Unofficial Portkey Archive

Aunt FLow's Monthly Visit by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Aunt FLow's Monthly Visit

Harrys Mistress

Here's another little challenge I did that I never posted. Again, short and fluffy.

XXX

Aunt Flo's Monthly Visit

Hermione had her share of pain. There was the time when she was three and a dog had bit her arm, giving her about fifty stitches. Then that time in sixth grade when she fell from a tree that her grade school friend had dared her to climb. She had broken her arm and fractured a few ribs. Not to mention also the number of curses she had endured through Death Eaters and fighting with her best friend Harry. However, as far as she was concerned, those were a walk in the park. Nothing...absolutely nothing compared to her monthly cramps that her "Aunt Flo" was kind enough to bring her when she visited. They were a nightmare and this morning she woke up with a hell of a spell.

And there wasn't a damn thing she could do about it.

She had miscalculated her muggle medicine and thought she had another bottle, but to her displeasure, found out she had ran out of them. So, even if she borrowed Hedwig, by the time she got back, it would have been too late. The potion that Madam Pomfrey gave out to students never had a strong affect on her, so it was pointless to go see her. The best she could do was having a permanent heating charm on her lower belly, back and legs all day. It helped....some, but dammit not near good enough to help her mood.

Today was gonna be a hell of a day and Merlin help the person that got in her way.

*******

Quidditch. Is that all they ever talk about? It was enough to drive a sane person mad! Hermione angrily stabbed at her eggs, but never really ate them. Ron was gabbing away about some special move he thought up of and how they needed to practice for it in time for their next match. She looked angrily over at Ron who was talking a mile a minute, but still had time to inhale his breakfast. She was surprised he wasn't spraying poor Harry with chewed up toast and eggs.

"Hermione?"

Hermione looked up to see Harry looking at her with concern in his eyes. Ron sat there stunned that Harry actually had the nerve to interrupt him during such a important conversation. "Yeah?" she finally asked.

Harry cocked his head to one side and studied her. "You all right?"

Bemused, she blinked up at him not sure on what to say. She was so sure Harry was busy chatting with Ron, he wouldn't notice her foul mood. She opened her mouth to speak, but Ron beat her to the punch.

"Of course she's okay, Harry," Ron exasperated as he continued to inhale his food. "She's probably just stressing over a test or something. Now, as I was saying...."

"Excuse me," Harry said firmly cutting Ron off again. "I believe I asked Hermione a question, Ron. Is your name Hermione?"

Ron blinked and swallowed his food. "Um. No, my name's Ron Weasley."

"Didn't think so. So do you mind if I let Hermione answer the question. You know, considering I asked her and all."

Ron grumbled some response as he turned away and attacked his food once more.

Harry rolled his eyes and then turned his attention back to Hermione. "Sorry," he said grinning slightly.

"No, it's fine," she said with a small smile. She appreciated his concern. It made her feel like she actually mattered to him. It felt good. "I'm okay, Harry. Just, having a bad morning."

He leaned forward in his seat so she could have his full attention. "You sure?"

She tried to give him his best reassuring smile. "Positive." She then dropped her fork to her plate and gathered her things. "I better run."

"But...you hardly touched your food," he pointed out. "And you don't have class for another fifteen minutes."

"Yeah. Well, I'm not all that hungry." She shrugged it off and then waved a quick bye, before scurrying off.

"What was that all about?" Ron grumbled once she was gone.

Harry shook his head. "I don't know. Didn't you notice something was wrong?"

Ron shrugged. "No, not really."

Harry huffed out a breath. "That doesn't surprise me," he mumbled under his breath.

"What?"

Harry was looking off to where Hermione ran off too and then finally shook his head clear. "Nothing. What were you saying again? About the play."

As soon as Quidditch came back into topic, Ron forgot about all else. "Oh, right....well I was thinking that you could be a diversion and...."

