Finally Listening to Your Heart

princess.harmony

Rating: PG13
Genres: Drama, Romance
Relationships: Harry & Hermione
Book: Harry & Hermione, Books 1 - 7
Published: 13/02/2012
Last Updated: 13/03/2012
Status: Completed

Hermione finally realizes she is in love with Harry. But when she comes back to tell Harry how she feels she finds out he is engaged to Ginny. Does Harry feel the same way? What would happen during the wedding? Will Hermmione confess?

1. Finally Listening to Your Heart

Finally Listening to Your Heart

Part 1

NOTE: I don’t own ANYTHING. I don’t own Harry Potter; I just used JK Rowling’s brilliant idea with a twist of what should have happened since the very beginning.

UPDATE: I had to delete the original version; I decided to change the point of view of this story nothing really change according to the plot I originally plan/wrote, but a few grammar and changing the point of view. I know it’s going too fast, but it’s actually supposed to be only two parts, but because I’m adding Harry’s point of view, it’s only four. Thanks for the reviews! I really do appreciate it, you encourage me to continue(: P.S. I’m working on Part 2 Harry’s point of view and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

“I can’t do this anymore Ron… I just can’t.” I said to Ron as I packed my last pair of clothes into a suitcase.

“Okay, Hermione I understand, but you don’t have to leave.” Ron replied.

“I just need some time alone, I think you do too. Ron we’re best friends it’s going to be awkward, but we need time to move on. I love you, I really do, but as a brother. I don’t regret anything. Plus, my parents want me to go to a muggle college.” I said as I sat down at the foot of the bed.

Ron kissed me on my cheek and whispered good-bye.

I just sat there remembering the day of the war, where Ron and I kissed. It was very soon after we made it official. Truly, it was great at first, but then the fighting all the time and never agreeing to anything finally moved in. Finally knowing it was time to go, I took a deep breath then headed out the door of the Burrow. I said good-bye to everyone except Harry. Harry was probably flying by himself I thought. I would wait, but I’m going to miss my train as I checked my watch.

<3

As I tried to find my train I saw a tall, skinny boy with black messy hair wondering around. First, I thought, it was impossible until I got a glance those beautiful green eyes. So I decided to sneak up behind him and act like a little girl, “Excuse me sir, do you know where platform 9 ¾ is?”

The tall, skinny boy turns around and says, “Its right over th- Hermione!”

I gave him a hug. “Harry what are you doing here?” I asked while automatically flashing a gentle smile.

“I should be asking the same question, what are you doing here without saying good-bye to me?” he said in reply.

“Oh, Harry you were gone while I was saying my farewells, and well you know that I’m not so good with good-byes. Especially, since I won’t be coming back in a while.” I replied while looking at the floor.

Harry stopped asking questions and just took my bags. He helped me carry them to my train. As I was about to enter the train, Harry took one of my soft, gentle, small hands.

“Hermione, don’t go please.” Harry said.

I was in total shock and was lost for words as I looked at those beautiful, big, shiny green eyes in complete silence. My vision became blurry, soon I realized that my eyes began to water.

“Hermione, we could go to the Forest of Dean, stay there and grow old. Anywhere just don’t leave me ‘Mione. I’m begging you.” Harry begged.

I didn’t know what to say or do. “Oh, Harry I can’t. I need to go…”, I said it was all that I could think of.

Harry’s hand slipped away from mines as I walked to my seat. While sitting down I caught a glance at Harry. He was just standing there with a tear or two rolling down his gentle, soft face. I wanted to stay and hug him, wipe those tears, but all I did is just sat there watching him till he was out of sight.

<3

Four Years Later…

I was so excited to go back to wizard world, I missed everyone. I planned to surprise them when I arrive. During the train ride, I stared out the window then closed my eyes and reflected of how much I had accomplished. I decided majored in teaching and got my PhD in only four years. I managed to do this by taking summer courses to keep me busy. On my last year of college the library was full during finals. Since I already took all my finals a week earlier, I decided to take a walk in the park. When I arrived there I sat at the bench facing the pond. The view reminded me of the lake where I would find Harry deep in thought. ‘Oh Harry’ I thought. Bam it hit me like a ton of bricks, I realized why I never gave it a second thought when choosing to go with Harry compared to Ron. It’s was because I needed him, I’m in love with Harry. After all this time, I had been listening to head, who telling I it was Ron. I finally heard my heart screaming it was always been Harry after all this time.

