliding down his chair. Was…. Was he… Melting?

`Snap out of it!' a voice in his head screamed. He sat straight up, spooking Ginny in the process. She jumped back at the quick motion.

“Oh…. Oh you are mad…” Ginny said, making a move to turn back around in her seat.

Before he knew what he was doing he reached out for her and touched her shoulder.

Her shoulder felt warm to him. He didn't have time to let his fingers linger because she had turned back around to face him.

“I'm not mad…. Sorry…” Draco said. “I just um…. Remembered something.” He said.

“Oh.” Ginny said, blinking her eyes a couple of times. Her curiosity got the better of her. “What?'

“That um… Well… Next weekend sure is coming up fast.” He said quickly. Ginny went red.

“That it is….” She murmured. She smiled to herself and turned back around in her seat.

Silence had finally taken over the classroom as students were immersed in reading the rules and regulations of how their quills and inkwells needed to be set up on their tables when it came for the NEWT testing day. There was also a long list of the ministry accepted quills and ink brands.

“Are you still going?” Came a voice close to Ginny's left ear again. She could feel her face become warm.

She nodded her head, her loose curls bobbing in response.

“Good.” Draco replied. Ginny was about to turn around again when the bell rang. Students clamored for their book bags.

“Wait wait please!” called the teacher. “'Please collect your graded assignment on the way out!”

Hermione made a beeline to the front, leaving Ron to collect her books for her.

Draco followed Ginny up to the front so they could get their assignment.

“Miss Weasley… Mr. Malfoy… Splendid jobs, splendid jobs!” the teacher said, smiling at them. Ginny took her assignment from the teacher and reveled in the red star scribbled at the top. She smiled at the teacher.

“Thank you.” She told him.

“You are very very welcome. And nice swans!” The teacher said.

Draco began to laugh, which he quickly tried to hide as a cough. Ginny frowned.

“Swans?” Ginny asked confused.

“Yes! Your hair!” The teacher said.

Ginny reached a hand up to her head and felt around. Somehow, Draco had tangled several of his mini paper swans amongst her curls. She turned and gave Draco a glare. He stared down at her, grinning widely. She hurried out of the classroom, running her fingers frantically through her hair as she went.

~*~*~*~

“So he didn't cheat.” Ginny said, plopping herself down in the Gryffindor common room.

“At this point, I don't care if he did. Look at my grade!” Ron announced, holding up his assignment. Hermione frowned at Ron before turning back to Ginny.

“How did you find this out?”

“I asked, obviously.” Ginny shrugged, like it was no big deal.

“His mother got him a tutor before he returned to school. He apparently went over some NEWT prep with the tutor.” Ginny said.

“Are you sure he wasn't lying to you?” Harry said, striding into the room.

“Why would he lie to me?” Ginny asked, frowning.

“I'm just saying Gin.” Harry said, hopping the back of the couch she and Hermione were sitting on, nestling himself between them. “He's not exactly the type of guy one can easily trust right away.”

Ginny folded her arms across her chest and inched slightly away from Harry.

“So Gin. What are you doing next weekend?” Harry prompted.

“Oh! Um…. Next weekend?” Ginny squeaked.

“Yeah. First Hogsmeade trip of the year!” He said.

“Yay! That means shopping for parchment!” Hermione squealed. Ron imitated vomiting behind Hermione to Harry and Ginny. They smiled. Hermione turned to face Ron who quickly stopped.

“Hooray!” Ron said in a fake attempt at enthusiasm, raising his arms in sort of a sarcastic cheer. Hermione beamed.

“I knew it was Hogsmeade weekend.” Ginny said. “I'm already going with…..” She froze. “People.” She blurted.

“Oh.” Harry said sadly.

“Well…. Would you like to go with me Sunday? Like…. To dinner?” Harry asked. Ginny froze again. She could feel Ron and Hermione's eyes on her.

“Um… Uh…. Okay I guess.” She stammered.

“Great!” Harry said. “I will um… make a reservation? That cool?” He asked, jumping up off the couch.

“Yeah, sure. Uh huh.” Ginny said, trying to look happy. Harry beamed and gave her a quick kiss on the top of her head before he headed towards the portrait hole.

“I've got to go talk to Professor McGonagall. I'll see you guys later!” He said.

“Later mate!” Ron said, waving after him.

“Bye guys. Bye Gin! Nice swans by the way.” He said, winking at her before leaving the common room.

Ginny's hands flew to her hair again. She had missed a couple of the birds.

“Fucking bastard!” She grumbled to herself, shaking her hair on her way up to her dorm room.

~*~*~*~

After a long weekend, classes resumed with the anxiousness of the upcoming fun weekend ahead. Students were allowed to go to Hogsmeade Saturday and Sunday, as long as they were back by curfew. Teachers would be in abundance, everyone still being wary of large group outings after the battles that had ensued not long ago.

Hermione was raving about how she couldn't wait to get her hands on the top grade inkwell listed in the NEWT prep handbook.

“To your seats everyone! Quickly quickly!” The NEWT prep teacher called. “Class has started!”

Ginny hurried back to her seat after quickly promising Hermione they'd go to the quill shop when they got to Hogsmeade.

The teacher began droning on about the dress code expected of those taking the NEWTs. Who knew wearing red could cause students to become disoriented and panicked during test taking? Ginny hoped her hair wouldn't be a problem.

There was a grumbling noise from behind Ginny. She turned and looked at Draco.

“You okay?” She asked.

“Oh I'm FINE.” Draco said rudely to her. She frowned and turned back around. He had been so warm and friendly, and yet annoying, to her last Monday. Today he was icy and grumpy. She was dying to know what was bothering him. She turned around again.

“You don't sound fine.” She hissed.

“Hmm. One would be fine.” he replied. Ginny's eyes narrowed. He was being cryptic. Something definitely was up.

“Why are you so down?” She said, trying to play nice.

“Let me think. I significantly remember you agreeing to go to Hogsmeade this weekend but I can't help but hear with every other word out of Potter's mouth that YOU'RE going with him to Hogsmeade this weekend.” Draco spat at her.

“Yeah. On SUNDAY.” Ginny said. He was totally over thinking this entire situation.

“I thought we were going.” Draco repeated. He was whining like a little bitch now.

“We are.”

“But you're going with Potter.”

“I am.”

“Are you in or out?”

“For what?” Ginny asked, getting confused.

“For our deal.”

“Huh?”

“To Hogsmeade. As friends. Are you in or out?”

“I still want to go if that's what you mean.” She said. “And may I remind you, you were never specific on the day you wanted to go to Hogsmeade.”

Draco's face became cold again.

“Fine. Since you have your DATE with Potter Sunday, we'll go Saturday.” Draco said darkly, looking away from her.

Ginny looked down at her hands. She had thought the dinner plans Harry was making was going to be another awkward double date with Ron and Hermione but the more she pieced together- all Harry had gone on about regarding this weekend was involving the two of them.

“I didn't know he meant just the two of us.” Ginny told Draco. “Believe me. I'm not thrilled with this. But I can't back out or else I'm going to get flack from Hermione until the next Hogsmeade trip.”

Draco mulled over the situation before nodding his head.

“Okay. Fine.” He said. Ginny turned back around in her seat.

~*~*~*~

Draco crossed his arms over his chest and glared in Potters direction.

He didn't like his only friend at school hanging around Potter. All Ginny ever did was complain about him anyways. And as immature as it sounded, Draco did NOT like to share. Especially with Potter. Especially sharing Ginny with Potter.

He gripped his NEWT pamphlet, ready to smack himself in the head, much like he had done two weeks ago in the library.

`Damn it Draco! Get a hold of yourself! You've been friends with girls before! You never thought anything of them!' He told himself.

He reflected back on all the females he had ever been considered friends with. There was Pansy. Oh Pansy…

Draco smirked thinking on where she was now. She was engaged to a nephew of the late Igor Karkaroff. She had bragged about it to him before he had left back to school.

`You're going back to that shithole?' Pansy had asked him in shock. `I'm glad I'm not going back. I've got a wedding to plan.'

`You met the guy a month ago! In a bar!' Draco had said.

`So? He has money.' Pansy had shrugged.

`I have money.' Draco shot back.

`Yeah but your family doesn't want anything to do with those of us who are left.' Pansy pointed out.

`So you don't want anything to do with me because of my parents?' Draco had asked.

`Come on Drakey-poo. We had our fun. But its time I move on.' Pansy had said, patting his cheek.

Draco sighed. Mostly it had been nothing but fooling around between the two of them. A shag there, a shoulder to cry on here… Nothing formal.

Daphne Greengrass was Pansy's partner in crime. Merlin knows what she was up to. Her sister Astoria had come back to school but she hardly paid Draco any attention. She was at least nicer to him than the other Slytherin students.

He hadn't been around the Greengrass sisters much. Granted they were pretty (for Slytherins), Daphne was… Well…. Pretty stupid.

`I hate that stupid Weasel' Draco had said one lunchtime after Ron had been rude to him in class.

`Hahaha! Weasel! That's funny! `Cause his last name is like…. Weasley!' Daphne had said. Pansy then had proceeded to smack Daphne upside the head.

`Can it, you nit!' Pansy had said.

`Ow that hurrrrrrt!' Daphne had complained.

`Stop being such a ditz you're a Slytherin for Merlin's sake!' Pansy yelled.

Draco smiled. As different as Pansy and Daphne were they were still best friends. Pansy was probably going to have Daphne at her wedding.

But no matter what Draco recalled about his female acquaintances, he had to admit that he never had felt how he was feeling now. It was stupid. Very stupid.

Pansy was the closest thing he ever had to a girlfriend but he had never taken her on a date. Unless you counted the Yule Ball a date. They never had held hands in public, let alone in private. The shaggings were mostly a release, an escape, from his crazy life at home and the whole Dark Arts business.

It wasn't like he didn't like girls that way. He did. Oh yes he did. But Ginny Weasley? Come on! The freckles. The red hair. The second hand clothes and books. The plump mother of hers. Her Muggle obsessed father. Not to mention a gang of tall, angry, red headed brothers, plus Potter, who were very protective of her.

She was the wrong girl at the right time.

The time when he was turning his life around. When things could only look up, not down. She was hot. He was cold. What a cruel world it was.

~*~*~*~

The bell signaled the end of class.

“Spider monkeys!” Ron yelled, the bell waking him out of a dream. Students snickered as they gathered their books.

“Ron how could you fall asleep! Those rules were very important!” Hermione scolded.

He stretched, giving a huge yawn.

“Doesn't matter `Mione. I'm sure you will remind at least 100 more times between now and the NEWTs.” He said. Hermione opened her mouth to reply, but quickly shut it.

“You coming Ginny?” Harry asked, coming around to her side of the classroom. “I will carry your books for you.” He said.

“I'm fine. You guys go to dinner without me. I need to ask the teacher a question about one of the rules.” She lied.

“Okay. I will take your books then. Save you a spot?” He said, reaching for her bag.

“Sure I guess.” Ginny said, shrugging.

“All right. See you at dinner.” Harry said. He reached down and grabbed her faded book bag off the floor, gave her cheek a quick peck before heading out the door. Ginny sighed and let her head fall onto her desk with a loud `thud'.

“Ow!” She said, sitting back up again, rubbing her forehead.

“Hurt yourself?” Draco drawled, still sitting in his seat behind her. She turned to face him.

“What's it matter to you?: She asked, holding her head.

“Better catch up to Potter so he can kiss it all better.” He snapped.

“You know you really should see a doctor.” Ginny spat.

“Me? You're the one who hit your head.” Draco said.

“You're so bi-polar today.” Ginny said. “You're like a rollercoaster with your mood swings. I want off this ride.” She stood up, and huffed out of the classroom. Draco scrambled after her.

“So does this mean you don't want to go to Hogsmeade anymore?” He asked panicked. They were in the hall now, crowded with the students headed to their houses to get ready for dinner.

“I didn't say that.” Ginny said.

“Then what do you mean?” He asked.

“I'm sick of your attitude. Either you're going to be friends with me or you're not. Make up your mind.” She said.

Draco grabbed her arm and pulled her into a side hallway.

“You change your mind like a girl changes clothes.” Ginny told him. He looked puzzled.

“Which is a LOT.” Ginny said.

“Well I wouldn't know since I'm not a girl.” He said.

“You sure PMS like one.” Ginny said.

“PM what?”

“Whatever. I should know that you're not going to change.” Ginny said, pulling her arm out of his grasp to get away. He grabbed it back and pulled her close to him.

“You don't think I've changed?” He hissed.

“You're not acting like it now.” She said.

“I've changed a LOT I will have you know.” Draco said. “Us being here right now is proof enough. Do you deny that?”

She was quiet as they stood in the empty hallway together.

“No. I don't deny it. You have changed…”

“See?” Draco pressed.

“But you sure are acting a lot like you were before Voldemorts return.” She said.

She had a point. He was being grouchy and rude. Not at all he wanted to be acting towards Ginny.

“All right…. I'm sorry. I'll try to be more like I was before.” He said. Ginny raised her eyebrow.

“I mean before this week…. Not a couple of years ago.” He stuttered.

“All right.” Ginny said.

“Do you still want to go to Hogsmeade?” Draco asked hopefully.

“I said I'd go. I haven't changed my mind on that.” She said.

“Good.” Draco said.

“So….. Where did you want to meet?” She asked.

“What?”

“In Hogsmeade. Where do you want to meet?” She asked again.

“Oh! Um…. The town square I guess?” Draco said, remembering the fountain at the middle of the village.

“Okay. I will see you there at noon.” she said. She walked off without another word.

~*~*~*~

Author's Note: Next two chapters will be doozies can tell you that. This was my filler chapter I guess. I hope you readers don't hate the fact that things will speed up. It was bound to anyways. And its not like its been a day story wise. Its been a couple of weeks. Plus… Well…. You're just going to have to find out now won't you? And I'm seriously thinking about naming the NEWT prep teacher Mr. Repeto, because I make him repeat words a lot, LOL.

Also- I haven't decided if this takes place the September of 1998, months after the Battle of Hogwarts, or its in September of 1999, a year and some months after the Battle of Hogwarts. I'm going off of September of 98. I hope that's not pushing the story. I appreciate all the reviews so far. Thanks for reading and please continue to do so! :)

-->

4. Stripper


The Adventure

By RowlingIdol

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. I don't own the song `Stripper'. I also don't own `Gossip Girl', from which this chapter was inspired, quotes included. This chapter contains slight language, teen drinking and sexual references. Review if you wish! They are most appreciated.

Chapter 4: Stripper

“First… We can go to the quill shop. I want to get that inkwell before they run out.” Hermione planned the day for Ginny as they got ready in their dorm room.

“Then I figured we could head on over to Gladrags to see if they have any new sweaters. And after that, we could meet up with the boys at Honeydukes.”

Hermione turned to Ginny.

“Oh Ginny! You look so pretty today! What's the occasion?” Hermione winked.

Ginny rolled her eyes.

“I don't look `pretty' Hermione. I'm doing my usual morning routine.” Ginny said, twisting her hair around her wand, which had been heated up with a charm. She slid her wand out from under her hair, a silky red curl bouncing out.

“Well sure you're wearing your normal clothes but you're curling your hair!”

“So?” Ginny said, curling another section of hair.

“You only curl your hair for special occasions. I thought you were going out with Harry tomorrow!”

“I am. Ginny said, sighing into the mirror.

“You want to look special for him today! Oh how sweet!” Hermione said, clapping her hands.

Ginny rolled her eyes when Hermione turned away to brush her bushy hair.

She had been trying to look nicer today, but not for Harry. Draco always seemed to look nice, with everything from his clothes to his hair. He wore wizard designer brands, the most expensive ones. His shoes were always shiny and polished.

And Ginny? Well… Her clothes consisted of second hand clothes that once had been too big. Her mother had taken them in for her. Her shoes had scuffs and signs of wear. She at least put on her best jumper today. Green, to go with her hair. She opted for a khaki skirt to go with the sweater. She had a thick pair of knee highs on and her nicest looking pair of shoes. What she was going to wear tomorrow night on her date with Harry? She had no idea.

“You ready to go?” Hermione asked, buttoning up her blue jacket.

“Sure. Let me grab my money.” Ginny said. She rummaged in her trunk for her leather drawstring bag of her saved pocket money. She stuffed it into the pocket of her skirt.

“Ready.” Ginny said. Hermione held out her hand for her and the two friends laughed and giggled on their way down the stairs.

~*~*~*~

“Students must be back by curfew!” Professor McGonagall was calling to the students as they filed out of the grand doors of Hogwarts.

“I expect everyone to be back here on time! You can return to Hogsmeade tomorrow so there should be no reason why students are late!!!”

“Yeah yeah…” Ron muttered as they walked past the Headmistress on their way out of school.

“Behave yourselves!!!” She yelled, in Harry and Ron's direction. They sniggered to themselves.

“Men.” Hermione said to Ginny. They laughed.

“So who are you meeting in town, Gin?” Hermione casually asked, causing Ginny to cough on the sharp breath she had taken at the mention of Hermione's question.

“Oh um… *cough cough* Some of the other 7th year girls in my Herbology class.” Ginny lied.

“That's nice! Maybe we will see Neville today.” Hermione said cheerfully.

The walk to the village of Hogsmeade was a quick one. Probably with everyone so anxious to be out and about.

When they had reached town, Harry and Ron hurried off in the direction of where they could find Quidditch supplies.

“Not so fast!” Hermione yelled after them.

“Aw! But `Mione!!!” Ron whined.

“We are GOING to Scrivenshaft's for my inkwell!” Hermione said, grabbing the back of Ron's sweatshirt and dragging him in the direction of the quill shop.

“You coming Gin?” Harry asked her.

“I'll be there in a second okay? I wanted to stop at the post office.” Ginny lied yet again.

“Okay then.” Harry said. He turned to leave but turned back again.

“By the way… You look really lovely today Ginny.” He said smiling at her. Ginny went red in the face.

“Thanks.” she mumbled. Harry's smile became wider at this response. Ginny waited for him to be far enough away before heading towards the fountain in the Hogsmeade town square.

~*~*~*~

Draco was seated casually on the stone foundation of the fountain. People passing by didn't give him a second glance. He glanced at his watch and then back up again. It was almost noon. Where was she? What if she was just playing him for a fool? What if she set him up? What if she ditched him for Potter? Draco clenched his hands into fists at the thought of being stood up by a Weasley. He was going out of his way to show her that he had changed, Merlin knows why.

There was a tap on his shoulder. Draco turned around.

“Hi.” Ginny said brightly to him. He nearly fell back into the fountain.

“Hi.” Draco said, eyes wide as he quietly admired her.

She looked so perfect today. Her legs were longer than he thought. Maybe it was just the knee highs she was wearing. The skirt she wore hugged her in all the right places. The sweater she wore pleasantly showed off her chest. And she was wearing his favorite color, green.

“You look positively….” Draco started.

“What? Poor?” Ginny frowned, tugging at her sweater. Draco swallowed hard.

“Positively Slytherin.” Draco said, composing himself. He smirked. “What have you done with Ginny Weasley from Gryffindor?”

“Oh stop!' Ginny said, giggling and slapping Draco's arm playfully.

`OH MY GOD Did I just FLIRT with him?' Screamed Ginny's mind.

`OH MY GOD Did I just FLIRT with her?' Draco's mind screamed as well.

The two smiled at each other in silence, minds racing with their innermost thoughts.

“Yes well…. *ahem*” Draco said finally. He stuffed his hands in the pockets of his khaki pants. “I expected you to um….. Wear red.” He said stupidly.

“Well you're wearing black.” Ginny pointed out. “That's not a Slytherin color.”

“All my green shirts were dirty?” Draco said, shrugging. Ginny giggled again.

“So um. What do you want to do first?” she then asked.

“I don't know. I'm surprised you even showed up. I hadn't planned anything.”

“Surprised I even showed up? What kind of friend do you think I am?” Ginny said, putting her hands on her hips. She sighed.

“Well. I guess I can't be mad at that. If it was me I probably would think the same thing.” She said. Draco looked down.

“Want to head to the Three Broomsticks for lunch?” He suggested.

“Sure.” Ginny said. She turned quickly in the direction of the Three Broomsticks, Draco following close behind.

“What are your friends up to.” Draco asked her as they walked down the street.

“Oh they're off at the Quill shop. Then they were headed to Gladrags.” Ginny replied.

“Are you worried we're going to run into them?” Draco asked.

“Not really.” She shrugged. “Are you?”

“No.” Draco lied.

“Liar.” Ginny said, turning to him.

“Why do you think I'm lying?” Draco asked.

“The look on your face.” She said, smiling at him.

“There's nothing wrong with my face.” Draco said, frowning.

“You pale at the mention of my brother and Harry.” Ginny said. Draco frowned some more. Damn. She was right.

“Well so do you.” He shot back. Ginny glared at him before turning back around.

Moments later….

“Oh bloody hell look out!” Draco said from behind her. “It's Harry!”

“WHERE!” Ginny practically screamed, stopping suddenly, causing Draco to run into her. She began to fall forward but Draco's hands had already reached out and grabbed around her waist, pulling her back upright.

Draco began to laugh. She twisted around to face him.

“Who's the pale one now?” Draco asked. Ginny went from white in the face to red.

“You jerk! That really frightened me!” Ginny said to him.

“I'm sorry. It had to be done.” Draco said, smirking some more. Ginny frowned at him.

“You're going to get it.” Ginny said, poking a finger at his chest.

“Oh really?” Draco said. He still had his hands around her waist. He pulled her a little closer to him.

Ginny went redder in the face. Draco let go.

“Thanks….” Ginny muttered, brushing imaginary lint off her skirt.

“Shall we continue?” Draco asked. Ginny nodded, and brushed her curls out of her face.

After a bit they had reached the Three Broomsticks. It was full of students but they were lucky to find a table to themselves in the back.

A flustered witch in her twenties came over for their order.

“I'll have um…. The toasted ham and cheese with a tea.” Ginny said, handing the menu back to the waitress.

“I will have the roast with a Butterbeer.” Draco said, not even looking at the menu.

“Right away.” The witch said. She hurried away, scribbling on a pad of parchment.

It was silent between the two. Ginny fidgeted with the cloth napkin in her lap.

“Um… How are you today?” She asked him.

“All right. You?” Draco replied.

“Fine thanks.” was her response.

“How um…. How is your family?” Ginny continued. Draco gave a huge sigh.

“Different.”

“Oh?” Ginny inquired. Her tea was brought over and she began mixing sugar into it from the container provided at the table.

“All ties my family had seem to be severed. We no longer want to be recognized with those still loyal to Dark Arts.”

“So you mean there are still active dark witches and wizards out there?” Ginny asked.

“Yes.” Draco nodded. He took a sip of his Butterbeer which had just arrived.

“There's no one to serve but it still doesn't stop them from thinking that they shouldn't have been the losing team.”

“Do we have to fear another attack?” Ginny meekly asked. Draco shook his head.

“I don't think so. My family wouldn't know anyways. After our house arrest, Mother and Father wanted nothing to do with the Dark Arts anymore. I never wanted anything to do with them in the first place. Getting Death Eaters into Hogwarts? That was a punishment for my Father that Voldemort directed be dolled out through me. All the things Voldemort wanted me to do were totally against my nature.”

It was quiet again between the two.

“Wow.” Ginny whispered. Draco looked away from her. He had probably said too much.

“So…. What is your nature.” Ginny asked,

“I don't even know anymore.” Draco sadly admitted.

“Well…. I think you're actually very kind.” Ginny said softly, going pink in the cheeks.

“Granted you can be very rude and pig headed and snobbish.” Ginny said after Draco had begun to smile. The smile faded as quickly as it had appeared.

“But you care for your family and your friends. It's a good thing your Father has learned his family is more important than torturing innocent people.”

“It is different…. Like I said.” Draco said. He smiled to himself. She thought him a kind person. Wasn't it just like a Weasley to think that.

Their food arrived and they ate while making idle chit chat about NEWT prep.

“How do you think you're going to do?” Ginny asked.

“Fine. I just wish it wasn't so rushed.” Draco admitted.

“I have until the end of the year to take mine. You and the other 8th years have to have them done by the winter break.” Ginny reminded him.

“That's right. Lucky you, getting extra study time.”

Ginny smiled.

“Well, Hermione is all uppity about it. She was off getting a top grade inkwell just for the NEWTs earlier.”

“That sure sounds like Granger.” Draco said, rolling his eyes. Ginny set her napkin down on the table.

“Speaking of Hermione, I ought to go find them.” She said.

“Where are you going to look?”

“At Honeydukes. Its where the boys spend the most time.” Ginny said shrugging.

“Mind if I walk you there?” Draco asked, standing up. Ginny blushed and shook her head. They paid for their food. Draco did so with ease, plopping down one Galleon and two Sickles. Ginny, however, had to count out her money in Sickles and Knuts.

~*~*~*~

While they walked back up towards the town square, a building off to the side of the Hogs Head, caught Draco's eye. He stopped.

“What's wrong?” Ginny asked.

“Give me a minute, all right?” Draco asked her. She nodded and he opened the windowless door. A bell jingled as he closes it behind him.

“Sorry we're closed!” Called a familiar voice from behind a bar in the dark building.

“Real original name.” Draco called out, walking towards the bar. A tall thin boy walked out from a room behind the bar.

“Well. I thought it had a nice ring to it.” The figure told Draco. A lamp flickered on and the grinning face of Blaise Zabini shone in the light. Draco grinned.

“Hey mate! What are you doing here? You come to visit little ol' me?” Blaise said, all the while cleaning a beer stein.

“I was in town if that's what you mean.” Draco replied. “So what is this place?”

“My first business!” Blaise said. “Zabini's is going to be the nighttime spot for young wizards and witches. You just wait until this place is in its full swing.”

“So it's a club?” Draco asked, looking around the array of the building. There was a stage. The bar stretched far and wide across one wall. Tables and couches of a variety of size and shape were scattered here and there. There was a section in the far corner near the stage where it seemed more private than other places.

“Right-o!” Blaise said. “Got the apartment upstairs to boot! Employee's only.” Blaise said, winking at Draco.

“Don't tell me you employ whores…” Draco said, giving Blaise a wary eye.

“Well they don't have a problem expressing themselves sexually if that's what you mean.” Blaise said with another wink.

Draco shook his head, chuckling.

“What can I say? I loved the idea of being a patron of burgeoning talent” Blaise ended with a flourishing gesture of his hand.

“You haven't changed a bit.” He told his old friend.

“You have. I still can't believe you went back to Hoggy Warty Hogwarts.” Blaise said, reaching for another stein to clean.

“You know my parents.” Draco said, casually leaning on the bar.

“You're welcome here anytime, open or close. I consider it a place for one to escape…” Blaise said, giving their surroundings a dreamy look.

“I will keep that in mind.” Draco said. “How did you afford this place anyways? Is wizard real estate really that easy?”

“Not one stinking bit!” Blaise laughed.

“Mum's inheritance from her second to last marriage helped with the full building purchase, apartment included. And I helped buy all these wonderful furniture pieces.” Blaise said.

“Ah.” Draco looked around at the furniture once again. Some of the styles were questionable, but to each his own.

“Well I need to get back outside.” Draco said, pointing to the door over his shoulder with his thumb.

“All right then. Do stop by though! I'm not open Monday through Wednesday but you're welcome to stop by anyways. Ring twice when we're closed, okay?”

“Will do.” Draco said. Blaise stuck out his hand and Draco shook it before hurrying back outside. He looked around for Ginny but didn't see her right away.

“Here I am.” she said. She had been leaning against the wall of the building of Zabini's club. “What took you so long? They're not even open.”

“I know the owner.” Draco said. “Actually, so do you.”

Ginny looked up at the sign above the door.

“Zabini's? Real original….” Ginny said, shaking her head.

“That's what I said!” Draco said, grinning. Ginny smiled back. They started walking again.

“He says it's a club. A place for people to-” Draco paused and wiggled his fingers for affect. “Escape!” Ginny giggled.

“Maybe we should go sometime.” She thought aloud. Draco tried not to smile. She said `we'. That meant she wanted to go out again.

“Even though he's a poser….” Ginny added.

“He's not at all like that if you get to know him.” Draco said. “You'll see.” He said.

“You're probably right. After all, you're not all that bad once I got to know you too.” Ginny said, cocking her head to the side and giving him a smile.

Draco's heart felt funny all of the sudden. Maybe it was heartburn from lunch.

“Honeydukes is up ahead. I ought to get going. By myself.” Ginny told him.

His heart felt funny again, like it suddenly weighed a ton.

“All right. Well…. Um….” Draco stuttered.

They just stood there, as if they were unsure of parting ways. Draco felt like sticking out his hand for a handshake but that seemed stupid. He shuffled his feet. Ginny took a step forward.

“I ought to get going.” She repeated.

“You said that already.” Draco said. She blushed.

“Yes well…. Um….”

It happened in a flash. She took a quick step forward, wrapped her arms around his torso unexpectedly, and released almost immediately.

“Bye!” She said quickly. She turned around without a glance back and raced off towards the sweet shop.

Draco was positive he probably looked as smart as a Troll as he stood in the middle of the street reveling in what just happened.

Was that a hug?

~*~*~*~

Ginny hurried into Honeydukes and breathed heavily as the door shut behind her with a bell chime. A trio of people at the checkout turned to look at her.

“There you are! We've been looking for you for hours!” Ron said, mouth full of freshly purchased licorice wand.

“Oh I was out… Um. Window shopping. Um… Then I went to the Three Broomsticks for lunch.” Ginny said.

“Alone?” Harry asked.

“Yeah well….” Ginny started. “I thought we were meeting there for lunch but you guys didn't show up so I just ate and then came here.”

“We went to Madam Puddifoots.” Hermione said, staring lovingly at Ron who went red.

“Oh. Well, just a misunderstanding.” Ginny said, shrugging her shoulders and avoided looking Harry in the face.

“We still have time to visit the Quidditch store, so why don't we head that way?” Hermione said, looking around at their little group.

“Sure! I hope they have new Cannons equipment in!” Ron said, grabbing Hermione's hand and practically dragging her out of the store.

“So Ginny.” Harry said, following closely behind Ginny. “I made reservations for us tomorrow night at Madam Puddifoots. And don't worry, I made sure there would be no cherubs and confetti this time.” Harry said. Ginny gave him a weak smile.

“Sounds perfect.” She said through gritted teeth.

“I will wait for you in the common room at eight o' clock.” He said. Ginny just nodded.

“Hey is that Malfoy over there?” Ron asked the group as they made their way towards the Quidditch shop.

“I think so.” Hermione said. “I wonder why he's just standing there in the middle of the street. You think he's okay?”

“Looks like he got hit by a stunning spell. Git probably deserved it.” Ron replied. Ginny giggled to herself.

~*~*~*~

“You look FINE!” Hermione said to Ginny for the umpteenth time.

“Are you sure?” Ginny asked, admiring herself in the bathroom mirror. She had borrowed an array of clothes from Hermione for her date with Harry. She had curled her hair again, and topped it off with a wide headband. The dress was itchy, but she would never tell Hermione that, so she wore a slip underneath it. It zipped down the side with a faux ribbon bow belt around the middle. She added two long strings of pearls, one white, one dark, to the ensemble. She was glad she had packed her only pair of high heeled shoes. They're weren't anything fancy, but at least they went with the dress nicely.

“It's almost eight. You should go down at meet him. Ooooh this is so exciting!” Hermione squealed, clapping her hands.

“It's just a date Hermione. Calm down!” Ginny said.

“But I can tell it will be a special night for you!” Hermione said, winking.

Hermione was right. It would be a special night for Ginny. But not in the way Hermione was thinking.

“Don`t forget your sweater.” Hermione said, handing her a button up black sweater.

“Go go!” Hermione said, shoving Ginny out the door. Ginny nearly stumbled down the stairs but she caught herself.

She peeked into the common room from the girls stairwell. Harry was sitting on a couch waiting for her. He stood up when she entered the room.

“Hey. You look beautiful tonight.” He said, coming over to greet her. She went red.

“Thanks.” She said. “Shall we go?”

Harry nodded and handed her his arm. She took it out of politeness.

“Did you have a pleasant day yesterday?” Harry asked, making small talk as they walked down to Hogsmeade. Professor McGonagall nodded at them on their way out.

“Remember the curfew students!” She called after them. They both waved to her and continued on.

“It was nice.”

“I wish you could have hung out with us longer.” Harry said wistfully. Ginny suddenly felt guilty.

“I had a lot on my mind. I lost track of time while shopping.” Ginny said, looking at Harry, hoping her lie was working.

“It's alright.” He said with a smile.

It had.

He reached for her hand and grabbed it, intertwining their fingers together. He raised their hands up to his lips and gently kissed her hand. Ginny blushed.

When they reached Madam Puddifoots' Harry opened the door for her and took her sweater. He also held her chair out for her when she sat down. The table was lit with candles floating in the air. Much better than cherubs.

Tea was brought to them by Madam Puddifoot herself. They didn't have much meal wise for offer at the café but it was at least fancier than the Three Broomsticks. A tray of mini sandwiches were brought to them along with an extensive dessert menu.

After much silence and stares, the latter on Harry's part, Harry opened his mouth to speak.

“Ginevra.” He said softly, reaching for her hand.

`Oh god now what.' Ginny thought. People only used her full name if she was in trouble. Or if they needed to have a serious discussion with her. She swallowed hard.

“Yes Harry?” she asked, eyes wide.

“I wanted to ask you something.”

“O-kay…” Ginny answered slowly.

“You've been kind of distant ever since we got back to school. I've been trying to talk to you for a while…” Harry started. Ginny could feel herself beginning to shake.

“It's been hard on me.” She said, trying to steady her voice. “You should know that better than anybody.”

“You're right. I do. And I do understand where you're coming from.” He said gently. He stroked her hand in an affectionate manner.

“I can't help think that you've been avoiding me.” He said sadly. Ginny gulped.

“You could have talked to me before.” Ginny answered.

“I've tried Ginny. But every time I try, something else has your attention. In the Great Hall during meals. Especially during NEWT prep. You're always day dreaming or something.”

“I---” Ginny said.

“I just want to know Ginny…” Harry said. He took a deep breath.

“Do you love me?”

Ginny's shoulders relaxed slightly. She had been unaware of how tense she had become.

“Harry…” She said. “You know I do. But…. Things have changed. You've changed. I've changed.”

Harry hung his head.

“I know but….”

“But what, Harry?” Her voice quivering and raising slightly. “You were the one who left me.”

“For your safety!” Harry reminded her.

“Yeah I know. But it still hurt.” Ginny said, looking away. A tear rolled down her cheek.

“What about my birthday present?” He asked.

“I didn't get you one this year. You said you didn't want one.” Ginny said, wiping her cheek with her free hand.

“The one before the war.” Harry said, blushing slightly.

“So we snogged.” Ginny answered. “And then Ron interrupted.” Ginny laughed a little at the memory.

“Yeah…. Stupid Ron…” Harry muttered.

“He told me not to get your hopes up you know.” Harry told her. Ginny nodded and sniffled.

“Yeah, I kind of guessed that. It didn't help it from happening though.”

There was a long pause while Madam Puddifoot came and took their sandwich plate. After she left, Ginny continued.

“And after the war…. I waited for you.” She said. Harry chuckled.

“I was waiting for you.” He admitted. Ginny smiled a little.

“I thought that I was doing everything right to get you back…” He continued. “It's my fault.”

“It's not your fault.” Ginny assured him. “It's just….. I don't know.” She trailed off.

“After a while I gave up on you.” Ginny told him, causing his face to fall.

“I haven't given up on you.” He said.

`I've noticed.' Ginny thought.

He squeezed her hand and gave her a hopeful smile.

“Well, I guess the point of tonight was to ask you…. Um… To rethink things.” He said. Ginny looked at him confused.

“Rethink what?” She asked.

“Us.” Harry said.

“Oh.”

There was another pause as Madam Puddifoot brought them their dessert, German chocolate cake.

“I will.” Ginny told Harry. It was the truth. She would rethink their relationship. She'd consider getting back together with Harry. How much she would rethink things was an entirely different story.

“Great.” Harry said, immediately perking up. Maybe it was the chocolate.

“Ron's going to kill me when he finds out we ordered chocolate cake.” Harry said, light heartedly changing the subject.

~*~*~*~

After Harry paid the bill and they made their way back up to the castle, it was ten o' clock. Curfew was still good for another two hours.

Professor McGonagall had left her post at the gates. Filch had taken over the watch and eyed the couple suspiciously as they walked past. Harry helped Ginny into the portrait hole.

“I had a good time.” Harry said to Ginny. She gave him a smile.

“Thanks for taking me out.” Ginny said. Harry was still holding onto her hand. He pulled her close and paused for a moment before leaning down and giving her a lingering kiss. Ginny let him kiss her. Oh why did she let him do that.

“Good night.” Harry said after he pulled away.

“Good night.” Ginny said. Harry turned and went towards the boys dormitory. Ginny stood still in the middle of the empty common room.

`I need to get out of here.' Ginny's mind told her. `Now.'

Ginny didn't need to stop and think about where she was going. She went back out the portrait hole, stirring the Fat Lady who had fallen back asleep in her frame.

`Fiddlesticks….' The Fat Lady muttered before snoring again. Ginny needed a way to sneak back out of the castle. She doubted Filch would let her leave the school with an hour and a half left until curfew. The walk to Hogsmeade took at least 20 minutes. If she ran she could make in less.

She hurried down the stairs as fast as she could in her shoes. She crept up silently to the gates leading out to the path to Hogsmeade.

The large door creaked as it slowly opened.

Ginny breathed a sigh of relief as she spied Filch slumped over in a chair, snoring loudly. She walked slowly past, careful the click of her heels against the path didn't wake him. When she was far enough away she pulled out her wand from the pocket of the dress.

“Lumos!” she said. She used the light of the now lit wand to find her way down to Hogsmeade. It seemed empty but the further she walked down High Street she started passing other students, most likely on their way back to the castle. Other people she saw hanging around the Hogs Head were probably residents, as they looked older.

She got a couple of odd stares as she approached her destination. She could hear loud thumping music from beside the Hogs Head. She quickly let herself into the club.

It was dim and dark in the club, but it was lit enough so one could see where they were going. The light had a reddish hue to it. She saw the back of Blaise Zabini at the bar mixing a drink for one of the many patrons of his establishment.

Ginny looked around awkwardly. It was loud in the club. Ginny didn't expect any less, but it was annoying just the same. She wandered around the main floor before heading towards the stage area.

There, slumped on a couch, she saw him.

She made her way past a gaggle of girls, most likely drunk, and over to the couch.

~*~*~*~

“Is this seat taken?” someone asked loudly next to him. Draco turned his head to see who was asking.

He didn't believe it.

“By all means.” Draco told Ginny, gesturing with his drink. She plopped down and sighed.

Draco took a sip of his drink and turned his head slightly to look at her. Her outfit seemed out of place. It was obviously borrowed.

He had been at Zabini's for several hours. He had chosen a couch and no one had dared to bother him. He had given Blaise several gold Galleons for access to the bar for that evening. Thankfully, Blaise hadn't even questioned why.

Draco had sat on the couch, watching the hours tick by on his watch. He knew she had been off getting ready for the date with Potter earlier that day. He hated how it made him feel. It made him feel like he was slowly being tortured. Waiting for the day to end, so he could see her again come Monday during NEWT prep. It was a pleasant surprise that she was here now. He couldn't help but ask…

“How was your date.” He said in a monotone.

“I don't want to talk about it.” She said, not looking at him.

“I just want to escape. That's what this place is for, right?”

Draco nodded slightly. That was the reason he was here too. To escape his thoughts of Ginny on her date with Potter. It made his blood feel hot with anger.

Ginny stared around at their surroundings. There was a small white table in front of their couch with an antique phonograph perched in the middle. Off to the side was a silver bucket that held ice and a bottle of champagne. Glasses were set next to the bucket. Ginny reached over and poured herself a glass, Draco trying not to shocked.

Ginny leaned back on the couch and downed half of the champagne in one gulp. She sighed again.

There were cheers as the burlesque dancers strutted out onto the stage.

Draco made a mental note to comment on the choice of the burlesque theme of the club to Blaise later. The music changed and lights flashed to the stage for the dancers.

It wasn't very entertaining. The dancers weren't very good, not to mention not the best looking, but the men in the club cheered anyways.

To avoid watching the show any longer, Draco turned his attention back to Ginny.

“I know you don't want to talk about what happened, but---”

“Relief.” she said quickly, cutting him off. “I feel relief.” Draco stared at her for a moment before turning back towards the stage.

Ginny was on her second glass of champagne now. The dancers were starting their next dance.

“You know, I've got moves.” Ginny said suddenly. Draco looked over at her in disbelief.

“ Really?“ he said, smirking “Then why don't you get up there?” He whispered in her ear, loud enough for her to hear over the music.

Ginny shook her head away from him.

“No! I'm just saying, I have moves.” She shrugged and took another sip of her drink.

Draco scooted closer to her on the couch.