Harry continued to listen to Ron, but it was going in one ear and out the other. His mind was on Hermione and he was worried about her, and when he worried about her, there was no room left in his brain to concentrate on anything else.

XXX

As the day wore on, instead of her cramps getting better--they got worse. She couldn't even concentrate in her classes, even though she tried to ignore the pain, but it just wouldn't go away. She was irritable and crabby all day, so she did the safest thing, which was, avoid human contact. Physically and vocally.

She was in the middle of her last class, which was Transfiguration, counting down the minutes when Harry bumped her elbow with his own. She flinched and looked over at him. "What?" she hissed.

Harry was looking at her with wide eyes--curious eyes, then nodded his head up to the front. She blinked and looked over to see Professor McGonagall looking down at her. Did she ask her a question? She had no clue, she had been in a daze the whole period. "Uhhh---"

"Miss Granger, have you been paying attention?" she asked with almost a shocking look in her eyes.

"Um. Of course...course I have."

"Well, then will you answer the question?"

She winced when a sharp pain stabbed her in the stomach. "Question?" she managed to say.

"Yes, the question I just directed to you." She folded her arms. "Since you were paying attention, please answer it."

Oh crap...oh crap, crap, crap! "I...er...I'm sorry," she sighed looking down at her lap. "I don't know."

She heard gasps from other students and she hunkered down in her seat completely embarrassed. She then shut her eyes when Harry answered the question correctly and when she opened them she saw Harry was still studying her as if she grew a second head. She shook her head as if to say, 'Don't ask,' and turned her attention back to the teacher.

"Well, well, I must say," Draco Malfoy said loudly as they walked out of the room. "I never thought I'd see the day that Hermione Granger would miss a question."

Ron snickered and nudged his new friend Draco. "Miss it? She didn't even hear the question."

"Oh bugger off," Hermione hissed trying to control her anger as best she could.

"Oooo," Draco said sarcastically as he held up his hands. "Watch out everyone, looks like it's that time of the month for Hermione."

They both hooted with laughter and Harry scowled at them both. Hermione just whirled around on them so suddenly that they both jumped back. "You're going to pay for that one, Draco Malfoy!" Draco stopped laughing and his smile fell. "And I don't see why you're still laughing, Ronald Weasley." Ron swallowed his laughter and remained quiet. "I've had a terrible morning and a terrible afternoon, hopefully my evening won't suck, but you guys just made it impossible. Now, go run off to your little girlfriends, before they get angry, because well--we all know you are both whipped."

Ron and Draco's jaw dropped when Hermione turned away and stormed off. Harry was stunned at well, but couldn't help but chuckle at both Ron and Draco. "Man, ever since you guys became friends, ya'll have been a regular couple of ass's."

"Oh, sodd off, Potter," Draco began. "Why don't you go after her than and...."

"Draco!"

He spun around and cursed softly when his girlfriend strode up to him, with Luna bringing up the rear. "Ginny," he said innocently with a bright smile. "How are you..."

"Don't give me that," Ginny scolded.

"Yeah, we saw Hermione leave just now," Luna said eyeing her boyfriend and Draco. "No doubt you two were involved."

"No we weren't!" They both said at the same time.

Harry snorted, which told the girls that they were indeed correct. "Sorry," he said with a shrug when they glared at him for turning them in. "Kind of slipped out."

"Well," Ginny said as she lifted up her chin to Draco. "I just can't talk to you right now." Luna gave a nod of agreement, while making a high pitch sound of approval and followed Ginny, leaving their boyfriends behind.

"Ginny, wait..."

"Lunna, don't be like that..."

Harry watched in amusement as both boys ran after them. Wow, Hermione was right. They were whipped. Harry then sighed and his smile fell while he looked down the corridor Hermione stormed down. He was worried about her. She hadn't been herself all day. With his mind made up, he made his way towards the common room they both shared, hoping she'd be there. She obviously wasn't having a good day, maybe he could make the rest of it better--somehow.

