Unofficial Portkey Archive

Beauty and the Beast by ShootingStar
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Beauty and the Beast

ShootingStar

Beauty and The Beast

(A/N: Hello and welcome to the first chapter of Beauty and the Beast. I'll be taking it a little differently than the true Beauty and the Beast. I thought it'd come out perfectly with the characters of Harry Potter and I do hope my imagery in the characters show you who they are supposed to be. Please leave a review as I'd greatly appreciate any comments or suggestions you all might have. Completely AU as I'm a total fan of AU fan fictions with my favourite pairings of course!! By the way if you know of any GOOD AU fics with H/Hr pairing please say so in the review and tell me the author/link/story. Where to find it etc, I'm a great fan and I might've read the one you're suggesting by now but I don't know that do I?)

Disclaimer: I do not own any characters of Harry Potter nor do I own the true story line of Beauty and the Beast.


Chapter 1: Half man- Half Beast

In the woodlands of France lived many lords and these lords had castles and vast amount of land. The count was the most powerful of these lords in the county. The count in this land was Sir James Lombardy Potter the III married to Liliana Elyzabethean Evans the II. They had one son, Prince Harry James Lombardy Potter the IV. His childhood was very much like all the other children had but he was quite resentful to all and selfish as he kept to himself.

On the day of his 13th birthday an enchantress had placed a test on him which would determine his fate unbeknownst to him. He was taking his usual solitary stroll in the woods when he came upon a young fawn caught in a trappers mechanism.

The fawn made all sorts of noises but the young prince walked on undeterred. He then came upon a young boy about his age crying with a little girl. Apparently the young boy and the little girl had lost they're way home and were trying to find they're way back. When they asked him for a bit of food for they were hungry, he merely sneered at them and walked away still unfazed as they shouted at him from the distance.

Last but not least the enchantress appeared to him herself in the form of a beggar dressed in rags bearing a single rose. She appeared to him at the gates of the castle as he was passing by. She told him that she would very much appreciate a place to stay for the night and exchange for this she would give him a rose. However the Prince sneered at the gift and told her to be gone. However at that moment the beggar had changed into her true form, the beautiful enchantress.

She said to the prince, "I have seen what lies within your heart and there is nothing but coldness. Because of your selfish heart, you shall be cursed for eternity to live in the form of a monster when the sun sets each day for the rest of your life."

The young prince pleaded with her, "Please. Please have mercy on me. Forgive me."

But it was too late. However his mother had seen what had happened and came to the seen and pleaded with the enchantress. "Please my son may be cold but please do not do this."

The enchantress looked at his mother and saw only true love in her heart, for her son. But as for her son, he had no heart.

"Please have a heart.", the enchantress heard from the mother with tears in her eyes.

"I have seen your love for your child and I praise you, daughter of Elyzabethean. Your son shall remain cursed. Every day at sunset he will have to lurk in the shadows fearing the fear others will have of him when they see his truest form. However unless he can learn to love and be loved in return by his 21st birthday, the curse shall remain for eternity." The enchantress disappeared then handing them the rose saying one final thing, "This rose will begin to wilt once the time has come for you to take your curse into eternity. It's your choice after all. Find a way to love and be loved in return before the rose wilts and you shall be returned to your true being but fail and you shall remain...a beast."

The mother took her son back to the castle as it was nearing sunset and gave servants orders to send a message to her husband to come, however found that they too had a mysterious transformation and was not able to have her message delivered and thus remained in secrecy.

They kept him at sunset in the west wing where he practically went on a rampage. Everything was torn, portraits, chairs, tapestries...everything. He kept the rose here as well, as it reminded of what he must do before it wilts.

His mother died when he was 17. His mother's last words were: "Uplift the curse and love someone as you have loved me. I'll always be with you....Remember that..." and she had passed.

He was kept hidden after sunset for almost all his life as was the rest of the castle after his father's departure to England when 18 leaving him the castle and the servants. His father never knew what had happened to his son.

His features were quite peculiar. Black unruly hair that he never let the servants comb, not that it helped at all. Underneath his curls, one could see his piercing green eyes that were sure to captivate any man or woman. He remained like this most of his life. His pale complexion was replaced by the days he spent in the woods and outside.

Soon no visitors came to the castle and no one dare come near as in the night some feared of the creature lurking in the forests, the piercing green eyes of the half man, half beast.


(A/N) That is the beginning and leave a review. I'm taking this a different way so you may enjoy it.