“Come on, you're 10 times hotter than any of those girls.” He said. Ginny gave a small laugh.

“I know what you're doing Malfoy.” Ginny said, turning to him. Draco continued to smirk. Ginny's face became serious.

“You really don't think I'll go up there.” She said to him.

“I know you won't do it.” He replied, taking a swig from his drink. Ginny stared at him. He had called her a goody two shoes before and she suddenly felt compelled to prove that ferret wrong.

“Guard my drink.” She told him. She stood up from the couch with a little bounce in her step. There were loud cheers as she trotted up the stairs to the stage, joining in with the dancers.

With a shake of her hips in her borrowed dress, Ginny slowly reached up to her head for the headband. She slipped it off and tossed it casually to the floor of the stage. The cheers got louder.

The dancers caught on quickly. They mimicked Ginny's hip shaking, hovering in the background. Ginny turned to her side, staring straight into the audience at Draco as she reached for the side zipper of the dress. In three pulls the zipper was down the dress slid gracefully to the floor. Ginny stepped out from the dress around her feet, the slip shining brightly in the spotlight.

Draco stood up, amazed at the vixen that was staring at him from the stage. Ginny's lips and eyes smirked at him from. She shook her hips some more, raising her hands above her head.

He took a step closer. Was this really happening? He wasn't drunk, only a bit buzzed. He was in shock and awe.

Ginny proceeded to stare back. She sensually stroked her red curls, turning to give Draco a provocative look over the shoulder.

Cheers continued throughout the club. Even Blaise had escaped his bar long enough to see what was going on. He came over to Draco and watched the impromptu act enfold over Draco's shoulder.

“Who's that girl?” Blaise asked. Draco's mouth hung slightly open as he watched Ginny continue to sashay her hips on the stage.

“I have no idea.” Draco said. He could not believe that girl, no, woman, on stage was little Ginny Weasley.

“You go baby vamp!” Someone in the audience called. The calls continued.

“Hey! Stripper!”

Ginny laughed for a moment. She moved her hands slowly down the front of her slip, hiking up the bottom of slip ever so slightly above her thigh. She smiled coyly at Draco and proceeded with more hip shaking. With a change of the music, she sexily slunk down to floor, playing with the strands of pearls around her neck in the process.

With a large tip of his glass, Draco finished his drink and he held the empty glass up to her in cheers. Ginny laughed at this, her face glowing in the spotlight.

`I want to be your mister.'

As you might have guessed, prohibition never stood a chance against exhibition. It's human nature to be free. And no matter how long you try to be good, you can't keep a bad girl down. And tonight, Ginny was goody two shoes no more.

With a shake of her curls, she sashayed down the steps amid the throngs of cheers from the crowd. Draco stepped forward and held out his hand. Ginny needn't rethink anything as she took his hand and let him lead her away from the stage and the crowd.

“That was sure something.” Draco said as they took refuge in one of the private booths in the back. Ginny collapsed onto the couch breathless.

“I can't believe I did that.” She said, a smile lingering on her face.

“I can't believe you did that either.” Draco said. He pulled the curtains around the booth shut, leaving the two of them doused in candlelight.

“Want to talk about that date now?” Draco inquired. Ginny laughed.

“He wants me to rethink getting back together.” she said, shaking her head and staring up at the ceiling. Her chest heaved as she winded down from her adrenaline rush. Draco couldn't help but watch as her chest rose and fell in a seductive manner.

“And?” Draco said, tearing his eyes away from her. “What do you think?”

She shook her head again and sat up straighter.

“I don't know. So many things…. I'm afraid if I go back to him I'm just setting myself up to be left again. Or for disappointment.”

“Disappointment how?”

“Harry Potter is two people.” Ginny said. Draco looked puzzled. Ginny sighed.

“There is Harry Potter, the boy who lived, and then Harry Potter, just Harry.” Ginny elaborated.

“Ah.” Draco said.

“He kissed me tonight.” She said. Draco felt his hands ball up into fists.

“I didn't want it.” she added. Draco's hands loosened.

“I don't want to lose my friends by not choosing him.” Ginny said. “But I don't want to choose him if he's not what I want.”

“Do you know what you want?” Draco asked, his heart skipping a beat. A mumble came out of her mouth but Draco couldn't hear what it was. She shrugged. He at least understood that. They sat in silence for a while, the music of the club in the background.

“Thanks for listening.” She said to him. Draco turned his head to her for moment.

“You were….. Amazing up there.” Draco said, then staring off into the club through the crack in the curtains.

There was shift in the cushion of the couch as Ginny has scooted closer to Draco. He turned to look at her. Without thinking his hand reached out and lightly touched one of hers. She slid her fingers in-between his and curled her hand into a fist, pulling his hand into hers. She inclined her head towards his just ever so slightly. Draco took in a shuddering breath and leaned in to her.

Their lips softly met in the dark room. She tasted like champagne and chocolate. A combination that when he tasted it on his tongue, made his heart feel like it was running a mile a minute. Their lips parted, Ginny's warm brown eyes staring into his. His chest felt like it was going to burst. Ginny slowly blinked at him, biting her lip, eyes wondering if she had done wrong. Draco wanted more and he could tell she did too. He lowered his head towards her.

“You sure?” he whispered.

Ginny lifted her head to meet Draco's. He didn't need words. Her lips upon his was answer enough.

~*~*~*~

Author's Note: How about them cliffhangers? LOL. Okay so a LOT of this was taken from Gossip Girl Season 1, Episode 7: Victor Victrola. My favorite episode of the show ever. Or at least from the first season. I'm glad I've received 900+ hits on my story, but 7 reviews? Really? Thanks to those who have reviewed though! I have been working on this chapter for several days now and I've stayed up too late finishing it so I am turning in. I will be working on the next chapter as soon as possible. It's going to be another doozy. I hope everyone who is reading is enjoying the story. Please review and goodnight! :)

-->

5. Right Round


The Adventure

By RowlingIdol

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. I don't own the song `Right Round'. I also don't own `Gossip Girl', from which parts of this chapter were inspired, quotes included. This chapter contains slight language, teen drinking and sexual references. Review if you wish! They are most appreciated.

Author's Note- To Moogle- Thanks for your reviews. I understand your point of the characters seeming empty, following commands, not their emotions. All I can say is that they're fighting their emotions. It should get better. Please continue reading. :)

Chapter 5: Right Round

Ginny had woken up hours ago but she hadn't left her bed.

She lay spread eagled under the covers, red curls sprawling across her pillows, staring up at the canopy over her bed. Her head felt cloudly, her body ached, especially around her pelvis.

Light shone in from the window of the dorm. She had no idea what time it was. She suspected sometime around noon.

She squeezed her eyes shut.

She had sex.

With Draco Malfoy.

Draco fucking Malfoy.

Fucking Malfoy.

`Oh Merlin I'm such a slut!!!!!' Ginny mentally screamed at herself.

A door clicked open and Hermione emerged from the bathroom, fresh from her shower, red Gryffindor robe wrapped around her.

“Well look who decided to wake up!” Hermione said brightly to Ginny.

Ginny sat up and groaned.

“Late night last night?” Hermione continued to pry.

All Ginny did was groan again and fall back on her pillows.

“I'm just saying… You came in late last night. Hey, where did you put the clothes I let you borrow?”

Ginny's eyes flew wide open at this.

Hermione's clothes! Oh shit she probably left them at the bar-

“Here they are! Aw, you didn't have to fold them.” Hermione said to Ginny, picking up a stack of clothes that were sitting on Ginny's trunk. Ginny didn't remember putting them there, or knowing how to fold that neatly. Hermione began hanging up her clothes, humming a tune.

Ginny sat up again, stretched her arms, and gave a huge yawn. Her neck hurt. She reached down and touched it.

A certain area felt sore to the touch.

“Ow.” Ginny whispered as she grazed the spot with her fingertips.

“GINNY!” Hermione cried out. Her friend came hurrying over. “What happened to you???? You've got a red mark on your neck!!!”

“I do?” Ginny asked, gingerly touching the spot, wincing.

Hermione scrambled for a hand mirror and handed it to her. Sure enough, there was a red spot on the end of Ginny's neck, close to her shoulder.

“What did you DO last night?” Hermione asked, hands on hips.

She could lie, or she could tell the truth. She figured she might as well confide in Hermione. She would be the most understanding out of her friends- given the other two options were Harry and her brother.

Ginny lowered the hand mirror and stared off.

“I had sex.” She said, shocking even herself as the words came out her mouth.

The next thing she knew Hermione was squealing and giving her a big hug, rocking her back and forth.

“Oh this is GREAT!” Hermione said, releasing Ginny and clapping her hands.

Ginny stared at her in horror.

“I want to know EVERYTHING!!!” Hermione said, clambering on top of Ginny's bed and bouncing in anticipation.

“How was it? Was it romantic? Where did it happen? *gasp* Was it BIG?”

Ginny's mouth fell open.

“First off- I haven't had sex before so I don't know how it `was'.” Ginny said.

“Well that's okay. Did you at least like it?” Hermione asked.

Ginny had to stop and think.

~*~*~*~

Last night was a blur. She remembered her act on the stage. The champagne had helped with her release. The adrenaline rush it had given her was the best thing she had felt in a while. As for afterwards, Ginny didn't want to think about it.

She had been stupid and let her guard down. Maybe she had given in to Draco subconsciously. Maybe it was an unintentional means to get over the horrible date she had with Harry. Maybe it was a lot of things. She surely didn't like him- like that. Right?

“Do you think Neville will be mad that I missed Herbology?” Ginny hurriedly changed the subject, after looking at the clock on the wall that read eleven thirty.

“You'll be fine. If you ask I'm sure he'll give you today's notes. Now tell me- where was it?”

“Where was what? Herbology?”

“No Ginny! Where did it go down?”

Ginny sighed and rolled her eyes, realizing that Hermione wasn't giving up on the subject.

“A couch.”

“A couch?” Hermione said. She shook her head. “That's not very romantic.”

Ginny sighed again. It wasn't supposed to be romantic. It wasn't even supposed to have happened. It was a bad mistake.

“So how big was it?” Hermione blurted, interrupting Ginny's thoughts

Ginny groaned and fell back on her bed, reaching for a pillow to hide her face.

“Come on!!!! You can tell me!” Hermione said.

“Long.” Came Ginny's muffled reply. Hermione burst into a fit of giggles. While listening to Hermione's muffled giggled through the pillow she came to realize, Hermione thought she had sex with HARRY.

She was glad her face was hidden by the pillow or Hermione would see her pale as a ghost.

Hermione's giggles suddenly stopped.

“Oh! I need to finish getting or we'll be late for lunch and NEWT prep! Get up get up!” Hermione panicked, sliding off Ginny's bed and heading towards her closet.

~*~*~*~

Draco knew that Blaise had told him to ring the bell twice at his place in Hogsmeade but he didn't care. He rang at least 8 times.

“I figured you'd be back.” Blaise said, opening the door for him. “Aren't you missing class right now?”

“I don't care. I need a drink.” Draco said, marching over to the bar and collapsing on a barstool.

Blaise shrugged and walked around to the opposite side the bar and picked out a couple of bottles from underneath the bar. He scooped some ice into a medium glass and started pouring contents into it.

“Where's the girl?” Blaise asked, smiling slightly at Draco. Draco groaned in response.

“She was in my dreams. I was trying to get some shut eye but…. I just kept waking up.” Draco said, eagerly reaching for the drink that Blaise handed him. He drank it in three large gulps.

“Keep em coming.” Draco told him. Blaise took out several more glasses from under the bar and set them on the counter.

“So where is your head?” he inquired.

“Spinning.”

“Come on, mate!” Blaise said, sliding Draco his second drink. “Sex with random girls happens. And after she worked that stage last night? DAY-AMN!”

Draco gave him a disgusted look.

“Don't talk about her that way.” He said, downing his drink. He reached for another.

“Geez! All right…” Blaise said, holding his hands up in surrender.

“And she wasn't just some RANDOM girl.” Draco said, swirling the third glass of liqueur in his hand.

“Really? She wasn't?” Blaise said, setting Draco's used glasses in a sink. “Well, she did look like that blood traitor…. Oh. My. God.” Blaise quickly turned to Draco.

Draco groaned. He knew what was coming.

“YOU HAD SEX WITH A WEASLEY?”

“Not so loud!!!” Draco complained.

“It's not like the club's open. No one is going to hear.” Blaise said. He started mixing a VERY large drink for Draco.

“I can't believe you. Of all people. And with her… Of all people….”

“I know I know…” Draco mumbled. There was silence between the two except for the clinking of ice and glass.

“Damn mate.” Blaise said, finally breaking the silence. “You rode her like the wild horse she is.”

“Oh Merlin….” Draco said, letting his head fall to the table at Blaise's description.

“You SAW US?” Draco groaned even louder, lifting his head.

“Hey, it's MY establishment.” Blaise said, pointing at Draco. “Don't tell me what I can and can not do.”

“But you WATCHED!!!” Draco cried out.

“Yeah I did.” Blaise said, grinning. “You were all- Unnnnnnngh! And she was all- Ooooooooh!”

“Oh BLOODY HELL!” Draco said, throwing his glass at Blaise who ducked out of the way. The glass shattered against the wall and pieces flew in every direction

“Hey you're paying for that!” Blaise said.

“Fine. I don't care.” Draco said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out several gold Galleons and slapping them down on the counter.

“Aw come on. Don't leave yet! You have to try this one!” Blaise said, pushing the tall glass towards Draco. Draco grumbled before reaching for the drink.

“So do you want to tell me exactly what happened?” Blaise asked, leaning on the bar counter, arms folded.

“No.” Draco said.

“I'm not asking what position, I already know that.” Blaise said. Draco drew his arm back, ready to throw another drink.

“Hey hey! I'm only kidding! We're mates right?” Holding his hands up in defense again.

“I just want to know how….. Last night…. Happened.” Blaise said again, choosing his words carefully.

Draco then elaborated the events of the last three weeks.

“So…. You're in the same situation you were with Pansy.” Blaise summarized. “Friends with benefits.”

“No. It's different.” Draco said. He sighed. It was so complicated to explain.

“Different how?” Blaise asked concerned.

“I…. I want to be with her ALL the time! And whenever Potter so much as breathes in her direction it makes my blood….. Boil. And and and…. My chest feels very warm when I think about her and…. And if anyone besides you finds out…. Especially if my parents ever find out….. I'm DEAD!” Draco said, breathlessly.

Blaise chuckled.

“She probably never wants to see me again…” Draco muttered, finishing off his last drink.

“You asked her if she was sure, right?”

“Yes.” Draco said.

“Did she say no?” Blaise continued.

“No.”

“Did she say stop?”

“No. You were there anyways. You would know.” Draco said rudely.

“Yeah… I in fact heard the opposite.” Blaise said, smiling.

“This is not how I should be feeling.” Draco said. “This needs to end. My parents wouldn't approve of this. This isn't what they want for me.”

He motioned for another drink which Blaise obliged to hand over.

“Don't cave to your parents' wishes if they're not your desires.” Blaise told him. Draco nearly choked on his drink.

“Excuse me?” He spluttered.

Blaise sighed.

“Listen. I only care about three things Draco. Money, the pleasures money brings me, and you. I'm just trying to have your back here. If you like the broad, then go after her.”

“Where's my mate? Shouldn't you be telling me to `seal the deal' or `tap that arse'?” Draco asked confused. “Why are you telling me to go after the girl? It's Ginny WEASLEY for Merlin's sake.”

“I always told you she was attractive…” Blaise said, shrugging his shoulders.

“Our families DESPISE each other.” Draco said sternly.

“Our parents have controlled us our whole lives. If it doesn't end now, when will it ever?” Blaise told him, beginning to rinse out Draco's used glasses.

“I'm not going to start disobeying my parents wishes by perusing Ginny Weasley.” Draco shook is head. It was crazy. He didn't like her - like that. Right?

“I think you might want to start by dipping a toe, rather than diving off a cliff head first into the rocks with the sharks. You hear me?” Blaise said.

“I know how to swim. I think I can handle this.” Draco replied in a snarky tone.

“First- you need to do something to make her feel better about last night. She's probably going just as crazy as you.” Blaise said.

“I didn't say I wanted to pursue her.” Draco interrupted.

“I suggest something from Honeydukes. Girl's love chocolate.”

“Stop coming up with a game plan.” Draco told his friend.

“Flowers are always good too. Make sure they don't die too fast.”

“I'm not getting her anything.” Draco said.

“Keep your distance if those don't seem to work.”

“I'm not doing it.”

“Trust me. You will.”

“You're wrong.”

A cuckoo clock in the corner went off, signaling it was noon.

“Shit. I've got to get back.” Draco said, sliding off the barstool.

“See you later?” Blaise called after him.

Draco waved at him without looking back..

“I expect you to bring her with you next time!” Blaise shouted as the door closed behind Draco.

~*~*~*~

Ginny was relieved to see that Draco wasn't at lunch. She hoped he would be absent for NEWT prep as well.

Hermione was acting annoying towards Harry. She kept on asking him how last night to which he would shrug and say-

“It was fine.”

“Just fine?” Hermione had replied, pouting.

“Yeah. It was fine.” Harry said, shrugging again and sitting down at the table. Hermione frowned and plopped herself down between Harry and Ron.

When Hermione was occupied talking to Ron, Harry leaned in to Ginny.

“Is there something I should know about? Hermione's acting…. Odd. And keeps asking how last night went.” Harry whispered.

Ginny quickly shook her head.

“I didn't say anything to her. Nope. Nothing about last night. I didn't go anywhere afterwards.” Ginny took a large bite of a roll to prevent herself from anymore talking.

Harry rolled his eyes.

“Girls.” Ginny heard him mutter under his breath.

On the walk to NEWT prep Hermione continued to pester Harry.

“Are you SURE you didn't have an exceptionally fabulous time last night?”

“For the last time Hermione! It was fine!” Harry said.

Ginny heard her mumble something about asking Ron.

As they walked into the NEWT classroom, Ginny was relieved Draco still hadn't shown up. He didn't show up the entire class.

Ginny was excited to get to go back to the Gryffindor tower after class. Hermione had turned her attention from bothering Harry to study time.

“We have three months until we have to take the NEWTs, except for you Ginny.” Hermione announced, marching determinedly towards the Gryffindor Tower.

“I figured if we divided up our time wisely we can spend two weeks minimum on each subject, starting with Astronomy.”

“Two weeks minimum?” Ron complained. “Why can't we just study in December like everyone else?”

“Because, Ronald.” Hermione said, rolling her eyes. “We aren't like everyone else! Besides us three, Malfoy, and those couple of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff students that sit up front, we are the only Eighth Years who returned to school. We have less time than everyone else! We should have started studying ages ago!”

Ron groaned as Hermione proceeded to hurry to the common room.

Ginny trailed behind the trio, as always, but suddenly she felt a hard tug on her robe, pulling her into a side hallway. A hand clamped over her mouth to muffled her startled yelp. The pulling stopped and Ginny whirled around to face her attacker.

~*~*~*~

“Bloody hell Draco! You gave me a fright!” Ginny said, shoving him away from her.

“Hey! If you wanted to play rough, all you had to do was ask.” Draco responded cheekily. Ginny's face turned red. It was a wrong choice of words on Draco's part.

“Look. We need to talk.” Draco said as Ginny continued to glare at him, hands on her hips.

“You nauseate me.” Ginny said, turning on her heel to leave. He grabbed her arm and pulled her back, extracting another yelp from her.

“Stop that!”

“I'll stop once you listen to me!” Draco growled.

“Fine!' Ginny practically shouted.

“Fine!” Draco replied.

She continued to glare at him, her feet at a wide stance, hands firmly gripping her hips.

“I wanted to give you something.” Draco said, reaching into the leather messenger bag that hung from his shoulder.

Ginny slightly relaxed. Draco withdrew a long rectangular box from his bag that was gold with a red bow on it. Ginny bristled again.

“What is that? Our sex tape?” Ginny spat.

“No.” Draco said, handing it over. Ginny gave him a skeptical look before snatching it out of his hands and slipping off the bow. She lifted the lid of the box.

“You got me chocolate?” Ginny asked dumbfounded.

“Yeah…. Er…. You like sweets don't you?' Draco asked. He could have swore she did. Unless it was his imagination that she tasted like champagne and chocolate last night….

“What are you playing at? Are you trying to buy my silence or something?” Ginny said, waving the box of candy in his face, its contents rolling around inside.

“No! Of course not!” Draco said. “I just….. Wanted to… Um…. Apologize?” Draco inquired.

“Apologize? For what? Stealing my innocence?” Ginny ranted. Draco went white.

“You mean…. You were a--”

“A virgin? Yes. And losing my virginity to you on a smelly old couch in your best friends nightclub was NOT how I had exactly pictured losing it.” Ginny said, crossing her arms.

“How did you picture it?” He asked. Ginny's face grew redder. He could barely make out her freckles now.

“That is NONE of your business.” She said, pointing at him with the box of chocolates she was still holding.

Ginny had considered giving up her virginity to Harry last year. It was supposed to be his birthday present. But all they had managed to do was snog because Ron had interrupted. If he hadn't, maybe she wouldn't be feeling so bad about having had sex with Draco, considering she wouldn't have been a virgin.

“I'm sorry you're mad at me.” Draco said, interrupting her thoughts. “But I DID ask you if it was all right.” He pointed out.

“I know that.” Ginny said.

Silence.

“And you don't have to be sorry. It was me that made a stupid decision. I probably should have just stayed back at the tower with Harry…. Then this never would have happened.” Ginny moped.

Draco sighed, annoyed.

“What?” Ginny asked, watching him begin to pace in the hallways, smoothing his hair in his annoyance.

“All this talk about how you have to be with Harry or the world will end. Face it. You don't want to be with him. Tell him so!” Draco told her angrily.

Ginny was taken aback at this.

“You sound like a jealous boyfriend.” Ginny said. Draco scoffed, and continued his pacing.

“Yeah right. You wish.” He said, stopping his pacing and leaning against the stone wall of the hallway.

Ginny gave a hearty laugh.

“No. YOU wish.” She said, poking a finger at Draco.

“Please.” Draco said, turning his head away from her.

“You forget who you're talking to.” He said, not meeting her eyes. Ginny's hands were back on her hips.

“So do you.” she said, bobbing her head with attitude.

Draco continued to avoid her stares and shuffled his feet on the floor, shoving his hands into his pockets.

Suddenly….. It clicked.

“Wait.” Ginny said, holding out her hand.

“Do you…… like me?” She asked in complete disbelief. Draco turned his head to look at the ceiling. He shook it quickly, still avoiding her gaze.

“Define like….” He said, now looking at the floor.

“Oh!” Ginny scoffed. “Uh…. You've GOT to be kidding.” Ginny said, taking up Draco's pacing.

“I do NOT believe this” She said, throwing her hands up in the air. Draco stepped away from the wall and followed her paces.

“How do you think I feel?” He said, throwing his arms up in the air just like Ginny had. He ran a hand through his hair, mussing it up.

“I haven't slept. I feel sick. Like there's something in my stomach…. Fluttering…..”

Ginny stopped her pacing, Draco almost running into her. She whirled around to face him.

“Butterflies?” she hissed. Draco hung his head in shame.

“Oh no no no no no. This is NOT happening.” Ginny said, waving her hands in front of her, backing away from Draco.

“Believe me. No one is more surprised or ashamed than I am.” Draco said, pointing at her.

“Those butterflies have got to be murdered.” Ginny said fiercely.

The stared at each other for a moment.

“Fine.” Draco said finally. “The sex wasn't that great anyways.” He snarled.

“Thanks.” Ginny replied sarcastically. She stormed off out of the hallway.

~*~*~*~

Fuck. He had really screwed it up this time.

A week had passed since the argument in the hallway. Ginny had completely ignored him. All the times they passed in the hall he saw Ginny laughing and hanging on Harry's arm, much to Harry's delight. At meals, she didn't even so much as glance in his direction. It angered him. But today he would see her again. It was a Monday, which meant NEWT prep after lunch.

He trudged into the NEWT prep classroom early. His heart felt like it was being squeezed as he saw Ginny perched on the edge of Harry's desk. They were all laughing, seeming to have a good time. It seemed that Hermione's top grade NEWT accepted inkwell had squirted on her NEWT pamphlet which she quickly fixed with a `scourgify' spell.

“Sweets anyone?” Ginny asked the group, taking a box out of her worn book bag.

“Wow Gin! Where'd you get these? This is the most expensive box of chocolates that Honeydukes carries!” Ron said, grabbing for the box.

Ginny took a peek in Draco`s direction and saw him glaring. The most expensive box? Maybe she shouldn`t have been so mean to him last week….

“*gasp* Strawberry Clotted Cream filled ones!” Ron said, almost crying for joy as he reached for a chocolate.

“So where'd you get them?” Harry asked.

“It was a free sample.” Ginny lied.

“Wow! I always thought they gave out broken sweets for free samples.” Ron said, reaching for another chocolate.

The four of them ate the chocolates while waiting for the class to start.

The professor came hurrying into the classroom, a large chalkboard following him.

“All right all right students! Get out your pamphlets and turn to page three hundred and twenty two! Quickly quickly now!”

Ginny slid off Harry's desk and walked around the room to her desk and settled into it without looking at Draco.

The teacher began prattling on about how this chapter regarding the NEWTs was very important. Everyone but Hermione wasn't paying attention. Some students were doodling in their pamphlets. Ron was licking his fingers of access chocolate. Harry looked like he was falling asleep. Hermione was on the edge of her seat in anticipation, head snapping back and forth between the chalkboard and her parchment, scribbling down notes.

Ginny, however, decided to play with her hair. She ran her hands through it, tossing it back in Draco's direction. She could tell she hit him in the face with her hair at least once because he sneezed. She twirled a stand around her finger, letting the curl bounce.

Draco couldn't stand it any longer. He had to say something.

“You know…” He harshly whispered to her. “Those chocolates were for you… Not to share.”

“I don't recall you mentioning I couldn't share them.” Ginny whispered back, not turning around. She shook her head, her curls smacking Draco's face again lightly.

“Do that one more time and I will grab it.” He hissed.

“You wouldn't.” Ginny hissed back.

“Oh I would.” Draco growled. “I know how much you like it when I pull your hair.”

Ginny whirled around in her seat.

“You shut your dirty mouth!” She snapped.

“Make me.” Draco smirked. Ginny just glared at him and proceeded to wrap her hair up in a loose bun, away from Draco's grasp.

They both sat there fuming the rest of the class. When the bell rang Ginny didn't even speak to her friends on the way out. She had to escape. Hogsmeade wasn't an option, not like she wanted to go back to that horrible nightclub anyways. She ended up making her way down to the Herbology greenhouses. Neville waved to her as she huffed past. She kept going until she made it down to the lake. She plopped herself down on the dock and began to cry.

Thinking about Draco made her head spin right round. It gave her a headache. It made her heart ache. She didn't like feeling this way. Her emotions felt out of control. Her tears ceased.

Hours later, she knew it must be around dinner time because her stomach had begun to growl at her. She hugged her knees to her chest and stared out at the lake like she had for the past three hours. The sun was beginning to set over in the mountains. She stood up and turned to walk back up the dock towards the castle but she stopped.

Draco Malfoy was standing at the beginning of the dock, waiting.

~*~*~*~

After he had messed things up with Ginny again, he had headed to Hogsmeade, even though it wasn't allowed. His head felt like it was spinning right round. He had places to go, people to see, time was precious. He didn't want to stay too long in Hogsmeade or he might get caught. He life was out of control, just like his mind.

His wallet felt very heavy, like it knew a storm of spending was coming its way.

Draco mentally cursed Ginny for making him throw his money around for her. He wasn't the type of person who bought women, besides his mother, gifts. But for Ginny?

His money loved her like a number one fan. His gold Galleons burned a hole in his pocket.

Once he reached Hogsmeade he walked into one of the two worst places for a man ever to shop at.

He was spending his money. He was out of control.

`Merlin help me!' Draco thought.

A few hours later, later than Draco had hoped for, he was leaving Hogsmeade, looking like a complete doofus with what he held in his arms.

She better damn well like what he got. Blaise was going to get it the next time Draco saw him. It was going to go down.

On his way up to the castle, he saw someone sitting on the dock of the lake. It didn't matter that he was too far away, he knew who it was. He made his way over towards the dock.

He silently approached the dock, his feet quiet in the grass. The sun was starting to set.

Just as he reached the dock, Ginny stood up. Draco froze in his steps and hid his arms behind his back. She turned to leave but stopped when she saw him.

~*~*~*~

The sight of Ginny on the dock was that out of a picture. The colors from the setting sun made her look like nothing more beautiful could be found.

She was amazing, her hair looked like a fire blazing, hotter than Cajun.

She took a step closer to him, wary.

Draco felt like he was in a daze.

Ginny broke the silence.

“Stalk me much?” she questioned.

Draco took a breath before answering.

“What are you doing out here all alone?” He asked. She shrugged.

“I was upset. I needed a place to go and think…”

“Oh…” Was his reply.

“Well…” He started, but Ginny interrupted him.

“I'm not in the mood Draco.” she sighed. “This is pretty much the worst week of my life post war.” She made a move to shove past him. He blocked her way with his body.

“Maybe it can be salvaged.” He said. She shook her head.

“I don't see how. You're the one that caused it all anyways.” She said. She made another move to get past.

“How about now?” He asked, revealing what was hidden behind his back. She gasped in surprise.

Her eyes were wide at the large floral arrangement he held out to her, his head hanging down sheepishly.

“They're for you.” He said, not looking at her. “I'm sorry about last week, about everything rude I said. That I ever said. About you… Or your family…. Except for your brother. He's still a bloody wanker.”

Ginny had to giggle at the last part. She caught a hold of herself. She shook her head at Draco and the gesture.

“No, I couldn't.” She said.

“Yes, you can.” He told her, holding the flowers out farther.

“It's too much.”

“Something this beautiful, deserves to be given to someone worthy of its beauty.” Draco murmured. Ginny took a deep breath before reaching out to take a hold of the bouquet.

“I really am sorry.” Draco said.

Their hands touched as Draco passed over the flowers. There was a pause as the touch lingered.

Ginny took a step forward towards Draco. She hesitated before leaning in and upwards, too plant a kiss lightly on Draco's shoulder.

His free hand wrapped around her waist and pulled her close. He lowered his head to hers, meeting her lips in another kiss.

Suddenly, everything stopped spinning.

~*~*~*~

Author's Note: I'm not too sure how I like the last sentence but I couldn't think of anything else to say. I hope people enjoyed this chapter and that the characters seemed more like themselves. In my mind, they have decided to give up fighting their emotions and have begun to give into them. What will happen next? You will just have to stick around to find out! Please review, it means a lot! Thanks for reading! :)





-->

6. Scandalous


The Adventure

By RowlingIdol

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. I don't own the song `Scandalous'. This chapter contains slight language, teen drinking and sexual references. Review if you wish! They are most appreciated.

Author's Note- Parts of this feels like filler because it was starting out that I thought it wasn't going to be as long as I had hoped it to be but then it turned out longer than expected so that's good. I apologize for any boring filler material. Please continue to read.

Chapter 6: Scandalous

The kiss had lingered too long. Much too long than it should have. Ginny pulled away quickly at this realization and turned her head away from Draco.

“What's wrong?” He asked concerned.

She shook her head.

“Nothing….. Maybe….. I don't know.” She muttered. The paper surrounding the bouquet of flowers Ginny held crackled as she broke away from Draco's grasp.

“I… I have to go.” She said, still avoiding his gaze.

“Ginny wait!” Draco called after her as she hurried off towards the castle. When he realized she wasn't stopping, he followed her.

“Would you STOP?!” He called after her. She came to a halt, her shoulders heaving up and down as she breathed heavily.

“I think we should talk.” Draco said. Ginny didn't turn around.

“Do…. Do you want to go inside to talk?” he questioned her back. There continued to be silence.

“All right.” came Ginny's meek reply.

“All right.” Draco repeated.

Ginny allowed Draco to walk along side her as they made their way to the school. Once inside, the halls were bustling with students hurrying to dinner. As if on cue, Ginny's stomach rumbled.

“Meet me in the hallway near NEWT prep, when you're done okay?” Draco said, his turn to not look at Ginny. He could see her red curls bob as she nodded yes. He walked off towards the stairs while Ginny proceeded into the Great Hall.

“Oh Ginny! Where did those come from? Maybe from a seeeeeecreeeet admirer?” Hermione asked Ginny, elbowing Harry when she said the word `secret'.

Ginny paled. She still had the bouquet in her arms.

“Oh! Um… I uh…. I was uh…. Studying in the greenhouses…. And I made a bouquet. For um… Decoration…. In the dorm.” Ginny said, laying the flowers on the table.

“I hope nothing you picked is going to eat me.” Ron said, shying away from the flowers, eyeing them as if one of the blooms was going to crawl towards him in an attempt to swallow him whole.

“They're safe.” Ginny said, gently touching the paper surrounding the flowers. She smiled.

First chocolates, now flowers? All apologetic gifts but exactly what did it all mean? She needed to hurry and eat so she could go and meet Draco. They REALLY needed to talk.

~*~*~*~

Ginny slowly approached the hallway in which they had their big argument last Monday. Draco was leaning against the wall, arms folded. He looked up as she approached. None of the other students passing down the hall looked their way.

“Hi.” Ginny said.

“Where are the flowers?” Draco asked, seeing her empty hands.

“I brought them to my room. Too big to keep carrying around. Plus they needed water.” She said, shrugging her shoulders.

“Ah.” Draco said.

Silence set in between the two.

“So….” Ginny started.

“Yeah….” Was Draco's response.

“We really need to discuss--” He motioned between the two of them with his hand. “This.”

“What's there to discuss?” Ginny asked sharply, looking away.

“I mean I liked the chocolates and the flowers. It was a nice gesture.” Ginny said. “I appreciate your apology but you know that last Sunday was just a mistake. It was a one night stand.”

The last words burnt on her tongue. It sounded so cruel.

“What about what happened at the lake? Was that a mistake?” Draco nearly snapped. Ginny bit her lip and looked away, avoiding his intense stare.

Ginny couldn't fool herself. It had been intentional.

“I thought so.” Draco said, sadistically satisfied. He gracefully slouched on the wall.

“What about those butterflies? Did you take care of them?” Ginny asked, turning the attention to Draco. He was quiet.

“I thought so.” She replied in a mocking tone.

“I tried.” Draco said. “The bastards must be immune or something….”

Ginny blushed. The butterflies in her own stomach started a flutter. Ever since the Hogsmeade trip on Saturday, they had been there. She couldn't deny them any longer. It had been torture trying to ignore them all this time.

“Look.” Ginny said, holding her hand up and shaking her head.

“This is COMPLETELY insane. You're…. You. And I'm… Me.”

“You don't think that I find this absolutely crazy as well? Because, believe me, I do.”

“You`re first class and I`m….. Well look at me!” Ginny said.

“I am.” Draco said sincerely. She looked up at him with watery eyes. His gray eyes stared intently back.

“This is wrong.” She said, shaking her head and turning away from him, arms hugging herself.

“It is indeed problematic. Dangerous even.” Draco mused.

“Not to mention scandalous.” Ginny added.

“Most definitely.” Draco agreed.

“Do you want us to stop?” He questioned.

“No.” Ginny answered immediately.

“That was a quick answer. Are you sure?”

“I don't need to think about it.”

“What about Potter?”

“What about him?”

“Don't you think you should tell him?”

“Tell him what?”

“That you're my girl-”

“Hold it right there mister! I am NOT your girlfriend.”

“What are you then? My lady friend?”

“Oh Merlin that sounds even worse.”

“Then what are we? Obviously we're not just friends anymore.”

“I don't know what we are.”

“Maybe you should ask Granger. She seems to have answer for everything.”

“You're such a jerk!”

“Yes I am but you like me anyways.”

The two stopped their bickering for a moment.

Ginny sighed.

“All right. I don't know WHAT we are but I really don't think we need any labels right now.”

“If you think so.” Draco said, shrugging.

Ginny glared at him.

“I don't need labels to tell me what I already know, thank you very much.” She snapped.

“What do you know exactly?” Draco pressed. Ginny went red.

“That er….. You like me and…. I like you…. I guess.” She answered.

“I see.” Draco said, smirking.

“But don't think because I've admitted it means you get to….. To… To hold my hand or such things.” Ginny said, going redder by the second.

Draco grinned evilly.

“Like I would hold hands with you.” Draco said. He stuck his hands in his pockets and proceeded to stroll out of the hallway. Ginny stared dumbfounded after him.

“What do you mean you wouldn't hold hands with me?” She yelled after him.

~*~*~*~

Meanwhile, at the Malfoy Manor, Lucius and Narcissa were getting ready to turn in early. A house elf turned down the bed sheets and deeply bowed before scurrying from the room.

“Ah…” Lucius said, suddenly clutching his chest.

“What's wrong my dear?” Narcissa asked quickly, looking concerned at her husband

“I sense a disturbance in the Malfoy line….” Lucius gasped.

“Oh pish posh! You and your nonsense! Go to bed!” Narcissa said, waving her hand at him. She daintily got into the bed, pulling the silk sheets up to her graceful neck.

“You think I'm joking woman?” Lucius snapped. “Something is amiss….”

~*~*~*~

The following Monday, Ginny hurried to the bathroom to get ready for the day. She was anxious.

Minutes later.

“Oh thank MERLIN!!!” Ginny cried out.

“What are you yelling about in there?” Hermione called to her.

“I got my PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!” Ginny screamed out of pure joy.

“All you all right? I wouldn't exactly be thrilled about a week of irritability and foul tasting potions for cramps.” Hermione said.

“I am MORE than all right!” Ginny said, practically dancing out of the bathroom, brushing her hair as she went.

“Well. I'm sure your mood will definitely brighten everyone's day.” Hermione said, smiling at her.

Ginny was all smiles. She couldn't wait to get to class. It would be the first time she would be near Draco since their talk in the hallway.

The week since their discussion had been uneventful and without meeting. They had given each other smiles across the Great Hall at meal times. Today felt like a good day.

During lunch, Harry and Ron took notice to Ginny's exceptionally cheery mood.

“What's her deal?” Ron asked.

“Lady issues.” Hermione whispered.

“Urgh.” Harry and Ron said in unison. Ron received a slap on the knee from Hermione.

“Don't be so insensitive!” She scolded.

“Someone else seems to be in a pretty good mood.” Harry said, changing the subject. He nodded towards the Slytherin table at Ron and Hermione's confused looks.

“Malfoy. He seems to be back to his old, pompous self.” Harry explained.

Draco was standing over a group of 6th year students, who were cowering from him. He seemed to be bossing them around, much like other students back in the day had. He had a big smirk on his face, reveling in the satisfaction of being top Slytherin.

“Wonder why he's so happy.” Hermione said, passing around a basket of rolls.

“Maybe he just got his monthly allowance of a million Galleons.” Ron guessed glumly.

“Come now Ron.” Harry said, clapping a hand on his friends back. “Don't waste your time with him.”

“Hurry up! We should get to class early today! Today's lecture is about avoiding procrastination! Something YOU two need to pay attention to!” Hermione said, indicating the boys sitting on either side of her.

“You say something `Mione?” Ron asked.

~*~*~*~

In NEWT prep, Ginny tried not to look anxious as she waited for Draco to come into the classroom. She busied herself with her handbook for the class, not looking at the door.

“'Sup Scarhead? Weasel? Granger?” Draco asked, smirking at the trio as he walked past them on the way to his seat behind Ginny.

Ginny blushed and stifled a giggle at the shocked looks on her friends faces. Draco had hardly said a word to any of them, especially Harry, since the beginning of school.

“How come you didn't get a nickname?” Ron whined to Hermione. She shrugged. Harry seemed mildly irritated.

“Hey you.” Draco purred into Ginny's ear as he took his seat. She giggled and blushed behind her pamphlet.

“Miss me?” He asked. Ginny giggled again and nodded.

“Good.” He said. She could tell by the sound of his voice that he was smiling. It made her smile too.

After class, the four Gryffindors headed towards their common room.

“Forgetting something?” Drawled a voice behind them. They stopped and turned around.

“Excuse me?” Ron asked, stepping forward, shielding Hermione.

“Not you.” Draco said. He reached out and pulled Ginny towards him much to everyone's surprise.

“We were going to the library to work on that extra credit NEWT prep assignment, remember?” Draco said to Ginny, quickly winking.

“Oh yes! I almost forgot. Yes, we were going to go to the library and work on that extra credit NEWT prep assignment.” Ginny repeated, playing along. Draco slung an arm around her shoulders, letting it relax casually. Harry and Ron went red in the face with anger. Hermione, however, had other things to worry about.

“What extra credit assignment?!?!” she asked in a panic. “I didn't hear anything about an extra credit assignment!”

“That's because you had to ask for it.” Draco said, rolling his eyes.