As I closed my eyes and smiling, she whispered, “Great Merlin, I’m in love with Harry Potter.”

<3

I finally arrived at the Burrow, nervous as ever. Honestly I didn’t care about saying ‘Hi’ to everyone, I was nervous to see Harry. I was devoted to tell Harry how I felt about him hoping he will feel the same way too. I took a deep breath before finally ringing the doorbell.

Mrs. Weasley answered the door, with a surprised looked on her face, “Hermione- what a surprise to see you here!” she said while giving me a big hug.

I entered the house heading to my old room to put my stuff away. I was shocked to see Luna and Ron snogging in my bedroom.

“Oh hi, Hermione!” Luna greeted as if nothing happened.

“Uhhh, Hi?” Ron said all embarrassed.

“ Hi you too.”, I replied.

I was happy to see Ron had moved on and found someone new, but angry at the same time that they were snogging in my room. Since it was my first day back I didn’t want to start a fight, so I decided to let it go, for now. Luna and Ron left the room and decided to go to the Living room hand in hand, I soon too followed after them. Soon after this beautiful, firing red hair woman rushed down to give me a gigantic hug.

“Ginny!”, I greeted.

“Hermione, you just have the perfect timing do you?”, Ginny replied.

“What do you mean?”, I asked.

Ginny pulled out her left hand, I was shocked to see a diamond ring on her left finger.

“Who’s the lucky guy?”, I asked.

Just as Ginny was about to answer Harry entered the room. ‘Damn he looks hot!’ I thought as flashed him an innocent grin. He was not the tall, skinny boy she remembered when she left. He grew taller, more muscular, he was a man. I bet there is abs under that shirt, damn! He had a body to die for! Those eyes don’t get me started. Ginny kissed Harry while Harry and I never broke eye-contact. My heart was fell straight to the floor. My hope of us being together was long gone. I tried to hold back the tears.

“Does that answer your question? Oh yeah you’re coming to my bachelorette party tonight. Harry and I want you to be our maid of honor.” Ginny demanded as she pulled Harry by the waist.

“I’ll be honored to.” I lied.

2. What Would I Do Without You?

What Would I do Without You?

Part 2

DISCLAIMER: I wished I own Harry Potter, but sadly I don’t. JK Rowling is the most amazing! I just added my style to this story.

NOTES: This was originally a two part story, but then I decided to add Hermione’s and Harry’s point of view so you would understand where I’m going with this story. If you hadn’t read part one, you should check that out. THANK YOU for the reviews, you really inspire me since I’m new at this. I hate it when authors spend months before adding a chapter and leaving the reader hanging, so I try to update as soon as possible. Enjoy(:

I had been by myself lately, just flying around especially after the war. It killed me, seeing all those people die for me. But there is one person that would consider myself completely guilty if anything happened to her. That “person” is Hermione. She stole my heart when Ron left us to find horcruxes. I have always been madly in love with her, it was only till then I realized she had always been there for me. She still standing my by side though risking her life for me and choosing me over the boy she loved. She is leaving today to go to college. Something has been on my mind lately, I don’t know if I should tell her how I feel, but making her stay, or keeping it to myself and watching her leave. It’s been Hermione’s dream to go to college and I don’t want to be in the way of her dreams, but I don’t know what I would do without her. I guess I’m just going to suck it up like a man and let her go.

As I checked my watch I said to myself, “Crap! She is leaving soon”.

I apparated to the train station.

<3<3

When I arrived I began looking for her. Then I was interrupted by someone‒sounded like a little girl asking, “Excuse me sir, do you know where Platform 9 ¾ is?”

I turned around and answered “It’s right over th‒ Hermione!”

I was shock to see her. Her medium length bushy hair is so pretty. Those breath taking brown eyes, take my breath away every time I see her. Her to die for smile, that I can’t get enough. The girl who I have always loved is standing right in front of me. She gave me an unexpected hug.

“Harry what are you doing here?” she asked.

I got a glimpse of her gorgeous smile then I replied, “I should be asking the same question, what are you doing here without saying good-bye to me?”

“Oh, Harry you were gone while I was saying my farewells, and you know that I’m not so good with good-byes. Especially, since I won’t be coming back in a while.” She replied while putting her head down.

