Needs

litfreak89

Rating: NC17
Genres: Drama, Romance
Relationships: Harry & Hermione
Book: Harry & Hermione, Books 1 - 7
Published: 07/05/2014
Last Updated: 10/05/2014
Status: In Progress

Harry and Hermione realize after the war exactly what they need, and they will do anything to keep it that way. WARNING: a bit of H/Hr and H/G smut. It gets a bit dicey, but it IS H/HR

1. Needs


Disclaimer: I own nothing!

Harry lay back on his bed, finally relaxing after his final stand-off with Voldemort. After the long day…no…three fucking years he'd had, he felt as if he deserved the rest. He'd stayed with the Weasleys for hours, comforting them in their time of grief, and then he'd owled Andromeda Tonks, promising to visit her soon. He had to see Teddy; he was the only family he had left. Lupin dying had eliminated his last connection to the Marauders, thus cutting off his ties to his parents.

He turned on his side, grimacing at the charred smell of his clothes. Of course, nothing he could do would make the smell any better. The smell of death lingered around them all, especially him. Harry doubted it he'd ever get rid of that memory. Everyone thought that he'd feel free once he killed Voldemort, but he didn't; didn't they understand? He had killed! Who cared who he had killed? People didn't go to war, kill the enemy, and come out unscathed. Harry didn't ask to take on the task of killing the dark wizard who had killed his parents and countless others; he'd have gladly given the job over to a more willing soul.

“Harry? Are you in here?” Harry burrowed down into the burnt-smelling pillow, praying that whoever was calling him would just walk on past the closed curtains of his bed. He just wanted to be alone right now.

“Harry?” Wait. That voice…Harry opened his curtains to find a tear-stained face on the other side. “Thank Merlin! I've been looking all over the castle for you!”

“Ginny…I…uh, I was letting your family be together. Plus, I just needed…”

Ginny shook her head, letting her red locks flow around her shoulder. “You don't need to be alone right now, Harry. I want to be here for you.”

Harry's brows furrowed at this. “But…your family…”

“They're fine. I told them I was going to come find you. We're all worried about you, Harry.”

“Don't worry about me, Ginny. I'm fine.”

“Well, as true as that may be, I want to be with you right now. I want to be happy for a while.”

Tough shit, honey. Not much happier on this front. However, he kept his mouth closed and nodded, allowing Ginny this. He did still have feelings for Ginny, although they weren't quite as strong as they had been last year. His sore muscles, stiff from the extensive battle and months sleeping in a tent, protested as the redhead curled up in his arms, but he didn't say a word.

“Harry?”

“Hmm?”

“What happens now? Where will you go now that you've defeated him?”

Harry thought about her question. His answer, now that he considered it, depended on the one asking. If Ron had asked, he'd probably have immediately chuckled and thrown out some ridiculous suggestion that included professional Quidditch or something along those lines. For Hermione…well…that thought derailed for a moment. He had no idea what he would tell his brunette friend. It probably depended on what she was going to do. For Ginny...well, this seemed like a loaded question that could explode on him at any time.

“Well, I don't know, Ginny. I think I just want to relax for a while, weigh my options, talk to Hermione and…”

“Hermione? Why would she matter? Why would what she has to say have any bearing on your future?” By now, Ginny was sitting up, looking down at the raven-haired Boy-Who-Won, or whatever the hell they were calling him today.

Irate, he answered, “Ginny, you didn't let me finish. I was going to say Hermione and Ron, but since you want to be like that…”

Ginny shook her head. “I'm sorry, Harry. I…I'm just tense, and I care about you, you know?”

Harry sighed. “I just want to take a nap, Ginny. Can I do that?”

“Sure, Harry. Just lie here…”

Harry was back in the tent, laying on the cot that Hermione had just abandoned to take the second watch. Since Ron had left, they split the watch four ways so that neither of them had to had to watch for too long.

He was half-asleep, never fully sleeping while Hermione was outside of the tent, when he heard the tent open and footsteps make their way next to his bed. Harry kept his eyes closed, knowing from the smell of the shampoo she had made sure to pack in that amazing beaded bag of hers that Hermione had knelt by his bed. He couldn't fault her; he had done the same many nights: abandoned his post just to come in and watch her sleep, make sure she was still there and breathing. They had to watch out for each other, right?

What he didn't expect were the tears that began to hit his arms. He heard her quick intake of breath when she realized they were falling on him, but when she went to rid his skin of the evidence of the emotions that she had thought she had hidden from him, he grabbed her hand gently.

Without opening his eyes, he questioned, “What's so terrible that you can't even share it with me, Hermione?”

Another intake of breath, this one more shuddering than the last. More droplets on his skin. “Oh, Harry! I didn't know you were awake!”

He finally opened his eyes, meeting hers immediately. They were red; obviously she had been crying a while. “That's apparent. Otherwise, you would have stayed outside and kept this to yourself.” Sitting up and pulling her in beside him, he asked, “What's wrong? I mean, what else is wrong?”

Shooting a wry smile at him through her tears, she just shook her head. “It's just that I can't help but think that this is wearing you down for nothing, Harry. Why can't we let someone else do this while you prepare for your final confrontation with him? I mean, I'll volunteer and do it myself, but you should be getting fed, sleeping in a warm bed…”

Harry stopped her. “What the hell brought this on, Hermione?”

“You don't think I know that you take your two watches at night, and then you lie in here and listen out for me during mine? You're constantly moving about, never eating more than a mouse; I don't see how you're still alive, Harry! The snake's going to kill you without having to lift a bloody finger!” Tears came back to her eyes quickly, drawing the breath from Harry as he took note of what she was saying.

“You're not much better. You never take more than what you need, Hermione, so why should I?”

“Because the wizarding world needs you, Harry Potter, not me! I need you, you git! I need you alive, and you're sitting here killing yourself by being all noble and heroic! There's nothing heroic about starving yourself!”

Harry took only three words from that entire spiel. “You need me?”

Hermione's eyes widened. “Well…yes, I need you, Harry. You're my best friend.

They sat there for a few minutes in silence, and then, “You know I love you right?”

Hermione's brown eyes widened as they turned to Harry. “What?”

Harry shrugged. “I love you. You're the only one who's ever shown me true devotion, Hermione. I was reading up on love during my last stay at the Dursleys', and there are many different types of love. Platonic, the type between siblings, romantic…but you know, there's just no definition to give meaning to the type I feel for you.”

Hermione was frozen. “Harry…that…” Harry had said it all so matter-of-factly that she was curious as to how he did feel about her. “Harry, what does that mean?”