“Omigosh! I didn't think to ask if there was any extra credit I could be doing!” Hermione said, now in full blown panic mode. “I have to go back and ask if there is any other extra assignments he can give out!” she said, rushing off back towards the classroom.

Ron glared at Draco.

“Get your hands off my sister.” He growled.

“Really- Ron. It's fine.” Ginny said before Draco could comment. “I can take care of myself.”

Harry stared with his eyebrows furrowed at the two. The casual way Draco leaned on Ginny's shoulders, the way her hip leaned towards his. He must be seeing things. He was letting paranoia get to him.

“It's just an assignment. Don't worry.” She assured them again. The boys continued to be silent.

“Let's go before it gets crowded.” Ginny said to Draco. She turned around and walked towards the library, leaving the speechless Ron and Harry behind.

After they were out of earshot, Ginny spoke up.

“Extra credit assignment?” She asked.

“Of course. Did you have a better idea of how we could have some alone time?” He said lightly.

“You want alone time?” Ginny asked, blushing slightly.

“Why wouldn't I?” He asked, smirking. Ginny smiled.

“What happened to not wanting to hold my hand?” She asked.

“I'm not holding your hand.” Draco said.

“You've got your arm around my shoulders still. That constitutes as touching.”

“I never said I didn't want to touch you.”

“You don't want to hold my hand though.”

“Holding hands is over-rated.”

“Is it now?”

“Of course it is Ginny. Now speed up the pace so we can get a table in the back.”

Ginny blushed.

~*~*~*~

Once at the library, they wandered through the aisles of bookshelves.

“So I've been wondering.” Ginny said, letting her finger run across a dusty bookshelf. She brushed the dust from her finger.

“Hmm?” Draco asked, scanning bookshelves.

“How did I get back to my room that night?” she asked, blushing.

“Well… Afterwards, you looked over at me and said point blank- `Draco I'm tired. Take me home.' So I obliged. You may think that I'm a jerk Ginny but I most certainly still am a gentleman.”

“That still doesn't answer my question.” Ginny said, drawing patterns in each dust coated bookshelf they came to.

“What else do you want to know?”

“How I physically got back to school.”

“I carried you.”

Ginny went red in the face and stopped her dust doodling.

“Then what?” She said after a moment, having regained her composure.

“Dropped you off in front of the Fat Lady. Luckily she was muttering the password between snores so I was able to get you in.

“You were IN the common room?” Ginny said a little too loud. Ginny stopped and waited for Madam Pince to show to shush her but thankfully she didn't appear.

“You were conscious enough by that point to take the clothes I folded for you and wobble upstairs.” Draco smirked at the memory.

“You're lucky you didn't break an ankle in those shoes the way you were walking.” He told her. Ginny went red again.

“You give one mean hickey.” Ginny blurted.

“Do I now?” Draco asked, raising an eyebrow at her. He plucked a few books from a shelf and moved on to the next bookshelf.

“Thankfully, Hermione knows a good concealing spell.” Ginny said, sticking her tongue out at Draco.

“Figures.” He replied, rolling his eyes. He sighed, picking out another book.

“You ought to consider trimming those claws of yours. I believe I still have scratches from you.” Draco said lightly, causing Ginny to blush.

“Sorry.” She mumbled.

“I've had worse.” He said, shrugging.

Ginny blushed. She wasn't going to ask. At least… Not today.

“I think these will be enough.” Draco said, grabbing two more books and adding them to his pile.

“For what?” Ginny asked.

“The extra credit assignment.” Draco said.

“But I thought you made it up.” she said, frowning.

“Nope.” Draco said, smirking.

Ginny's mouth fell open.

“You mean we have to do work?”

“Yeah. I made sure we'd have several weeks just the two of us here in the library.”

Ginny bit her lip. Doing homework was Hermione's fun idea of a date. Not hers.

“Not exactly your cup of tea?” Draco asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

“It's fine. Next time, though, I get to decide what we do.” she told him, leading the way back to their table.

“Oh really? Says whom?” Draco asked, following close behind.

“I do.”

“So you wear the pants in this…. Whatever it is?”

“Yes.” Ginny replied.

“I think I can take those pants off you.” Draco purred. Ginny went bright red in the face. She whirled around.

“That was a one time thing! I told you! Don't think its ever going to happen again!” she said to him, pointing a finger at him. Draco just smirked again.

She would grow to eat those words.

~*~*~*~

The next day at lunch Hermione hung all over Ginny.

“Are you SURE you don't need help with the assignment?” Hermione asked for what was probably the umpteenth time.

“We are FINE Hermione.” Ginny said, letting her silverware clatter noisily against her plate.

“For Merlin's sake it isn't even that big of an assignment anyways.” Ginny said, wiping her hand on her napkin.

“You really couldn't use a third person?” Hermione begged.

“Yes Hermione. We are fine as it is. Just the two of us.” Ginny said, now beginning to gather her belongings. It was nearing the end of lunch and she was meeting Draco again at the library.

“Just be careful.” Harry told Ginny. “Malfoy seems up to something.”

Ginny sighed and rolled her eyes.

“I can tell you, he's not up to anything.”

“Well when I asked the professor about the extra credit assignment he said that it was Draco's idea that you help him with it.” Hermione said.

Ginny stopped for a moment,

“Well the professor must be mistaken because Draco told me that it was the professor's idea that I help because we worked so well on that team assignment.” She said, holding her head high.

“Think about it `Mione. Malfoy hates us. He would never do anything with us intentionally.” Ron put in.

“Just keep an eye out, all right Gin?” Harry said.

Ginny just grabbed her book bag and stormed off towards the library.

~*~*~*~

Ginny threw her bag down on a table in the library, causing a cloud of dust to rise up. The loud noise earned her a `SHHH!' from Madam Pince, who sat behind a desk near the front of the library.

“What's wrong with you?” Draco asked from the armchair next to the table.

“I'm not in the mood.” Ginny said, collapsing into the adjacent armchair.

“Fine.” Draco said, returning to the book he was reading.

There was silence between the two, the only noise being that of turning pages.

“I mean they are SO annoying!” Ginny burst out.

Draco lowered his book slightly.

“I thought you didn't want to talk about it.” He said. He raised the book again.

Ginny sighed.

“They are SO annoying sometimes!”

“Don't I know it.”

“They act like nobody changes. It's a bunch of bullocks. Ron and Hermione have changed. They hated each other. Look at them now! Look at Neville! He helped with the Voldemorts defeat. Never saw that one coming come first year did you? I think not!” Ginny ranted.

“So I take it someone made a comment that you didn't take kindly to?” Draco drawled from behind his book.

“Yes.” Ginny mumbled. She pushed herself out of the armchair and stormed off into the rows of books behind their table. She needed to be alone.

Ron's words echoed in her head. Malfoys would never do anything with Weasleys intentionally. She knew in her heart that it was wrong. Draco had changed. She knew it. Why couldn't anyone else see it? Or maybe she had been wrong. If she was wrong, then was Draco just playing her this entire time?

She had made it close to the Restricted Section of the library when she realized Draco had followed her back there. He practically had her corned.

“Leave me alone Draco.” She said, turning to get away from him. She couldn't go anywhere. She turned around, Draco was advancing towards her. She backed up, back pressing up against a bookshelf.

“Who said it.” He growled.

“Said what.” Ginny said.

“Who said it.” He repeated.

She avoided his stare and looked over his shoulder as he loomed towards her.

“Ron.” she said, not looking at him.

“What did he say.”

“That you would never do anything with us Weasleys intentionally.” She said, looking at the floor.

“And you believed him?” He asked, his face dangerously close to hers now. She shied away from him.

“No.” she shook her head adamantly.

“Then why are you upset?” He whispered.

“Because I wish they would see you how I do.” She sniffed.

A hand made its way up to her face and brushed a strand of hair out of her face.

After a long pause and a deep breath, he lowered his lips to hers and gave her a gentle kiss.

He pulled away after a moment.

“What was that for.” Ginny asked, blushing a deep red.

He took a step back, stuffed his hands in his pockets, and shrugged.

“Thought it was deserving.” He muttered, shrugging his shoulders.

“Ah.” Ginny said, looking down.

“A Malfoy would never do anything intentionally with a Weasley, huh?” he replied, smirking.

“Crazy right?” Ginny asked meeting his eyes.

The smirk grew wider.

“Scandalous.”

~*~*~*~

Next Monday in NEWT Prep, Hermione glowered in her seat as the professor praised the extra credit assignment Draco and Ginny turned in.

“Wonderful wonderful!” the teacher beamed at the two of them as he leafed through the several pieces of parchment that were handed in.

“100 extra points to each your houses for your added effort! Yes yes!” The professor said. He used his wand to stamp a smiley face on the top of the paper.

Hermione wasn't the only one glowering in her seat. Harry had his arms crossed, glaring at Ginny and Malfoy at the professor's desk.

“Do you think there's something we don't know?” Harry whispered to Ron.

“What do you mean?” Hermione interrupted.

“I mean look at them.” Harry said.

The three looked.

“I just see a blonde ferret who used my sister's smarts to get a passing grade in this class.” Ron grumbled.

“I see myself having to study an extra 10 hours this week because I lost out on that extra credit assignment.” Hermione replied, sighing.

Harry was quiet with his answer.

His insides churned as he watched Ginny give a beaming smile to Draco as the professor handed them their extra credit assignment back. Draco gave her a smile back and quickly winked at her, causing her to blush. On the way to their desks Ginny had a spring to her step, Draco eyeing her arse as she sashayed to her seat, which initiated a pompous looking strut on behalf of Draco.

“I see something fishy.” He replied.

~*~*~*~

“So what are you doing Thursday.” Draco casually asked Ginny during the study portion of NEWT prep. Ginny was turned in her seat and was sharing Draco's desktop.

“Besides class, just homework and studying.” She shrugged behind her book. “Why do you ask?”

“I owe someone a visit.” He grumbled.

“You don't have to visit me.” Ginny whispered, blushing.

“Not you. Zabini.”

Ginny put her book down.

“It's not a Hogsmeade weekend. And you're talking about Thursday anyways.” She said.

“It's called `sneaking out'. Have you ever heard of it? It's quite fun sometimes.” He replied sarcastically.

“Ha ha.” Ginny replied mockingly. “I know what sneaking out is. You don't think I've snuck out before?”

“Most likely not.”

“Well I HAVE thank you very much.”

“Yeah? To where? The kitchens in the middle of the night?”

Ginny was silent.

Draco sighed from behind his book.

“That doesn't constitute as sneaking out.”

“Fine. But I don't want to go back to that place after what happened last time.”

“Come on.” Draco slightly whined. “I owe him.”

“You can go on your own. I don't need to hold your hand. You don't want to hold it anyways.”

Draco sighed again.

“He wants me to bring you. He owled me last week.”

“Why? So he can exploit my dancing talents?”

“He better not.”

“Fine. Whatever. I'll go. But if we get in trouble I'm blaming it all on you.”

“Deal.” Draco said, sounding very pleased with himself.

~*~*~*~

The bell rang signaling the end of class. The students clambered for their belongings. Ginny smiled at Draco before heading out of the classroom.

Draco stuffed his books in his leather book bag before hefting it onto his shoulder.

“Hey Malfoy.” Came a harsh voice from behind him. He slowly turned around.

“Can I not help you Potter?” Draco replied snarkily.

Harry glared at him.

“I don't know what you're up to, but I'm on to you.” Harry told him.

“I don't know what you're talking about.”

“Don't mess with me Malfoy.”

“I'm not messing with you, Potter. No one's out to get you. Just leave me alone.” Draco said, moving to shove past him.

“I'll leave you alone once you leave Ginny alone.” Harry demanded. Draco stopped.

“Who are you to tell me to leave her alone? Wasn't it her who told me to leave you alone six years ago?”

“She doesn't need a jerk like you bothering her and staring at her arse. That's right. I saw you looking at it.”

“So? Wouldn't you want to look at it if it was wiggling right in front of you?”

“Just leave her alone. She's mine.”

“She's yours? She's a person Potter, not a piece of property. You should learn some manners.” Draco said, shoving past Harry.

~*~*~*~

“Do we really have to be out so late?' Ginny asked, rubbing her arms through her robe. The sweater she wore underneath didn't help much against the cold October air as she and Draco walked down to Hogsmeade.

“His place doesn't open until late. Who wants to party at one in the afternoon? No one.” Was Draco's response.

“Alcoholics might.” Ginny pointed out.

Draco shrugged.

“Why did he want me to come> He's your friend. Not mine.”

“He said he had something for you.”

“Hope its not our sex tape.” Ginny grumbled.

“For Merlin's sake woman! There is NO sex tape.”

“How do you know?” She snapped.

Draco growled and rolled his eyes.

“I don't, all right? Just…. Come off it.”

“Fine.” Ginny said defeated.

“Here. Take my coat.” Draco said, stopping on the pathway to shrug out of his fancy black long coat.

“It's cold out.” Ginny protested.

“I'll be fine.” He told her. He handed the coat to her. She handed him her wand, which they had been using to light their way to Hogsmeade.

She slid into the coat, the warmth from his body still lingering. It instantly warmed her. Draco handed her wand back.

“Thank you.” She said.

“You're welcome.” Draco replied.

Once they reached Hogsmeade, Zabini's, the Three Broomsticks, and the Hog's Head were the only places still open. A loud, repetitive, thump was coming from Zabini's. It grew louder as someone opened the door and exited. Draco held the door open to Ginny who quickly darted in.

“What is that awful racket?” Ginny yelled over the music to Draco.

“I don't think I want to know.” He replied. He scanned the room, finding Blaise behind the bar. Blaise waved animatedly at them.

Draco put his hand on the small of Ginny's back and led her towards the bar.

“Hey!!! You made it!” Blaise called over the thumping music to the two.

“What the bloody hell are you playing?” Draco yelled, indicating the music.

“It's Techno Thursday mate! Glow stick?” Blaise replied, holding out plastic glowing key chains to Draco.

“What are you doing with those Muggle party favors?” Draco asked, disgusted.

“These are from her brothers shop.” Blaise said, nodding towards Ginny. “They never go out!” Blaise explained. Ginny shook her head at the key chains.

“No thanks.” She called over the music.

“Pleased to see you little lady.” Blaise, making the gesture of tipping a hat to her.

“Hi.” Ginny replied, unenthused.

“So we came to visit. What do you want.” Draco said.

“For you.” Blaise said, indicating Draco. “I have my latest concoction.” sliding a lime green drink towards him.

“And you miss.” Blaise said, this time to Ginny. He pulled a drawstring bag from his pocket.

“Your earnings.” He said, presenting the bag to her with a flourish of his hands.

“My what?” Ginny asked, reaching for the bag. She pulled open the top, tipped it over the counter and out spilled wizard money.

“Why are you paying her?” Draco snapped at Blaise.

“That night she was in here last was my best night to date. This is her share.” Blaise said, grinning. Ginny went bright red in the face.

Draco reached across the bar and grabbed Blaise by the front of his shirt.

“Don't give her money for that! She's not one of your burlesque dancers!” Draco threatened.

“Calm down mate!” Blaise said, wrenching free of Draco's grip. “I'm not cheap! I pay all my girls!”

“She's not YOUR girl.” Draco snarled.

“I can't take your money.” Ginny said, pushing the bag of money back across the bar to Blaise.

“I insist.” Blaise said, smoothing his shirt from where Draco grabbed it.

Ginny bit her lip and shook her head.

“If you don't take it here I'm just going to owl it to you later.” Blaise said, reaching for an empty glass.

Ginny stared at Blaise for a while before reaching her hand out for the bag.

“This ones on the house.” Blaise said, handing her a glass of the same drink that Draco had already successfully downed.

“So how are things?” Blaise asked, leaning his arms on the counter.

“Fine.” Draco answered. “Mother says Father has been feeling ill lately but he's all right.”

“I meant with this.” Blaise said, motioning to the both of them.

“You put any of my advice to any good use? Huh huh?” Blaise asked Draco.

“Oy! We need more ice!” called out another bartender from down behind the bar.

“Oy! It's in the cooler out back!” Blaise called to him.

“It's locked! And you have the key!”

“For fucks sake Marcus!” Blaise said, throwing his hands up in the air. He turned to Draco and Ginny.

“Pardon my language.“ He winked at Ginny. “I'll be back.” he told Draco.

“He KNOWS?” Ginny asked, whirling around to Draco in her seat in the barstool.

“It's his club.” Draco said, reaching behind the bar counter and grabbing a bottle and popping the top off.

“But he KNOWS.” Ginny wailed. She hid her face in her hands for a moment before slapping Draco's arm.

“Why didn't you tell me he knew?”

“You didn't ask!” Draco said in defense.

“But you didn't think that I should know that someone else knew what happened here?”

“I did but I knew you'd get mad so I didn't say anything!”

“I'm mad you didn't tell me!”

“Well I'm sorry, I should have told you.” Draco said, taking a swig from the bottle.

They didn't speak to one another until Blaise got back from getting the ice.

“I take it I'm the only one who knows?” Blaise asked, cocking an eyebrow at them.

“It would seem so.” Ginny replied unhappily.

“Come on. It's not that bad.” Blaise said. “I'm sure Draco makes a fine boyfriend.”

“He's not my boyfriend.”

“I'm not her boyfriend.”

The two said at the same time.

“Really now? Then would one of you like to explain to me then what THIS is?” Blaise said, stepping back and crossing his arms across his chest.

“We don't know what it is.” Draco said.

“He's a Malfoy. And I'm a Weasley. It's bad enough right there.” Ginny grumbled.

“It's scandalous!” Blaise gushed.

“We know.” The two said in unison.

“Admitting you're boyfriend and girlfriend isn't going to make it any different.” Blaise pointed out. “So you might as well do it.”

Draco looked over at Ginny, who was staring at him. She quickly looked away.

“Come on mate.” Blaise whispered to Draco though with the music so loud it shouldn't even be considered whispering. “She's special. Like, diamonds and pearls kind of special.”

“I know that.” Draco snapped at him.

“She's got your head spinning and you're in a twirl. Grow a pair and admit you're her boyfriend.”

“No. She has to want it or I'm not admitting to anything.” Draco said, turning away from Ginny. He knew she could hear.

Blaise turned his attention to Ginny.

“Look, I know he's been a major jerk in the past and all that. His family is trying to branch away from what happened this summer. You know that right?”

“Right.” Ginny said, playing around with her empty glass.

“Sure, he's dangerous. Non stop looks to kill. Straight talk sex appeal. One touch gives you chill. You didn't think I noticed that when he led you over here to the bar well I did.” Blaise hissed in her ear.

Ginny blushed and started playing with a strand of hair.

“He's got you feening and he's got you feeling weak. You've got him going crazy. He can't sleep. Don't worry about your no fortune. Your moves… You hypnotize him. You`re his number one and you came to rock his world.”

“All right all right I get it.” Ginny said, irking away from Blaise.

“So how's about it you two?” Blaise said, looking between the two. “A little stimulation? A little conversation maybe?”

“Fine. We can talk about it.” Draco said, not looking at Ginny.

“That's a step mate. Now why don't you take the lady to dance floor. I've got work to do. Money to make. Bills to pay. Chop chop!” Blaise said, waving the couple away from his bar counter.

Draco stood up and waited for Ginny to slide down, a bit wobbly, off her barstool. He started to lead the way to the dance floor.

“Aw come on!” Blaise called after them. “After all I just said would you hold her bloody hand already?” Blaise barked at Draco.

Draco sighed as several heads turned to look in their direction.

Draco reached down and grabbed Ginny's hand, intertwining his fingers with hers. He held her hand tightly, almost in a fist, but not tight enough to hurt.

He pulled her to a far corner of the dance floor near the private curtained rooms.

“Is it that bad?” Ginny asked.

“What?” Draco asked.

“Holding my hand.”

Draco looked down at their hands.

“It's okay.” Draco said, trying to keep himself from smiling. “I still think its overrated though.” He said.

“You like holding my hand.” Ginny said, grinning, swinging the arm of the hand Draco was holding back and forth.

“I like a lot of things.” Draco told her, moving closer to her. His voice was beginning to hurt from all the shouting.

“Like what?” Ginny asked.

“Well, you're hot stuff, head to toe.” Draco said, pulling her hand up and twirling around. Ginny giggled and nearly tripped over herself. She fell into him.

“Ow! You're solid as a rock.” Ginny whined, rubbing the shoulder that collided with Draco's chest with her free hand.

“I think you need to sit down.” Draco told Ginny.

“No not in there!” she complained as Draco pulled her into one of the booths.

“Where else do you want to sit? At the bar? It's quieter in here.” Draco said. Ginny frowned at the room.

“I still don't like this place.” Ginny said, sitting on the couch.

“What was in that drink?” Ginny asked.

“Hard liquor.”

“It was good.” she said.

“It was. Really hit the spot.” Draco said. The next thing he knew, Ginny had crawled into his lap and leaned in close to his ear, her hair tickling his nose.


“How many ways can you hit the spot?” she purred into his ear. She nipped at his earlobe with her teeth, causing him to take in a sharp breath.

“Show me what you got.” he smirked.

At that moment it was all about the two of them. And as the night progressed, it was obvious: a one night stand was not enough.

~*~*~*~

Author's Note- Feening is apparently a slang term for craving. I had to look it up after reading the lyrics for the chapters inspired song. For those who are curious, the techno song from the club is `Bidibodi Bidibu' by `Bubbles'. Sorry this chapter took a while to get out. I seemed to be working a lot. Hopefully the next chapter will be out soon. I'm excited to write the next chapter so there's a good chance it will be. Don't want to keep all you readers and reviewers waiting. Please review! Thank you!

-->

7. Love Lockdown


The Adventure

By RowlingIdol

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. I don't own the song `Love Lockdown'. This chapter contains slight language and sexual references. Review if you wish! They are most appreciated.

Author's Note- There's also two bits from Kelly Clarkson's `I Do Not Hook Up' mixed in here, but I can only name the chapter after one song, and this is the one I originally chose.

Chapter 7: Love Lockdown

Ginny stormed into the library the next afternoon after lunch time. She breathed heavily as she stomped up and down the aisles of bookshelves until she found what she was looking for.

“This really needs to stop happening.” Ginny snapped at Draco, ripping away the book that he was reading from his hands and face.

“I don't know what you're talking about. Now give me that back, I was reading.” Draco said, sitting up in his armchair and reaching for the book. Ginny held it up behind her head.

“Don't you `I don't know what you're talking about' me.” she said, waggling a finger in his direction.

“You know perfectly well what I'm talking about.”

“What? That we hooked up again?” He drawled, winked, and smirked at the same time.

“Don't call it that. I do NOT hook up!” She said, throwing the book back at him.

“Then what do you call it?”

“Impaired judgment.” Ginny snapped.

“Sounds like hooking up to me.” Draco said, reclining in his armchair, propping his book open again.

Ginny fumed, her hands tightening into fists down at her sides.

“I don't know why you're so mad.” He said from behind the book. “At least it wasn't on the couch again.”

“Against a wall doesn't make it any better.” Ginny growled.

“Are you sure about that? Because when you put your hands on it and backed up your-”

“STOP!” Ginny said loudly. Draco sniggered.

“You shut up!” she hissed at him. The sniggering quickly stopped.

“Now you listen.” She said, pointing a finger in his direction again.

“I have a sneaking suspicion that Blaise knows this happened again, but don't you DARE go around telling all your friends about this, understand?” she snapped.

“Oh sure. I'm going to tell all my friends right now.” Draco said, lowering his book. “Hey Ginny, guess what?”

“What.”

“I slept with you- AGAIN!”

Ginny frowned at him, hands on her hips.

“Honestly. Do you think I'm going to tell people? Really woman…” He said, going back to his book.

Ginny continued to stand menacingly in front of him.

“What do you want from me?” Draco asked, lowering his book again.

“For you to say you're sorry.” Ginny whined.

“Fine.” Draco said, slightly closing his book.

“I'm not sorry I shagged your brains out last night.”

He went back to his book.

“You can't say you're not sorry!” Ginny spluttered exasperated.

“You didn't specify what kind of `sorry' you wanted.”

“Urgh! You're impossible.” Ginny said, throwing her hands in the air.

“You lo… You like it though.” Draco stuttered from behind his book.

Ginny huffed and impatiently tapped her foot.

After a minute of this Draco lowered his book again and stared at her.

“Can I help you?” He asked.

She continued to glare at him.

“That's really annoying you know that right?” Draco asked her, indicating her tapping.

“Oh I'm quite aware of that.” She replied.

“So are you going to stop?” He glared.

“Nope.”

“Fine. Maybe I should just let Potter take his property then.” He lazily drawled as he went back to his book.

The tapping stopped. He grinned behind his book at this result.

“What did you say?” She whispered harshly.

“Oh he didn't tell you?” Draco asked.

“For your information, Wonder Boy himself told me after class yesterday to leave his hot piece of arse alone.”

Ginny went red.

“He said that?”

“Well. It was more along the lines of- I saw you starting at her arse, leave her alone, she's mine. But I like my version better.” Draco said smugly.

“You were looking at my arse in class?” Ginny squeaked.

“It's perky.” Draco said, shrugging.

She blushed and put her hands behind her back.

“Never mind that.” She said aloud, shaking her head.

“Now what's this about how I'm his property.”

“Potter believes you're his. Like you're his territory. He might as well have peed on you to mark you as such. It seems he thinks you've already given him your answer…… Have you?”

“No.” Ginny said, suddenly feeling very guilty.

She had promised Harry she was going to re-think them getting back together. Then everything changed once she had slept with Draco. She should have been able to push the event to the back of her mind and make her decision. So why hadn't she? She knew that Harry would be hurt, and that Ron and Hermione wouldn't understand. Her mother would try to persuade her to retract her rejection of Harry.

Even she did all that, then where did that leave Draco? If she went public with him, the reactions would quite similar. Hermione might be the most understanding of all her friends. Then again, Draco and Hermione didn't like each other. None of her friends liked him.

She sighed.

“I really should.” She mumbled.

“Should what.” Draco said, stomach tightening.

“Give him my answer.” She said.

His heart fell hearing the words.

“What is your answer.” He dared to ask.

The mood between the two was somber.

“It depends.” she said, shrugging.

“On what.”

“Well…. There's this guy.”

Draco slammed his book shut, making Ginny jump.

“Really Ginny? TWO guys? First Potter now another one? Who is it? Is it Neville? I knew it. He always gave you the oogle eye in the Great Hall.” Draco began ranting.

Ginny giggled.

“I'm talking about you, idiot!” She said. Draco stopped fuming immediately.

“Oh.” he said.

“Look, it's stupid anyways.” she said, shaking her head and turning to leave.

“Wait.”

She stopped but kept her back towards him. There was a creak as Draco got up from his armchair.

“I was meaning to say something to you…. But….. Well….. I guess I ought to now.” He said.

The swarm of butterflies started in Ginny's stomach and her heart swelled.

“I have to go home.” Draco blurted.

Ginny turned around.

“Why?” She asked concerned.

“It's my Father. I got the letter earlier today. I came here to think.”

“Is he okay?'

“Yes. He just likes to blow things out of proportion. Mother wants me to come home for the weekend. It's already been cleared by McGonagall. Professor Slughorn is accompanying me.”

“I see.” Ginny said. She was hoping for something else.

“When do you leave.” She asked, looking down and shuffling her feet.

“Around six.” Draco said, looking at his watch.

“So a couple of hours then.” Ginny said.

“Yeah.” Draco mumbled.

She turned around quickly so he couldn't see that tears had started to rise in her eyes.

“Well….. Enjoy your visit. Goodbye.” She forced out. She then rushed from the library.

~*~*~*~

Draco came home very annoyed. Professor Slughorn was quite the chatterer and hadn't shut his mouth since Draco had gone to his office for them to take a portkey to the Manor. Plus, he had left on bad terms with Ginny, something he hadn't wanted.

“Oh good you're here!” Narcissa said, hurrying into the room looking a bit frazzled.

“Hello Mrs. Malfoy! You are looking as lovely as usual! I was just telling Draco here how I admire how you've re-decorated your house. It's quite splendid. So much more space than mine. I swear I have about a thousand chairs and couches and-”

“It's nice to see you too.” Narcissa said, cutting off Professor Slughorn.

“Draco. Your father requests an audience with you in his room. Professor, evening tea is being served in the parlor.”

“Tea! How splendid!” Professor Slughorn said. He gave Draco a hearty clap on the back causing him to nearly fall over.

“Draco! Posture!” Narcissa scolded as her son righted himself. “What would your father say?” He heard her mutter to herself.

Draco sighed and made his way to the stairs. He climbed them slowly, his feet feeling heavy with each step.

When he reached his fathers room he knocked on the door.

“Come in.” Drawled his fathers voice. With one large sigh Draco entered the room.

“Hello Father. How are you feeling?” Draco asked, coming into the bedroom.

Lucius was propped up on pillows, a house elf pouring a hot cup of tea off to the side. The house elf bowed deeply to Lucius before handing him the tea.

“Took you long enough.” Lucius snapped at the creature. The elf bowed to Draco before scampering from the room.

“How do you think I look Draco?” Lucius snapped again, this time at Draco.

Draco gritted his teeth. His father looked perfectly fine.

“You've looked worse.” Was Draco's answer.

Lucius snorted.

“Of course I've looked worse. That's not what I asked you. Come here boy.”

Draco moved closer to the bed. He took a seat that was placed next to the bed. His mother probably had been occupying it earlier.

“How is school.” Lucius asked gruffly, taking a shaky sip of tea.

“It's going well father.”

“Did that tutor we hire help? Merlin knows how much he cost us.”

“Yes father. I'm in good standings with the NEWT professor. I completed an extra credit assignment before Granger.”

“Excellent…” Lucius mumbled.

“Are you pleased we made you return to school Draco?” Lucius drawled, giving his son a side look.

“Yes father, though may I remind you, I didn't have any say in the matter.”

“You needn't remind me of such things Draco, tsk tsk.” Lucius said, taking another sip of tea.

The same house elf hurried back into the bedroom and handed Draco a cup of tea before scurrying away.

“Have you given what you are going to do after school any thought?” Lucius inquired.

“Some.” Draco admitted.

“Some?”

“Yes. Some.”

“Well?”

“Well I was thinking about banking….”

Lucius snorted.

“Or maybe real estate… Like Blaise.”

“Blaise? Ha! No son of mine is going to be in that line of work! I know of that place of his. A damnation of an establishment if you ask me. Don't think I don't know what goes on in there.” Lucius said giving Draco a hard look with a raised eyebrow.

Draco coughed, choking on his tea.

“Aha! So you HAVE been there!” Lucius said.

Draco pounded his chest, still coughing.

“He's my friend. Of course I have.” Draco gasped out. He coughed a couple of more times.

“You need to be serious about your future Draco. Do you know what is expected of you?”

“Yes father.” Draco said. “Graduate and get a good job.”

“And?” Lucius added.

“And…… Make a lot of money?”

“Wrong boy!” Lucius said loudly. Afterwards Lucius winced before taking another sip of his cooling tea.

“Your are expected to settle down, get married. Make your family proud.”

Draco began to fiddle with his tea cup.

“Who is she.” Lucius barked.

Draco sighed. His father could smell the guilt rolling off him.

“Is she of noble stature?”

“She's a pureblood if that's what your asking.”

“She better not be some promiscuous hussy if you met her at that place of Blaise's.“ Lucius warned.

“I didn't meet her there.” Draco said.

“Met whom where darlings?” Narcissa said, coming into the room. She strode over to the bed.

She kissed Draco on the forehead before turning to fluff Lucius' pillows.

“Leave me be woman! I am fine!' Lucius snapped.

“Is the tea helping your chest pains dear?” Narcissa babied.

“Yes.” Lucius muttered.

“Good.” she then kissed his forehead, Lucius grumbling.

“Draco has met girl.” Lucius said, shooting his son a look and taking the attention off himself.

“Really? Why haven't you told us anything?” Narcissa said, turning to Draco, hands on her hips.

He shrugged.

“Don't shrug at your mother.” Lucius scolded.

“Take it easy darling.” Narcissa told him.

“I am FINE. They've gone away now.” Lucius said, leaning to set his empty tea cup on the nightstand behind Draco's chair. He winced slightly as he moved back.

“I don't believe that for one second.” Narcissa said.

“What exactly is wrong with you.” Draco asked his father, hoping to avoid the girl subject.

“Nothing. It's nothing.” Lucius said, waving his hand.

“Your father has been experiencing chronic chest pains.” Narcissa explained, patting Lucius hand. He glared at her as if she was telling on him.

“Did you see a medi-wizard?” Draco inquired.

“Of course we have.” Lucius snapped.

“The medi-wizard says its probably due to stress. He should be resting.” Narcissa said, her turn to shoot Lucius a look. “And drinking special tea that should help.”

Lucius grumbled some more.

“It's nothing. Really.” Lucius said, frowning.

Draco held back a snort. His father was acting as if his pains weren't a problem on the outside but on the inside, Draco knew he was having a life crisis, believing his was on his death bed or something much more tragic than what really was.

“Where is Professor Slughorn.” Draco asked is mother, breaking the awkward silence that had filled the room along with Lucius' brooding.

“Oh I nearly forgot! Draco, come down to dinner.” Narcissa said, waving Draco out of his chair.

“Father.” Draco said, with a nod to his father who nodded back silently.

~*~*~*~

After dinner, Draco went up to his room and collapsed on the bed. He ran a hand through his hair, and sighed.

The subject of Ginny had been successfully avoided at dinner but Draco still knew he wasn't in the clear. His fears would become more prominent the longer he stayed at the Manor. He wished he could go home but Professor Slughorn had already retreated to his guest room for the night. He would have to wait another day.

His thoughts turned to how Ginny had fled from the library earlier that day. Was she upset that he left? It was only for the weekend. Was she upset because she was going to choose Potter instead and she feared he'd tell everyone what happened at Zabini's?

His heart felt heavy and cold as he thought of losing to Potter again. He wasn't after Ginny at the prospect of taking her from Harry. He admired her kindness and her thoughtfulness. She was quite annoying when she was angry but besides that she was pleasant to be around. She was the only person who really cared to still know him despite the war and Voldemort. He wanted to be around her all the time. It hurt that he had to leave her so upset. He missed her. He…. No…. He couldn't…. Did he?

He sat up with a jolt.

“Shit! Shit shit shit shit shit shit no no no no no!” He said aloud to himself, holding his head in his hands.

He was in love with her.

He didn't love anyone else outside of his own family before. Not even Pansy. She was a friend with benefits. She didn't feel the same way about him so it was no big deal.

He was in love with Ginny Weasley, but not the way he wanted to. It felt forbidden. His parents were okay that he had met a girl but they didn't know who it was. If they knew who it was he was sure they'd highly consider yanking him out of Hogwarts despite the face he only had close to two months before graduation.

He realized that one of the reasons he went home was to get away from these same feelings. He had to run from her. He was scared of loving. Especially loving Ginny Weasley. The vibe was wrong. And it had haunted him all the way home.

Their relationship had lost control. He never knew he could feel this confused over love. It was a system overload. He wanted to move from her. The feelings made him sick. But he couldn't escape her. He was in far too deep.

They already were sort of seeing each other in private. If they continued to keep a low profile, keep it a secret, no one else would have to know.

He would keep his love on lockdown.

~*~*~*~

Ginny trudged down to the Great Hall on Saturday afternoon. She had slept through breakfast and now her stomach was grumbling.

She hadn't slept well. She had tossed and turned. She probably shouldn't have ran away after Draco told her he was leaving. It was only for the weekend. It's not like he was leaving her. Hell, they weren't even considered to be together, so why would it matter if he left her anyways.

“Well well look who it is.” Hermione said to Ginny as she collapsed onto the bench at the Gryffindor table.

“Unnngh…” was Ginny's response.

“What's wrong with you?” Ron asked, reaching past Ginny for a basket of fruit in front of her plate.

“Didn't sleep good.” Ginny mumbled, rubbing at her face.

“It looks like you've been crying.” Harry said concerned.

“I'm just tired, that's all.” Ginny said, turning her head away from him.

It was quiet and tension filled between the group.

Ron cleared his throat loudly.

“Wonder where Malfoy is.” He said, looking in the direction of the Slytherin table.

“Why don't we ask Ginny.” Harry spoke up rudely. “She's the one Draco talks to all the time in NEWT prep.”

Ron and Hermione turned towards Ginny who avoided their stares.

“Do you know where he went?” Ron asked.

“Something about his dad.” Ginny mumbled.

“He went HOME?” Hermione nearly cried out.

“He said McGonagall approved of the visit.”

“But he could be up to something.” Harry snapped at her. “You need to stop talking to him. He's bad news.”

“Professor Slughorn is his chaperone.” Ginny snapped back. “And you can't tell me who I can or can not talk to.”

“I can.” Ron said. “You're my little sister. I don't want you around that ferret.”

“You guys don't get it.” Ginny said, standing up, placing her hands firmly on the table. “You don't think anyone can change can you? The war is over. Give it a rest. No one is out for anyone.”

“Calm down Ginny.” Hermione said, lightly touching her shoulder.

“We know people can change.” she said, shooting Harry a look. “It's just that with Malfoys past, he's not exactly the kind of person you should be associating with.”

“He's a git.” Ron chimed in.

“What we're trying to say is- its going to take a lot for us to get to trust him. All right?” Hermione said. Ginny sat down again.

“Fine.” She said grumpily.

After a moment Harry turned to her from his spot at the table.

“I'm sorry Gin. Its just…. I don't like him.” He told her.

“I know that.” Ginny said, without looking at him.

“But…. I'll try to understand the importance of change. For you.” He said.

Ginny hung her head for a moment.

“Thanks.” She managed to say.

“Good.” Harry said with a slight smile.

~*~*~*~

Draco was prodded awake by a house elf. He slapped the creatures hand away.

“Master requests to see you.” the house elf squeaked.

Draco sat up and smoothed his tousled hair.

“What time is it?” He asked the elf.

“Young master slept through two meals. Mistress is quite unhappy but Master is insisting you see him.”

“Great. Dismissed.” Draco said, tossing the comforter off him and sliding out of his bed onto the floor. The house elf bowed and hurried out of the room.

Draco shrugged into a shirt and buttoned it up in front of his mirror. His hair was still a bit tousled in the back. He grabbed a pair of black pants and quickly pulled them on before heading towards his door.

He could hear Professor Slughorn twittering away about potions and other nonsense, most likely to his mother, as he entered the hallway.

He knocked on the door to his father's door.

“Enter.” came Lucius stern voice.

Draco turned the knob and entered the room.

“Afternoon Father.” Draco said after he shut the door behind him.

“Take a seat Draco.” Lucius said from the bed. He had a green silk robe on and was tucked into the bed. A tray with tea on it sat next to him on the bed.

“Are you feeling better today?” Draco asked.

“That damn tea is giving me heart burn.” Lucius said, giving the tea tray a glare.

“I see.” Draco said.

“We have some issues to discuss Draco.” Lucius said seriously.

“All right.” Draco said, shifting in the armchair that still sat next to the bed.

“I'm not getting any younger, my son.”

Draco tried to hold back from rolling his eyes.

“And I may not be around much longer.”

“Father you are FINE.” Draco sighed.

“What do you know?” Lucius snapped. He then began coughing and clutched at his chest. After a moment he reached for the tea and took a shaky sip.

“Now.” He said, setting the teacup back on the tray. “What were we talking about.”

“You're not getting any younger.” Draco started.

“Right. And I may not be around much longer.” Lucius repeated.

“The war took a lot out of me. Mentally, physically…. Emotionally.” Lucius mumbled the last part.

“I understand that Father. But what do we need to discuss?” Draco pressed, urgent to get to the point.

“I need you to get serious with your life.” Lucius said.

“I know. We spoke of this yesterday.”

“I have something for you.” Lucius said, reaching into a pocket on his robe. He pulled out a small black box.

“No.” Draco said knowing exactly what lay inside.

“Take it.” Lucius said dramatically.

Draco rolled his eyes.

“I'm not taking that…. That thing, Father.” Draco said.

“Don't you roll your eyes at me boy!” Lucius nearly shouted. He wheezed for a moment.

“I understand you know what to with this.” Lucius said, holding out the box to Draco.

“Yes.” Draco said glumly. “But Father-”

“No `buts'.” Lucius snapped.

“Its too soon.” Draco stuttered.

“I'm not asking you to do it now.” Lucius snapped again. “You will know when you should present it.”

“But she's G-”

“I said no `buts`!” Lucius roared, gripping the box so tight his knuckles were white.

Lucius breathed heavily, still holding out the box. Draco sighed and took the box from his father.

If only Lucius knew who he was asking Draco to give the box to.

~*~*~*~

Monday rolled around and Ginny hadn't seen or heard of Draco's return to school.

She nearly beheaded a mandrake in Herbology because her thoughts were scattered. Neville, surprisingly, was able to snap her out of it.

“Careful Ginny!” Neville shouted, wrenching the mandrake away before the shears snapped shut dangerously close to the mandrakes head.

“I'm sorry Neville!” Ginny said, as Neville trimmed the mandrakes leaves successfully. Once the mandrake was repotted, Neville pulled off his earmuffs.