I sort of knew the reason why, and then I stopped asking questions. I just took her bags and help carry them to her train. As she was about to enter the train, I took a hold of one of her soft, gentle, small hands.

“Hermione, don’t go please.” I finally let out.

I could tell she was in total shock. Her stunning watery brown eyes met mines.

In my mind I was yelling, ‘What the hell are you thinking’, but my mouth kept going.

“Hermione, we could go to the Forest of Dean, stay there and grow old. Anywhere just don’t leave me ‘Mione. I’m begging you.” I begged.

“Oh, Harry I can’t. I need to go…” she replied.

Hermione’s hand slipped away from mines as she walked to her seat. I just stood with tears rolling down my face. I told myself, I wasn’t going to tell her, but it was like I had no control–my heart was speaking for itself. As her train left, it hit me I don’t know what I would do without her.

<3<3

During those four years…

It was hard, without Hermione, I spent most of my time alone. I kept doing things trying to keep her out of my mind, but the things I do kept reminding me of her. After work, I would play quidditch with my co-workers; it reminded me of when she would watch me practice and play every time. I couldn’t sleep for months; she was all I would think about. Every night when I couldn’t sleep, I would write her of how much I missed her and how much I love her. I didn’t send it to her because there would be no way of her to receive it, plus I wanted to keep it to myself. I kept every letter in a shoe box under my bed.

As time move on, I became lonely, vulnerable, and longed for Hermione. But she would never choose me. So, I decided to settle for second best, and move on even if my heart will always belonged to Hermione. I gathered the courage to ask Ginny out on a date, knowing she still liked me. Dating her was okay, but my heart still desired Hermione, but you can say I had a good time. One day, I realized how much Ginny fell in love with me. I knew she didn’t deserve me, having my heart belonged to someone else. So I promised myself that I will learn to love Ginny with all my heart. This day was also the day I proposed to her.

<3<3

Ginny and I were checking if everything was ready for our wedding tomorrow, interrupted when the door bell rang.

Ginny checked out the window and said, “I wonder who it is.”

The next minute her eyes grew big and rushed downstairs. Confused, I look out the window and saw nothing. So I decided to go downstairs, to find out what is the big commotion was about.

As I was walking down the stairs I saw the most beautiful thing in the world, Hermione. Her beautiful bushy brown hair settled down to long bouncy curls. She wore make-up, not that she needed it she was perfect the ways she is. Her breast, curvy features, and sexy toned legs were perfect. She wasn’t the cute and young girl I remembered when she left, she is the most beautiful woman, I have seen in my life. All my feelings revived again, like they were never gone. We never lost eye contact. My heart jumped looking at that good-looking smile that I desired for a long time. Then, Ginny kissed me that beautiful smile slowly fades away.

“Does that answer your question? Oh yeah you’re coming to my bachelorette party tonight. Harry and I want you to be our maid of honor.” Ginny demanded as she pulled me by the waist.

“I’ll be honored to.” Hermione answered.

I wanted Hermione to be walking down the aisle tomorrow all eyes on her, wearing white, while I be waiting by the alter for her. I wanted her, for myself for the rest of my life, but I can’t it’s too late.

3. Let My Heart Speak for Itself

Let My Heart Speak for Itself

Part 3

NOTE: Unfortunately, I don’t own Harry Potter. Don’t get me wrong, JK Rowling is brilliant to come up with Harry Potter, but I’m here to fix her silly mistakes(: Well, This is part 3, Hermione’s point of view. Thanks for the reviews so far and enjoy

“What to wear”, I said to myself as I unpacked my bags looking for what I should wear tonight.

A black smoky one shoulder dress caught my eye. I took a shower, and then slipped on my black dress.

As I looked in the mirror, ‘It seem appropriate and it flattered my best features’, I thought to myself.

I stared how the dress hugged my figure. The dress revealing my right shoulder for everyone to see. The hem of my dress stopped by my mid-thigh, showing off my legs.

“What else?” I asked myself.

I decided to add sliver bracelets and use my strappy high heels. While looking in the mirror, I evaluated how I looked.

Damn! Not bad, Hermione. I wonder if Harry will notice’, I thought to myself smiling.

“Whoa! Hermione…” Harry said.

