Hellfire by HogwartsHellion Rating: R Genres: Romance, Action & Adventure Relationships: Harry & Hermione Book: Harry & Hermione, Books 1 - 7 Published: 18/07/2012 Last Updated: 18/07/2012 Status: Paused When a Demon is summoned from Hell, the entire human species is threatened. Life as it is known hangs in the balance as Harry, Hermione, Ron, and their friends, both old and new, race to defeat an immortal enemy. WARNING: LANGUAGE,EXTREME VIOLENCE 1. Chapter 1 ------------ I haven’t worked on this one in a while, and am in the middle of several other fics,(12 to be exact), so thank the plot bunnies for only three chapters. I’ll hopefully get back soon, until then, R&R, and I still don’t own HP. CHAPTER 1 I sat in the kitchen of No. 12 Grimmauld Place, pushing my breakfast around with a distinct lack of enthusiasm. It wasn’t until my watch beeped 0700 that I gave eating up as a lost cause, and got up. Pulling on my favorite leather jacket, I stepped outside. Looking around to make sure no one was watching, I apparated into the Ministry of Magic. I started working there as an auror three years ago, after the defeat of Voldemort. Strolling from the only non-warded room in the Ministry, I nodded to my fellow Aurors who stood guard outside the door. One called out something, so I turned. “What was that, Steven?” I asked, walking back up to the young Auror Trainee. “You look terrible this morning, Harry. Long night?” He asked, leaning against the wall, grinning. I raised an eyebrow. “Kingsley wants to see you. Real urgent.” “Thanks.” I turned and walked away. “See ya, Harry!” I smiled as I walked into a lift. Grumbling, creaking, and whining, the lift carried me away. Stepping out when it jarred to a halt, I made my way through the morning crowd to the Head of the Auror Office, Kingsley Shacklebolt. Knocking on the door, I heard Kingsley’s deep, slow voice tell me to come in. Entering, I closed the door behind me and was surprised to see my best friend, Hermione Granger, sitting in one of the chairs behind the desk. “Hi Harry!” She said, bounding out of the chair and hugging me hard. By the time my stunned brain told my body to react, she had already let go. “Hey Hermione. How are you?” I asked, sitting at the wave of my superior. “Wonderful. Kingsley was just about to tell me why he called us here.”, she said, sitting as well. Kingsley sighed. He looked at the ceiling, toyed with his earring, and finally spoke. “We have a problem.” I raised that eyebrow again. Giving me a sharp look, he continued. “A Dark Mage has been spotted in the U.S.” Hermione gasped and I raised my eyebrow again. She explained after I shot her a quizzical look. “Harry, a Dark Mage is an extremely powerful witch or wizard that can reach into different planes of existence. Dementors and Hellhounds? They are both summoned by a Dark Mage.” I leaned back, my hands on my face. After a moment, I spoke. “Why are you telling us this? I mean, it’s the American’s problem.” Kingsley grimaced. “They aren’t equipped with the knowledge or the people strong enough to handle it. Besides, this is a global problem. So we’re sending our best to help.” He said. “That means me,” I grinned slightly. He nodded. “And five others of your choice. You’ll need help, but I’m letting you choose.” I half turned to Hermione. “Of course,” she said, smiling at me. I smiled back. Kingsley spoke, standing. “Get the rest of your team together and I will give you the full briefing. I need not tell you to hurry, or be careful who you trust with this information.” I nodded. Hermione and I shook hands with the Head Auror, and left. As we wound through the many Ministry workers, I turned to her. “Lunch? Im buying.” She smirked at me. “Are you asking me out?” She asked. I stopped and thought for a second. “I guess I am,” I replied, smiling at her. “Well, then, yes.” We went to a muggle restaurant, and after we ordered our drinks, she spoke up. “So who else are you bringing?” “If they will come, Ron, Neville, Ginny, and Luna. I know I can trust them.” “Mhmm.” Hermione replied as we sipped our drinks. “How are things in the Magical Creatures Rights Department?” “Wonderful. We’ve just about convinced all the house elves to stand up for better living conditions!” She gushed, showing such passion that I laughed. Then she swelled up and demanded to know what I was laughing at. “Y-you,” I gasped. She swelled up even further. “You have such passion for this its...its hilarious!” She started giggling too, and soon we were laughing like crazy. 