“It's all right Ginny. Is everything okay?”

“I'm fine.” She sighed, taking off her own earmuffs. “Just had a bad weekend, that's all.”

“I see. Well, things well get better. I'm sure.” He said, giving her a re-assuring smile.

“Thanks Neville.” Ginny said, taking off her gloves and going off to put them away in the supply cubbies.

“Neville!” Called Professor Sprout.

“Yes Professor?” He replied.

“Don't forget about the teachers meeting after lunch, all right?” Professor Sprout reminded him, handing him a potted mandrake.

“Oh! You mean the meeting about the Masquerade Ball?” Neville asked, setting the pot on table with the others.

“What?”

“A ball?”

“When?!”

Students shouted their inquiries towards the two teachers. Professor Sprout gave Neville a look.

“Oops.” He said, going red.

“Well, don't forget to be in attendance Mr. Longbottom.” Professor Sprout said. She nodded to him.

“Class dismissed!” She called to the students who spoke excitedly and rapidly to each other as they exited the greenhouse.

“A Masquerade huh?” Ginny asked as she and Neville walked to the school for lunch.

“Yeah. It'll be on Halloween that's all I know for now. Its supposed to be a tribute to those we lost during the war. You know, with the masks representing all the different people….” Neville trailed off.

“Ah.” Ginny said, looking down as they walked up the hill.

“I probably shouldn't say anything else until they make the official announcement.” Neville said as they reached the Great Hall.

“Sounds fair.” Ginny said.

“Feel better.” Neville said heading towards the head table.

Ginny's heart felt as she still didn't see Draco at the Slytherin table. She was anxious to get to NEWT prep to see if he was there.

He wasn't. He didn't show. The second class he missed so far.

After class she headed back down to the lake despite the chilling temperatures that were drawing in.

She hugged her sweater tighter around her, staring out at the water. The water lapped at the deck she stood on.

A board creaked behind her. She whirled around.

“Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you.” Draco said as he walked towards her.

“It's all right.” She said, looking down and blushing. She turned back towards the lake, arms still hugging herself. Draco stepped closer until he was standing directly behind her.

“Did you have a pleasant trip?” She asked, not turning around.

“I suppose.” He sighed.

“How's your father?” She continued to pry.

“Dramatic.” He said. “He thinks he's deathly ill but he's just complaining about regular old aches and pains.”

“I see.”

He took several deep breaths. He kept opening and closing his mouth as he tried to explain his feelings to her. They threatened to spill out of his mouth.

He couldn't keep it cool. He had to keep it cool. If he didn't make his move he'd lose her. But, he could he keep himself and still keep her too? If he couldn't, would he lose? He was loving her, but not the way he wanted to. Love was supposed to be something wonderful and grand and full of joy and happiness. He wanted to feel that way. He need to push all the negative feelings aside and make his move. No more wasting time. He was just racing time and he had reached the finish line.

He placed his hand on her shoulder and forced her to turn around. She frowned at him, her arms still wrapped around herself. Was she just cold or was she trying to protect herself?

He took a final deep breath.

“Ginny. I have struggled in vain and I can bear it no longer. This past month has been a torment. I had to come see you. I have fought against my better judgment, my family's expectations, the inferiority of your birth, my rank and circumstance. All these things I am willing to put aside and ask you to end my agony.”

Ginny took a step back from him.

“I don't understand.” She said, shaking her head.

“I love you.” He blurted.

Ginny blinked several times, giving him a blank stare.

“Most ardently.” he said almost pleading with her.

Ginny bit her lip. His first words to her were rude, but it was all very true. She too liked him against her better judgment. She knew it was wrong and out of place to like Draco Malfoy but she had fallen for him anyways.

He was correct about his parents expectations. Their families hated each other. Last thing they would want for him, especially now with the little contacts they had, was for him to be with a Weasley.

Her inferiority by birth being her lack of fortune. His outstanding wealth and questionable past gave plenty of circumstance as to whether she should be with him or not.

“Well then.” She said, taking a step forward, back towards him.

“What do we do now?” She whispered. Draco breathed heavily. He felt like he was going to be sick.

“Are… Are you….Will you…. Would you be….. Girlfriend….” Draco managed to get out. He could feel himself getting very hot despite the cold weather outside.

Ginny bit her lip again, a small smile turning up at the corners of her mouth.

She reached out for one of his hands.

“We'll take it slow, all right?” she said, gently squeezing his hand. Draco nodded, unable to speak.

“This may not last.” She warned him. “But this is now.”

~*~*~*~

Author's Note- Okay so I ripped `Pride and Prejudice' off a little bit but hey, it works here right? I just had to tweak things a little. I was also going to have Draco go back to talk to Blaise this chapter but I really wanted to get this finished and posted so definitely next time. He has affairs to discuss with his old friend regarding the dreaded black box of doom. :D Please review, I am grateful for all that I have received so far-special thanks to Moogle, RenMalfoy, Frecklegirl87, and WritingMadness for your multiple reviews. And of course, to everyone else- even including those anonymous`. Thank you and goodnight!

-->

8. With Me


The Adventure

By RowlingIdol

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. I don't own the song `With Me. This chapter contains slight language, teen drinking and sexual references. Review if you wish! They are most appreciated.

Chapter 8: With Me

The next day the announcement was made regarding the Masquerade Ball. It really couldn't be helped. Ever since Neville's slip up in morning Herbology, word had spread around the castle like wildfire.

It was to be held in two weeks on Halloween Night. Black suits for the men, black dresses for the ladies. And all of them were to wear masks.

The masks were supposed to represent the countless `faces' of those lost in the war. A wonderful idea of a tribute, if Professor McGonagall did say so herself.

A Hogsmeade trip was scheduled the weekend before the Masquerade so that students could purchase dresses and masks in the village. Gladrags was teaming up with Madam Malkins from Diagon Alley to stock the things the students would need.

Fliers were already posted around the castle. The people in paintings frowned at them as they hung too close to their precious frames.

“Is this all that I missed while I was away?” Draco asked, sneering at one of the bright pink posters.

“It was only mentioned yesterday.” Ginny said, stopping in her tracks. She turned around, waiting for him to stop reading the poster. They were on their way towards the library.

“I was here yesterday.” Draco said annoyed.

“I know.” Ginny replied. Draco rolled his eyes.

“That's not what I meant.” He said grumpily.

“It's just a dance.” Ginny said, shrugging. She started climbing a nearby staircase.

“Dances don't happen at Hogwarts…. Often.” Draco corrected himself as he followed her up the stairs.

“That's all right.”

“Shouldn't you be all giggly over it though?”

“I wasn't `all giggly' over the Yule Ball.”

“You were just happy Longbottom asked you because if he hadn't you couldn't have gone anyways.”

“True. He's not a bad dancer actually.”

“He can't ask you this time.”

“Who says I want to go?”

“That look in your eye every time we pass one of these hideous pink posters.”

She sighed and stopped again, this time while the staircases moved.

“What are you trying to get at?” She asked him, slightly irritated.

“Do you want to go.”

“Yes.” She snapped.

“Geez don't sound so happy about it. I'll pick you up at seven.” Draco replied.

Ginny's mouth fell open.

“You sneaky bastard.” She said, breaking into a smile and hitting Draco on the shoulder.

“Hey! My parents are happily married…. Well…. They're married anyways, thank you very much.” Draco said, rubbing at his shoulder. For a girl, she could hit pretty hard. Probably because of having all those brothers.

“So you really want to take me?” she asked.

He shrugged.

“Why not?”

“It'll be in public. Where people can see.” She said.

“That's all right.” Draco said.

“Really? And why's that.” She asked, hands on her hips.

“Because you'll be with me.” He said.

They smiled at each other for moment.

“Okay then. Seven o' clock. Outside the Great Hall.” she told him.

~*~*~*~

Ginny entered the Gryffindor common room after dinner to find Hermione with an unusual stack of reading material next to her. Fashion magazines.

“What happened to your hair?” Ron asked rudely, pointing to Ginny.

Her hands flew up to hair. Draco had terribly messed up her hair during some forbidden library snogging.

“I fell asleep in the library doing studying. Is that a crime?” She said.

“That happens to you all the time. No wonder your hair looks a sight.” Ron told Hermione. She promptly hit him with a rolled up copy of Vogue.

“That is NOT why my hair looks a `sight' Ron. I thought you liked my hair.”

“I do. But sometimes….” Ron trailed off as Hermione raised the magazine again.

“Good idea Ron. Shut it.” Harry said.

“Ginny come look at dress ideas with me!” Hermione beckoned.

“Do I have to?” Ginny whined as she made her way over to the couch they were all gathered around.

“Yes! I only have another 40 minutes of free time to look at all these magazines before I have to start studying again.”

“So I take it you're going to attend the Masquerade?” Ginny asked, looking between Ron and Hermione. Ron's ears went red.

“Luckily he remembered I told him four years ago to ask me not as a last resort. He practically asked while the announcement was being made this morning.” Hermione explained, quickly flipping through her magazine.

“What do you think about this one?” she asked, holding the magazine out to Ginny.

“Looks pretty…. Expensive.” Ginny said, frowning.

“If you want. I can always get a new one and let you borrow my old black party dress.” Hermione offered.

Ginny gritted her teeth. She was getting sick and tired of all the secondhand clothes and hand me downs.

She suddenly had an idea.

“No thank you Hermione.” Ginny said sweetly. “I can handle this one myself.” She said.

Hermione looked at her funny and blinked a couple of times.

“Well… All right then.” Hermione said.

Ron went back to his game of wizards chess with Harry but Harry got up to come over to Ginny while Ron sat plotting.

“Ginny. If you'd like, I could buy you a masquerade dress.” he offered.

“I said I was fine Harry. I can get a dress on my own.”

“Okay okay.” Harry said. “I was just thinking that since we were going together I could get you a gift….” Harry trailed off as Ginny's face fell.

“I'm afraid I've already been asked.” Ginny said slowly, feeling Ron and Hermione's eyes boring into her.

There was silence in the room. Harry burst out laughing.

“Hahahahaha Ginny! Good one. You nearly got me there.” Harry said laughing.

“I'm not kidding Harry. I was already asked.”

“Already?” Harry nearly shouted.

“Yes.”

“But you can't go with Neville! He's practically a teacher!” Hermione cried out.

“I'm not going with Neville again.” Ginny explained.

“Then who are you going with?” Ron asked.

“None of your business.” Ginny said, sticking out her tongue at him.

“That's not fair! You need to tell us!” Hermione told her.

“You didn't tell them you were going with Krum to the Yule Ball!” Ginny shot at Hermione.

“I told you.” Hermione shot back.

“Fine. I will tell you later.” Ginny promised Hermione.

“How come we don't get to know?” Ron complained. Harry was currently at a loss for words. He looked in shock.

“I say so.” Ginny said.

After another moment Harry made his way back to the wizard chess table.

“It's probably Neville and she doesn't want to say.” She heard Ron whisper to Harry. Harry gave quick nod.

“Ooooh look at this one!” Hermione squealed.

~*~*~*~

The following weekend Hermione and Ginny were excited to go to Hogsmeade for dress shopping.

“The store is going to be packed.” Ginny said, slipping into her worn winter jacket.

“I know but I have this strategically planned.” Hermione assured her.

“What? You're going to use me as a battering ram against all those other girls?”

“No silly. We're going to grab as many dresses as we see as we make a mad dash to the dressing rooms.”

“Very strategic.” Ginny teased.

“Do you have a better idea?”

“Not really.” Ginny shrugged.

Hermione looked at her watch. It was almost noon so the students would be released to Hogsmeade shortly.

Once there, Ginny's belief of the dress store being packed was clearly an understatement. There were girls literally fighting over dresses and it was hard to move once inside. It was a madhouse.

“Here! Go go go!” Hermione shouted to Ginny, handing a massive pile of black fabric into her arms and shoving her in the direction of the dressing room.

There were even several boys in the shop, browsing the very empty men's side of the store for suits.

“Next in line for dressing rooms!” A witch called. Three girls scrambled for the one room, two of them being forced back into line as the door quickly slammed shut.

Ginny sighed as she stood there in line waiting for a dressing room.

“Merlin I hope you're not wearing that to the ball.” A voice drawled beside her. She jumped.

“What are you doing here?” she hissed at Draco.

“Shopping.”

“You're not buying anything.” She said, looking at his empty hands.

“I already own a suit. Several to be in fact.”

“Then why are you here?”

“Seeing what you were getting.”

“How'd you know I was here?”

“It wasn't hard to guess. Most of the schools female population is here.”

Ginny frowned.

“You can't see what I'm getting.” She said, hugging the fabric to her chest.

“In fact, I don't even know how many dresses I'm holding. Hermione just shoved them at me.”

“Let's hope she has good taste.” He said.

“Yeah or I'll have to wait in this line again.” Ginny said, indicating the line for the dressing rooms.

“You could always change right here.” Draco said, grinning.

“You pig.” she told him. He chuckled.

“Well. Don't disappoint me.” Draco said, nodding to the pile of fabric in her arms. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and strolled out of the store.

“Hermione! I need more dresses!!!!” Ginny screamed from the line.

~*~*~*~

Draco strolled down the street outside of the dress shop. He overheard several other girls complaining about how they got to the shop too late, seeing as the line was now threatening to exit the store.

He took a right and headed straight for Zabini's.

He knocked twice before letting himself in.

“Long time no see!” Blaise said to him. He was sprawled out on one of his couches, flipping through a pile of parchment.

Draco shrugged to his friend as he approached the couch. Blaise sat up.

“Why do I get the feeling you only come see me after you shag that broad of yours?” he questioned, lips turning up a smile.

Draco glared at him.

“I didn't come to you after it happened last time.”

“Aha! So you did knock her again!” Blaise said, pointing a finger. Draco continued to glare at the widening smile on Blaise's face.

“Hey, you don't come otherwise.” Blaise continued, leaning back on the couch and stretching his arms across the back of it.

“I came the night it happened.”

“Yeah but that's because I asked you to. Do I need to send you a threatening letter each and every time from now on if I want to see my old friend?”

“I'm not here on behalf of lady problems.” Draco said, pulling up an ottoman and sitting on that. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a black box. Blaise's mouth popped into an `o' shape.

“Damn mate don't you think it's a little soon for that?” He nearly squeaked. Blaise was more terrified of the black box than Draco was.

“My father apparently doesn't think so.”

“He's forty three! He doesn't need to be thinking things like that.” Blaise nearly shouted. “Did you tell him who it is?”

“Didn't get the chance to. If I did, do you think he would have handed this piece of junk to me?”

“Probably not.” Blaise answered, shrugging.

“What does your mum think? Doesn't she think its too early?”

“My mother got one when she was seventeen. That's how old Ginny is.”

“Your father is like, six years older than your mum though. He was trying to do the grown up thing.”

“You act as if she was expecting me when he gave it to her.” Draco said, staring down unhappily at the black box.

“Two years later isn't much difference.”

Draco sighed.

“Father has been feeling ill lately. He's gotten it into his mind that his time is coming.” Draco rolled his eyes.

“He does look older.” Blaise commented.

“It's the war.” Draco blamed. “It did a number on all of us.”

“Yeah. Look at that receding hair line.” Blaise said, eyeing Draco's forehead.

Draco slapped a hand to his head and felt around.

“I'm just kidding mate, calm down.” Blaise chuckled at the look of shock on Draco's face.

“So when are you going to give it to her.” Blaise questioned, getting up and heading to the bar behind him.

“Are you even going to?” he continued, reaching for a glass.

Draco was quiet.

“Oh shit mate. Your father is going to explode.”

“I didn't say I was going to.”

“The look on face says you're going to.”

Draco grumbled.

“Her father will probably explode. And all her brothers will explode. And her mum. And your mum. You're dead mate.”

“You're making all of this worse than it really is. You're just like my father in that way.” Draco said, heading to the bar as well.

“Can I see it?” Blaise asked, reaching for the box Draco still held in his hand.

“You've seen it before.” Draco said, frowning.

“Yeah but I want to see this one.” Blaise said, flexing the fingers on his outstretched hand. Draco sighed and handed it over.

Blaise flipped the top open and gave a low whistle.

“Whose was it.”

“Some great great grandmothers or something I think.”

“It's something.” Blaise said, handing the box back.

“Are you guys even…. Official?” Blaise asked, handing Draco a hard Butterbeer.

Draco was silent once more.

Blaise practically giggled.

“Heehee. Draco has a girlfriend.”

~*~*~*~

Ginny and Hermione both sighed as they eventually made their way to the front of the store, ready to purchase their dresses.

“Do you think he'll like it?” Ginny timidly asked Hermione.

“That depends. Who are we talking about here?”

“My date.”

“Ginny it looked fabulous on you. Don't worry.”

“But he has….. High standards.” Ginny mumbled.

Hermione shot Ginny a side glance.

“Are you-”

“The total will be two hundred and fifty please.” The witch at the checkout interrupted.

“Ginny.” Hermione hissed. “That is super expensive!”

“I've got it.” Ginny hissed back. The cashier gave them a look as if they were going to take the dresses and run without paying.

“Do you need me to pitch in half? You can pay me back.” Hermione offered.

“I've got it, all right?” Ginny sighed exasperated.

She reached into her pocket and pulled out the drawstring bag she had received from Blaise. She handed it to the cashier who looked inside, seeming impressed.

“Ginny where did all that money come from? Did Harry give you money for the dress after you turned him down? Are you really going with him? Did you just say someone else because you were uncomfortable with him asking you when Ron and I were around?” Hermione pestered.

“No. Harry did not pay for the dress. I am not going with Harry.” Ginny answered while the cashier counted out the money in the bag.

“Someone had to have paid you to either go with them or gave you money for a dress.”

“Someone gave me money but it wasn't for either of those things.”

“Who has money like that to just hand awwwWWOMIGOSH YOU'RE GOING WITH MALFMMMM!”

Hermione's squeals were cut off by Ginny slapping a hand over her friends mouth. The cashier gave them a terrified look.,

“Ginny what are you thinking?” Hermione hissed, looking her shoulder at the couple of students giving them awkward looks.

The cashier handed Ginny her dress in a covered bag. Hermione moved to the side to pay for her own dress.

“He wouldn't.” Hermione said, shaking her head.

“Wouldn't what?” Ginny asked, frowning.

“He wouldn't ask you to a school dance let alone any public outing. He's…. Malfoy.”

“So?”

“So he's a pigheaded stinky ferret whose family has tried to kill us on numerous occasions.”

“He didn't specifically try to kill us.”

“Talk to Harry about that one.” Hermione scoffed.

“He was only doing what his father wanted him to do. And besides, his family wants nothing to do with the war now. You know that as well as I do.”

“Is this what all this- people can change - crap has been about?” Hermione rudely snapped.

“They can.” Ginny said defensively.

“I think he hit his head somewhere between the battle of Hogwarts and now.” Hermione shook her head as she was handed her change and her dress.

“If he stands you up I'm going to tell you `I told you so'.” Hermione warned.

“He won't.”

“I'll believe it when I see it.” Hermione said.

“Please don't tell Harry and Ron.” Ginny begged. Hermione stopped in her tracks and eyed Ginny suspiciously.

“Why.” She asked, giving Ginny another side glance.

“What do you mean `why'? It will be the worst date ever!”

“I think you hit your head too, Ginny. They're going to find out anyways when they see you at the ball.”

“But in the meantime they could probably send him to another dimension or something and then the dress will go to waste. You don't want fashion to go to waste do you?” Ginny pleaded.

“The dress is beautiful…” Hermione mused. She stared off into space as she thought, nearly running into a passing cart of produce.

“Fine. I won't tell them. But YOU have to explain everything when you're confronted because trust me. It WILL happen.”

“I know.” Ginny said, hanging her head slightly as they walked down the street.

~*~*~*~

“You know, Pansy is a little put off you're attending a school dance instead of her wedding.” Blaise told Draco as they sat at the bar drinking.

“It's not like I could go anyways. The weekend I left school was technically because of a `medical emergency' and it was teacher chaperoned. They're not going to let me go to a social function out of school. Besides, who wants to get married on Halloween anyways?”

“Pansy apparently.” Blaise sighed. “I really hate that I agreed to let her have her bachelorette party here the night before the wedding. But you know her, its really hard to tell her `no'.”

“I found it quite easy to tell her `no'.” Draco stated. “The whining and complaining after you tell her `no' is the hard part.”

“Good point.” Blaise said. “At least she's paying me well to have her party here. That guy she's marrying is quite loaded.”

“What's his name again?” Draco pondered, taking a swig of his drink.

“Sovereign Nicolayeff Karkaroff.” Blaise snorted.

“That's a mouthful.”

“It sounds like a Russian delicacy.”

“Don't let her hear you say that.” Draco warned.

“I can handle myself mate.” Blaise said.

“So you and Weasley, huh?” Blaise asked, turning to subject back to Draco.

“Yes.”

“I still can't get over it.” Blaise said, leaning his elbows on the bar counter, running a hand through his long hair.

“Neither can I.” Draco agreed.

“I mean she's pretty….. But her family…..” Blaise trailed off.

“My family isn't exactly in good standing right now. Her family is probably in better standings than us at this point, with their relationship to Potter and all.”

“What does Potter think of this union between you and Ginny?”

Draco was silent.

“You have to tell him.” Blaise said with a tone of warning in his voice.

“I'm aware of that.”

“You have to be serious about this broad, you know that right? Before you tell Potter about it.”

“I already told her I love her.” Draco said, looking away from Blaise.

There was silence.

“Merlin mate why didn't you tell me?!” Blaise said, giving Draco a hefty clap to his back nearly causing him to fall off his stool.

“Did she say it back?”

Draco shook his head as he took a drink.

“I kind of blurted it out when I was asking her to be my…. Gir….. girlfriend.” Draco said, still unable to get the word out easily.

“She'll say it. Don't worry mate.”

Draco nodded.

“Want to go outside for a smoke?” Blaise asked, opening up a brown wooden case on the top of the bar and taking out two cigars.

“Cubans?” Draco asked, eyeing the cigars.

“Just part of my heritage.” Blaise said, winking at Draco.

“Your mother's second husband doesn't count. He's not your father.”

“Well they're good anyways.” Blaise told Draco, handing him a cigar.

They headed outside of the club and leaned against the buildings walls, watching the students and townspeople walk by.

“When are you going to give it to her.” Blaise nodded towards Draco's pocket, indicating the black box.

“I was thinking the masquerade…” Draco trailed off.

“Not Christmas?” Blaise questioned.

“It's not exactly a Christmas gift Blaise.” Draco snorted.

“Well, I hope she has a dress it will go with.” Blaise said.

“She was at Gladrags with Granger buying one.”

“Hope she can afford it.” Blaise commented.

“She's using the money you paid her you stupid bastard.”

“Then she definitely can afford a good one.”

He took a puff on his cigar and blew it out in a long stream.

“Do you hear something?” Draco asked Blaise. He and Blaise stood and listened closely to the voices that were approaching them.

~*~*~*~

Hermione and Ginny turned a corner, almost running into some people hovering around a doorway.

“Well well well.” Drawled a voice. “What do we have here?”

“Bought something pretty for yourself ?” Draco asked, winking at Ginny, then giving a quick wary glance at Hermione.

“You're not seeing it.” Ginny snapped at him.

“Come on doll. Let me see what my money bought you.” Blaise said, moving in to make a grab for Ginny's dress bag. She held it tighter to her chest.

“Zabini's money?” Hermione snapped, head whirling in Ginny's direction. Draco elbowed Blaise in the side, giving him a `shut the fuck up' look.

“It's okay, she knows.” Ginny said, rolling her eyes at the terrified look on Draco's face.

“Everything?!?!” Draco nearly squeaked.

“No not everything.” Ginny said, going pink.

“I do.” Blaise interjected.

“What aren't you telling me?” Hermione whined. “I want to know everything.”

“No you don't.” Draco and Ginny replied at the same time.

Hermione glared between the two boys and Ginny.

“Fine. Whatever. I'll eventually find out. I'm not stupid you know.”

“We know.” The three said in unison. Hermione's eyebrows furrowed together deeper.

“Why don't we all go back in and sit down and chat?” Blaise suggested, flicking cigar ash to the side, nearly dropping some on Hermione.

“No thanks. We need to get back to the school.” Ginny said, shaking her head.

“Well then, it was a pleasure Ginevra my dear.” Blaise said, bowing to her.

“Knock it off.” Draco growled to Blaise, elbowing him harshly again.

“Damn mate your elbows are like swords.” Blaise said, rubbing his side.

“You know smoking is bad.” Hermione said, eyeing the cigars both boys held.

Blaise just blew his latest drag of smoke in Hermione's direction. She wrinkled her nose.

“See you later.” Ginny said, taking a hold of Hermione's arm and dragging her friend away with her.

When they were out of earshot, Hermione let Ginny have an earful.

“So what is it Ginny? You like bad boys? Because that's exactly what he is.”

“He's not a `bad boy'!” Ginny snapped. Hermione gave her a look.

“Okay fine so maybe he is. So what?”

“Bad boys are `bad' for a reason.”

“He has `bad' habits, that's all.” Ginny said.

“And a `bad' reputation.”

“Harry has a reputation.”

“Is that what this is about? Are you just looking for an excuse to let Harry down?”

Ginny's mouth fell open.

“See? I'm not just book smart Ginny. I've been picking up on something for some time now. I just didn't know the ferret was your scapegoat.”

Ginny bit her tongue to avoid telling Hermione Draco wasn't a scapegoat.

“If you don't want to go back to Harry, just tell him.”

“You mean you won't hate me?” Ginny asked.

“Of course I won't Ginny! You can be with whomever you want. You don't have to be with Harry.”

“Okay…. Good.” Ginny said, breathing a sigh of relief.

“But you will have to tell him.” Hermione told her, pointing a finger. “Just like how you have to tell him you're going to the masquerade with Draco.”

~*~*~*~

“Ouch!” Ginny practically screamed as Hermione tugged at the laces of her corset.

“Breathe in!” Hermione said through gritted teeth.

“I am!” Ginny gasped.

“Breathe in more!” Hermione grunted, pulling at the corset once more.

Ginny took in another breath and held it for what seemed like an eternity.

“There. Finished.” Hermione said, stepping back.

“I don't see why I had to wear this.” Ginny complained, reaching for her dress, which was hanging from the canopy above her bed.

“It's an old fashioned dress. You have to wear one.” Hermione explained, grabbing her own dress.

“Besides, it makes your breasts look bigger.” Hermione said.

Ginny admired herself in the floor length mirror inside their dorm room.

“You're right.” Ginny said, turning from side to side and staring at her reflection.

“Zip me up please?” Hermione asked Ginny. Ginny shuffled over to Hermione and zipped up the back of Hermione's dress. Ginny turned around so Hermione could do the same.

“This dress was a good choice Gin.” Hermione said, admiring her friend.

The dress was strapless and fitted around the torso. The actual dress part was wide and billowy from the many layers of fabric underneath. There was a large bow at the base of the zipper that accented the back of the dress.

“Don't forget your mask.” Hermione said, handing Ginny a wrapped package. Ginny unfolded the paper covering her mask. It was a simple eye mask in a wonderful iridescent white color. When the light hit it just right, colors of the rainbow shone.

Hermione's new dress was a one shoulder gown that had a slight train to it. Her mask was glittery silver and she wore silver gloves that went up to her elbow. Ginny also had elbow length gloves but hers were white.

“It's almost seven. We should get down there.” Hermione said, looking at the clock.

“Right.” Ginny said, also glancing at the clock.

They slipped on their shoes and headed down out of their room.

Ron and Harry were standing waiting in the common room.

“Well well, don't you look handsome Ronald!” Hermione said, taking the last couple of stairs with a skip in her step. She reached out for Ron's outstretched hand.

“It's Ronaldo now.” Ron purred, causing Hermione to giggle. Harry made a gagging noise. Ginny rolled her eyes.

“Ginny.” Harry said, nodding to her.

“Harry.” Ginny said, nodding back.

“You look wonderful.” He told her.

“Nice mask.” ginny replied. Harry's mask was very thick and covered a lot of the top half of his face, much like a Zorro mask.

Ron's mask was plain black. It almost looked like a cloth eye mask one would wear to sleep, only with eye holes cut out. Both Harry and Ron's suits were crisp and clean. Ginny thought it wouldn't be long before Ron dripped food down his nice white shirt.

“May I escort you down?” Harry asked Ginny.

She nodded yet again. She took a light hold of Harry's arm as they exited the Gryffindor Tower and headed down to the Great Hall.

There were several other couples making their way down to the Great Hall that they passed, along with some awkward groups of first years.

They reached the Great Hall entryway. Ginny had let go of Harry's arm as they rounded the corner of the last landing of stairs.

“Going to find your date?” Harry asked solemnly.

“Yes.” Ginny answered.

“Harry….” She started. “About my date…. It's---”

“It's all right Ginny.” Harry said. “Just save one dance for me?” He asked.

Ginny sighed and nodded.

“All right.” Ginny said.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione left Ginny on the landing and headed down the last set of stairs before entering the Great Hall.

Ginny lifted part of her skirt off the ground as she made the rest of her way down the stairs. She looked into the Great Hall and saw all the black silk banners hanging along the walls, very similar to the ones that had hung after the TriWizard tournament when Cedric Diggory was being remembered.

“I have to admit…. I'm not disappointed.” A voice said behind her. A hand lightly touched her shoulder and a torso pressed itself against her back.

“Is there something in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?” was Ginny's reply. Draco coughed multiple times at this, avoiding her stare as Ginny turned around smiling.

“Yes well….. You look….. Well….. Er….. beautiful.” Draco whispered the last part, a light pink color rising in his cheeks. Ginny put her hands on her hips.

“Draco Malfoy are you blushing?” She accused.

“No.” Draco lied.

Ginny just smiled as she looked at him. His mask was also white, a simple mask that turned up slightly at the edges. His hair had been slicked back and his jacket had a high collar.

He held a hand out to her.

“Shall we?” He asked her. Ginny curtseyed with a giggle.

“Come now, was that necessary?” Draco asked her as he led her into the Great Hall.

“You thought it was cute.” Ginny told him.

“All right, it was.” Draco admitted.

As they entered the Great Hall, an band was already playing up on the platform where the teachers dinner table usually sat. Students slow danced in the middle of the hall, others sat or stood around round tables that were littered along the walls.

“Draco…. I should probably tell you… Harry-”

“Harry doesn't know I'm your date.” Draco answered for her.

“How'd you know?” Ginny asked as Draco let her around the tables along the far side of the wall.

“I had a feeling.” He replied. He led her out gracefully out on the dance floor.

“Do you know how to waltz?” He asked her.

“Yes.” Ginny replied.

“Good.”

He whirled her around and her hands fell into place on his shoulder and in his hand. He led the way as they moved back and forth. They were staying on the far side of the dance floor and it wasn't until Draco gently spun her around did she see why.

She caught a glimpse while she turned of Harry in a corner, being held back firmly by Ron with Hermione gently talking to him, calming him down.

“Oh dear.” Ginny said.

“Don't worry about it.” Draco whispered her, holding her firmly with the hand that was on her hip.

“He's going to hate me.”

“He hates me, not you.” Draco said almost lazily as he stepped to and fro.

“We're both at fault here.” Ginny sighed, turning her head so when they made a pass further down the dance floor she didn't have to look in their direction again.

The music slowed to a stop, allowing those around to clap for the musicians.

“I've got to get a drink.” Ginny said, putting a hand to her forehead.

Draco rustled around in his jacket and held out a silver flask to her. Ginny swatted it away.

“Not what I meant.” She said.

“I've got to step out for a moment. I'm sorry.” Ginny told Draco before lifting the hem of her dress and walking swiftly from the Great Hall.

She leaned her head against the stone wall outside of the Great Hall doors. Thankfully no one was around. She took off her mask and pinched the bridge of her nose, squeezing her eyes shut.

She knew Hermione had told her she needed to talk to Harry but she kept putting it off. It was her fault Harry was so upset. She should have said something long before now.

But she could no longer avoid it.

“Ginny.” A stern voice said beside her, making her jump.

“Harry….. Hello….” Ginny said, a shaky hand covering her heart which was running at a mile a minute.

“Ginny…… What….. The fuck.” Harry said.

“Harry I know I should have told you I was going with him but I-”

“You should have told him `no'.” He spat.

“He's changed.” Ginny nearly cried.

“You've changed.” Harry retorted.

“So have you.” Ginny shot back.

“Ginny I told you I still loved you and to rethink us and this is how you rethink things?”

“I did rethink things.”

“You did? And? Is this your answer?”

There was a long pause.

“I….. I don't know.” Ginny stuttered, her hands fiddling with her mask she still held.

“Maybe you need more time to think.” Harry said.

She shook her head.

“No…. No I don't Harry.”

Harry stood dumbstruck.

“Really Ginny? Why?”

“You can't see why Harry? You're the Boy Who Lived. You defeated Voldemort.”

“He killed himself.” Harry interrupted.

“Because of you.” Ginny started again. “It's been too much for me, these past months. It has been too much for you as well. I want to live my own life. You don't have to be with me to be part of my family, you know that right?”

“Yes.” Harry snapped.

“Harry… You were my first love. I'll never forget that. But you're such a different person now…. There's almost something empty about you….”

“Was it just too soon? Asking you to come back to me?” Harry asked.

Ginny sighed and bit her lip, fighting back tears.

“Maybe…. Maybe not….. I can't say.” Ginny replied.

“Why him?” Harry inquired.

“He's changed.”

“My arse.” Harry snorted.

“His family has little connections now. There is no more Voldemort. He's trying to be normal. He`s nice when you get to know him.”

Harry snorted again.

It was quiet between the two but music and laughter could be heard back inside the Great Hall. After a moment, Harry shook his head slightly before looking her straight in the eye.

“I'm not letting go Ginny.” Harry informed her.

Ginny took a shuddering breath before replying.

“Then you will be holding on for a long time.” she said before brushing past him and walking briskly back into the Great Hall.

~*~*~*~

Draco was sitting anxiously at a table near the Hall's entrance. He had hoped to eavesdrop in on what Harry and Ginny were talking about. He had taken his current seat after he saw Harry practically run off after her. However, he didn't hear anything. Ron had shot him a look across the room and Hermione kept glancing in the direction of the doors.

After a few moments Ginny huffed back into the Great Hall, the billowing of her dress rustling as she walked.

Draco stood up to follow her, his chair scraping against the stone floor. He caught up with her as she had made her way to the buffet table.

Ginny poured herself a glass of punch and was about to take a sip when she saw Draco heading her way. She made a `gimme' motion at him with her hand, eyeing his jacket pocket.

“No.” Draco told her, shaking his head.

“Come on!” Ginny practically whined. She finished her punch and discarded the cup in a nearby trash cauldron.

“Not tonight.” He said, shaking his head again.

“This is the worst Halloween ever.” Ginny sighed. Draco frowned.

“I don't mean you.” She told him.

“Good. Because I wanted to talk to you.” Draco said.

If he was going to make an attempt at turning around this night for Ginny, he had to do it now.

“Good or bad?” Ginny asked.

“Good. I hope. It's up to you.” Draco said, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

“I hope for my sake its good.”

Draco held his hand out to her again and she gingerly took it.

As Draco led her back out of the Great Hall, Ginny waved to Neville and his date, Luna Lovegood. They were crazily dancing to a slow song, much to the distaste of the couples slow dancing around them.

“Do the Hippogriff Neville! Come on you can do it!” Ginny heard Luna call over the music.

Draco led the way down the hallway past the doors to the grounds.

“Are we going to brew a potion? And by potion I mean hard liquor?” Ginny asked as they passed the potions classroom.

“What is it with you getting drunk tonight?” Draco muttered as he pulled her along. They came to a dead end.

“Frankenstein.” Draco told the stone wall. Ginny giggled.

“What? It's Halloween.” Draco told her as the door to the Slytherin Common room opened.

Draco led her down a small flight of stone stairs before sitting down on an antique looking couch. Ginny bunched her dress together the best that she could and sat down next to him.

“What's this about?” Ginny asked, staring warily around at the eerily empty common.

“I know you probably don't want to tell me what happened between you and Potter out in the hallway….” Draco started. Ginny nodded, her hands twisting in her lap.

“But….. Ever since school started….. We've changed. We both know it. And as crazy as all this is…. I don't want this moment to ever end. Everything's nothing without you.”

Ginny bit her lip and the corners of her mouth turned up in a little smile.

“And I'd wait here forever just to see you smile.” Draco told her seeing her face.

“It's true. I am nothing without you.” He said.

“You really feel that way? About little old me? Ginny Weasley? Dirt poor Ginny Weasley?” Ginny asked.

Draco swallowed hard and nodded.

“That's so sweet.” Ginny said, lightly touching Draco's knee.

“With you, all the streets where I walked alone, with nowhere to go, have come to an end. It was as if you fell from the sky, in front of my eyes, when I didn't know what I was looking to find.”

Ginny sniffed, trying to hold back tears.

“My life….” Draco started. He took a deep breath. “Through it all, I've made my mistakes, I've stumbled and fallen. But I mean these words….”

“I want you to know, with everything, I won't let you go. These words are my heart and soul. I'll hold onto this moment. I'll bleed my heart out to show…… That I won't let go.”

Ginny let out a laugh. Men sure were eager to hold onto her.

“I don't want you to let go.” Ginny admitted, wiping a tear from her face.

“In that case…” Draco said, shifting in his seat and reaching into his pocket.

“Draco….” Ginny said wary as Draco took out a small black box from his pocket.

“Would you accept this?” Draco asked hurridly, practically shoving the box at her.

Ginny looked at Draco concerned, then at the box, then back at Draco.

She reached out slowly for the box and plucked it from his open hand as if it was going to bite. She opened the lid slowly and peeked inside.

Lying on a black silk pillow was a very ornate silver broach with some sort of crest imprinted on it. There were several green stones, emeralds she suspected, decorating the four different sections of the crest.

“It's my family crest.” Draco explained as Ginny squinted at the broach, trying to identify the picture.

“It's beautiful!” Ginny said, lifting it out of the box and turning it around to examine the clasp.

“It's a bit old fashioned…” Draco said as Ginny admired it.

“Would you wear it?” Draco asked.

“Is this like a promise ring?” Ginny asked. Draco winced.

“Sort of.” Draco replied.

“Which means…..” Ginny pressed.

“Which means you're with me…. And that I'm taking what we have seriously.”

Ginny fumbled with the clasp, trying to put it on the front of her dress.

“Of course I'll wear it. Thank you.” Ginny said, leaning forward on the couch to give Draco a peck on the cheek.

“I'm glad you like it.” He said. “Would you like to head back to the dance now?”

Ginny shook her head.

“I'd rather hide out here than get glared at the rest of the night.” Ginny admitted.

“Ditto.” Draco agreed. After a moment sitting on the couch, Draco stood up and held out his hand to Ginny.

“Shall we?” He asked, a smile on his face.

“Where are we going?” Ginny asked as she took his hand.

Draco just smiled.

~*~*~*~

Author's Note- Where are they going? Who knows? Oh wait- I DO! :) Well, Harry and Ginny had their confrontation and the dreaded black box of doom was revealed. But I'm not finished with the broach so please stay tuned to find out what happens. Sorry this took a while to get out. I was working a lot, had a small vacation, caught a cold, and had some minor writers block. At least it ended up being a lot longer than expected so that's a bonus, right? Please review! I appreciate them all! And thanks for reading!

-->

9. I Feel It All


The Adventure

By RowlingIdol

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. I don't own the song `I Feel It All'. This chapter contains slight language, teen drinking and sexual references. Review if you wish! They are most appreciated.

Authors Note- I forgot to mention last chapter kudos to the creators of `Potter Puppet Pals' because I took the line about Ron being called `Ronaldo' from one of their videos. :)

Chapter 9: I Feel It All

Ginny's eyes lazily fluttered open. She squinted at the light that shone down on her from the window. She judged by how light it was outside, it was probably almost noon.

She yawned and stretched her arms and legs, aches shooting up her legs. She could feel it all. She stretched her toes to get the aches out. She sat up, stretching her arms out wide. She smacked her lips and rubbed at her eyes with her fists.

She stopped in her rubbing, took her fists away from her eyes, and blinked multiple times.

This was not her room.

This was not her bed.

Ginny stared down at the rumpled white sheets and the gray comforter which was turned down on the other side of the large bed. There was a light impression on the mattress and pillow that lay next to hers. Besides herself, the room was empty.

There was a black wood armoire in the corner with a desk of the same color next to it.

The room was mostly tidy, save for some papers and items of clothing on the floor. None of them she recognized as her own.

She peeked underneath the white covers, curious as to her attire, even though she was quite cozy and warm.

She wasn't wearing her black dress but a pair of large black flannel sleep pants that were flopped over her toes. On top she was wearing a gray tee shirt that had short sleeves but the ends of them hung close to her elbows. She held out the front of the shirt to look at the imprint on it. She cocked her head to try to make out the picture. She turned her head to the other side before noticing the picture as the logo for the Quidditch team the Falmouth Falcons.

