Unofficial Portkey Archive

Frustrating by InTheStars
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Frustrating

InTheStars

This chapter was automatically imported from the story archive available on /r/HPharmony.

Please report any issues by using the Report as broken button!

Title: Frustrating
Author: Faith
Rating: PG
Author's Note: Just a drabble/ficlet I whipped up at a burst of inspiration. Not original, mind, but it's all right, I guess.
Dedication: To Nitya and Kristina, because they rock my socks. :D

---

There was nothing as frustrating as Ginny Weasley in a state of all-consuming temper.

She cussed (quite fluently and in a very un-ladylike way), she yelled, she stomped, her hair stood on end like licking flames, her chocolate eyes melted black, and her fists would curl at her sides, ready at the slightest provocation to strike.

There was nothing, at all, Draco Malfoy could think of that effected him more.

It made his teeth grit, his eyes narrow, and his sneer to twist. He could only let sounds of sarcasm and of insults to spew forth, while her own sharp mouth fired back, like some preface to a duel of sorts.

He'd never curse the minx, though he wouldn't dare doubt she learned the self-control to censor such reactions. Want was not the obstacle, for he knew exactly which curse or hex he'd use, but he could never bring himself to. Why, he could not say, and if confronted by a fellow Slytherin ("You like her, don't you?"), he could only smile grimly and tell them, rather nastily, to mind their own business ("Jealous, Pansy? My, my, here's a galleon. Maybe if you give it to Bulstrode she'll let you bother her instead of myself.").

Ginny, on other hand, had also made it clear she'd have no talking about her predicament ("I'll kill him." "Don't burst a vein, Ron."), even through her brother's many attempts ("Just one hit, Gin. He's such a coward he'll-" "Please do stop.").

But the fact still remained, that there was still nothing as frustrating as Ginny Weasley in a temper, not even the Weasel's glares, or Pansy's bickering. And Ginny could vouch that there was nothing more frustrating than Draco Malfoy's sneer, his perfectly combed blonde hair, and that biting sarcasm of his.

Yet frustrating is still a very flexible word, and when either answered about the situation, they only answered accordingly. Not two words, not three, just that one. Frustrating.

And frustrating, as it were, also took on another meaning. Not a voiced one, of course.

Yes, Draco Malfoy was quite positive of Ginny's Weasley's frustrating temper, and Ginny Weasley was quite confident of her accurate description of Draco Malfoy's frustrating comments.

But both were also quite positive and confident of the claim that, looking beyond such silly and tedious behaviors, they could fairly say they almost tolerated one another.

If snogging counted as such.

Which they believed it could, and did.

Well, if toleration could be considered a growing affection.

And, supposing, growing affection could be considered liking.

And liking could even be seen as more similar to love.

Yes, that was more accurate.
---

-end-