“It means that I need you just as much as you need me, Hermione Granger. I've never seen our relationship as a romance. It's just weird right now. We read each other well enough we could be siblings, but Hermione, I've felt things toward you that no brother should ever feel toward his sister. Of course, I am seventeen years old, so that explains a lot. However, you're never going to be just someone else to me; I thought Ron would be right up there with you, but he's deserted me one time too many. You haven't. Like I said, Hermione, I need you in my life. Always. Somehow, someway.”

With that, Hermione smiled a bit, leaning toward Harry, saying, “Well, after that, I guess I love you too, Harry. I'm going to have a lot of forgiving to go through with Ron Weasley if he ever comes back. You, though we've had our ups and downs, you've always been there, and Harry, I still need you, although I think I've said that once tonight.”

Harry nodded, moving even closer to Hermione. “Gods, I need you,” he muttered before kissing Hermione roughly on her lips. He truly hadn't realized just how much her presence had affected him until she had moved closer to him in the bed, but just being near her was clouding up his head.

Hermione, shocked by the roughness of the kiss, recovered quickly, knowing that both of them needed this…this contact with each other, this confirmation that the other would always be there. She knew that having Harry Potter as her first would not be gentle, but she was okay with that.

Because it was cold in the tent, the two were dressed heavily. However, it took very little time to get each other down to the bare necessities. Soon, Harry was in his boxers kneeling over a very flushed Hermione, who was down to her sensible bra and knickers.

“Come on, Harry. You're taking too long.”

Harry grinned. Just like Hermione, he'd known this first time would not be gentle and caring; hunting a dark wizard did not leave time for gentleness, even if it was with your best friend.

As she cast a contraceptive spell, Harry began to kiss down Hermione's stomach, removing her bra and knickers as he went. He quickly removed his own boxers, freeing his erection as he bent down again, taking her left nipple in his mouth and rubbing the head of his dick against her clit.

A shudder passed through her as she moaned, “Gods, Harry.” With this, she wrapped her legs around him and pulled him close, forcing his shaft even closer to her opening.

Not even asking for her assurance, her actions permission enough, Harry bent down and kissed Hermione, roughly forcing himself inside her, breaking through her barrier in one single thrust. As the pain ripped through her, she bit his lip, bringing blood. He kept his lips on hers anyway, but he stilled his movements just a moment, allowing her to adjust to him.

“Okay, Harry. I'm ready.”

That's all he needed. Nature took over, and animal instinct reacted in the two of them. The teenagers clung to each other as Harry's cock continuously found that one place that Hermione had never known about; she didn't want to ever forget that euphoria ever existed. She tried to hold off her orgasm, having always heard about the “magic” of finishing with one's partner, but after just a few minutes, her walls clinched around Harry's cock with a vengeance that surprised both teenagers.

The feel of her orgasm fueled Harry's fire, and he began fucking Hermione harder than she thought she could take. However, she held on, and just as Harry let go, another orgasm took her by surprise; the tent was filled with their mutual cries of exhilaration and satisfaction.

Harry collapsed on Hermione, exhausted, but deliriously happy. She turned to him, smiling before settling in his arms and falling asleep.

Harry awoke, feeling a breeze on his apparently erection. He looked up expectantly, a bit disoriented in his whereabouts. Night had fallen, and he was still in the bed he'd claimed in Gryffindor Towers. He looked down, after his dream, expecting to find waves of brown hair taking care of his “needs,” but instead seeing red…Weasley red. Ginny. Of course Hermione wouldn't be here not after she and Ron…

“Ginny…ah…what….are you doing?” Even though he'd prefer his best friend, he couldn't deny a beautiful girl going down on him didn't feel good.

Ginny looked up. “What does it look like I'm doing? You had a problem…I'm taking care of it…” She grinned devilishly. “Although, I'd like to know what you were doing in that dream of yours that resulted in this.”

Harry blushed, thinking back on his dream…well, memory…of him and Hermione. Had he really done that with his best friend?

Ginny had apparently decided that he'd thought enough. She took her top off and climbed up to kiss him. “Harry, I need you.”

Somehow, that was enough to take him back to the night in the tent, back to the night before Ron had returned to them and totally reconfigured his and Hermione's relationship. She had, of course, forgiven their best friend, and Harry, in turn, had had no choice but to follow along. His and Hermione's physical relationship had come to an abrupt halt very quickly. The three were captured soon after that, and the chance to figure out themselves soon took a backseat to Harry finding the final horcruxes and defending Hogwarts.

When they had returned to the school, Harry had seen Hermione's eyes when had enthusiastically greeted Ginny, but he had not had a chance to really talk to her because the battle had commenced. Hermione had known that Harry had followed Ginny's dot on the Marauder's Map for months, wishing that he could be back at the school protecting the one he had left behind. What she hadn't realized, however, was that since that night, even though he had watched the map, he hadn't just watched Ginny; he was keeping watch on Snape and the other Death Eaters. He had an idea that his friends had been tortured from the time they had spent in the presence of the Carrows. However, he never corrected Hermione's views. They knew where they stood, or at least they did in his eyes.

Now, though, he was seeing, not the red-headed Quidditch player who had driven him mad sixth year, but the brown-eyed, bookish brunette who had won his affection over the last seven years of his life. He re-lived the night in the tent, throwing the girl back on the bed, muttering a contraception charm, just as Hermione had done that night. He already had one child to take care of; he wasn't prepared for another right now.

Jerking his companion's pants down, he kissed down her stomach, ignoring the patch of red hair where brown should be. He purposefully avoided his partner's face, knowing that once he saw those eyes and that red hair, his vision would be broken, and he couldn't follow through with what he was about to do. Harry kissed the girl's clit, enjoying the sound of her moans as he licked down her wet slit.

“Fuck me, Harry!”

That almost broke Harry's concentration. Hermione would never have used that language. He had seen her break down and use some course language, but never that. However, he shook his head and moved up and buried his head in her neck, never looking in her eyes. With a quick thrust, he entered her, realizing quickly that he was not the first man. Nevertheless, he used this knowledge to pick up speed quickly, making sure to hit her clit with every single downward thrust. Soon, the body under him was writhing.

“Harry! I'm cumming!”

Harry felt his own release approaching, and as his balls clenched, he did the unthinkable.

Hermione Granger was walking into the Gryffindor common room with Ron. They had been talking to McGonagall about ways to help build back the school, and Hermione had even taken the new headmistress to the side and asked her how she could help Harry. She had resigned herself to a future of being the best friend who had just been there for Harry in a time of need, a time of weakness.

