Unofficial Portkey Archive

Sweetness To Me by dumbles
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Sweetness To Me

dumbles

Title: Sweetness To Me

Outline: A series of 4 letters. During sixth year at Hogwarts, Harry and Hermione write a letter to the other confessing their true feelings. Five years later, they look back at the letters and write a second letter.

Authors Notes: I wrote this story in about 5 minutes, so please excuse if it's a bit rough, it seemed fine to me. I got the title and the little bits throughout from the excellent song by The Waifs 'Sweetness To Me'. The Waifs rule- I highly recommend them.

Sweetness To Me

Part One

Harry

I've never said this before, and I probably will never say it again. I don't really quite know why I am writing this, considering I will never show it to you or ever say this to your face.

You're sweetness to me.

I can see you right now as I write this. You think I'm doing my homework- I hope you don't come over and check up on me- I would never be able to look you in the face.

You mean stuff to me.

Your hair is looking quite tamed tonight- have you been using hair potion again? It looks wonderful- you look wonderful. You always look wonderful. You're smiling- someone has just told a joke and you smiled. I love it when you smile- a true smile from you is such a rare event that when it does happen, your whole face lights up.

Sweetness to me.

I'm rambling right now- I know I am. It's a habit I think I picked up from you- I was never a rambler until you came into my life. But that could be because of the fact that whenever I look at you, my voice box stops working and it takes a lot of effort to hold a regular conversation.

You mean stuff to me.

I'm in agony, Hermione. Writing this was meant to release this agony, but if anything its making it worse. You're everything to me- last year, when I lost Sirius; I thought I'd lost you. I can't put into words the relief I felt when Neville said he could feel a pulse- and then when I arrived in the hospital wing and you were awake- my heart soared.

Sweetness to me.

You're my light in the dark- whenever I am lost I think of you and suddenly I am found. You bring me peace by just sitting in the same room. You touch me, however slightly, and I feel like my entire body has been shoved into a power point. Whenever I am unsure about something, the good side of my brain has your voice. And more often than not, I listen to it.

You mean stuff to me.

You annoy the hell out of me. There are some times where all I want to do is throttle you- more often than not when you're hassling me about school work. But at the same time I never stay mad for long.

Sweetness to me.

I like you with all of your faults.

That's all you'll ever be.

And I think that's love.

You mean stuff to me.