A door creaked open near the foot of the bed. Draco poked his head in.

“Oh good you're awake.” He said, inching his way into the room. In his arms he had her dress.

“I was wondering where that was.” Ginny said, nodding to the dress.

“I was looking for a hanger.” Draco said. “It was starting to get wrinkled lying on the floor.” He explained.

“It's alright.” Ginny said, pulling her legs up to her chest.

Draco hung the dress on the door of the armoire.

It had taken her a while to recall it all but as Draco walked around the room, picking up clothes off the floor, she thought of the previous night.

~*~*~*~

Draco had led her to his bedroom with a smirk and a finger over his lips, signaling her to keep quiet. He held her hand as he led her down stone hallways.

`Where are we going?' she softly giggled, holding her dress up with her free had so she was able to keep up.

Draco just kept smiling.

They reached a door at the end of the hallway.

`Wait here.' he told her. He darted inside and Ginny could hear some rustling of papers and such.

Ginny's heart was a flutter as she stood nervously out in the hallway.

`Close your eyes.' Draco called through the door.

Ginny sighed, a smile playing at her lips, and closed her eyes.

`Are they closed?' Draco asked. She heard the door open a bit, the wood creaking.

Ginny was then dragged into the room. She had to squeeze her eyes shut to prevent from popping open at the sudden movement.

`Okay open.' He said from behind her.

It was apparently Draco's room with all the black, gray, and green décor. It was apparent he had stashed dirty laundry and old papers under the bed in a hurry. There were a few candles flickering on the bedside table.

It was their first time together as an actual couple. Gone were the two nights of half drunken shaggings in the loud and shadowed club. This night, they made love.

It felt like Draco had kissed every inch of her body. He had chuckled when he found she had been wearing a corset.

`Hermione told me to.' Ginny had blushed.

`I will remember that.' Draco had replied. He then proceeded to loosen the corset, a kiss on her back with every lace undone. The kisses had given her chills.

Ginny shivered recalling the memory.

“Cold?” Draco asked in real life.

Ginny's head snapped up.

“I'm fine.” Ginny said.

“It's almost lunch time. I think its safe for you to leave now.” Draco said, stuffing clothes into his armoire.

“Alright.” Ginny said softly. Draco looked at her over his shoulder and smiled to himself as he watched her gaze about the room.

He recalled last night. It was probably really cheesy, having her wait out in the hallway but he wasn't about to let her into his room with it being a shamble, the clothes of the last several days left out and a few empty whiskey bottles here and there. He lit some candles to help rid the smell of the room but he wasn't about to tell her that.

Granger was higher on his shit list when he found out she had stuffed Ginny into a laced boob trap. He wasn't able to tell if Ginny had sighed out of relief or ecstasy once he had freed her from the horrid contraption, as he was giving her gentle kisses as he did so.

His hair was becoming less slick as they snogged half naked on his bed. It hung in his face in the front, tickling Ginny's face.

She smiled and brushed the strands away, looking into his eyes as he held himself above her.

Her eyes flickered with nervousness.

`What is it?' He asked. He hoped he hadn't done anything wrong.

`No…. It's just….. Um…….' Ginny said, shifting to the side underneath Draco.

She bit her lip and stared back up at him.

`I love you.' she softly whispered.

Draco let out a breathy chuckle.

`That makes two of us now.' He smirked.

Ginny giggled and gave a little shrug before he lowered himself down to kiss her lips.

Last night they became one.

“Are you ready?” Ginny asked Draco, coming over to the armoire, looking shorter than she really was with the bottoms of Draco's pants pooled slightly over her feet.

“Yeah.” He said, shutting the armoire. He handed her dress to her and gave her a kiss on her forehead. Ginny giggled.

Draco opened the door to the bedroom once again and gave a quick glance around.

“Alright lets go.” He said, holding to door open to her.

~*~*~*~

As they approached the Great Hall Ginny could hear the chatter of voices and clinking of plates. Passing by Ginny noticed it was very full. Most likely people, like herself, had slept in and missed breakfast.

Heading up the nearby staircase, Ginny heard familiar voices shout behind her.

“What do you mean she never came back to the tower last night?” A male voice angrily asked.

The male voice was followed by a wavering female voice.

“She wasn't in her bed this morning.” came the female voice.

“Was she there last night?” the first voice snapped.

“I didn't pay attention.”

“Damn it Hermione!”

Draco was pushing on Ginny's back to get her to walk up the stairs faster but it was too late. They were spotted.

“HEY!!!” Harry yelled, running towards the stairs. Ginny wanted to keep moving but she suddenly felt frozen with fear as Harry barreled up the staircase.

“What do you think you're doing with her?” Harry demanded of Draco.

“Escorting her back to her room. She's with me.” Draco said, stepping in front of Ginny protectively.

“What the FUCK are you wearing Ginny?” Harry spat in Ginny's direction. She shrank back.

“Harry! Harry don't!” Hermione cried, racing onto the staircase, Ron right behind her.

“Ginny!” Ron shouted.

“I think it would be best for you to leave Potter. She's with me.” Draco repeated.

“Oh yeah? Do you know what else is with you?” Harry said. Before Draco had a chance to guess, Harry answered his own question for him.

“My fist.”

~*~*~*~

“My goodness I thought I was finished with having you two in my hospital wing.” Madam Pomfrey tutted as she attended to Draco and Harry who were sitting on hospital beds on opposite ends of the room from each other.

Hermione and Ron stood around Harry's bed while Ginny was off alone on the far end of the room with Draco.

“He started it.” Draco said nasally, a bloodied handkerchief poised around his nose.

“You hush.” Ginny hissed. Draco shot Harry a look across the room.

“If I could flip you off I would.” Harry said, nursing his left arm.

“Do I need to get another Professor up here immediately?” Madam Pomfrey asked, hands on hips.

“No ma'am.” Draco responded.

“No ma'am.” Harry mocked in a girlish voice. Madam Pomfrey sighed and went off into her office, muttering to herself as she rummaged in her medicine cabinet.

The room was quiet save for Madam Pomfrey working in her office.

“How do you feel?” Ginny asked Draco.

“I feel it all.” Draco said, taking the handkerchief away from his nose. He gingerly touched it and winced.

“Does it look broken to you?” he asked her.

Ginny took a hold of his chin and tilted his head back and forth gently, examining his nose.

“It's hard to say. There's a lot of blood.”

“Will you kiss it better?” Draco asked, loud enough for Harry to overhear.

“All right that's it.” Harry said, beginning to get up from his bed, still clutching his arm. Ron and Hermione pushed him back down.

“But he's initiating it!” Harry blamed, staring between his two friends.

“We know.” Ron said, shooting Draco a dirty look.

Draco smirked.

“Ow!” He winced. It even hurt to smirk.

“That wasn't called for.” Ginny told him.

He frowned.

“Please?”

Ginny sighed.

“Later.” she whispered. Draco smugly shot a look at Harry. He considered sticking out his tongue but refrained. Harry made a face back at him.

“Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy.” said Professor McGonagall as she strolled into the room.

She rolled her eyes behind her glasses, seeing the five people in the room.

“I should have known.” she muttered, shaking her head.

“Never could get along, could you?” She commented. She turned to Madam Pomfrey who had exited her office to greet Professor McGonagall.

“What seems to be the damage?”

“Bumps and bruises mostly.” Madam Pomfrey said to Professor McGonagall. “Potter may have a minor fracture in his arm.”

“And what started all this ruckus?” Professor McGonagall wanted to know. Madam Pomfrey looked around at all the students, wanting to know the same.

No one answered.

“Fine. I suppose it doesn't matter anyways. Mister Malfoy, one hundred points from Slytherin. And Mister Potter? It pains me to do this to my own house but one hundred points from Gryffindor as well. In addition- you two will join me for detention the next two weekends.”

She nodded to Madam Pomfrey.

“Clean them up.” She said. Madam Pomfrey nodded back. Professor McGonagall left the room, muttering-

“I'm getting too old for this job.”

“You five behave. I have to run down to the potions stock.” Madam Pomfrey said, pointing her finger between the two boys sitting on the beds. She then exited the room.

~*~*~*~

“Someone needs to start explaining things. NOW.” Harry demanded from his side of the room.

The three of them stared in Draco's direction.

“What's there to explain?” Draco snapped from behind his handkerchief.

“I highly doubt those are Ron's clothes she's wearing. They`re too big.” Harry said, nodding in Ginny's direction.

“Are you suggesting I'm fat?” Draco snapped.

“You've got a big head.” Harry shot back.

“Which one are you referring to?” Draco asked, trying his best to smirk. The trio turned red in the face at Draco's dirty remark.

“Stop it you two.” Ginny said, blushing herself.

“Where were you last night.” Harry asked her.

“Isn't it quite obvious?” Draco drawled.

“I'm not asking you. I'm asking Ginny.”

“None of your business.” She said.

“You tell him.” Draco said, nudging her with his elbow.

“Stay out of this.” Ginny told him.

“Were you….. With him?” Ron choked out.

Ginny went red.

“I'm going to castrate you!!!!!!!!!!!!” Ron yelled, making a rush for Draco.

“Here we go again.” Hermione said, rolling her eyes. She raised her wand. “Stupefy!” She cried out, stunning Ron in his attempt to get to Draco. Ron's stiff body fell to the floor.

“You're such a whore.” Harry spat at Ginny.

Hermione even flinched when Harry said the word.

Before she knew it, Ginny was standing in front of Harry. She slapped him hard across the face. A bit of bloody saliva leaked from the corner of his mouth at the impact, his already broken glasses slipping further down his face.

“How DARE you?” Ginny shouted at Harry, tears beginning to stream down her face.

“How could you?” Harry snapped back, wiping the blood from the side of his mouth. “You're a slut.”

Ginny slapped him across the face again, her hand burning.

“Okay ENOUGH!” Hermione screamed.

“I told you no Harry. We have been over for a long time.” Ginny said, the tears still flowing. “Why do you still continue to hurt me?”

“You're hurt? I was ditched for a Death Eater! How do you think that makes me feel?”

Ginny suddenly felt a looming presence behind her.

“Don't think I won't stupefy you too.” Hermione growled, pointing her wand at Draco.

He held up his hand to her.

“Hold your fire Granger. I'm not going to hurt him….. Physically.”

Hermione lowered her wand and took a step back.

“Ginny deserves better than the likes of you.” Harry spat at Draco.

“Coming from someone who just verbally abused her? Really now Potter.” Draco said, shaking his head.

“It's because of you I did.” Harry blamed.

“No its not Harry. And you know it.” Draco said, touching Ginny's shaking shoulders gently.

There was silence except for the heavy breathing and Ginny's stifled sobs.

“You broke my heart Gin.” Harry croaked, trying not to cry in front of Draco.

“Oh I'll be the one who'll break my heart.” Ginny said darkly.

“I fought for you. I didn't rest. I didn't stop.” Harry said.

“Did we fight or did we talk?” Ginny asked.

“Well we fought near the end…” Harry said.

“You're different Harry. Face it. We're over. I'm with Draco now.”

Harry glared at Draco over Ginny's shoulder.

“I should have killed you when I had the chance.” Harry growled at Draco.

“Maybe you should have.” was Draco's reply.

“Goodness what's this?” said Madam Pomfrey as she entered the Hospital Wing, arms full of supplies.

“I told you children to behave!” She scolded.

“I apologize Madam Pomfrey. Ron was my doing.” Hermione said.

“Oh.” Madam Pomfrey said.

Hermione pointed her wand at Ron and he became un-petrified.

“Merlin Hermione! Took you long enough!” Ron said, scrambling to his feet.

“Why I ought to….“ He grunted, making a lunge for Draco but Hermione pointed her wand at him.

“No more fighting Ronald.” Hermione said, tears now welling in her eyes. “Please….. No more fighting…” she cried.

Ron sighed, his face falling. Hermione begun sobbing. Ron walked forward and past Draco to envelope Hermione in his arms.

“Okay…… No more fighting….” Ron told her, rubbing her back.

~*~*~*~

An hour later, Harry and Draco were released from the Hospital Wing. Harry had been forced to take a small dose of Skele-Gro to heal his fracture. His black eye was receding and his glasses had been repaired. There were still patches of red on his face from where Ginny had slapped him.

Draco's nose had turned out to be broken. He was now constantly checking his face in any sort of reflective surface.

“Does it look straight to you?” He kept asking Ginny. She just silently nodded.

Draco looked at her forlorn face.

“Let's go somewhere to talk.” Draco said quietly to her. She nodded again.

They walked past Ron and Hermione who were hanging back by themselves, having been brushed off by Harry who `wanted alone time'.

“Hey.” Ron said sharply to them.

“Not now Ron!” Ginny whined, continuing her way down the stairs from the Hospital Wing.

“Ginny…..” Hermione said seriously causing Ginny to stop. She turned and looked at her friend.

“Ron has something to say.” Hermione said, giving Ron a pointed look.

Ginny looked to her brother.

Ron's ears were going red.

“I um… Well…. I'm going to give him a chance.” Ron said, giving Draco a quick glance.

“I don't like you with him…. But….. It's your life.” Ron said. “And after what Harry said…..”

At that moment, Ginny rushed forward and gave her brother a big hug. They broke apart after a moment, Ginny wiping more tears from her eyes. Ron turned his attention to Draco.

“And if I hear about you…… And….. Well….. Her again……. I'm going to neuter you.” Ron warned Draco.

“Ron.” Hermione said sharply.

“Note taken Weasley.” Draco said, nodding to Ron who just stared dumbfounded back.

“And I want to say, I support you guys.” Hermione told Ginny and Draco.

“Wow Granger. That's touching.” Draco said sarcastically, putting a hand over his heart. Hermione rolled her eyes.

“Even though you were a Death Eater and all….. I know how much Ginny likes you. And I believe people can change too.” Hermione said. She gave Ginny a warm smile which Ginny returned.

“See you later.” Hermione told Ginny.

~*~*~*~

Draco stood waiting outside the portrait of the Fat Lady while Ginny freshened up.

“What do you think you're looking at?” The Fat Lady asked him, giving him shady looks.

“Nothing.” Draco snapped at her.

“Well!” The Fat Lady huffed, crossing her arms and looking away from Draco.

A few more moments went by and the portrait finally opened and Ginny emerged in a sweater and faded jeans, jacket draped over her arm.

“Where are we going?” She asked him.

“Where else?” Draco asked, reaching down and taking her hand.

About forty-five minutes later, Draco and Ginny were seated at Zabini's.

The club wasn't open for business yet but Blaise welcomed them in anyways. Ginny was too pre-occupied with the days events to care she was back at the place.

“Do I need to put Potter in his place?” Blaise asked the two after Draco explained what had happened in the afternoon.

“It's fine.” Ginny mumbled, shaking her head.

“Cheer up precious.” Blaise said, refilling her drink. Ginny went with a iced Butterbeer instead of the massive amounts of liquor Blaise had offered.

“You should have your mind on happier things.”

“Like what.” Ginny said glumly. “I can't even be happy, yet even fathom actually, that my brother is going to give Draco a chance.”

“You should be happy about that lovely new broach you have.” Blaise said, giving Draco a wink. Draco gave Blaise a threatening look.

“You knew about this?” Ginny asked, looking down at the broach that she had pinned to the front of her sweater. She smiled a little and delicately touched it.

“You could say that.” Blaise said, giving Draco another wink. Draco eyed him warily as he sipped his drink.

“It's a promise…. Pin.” Ginny said. Draco turned his head away from Blaise but he could feel Blaise's eyes boring into him anyways.

“A promise pin, eh? Is that what he told you?” Blaise said.

“Yes.” Ginny said, eyebrows furrowing slightly. She looked to Draco who was avoiding her gaze as well. Ginny frowned and looked between the two men. She was about to ask Blaise what he meant when there was a series of loud knocks on the door.

“It's open you imbeciles!” Blaise shouted at the door. Marcus Flint and Terence Higgs burst through the door. These were the Slytherin friends that Blaise had hired on to help him run the bar.

“Oy! Malfoy! Fancy finding you here.” Marcus said, chucking his jacket onto the bar counter. Draco nodded at Marcus.

“Put that away in your locker! I don't need your shit lying around my establishment!” Blaise barked at him.

“Fuck off!” Marcus said.

“Fuck off? Fuck you!” Blaise returned.

“Fuck you!” Marcus then replied.

“Language! There's a lady present!' Blaise then said, causing the workers to crane their necks in Ginny's direction.

“What's she doing `ere?” Terence asked, rudely pointing a finger.

“She's with me.” Draco said gruffly.

“Whoa. All right then.” Terence said, holding his hands up in surrender. He knew he didn't want to mess with Draco.

“With you?” Marcus said, now behind the bar with Blaise. He stared into Ginny's face.

“You're a Weasley, aren't you?” Marcus sneered.

“Yes.” Ginny snapped.

“This one's got spunk!” Marcus said. He looked her up and down. “Tell me Draco.” Marcus said, staring straight into Ginny's eyes.

“Does the carpet match the drapes?” He drawled, smirking.

“That's it!” Draco said, wiping out his wand and pointing it in Marcus' face.

“Ginny's practically family. You leave her alone or you're fired. Your paycheck just got docked.” Blaise said, shoving Marcus away from him.

“Docked? Really? Over a fucking Weasley?” Marcus said, backing up.

“Yes. Like I said. She's practically family now.”

“Fine. Whatever.” Marcus said, grabbing his jacket off the counter, giving Ginny a dirty look, and heading off behind a swinging door.

“Thanks.” Ginny said to Blaise.

“It was nothing my flower.” Blaise said. He took out his own wand and pointed it at the door. The `closed' sign flipped around to display `open'. The lights dimmed and the lamps on the tables littered around the club flicked on. Music started playing over where the stage was at.

“You're welcome to stay free of charge if you would like.” Blaise told them.

“We won't stay much longer.” Draco promised Blaise.

“No problem my brother.” Blaise said, pulling out tumblers and glasses and lining them on the counter.

“So you're public now?” Blaise inquired.

“Only to her friends…. And Potter.” Draco replied. “No one else.”

“Well. If you're keeping this on the down low, better be careful about who sees that pretty pin of yours.” Blaise warned Ginny.

“Why?” she asked.

“Trust me. Some people know what that is.”

“Blaise.” Draco said harshly.

“What? I didn't say anything.” Blaise said, shaking his head at Draco.

“What is it?” Ginny asked the two boys.

“It's an antique.” Draco said.

“And it looks lovely on you.” Blaise chimed in. Several locals had already entered the establishment and were calling greetings to Blaise.

“We'll probably head out now.” Draco said, sliding his empty glass towards Blaise.

“Right. Have a good evening.” Blaise said, taking the empty glass and setting it in the sink. Draco held his hand out to Ginny and helped her off her barstool.

~*~*~*~

The next day in NEWT Prep, the pressure was put on the 8th years at the reminder that NEWTs were in four weeks for them. Followed by a week for the tests to be graded, and then graduation on the last day of school before winter holiday.

The 8th years didn't seem phased- except her Hermione of course.

“Four weeks? FOUR WEEKS? That's like tomorrow! Oh I surely haven't studied enough!”

“It's a month away `Mione. Take it easy.” Ron told her. “Remember? Deep breaths…” Ron started mimicking heavy breathing in and out. Hermione started breathing in and out, closing her eyes in order to calm herself.

~*~*~*~

The next four weeks leading up to the NEWTs and the two weeks after seemed to come and go in a flash.

After successfully completing their detentions unscathed, Draco and Harry had gone back to studying for the NEWTs.

Most of the time, Draco and Ginny had spent studying in the library. They studied close to Hermione, Ron and Harry but not too close. It was miracle enough more fights hadn't broken out but Ginny knew that there were some close calls. Earlier that month, Ron had rounded a corner in the library and found Draco and Ginny wrapped in each others arms. He had dropped his stack of library books causing Madam Pince to threaten to give him detention during the NEWTs for treating books as such.

Hermione had been a complete mess throughout December. She was frazzled about the NEWTs. She seemed to relax for a whole minute after the test was complete but then began to worry about her grade. Now that she passed with high marks, she was anxious about the impending graduation ceremony.

“I don't understand why I'm required to wear these ugly things.” Draco grumbled looking into the mirror hanging from his armoire.

“It's traditional.” Ginny said, brushing lint of the front of the robe. It was a long plain black robe with the Hogwarts crest in the corner. Draco was staring at the wizard hat he was being expected to wear with disgust.

“It's hideous.” Draco said, looking down at his hat.

“Come on. Its only for an hour or so.” Ginny told him. She stood up on her tiptoes to give Draco a kiss even though she was tall enough with her heels on. She was dressed for the graduation ceremony that was about to happen. She had come down to the Slytherin common room, let in by Draco of course, to help him get ready.

“This is not how you drape this.” Ginny said, taking a yellow scarf off Draco's robe. She fastened it around his shoulders, the ends of the fabric draping down each shoulder.

“There.” ginny said, stepping back and admiring her work. “You're all ready.”

Draco lent down and kissed her.

“Thanks. Meet me back here when its over?” Draco asked. Ginny nodded.

“I have to go and save the seats.” Ginny said, giving him another kiss. She turned and hurried out of the room with a little wave.

The graduation was quiet boring since it was so small. Hermione was declared valedictorian so she was required to make a speech. Hermione prattled on about `the importance of studying' for a good half hour, causing the audience and the professors behind her to almost nod off.

When she was finished, everyone politely clapped. The 8th years were then called by Professor McGonagall to march across the platform in the Great Hall to receive their diplomas. A line of professors congratulated the students as they passed by.

“Granger, Hermione!” Professor McGonagall called. Hermione nearly ran across the stage. She had to slow down to shake all of the professors hands. She burst into tears of happiness as Professor McGonagall handed her her diploma.

“Malfoy, Draco!” professor McGonagall called next. Draco kept a straight face as he walked across the stage in his ugly robes, trying no to shake the professors hands. He was pretty much just lightly touching them before dropping his hand away quickly. Professor McGonagall gave him his diploma, nodding to him instead of opting to shake his hand. Draco gave Ginny a quick glance from the stage and smiled at her.

A few names were called, Harry's included. A large section of the audience cheered as he walked across the stage.

Finally, Ron was called.

“Weasley, Ronald!” Professor McGonagall called. The same section erupted again.

“Mum! Please!” Ginny complained to her mother, who had jumped out of her seat for the second time, wildly cheering and clapping her hands. Don't forget the crying.

“I'm just so-o-o-o ha-a-a-a-p-p-py!” Mrs. Weasley said between sobs. She dapped at her eyes with a red handkerchief and blew her nose loudly.

The graduates tossed their hats in the air as the school song begun to play. One hat burst into flames as it soared up into the air. No question whose hat that was.

The graduates then filed out of the Great Hall. The audience got up, chattering animatedly to each other.

“Ginny! Ginny dear where should we meet for the reception?” Mrs. Weasley asked, tugging at her daughters sleeve.

“They have to set the Great Hall back up. It'll be a moment.” Ginny said.

“We'll see you outside, yes?” Mr. Weasley asked, coming over to his wife and daughter.

She nodded her head.

“Yes Daddy.” She said. He nodded and smiled.

“That's my girl.”

Ginny hurried out of the Great Hall, trying to spot Draco's head amongst the sea of graduate students, huddled in a far corner of the entryway.

Ginny squeezed past a group of people and headed towards the Slytherin common room. She had almost reached it when she nearly ran into Draco.

“You changed already? That was fast.” Ginny said.

He wrapped her up in her arms and spun her around, causing her to squeal.

“I'm glad I'm done with this stupid school.” Draco said, setting her down.

“Not long before I am too.” Ginny agreed, flipping her hair back over her shoulders.

“I have to go back up to meet my parents.” Ginny told him.

“Don't go just yet.” Draco purred, pulling her close to him. He lowered his mouth to her and pushed her up against the stone wall in the hallway.

Ginny giggled against his mouth.

“Shhh!” Draco told her, smiling.

They had their arms all over each other, kissing. Draco trailed hot kisses down her neck making Ginny gasp.

“You like that?” Draco asked huskily.

“Yes…” Ginny gasped out. Draco started trailing kisses down the other side of her neck. Ginny closed her eyes and sighed heavily.

Suddenly, a very sharp and strangled gasp could be heard to their left. Ginny's eyes popped open.

“Oh shit.” Ginny whispered, scrambling to push Draco off her.

“What? What's wrong?” Draco asked her. Ginny just stared over his shoulder.

“DRACO!” came a choked voice. Draco whirled around.

“Father?!” Draco gasped.

There was a clattering as Lucius Malfoy's cane fell to the ground. Lucius slumped against the wall, gripping his left arm fiercely.

“Lucius? Are you down here? Oh my goodness!” came another voice, this time belonging to Narcissa Malfoy.

“Lucius!” Narcissa cried out, rushing forward and reaching for her husband.

Draco helped his Father up from against the wall. Lucius was now heavily breathing with his hand clutching at his heart.

“What's going on down here?” came another voice. A troupe of redheads rounded the corner.

“Ginny! There you are!” Mr. Weasley said lightly.

“Call for help!” Narcissa snapped at him. The Weasleys turned to stare at Lucius, whose eyes were threatening to pop as he gasped for air.

“Merlin! Ron! Go get Madam Pomfrey!” Mrs. Weasley shouted.

“Way to go Ginny!” Ron cheered from the back of the group. “You gave Malfoy a heart attack!”

~*~*~*~

Authors Note- You saw it coming didn't you? Hope not. If you did, that's okay too. And I said I still wasn't done with the broach so you guys will have to stay tuned to see what happens with that little gem. Hope you liked this chapter. I had another hard time getting it out, especially with Harry's dialogue in the Hospital Wing. I promise the next chapter will be a lot better. Thanks for reading and leave a review if you wish. Thanks!

-->

10. Love Story


The Adventure

By RowlingIdol

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. I don't own the song `Love Story'. This chapter contains slight language, teen drinking and sexual references. Review if you wish! They are most appreciated.

Authors Note- Sorry this took a while. I blame it on costume making, Pokemon battling, and The Sims 3 and just life in general.

Chapter 10: Love Story

“I am so… Sorry.” Ginny apologized for about the millionth time. Lucius continued to pretend not to hear her.

“Can someone remove these people out of my sight?” Lucius snapped at Madam Pomfrey.

“Yes. We would like our privacy.” Narcissa said, nodding to the nurse.

“I think that's our cue.” Mr. Weasley said gently to his family, putting a hand on his wife's shoulder and steering her towards the door of the Hospital Wing, the rest of the clan following suit.

After the family had exited the room, Lucius shifted uncomfortably in the bed he was situated in. It was quite embarrassing to be stuck in a school hospital wing of all places after having a minor heart attack.

“I told you eating a pound of bacon each morning for breakfast was not good for you.” Narcissa told Lucius.

He harrumphed, crossed his arms in a grumpy manor, and turned his head away from her. Narcissa sighed out of annoyance.

“Let me see your arm please Mr. Malfoy.” Madam Pomfrey said, reaching for him with a syringe in hand.

Lucius reluctantly held out his right arm and Madam Pomfrey injected a small amount of liquid into it.

“What's that supposed to do.” Draco asked, curious.

“It should help unclog some of his arteries. A pound of bacon each day you say?” Madam Pomfrey asked Narcissa, an eyebrow raising. Narcissa glared at the nurse for listening in while Lucius glared at his wife.

Madam Pomfrey's mouth turned down in frustration and she stalked back to her office, muttering something that sounded like `ungrateful criminal'.

After Lucius was confident that Madam Pomfrey was plenty out of earshot, he turned his attention to his son.

“I trusted you with that item Draco. What are you doing giving it to…. To…. To that Weasley girl?”

“You told me I needed to get serious.”

“Not about a Weasley!”

“You told me I had to give it to her.”

“I would never have told you to give it to whomever you were seeing if I knew it was a WEASLEY!”

“I tried to tell you but you wouldn't listen!”

“You should have made me listen!”

Draco sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

“You know…. You're right….” Draco muttered, nodding his head. “I should have.”

Lucius looked smug at this confession.

“But I didn't want to.”

The look was wiped off Lucius' face.

“Draco! What are you saying?” Narcissa asked shocked.

“You take that heirloom back!” Lucius rasped, face going red.

A sudden beeping sound surrounded the family and Madam Pomfrey quickly emerged from her office.

“Out! You're raising his blood pressure!” Madam Pomfrey snapped at Draco. She tapped Lucius' hospital bed with her wand and the beeping stopped.

“You need to rest!” Madam Pomfrey demanded of Lucius, glaring at him, hands on her hips.

“What I need-” Lucius gasped. “Is to get that broach back from that blood traitor before she pawns it off!”

“There will be NO such language in my hospital wing!” Madam Pomfrey shouted, pointing her wand at Lucius. “Now do I need to give you a sleeping draught or will you go to rest quietly?”

Lucius just glared at her, breathing heavily. He shot Draco a dirty look.

“Come on Mother.” Draco said, holding out his hand to his mother. Narcissa frowned but stood up from her seat. Lucius grumbled when Narcissa gently kissed his forehead before departing the room.

~*~*~*~

“Draco. You can NOT be serious.” Narcissa said once they were out in the hall.

“Do you have any objections to her besides her lack of wealth?” Draco asked.

“Draco!” Narcissa hissed.

“Answer my question.” Draco asked his mother. Narcissa fiddled with her dress and did not look at him.

“Mother….”

Narcissa still refused to answer. Draco instantly knew she was hiding something.

“Mother! You KNEW! You knew and you didn't tell me.” Draco paused. “You didn't tell Father!”

Narcissa bit her lip.

“How did you find out?” Draco asked.

“Well… I met with some lady friends for tea the other day. One of them heard from Blaise's mother, who heard from Blaise…..”

“I'm going to kill him.” Draco muttered.

“All I knew was that she said according to Blaise, you were getting close with a red head. I never suspected her to be a Weasley.”

“She can't help it.” Draco defended.

“I understand that. But your Father….”

“He doesn't approve.” Draco finished.

“I don't need to explain his reasons to you.” She said.

“But why can't he now? Our family has a bad reputation. We no longer have the connections we used to. We aren`t hurting anyone. Intentionally.” Draco added.

“Your point is valid Draco but your Father will not listen.” Narcissa said, shaking her head yet again.

“You're listening to me.” Draco pointed out. Narcissa patted with her hair.

“Yes well…..”

“Have you no objection other than your belief in my indifference?” Draco asked.

After a long moment Narcissa gave her reply.

“If she makes you happy….” she trailed off. Draco let out a sigh of relief.

“Thank you Mother.” Draco said, trying not to smile.

“You must deal with your Father though.” Narcissa said, pointing a finger at Draco.

“Yes mother.” Draco said.

“I'm going back in to check on him.” Narcissa said. She gave Draco a kiss on the cheek before heading back into the Hospital Wing.

~*~*~*~

The Weasleys sat quietly in the Gryffindor common room.

“I don't get it.” Bill said, shaking his head.

“I do!” Fleur interjected.

You do?” George asked surprised.

“His looks of course!” Fleur stated.

Bill groaned and rolled his eyes.

“It's always about vanity with you, isn't it?” Bill asked his wife.

“Of course not! But don't you see it? Ginny and I must have good taste in men, yes?” Fleur asked, patting Bill's knee and winking at Ginny. Bill just grumbled.

“I still don't get it and I've known longer than the rest of you.” Ron made a point.

“I wish you wouldn't keep secrets Ginny dear.” Mrs. Weasley told Ginny.

“And YOU Ronald! You shouldn't keep them either! How could you not tell us?” she snapped, turning on Ron.

“Me? Why am I getting yelled at now?” Ron whined.

“Ron hush!” Hermione said, tugging at his arm.

“Take into consideration my dears.” Mr. Weasley began. “The Malfoy's didn't know about this either.”

“Serves him right.” Mrs. Weasley said. “That man is so vile and rude!”

“I believe we all agree to that.”

There was more silence.

“And what do YOU have to say about all this young lady?” Mrs. Weasley asked Ginny.

Ginny just shrugged.

“How could you like that boy? Harry is SO much nicer.” Mrs. Weasley said, lowering her voice when speaking about Harry.

“He's different Mum.” Ginny said. “His family doesn't have any connections anymore. They are no better than us now.”

“They're still filthy stinking rich.” Ron put in.

“Hey we're not so bad off anymore thanks to the joke shop.” George said. “We make plenty of money to help the family out, Fred and…..” He cut himself off.

There was a collective sigh from the group at the mention of Fred. Mr. Weasley broke the silence by clearing his throat.

“Well, regardless of ones earnings, we all need to support each other. No matter what the circumstances. Right Weasleys?” Mr. Weasley asked.

There was a grumble of agreement from around the room.

“Right.” Mr. Weasley said, giving a wink to Ginny, who gave him a small smile.

“Can we go home now?” Ron complained.

~*~*~*~

There was a soft knock on the door to the Hospital Wing. Even though it was a public room, Ginny still felt the need to knock.

Madam Pomfrey opened the door, a confused look on her face. She frowned when she saw it was Ginny.

“Good luck. He's awake.” She whispered to Ginny as she walked past the nurse into the room.

Ginny took a deep breath before walking toward the far corner of the room where Lucius still lay on his hospital bed. Narcissa and Draco were seated on each side of the bed. Lucius was sipping soup from a bowl on a tray propped across his legs.

“This soup is absolutely disgusting.” Lucius commented, letting the spoon fall with a clatter into his bowl.

“It's good for you my dear.” Narcissa said gently.

“It's putrid, that's what it is.” He said. He looked up, seeing Ginny standing near the foot of his bed.

“What do you want.” He snapped, though not as harshly as he could have. Narcissa and Draco turned in their seats towards her.

“I….. Wanted to apologize….” Ginny began, wringing her hands.

“It's not your fault dear.” Narcissa suddenly spoke up. Lucius' long hair nearly went into his bowl of soup as his head whipped towards his wife.

“Narcissa!” Lucius snapped at her.

“I didn't mean to cause any trouble.” Ginny said.

“On the contrary, you have.” Lucius growled.

“Believe me sir, it was in no way intentional.”

“That remains to be seen.” Lucius replied.

“Father, please…” Draco began, eyes flicking between Ginny and Lucius.

“Be quiet Draco.” Lucius said, starting straight at Ginny. She swallowed hard.

“So. Miss Weasley.” Lucius drawled.

“Ginevra.” Ginny said.

“Ginevra…. Hmm…” He crossed his arms and continued to stare at her.

“Turn around.” He nearly barked.

It took a moment for the command to sink in but Ginny moved to turn around.

`Not so fast!” Lucius snapped.

Ginny turned slowly as if she was on a moving pedestal.

“Turn to the right.” Lucius said, motioning with his hands. Ginny obeyed.

“Now the left.” Lucius said.

Ginny suppressed a sigh and turned the other way.

“You may stop.” Lucius said, sounding slightly annoyed.

“Narcissa.” Lucius said, continuing to stare at Ginny.

“Yes my love.” Narcissa said, touching her husbands shoulder gently.

“Opinion.” Lucius snapped.

“A little too much weight for her height.” Narcissa said, looking Ginny up and down.

“Oh Merlin. Please Mother.” Draco begged his Mother, giving his parents pleading looks.

“Her face is agreeable.” Narcissa continued.

“Barely tolerable I say.” Lucius inputted. “Apparently handsome enough to tempt Draco.”

The Malfoys looked towards their son who stared blankly back.

“Ginevra.” Lucius drawled.

Ginny shuffled her feet.

“Yes sir?”

“Stand up straight when you are spoken to!” Lucius demanded. Ginny straightened her pose.

“Chin up.” He ordered.

Ginny refrained from rolling her eyes but obeyed, lifting her chin slightly.

“It seems my son has made you an offer.” Lucius said, clasping his hands together in his lap.

“Excuse me sir?”

“An offer of impending engagement.” Lucius said, breaking his eye contact with Ginny to glare at Draco who refused to look at Ginny.

“I'm afraid I don't understand… Sir.” Ginny replied.

“Don't pretend to be ignorant of the fact. You are wearing the family crest.”

Ginny looked down at the broach that was pinned to the front of her sweater.

“Oh.”

It all seemed to make sense now. All the comments Blaise had thrown around regarding the broach were coming to light.

“Keep in mind Ginevra, that as much as I would like to ask for the crest back, I can not.”

Lucius glared at Draco again.

“So. Let us make some things clear.” Lucius said, tapping his fingertips together in a plotting manner.

“You will dress appropriately when attending dinners at the Manor. Speak only when spoken to. You are granted limited displays of affection, absolutely NONE in my presence, and definitely NO discussion of past events and acquaintances, yes? I don't believe I need to explain whom I`m speaking of.”

Ginny blinked several times.

“Yes…. Sir.” She slowly replied.

“Remove yourself from my sight.” Lucius said, turning his head away from her and fanning her away as if she was a fly.

Ginny turned quickly and hurried out of the room, Draco hot on her heels.

~*~*~*~

“Ginny wait!” Draco called after her, clambering down a staircase after her. She was moving rather quickly despite the fact that she was wearing heels.

“Slow down! We need to talk!” He shouted. Luckily, by this time of day, all of the students had gone home for winter break. His booming voice echoed around the staircases.

Draco finally caught up to her outside the Great Hall, grabbing her arm to pull her towards him.

“Let me go Draco!” Ginny cried, tears running down her face.

“Not until you listen!” He said, turning her around.

“You didn't tell me the truth!” Ginny spat, still struggling to get out of his hold.

“You're right. I didn't.” Draco replied calmly.

“Why would you do this?” Ginny choked out, giving up the fight to get out of Draco's grasp.

Draco stared down at her watery brown eyes and felt his heart crack at the betrayal he had dragged her into.

“You're right.” Draco repeated. “I lied.”

“That is a BIG lie Draco Malfoy.” Ginny said, bottom lip severely quivering. “A SERIOUS lie.”

“The broach is an engagement tradition within my family.” Draco admitted. Ginny opened her mouth but Draco quickly cut her off.

“BUT- I chose to give it to you as means of what I told you, as means of a promise and that I care about you and I am serious about what we have. I did in no means propose to you.”

“Your father seems to think so.” Ginny said grumpily.

“Yes. Because he knows what the family crests are used for.”

“Why did you use to for something else?” Ginny asked, stepping back from Draco, who had released her arms.

“He wanted me to pass it on but… I'm not ready for an engagement. You're not either. That's why you were trying to get away.”

Ginny bit her lip.

“It's not that I don't want to…. Maybe someday…..” Ginny started but she trailed off. Draco could tell by the flush in her cheeks as she brushed the tears from her face what she meant.

“I know.” Draco said, stepping back from her, stuffing his hands in his pockets. “Me too.”

After a moment of silence, except for Ginny's sniffing, Draco spoke again.

“If I was going to….. I would do it the modern way. With rings.”

Ginny sniffed, blushed again, and nodded her head in understanding.

“Sorry I lied.” Draco said, not looking at her.

“It's okay. Sorry I ran.” ginny said shuffling her scuffed shoes.

“Sorry for my Father. He….. Has high standards.”

“Oh I'm well aware.” Ginny said.

“Yes well….” Draco said, trailing off.

“As soon as Madam Pomfrey says its all right, we are headed home for the holiday. I suppose you will be too.”

“Yes.”

“You know we never did discuss what we would do after I left…” Draco said.

Ginny's eyes began to water again.

“But…. I talked to my father. Pick out a nice dress. You are welcome to our Christmas Eve party at the manor.”

“Really? A Christmas party? At your house?”

“Mother likes to play hostess.” Draco said, slightly rolling his eyes.

Ginny wiped a few tears from her eyes again.

“So what do you say? Yes?” Draco asked her.

She nodded and giggled, a few more tears dripping down her cheeks.

“Yes.” she replied.

“We can discuss the future then okay? I will send you an owl with the details.”

He reached down and grabbed one of her hands and gently squeezed it.

“Love you.” He mumbled.

~*~*~*~

Ginny arrived at the Malfoy Manor via a Portkey, the invitation the Draco had sent her.

She had on a old, worn tarter patterned pea coat over her party dress. It wasn't the most current style of dress, but it still was nice. She had worn it only a few times. It was her go-to party dress, it being the nicest dress she had owned, prior to the masquerade dress.

It was a happy green color. Not bright green, a slightly dark grass green color, with a somewhat wide neckline, and short sleeves. It was made of soft velvet material and it fit nicely at her waist. The bottom of the dress poofed out nicely, but the tool underneath was slightly itchy and she could already feel one of her stockings beginning to slump down her leg. She had borrowed some shoes from Hermione. None of her own shoes were the right height for the dress. The dress wasn't floor length, it fell inches above her ankle, but it wasn't obviously too short for her.

She blew into her wool mittens to keep her hands warm as she approached the door of the Manor.

She lifted the heavy dragon head door knocker and knocked three times.

After a minute, a house elf strained to pull open the large heavy door open.

“Welcome miss!” The elf squeaked.

Draco appeared from behind the elf.

“Move.” He told it, neither rudely nor nicely. She scurried away with a low bow.