She had to accept the facts; Harry would end up with Ginny Weasley, and there was nothing she could do about it. Ever since Ron had returned to them in the Forest of Dean, Harry had backed off as if Ron's mere presence was enough to remind him of what he left behind. And when he'd seen Ginny…Hermione knew then that she'd just given Harry what he'd needed, and he'd returned the favor.

But what if I need him more than just that one time? Ever since that night, Hermione had felt like she had gotten a taste of heaven, and to have it taken from her by Ginny Weasley, well, that was not acceptable! But, if that's what Harry needs now…

She thought back to her kiss with Ron during the battle and Harry's reaction. He seemed…well…annoyed.

Of course he was annoyed! It was in the middle of the battle, and he was about to fight Voldemort, you twit! However, after that kiss, Ron had refused to let her out of his sight, and she hadn't been able to find Harry after he had talked to them immediately after the battle. She had seen him with the Weasleys, but after that, he had disappeared, and Ron and his mother had kept quite a hold on her since.

“Ron, I'm going to check the dorms; wait here, will you?”

Ron looked confused. “It's the boys' dorms; I'll go with you.”

Hermione sighed, but she didn't want to get into an argument tonight; she was too tired. The pair walked up the stairs, and as they were nearing the top, she heard the unmistakable sounds of a couple having rough sex in one of the beds. She was about to tell Ron they needed to turn around when she heard it.

“Harry, I'm cumming!”

That bitch! She sunk her claws into him as soon as the battle was over! Hermione was fuming, and could barely keep her wand from setting the curtain's around the couple's bed on fire when Ron whispered in her ear,

“Is that Ginny?”

Hermione held her hand up in his face, ready to confront the two when she heard it:

“HERMIONE!”

Harry collapsed, exhausted. He looked up sleepily, expecting to see a pair of equally dreamy, chocolately brown eyes, but he instead saw a surprisingly fiery pair of bright gold glaring down at him.

“WHO did you call me?”

Harry knew what he'd done immediately, and he hurriedly jerked on his boxers and jeans. “Gods, Ginny, you…you fucking wake me up with a bloody blow job, and you expect me to be in my right mind?”

“But of the two of us, you call her name? What the hell went on while you were off together, Harry? I thought you were coming back to me, not off screwing that whore!”

Harry thought he heard a movement outside the curtains, but he couldn't take the time to care right then. “What did you call her?” he asked, his voice dangerously low.


Obviously, Ginny missed the dangerous undertone. “A whore! She knew we were together, that you were coming home to me, and yet she seduced you anyway!”

“You hold on just a damn minute, Ginevra Weasley. First of all, who's the whore? You threw yourself on me as soon as I dropped Voldemort and you could get away from your family! Your brother died, Ginny, yet you came up here and jumped on my dick, and I, in a moment of weakness, let you! Second of all, and most importantly, if you ever, ever, think about calling Hermione Granger a whore or any other degrading name ever again, no hex or curse you can think of will be strong enough to counter the one you'll be on the receiving end of!”

Ginny gritted her teeth and grabbed her shirt and pants, throwing them on quickly. Harry held up his hand.

“No, you go ahead and stay here. I'll find somewhere else; I've worn out my welcome in Gryffindor Towers as it is.” Harry grabbed his shirt, threw it on, and opened the curtains. He stalked down the stairs, only to be met with a tearful Hermione and an angry Ron.

“What's going on here?” Harry looked between his two friends.

Hermione looked into the fire that had been built recently. “Obviously not as much as is going on in the towers.”

Harry blanched. “You…you heard that?”

Ron's ears were Weasley red. “Every word, mate.” He looked between Hermione and Harry. “What the bloody hell did go on between the two of you while I was gone?”

Before Harry could answer, Hermione spoke up quietly. “None of your bloody business, Ron Weasley.”

Ron's face turned to match his ears. “What?”

Hermione stood up. “I said it's none of your bloody business! You left! Why should you be privy to what went on while you were off God knows where just because it got too hard? We weren't moving fast enough for you, so you fucking left, Ron! That's why it's none of your business! If Harry and I shagged each other every night from the time you left until the time you returned, guess what? It's…none…of…your…fucking…business!”

Harry's eyes widened, as did his grin, at Hermione's tirade. Ron's head looked ready to blow off.

“But…but I thought we…?”

“We? We, Ron? I bloody kissed you in the heat of the battle for having a thoughtful moment, and you haven't let me be since!”

Ron's hands tightened into fists, his left around his wand, as he turned to Harry. “You feel the same way, mate?”

“About kissing you? I haven't kissed you, mate.”

“You know bloody well what I mean!”

“About it not being any of your business about what Hermione and I did after you deserted us? Oh yeah. I agree wholeheartedly. I…uh…think Ginny would like some company upstairs. She's not too happy with me right now.”

Ron seethed for a moment more before stomping off toward the boys' dorms. Harry turned to Hermione, who had walked toward the window and was looking out into the night sky.

“Harry?”

“Yeah?”

“Why did you call my name while you were with Ginny?” Hermione's voice was still scratchy from yelling at Ron.

Harry's hand rubbed the back of his neck. “Well, she told me she needed me, and it took me back to that night in the tent. It was like I wasn't even shagging her, because that's all it was, a shag. It was like I was back with you, and it felt like if I didn't look at her, I could pretend it was you.”

Hermione turned to look at Harry. “Why did you want to pretend it was me? Ginny's much prettier than I am, Harry.”

Harry walked up to Hermione and shook his head. “But I didn't need it to be Ginny. I needed you, Hermione. I've needed you for a long time, and I feel like I'm going to keep needing you for a lot longer.”

Hermione's eyebrow quirked. “For sex?”

“No, silly. But that is a perk, right?”

She laughed and wrapped her arms around Harry. “I know McGonagall will be fine with us being here, but I don't particular care to deal with angry Weasleys tonight. Any idea where we could go?”

“Let's go talk to the headmistress. Maybe she could find us another space, at least for tonight. We could go visit Andromeda and Teddy tomorrow.”

“That sounds wonderful, Harry. Come on; we need to really talk about this whole Ginny situation anyway.”

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->

2. Wants


Disclaimer: I own nothing!

A/N: This was supposed to be a one-shot when I posted it on FF, but due to requests, I extended it. I was going to end with Chapter 1 on here, but I'm running into the same problems. I hope you like the rest of the story.

Ginny Weasley was beyond pissed. How dare Harry-Fucking-Potter leave her for that good for nothing whore of a bookworm?! She growled and adjusted her clothes, jumped off the bed, and headed towards the door, ready to give the two a piece of her mind! However, another flurry of red blocked her path.

“Ron! What the hell are you doing up here?”

“Ginny, I heard what happened between you and Harry. Hermione and I were coming up here to look for him when…it…happened.” His ears reddened. “How long has he and Hermione been fucking around?”

