Unofficial Portkey Archive

Planes, Trains, and Harry Potter? by harryherm84
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Planes, Trains, and Harry Potter?

harryherm84

A/N: Hello everyone! I know I have two other stories, not yet finished, but this story idea came to me and I had to write it! My one story, Instincts, is on Hiatus right now. I don't really know where I want to go with that story, but I will figure it out later. The next chapter for Trying Times will be out in a couple of days. It is almost completed, I just had a little bit of writer's block, plus this story that I had to get down, so don't worry, I have not abandoned it! So, I hope everyone likes this new story and make sure to READ/REVIEW!!

Disclaimer: I own nothing related to Harry Potter!

Planes, Trains, and Harry Potter?

Chapter One: Reality?

"There is no shame in what you are feeling Harry," said Dumbledore's voice. "On the contrary…the fact that you can feel pain like this is your greatest strength."

Harry felt the white-hot anger lick his insides, blazing in the terrible emptiness, filling him with the desire to hurt Dumbledore for his calmness and empty words.

"My greatest strength, is it?" said Harry, his voice shaking as he stared out at the Quidditch stadium, no longer seeing it. "You haven't got a clue…you don't know…"

"What don't I know?" asked Dumbledore calmly.

It was too much, Harry turned around shaking with anger.

"I don't want to talk about how I feel, all right?"

"Harry suffering like this proves you are still a man! This pain is part of being human-"

"THEN I DON'T WANT TO BE HUMAN!"

A tear rolled down Claire's cheek and splashed onto the hardback book. She washed it away and wiped it from her eye. She was finishing the last bit of the book she had already read three times that summer.

She finished the book, shut it, and hugged it closely to her chest, while a few tears escaped. She always got like this when she read Harry Potter books.

"J.K. Rowling is a genius; I just hope one day I can be a writer like her!" Claire said as she replaced the book back on the bookshelf next to the other four Harry Potter books in her collection of fiction pieces.

Claire was an avid reader with aspirations of becoming a writer. She always dreamed of writing her own novel and it becoming a bestseller. Her favorite character was definitely Harry Potter. She admired and had grown to love the wizard boy and all the other characters within the Harry Potter series.

She dreamed that one day she could have adventures like the ones she read in her books. "But that's fiction, meaning, it is fake and won't happen!" Clair said to herself as she threw herself upon her bed.

Tomorrow was the first day to start her new job at the library for the summer. School was let out a month ago and she had another month and a half for vacation before she began her senior year of high school, so her mom thought it would be best if she got a job. Claire protested at first, but figured it would be good for her in the end. "At least I won't have to stay cooped up in this house for the whole summer!"

Claire didn't have that many friends, she mostly kept to herself. She liked it like that, but sometimes she wished she wasn't so shy all the time. She had never had a boyfriend in her life and she was eighteen years old. She was lonely, she would admit that, but what could she do? Guys never even gave her a second look. So she stuffed herself into her books and continued to dream for the romance, love, and adventure that she read in so many of her books.

That is why she admired Harry Potter books so much. They were full of wonderful stories. She had to admit, that she wrote a few fanfiction stories herself, changing the world to fit the way she would want it, not like there was anything wrong with how J.K. Rowling wrote her stories, it's just that she wrote a few things that she would change, such as making Harry and Hermione come together. She saw herself so much like Hermione and she pictured herself as her when she read the books, along with Harry on one of their crazy escapades, the smartest witch in Hogwarts. She dreamed so much, that reality almost seemed fake to her, but she didn't mind. She like living in her fantasy world.

She got up from her bed, walked to her computer and logged on to Portkey, her favorite site for Harry and Hermione stories. She began to indulge herself into a story when there was a slight knock on her door.

"Come in," Claire said as she continued to read.

The door opened slowly and her mom walked in.

"Honey, what are you doing?" her mom said taking a seat down on her bed.

"Just reading," Claire answered swiveling in the chair to face her mom.

"You and those stories," Claire's mom said as she shook her head giving her a smile.

"Well, I love them, what can I say?" Claire answered.

"Well, I came to tell you not to forget you have to be at the library at nine tomorrow," Claire's mom said.

"I know, I know, Mom," Claire said rolling her eyes. Sometimes she felt like her parents didn't think she was responsible at all. "You don't have to keep telling me!"

"Well, I don't want you staying up late reading those stories tonight, you need your rest!" Claire's mom said getting up from the bed and making her way to the door.

