Unofficial Portkey Archive

Five Senses by Anne U
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Five Senses

Anne U

Fivc Senses

NC-17, 916 words, H/Hr

They lie together in his bed, wrapped in each other's limbs, skin on skin, breath on breath, hearts beating wildly in time with each other. He plunders her mouth, her breasts, her warm moist curls, the depths of her that he never thought she would offer to him, and his brain reels with memories of how his five senses have brought the two of them to this moment.

It started with a sound. Her voice, in fact. Back then he thought her voice was a bit shrill and bossy. But back then he didn't know her. Has anyone seen a toad? Neville's lost one. You'd think he would've forgotten those words by now, it was so long ago, that first bumpy ride on the Hogwarts Express. But they're etched in his heart along with the thousand other ways she's touched him.

Touch. Hers is the first touch he remembers other than the ones he'd rather forget. Her first hug was the first time he could remember anyone touching him kindly rather than swatting his arse or yanking his arm or shoving him out of sight. He didn't realize it at first, but he lived for her touch, her small soft hands patting his arm in sympathy, grabbing the sleeve of his robes to pull him along to class, clutching his cloak in the Forbidden Forest, bathing his left hand in essence of murtlap. Those fleeting light touches were her way of showing him she cared and always would care, no matter what insanity they endured. Eventually, as their friendship deepened, her touches evolved and her hugs became longer and closer and firmer, as if she meant to anchor him amid the storm that grew around them. Her touch grounded him and when all seemed lost, she was his rock, the foundation he clung to. For as long as he could remember, her touch was the one constant in his life. For longer than he cared to admit, he took it for granted.

Thank Merlin he'd finally admitted he couldn't do without her touch, without hearing her laugh or seeing that smile she gave only to him, without gazing into those brown eyes that lingered on him longer than they should have lingered on a friend. Thank Merlin he'd finally seen. He hadn't known she was pretty until the Yule Ball in fourth year. Then she stopped being just his other best friend and became his best friend who was also a pretty girl. By seventh year he'd realized she was beautiful, though not in a cover-girl way. That kind of beauty was shallow and fleeting, while her beauty came from within. She was stubborn, obsessive and infuriating. But she was also brilliant, loyal, kind, brave, generous and usually right. She always had his best interests at heart, and before they were eighteen years old she'd traveled with him to hell and back. As the darkness around them deepened, he wanted to keep her safe. He'd tried to push her away but she wouldn't let go. He remembered her gentle eyes brimming with tears and the scent of jasmine in her hair as she buried her face in his jumper and hugged him until he couldn't breathe. I'll never leave you, she'd said, her voice thick with tears, so don't try to make me.

Once the worst was over and they'd both survived, he knew he couldn't live without her. He needed her like he needed nothing and no one else in the world. She was his water, his food, his air. Every time she was near him, his senses reeled, but it took him awhile to make sense of it all. Suddenly he knew that everything he wanted in life was right there in front of him and always had been. The look in her eyes told him she'd wait a hundred years for him, but he knew he didn't want to waste another minute, knew that sight and sound and touch and smell could not suffice. Only the taste of her would give him what he needed. He gathered her in his arms and she tipped her head up toward his face, eyes glistening with emotion and anticipation. His hands cupped her face, fingers splayed, memorizing every contour. Then his lips descended on hers; lips, teeth, tongues met and mated, and the sweetness of her almost overwhelmed him. While his tongue roamed her mouth, his hands explored her back, her waist, the curve of her hips, the tender nape of her neck, the contours of her breasts, the silky skin of her inner thigh. She moaned into his mouth, and he knew that one taste would not slake his thirst. He needed to taste all of her, to drown in her soft curves...

Now they lie together in his bed, wrapped in each other's limbs, skin on skin, breath on breath, hearts beating wildly in time with each other. He plunders her mouth and her breasts, his fingers dipping slowly inside her warm moist curls, feeling the soft wet heat that's been waiting just for him. She opens her legs wider as he slides inside her, his lips locked on hers. Her legs curl around his hips, urging him to take her somewhere she's never been before. She parries his every thrust, and they roll and shudder and scream, then fall into a whirlpool of sensations. He buries his face in her jasmine hair and thanks the universe for his five senses.

<3 <3 <3