Ginny shrugged. “It was news to me. He told me he'd be back for me, and I had no reason to doubt him.” Then, “Wait! It was all your fault! If you hadn't left them alone for so long, they wouldn't have…!”

Ron sputtered. “Hang on just a damned minute! Don't you pin this on me! I left, but I was secure in the fact that Hermione was in love with me!”

“Did you give her a choice?”

“What?”

“When you left, did you give her a choice? You or Harry?”

“Umm…Yeah?”

“Brilliant, Ron. I think it's pretty obvious whom she chose, isn't it?” Ginny passed by her brother and stalked down the stairs to find her family…or another warm body. She didn't much care at the moment. Ron, however, knew exactly whom he was going to about Hermione Granger. He was going to see the one woman who could take care of everything: his mother. However, he needed to wait a few days; after losing Fred, Molly would be in no condition to hear about Ron's love troubles. He'd give her time, then he'd talk to her. Ron wasn't entirely selfish.

“Professor?” McGonagall turned to see Harry and Hermione walk up to her. Hand in hand? She smiled at the familiarity between the two.

“Mr. Potter, Miss Granger. You should be in bed; what can I do for you?”

Harry glanced over to Hermione. “Well, we're not exactly welcome in Gryffindor Towers anymore, Professor McGonagall, and we were hoping to find somewhere else to sleep for tonight.”

The headmistress was surprised. “Not welcome? And why—” She stopped as the two raised their clasped hands. “Weasleys?”

They grinned as they nodded. “Ron and Ginny aren't exactly pleased, and we figured we'd make it easier on everyone and just find somewhere else.”

McGonagall nodded. “While I don't exactly approve of you two staying together, you haven't exactly stayed apart this year, have you?” At the shakes of their heads, she continued, “Why don't you two go stay in the DADA professor's quarters? They haven't been claimed yet.” The professor led the students to their new bedroom and waved them off at the stairs. When she was gone, Harry turned to Hermione.

“Seems sort of appropriate, doesn't it?”

“What's that?”

“Where we're staying. I mean, I did just kill the Dark Lord, and now…”

Hermione laughed. “Come on, Harry. You're tired. Have you eaten?”

Once the couple entered the bedroom, Harry gulped. “I'm not exactly hungry, Hermione.” He turned to her. “Look, I'm really sorry about the whole Ginny situation. Although it took both of us to do what we did, she caught me at my lowest and jumped me. I truly did imagine you the entire time.”

Hermione wrapped her arms around him. “Harry, the only thing that hurt was your distance after Ron returned. It's like you took what you needed from me, and that sex was just one more thing I was good for.”

Harry looked at her in alarm. “Hermione, no! I just didn't want to hurt Ron.”

“Hurt Ron?”

“Well…It seemed as if you and Ron had this thing going sixth year, and he surely was pissed when you chose to stay with me in the tent.”

Hermione laughed. “Like I was going to leave you? Ron was a passing fancy for me; I imagined myself falling for him, but we're too different.”

“But you kissed him!” Harry hurt, remembering the scene from the battle.

“And you just bloody shagged Ginny not thirty minutes ago, but I'm still here with you! Harry, I think we were just uncomfortable with the idea that you and I could actually be together. We felt safe as friends, but this love that we have between us will never be satisfied with just friendship.”

Harry pulled her closer and buried his nose in her hair. “I agree. Hey, I have an idea!”

“What's that?”

“Let's take a shower. I have to get Ginny off of me before I can do anything with you.”

Hermione answered him by dragging him to the shower in the room beside the bedroom. Turning on the shower, Hermione grabbed his shirt. “I couldn't agree more. Harry Potter, you took a lot from me that night in the tent. I was determined to get you back after you defeated Voldemort, even after I heard you and Ginny going at it like rabbits tonight.” Kissing him lightly on the mouth, she muttered, “Ginny Weasley doesn't love you like I do.” Hermione pulled off Harry's shirt, kissing his chest as she pulled the article over his head.

As steam from the shower surrounded them, Harry leaned in, kissing Hermione's neck, determined to make this time more enjoyable than their first. “Hermione, I wanted to rip Ron's bloody neck from his body when you kissed him. I felt like he'd stolen you from me.” Pulling back to look her in the eyes, he grinned. “I just went and took my anger out on more worthy opponents, figuring I could take care of Ron later.” Harry pulled Hermione's shirt off and unclasped her bra quickly, leaning back in to nibble on her neck before biting down a little more harshly, drawing a guttural moan from his companion.

“Harry, I want you now!”

Quickly, the two dropped their pants and stepped into the shower, letting the hot water wash over their filthy, grime-covered bodies as they continued their exploration of each other. Hermione reached down and grabbed Harry's aching member, smiling as she felt it pulse in her hand.

“Anxious, are we?” At that, she knelt down and kissed the tip before taking her tongue and licking his cock from the tip all the way down to the base where her other hand was cupping his balls. After playing there a while, she trailed back up the vein under his cock with her tongue and surprised Harry by taking his member into her mouth, sucking him like one of the Sugar Quills she was so fond of.

“Gods, Hermione! If you don't stop…” Harry leaned back against the wall of the shower, knowing his end was near.


The only indication Hermione gave that she had heard him was her pulling back and allowing her tongue to trace tantalizing patterns on the tip of his dick. Soon, he couldn't take it any more.

“Fuck, Hermione! I'm cumming!” he yelled as ropes of semen shot into her waiting mouth, surprising the girl with the amount, but because of her surprise, she could do nothing but swallow.

Hermione stood once he had finished and kissed him, allowing him to taste himself on her lips. “How was that, Harry?”

Harry's legs were threatening to give out on him, but he stood firm. “You've been studying, Miss Granger.”

“I didn't learn that from books, Mr. Potter. It's amazing, you know.”

“What's that?”

“The brain, the images it can conjure up when left alone. I let mine go many nights, imagining what I'd do to you once I got you alone again.” Hermione smiled seductively.

Harry returned the grin and backed Hermione up against the wall. “My turn.” Kneeling, Harry kissed the patch of brown, curly hair just above Hermione's glistening folds. His lips continued on their journey, marking territory down one thigh and back up the other. Sticking his tongue out, the wizard tentatively touched Hermione's lower lips, barely grazing them, but causing her to buck against him all the same.

“More,” she panted. “I want more!”