"I know Mom!" Claire said turning back to her story.

Her mom walked out of the door, but before she left she turned around and said, "Oh, Tyler called and he wants you to call him back,"

"Ok, thanks mom," Claire said.

Claire's mind wondered to her best friend and partner in crime, Tyler Smith. They were both pretty close. Tyler moved beside Claire when he was twelve and they had been friends ever since. He was crazy and outgoing, almost opposite of Claire, but they got along really well.

Claire grabbed her phone and was about to dial Tyler's number when she decided she would just walk over and see him.

She threw on her sandals and got up from her desk. She walked over to the bathroom and checked herself in the mirror. She had her long, brown hair pulled back into a messy ponytail. She had on a white tank top and jean shorts. She didn't take much care of her appearance. She didn't bother putting on make-up, it was just Tyler anyway. She stared at her reflection for one more second and ran out the door.

She yelled to her mom that she was running over to Tyler's and then she walked through her backyard and opened the gate that separated their two houses. She walked up the driveway and went to the front door. She knocked rather loudly and waited till a young, blond girl opened the door.

"Hey Claire!" the young girl exclaimed as she made room to let Claire in.

"Hey Tracy, I came to see Tyler," Claire said as she walked into the beautiful home. She always admired Tyler's home. It was huge, with four bedrooms, and three baths. The inside had wonderful wood floors, beautiful art statues. Their house was more of the house where you can't touch anything in, unlike hers.

Even though she was an only child, her house wasn't all that big. Just big enough for her and her parents, they didn't make that much money. Her mom was a housewife and her dad owned his own garage, but it was still her home, and she loved it just as well.

Tyler's parents were both accountants, so they made a decent living.

"Figured, you two are always together!" Tracy said giving Claire a tad smirk.

"Ok Tracy, what do you have to say?" Claire asked knowing the little fourteen year old had something on her mind. Since she was an only child, she often thought of Tracy as a younger sister.

"Well, I just want to know when you two are finally going to get together?" Tracy asked with a smile on her face.

"Tracy," Claire began but was interrupted by a voice coming from upstairs.

"You know, spaz, that we are just friends, you do know the meaning of that don't you?" Tyler asked his sister as he bounded down the stairs and stopped directly in front of Claire.

"Well, I don't know with you two!" Tracy said as she turned to leave the room.

"Shut it!" Tyler said to his retreating sister.

"Hey, mom said you called, so I figured I would just come over," Claire said after she saw that Tyler was done with his little sister.

"Oh, yeah, well I was just wondering if you wanted to go up to Tommy Johnson's party today," Tyler said with a smirk.

"Oh, Tyler, you know how I hate parties!" Claire said as she turned her face from his and stared at the ground.

"Please, come on Claire, it'll be fun!" Tyler said with a pleading look.

"I have to get up early for work tomorrow, and I just have so much to do," Claire said. She really didn't want to go to a party; they were just not her thing.

"Like what?" Tyler asked as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Um, stuff!" Claire said. She still looked at the floor, not wanting to look at his face.

"Sure, Claire, live a little. You never want to do anything!" Tyler said. His voice was almost begging now.

Claire continued to stare at the floor when she felt Tyler's finger on her chin raising her eyes to meet his. They were a bright green and she was mesmerized by them. This is why she didn't want to look in his eyes, because his pouting face and pleading eyes would cause her to do anything. She stared for a second and he stuck out his bottom lip.

"Please!" he said one more time while still looking at her with his hand on her face.

She rolled her eyes a little and said, "Why do you do this to me?"

"Do what?" Tyler asked innocently.

"You know I can't resist you when you look at me like that!" Claire said.

"Great, so how about I come pick you up at eight and then we will head out and we don't have to stay long, but you might have fun!" Tyler said.

"Ok, but I am not dressing up for this!" Claire said as she turned around to head out the door.

"I wouldn't have it any other way!" Tyler said to her as she walked out the door.

Claire gave a wave over her head as she headed to the gate and into her own backyard. She walked back to her room, shut the door, and leaned against it. "What have I got myself into?" Claire said as she hit her head against the door.

She read the clock on her nightstand, it said, 5:45. She decided to sit down and read more of her stories while trying to pass the time.

