Things Don't Always Go as Planned

princess.harmony

Rating: PG13
Genres: Drama, Romance
Relationships: Harry & Hermione
Book: Harry & Hermione, Books 1 - 7
Published: 27/05/2012
Last Updated: 25/03/2013
Status: In Progress

Shortly after the Final Battle Harry goes to America to have some time to himself and get over the love of his life, Hermione Granger, who belongs to someone else. But when he comes back home to England, he is in for a big surprise, Hermione as well. Both get frustrated when things don't always go as planned and learn how to go with the flow. WARNING: R/Hr at first but eventually H/Hr and R/L and a little D/G.

1. 1. Goodbye

Things Don’t Always Go as Planned.

Chapter One: Goodbye

Note: I don’t own Harry Potter.

Sorry, I haven’t been posting up stories lately. I’ve been having some writers block lately and finally school is over for me which means more free time to write to you guys all summer long! Please excuse all grammatical errors because this was just an idea that came to me and I uploaded as soon as possible.

It’s already been two months since I have defeated Voldemort and I still can’t a decent goodnight sleep. Harry thought to himself while lying in bed tossing and turning trying to get comfortable. She has been haunting his dreams since the day he realized he was in love with her. She just keeps replaying in his mind over and over again. Her smile. Her laugh. Her touch. Her beautiful brown eyes. Her bushy brown hair. Unfortunately, she belonged to someone else and not just someone else his best friend.

Harry rose up to check what time it was. It’s only two o’clock and I only got one hour of sleep. Ugh! “I got a long night ahead of me; I better get some sleep before I leave tomorrow.”, Harry said to himself frustrated before falling asleep dreaming about her again.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry rushed down stairs with his luggage to say his goodbyes to everyone.

“Harry dear, you sure you don’t want breakfast before you leave?”, Mrs. Weasley asked as she began to set the table.

“I’m sure, I already oversleep. I don’t want to miss my flight.”, Harry answered.

“Well, alright.”, Mrs. Weasley said while reaching over giving Harry a tight squeeze. “Be sure you write okay? And eat.”

“I promise.”, Harry answered while returning the hug.

“Harry, my boy. Do send me interesting muggle objects from the states.”, Mr. Weasley said while putting a arm around Harry’s shoulders.

“Will do.”

“Great! Take care.”, Mr. Weasley greeted before also giving Harry a manly hug.

“Harry! I was wondering if you will look out for a great spot to expand the store there in the states, will yah eh?”, George asked.

“I’ll be sure to keep my eyes open.”

“Thanks, Harry!”, George said while he also pulled Harry into a manly hug.

“Well, have a safe flight Harry.”, Ginny said while crossing her arms flashing Harry a gentle smile.

“Thanks, Gin.”, while Harry too flashed a tiny smile back.

“Harry, you aren’t leaving until you said goodbye to me.”, Ron said while going down the stairs.

“Of course not.”

“I’m going to miss you, Harry. Write as much as you can will yah eh?”

“I’m going to miss you too, Ron. I will. Just promise me you won’t hurt Hermione. I know you’re my best

friend, but I’ll kill you if you hurt her.”, Harry threatens while giving Ron a playful punch on the arm.

“I promise, I won’t.”, Ron said while giving Harry a long manly hug.

“Well, Ron please tell Hermione goodbye for me. I’m already late.”, Harry said.

In a blink of an eye, Harry apparated. Harry decided to take the muggle way to America; he was going to take an airplane there. He was going to start out fresh, after year by year being threatened by Voldemort. Harry wanted to experience being a nobody, just another wizard in the crowd. Harry wanted to mourn for all those who gave up their lives for him. Harry knew he wasn’t going to experience any of that by staying here. Harry didn’t know how long was he going to stay in America, but he knew that he will be back eventually. But there was another reason why he was leaving. That reason was to get over her. Harry knew after the battle that it was too late, they already gotten together and made it official. He hasn’t seen her this happy since the war began, so decided to back-off. He didn’t want to ruin her happiness, just seeing her happy is enough for him. He knew he had to get over her, before he falls even deeper in love with her.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

“Hermione. Hermione! Wake up!!”, Mrs. Granger attempted to wake up Hermione.

Hermione groaned in protest while putting her pillow over her head. Please mom, five more minutes it’s still early!! Please let me sleep in for once.

“Hermione, isn’t Harry leaving today for America?”

“Ugh, I overslept!!”, Hermione exclaimed while getting out of bed and rushed into the bathroom to get ready.

Mrs. Granger just smiled and shook her head while walking out of the room.

“Mom wipe that grin off your face!”, Hermione yelled out while brushing her teeth and getting the shower running at the same time. Can’t believe I’m late, I set an alarm last night. Hermione took a quick shower, before throwing on clothes and apparating to the Burrow.

“Hermione you just missed him, he left to London just a second ago.”, Ron said after giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“I got to go Ron. I have to say goodbye to him before he leaves.”, Hermione said before apparating to London.

Just as Hermione got to London she sees Harry hop into a cab. “Wait!! Harry!!”, Hermione called out as she watch the cab drive off. Ugh, nothing is ever easy! Hermione waved and called out for a cab. She was going to apparate there, but there were too many muggles around.

“To the airport please, and step on it please.”, Hermione said to the cab driver while getting in the cab.

As they were getting closer to the airport, the cab began to slow down. “Can’t this cab go any faster?”, Hermione asked the driver impatiently, as she constantly checking the clock.

“Sorry, but we are stuck in traffic.”, He answered.

“Is there another way? Please we are almost there.”, Hermione pleaded.

“Sorry, this is the only way to the airport.”

“Okay. Fine!”, Hermione said while handling the driver the money and stepping out of the cab. I might as well get there on foot. Hermione ran to the airport. She felt like her legs were going to fall off, but she kept going, for Harry. Hermione checked her watch, her eyes began to water as she began to think that she already missed her chance to say goodbye to Harry. Finally, Hermione arrived at the airport and caught her eye on Harry. Hermione began to make way through the crowd to get to Harry.

“Harry!! Harry!!”, Hermione called out. Still he didn’t notice her.

“Excuse me, but you need to get through security before getting in.”, a female guard warned her.

Hermione answered with a nod before heading to the security area, never taking her eyes off Harry. It was a good thing that she wasn’t wearing any jewelry, all she had to do is remove her shoes.

“Okay your free to go.”, one of the workers said while passing her shoes.

After going through security Hermione attempted to yell out to Harry who just checked and was headed towards the gates. “Harry!!! Harry!!!”.

“Excuse me, may I see where is your ticket?”, A guard stopped her.

Crap! “I–I was just using– the bathroom. The visitors one is– closed.”, Hermione lied. Please believe me. Please believe me.

“Okay, but don’t go anywhere else.”, the guard answered suspiciously.

“Okay.” Hermione walk towards the bathrooms before making a mad dash for it while the guard was not looking.

“Harry!!!! Harry!!!!”, Hermione yelled out as she saw him walk towards the plane.

“Excuse me miss, where is your ticket?”, A huge bulk guard asked.

“Please, I just need to say goodbye to Harry.”, Hermione begged.

“I’m sorry rules are rules.” The guard said while escorting Hermione out.

“Harry!!!!! Please turn around! Harry!!!!!”, Hermione cried out as loud as she could while tears ran

down her cheeks.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry heard his name and turned around to see who was calling him. He couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw Hermione being escorted out by a guard as he walked to her.

“Hermione?”

“Please, let me go. I just want to say goodbye.”, Hermione plead.

“Fine, but make it quick.”, the guard snapped.

Hermione ran towards Harry and gave him a hug that nearly lost his balance.

“Hermione, what are you doing here?”, Harry asked while he enjoyed her hug. She smelt like jasmine.

“To say goodbye to you silly.”, she answered while letting go. “I’m sorry I got my tears on your shirt.”, she said while trying to rub off the tear stains.

“It’s okay. Don’t worry about it.”, Harry said while wiping her tears with his thumbs. “Now, don’t cry you know I can’t stand it when you cry.”

“Sorry Harry, I just thought I wasn’t going to say goodbye to you in person before you left.”

Boy, am I going to miss her. Her hug. Those brown beautiful eyes. That jasmine smell of hers. Her touch. The way she says my name. Especially, the way she cares for me like no other. Harry cupped her face and leaned in to put his forehead on top of hers.

“Harry, I’m going to miss you.”, Hermione said as she closed her eyes

“Me too, Hermione.”

“Be sure to keep in touch. Write every day. Don’t get yourself into trouble.”

“Promise.”

“Oh, Harry. When are you coming back?”

“I don’t know.”

“Please get back as soon as possible.”

“I’ll try.”

“Last call for flight J-07 to America. Last call.”, the announcer announced.

“I better go.”

“Goodbye Harry.” Hermione said as her eyes began to water again as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Goodbye Hermione. I won’t be gone for good, this is more like a farewell until next time.”, Harry said before kissing her on the forehead and wiping her tears once again. Finally, Harry had to torn himself away from her or else he was going to miss his flight. Hermione you aren’t making this easy to say goodbye and leave.

Hermione just stood there as she watched her best friend get on the plane, not knowing when he’ll be back. If this isn’t goodbye, then why do I feel this ache inside my chest like I’m missing a part of me?

2. 2. Need You Now

Things Don’t Always Go as Planned.

Chapter Two: Need You Now

Author’s Note: I’m sorry for the long wait. I’ve been busy with AP English homework. Oh my gosh you guys, thanks for the reviews!! You guys always encourage me to continue writing, so don’t be shy and leave me another review! Sorry for the grammar and spelling errors.

P.S. I made it longer this time! Shout out to a very special author here at Portkey, rockstar. If it wasn’t for rockstar nudging me to update, you guys would probably have to wait longer. After reading this, you should really check out rockstar’s “Story of a girl called Hermione Granger” and “Love and Like” (personally, both are my favorite so far).

“Goodbye Hermione. I won’t be gone for good; this is more like a farewell until next time.” Harry said before kissing her on the forehead and wiping her tears once again. Finally, Harry had to torn himself away from her or else he was going to miss his flight. Hermione you aren’t making this easy to say goodbye and leave.

Hermione just stood there as she watched her best friend get on the plane, not knowing when he’ll be back. If this isn’t goodbye, then why do I feel this ache inside my chest like I’m missing a part of me?

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione lay helplessly in bed, tossing and turning. I knew I shouldn’t have read that letter! Now I can’t sleep. It was nights like this, Hermione was glad that Ginny sneaks out the middle of the night to be with Draco. Hermione bit her lower lip and stared at the ceiling. I can’t sleep, until I reply back.

Hermione rose up and threw her covers over. She turned on the lamp near her nightstand and grasped the letter right next to it. She reopened the letter and began to read.

Dear Hermione,

I’m doing just fine. I’m glad to hear that you and everybody else are doing fine as well. I miss you terribly. I’m sorry, but I believe I’m unable to come home for Christmas this year again, but I’ll be back soon hopefully. Please tell everyone I said hello and I send my apologies.

Love, Harry

Hermione sighed to herself. She put the letter back and decided to put it in a box along with the other letters from Harry. Hermione got herself out of bed and jumped as she attempted to get the box off the top of the shelf. Please remind why I put the box on the top shelf if I can’t even reach it. Oh that’s right, I put that there so I wouldn’t have something to remind me of Harry every second of the day. Hermione rolled her eyes. Like that helped. Hermione jumped one last time before the box fell on the floor.

“Merlin!” Hermione cursed under her breath hoping she didn’t wake anyone up.

Hermione walked towards the box and placed it on her desk. Just before Hermione was going to her nightstand to put the letter in the box, she noticed that a picture of Harry waving and smiling was staring right at her. Merlin knows how much I miss him. Hermione eyes began to blur her vision. Oh, what I would do just to see him and hug him. Hermione wiped away her tears before reaching out for parchment and a quill as she began to write a letter back to Harry.

Hermione hadn’t notice that she had been crying while she was writing until she saw tear stains on the letter. So she decided to let it air dry before sending Chane in the morning to send the letter back to Harry.

Hermione quietly open the door and exited the room. Hermione looked around a bit before walking across the hall to Harry’s old room, which was currently used as a guest room. It looks the same since he left for America.

She walked towards the foot of the bed and stared at the window, “I miss you, Harry.”

She began to feel tears began to fill in her eyes, “I don’t just miss you, I need you Harry.”

“The things I would do just to hear your voice, hug you one more time, and just spend time with you again.”, Hermione said while her tears were flowing down her tender cheeks falling down to her palms.

Absently mindedly Hermione climbed into the bed. Does Harry think about me as much as I think about him? Hermione swallowed then inhaled the bed sheets. It smells just like you, Harry. Hermione slowly cried herself to sleep.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Picture perfect memories,

Scattered all around the floor

Reaching for the phone

'cause I can't fight it anymore

And I wonder if I ever cross your mind

For me it happens all the time

It's a quarter after one,

I'm all alone and I need you now

Said I wouldn't call

But I've lost all control and I need you now

And I don't know how I can do without

I just need you now

Need You Now by Lady Antebellum.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione woke up to the bright morning sunlight greeting her “Good Morning”. Hermione didn’t realize that she had fallen asleep and jumped out of bed. She quickly made the bed then quietly exit the room. Hoping that nobody would have noticed she left her room and slept in the guest room.

Hermione sighed in relief that nobody was wake as she walked towards the kitchen.

“At least nobody saw me coming out of the guest room.” Hermione quietly said to herself as she began to make her morning coffee.

“Good Morning”, greeted Mrs. Weasley.

Hermione jumped and threw the teaspoon of sugar in the air causing a sweet mess. “Good Morning, Molly. Sorry.” greeted back.

“Scared you a bit eh? Oh dear, what brings you up this early?” Mrs. Weasley asked as she whipped out her wand to clean up the mess.

“More like caught me off guard. Let’s just say I had a rough night.” Hermione answered as she began to help Mrs. Weasley with breakfast.

“Hermione dear, you don’t have to help.”

“Oh, Molly I insist.”

Mrs. Weasley sighed in defeat, “Alright then.”

As Hermione was frying some bacon, Mrs. Weasley asked while taking over, “Why don’t you head up stairs freshen up?”

“Um,” Hermione hesitated.

“I got this, now go on upstairs.” Mrs. Weasley assured Hermione.

“Okay, I’ll be right back.”

Mrs. Weasley answered with a slight nod of the head.

Hermione took a shower and brushed her teeth. Before heading back down, Hermione went to look for

Chane to send the letter that she wrote previously to Harry. As soon as she saw him flying around the house, she called him over and tie the letter to his foot.

“Okay, you’re all set. Now don’t go flying too long. It’s a long distance, so take as many breaks as you need. Bring this to Harry okay?”

The little owl seems to have understood her as he nodded his head. Hermione smiled and petted the owl gently on the head.

“Take care.” Hermione managed to say before Chane took flight and headed out the window.

Hermione sat down for breakfast, as a young firing red beauty headed down the stairs.

“Good Morning.” Ginny greeted.

“Good Morning, Ginny. Sleep well?” Mrs. Weasley asked.

“Like a baby, Mum.” Ginny answered with dreamy eyes as she took a seat across from Hermione.

“Yeah with Draco’s arms wrapped around her.”, Hermione murmured with a smirk on her face.

Ginny glared at Hermione as she kicked her under the table.

“Ow!” Hermione cried out while laughing at Ginny, whose face matched her hair.

Shortly after, sleepy red head entered the room. “Ron, I’m surprised you even woke up this morning.” Ginny teased as she added more bacon on her plate.

Ron decided to ignore Ginny’s comment. “I thought I smelt bacon. Pancakes too? My favorite! Mum you’re the best.” Ron said taking the seat next to Hermione, giving her a good morning kiss on the cheek.

Mrs. Weasley rolled her eyes, “Hermione helped too, Ronald.”

“Well, then you deserve another kiss.” Ron said to Hermione as he lean forward to kiss her on the lips.

Hermione saw him lean forward turned her head, avoiding the kiss. “Ron, I’m eating.”

Ron sat in his chair awkwardly in silence shocked that Hermione rejected his kiss, until he started to pile his plate and stuff himself. All of them sat there in silence eating their breakfast, until Mr. Weasley joined them.

“Good Morning.” he greeted everyone. Everyone greeted him back as well

Ginny could feel the tension as she looked around the table, “So Hermione, any word from Harry?”

Hermione stopped eating for a moment and looked up at everyone. Everyone sat there quietly egger to hear what she had to say.

“Well, I er received a letter from him yesterday.” she answered. Everybody look like they were asking her to go on.

“He sends his hellos, and apologizes that he is unable to make it this year for Christmas again.” Hermione continued. Hermione watched their faces turn from eagerness to disappointment. I hate it when I have to deliver bad news.

“Well then, Hermione I have a question do you know what this is? I found this item in a raid.” Mr. Weasley asked Hermione holding what looked like a wooden pencil.

“It is what muggles call a wooden pencil. It works like a quill, but ink isn’t required.”

“Ink isn’t required?”

“Yes. And um, the top pink rubbery top is used to erase mistakes it’s called an eraser.”

“Brilliant.”, Mr. Weasley answered in amazement as he began to examine the pencil more closely.

Mrs. Weasley rolled her eyes, while Hermione laughed to herself.

“Well, I better get to work. Goodbye everyone.” Mr. Weasley said while giving Mrs. Weasley a quick peck on the lips before heading out the door with his suit case.

“Come on Ron, we better help George in the store. Students are back for the holidays. It’s going to be really busy.” Ginny said as she got up from her chair and headed out the door.

Ron got up and attempted to kiss Hermione on the lips again. Hermione felt guilty, and decided to let him kiss her this time.

“Bye, Hermione.” he said while walking out the door.

“Bye.”

Why don’t I feel that spark, like I use to?

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry took another shot of whiskey feeling the cold beverage burn down his throat as he swallowed.

Harry could sleep at all, so he decided that a little bit of alcohol would probably help. Boy, was he wrong!

As Harry began to fill up another shot, he thought about the conversation he had with Angelo couple weeks back. I hope with whatever I’m doing I won’t regret it. But the conversation was not only on his mind, but also a certain brushy brown hair beauty. Harry took another shot.

It has been five years since he left and still that beautiful witch never seem to have left his mind. Harry thought getting away from her would help stop the feelings he had for her. But instead of stopping the feelings he had for her, they grew stronger. Every minute, month, or year he stayed away from her, he longed, desired, and fell even deeper in love with her.

Harry poured himself another shot. Harry stared at the door. I wish she could just come busting in the door wrapping her arms around my neck. Just smelling at sweet scent of jasmine and feeling of her in my arms would make my day. Harry finished his shot. I need her, now more than ever.

He checked the clock quarter after one. It was getting pretty late, so Harry called it a night. He got up to put away the bottle of whiskey and cleaned up a bit before heading to bed.

Harry climbed into bed and stared at the ceiling. I wonder what she is doing right now. Does she ever think about me as much as I do to her? Merlin, help me she is making me go bloody mad. Harry continued to stare at the ceiling as he began to picture Hermione. Her smile, bushy brown hair, soft skin, pink lushes lips, cinnamon eyes.

Harry caught himself smiling. Her eyes, most definitely her eyes I could get lost just by looking at them. I could look at them for hours. Before Harry knew it he drifted slowly asleep dreaming about the girl of his dreams.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Another shot of whiskey,

Can’t stop looking at the door

Wishing you'd come sweeping in

The way you did before

And I wonder if I ever cross your mind

For me it happens all the time

It's a quarter after one,

I'm a little drunk and I need you now

Said I wouldn't call

But I've lost all control and I need you now

And I don't know how I can do without

I just need you now

Need You Now by Lady Antebellum

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry woke up the next morning to the sound of someone scratching his window. He immediately got out of bet to find, Chane outside his window.

“Good Morning Chane.”, Harry greeted the brown barn owl as he open his window and untied the letter attached to his leg. Must be a letter from Hermione.

Harry quickly went to the kitchen to retrieve a snack for Chane to eat. “Here you go Chane. You can hang out around here while I take a quick shower before reading Hermione’s letter okay?”

After Harry took a quick shower, he headed back to the kitchen to make his morning coffee before reading Hermione’s letter. Harry sat down and began to take a sip of his coffee and began to read the letter.

Dear Harry,

It’s so good to hear you’re doing fine. I miss you terribly too. I’m very disappointed that you can’t come home for Christmas again this year. Judging by the time Chane gives you this letter, it would probably be Christmas already. Merry Christmas Harry.

Love Hermione

Harry removed his eyes from the letter to look at the calendar. She is right, it’s December 25. Harry hadn’t realized it was Christmas morning.

Harry reread the letter. Harry couldn’t help but smile that she misses him too. It sounds exactly like her. I could picture her writing this letter. As Harry looked at the letter one last time before putting it away he notice that there were dried tear stains on the letter. I hate to see her cry, even knowing that she cried. What makes it worst, is knowing that I’m the reason why she cried.

Harry felt guilty being away from her was the reason why she was crying. To make things worst it took him five years with no contact besides writing to each other to make him realize he waited too long.

Harry sighed to himself, before going to his bedroom to retrieve parchment and quill.

Dear Hermione,

Merry Christmas Hermione. From your observations, you’re probably going to get this on New Years. So Happy New Years as well. Hermione I’m so sorry to disappoint you that I’m unable to come home for Christmas. Please, don’t cry. You know I can’t stand you crying, let alone I’m the reason why you are crying. Believe me; I’ll be home sooner than you know it.

Love Harry.

Harry quickly ties the letter on Chane’s leg. “I know you just came here, but I need you to deliver this as soon as possible. Sorry. Feel free to take more owl treats before you leave.”

I hope it’s not too late to make things right.

Note: I don’t own Harry Potter, or anything else. Again sorry for the long wait, to make it up to you guys I will update the next chapter next week. I promise! So, tell me what you think and leave a review!

3. 3. Surprise! Surprise!

Things Don’t Always Go as Planned

Chapter Three: Surprise Surprise!

AN: Well here you go, as promised here is an update. Hopefully, I can continue get updates up as soon as this. I can never thank you guys enough for the reviews. You guys are AWESOME! Sorry about the grammar/spelling. Well, here it is please enjoy.

Dear Hermione,

Merry Christmas Hermione. From your observations, you’re probably going to get this on New Years. So Happy New Years as well. Hermione I’m so sorry to disappoint you that I’m unable to come home for Christmas. Please, don’t cry. You know I can’t stand you crying, let alone I’m the reason why you are crying. Believe me, I’ll be home sooner than you know it.

Love Harry.

Harry quickly tie the letter on Chane’s leg. “I know you just came here, but I need you to deliver this as soon as possible. Sorry. Feel free to take more owl treats before you leave.”

I hope it’s not too late to make things right.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

“You got everything?” an old man in his 70s, had white hair and dark brown eyes covered by thick glasses asked Harry.

“Yes Angelo.” Harry answered with a simple nod of the head.

“Harry, my boy I’m going to miss you. Things won’t be the same without you, but you have to do this.”

“I’m going to miss you too. Yes, I know.”

“Tell me how it goes. Write as soon as your home, okay?”

“I promise.”

Harry and Angelo pulled into a friendly hug.

“Bye Angelo, I better get going before I miss my plane.”

“Bye Harry. Remember, live life with…”

“No regrets.” Harry finished with a smile.

“That’s my boy.” Angelo smiled back.

Harry checked in, went through security and is now waiting at his gate for the plane to arrive. Harry took a seat and sighed to himself, trying to take everything in. This is it. I’m going back home after five years. Harry had mix feeling about coming home. He was happy, relieved, and excited. Yet, he also was nervous, scared, and sad.

Harry remembered when he first arrived in America. He was so young, confused, and grieving. He needed to find himself, who he was. He had to face the real world at such a young age, and didn’t get to enjoy himself. He had lost so much for a child to deal with. Everyone was depending on him, putting so much weight on his shoulders.

“We are now boarding gate J-07. Flight M23 to London.” the clerk announced distracting Harry from his thoughts.

Harry got up and boarded on the plane. After putting away his carryon luggage away he found his seat and was happy that he was sitting alone.

He looked at the window as the plane took off. It had been two weeks since he sent the letter to Hermione and he hadn’t heard from her since. Harry hadn’t told Hermione, or anyone that he was coming back home. He wanted to surprise them. Harry smiled at the thought of seeming Hermione. I wonder how they are doing.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry opened a door and looked around his surroundings. What’s going on? He was not alone in this room. There were many people around him, all wearing black and some were crying. There were some people that look familiar and some he had never met at all.

Then it hit him, he was at a funeral. For who, though? Harry was unaware that his legs had a mind of its own. They led him through the aisle towards the front of the room. The next thing he knew he was looking down at a coffin.

An old woman lied cold in the coffin. Harry didn’t know who this woman was, yet she looked so familiar. Hermione. Harry couldn’t breathe, his heart dropped to the floor as his vision began to blur. He began to feel a little light headed.

“Hermione, Hermione! Please wake up.”, Harry begged, but still no response.

“You ca– You can’t leave me, Hermione!! I don’t know what I would do without you.” Harry cried out.

“I didn’t get to tell you how I feel about you.” Harry tears began to drip down his face.

“I love you.” Harry choked out.

Then Harry felt someone pull Harry away from Hermione. “IT CAN’T BE TOO LATE!!! IT JUST CAN’T!!!”

The next thing Harry knew, he eyes bolted opened and found himself sitting in an airplane all sweaty and tears running down his cheeks.

“Are you alright, sir?” a flight attendant asked.

“I’m alright, just a nightmare.” Harry answered. Yes, Harry it was just a bloody nightmare. Calm down.

“Well, alright then. We will be landing shortly.”