“As you wish,” he replied, letting his tongue shoot out and devour her clit, giving her no warning whatsoever. Hermione screamed in pleasure and surprise, almost cumming immediately. Harry reached up and inserted a crooked finger into her, exploring new territory as he teased her with his mouth. He was learning, just as she was. Harry Potter was many things, but an experienced man was not one of them. However, he seemed to find the right spot because suddenly Hermione bucked up against him and her walls clenched around his finger, soaking it and filling his mouth with her juices. He lapped up all he could, loving the musty taste of his lover.

Hermione could barely stand on her own, so Harry stood and wrapped his arms around her, reveling in the feeling. “Let's actually get clean, shall we? We have all night to finish learning.” At Hermione's nod, the two finished their shower, taking the time to pay special attention to certain areas while cleaning each other. They fell into bed a while later, surprisingly asleep in a matter of minutes. The long day had worn them out, both physically and emotionally, and they could explore each other after they had rested and recharged.

Ron woke up ill and irate, which was not how he had expected to feel the morning after defeating Voldemort. He was supposed to wake up with Hermione Granger beside him…or on top of him…or under him. He didn't bloody care! But no, she had to go fuck Potter while they were supposed to be hunting horcruxes!

Throwing the covers off of him, he looked over to where he had finally found a bed. Charlie was lying just a few feet from him, still asleep on a mattress someone had transfigured. Bill and Fleur lay cuddled under a blanket on the other side of the classroom where the Weasleys had bedded down for the night. Ron craned his head, hoping to catch a glimpse of his parents, but they were nowhere in sight. George, though, caught his eye.

“So, Ron, when did you get in?”

Ron walked over to his brother, who was lying on his back staring at the ceiling. “About one this morning. I…uh…was with Hermione and Harry, but they don't exactly want me around right now.” He bit out this last part.

George was anything but stupid. “What? Life not perfect now that Voldemort's dead?” he sat up and looked at his brother. “Thought you could just get back here and be a hero? God forbid you didn't get some pussy last night!”

The younger Weasley stepped back. “Whoa, George! Listen, he was my brother too, and I miss him…”

“Then why are you complaining about Harry and Hermione? Let them go for a while, and be with your own family! We're hurting, Ron! I don't see what's so hard to understand about that for you and Ginny! I still haven't seen her since she ran off to find Harry yesterday.”

“Where's Mum and Dad?”

“Looking for Ginny and Percy. They want all of us together for a while until everything settles down.”

Ron sat down beside George. “Look, mate, I'm sorry. I know this is harder on you than all of us. I'll put my troubles to the side for now.”

George nodded. “We have to, Ron. Mum and Dad need us right now; they're not doing well at all.”

“Harder, Harry! Oh, Merlin, yes! Shi—oh fuck, I'm cumming!” Hermione grabbed Harry's ass and held him inside of her as her walls clenched around his throbbing member, pulling him deeper with each shudder.

Harry was close, but he was determined to make Hermione orgasm one more time. He felt her arms drop, and he pulled out, ignoring her complaints. He lay down beside her, and pulled her own top of him.

“Now, you dirty girl, it's your turn.” Hermione grinned and kissed Harry, lifting her hips to find his stiff member. She reached down and grabbed him, maneuvering him into her glistening folds. Just as his head entered her, she smiled again and sat down roughly, enjoying hearing Harry's moans join hers as his girth filled her once again.

Harry reached down and found her sensitive button, playing with it roughly because he knew with the way she was riding him, he wouldn't last long at all.

Obviously, the two would have a rough and tumble relationship because they just could not get into the slow and steady rhythm of lovemaking; they had tried, and nothing had turned them on until it had gotten rougher. Not that Hermione had minded, but she was going to have a hard time covering up all the love bites Harry had left all over her body.

“Come on, Hermione. Fuck me like the dirty girl you are!” Harry reached up and grabbed her tits, squeezing her nipples roughly until she screamed in orgasm again, finally milking his dick of his own release.

The two collapsed, breathing heavily beside each other before looking at the clock. Deciding that they were finally starving, they took a quick shower (quick being a relative term) and put on some more clothes that Hermione had found in her beaded bag.

Walking into the Great Hall, Harry immediately took stock of those in attendance, relaxing only after seeing no red hair. He and Hermione took seats at the Gryffindor table, noticing that the bodies had been removed during the night.

“We really need to go see Andromeda and Teddy today. I know she's beside herself about all that's happened, after losing Ted, Tonks, and Remus.” Harry felt a familiar prickle behind his eyes.

Hermione grabbed his hand. “We can go. Let's get some food in our stomachs and let someone know where we'll be. I want to see Teddy anyway.”

Harry smiled at Hermione and nodded before looking at the table in front of them. McGonagall had obviously tried to make everything seem as normal as possible, despite the destruction around them. Food appeared on the platters in front of them, and they began eating.

“The house-elves don't even get time off…” Hermione grumbled.

“Love, maybe this is their way of helping. They're tied to this school; they can only do what they're told right now.”

Hermione grudgingly nodded, letting it go for now. The two looked up as two others sat across from them.

“Morning, you two. Nice of you to join us.” Neville grinned at Harry and Hermione.

“What are you on about? It's only…” Harry looked at his pocket watch, and his eyes widened, “twelve?! Holy shit!”

Hermione's eyes widened. “But, in our room…” Then she bit off the rest of her sentence, realizing what she'd given away.”

Luna smiled. “I knew you two were sharing a room. You have an ethereal glow about you. Had it, actually, when you found me at Malfoy Mansion, but the Wrackspurts were toying with it, trying to cover it up.”

Neville looked between the two. “You two? Really now? I thought you two were with the Weasleys! I mean, Ginny has talked about `her Harry' coming back for her since you left last summer!”

Harry put his head in his hands. “Don't remind me. And for the record, we're not exactly on speaking terms with Ron and Ginny at the moment, and if I know Ron, Mrs. Weasley will know very soon!”

Neville nodded. “So, you're happy?”

Both teens nodded. Hermione replied, “Extremely.”

Luna grinned. “Well, then. That's all that matters, right?”

Harry looked at Hermione. “After the year we've had, I can't argue with you there, Luna.” Looking back at the couple across from them, he smirked. “You two?”

A blush colored Neville's face. “Ah, yeah. Since the beginning of the year, but when she disappeared, I almost went crazy. If those bloody Carrows and Snape hadn't been here, I'd have left!”

“Plus,” Luna continued, “we're together now, right Neville?”

Neville grinned and whispered, “McGonagall is letting us stay in the Head Dorms.”

Harry laughed. “I've always liked McGonagall. We're in the DADA professor's quarters.” Then he looked at his watch again. “Speaking of, if you see her, could you tell her that Hermione and I have gone to visit Andromeda Tonks and Teddy? We should be back by tonight. If not, we'll owl or send a Patronus.”

