Unofficial Portkey Archive

Private Justice by WonkyKris
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Private Justice

WonkyKris

Private Justice

(A/N) PROLGOUE HAS BEEN EDITED!! Nothing major, just grammar, that sort of thing…

Disclaimer- No, I do not own any of the HP characters, that honor belongs to J.K Rowling. There may be some characters that come in a little later that are not from the books, so in a way, I own them!!

Summary- First there was one, and then another Auror wife was murdered, and one fights for her life. Harry Potter's wife may be next on the list. Harry is determined to protect Hermione. But how can he when their own marriage is dying a bitter death?

Also, the idea for this story came from the book "Private Justice" by Terri Blackstock, so of course, she also gets the credit. Most of the events are based from the book, but with some changes. So I do not own the idea!!!

And last but certainly not least, I want to thank my Portkey/Wonky friends. You know who you guys are. You might not read this fic, but I wanted to thank you for 'inspiring' me to do this. Some include………

Pen, thank you for your constructive criticism, lol. I'd thank HB on that too, but he said he didn't give any.

Christine, for helping me get this thing uploaded!!

Sandra, you did give me good pointers, so don't think you didn't!!! And you are a good writer!!!

And Romy, for giving me a few ideas! (Oh, and this story is dedicated to her. From the beginning, she has given me her support and encouragement, and without her, I probably never would have started writing this. So thanks a lot Romy!!! Though I don't think she wants it too, lol).

Luv ya guys!!!!!!

Well, here's the prologue. Enjoy!!!!!

**********

There are stories being told all the time. Some are tall tales, some are fairy tales, and some are stories that were past down from generation to generation in a family. And then, there are the stories, that once they were told, they were never uttered again. And so, no one else would be able to hear it. And it was almost that way with this story. But, people need to hear this story, so they too can understand…

**********

A story started when three eleven year olds met on the Hogwarts Express. The three of them all had different ideas of what Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry would be like. There was the redheaded Ron Weasley, who got most of his information from his older brothers; Bill, Charlie, Percy, and the twins Fred and George. But don't try and believe that Fred and George's information was very reliable.

The girl, who had bushy brown hair, was Hermione Granger, a muggle born who got all of her information from books; mostly Hogwarts: A History. With her memorizing the entire book, she felt very proud of herself.

Then there was the dark haired, emerald eyed boy; Harry Potter, aka The-Boy-Who-Lived. He didn't really know what to expect when he arrived at Hogwarts. He grew up with his aunt, uncle and cousin, and his aunt and uncle kept it a secret from him, that he was in fact, a wizard. Having been only a year old when he defeated the Dark Lord Voldemort, he was left with nothing but a lightning bolt scar on his forehead.

But back to the story. Yes, these three children became best friends in their first year. Ron and Hermione became prefects in their fifth year, but it was Harry and Hermione who became Head Boy and Head Girl in their seventh year. And so, that's where the real story starts.

In their seventh year at Hogwarts, Harry Potter and Hermione Granger fell in love. But since neither was sure on how the other one felt, and not wanting to ruin the friendship they had, they never uttered the three words to each other. And it wasn't until Harry went off to face Voldemort for the last time,with tears filling both their eyes, that they finally said 'I love you' to each other. Typical.

Harry defeated the Dark Lord and returned to Hermione. It was then when they were both 24 that Harry got down on his knee and proposed. And Hermione accepted.

It was on May 15 when the two tied the knot, becoming Mr. and Mrs. Harry Potter. For their honeymoon, they traveled all over the world, and everything was perfect.

When they came back, Harry became an official Auror, while Hermione opened her own shop. A bookshop, called Potter's Books. For a year, things were going great. But it's then that the trouble started.

Enter Cho Chang. Ok, well maybe not enter, for she was there before Harry. Cho was the pretty girl Harry used to have a crush on, from his third year through fifth year. Though nothing serious, Harry and Cho became close which was understandable since they worked together. But they became closer than they should have been. Some nights after work, they would go and get a drink together, but of course, only as friends. Hermione started to get a bit suspicious; but she trusted Harry, so didn't question him about it. Perhaps she should have.

One night, while Harry was still at work, Hermione decided to pay him a surprise visit. Perhaps she shouldn't have, for Cho had just received some sad news. Her grandfather had died, and she was in low spirits. She and Harry were in the back room, and it was there that Harry gave Cho a hug for comfort. And it was then that Hermione walked in.

Hermione, seeingher suspicions playing right before her, drew the conclusions. She apparated home, and Harry came right after her. Harry told her it was nothing, but Hermione wouldn't have it. She just wanted Harry to tell her the truth. He denied it, and after a few weeks, Hermione kicked him out, and there started the separation. Some said; Hermione was being unfair, she should have listened to Harry and forgiven him; but it wasn't that easy.

On the reaction of everyone else who heard the news, it was shock. Harry and Hermione's friends tried to get them to work it out, but it was useless. Harry would blame Hermione, and Hermione just wanted Harry to tell her the truth. What would it take for these two people to realize how much they need each other? Would somebody have to settle their problems……… by death?

**********

A/N- So what do you all think? Please review and let me know!!!!!!!

WKris