I was startled, then jumped and lost my balance. Luckily, Harry caught me. Staring at his face I lost my feeling to my legs. His touch sent chills down my spine. I quickly turned to the mirror and adjusted my dress.

“So, you’re getting married tomorrow. Ginny is a very lucky girl. I’m very happy for you; you found the love of your life.” I said.

“Yeah.”, he said in reply.

Ginny entered the room.

“Oh, hi Harry. Let’s go ‘Mione?” Ginny Interrupted.

“Yeah, I ready. Whenever you’re ready, Gin.” I answered.

I left with Ginny leaving Harry behind.

<3<3<3

The bachelorette party was a muggle night club, Late Nights. There were a lot of people. The music was loud. Random, sweaty, weird people were dancing on me. Guys were hitting on me. After about an hour of dancing, I was tired so I decided to sit down.

‘My feet are killing me!’ I thought to myself.

I secretly pulled out my wand and charmed my heels to feel like I’m wearing sneakers.

‘That’s a hundred times better’ I thinking to myself.

Shortly after, Ginny and the girls joined me.

“Having fun you guys?” Ginny asked.

“Yeah.”, everyone answered.

“Ooooohhhh! Let’s play truth or dare?” suggested Luna.

“So Ginny, truth or dare?” asked Lavender.

“Truth.”, Ginny answered.

“How’s Harry in bed?” Lavender added with a wink.

I don’t want hear this… so I walked to the bar. Nobody notice I was gone.

“One beer please. “, I asked the bartender.

He gave my beer, and told me it was on the house, one of the advantages dressing like a foul slut. One beer after another, I think I had six or seven till I finally stopped and stormed out of the bar. I was completely drunk. The brightest witch of her age decided to leave the bar drunk, dress like a slut, unaware of the dangers that could happen. While I was walking, no more like giggling and wobbling, around town I heard someone called out my name. So I looked back and saw Harry trying to catch up with me.

“Hermione! Hold up!” he shouted.

I giggled to myself and said, “Oh, hi Harry.”

“Have you been drinking?” Harry asked.

“Yeah, but only like a one or seven.” I said while trying to keep a straight face, but failed.

He laughs to himself then said, “You’re drunk and I’m taking you home.”

He took me by my waist and we walk home together while I rest my head on his shoulder inhaling his scent while hearing my heart beat fast.

We finally arrived at the Burrow; Harry carried me up the stairs. Then he gently laid me on my bed.

I love you, Harry.” I blurted out.

Then, the next thing I knew everything faded black.

<3<3<3

I woke up, shocked to find myself in my bed, wearing my night wear.

‘I don’t remember getting in my bed or going home from the club’, I thought to myself. The last thing I remember is drinking, everything else is a blur.

Ginny came in my room with a tray filled with eggs, bacon, and toast with orange juice and water.

“How are you feeling?” she asked.

“What do you mean? I feel just fine.” I answered.

“Oh that’s good. We got a lot to do this morning. So get dressed and meet me downstairs.” Ginny replied.

“Okay, but what exactly happened?” I asked.

Ask Harry.” she replied.

Ginny left me alone. I ate my breakfast and changed. I met Ginny downstairs.

<3<3<3

We did have a lot to do that morning. We had to pick up Ginny dress, then my red brides maid dress and get it fitted. Soon after that, we when to a salon then got our hair and nails done.

We finally arrived to the church. We still needed to get our make-up done, I went first then I left when it was Ginny’s turn. I went to see Harry instead.

I knocked on the door.

“It’s me, Hermione.” I said.

I forgot to breathe whey I saw Harry open the door wearing a gray tux. He looked so good.

“Hi, come in.”, he said with the sweetest smile.

I notice he was having trouble putting on his tie. So I said while reaching for his tie, “Do you need help?”

While I was tying his tie, we were so close. I could hear his heart beat and mines beat in perfect harmony. I had to stop myself from kissing him.

“Harry…” I said, while staring at his green jewels, “I regret everything.”

I turned away and faced the mirror. My eyes start to water.

‘Don’t do it, Hermione! He is getting married!’ I yelled in my head.

But I couldn’t stop, so I let my heart speak for itself.