The other couple nodded and watched as Harry and Hermione left. Luna smiled dreamily. “Apparently sex is good for getting rid of Wrackspurts!”

Neville shook his head. “No, sex between two who have been fighting their feelings for as long as those two have is good for anything!”

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->

3. Instinct


Disclaimer: I own nothing!

A/N: So… almost 2,000 hits in 2 days? Dang… Obviously I should have written smut and hated on Weasleys a long time ago! Thanks for the response on this story! I'd lie and say I have this all planned out, but…Sure! Go ahead and believe it!

Andromeda picked Teddy up, rocking the one-month-old infant, holding her grandson tightly in her arms as she readied herself for the day. She had given Minerva McGonagall the task of taking care of Remus and Dora's bodies; she couldn't bear to see her daughter right now, not like that.

Teddy had been perfect; at least he was small enough not to be affected by the loss of his parents. However, she grieved the fact that he would miss out on having his mother and father, two loving parents to guide him as he grew. She wasn't old, but Andromeda knew she was too old to be a good mother to her grandson.

Knock, knock!

Holding her wand in her free hand, the grandmother cautiously walked to the front door, peeking out the window at her visitors. A nervous-looking Harry Potter and Hermione Granger were looking around, waiting for the door to be opened. Andromeda, still cautious, was not taking any chances.

“Harry Potter,” she said through the door, catching the teens' attention, “my son-in-law had three friends throughout his time at Hogwarts, and three in the time afterwards. However, only two were there the entire time. Who were they?”

The boy smiled sadly. “That'd be my father, Prongs, and my godfather, Padfoot. The one who deserted them was Wormtail, and my mother was his friend at the time of her death.”

Andromeda flung the door open, grabbing Harry as tightly as she could without hurting the bundle between them. He pulled back, and, looking down at Teddy, he asked, “Remus told you everything about what happened to my parents that night?”

“He thought we deserved to know since we were in this war as much as they were. When Ted had to leave, it almost killed Dora, but she stayed strong for Teddy here. I…I just can't believe she's gone.” Tears filled her eyes as she watched Harry take in his godson. He had been freed of one responsibility, but another, just as heavy, or heavier, had replaced it.

“May I hold him?” Harry asked somewhat pleadingly.

Instead of answering verbally, Andromeda handed the infant over to Harry. Stepping back, she looked over at the girl standing beside the raven-haired wizard. Hermione Granger had struck the older woman as brilliant from the moment she had seen her first, and Remus liked to joke that Miss Granger would one day be Minister if she set her mind to it. From what Andromeda had heard, Hermione Granger had been the brains behind Harry's defeat of Voldemort; from the time they began Hogwarts, this young girl had stuck by Harry, never deserting him once, not even now when he was taking on a task greater than he could imagine.

“How are you, Hermione?”

The brunette looked up, smiling. “I'm well. Much better than yesterday.” Concern filled her eyes. “And you, Mrs. Tonks? How are you?” Andromeda shook her head.

“It's just a lot to take in. Come on, you two. Let's go inside a bit. He's little, but Teddy can get heavy if you stand with him for too long.” The trio made their way inside, and Harry sat on the couch, and Hermione sat by him, her finger wrapped in Teddy's small one.

“Want some tea, you two?” Andromeda headed to the kitchen. At their nod, the older witch headed into the kitchen, glad to have something to do. She quickly fixed the drinks, bringing sugar, milk, and honey out for the teens to doctor their own cups. However, just before stepping out of the kitchen, she saw something that made her stop.

Hermione was holding Teddy, and Harry had his arm around the girl, his other hand under the baby's head as if he were showing Hermione how to hold the infant. She could hear Hermione laugh and tell Harry that she knew what the hell she was doing; it wasn't the first time she'd held a baby. Harry grinned at her and, after staring at her a bit, leaned in and kissed her. Hermione smiled into the kiss and pulled back, looking down at Teddy and talking to him in gibberish. Teddy had awakened by now, and he was kicking his feet, enjoying the noises Hermione was making.

Andromeda smiled and walked out, carrying the tea. “So, he finally woke up, did he?”

Harry looked up and grinned. “He did. He's quite taken with Hermione here.”

The older witch smiled knowingly. “He takes after his godfather in that respect, I take it?”

Both teens blushed at this, and Hermione busied herself straightening Teddy's blanket. Harry then turned to Andromeda and smiled sadly.

“At least he was bright enough to let her know the first time he saw her and didn't wait seven years like I did.”

Hermione scolded softly. “Harry…”

“Well, it's true.” Looking back at Andromeda, Harry said, “You'd think having a dark lord on your arse would scare you into revealing your feelings a little more freely, but no…I just brooded.”

Andromeda shook her head sadly. “I swear James, Remus, and Sirius were all related. You sounded just like Remus there, Harry. He swore so many times that he'd wasted so much time running from Dora, that he could have had so much with her had he just stopped and let her catch him.”

Harry sat back, having taken Teddy back from Hermione, and placed the baby up on his chest, stroking his back softly. “I remember Remus coming by Grimmauld after finding out Tonks was pregnant. He was running scared. I forced his arse to come back home; he couldn't desert this baby, not intentionally. Remus loved Tonks too much for that.”

Hermione nodded. “They didn't have to die. Tonks ran out looking for him; she had to be where he was. They went together.” She wiped a tear as she looked at Harry and smiled sadly.

“At least they were together. I tried to get Dora to stay here with Teddy, but she refused. She had to get to Remus, had to see if he was okay, had to be at the battle with everyone else. If either had lived and lost the other, I think that would have killed the other. Maybe…” a sob choked the woman, “maybe it's better this way. But I still can't help knowing I lost a daughter, a son, and Teddy lost a mother and father in this!”

Hermione quickly stood and walked across the room, hugging Andromeda. “We'll always have a part of those two with us. Who knows? Maybe Teddy'll be a Metamorphmagus who likes his meat a little rare.”

Andromeda laughed a bit at this, clutching Hermione a bit tighter. “Thank you, Hermione.” Pulling back, she looked into the younger woman's sincere brown eyes. “I'm glad Harry has you.”

Hermione smiled back, then turned to look at Harry. “He always has. I'm just glad I still have him.”

Andromeda nodded. “Never forget to be thankful for each other, you two.” Wiping her eyes, she stood and walked towards Harry. “Now, I think Teddy here is due for a changing.”

Harry's eyebrows shot up. “So, that's what that smell was!” Pulling Teddy off his shoulder and smiling down at the infant, Harry said, “And here I thought it was Auntie Hermione the whole time!”