Harry went straight to the Head Boy/Girl common room that they shared, hoping that she'd be there. A part of him knew she would be, whenever she wanted to be alone, she'd go there. Harry would be the only person that could get in, but she told him once that his company was always welcomed. And on the rare days that she needed to be alone, he'd give it to her. He just would check up on her, see if she was okay. If she told him to leave her alone...he would.

He walked into the common room, already sensing the warmth from the fire. He saw her on the couch, curled up into a ball as she rocked back and forth. His eyebrows creased as he walked around the couch to get a closer look and noticed her face was flushed and dried tears ran down her cheeks. She kept rocking as she whimpered, holding her stomach and his heart ached for her. What kind of pain was she in?

He crouched down next to her and touched her cheek softly. "Hermione?"

She jerked suddenly, gasping as her eyes flew open. "Harry?"

"Yeah," he said softly and could tell she was trying to fight the pain. "What's wrong?"

She tried to sit up, but it was difficult and didn't protest when Harry stood up to help her, then sat down next to her. "It's nothing, I..."

Harry's eyes widened when she hissed out a breath and clutched her stomach in pain. Then, it dawned on him. "They were right," he said softly. "As big of jerks Draco and Ron are--they were right, weren't they?"

She closed her eyes tight and clenched her teeth. "Yeah, and it's really kind of embarrassing, so...."

"What can I do?" he asked as he touched her hair softly.

She shook her head. "You don't have to do anything, it will go away, please you can go and..."

"No, I'm not going anywhere, Hermione," he said firmly. "I know I usually do leave when you want me to, but I'm afraid I have to be stubborn on this." When she just sighed in defeat, he took that as an okay. "Where does it hurt?"

"Everywhere," she exasperated. "My stomach, back, tops of my legs. And this uniform is so binding, it's making me miserable."

"Okay, just hang on a sec," he said and then stood up and got rid of his robe.

Hermione blinked as she watched him pull his sweater over his head. "Harry, what are you doing?"

Standing in his white undershirt and jeans, he turned the sweater back side out. "Here...I'll turn around while you put this on."

"Wh..What?"

"Wear it...it's big enough to cover you, I promise. It will be much more comfortable."

It was too good to pass away so she stood up and took it from him. "Thanks," she said and then leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. "What would I do without you?"

He just gave her a grin and tapped her nose with his finger. "Tell me when you're done," he said and then turned his back to her.

Hermione didn't waste anytime and she quickly began to tear off her close. She almost groaned in relief when she slid off her tight skirt and binding button down shirt. Finally when she was all free of her clothes she slid on Harry's sweater and sighed in pleasure. It was so soft and smelled of Harry. She was already feeling better. "Okay, you can turn around."

Harry turned and grinned at her appearance. Standing there bare footed, his sweater practically swallowed her and ran down to almost her knees. She looked absolutely adorable. "Better?"

"Much," she said with a smile. "Thanks."

"We've only begun. You say your back aches?"

She winced as she leaned back and touched the small of her back. "Yeah, very tender."

"Well, I'll fix that." He then sat down on the couch and grabbed her wrist, pulling her down until she sat between his spread legs. "I'm going to give you a back rub."

He started at her shoulders, rubbing his long fingers against her aching muscles. She didn't say anything, just dropped her head in defeat as his magical fingers began to ease her pain. He took his time, making sure he got every square inch of her back. He would occasionally run his hands up and down her back, lingering at places to knead and caress. When he got to her lower back, she let out a gasp as she arched her back, causing her head to fall on his shoulders. "That feel better?" he whispered in her ear as he pressed both his thumbs more firmly against her.

"Mmmm, it feels great," she murmured as she lifted an arm and gripped the back of his neck as experienced pain and pleasure at the same time.

Harry was getting turned on. It was just a fact. I mean, what guy wouldn't in this situation? He was giving a beautiful woman a rub down, while she was arching against him, gripping him as she made sounds that drove him crazy. He slid his hands over to her waist and since his lips were right there, he planted a kiss on the small spot of skin behind her ear. "How bout the legs?" His spread out on the top of her thighs, running them up and down her legs.