2. Chapter 2 ------------ CHAPTER 2 You know the drill. I own nothing but the plot in this one. An hour later, we were standing outside the Burrow. Ron had never moved out, for the simple reason that playing Quidditch for the Chudly Cannons kept him away from home for long periods of time. Hermione and I walked up to the door of the mismatched house, and I knocked. Immediately the door was flung open, and Molly Weasely threw herself around my neck. “Harry! Its so good to see you! You haven’t been around in ages! Do come in!” She said, and ushered Hermione and I through the door. “Hermione, how are you?” Molly asked as she sat us down and gave us each a bottle of butterbeer. “Wonderful. How are you?” She answered. “Fine, just fine. What brings you two here?” The redheaded matron sat across from us, all smiles. “Ron, actually. Is he here? We need to talk to him,” I said, leaning foreword. Molly frowned. “He should be in his room.” She replied. “What has he done now?” “Nothing,” Hermione said. “We just need to talk to him is all.” We climbed the stairs to Ron’s room. Heavy snoring could be heard from within. Hermione looked at me. “Tell you what, you go in, and if Ron is decent enough, let me know.” I nodded and opened the door. The room hadn’t changed much since I was in it last, the biggest difference was the Quidditch gear in the corner and the posters on the walls included Ron. Ron himself was sprawled over the bed, half on, half off, snoring like to wake the dead. I walked over and poked him. “Wuzzzzzzzzzz” He mumbled, and rolled over. “Dude, wake up,” I said, poking him again. “...” I grinned maniacally. “You asked for it,” I whispered, drawing my wand. *Aquamenti!* I said, and he was suddenly covered in cold water. “What was that for?” he spluttered, flailing around. I muttered another spell, and he was dry. “I had to wake you up, I replied as I walked over to the door. “Hermione? Its safe.” I called. Ron shifted nervously. “Harry, I’m only in my pajama pants.” “So?” I asked as Hermione eased into the room with her eyes closed. I laughed. “Hermione, its all right. Ron’s as decent as he ever gets.” “Hey!” he protested. “Are you sure?” Hermione asked, standing in the middle of the room with her eyes shut tight and a hand over them. I stood in front of her, reached up, and took her hand. “Hermione? Ron isn’t *that* ugly.(“Hey!”) Besides, I’ll never lie to you. ” I said, gently pulling her hand down. She smiled at me when she opened her eyes to see me. I got lost in her eyes, and the world slowed to a halt. It wasn’t until Ron cleared his throat loudly that we looked away and blushed. Ron rolled his eyes, and spoke. “So why did you have to wake me up?” He asked from where he had drawn his bright orange blankets around him. I pulled out his one chair, gave it to Hermione, and I sat on the edge of the bed. We looked at one another again. She sighed, and leaned back in the chair. Then she told Ron what Kingsley told us. She had barely gotten started when Ron interrupted her. “When do we leave?” “I assume as soon as we have everyone recruited. We’re going to go get Neville next. Can you talk to Ginny for us?” I said, standing up. “Sure.” Hermione stood up as well. “Well, we better get going. Pack for an extended stay.” He nodded. “Where will we meet?” “Kingsley’s office, tomorrow at 0830.” He nodded again. We left, waved off Molly’s repeated offers for us to stay for tea, and strode down the lane. “Well, that went well,” Hermione said, looking at me. “I agree. I only hope the others will be as helpful.” I replied, taking her hand and apparating away. When we arrived at Neville’s flat in muggle London, I was pleasantly surprised for her not to let go. I smiled as I knocked on the door in front of us. Hermione quickly dropped my hand and blushed when it opened. I grinned and hugged my friend. “Neville, how’ve you been man?” I asked, as Neville gave Hermione a quick hug. “Excellent. Did you hear? Professor Sprout is retiring, and I’m stepping in as Herbology Professor next year!”, he exclaimed, waving them inside. “That’s wonderful Neville,” Hermione said as we were ushered into his small living room. “So what are you here for? Im not complaining, I haven’t seen you both in a while, but I have a feeling you need something.” Neville said as we settled into a loveseat and he piled into an armchair. Hermione spoke up. “We need your help.” She proceeded to explain the situation. After she finished, Neville looked thoughtful. “Sounds risky. Im in.” He looked up at us. “Wouldn’t miss it.” I sighed. “I can’t thank you enough.” “My pleasure. Who else is coming?” He asked. “Ron, Ginny, Luna, you, and us. Hopefully,”Hermione said, leaning onto my shoulder and smiling. I looked down at her and smiled as well. Neville stood up. “I best get ready.” He said, and we stood to leave. We shook hands and left. As soon as we were in the hallway, Hermione took my hand and apparated away. We popped into existence in front of the Lovegood house. Walking up to the door, Hermione and I looked at one another, sighed, and knocked. 