Hermione's mouth fell open. “Why you…”

Andromeda laughed. “Let me take care of Teddy while you take care of Harry, Hermione. Can't let him get away with comments like that, or they'll never stop.” The older woman walked from the room, leaving the teenagers alone for the moment. The moment she was gone, Hermione narrowed her eyes and walked towards Harry, who gulped at his best friend…girlfriend…friend with benefit…what the hell was Hermione?

“What the hell are we, Hermione?”

That stopped the girl in her tracks. “What do you mean, Harry?”

Harry stood. “I mean, we've had sex twice, three times if you count the shower last night, which I do, and we've told each other that we love each other. What the hell are we? Still best friends? Boyfriend/girlfriend? Friends with benefits?”

Hermione bit her lip, and that little action did more to drive Harry crazy than Ginny taking her entire top off last night. However, he watched patiently as she analyzed the situation in her head. Finally:

“Well, obviously we're still best friends.” She marked this point off with her index finger. Next, “Therefore, we are friends with benefits, if you think about everything in that aspect.” Harry shrugged a bit, seeing the logic. Then: “However, I don't see you, Harry, as anything more than the man I love, the man I've taken care of for the last seven, almost eight years. Why should we have to define our relationship any more than that right now? I mean, if we ever get engaged or married, then our relationship will be more legally defined, but oomph--!”

Harry had had enough of her analysis and her maddening lip biting. He finally shut her blabbering mouth up with his own, and she obviously didn't mind, wrapping her arms around his neck and playing in his messy hair.

“Tsk, tsk, Hermione. He'll think he can get away with anything now just by snogging you!” Andromeda laughed as she walked back into the room. The couple broke apart slowly, not ashamed of being caught, but slightly red at the intensity at which they had already reached in someone else's home.

“Well, Andromeda, I never have been able to tell him no. The snogging's just an added bonus.” Hermione grinned at their host.

Andromeda sat down. “I put Teddy down for a bit. Now, talk to me. I know that you two are usually flanked by a third member; where's Ron?”

As Harry and Hermione sat down, they looked at each other. “He didn't exactly take our relationship well. We…ah…you see…” Hermione began.

“He bloody left us while we were hiding out this year. He deserted us because we weren't moving at the pace he thought we should be moving. Food was running low, it was cold, and we weren't exactly the nicest to each other. He couldn't handle it, and he ran. While he was gone, Hermione and I got closer.” Reddening a bit, Harry added, “Much closer, but we didn't mention it when he came back. However, last night, everything came to blows, and now neither he nor Ginny Weasley is speaking to us.”

“Bugger it, Harry!” Hermione looked at Andromeda, whom she was quickly gaining respect for and said, “Ginny seduced Harry last night, and he went and said my name during sex. Ron and I overheard him, and Ron and Ginny flipped, as would be expected.” Looking back at Harry, she smirked. “She's a grown woman, Harry. No need to be that vague.”

Andromeda was doubled over at the two. “Seriously? Gods, Harry! You are too much like Sirius and James for it to be healthy!” Looking back at Hermione, she laughed, “Get out while you can.” Then she slowly caught her breath and said, “But, then again, you're enough like Lily Evans that the Potter men hold a certain appeal, I guess. So, where are you two staying now? I can imagine Hogwarts is a mess, not to mention awkward.”

“Well,” Hermione answered, “we went to McGonagall and gave her a vague overview, and she let us stay in the DADA professor's quarters last night, and we could probably stay there for a while.”

The older witch shook her head. “That won't be necessary. You two go get your stuff and bring it back here. You can get to know Teddy, and I miss having people around. I'm sure if you want to help out around Hogwarts with the cleanup, Minerva will allow you to come and go as you please.”

Harry's eyes widened. “Are you serious?”

“As I can possibly be. Harry, I was cut off from the Black family the day I married Ted Tonks. Technically, you're the only family, short of my grandson in there, I have left. Narcissa…I don't know if she'll ever come around. Sirius, before he died, and Ted made sure I was taken care of, so don't worry about money.”

“Oh, that wasn't a concern. Sirius…”

“Left you well-off, I know. I was meaning that you shouldn't worry that I'm asking for money. I just want you two to have a home, at least as long as you want it. Hermione, I'm sure you'll want to go see your parents, won't you?”

Hermione's eyes filled with tears at the mention of her parents. “I do, but I have to find them first. They're somewhere in Australia; I know the general location, but…”

Harry grabbed her hand. “We'll find them; I promise. Let's get settled, make sure all of the danger's gone, then we'll go find them, okay?”

Hermione gave him a watery smile. “Okay.” Looking back at Andromeda, she held up her beaded bag. “We're already packed.”

Later that night, after sending McGonagall and Neville word about their location, Harry was standing in Teddy's room, walking around with him, singing softly to him a song he had only heard a few times in his childhood. Teddy was asleep on his shoulder, already familiar enough with his godfather to trust him infinitely. From her spot by the door, Hermione smiled and watched Harry lay the baby gently in his crib.

As he turned, she whispered, “I didn't know you could sing.”

Harry jumped a bit, then hung his head. “I didn't know you were watching me. I left you asleep.”

Hermione held out her hand, and Harry took it, following the brunette witch down the hall to their room, the guest room. Harry had refused to use Remus and Tonks's room, and Andromeda hadn't pushed it, neither wanting to go in this soon.

As they entered, Hermione muttered a silencing charm, ensuring the other occupants of the house would hear nothing going on in their room. Harry pulled his shirt off, and the two lay on the bed, amazingly comfortable with each other.

“You looked comfortable in there.”

“Hmm?”

“With Teddy. Looked like it came naturally, the whole father-instinct thing.”

Harry looked down at Hermione teasingly. “Father-instinct thing?”

“Prat. You know what I mean! Teddy's taken to you incredibly quickly.”

Hermione could feel Harry breathe deeply. “That little boy…Gods, Hermione, he's my family, even if it's not by blood, which if wizarding lineage is correct, he is blood through Tonks, but you know what I mean.”

“Don't I always?”

He looked down at her. “Always have.” Silence, then: “You know I love you, right?”

She reached up and kissed him, taking control of his mouth quickly, figuring that if the past was any indication, she was in for a rough night. However, Harry surprised her. He rolled her on her back, taking her shirt off slowly.

“I don't want a shag tonight, love. I want to show you how much I care about you.” He went ahead and said the contraceptive spell, all the time pulling her pajama shorts down and throwing them on the floor. He dropped his head and took her already-hardened nipple in his mouth, playing with her other breast with his left hand. A moan left her lips; she couldn't believe she was already this turned on without them throwing each other around, without biting and the filthy language that had accompanied their other bouts of lovemaking.