“I regret saying no to you when I was leaving for college. I regret leaving for college. I regret for the first time in my life choosing something over you. I regret not seeing it sooner. If I didn’t go to college, if I didn’t say no, if I realized it sooner, I would be Ginny. I would be the one getting ready to spend the rest of my life with you. What I’m trying to say is‒”, I finally let out while tears running down my face.

I was going to continue, but I caught off guard by Harry’s gentle, soft, sweet lips touching mines.

“I’m madly in love with you, Hermione. Hermione, I love you.” Harry said.

“I’m in love you too Harry. I love you too.” I replied.

As he wiped my tears away like he always did, I begged him, “Why don’t we run away from all of this? To the Forest of Dean, stay there grow old.”

While waiting for his reply, he kissed my forehead and he said, “I would love to. I been waiting since the day I met you, to say those words, but Ginny I can’t hurt her like that.”

While looking at my feet I replied, “I understand.”

I knew it was too good to be true. I felt like someone stabbed my heart into a million pieces.

4. Because I Wanted to Say it First

Because I Wanted to Say it First

Part 4

NOTE: I don’t own Harry Potter, but if JK Rowling listened to me it would have ended up my way. I also don’t own “I didn’t her because I wanted to tell you first”. This whole chapter was inspired by the quote from the movie, Killers. I just wanted to say thank you for the REVIEWS!!! You guys are awesome!! Yes, I know it’s going too fast, but I have decided to finish this, the way I planned it to be, but because of the reviews… I have also decided to create something similar to this, but with greater detail and longer(: Enjoy.

“Damn!” I cursed to myself.

I can’t get her out of my head! Her captivating smile. Her beautiful big brown eyes. I caught myself smiling. She was truly beautiful.

‘I should take a shower. I wonder if Hermione is done, I should check.’ I thought to myself.

As I passed by her room, I couldn’t believe what she was wearing. I couldn’t help, but let my eyes wonder. The way her black dress wrapped around her steamy hot body.

‘God blessed her in the right places. She looks lovely.’ I said to myself.

“Whoa! Hermione”, I blurted out.

I think I scared her because she jumped and lost her balance. I felt like my heart was going to leap out of my chest when I caught her in my arms to prevent her from falling. Then she quickly turned to the mirror and adjusted her clothes.

“So you’re getting married tomorrow. Ginny is a very lucky girl. I’m very happy for you, you found the love of your life.” she said.

“Yeah.”, I replied.

Ginny entered the room.

“Oh, hi Harry. Let’s go ‘Mione?” Ginny interrupted.

“Yeah, I’m ready. Whenever you’re ready, Gin.” Hermione answered.

Ginny left and Hermione followed. Ron entered the room.

“Harry, I was just looking for you.” Ron said.

“Oh yeah, Ron about the bachelor party… no strippers, nothing crazy okay?” I asked.

Sure.”, Ron replied with a smirk.

From that moment I knew there was going to be a stripper, and something crazy is about to happen.

<3<3<3<3

Ron took me to a wizard club, “We’ll show them Muggles”. Surprising, we had the club all to ourselves. Exactly what I thought there was a stripper. That’s not the crazy part, she was dressed like a seductive snitch, and I had to be the seeker and catch her on my broom. I refused at first, but Ron warned me that we weren’t leaving till the game was over and I caught that snitch. After, I caught that “snitch”, she started dancing on me. She was attractive, but she was nothing compared to Hermione. I wasn’t paying attention, I was thinking about Hermione. All the guys dancing on her, flirting with her, and were wishing to take her home, it make my blood boil.

The party ended early because everybody got really drunk with three hours. Since I was the only one sober, I had to bring each one of them home. As Ron and I arrived at the Burrow, I put him on the couch then, checked my watch. It was eleven o’clock.

‘I guess we beat the girls.’ I thought to myself.

So, I sat down and waited for them, hopefully, I can catch a glimpse of Hermione before going to bed.

<3<3<3<3

Two o’clock.

‘They should be home by now’, I thought.

Shortly after, Ginny enter through the door.

“Hi Harry.” she greeted.

She kissed me on my cheek; I could smell the liquor in her breath.

“Is Hermione home?” she asked.

“No, I thought she was with you.” I replied.

“She was with us at first, then poof I couldn’t find her anywhere at the club.” she said.

I bolted out the door and went to look for Hermione. My mind went crazy thinking of all the things that could have happened to her. I prayed that she would be safe.

‘She couldn’t be very far’, I thought to myself as I apparated to the club they went to.