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry walked up to a house that looked like it was going to fall apart, but only magic was holding it together with a sign “The Burrow”.

This is it. I’m home. Here I go. Harry took inhaled deeply before knocking on the door.

“I’m coming, I coming.” Harry heard someone called out.

Mrs. Weasley answered the door. “Harry, dear! What a pleasant surprise!” she said while pulling Harry into a motherly hug.

“It’s good to see you Molly.” Harry greeted her as they pulled away.

Mrs. Weasley put her hands on Harry’s arms. “Well, it good to see you have been eating. We’ve missed you, Harry. Come, come in.”, Mrs. Weasley gesture Harry towards the Burrow.

Harry entered the Burrow and followed Mrs. Weasley towards the kitchen.

“Ronald, I told you many times to get away from the desserts!” Mrs. Weasley scolded.

“Sorry, Mum.” Ron apologized as he took a bite of a cupcake regardless what his mother said to him.

Mrs. Weasley rolled her eyes as Ron looked up and saw Harry.

“Harry!! Is that you?” he asked with his mouth full and his eyes wide open.

“Yes.”, Harry answered while trying to hold back a laugh. He really missed his best friend.

They pulled into a brotherly hug.

“I missed you, Harry.” Ron said while holding on to Harry.

“I missed you too.” Harry said as they pulled apart.

“Well, come on. I’ll bring you out back to the party.”

“Party? I didn’t know you guys were throwing a party. I’m sorry, I didn’t intrude did I?”

“Of course not, mate.” Ron said as he brought Harry towards the backyard.

The backyard was filled with familiar faces. They were completely under the stars with LED lights hanging everywhere. Round tables were on the sides, while a dance floor was in the center.

Harry searched for a certain brown eyed beauty with bushy hair. Where is she? Then he found her, she was with Ginny and Lavender. She looked happy drinking wine and talking. She looks even more beautiful than I remember. Hermione wore a high low light turquoise sleeveless dress with sliver chain as a belt that complemented her long legs and curves. Along with the dress she wore sliver high heels and her hair down pinned on the side.

She hasn’t really changed much since I left. She is still the most beautiful girwoman, Harry corrected himself. Hermione’s hair finally settled down a bit, enough to manage. She wore the slightest amount of makeup to enhance her true beauty, but Harry thought she didn’t even need any. She has also gotten curvier.

Harry was watching her talk to Ginny and Lavender laughing. He smiled to himself when he saw Hermione laugh. I can’t wait to for her to be mines, remember live life with no regrets. Harry heart was about to beat right out of his chest when her brown eyes met his emerald ones.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I'm weak, it's true

'Cause I'm afraid to know the answer

Do you want me too?

'Cause my heart keeps falling faster

I've waited all my life to cross this line

To the only thing that's true

So I will not hide it's time to try

Anything to be with you

All my life I've waited

This is true

Time by Ryan Cabrera

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione was chatting with Ginny and Lavender while sipping on her wine enjoying the party with her friends, like good old times.

“This is great isn’t it?” Lavender asked while looking around the party.

“It would be, if Draco was here.” Ginny answered disappointed.

“Gin, if you told your family that you’re dating him then he would be here right now.” Hermione said after she took another sip of her wine.

“They wouldn’t understand and wouldn’t want me with him. Remember Hermione he is a Malfoy. They can only remember what he was like at Hogwarts, but he has changed since then, Hermione.” Ginny argued.

“I know, I believe you, but if they knew that he makes you happy, then they will consider It.”, Hermione rebutted.

“Enough about this, let’s hit the dance floor.” Lavender said feeling the tension so she decided to change the subject.

“I wouldn’t want to be caught in the dance floor dancing with you while you’re little bit tipsy. You dance like you’re drunk with two left feet, with or without the alcohol.” Ginny answered while laughing.

Hermione couldn’t help, but laugh. Then she scanned around the party. Her eyes bolted opened as something caught her eye. Is that– who I think it is? When her eyes met his emerald eyes answered her question.

He was wearing a simple gray and dark blue striped thin jumper rolled up to his biceps along with tan long shorts with a brown belt and black shoes. He gotten taller and she remembered. Not to mention bulkier. His jet black hair was cut shorter, yet still messy as she remembered. He wasn’t wearing his usual glasses which made his emerald green eyes more breathtaking. He looks amazing!

“Harry!!” she cried out while running across towards Harry wrapping her arms around his neck knocking him on the ground. She felt this sensation tingling throughout her body as they touched.

“I’m sorry.” she apologized while getting up straighten her dress before lending out her hand to help him up.

Hermione pulled him up into another hug and felt the same warm tingling sensation she felt earlier.

“Harry, I can’t believe you’re here. I’ve missed you so much. I’m so happy you’re here.” Hermione said tearing up as she pulled herself apart from him to look at his emerald eyes.

“I missed you too, Hermione.” Harry said still holding her in his arms.

Then, Hermione started to hit Harry on his chest with her clenched fist.

“You prat! How could you be gone for five bloody years with no contact except writing letters? No visits, not telling us where exactly where you so we could visit you. Now you show up out of nowhere? And, not telling me you were coming today!!” Hermione scolded him.

Harry tried hold back a laugh, until he saw her tears dripping down her face. He pulled her into a tighter hug.

“I’m sorry, Hermione. I wanted to surprise you guys.” Harry apologized sincerely.

Hermione finally pulled apart. She felt like a rush of cold as she let go of Harry.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry felt this bolt of electricity as he and Hermione touched. The warm sensation disappeared as Hermione pulled away.

“So, what’s going on here?” Harry asked.

“Well, um–“, Hermione struggled to answer.

Ron pulled Hermione a closer to him and wrapped his arm around her waist. Harry felt jealous as he watched Ron touched Hermione.

“It’s our engagement party.” Ron help Hermione answer.

Harry felt like someone ripped out his heart and slashed into million pieces. Engaged? No, it can’t be! Harry couldn’t breathe. He tried to hold back the tears threatening to fall.

“En–engagement party?” Harry asked while looking at Hermione, hoping to hear the answer he wanted.

Harry saw Hermione avoiding eye contact with him; she was looking on the ground. She wrapped her right hand around her left ring like she was ashamed of it as Harry tried to glance at the ring for confirmation since Hermione wouldn’t even look at him.

“Yes. We are so happy you came. We were just about to go to the states to tell you.” Ron answered for Hermione.

Hermione looked up at Ron then at Harry. “And we want to ask you if you would like to be my best man?” Ron continued.

Harry inhaled deeply and said, “I would be honored to.” Harry had to force a smile to hide his hurt feelings.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing

Just prayed to a God that I don't believe in

'Cause I got time while she got freedom

'Cause when a heart breaks, no it don't break

No it don't break, no it don't breakeven, no

What am I gonna do

When the best part of me was always you

And what am I supposed to say

When I'm all choked up and you're okay

I'm falling to pieces, yeah

I'm falling to pieces, yeah

I'm falling to pieces

(One's still in love while the other one's leaving)

I'm falling to pieces

('Cause when a heart breaks, no it don't breakeven)

Oh, it don't breakeven, no

Oh, it don't breakeven, no

Oh, it don't breakeven, no

Breakeven by The Script

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

“Well, excuse me. I need to put my things my room.”, Harry excused himself. He made up an excuse anything to get away.

Harry began to walk towards the inside of the house when he heard Hermione called out his name. Harry ignored her and quickened his pace towards his room. Harry was glad he was the only one in the house because the slammed the door shut and said strong locking charms.

Silencio.”, Harry said under his breath.

“Engaged? ENGAGED!” Harry cried out as tears fell hopelessly down his cheeks, his breath all choppy.

Harry sat at the foot of his bed and covered his face with his hands. “You idiot! It took you five years to come back and fight for Hermione. If you came earlier, that engagement party would be yours and Hermione’s; you would have been engaged to Hermione!”

Harry shot up from the bed walk towards the wall and punched the wall.

“YOU BLOODY IDIOT!” he cried out tears flowing uncontrollable down his cheeks.

Harry finally calmed himself down and sat down on his bed. Harry managed to stop crying. He stared at the hole in the wall emotionless.

Reparo.”, Harry muttered.

Harry watched the wall repair itself. It’s too late, isn’t it? This was a mistake to come back, right?

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

They say bad things happen for a reason

But no wise words gonna stop the bleeding

'Cause she's moved on while I'm still grieving

And when a heart breaks, no it don't breakeven, even, no

Breakeven by The Script

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

AN: Thanks for reading I hoped you enjoyed it. I don’t own the songs, or Harry Potter. Don’t forget to review! Bye, I’ll update as soon as I can.

Here are the links to what Hermione and Harry was wearing:

Hermione

http://www.fashforfashion.com/search?updated-max=2012-06-13T01%3A37%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=9

(it’s the third picture down)

Harry

http://us.asos.com/ASOS-3-4-Sleeve-Top-With-Pocket/xej5u/?iid=1763502&cid=7616&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Grey+marl&r=2&mporgp=L0FTT1MvQVNPUy0zLzQtU2xlZXZlLVRvcC1XaXRoLVBvY2tldC9Qcm9kLw..

4. 4. Catching Up

Things Don’t Always Go as Planned

Chapter Four: Catching Up

AN: It’s been a year since Deathly Hallows part 2 and we are all still here. To celebrate I decided to post this. The magic will never end, and we will stay with you Harry till the very end, always. I don’t own Harry Potter or anything. Apologize for grammar/spelling errors. Once a Potterhead, always a Potterhead.

Harry sat at the foot of his bed and covered his face with his hands. “You idiot! It took you five years to come back and fight for Hermione. If you came earlier, that engagement party would be yours and Hermione’s; you would have been engaged to Hermione!”

Harry shot up from the bed walk towards the wall and punched the wall.

“YOU BLOODY IDIOT!” he cried out tears flowing uncontrollable down his cheeks.

Harry finally calmed himself down and sat down on his bed. Harry managed to stop crying. He stared at the hole in the wall emotionless.

“Reparo.”, Harry muttered.

Harry watched the wall repair itself. It’s too late, isn’t it? This was a mistake to come back, right?

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry woke up as the blinding sunlight hit his face. Yesterday was all a blur. All Harry could remember is coming home, seeing Hermione, and then finding out news he didn’t want to hear. Harry closed his eyes again as yesterday events replayed in his mind.

Harry decide to take a quick shower, hopefully it would wash away the sadness, grief, and regret he was feeling.

After taking a shower, it did seem to help brighten Harry’s mood a little. Harry return to his room to fix his bed, when he notice his mobile phone beep. It was a text message from Helena, Angelo’s niece.

Harry meant to owl Angelo as soon as he got to England, but after all the events from yesterday he needed advice on what to do and couldn’t wait a week for him to receive his letter and an additional week to receive a letter back. So Harry decided to text Helena to fill in what happen and forward the message to Angelo, since Angelo doesn’t have a mobile phone and doesn’t have a clue to work one. Plus, it was the fastest way to communicate with him.

Harry read the text message:

Harry, I feel greatly sorry that you had to go through all of that when finally arrived back home. I know you don’t want to hear this but did you really expect Hermione to sit around and wait for you to return? Then come jumping into your arms the moment you come back?

Harry rolled his eyes. Ironic. He continued to read.

Harry, I’m just proud of you for trying, even though it didn’t ended the way you planned it to be. But I say, be there for her. She is your best friend and she is marring your other best friend. Spend as much time with her before the wedding, make up for lost times because once she is married she won’t be around as much. She is going to have her own life and family to worry about. Goodbye and good luck.

As much as I hate to admit it, Angelo is right. Harry sighed to himself before heading downstairs.

Harry came down the stairs to the sight of Mrs. Weasley clearing the table.

“Harry, nice of you to finally join us but I’m afraid that Ron ate finished your share.”, Mrs. Weasley said while putting the dishes in the sink.

“Where is everybody?”, Harry asked while helping Mrs. Weasley with the dishes.

Mrs. Weasley took the dishes out of Harry’s hands and answered, “Harry, I got this. Besides, you just missed them, they all left for work. Why don’t you call Hermione, and I’ll whip something for the both of you.”

“Wait Hermione? Didn’t she eat yet?”

“She wanted to wait for you.”, Molly answered.

She wanted to wait for me? Why would she want to do that?

“I guess I’ll go up there and ask her if she wants to eat breakfast.”, Harry said before heading upstairs to retrieve Hermione.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione was reading a book on her bed when she heard a knock on the door.

“Come in.”, she answered.

A man with black messy hair and beautiful green eyes entered the room. I still can’t believe he is finally home.

“Good morning Hermione.”, he greeted before taking a seat on her bed.

“Good morning Harry.”, Hermione greeted back before sitting right next to him.

Harry took his hand and began to rub the back of his neck as he asked, “Why didn’t eat breakfast with everybody else?”

“I wanted to wait for you. Plus, you been gone for so long and we always eating breakfast together.” Hermione answered with a smile.

Harry smiled back. I miss that. I love it when he smiles.

“Harry, are you alright?”, Hermione looked at Harry concerned thinking of how he quickly left after breaking the news that she and Ron are engaged.

Harry shot back a confused look, “Yes, what do you mean?”

“It’s just after you left you seemed like– you wanted to get away as soon as possible. Not to mention you didn’t return to the party after you left.”

“I was just tired. After um packing I sort of fell asleep, you know jet lag.”, Harry answered avoiding Hermione’s eyes.

Something is up. Hermione wasn’t all convinced at his explanation. Not wanting to start a fight, since he just back she let it go. She watched as Harry shifted awkwardly in his seat until something caught her eye.

“What is it this?!”, Hermione asked while raising his freshly busied and cut hand.

“It’s nothing. Hermione I got this back in America.”, Harry lied.

He is lying. “What do you mean ‘it’s nothing’. Harry you’re hurt.”, she scolded as she ran her fingers on the freshly wounded busied knuckles.

She felt that spark again. The same spark from last night when she touched Harry. It gave her chills that ran down her spine.

Harry quickly removed his hand from Hermione’s. “It’s nothing Hermione. Don’t worry about it.”, Harry hissed.

“Let me heal it.”, Hermione demanded while bring out her wand.

“Do you even know how?”, Harry asked unsurely.

Hermione rolled her eyes. “After you being in the hospital wing a million of times and watching Madam Pomfrey heal you of course I ended up picking up a few healing spells. Plus, I’ve read a book or two about healing spells.”, Hermione explained while reaching out his hand.

Episkey.”, Hermione muttered as she pointed her wand on Harry’s hand.

Hermione and Harry watched as his damaged hand heals itself.

“Thanks.”, Harry said while examining his hand.

“No problem Harry.”

“Well, we better get down stairs. Molly is waiting for us.” Harry said before getting up and leaves the room. Hermione soon follows shortly.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry and Hermione met Mrs. Weasley in the kitchen.

“Actually Molly, I’m not hungry.”, Harry said.

“Me either.”, Hermione agreed.

Before Mrs. Weasley could argue about missing the most important meal of the day, Hermione continued, “Don’t worry Molly, I promise that we will eat a big lunch while Harry helps me plan the wedding.”

Wedding plans? I didn’t agree with no such thing. Harry shot Hermione a questionable look. “Yeah.”, Harry agreed unsurely.

“Okay. You two be home before dinner.”, Mrs. Weasley said while giving Harry and Hermione uncertain looks.

“Sure thing. Goodbye!”, Hermione said before kissing Mrs. Weasley on the cheek then heading out the door.

Harry stood still in the same spot, hesitating to follow Hermione. I’m so confused, I have no clue what is going on.

“Harry are you coming or not?”, Hermione shouted.

“Coming.”, Harry answered while following Hermione and getting his cloak.

“Here grab my hand.”, Hermione said while holding out her hand.

Harry took Hermione’s hand and felt that tingly feeling every time their skin touched.

“Where are we going?”, Harry asked hoping he’ll get some answers to his questions.

Hermione smiled at him causing Harry heart to melt.

“You’ll see.”

Hermione and Harry apparated to London in dark alley. With a flick of Hermione’s wand, she transfigured their cloaks to muggle clothes. Hermione looked around before stepping out of the dark alley into the busy streets of London dragging Harry along with her. What is she up to?

Harry gave Hermione a confused look while Hermione just laughed and rolled her eyes. Hermione took many turns left and right until they were face to an old coffee shop.

What are we doing here? Before Harry could ask, Hermione entered the coffee shop and stood in line. Not wanting to get lost, Harry quickly followed her.

While waiting in line Harry opened his mouth before Hermione interrupted, “Harry could you find some seats for us while I take our order?”

Harry quickly found a place for them to sit. It was close to back near a window. Harry sat down while he waited for Hermione with their orders. Leaving Harry lost in his thoughts.

Why are we here? Why did she bring me here? Does she feel that tingly feeling too, every time we touch?

“Harry? Harry?”, Hermione called out.

Harry shook his head as he snapped out of his thoughts. He was in his own little world that he didn’t notice Hermione was seating across from him with two coffee mugs.

“Oh, sorry.”, Harry apologized.

“It’s fine. You’ve got to try this. It’s the best coffee I’ve ever taste. I’ve found this place after you left for America and been coming back here ever since.”, Hermione said with a twinkle in her eye.

I love that little twinkle in her eye whenever she gets excited about something. Harry took his coffee as he watch Hermione took a sip of hers.

Harry took a sip of the hot coffee, and boy was his taste buds dancing. I never knew coffee would taste so good!

He looked at Hermione, who was on the edge of her seat waiting to hear his reaction.

“So, what do you think?”, Hermione asked curiously.

“Eh, okay.”, Harry said trying to hold in his laugh while looking at Hermione like he just sprouted another head.

Harry couldn’t hold his laughter any longer and burst out laughing.

“I’m just kidding Hermione. You should of seen your face.”, Harry teased.

“You prat! I told you it was the best coffee ever!” , Hermione said before taking another sip of her coffee.

Harry too took another sip of his coffee before asking, “Why are we here Hermione?”

Hermione gave Harry a confused look. “Harry, I can’t believe you are so draft.”

She picked up her coffee mug and continued, “We are here in a coffee shop to drink–.”

“Hermione, I know that. I mean you said to Molly that I was going to help you with planning your wedding. But here we are, in a coffee shop.”

“Do you really think I would bring you to help me plan my wedding? Besides, Harry I have a long time to plan before the wedding.”

“How long is it till the wedding? When exactly is the wedding?”

“Um, about two months from now and it’s on March 23.”, Hermione answered calmly.

Harry nearly spitted out his coffee.

“TWO MONTHS? Hermione, have you gone completely mental?”

Hermione was token back at his comment, slightly offended.

“No, I have not gone mental!”

Noticing her change of tone, “Hermione, I didn’t mean it that way. It’s just most women in your position would be going nuts knowing their wedding is just around the corner.”

“Well, then I’m not like most women.”, Hermione said cheekily.

“You certainly are not.”

Harry watched as Hermione blushed.

“Besides, Molly and Ginny said they would do all the hard stuff. All I got to do is show up and say I do.”

Harry looked at curiously.

“What?”

“Hermione, this is yours and Ron’s wedding, it isn’t Ginny’s nor Molly’s.”

“I know.”, Hermione answered quietly.

“So how long have you two been engaged?”

“Um, about two weeks.”

Harry was taken back by her answer.

“Why the sudden rush?”

“Um, I don’t know. Ron wanted it to be near his birthday. He said we were together for five years, so why wait any longer.”

Hermione check her watch. “Oh joy. It’s about lunch time come on, Harry lets go get lunch.”

Before Harry was going to pay a tip since she paid for the drinks, Hermione place the money on the table.

“Harry I got this.”

“But, you paid for our coffee.”

“It’s fine.”

“Okay, I’ll let you go this time. Only if you let me pay for our lunch and leave a tip.”, Harry said refusing to back down to this stubborn and independent woman.

“Deal.” Hermione agreed with a smile.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione and Harry finally decided on what restaurant they were going to eat for lunch.

After the hostess show them their seats and handed them their menus, Hermione thought it was a perfect time for them to catch up with each other.

Shortly after looking at the menu, both and having an idea of what they were going to order then placing the menu down.

Just when Hermione was about to speak, Harry asked, “So, what have you been doing while I was gone?”.

It was like Harry stole the words straight from her mouth. It still amazes me how sometimes he reads my mind.

“Well, nothing exciting really. I finished up my seventh year at Hogwarts while taking night courses at a muggle college. I took summer courses to keep myself busy. With all that said and done, I was able to graduate last June.” Hermione said as if it was nothing.

“Amazing. What did you study for?”, Harry asked curiously.

“Lawyer.”

“Wow, sounds great! What have you done with your hair it’s longer and less bushy.”

“Yeah, I let it grow out. Ever since then my hair began to become more manageable.”

“If you asked me, either way you look absolutely exquisite.”

Hermione turn deep red at his comment and couldn’t help but smile.

“Thanks.”

“So what did you do after you graduated?”

“After being away from my parents while growing up and going to college, I decided to spend some time with them before going to work. I was planning to work for the Ministry this January, until I got engaged.”

“Wow, you’re on your way to success Hermione. Sooner than you know it you’ll be the Minster of Magic.”

Hermione blushed, and then both broke into laughter. Can I get any redder?

They were soon interrupted by the waiter.

“Hello, I’ll be your waiter this fine afternoon. May I take your order.”

“Hi.”, Hermione said while scanning the menu again to refresh her memory of what she planned on ordering.

“Oh, yes. I would like a cheese burger with some curly fries on the side and a glass of coke. I would also like a salad.”, Hermione continued.

Harry looked at Hermione then at the waiter.

“I guess I’ll be having the same, but without the salad.”, Harry said before he let out a chuckle.

“Of course. Anything else?”, the waiter asked.

“That will be it for now.”, Harry answered for the both of them.

“Your orders will arrive shortly.” the waiter reassured them while grabbing their menus and walking away.

Harry was looking at Hermione.

“What?” Why is he looking at me like that?

“Oh, it’s nothing. I admire you for eating whatever you want, not caring about your weight.”

“Harry to be honest, it’s gotten a lot harder to keep the shape that I am but that’s not going to stop me from eating what I want. It’s going to be hard, but I’ll sacrifice taking the stairs instead of the lift or taking a nice walk in the morning.”

Harry smiled at her. How does he do that just one smile, then I’m putty in his hands.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Their food arrived both didn’t hesitate to dig right in.

“Enough about me, what about you Harry? What have you been up to in America?”, Hermione asked after taking a bite of her salad.

Harry cleared his throat before answering, “Um, where do you want to start?”

“I want to know everything. What did you do for a living there?”

“Well, I wanted to work as a muggle away from the wizarding world as much as possible. Unfortunately in America, they are strict in background checks so I was unable to provide proof for my muggle existence. Of course America was aware of the recent news in Europe. So I decided to become a professional quidditch player for Brawny Bobcats as a beater.”

“Harry, that’s amazing. But wouldn’t they at least recognize your name or how you look?”

“When I was playing, I went by the name James Black. Because I wasn’t playing my best position, I wasn’t their star player. People didn’t notice me.”

Hermione looked at Harry with admiration.

“Where did you live, Harry?”

“In Los Angeles, California.”, Harry answered as he watched Hermione bite her lip thinking about something.

“But I thought you want to live somewhere quiet.”

“Yes, but once you live in a small town everyone knows you. I wanted to live somewhere where I could stand in the middle of a hundred people and nobody would recognize who I was.”

Before Hermione could ask another question, they were interrupted again by the waiter.

“Are you two finished?”, he asked before picking up the dishes as they nodded yes.

“Would you like dessert?”

“Yes, do you have some pumpkin pie?”, Harry and Hermione said insync.

All three of them laughed.

“We sure do. Your order will be coming shortly.”, the waiter said as he walked away.

“Did you make any friends?”, Hermione asked.

“Besides my teammates, there is only one in particular. His name is Angelo. He is a very sweet old man who owns a little book shop right across the street from my flat. I helped around at his bookshop when it wasn’t quidditch season. He is also a wizard.”

“I would love to meet him someday.”

“Oh, Hermione you would love him. He loves books as much as you do.”

Soon their pumpkin pie arrived and they dug right in, eating I silence. Just as promised, Harry paid for their delicious lunch and the tip as well before leaving the restaurant as they decided to take a stroll around the city.

As they continued to walk around, Hermione stopped and looked straight to Harry. She reached out and played with his black strands of hair using her finger. He closed his eyes at her touch.

“Harry why did you cut your hair and what ever happened to your glasses?”

Harry looked around finding the right words.

“I needed a new look something to change for a new chapter in my life, so I decided to cut my hair and have surgery done with my eyes.”

“I’ve missed you Harry.” Hermione said as tears began to blur her vision of Harry.

“I’ve missed you too Hermione.”

“Harry, I missed so much a part of your life that I can never take back.”, Hermione choked out as tears began to fall down her face.

I can’t stand seeing her cry. Harry couldn’t take it anymore as he pulled her into a tight hug.

“Me too, Hermione.”, Harry said quietly.

His emerald eyes met her brown ones as Harry wiped her tears away.

Hermione wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her face in his hard chest.

“Just promise me that you’ll never leave me again.”

“I promise, Hermione.”

It broke Harry’s heart seeing how much he hurt Hermione while he was gone. I never want to see her hurt again.

Harry kissed Hermione on her forehead before they pulled apart. Hermione wiped her tears. Then hugging onto Harry’s arm and resting her head on his shoulder. They walked around like this until they decided to call it a day and head back to the Burrow for dinner.

If we continue this, it’s going to be harder not to fall deeper in love with her than I already am.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

AN: My apologies for the long wait. I’ll try to update sooner. Please leave a review and tell me what you think.