Suddenly after reading for what seemed like minutes, two hours had passed, and it was now 7:45. She got up, and walked to her closet. She picked out a long pair of jeans that flared out at the bottom, her favorite pair of sketcher boots, and pulled on a pink baby tee. She did nothing with her hair and applied a little lip gloss to her lips and some eyeshadow on her eyes. She brushed her teeth and it was exactly eight when she ran downstairs.

She had told her parents earlier she would be going out, and her mom was a little reluctant about it with her new job tomorrow, but Claire promised she wouldn't be home late and her mother relented.

She was halfway down the stairs when she heard the doorbell ring. She got to the door and ripped it open. The image before her made her stop in her tracks.

Tyler stood with his brown hair gelled and spiked up. He had on a forest green shirt that illuminated his stunning eyes even more. She could see his toned arms, probably from all those days at gym. It made her wonder what he looked like under that shirt. He wore kakhi pants and brown timberland boots. His face was defined more then Claire had noticed before. She thought it was because he never wore his hair up, it was always just lying all over his face. He had his hands dug into his pockets and he gave a half grin when Claire's head finally came back up and reached his face. Damn, he looks good!! Claire, what are you thinking? He is your best friend, stop thinking these things!!!

"So, do you think I look ok?" Tyler asked.

"Tyler..you look…I mean….God, now I am going to look so stupid. Look at me, I look like a bum off the street and you look, well…you look good!" Claire admitted. She could feel her cheeks burning red, but she tried her best to hide it.

"Thanks, and you look fine. Don't worry about it, I told you I don't care, so why should you?" Tyler said.

"Tyler, why didn't you say that you were dressing up, then I would have made myself a little bit more presentable," Claire said. She couldn't believe how dumb she probably looked right now.

"Claire, I'm serious. Who cares? Let's just go and have fun, shall we?" Tyler said as he raised his arm for her to loop her arm through.

She did so and smiled at him. "Ok, I guess you're right. Let's go!" Claire said.

They got into Tyler's Jeep Cherokee and they headed down the road. They didn't have any trouble finding the house; it was the only one with a hundred cars on the grass and street, crazy drunk people running around the yard, and music that could be heard a mile away.

As Claire got out of the car, she felt butterflies in her stomach. She hated this. All the popular people would be here from her school. She didn't care for them much. She dreaded having to walk in there, but she told Tyler she would and being such a good friend she wasn't going to back out now.

She walked around the car and came into stride with Tyler. They walked up to the front door and walked in. All around Claire wasn't sure what she saw, but one thing was clear, they were all drunk! They were all going to get drunk, this is a party, college party, mind you, and that is what they did. Claire figured that Tyler would probably drink, knowing she wouldn't and could be the designated driver.

"See, this isn't so bad," Tyler said as he slung his arm over her shoulders. She barely came up to his shoulder, but she didn't care. She was always smaller then most people, which she liked because she could just disappear if she wanted and not too many would notice.

She looked up at Tyler and gave him a why-the-hell-did-I-listen-to-you-and-come-to-this-party-for look and he gave a quiet chuckle.

"Don't worry, I owe ya one!" he said, slapping his hand on her back and made his way into the party.

"You own me big!" Claire yelled back to him.

Claire watched as Tyler made his way over to some of his guy friends from school. She knew them, but they didn't really talk much. Tyler was either with her, or them, never together at the same time. She always wondered why he never asked her to go with them, probably because she wouldn't have gone anyway.

She watched as he started to laugh at a joke one of his friends made and she started to wish she had some "girl friends" to hang out with. She really had no one other then Tyler, it's not like she was complaining, but it would be nice to have a few other people in her life. She hated having to depend on Tyler to do anything.

As she continued to look, Tyler, looked back and gave her a lopsided grin. Her heart gave a sudden leap. She smiled back and waved, and he turned back to his conversation. Why did my heart flutter when he looked at me? Maybe just because, God, I don't know! I am so confused!

She stood around for about thirty minutes when she felt like she didn't want to be here anymore. She hadn't moved or talked to anyone other than Tyler since she arrived, and no one made a motion to try and talk to her.

She walked over to Tyler and tapped him on his shoulder. He turned around to face her and he leaned in so he could hear what she was going to say.

Claire leaned up and said in his ear, "Tyler, can we go? This place is making me feel uncomfortable!"

Tyler turned his face to her and shook his head no. "Claire, just a little bit longer please, and then we will go. Why don't you just loosen up a little bit? I mean, you never want to have fun!"