“Merry Christmas…. Well, almost….” Ginny said, stepping into the foyer of the Manor.

“Same to you.” Draco said. Draco was wearing a dark, almost black looking, suit with a crisp white shirt underneath the jacket. His tie was just a few shades lighter than his suit.

He took his coat from her and another elf came and took it.

He leaned down and kissed her gently.

“Ahem!”

Ginny quickly leaned away from Draco, clearly knowing who had interrupted.

“I see your guest has arrived Draco?” Lucius asked from the hallway. He was wearing a long velvet robe. It was a handsome forest green color, though not as dark as the color of Draco's suit. The fabric matched Ginny's, much to Lucius dismay, though his was of much better quality. It had fancy gold trim.

“Ginevra. Good evening.” Narcissa said, perched on Lucius arm, giving a short nod to Ginny. She was wearing a cranberry red dress that was floor length and had long graceful sleeves. She had sparkly gold heels peeking out from the bottom of the dress that matched the trim of Lucius' robe.

“Good evening. Merry Christmas.” Ginny replied politely.

The four of the stood awkwardly in the foyer until another knock on the door signaled the arrival of ore guests.

“What are you standing there for? Answer the door!” Lucius barked at a hovering house elf. The elf gave a small squeak and rushed to the door.

“Well….. Don't you look…… Festive.” Lucius said with a slight sneer to Ginny.

She looked down at her outfit. She hadn't thought about how red and green she looked, especially with her hair and dress combination.

“Thank you?” Ginny replied.

Narcissa gave another nod to Ginny as she and Lucius moved to greet the older couple who had just arrived. Draco put his hand on her shoulders and steered her towards the Christmas tree that stood in the sitting area near the winding staircase.

“I'm glad you came.” He whispered into his ear. He gave her another kiss on the side of her head.

“Draco…..” Came a warning tone from Lucius.

~*~*~*~

The party began to get lively with more and more guests arriving every minute. The smell of food cooking in the kitchen was wafting throughout the Manor, making everyone hungry. Draco stood by Ginny`s side the entire time they walked around, greeting guests and making conversation.

“Well, I had to see it to believe it.” came a smug voice from behind Ginny. Ginny turned around, Draco following suit.

“Parkinson.” Ginny said curtly to Pansy.

“Its Karkaroff now.” Pansy said with a toss of her head. She turned to the tall man next to her and looped her arm with his.

“This is Sovereign Karkaroff, my husband.” She sniffed.

“Pleazed to meet you both.” Sovereign said with a nod of his head.

Sovereign definitely resembled a much younger Igor Karkaroff, with the dark hair, hallowed face, and of course, the bird like nose that hooked dangerously at the end.

“Too bad you couldn't make it to the wedding Drakey-poo.” Pansy told Draco. “Then again….” she said looking Ginny up and down.

“If she would have been your `plus one' then maybe it's a good thing you didn't attend.” Pansy said sneering at Ginny, wrinkling her pug-like nose.

Draco rolled his eyes.

“Pahnzee be nice my love.” Sovereign told her, nuzzling her hair with his beak-like nose.

“Oh Sov-sov, don't worry. I'm playing nice.” She said, patting her husbands arm.

“Fetch me something to drink. Non alcoholic, remember? Or else your mother is going to get on my case again.” Pansy said annoyed, waving her husband away.

“Right away.” Sovereign said, pecking Pansy's cheek with a kiss before retreating towards the buffet.

That's when Draco noticed something very different about Pansy.

“So when was I going to hear you were knocked up?” Draco asked Pansy. She beamed at the question.

“Four months along! Don't I look FABULOUS?” Pansy said, turning side to side in her dress, letting her baby bump show. Draco grimaced.

She had looked frumpy upon entering the party, but Draco had thought it was due to the white fur trimmed coat she wore.

“Didn't you get married in October?” Ginny spoke up. The look of happiness was wiped off Pansy's face.

“Yes.” Pansy snapped.

Draco stifled a laugh.

“What's so funny?” Pansy snapped again, this time at Draco.

“Nothing.” Draco said, struggling to stop the smile playing at his lips.

“I wouldn't be laughing Drakey-poo.” Pansy said, poking a finger at his chest, wrinkling his tie. “I'm not the one dating a WEASLEY.”

“At least I'm not dating a bird.” Draco shot back.

Ginny sniggered as Pansy grew red in the face.

“Pahnzee I have returned vith your drink.” Sovereign said, handing his wife a glass of punch. She nearly spilled the drink over her husband as she snatched it quickly out of his hand. She stalked off haughtily, Sovereign quickly trotting after her, very confused.

“Come, dinner is almost ready.” Draco whispered in Ginny's ear, putting his hand on the small of her back and leading her towards one of the dining rooms.

People were already taking their places in the dining room.

Lucius sat looking grumpy in his velvet green robe at the head of the table. Narcissa was hissing instructions to a house elf before looking up cheerily at the guests filing in the room.

Draco took his seat, to the left of his father at the table. Draco then nodded to his left, indicating Ginny sit there.

“There you are Draco! You and Ginevra should have been seated ten minutes ago!” Narcissa said, to the two of them, cloth napkins magically appearing on their laps.

“Our apologies, Mother. We got to chatting with Pansy and her new husband.”

“Ah yes! Speaking of the Karkaroffs, there they are now.” Narcissa said, waving to a couple who had just entered the dining room. Lucius continued to frown.

A man that could have been Igor Karkaroff walked down the side of the long table. He looked almost identical to Igor except for the fact that his hair was shorter and he wasn't as thin. The lady perched on his arm had a snooty face and brown hair tied tight in a bun. She wore a coat similar to the one pansy wore, except this one was gray and not white.

“Loochus!” Vlad Karkaroff nearly cheered, making his way closer to the head of the table.

“Vlad.” Lucius said, barely moving his head in a nod.

“Loochus, surely yoo rememver my vife, Svidanniya.” Vlad said, indicating the woman on his arm.

“Of course. How to do you do.” Lucius said.

“Vonderful thanks.” Svidanniya said.

“Please take your seats!” Narcissa said.

The Karkaroffs sat down next to Narcissa, with Pansy and Sovereign sitting further down the table.

After all the guests had been seated, two short lines of house elves entered the room, all carrying great silver platters above their heads. They quickly ushered them into place on the long table and then with a loud snap, the lids of the platters disappeared and the fresh food was revealed to the guests.

Murmurs of delight continued to fill the room as people helped themselves to the feast.

“Loochus. Yoo did not tell me there vere red heads in the family line. Or iz eet pearhaps on your vifes side?” Vlad asked while cutting his veal, giving curious side glances to Ginny.

Lucius started to go red in the face. Narcissa cleared her throat.

“Vladimir, Ginevra is Draco's gir…. Ah… Um…. Date.” She said, trying not to look at Ginny.

“I see! Vell, Ginezvra.”

“It's Ginevra.” Ginny corrected.

“Yes. That iz vat I said. Ginezvra. Now, tell me child. Did you attend Hogvorts?”

“Yes. I graduate this spring.”

“My Sovereign vas top student at Durmstrang. You know of Durmstrang? Yes yes. I am sure you do. Almost as soon as he had started school, he vas flying to the top of his class!”

“Flying huh?” Ginny asked sarcastically, a twinkle in her eye as she imagined the bird like Sovereign sitting on a perch instead of a desk in class. Draco gave her a nudge and a look that said `watch what you are saying!'.

“Yes of course! Though everybody suspected eet vas because Sovereign was the nephew of Durmstrangs late headmaster, my brozzer Igor.”

Vlad now turned back to Lucius.

“Loochus! Vie did you not send Draco to Durmstrang? All that trouble at Hogvorts…. None of that vould have happened at Durmstrang.”

“It was Narcissa's decision.” Lucius said curtly, desperately wanting to avoid the topic of the war.

“Ah.” Vlad said. He had a look on his face that made it clear that he thought Lucius was being rude, as he was.

“Ginezvra. Were you in the same house as my Sovereigns Pahnzee?” Vlad asked, nodding down the table at Sovereign and Pansy who were sitting next to an elderly wizard whose dentures had fallen out into his blood pudding.

“Ah….” Ginny said, her eyes flicking to Lucius. His left eye twitched.

“Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.” Ginny lied. Draco coughed.

“Ah! Yes yes! So you know all about zee bebe?”

“Yes. She spoke to us about that before dinner.”

“Oh! She is expecting?” Narcissa piped up. Lucius rolled his eyes.

“Yes my dear Narcissa! Danniya and I expect a healthy bebe boy! Us Karkaroffs have a history of males as strong as the Malfoys, did you know?”

“No. I was not aware of that fact.” Narcissa said.

“I'd hate to see what kind of nose the kid gets.” Ginny blurted out, unable to keep her inner thoughts to herself anymore.

There was a sputtering noise, the kind made from choking on a drink and trying not to laugh. Ginny turned to her right to see if Draco was alright but he was perfectly okay. He was focused on his father at the head of the table, dabbing at his wet chin.

“Good heavens!” Narcissa said. She snapped her fingers and a house elf appeared and quickly cleaned up the spilt drink.

Ginny couldn't help but smile a little. Lucius gave her a look, a small light in his eyes, but it quickly faded.

“When is dessert?” He quickly asked.

~*~*~*~

After the dessert, everyone returned to the main hall where a troupe of elves in bright festive green outfits were setting up chairs and instruments.

“For the dancing.” Draco said, leaning in close to Ginny after seeing her curious stares.

“Dancing?” Ginny asked.

“Mother is very fond of there being dancing at her parties.” He explained.

Lucius and Narcissa walked past them out of the dining room and into the main hall. Draco nodded quickly to his Father who did not return the gesture.

The guests were milling about, striking up conversation with fellow acquaintances. The house elves who had brought the dinner trays were now carefully bustling about with trays of hot chocolate and marshmallows, offering them to the guests.

“Ah! Draco!!! Good to see you boy. Its been…. A while.”

A large blonde man approached the two, with two mugs of cocoa, one in each hand.

“I'd shake your hand but…” Draco said to the man.

“Quite all right m'boy!” The man said, taking a sip from one mug, then the other.

“You remember me right? Carter McLaggen. You may know my boy Cormac? Of course you weren't in the same house….”

“Yes sir. Thank you for attending.” Draco said politely.

“And who is this?” Carter said, taking another sip of cocoa.

“Miss Ginevra Weasley.” Draco said, taking a hold Ginny's elbow and scooting her forward.

“A WEASLEY! Pleasure to meet you. And your father? How is he?” Carter said, his head bobbing up and down, cocoa misting the bottom of his moustache.

“He is well thank you.”

“Good. Good. Send them my best. Draco.” Carter said turning back to Draco.

“Could I interest you in some business conversation? Your father mentioned how you are at a crossroads when it comes to a career…..”

“Of course Carter.” Draco said.

“Be just a moment dear!” Carter said happily to Ginny. She smiled back politely and nodded.

“I'll be back.” Draco said quietly, nodding to her.

“Have fun.” Ginny said as Carter and Draco walked towards the Christmas tree, Carter still drinking from both mugs.

Ginny took the last sip of her cocoa from her mug and set it down quickly on the tray of a passing house elf in his way to the kitchens.

The general splendor of the Malfoy Manor was breathtaking. It was bright and cheerful, a complete turn around from this summer. She imagined Narcissa made a great effort in planning the remodel of the house, not necessarily in the work it took.

She clasped her hands together behind her back and began to wander around the room. There were old tapestries and oil paintings hung on the walls, and plush rugs sat underneath several couches and chairs occupied by chatting guests. She passed the Karkaroffs as she wandered around. She caught a nasty glimpse from Pansy but she kept on walking.

A light from a door open a crack piqued her curiosity. She looked behind her to see if anyone was watching as she moved from the main hall to small hallway. She didn't see anyone.

She moved closer to the room and peeked through the crack. With a creak the door opened wider. It was a parlor.

With one last glance over her shoulder, Ginny entered the room. She quietly closed it with a click behind herself.

There was a round coffee table in the middle of the room, an old kerosene lamp flickering in the middle of the table. Bookshelves and glass cases lined the walls, filled with treasures and antiques. Various portraits were placed along the open areas of the wall above the cases.

Obviously the portraits were of family. She couldn't tell if some were of past or current family members. Some were obvious. A picture of Narcissa and Bellatrix on Narcissa's wedding day sat on an end table with a glass vase. Bellatrix sneered at Ginny from the picture, her choice of bridesmaid dress not to Narcissa's taste by the look Narcissa was giving her in the picture. Further along the wall was an old wooden frame of a blonde man with vivid red eyes. Possibly a vampire? Ginny shrugged to herself.

A grand picture of the Malfoy family hung over a crackling fireplace. The three looked very solemn. Neither Draco nor Lucius were smiling or had any hint of happiness in their faces. Narcissa had a small smile on her face but her smile did not meet her eyes. It must have been taken either around Draco's fourth or fifth year.

Ginny took her eyes off the picture and frowned. She could hear people speaking, and it was coming closer.

Voices from the hallway grew louder and the sound of the door opening made Ginny whirl around. Gregory Goyle and Marcus flint were deep in conversation with each other as they entered the parlor.

“It itches something fierce!” Goyle gruffly grumbled, gripping the top of his pants and shifting them side to side slightly.

“I told you she was loose. However, you're too daft to care. It's your own damn fault.”

“It feels like dragon breath on my bal---”

Goyle was cut off as Marcus put out an arm to stop him. The movement nearly sent Goyle knocking into a cabinet full of glass ware.

“What's this?” Marcus hissed, realizing they weren't alone in the room.

Ginny stood shocked at the intrusion.

“What's she doing here?” Goyle asked stupidly.

“I was invited.” Ginny said. She rarely heard him speak at school and it was startling to see him again after the war. She took a step back.

“Yeah right. You probably snuck in during the party.” Goyle snorted.

“What do you think you're doing in here? This is a private room.” Marcus asked, taking steps closer to Ginny, Goyle following suit.

“She's probably nicking things to sell, the poor wench.” Goyle grunted.

“I'm not stealing anything.” Ginny snapped, glaring at the men who were advancing towards her. She took another step back.

“You're not stealing anything? Then why are you wearing the Malfoy crest?” Goyle asked.

“Oh that's right.” Marcus said, getting threateningly close to Ginny.

“What's right?” Ginny asked, being pushed closer and closer towards the corner of the room.

“Goyle doesn't know about you and Draco.” Marcus said, shooting Goyle a look.

“What? You mean…?” Goyle started, looking between Marcus and Ginny. His eyes narrowed.

“I'm not that stupid.” Goyle grumbled, clenching his hands into fists.

“I'm not making it up.” Marcus said. “Female Weasel is with Draco. Merlin knows why. ”

“You're lying. You just want her for yourself.” Goyle said.

“What would I want with a dirt poor blood traitor Goyle?”

“I don't know…. You always are stealing girls at the bar.”

“That's because none of them want you Goyle. And the ones that do? Give you CRABS.”

Goyle frowned and fidgeted with his pants again.

Marcus turned back to Ginny again and shoved her into the corner.

“Draco never answered my question….” Marcus hissed down to her, his arms pressed up against the wall above her shoulders.

Ginny's eyes narrowed at Marcus.

“You wouldn't dare.” Ginny hissed.

“Oh yeah?” Marcus asked, his lips curling up in a menacing manner over his yellowed teeth.

“Try me.” He growled.

There was a sudden crashing sound as the doors to the parlor burst open. Ginny gave a panicked look over her shoulder at the new intruder. Marcus turned to look as well and while he was distracted, Ginny whipped out her wand.

“Furnunculus!” Ginny shouted, aiming at Marcus.

Marcus shouted in pain and stumbled back and away from her, clutching at his face as painful boils began sprouting up.

Goyle and Marcus quickly scrambled from the room, leaving Ginny breathing heavily in the corner, clutching her wand with white knuckled hands.

“Hasn't anyone told you it's not polite to snoop around in other peoples homes Miss Weasley?” Lucius drawled from the doorway, staring after the boys who had fled from the parlor.

Ginny drew in a shaky breath.

“I…. I'm sorry…. S-s-sir. I was….. Only looking…. At the pictures.” Ginny breathed out. She hurried and put her wand away.

“Hm. Yes, well…” Lucius said, strolling into the parlor and staring at the walls of family portraits, hands in his pockets. He looked around the room, pictures of himself staring right back at him.

“Fidgety child.” Lucius commented on a family photo in which clearly a young Draco did not want to be posing for a picture.

“That was the best shot out of them all. The only one where he wasn't crying.” Lucius said, turning his head to the side and recalling the memory.

“Of course, this was long before… Well….” He coughed into his gloved hand. He needn't finish his sentence.

“You should return to the party. Draco was looking for you.” Lucius said to her, not looking at her.

“Yes sir….. Thank you….” Ginny said, moving out of her corner to dart past Lucius and back to the main hall.

A sharp pinch grabbed her shoulder. Lucius had snagged Ginny's shoulder with the mouth of his snake head cane.

“Don't think because of tonight that I like you Miss Weasley.” Lucius said, beginning to lead her out of the parlor with his cane.

“No… No sir.” Ginny said, being pushed along the hallway.

“Good. I'm glad we have an understanding.” Lucius drawled, lifting the cane from her shoulder.

“Ginny! There you are!” Draco said, hurridly striding over to where Lucius and Ginny had emerged from the hallway.

“Where have you been?” Draco asked, looking between Ginny and his father. Lucius ignored the question.

“Where are Goyle and Flint?” Lucius barked at Draco.

“They ran towards the kitchen. Is everything okay Father?” Draco asked his father, eyebrows furrowing.

Lucius' eyes flicked towards Ginny before he turned on his heel and stalked off in the direction of the kitchens.

~*~*~*~

Authors Note- So I pulled more lines from `Pride and Prejudice' but hey, I can't help it. It's a good movie! And sorry this is really late in getting out. I've had A LOT of things going on since this summer As hinted in the first Authors Note, I was busy with making a costume for TwiTour, then came HBP. After that I got caught up with working, moving to a new apartment, and I had my parents and my fiancé's family visit and then next thing you know it was getting busy at work from all the holiday shoppers. Hopefully everyone will put aside all that and enjoy the story. Please review! I will try to get the next chapter up faster. :) Thanks ya'll!

-->

11. Harmonium


The Adventure

By RowlingIdol

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. I don't own the album 'Harmonium'. This chapter contains slight language, teen drinking and sexual references. Review if you wish! They are most appreciated.

Authors Note- Please see note at the end of the chapter! Much thanks for reading! :)

Chapter 11: Harmonium

“What happened? Are you all right? Where were you?” Draco nearly demanded of Ginny. He did so in a hushed tone as to not attract the attention of the other guests in the room.

“I was only looking around…” Ginny started, beginning to feel herself shake slightly.

“Where did you go.” Draco asked sternly.

“Just the parlor in the near hallway.”

Draco gave a small sigh of relief. “Good you didn't find the….. Never mind. And?”

“And Flint and Goyle burst in on me. Flint cornered me. And…”

She need not finish.

“And I'm going to murder that ingrate!!!” Draco hissed, running a hand through his hair.

“Did he touch you?” Draco asked.

“Nearly. But no.” Ginny said.

Draco sighed yet again and started pacing a little. After a moment he stopped and straightened up. A light touch on Ginny's shoulder signaled her why.

“Some tea Ginevra.” Narcissa said, handing her a cup and saucer. Ginny looked in shock at the gesture.

“Thank you.” She whispered. She thought she saw Narcissa smile at her but maybe she was seeing things.

“Draco. Your so called `friends' are never welcome in our home ever again. Your Father is very clear on that. Do you understand?” Narcissa said sharply, but also kind.

“Yes Mother. I completely agree.” Draco said. With a brisk turn on her heels, Narcissa walked away, back towards a group of women, quickly joining in on their conversation.

“I'm so sorry Gin. I didn't know they were coming. How did you get away?”

“I hexed Flint.” Ginny said. “But your Father….”

Draco groaned.

“What did he do?”

“Saved me basically.” Ginny said quickly and quietly and busied herself with taking a sip of the tea Narcissa had brought.

Draco was quiet for a moment.

“All right….” He murmured, running his hand through his hair again.

The sudden sound of music beginning to play from the other side of the room jolted the both of them. The guests around began to converse eagerly and cheerfully as they stood to make their way to the area cleared for dancing.

“Cup, please!” squeaked a House Elf near Ginny's knee.

“Oh. Yes. Here you go.” Ginny said, giving the house elf her half empty tea cup. The elf scurried away, grabbing several other abandoned mugs and cups along its way back to the kitchens.

“I'm just glad you're all right.” Draco said, reaching out to take one of Ginny's hands.

“Do you know this dance?” Draco asked her as he led her across the room.

“Yes.” She replied nodding.

~*~*~*~

Two lines were forming in the hall across from each other. Men on one side, women on the other. Lucius had his jaw clenched tightly as he stood with his wife at the top of the line. Narcissa was beaming next to him. Draco was right, his mother really did love dancing at parties. Ginny wedged herself into a spot near the top of the girls line. Draco `ahemed' loudly at the guest directly across from her so that he could take his spot. The guest gave small frightened look and scooted down, letting Draco cut in line.

The music changed pace and Lucius and Narcissa made their way down the middle of the lines, while guests clapped to the beat.

Narcissa smiled at her guests, swishing her skirt with her free hand. Lucius was staring straight ahead, very stiff in his dancing, if you could even call it that. The next couple then took their turn down the middle, the line moving up slowly. The energy of the room excited Ginny. She slightly bobbed up and down in anticipation for her turn down the line with Draco. When the turn came, Draco smiled at her eagerness. He reached out his hand and intertwined it with hers.

Skipping down the line, the cheers and claps seemed louder than before. Draco was having a hard time keeping up with her, but they made it to the end of the line where he turned and he grabbed her around her waist and slightly lifted her up and spun her around, causing her to laugh. They took their places back in line as the other couples made their way through.

After the couples had all gone through, the dance changed. Draco reached out towards Ginny with both his hands and she reached his. As they met they spun together and stepped back into their lines. Now Ginny was on the opposite side that she had began on. They quickly switched spots with the person to their left. They stepped forward once more, spun again, and after switching sports - this time to their right, they ended where they had begun.

The elves finished their song and the guests clapped. The guests moved from the line and went off in couples to dance.

“Nice touch with the spin.” Ginny said to Draco, brushing hair out of her face.

“Thought you would like that.” He said, reaching out for her. He pulled her in close, their noses almost touching when-

“Draco.” came a curt voice from behind Draco. Draco sighed.

“Yes Father?” Draco asked, turning around.

“A moment please.” Lucius said, motioning with one finger for Draco to follow him.

“Yes Father.” Draco repeated. He quickly looked back at Ginny as he followed his father.

“Draco….” Lucius said in a warning tone.

“Coming Father.” Draco said annoyed.

As the two walked off, Ginny felt a strange sense of déjà vu. This time she wouldn't snoop around the manor. She would sit down and wait for his return. The dance had made her thirsty. She walked around the hall looking for a cup of cocoa. Unless Mr. McLaggen had drank it all.

“Ginny?” came a small voice as Ginny passed an armchair near the Christmas Tree. Ginny stopped and turned.

“Andromeda?”

“I thought that was you.” Andromeda Tonks said, smiling gently at her. “Happy Christmas.”

“Happy Christmas to you to. Where is Teddy?” Ginny asked, looking around.

“Harry is watching him for the evening.”

“Oh yes.” Ginny said, recalling in the moment that Harry was Teddy's godfather. “How have you been?”

“Busy. With Teddy and all… Still in school?”

“Yes ma'am. The others graduated already.”

“Yes yes… Narcissa told me about them allowing students to return.” Andromeda said.

“What are you doing here?” Ginny asked quickly. Andromeda chuckled.

“I could be asking you the same thing.” she replied. Ginny blushed.

“Well, Narcissa has always invited me to her Christmas party, but before I never was able to go. Bellatrix was always there…. And so many other unpleasant sorts…. And I could never bring Ted along…..” Andromeda sighed quietly. She gave Ginny a small smile.

“But this year I decided to attend. I don't think Lucius is very happy about it, but Narcissa was pleased that I came.”

“Believe me. He's not happy I'm here either.” Ginny said, laughing herself. “In fact, I don't think he is ever happy about anything.”

Andromeda smiled wider.

“It certainly seems so.” She said.

“Now what's this I hear from the grapevine about you and my nephew?” Andromeda asked, a twinkle in her eye.

“Oh… That. Well… Um….” Ginny stuttered blushing. “We're um… together.” Ginny squeaked.

It felt like such a secret. Like the best secret there was. Ginny forgot how many people probably didn't know about her and Draco. As much trouble as it was keeping it from family, they had kept it from friends as well. Or tried at least.

“I see.” Andromeda said, smiling. “May I see?” Andromeda nodded to the crest Ginny had pinned to her dress.

“Oh!” Ginny said, looking down at the broach. She un-pinned it and handed it to Andromeda.

“Mmm….. Very nice…. I remember when Narcissa got hers. She paraded it around for months. Of course, hers was different. The symbols on hers are gold.” Andromeda handed the broach back.

“Ah.” Ginny said, re-pinning it.

“Well, I was already starting to think of you and your family as second family. Now you really will be part of it.”

“Oh! We're not engaged!” Ginny said, shaking her head.

“You're not? But--- the crest…”

“It's complicated…” Ginny tried to explain. “It's like a promise….”

“Ah.” Andromeda smiled. “Always the rebellious one, that Draco.” She said shaking her head and smiling. “Speaking of which….”

Draco was coming towards them.

“There you are.” Draco said. He looked to whom Ginny was speaking to.

“Oh! Aunt Dromeda….. You came. Er…. Happy Christmas.” Draco said to her awkwardly, nodding his head.

“Happy Christmas Draco. Where is your mother? It is getting late, I should get back to Teddy. I wish to say goodbye to her.” Andromeda said, standing up from her armchair.

“Last I saw, mother was yelling at a house elf near the kitchens.” Draco said.

“Thank you Draco. Good evening. Ginny.” Andromeda said, nodding to them before striding off.

~*~*~*~

“Is everything all right? You kept being pulled away this evening.” Ginny said, playing with the folds of her dress.

“Yes. Everything is fine.” Draco said looking down. “It looks like I might have a job.” he said. Ginny smiled.

“Really? Where? Is that what Carter spoke to you about?”

“Yeah.”

“So? What's the job?”

“A desk lackey.” Draco grumbled. Ginny frowned.

“Draco. I'm sure that's not what the position is called.”

“Fine. A Gringotts representative. At the small branch in Hogsmeade.”

“Well that sounds nice.” Ginny said. “What would you be doing?”

“If people want to make deposits or withdrawals, they have to talk to a rep before the Goblins take them to their vault. New security measures since…..” Draco coughed, not wanting to continue.

“Oh. Right.” Ginny said.

“So when do you start?”

“Just after the new year. I will need to find a place to stay though.”

“Really? You can't live here and just Apparate to work each day?”

“You could, but its not really recommended. Hogsmeade can't support the volume of Apparition that the Ministry can.”

“Hmm.” Ginny mused. She hadn't really thought about it, but all the shopkeepers seemed to live behind or above their establishments. A few families resided behind the village in small little houses. She was sure Draco could find someplace.

“At least I will still be close to you.” Draco said, kissing her forehead.

“I'd like that.” she replied, leaning into him.

Just then a grandfather clock chimed loudly in the room. Most of the guests didn't seem distracted by the noise but Ginny was.

“That means I have to go.” She said sadly.

“Are you going to turn into a squash if you don't?” Draco asked.

Ginny giggled.

“It was a pumpkin, and at the stroke of midnight.” she corrected with a smile.

“Mum didn't want me out too late. It's Christmas tomorrow, she has a lot planned. Family and friends are coming over.”

“What kind of plans?”

“The usual. Lots of cooking and hand knit sweaters.”

“I see.” Draco said. Mulling things over a bit in his head.

“Well, I guess then I ought to send for your coat.” He said quickly.

He snapped his fingers at instantly a House Elf popped up beside him.

“Yes young master?”

“Go and fetch Ginny's coat, she has to leave.” He ordered.

“Yes yes young master!” The elf squeaked before scurrying away.

“I hope you don't mind I've left your gift at home.” Ginny said quietly, blushing slightly.

“That's okay.” Draco said peering over his shoulder. The House Elf was hurrying back with the coat held high so it wouldn't trail on the floor.

“Here is your coat Miss!” The elf squeaked, holding out the coat to her. As soon as she grabbed the collar of the coat the elf popped away.

“Wait!” Ginny said aloud to nothing.

“What's wrong?” Draco asked, trying to hold back a smile.

“He brought me back the wrong coat. This isn't mine.” Ginny said, holding the coat out in front of her.

“Well. Hope you don't mind I'm giving you your gift right now.” Draco said smiling.

It took a second for it to sink in but a smile broke out over Ginny's face.

“Really?” Ginny asked, more eagerly examining the coat now. “For me?”

“I saw it while out with Mother.” He said. “Do you like it?”

The coat was black and made out of a thick and heavy material. The inside however, had lining that was soft and silky. There was cute fur lining on the cuffs of the sleeves and the rim of the hood. It fit her like a dream when she slid into it as Draco held it for her. It had shiny big brass buttons that kept the coat snugly closed, so no sharp and bitter cold winds could sneak in to make her cold. It was little longer than waist length. She searched the pockets and found her old woolen mittens inside one of them.

“So you like it?” Draco repeated.

“Yes. Thank you very much.” Ginny said, leaning up slightly to kiss him.

“Merry Christmas Ginny.”

“Merry Christmas Draco.”

~*~*~*~

“It's CHRISTMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!” Came a shout outside Ginny's door followed by loud banging on her door.

“It's Christmas, it's Christmas! Get up!” The shouts rang out.

Ginny rolled over grumpy for a moment. She rubbed at her eyes slowly before realizing - yes! It was Christmas!

She hurried out of bed, grabbing her robe to go with her.

“Ron was that REALLY necessary?” Hermione was yawning outside Ginny's door as Ginny had opened it to leave.

“Morning Hermione! Merry Christmas!” Ginny said, tugging her slippers onto her feet in her doorway.

“Morning. Happy Christmas Ginny.” Hermione said, scratching her big head of hair.

“What time is it?” Ginny asked, this time it was her turn to yawn.

“It's CHRISTMAS!” Ron yelled up the stairs at them.

“Get a move on! It's Christmas! Can't you hear the man?” said George from behind them.

The three made their way to the living room that was already filling with family. Ron and Harry sat on the couch closest to the tree and Mr. Weasley was settled in his armchair near the wireless. Mrs. Weasley was handing Percy a cup of cocoa.

“Morning dears! Merry Christmas!” Mrs. Weasley beamed at them.

“Morning mum!” George said, grabbing a mug of cocoa off the tray she held.

“Chocolate this early? This is shaping to be a great Christmas already!” He said, settling in on the couch next to Percy.

Hermione sat on the couch with Ron and Harry. Ginny opted to sit next to her dad.

“Out a bit late last night?” Mr. Weasley winked at her. Ginny blushed slightly.

“I was home on time.” she answered.

“I'm only teasing, deary.” Mr. Weasley said. Ginny smiled.

Over the passing hours, gifts were exchanged all around and more people were showing up. Charlie popped in just in time for pancakes and Mrs. Weasley made a fuss about his latest burn. Luckily his new sweater covered it up nicely (as said by Mrs. Weasley) despite his attempts to tell her he could never wear it to work, it wasn't practical wear for being around dragons.

Bill and Fleur showed up around lunchtime, carrying loads of gifts.

“Hooray more presents!” Ron shouted.

“Ginny go help Fleur, I'm busy!” Mrs. Weasley called to Ginny from the kitchen. A lot of clambering around could be heard in there.

Ginny got up to help Fleur as Harry was helping Bill.

They took the gifts and placed them under the tree as Bill and Fleur talked to Mr. Weasley.

There was an awkward moment when they both straightened from setting down the gifts and their elbows brushed.

“Sorry.” Harry said quickly.

“It's okay.” she said.

“Not for that.” Harry said, which startled her.

“Well, yes, sorry for bumping you. But… Sorry for…. Everything else.” Harry said, fidgeting with his new sweater.

There was another moment of silence before Ginny flung herself onto him in a hug.

“Oh I'm sorry too Harry.” Ginny said, squeezing him tightly.

“We can still be friends though, right Gin?” Harry asked her smiling.

“Of course.” Ginny said, wiping a tear from her face.

“Alright. Cool.” Harry said.

“It's a Christmas miracle!!!!” Ron cried out to their left. Mrs. Weasley burst into tears and ran to give Harry and Ginny hugs.

“I'm so ha-aa-aaa-aaaa-ppppy!” She sobbed.

Harry rolled his eyes and Ginny laughed.

“Molly is that the turkey I smell burning?” Mr. Weasley interrupted his wife's crying.

“Oh goodness!” Mrs. Weasley said, hurrying to the kitchen, everyone else following suit.

Seated down the long table everyone passed around the food of the Christmas feast. The turkey was saved and was being gobbled, no pun intended, by all the boys.

Hermione asked about the party at the manor the night before. While the boys were in a heated conversation about Quidditch, as usual, Ginny told Hermione about Flint and Goyle.

“He didn't!” Hermione hissed.

“Believe me, Draco was beyond mad. And his Father…” Ginny trailed off.

“Well. At least you were able to hex the pig. Ginny, do be careful!” Hermione said, patting her knee.

“Hey Mum! How about some more cocoa?” Ron called from down the table, waving an empty mug above his head, a chocolate moustache covering his upper lip.

“Oh Ron! Manners!” Hermione called towards him. Ron went red and wiped his mouth with his sleeve.

“Ronald not on your new sweater!” Mrs. Weasley scolded him as she got up to set up another tray of cocoa mugs.

After clearing the table, everyone moved back to the living room to open the new gifts Bill and Fleur had brought with them.

Mrs. Weasley bustled around handing out the mugs of fresh cocoa.

Before the first gift was passed out, Mr. Weasley spoke up.

“Is everything alright dear?” Mr. Weasley asked Mrs. Weasley who was standing in the middle of the room with one mug left on her tray.

She sniffed.

“Oh…. Oh yes Arthur… I just…. Forgot we were short one.” Mrs. Weasley said.

The room fell quiet as everyone realized Mrs. Weasley had made one mug of cocoa too many - still accounting for Fred in her hurry to refill the drinks.

“Just leave it be dear. Come sit.” Mr. Weasley said, beckoning Mrs. Weasley towards him.

She set the tray down on a side table and came over and sat on Mr. Weasleys lap, causing him to grunt.

Ron and Harry snickered at Mr. Weasley`s reaction, helping ease some of the tension in the room.

“All right let's pass out gifts.” Bill said, breaking the silence. He handed George the first gift.

“Here you go mate.” Bill told to George, giving him a smile. George, who had been looking sad, smiled back.

Amongst the flurry of the unwrapping of gifts there was a knock at the door.

“Are we expecting company?” Mr. Weasley asked as he went to the door to open it.

Present opening continued in the background.

“Merlin!” George exclaimed.

“You like it?” Fleur responded, thinking George's comment was directed at the hideous silk shirt he had just unwrapped.

“It really IS a Christmas miracle Ron!” George said, pointing to the door.

~*~*~*~

Draco stood in the doorway awkwardly, a wrapped gift in hand.

“Oh hello!” Mr. Weasley said. “We weren't expecting you!”

“Er….. Right. Is….. That a problem?” Draco responded.

“Not at all m'boy! Come in out of the cold!” Mr. Weasley requested.

“Bloody hell I'm still in my jammies!” Ron exclaimed, quickly whipping a blanket over the pajama pants he still wore. Draco smirked.

Ginny stood up and walked up to Draco.

“Merry Christmas.” He whispered to her. All eyes were on them.

“What are you doing here?” Ginny asked.

“It's Christmas.” Draco said.

“Shouldn't you be with your family?”

“Meh.” Draco said, shrugging. “I've opened all my gifts already. There was nothing else to do around the manor anyways.”

“How did you find the place?” Ginny asked.

“It wasn't exactly hard to find….” He trailed off, his eyes glancing around the room. Ron, Harry, and Hermione were all chatting quietly in the corner - obviously about Draco.

“Well… Yeah.” Ginny said, blushing.

“Would you like a seat?” Ginny offered, showing Draco the crowded living room.

“Er.. Um. Alright.” Draco said awkwardly.

The couches did not match and the coffee table was worn and covered in gobs of bows and ribbons and a tray with one mug of cocoa on it. The rug in the room had a stain in the middle and the pillows looked mushy. It was very different from what he was used to. Despite all his Father's comments about the place, most of them being quite accurate, it seemed homey and everyone seemed happy and that they didn't mind the stain on the rug or the mismatched furniture.

“I've got your gift upstairs. I'll be back.” Ginny told Draco. He blanched as she left the room, leaving him there in a sea of red.

“Having a good holiday Drago?” Charlie asked, breaking the silence.

“Draco.” Draco corrected.

“Ah. I should have known that.” Charlie said.

“Right.” Draco said, looking side to side. “Um. Yes, my holiday has been fine……. Thank you.”

Everyone else stared at him except for Fleur who was fussing with the shirt she had gotten George.

“Is that for Ginny?” Hermione asked Draco of the box he held in his lap.

“No. Er. I gave her a gift last night.”

George snorted. Ron went red in the face.

“The new coat?” Draco quickly questioned.

“I wondered whose that was.” Mrs. Weasley said. “That's a lovely gift dear.” Mrs. Weasley told him.

“This is for you.” Draco said, awkwardly handing the box to Mrs. Weasley.

“Oh what a sweetheart you are!” Mrs. Weasley gushed, sliding the bow off the box. Inside was a box of chocolates from Honeydukes.

“How thoughtful! Thank you Draco!” Mr. Weasley said.

At this point Ginny had rumbled back down the stairs with a box of her own.

She handed it to Draco.

“Merry Christmas.” she said. Draco smiled and opened the gift, feeling weird with all the eyes on him.

“A sweater?” Draco asked, lifting it out of the box.

“Oh!!!!” Mrs. Weasley said, slightly tearing up.

“I made this one my own. Well, with some help from Mum.” Ginny said as Draco held up the green knit sweater.

“It's great. Thank you.” Draco said, giving her a smile.

“Let's see if it fits!” Mrs. Weasley said, beaming.

“No - that's quite alright.” Draco said.

“Yeah Draco.” Ron said from across the room. “Try it on!”

“Yeah! Come on!” Harry egged.

Draco looked around quickly.

“Well, since you guys like sweaters so much….” Draco said. He pulled the sweater over his button up shirt he was already wearing, the collar popping out over the collar of the sweater.

“It's perfect!” Mrs. Weasley said. Ginny grinned at Draco and he smiled back.

“Now everyone has a sweater!” Mr. Weasley said. Draco looked around and it was true. Everyone, including Fleur was wearing a Weasley brand sweater.

“You should think about creating your own line of sweaters.” Draco joked. The room was quiet for a moment.

“That.” Mrs. Weasley said, taking a long pause.

“Is a WONDERFUL idea. George, do you think we can incorporate my sweaters into the joke shop?”

“I don't know mum. Probably not unless they unraveled for comic effect.” George said shrugging.

As Mrs. Weasley heckled George about sweaters some more, Draco began to feel strangely happy. It was an amazing feeling to be around so much happiness and family.

Sure, Christmases at the Manor were nice. Fancy elf cooked dinners and fancy decorations and expensive gifts. The last few Christmases hadn't seemed so great compared to past ones, no surprises there, and even despite all that had gone on this year - the Weasley's seemed so happy and it was great to see how they were putting their lives back together after the war.

He was happy he was here. He was glad he had Ginny discreetly snuggled next to him on the couch. The sweater didn't itch at all and he felt strangely modelesque in it. Her brown sweater matched her eyes and went well with his green sweater. He could see himself in several more sweaters celebrating several more Christmases on several mismatched pieces of furniture.

“Draco?” Mrs. Weasley asked, interrupting his thoughts.

“Mmm?” Draco asked, blinking quickly and turning his head towards her.

“Would you like some cocoa?” Mrs. Weasley asked, handing Draco the lone mug of cocoa from the tray. The whole room watching intently.

There was a pause.

“Yes. Thank you.” Draco said, reaching out and taking the mug. Mrs. Weasley beamed.

`Yes.' Draco thought. He could definitely see himself here.

~*~*~*~

It was a few weeks before school was supposed to start up again. It also happened to be Draco's first day of work at the Hogsmeade Gringotts branch. Ginny wanted to see him and ask how it went but Draco wasn't going to have her come all the way out to Hogsmeade on her own, especially after the Flint and Goyle incident. Ginny promised she wouldn't come alone.

Draco had moved into the flat above Zabini's bar. Much to Blaise's delight and much to Lucius and Narcissa's disdain. Ginny hadn't been to see him since he had moved in and she was eager to go. She had set up a Portkey to take her and Luna, the only person who agreed to go with her, to the Hog's Head. Aberforth had sent it via owl earlier in the week.