5. 5. Welcome Home Dinner

Things Don’t Always Go as Planned

Chapter Five: Welcome Dinner

AN: Hi. I just want to thank you for all your reviews. They are the reason why I lock myself in my room and write a new chapter. Again, apologizes for grammar/spelling errors. Enjoy and don’t forget to REVIEW!

Hermione wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her face in his hard chest.

“Just promise me that you’ll never leave me again.”

“I promise, Hermione.”

It broke Harry’s heart seeing how much he hurt Hermione while he was gone. I never want to see her hurt again.

Harry kissed Hermione on her forehead before they pulled apart. Hermione wiped her tears. Then hugging onto Harry’s arm and resting her head on his shoulder. They walked around like this until they decided to call it a day and head back to the Burrow for dinner.

If we continue this, it’s going to be harder not to fall deeper in love with her than I already am.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry and Hermione finally arrived back at The Burrow just before dinner like they promised Mrs. Weasley.

“Harry? Hermione? Is that you?” Mrs. Weasley called out from the kitchen.

“Yes, Molly.” Hermione yelled out as Harry took her cloak and his and placed it in the closet. “Thanks Harry.”

Harry and Hermione made it over to the lounge. Both of them sat next to each other on the couch in front of the fire place. They sat in awkward silence as they watch the red hot fire flames dance around. Both of them feeling the warmth from the fire caress their skins.

“Molly, do you need help?” Hermione asked as she shot up from the couch. Harry eyes moved away from the fire and followed Hermione as she got up.

“No, Hermione dear. Just keep Harry company while the others arrive.” Mrs. Weasley shouted out.

Hermione sighed in defeat before sitting back down right next to Harry resting her hands on her knees. She turned her head at Harry, who was now gazing the flames again. Just before Hermione was going to say something she was interrupted by someone trying to enter the door.

Ginny entered through the door looking pale and her face was flushed from the snow. Ginny place her cloak in the closet before throwing her broom on the floor and cursing at it.

“Hello, Ginny.” Harry greeted looking at Ginny concerned.

“Hello Hermione, Harry.” Ginny greeted back flatly.

It must be practice again. “Hi Gin. Rough day at practice?” Hermione asked looking at the broom on the floor.

Ginny rolled her eyes. “You have no idea. This stupid broom kept acting up again at practice. If I don’t get a new broom, coach will make me sit out in the next game.” Ginny grumbled, before kicking the broom letting out her frustration.

“Sorry to hear that.” Hermione looked at her sincerely. You should buy yourself a new one, but you want to save up so you and Draco can buy a flat together.

Ginny shot Hermione a knowing glare, as if she were reading Hermione’s mind. Then she finally let out a frustrated sigh. “I’m going to shower.” Harry and Hermione watched Ginny picked up her broom before irritably going upstairs.

“I never knew Ginny plays professional quidditch.” Harry told Hermione as they walk back to the lounge.

“I guess I forgot to mention it in the letters.” Hermione said as they sit back to the same positions as they were before they were interrupted. “Right after her seventh year, the Holyhead Harpies offered her a position to be Center Chaser. But she declined the offer to help George get back up on his feet since Fred died. After a year she finally decided to go to the Holyhead Harpies if they were still up for the offer. She’s been playing ever since.”

“That’s nice, I always knew she wanted to play professional.”, Harry said with a smile.

“Me too.” Hermione smiled back.

They were soon interrupted again by Mr. Weasley. “Why hello, you too.” Mr. Weasley greeted.

“Hello.”, Harry and Hermione said insyncly.

“Well, pardon me while I greet my wife.” Mr. Weasley excused himself before making way to the kitchen.

Just as Mr. Weasley left the room, George and Ron entered the house. “Hello, Hello, Hello.” George greeted happily as he handed his cloak to Ron to put in the closet.

“We are in the lounge.” Hermione called out.

Ron entered the lounge first before taking a seat next to Hermione. “Hello, Hermione. Harry.” Ron greeted as he gave her a gentle kiss on the cheek. Hermione shifted uncomfortably in her seat as Harry turned his head away. George came shortly after, sitting in a chair next to Harry.

“So, George how was business today?” Harry asked.

“Well, since students are back in Hogwarts it’s not as busy.” George answered.

Mrs. Weasley entered the room. “Oh good, Ron and George you’re just in time for dinner. Dinner will be ready in five minutes. George, please go get your sister.”

“Why can’t–“

“George.”, Mrs. Weasley warned with a low dangerous voice.

“Ginny!” George called out while making his way upstairs quickly. Harry, Hermione, and Ron couldn’t help, but snicker how fast George reacted to Mrs. Weasley threat.

“That’s what I thought.” Mrs. Weasley said to herself as she walked toward the kitchen.

“I’m going to help.” Hermione proclaimed then followed Mrs. Weasley to the kitchen.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

“It’s good to have you back, Harry.” Ron said while getting off from the couch.

“It’s good to be back.” Harry said as he got off the couch and entered the dining room.

Mrs. Weasley went all out for dinner. She tossed a fresh salad for appetizer. Then Mrs. Weasley made roasted turkey with mash potatoes and gravy as the main entre and steam corn, string beans, and peas on the side.

As Harry enters the kitchen he could hear his stomach growl. Even after that wonderful big lunch with Hermione, I still seem to be hungry.

Ron’s eyes went big as he took the seat next to Hermione’s. “This looks great, mum. I can’t wait to dig in.”

Harry took the seat across from Hermione, next to Mrs. Weasley. “I always missed your cooking, Molly. That’s the reason why I came home.” Harry joked as he filled his plate with salad.

Mrs. Weasley blushed, “Oh stop it, Harry.” All of them laughed as they too began to fill their plates with salad.

“What’s the special occasion?” Ginny asked before taking a bite of her salad.

“Nothing, really just a welcome home dinner for Harry since we didn’t get the chance to last night because of his wonderful surprise.” Mrs. Weasley answered as she finished her salad.

Harry’s eyes grew. For me? “You didn’t have to Molly; I’m just back nothing really special.”

“Phish posh, Harry! You’re finally back after five years; it’s certainly something we have to celebrate. We all really did miss you. I speak for all of us when I say we thought you’ll never come back.” Mrs. Weasley protested as she began to fill her plate with turkey, mash potatoes with gravy, and steam vegetables. Harry sighed in defeat as he too began to fill his plate with the main entre.

“So, Harry what America is like?” Ron asked after swallowing down a huge spoonful of mash potatoes.

“Well, it’s huge. It’s certainly bigger than here. There is so much diversity, I can’t really describe it. They do everything opposite from us, yet still there are many things so similar.” Harry answered trying to find the perfect words to describe America as he played with this vegetables with his fork. “Enough about me. What have you guys been up to when I was gone?”

Mr. Weasley cleared his throat. “I’ve just been doing the usual. Going to work, raids, coming home to my lovely family.” Mr. Weasley answered before eating a piece of turkey. Suddenly his eyes grew open. “Oh, Hermione showed me what a wooden pencil does. Wait here, I’ll show you Harry.” Mr. Weasley got up from his seat and placed his table cloth on the table.

“Sit. Down. Arthur.” Mrs. Weasley said in a low dangerous voice while give Mr. Weasley a cold glare.

Harry tired to hold back his laugh, but failed terribly when Mr. Weasley sat back down in his chair. “It’s alright, Arthur. I already know what a wooden pencil does.”

“So George, where is Angelina?” Mrs. Weasley asked.

“She is with her parents tonight, Mum.” George answered while refilling his plate with mash potatoes.

Angelina? Fred’s Angelina? “You and Angelina?” Harry asked curiously.

George turned a little red. “Yes. We are…” George coughed before continuing, “kind of seeing each other.”

“That’s nice.” Harry flashed a gentle smile at George.

Nobody notice Mrs. Weasley leave the room until she came back with pan of pumpkin pie.

“I know this is your favorite, Harry. Let’s just hope Ron doesn’t eat it all before you get a chance to taste it.”, Mrs. Weasley teased as she began to cut the pie.

“Mum!” Ron exclaimed while grabbing two slices for himself.

Everyone just laughed and shook their heads as they began to eat their pumpkin pie.

Harry took a bite of his pie before asking, “Ginny, I heard from Hermione you play for the Holyhead Harpies.”

Ginny smiled, “Yes. Besides my broom and the harsh practices, I love it.”

“It’s great to hear that you’re living your dream.” I remember when we were dating she said she always wanted to play for the Holyhead Harpies.

“Harry, Hermione how was planning the wedding go?” Mrs. Weasley asked as she placed another slice on Harry’s plate.

Hermione coughed on her pumpkin pie before answering. “It was good. We ate a big lunch as promised then walked around London a bit.” Hermione answered.

Ron looked surprised. He glanced back and forth from Harry to Hermione. “You too spent the day together?”

“Yes, just did a little catching up with each other.” Harry said.

“We would have asked you to come, but you were working.” Hermione reassured Ron as she touched his arm gently. Ron smiled and unexpectedly kissed Hermione gently on the lips.

This is killing me. Harry’s heart tightens at the sight. Harry turned his head avoided looking at the couple and trying to hide the hurt he felt. His desire to eat another slice suddenly disappeared.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

After finishing their desserts they all entered the lounge sitting around the fire place. Everyone sat in silence, relaxing after filling their stomachs until Ron opened his mouth. “So Harry, what were the American girls like?” Ron said winking at Harry, then putting his arm around Hermione and pulling her closer to him.

“Ugh, er– I don’t know.” Harry searched for words while awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. “I haven’t dated around much when I was there.” Hermione couldn’t help but smile from his answer. “Well, there was Helena. Before you guys get any ideas we only went on a few dates, nothing serious. She was a niece of Angelo, a dear friend of mines.” George and Ron snickered in the background.

Hermione’s smile slowly faded. Jealously ran through her veins. Why am I getting upset for? Harry is my friend, no my best friend. He can do whatever he wants, he doesn’t belong to me. If he wants to snog this beautiful American girl, then so be it. Besides, I’m engaged. Hermione sat there sulking, not understand what has gotten into her.

“Speaking of Angelo, I’ll be right back.” Harry exclaimed before heading upstairs immediately.

“Before you guys get any ideas we only went on a few dates, nothing serious.” Ron mocked while George laughed harder. “Nothing serious, my arse!”

Hermione hit him square in the face. George laughing even harder, he was basically tearing up. “Well, I believe Harry. Harry wouldn’t lie.” Hermione said while glaring at Ron. I hope Harry isn’t lying. Ugh, again with this!

Shortly after, Harry arrived with presents in his hands. “Sorry your Christmas presents were a little late, but I wanted to give them to you guys in person.”

“Oh, Harry you didn’t have to.” Mrs. Weasley said as Harry handed her a red present wrapped in purple ribbon.

“I insist.” Harry said as he watch Mrs. Weasley open her present.

Mrs. Weasley was holding a knitting book with knitting needles engraved ‘Molly Weasley’. “I absolutely love it.”, Mrs. Weasley chocked out before breaking into tears and pulling Harry into a tight motherly hug.

After Molly finally let him breathe, He handed Mr. Weasley a small blue box with a red ribbon. Mr. Weasley smiled at Harry before opening his present.

“Thank you Harry, but what is it?” Mr. Weasley asked curiously as he examines the box.

“It’s called a mobile phone, but American’s call it a cell phone. It’s used to call or text others. Like a floo call or sending an owl, but without the need of an owl or fireplace. You can play games; take muggle pictures, or videos.” Harry explained. “There is a lot more you can do, just read the manual.” Harry pointed at the little book in the box.

Mr. Weasley eyes grew wide, “That’s amazing! I can’t wait to try it out!” Mrs. Weasley just rolled her eyes.

Harry turned to Ron and handed him an orange present with a red bow.

“Oh, what did you get me?” Ron asked eagerly while shaking the box. Harry just shrugged his shoulders while Ron ripped opened his present impatiently.

Ron screamed like a girl when he spotted a Chudley Cannon Jersey with his name on it and all the Chudley Cannon players’ signatures. “No way! How did you get this?”

“I knew someone who owed me a favor.” Harry answered as if it was nothing.

“Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! The best gift ever! You’re the best, mate.” Ron thanked as he gave Harry a manly hug. Hermione couldn’t help but smile at the sight.

Harry turned around and handed Ginny a long package. “Here you go, Ginny.”

“Harry, this can’t be what I think it is.”, Ginny whispered as her eyes grew big when her eye laid on the latest Frostbite 3000.

“Bloody hell, Harry. She got a new broom, and I got a piece of clothing?” Ron moped as Hermione glared at him angrily.

Ginny ignored his comment. “But– why–what–how did you know I needed one?” Ginny stumbled to find her words.

Harry just shrugged his shoulders. “I always knew you wanted to become a professional quidditch player and besides you can’t show you’re real talent if you use that old broom of yours. Finding out you needed a new broom today is just icing on the cake.”

Everybody else looked at Hermione confused. Hermione just sighed and rolled her eyes. “It’s a muggle saying meaning making a situation better than it already is.”

“Oh.”, they all mouthed.

“Thank you.” Ginny said while giving Harry a friendly hug.

Harry walked up to Hermione and handed her a big, heavy green box with a brown bow. “Here you go, Hermione.”

Hermione flashed him a gentle smile. “Seriously, Harry you didn’t have to get me anything. You finally being home means the world to me.”

Harry smiled back. “Go on, don’t just stand there open it!”

Hermione shook her head and opened the box full of books. “Harry these are remarkable I’ve never seen these kinds of books before.”

“Well, they are all from Angelo’s book shop. According to Angelo, those five novels over there are top romance novels from an American author Nicholas Sparks. The other two are about America’s history. I’ve read them myself. It’s quite interesting for such a young country to experience a lot of history.” Harry explain.

“I love it, Harry. Notebook, A Walk to Remember, Message in a Bottle, The Rescue, and A Bend in the Road. I can’t wait to read them all. Thank you.” Hermione place the books back into the box before giving Harry a tight hug and kissing him on the cheek. Harry turned a little red. He always knew what to get me.

“Last, but not least here you go George.” Harry said as he handed George a rolled up piece of parchment.

George just stood there with his mouth open in shock. “Wait a minute. Dad gets this cool muggle invention, Ron get’s a signed jersey of the Chudley Cannons, and Ginny gets a new broom. Mum gets a knitting book and needles while Hermione gets books. Come on, Harry I would of rather get Hermione’s bloody romance books than this.”

“Hey!” Hermione shouted as Harry continued to laugh.

“George open it.”, Harry pushed.

“George open it.”, George mocked as he began to read the parchment. George mouth opened in shock as he began to take in what he was reading. “Harry– this is unbelievable! I can’t believe you did this. Thanks!”

“No pro–“, Harry tried to finished before George dropped the parchment and hugged Harry tightly and kissed him on the cheek.

“I love it, Harry.” George mocked Hermione. “I can’t believe you bought us a place to expand the Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes to America!!” George exclaimed as Harry wiped off the salvia off his cheeks.

“Well, I got to go and tell Angelina the great news. Thanks again Harry. Bye everyone!” George said before he apparated out of The Burrow.

“Well, let’s call it night. Goodnight everyone.” Mrs. Weasley greeted as she and Mr. Weasley headed upstairs to bed.

“I better be calling it a night too, I got practice at the crack of dawn. Goodnight.” Ginny said while picking up her new broom and following Mr. & Mrs. Weasley upstairs.

“You coming?” Ron asked Hermione and Harry as he began to head up the stairs.

“I think I’m just going to stay here a while.” Harry said as he sat on the couch and watch the fireplace again.

“I’m just going to stay here with Harry for a while then head up to shower before I get into bed.” Hermione explained.

“Well, alright. Goodnight.” Ron said unsurely before giving Hermione a goodnight kiss on the lips and heading upstairs.

Hermione waited till Ron was up in his room before talking. “I just want to thank you again, Harry.”

“You don’t have to.” Harry said as he looked into her eyes.

Hermione stare back into those lovely emerald eyes. “I know, but the gifts you gave everyone was absolutely wonderful.” Hermione smiled before the tore her eyes away from Harry. “I guess I’m going to shower before I head to bed. Goodnight Harry.” Hermione leaned in and gave Harry another kiss on the cheek before walking upstairs.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry eyes followed Hermione as she ascended upstairs. Harry turned his eyes back into the fireplace leaving himself alone thinking about Hermione.

After all the hugs she gave me today, really showed me how much I missed her hugs while I was gone. Don’t get me started how soft her lips felt on my cheek. I had such a wonderful time with her today. I wish today would never end.

Shortly after a few more minutes by the fire, Harry too decided it was time for bed. As he was walking toward his bedroom, he bumped into someone.

“Sorry.”, they both apologized at the same time.

“Hermione?” Harry asked as she looked up at him. Her was still wet and dripping from her shower. She was wearing a large Gryffindor t-shirt with long pajama pants.

“Harry. I’m sorry I should have looked where I was going while I was trying to dry my hair.” Hermione explained.

“That’s alright. You shouldn’t have to apologize. I’m the one should be apologizing. Wait is that my old Gryffindor t-shirt?”

Hermione blushed, “Yes. I found it while washing clothes one day. I’m sorry, I’ll give it back.”

Harry put his hand out to protest. “No, it’s alright. You can keep it.”, Harry said taking no for an answer.

Hermione gave Harry a sweet smile. “Thanks Harry.” She said before turning to the room she shared with Ginny.

“And Harry.” Hermione cried out before entering her room.

“Yes.”

“I had a great time today. I hope we can do it again sometime.”

“Definitely.”

“Goodnight, Harry.”

“Goodnight, Hermione.”

Harry watched as the brown hair witched walked into her room before heading into his room himself.

Harry lay in his bed staring at the window. She is wearing my t-shirt. Harry took in a deep breath inhaling his pillow. The scent of jasmine filled his nostrils. It smells just like her.

Harry let his mind replay the today’s events replay over and over again in his mind before slowly drifting soundly asleep as he began dreaming about a specific brown bushy hair witch. Unaware that same brown bushy hair witch, in the room right across the hall, is doing the exact same thing about a particular jet black messy hair wizard.

AN: I don’t own Harry Potter, Nicholas Sparks books, or anything. I’ll be going back to school tomorrow, so please forgive me if it takes a while to update. If only I went to Hogwarts that would the only time I would be excited to go to school. Please review and I hope to be updating soon.

6. 6. Good Old Times

Things Don’t Always Go as Planned

Chapter Six: Good Old Times

AN: Thank goodness my teachers are going easy on me these first few weeks of school, so here is another update. Thanks for all the reviews and don’t forget to leave more! It encourages me to write a little bit a day when I have time. Apologizes for spelling/grammar errors.

“And Harry.” Hermione cried out before entering her room.

“Yes.”

“I had a great time today. I hope we can do it again sometime.”

“Definitely.”

“Goodnight, Harry.”

“Goodnight, Hermione.”

Harry watched as the brown hair witched walked into her room before heading into his room himself.

Harry lay in his bed staring at the window. She is wearing my t-shirt. Harry took in a deep breath inhaling his pillow. The scent of jasmine filled his nostrils. It smells just like her.

Harry let his mind replay the today’s events replay over and over again in his mind before slowly drifting soundly asleep as he began dreaming about a specific brown bushy hair witch. Unaware that same brown bushy hair witch, in the room right across the hall, is doing the exact same thing about a particular jet black messy hair wizard.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione walked into the kitchen not surprised to see Harry just finishing up cooking breakfast. They have been doing this for a week now. They would get up every morning after everyone else is gone to work and eat breakfast alone together.

Hermione sighed to herself. “Harry you’ve been cooking breakfast for the both of us all week. Tomorrow I’ll be the one who will be cooking breakfast.” Hermione demanded as she sat down.

Harry smiled. Hermione felt butterflies in her stomach at the sight. “Are you sure? I remember the food you used to cook back in the tent.” Harry teased as he place a plate full of pancakes on the table.

“Hey, in my defense Ron ate all the food supplies we had within the first few weeks so I had nothing to work with.” Hermione defended herself as Harry took the seat across from her.

Harry teasingly rolled his eyes. Hermione then playfully punched him on the arm. Both looked into each other’s eyes before laughing.

“Okay, maybe I’ll pick up a book or two today at Flourish & Blotts.”, Hermione said before breaking into another fit of laughter.

Harry soon joined her. I love his laugh. “So, Hermione what do you have planned for us today?” Harry asked before taking a bite of his pancake.

“Well, I was thi–“, Hermione began before turning her head to a certain blue-eyed ginger in his pajamas standing across the room. Harry eyes soon followed. “R–Ron, what are yo–you doing here?” Hermione asked shocked.

“Well, good morning to you too.” Ron greeted sarcastically as he took the seat next to Hermione and give her a morning kiss on the cheek. “Good morning, Harry.” Ron greeted.

“Good morning, Ron.” Harry greeted back.

“I didn’t mean it like that, Ron. I’m just surprised. I thought you left this morning with everyone else.”

“Well, George came to talk to me last night saying he had to do something today and that I could have the day off.”, Ron explained as he began to pick eat off Hermione’s plate.

“Oh.”, Hermione said flatly. Hermione sighed to herself before pushing her plate towards Ron and watching him eat her food irritated.

Her foul mood was soon interrupted by Harry placing another plate of pancakes right in front of her. He always knows how to lighten up my mood. Hermione looked at Harry gratefully, “Thanks.”.

Harry just smiled at her gently. “Its nothing.” he said before getting back to his breakfast. “It’s a good thing I cooked extras.”

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

After the three of them finished their breakfast and cleaning up the table, they decided to meet at the lounge after they freshen up.

Harry finished up first then took a seat on the couch facing the fire getting lost in his thoughts about Hermione. These times alone with her are just killing me. I just don’t know what to do but fall even deeper in love with her. Like when she smiles she lightens the whole room. The way the bites her lip when she is in deep thought. Oh, and the way her brown curls bounce when she laughs. Her cute lit–, Harry was interrupted in his thoughts when Hermione took the seat next to him.

“Hi, Harry.” Hermione greeted flashing him a sweet smile making him melt in his seat.

“Hi.”

“What are you thinking about?” Hermione asked innocently.

You.’, he thought. “Wha–what are you talking about?” Harry asked while letting out a nervous laugh.

“On my way over here, you looked like you were in deep thought.” Hermione explained.

“It’s nothing.” Harry tried to cover up.

“You know you can tell me anything, right?” Hermione assured him while placing her hand on his knee. Both of them felt jolts of electricity just ran throughout their bodies at the touch.

Harry gulped while looking at Hermione’s hand and back to her cinnamon eyes. “I know.”

Both their eyes were glued to one another until Ron came into the lounge and sat in between the two of them and broke their eye contact. Hermione quickly removed her hand from Harry’s knee and avoided eye contact. Harry did the same.

Ron cleared his throat, while glancing back and forth between Hermione and Harry. “Did I disturb anything?” Ron asked.

“No!” Hermione answered a little too quickly. “I was telling Harry that he can tell me anything, if something is bothering him.”

“Yeah.”, Harry said slowly.

Ron just shrugged his shoulders. “Oh, look at us. Just like good old times.” Ron said as he put one arm around Hermione and the other on Harry with a giant grin on his face.

“Yeah.”, both Hermione and Harry agreed forcing a smile back.

All of the sudden Ron shot up from the couch. “Harry, I forgot to tell you. While coming home last night, you would never believe who I bumped into. Come on guess?”

Harry ran his fingers through his hair. “Um, Malfoy?” Harry guessed.

Ron sighed to himself, “No, not him and I hope I never will. It was Seamus! Apparently, he owns his own pub and he heard you were finally back. He wanted to invite all four of us at his pub, along with some of our old Hogwarts friends and have our own welcome back party or like a reunion sort of thing.”

“Wait four of us?” Hermione asked.

“Ginny, as well.” Ron explained.

“Oh, that sounds wonderful! I haven’t seen any of them in years!” Hermione stated.

“I guess it would be fun.” Harry agreed.

“Oh great! Excuse me, while I go owl Seamus.” Ron said before heading back upstairs. Ron stopped just before going up the stairs, “Oh and Harry.”

Harry turned his head to face Ron, “Yes?”

“Don’t worry about the public knowing that you are back, Seamus said he would close the pub for just us tonight.” Ron assured.

“Thanks Ron.” Harry said with a friendly smile.

“No problem.” Ron said before dashing up the stairs.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

As the day soon comes to an end, Harry and Ron are waiting in the lounge for Hermione before heading to Seamus’s pub.

Ron leans back in his chair and puts his two hands behind his head. “I still can’t believe I’m getting married.”

“Neither can I.”, Harry said absentmindedly as he slowly shook his head. “If you don’t mind me asking, why set the date so soon?” Harry asked looking at Ron, hoping he wouldn’t take it personally.

Ron just shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know. Well, we’ve been together for five years. I guess why wait longer. It was bound to happen anyways, why not sooner than later.” Ron tried to answer.

Harry just nodded his head in understanding what Ron meant. Just before Harry could open his mouth, a petite brunette was walking down the stairs. Hermione was wearing a simple dark green tank-top covered by a white blazer with dark denim jeans and black ballet flats. Her brown bushy hair was pulled into a bun.

“Are you guys, ready?” Hermione asked.

“Yup!” Ron said as he got up from the chair.

Harry couldn’t take off his eyes off her. He slowly rose up from his seat keeping his eyes locked at Hermione. “Y–you lo–look ama‒amazing Hermione.” Harry stumbled over his words.

Hermione smiled at Harry before looking down at the floor. “Thanks, but I’m not wearing anything special.”

Ron threw glances between the both of them before checking his watch. “We better get going.”

“Wait, what about Ginny?” Hermione asked.

“She said she’ll meet us there.” Ron answered as he passed everyone’s cloaks before wrapping one arm around Hermione’s tiny waist.