Claire took this as an insult. "I do want to have fun, and I do have fun, it's just that I don't like to have fun here, at these types of places!" Claire was pointing around the room and her eyes caught the sight of a half naked guy dancing on a table top with a colander on his head and close pins stuck to his ears. Idiots! "See," she said pointing to the guy on the table.

"Claire, I am not leaving now, you can leave if you want, but you will have to walk home!" Tyler said with a little bit of annoyance in his voice.

Claire started to get angry, but didn't feel like arguing. She turned back to him and said, "Fine, when you are ready to go I will be sitting over there!" she pointed to the couch in the corner.

Tyler nodded and turned back to his friends.

She realized that she was still staring in Tyler's direction so she decided to move away for a little bit. She moved to the other side of the room and sat down on the vacant couch. She could still see Tyler from where she was.

She looked over at him one more time, but this time he wasn't with his friends, he was with a skinny, black haired girl. She was lightly touching him on his arm and giggling. Claire felt sick. She didn't want that girl near Tyler. Now, I am jealous! What is wrong with me? You like your best friend, that's what! No, I do not! We are just friends. Sure, keep telling yourself that!

Why did he act like that? Why does everyone always have to say something about how I like to spend my time? So I like to read rather than party, what's so wrong with that? I mean, everyone has there own opinions and I have mine. This party is lame, I don't want to be here, but I have no choice because my ride won't leave! Claire huffed and folded her arms across her chest and leaned back into the couch. She was still looking in Tyler's direction.

Claire tried to subside her thoughts as she continued to watch the pair. She was all over him and he looked like he was enjoying it. God, how she wanted to leave, get out of here. I should have never of come! For some reason she could feel tears sting the inside of her eyes, but she kept them at bay. She was so intent on watching Tyler she didn't realize that someone had sat down beside her.

"And who might you be?" a voice asked her. Startled, Claire turned to see a boy sitting beside her. He had blond hair and baby blue eyes, and looked well built. He had on a wife beater with jean shorts. He had a beer in his hand, but he didn't look drunk. She thought he looked rather handsome. She immediately felt uncomfortable. She hated this part about herself, why couldn't she just talk to him like a regular person.

"I'm Claire," Claire replied hesitantly.

"Well Claire, I am Rob, nice to meet you," Rob replied politely. Well he seems nice enough.

"You too," Claire said eyeing the floor.

"So what is a pretty girl like you doing over here all alone?" Rob asked while he took another sip of his drink.

"Oh, I just came here with a friend. I don't like these things too much," Claire said still not meeting his gaze.

"To tell you the truth, I don't really either," Rob said leaning in to her ear.

Claire turned to him and smiled. He seems like a really good guy, someone to talk to.

"Do you want a drink or something?" Rob asked.

"Oh, no thanks, I don't drink," Claire answered. She felt stupid now for admitting that. He will probably think I am such a dork. Wait Claire, you are a dork!

"Really? Well, that's a change. Don't really hear too many people like you these days!" Rob answered.

Claire could only nod. She was surprised he didn't make some rude comment like any other boy would. Maybe he isn't like other boys!

"Well, it is kinda loud in here. Do you wanna go upstairs and talk?" Rob asked as he sat upself up on the edge of the couch.

"Well, I don't know," Claire said. She didn't know if she could trust this guy. She heard about all this and she was smart to know not to get herself in that position. But he seems nice, and it is too loud to really talk in here. I can handle myself.

"Oh, come on, I just wanna talk, I swear!" Rob said as he got up from the couch, extending his hand to Claire.

She looked at it reluctantly, and then she turned and caught sight of Tyler. He was dancing with that same girl, looking like he was having a good time. Claire started to get jealous again. Her heart pumped faster and then she heard Tyler's voice inside her head, "Claire, just live a little. Let's go have fun!" Yeah, why can't I have fun once and awhile? Why should I sit here getting jealous over Tyler when I could go and have a nice conversation with Rob?

She then took his hand and he pulled her up. She walked behind him, her hand still entwined in his. He began to walk up the stairs and she chanced one more look at Tyler. This time she caught his stare and he wasn't smiling. He had some kind of look on his face, and she didn't exactly know what it meant. She usually could tell just what he was thinking, but right now she couldn't. He had stopped dancing and just stayed staring at her. Claire couldn't even make herself smile, and she didn't know why. She held his eyes until the view was blocked by the wall.

Why was Tyler looking at me like that? Maybe he was shocked I actually have a guy wanting to pay attention to me! Yeah, that's it. He probably didn't think it would happen.

