Unofficial Portkey Archive

Rock You Baby by Mister_Midnight
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Rock You Baby

Mister_Midnight

A/N: This is my first attempt at a songfic. The song is `Rock You Baby' by Toby Keith. This is a country song. The characters are owned by J. K. Rowlings. I just own this idea. Thank you and Read and Review.

Voldemort was finally gone, destroyed by Harry Potter in his seventh year. The rest of the Wizarding world loved the peace, but he hadn't found peace since he left Hogwarts. Traveling around for some Quidditch promoters took up most of his time after he graduated. He hated the job and quit that five months ago and returned to Hogwarts as a teacher of the Defense of the Dark Arts class. Since the fall of the Dark Lord, the job hasn't been jinxed, but the professor there was old when he started and retired at the end of the last year. Harry figured it would be a great way to get in touch with his friends again. Ever since their seventh year, Harry hadn't really seen much of his friends.

Ron was a high-up job at the Ministry and it consumed most of his time. Harry tried to contact him several times, but the owls always returned with a message saying he was too busy. He had just as many problems trying to contact Hermione. He always got an owl back saying she was too busy. Or had a date with her boyfriend.

Hermione had turned into a beautiful woman, and Harry had been too blind with his crush on Cho to notice it. It took him the fight against Voldemort to realize his true feelings, but he couldn't act on them. How could he when he couldn't get in touch with her. She worked at Hogwarts as well, so he figured that he could talk to her there.

/ / / / /

After a welcome back from Hagrid and Dumbledore, Harry went out in search of Hermione. They didn't know where she was, but knew she was near the school or in Hogsmeade. After searching the entire school, Harry made his way to Hogsmeade, trying not to think of how beautiful she was or how great a friend she had been. Making his way over to Three Broomsticks, Harry only hoped that she was here.

Met you at a café

At a table meant for two

You were sitting by your lonesome,

When I sat down with you

As Harry entered, he felt a wave of remembrance and serenity overcome him. A soft song was playing and a few couples were dancing on a newly added floor. It felt so good to be back in the place were he spent many weekends with Ron and . . . . . Hermione . . . . . She was sitting by herself in one of the smaller corner tables. Harry walked over to her, gently putting a hand on her shoulder.

Tried hard not to show it

But I couldn't help but see

That you were a broken heart out on your sleeve

"Hermione," Harry whispered softly as he stared at her. Her eyes were puffy and red. She looked heartbroken and distraught over something. She looked back at him, wiping her tears from time to time. "What happened?"

And your loneliness could not disguise

The beauty and the charm

Thought if I ever get you,

Shattered lady in my arms

"It's over," Hermione said, obviously fighting the tears. Even through all the tears and all the pain, Harry could see her beauty radiating off of her. "That bastard broke up with me and is going out with some floosie now." She wiped a tear again. He knelt down beside side her, and doing the only thing that felt right, Harry slowly wrapped her in a hug.

I'm gonna rock you baby to sleep

I'm gonna make you crazy over me

I'm gonna hold you like you have never been held before

And I'm gonna love you till you tell me you can't love anymore

Hermione soon joined Harry on the floor, her tears streaming down her face and onto her shirt. But he refused to let her go, after she pushed against his chest. He slowly began to rock back and forth, speaking in soft tones.

"Hush, `Mione." Harry whispered into her ear. "I'm here for you."

I'm gonna shake your emotion right down to your soul

And I'm gonna love you all over in and out of control

If this is how love is suppose to feel

Baby I've fallen head over heels

I'm gonna rock you baby

"I'm here for you." Harry said again. With her in his arms, he felt a relief from the world, and a relief from the pain. Even though he couldn't stop feeling hers, he felt like that just being there with her, after everything he had lost, it felt good. It dawned on his. He loved Hermione Granger.

Over open conversation

And a bottle of red wine

You said this world is full of users

And I know that I've had mine

They stood back up, and Harry let her get back into her seat. He never let go of her hand, rubbing it gently, and giving her a warming smile. She began to tell him everything, how her boyfriend cheated on her and only used her for money. Harry felt an urge to hurt this man that broke the heart of the beauty in front of him, but he gently rubbed her knuckles, calming both of them. He ordered a bottle of their wine. She blushed as he poured her a glass.

"What's so funny?" Harry asked as he poured his own.

"You remembered my favorite." Hermione said as he gave her another warming smile. She returned it, but it soon was replaced by the tears. "Why did he have to be so selfish and conceited? Why does it feel like every one used me for something?" Harry just shook his head.

"I don't know `Mione. But I'm here for you." Harry said, taking her other hand. He stood up and pulled her into a hug.

We danced a little slow dance until they closed that café down

Harry didn't want to let go. And neither did she. She had wrapped her arms around his waist, and some how, they had made it to the dance floor. He stared into her eyes, forgetting his hate for the man who hurt her, only seeing an amazing love for her. One he only hoped that he could return to her.

Hermione laid her head down on his shoulder, and Harry pulled her closer to his body. He was amazed at how well her body complemented him, as if their two bodies became one. She began to snuggle closer to him as a chilly wind blew through the bar. Soon, her head was under his chin, with a smile on her face.

They were thrown out after several hours. Harry had forgotten how long it had been since he felt that way, how long it had been since he felt at peace with everyone and love for someone. He looked down at the person who made him feel that way. Hermione had fallen asleep in his arms, and he carried her back to Hogwarts.

Slowly, he carried her up to his room. It was too early to do anything, and he loved her too much to do anything that she didn't want to do. He laid her down in his bed, trying not to wake her.

You said `what would be the chance that tonight I finally found

Someone who makes me feel like my life has just begun

I said `girl believe in me and I'll show you how it's done

"Harry, how come when ever I'm with you, I feel like my life had just begun?" Hermione asked him as he knelt beside her.

"Because, `Mione. I love you, and you have the same effect on me." Harry said, leaning closer to her. Before he had time to react and think of something else, his lips were on hers and one of his hands pulled her closer to him. It was something that he had been longing for his entire life. What he felt in that one kiss was something he had never felt before. Love, true love. Love that would stand the test of time.

I'm gonna rock you baby to sleep

I'm gonna make you crazy over me

I'm gonna hold you like you have never been held before

And I'm gonna love you till you tell me you can't love anymore

Harry got into the bed, not releasing her from his lips. He pulled her closer and felt her wrap her arms around him, with on resting on his chest. He slowly began to rock her back and forth, like he had in the café.

I'm gonna shake your emotion right down to your soul

And I'm gonna love you all over in and out of control

If this is how love is suppose to feel

Baby I've fallen head over heels

I'm gonna rock you baby

"Harry," Hermione said as they broke for air. "I love you too." Harry pulled her even closer, no once stopped rocking her.

"And I'm head over heels for you, my sweet `Mione." Harry whispered into her ear, getting a slight giggle. But she stopped as she yawned and fell asleep on his chest. Harry didn't want to let go, fearing that this might all be a dream. He slowly drifted to sleep, dreaming of the same he had since he left Hogwarts, his wonderful brunette princess. But this time, she had a name: Hermione Granger.

I'm gonna rock you baby to sleep

I'm gonna make you crazy over me

I'm gonna hold you like you have never been held before

And I'm gonna love you till you tell me you can't love anymore

I'm gonna shake your emotion right down to your soul

And I'm gonna love you all over in and out of control

If this is how love is suppose to feel

Baby I've fallen head over heels

I'm gonna rock you baby