Harry and Hermione both nodded in agreement before heading out the door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

They finally arrived at Seamus’s pub.

“Oy, Harry, Hermione, and Ron!” Seamus greeted with his strong Irish accent as he continued to fill glasses of butterbeer to go around.

Harry took the seat next to Hermione who was sitting next to Ron.

“Seamus, firewhiskey please.” Ron shouted as he raised his hand.

“Sure thing. Anybody else? What about ya Harry?” Seamus asked as he handed Ginny the last butterbeer.

“No, thank you. I’m good with butterbeer. I haven’t had one since I left.” Harry answered before taking a sip of his butterbeer.

Seamus nodded before headed back to the bar to get some firewhiskey.

“So, Harry how have you been?” Dean asked while playing with the rim of the glass of butterbeer with his finger.

“Good. What about you? What have you been doing lately?” Harry asked.

“Good as well. I’m working as a graphic designer at this muggle shop. I was planning on owning my own graphic design shop both in the muggle and wizard world.”

“I hope you live up to that dream.” Harry said sincerely.

“Me too, just like Professor Longbottom over here.” Dean said as he nudged Neville with his elbow. Harry gave Neville a questioned look as Neville turn a bit red out of embarrassment.

“I’m a Professor at Hogwarts.” Neville answered Harry’s questioned looked.

“You’re finally a Herbology Professor at Hogwarts?”

“No, not yet. I’m the Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor.”, Neville responded to his question. Harry eyes widen a bit. If I’m not wrong, Neville wasn’t the best in that class. “But as soon as Professor Sprout decides to retire, I’m first in line for the position.” Neville continued.

“That sounds like wonderful news, Neville.” Harry said just before Seamus came back with firewhiskey.

As Seamus handed Ron’s firewhiskey, he notice the diamond rock on Hermione’s left finger and smiled. “Congratulations, Hermione. I can’t believe Potter finally popped the question.”

Hermione nearly dropped the butterbeer in her hands as Ron spitted out his firewhiskey and Harry froze up.

Hermione gulped. “I…I’m not engaged to Harry, Seamus. I’m enga‒”, Hermione was soon cut off by Seamus laughing out loud.

“I know, Hermione. I know that Weasley and you are engaged. But that look on all three of your faces.” Seamus said while laughing.

Harry laughed nervously before taking a sip of his butterbeer.

“Sod off, Finnigan.” Ron said while rolling his eyes and gulping down this firewhiskey while made flipping Seamus off. Seamus laughed louder and harder.

“Oh my gosh, Hermione I totally forgot. We so need to talk about details!!!” Lavender screamed as all the girls soon to gather up on one side of the table.

Hermione gave Harry a worried look and mouthed ‘Help me!’. Harry just smiled at her before paying attention to his drink than what the guys were talking about.

As soon as Harry noticed his drink was empty he used it as an excuse to escape for a while. “Um, I’m just going to get another glass of butterbeer. Anyone want anything while I’m gone?” Harry said while pointing to the bar with his thumb.

“No.”, all of them said at the same time sound more drunk by the minute.

As Harry arrived at the bar, he notices a pretty blonde sitting alone by herself.

“Hi, Luna.” he greeted as he took a seat next to her.

“Why hello, Harry.” she greeted back while looking around the pub with a dreamy look in her silver gray eyes.

“So how is The Quibbler?”

“Fantastic, I just got promoted to writing the ‘Dear Loony’ column.”

“Promoted?”

“Harry, you aren’t the only one who doesn’t want special treatment. Plus, I want to be just like my father‒I want to work hard to get what I want.”

“I understand. Why are you with the girls?” Harry asked.

“I don’t feel like talking about those stuff and why aren’t you with the boys?”

“Same reason here, I don’t feel like talking about those stuff either. So have you seen any nargles lately?” Harry laughed at the thought he still remembered the mythical creatures she use to tell him about back in Hogwarts.

“No, besides adflictuses have been following me around lately and by the looks of it they are following you too.” Luna said as she began to play with the water ring left on the counter from her butterbeer. Harry took a sip of his butterbeer as an awkward silence fell between the both of them.

“So, Hermione huh?” Luna said as she decided to break the silence and continued to play with the water ring. Harry coughed out his butterbeer. Luna just laughed and passed him a napkin to clean up the mess.

“Wh‒what are you talking about?” Harry asked as he looked at Luna trying to find answers through her dreamy expression.

“Come on, Harry. I know I’m Loony, but I’m not draft. Remember I wasn’t in Ravenclaw for nothing.”

Harry sighed to himself and looked straight at her silvery gray eyes. “Is it that obvious?” he asked.

“No, not at all. I see the way you look at her. It’s the same look I do when I’m looking at‒” Luna stole a glance at a certain red head with blue dreamy eyes, just quick enough that Harry wouldn’t notice. “I know how it feels like, Harry to love someone so much that it hurts‒that you don’t know what to do but fall deeper in love with them. But that someone is in love with someone else.”

Harry was shock that all that deep talk was coming from Luna Lovegood, the girl who was called “Loony Lovegood”. He saw a single tear fall from her cheek. Before Harry could open his mouth, Luna cut him off as she checked her watch, “Well, I better get going. I got to be at The Quibbler bright and early tomorrow. Goodbye Harry. It was nice talking to you.” Her expression returned to that dreamy look.

“Goodbye Luna. It was nice talking and seeing you again.” Harry said goodbye before kissing Luna on the cheek.

“And Harry?” Luna said as she got up from her seat.

“Yes?”

“Don’t worry. It would be our little secret.” she whispered into his ear before she said her goodbyes and left skipping out of the door.

Our little secret.’ Harry repeated in his head.

Shortly, after Luna left many others began to follow her. They made sure that everyone got home safely and all agreed they should do this again in the future. Hermione and Harry (Ron too, but he passed out) helped Seamus to clean up before leaving to The Burrow.

After putting Ron in his bed, Harry laid in his bed thinking who would steal sweet, innocent, Luna’s heart oblivious to the thought it was always been his ginger best friend knocked out asleep in the room next to his.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Thanks for the long wait. I hope you all enjoyed it. I know you guys want to hit me on the head because Hr/R are still together, but remember all good things happen to those who wait. Believe me, H/Hr will be together sooner than you think and it would be worth your wait. I don’t know when the next update would be, but hopefully it’s soon. Don’t forget to review!

7. 7. Why You Out of All People?

Things Don’t Always Go as Planned

Chapter Seven: Why You Out of All People?

AN: Here is another update! Sorry, it’s taking a little long for this story to get moving. Please be patient with me, there is just some things I plan to add to the story, before the exciting parts.

“Don’t worry. It would be our little secret.” she whispered into his ear before she said her goodbyes and left skipping out of the door.

‘Our little secret.’ Harry repeated in his head.

Shortly, after Luna left many others began to follow her. They made sure that everyone got home safely and all agreed they should do this again in the future. Hermione and Harry (Ron too, but he passed out) helped Seamus to clean up before leaving to The Burrow.

After putting Ron in his bed, Harry laid in his bed thinking who would steal sweet, innocent, Luna’s heart oblivious to the thought it was always been his ginger best friend knocked out asleep in the room next to his.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione woke up bright and early the very next day. She took a quick shower before making her bed. As Hermione was fixing her sheets she heard a tap on the window. Hermione rolled her eyes to herself and continued to fix her sheets. It must be Ginny coming back from Draco’s. Then the tap on the window continued again.

“Ginny you know you could just apparate into the room.” Hermione said irritated as she threw her sheets on her bed and turned around to open the window.

To her surprise it wasn’t Ginny, it was Chane with a letter from her mum. “Oh Chane, I’m sorry I thought you were Ginny.” Hermione apologized to her light brown burrow owl. Hermione detached the letter from his foot then started to pet his head as she began to read the letter.

Dear Hermione,

It’s so good to hear from you, dear. I think it’s so sweet Harry cooks breakfast for the both of you every morning. I think it’s even sweeter you want to make breakfast for him in return. So here is the famous recipe for my homemade chocolate chip pancakes.

55g Tablespoon of unsalted butter

240mL Whole, 2%, or 1% fat milk

280g Flour

12g Sugar

16g Baking powder

3g Salt

2 Eggs

168g Semisweet chocolate chips

Butter for cooking

In a small saucepan, combine the butter and milk. Place over on low until warm and the butter is melted. Let cool slightly. In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well.

In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork. Whisk in the milk mixture. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until barely blended. Add the chocolate chips and mix.

Heat a griddle or large skillet on medium. Add a little butter and melt until bubbly. Ladle the batter for each pancake onto hot surface and cook until bubbly on the top and golden brown on the bottom. Turn and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 30 seconds more. Repeat for the rest of the batter. Remember to serve while hot.

Oh sweetie I wish I could help you out, but your father and I are needed at the office. I can’t wait to hear all about the breakfast. You should owl your father and I more often, we miss you dearly. We surely can’t wait to see you at the wedding. Don’t forget to stop by before the wedding.

Love always,

Mum

Hermione smiled after reading the letter. She quickly made her bed before bringing the letter with the recipe to try it out. On her way downstairs she bumped into someone causing her to fall on her butt.

“Ouch.”, Hermione said as she rubbed her forehead with one hand and her bottom with the other as she got up. “George?”

“Hermione?” he replied rubbing his forehead and bottom as well.

“What are you doing here, yet alone at this hour?”

“Well, Angelina and I have some great news we want to share with all of you. But more importantly, I should be asking you the same question.” George answered with a smirk.

“I‒I couldn’t sleep.” Hermione lied.

“Oh, if you don’t have anything else to do, could you help Angelina in the kitchen and help whip up some eggs?”

“Eggs?” Hermione asked.

“Yes, is there a problem?” George asked as his smirk grew.

“No.”, Hermione answered before heading to the kitchen.

“Good morning, Hermione. Why up so early?” Angelina greeted as she flipped her last batch of pancakes.

“Couldn’t sleep.” Hermione answered as she looked around for the eggs in the refrigerator. “And George sent me to help cook eggs.”

“They’re over there.” Angelina said pointing to the top shelf in the refrigerator.

“Thanks.”, Hermione said quietly as she took a dozen of eggs.

“No problem. I’ll just be setting the table, if you need any help just call.” Angelina said before heading toward the dining room.

Hermione set a bowl on the table and took an egg. She hit the egg lightly on the side of the bowl and not a single scratch was made on the egg. Hermione took a deep breath. Okay let’s try this again. This time she hit the egg hard against the side of the bowl causing the egg to break and making a huge mess. Hermione panicked and tried to quickly remove the egg shells.

“I saw that.” a familiar voice came behind Hermione, causing her to jump.

“Harry, don’t scare me like that.” Hermione said. “By the way, why are you up so early?”

“Sorry, I wanted to see if you needed help making breakfast for the two of us.”

“Well, I wouldn’t be making breakfast for the two of us, if you helped out wouldn’t it?” Hermione said cheekily as she tried to lightly crack another egg and failed miserably.

Harry took the egg from her hand, “Hermione, the trick is to not hit the egg against the bowl too soft or too hard. You need to hit it with just the right amount of force to crack the egg, not mash it.”, and demonstrated perfectly cracking the egg into the bowl.

Hermione took in what Harry said and finally cracked the egg flawlessly. “I did it, Harry!” she said as she smiled at him and he smiled back.

She continued to crack the rest of the eggs into the bowl. Then she began to stir the eggs and add salt and pepper.

“Hermione, do you really know how to cook eggs?” Harry asked as he watched her stir the eggs.

“Yes, I’ve been cooking myself eggs for years now. Why do you ask?” she said as she raised her eyebrows in curiosity.

“It’s just that you whisk eggs not stir.”

“Whisk, stir what’s the difference?”

“Whisking is like stirring, but vertically and you whisk toward yourself. Here”, Harry said as he stood behind her and took hold of her hand to show her how to whisk properly.

Hermione felt a jolt of electricity throughout her body at his touch. With that touch, her mind went blank all she could think about is Harry’s toned body was touching hers. She could hear her heart beat hum loudly. She could feel the warm sensation of his breath on her side of her neck causing her to grow chicken skin all over.

“And there you go, it’s done.” Harry whispered into her ear, causing Hermione to melt into his arms.

“Harry!” Angelina called out as she entered the kitchen as Harry quickly removed himself from Hermione. “Oh, um George is calling for you.” Angelina said as she eyed the two suspiciously.

“Okay, I’ll be right there.” Harry said.

It took Hermione a while to take in everything, before she realized that the wonderful sensation left her body. “Thanks.”, Hermione said as she began to pour the egg mixture onto the pan.

“No problem.” with that Harry left the kitchen and went to look for George.

“Do you need any help?” Angelina asked.

“No. I’m just about done.” Hermione said as she moved the scrambled eggs onto a plate and headed for the dining room.

George was pounding a wooden spoon on some pots and pan going around the table.

Shortly afterwards, Mrs. Weasley came rushing down the stairs. “What in the name of Merlin is going on here?” she said while she scowled directly at George.

Mr. Weasley came shortly after his wife. “Good morning George.” he said while trying to calm his wife down.

“What in the world is happening?” Ginny asked as she came behind from Mr. Weasley.

“Good morning, mum, dad, and Ginny.” George said timidly . “I have some wonderful news and‒um look, I made breakfast.” George said gesturing toward the dining table.

“That’s very sweet of you George, but what is this wonderful news that you have to awfully wake up everybody?” Mrs. Weasley asked as she took a seat.

“I want to‒”

“BLOODY HELL!!! WHO IN THE RIGHT MIND‒ Oh breakfast.”, Ron interrupted as he entered the dining room then taking a seat next to Hermione.

“Now, that everyone is here.” George continued. “I just want to say expanding Weasley Wizard Wheeze is officially going to open in America!”

“Wonderful news, dear!” Mrs. Weasley got up from her seat to kiss her son on the cheek.

“Thanks mum, but Angelina, Ron, and I still need to do things before the grand opening.”

“Me?” Ron asked surprised.

“Yes you! Angelina and I would like you to come to America and help out for a week about a month from now.”

Hermione got up from her chair. “Did you just say about a month from now?”

George nodded his head.

“Ron, you can’t go!” Hermione stated.

“And why not?” Ron said taken back at Hermione’s comment.

Hermione turned to Ron. “Ron that is the same week we planned to attend my cousin Daisy’s wedding. Can’t you guys go to America a different week?”

“Sorry, Hermione but that was the earliest we could get an international portkey to America.”, George apologized. “But if you really don’t want to go by yourself, you should just bring Harry with you.”, George suggested.

Why hadn’t I thought about that before? Hermione face just lit up. “What a brilliant idea! Harry, would you accompany me?”, Hermione asked Harry with a pleading look.

“Um, ugh…”, Harry cleared his throat before continuing, “I don’t think it’s a good idea.”

Hermione opened her mouth, quickly close it, and then opening it again. “Why not?”, Hermione asked.

“I have to agree with, Harry.”, Ron said.

Hermione was just about to yell at Ron, but then thought of a better idea to get both Harry and Ron to agree with her. “Fine, I guess I just have to dance with a random bloke at the wedding. I think Marc, from primary school is attending.”, Hermione said with a dramatic sigh in the end.

“You know what, I think it’s a great idea that Harry should accompany you at the wedding.”, Ron said.

Hermione smiled that her plan worked on Ron. Hermione looked at Harry with hopeful eyes.

“Will you Harry, for me?”, Ron asked.

“I don’t know.”

Hermione tilted her head to the side and look at Harry with pleading eyes, “Please Harry, for me?”

Harry sighed to himself, “Okay, I’ll go.”.

With that answer Hermione couldn’t help but hug her two best friends and rushed upstairs to send a letter to her mum of the change of plans.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Dear Angelo,

How have you been doing? I know I haven’t been writing lately, it’s just I’ve been so busy lately. I hope you understand. As for me, things aren’t going too well. How can things get anymore worst for me? It’s getting harder and harder to watch Ron and Hermione. Knowing that their wedding is coming very soon isn’t helping at all. Spending time with her alone is just giving me false hope.

Today, I helped her make breakfast. I held her in my arms while I was teaching her how to whisk properly. Angelo, having her in my arms felt so right. I didn’t have the heart to let her go. It was like she was meant to be in my arms. Not to mention, I’m going to spend a whole week alone with her when we go to her cousin’s wedding in about a month. How can I keep up with this, Angelo? The more I spend time with her, the more I get hurt. But I can’t live without her either.

Needing your advice,

Harry

Harry reread his letter to Angelo before setting it aside. Harry lay on his bed and recalled the morning events. He smiled to himself as he replayed the events in mind. That moment never felt more perfect than when she was in my arms. I knew it was a risky move, but I’m just glad she didn’t pull away.

While thinking about Hermione, Harry couldn’t help his mind wonder how he got himself into this situation. It’s harder enough being in the same house with her, yet alone spending a whole week just the two of us. But then again, how could I say no to her when she gives me that cute look when she wants something from me.

Harry turned over on his side causing him to face a picture of Harry and Hermione back in Hogwarts. Harry opened his mouth to speak to Hermione in the picture, “Why out of all the girls in this world, it is you who has my heart? You out of all people. You, Hermione Jean Granger, engaged to my best friend but my heart still lingers for you. Even trying to get over you for five years, my heart refuses to listen and beats harder at the sight of you.”

Before Harry could take in what he just said, he answered his question himself. “It’s because you’re my best friend. You knew, you believed, you accepted me, the real me, before anybody else did or would. You know be better than anyone else. You inspire me to become a better person. I will carry with you forever in my heart, no matter what happens I will always love you, Hermione Jean Granger, and nothing will ever change that.”

With that said Harry remembered the day he knew he finally fell for Hermione.

It was when they were hunting for horcruxes and the day after Ron left. After cooling down a bit, Harry finally understood why Ron left. If he had a family, he would want to go home and make sure they were safe instead of going nowhere trying to find the horcruxes they had no clue where to find. That was the whole reason why he didn’t want Ron or Hermione to come with him in the first place, but being Hermione she refused for him to go alone.

It was Harry turn to take watch of the tent; he was sitting outside lost in his thoughts while Hermione was making tea and doing more research about possible locations where the horcruxes might be. He knew people were dying in this war, for him. He didn’t ask for those people to risk their lives for him. Then, he thought of the one person with no doubt would die for him‒Hermione. He couldn’t even bear the thought of her being dead. Harry remembered when Hermione almost died back in fifth year in the Ministry. He shuddered at the thought.

And then there was Ginny, he didn’t know how he would feel if she was dead. He didn’t even know if his feelings for her still remained. But there was no doubt in his mind; he wouldn’t be able to live without Hermione.

That very night, Harry woke up in the middle of the night screaming Hermione’s name over and over again. The scene of Hermione getting hit by Antonin Dolohov’s cruse played again and again in his nightmare.

Hermione shook Harry awake, “Harry, Harry! I’m here. I’m fine.”

Harry sat up covered in cold sweat, “Sorry, Hermione.” he apologized.

“There is no need to apologize. What happen? Was it another dream about Voldemort?” she asked as she holds a candle between them. Harry could see her eyes red and puffy due to her crying about Ron.

“No, it was you getting hit by Dolohov’s cruse back at the Ministry in fifth year.”

“It’s okay, Harry. I’m here. I’m safe. Now go back to sleep.” she said as she took a hold of Harry’s hand to reassure him she was okay.

In that moment seeing Hermione’s eyes red and puffy because of Ron made Harry angry at Ron for making Hermione cry, but it also make him want Ron to return so he could see Hermione smile again. Right there and then, Harry knew he is truly in love with Hermione because all what mattered to him was her happiness, even if it meant that Ron was her happiness, not him. There was a special place in his heart that will and always will be Hermione, that no one, not even Ginny would change that.

Harry got up from his bed, and decided to ask Hermione if he could borrow Chane to send the letter to Angelo. Judging by how long he was lost in his thoughts about Hermione, that Chane would be back from sending that letter to Hermione’s parents.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione was sitting on her bed trying to read one of the books she received from Harry while she was still waiting for Chane to come back from her mum’s. Hermione had to read the same page for the fifth time because her mind would drift back to the feeling of being in Harry’s arms. She couldn’t help but smile at the thought. Wait, stop! You shouldn’t be thinking about this. When she heard a knock on her door, “Come in.”, she called out.

She was surprised to see a certain black hair bloke to enter the room with a piece of parchment in his hand. “Harry, what are you doing here?”

“I was wondering if I could borrow Chane to send this letter to Angelo.” Harry asked.

“Oh, that’s perfectly fine with me, but Chane hasn’t came back from my mum’s but as soon as he comes back you’re welcome to use him anytime.”, she said while getting up from her bed and putting the book away in the shelf.

“Okay, thanks Hermione.”

“No problem, Harry. I just want to thank you for accompanying me at my cousin’s wedding.” Hermione said sincerely getting lost into his dreamy beautiful green eyes.

“There is no need to thank me.”, Harry said.

“No, really Harry thank you.” Hermione said as she took a gray coat from the closet and put it on.

“Where are you going?” Harry asked.

“I was planning to go for a walk.”

“Do you mind if I join you?” Harry asked as he waited for answer. “You know, if you want to be alone I understand.”

“No. I would love for you to join me.”, Hermione said as she smiled at Harry.

Hermione waited for Harry outside the burrow, as he went to retrieve his coat from his room. Shortly, after Harry joined her outside and they begin to walk together around the burrow.

“Harry, did it ever snow in America like it does here?” Hermione asked trying to start a conservation as they walk around in the snow.

“Yes, it does snow, but where I was living, no. It would just get really cold.”

Hermione nodded her head. “Harry, I told you about my plans when everything is settled. What are your plans?”

“I’m not so sure. I plan moving out of the Burrow and find a place for myself. I know I said I didn’t want to step foot at Grimmauld Place again after Sirius died, but I’ve been thinking of renovating it. Anyways, Sirius did give it to me I think it would hurt his feelings if I didn’t accept his request.” Harry answered looking at Hermione as he spoke.

Hermione understood what he meant. “That’s good to hear, Harry. What do you plan on doing after that is done?”

“I haven’t really thought what I plan doing after finally coming home. I think I would like to work at the Ministry as well, maybe as an auror.” Harry said really giving his future some thought.

Hermione smiled to herself. “I couldn’t think of anyone better for the job than you.” she said as she watched a smile appear on his face as well.

They continue to walk together in silence, when a snowball out of nowhere hit Harry right in the face. Hermione tried to hold a laugh, but failed miserably.

“And why are you laughing?” Harry asked while wiping some snow off his face.

“You should have seen your face Harry.” Hermione tried to answered through her fit of laugher.

“What is like that?” Harry asked before throwing a snowball at Hermione face and burst out laughing as well.

“Harry! You did not just hit me!” Hermione said shocked as she wiped the snow off her face.

“Oh, I think I just did.” he said cheekily.

“You will pay for that Potter!” Hermione said as she grab a hand full of snow and began to make a snowball.

Harry did the same, “So, what are you going to do about it, Granger?” he challenged her.

“This.” She said as she threw a snow ball at Harry and hit his shoulder.

The two got into a snowball fight until things got out of control and they started tackling each other in the snow laughing.

Hermione finally pinned Harry down on the ground, “Somebody all the Daily Prophet Harry Potter lost to a girl.” Hermione teased happily. Catching her off guard, Harry swiftly in one motion pinned Hermione on the ground, “I don’t think so.”, he said cheekily.

Neither of them said anything after that. Hermione looked at Harry’s green gorgeous eyes, and Harry was doing the same. Hermione could feel his warm breath on her face; she couldn’t help but feel this warm sensation beginning to grow in her stomach. Hermione’s eyes followed glance down at his lips then back into his dark emerald eyes. When Hermione looked back up at Harry as their eyes locked. Everything slipped out of Hermione’s mind about Ron, the engagement, the wedding coming up, all Hermione knew was she wanted Harry lips on hers. Hermione just prepared herself as she watched Harry slowly beginning to close the gap between them. Just before their lips could brush, they both heard little pair of legs coming toward them.

Harry quickly got up from Hermione and offered a hand to help her up. Hermione and Harry dust some snow off them when a little blonde Victoire Weasley began to run towards them. “Don’t worry, Harry. It’s just Bill’s and Fleur’s daughter Victoire.” Hermione said.

“Aunty Mia! I’m so sorry for hitting that man.”, the little four years old apologized and a little scared of Harry.

“Oh, Vicky. It’s alright, this man is your Uncle Harry.”, Hermione reassured Victoire as she introduced Harry.

“Hello, I’m Uncle Harry. It’s alright I’m okay.” Harry reassured the little blonde girl.

“Hi, I’m Vicky.” Victoire introduced herself while shaking Harry’s hand smiling.

“Vicky, is your parents here with your little sister Dominique?” Hermione asked.

“Yes. I guess I’ll see you later Aunty Mia.”, Victoire answered before running back to the Burrow.

When Victoire was finally a good distance Harry rubbed the back of his neck, “About what just hap‒”, Harry tried to explain.

“Harry, I think we should be heading back. I think Chane is back so you can send that letter to Angelo.” Hermione quickly changed the subject not wanting to talk about what just happened.

“Yeah.”, Harry said before the two of them walked together back to the Burrow in awkward silence.

After saying their hellos and lunch, Hermione quickly excused herself and went into her room. Hermione started to pace around in her room. What the bloody hell just happened? I think I’m going completely mental. There has to be a logical explanation of what just happened.

Hermione just sat at the edge of her bed. I know, we were just caught up in the moment. After trying to convince herself what happened, Hermione tried to continue reading.