Once Luna and Ginny arrived in Hogsmeade, Ginny made sure to dispose of the Portkey as soon as possible. She would have to wash her gloves after handling the old feed bag that had served as the Portkey. It smelled strongly of goat.

“Are we almost there?” Luna wanted to know as they walked down the snowy street, pieces of her blonde hair peeking out oddly from under her woolen cap.

“Just around the corner.” Ginny assured her.

“Zabini's?” Luna asked, tilting her head to the side as she stared at the sign above the door on the building they had just stopped in front of.

“Yes.” Ginny said, reaching for the doorknob.

“Ginny! Wait! You mustn't trust gypsies! They're Goblins in disguise! It's one of their many ways of swindling money from innocent witches and wizards!” Luna said, reaching out and grabbing Ginny's wrist to stop her from opening the door.

“Luna, Zabini is not a fortune teller.” Ginny said, taking Luna's hand off her wrist.

“Are you sure? I smell schnozberries.” Luna said, sniffing the air.

“Wonderful. Now are you coming in or not?” Ginny said, grabbing the door handle.

“As long as no one tries to read my fortune.” Luna said.

“No one will read your fortune.” Ginny replied.

“But why not?” Luna asked sadly.

Ginny sighed.

“Just get in.” Ginny said, pulling the door open.

“All right.” Luna said, strolling into the club, taking off her cap and shaking out her hair.

The bar lights were on as usual, but no one was behind the counter.

“Ooooh a jumbo snarfblat!” Luna said, running over to the table with the old phonograph on it.

“Hello?” Ginny called out.

“I'm over here!” Luna said, waving to Ginny from the corner of the room. She turned back to the phonograph.

There were footsteps heard on the stairs and a pair of shoes appeared.

“Hey there doll face.” Blaise said to Ginny, jumping the last step on the staircase. Ginny rolled her eyes.

“Is Draco home?” Ginny asked.

“Not yet but he will be soon.” Blaise said, quickly checked his watch before leaning against the bar counter.

“Can I get you something to drink while you wait?” He asked, motioning to the bottles on the wall behind the bar.

“No thanks. I`ll just-”

A clattering noise interrupted them.

“Ginny I think I broke it!” Luna whined from in the corner. Ginny groaned.

“You brought a guest?“ Blaise said peering to the corner near the door, eyes shining.

“Yes.” Ginny replied wary.

Blaise and Ginny went to inspect the phonograph.

Luna was on her hands and knees trying to find the phonograph handle that had fallen off and rolled under the table, bottom up in the air like a duck bobbing for food.

“Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! ………. Who do we have here?” Blaise said, stepping back and watching the scene.

“Blaise. No. She's my friend.” Ginny told him sternly.

“So what does that make us? Strangers?” Blaise asked her.

“No but-”

“Trust me.” Blaise said, giving her a quick wink. Ginny sighed exasperatedly.

“I found it!” Luna said, wriggling her way backwards out from underneath the table, then standing up. She turned around.

“Oh hello! You're not a gypsy.” She told Blaise, cocking her head slightly the left as she looked at him.

“I will if you want me to.” was his reply. Luna giggled.

“Luna. For the last time, this is a bar, not a fortune teller.” Ginny said, taking the handle from her and setting it on the table.

“Wait. Luna? Loon---”

“Don't you call her that!” Ginny snapped, cutting Blaise off.

“Okay okay! But really? Luna Lovegood?” Blaise asked, giving Luna a quick look-over.

“Yes! And you're Blaise Zabini.” Luna replied. “Do you not remember me?”

“I do.” Blaise said in a hurry. “I just didn't recognize you with shoes.” he said.

Luna looked down.

“Oh yes. Now that I'm not in school, they don't go missing.” Luna said, clicking her heels together quickly.

“I would imagine so.” Blaise said. “Would you like a drink?'

“Yes please.” Luna said, dreamily following Blaise to the bar.

“Don't give her anything funny.” Ginny warned him.

“Relax.” Blaise told her. He came around behind the bar and Ginny and Luna took seats across from him.

“Now what'll it be toots?” Blaise asked Luna winking.

“A virgin Cuba Libre please.” Luna ordered promptly.

Blaise blinked a couple of times.

“A rum and cola without the rum?” Blaise asked confused.

“Ooooh yes! And a lime wedge please!” Luna said, eagerly nodding.

“Would you like a curly straw?” Blaise teased.

“You have those too? Yes please!” Luna said. She turned to Ginny.

“I like this place.” She whispered.

“Oh Merlin…” Ginny grumbled, leaning her chin on her hand.

The bell above the door jingled as Draco stomped in the room, snow falling from his coat and shoes.

“Hi honey how was your first day at work?” Blaise said, wiping off some silverware.

“Harhar.” Draco said, making his way over to the bar, running a hand through his hair, ruffling it back into place after taking off his sweater cap.

“So how was it?” Ginny asked, sliding off her chair to give Draco a hug.

“I had one customer.” He grumbled, squeezing Ginny quickly with his free arm.

“That's great!” Luna cheered. Draco looked up, now realizing it wasn't just his roommate and his girlfriend in the room.

“What the……” Draco said, staring at Luna. He shook his head.

“Nevermind. It wasn't great. The only reason why they came to my desk at all was because all the other reps were busy. No one wanted to come to my desk. They're all scared I'm going to curse them or….. Or steal their money. Or something.”

“They should know you're rich enough to not want their money.” Blaise commented.

“You would think so.” Draco said, taking the drink that Blaise had just handed him. “Mr. Sellis says things ought to improve once I become `familiar' to all the banks patrons.”

“I thought you were plenty `familiar'.” Ginny said.

“True. Familiar by my past. He means familiar as in `Oh that poor Draco Malfoy still works at the bank? I guess he's not going to hex me after all! I guess I can deposit my paycheck through him now'.”

“Come now. I bet its not that bad.” Ginny said, quickly patting his back.

“Mmmrph.” was Draco's reply. He set down his empty glass with a loud `clink' on the bar counter.

“I'm going upstairs to change.” He said.

~*~*~*~

Upon returning downstairs, Draco had to quickly bite his tongue to hold in the comment playing on his lips.

Luna was dancing around the room to music being played from the old phonograph, which Blaise was cranking. Ginny was giggling on one of the nearby sofas as she watched.

“I love this song!” Luna said as she twirled around the room.

Draco cleared his throat as he approached and the music slowly stopped as Blaise stopped cranking. Luna continued to dance to the slowing music, her dancing slowing as well.

“Cheer up mate, work isn't always fun and games. Unless you run a bar that is.” Blaise told Draco as Draco collapsed on the same sofa as Ginny.

“It'll get better.” Ginny said, snuggling up to Draco. He put an arm around her shoulders and pulled her in closer.

Luna was still dancing around the room.

“The girls will be arriving soon.” Blaise said, tearing his eyes away from Luna and checking his watch again.

“Gypsies?” Luna asked, almost tripping over her heels as she stopped in her dancing.

“What is it with you and gypsies?” Blaise asked. Luna opened her mouth widely and began to take a deep breath before starting to explain but Ginny cut her off.

“He means his burlesque dancers.”

“I like to dance!” Luna said, raising her hand.

“Not like they do.” Ginny told her.

“You do.” Blaise shot in Ginny's direction, winking at her. She blushed.

“What are their names?” Luna asked

“Christina, Kimberly, Alicia, and Maya.” Blaise listed off. Luna nodded.

“Definitely Goblins.” She deduced.

“We ought to go then.” Ginny said, standing up from the couch.

“See you first Hogsmeade weekend?” Draco asked.

“Of course!” Ginny said with a big smile.

“Owl me when you get home.” Draco said as he walked her to the door.

He pulled her close and kissed her.

“Aw!!!” Luna commented from behind them. The kiss stopped short and Draco stiffened at the interruption - obviously a bit perturbed.

“Stop it!” Ginny told her, blushing.

“Will I see you sometime?” Blaise said to Luna, trying very hard to keep the hope out of his voice.

“I don't know. I could. Do you like tea?” Luna asked him.

“Yes I like tea.” Blaise replied.

“Alright then.” Luna said.

“By the way.” Blaise said. “The way you move ain't fair you know.”

“Oh Merlin….” Draco groaned as Luna beamed.

“See you in a few weeks.” Ginny said to Draco, giving his hand a squeeze.

As Ginny and Luna were exiting the bar there came a muffled boom from down the street. Shopkeepers started to emerge from their establishments to see what was going on.

“Someone get the Ministry!” Someone called out.

Draco and Blaise hurried out behind the girls and headed towards the town square.

“What's going on?” Blaise asked aloud.

“Look!” Luna said, pointing to the roofs of the nearby building. Smoke was curling out from behind one specific building.

Now several of the townsfolk were milling around the square. There was a lot of commotion going on near one of the side streets.

“Make some room!” A witch called, emerging from the side street, covered in ash. She was helping another witch who was limping.

“Merlin! What happened?” Blaise asked again.

“A sewing machine exploded.” Said one of Blaise's neighbors.

“A sewing machine?” Draco asked confused.

“Yes! Over at Gladrags.” The neighbor said.

“The Ministry is sending someone right away!” Someone was calling out to the ladies that had escaped from Gladrags.

“If the Ministry is getting involved, this must mean this isn't just an accident.” Blaise said.

“What do you mean?” Ginny asked.

Draco's face became very cold and stern as he replied.

“Rebellions.”

~*~*~*~

Authors Note- Okay SO sorry this has taken so long for me to get this chapter out. I had a hard time filling in the Christmas with the Weasley's part. I had everything else written out already for a while. But then I got caught up in getting married (yay!) and going on an AMAZING honeymoon to Orlando, including the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (double yay!) and like I mentioned earlier, a bad case of writers block. Now that this is out I can move on to all the other ideas I've been dying to write, so hopefully that means the next chapter won't be too far off. I'm finding that I have a hard time trying to convey Luna's eccentric-ness. I feel she comes off as ditzy, but believe me, I love Luna and wouldn't want to dumb her down or anything. I was just trying to come up with quirky things for her to do since she seems like the type of person who would call a phonograph a jumbo snarfblat (thanks to The Little Mermaid for that one by the way). Hopefully her character comes out better in later chapters. I have plans. :D For now, read and review!

-->

12. Sex On Fire


The Adventure

By RowlingIdol

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. I don't own the song `Sex On Fire'. This chapter contains slight language, teen drinking and sexual references. Review if you wish! They are most appreciated.

Authors Note- Sorry this has taken a long time to get out. I hope with the release of the Deathly Hallows Part 1 coming up next week that I can get the next couple of chapters out soon. Without any further ado - enjoy!

Chapter 12: Sex On Fire

“All right! All right! Everyone back inside! BACK INSIDE I said!” One of the Ministry wizards yelled at the people standing around the town square.

“Come on.” Draco said, taking Ginny's arm, beginning to pull her back towards the door.

“No! We can take them!” Luna said suddenly, whipping out her wand and taking a step forward.

“Whoa whoa there darling!” Blaise said, grabbing Luna's hand and lowering it. “Let the Ministry do their job, mmmm?”

“But….” Luna said, her face dropping.

“Luna. It's all right.” Ginny said, touching Luna's shoulder. “This isn't like before. Let's go inside like the Ministry wizards said.”

“Okay.” Luna said with a sigh, putting her wand away and following the others back inside the bar.

Two Ministry wizards arrived at the door nearly five minutes later to interview them about what they had witnessed. They however did not dispel any information about what had happened at Gladrags.

“And that's all you saw? Smoke and the women arriving at the town square?”

“Yes.” Draco said for the umpteenth time.

“I see….” The wizard said, giving Draco a skeptical look and scribbling in his notebook.

Over in the corner near the phonograph, Luna was in the middle of her interview.

“And THEN-” Luna said, taking a deep breath before continuing to her interviewee,

“Ginny told Draco `See you in a few weeks'. Then I opened the door and we left. Then I was about to take a left to head back towards Aberforth's - such a nice man, have I mentioned that? Then there was a boom, not very loud, but loud enough to catch ones attention. After that someone yelled `Someone get the Ministry!' and the boys ran out, Blaise first and then Draco. Then we all headed further out into the square and Blaise asked `What's going on?' and then I said `Look!' and pointed in the direction that I saw smoke coming from above the rooftops. After that a lot more people were coming to the square to see what was happening. That's when the ladies came out covered in soot and one was supporting the other one. The lady helping the limping one yelled `Make some room!'. Then Blaise said `Merlin! What happened?' and his neighbor at the bookstore said `A sewing machine exploded'. Did that really happen? Because from what I've learned in Muggle studies that sewing machines don't do that, even magically enhanced sewing machine. Maybe that's why I prefer to sew by hand. Do you like my gloves? I made them myself. After that Draco was like-”

“Enough! I get it!” The interviewer said exasperated.

“But you asked to hear everything that happened.” Luna said frowning and cocking her head slightly to the side.

“Yes. But I didn't need to hear every single little detail of everything that happened leading up to the accident. I just needed to know what you had seen.”

“And that's what I told you. And Draco asked…”

Ginny tuned out the rest of Luna's continued interview with the wizard who was intently scribbling in his notebook.

“No I'm not drunk!” Blaise was telling the wizard who had previously interviewed Draco. “Just because I own a bar doesn't mean I'm always drunk.” Blaise said, crossing his arms grumpily.

“Hmmm.” The interviewer said, giving Blaise an equally skeptic look as he had given Draco.

“I think we've heard enough here.” The wizard who had interviewed Luna said loudly to the other wizard.

“Well then. If you see or hear anything suspicious, please report it to the Ministry immediately.”


“We will.” Ginny said, nodding to the men as they left. She clicked the door locked shut after they had gone.

“Well that was crazy.” Blaise said.

“We ought to get home. I'm sure my parents have heard what's happened by now.” Ginny said.

“I will escort you to the Hog's Head.” Draco said.

“Luna too?” Ginny asked.

Draco looked over at Ginny's odd friend who was staring wide eyed at Blaise.

“Of course.” Draco said with gritted teeth. He wasn't happy with the idea. Luna was…. Well…. Loony. But she was Ginny's friend, and apparently Blaise's new toy. And he wasn't about to leave her to fend for herself after what happened.

“I wish there was Floo network here.” Luna said dreamily. “Then we wouldn't have to travel to the Hog's Head every time we came to visit.”

“There is a fireplace upstairs.” Blaise said. “It's not hooked up though.”

“I like upstairs.” Luna said.

“Come on Luna - we need to get going. I don't want to worry your dad and my parents are probably flipping out.” Ginny said.

“Alright.” Luna said.

~*~*~*~

`Fashion Disaster At Gladrags!

In the early evening of January 3rd in the village of Hogsmeade a sewing machine reportedly combusted at the local Gladrags. It is suspected that the incident was not caused by machine malfunction but rather was the result of malicious tampering on part of an unknown individual or individuals.

Fiona Ceratos, age 27, one of the employees of Gladrags who was working at the time of the incident, accounts her first hand experience exclusively to the Daily Prophet.

“It was a normal day. Business was smooth as usual. No one suspicious came in at all. Ever since what happened at Hogwarts we have taken many precautions, including going so far as holding monthly safety drills. It was getting to be closing time and Jewel was still in the back working on finishing a special order, so I started cleaning up the front of the store. About ten minutes later I noticed the smell of smoke coming from the back room. I ran to the back and the machine Jewel had been working on was speeding out of control! The desk the machine had been sitting on was on fire and Jewel was lying on the floor almost unconscious next to it. So I summoned all my strength and pulled her up and we exited through the back.”

Jewel Willows, age 23, suffered a broken leg and smoked inhalation and has yet to be released from St. Mungo's.

“We at Gladrags encourage other businesses to take part in safety drills!” Fiona continues. “It is good to know what to do in case of emergency.”

The Ministry will now be offering a series of 5 classes on Wizard Self Defense and Emergency Type Situations to be held Tuesdays, at 4pm. For more information on these classes, please contact Amy Druwell, Ministry of Magic, Department of Magical Community Relations'.'

“Do you want to finish reading this volume?” Neville asked Ginny, breaking the silence in the train car.

Ginny shook her head, leaning back in her seat. She had leaned forward to read the cover story of the Daily Prophet while Neville had read interior articles.

“No thanks.”

Neville folded the paper back up and set it beside himself on the seat.

“So? Is it like the article said?” He asked her.

“Pretty much I guess.” Ginny said sighing. “I mean all we knew was that something exploded at Gladrags and it was suspected it wasn't an accident. Draco says its `Rebellions'.”

“Rebellions?” Neville repeated.

“Yes. Rebellions. Witches and Wizards who were Death Eaters that got away or Voldemorts supporters. People that are upset that he has been defeated and who want to bring the Dark Arts back to the Wizarding world.”

“Geez.” Neville said. “There could be that many of them left?”

“It could be as small as just one person. Its possible they can build a support for their cause and something bad can happen again.”

“No wonder the Ministry is looking so heavily into this.” Neville said. “What did your parents say?”

“Mum nearly squeezed the life out of me once I got home from Hogsmeade that night. Dad had been in the middle of trying to send me an owl when I showed up. So because I came home he decided to owl George instead. Worried about the store in Diagon Alley I suppose - wanted to know if anything was going on there.”

“And Harry?”

“He glued himself to the wireless listening for any news. Hermione kept trying to tell him it was nothing but you know Harry. He's not going to get past this last summer very easily.”

“Understood.” Neville said, nodding his head in agreement.

“Any word on Hogwarts?” Ginny asked him.

“Hard to say. The professors didn't owl me or anything. I assume if there have been changes to security measures we will find out once we arrive back at school.”

He leaned over and peered out the window of the train car.

“Which in fact is approaching fast.”

He turned back to Ginny.

“You ready for the rest of the year?” He asked.

“Yes and no.” Ginny replied. “First time all by myself. Last of the Weasley's.”

“For now that is.” Neville said. Ginny gave him a confused look. Neville blushed.

“You know… Kids….” Neville said. “I mean you have a lot of older siblings.”

“Well let's hope we give the professors a much needed break.” Ginny said with a smile as Neville laughed.

~*~*~*~

The first month of classes were dull and boring. It also didn't help that due to the attack at Gladrags, that Hogsmeade trips were cancelled for the time being. Ginny ended up spending a lot of time with Neville, who encouraged her not to sneak to see Draco `for her own safety'. That and he threatened to tell on her.

They exchanged letters often. Mostly they consisted of how work was going and tales of Blaise's antics.

For example, just last week, Luna had invited them to a tea party. While Draco declined the invite, he using having to work as an excuse not to go, Blaise jumped at the opportunity. And after he returned, he spent all the following day setting up the fireplace to the Floo network and singed off his eyebrows in what Draco called `Seamus fashion' in the process.

Now it was Valentine's Day. Amongst all the happy red envelopes Ginny had received that morning was a copy of the Daily Prophet with yet another disturbing headline.

`Fires Burn Again in Hogsmeade!

Last night was another restless night for residents of the village of Hogsmeade.

A goat shed behind well known Hogsmeade Pub, the Hog's Head - owned by Aberforth Dumbledore, the estranged brother of famous Hogwarts Headmaster Albus Dumbledore - caught fire around 3 am, according to reports. Ministry Wizards arrived on the scene quickly to help cease the blaze.

Mr. Dumbledore refused comment for our article. No persons or goats were injured in the fire.

Just 6 weeks after the fire at popular Wizarding clothing store `Gladrags', in which a sewing machine caught fire and subsequently exploded causing injury to both the store and an employee, this incident is causing more cause for concern for witches and wizards everywhere, including the Ministry.

“We originally assumed the accident at Gladrags was isolated, that it was just due to the mis-manufacturing of the sewing machine that it combusted. After last nights fire, we are suspecting both the accidents to be the work of vandals.” said Ministry official David Marsh.

Vandals? Or Dragons?

Joseph Nadder, a neighbor of Dumbledore's, describes his account of night of the fire.

“I woke up from the smell of smoke coming from behind my house. I went outside to investigate. There was an intense smell combined with the smoke. Smelled nothing like I had smelt before. Disgusting smell! Next thing I know, a BIG dark shadow just whips past me! Almost knocked me down! I'm sure it was a Night Fury.”

The Night Fury, like most wizards and witches know, is the rarest and most intelligent species of Dragon. What one could be doing terrorizing the small village of Hogsmeade is anyone's guess.

“All this talk of dragons is nonsense.” Marsh says when we ask him of this theory. “If it was a dragon starting these fires, there would be a lot more evidence.”

If anyone has any information on these fires, please contact the Ministry of Magic Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes.'

Ginny set the paper aside with a sigh. The picture of Mr. Nadder that accompanied the article continued to flash at her as she reached for her goblet of juice. Mr. Nadder was shown with his arms stretched wide, no doubt mimicking the size of the so called `dragon' he saw.

“My sister said that she refuses to go shopping in Hogsmeade anymore. At least not until they know for sure what's going on.” Said one of the girls from down the table, reading her own copy of the latest Daily Prophet.

“Why don't they just get dragon handlers to set a trap for the thing?” Another girl questioned.

“Because its not a dragon, its vandals.” Said another student.

The girls became distracted as a large owl flew in with a bundle of roses. They sighed in disappoint as the roses bypassed their little group and landed in front of Ginny.

A card attached to the roses fell off as Ginny picked up the roses.

`Spring break can't come fast enough.

- D.'

He was right. Spring break could not come fast enough.

~*~*~*~

Seven weeks later Spring Break finally came. She really ought to be staying at home studying for her impending NEWT exam but since not seeing each other since January, Ginny had convinced her parents to let her visit Draco in Hogsmeade the first day, saying she'd stay at Luna's that night (as if that was really going to happen).

Draco had to work that day so she was packing up to head to Hogsmeade early as to surprise him when he got off work.

There had been no accidents since the one in February and pretty much all talk about vandals and dragons had been dropped. Even Draco hadn't mentioned anything about Rebellions.

With a duffle in hand, she made her way down to Hogsmeade, waving to Hagrid as she saw him outside his hut attending to a large Hippogriff.

Upon reaching Zabini's she knocked twice before letting herself in.

“No no no! We are NOT doing that same old boring routine again!” came a shrill voice.

“Ginny! You're early! Is Luna with you?” Blaise asked, looking up from the bar.

“Ginny?” Came a woman's voice.

Ginny looked to her left and saw a group of four girls gathered at a table with papers spread on it. The girls hurried over.

“Oh she's such a darling!” One of the girls cooed as if she was a puppy.

“Are you sure this is the same girl from that night?” asked another.

“Of course she is! Can't you tell?” said a third.

“Ladies! Ladies! Calm down. I'm not paying you for harassing the poor girl.” Blaise said, coming over to the girls.

“Ginny. I'd like you to meet Maya.” He said motioning to the girl with almond eyes and jet black hair - the one that had referred to her as `darling'.

“Alicia.” A girl with chocolate brown hair and tan skin.

“Kimberly.” She had blonde hair cut in a pixie style

“And Christina.” The one who had doubted Ginny. She had curly black hair and dark skin.

“My dancers.” Blaise finished. The girls struck an obviously rehearsed pose.

“Nice to meet you Ginny!” Maya said.

“You're right cuz'.” Christina said to Blaise, nudging him with her elbow. “She could use our help.”

“Oh please please please can we take her with us?” Maya pleaded Blaise.

“Take me where…” Ginny asked wary.

“Bee promised he'd take us to London to go shopping for new outfits!” Kimberly said.

“Uniforms! I said `uniforms'!”

“But what about Ginny, Bee? She needs outfits. Not uniforms.” Alicia spoke up.

“Why do you keep calling him Bee?” Ginny asked.

“Because his initals are `BZ', which is kind of like `buzz'.”

“Which is the sound a bee makes!” Maya interrupted.

“So we call him `Bee' for short. I have at least for the last 20 years. I'm his cousin by the way.” Christina said.

“Ah.” Ginny said. She turned to Blaise.

“I don't need clothes Blaise. I'm fine with what I have.” Ginny said, going slightly pink in the cheeks.

“Take her upstairs Bee. Show her the closet.” Christina said.

“If you promise to get back to work while I take her upstairs, we will go shopping.”

“Yay!” the girls squealed in delight. They hurried back to the table.

“Come with me.”

“I don't like the sound of this.” Ginny told Blaise as he took her by the wrist and took her up the stairs.

“Haven't been up here before.” Ginny said.

“Employees only…. Oh and roommates….. And I guess the roommates lady.” Blaise said.

At the top of the stairs was a velvet rope blocking off a small hallway that had a sign that read `Employees Only'.

With a wave of his wand, the rope dropped down and allowed Ginny and Blaise to enter the hallway where they approached a door. He pointed his wand at the door and there was a series of clicks. He opened the door and stepped aside, letting her walk in ahead of him.

Once opened Ginny set foot into Blaise and Draco's apartment. There was a kitchen and small dining area off to the left, a pile of dishes in the sink. A sitting area to the right with a large wireless to the right, magazines and more dishes stacked on the coffee table. A door was off to the side of the sitting room.

There was a small hallway that led to two more doors. One on the left and one at the very end of the hallway.

“Now you can't tell him I brought you in here.”

“I promise.”

“Swear on your Malfoy crest!” Blaise said, pointing to the broach on her jacket.

Ginny rolled her eyes.

“I promise.” She said, raising a hand.

“Okay.” Blaise said. He flicked his wand at the door at the end of the hall and after another series of clicks Blaise opened the door.

A large four poster bed was off in the left corner, a window above the headboard. There was a desk to the right of the bed with an inkwell and parchment strewn across it. A grand armoire in the far corner of the room near a door. Random pieces of clothes lay on the floor.

“In here.” Blaise said, opening the side door near the armoire.

He stood holding the door while Ginny wandered inside. Her mouth dropped.

It didn't look like a closet. More like a small store.

The walls were lined with racks of clothes. There were double racks of them. Shirts and jackets on the top racks, pants on the bottom racks. There was a big unit in the middle of the room with shoes in cubbies all around. On top was a small rack of ties and other accessories including a few briefcases and an old antique looking jewelry box.

“Wow.” was all Ginny said.

Blaise didn't say anything as Ginny looked around, gingerly touching some of the sleeves of the shirts along the walls. The sweater she had knit him for Christmas was hung gently amongst other sweaters.

“Audemars Piguet watch, Hermes briefcase, Cartier top clips, Silk lined blazers, VVS cuff links…” Ginny murmured as she read off all the labels.

“This is very high end stuff.” Ginny said. “I don't know why you needed to show me this. I know Draco has money…… I don't.”

“But that's where I come in.” Blaise said, leaning on the unit with the shoes.

“Blaise, you can't buy me clothes. That's just weird….” Ginny said.

“Think nothing of it doll. I know what I'm doing here.”

“I like who I am. I don't want to change.” Ginny said, shaking her head.

“We're changing your wardrobe. Not you.”

“But--”

“Look Ginny. You've been with Draco for….. What? 6 months? You guys are serious right?” He stared pointedly at the broach on her jacket.

“Well yes…” Ginny said, also looking down at the broach.

“If you're with a guy like Draco, you need…. Well…. An upgrade.”

Ginny frowned.

“I don't know if I like where you're going with this.”

“Don't doubt yourself. Trust me. You need me.”

“How are you going to upgrade me?” Ginny asked, gently spinning the tie rack.

“Introduce to you some new things.” Blaise said, a glint in his eye. Ginny still gave him a wary look.

“This has nothing to do with Draco. This is all me….. And maybe the girls a little.”

“And why is this so important?” Ginny asked, crossing her arms.

“I've heard some rumors of you on the verge of a new merge.” Blaise said grinning.

“Okay I'm not sure what that means.” Ginny admitted.

“Good.” Blaise said, grinning even more.

“So you believe me?” He asked.

Ginny pressed her lips together and thought about it.

Draco was always dressed to the nines. She dressed nice too, but she had nothing near the quality nor quantity that Draco did. If she had more nice things too, maybe Lucius and Narcissa - well, mostly Lucius, wouldn't see her as just a lousy Weasley anymore.

“Alright. I'll follow. This could be easy.” Ginny said.

“Excellent! Your dynasty ain't complete without a chief like me!”

~*~*~*~

Blaise, Ginny, and the girls got back about an hour before Draco was scheduled to be off work.

“Girls. I want you to fix her up. I've got things to do.” Blaise instructed the dancers.

“Oh this will be fun!” Said Alicia. The girls hurried Ginny into their dressing room, which was off to the side of the stage, beside the area with the private couches.

The girls tugged and pulled at Ginny as they stuffed her into a new dress. It was purple and black and was `a good look' according to the girls. The top was like a corset and the bottom had layers of ruffled fabric. Once she was in the dress the girls started fussing over her with makeup and curling her hair.

“I wonder what Bee is up to. He's having Theodore watch the bar tonight.” One of the girls was saying.

“He has been acting odd lately.” Said another.

“Oh Ginny you look perfect!” Kimberly said. The girls stepped back and admired the work they had done on Ginny.

They turned her in the chair she had been sat in and she was able to see herself in the mirror.

She looked glamorous, almost like a star in the movies Hermione always talked about.

“Draco's going to die when he sees you.” Alicia said.

“We've got to get ready girls.” Christina was saying. She turned and gave Ginny a wink.

“You're on your own.” she said to Ginny.

Ginny smiled at the girls and left the dressing room.

“What do you mean you don't know what he's up to?” Ginny could hear someone saying.

“I don't know. All I know is that he said I'm in charge because he had things to do tonight. He didn't specify.”

Ginny turned the corner and saw Draco talking to Theodore Nott, who was behind the bar.

Ginny cleared her throat and the boys turned and looked. She saw Theodore's jaw drop. Draco looked like he was about to fall over.

“Ginny!” Draco said, nearly tripping over himself as he made his way towards her.

“Hi.” she said shyly.

He nearly ran over and wrapped her in his arms and held her tight. Theodore started whistling, pretending he wasn't paying attention.

“You look….. Wow.” was all Draco said.

“Thank you.” Ginny said, blushing.

“So what's all this?” Draco asked, gesturing to her hair and outfit.

“I….. Got an upgrade.” Ginny said.

“Ugh. Blaise.” Draco said grumpily.

“It's fine. It's fun to have nice things.” Ginny said, playing with the dress.

“We open in five.” Theodore said to Draco from the bar.

“Got it.” Draco said.

“Should we head upstairs?” Draco asked Ginny, turning back to her.

“Sure.”

~*~*~*~

Draco showed her the apartment, sans the `closet' and Blaise's room. The room off to the side of the sitting area was a small bathroom.

When the music started downstairs, Draco pointed his wand at the door and instantly the music was silenced.

“A silencing spell Blaise taught me. Keeps all the sound of the bar out. As well as keeps any sounds from here out there.”

“I was wondering how you could sleep here.” Ginny said.

“Bar closes at 2am. Blaise usually gets to bed around 3 or 4 - depending on how crazy of a night it gets to be. Theodore usually cleans up. Do you know what Blaise is up to tonight?”

“No idea.” Ginny admitted.

They talked for several hours while they were upstairs.

“And so I hope I do well on the NEWTs. Class isn't the same without you.” Ginny was saying.

“I can imagine. I had fun in that class with you.” Draco said.

“We did, didn't we.” Ginny said, giving him a kiss.

“Mmm.” He said.

“Do you know what we haven't had fun with in a while?” He asked.

“Hmmm. I'm going to guess--”

Ginny didn't have time to guess, even though she was pretty sure she knew what he meant. Draco kissed her fiercely and the next thing she knew, they were up and off the couch, scrambling towards Draco's room.

Crashing into Draco's room they stumbled clutching each other to the bed below the window. The moonlight shining in lit the room enough for them to still see.

“You're sure about the silent spell right?” Ginny whispered as she broke away from his kisses.

“No one will hear a thing.” He whispered gruffly. He fell back onto the bed with her in his arms, Ginny squealing at the motion. He then rolled over, hovering over her with a fire in his eyes.

Clothes began to fly. It was anyone's guess as to whom they belonged to or what articles they were.

“Neighbors?” Ginny again whispered.

“Not even the neighbors.” He said, reaching between her legs and wrenching down a stocking.

“The window.” She breathed heavily.

“We're nearly three stories up.” He said, grasping for her shirt.

“People will talk.”

“Let them talk.”

“Alright alright.” She murmured as Draco gently nipped her earlobe.

With a subtle growl he rolled her so she was on top.

Gripping his shoulders, hot as a fever, rattling bones, she cried out - consumed by what was transpiring.

Draco reached up and pulled her head down. Her soft lips were open and ready for his kiss. He loved what he tasted.

Her knuckles growing pale, she cried out more. It felt like forever, but it was just tonight. It felt almost as if she was dying.

In the dark of the alley that the window faced, Ginny could make out the light of the day breaking.

Her hands tightening around his biceps as the ride continued, thighs aching with every movement, the sex was on fire.

She cried out more and more and soon she welcomed Draco's release.

They both stayed still except for the incessant panting that escaped their mouths. The light through the window had brightened.

“Early already?” Ginny murmured, wiping a section of hair away from her hot brow.

“Mmm?” Draco responded, his eyes shut, arm draped across his forehead as he lay back on the bed.

Ginny's panting stopped and her eyes grew wide.

“Fire.” She whispered.

“What was that?” Draco asked.

“Fire. Fire! FIRE! DRACO FIRE!” Ginny yelled as she scrambled off of him and grabbed whatever clothing she spotted on the floor.

“What do you mean?” Draco asked, sitting up. He rubbed his eyes and turned to look out the window behind him.

“FUCKING MERLIN!” Draco shouted as Ginny fled the bedroom and into the hallway.

“Blaise! Blaise! Fire!” Ginny yelled, banging on Blaise's door.

“He probably can't hear you!” Draco called to her, nearly falling over as he scrambled to put on shoes.

Ginny whipped out her wand and was ready to blast open the door when it opened and a sleepy eyed Blaise greeted her.

“What's all the ruckus?” Blaise yawned.

“Blaise! There's a fire!” Ginny yelled at him.

“A fire?” came a dreamy voice from behind Blaise.

“LUNA?” Ginny shrieked.

“Damn.” Blaise said.

“No time for questions. We have GOT to leave!” Ginny said.

“The fuck mate! Something's on fire! We've got to get out of here!” Draco said, running into the hall. “Let's go!”

He grabbed Ginny's hand and nearly dragged her down the stairs.

“Oh fuck!” Blaise said. He turned behind him.

“Come m'lady!” Blaise said to Luna, grabbing her hand.

Draco and Ginny raced outside and they could immediately smell smoke. The back of the bar was lit up with a devilish glow.

“Where's it coming from? Next door?” Ginny asked confused. Draco looked around and soon realized the source of the blaze.

It wasn't just the sex that had been on fire that night. Apparently the bar was too.

~*~*~*~

Authors Note- GAH! I know, I know! Cliffhangers(ish)! There are 3 chapters left as well as the epilogue, which will be uploaded at the exact same time as the final chapter as to not confuse people. I hope everyone liked this chapter and was not offended at all. After all, it is warned to you of sexual references multiple times. Please review! It is much appreciated. Hope you guys are ready for the next last few chapters. :) Stay tuned!

-->

13. Undo It


The Adventure

By RowlingIdol

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. I don't own the song `Undo It'. This chapter contains slight language, teen drinking and sexual references. Review if you wish! They are most appreciated.

Authors Note- Had some trouble writing this. I have the ideas but sometimes it gets hard to actually take them from my mind and onto my computer. Hope you like it!

Chapter 13: Undo It

“OH FUCK!” Draco said, racing to the alley entrance to check out the source of the bar fire.

“Stay there!” he called back to her.

“What's going on?” Ginny asked.

“Get the ministry!” Draco yelled.

Ginny pointed her wand into the air and shot off a large red spark that emitted a loud whistling noise as it burst into the air and then began to sound an alarm.

“Where's Draco?” Blaise asked, running out of the bar and looking around.

“He went into the alley.” Ginny said and pointed in the direction.

“Stay here.” Blaise told Luna. Just as he was about to enter the alley, Draco came out coughing.

“Dumpster… *cough cough* ….. On fire…. *cough*.” Draco told Blaise.

“My bar!” Blaise cried out.

“The heat is too hot.” Draco said, wiping his brow again.

Neighbors had already begun to emerge from their houses, looking disheveled but curious at the same time.

There were several pops as the Ministry Wizards arrived on the scene.

“My bar!” Blaise cried again, pointing at the bar.

“We've got it from here son.” Said a wizard, putting a hand on Blaise's shoulder.

“This way please, this way.” Said another wizard, directing the four to the town square.

“Wands at the ready!” One wizard called out.

Within minutes, but what seemed like for hours, the blaze was quelled and smoke rose up above the chimney tops as actual morning began to break above the nearby mountains.

“Your bar is going to be fine.” a wizard said to Blaise.

“Thank Merlin!” Blaise said. Draco let out a sigh.

“The dumpster was the source of the fire. I take it that it is your establishments dumpster?” The wizard asked Blaise.

“Yes.”

“The disposal of alcohol in the dumpster helped the fire increase faster than it should have. Mostly smoke damage as far as we can tell. Nothing the insurance companies can't help you with. Lucky it's a brick building and that no one was hurt.”

Another wizard came over to the first.

“You will be interviewed now. Can we get you anything?” he asked.

“Tea?” Luna asked.

The wizard nodded and he and the other wizard left.

There was silence between the four as they stood in a huddle. The neighbors were slinking back inside their houses with a yawn.

The second wizard came over with chipped mugs of tea for all of them. He returned to the group of the wizards who had put out the blaze while who seemed like the chief talked to another wizard.

“My bar…..” Blaise repeated sadly.

“It's okay mate. She's okay.” Draco said, patting his friend's shoulder.

“But but but….” Blaise whined.

“Drink your tea. Pinkies up.” Luna said to Blaise, nudging him gently with her elbow. She sipped her tea, pinky up, before she stopped at waved at someone from over Blaise's shoulder.

“I. Do. NOT. Believe this.” said a voice. Draco looked behind Blaise and nearly choked on his tea.

“Harry????” Ginny said shocked.

“Potter?” Blaise said, turning around.

“Yes yes. Hi. I'm Harry Potter, Auror in training, and I am here to interview you about what happened, I am very sorry for your loss.” Harry said, sounding very rehearsed.

“Loss?” Blaise said, looking on the verge of tears. “They told me the bar was going to be okay!”

“I mean, I'm sorry for what happened. Sorry. There are a lot of scenarios.” Harry said.

“Well. It seems we had an….. Um….. Eventful evening.” Harry said. His eyes fell upon the mess of Draco and Ginny's hair and of course, the fact that mostly the clothes Ginny was wearing were obviously not hers.

Draco cleared his throat.

It took Harry a moment to recover and to continue on with his job.

“So this is your establishment?” Harry asked, turning his attention to Blaise.

“Yes. My bar. Zabini's. Same as my last name.” Blaise replied, quite rudely, to Harry.

Harry whipped out a pad of paper and a quill with his wand and began taking notes.

“How long have you owned this bar?”

“Since around July of last year.”

“Have you ever had any other accidents at your establishment?”

“Come off it Potter. We know these aren't accidents.” Draco said.

Harry paused in his writing.

“How do you know that?” Harry asked.

“Isn't it obvious? First Gladrags. Then the Hog's Head. Someone is out there doing this on purpose.”

“You seem to know a lot about these fires.”

“I live here. Its hard not to know a lot about them.”

“You live here?”

“In the apartment upstairs. 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, and a breakfast nook. Very nice.” Blaise interjected.

“When did you move in?”

“Right after Christmas, just a bit before New Years.” Draco said.

“Mmmmhmmm. And the first fire occurred when? January the third?”

“I think so.”

“Right after you moved in?”

“Just what are you getting at Potter?” Draco said, stepping forward.

“I'm just doing my job here. The fires seem to have started after you moved to Hogsmeade. What if YOU'RE the one setting the fires?”

“Why would I set fire to my own space of living?” Draco said. “Tsk! Really Potter.”

“To draw attention away from yourself obviously. I've seen this before. Don't think I forgot the cabinets. I know how sneaky you can be.”

“Harry, it wasn't him. I was with him the evening of the first fire and the fire tonight. It couldn't have been him.” Ginny said to Harry.

“Ginny. I know we got past our problems but you're really not helping right now.” Harry told her, trying not to snap.

“I'm not helping? I'm a witness. We were interviewed after the first fire, all four of us were. I'm sure all our statements are on file somewhere.”

“Actually I'm pretty sure they canned yours dear.” Blaise told Luna.

“That's okay. I have it memorized.” Luna said, taking another sip of her tea.

“That reminds me - Luna, what in Merlin's name are you doing here?” Ginny asked Luna.

“We were having a sleepover!” Luna said.

Draco sniggered. Harry literally slapped a hand to his forehead.

“It's not what it looks like.” Blaise said.

“Mmmhmmm.” Draco said.

“We stayed up making a puzzle and drinking… beer.” Luna said, whispered the word `beer' as if it was a bad thing.

“Sure. If that's what you want to call it.” Harry said, shaking his head.

Blaise glared at Harry.

“Now back to what we were saying. Oh yes - all the fires started after Draco moved to Hogsmeade.”