As I looked around the club, I was this unstable and very attractive woman just few blocks away, Hermione.

“Hermione! Hold up!” I shouted.

She giggled to herself and said, “Oh hi, Harry.”

“Have you been drinking?” I asked as I could smell the scent of beer in her breath.

“Yeah, but only like one or seven.” she answered while trying to keep a straight face, but failed.

I laughed to myself and said, “You’re drunk and I’m taking you home.”

I took her by her waist and we walked home together while she rested her head on my shoulder. She looked so stunning while the moonlight shined on her face. I must be the luckiest man, just to have her in my life.

We finally arrived at the Burrow; I carried Hermione up the stairs then gently laid her on her bed.

“I love you, Harry.” she blurted out.

I was totally caught off guard. Did she say what I thought she said? Is that the alcohol talking or does she really mean it? The next minute, she is fast asleep. She looks so cute asleep. I removed her heels. Then I said a spell to change her clothes. Then, I whispered a “sober up” spell. I finally tucked her in, and kissed her on her forehead.

“Goodnight, Hermione”, I whispered to her ear.

Then I headed for bed.

<3<3<3<3

As I was getting ready for the wedding, I couldn’t help, but think of what Hermione said last night. If she really meant it, I won’t tell her because I want to tell her ‘I love you’ first.

Interrupted by my thoughts, I heard someone knock on the door.

“It’s me, Hermione”, she said.

I opened the door. I lost feeling to my legs when I saw how beautiful Hermione looked in that red bridesmaid dress.

“Hi, come in.”, I said while flashing a smile as I tried to tie my tie.

Hermione walked up towards me and reached for my tie, “Do you need help?” she asked.

She tied my tie; we were standing so close I could hear her heart beat and mines beat in perfect harmony. I force myself to resist lifting her chin and kissing those pink, plump, soft lips.

“Harry…” she said, while she looked into my eyes, “I regret everything.”

She turned away and facing the mirror.

‘I can’t believe she is doing this.’ I thought.

“I regret saying no to you when I was leaving for college. I regret leaving for college. I regret for the first time in my life choosing something over you. I regret not seeing it sooner. If I didn’t go to college, if I didn’t say no, if I realized it sooner, I would be Ginny. I would be the one getting ready to spend the rest of my life with you. What I’m trying to say is‒”, she finally let out while tears rolling down her pretty face.

As she was confessing, I didn’t want her to feel this way, full of regret. I’m so proud of all the things she had accomplished.

‘She is going to say it.’, I thought to myself.

Then, I kissed her with all the love I had for her since the day, I first met her.

As our lips parted I said, “I’m madly in love with you, Hermione. Hermione I love you.”

“I’m in love with you too Harry. I love you too.” She replied.

As I wiped her tears away, she begged, “Why don’t we run away from all of this? To the Forest of Dean, stay there grow old.”

It took a while to think of what to say.

Then I finally kissed her forehead and said, “I would love to. I been waiting since the day I met you, to say those words, but Ginny I can’t hurt her like that.”

She looked down, and replied, “I understand.”

I would choose Hermione, but I can’t hurt Ginny. She loves me, but I can’t return the feeling back. I always think of others before myself sometimes I wished I didn’t.

5. I Don't Want to be the Reason Why

I Don’t Want to Be the Reason Why

Part 5

NOTE: I don’t own Harry Potter, but this is how I wished she paired Harry and Hermione the way it should have been. Sadly, this is the last chapter of “Finally Listening to Your Heart”. I hoped you enjoyed it, as much as I did writing it. Enjoy(:

As Hermione entered the room, her jaw dropped. She saw this firing red hair goddess all dressed in white standing in front of her.

“You look beautiful, Ginny.”, Hermione said.

“Thanks ‘Mione.”, Ginny replied as she sat down staring at her reflection in the mirror.

Hermione saw a tear escape from Ginny’s brown eyes, ran down her cheek, traced her jaw line, and finally on her silk dress.

“You love him, don’t you?”, Hermione ask even though she already knew they both knew what her answer would be.

Ginny answered with a nod of her head.

Hermione gently touches Ginny’s shoulder, “Well, we better get out there; your dad is waiting for you.”

They both headed to the church.