After reading the same page for the tenth time, Hermione decided to put the book away and think of something else to do. As Hermione was brainstorming what she should do, then her brain would vividly replay her and Harry’s almost kiss. Hermione caught herself smiling so she bit her lip to keep her from smiling. This isn’t right! I’m engage! Hermione began to think of Harry again, this time Hermione noticed if she bit her lip any harder she would create a hole right through her lip.

Hermione finally gave up and plopped on to her bed and screamed into her pillow. Hermione stayed in this position till it was time to eat dinner. After eating, and avoiding Harry’s eye contact she quickly went back into her room and lied flat on her flat staring at the ceiling. Why does Harry make me feel this way? Out of all the people who could possibly make me feel this way, it had to be Harry Bloody Potter. And why now?

Hermione got up from her bed and quickly got ready for bed, trying to avoid Harry as much as possible for now. She got into her bed. “Maybe it’s just go away. Just like how these feeling appeared out of nowhere, hopefully, no these feelings they will disappear.”, Hermione said trying to convince herself before falling into a restless night sleep with dream full of a jet-black hair, emerald eyed wizard.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Talk about being in denial! Finally, Hermione is starting to feel something!! I’m hoping you enjoyed some of the H/Hr moments, and hopfully those would make up for taking so long to get this story moving. I hoped you guys liked this update. I’m so sorry I didn’t update sooner, last week was mid-terms, so yeah. I literally locked myself in my room and wrote more than half of this today instead of doing my homework, but that isn’t due till Tuesday anyways. Don’t forget to REVIEW! Until next time…

8. 8. We Need to Talk

Things Don’t Always Go as Planned

Chapter Eight: We Need to Talk

AN: Hey guys! Sorry it’s been a while, busy high school life got in the way. Please enjoy and don’t forget to review!!

Hermione finally gave up and plopped on to her bed and screamed into her pillow. Hermione stayed in this position till it was time to eat dinner. After eating, and avoiding Harry’s eye contact she quickly went back into her room and lied flat on her flat staring at the ceiling. Why does Harry make me feel this way? Out of all the people who could possibly make me feel this way, it had to be Harry Bloody Potter. And why now?

Hermione got up from her bed and quickly got ready for bed, trying to avoid Harry as much as possible for now. She got into her bed. “Maybe it’s just go away. Just like how these feeling appeared out of nowhere, hopefully, no these feelings they will disappear.”, Hermione said trying to convince herself before falling into a restless night sleep with dream full of a jet-black hair, emerald eyed wizard.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione has been avoiding Harry as much as possible for two weeks now since the incident. She’s locked up in her room doing nothing but boring herself to death. So far, Hermione has read all the books she had received from Harry, twice. Not to mention, she even got some of the wedding plans done.

Even though she has been interacting with everyone else, she hadn’t felt this lonely since Harry left.

As Hermione lay on her bed, she began to grow tired of reading Hogwarts, A History the second time today. So she decided to push the book on the side as she rested her head on the hook of her arm. To think, that this “feeling” would go away by now. All this “feeling” has done is just grow stronger and stronger with each day.

“I need to clear up my mind. I need to go take a shower.” Hermione said as she bolted up from her bed. She made sure she looked down the hall to see if Harry was anywhere in sight, before making her way to the bathroom.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

After the incident, Harry immediately owled Angelo telling him what happened and asking advice on what to do. As Harry was waiting for Angelo’s advice, he did what he does the best–blame himself for what happened and for ruining years of friendship.

Immediately after Harry sent the letter, he quickly got a response from Angelo saying that if Harry truly wanted to continue the relationship he needed to talk to Hermione about what happened and he shouldn’t be blaming himself for what happened. Harry knew Angelo was right but knowing Hermione, he knew that she would need a little of space before discussing what exactly happened.

While Hermione was locked up in her room trying to avoid Harry as much as possible, Harry was taking walks to clear his mind and to give Hermione some space. Harry would be so lost in his thoughts while he went go for his walks that he would not remember his way back to the Burrow and would have to apparate back.

As Harry was on his usually walk today, he kept repeating the incident in head over and over again. How could I be so stupid! Everything was going great, I until I screwed this up. Not to bloody mention she is engaged! I need to go talk to her today. I terribly miss her. I know that she needs space, but each day I put off talking to her, I feel like she is slipping away. In that moment Harry realized that he needed to talk to Hermione now. Harry quickly stop and apparated back to the Burrow.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione finished her shower. She wiped off the fog off the mirror then checking herself before heading back to the room. The shower did help a little bit, but not so much. She sighed to herself before opening the door of the bathroom to see Harry just about to enter his room.

The sight of Harry took her breath away; she could hear her heart pounding a tremulous pace. What should I do? What should I do? Should I stay here or should I just walk right pass him? Before Hermione could decide, Harry already saw her. It was too late.

“Hermione?” Harry asked as he cornered Hermione.

Hermione silently cursed herself for not checking if the coast was clear before leaving the bathroom. “Yes?” Hermione answered not making eye contact.

“Hermione, we need to talk.” Harry said firmly.

“Well, you see um I got to do something–in my room. Yes, in my room. If you would just excuse me.”, Hermione said looking everywhere, but into Harry’s eyes. As Hermione tried to get pass Harry, she felt him grab her wrist causing her to turn around and look at him. She felt like he was staring into her soul.

“Please.”, Harry begged.

Hermione closed her eyes and sighed in defeat. He’s right; we need to talk about this. We have been avoiding each other way too long. She looked into his deep emerald eyes that have been haunting her in her dreams every night, and said “Okay.”

With that said and done, Harry and Hermione went inside Harry’s room. As she entered Harry’s room she took a seat at the edge of Harry’s bed while Harry closed the door for privacy before making his way next to Hermione.

“About what happened two weeks ago, I’m sorry I should have never done that–it was stupid.” Harry began. It hurt her to make Harry think it was his entire fault, and that facts that she was avoiding him this whole week cause her to feel guiltier. Just as Hermione was going to say something, Harry cut her off. “I know that things are awkward between us, but–“, Harry said now turning to face her and hold both her hands before continuing, “I don’t want to lose you, it was a stupid mistake and I don’t know what gotten over me.”

Hermione felt like she just got hit by a bus of guilt, it was killing her. Hermione just quickly got off from the bed, her back was facing against Harry. “Harry, let’s just forget about it. We were just caught up in the moment. It was nothing.”

Hermione lowers her head, her back still facing Harry. “And if we are to blame someone for why we are like this right now, it should be me.”, Hermione continued. Even though she hated to admit it, but she has been trying to avoid Harry as if he was a flesh eating disease.

Harry got up and placed his hands on her shoulders. “It wasn’t your fault.” Harry reassured her.

“Yes it is. It was stupid of me to avoid you. Here I am asking you to never leave me again, and I go and avoid you. We are suppose to be best friends, tell each other everything, talk with each other if something is bothering one of us. What kind of best friend am I?” Hermione said while tears falling freely from her face.

Harry stood right in front of her and lifted her face with his finger. He stared into her beautiful brown eyes. “You are the most amazing best friend I could ever ask for. If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be here today.” Harry said before pulling her into a tight embrace.

They stayed like this for a while. Just before breaking apart, Hermione looked at Harry. “Thanks Harry.”

Harry and Hermione made their way back onto the edge of the bed, Hermione resting her head on Harry’s shoulders. “I missed you Harry.” Hermione said. Merlin knows how much I missed you Harry. “I missed you too, Hermione.” Harry replied back.

Shortly, Ron came bursting into the door causing Harry and Hermione to quickly break apart. “Harry have you seen Her–“, Ron asked shock to find Hermione in Harry’s room.

“Ron!” Hermione said shockingly.

“Hermione.”, Ron said suspiciously.

“You asked for me?”

“Yes, I want to take you out for lunch on Valentine’s Day on my lunch break to make up for not being able to come to Daisy’s wedding. Maybe at the Three Broomsticks? And maybe afterward we can do the wedding dress fitting that my mother keeps bugging me to go with you?”

“No, it’s alright Ron. You would probably be busy and besides Harry just got back from America I don’t want to leave him alone.”

“I’m pretty sure; Harry can stand a day with you Hermione. Right Harry?” Ron said looking at Harry expectantly.

“Um, yeah. Don’t worry about me Hermione; I think I got plans of my own that day.” Harry said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

Ron smiled. “Then it’s settled then.” Ron said before giving Hermione a quick kiss on the lips and then leaving the room.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

AN: Sorry guys it’s been so long! I know this was a short update; hopefully the next one is longer. I’ll try to update within a week, but no promises. I know you guys can’t wait for the wedding only one more chapter left before wedding week for sure, so keep on reading! Apologies for spelling/grammar errors. If you guys know a beta willing to read this story, please let me know. Thank you for all your reviews! Please don’t forget to review!

9. 9. Valentine's Day

Things Don’t Always Go as Planned

Chapter Nine: Valentine’s Day

AN: I know, I know I said I was suppose to update last week, but I got so busy. In the bright side, I finally got this longer chapter done and on to the exciting part (:

“I’m pretty sure; Harry can stand a day with you Hermione. Right Harry?” Ron said looking at Harry expectantly.

“Um, yeah. Don’t worry about me Hermione; I think I got plans of my own that day.” Harry said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

Ron smiled. “Then it’s settled then.” Ron said before giving Hermione a quick kiss on the lips and then leaving the room.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione woke up bright and early that morning to get ready for her and Ron’s lunch date at the Three Broomsticks. She decided to pin her hair up and wear a simple red dress under her big coat.

Before Hermione was going to head to Hogsmeade, she knocked on Harry’s door. I know he said he had plans, but maybe he would like to come with me. With no answer, Hermione decided to knock on the door again. Again, no answer. This time Hermione slowly opened the door, “Harry?”. Disappointed, Harry was no where insight. What’s wrong with me? Hermione pushed her disappointed feeling aside and apparated to Hogsmeade alone.

Arriving at Hogsmeade, Hermione checked her wristed watch. She still had thirty minutes till her scheduled lunch date with Ron. Maybe I will go to Tomes and Scrolls, and maybe that would cheer me up a little while I’m waiting for Ron.

As Hermione was making her way to Tomes and Scrolls she passed by Madam Puddifoot’s Tea Shop. She smiled to herself seeing all the Hogwarts young couples, remembering Harry calling the shop “the haunt of happy couples”. Her smile quickly faded away at the thought of Harry.

“I really need to stop thinking of Harry.”, Hermione said to herself as she continued to make her way to Tomes and Scrolls refusing to let the familiar surroundings and old memories cause her to think and long for Harry.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Ron sighed in relief he finally got the last Hogwarts student out of the shop just before his Valentine’s lunch date with Hermione. Today was a very busy day; young couples came into the shop buying items for their Valentine’s or buying things to play tricks on their fellow classmates. Ron quickly glanced at the clock and was happy that he only had five minutes left. Quickly straightening around the shop before closing the shop for lunch he heard a bell on the door ring from a customer coming in.

“Sorry, we are closed for lunch. Please come back in an hour or so.”, Ron said irritated as he placed the product back on the shelf where it belong facing his back against the customer.

“I’m sorry”, the customer apologized with a familiar voice. Ron quickly turned around to see who was this customer was.

Ron’s blue eyes was set upon a certain sliver gray eyed blonde witch. “Luna?”, Ron asked shock to find her in the shop.

“I’m sorry to bother you; I was just looking for George. I was supposed to meet up with him about the ad he wanted to advertise in The Quibbler.”, Luna explained avoiding his beautiful blue eyes that makes her heart skip a beat.

“There is no need to apologize. If you are looking for George, you just missed him. He and Angelina went out for lunch.”

“Oh, that’s a shame I wanted to do the ad today. I’ve been busy lately at work and this was the only time was available to come over. I guess I’ll just see you around, bye.”, Luna said before rushing towards the door.

As Luna was just about to turn around a leave, she felt someone grab her arm and twist her body to face a certain blue eyed red head she had been trying to avoid looking at since she arrived.

“No, don’t leave Luna.”, Ron said. Luna looked at him disbelievingly. Is he really asking me to stay? Ron cleared his throat. “I–I mean you don’t have to leave. I could help you out with the ad if you wanted me to.”, Ron said rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

Luna had to take a moment to let the words that came out of his mouth to really sink in. Finally, realizing that Ron was staring at her waiting for an answer she shook her head. “No. It–it’s alright really. Besides, you probably have plans with Hermione.”

“I have nothing planned today.”, Ron said totally forgetting the lunch date with Hermione. Luna looked at him like he had a Snorkack as a head. It’s Valentine’s Day and he doesn’t have plans? “So how about that ad, eh?”, Ron said pointing towards the back of the shop.

Luna hesitated for a moment, then finally gave in and smiled at Ron before walking towards the back of the shop.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione was seating alone in the Three Broomsticks. Hermione was tapping her fingers against the table as she waited for Ron. She checked her watch for the fourth time since she came and sat down near the window. He is 20 minutes late. Hermione looked out the window to see if he was coming, no where insight.

She sighed to herself lightly disappointed and decided if he doesn’t show up in ten minutes she will just go to the dress fitting all by herself. Well, if he isn’t going to show up then he should have told me. I could have had lunch with Harry or do something more productive than sit here and wait for him.

Disturbing her thoughts she heard a tapping on the window. Her face totally just lit up at the sight of Harry waving and smiling at her. “Harry?!”, Hermione said as she smiled then gesturing him to come join her.

After a few moments, Harry came and joined Hermione. “What are you doing here all alone? Where is Ron?”, Harry asked.

“I don’t know where he is. He is probably busy at work since obviously it’s a Hogsmeade weekend and Valentine’s Day.” , Hermione said as if it was nothing. “What are you doing here?”, Hermione asked trying to change the subject.

“I was just visiting McGonagall and Hagrid.”, Harry answered. He was not really happy with the fact that Ron didn’t even owled her to let her know that he couldn’t make it.

“Oh, how have they been? I haven’t seen them in a while.”

“They are just fine.”

“That is good to hear. By the looks of it, I don’t think Ron is going to show up. Care to join me for lunch? I know that you are hungry.”, Hermione asked.

Harry nods, “I would love to”. Hermione laughs as she gestured Madam Rosmerta to come and take their order.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

After eating, Hermione asked as they made their way out of the Three Broomsticks, “Harry, I know you said you had plans today. I just was wondering if you would like to accompany me for my dress fitting, but if you are busy I understand.”

Harry handed her coat before putting on his and answered with a smile, “It would be my pleasure to accompany you.”Hermione smiled trying to hide her happiness, but failed miserably as she put her coat on.

They walked side by side, hands in their pockets in silence lost in their own thoughts.

Harry was looking at how beautiful she looked right now with her face flushed because of the cold. She is so beautiful. Even with her hair just pinned up like that. I don’t understand how Ron could stood her up like that.

Harry was soon disturbed from his thoughts when Hermione finally spoke. “What are you thinking, Harry?”

How beautiful you are and wondering why Ron stood you up. “Nothing, just–it’s been a while since we have been at Hogsmeade together.”, Harry made up.

Hermione laughed to herself. “Yes, about seven years. You Mr. Potter are getting old.”, she teased as she poked him at his side.

“That’s funny, I remember you, Ms. Granger being a year older than me.”, he teased back.

“Shhh. That’s a secret.”, she said before they broke in a fit of laughter.

“Those Hogsmeade weekend were sure fun.”, Hermione said looking into his green eyes.

“They sure were. Where is this wedding dress shop? I don’t remember being here.”

“We are almost there we just turn left here. Of course you wouldn’t know. Seriously, Harry how many students would go to a wedding dress shop, unless they are going married.”

“You got a point there, Granger.”

“We’re here.”, Hermione pointed out to a little shop called “Hera’s Wedding Dress Shop”.

“Ms. Granger it’s great to see you!”, a beautiful middle aged woman greeted as Hermione and Harry entered the shop.

“It’s great to see you too, Hera.”, Hermione greeted back as Harry took Hermione’s and his coat and placed it on the coat hanger.

“This must be your fiancé! It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Potter.”, Hera greeted as she shook Harry’s hand.

“I–um–it’s a pleasure to meet you too, but I’m n–“, Harry said shock trying to explain he was not Hermione’s fiancé.

“That’s enough chit-chat. Come along Ms. Granger off to get your measurements done. You wait out here.”, Hera said pushing Hermione towards the dressing room while Hermione gave Harry a look like ‘what the bloody hell did she just called you’.

“I can already tell you and Mr. Potter will have a long happy marriage.”, Hera pointed out as she measured Hermione’s bust smiling sweetly at Hermione.

“I–um–Hera about that, Harry is not my fiancé.”, Hermione tried to explain. Hera looked at Hermione shocked.

“My apologizes.”, Hera apologized still looking surprised that Harry was not Hermione’s fiancé.

“Don’t worry about it. It was clearly just a misunderstanding.”, Hermione reassured.

“May I ask you a question, Ms. Granger?”, Hera asked.

“Anything.”

“Do you love your fiancé, whoever this mystery man is?”, Hera asked seriously.

Hermione shot her a shock look. “W–why of course, Hera. Why would you ask a silly question like that? I wouldn’t be marrying him if I didn’t love him right?”, Hermione answered.

“It’s just that Ms. Granger, I have been in this business for many years and I can already tell when a marriage will last and when it will not because I can see it in their eyes if they are in love or not. I can see in both you and Mr. Potter’s eyes the love I see in the couples whose marriages are long and happy.”

“Not to be rude Hera, but that’s absurd. Harry and–I a‒are not in l–love. We are friends; in fact we are best friends for as long as I can remember. Maybe that intense friendship confused you with love.”

Hera nodded, “Maybe Ms. Granger. You are done now.”

“That’s it? I won’t try on the dress?”, Hermione asked.

Hera looked at her shockingly, “You would like to try on the dress?”

“Why yes, isn’t that the reason why I came here?”

“Well–okay if you are willing to wait a few minutes as a place the adjustments.”, Hera said as she left the dressing room to retrieve the dress without saying another word.

Harry and I in love? Hermione laughed at the thought, I have to admit lately I’ve been feeling weird around him, but that’s because I haven’t seen my best friend for five years. Of course, I would feel like this after never leaving his side before. We are just best friends. And this “feeling” I have recently is because I’m not use to of him being here, yet.

Hermione’s thoughts were soon interrupted as Hera came back with the dress in her hands.

After the help of Hera of getting the dress on, Hermione decided to show Harry the dress and headed toward the waiting room.

Hermione cleared her throat to catch Harry’s attention.

Harry’s eyes were soon were set on the most beautiful woman he has ever saw.

“So, what do you think?”, Hermione asked.

Harry was lost for words. Her dress was simple. It was just a heart strapless silk dress flowing freely towards the ground. “Yo‒You look absolutely stunning.”, he finally spitted out.

Hermione blushed at his words. “Thank you, Harry.”, she thanked looking at the floor avoiding his eyes.

Harry walked toward her and lifted her head with his finger causing her to face him. Harry looked at her sincerely and smiled. “Ron is a very lucky guy to have you as his bride.”, he said truthfully staring at her beautiful brown eyes.

“Thanks, Harry.”, Hermione said staring right back into his intense emerald eyes. Hermione swore she could see in a hint of sadness when he said those words to her. I wonder what that could mean. She thought as she continued to look into his eyes searching for the answer.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

“Thank you, Ron.”, Luna said as she gathered up her stuff before leaving.

“No problem, Luna I’m always here if you need help. Stop by any time, okay?”, Ron said as he walked her to the front doors.

“Thanks Ron, I really had fun today. Bye.”, Luna said before leaving, tucking a strand behind her ear flashing a gentle smile at Ron.

“I had fun too. Bye.”, Ron said before pulling Luna into a hug making Luna melt into his arms.

As soon as he let go, Luna dashed out of the shop as soon as she could without looking back. I can’t do this. He’s getting married. I thought I would be over this by now?

Ron watched dreamingly as Luna left. He didn’t know why he pulled Luna into that hug before she left, but it felt so weird like her body fit perfectly into his body like a puzzle piece. It was great seeing her again. She seems different. It’s like she not the same loony fifth year girl I met in sixth year. A good kind of different.

Ron was soon interrupted from his thoughts when he glanced at the clock. “Bloody fucking hell!”, he cursed as he tried to get his cloak on and rush out the door. It was ten minutes before his lunch break was over and he totally forgot and missed his Valentine’s lunch date with Hermione.

“Move!”, Ron yelled as he pushed his way through the crowd of third years and up at the Three Broomsticks.

“Madam Rosmerta! Rosmerta!! Where is Hermione?”, Ron asked.

“Sorry darling, she left about 20 minutes ago.”, Rosmerta answered.

“Shite! She is going to kill me when I get home tonight.”, Ron cursed.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione was back at the Burrow trying to read a book she bought at Tomes and Scrolls earlier that day but she was distracted by what Harry meant back at Hera’s. The way he said it, his eyes was like hinting me that he meant something behind those words, but I have no idea. What could it be?

Soon there was a knock on Hermione’s door. “Come in”, she answered.

Ron entered the room with a dozen of red roses in his hands. “Hermione, I’m sorry I missed our lunch today, I bought you roses to make up for it. I hope you aren’t upset with me.”

Hermione kindly accepted the roses and placed them on her nightstand near her bed. She then kissed Ron sweetly on the cheek. “Thanks, Ron. That was very sweet of you.” Ron blushed at her words. “But I’m not upset with you.”, Hermione continued.

Ron stared at her disbelievingly. “Not upset with me?!”. Ron then felt her forehead as if she had a fever. “Are you alright? Where is Hermione Granger and what have you done with her?”, he teased.

“I’m here, Ron and yes I’m not upset.”

“Are you sure you’re not upset?”

“Yes.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“Seriously?”

“Seriously. Ron, I swear if you ask me again I will then have something to be upset about and trust me I will hex you to next week if you don’t stop.”

“Fine. I’m sorry again.”, Ron apologized before kissing her gently on the forehead and leaving the room.

Hermione truly wasn’t upset or disappointed that Ron stood her up today. She wouldn’t give a care in the world actually. Which is quite odd, normally she would be raging with anger right now. But honestly this time, she didn’t know why.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

AN: I hope you guys aren’t upset with me and I hope that his update makes up for not updating it last week. Whoo hoo! Finally, I can begin to write about the wedding week!! I’m so excited and I have everything planned out! I hope they fit your expectations. It’s going to be so much fun! Thank you guys for being patience and reading Things Don’t Always Go as Planned. Please stay tuned and REVIEW!!! Readers reviews are the reason why I’m typing out this update instead of studying for my Chemistry exam tomorrow (not like I’m regretting it(; ).

If you would like to see what Hermione was wearing here are the links:

Red dress:

http://www.polyvore.com/red_belted_dress/set?.svc=copypaste&embedder=0&id=44699417

Wedding dress:

http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com/upload/126663808241389626_c4TGYmrh.jpg

10. 10. Staying With the Grangers

Things Don’t Always Go as Planned

Chapter Ten: Staying with the Grangers:

AN: Yay, the wedding week we have all been waiting for is finally here! So let’s begin reading!!!

“Seriously?”

“Seriously. Ron, I swear if you ask me again I will then have something to be upset about and trust me I will hex you to next week if you don’t stop.”

“Fine. I’m sorry again.”, Ron apologized before kissing her gently on the forehead and leaving the room.

Hermione truly wasn’t upset or disappointed that Ron stood her up today. She wouldn’t give a care in the world actually. Which is quite odd, normally she would be raging with anger right now. But honestly this time, she didn’t know why.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry woke up at the crack of dawn, but he wasn’t alone. Everyone in the Burrow were up and ready to say their goodbyes. Today was the day Ron, Angelina, and George were portkeying to America while Harry and Hermione plan to attend Hermione’s cousin, Daisy’s wedding.

I’m not really sure about this wedding week with Hermione, and Hermione alone. I’ve already decided to try to keep my feelings under control in secrecy but just thinking about having a week alone with Hermione I’m not sure it will really help me with that.

Interrupting his thoughts he heard a knock on the door. “Come in,” he shouted.

“Harry, they are about to leave. We better say our goodbyes.”, Hermione warned him. Harry nodded in agreement before following Hermione and ascending downstairs.

Everyone was already sharing their farewells to one another. Harry said his goodbyes and to Angelina and George. “Take care and remember if you need any help my friend, Angelo will be willing to. He is expecting you three by the way.”, he said to George before turning around to face Ron.

Harry gave him a genuine smile then Ron smiled back before both pulled each other into a manly friendly hug. “Take care of Hermione while I’m gone.”, Ron said still holding onto Harry.

“I promise.”

“And don’t let any guy dance with her at the wedding.”, he teased making sure Hermione could hear him.

“Ronald Weasley!”, Hermione scolded him by swatting his arm as he pulled away from Harry.

“I’ll miss you.”, Ron said while wrapping his arm around Hermione making Hermione very uncomfortable.

“I’ll miss you too. Well, you better get going. Take care Ron.”, Hermione said sincerely.

“Bye.”, Ron said before giving Hermione a kiss on the lips before heading toward the portkey.

Harry had to turn away from the sight right in front of him. He could hear his heart break into a million pieces. He wondered if Hermione heard it too because she flashed him a concerned look as she made her way toward him to watch Ron, Angelina, and George portkey away to America.

Once they finally left, Hermione turned to Harry and asked, “Are you alright, Harry?”.

“I’m fine.”, Harry said hoping she would let the subject go.

“Oh alright.”, she said not totally convinced. “We better get ready; we leave in about half an hour.”. Harry nodded as he watched her head upstairs towards her room leaving before he could reply.

After waiting for a few minutes he finally headed upstairs to get ready. Making sure he had everything he needed for a week, he finally tapped his luggage and shrunk them placing them into his pockets. He headed downstairs to wait for Hermione.