She followed Rob into one of the upstairs bedrooms. It was a simple room with a queen bed in the middle, dresser and nightstand, and a small lamp and clock radio sat upon it. Rob held the door open for her and she walked into it. Rob seemed to linger at the door a little longer, but Claire didn't think anything of it.

They both sat down on the bed and Rob turned to face her again. "So, now that we have some privacy, what do you want to talk about?"

"Well, do you go to school?" Claire asked trying to strike up conversation.

"Yeah, I go to the UNCC, so not to far from here," Rob answered. But this time when Claire looked at him his eyes seemed to show something other than kindness, it was more of desire. She held her reserve and continued the conversation.

"That's a good school. What year are you?" Claire said shifting herself on the bed a little away from Rob; he was beginning to make her uncomfortable.

"Well, I will be a senior," Rob answered in a nonchalantly. He moved a little closer to her and she didn't know what to do. Maybe he just likes closeness, yeah right he wants more from you then just to talk. She immediately took in her surroundings and realized that something was wrong.

She backed away from Rob and he smiled at her. He immediately leaned in to kiss her and she turned her head away. I have to get out of here now!

She was about to get up from the bed when angry hands gripped her arms.

"What are you doing, Rob? Let me go!" Claire said angrily as she tried to pull her arms free.

"Oh, you know you want it!" Rob sneered as he tried to push Claire down onto the bed moving his head closer to hers.

"Rob, get off me now! I will scream, I swear it!" Claire said. She was struggling to get her arms free and he had now successfully pushed her back on the bed and had her straddled.

"Go ahead and scream bitch, no one will hear you!" Rob said as he slapped Claire hard across the cheek.

"HELP ME! SOMEONE!" Claire screamed, but she heard no one coming, no sound of a rescue, but she had to keep trying.

She kicked her legs and tried to move her arms. He grabbed them tightly and with his other hand he took one of the pillows, shook out the pillow, and wrapped the pillow case around her arms and to the bars on the headboard. He tied them tightly.

Claire continued to move, but now every time she moved her arms the headboard slammed against the wall. Great, now people are just going to think we are doing it! Someone help me please!

"HELP!" she attempted to scream again, but for some reason she knew it was no use.

"See, I told you no one would come. Now, just enjoy this and it will be over before you know it!" Rob said while he licked her face with his disgusting tongue. His touch burned her where he had hit her earlier. She knew there was going to be a bruise there later. She felt her eyes well up with tears, but this time she couldn't hold them back. They flowed down her cheeks and onto the bed that was now going to be where she lost her innocence, to this asshole. No, I won't let that happen, someone has to hear me!

"HELP ME PLEASE!" Claire screamed with all her might. Rob began undoing while he used his other hand to rip her shirt, exposing her bra covered breast.

She felt this was it, I did all I could. She was about to stop struggling when she suddenly heard a loud knock on the door.

Rob immediately shot his head to the door and Claire took this opportunity to scream, "HELP ME PLEASE, HE IS HURTING ME, HELP…" she was suddenly silenced by a fist connecting with her cheek. The pain was incredible, but she hoped whoever was out there would try and get in.

"Shut up!" Rob seethed through his teeth as he remained still.

"CLAIRE!" she heard the familiar voice of Tyler from the other side of the door. A sudden rush of relief filled her insides and even though her jaw was killing her, she gained enough strength to shout, "TYLER! HELP ME!"

"CLAIRE!" Tyler screamed and she saw the door handle rattling. "Claire the door is locked! I am going to go get something to open it!"

"HURRY!" she managed to scream before Rob slapped his palm down on her mouth.

"Oh, he won't get in here before I get finished with you!" Rob said as he got his pants undone and was about to work on hers when a huge blow came to the door. Rob hurried his efforts and Claire stared at the door, knowing that Tyler was going to get in. Hurry Tyler, Hurry!

Claire watched the door intently, trying not to focus on what Rob was doing. She began to try and struggle, to hasten his attempts at getting her pants free. He had the top button done and was about to unzip her when the door burst open and Tyler stood in the doorway, an angry glare etched upon his face.

Claire struggled again as Rob turned his full attention to Tyler. Tyler immediately ran over and rammed Rob down on the floor where they began to fight.

Claire could hear the angry blows being thrown, but she couldn't move, her hands were still bound to the headboard.

"I WILL KILL YOU FOR HURTING HER, YOU BASTARD!" Claire heard Tyler shout from the floor.

