Unofficial Portkey Archive

Everything is Different by Lady_Slytherin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Everything is Different

Lady_Slytherin

This came into my head after hearing this song. I like it I think it fits. The Song is Everything is different by Don Henley (He was in the Eagles!) Words in Italics are the lyrics. Oh and its written from Draco's point of view.

Everything is Different "Father…" I began I wondered how to tell him and without thinking the words of a muggle song, our song came into my head.

"I hate to tell you but I'm very, very happy."

My father looked up wondering what I could possibly be talking about.

"I know that's not what you'd expect from me at all." Nope and neither is the other bombshell I'll drop tonight.

"I'm not the kind of person to smile and bow out gracefully" Hell no I wasn't.

"I always wanted to take it out to the wall" You taught me that.

"But I've found somebody with a heart the size of Texas." She'd have to have to love me.

"I've found an angel with the golden wings." My father smiled at this still not catching on he was thinking of heirs.

"She saw me down in the dark somehow and everything is different now." The smile faded from his lips. The light was slowly dawning on him.

"Yeah I miss the old crowd sometimes and the wild, wild nights of running." This was it I was telling him I'd ditched Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy and Blaize in favour of Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and most importantly Ginny Weasley.

"You know a starving soul can't survive like that for long. You go around in circles that just keep getting smaller." I'd run those circles trying to live up to your name that was until they constricted and all that was left is your empty shell.

"You wake up one morning and half your life is gone" Ok so I wasn't old enough for half my life to be gone but that's how the song went and how I felt.

"I go so tired of that; I got so lonely." He was glaring at me realising this was my rejection of Voldemort and him as my father. I had captivated my mothers attention but instead of looking at me in disgust she was smiling proud of my rejection.

"I dropped down and called out to heaven, send me someone to love and heaven shot back you get all the love you allow and everything is different now." Its true I believe the heavens sent her to me.

"Oh and its sweet to know the wisdom that living brings since I got a telegram from the god of simple things." He was livid he wouldn't even look at my mother or me now.

"She said I don't care what you do for a living. She said I don't care what kind of car you drive all I want to know right now is what do you believe in and what it means to you to be alive. Will you stand here in this fire with me? Are you ready for another life?" That's right dad a girl dissuaded me from Voldemort and not just any girl a Weasley did it.

"So I bit the bullet and took that vow and everything is different now." My mother walked over to me we were united in our newfound freedom.

That's right Father everything is different now.