One by one they enter the church just as planned. The guys dressed in gray, while the girls dressed in red. The church all decorated with white and red drapes. Red roses everywhere. Rose petals on the floor leading to the altar.

Hermione walks down the aisle, she glances at Harry. She builds up the courage and gives him a little smile. Harry smiles back.

When Hermione finally finds her spot, everyone stands for the arrival of the bride.

Ginny takes a deep breath.

“Are you ready?”, Mr. Weasley asked.

Then she grabs a hold of her dad’s arm and walks with her dad down the aisle. Friends and family all looking at her. Mr. Weasley hand Ginny over to Harry. Ginny kisses her father on the cheek then walks over to the priest with Harry.

“Good Morning, everyone.”, the priest greeted.

“Don’t marry the person you think you can live with; marry the person you can’t live without. –James C. Dobson. Obviously, Harry and Ginny can’t live without one another that’s why they are getting married today. We are gathered here today to witness, holy matrimony of Harry James Potter and Ginevra Molly Weasley.”

The priest signals Ron for the rings.

Ron presented the rings to Harry and Ginny...

Harry took one ring and place it on Ginny’s left ring finger.

“I, Harry James Potter, take you Ginevra Molly Weasley for my lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness, and in health, until death do us part.”, Harry vowed.

Ginny’s eyes start to water as Harry was saying his vows.

Ginny took the other ring and placed it on Harry’s left ring finger.

“I, Ginevra Molly Weasley… take you Harry James Pot‒”

Ginny’s tears were freely falling down her face.

“Harry, I can’t. I can’t do this. I don’t want to be the reason why.” Ginny continued.

“What are you talking about, Gin?” Harry asked all confused.

“I don’t want to be the reason why you can’t be with the girl you love, nor can’t she be with you.” Ginny answered.

Harry took Ginny hands, “I love you, Ginny.” Harry replied.

Damn it! Harry don’t lie to me.”, Ginny screamed.

Ginny looked at Hermione and back to Harry.

“I know you two love each other.” Ginny pointed out.

“Uh…” Hermione spitted out as she took a step forward.

Ginny took a deep breath.

“I knew since the day Hermione came back from college. The way you looked at her. You never looked at me the same way. The way you couldn’t keep your eyes off her. I know I was drunk when I came home last night, but I still remember the way you stormed out the door the minute I told you we couldn’t find Hermione. While you were looking for Hermione, I went in your room to find my shoes for the wedding. I found the letters you wrote to her. Telling her how much you love and missed her. I saw you tucked in her in bed. I heard your conversation while looking for Hermione.” Ginny explained.

Hermione was crying her eyes out.

Hermione ran up to Ginny. “Ginny, please you don’t have to do this.” Hermione said with a gentle voice.

“Your right Hermione, I don’t have to do this. I want to.” Ginny replied.

Ginny turned to Harry and softly touch his cheek.

“I love you, Harry. And I will always love you. That is why I want you to be happy.” Ginny whispered.

Ginny started to cry again. She couldn’t control herself.

“Harry, you been hurt your whole life. You been hurt so much you deserve to smile and be happy. You’re not going to be happy with me, Harry. I know you’re just settling for me, Harry because you didn’t want to hurt my feelings. You need to start thinking what you want.” Ginny continued.

Ginny grabs Harry’s and Hermione’s hand forcing them to hold hands.

“Thank you Ginny.” Harry whispers in her ear and kisses her on the cheek.

“No, Harry thank you.” Ginny replied.

Hermione rushed to hug Ginny. They both looked at each other tears falling down their faces.

Ginny finally lets go and apparated out of the church.

Harry walks up to Hermione and wipes her tears.

“Well, Hermione. I, Harry James Potter, want to take you Hermione Jean Granger, on a date tomorrow night. A picnic under the stars.”

“I, Hermione Jean Granger would love you.”

Harry pulled Hermione closer to him and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

“I love you Hermione”, Harry said while looking at her beautiful big brown eyes.

“I love you Harry”, Hermione said staring right back at his green jewels.

Hermione wrapped her arms around Harry’s waist while Harry put his arm around Hermione’s shoulders as they walk out the church.

<3<3<3<3<3

The End.

I hoped you guys enjoyed this as much as I did writing it. Don’t worry you’ll be hearing more from me soon. More one-shots more short story. I’m thinking about writing a longer one, what do you guys think?