Claire wanted to scream, shout, anything, but she found her throat constricted, as all she could do was listen to the muffled sounds of swear words and sickening smacks and cracks. Please let Tyler be ok, Please let Tyler be ok!

Just then Tyler pulled himself from the floor and made his way over to Claire. He looked down on her with sad eyes as he began to untie her hands. When Claire was free she sat up, and she immediately tried to cover herself up. She knew she looked a mess, but she didn't care right now. She was free, nothing had happened, close, but it still didn't happen.

Tyler saw her try to cover up and he pulled off his green shirt and handed it to her. He had a white shirt on underneath. Claire accepted and wrapped it around her shoulders slipping into it and hugging it tightly across her chest.

Just then Tyler leaned in and wrapped Claire in a tight embrace. She couldn't hold back the wave of sobs that escaped her mouth as she cried into Tyler's chest.

"Claire, oh god, Claire, I am so sorry!" Tyler said as he stroked her hair lovingly. "You're ok now; no one is going to hurt you again."

Claire was comforted by Tyler's kind words and she found herself stopping the tears and she looked up into his eyes.

"Thank you," she managed to say, even though it was barely audible. Tyler nodded his head and he wrapped his arm around Claire's shoulders and helped her to stand.

"Let's get you home," Tyler said as he led Claire out of the room. She looked back to see Rob sprawled on the floor, bloodied and beaten. Tyler did that for her. He was so angry about what had happened. He helped her, he protected her and she felt safe in his arms.

He helped her into the passenger side of his jeep and he walked around to get in the driver seat. When he got in he didn't start the engine, rather he turned to face Claire. She couldn't gain the confidence to look into his eyes. She was too embarrassed over the situation that had just occurred, so she managed to find the glove box appealing.

"Claire, I am so sorry. I should have left when you asked me too and none of this would have happened," Tyler admitted.

Oh, he blames himself! No, it isn't his fault! Well tell him! She shot her head up and met his eyes. She could see the guilt within them and she placed her hand on his. "Tyler, don't you dare blame yourself. If this is anyone's fault it is mine for trusting that idiot enough to go into that room with him. God, I am so stupid, I should have known! No guy would ever want to be alone with me unless it was to do what he tried to do," Claire admitted. Tears began rolling down her cheeks and she tried to suppress them before she completely broke down again.

She suddenly felt Tyler's hand on her cheek and he was brushing away the tears. "Claire, this is none of your fault. And of course guys want to be with you. They would be stupid not to, your funny, sweet, smart and beautiful. Any guy would be lucky to have you…" Claire turned to face Tyler as she relished in his kind words and soft touch. "There are just animals out there like him that like to try and take advantage of that!"

Suddenly the thought occurred to Claire and she had to ask. "Tyler, how did you know to come look for me?"

"I don't know, it was like a feeling. Something told me I had to come and find you. I can't really explain it, I guess just a gut feeling," Tyler answered. He moved his hand from her cheek and grabbed her hand in his. "Claire, did he, I mean, did he…"

Claire knew what he was talking about. "No, he didn't get that far, thanks to you," Claire gave him a reassuring smile. "but, he almost did. He hit me a couple times pretty good in the face." She immediately brought her free hand up to rub her soar jaw. She didn't even feel the pain till now, and her face was throbbing.

"Oh, God, Claire, that bastard!" Tyler seethed with anger. She gave his hand a squeeze so he would calm down.

"Don't worry, it will go away in a couple of days," Claire answered.

Tyler rubbed his hand against her cheek and the forming black eye. She gave him a smile and he started the car. "You need some rest,"

When they arrived back home, Tyler walked Claire up to the door. They stood on her back door step and she turned to look at him. She noticed that she still had the shirt and she looked down at it. He must have saw this motion because he whispered, "Keep it,"

She smiled at him. Realization dawned on her that moment and dread filled her body, she turned her widened eyes to Tyler and said, "How am I going to tell my parents?"

He placed a hand on her shoulder to calm her and said quietly, "Don't worry, I will help you," She smiled once again. "Now, go inside and get some rest. I will be over to see you tomorrow and we can tell your parents together about what happened,"

She had her hand on the doorknob and was about to walk in when she turned around and did something she never did before, kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you Tyler, you saved my life tonight,"

"Goodnight Claire, and sweet dreams," Tyler said before turning and walking to the gate.