He was sitting in the lounge waiting for Hermione. I wonder what she got planned for us to do for this whole week. He was soon interrupted by his thoughts by Hermione voice. “Harry are you ready?”, Hermione asked dragging two large luggage.

Harry acting on instinct got up and carried her two luggages for her. “Why are you carrying these two large luggages? You should have asked me for help or at least shrink them.”, Harry scolded her.

Hermione looked at the ground like a guilty child caught sticking their hand in the cookie jar blushing slightly. “Harry, thanks for your concern but I can handle carrying theses myself. Besides, if I do shrink them they never go back to the perfect size.”

Just before reply back he was pulled into a motherly hug by Mrs. Weasley. “Harry, you better take care of yourself. Make sure you eat and put some meat onto these bones. Behave yourself!”, Mrs. Weasley ordered as she pulled away. Harry smiled at her sweetly. “Of course.”

“Same goes with you, Hermione dear and say hi to your parents for me.”, Mrs. Weasley said as he pulled Hermione into a similar motherly hug.

“Yes Molly.”, Hermione answered.

“Well, you two better get going. It’s going to be so lonely without all of you.”, Mrs. Weasley said starting to get a little teary eyed.

“Bye.”, Hermione said while Harry took Hermione’s luggage and headed out the door.

“So, how are you planning for us to travel?”, Harry asked Hermione as they walked through the door.

Hermione flashed Harry a beautiful smile making Harry’s heart skip a beat. “The muggle way of course.”, she said before turning a stone nearby into a six seat black elegant car.

This is going to be interesting, Harry thought as he placed the luggage into the trunk.

Hermione was already sitting in the front middle seat as Harry took the driver’s seat. “You know how to drive right Harry?”, Hermione asked. “Yes, I learned when I was back in America.”, Harry answered. “Well, we better start going if we want to arrive to my parent’s house before dinner.”

Harry started the car and began to drive. Hermione pulled out a map from her pocket. “I charmed the map to show a route from the Burrow to my parent’s house. It sort of works like a GPS.”

She never fails to amaze me. “So, Hermione what do you have planned for us this whole week?”, Harry asked keeping his eyes on the road.

“Well, I was planning to stay with my parents for two days then maybe have two days to explore the city and after the wedding, we could relax a bit before heading back to the Burrow. If there is anything you would want to do, we can add it to our plans.”, Hermione explained.

“Sound good. Speaking about your parents, what are your parents like?”, Harry asked. Harry honestly was curious of what the two people who raise the woman he loved were like.

“Oh, Harry. It only occurred to me I’ve spoke very little about my parents to you and Ron. Where to begin?”, Hermione asked herself tapping on her chin. “Well, they are dentists but you already knew that. My father’s name is Christopher and my mother’s name is Jane.”, Hermione continued as Harry took in the new information.

“Just drive up to the main road, then I’ll tell you where to go from there.”, she instructed. “Right, my parents. Well, I don’t know what else to tell you. They are kind and love me unconditionally. Um, they are quiet old. Sadly, before I was born my parents had trouble conceiving a child. My mother suffered several miscarriages. Then, I was finally born and it was too late to have any more children.”

“I’m sorry, Hermione.”, Harry said looking into Hermione’s eyes briefly before looking back onto the road.

“It’s alright Harry. I feel guilty that they couldn’t have more children. Then going to Hogwarts, being gone half my life and having them fully support and accept me as witch makes it worst. Did you know you’re the first one to know that much about my parents?”, Hermione asked yawning starting to drift fast asleep.

“No, I didn’t and I’m honored.”, Harry said before sneaking a glance at Hermione to find her fast asleep. She looks absolutely beautiful sleeping‒like an angel. Harry carefully took the map out of Hermione’s hands with one hand while keeping the other hand on the wheel.

“I think I know where to go.”, Harry said to himself as he quickly glance back and forth from the map to the road.

Then suddenly he felt a pleasing weight on his left shoulder. He smiled to himself at the sight in front of him. Hermione shifted in her sleep, her head shifted to fit perfectly onto Harry’s shoulder.

You don’t know how wonderful it feels to just be with you, Hermione. Even though it’s hard to watch you with Ron, I’ll do it because I rather have you in my life as a friend than not have you in my life at all. Harry sighed to himself and continued to drive. It’s going to be a long week.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione’s eyes slowly started to flutter open. What happened? Hermione woke up to the most wonderful sight. “Good morning, sunshine. We are here.”, Harry greeted her making feel this warmth in spread throughout her whole body.

“What do you mean “We are here” ?”, Hermione asked.

“Here as in your parent’s house.”

“You mean, I fell asleep the whole ride here? I’m so sorry, Harry”, Hermione apologized while getting off Harry’s shoulder “I was suppose to help you, but I fell asleep on your shoulder. Ugh, I’m so sorry.” I knew I should have slept early last night, but I was so excited about this week with Harry I couldn’t sleep at all last night.

“It’s okay, Hermione. Honestly, I didn’t mind you falling asleep. I use to go to road trips by myself in America and I’m pretty sure I can read a map by now. We better get going inside, we don’t want to keep your parents waiting.”, Harry reassured her before for exiting through the door then walking around to the other side to open the door for her.

“Thank you.”, Hermione said to Harry before he went to retrieve her luggage. He is such a gentleman. Hermione smiled to herself at the house she spent growing up in. It was a simple white two story house with black roof and a brown door. She thought about all the fond memories she had in this house.

“Are you ready?”, Harry asked disturbing her thoughts. She nodded before leading the way to the front door.

On the way to the front door, Hermione lost her footing then slipped. Fortunately, Harry was there and he let go of her luggage to catch Hermione. Hermione felt that “feeling” come up again. She could hear her heart beat fast as if it wanted to beat right through her chest. But Hermione quickly tried to put those feeling aside again.

“Are you alright?”, Harry asked her looking concerned. “I’m fine Harry. I just slipped over some melted snow.”, she reassured Harry as she got up on her own two feet again.

They finally arrived at the front door and rung the doorbell. Mrs. Granger opened the door and let them both into the house and took their coats from them. Mrs. Grangers was petite like Hermione. She also had the same bushy hair like Hermione but it was black with a few gray hairs every now and then. She also had warm welcoming brown eyes. Then they were soon faced my Mr. Granger. He was quite tall; he looked like he was in his late 50s. He has brown eyes and short brown grayish hair.

“Mum, Dad this is my best friend, Harry Potter.”, Hermione introduced.

“It’s a pleasure to formally meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Granger.”, Harry said as he stuck out his hand to give a formal handshake. To his surprise Mrs. Granger took his hand pulled him to a motherly hug. “There is no need to call us Mr. and Mrs. Granger, please Harry call us Chris and Jane.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too, Harry. It’s an honor to meet this “Harry”, our dear Hermione talk about all the time.”, Mr. Granger added.

Hermione blushed at the comment and tried to defend herself. “I don’t really talk about him all the time dad.”

“Sure”, Mr. Granger said sarcastically causing Harry to let out a laugh.

“Well, Hermione please show Harry the guess room. While your father and I will prepare the table for dinner.”, Mrs. Granger asked.

“Sure thing mum.”, Hermione said before leading Harry upstairs.

Mr. Granger waited till they were upstairs before opening his mouth. “They shouldn’t be upstairs alone Jane.”

Mrs. Granger laughed. “Chris, Hermione is not a little girl nor is Harry a little boy. Besides they aren’t teenagers anymore. They are young adults. I’m sure they can behave themselves. Anyways, Hermione is engaged.”

“I know that Jane, but Harry is different than Ron. I just have this gut feeling something that there is going on between them two.”

Mrs. Granger nodded her head, not listening to a word Mr. Granger was saying while walking toward the kitchen. “Well, whatever that feeling is just leave it alone and come help me set up the table.”

Upstairs, Hermione argued that she could carry it to her room on their way upstairs, but Harry wouldn’t listen. He can be so stubborn sometimes. They finally came to a white door that had “Hermione’s Room” written on it. Hermione opened the door, “Here is my room.”

Hermione room was very simple, but fit perfectly for her. Her room was a dark maroon with a dark wood four post queen size bed. Of course there were a few book shelves and a desk on the side. There were pictures of the golden trio all over along with pictures of herself and her parents.

“It fits you, Hermione.”, Harry said setting down her luggage before looking around her room a bit.

“Thanks.”, Hermione said blushing slightly. “You can get an official tour later, let’s get you settled into the guess room first.”, Hermione said leading the way across the hall.

“Well, the bathroom is down the hall and you’ll be staying here. Just like at the Burrow your room is just across the hall from mines.”, Hermione said showing him the guess room. “I hope you like it.”

“It’s wonderful.”, Harry said looking at the room he will be staying for the next two days. The room was a simple light shade of green with a queen sized bed in the center of the room.

“I’ll just leave you here till dinner so you get comfortable.”, Hermione said before leaving into her room and getting settled in.

It actually feels nice being back home, but for some reason I feel like it’s even better that Harry came along. She was soon interrupted when Mr. Granger knocked on doors telling Harry and Hermione it was time for dinner.

When Harry and Hermione arrived downstairs towards the dinner table a lovely meal was already set for them to dig in. It was a meal Ron would just swallow down. It was steak with garlic sauce on the side, along with a fresh tossed salad. There were chopped seasoned potatoes and fresh boiled vegetables as side dishes.

“I know you guys must be hungry traveling all day. So I prepare a big meal, Harry don’t be shy dig in.”, Mrs. Granger said as she took the seat next to Mr. Granger and across from Hermione who was sitting next to Harry.

“Oh trust me mom, we are hungry. I could hear Harry stomach growl on our way here.”, Hermione said adding some salad onto her plate.

Everyone laughed as they watch Harry turn red from embarrassment.

“Harry, Hermione was telling me you lived in America for the last five years. What was it like there?”, Mrs. Granger asked trying to start a conversation.

“Well, I didn’t want to leave all my friends here but after the war I need time alone and think some things over.”

Mr. and Mrs. Granger nodded understanding what he meant. They knew all the horrible things he has been through at a young age from all the stories Hermione told them after retrieving their memory. It was always a wonder how he stayed sane with all those horrible things happen to him‒no parents, no family support, lost the very people who were very dear to him.

“I understand. I just want to personally thank you for watching and taking care of Hermione after all these years. After telling us what happened we are so grateful.”, Mr. Granger said sincerely.

“Oh, there is no reason to thank me. If it wasn’t for your daughter, I wouldn’t be alive today. She saved my life a billion times and she never left my side. Besides, I believe she can care of herself. I actually want to apologize for putting Hermione in danger.”, Harry said honestly.

Mr. and Mrs. Granger were shock to hear those words come from the hero of the wizarding world. It amazed them how truly humble and sweet his young man was.

“Oh Harry, you didn’t put me in danger. I decided to never leave your side, so there is no need to blame yourself. It was my choice an my choice alone.”, Hermione said.

Mrs. Granger looked at them suspiciously. ‘Maybe Chris is right. Maybe there is something going on between them’, she thought. Then she looked at Chris as if he could read her own mind and smiled at her triumphantly. She laughed to herself of how childishly he was acting.

After they ate dinner, Harry began to gather the plate and help Mrs. Granger clear the table.

“I’ll wash dishes.”, Harry offered.

Hermione took the dishes out of Harry’s hands. “Harry, please you’re the guess.”

“Hermione’s right.”, Mr. Granger agreed also helping out to clear the table.

“But you guys have done so much for me, it’s the least I could do.”, Harry said looking at Hermione.

Hermione let out a sigh, knowing he won’t take no for an answer. “Fine, I’ll wash and you can dry.”, Hermione said making a compromise.

“Deal.”

After washing dishes, they all gathered around the lounge and talking with each other. After talking with each other a bit getting to know one another better, Chris and Jane called it a night.

“Goodnight Harry, Hermione”, Mr. Granger said as he and Mrs. Granger headed upstairs to bed.

“Goodnight, they replied back.

“I think we should go to bed too.”, Hermione said while getting up from the couch heading upstairs soon to be followed by Harry.

“Goodnight.”, Hermione said before entering in her room.

“Goodnight.”

After getting ready for bed and lying in her bed, Hermione kept tossing and turning. She just couldn’t go to sleep. She was just not tired. After arguing to see if Harry is awake, Hermione got out of her bed tossing the sheets over and headed towards Harry’s room.

Hermione quietly walk across the hall. I hope he is awake. She quietly knocked the door waiting for a response. “Harry? Harry are you awake?”, she whispered as she entered the room.

Hermione smiled to herself. She was touched by the sight in front of her. He fell asleep as soon as he lay onto his bed. Harry was really tired. He hadn’t changed and he was still wearing his glasses.

“Oh Harry.”, she whispered making sure not to wake Harry up. She transformed his current clothes to pajamas then taking off his shoes before levitating him and tucking him in. He looks so peaceful in his sleep. She took off his glasses and placing them next to the night stand. Absentmindedly she kisses Harry’s forehead before turning off the lamp.

“Good night, Harry. Sweet dreams.”, she said before heading to bed.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

AN: FINALLY!!! First day of the wedding week is up, so let’s see where this week takes us. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I don’t know when the next update is, but hopefully it’s soon. Please review!! I love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, criticism, and comments.

11. 11. Hermione's Past

Things Don’t Always Go as Planned

Chapter Eleven: Hermione’s Past

AN: I’m so sorry I haven’t been updating sooner. I’ve just been so busy with finals and projects that I don’t have the time. But since it’s winter break, I’ve decided to update more often. Sorry for the long wait again, but here we go…

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione smiled to herself. She was touched by the sight in front of her. He fell asleep as soon as he lay onto his bed. Harry was really tired. He hadn’t changed and he was still wearing his glasses.

“Oh Harry.” she whispered making sure not to wake Harry up. She transformed his current clothes to pajamas then taking off his shoes before levitating him and tucking him in. He looks so peaceful in his sleep. She took off his glasses and placing them next to the night stand. Absentmindedly she kisses Harry’s forehead before turning off the lamp.

“Good night, Harry. Sweet dreams.” she said before heading to bed.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione woke up bright and early. Her lips were still tingling from kissing Harry’s forehead the night before. In a good mood, she was humming to herself as she headed downstairs to help her mom with breakfast.

To her surprise breakfast was already cooked and prepared.

“Good morning, Hermione.” Mrs. Granger greeted as she place eggs on the table.

“Good morning mum.” Hermione greeted back. “What is all of this? Why are you dressed up for work? Don’t you and Dad have the day off?” Hermione asked confused.

“Oh, I’m sorry Hermione. Your father and I wanted to spend time with you and Harry, but there was an emergency at the clinic and we need to go to work today. So, I decided to make breakfast for the two of you.” Mrs. Granger answered.

“It’s alright Mum. I’m sure Harry and I understand.” Hermione reassured.

“Okay, I better go. Your father is waiting for me in the car. There is money on the counter if you need any for lunch. Be sure to call if there is an emergency. We should be home before dinner. Bye, love you.” Mrs. Granger said goodbye as she picked up her purse and coat before heading out the door.

“Goodbye.”, Hermione said back.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry woke up feeling the morning sun rays hit against his face. He got up groggily as he was rubbing both his eyes. He had to take a moment to remember where he was. I’m at the Grangers.

As Harry swung his legs across to the edge of his bed, he felt this strange tinkling feeling on his forehead. He absentmindedly raised his hand towards his forehead not knowing that’s where Hermione kissed him last night. It wasn’t a painful feeling‒ more like a sweet gentle sensation. I don’t remember changing or getting into bed properly.

Putting that thought aside, he reached over to the nightstand for his glasses. Then he quickly headed downstairs.

“Good morning, Hermione.” Harry greeted as he made his way to the table.

“Good morning.” Hermione greeted back.

“Hermione, where are your parents? I thought they were spending the day with us.” Harry asked taking a seat across from Hermione.

“Unfortunately, Mum and Dad have to work today. There was an emergency at the clinic; she left us some money for food and all. So I guess it’s just me and you today.” Hermione answered as she began to fill her plate.

Harry nodded as he too, began to fill his plate with food. Hermione shot him a concerned looked as she took a sip of her orange juice.

“Are you alright, Harry? You seem like there is something bothering you.” Hermione asked concerned.

“It’s just that I don’t remember‒”, Harry began.

“how you got into bed?” Hermione finished.

“Yes?” Harry said looking at Hermione shockingly. How can she finish my sentence, it’s like she can read my mind.

“Well, I couldn’t go to sleep last night. So I decided to see if you were awake.” Hermione laughed to herself before continuing, “But you were knocked out as soon as you laid in bed. So I transfigured your clothes then properly tuck you in.”, Hermione explained leaving out that she kissed his forehead then blushing at the memory.

“Oh.”, Harry said as red slowly crept onto his cheeks as well.

“So, Harry what would you like to do today?” Hermione said hoping to change the subject.

“I have no clue, Hermione. What about you? What would you like to do today? I’m up for whatever.” Harry answered looking at Hermione.

She is giving me that ‘I have an idea’ smile. “I think I know what we can do today.” Hermione said. “I’ll just clean up here first‒and before you can argue you can clean up at lunch.”

“At lunch right?” Harry stated again making sure he heard her correctly.

“At lunch, Harry.” Hermione repeated.

“Okay, thanks Hermione. I’ll meet you in the lounge as soon as I’m done.”

Hermione nodded as she began to clear up the table.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry was all set, and curious to find out what Hermione had planned out for them today. After waiting for a few minutes, Hermione shortly joined him.

“Are you ready to go out for a walk?” Hermione asked.

“Yes. You?” Harry asked in returned as he reach out and opened the door for Hermione.

“What a gentleman.” Hermione teased as she walked through the door. “Yes, I’m ready.”

Harry jokingly rolled his eyes at Hermione. “So, Hermione what exactly do you have planned for us today?” Harry asked as he locked the door before joining Hermione.

“Well, since I don’t usually talk about myself‒not that I like to but I thought it would be nice if I showed you around the neighborhood. You know, show you where I grew up.”

“That sounds wonderful to me.”, Harry smiled at her.

Hermione felt her heart skipped a beat. Breathe Hermione, in… out… Oh my gosh I think I’m going to have a heart attack if he smiles at me like that again. After realizing they already arrived at their first destination.

Harry stopped and looked around for the reason why Hermione stopped. “The library?” Harry asked confused. Then suddenly began laughing to himself. “Of course you would spend a lot of time here.”

Hermione playfully nudged Harry’s stomach.

“Sorry, but let me guess this must be your favorite place as a child?”

“Actually, no. I’ll show you my favorite place later. In the mean time would you like to go inside check it out?”

“Sure.”, Harry said. How could I say no, when her eyes sparkle in excitement.

The library didn’t look much different from the library at Hogwarts, just a few changes and arrangements here and there. Of course, no floating books or anything magical.

“You know what’s weird?” Hermione whispered.

“What?” Harry whispered back.

“I didn’t spend so much time in the children area. I spent most of my time in the older sections. If I remember correctly when I found out I was a witch, I came straight here to find more information about the magical world. Even though, it was from a Muggle’s point of view they actually got some things right, surprisingly. They think we are ugly looking with warts all over our faces.”

Harry laughed out loud. Suddenly they were scolded by the librarian to be quiet. Both tried to hold back their laughs.

Hermione face suddenly became serious. “I don’t why I did that, I think it’s because I wanted to show that I’m just as good as any witch or wizard who grew up in the Magical world and that I’m no different or anything less because I’m a muggle-born.”

“You definitely showed them.”, Harry said sincerely.

Hermione quickly turned her face away to hide her blush. “We should go; I have more places to show you. Besides if we stayed longer, we probably get kicked out for making too much noise.” Hermione suggested before leading Harry towards the door.

“Where is the next stop Hermione?” Harry asked as he tried to catch up with her.

“It’s not too far from here. Just a few more blocks.”

Shortly they arrived to their next stop. “This is my primary school, Harry.”

It was a small school. They sat on a bench facing the school and they watched little children run around and play.

“It looks like my primary school, just a little smaller.” Harry said.

“Yeah, it was a small school‒a good school. But it doesn’t exactly bring good memories.” Hermione said staring blanking at the school.

“What do you mean?” Harry asked turning his head to look at Hermione. Knowing what he knew about Hermione, he guessed that she loved school. It surprised him to find out that her old primary school wasn’t exactly her favorite place in the world.

Hermione shamefully looked down at her hands avoiding looking into Harry’s green eyes. “You and Ron are my very first friends.” she admitted. “I wasn’t exactly what you call ‘popular’ at my old school. I would tell myself that it was because I was different. But deep down, I knew it was because they couldn’t look pass the way I looked, my know-it-all attitude, or that I love to read.” Hermione blinked vigorously trying to push aside the tears threatening to fall.

“I didn’t exactly have many friends as well.” Harry said trying to make Hermione feel better.

“But Harry, they didn’t choose to be your friend because they were afraid of Dudley. Me on the other hand, they didn’t choose to be my friend because of me.”, Hermione explained sadly.

Harry reached out to Hermione’s chin and turned her face so she was looking straight at him. “Well, then that’s their lost. Looking pass your looks, know-it-all-attitude, or your passion for reading, I see the most amazing best friend I could ever ask for. Not only do I like those things about you, but I also like the caring, brave, compassionate side of you Hermione.”, Harry stated looking into her deep brown eyes so she could tell that he honestly meant what he said.

Hermione’s heart swelled at every word Harry spoke. ‘This feeling’ is beginning to show up more often, and it was scaring her to death.

“Thank you, Harry.” Hermione said as she got up from the bench. “I promised you that I would show you my favorite place, but I want to show you just a couple more places.”

“Sure.”

After walking silently for a short period of time, they finally arrived to a local park near the school.

“Is this your favorite place?” Harry asked breaking the silence that grew between them.

“Not quite.” Hermione said flashing a gentle smile at Harry before taking a seat on the swing. The snow was gone from winter, but it was still chilly outside. There were very little people at the park. “Did you know my mom use to send me here when I would spend too much time in the library or reading at home?”

Harry laughed quietly to himself. He could picture younger Hermione being scolded for reading.

Hermione got up again. “Come on, Harry I’ll show you my favorite place in the world.” she said as she began to lead Harry towards the uncommon area in the park.

After walking through tress and brushes and a lot of sharp turns here and there, Hermione finally lead him to a giant tree. Harry shot her a confuse look.

“Harry this is my favorite place.” she said as she began to climb up the tree.

“This tree?” he asked still confused as he began to climb up the tree to join Hermione, who was sitting of a thick stable branch. A tree? How could a tree be her favorite place? How did she even find it in the first place?

“Yes. I bet you’re wonder why and how I discovered this. Well, I use to come here to the park with my cousin, Daisy. We were close back then. She was like my older sister. I hung out with her a few times, but she had her own friends.”

Hermione let out a deep sigh. “One day when I found out she was moving, I was really upset. I practically ran away from her when she told me in the park. With my eyes full of tears not able to see where I was going, I just let my legs lead me away. After running a few minutes I finally came across this area. I was leaning against the tree to catch my breath while crying my little eyes out. Then the next thing, I knew I did accidental magic and I apparated on top of the tree.”

“I have a question.”

“What is it, Harry?” looking at Harry. She is beautiful. With that look she took his breath away.

“I thought you were afraid of heights? Isn’t that the reason why you hate flying?” Harry asked while trying to remember how to breathe.

“This is only a few meters off the ground, not to mention the thing holding me is thicker than a broom stick and it’s connected to something stable and attached to ground. As of flying you’re on a tiny broom stick, you’re like a hundred meters off the ground, and you could lose control of your broom and kill yourself. I don’t know about you, but I would much rather be on a tree than a broom stick any day.” Hermione stated matter-of-fact kind of tone.

“I don’t exactly agree with you, but I see why this is your favorite place.”

Hermione laughed. Her laugh made Harry’s heart leap for joy. “I come here when I’m upset, happy, angry, wanting to be alone, and wanting to relax. Sometimes I would sneak a book and read here or just sit here and enjoy the view and watch the sunset or look at the sky.”

After sitting in silence just enjoying the view, Hermione finally decided they needed to head home for lunch.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

After heading home and eating lunch and keeping to her promise after Harry cleaned up Harry came across some family photos of Hermione. There were all different kinds of photos. There were some of her family, birthdays, recitals, and holidays.

Harry laughed at a photo of Hermione in a pink tutu with her arms across her chest. She doesn’t look like a happy camper.

“Hermione?” Harry called out.

“Yes?” Hermione answered walking into the lounge looking at Harry.

“Care to explain this picture?” Harry asked with a smirk on his face.

Hermione rolled her eyes. “I was five back then. Mum put me in ballet classes. This particular picture is when I was my first ballet recital. Oh how I hated that.” she explained.

Harry broke into a fit of laugher. “Hermione. Ballet. Pink tutu.”

“Shut up, Harry.” Hermione said before breaking into a fit of laughter as well.

“Any other secrets you’ve been keeping from us?”

“No, not really. I was forced against my will to do ballet for another two years. Then I stopped when I turned seven. Then I was put into piano lessons, but I quite enjoyed those lessons.”

They spend the whole afternoon talking about Hermione and her childhood. Hermione shared stories about her and her parents. She shared photos of her muggle families and tried to hide embarrassing one from Harry. But with his seeker skills she failed with every attempt.

Hermione didn’t know exactly why she was sharing all these things with Harry and only Harry. When she thought about showing him around she didn’t ever expect it to be a very emotional experience for her. She was even more surprised of how supportive and understanding Harry was during her little tour around her neighborhood. When he did things like that, Hermione couldn’t help but resurface those ‘feelings’ she is desperately trying to hide.

