Unofficial Portkey Archive

Fish and Curry Chips by Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Fish and Curry Chips

Heaven

A/N: Well this started out as a paragraph drabble and grew from there… PWP fluff!

This one is for James, cause he makes Portkey look as great as it does! :D Go Hame!

"I can't believe we've never done this before, Harry." Hermione said as she stared into his emerald eyes.

"You've done this with Ron plenty of times." Harry responded, not breaking contact.

"And I've always come out on top. This time will be no different." Hermione said.

"Oh you think so?" Harry asked, moving around slightly. "I'll have you know that every time I have done this, girls have begged me for a second round."

"Oh you just think so much of yourself don't you, Potter?" Hermione smirked.

"When did you start calling me Potter?" Harry demanded. "I thought we were better friends than that."

"Oh we are." Hermione replied, reaching one finger out to caress along his jaw line. "But when we're done, and I'm on top just like I know I will be, you'll be treating me to a curry dinner."

"Well when we're done and I'm on top just like I know I will be, you'll be treating me to fish and chips." Harry replied, a mischievous spark in his eyes that were still firmly trained to hers.

"You're bloody insufferable, you know that?" Hermione said, moving around so she was more comfortable as his fingers began to trace along her neck line.

The two of them were lying on a blanket in the almost deserted Hyde Park in London. They had been there for hours already just lying and watching the sun disappear behind the many buildings that made up the city. As the last few stragglers left the park, Hermione had turned to Harry with that roguish look in her eyes and that was exactly how the two of them wound up in the position they were in at the moment.

Right smack dab in the middle of a staring contest.

"I'm going to win." Hermione said now, as Harry moved his hand down to brush lightly against her collar bone. "No use in trying to make me laugh, it won't work."

"Such confidence in such a little person," Harry said in his best smartass tone, trying not to burst out laughing at the expression that crossed Hermione's face.

"Bloody hell!" Hermione shouted. "I'm NOT that little!"

"Yes you are," Harry chuckled, knowing that he was going to pay dearly for this later so he may as well milk it for all it's worth. "But like I always say, good things come in little packages."

Hermione opened her mouth to respond that it wasn't her fault- even at 23 years old she was still more petite than girls half her age, it was GENETICS for Merlin's sake- when a breeze blew a strand of her still bushy hair into her eyes. She blinked and brushed it away and Harry sat back, pointing at her.

"I WIN!" he cried triumphantly. "You blinked!"

"I couldn't help it!" She exclaimed. "Let's start over!"

"No way!" Harry got to his feet and did a stupid dance right in the middle of the park. "I won! I beat Hermione Granger!"

"Shut up!" Hermione got up as well. "Sod off Potter!" she crossed her arms and turned around in a huff.

"Aw, come on Hermione," Harry tried to turn her around, a big grin plastered across his face. "Don't be sore just because I won!"

Hermione shrugged off his arm and turned so her back was facing him. Harry grinned even wider and ran forward, scooping her up honeymoon style in his arms, spinning them both around.

"AHHH!" Hermione screamed as her body was lifted up off the ground. "Put me down!" She smacked at his shoulder as he continued to laugh.

"Come on love, how often do I beat you at anything?" Harry asked, finally setting her back down on the ground. She had to hold on to him for a second as she regained her balance.

"Never, and today isn't going to be the start either!" Hermione sat back down on the blanket, Indian style. She hated to lose to anyone, even Harry.

Harry bit his lower lip as his mouth twitched. "I find this competitive side of you very sexy," he said as he sat down next to her.

"You find all parts of me sexy," Hermione relented and turned her head to face him.

"That I do," Harry answered, brushing some hair from her face. "That I do…" his words trailed off as his lips pressed gently against hers. His hand came up to cup her face, his thumb stroking over her smooth cheek.

Hermione gave in and kissed Harry back, opening her mouth as he pushed her down on the blanket. Her fingers wove into his black hair, her nails lightly running along his scalp.

Harry let out a slight moan into her mouth as his tongue moved over hers, exploring her sweet taste. Lord, he loved this woman, even if she was prone to slightly childish attacks of competitiveness.

Hermione shifted underneath him so that his body covered hers. Harry's mouth left hers and began a trail down the side of her neck, moving over the collar bone that he had been tracing with his finger just minutes before. His tongue jetted out to flick against her skin and she let out a loud gasp. "Oh Harry… do that again…" her eyes nearly rolled back in her head at the sheer delight of her lover.

Harry dutifully did what he was told and was rewarded as Hermione slid her hands down his torso, under his shirt and raked her nails back up his chest. She was about to move them back down when Harry suddenly pulled his mouth away from hers and stood up.

"Come on," he pulled on her hand and she stood up.

"What?" she asked, slightly out of breath.

"I'm hungry, and I believe I'm to be treated to a full fish and chips dinner tonight." He replied, bending over to shake off the blanket they'd been lying on.

Hermione watched him with her jaw slightly slack, unable to speak as he folded the blanket and tucked it under his arm. "You were snogging me and thinking of fish and chips?" she asked disbelievingly.

"No," Harry replied as he took her hand and kissed the back of it. "I was thinking of dessert and naturally you came to mind, and then I thought of fish and chips." He grinned and it was so positively absurd that she started to laugh.

"Tell you what…" Hermione threw him a challenging look as they started to walk out of the park. "Dessert is on me… literally… if we can have a rematch tonight."