Claire watched him for a moment before saying quietly, "Goodnight Tyler."

Two months later…

Claire had now been able to get over what happened. Tyler did come over the next day and helped her tell her parents the ordeal. They filed charges, now they are waiting to hear back from the court.

Claire and Tyler had become closer than ever since that night. It was like Tyler practically dropped all his other friends for her. Claire couldn't complain. Her job at the library was going pretty well and Tyler came by often to bring her lunch, or just to chat. He did this pretty much every day of the summer, but now that school had started, Claire usually worked after school and on the weekends, so Tyler came by as often as he could.

She was in the back of the library on this lovely Thursday afternoon stocking new books that had arrived. She was about to get off in an hour. Tyler was meeting her here, and then they were going to go out for pizza and a movie.

Claire's thoughts were consumed by Tyler. She knew now that she definitely had feelings for her long time best friend, but she didn't know about him. They were definitely closer, but he had made no notion or indication that he wanted to further their relationship. They were still best friends, and Claire thought that was how it would always be.

She finished loading the books and walked back up to the counter when suddenly someone came up and covered her eyes with their hands.

"Guess who?" the voice said.

Claire knew instantly who it was, but she wanted to play with him for a minute. "Hmm, could it be my dashing knight in shining armor here to rescue me and whisk me away to his faraway castle to spend eternity as his beloved princess?"

"That's me!" Tyler said as she spun around to meet his charming smile.

"Haha, you!" Claire said as she playfully punched him on his shoulder.

"You read way too many books!" Tyler said grinning. He walked over to the counter and walked behind it. "I bet if I look underneath this cabinet where you keep your stuff, there will be a Harry Potter book laying there, am I correct?"

Claire smiled as Tyler reached down and withdrew Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

"What can I say? I love the books!" Claire laughed as she took the book from him. He smiled and walked back around. He was about to say something else when the head librarian called to her.

"Claire, can you go to the back room and put this cart away?"

"Sure," Claire answered as she walked over to the cart and began wielding it to the back room. Tyler was still at her side.

"You can wait up there if you want. I'll be right back," Claire said to him.

"Well, just thought I would come back here with you," Tyler answered. She gave him a confused look before continuing the trip. He is up the something!

"Let me see push that thing," Tyler said with a mischievous grin.

"Oh, no, I don't think so what…" she tried to say before Tyler had taken control of the cart. He gave himself a running start before leaping on the cart and flying into the back room. He hit the wall with a loud smack that sent him tumbling to the floor.

Claire rushed in to see him lying on the floor and walked over to him. Hands on her hips she gave him a little smile before saying, "Serves you right Mr. Smith!" He moaned a little before he pulled himself off the floor.

Claire looked over at the cart and noticed that Tyler's impact had caused a few brick to come loose.

"See Tyler, look what you did!" Claire said as she marched over to the wall. Moving the cart out of the way, she turned to Tyler. "Hold this," she said as she thrust her Harry Potter book in his hands. She moved to pick up the bricks, when she saw something in the back of the slot that the brick had been in. She pulled it out and eyed the cover. It was covered in dust and she used her fingers to wipe it off.

"The Dark Arts: Sacred Text," Claire read, "What the hell is this?"

"Let me see," Tyler said as he reached down and grabbed the book. Just then Claire felt a strong pull just above her navel and she landed on the ground, hard. She moaned in pain and turned over to see Tyler doing the same thing. She pulled herself up and then offered Tyler a hand. He took it and pulled himself up. She brushed the grass and dirt off of her clothes.

She looked around and knew that they were not in the library anymore. Tyler, obviously reading her thoughts, said, "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore,"

Suddenly, she realized the people staring at them. She looked again and noticed they were standing in a stadium. People sat all along the outside. She then took in the fact that there were different people all around them flying on brooms. Claire rubbed her eyes to make sure she was seeing straight.

Just then one wizard flew his broom down and landed directly in front of them.

"And who might you be and where did you come from?" the boy asked.

Claire then took in what the boy looked like. He had raven black hair, and green eyes, oh god no, please tell me I am dreaming, and there on his forehead was the unmistakable lightning bolt scar. Tell me I am dreaming. Realization hit Claire like a tidal wave and she finally muttered, "Harry Potter?" before falling into darkness.

Hope everyone liked this story. It is not only going to be told from Claire's point of view, but also Hermione's. I will indicate when the change will take place. Hope everyone enjoyed it and please REVIEW!!!