These ‘feelings’ aren’t going away as fast as I want them too. I’m scared to death; this is not how you are supposed to feel towards your best friend especially towards your fiancé’s best friend. I don’t know why but it’s different with Harry. I can totally be myself. I can show him my faults and flaws, or I can show him the side I don’t want anybody to see and I know he won’t judge me or hate me. Merlin, please help me.

They spent the whole day like this until Hermione’s parents came home from work. They both asked what they did for the day and Hermione explain that she and Harry were up to. Both of smiled and even chipped in and told Harry even more embarrassing Hermione moments. He never had seen Hermione so red in his life. They all couldn’t help but laugh at the sight of Hermione.

During their dinner conversations were filled with “I remember when Hermione was younger…” or “Remember the time Hermione…”, or “Mum, Dad I think Harry has heard enough about me...”

I really enjoy staying at the Grangers. They are kind, caring, and loving people. Now, he knows where Hermione gets all her amazing traits from. Not to mention, it was great to know the people who raise the woman I love. It’s times like these that I miss my mum and dad. Though I might not have siblings like Ron or Ginny, Hermione showed me that I could have a loving family even being the only child. I can’t help but dream of what kind of family I would have with Hermione. I hope we could be just like the Grangers but sadly that dream will never come true.

Harry liked learning all these childhood memories from Hermione. It showed him more of the beautiful, smart caring girl he knew and fell in love with. He loved how her eyes twinkled at happy memories and how her eyes darken a little at sad memories. Spending times like this alone with Hermione makes him wonder why he didn’t realize his feeling for Hermione sooner. Or better yet, why didn’t he say something.

After looking back at all the years, I can’t help but feel guilty for all the years I’ve wasted. If I just did something sooner, maybe just maybe that ring on her left finger would symbolize a promise to me‒not Ron.

As Harry and Hermione lie in their bed and replay the events that happened, they both couldn’t help but think that this will be a day they will never forget.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

AN: Sorry it took forever before this update. Don’t worry; I’m already working on the next chapter to make it up to you guys. Please don’t for get to REVIEW and tell me what you think.

12. 12. Night Out

If there are images in this attachment, they will not be displayed.Download the original attachment

Things Don't Always Go as Planned

Chapter Twelve: Night Out

AN: Hey you guys! I'm super sorry. I know I said that I already working on the next chapter and I was. But lucky me, while I was working on my AP English homework during winter break 2 in the morning. The next day, when I was suppose to email it to my teacher, my lap top just wouldn't turn on. I know, Happy New Years!!! I lost all my files, so I had to rewrite this chapter. My apologizes. I'm still computerless, but I had to figure out to get this chapter and continue my story to you guys!!! So here you go. I'm so sorry. I hope this makes up for it!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry liked learning all these childhood memories from Hermione. It showed him more of the beautiful, smart caring girl he knew and fell in love with. He loved how her eyes twinkled at happy memories and how her eyes darken a little at sad memories. Spending times like this alone with Hermione makes him wonder why he didn’t realize his feeling for Hermione sooner. Or better yet, why didn’t he say something.

After looking back at all the years, I can’t help but feel guilty for all the years I’ve wasted. If I just did something sooner, maybe just maybe that ring on her left finger would symbolize a promise to menot Ron.

As Harry and Hermione lie in their bed and replay the events that happened, they both couldn’t help but think that this will be a day they will never forget.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Ron was happy to be in America. America was so different yet similar to back home. Though he missed everyone, he was glad to have this opportunity to come here. The new shop is located just a few blocks away from Harry's dear friend, Angelo's book store. It was huge, three times size they had at Hogsmeade. Plus, it was a perfect location for the Weasleys' Wizard Wheeze.

Unfortunately, George, Angelina, and Ron spent almost every second preparing their grand opening in America they haven't got any real time to go sight seeing and exploring 'The Land of the Free'. But today was different, George decided to give a longer lunch today as a reward for working so hard getting the shop prepared for the grand opening. Ron was ecstatic hearing the news. Not only did he get to eat longer, but he could explore California by himself and not feel like a third wheel. Suddenly he remembered Hermione. He felt slightly guilty for not owling her as soon as he arrived like he promised, but then again he hasn't heard from her since he left.

Ron was walking through Palms Alley finding a place to eat. He was surprised by all the different restaurants filled with food he has never heard about. Burgers, Tacos, Hot Dog? Disrupting his thoughts he bumped into a little blonde woman.

"I'm sorry," they said at they same time.

"It's my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going," Ron said sincerely as he helped picking up the paper she dropped from bumping into each other.

"I'm sorry," he apologized again as he handle her the papers.

"Thank you," she said taking the papers before looking at him.

"Luna?!", he asked disbelievingly.

"Ronald?! What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to help George and Angelina open the new shop here. Remember the article I helped you write a while ago? What about you?"

Luna blushed at the memory, it was the best Valentine she ever had. "Oh. Daddy asked me to interview the wizard who claims to find a colony of Hora Afficeres for the Quibbler. How long are you staying here in the States?"

"We are scheduled to leave on Monday. When are you going back to London?"

"Daddy wants me to stay till Saturday,"

An awkward silence fell between the both of them until Ron's stomach growled. Ron's face turned as red as his hair while Luna giggled.

"I'm sorry. I'm just really hungry," he apologized.

"I can hear that," Luna teased.

Ron couldn't help but flash her a wide smile that would make her tummy do flip-flops. "Hey, want to join me for lunch and try this 'hotdoggy' Americans love so much?"

"Lead the way, Ronald," she said before finding their way to a hotdog stand.

As they were waiting in line, Ron couldn't help but observe Luna. She has changed so much since Hogwarts, she was no longer his little sister's friend she grew into a beautiful young woman. She was a few inches taller and curvier. Her blonde wavy hair was shorter, it flowed loosely just below her shoulders. Her grey eyes were memorizing. At the same time, she still wore her red radish earrings and her wand resting on her ear.

Luna notices Ron staring at her for a few minutes. "Ronald? Ronald. You are up next," she warned disrupting his thoughts.

"Yes?"

"We're up next," she pointed out while pointing at the hotdog stand.

"Oh. I would like three hotdogs and…" he ordered before looking at Luna. "Would you please make that four hotdogs?", Luna finished sweetly.

"Any drinks with that?", he man asked on the other side of the hotdog stand.

"Er one extra large soda and…" Ron ordered before looking at Luna again. "And a medium soda," she finished the order.

The man handed him their order and drinks. Ron paid for the food before standing to the side to add topping on his hotdog and handing Luna's her hotdog so she could do the same.

"Thank you for paying Ronald. That was very sweet of you," Luna said as she applied ketchup onto her hotdog.

"It's nothing," Ron reassured while adding all the toppings onto his hotdog.

After Ron was done adding toppings onto all three hotdogs they decided to look for a spot to eat. Luna pointed a curve on the side of the city square.

As they were eating, Luna couldn't help but admire how cute he look while stuffing three hotdogs down his throat. Other might find it disturbing, but to Luna she thought it was adorable. There was something fascinating Luna found whenever she would watch him eat. He could make anything look delicious to eat.

"Whaft? Ist there something on my phace?", Ron asked with his mouth full noticing Luna staring at him. After swallowing his food he asked again, "What? Is there something on my face?"

Luna just laughed to herself before pulling out a napkin and wiping mustard from the corner of his mouth.

He quickly began drinking his soda trying to hide his blush.

"Tha—rrrrrruuuupppppp", Ron attempted to say thanks but failed miserably and ended up burping loudly in her face. Ron turns even redder from embarrassment. "Sorry"

Luna stared at Ron with a blank expression before belching into his face louder than what he did a few moments ago. Ron looked at her surprised. I didn't even know she even had it in her. If I ever did that with Hermione she would hex me into next week. Shortly after, both of them broke into a fit of laughter.

"I'm going to throw these away. Are you finished with yours?" Luna asked.

"Yes, but I can do it myself," Ron reassured her.

"No, Ronald. You paid for my lunch, it's the very least I can do," Luna stood up and took the remaining items into the trash can.

Having a few minutes alone, he couldn't believe out of everyone in the world he would run into Luna Lovegood. He couldn't believe how much fun he was having. He couldn't believe that he was actually admiring her body earlier today. He couldn't help but feel guilty for all the times he teased her at school calling her 'Loony'. If you get pass her looniness, she is actually a really fun to be with.

Shortly after, Luna came back with two large chocolate ice cream cones. "Here you go Ronald," Luna said before handing him an ice cream cone.

"Luna, you didn't have to get me one"

"Please, Ronald I know you want it. I saw you looking at the little girl next to us with jealously as she licked her eye cream cone," she teased.

Ron laughed before accepting and eating his ice cream cold. As they were eating their ice cream cones they continued to walk around a bit.

"So, how is Hermione doing?" Luna asked trying to start a conversation.

"Hermione, she is doing fine. I haven't talked to her since I left," Ron answered honestly.

"Oh," Luna said looking down at the ground as they continued to walk.

Ron watched as her head continued to hang low as they carried on with their walk. Suddenly, he saw her begin to shiver as a cold breeze whipped right pass them. "Luna are you alright? Are you cold?"

"No, I alri—," she tried to answer before he wrapped his arm around her unexpectedly. Luna stood still shocked at the move he just pulled.

"Come on, it will keep you warm," he told her as they continued walking. Boy, was he right. A sudden rush of heat filled her whole body as well as shivers going down her spine the moment he wrapped his arm around her. Little did she know, Ron felt the same way.

Luna came to a sudden stop and Ron looked at her questionably. "My hotel is just across the street. Thanks Ronald for a wonderful lunch. I had such a wonderful time"," she cleared up.

"Oh, I had fun too," he said before forcing himself to get go of her. Why am I having a hard time letting her go? And why does she feel like she is supposed to be there?

"See you around, Ronald. Goodbye" Luna said before making her way across the street.

"I hope we can do this again before we leave!" he shouted across the street making her turn around before entering into her hotel. She stood still before turning around not believing what was coming out of his mouth.

"I would like that very much. Goodbye!" she shouted back after collecting her thoughts together ignoring the looks that there were getting from people around him. She was glad she was across the street so he couldn't see how red she turned at his comment.

"Goodbye!" he shouted back. Ron couldn't help but smile the whole time as he made his way back to the shop to help George and Angelina.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry and Hermione were scheduled to drive to London later in the morning. To kill some time, Harry and Grangers were sitting in the lounge.

"Oh, Harry it was wonderful for you stay here and accompany Hermione to the wedding. Chris and I really do appreciate it," Mrs. Granger said as she leaned onto Mr. Granger's chest.

"Really, M—Jane it was purely my pleasure. You have such a lovely house and family," Harry reassured Mrs. Granger.

"Thank you Harry," Mrs. Granger said blushing at Harry's compliment.

Mr. Granger watched the blush creped up onto his wife face. "Harry, you're not trying to steal my daughter from me and my wife, are you?" Mr. Granger said with a stern face looking straight at Harry.

Harry gulped, "No. No sir I—," Harry stumbled to find the right words avoiding looking into Mr. Granger's eyes. He could be so intimating sometimes.

"Daddy!” Hermione said shockingly.

"Chris! Look what you have done, he has gone pale now.” Mrs. Granger scolded.

Mr. Granger couldn't help but laugh. "I'm sorry, Harry but your face was priceless,"

Harry flashed them an innocent smile that made Hermione light headed.

She felt slightly guilty that Harry didn't get to share memories like she shares with her parents. But she knew one day he will make a wonderful father and husband. She felt a pang of jealously for the woman who will spend the rest of her life with him and mother his children, though she didn't have a clue why. Watching her parents and Harry get along so well together really made her heart swell with joy and happiness. Would Ron get along with my parents as well as Harry does? Will my parents welcome Ron with open arms once I become his wife just like they did with Harry?

"Hermione are you alright?" Harry asked interrupting her thoughts.

"I'm fine, Harry" Hermione replied giving him a reassuring smile.

"Okay," Harry said giving her hand a gentle squeeze before letting go. Hermione felt this radiating heat from his touch through out her whole body. Hermione felt this "feeling" again and it was getting harder to push aside.

Mr. and Mrs. Granger were watching curiously between Harry and Hermione. They could see how crazy Harry could make their daughter react with just a gentle squeeze of the hand. They could see the undying love Harry has for Hermione through his emerald eyes. Though, Hermione doesn't realize it yet, but she has the same undying love in her cinnamon eyes but it wasn't for Ron, but Harry.

Hermione finally stood up. "Harry we should get going," Hermione said looking into her wrist watch checking the time.

Harry got up from his seat and shortly after so did Mr. and Mrs. Granger.

"Thank you for letting me stay in your lovely house Chris and Jane," Harry thanked again giving Mr. Granger a firm handshake just before he was about to do the same to Mrs. Granger, she pulled him into a motherly hug.

"Oh, Harry. You're welcome to come and visit any time. Don't be afraid to stop by and say hello," Mrs. Granger reassured still holding on to Harry.

Harry returned the hug. "Sure thing," He replied before stepping aside so they could give their daughter a proper goodbye. Harry watched as the Grangers pulled into a group hug until Hermione broke away and hugged her father first.

"Daddy, please take care. Don't over work yourself," Hermione ordered holding on to her father.

"I promise pumpkin. I want to do the same," Mr. Granger replied as he kissed his daughter on top of her head.

Hermione smile at her dad once more before pulling her mother into a hug.

"Take care, Mum. Be sure Daddy takes care of his body. You too, don't over work yourself in the clinic,"

"Yes, and Hermione just like what your father said I hope you do the same," Mrs. Granger replied before wrapping her arms around her husband. "Goodbye you two, and drive safely. I wish you could stay longer. I guess we'll see you at the wedding," Mrs. Granger said as she watches Harry and Hermione retrieve their coats.

"Goodbye," Harry and Hermione greeted before exiting out the door and making their way to the car.

Mr. and Mrs. Granger waved a gentle goodbye to them as they drove away.

Mrs. Granger looked into Mr. Granger's eyes and flashed him a sad smile. He knew exactly what his wife was thinking. He was thinking the same thing, though he didn't like to admit it. They hoped that they would realize that they were meant for each other before it was too late.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

After a long drive to London late in the afternoon, they finally checked into their hotel room.

They were on the twelfth floor looking down the hall for their suite.

"421… 422… 423… and 424," Harry named each suite as they continued their way down the hall looking for their suite.

"424 here is our room," Hermione said before putting the key and opening the door.

"Oh, Harry the view is amazing up here. I bet London will look even more beautiful when it's dark outside,” Hermione exclaimed dropping her luggage and going straight to the balcony. It was a very lovely two bedroom suite and one bath with a nice view over the city. It had a decent size for each bedroom just across the hall from each other; they even had a little kitchen area.

Harry moved her luggage on to side along with his so he could close the door before following Hermione. Harry walked up on the balcony watching Hermione lean over the railing looking down at the city. The way her curly brown hair was swaying with the breeze coming by and her beautiful smile as she scanned the city made Harry's heart leap out of his chest. She looks beautiful. "You're right the view is beautiful," Harry said keeping his eyes on Hermione.

Hermione gave Harry a gentle smile before entering back into their suite. Harry followed shortly after.

"Well, you decide which room you want," Hermione said as she retrieves her luggage to where Harry left them.

"Any room left from the one you decide you want is fine by me," Harry said shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Must you always act like a gentle man?"

"I try to," Harry teased.

Hermione let out a heartily laugh, "I think I want this room,"

"Alright then", Harry said before moving his luggage into his respected room.

"I guess we should just get ourselves settled. We'll meet back here,"

Harry nodded.

Hermione quickly went into her room and locked the door. She leaned against the door and took in a deep breath. Her heart hasn’t stop beating hard since they got into the car.

"What's going on with me? This 'feeling' won't go away. Why can't I control myself when I'm around Harry?" Hermione asked herself quietly.

She waited a little while trying to control herself before removing her clothes out of her luggage and into the dresser across the queen sized bed.

"You need to control yourself, Hermione. You're a grown woman. Matter of fact, you are an engaged woman. You shouldn't be having these feeling towards Harry, your best friend," Hermione ordered herself.

Hermione let a deep sigh. Who am I kidding? I can't do anything with this 'feeling' even if I want to. I'm so confused; I just want to forget about this.

After unpacking, Hermione decided to meet Harry up in the lounge.

Hermione was surprised that Harry wasn't out of his room yet so she sat on the couch and pick up on of the magazines from the coffee table and began to read. Hermione was getting frustrated she couldn't control herself around Harry, now only being a part for a few minutes she was going bonkers. It was like she was longing to be with Harry. After skimming through all five magazines on the coffee table, Hermione decided to get up and knock on Harry's door and check on him.

Just before she was about to get up from the couch, Harry entered the room with his hair messier than usual and damped. He was wearing fresh new clothes.

"Oh, you're already here. Sorry to keep you waiting. I decided to take a nice bath after the long drive here in London," Harry apologized before smiling sweetly.

Hermione gulped, she had to admit Harry looked quite handsome with his jet black hair being all messy and wet. She let out a shaky breath, "It's okay Harry. So about the rest of the day. What do you want to do?"

Harry ran his fingers through his hair before answering, "I have no idea. What do you want to do Hermione?” Hermione decided to turn away resisting the urge to run her fingers through his hair.

"I have no idea either," Hermione answered.

They both looked around the room trying to come up with an idea of what to do the rest of the night instead of staying in the hotel all day. Hermione bit her lip as she tried to come up with an idea of what to do. Harry watched her bite her lip. Her lips look so kissable right now.

Hermione came to London with her parents a million times, but all the things they did in London were considered fun for a child not for someone around Harry and Hermione's age. As Harry and Hermione spent a few minutes brain storming ideas, telling each other suggestions, the magazines on the table caught Hermione's eyes.

"I know what we should!” Hermione exclaimed.

"What is it Hermione?” Harry asked.

"It's a surprise, I tell you later. All I can't tell you now, but just dress nice tonight. No further questions alright?"

"Alright."

Glancing at her wrist watch. "Well, we still have a few hours to kill. How about we explore the hotel?” Hermione suggested.

"Sounds like a plan," Harry said.

Harry and Hermione got out of their hotel room and decided to look at the local shops located in the hotel.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry and Hermione returned to the hotel room and were getting ready for the night out. Harry was in his room deciding on something simple to wear.

Hermione was digging in her dresser looking for something to wear. "Ugh, I have nothing to wear!" Hermione said as she tossed a blouse behind her.

Her room was covered with her clothes tossed everywhere. While digging through a pile of clothes she stopped herself. "What am I doing? I'm just going out with Harry, my best friend. Why am I worrying about what to wear?" Hermione asked herself.

What is going on with me? Hermione thought to herself as she gave a quick flick of her wand and cleaned up the place.

After putting the clothes back in the dresser, Hermione just threw on a simple jumper, jeans and ballet flats. She didn't bother with her hair, knowing that it wouldn't agree with her she just pinned her bangs back. After checking if she looked alright, she headed out the door to meet up with Harry in lounge.

Hermione was making her way to the lounge when she saw Harry already sitting on the couch waiting for her.

"Hey Hermione are you ready?" Harry asked as he got up and ran his fingers though his silky messy jet black hair.

The sight of him took her breath away. He was just wearing a simple button up shirt and jeans along with converse but even though she would never let herself admit it, he looked amazing.

"Hermione?” Harry asked making sure she heard him.

Hermione shook her head to clear her thoughts. "Um—er— yes. Are you ready?"

"Yes. So where are you taking me?"

"To a club I saw down the street on our drive here." Hermione answered.

"Excuse me, did you say a club?" Harry asked making sure he heard her right.

"Yes, Harry that's exactly what I said. Why do you look so surprised?" Hermione asked slightly irritated.

"I'm sorry Hermione, but the club is the last place I picture you planning to spend our night,” Harry answered honestly.

"Well, I figure you wanted to have a night out after spending two days at my parents and we can't do anything tomorrow night because the wedding is the very next day. So what better day to have fun than tonight? "

"First of all, I actually enjoyed spending those two days with your parents. Second of all Hermione wanting to have fun? The world must be coming to an end," Harry said as he opened the door for Hermione.

"Hey!" Hermione said while playfully elbowing him in the ribs. "Hermione Granger can let loose every once in a while and thank you," she said with a smile.

Harry smiled back.

The both decide to walk to the club since it was only down the street. Once they arrived at the club, they had to wait through a long line before entering.

"So, have you heard from Ron yet?" Harry asked trying to diffuse the tension.

"No actually… He must be really busy," Hermione said as if she was making an excuse not to owl Ron first.

"Oh.", Harry said taking a step closer to the entrance.

"So, have you been to any night clubs in America?"

"Yes with friends I met in America. I've only went a few times," Harry answered. "Have you been here before?"

"No I've never been here before. I've only been to wizard night clubs, but I usually go with Ginny. This is my first time going to a muggle night club" Hermione said moving forward a few more spaces closer to the entrance.

"Let's play a game called would you rather. It's a muggle game I play with my parents to kill time." Hermione suggested.

"Okay, how do you play?" Harry asked.

"Well, first I give you two situations and you have to choose one then you'll give me two situations and I have to choose one," Hermione explained.

"Okay,"

"Would you rather… be one of George's lab rat for new products for the shop or watch Ron eat at a buffet without looking away after eating?", Hermione asked taking a few step forward.

"Uh— this is difficult,"

Hermione laughed. "That's the whole point of the game Harry."

"I would rather watch Ron eat at a buffet without looking away"

"Okay, your turn come up with two situations for me to choose."

"Would you rather… burn your copyof 'Hogwarts: A History' or watch someone burn down Hogwart's library and do nothing about it?” Harry asked smirking at her.

Hermione set a deep sigh. "This one is a tough one. I would rather burn 'Hogwarts: A History'. In that way I could save many other books, beside I could replace my copy for a new one." Hermione said babbling away as they continue to move forward. "My turn again, would you rather break your Firebolt or sit in a press conference with Rita Skeeter for an hour?"

Harry gave a soft grunt. "My Firebolt is a special gift from Sirius, but then again I hate doing anything with the press not to mention Rita Skeeter." Harry stayed silent for a few minutes. "I think I would go with the press conference because they will print lies no matter what I say."

"I would make the same choice." Hermione said as they were only three people away from the entrance.

"My turn, okay Hermione would you rather fly on a broom stick by your self 250 meters off the ground or ride with me and do Wronski Feint three times in a row?"

"A Wonk-Faint?” Hermione asked making sure she heard him correctly.

"A Wronski Feint." he corrected.

"Oh whatever." Hermione said rolling her eyes as they continued to step forward and get closer.

Hermione stood silent for a while, thinking long and hard about making her decision. She bit her lip along with the process. Harry stood there and watched her carefully, memorizing every detail. I have to admit, she looks amazing tonight, even though she just wearing a simple jumper and jeans. Plus, I love the way she bites her lip when she is deep in thought, it makes her lips look undesirably kissable.

Interrupting his thoughts, Hermione finally spoke up. "I think I would rather ride with yo—" Hermione started until the body guard interrupted.

"Hello, welcome to Night and Day club", he greeted as he unclip the red rope.

Hermione flashed a sweet innocent smile before leading their way into the club. That sweet innocent smile wasn't so sweet and innocent to Harry's body. Her smile made his stomach turn and flip over.

The club was crowded. There was people dancing, drinking, relaxing everywhere. The music was loud and deafening. There were lights flashing everywhere. It smelt like sweat, smoke, and alcohol.

"I'll find us a seat," Harry shouted.

"What?!" Hermione yelled back.

He leaned closer to her ear, making her legs go weak as she could feel the heat of his breath hit against her soft skin. "I'll find us a seat", He repeated loud enough for her to hear but not deafen her.

She nodded okay as she made her way to the bar. When she finally arrived she decided to take the empty seat in front of her as she ordered two beers. Hermione took a few minutes to recollect herself before finding Harry.

After getting up, she found Harry near the back of the club. He found a table where it was quieter and had more privacy. She smiled at the sight of him and made her way through the crowd towards Harry. Her smile soon faded away slowly as she caught a sight of a blonde girl flirting with Harry. Something hit her, and it hit her hard. What am I feeling? I can't be jealous. I'm NOT Harry's girlfriend and Harry isn't mines. He is free to do anything he wants, remember Hermione you are engaged.

Hermione released a deep sigh before finally making her way to Harry. She cleared her throat and glared at the blonde, who was basically throwing herself at Harry.

"Oh", the blonde girl said with an irritating high pitched voice before walking away.

Harry looked at her with concern as she handed him his beer. "Hermione is there something wrong?"

"No, of course not", Hermione lied. Harry didn't look convinced so she forced a smile. Harry, knew her smile was forced and decided to let it go.

Hermione sighed in relief. Harry and Hermione both took at sip of their beer as they sat in awkward silence.

Harry was tracing his finger on the water ring left from where his beer was left earlier lost in his own thoughts. Hermione couldn't have gotten jealous, right? Harry shook his head. You're crazy Potter! She obviously doesn't see you in that way. You're just her best friend nothing more nothing less. Harry took another sip of his beer from the depressing thought.

Hermione too was lost in her own thoughts. She was confused and frustrated over these feelings she recently developed. I just want to forget about it. I just want to forget about these feelings about Harry, the engagement, everythingeven for one night. Hermione gulped down her whole beer down her throat. She never could handle alcohol very well—usually one or two glass of wine, but tonight she was going to let go.

Harry shot her a concerned look. "Hermione, I think you should slow down on the beer."

"Oh, come on Harry I'm just having fun! You should too!" She replied.

Shortly, a waiter arrived at their table. "Would you like anything sir? Ma'am?"

"I would like two beers one for Harry and one more me." Hermione answered.

