Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blind confrontations by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blind confrontations

Kai_Lun_Mau

Blind Confrontations

Chapter 13:

Imagine a room, simple in design, four walls a ceiling and a floor, now imagine a chair in the centre of that room and an image being projected onto a wall, a face, name and statistics all captured in that image. On this chair sits an individual. Dressed in combat gear, his silvery white hair pulled back into a braided pigtail that falls well below his shoulder's sits on the chair watching the image. A voice, the speaker unseen in the room's dim light calmly talks to the man in the chair.

"Congratulations on last nights operation, neat and surgical as always."

The figure makes no move to respond to the voice, he simply continues to study the image on the wall. "Why do I sense a but looming I this conversation sir."

"That's because there is. It seems Experiment 226 - Alexander Dante was not strong enough for the procedure, once his body had been liquefied and subjected to the study our scientists could not secure enough of the genome that allows these individuals control over the magical arts."

The figure on the chair nodded. "An unexpected development, I gather this is our new target?"

"Yes, she seems well known within the magical community, a witch with extraordinary magical strength and even better both parents are normal individuals, she would be perfect for our experiments."

"Does this famous witch have a name." The figure rose from the chair and walked towards the projected image on wall letting his fingers trace the contours of her face.

"Yes she's a student at Columbia University. Her name is Hermione Granger."

**************

Hermione sighed as she opened up her umbrella, she could swear it rained more often here than at home in England. She slid back her sleeve and sighed, she was running late. Stepping out onto the sidewalk she whistled trying to attract the attention of a cab. After a few minutes she sighed and started to walk.

The streets were fairly empty at this time of night and the rain was keeping even the night owls off the streets. Harry was so going to kill her, she had agreed to come to his place for the evening so they could catch up and watch movies and maybe see if they still had that spark between them.

So lost in her thought was she that she barely noticed the black Hum Vee that was pacing her at the edge of the sidewalk a few metres behind her. The window rolled down slightly and Silver hair watched carefully as his two operatives, Saunders and Mitchum walked towards the target.

Hermione glanced at the two men approaching flashing a brief polite smile to them as she quickened her steps. Saunders nodded in reply before his arm lashed out a small boxy device in his hand that sparked dangerously. Acting on instinct and years of training Hermione flowed around the strike her palm lashing out catching Saunders on the wrist and whipping his arm around, the Tazer slamming into a rushing Mitchum dropping the muscular man to the ground in a twitching heap.

Hermione swore dropping her umbrella and bag and slid into action, her fingers lashing out striking a nerve bundle in Saunders shoulder causing his hand to spasm and the Tazer to clatter down onto the wet street. Saunders yelled in pain and with his free hand pulled his combat knife from the top of his boot and lashed at her, the blade tip slicing a cut in the material of her Jacket.

Hermione bounced backwards avoiding another knife strike before she retaliated, blocking the knife blow with her forearm and knife hand chopped the guy's wrist knocking the knife out of his numb fingers. She closed the distance between her and her attacker and jamming his fingers into the guy's throat latching onto his windpipe. "Start talking arsehole or I will pop your wipe pipe like a zit."

Saunders struggled to break her grip gasping for breath as black spots danced in front of his eyes. "F-fuck y-you b-oomph!" He never finished his insult as Hermione slapped him across the face. "Lets try again shall we. Who sent you." She tightened her grip the guy's face slowly turning purple.

"Ahem…that would be me. I sent them."

Hermione glanced over her shoulder at the man with the silver white hair and frowned. "You a Malfoy?"

"No I'm afraid not. My name is Kyle Asmodeus, you are the much respected talented witch Hermione Granger and I am sorry about this." He smiled briefly as his gleaming silvery knife slid from it's sheathe. "But you are far to important to the project to let free."

Hermione eyed the wickedly sharp knife in Kyle's hand and balled up her fist and slammed into solidly between Saunders eyes dropping the now very unconscious man onto the wet pavement and kicked off shoes to get better traction on the wet sidewalk and slid into a ready stance.

No more words where said as both sprinted across the wet sidewalk, Asmodeus's gleaming blade moving in a silvery arc of light and the spray of blood splashing the sidewalk only to be washed away in the torrential rain.

Hermione gasped clutching at her bleeding arm in pain, her blood welling through her fingers. Kyle smirked. "Come quietly and it won't hurt as much." Hermione snorted.

"Cocky f*cker aren't you."

Kyle shrugged. "You didn't even touch me, come quietly or I will have to cut you Ms Granger." He groaned as suddenly his arm and hand spasmmed; the knife went skittering off across the pavement. "How!" Kyle rubbing his arm trying to get some life back into the numb flesh. "No matter." He whistled shrilly and the doors to the Hummer opened and five more men dressed like Saunders and Mitchum stepped onto the street. "As you can see you are surrounded." Hermione just stared, a slow sinking feeling of despair and anger filling her as the five men surrounded her. Suddenly the spang of metal striking stone rang out and a blur of steel coloured metal collided with one of the five men knocking him senseless.

"Mind if I join this party?"

TBC…

AN: Sorry I know it's been a while but I have been sick and my three year old was in hospital, things are better now I'm better my Lil Bug is home and now the Stories should start flowing again

Yours truly

The evil Kai Lun Mau