3. Chapter 3 ------------ CHAPTER 3 Okay, John is mine. The plot is mine. The bikes actually got most of the insperation from Ghost Rider. And I still don’t own HP. That night, Hermione and I apparated to her flat after speaking with everyone and having dinner. “Harry?” she asked when we appeared in front of her door. “Yes?” I asked, looking at her. She seemed embarrassed. “Thank you. For everything.” She kissed me on the cheek and disappeared into the flat. I touched the warm spot where her lips had rested, and smiled. I was still smiling when I crawled into bed a while later. The next morning, everyone met in the Atrium of the Ministry. Hermione, Ginny and Luna were talking in a little huddle, as were Neville and Ron. They all looked up then I approached. “Hey Harry,” Hermione said as she gave me a hug and a peck on the cheek. I smiled and hugged her back, glaring at the smirking spectators over her back. We broke apart. All the guys were smirking and all the girls were smiling. I rolled my eyes and led the way to Kingsley’s office. I turned to them. “This is you last chance to back out. You all know what we’re up against, and I will not think any less of you if you don’t want to go any further.” I said, looking at them in turn. “I’m not leaving.” Said Ron. Neville nodded. “Im still in.” “So am I.” Ginny spoke up. “Lead the way, Harry.” Luna said. I looked at Hermione. “Are you staying?” “Forever,” she said softly. I smiled at all of them, and opened the door and walked in. Kingsley was sitting behind his desk, talking to the other person in the room. The stranger stood when we walked in. He was taller, with short black hair and black eyes. Where Hagrid’s eyes were warm, and Snapes reminded you of dark tunnels, this guy’s eyes reminded you of pure darkness, a moonless, cloudy night. He was wearing a black leather jacket, faded black jeans, and side-ringed biker boots. He looked me over. “Harry Potter.” It wasn’t a question. “Yes.” I said, moving further inside to let everyone else in. “Who’re you?” “John Sabor, but you can call me Midnight.” he said, leaning against a wall and digging around in his jacket pocket. Producing a cigarette and a lighter, he lit the cigarette and took a long drag. “You know those things can kill you?” I heard Hermione say from behind me. Sabor laughed. “Not a chance in hell.” Kingsley motioned for us all to come in a sit down, so I conjured a few chairs and sat. “Sabor here is your liaison between you and the Americans for the duration of this mission. He is the only...person alive that can actually fight them.” “Then why did you bring us in on it?” I asked, confused. “Because there are three of them.” John said, exhaling a small cloud of smoke, which vanished after a second. “Three?” Hermione asked, eyeing the cigarette disapprovingly. “Did I stutter?” I glared at him. He ignored me. “There are three. A Master, Apprentice, and a Demon they summoned. The Demon is the toughest, and my problem, the Mages are where you come in.” John said, after blowing out another cloud of smoke. “A Demon?” I half-yelled, jumping to my feet. “Yes. Calm down, the reason you didn’t know until now is I didn’t find out until last night. Don’t worry, like I said, Its my problem.” He said, before taking another drag. Hermione laid a hand on my arm and I calmed down. “How is it your problem?” I asked, sitting again. “I’m the Reaper.” Hermione gasped, and I raised that eyebrow again. “The Reaper? What is that?” Neville asked. “A wizard, chosen from birth to be able to flit between this world and the next. Extremely powerful, virtually indestructible, and very deadly, is the last line of defense between humanity and Hell.” John said, turning to look at him. Silence followed this little speech. Luna coughed. John stood up, flicked his cigarette but into Kingsley’s garbage can and spoke. “I take it you have all your affairs in order?” We all nodded. “Lets go.” He said, and walked out the door. Kingsley coughed. I turned to him. “Don’t worry, he may be a little...rough...but he’s completely trustworthy. He doesn’t give out loyalty or friendship easily, but when he does, it doesn’t waver.” “I hope so.” I said. Kingsley stood. ‘Good luck.” He said, and shook all our hands. Following John, was waiting by the door. Turning, he led us outside to a alley. He then turned to me. “I recall