"—Actually, make that one. I'm good for now" Harry added showing him his beer bottle. The waiter nodded and disappeared into the crowd.

"Hermione are you sure you're alright?" Harry asked.

"Yes, Harry."

Harry shot her an unconvincing look and ran his fingers through his jet-black hair and taking another sip of his beer. Again, he decided not to push it, "So what was your answer?"

"Excuse me?", Hermione asked unaware about what he was talking about.

"Would you rather fly by yourself 250 met—" Harry said before he was cut off.

"Oh, yeah." Hermione said remembering cutting Harry off. "I rather ride with you." Hermione answered.

Harry raised his eye brows. "With me? Why?" Harry asked surprised.

Hermione shrugged her shoulders as the waiter came back with her beer. "Anything else?", he asked.

"Yeah, I would like a margarita." Hermione ordered. Again, the waiter nodded before making his way back to the bar.

"Why?" Hermione repeated continuing their conversation. "I'm not so sure. I guess, if I ever had to go flying I would rather ride with you. After watching you on a broom all these years, you seem to know what you are doing and you enjoy it. It's quite a sight. Not to mention I feel safer when I'm with you— especially when it comes to flying." Hermione answered nonchalantly.

Harry smiled at her response. Hermione had to look away, her heart was beater louder than the bass in the club. Hermione was getting even more confused by the second. She took her beer and gulped half of the bitter liquid down her throat feeling the burning sensation in her throat.

Flashbacks from third year entered her mind. She remembered what it felt like holding on to Harry as they rode on Buckbeat to save Sirius. Though she has a fear of flying, she never felt so safe holding on to him— she had this strange feeling like she belonged with Harry. That certain memory made her question herself. Did I always have this 'feeling' towards Harry?

Harry shot her another disapproving look but decided not to do anything about it. Did she really say that she rather ride with me than by herself? He thought as he took another sip of his beer trying to hide his satisfaction smile.

Hermione finally gathered up her courage and glanced at Harry. He was deep in thought, she could see it— in his eyes. In that very moment she realized that this 'feeling' towards Harry was no longer just friendship or how a sister feels towards her brother, it was much more than that. But was it attraction? Lust? Or even if she dare say it love?

Hermione didn't want to deal with that right now, all she wanted to do was forget. "Forget" Hermione's thoughts echoed in her mind. Hermione reached for her beer and gulp the other half down her throat. As she began to feel the bitter liquid slide down her throat, it was as if all her problems slowly slid down her throat and out of her mind as well.

Soon Hermione began to feel the alcohol kick in, her vision began to blur. The waiter arrived with Hermione's margarita. "Thank you," Hermione said as she took a sip of her drink as she began to sway along with the music playing in the club. Suddenly, Hermione's eyes grew wide, "Harry! Let's go dancing!", Hermione suggested standing up from her seat.

Harry laughed and shook his head, "No thank you. If you remembered back in forth year I don't dance."

Hermione laughed at the memory. "Oh come on Harry! Please, all you have to do is sway with the music.", Hermione begged.

"I'm perfectly fine here, watching our table."

Hermione sighed then made her way to the dance floor after she took another sip of her drink.

Harry laughed to himself as he watched Hermione danced and swayed to the music. He smiled as he continued to watch her and took another sip of his beer. His smile quickly turned into a frown as he watch a tall lean male decided to dance up on Hermione, which Hermione was totally oblivious to because she was tipsy.

Harry quickly gulped down his beer before making his way to Hermione and this bloke.

Hermione was just swaying with the music, not aware of the man grinding on top of her. She was more focused on the numb feeling she was feeling right now.

Harry loudly cleared his throat loud enough to hear over the music. But the man ignored Harry and continues to dance on Hermione. Losing his patience, Harry tapped on the bloke's shoulder. The man turned around and told Harry to find his own girl to dance on. His comment made Harry lose it, Harry grabbed the man's shoulder forcing him to turn around before punching him on the face. The man fell onto the floor holding on to his now broken nose.

"Harry!", Hermione screamed putting herself between the man and Harry. Quickly security enter the scene and just before they could say anything, Harry picked up Hermione and threw her over his shoulder, "Don't worry we were just leaving." Harry said.

Harry ignored her and continued to walk towards the exit with Hermione over his shoulder. Once they finally made their way out of the club, he finally put her down and allowing her to walk.

Harry allowed Hermione to walk a few steps ahead of him. Harry laughed to himself as she watched Hermione stagger left and right.

Suddenly, Hermione stop walking and fainted. Fortunately, Harry was right behind her and caught her before she fell down. "Hermione are you alright?", Harry asked concerned while holding her in his arms.

Her eyes fluttered open. Harry felt his heart flutter as well as his emerald eyes came on contact with her brown ones. "Harry?"

"Yes?"

"There are five of you". Harry chuckled to himself as she pointed her figure out and attempted to count the 'Harrys'. "And Harry?"

"Yes?"

"I'm tired.", Hermione said weakly.

"I know.", Harry replied with a smile before picking Hermione up in his arms as they made their way back to the hotel. Harry tried to control his heart as Hermione snuggled her face into the crook of his neck. Silently hoping she couldn't tell how fast and hard his heart was pounding because of her.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

The sun is filling up the room

And I can hear you dreaming

Do you feel the way I do right now?

I wish we would just give up

Cause the best part is falling

Call it anything but love

And I will make sure to keep my distance

Say "I love you" when you're not listening

How long can we keep this up, up, up?

And please don't stand so close to me

I'm having trouble breathing

I'm afraid of what you'll see right now

I give you everything I am

All my broken heart beats

Until I know you understand

And I will make sure to keep my distance

Say "I love you" when you're not listening

How long can we keep this up, up, up?

And I keep waiting

For you to take me

You keep waiting

To save what we have

So I'll make sure to keep my distance

Say "I love you" when you're not listening

How long can we keep this up, up, up?

Make sure to keep my distance

Say "I love you" when you're not listening

How long till we call this love, love, love?

"Distance" By Christina Perri

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

They finally made their way back to the hotel with no problems. Harry opened Hermione room with Hermione still in his arms. Harry took a second staring at Hermione, who fell asleep in his arms. She is so beautiful. I just want to hold her in my arms forever. Harry let out a sigh before putting Hermione into her bed.

He transformed her clothes into pajamas and took off her shoes before tucking her in. Harry sat next to her at the edge of the bed. Harry took another moment to look at Hermione as she slept peacefully with her curly brown hair fanned out on the pillow. He stared at her perfection and beauty. Harry absentmindedly brushed a piece of hair out of her face and behind her ear.

"Hermione, you don't know how crazy you make me feel. How the sight of you makes my heart want to pound out of my chest. How I can't breathe with you near me. And you don't know how much it kills me to see you with him. But as long as your happy, I'm happy.", Harry said looking at Hermione watching her sleep.

Harry gazed move onto the floor. "If I only knew what I know now. Maybe, just maybe you would be mines. But don't worry, I will make sure to keep my distance."

Harry got up from the bed and looked at Hermione once again, " I'll do it, even though it kills me Hermione. I'll do it because I love you, Hermione." Harry said just above a whisper before bending down and kissing Hermione on her forehead.

I always wanted to say that to you, but I guess, only when you're not listening will do for now. Harry thought to himself before turning out the lights and heading to his bedroom.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

AN: Whoo! That was a long chapter!!! Oh, things are heating up between our favorite pairs. Stay tune and review to find out what happens next! I hope it makes up for not updating sooner! Sorry, if any of the characters are OOC, I just needed to tweak them out a bit so they will fit perfectly for the plot I planned out. I just want to dedicate this chapter to one Anonymous reviewer who told me in the last review about how the chapter reminded them of the song "Distance" by Christina Perri. I finally listened to the song, I absolutely fell in love with it! So I decided to base the end of the chapter from the song! If you haven't heard the song! I highly suggest it! I hope you guys liked the long chapter! Please Review!

13. 13. Trying to Figure Things Out

Things Don’t Always Go as Planned

Chapter Thirteen:

AN: Hey, guys! Finally fixed this “computer problem”. I’m just going to use my mom’s new computer to write these stories until I can get my own laptop again. Until, then please be patient with me. I’ve been so busy with school and all, but I really do try to get these updates as soon a possible. I apologize in advance for any spelling or grammar errors.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry gazed move onto the floor. "If I only knew what I know now. Maybe, just maybe you would be mines. But don't worry, I will make sure to keep my distance."

Harry got up from the bed and looked at Hermione once again, " I'll do it, even though it kills me Hermione. I'll do it because I love you, Hermione." Harry said just above a whisper before bending down and kissing Hermione on her forehead.

I always wanted to say that to you, but I guess, only when you're not listening will do for now. Harry thought to himself before turning out the lights and heading to his bedroom.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione woke up with a pounding in her head. She reached out one hand to massage her throbbing temple. Hermione looked around surprised to find herself in her bed at the Hotel. She got up from her bed and gathered her clothes, hoping a nice hot shower will help with her hangover.

She entered the bathroom and placed her clothes near the counter of the sink. Then she turned on the shower and let it run for a while. Before hopping into the shower, she looked at herself in the mirror.

Wow, don’t I look bloody fantastic? That will be the last time I’m going to “forget” and “have fun”. Hermione sighed to herself as she continued to look at herself in the mirror. Her hair is bushier, some strands sticking in all directions. The clips she used last night to pin her bangs were now dangling at the ends of her hair. Her clothes were all wrinkled and smelt like smoke from the club. She scrunched her face in disgust.

As she was looking at herself, Hermione tried to recall the events from last night. I can’t remember anything. But no matter how hard she tried to remember, her mind was blank. She didn’t remember anything not even how she and Harry got back to the hotel.

“All I remember is watching this blonde throw herself at Harry, then all hell broke loose.” Hermione said to herself before stripping down her clothes and hopping in the hot steamy shower.

After coming out of the hot shower, Hermione seemed to feel better. She quickly threw on her gray shirt and skinny denim jeans before getting out of the bathroom to the lounge.

There she found Harry brewing a potion in the tiny kitchen the room provided. “Harry?,” Hermione asked surprised as he poured the green substance into a vile. I wonder what he is doing?

“Good morning sunshine!,” Harry said practically yelling. Being well aware of her situation. A smirk appeared on his face as he watch Hermione cringed in pain.

“Harry, not so loud!”, she said trying to cover her ears from Harry’s screaming.

Harry let out a laugh, “Maybe that will teach you not to drink so much next time and maybe you should listen to me more often.”

Hermione laughed, “Trust me, I never want to drink again!”

“You say that now wait until the wedding. Anyways I made you a hung over potion, this will help,” Harry said handing Hermione a small vile of green liquid.

“Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I could kiss you!,” Hermione thanked Harry as she took the vile from Harry and swallowed it down in one gulp. She was totally unaware that Harry’s stomach was doing flips at her comment.

Harry ran his fingers through his black hair as someone knocked at the door yelling “Foodservice”.

Hermione gave Harry a look, “You ordered breakfast for us? Harry can you get any better?,” Hermione said as she walked right pass him to open the door. The server quickly placed the tray into the room before walking straight out as Harry and Hermione said their ‘thank you’s.

“Wow! Harry, you truly out done yourself! Bacon, eggs, bagels, cream cheese, orange juice with no pulp… you know exactly what I want! Harry you’re the best.”

Harry blushed at her comment as he began to dig into his plate. Hermione smiled to herself before digging into her plate as well. That was very sweet of him to order us breakfast and brew me a hang over potion.

After taking a sip of her orange juice, she cleared her throat to catch Harry’s attention. “Thanks, Harry for everything. I know I was a handful last night. I actually don’t remember much.”

“Oh, it’s alright Hermione. I know you would do the same for me. Besides, what are best friends for?”

For some odd reason, Hermione felt slightly hurt. Get it together Granger, this is Harry, you know your best friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

“Right, best friends.”, she repeated herself.

Harry laughed to himself as events from last night replayed in his mind. He remembered how silly Hermione acted drunk. The way she staggered as she walked, she acted so ‘Un-Hermione’ like.

Hermione shot him an amused look. “What’s so funny?”

“It’s nothing.”, Harry said shrugging his shoulders.

Hermione raised an eyebrow at him, before taking a bite of her bagel.

“So, what is our plans tonight Ms. Granger?,” trying to change the subject.

“Well, Mr. Potter due to the events of last night and the fact that the wedding is tomorrow. I figure we could just stay in the hotel? Maybe rent a movie or two and order some pizza? How does that sound to you?”

Harry smiled, “Sounds like a plan.”

Hermione smiled back.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry and Hermione decided to get out of their hotel room and explore the city a bit before looking around to rent a movie.

They were walking side by side, enjoying each other’s company in a comfortable silence. Surround by people, buildings, and noisy cars. Suddenly, Harry decided to break the silence.

“So, Hermione. Tell me more about your family,” he said as he shoved his hands into his pockets hoping to start a conversation.

Hermione flashed him a tiny smile that make his heart race. “Well, I told you how close Daisy and I were. I’ve never really met Scott, Daisy’s fiancé, but from what she told me he sounds like a good guy.”

“You talked to her recently?,” Harry asked bemused totally unaware Hermione has seen her cousin, based off what she told him he assumed that she hasn’t seen Daisy since she moved.

“Yes, it was a while ago. She came over to my parent’s house on my birthday. Umm… she asked me to be her one of her bridesmaid. She was hoping it would bring us closer like we were when we were younger. Obviously, I turned her down because I was living at the Burrow at the time and she wanted to come over and talk details—“

“but she doesn’t know about you being a witch,” Harry finished.

Hermione gave Harry a sad smile. “Yes,” confirmed before looking at the sky. “So, I just made an excuse saying that I was busy and couldn’t handle the responsibility of being one of her bridesmaid. But you know what Harry, it felt so good to talk to her again. It was like she didn’t move, like nothing has changed.”

Harry nodded. I hate her to feel so down. “Does anybody in your family know that you’re a witch, besides your parents?”

“My grandparents on both sides, but other than that nobody else”, Hermione answered.

“It must be so hard on you. You must wish you could tell them about being a witch.”

“Not really. Sure I want to be myself around them and I feel slightly guilty that I’m hiding who I truly am from my family but I know they wouldn’t except it the way I hope them to”

“I love this,” Harry said as he let out a giant sigh.

“Love what?”, Hermione asked looking around.

“This. Being able to stand here in a crowd and spend time with you, not a single person noticing us saying, ‘Look it’s Harry Potter and Hermione Granger’”

Hermione let out a laugh. “I love this too”

Harry smiled. How can she make me smile like mad man? Interrupting his thought, Hermione shoved him with her shoulder.

“As much as I enjoy this, we better get to the rent the movies soon or we will won’t be able to watch anything”

Harry nodded before following her into a local movie-renting store. He watched as she automatically went browsing for a movie to watch. She is so beautiful even though she is just wearing a simple fitted t-shirt and jeans. She looks like she is going to choose a book to read at the library.

“What? Is there something on my face?” Hermione said bringing her hands to her face worried.

Harry slowly walked up to Hermione and brought Hermione’s hands down from her face. “There is nothing wrong with your face.” Harry said as he kept his emerald eyes locked with her brown ones. After staying like this for a few moments Harry finally stepped back blushing slightly embarrassed that he got caught staring at her.

After staring at Harry for a while. She began studying him, Hermione shook her head. “Are you going to try to find something you wanted to watch?”

Harry rubbed the back of his neck as his eyes scanned through the selections of movies to watch, avoiding looking at Hermione. “I’ll be fine with what ever you choose”

Hermione shot him an amused look. “Really?” Hermione said before picking up a DVD and showing Harry “A Walk to Remember, sounds good to you?”

Harry let out a disgusted look at he looked at the cover of a chick-flick, “If that’s what you really want.”

Hermione let out a laugh, “I’m just messing with you, Harry.”

Harry let out another sigh of relief, which made Hermione laugh even harder. Her laughs are contagious, Harry thought to himself as he began to laugh with her.

After their laughter settle down, Hermione said while picking up two DVDs and showing them to Harry, “I decided base on something we both want to watch.”

Harry looked at the two DVDs, “Spider-Man and The Mummy Returns. Seems like movies that I’ll like.”

Hermione smiled as if she got a hundred percent on a test. “We should buy some popcorn while we are here.”

Harry nodded as they grabbed a box of popcorn and headed to the cashier to pay for the DVDs and the popcorn.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

After paying for the movies and the popcorn they made their way back to the hotel. The minute they made it back to their hotel room, they both decided to change into something more confortable since they were going to say in their hotel room. Hermione changed into plain white fitted t-shirt and soft cotton blue pajama bottoms. Harry entered the room with a grey t-shirt that hugged his body in the right places and plaid blue pajama bottoms.

Hermione picked up the phone and ordered some pizza while Harry sat down on the couch making himself comfortable.

“Hello? Yes, we would like to order some pizza. We would like a large pizza half supreme and the other—­,” Hermione ordered over the phone looking over to Harry. The moment her eyes laid on his, it was like she could read his mind. “the other with variety of meats to the St Ermin’s Hotel to room 424. Thank you.” she continued.

Harry flashed her a lopsided charming smile that took her breath away. “How about we start watching one movie as we wait for the pizza to arrive?”, Harry suggested while picking up the movies from the coffee table.

“Sounds good.”, Hermione replied as she moved towards the kitchen area to pop the popcorn.

“Which one do you want to watch first Hermione?”

“Since I picked the movies, you choose,” she answered as she waited the popcorn to be done.

“Fine, it’s settled. We’ll watch Spider-Man first then The Mummy Returns later”

“Perfect”, Hermione said walking back into the lounge with a bowl of popcorn as Harry popped the DVD into the DVD player.

Both of them sat down onto the couch next to each other watching the movie. A little into the movie there was a knock on the door. Since both of them were captivated by the movie, the delivery knocked on the door. Finally, Hermione paused the movie while Harry got up to answer the door.

Harry opened the door and saw the deliveryman with their pizza. “Oh, I’m sorry.” Harry apologized.

“Harry, it’s that’s the pizza?”, Hermione yelled out getting up into her room for her purse so she could pay for the pizza.

“Yes!”, Harry shouted back. “Sorry, about that.”, Harry apologized again to the deliveryman.

“No problem.”, the deliveryman responded.

After waiting for about a minute, Hermione came from behind Harry and handed the deliveryman the money for the pizza. “I’m sorry for the wait.”

“No problem. Have a good night!”, he said before Harry closed the door and they made their way back to the lounge to watch the movie.

“Press play, Harry!”, Hermione said while plopping herself down on the couch again holding a slice of pizza.

Harry laughed to himself as he did what Hermione said and pressed play. “You’re really enjoying Spider-Man, huh?”

“Yes! The plot just got interesting, I just want to find out if Mary Jane and Peter end up together?! They are so cute together. Plus, I like the way his tights displays his bum. I can’t wait to see him dress as Spider-Man.”

Harry let out another laugh, “You are such a girl”, and he said rolling his eyes as he made his way back next to her grabbing a slice of pizza.

Hermione playfully pushed him before paying attention to the movie again.

Finally, the credits rolled onto the screen. “That was a good movie.”, Harry said while getting up from the couch to change the movie.

“Yes, it was, but Peter and Mary Jane didn’t end up together. They only ended as friends.”, Hermione said slightly disappointed.

Harry laughed, “Hermione, this is only the first movie of the Spider-Man series. Who knows maybe they will end up together in the end.”

“I sure hope so, before you start the other movie, I’m going to get a blanket it’s getting cold in here.” Hermione grabbed her wand from the coffee table, she and Harry carried their wands everywhere even when they didn’t use them. Just old habits they didn’t dropped since the War.

“Accio blanket.” Shortly after a blanket came flying into her hands.

Hermione absent-mindedly placed the blanket over her and over Harry’s legs. Harry looked her surprised as she snuggled next to him. Hermione didn’t know why she did it, it just felt right. They were doing anything wrong, they always did this before even before Hermione got together with Ron.

It took Harry a few minutes to get over his shock before wrapping his arm around Hermione.

The moment Hermione felt Harry’s strong arms around her, when Hermione realized what position she was in. What are we doing? We were just watching the movie, then I got out a blanket now we are cuddling­­­— no Harry just simply wrapped— never mind. We shouldn’t be doing this, but—we are just friends and he just trying to make me comfortable because I cold.

Hermione shook her head and decided to push her thoughts to the side and just enjoy the watching the movie with Harry.

Harry must have thought the same thing because neither moved nor say a word. They stayed this way, until Hermione jumped and buried her face into Harry’s t-shirt screaming. Harry just held on to her and let out a tiny chuckle.

Once Hermione knew it was okay to look at the screen again, she lifted her face away from Harry’s shirt and playfully slapped him. “It wasn’t funny! I just— just got off guard.”, Hermione tried to defend herself.

“Sure.”, Harry said jokingly rolling his eyes.

“Ha. Ha. Very funny Harry.”, Hermione said with a straight face.

Harry just shook his head smiling as they both continued to watch the movie again.

Finally, the movie ended and Hermione lifted her head and turned to look at Harry. She chuckled to herself quietly to find him fast asleep.

He must be tired, waking up early after taking care of me then walking around London all day, Hermione thought to herself as she watch Harry’s sleeping form.

He looks so cute when he is sleeping— he looks like he is at peace. As Hermione watched Harry she remembered the feelings she tried to push aside last night.

~ In that very moment she realized that this 'feeling' towards Harry was no longer just friendship or how a sister feels towards her brother, it was much more than that. But was it attraction? Lust? Or even if she dare say it love? (END FLASHBACK)~

As Hermione continued to watch Harry sleep and she tried to figured out this intense ‘feeling’ towards Harry she has been feeling lately. Yes this no longer than just friendship nor is it how a sister feels towards her brother.

Harry began to stir, but he continued to sleep his arm still wrapped around Hermione. Attraction? Maybe— I have to admit, Harry is handsome. He is what many girls would say tall, dark, and handsome. Oh, and his eyes— his deep emerald green eyes. Even though he hates his untamable mop of hair, I quite like it. Harry isn’t built but he was toned in the right places. But that doesn’t prove anything, any girl wouldn’t deny Harry is attractive.

Hermione started to touch strands of Harry’s hair. A smile appeared on Harry’s face at her touch. Hermione couldn’t help but smile to herself. But it isn’t just Harry’s appearance that makes me him attractive, but his qualities as well. He is sweet, kind, brave, caring, humble, funny, and smart. Any girl, would fall for Harry if they got pass “Harry Potter The Boy Who Lived” and got to know “Just Harry” like I do.

She let out a quiet sigh. But was this feeling lust or love? I don’t know, but all I know is this feeling is intense and I’ve never felt this way before— not for Victor—Ron and it’s scaring me to death. Hermione began to feel a guilty. Why am I only feeling like this now?

Hermione felt her eyelids beginning to droop. She snuggled closer to Harry and buried her face into his chest. Soon sleep over took Hermione and she began dreaming about a certain wizard with green eyes and jet-black hair, who was in matter of fact dreaming about her too.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry woke up, he was surprised to find himself in the lounge. Then, he remembered he fell asleep during the movie. As Harry’s eyes began to scan the room, Harry felt this weight on his chest. His eyes felt on a bushy brown hair witch in his arms.

A smiled appeared on his face. No wonder I sleep so well. Harry checked the time. It was two o’clock in the morning. Harry knew as much as he loved sleeping like this. They both needed to go to bed especially since the wedding was later that day. They both needed to have a good nights sleep.

Harry quietly and slowly, removed himself from Hermione. Once he finally tore himself away from her, he remembered how she snuggled and placed the blanket around them earlier. Harry smiled again. Then, he remembered how she got scared from one of the scenes and she buried her face into Harry’s chest. Harry couldn’t help but laugh quietly to himself, so that he wouldn’t wake up Hermione.

Just before he was going to gently shake Hermione awake so she could move to her room. A mischievous smile appeared on his face.

Harry brought his face as close to Hermione’s with touching. He could see her long brown eye lashes and the tiny freckles spread across her face. She is beautiful. Then, all of the sudden Harry yelled into her face.

Hermione quickly jumped and screamed back punching Harry’s nose process. That sure woke Hermione up. She took a few minutes to calm her heart, when she suddenly saw Harry on the floor with his hands on his nose.

“Wha—who—Harry!”, Hermione exclaimed making her way to him. She began to slap Harry multiple times. “Don’t. You. Ever. Scare. Me. Like. That. Again”, she said with each slap.

Harry couldn’t help but laugh, “Didn’t you hurt me enough?”

“I certainly think you deserve more, but now you know not to wake me up like that”. Hermione notice his nose was bleeding. She started to feel bad, so she scooted closer to Harry. “Here let me heal you.” She reached out for her wand and muttered a spell that heal Harry’s nose. “Good as new.”

“Thanks , Hermione.”

Hermione couldn’t help but smile. “Now you know.”

“Yes. Now I know to never try to wake Hermione up by scaring her or else you’ll end up being punched in the face and a broken nose.”, Harry teased.

Hermione laughed. “Exactly!”, she played along. “We should clean up in here then head for bed.”

Harry nodded as he got up from the floor and offered a hand to Hermione. Hermione took it.

After cleaning the place up. Harry and Hermione started made their way to their rooms. Just before they were about to enter into their respected rooms Hermione turned around and said, “Harry?”

Harry turned around. “Yes, Hermione?”

She flashed him a tiny smile and said “Good night, Harry.”

He flashed her a tiny smile as well and said “Good night, Hermione.” before both of them entered their own rooms.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

AN: Sorry, it was a short chapter. But I hope I can make it up with the Daisy’s Wedding!!! I’m so excited to write it. I’ll try to update soon! Anyways, don’t forget to review!!!