Harry's tongue left her right nipple and moved to her left, giving the two equal amounts of attention. Hermione grabbed Harry's head, pulling him closer as she felt his teeth graze her nipple without actually biting it. As he teased her, she felt his hand travel down her stomach and past her knickers, stopping only when it reached…

“THERE!! Merlin, Harry!” Harry grinned from his spot on her chest as she tried to suffocate him in her bosom, holding him so tightly that he thought he'd never breathe again. But what a way to go, eh? Harry allowed his fingers to explore deeper, concentrating on what sound she made when he moved to each location. He wanted to learn her and make her feel good.

Finally, he hit it, that spot that made her squeal like the time the two had ridden Buckbeak together. He pulled back from his ministrations on her breasts and focused solely on going south. Keeping his right hand moving inside her, he moved her knickers to the side, then thought Are you a wizard, or not? before getting rid of them completely without having to stop what he was doing. Bending down, he found her clit easily; it was hard and erect, drawing his attention to it, begging to be attended to.

“Harry, come on, fuck me already!”

There she was… Little Miss Prefect who had never let a curse word worse than `damn' past those perfect lips of hers…he had defiled her quickly. Harry smiled. He brought out the worst…ah…best in the pretty brunette.

“Not yet, love. I'm taking care of you right now.” With that, he bent down and licked her clit, feeling her shake as he inserted a third finger, feeling her get wetter as she writhed more under him.

“Gods, Harry! I'm…Where'd you learn this?”

But Harry couldn't answer. His mouth was busy exploring Hermione, and from Hermione's increasingly vulgar mouth, she was enjoying it a great deal.

“Bloody hell, Harry! I'm…I'm…” Harry felt her orgasm without her having to say a word. But that didn't mean that she didn't try to wake Andromeda and Teddy with the news that she had indeed had the best orgasm of her life. Thank Merlin for silencing charms.

Crawling up beside her, Harry looked down at Hermione, who was still flushed and breathing heavily. “Holy shit, Harry, that was amazing.”

“Have I ever told you that I love your dirty talk?”

She smirked. “Well, let me show you what else you're going to love.” With that, she rolled over on top of him, easing back and taking off his pajama pants slowly. His dick flew up and pre-cum already coated the tip; he was ready for her. She smiled and looked at Harry. “Looks like we're in for some more fun.”

“Fast and rough?”

“You wish.” She sat back and eased the tip of his dick into her still dripping pussy, barely pushing him past the entrance, before pulling out again. She then did it again, and again, going a little further down each time, driving Harry crazy with desire, until he was completely sheathed inside of her.

“What the hell are you doing to me, woman?”

“Driving you crazy, you daft man.” Hermione took that moment to just sit on his dick and pull Harry up into a kiss. Looking into his eyes, she smiled. “I love you too. Just thought I'd throw that out there, you know.”

“Well, that's nice to know, since this would be awkward if you said you didn't.” Harry laughed but leaned in to kiss her again, this time with more passion. He loved this feeling; he was as close to Hermione as he could possibly be with nothing, absolutely nothing, separating the two. “I truly do love you, Hermione Granger, and although it's soon, I intend on making you mine one day.”

That smirk again. “I like the way that sounds, Harry. However, you're going to be just as much mine.” With that, she began moving her hips as she kissed Harry's neck. Soon, the two were moving much more quickly, but with just as much love and passion as before. Harry felt his release building, so he reached down and found Hermione's clit, circling it until he felt her walls clench around him. He soon followed her into oblivion, and the two fell back onto the bed and fell asleep tangled in a mass of limbs and messy hair. Harry had the presence of mind enough to throw the bed's quilt over the two of them before joining Hermione in a peaceful, contented sleep.

“Ronald, where are Harry and Hermione? I thought they would have joined us by now.” Molly looked up from her knitting and at her youngest son. He'd been acting strangely since the night after the battle when he and Hermione had gone off looking for Harry. He had come back late, so she didn't have a chance to ask him about it. Ginny had told Molly that she was staying with some friends, and Molly was so relieved that Ginny seemed to be taking Fred's death so well that she allowed it. However, she did have the thought that she may be sneaking around with Harry.

“Harry and Hermione?” Ron's face turned red as he shifted to face his mother.

“Yes, you know, your two best friends? The ones you left us all and traveled with this last year?” Molly was curious about Ron's reaction.

He looked down at his book, something about Quidditch, and grumbled. “Hell if I know. Probably off somewhere together.”

“What was that, love?”

“Have you asked Ginny where Harry is?”

Molly shook her head. “No, she said she was off with friends. I figured the two of them would work their relationship out when Harry settled down. The poor boy's been through a lot. But they'll pull through.” Molly let a rare smile light her face. “Those two are perfect for one another. That's why I figured you knew where Hermione was; I thought that after everything settles down and we take care of all the…ah…arrangements, you could offer to go help her find her parents. She doesn't need to go alone.”

“Why should I go help her?” Ron's face was more red than usual.

“Well, I thought you two were getting somewhere in your relationship.” At his silence, she continued, “Oh, Ronald! Don't tell me you haven't even talked to her about it!”

George spoke up from his position across the room. “Oh, Mum, Ron's just pissed because Harry's shagging Hermione. Everyone could see that one coming! Now, could you just leave it alone?”

Molly's heart dropped ten feet under her five-foot frame. “Wh-what?”

Ron leapt up. “That's right, Mum! Hermione, the whore, she kissed me during the battle. However, afterwards, when we came looking for Harry that night, we found him and Ginny shagging in a bed up in Gryffindor Towers. Thing is, before we could leave, Harry called out Hermione's name! Turns out they shagged while we were out hunting horcruxes!”

Ginny walked in and sat down. “Thanks, Ron. Very classy of you.” Looking at her shocked mother, she continued, “But I'm fine with it. I don't need Harry Potter. I have someone else.”

Molly was as red as Ron was. “I'm overlooking the fact, Ginny, that you and Harry were doing that in the first place, but those two? Since when does Harry and Hermione…?”

Ron nodded excitedly. “I know! Hermione's been pining for me all this time, and now she wants to go screw Harry! Told me it wasn't any of my business if they had shagged from the moment I left to the time I got back…” he trailed off, realizing what he'd just told his mother.

“You left them? Alone? No wonder they turned to each other! Ronald Weasley, how could you be so…” Molly stopped and caught her breath. A bit calmer, she bit out, “Where are they now?”

“Neville told me earlier that they had left, but he wouldn't say where. They should be back tonight.”

Molly nodded. “I'll take care of everything, Ronald. Don't worry.”

Ginny just shook her head and walked out, heading back toward the Slytherin dungeons. She was wet already.

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->