She sighed as she relaxed against him. "You have magical hands, Harry, and I don't mean magical in sense of producing charms or spells." She bit her lip to keep from moaning. When he touched her everything else melted away. "You have the magic touch."

"I'm glad it's helping." He then leaned back and brought her with him, before placing a hand on her belly. "Is this where it hurts the most?"

"Yes," she said placing a hand over his. "But the warmth of your hand helps."

"Then we'll stay like this," he said as he started to move his hand in soothing circles. "Until all of your pain has ebbed away."

She shifted her neck back so she could look into his eyes. Their lips were inches apart. "That could take awhile."

He gave her a smile. "I don't need to be anywhere but here." He then did something that both shocked them both. He kissed her. It was soft and gentle. More like a whisper than a kiss, but enough to have both their hearts beating wildly.

Stunned, Hermione blinked up at him. "Harry..."

"Shh." He kissed her forehead. "Just relax." He pulled her closer so she would have no choice but to turn back around. "Shut your eyes, and relax."

Hermione took in a shaky breath and fluttered her eyes closed. The warmth Harry provided enveloped her all around and the kiss he gave her still left a slight tingle on her lips. This was definitely better than any medicine she had used in the past. She was feeling better already.

Hermione dozed for a good hour or so and when she finally woke up she felt gloriously satisfied. She could still feel Harry behind her and the warmth he provided with his strong arms holding her tight and his warm hands resting comfortable on her belly. They were lying down now and Hermione didn't remember changing positions. She turned her head around to see Harry sound asleep and she smiled slightly when she remembered the soft kiss they shared before they fell asleep.

She shifted on the couch until she was now facing him and their stomachs were pressed together, and their legs were tangled. Fascinated, she studied his lips as she touched her finger over his bottom lip, wanting desperately to kiss them again. He was so amazingly sweet...so gentle. It was no wonder she was in love with him.

"Feeling better?"

Hermione shifted her eyes away from his lips to see his emerald green eyes looking at hers in amusement. She nodded her head shyly, embarrassed that he caught her staring. "Much better."

"Good," he said as he touched her cheek softly. "Pains all gone?"

Her eyes fluttered close at his touch. "Yes. Thanks to you."

He brushed his thumb across her soft inviting lips. "What are friends for?"

Her eyes opened and studied him closely. Friends? Just friends? Even after what happened? "Are we, Harry? Friends?"

"Yes." He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer. "Best of friends." He bent down and kissed her with the same gentleness he did before. "You also happen to be the love of my life."

Her eyes widened and she was sure her heart would explode out of her chest. "Harry..."

"I love you," he said as he dropped his brow against hers. "Please don't tell me the kiss was a mistake, I couldn't bear it."

Tears started to mist her eyes as she smiled softly at him. "Harry...I've loved you for so long."

Harry hitched in a breath. "You have?"

"Yes." This time she tilted her head so she could kiss him, lingering as their lips absorbed. "I love you."

Harry let out a sigh of relief as he pulled her tightly against him as he buried his face in her neck. "You mean so much to me, Hermione. Always remember that."

She clutched him tight, their hearts beating together fast as emotions swirled through them. "I will...I'll always be there for you, Harry."

Harry kissed her again, but this time it was more passionate--more heart-felt. His tongue invaded her mouth and her senses as they explored each other for the first time. Hands caressed as they traveled over tight muscles and soft skin.

"I hope you realize something, Harry," she whispered when she let him run his tongue along her neck.

"What's that?" he murmured in her ear, then nipped her earlobe and felt her shudder.

"You're my new medicine," she told him. "So once a month I have to borrow your warm hands and clever mouth."

He smiled down at her, pushing back her hair away from her face. "That's fine by me...anything I can do to help."

She cupped his face and brought his head down. "You can start by kissing me."

And Harry obliged.