Unofficial Portkey Archive

Walk Away by InTheStars
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Walk Away

InTheStars

This chapter was automatically imported from the story archive available on /r/HPharmony.

Please report any issues by using the Report as broken button!

Title: Walk Away

Author: Faith

Summary: What do you do, when you know something's bad for you, and you still can't let go?

Disclaimer: Don't own Ginny, Draco, or "Walk Away" by Christina Aguilera, which is in italics.

-

What do you do?

When you know something's bad for you?

And you still can't let go?

He never truly love me.

I didn't know at first, but the truth of it was obvious.

It was the way he looked at me, with steel grey eyes that never softened. The way he talked to me, spoke down to me. The way he touched me.

I'm not even sure he knew what love was. How could he?

I was a silly little girl in his bed, pale skin and freckles and red flowing hair he could run his fingers through, but close his eyes to the color. The color. Flaming, fire, against blonde so white. Such a sin we were, underneath green sheets.

Ironic. Bitter laughter can only answer what we deserved for such an atrocity. What would mummy and daddy say? What did he care, anyway?

He was so beautiful, so precise in the way he spun his web to catch me. The spindles of fine fiber that held me down.

I was more than his beautiful consort he could pull into dark corners. I was his amusement. Used for his sick, twisted pleasure, his venom seeping through, intoxicating my blood like acid and eating up my insides.

Only to go back for more. And he reveled in that power. Such a naive, little thing he could corrupt. I was art to him, to mold with his hands and his words.

Such a dramatic tale of love and hate and betrayal I weave. No need to explain how I both loved and hated him. Every part of him. So very predictable and cliche.

He'd trapped me. Closed in the walls so tight it was hard to breathe. He took away my breath with kisses and touches and his poison. Such an illusion of his, to make for me. Painting a canvas of caring, of a relationship of love.

Love, his luring constant. He wanted me to love him, he wanted me to suffer, loose the control I had chiseled into my facade. He wanted to hurt me, to break me, to watch me fall for him. As if he knew I would, as if he knew it would happen.

And I did. He wanted me to die inside when he walked away. To watch his retreating back with streaming tears so heavy they'd distort his figure.

Because he knew. He knew I wouldn't walk away. I wouldn't walk away after he tore my mask and revealed who I was. Vulnerable.

A game. An intricate game with its players and its pawns. He set me up on the board and he made his move.

And he wanted to leave me wanting. He knew he'd leave me wanting. Vengeance and revenge, it was the perfect plan, the perfect scheme, the perfect heartbreak.

How he must have bathed in the sure fact of pain. Of hurting my already bruised heart. Bleeding me dry of all feeling until I'd hate him and love him and cry for him and want to kill him.

Prisoner. Prisoner to his whims and his wishes and the pain of this slow burn.

Desperation. I wanted to beg, plead, I wanted him like air in my lungs, and more wounds were opened, slit opened and cleaved. I wanted to get away, break free of his strong hold of spider webs and poison and artificial words.

Get away.

Just walk away.

Only thing I need to do

Is walk away from you

Walk away

-end-