something about you owning a bike. Is that right?” John asked. “Yes. How did you know?” “Perfect.” He said, and whistled. We stared at him for a moment, then a riderless 1981 Harley Phantom drove up. John patted it when it came to a stop next to him. He smiled, the looked up at me. “Okay, first things first. Before we leave, and since we have some time before your bike gets here, I’ll give you a little background info.” He sat on the ground, leaning against the bike, then motioned for us to sit. When we did, he cleared his throat and spoke. “Okay, the first thing you need to know is that Hell exists. And it is well, Hell.” He glanced at us before continuing. “Some of the...beings...from there make the worst here look like fluffy little bunnies. That Basilisk you fought in your second year would be a harmless little fuzzball to most of the creatures in Hell. Obviously it would not be good for them to get out of Hell. But they do. My job is to send them back.” He said, as he pulled out another cigarette. “Why should we believe you?” Ron asked. “What reason do you have not to?” John asked in return, lighting the cigarette. “You haven’t offered any proof.” Luna pointed out, from where she sat Indian style. John sighed. Looking up at us, he closed his eyes. When he opened them, they were gone. Instead, there were fires burning in his eye sockets. Looking at them made me remember terrible things, like a dementor. But the visions of the things dancing in the fire...were horrible. Then it all stopped. John’s eyes were back in black, and he was watching us with a hint of amusement. Everyone else looked shocked. Hermione was sobbing form next to me, leaning against the alley wall. I put my arm around her, and glared at John. “What did you have to do that for?” I demanded. He shrugged, and took a drag off his cigarette. “I had to make you believe me.” We sat in silence for a moment. Then a rumbling sound came from further down the alley. “Ah. That’ll be your bike.” My light blue 1978 Harley-Davidson pulled up. I stood, and it rolled slowly up to me, and rested under my outstretched hand, like a large dog. John grinned. “Perfect. Okey-day, now when’s the fun begins.” I turned to him. “Get on the bike” “Why?” I asked, confused. “Shut up and get on the damn bike.” he snapped. I did. “Now close your eyes and focus on your most desperate desires, your animal instincts. Your most selfish and horrible thoughts and actions.” I did, and a moment later, I heard a swishing sound, a gasp, and I felt the bike change under me. I opened my eyes. The handlebars in front of my had bent until I had to reach out an arms length to grab them, like a chopper. The gauges had vanished, they had been replaced by what appeared to be a polished chrome lions skull. The fuel tank was now a matte black. I jumped off the bike and backed up, watching as it changed even more. The frame bent and formed, dropping the body lower to the ground and lengthening the whole thing. The engine was now covered my a shiny chrome plate. The back tire was partially covered by a pair of metal bat’s wings, and another seat grew behind mine. A moment later, a awesome looking bike was sitting there in the alley. John chuckled. “Not bad.” “What did you do?” Ron asked. “Well, every person is evil. If only a little. I channeled that evil into the bike, which means you can Helljump, or cross over and reappear at a destination, with it.” “Epic.” I said. Neville nodded. John walked over to his bike, and threw a leg over it. It changed as well, looking almost exactly like mine, but with a wolf skull instead of a lion’s. I got on mine. Everyone else looked at us. “Okay, we’re going to have to take multiple trips. Someone hop on.” John said. Hermione immediately clambered on behind me and took tight hold of my waist. Everyone else kind of stood there, until Ginny finally hopped on behind John. He looked over at me. “Your going to have to follow me through my scar, since you don’t know where we’re going.” With that he revved his bike, and took off down the alley, tires setting on fire as he did so. I looked at Ron and said. “I’ll be back.” I revved my bike and took off after John. He glanced over his shoulder, and slowed down so I could pull along side him. “Alright, we have to drive into the shadows to cross over,” he yelled over the engines, “so follow me no matter where I go.” I nodded. He immediately turned and drove into the building beside us. Well, not really into the building, because the shadows jumped up and formed what looked like a tear of some kind. A second later he had vanished through the tear. I shook my head, closed my eyes, and followed.