“I didn't start those fires.” Draco growled.

“Do you know who did?”

“No!”

“Wait you just said `who'. Does that mean all that crap about Dragons and Night Furies is just bullocks?” Blaise pointed out.

Harry was silent.

“I was right! You guys don't believe it's a Dragon at all! You guys have been looking for a person the entire time!” Blaise

“I told you you were right. There is no such thing as a Night Fury.” Luna said to Blaise.

Ginny sighed.

“Of all the things to NOT believe in Luna, is something that probably DOES exist.”

“You don't know that!” Luna said.

“Do so! My brother Charlie, he once went to an island called Berk and - ”

“How are things coming along over here?” Interrupted one of the wizards.

“Sir, this wizard is accusing us of starting our own dumpster on fire.” Blaise tattled.

“But-” Harry started.

“I'll take it from here Potter.” The wizard said, giving Harry a look and dismissing him with a wave of his hand.

Harry gave Draco and Blaise a glare before heading back to the group of the other wizards.

~*~*~*~

`The Hottest club in Hogsmeade. Literally.

Zabini's, an up and coming dance club, was the most recent victim of the fires that have been plaguing Hogsmeade Village since earlier this year.

Neighbors were awakened by a distress signal spell, sent out by one of the clubs patrons. A dumpster behind the brick building had caught on fire. The disposal of alcohol in the dumpster fueled the fire. No one was harmed and the building only suffered minor smoke damage.

This incident only comes 7 weeks after the last fire. Businesses are sure to suffer if this string of vandalism continues. The Ministry has been working in full force to put a cease fire to these fires, even resorting to hiring the help of young interns.

“We want to assure all witches and wizards, be they residents of Hogsmeade or not, that the Ministry is doing what we can to stop this madness.” says the Head of the Ministry of Magic Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes - Patrick Almond.

Blaise Zabini, age 18, the owner of Zabini's, had this to say -

“Whoever started my bar on fire better watch out! No one messes with my bar. Or my friends. Oh- and Harry Potter is a -----.”

We also questioned about Zabini's choice of words when putting blame to `who', instead of `what' started the fire.

“I have a very knowledgeable source that informs me there is no such thing as a Night Fury. If it was a dragon, where are the footprints? Why isn't Dumbledore missing goats? Where's the waste? It's a person I tell you. And Harry Potter is a ----.”

Despite the shots directed at Mr. Potter, Zabini says he will be increasing the security around his business. Other business owners and residents should consider doing the same.

For more information about how to protect yourself and your home or place of business, you can contact the Ministry of Magic Department of Castleland Security. If you have any information on these fires, please contact the Ministry of Magic Department of Accidents and Catastrophes.'

“Blaise look! They censored you! Those wankers.”

“Wow! My bar is `up and coming'! You hear that doll?”

“I like the title!”

“You can't say `prick' or `twat' in the newspaper? Who knew?”

“I assume the reporter was using a Clean Quick Quotes Quill.”

“Still stinks.”

“Either way, this is getting framed.”

Later that day, the four of them sat in the sitting room of the upstairs apartment reading the newest edition of the Prophet. There were cleaning wizards out back, sent by the insurance company to clean the smoke damage from the back of the building. The bricks had been black as night. The worst ones had started to crumble but Blaise was assured the bar would make it. The smell of smoke still hung in the air.

“I don't know about you but I better get back home. Harry has probably let it slip I was here and not at Luna's.” Ginny said, giving a huge yawn afterwards and stretching her arms wide.

“That's right. I was covering for you wasn't I?” Luna said.

“Yeah. But you decided it would be fun to come for a sleepover here instead.” Ginny reminded her.

Blaise coughed slightly and raised a hand.

“It was my idea dear Gin.”

“Oh.” Ginny said, giving Draco a side glance. He was shaking his head in disbelief.

“Well I will get my things.” Luna said.

She headed to Blaise's room, Ginny on her heels.

Luna pushed open the door to Blaise's room.

“Merlin. You weren't kidding.” Draco said from behind them.

There was indeed a fort of pillows and sheets made from Blaise's bed and an unfinished puzzle of what looked like a lighthouse lying on the floor with scattered pieces amongst green bottles. Draco peered over his shoulder at Blaise who was leaning against the hallway wall, arms crossed, face growing red under his dark skin.

“Kidding about what?” Luna said, picking up her jacket and dusting it off.

“Nothing dove.” Blaise said. “See you around?”

“I suppose.” Luna said like she wasn't sure.

“Come on Luna.” Ginny said, heading towards the fireplace.

Draco leaned down for a kiss as he handed Ginny the bag of Floo powder.

“Be careful.” He whispered.

“Mmmm.” Ginny murmured against his lips.

“Don't make me barf. I've had one hell of day. I don't need more mess to clean up.” Blaise said jokingly.

“Shut up.” Draco said, going pink.

“Toodles!” Luna said, waving as she stepped into the green lit fireplace.

~*~*~*~

Ginny and Luna arrived at the Burrow in no time.

“You need to be careful Luna.” Ginny warned.

“Is my skirt on fire?” Luna asked, twirling in a circle looking down.

“No. That's not what I mean.” Ginny said, peering around the living room, checking for any sign of family.

“Then what?”

“I mean with Blaise.”

“What about him?”

“He's…. Well….. He likes girls. A lot.”

“I'm a girl.” Luna said happily.

“Yes dear I know. But he likes a lot of them. He's not the type that likes just one.”

“More the merrier.”

Ginny sighed.

“Not in this case, all right?”

“All right.”

“He probably just wants in your pants. So be careful.”

Luna frowned.

“What could he possibly want with half a pack of Droobles, a paper clip, some lint, and one Knut? *gasp* Unless he wants to hunt for the Kelp Monster from the Black Lagoon….”

“Just…. Be careful. Okay? Promise me.”

“I promise!” Luna said.

“Oh you're back!” Mrs. Weasley said, hurrying down the stairs. She gave Ginny a hug and then Luna.

“Did you check in with Draco?” Mrs. Weasley wanted to know, eyeing Ginny.

“Yes.” Ginny said. “I take it you got the Prophet.”

“Harry brought us a copy.” Mrs. Weasley said, turning towards the kitchen door.

Ginny's stomach twisted at the thought of entering the kitchen. She and Luna followed her mother in.

Ron, Hermione, and of course Harry, were sitting around the table. They didn't seem to notice they had company.

“The radius of the fires doesn't make sense. There is no pattern that may suggest where they might strike next.”

“Oh! My working boys!” Mrs. Weasley squealed, pinching Ron's cheek and then Harry's.

“Muuuuuuuuuuuuum!” Ron whined as he rubbed his cheek.

“Hullo Ginny. Luna.” Harry said, nodding to them both.

“How are Blaise and Draco?” Hermione asked.

“They're fine.” Ginny said.

“That's good. I hope they find who is doing this and soon. Who knows what could happen next. Someone could die this time!”

“Don't say that `Mione! That would make my internship so much worse!” Ron complained.

“Oh hush. Be glad you got accepted.” Hermione said.

“Harry can I speak to you in the living room for a second?” Ginny piqued up.

Ron and Hermione looked at each other, and then at Harry, and then at Ginny. Mrs. Weasley was busy with peeling potatoes and Luna somehow ending up helping.

“Sure.” Harry said, standing up from his seat at the kitchen table.

They exited into the living room.

“So… What's up.” Harry asked her, arms folded.

“How come you didn't tattle?” Ginny wanted to know. Harry sighed.

“I don't know…. I just…. Didn't.” Harry said, shrugging.

“Really? That's it? You had prime opportunity to.”

“Well. I didn't want to get you in trouble. I was trying to be a friend. Again.” He admitted with another shrug of his shoulders.

Ginny gave him a smile.

“Well… Thanks.” Ginny said, blushing.

Harry went a little pink too.

“You're welcome.”

There was a pause and then he cleared his throat loudly.

“I still think you should be careful. There's someone out there. Someone bad.”

“I know.”

“And if you ever need my help, just say so all right?”

“Thanks Harry.” Ginny said. She stepped in and gave him a hug.

“Aw!” came Luna's dreamy voice from the kitchen doorway.

“Hey Luna.” Harry said, giving her a nod.

“Hullo again Harry. And goodbye Harry. I must be getting home.”

“See you later Luna!” Ginny said to her friend. Luna smiled at her as she returned to the fireplace and Flooed home.

~*~*~*~

Five weeks later there was another fire. This time it was an abandoned warehouse on the edge of Hogsmeade. The Ministry officials sent to the scene didn't find any evidence of what caused the fire. The Daily Prophet only ran a small article on the accident. Some townsfolk who were still convinced a Dragon was at large thought the warehouse to be home to it.

About a week later in Muggle London, an interesting scene was taking place.

Two men stood on a street corner, facing a black marble building they had just exited from.

“So this has been the plan all along?” said one to the other.

The other paused for a moment.

“Yes…. Yes I suppose it has.” He said, something funny sounding in his voice.

“She won't be expecting this at all.” The first man said, a devilish grin on his face.

“Knock it off you goon!” The second one hissed, shoving the other with his arm.

“She's going to die!” The first continued, gaining his balance back.

“Keep it down! You don't want anyone to hear you do you?” The second argued.

“Whose going to hear?” the first scoffed.

“Come on.” The second said, checking his surroundings.

“We've got work to do.”

~*~*~*~

Three weeks later, Ginny had graduated from Hogwarts and a celebratory dinner was being held at the Burrow. Her mother had cooked up an enormous meal for the whole family. Percy had stopped by, and even Bill and Fleur came from Shell Cottage to celebrate.

There was a knock on the front door.

“I'll get it!” Ginny called over the noise of her chatting family.

She hurried over and opened the door.

“I'm not too late am I?” Draco said, smiling.

Ginny smiled back and blushed a little.

“No. Luna just arrived a moment ago herself.” She replied.

“Sorry. I got caught up with something.” He admitted quickly.

“That's okay. Mum is just setting the table now.”

Draco followed Ginny through the tiny house to the back where the kitchen was.

“Ah! Draco! Nice to see you!” Mr. Weasley said, quickly clapping him on the shoulder.

“Hello…. Mr. Weasley.” Draco said, sounding unsure of himself.

“Hello Draco!” Luna said, waltzing past with an armful of plates.

“No Ron! The small forks go on the left!” Hermione was harping at Ron.

Draco watched as the others set the table.

Ginny squeezed his hand real quick and went to a cabinet, pulling out glasses.

“Is there something I can help with Mrs. Weasley?” Draco quietly asked, though not as quiet as he would have liked as he could hear Harry and Ron snigger behind his back.

“Oh dear, do call me Molly. You can place these on the table if you would be so kind.” Mrs. Weasley said, handing two hourglass shaped objects to Draco with a smile.

“Right.” Draco said. He walked over and placed the salt and pepper shakers in the middle of the table.

“Lovely job.” Luna commented.

“Thanks.” Draco murmured, going red. He could hear sniggering again.

“Luna, are you aware you are wearing two different pairs of shoes?” Ginny asked, walking past on her way to the stove.

“Oh yes!” Luna said, looking down at her feet. On one foot she had a plain black heel with a large felt flower on the toe, the other was a bright ruby red slipper that sparkled.

“I found them on my doorstep! But Father wanted to run some tests for glitter ants, so I only wore one.” Luna said, pointing out the foot with the red shoe.

“I think those were a gift.” Draco spoke up, smirking slightly.

“From who?” Ginny asked. “Oh wait…..” Ginny then said, retracting her previous question. She gave a side glance to Draco, who then nodded.

“It looks like YOU have a secret admirer Luna.” Ginny said with a grin.

“Really?” Luna squeaked, eyes sparkling as she examined her mismatched shoes.

Draco smiled again.

“Come now everyone! Food is ready!” Mrs. Weasley called, bringing over a large ham on a tray.

The clattering of plates and chattering of people in the room felt comforting to all, except maybe Draco.

“So how is your family?” Mrs. Weasley spoke up to Draco.

“They are fine thank you.” Draco replied. He turned to Ginny.

“That reminds me.” He said. He lowered his silverware and turned to Ginny.

“My Father has a message for you.”

Ginny choked on her ham.

“Bless you!” Luna said from next to her, patting her back. Ginny took a drink of juice from her glass.

“A message?” Ginny managed to get out.

“Yes.” Draco said, eyes flicking towards Mr. and Mrs. Weasley before going back to Ginny.

“I was speaking with my parents earlier… And he wanted me to pass along the message that `the egg had hatched'. He said you would know what he meant.” Draco also declined to add what else his father had said after that, which was `if she's as intelligent as she seems'.

Ginny thought for a moment, and then began to giggle.

“Oh! Pansy had her baby.” Ginny laughed.

“I recall seeing something about that in the Prophet! I believe they named her Avery.” Mr. Weasley jumped in.

“Avery? A girl? I thought that they were having a boy.” Ginny said confused. “Her father-in-law did mention that the Karkaroffs have a history of boys as strong as the Malfoys.”

Draco smirked.

“But what the Karkaroff's probably didn't know is that the Parkinson's have a history of girls probably stronger than their line of boys.”

Ginny looked confused.

“Pansy has four older sisters.” Draco explained. “She is the youngest. The next sister is 8 years older than her.”

“Ah.” Ginny said. She thought of the look of horror on the Karkaroffs faces finding out they had a granddaughter. She giggled to herself.

As dinner was nearing an end, Mrs. Weasley was beginning to clear away plates.

“Everything okay dear? You still have food left.” Mrs. Weasley said to Draco, peering over his shoulder and reaching for his plate.

“Yes Mrs. Weasley. I-”

“Molly.” Mrs. Weasley corrected.

“Molly.” Draco said quietly. “Everything is fine. The food was delicious.”

“Good.” Mrs. Weasley said.

Ron, Harry and George were all chatting about tossing around the Quaffle out back. Bill and Fleur had just left.

“Mr. Weasley. May I have a word?” Draco asked slowly.

Despite the on going conversations in the kitchen, everyone seemed to have heard him. All eyes were on him. He felt very uncomfortable, worse than before.

“No!” Ron said, answering for his father.

“Ronald! You, Harry and George go outside to play your game!” Mrs. Weasley barked, pointing a wet dishcloth at the group.

Ron glared at Draco.

“Come on.” Harry said, giving Draco an equally unpleasant look, tugging on Ron's shirt.

The three turned to leave.

“Out with it George. Give it here.” Mrs. Weasley shouted again, this time holding out an empty hand.

“Aw, but Mum!” George complained, marching over to his mother, reaching into his pocket and turning over an extendable ear. He turned to walk away but Mrs. Weasley cleared her throat and continued to hold out her hand.

George sighed and reached into his back pocket and handed over a second ear and then reached into his left shoe and brought out another one.

“Thank you.” Mrs. Weasley said. She gave George a peck on the cheek.

“Hermione, Luna, and especially YOU Ginevra, please help with the dishes.” Mrs. Weasley ordered.

“Hooray!” Luna exclaimed, hurrying to the sink.

Ginny confusedly watched Draco follow her father out into the living room. Mr. Weasley winked at her as the kitchen door swung shut behind them.

~*~*~*~

Two days later, Draco invited her out to dinner that evening. He had made reservations at a restaurant Ginny had never heard of, in Muggle London too of all places. She had decided to wear one of the dresses that she had purchased on the shopping excursion Blaise had dragged her on only a couple months back.

The invitation had arrived by a horned owl delivering a bouquet of roses. The invite said to meet him in front of the restaurant at 6pm.

She stood on the corner, adjusting the shawl around her shoulders to keep her warm in the chill of the approaching evening. She looked up and down the street looking for him. It was after 6pm. Wasn't like him to be late.

She moved aside for a passing couple on their way through the restaurant doors behind her.

She looked up the street to her left. Nothing.

She looked up the street to her right.

There he was. He smiled at her, hands in his pockets. It was a suit she hadn't seen before. Maybe he had bought it for the occasion.

When he didn't move she realized he must have wanted her to come to him.

She left her spot on the corner and quickly made her way over to him. He cocked his head to the side at her approaching figure.

Her mouth opened to speak a greeting, but the words never got a chance to slip out.

~*~*~*~

Ginny woke up with a splitting headache. Her whole body ached. Her mouth felt funny. She blinked slowly in the dark and moved her arms to feel her face. That's when she realized her arms were bound behind her. She yanked her wrists. Felt like rope.

She furrowed her brow and wiggled her nose. It was a piece of cloth of some sort covering her mouth.

She screamed the best she could, but all that came out was a long muffled sound.

“I think she's awake.” came a distant voice. It sounded familiar to Ginny.

The voice seemed to come from above her. The sound of footsteps on old creaky wood stairs made her head pound harder.

“Ah! You were right.” said a second voice, this one deeper than the first.

Ginny wiggled her mouth, nose and chin frantically, slowly loosening the cloth. With a big breath of dusty air, Ginny choked out.

“Who's there?”

“Well well, smart girl.” Said the first voice.

“What do you want? Who are you?” Ginny cried out, voice wavering.

A wand lit and Ginny squinted at the light.

“Don't you know?” said the voice.

Ginny could see a mans figure looming towards her. As he got closer, Ginny squinted hard in the dusty light to see his face.

A crooked smirk shone in her face. She let out a big breath.

“Merlin's beard Draco! You had me scared! Now let me go!” Ginny said, tugging at her wrists, making the chair she was bound to scoot along the floor.

“Mmmm… I don't think so.” Draco said, tapping a finger to his chin.

Ginny glared.

“Draco.” She said sternly. “This is not funny.”

“Actually it kind of is.” He said, smirking at her further.

“Agreed.” said the second voice.

“I said shut up!” Draco snapped.

“What is this? Some…. Some sort of… Game?” Ginny asked, looking around at her surroundings.

“You could say so….”

“Draco I'm serious. You're scaring me. Let me go.” Ginny pleaded.

“Should we tell her?” asked the second voice.

“No.” Draco answered. His eyes gleamed with malice as he stared at Ginny.

“Give it a minute.” He replied.

“Draco…. Please….” Ginny said, tears beginning to run down her face.

“What are you doing?” She cried.

Draco smirked.

“Please!!! Why??? Why are you doing this???” she sobbed.

“Shut up Weasley!” Draco snapped.

Ginny blubbered in her seat, tugging at her wrists, the chair scooting more and more with every tug.

Her mind was racing. What was the last thing she remembered? Oh yes, it was Draco approaching her on the street as she waited outside the restaurant, like he had told her to. She had smiled at him, he had smiled back. Now that she recalled, he had kind of smirked back. She remember him standing still, letting her come to him. She had almost reached him, she had started to say something. And that's when everything went black.

She thought hard about all the things wrong with what had happened. She should have known there was something in his eyes and it wasn't right. She should have ran but she didn't have the chance, everything got out of hand and she had let it slide. Now she only had herself to blame for falling for his stupid games. She wished her life could be the way it was before she had seen that face. That dark face.

He stole her happy. He was making her cry. Took the lonely and took her for a ride. She wanted to undo it. Undo the whole evening. Maybe even the whole last 9 months.

Tears still streaming down her face, she pleaded again with him.

“Why Draco why???”

The light on the wand went out. There was a strangled sound that made Ginny stop crying. She sniffled quickly, beginning to breath heavily.

The light flicked on again. Draco was no longer in sight. She looked around, trying to see where he went when she felt a looming presence from behind her.

“Hello Red.” purred Marcus Flint into her ear.

~*~*~*~

Authors Note- Eeeep!!!!!!!! Oh no!!!!!!! He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Got this chapter out later than I had wanted, but that's life. The next chapter is the final chapter (sad huh? I know…) and it will be uploaded in partner with the Epilogue, so no need for cliffhangers or waiting. Please review! I like hearing what ya'll think. Please stay tuned! :)

-->

14. The Adventure


The Adventure

By RowlingIdol

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. I don't own the song `The Adventure'. This chapter contains slight language, teen drinking and sexual references. Review if you wish! They are most appreciated.

Authors Note- Here it is! We are nearing the end! EEEE! Hope you like it! :)

Chapter 14: The Adventure

Ginny could feel her heart stop.

“Surprised to see me?” Marcus purred, stepping out from behind the chair.

“Flint!” Ginny spat. “What have you done with Draco?”

She looked around as far as her head could turn.

“Heh heh. Bint hasn't figured it out yet.” said the second voice. A shorter and wider figure came out of the shadows.

“Goyle. Should have known if he was here so were you.” Ginny said shaking her head. She quickly turned her attention back to Marcus.

“What have you done with Draco? Tell me!”

“Bloke is probably still passed out in the alley.”

“But!…… Polyjuice…..” Ginny said.

It had been Marcus all along. Draco wasn't anywhere near her. And from what Marcus said, wherever he was, he was unconscious.

“How smart you are Red.”

“What do you want from me?” Ginny asked, trying to keep her voice from wavering. She wasn't doing a good job by the grin that appeared on Marcus's face.

“I'm just looking for a good time is all, doll!” Marcus said leaning in close to her and running a finger down her cheek. Ginny turned her head in disgust, scrunching up her face.

“And some loot!” Goyle joined in.

Marcus leaned away from Ginny and rolled his eyes.

“Goyle, for Merlin's sake do you have to let her in on ALL of our plans?”

“What `loot'? You know my family is poor.” Ginny said.

“I take back what I said about you being smart.” Marcus said. “Of course you're poor. Poorer than dirt. But if Malfoy is interested in you, and he most certainly is VERY interested considering where he was last month…. And where you were headed to tonight….”

“What do you mean? What he did do last month?”

Marcus opened his mouth to speak but Goyle greedily jumped in again.

“He and Zabini were outside a shop in Muggle London. Talking about some `plans' Draco had. And that YOU, missy, were going to DIE.”

“Would you shut the fuck up already Goyle?!” Marcus shouted, raising his hand to Goyle, who winced and shuffled backwards.

“So Goyle overheard some big plans Malfoy was making. He told me about them and I decided we would hijack those plans for our big finale!”

“Finale? What finale?” Ginny asked.

Marcus ignored her question.

“After all, Zabini did say you were going to die….”

“I thought you wanted your `loot'. How are you going to get `loot' if I'm dead?”

“We're holding you ransom you nit!” Goyle said from behind Marcus.

“If Malfoy is interested in you, it must be for something other than money. That's what I'M interested in.” Marcus said, giving Ginny a look that made Ginny feel dirty and not in a good way.

“And Goyle pointed out that Malfoy would pay a hefty sum of money to keep you out of harms way. So I came up with a plan to get what I wanted.”

“What exactly is that.” Ginny asked.

“Revenge.”

Ginny glared at him for a good minute before it clicked all together.

“YOU.” Ginny spat. She started thrashing in her chair, trying to kick at him, scooting the chair forward in a cloud of dust.

“You've been starting all the fires!”

“EXACTLY!” Marcus cried happily as he avoided her feet.

“Don't you want to know why I keep starting fires?” He asked

“Why?” Ginny grunted, still swinging her feet.

“It's my desire!” Marcus said, throwing his hands up in a flourish.

“Desire to get my perfect revenge. Revenge on Malfoy, Zabini, even Malfoy's father.” Marcus said, beginning to pace back and forth in front of Ginny who had stopped trying to kick.

“But why did you have to burn all those other buildings?” She asked, breathing heavily.

“It had to be done. I wasn't going to start out with the bar. That would have been too obvious.”

“But what about the people that were hurt from those fires that you started?”

“That bitch at Gladrags turned me down for a date!” Goyle said angrily.

“The ransom idea was surprisingly his. So I let him choose the first victim.” Marcus explained. Ginny glared.

“And Dumbledore's?”

“We meant to burn the actual pub, but Goyle tripped while sneaking up to the pub and ending up setting the shed on fire instead.

“The dragon rumors?”

“Have you smelled this guy?” Marcus asked, pointing over his shoulder to Goyle. Goyle sulked.

“On top of that, he fell in a pile of goat shit. The guy from the paper was drunk of his ass and saw Goyle's fat shadow and caught wind of the shit as Goyle passed by him in the alley. That's all.”

“I don't have to ask about Zabini's. That one is obvious.”

“Obviously.” Marcus said.

“The warehouse?”

“Goyle accidentally started the fire while we were planning your kidnapping.”

Ginny realized she must be in the basement of the warehouse.

“We figured if the Ministry was smart enough, they would link Draco's move to Hogsmeade with the fires, and the blame would be placed on him.”

Ginny wasn't going to say that Harry had already made that connection. It would please Marcus too much.

“So how did you know where I was going to be tonight? Was it you that sent the owl with the invite?”

“No. That was all Draco's doing. Goyle has been a loyal spy. He intercepted the owl.”

“The turd bit me!” Goyle commented.

“Once we knew where you were going to be, we headed out early. Git should have been paying more attention. Surprised he wasn't.”

“Bonked him on the head we did!” Goyle gleefully said.

“If you knocked him out, how is he going to get you your `loot'?”

“We sent a ransom note while you were still knocked out. He`ll get it when he wakes up.” Marcus said.

Ginny felt sick. She was surprised she hadn't thrown up yet.

“What are you going to do in the meantime?”

“Well, you're all dressed up aren't you?” Marcus said, grinning evilly. “Why don't we have some FUN.”

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

Everything was white.

White and nothing else.

Draco held his hands up to his head.

His head felt like it had split.

He could feel a large goose egg on the back of his head, covered in his silky white blonde hair.

He squinted his eyes as he tried to see anything around him. Anything. Anything at all.

But he saw nothing. Just a blank, white room.

A blank, white, room.

He wondered where he was.

He was still in his suit he realized as he looked down. He took his hands off his head, his head throbbing even more as he did so.

He smoothed the jacket fabric out of habit.

He strained to hear amongst the deep thudding in his ears of his headache.

He couldn't hear anything.

He was alone.

What the hell had happened?

~*~*~*~

“Why don't we have some FUN.” Marcus suggested.

Ginny took in a sharp breath as Marcus advanced towards her, Goyle evilly chuckling behind him.

Marcus whipped out his wand from his back pocket.

Ginny squeezed her eyes shut.

`Please! Please don't let him hurt me!' she thought incredibly hard.

“Open those pretty little eyes of yours Red. Don't make me hurt you more.” Marcus hissed.

With the sound an intense crash Ginny's eyes flew open.

“What the---” Marcus started, turning around.

A gigantic white bear raced down the stairs of the basement, snarling and growling as it made its way towards Marcus.

“It's a bear! Run!!!!” Goyle shouted.

It wasn't just a bear. It was a Patronus.

“Expelliarmus!” came a deep shout.

Marcus's wand flew out of his hand.

“You take him! I'll handle Goyle!” came another shout.

“Ginny!” came another voice.

“Hermione!” Ginny cried out as the bushy haired girl came into view.

“Ginny! Oh Merlin! Are you all right?” Hermione asked breathlessly as she whipped out her wand to sever the ropes that held Ginny to the chair.

“Draco! Where's Draco? They hurt Draco!” Ginny sobbed.

“No time to explain. Let's get you out of here!” Hermione said, putting her arms around her shoulders and whisking her past the duel that was going on. Ginny didn't even know who her rescuers were. All that she knew was that she was safe.

But what about Draco…..

~*~*~*~

Draco was getting increasingly annoyed at this white room he was stuck in.

It felt like he had been there an eternity. There was nothing to do but sit, stand, and pace.

He had walked to try to find an end to the room but it kept going. He tried to walk back to where he had begun, but he wouldn't have known where it was had he once been.

He had screamed a couple of times. He tried to sleep, but sleep never came.

He often pondered about why he hadn't begun starving to death. Or why he didn't have to use the loo. At least his head didn't hurt so much anymore.

Maybe he was dead.

This wasn't exactly his idea of heaven. Not that he was going to end up there anyways he had figured.

If this was hell, this concept was nothing compared to the stories back in the real world.

If this wasn't hell, he was terrified to find out what it was, because for him, this blank white room was torture enough.

He was convinced he was going crazy in here. He had thought he had heard his name a couple of times, but it was merely a whisper when he thought he heard it.

He missed Ginny. He missed his family. He missed his friends.

This boring blank white room sure sucked.

“Draco.”

There it was again! This time it was louder. It made him lift his head from his position on the floor, where he had been sitting with his head between his legs.

He knew he had heard his name for sure this time.

It had been louder.

It had…. No…. It couldn't have…. It couldn't be….

It had sounded like Ginny.

He gripped his hair with his hands, making his head throb more.

His body shuddered as he thought with all his might about Ginny. About the woman he loved. About everything he wanted with her.

His eyes hurt.

He saw black.

He saw mismatched shapes as his palms pressed dangerously against his eyelids.

He saw white.

He saw light.

He saw her.

~*~*~*~

“Get the doctor quick!!!” Ginny shouted.

There was a scramble of noise and movement to Draco's right.

“Ginny?” Draco whispered, eyes squinting.

“Yes, it's me!” Ginny said, beginning to cry.

She pawed at his hand. He stretched his fingers under the hold she had on him.

“Where am I?” He croaked, his voice dry.

“Oh Bloody hell. I haven't left.” He muttered, still seeing that he was in a blank room of white.

Except this room had a door. And he apparently was in a bed.

A man in a white robe entered the room.

“Good morning Mr. Malfoy. How are you feeling?” the man asked.

“Sore.” Draco said, trying to turn his head.

“Ah ah!” The man warned as Draco winced at the movement.

“Lie still Mr. Malfoy. You need to take things easy. You've been unconscious for a while.”

This man must be a doctor Draco presumed.

“What's a while?” He asked.

“A… a little over a week.” The doctor admitted.

“What happened?” He demanded, his eyes opening more and more with each passing minute.

“We'll get to that later Mr. Malfoy. I will get a nurse the nurses to bring you some water.”

The doctor left the room and as soon as he had gone the room filled with Blaise and Luna.

“You're awake mate! Finally! Rent was due on the first but I'll let this slide. Considering you've been out of it and all….” Blaise said with a smile.

“I'm so happy!” Luna said, bursting into tears. She ran around and joined in with Ginny's tears of joy.

“Will anyone tell me what's going on?” Draco asked as he moved to sit up in the bed.

“Ooooh.” He said, raising a hand to his head. His head still hurt, and apparently there was a large muslin bandage around it.

`That must not be good for my hair' he thought.

“Marcus and Goyle intercepted you on your way to dinner.” Blaise started.

“They knocked you out and dragged you into an alley.” Ginny added.

“While you were out, they took some of your hair-- ”

Draco gasped.

“-- And used Polyjuice potion so that Marcus could turn into you to trick Ginny.”

“Where's that rat bastard I am going to gut him like the son of --” Draco said, starting to get up out of his bed.

“Don't! It's okay! I'm okay!” Ginny said, putting her hands on his shoulders to push him back down onto the bed.

“He's in Azkaban now. Same with Goyle. Doesn't seem like they will be getting out anytime soon. The Ministry isn't taking any post-war crimes lightly. With all the fires they caused, the damages, the people they hurt, they've got a lot of counts against them.” Blaise said.

Draco thought a moment.

“So those fires were started by them?”

“Yes. They knocked me out too and took me to the abandoned warehouse where the last fire had been.”

“Were you unconscious for over a week?” Draco asked.

“Well, no…” Ginny said. Draco nearly pouted.

“They had her tied to a chair. Merlin knows what they were going to do with her. Musical chairs is very hard when you're tied down.” Luna said.

There was silence in the room. Blaise cleared his throat.

“Yes. Yes it is.” He said, patting her shoulder.

“So what happened? You're okay?” Draco asked, squeezing Ginny's hand.

She nodded and smiled at him as she wiped away tears with her free hand.

“I had been teaching Blaise how to produce a Patronus while we were waiting for you two to get back to the flat.” Luna said.

“Why were you waiting for us?” Draco asked.

“They won't tell me either.” Ginny whispered to Draco. His heart plummeted as he realized why.

“It got really late.” Blaise said hurriedly, skirting the secretive details at the look on Draco's face. “And you hadn't shown up so we decided to head to the restaurant to find you guys. And they told us that you never made it to your reservation.”

“So Blaise and I used our Patronuses to find you guys!” Luna said.

“I'm a bear.” Blaise said proudly.

“Super.” Draco said through gritted teeth.

“As soon as we found your body lying in the alley, Luna waited with you until the Ministry arrived while I went to find Ginny.”

“How did you manage that.” Draco asked.

Blaise and Ginny exchanged a glance.

“I had some help.” Blaise said bluntly.

“Potter.” Draco growled.

“Now Draco. He helped save me.” Ginny said, trying to calm him down.

“Great. That's twice he's done that now.” Draco said.

They were quiet as a nurse came in and brought Draco a large glass of ice water and some red gelatin. They resumed talking once she left.

“I needed help finding where she was. And I didn't know at the time who was behind this so I needed backup.” Blaise explained.

Draco attacked his gelatin with a flimsy utensil.

“How did you figure out where she was.” He wanted to know, shoving gelatin in his mouth.

“Harry had still been working on the fire case with his Auror training. The warehouse was the only obvious location where she might be. He had a feeling the fires and the attack were related.”

“He was right.” Ginny said.

“So he and Hermione came back to Hogsmeade with Blaise and they took down Flint and Goyle.”

“Why Granger not your brother?”

“We needed them alive for the Ministry. Let me just put it that way.” Blaise said.

“Where are my parents?” Draco wanted to know.

“They're on their way. The nurses owled them when you woke up.” Luna said.

~*~*~*~

As if on cue, Narcissa came rushing through the door, followed closely by Lucius, who tried to act as if he hadn't been hurrying as well.

“My boy!” Narcissa cried, running over to see Draco. She pet his hair which made him grimace.

“Oh thank Merlin.” She said, kissing his forehead. Blaise grinned. Luna said `awww'.

“You're looking well.” Lucius said stiffly. Despite the blank look on his face Ginny could tell by his eyes that he was relieved to see Draco had awoken.

“Same to you.” Draco replied. A smile tugged at the corner of Lucius' mouth.

“Have they filled you in with what happened?” Lucius asked, eyes flicking towards Ginny for a second.

“Yes. I think I've got everything for the most part. I still don't quite understand what they wanted with Ginny…”

“Ah yes. Miss Ginevra.” Lucius said.

“Your interest in her piqued the interest of Mr. Flint and he hoped to use your name to his advantage.” Lucius said.

“That filthy boy sent a RANSOM note! Of all things! A RANSON note!” Narcissa huffed.

“Why did they send it to you?” Draco asked.

“We're assuming it was Goyle who sent the owl. The owl was meant to go flat we think, but it went to the manor instead.” Blaise interjected.

“Imagine our surprise when we got the letter!” Narcissa continued. “So we went to the flat to find you, and we found it empty. And that's when we were alerted by the Ministry that you were at St. Mungo's.”

Draco sighed.

“What a mess.” He mumbled.

“Your father took to it personally that those boys were sent to Azkaban.” Narcissa told Draco quietly. Draco looked at his father who looked away. Perhaps he was a bit pink in the cheeks? Draco must be seeing things.

“they will not be harming our family ever again.” Lucius said sternly.

“Oh Draco!” Narcissa gushed. “I do hope you get better! I had to cancel your birthday party and I'm eager to send out new invitations.”

Draco thought again about what day it had been when he had been attacked. If it was indeed over a week later, he had missed his birthday.

“Oh great. That's three years of shitty birthdays in a row.” Draco said.

“Draco! Language!” Narcissa said.

“Sorry Mother.” Draco said.

“We still had a little celebration!” Luna spoke up. She handed Draco a picture.

Obviously Ginny had taken the photo since she wasn't in it. It was of Draco, unconscious, with a pointy birthday party hat atop his bandaged head, with Luna on one side and Blaise on the other, both with party hats matching his on their own heads, grinning from ear to ear. Blaise in the picture even blows a party horn.

“Oh Bloody hell. Sorry Mother.” Draco said, setting the picture aside.

“I think it was a sweet gesture.” Narcissa said.

“I've got to go speak with the doctor on when you can be released from the hospital. Please excuse us.” Narcissa said as she went to leave the room with Lucius.

“If you're okay mate, we've got to get back to the bar. Its almost opening time.” Blaise said, looking at his watch.

Draco nodded.

Blaise gave him a wink. Luna grinned and waved at him as they left.

~*~*~*~

“I'm so glad you're all right.” Ginny whispered to Draco.

“I'm so glad YOU'RE all right.” Draco said.

“I was really scared for you. Nine days is a long time.”

“You have no idea.” Draco said, shifting uncomfortably in his hospital bed.

“After all the trouble Flint has given us, I'm glad we won't be seeing him again.”

“As my father has, I will do the same, to make sure he doesn't get out.” Draco promised. He squeezed her hand and she returned the gesture.

“Do you know where my belongings are?” Draco inquired.

“Oh!” Ginny said, looking around the room.

“The doctor put your clothes around here somewhere. I can imagine that those pajamas aren't all that comfortable.” Ginny said to him as she got up and poked around in the small dresser in the corner of the room.

“Ah here they are.” Ginny asked, lifting out a pair of folded clothes.

She brought them over to him,

“They're a bit dirty. I assume you want your mother to take them back to be washed?”

“Something like that.” Draco said, fingering the jacket.

“Draco…. About that night….” Ginny said, fiddling with the hospital sheet.

“Yes?” Draco asked, looking over at her.

“Well. It's too bad the night got ruined.' She said, smiling slightly and giving a breathy chuckle.

“Yes…. Yes its too bad. I will have to work twice as hard on planning the next outing. You have no idea how much my head hurts right now.” He said as he unfolded the jacket in his lap.

Ginny giggled.

“I was meaning to give this to you the other night.” Draco said quietly, reaching into the inside of his jacket.

“Not the way I planned to do this at all… But…. I guess that just symbolizes our relationship.” Draco said.

“Hold out your hand.” He told her.

Ginny slowly held out her hand, palm facing up, ready for him to drop what he was holding into her hand.

He however took her hand, gently turned it over, and focused on a certain finger.

“Would you do the great honor….. Of marrying me?” Draco asked.

As he drew his hand away, Ginny gasped at the sight of the ring he had placed on her finger.

“I cannot live…. I cannot breathe…. Unless you do this with me.” He murmured to her in the silence of the room.

“ I will.” Ginny shakily whispered.

She brought her hands up to Draco's face and pulled him in close for a kiss.

“Here we go. Life's waiting to begin.” He told her as they broke apart.

“A new life.” Ginny added, giggling nervously.

“An adventure.” He concluded, kissing her again.

~*~*~*~

Authors Note- Please stay tuned for the Epilogue! It was posted at the same time as this chapter. Don't miss it! Reviews are definitely welcome! Thank you all!

-->

15. Kings and Queens


The Adventure

By RowlingIdol

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. I don't own the song `Kings and Queens'. This chapter contains slight language, teen drinking and sexual references. Review if you wish! They are most appreciated.

Epilogue: Kings and Queens

Almost Three Years Later……

~*~*~*~

“What a day!” Ginny exclaimed as she reached for a glass of water from a nearby table.

“It's a wedding. What do you expect?” said Draco, sipping from his own drink of water.

“There's just so many people here. It's intimidating. I don't even know half of them!”

“You can thank Mother for that.” Draco said, setting down his glass of water.

A little girl ran past shrieking gleefully, her mother hot on her tail.

“That reminds me, how did Victoire like her birthday gift?” Draco asked.

“Draco.” Ginny said sternly, hands on her hips. “You got her a broom.”

“And?”

“She's one!”

“I got my first broom when I was one.”

“Your parents are different though.”

“At least they didn't complain about the wedding being the same day as her birthday.”

“And not to mention the anniversary.” Ginny said.

“Yes… that too…. I can't believe I let you talk me into choosing this date.”

“You did it because you love me.” Ginny said seductively, stepping closer to Draco, wrapping her arms around him.

“Mmmm… That I do.” Draco said, leaning down to kiss her.

“Oy! Get a room!” Ron shouted towards them.

“Ronald! Do not tease your sister and her groom on her wedding day!” shrieked Molly from right behind him.

“Yes Mum.” Ron replied.

Draco rolled his eyes.

“So what's the order of business Mrs. Malfoy?” Draco asked Ginny.

“Well, Mr. Malfoy, I believe dancing is next. And then we have the cake cutting. Honestly Draco, did we have to have a seven layer wedding cake?”

“Well, no. But Mother--”

“Yes, yes, I know. Mother insisted.” Ginny said rolling her eyes.

Draco smiled at this.

“Can we have cake now?” He asked.

“No.”

“We haven't been married even ten minutes and already you're telling me what I can and can't do?”

“Yes. And be prepared for a lifetime of it.” Ginny told him, poking him in the chest.

“Merlin what did I get myself into.”

~*~*~*~

Fin

~*~*~*~

Authors Note- I know this is short, but I wanted to end things simple. Especially because….. THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL! Yes folks, the fun is NOT over! So please keep an eye out for the upcoming sequel. I hope to get it out shortly. By shortly I mean sometime before summer. Hopefully April or May. We will see how things go. For now, please leave a review if you wish! It has been great hearing from everyone and I have you all enjoyed `The Adventure'!.

~RowlingIdol

-->