Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Seven Magical Spheres by Classic Cowboy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Seven Magical Spheres

Classic Cowboy

C. Cowboy: This is an Alternate Universe story, which changes Harry's origin a bit. It's a cross over with Dragon Ball/ Dragon Ball Z, but you don't really have to know that much about DB or DBZ to enjoy this story because I plan to explaining and even adjusting the elements of the Dragon Ball side as we go.

Now Stand By for Harry Potter and the Seven Magic Spheres …

Hogwarts Saga Part 1: A New Beginning

Fifteen years ago…

"No!" Lily Potter yelped setting up in her bed rapidly, before covering her face with her hands sobbing.

"Are you alright, Love?" Her husband, James Potter asked with concern.

She was still deeply upset since she lost her baby in a miscarriage a month earlier, and had yet to have a good nights sleep. Both Lily and James were so excited about becoming parents, only to have it taken from them.

"It'll be ok, Lily." James said soothingly taking his wife in his arms.

Lily clung to James tight when suddenly a loud explosion sounded outside and the house rattled.

"What was that?" Lily asked fearfully.

"I don't know." James said reaching for his wand, "I'll go check it out."

"Not by yourself you are," Lily said sternly, "I'm coming with you."

James started to protest but decided against it when he saw anger flash in her eyes. "Ok, lets go."

The Potters then slowly exited the house and made their way into the forest that surrounded their home. They finally found the source of the explosion.

It was a large crater and in the center was a silver capsule with a purple window. "Alohomora." James said pointing his wand at the capsule's hatch. It slowly opened with a hiss, and when the steam let up, Lily gasped at what she saw, a sleeping baby.

"We should report this." James said looking over the strange capsule.

"No!" Lily said sternly, "If we report it then they'll take him away and do who knows what to this poor child, and also it could be a way for 'him' to find us."

"So what do you want to do, Love?" James asked.

"We'll keep him, and raise him as our own, we already have a nursery made and everything so it's perfect." She responded.

"Lily, look, the kid isn't even human!" James said looking at the baby's flicking monkey-like tail.

"With Tom, you think we're going to be able to get out any for anyone to see his tail?" Lily asked looking sadly.

"It isn't Tom anymore." James whispered looking as though in deep thought, "Ok lets get him home. What will we name him?"

"Harry." Lily said with a smile, "Harry Potter."

Over the next year, baby Harry was exceptionally strong and exceptionally easily angered. The only person who he was remotely friendly to was Lily. He easily tore the family cat apart and made James a paranoid wreck, but all and all they was a happy family.

James and Lily lived in fear with their new son, for outside their protected home an evil monster that was known as Lord Voldemort stalked those of impure blood. Lily and James were both part the Wizardry World, which was hidden from the normal or 'Muggle' world.

Voldemort main target was James, who was thought to be a descendent of Gryffindor, and the only person who could openly challenge him. James had decided it best to go into hiding to protect himself and his family.

James, Lily, and (As James playfully called him) their little destroyer, Harry lived peacefully for another year before Voldemort finally discovered their hidden home.

Lily heard the monster that was at one time her friend enter her house and heard her husband attempt to battle him but his agonizing screams announced Voldemort the winner. She held her son protectively as the monster used a spell to open the door to the nursery.

"I won't let you hurt my son!" Lily announced boldly standing between Harry and the Dark Wizard.

"I do not want to harm you, Lily." Voldemort hissed almost snake-like, "He may not be of Potter blood but I sense he will be dangerous if he is aloud to live."

"You'll have to go through me first!" Lily growled reaching for her wand.

"So be it." Voldemort whispered as he cast a spell that caused Lily to cry out in pain and fly up against the wall before becoming nothing but ash.

"Now for you, child." He said smiling at the one-year-old who was looking out the window at the night sky and it's full moon. "Say goodbye, boy." Voldemort said as he cast the same spell on the baby, sending him flying backwards behind the cradle.

"That was easy enough." Voldemort said stepping over James' dead body and out the door. The Dark Wizard who after only a few had the bravery to even speak his name stopped dead in his tracks in fear from the sound of a roar that would frighten anyone and anything. "What?" he asked slowly turning around to look in the direction of the roar. It came from the window to the nursery where none should still be alive.

"What is that the child?" he asked as the top of the home exploded knocking the cloaked wizard flat on his back. He looked up and fear filled him to his very bones. Where the house stood now only stood wreckage and something very, very frightening, a very angry, fifty foot, gorilla-like monster with glowing red eyes, dark brown fur, and on his brow was a fresh lightening bolt shaped scar.

What happened next is unknown to anyone, some say the monster destroyed Voldemort, others say he injured him so severely he could only go into hiding. All that is known is Prof. Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, arrived shortly after and found the only sign of Voldemort was a torn smoking cloak laying in a crater and Harry sleeping in the wreckage of the house, naked, and completely healthy except a strange scar on his forehead.

Prof. Dumbledore took the infant to Lily's sister, Petunia Dursley and her family, whom was all Muggles (non-magic using people)'s doorstep. When Petunia opened the door to see the baby, she shrieked happily at the cute little baby, but when she picked him up out of the basket she screamed in fear and disgust. "IT! IT HAS A TAIL!"

Vernon, her husband pulled her into a hug, "Never fear, Love, I have a small box we got Dudley's pet ferret in, we can put it in the box and mail it to your Grandfather, Gohan, I'm sure he'll take care of it in a humane way."

They two disgraceful Muggles did just that, and upon arriving at Son Gohan's small shack, the old man felt sickened by what his granddaughter and her husband has done to this child because he was different. "Hmmm what is your name, son?" he asked raising the baby in his arms, making him coo happily. "Seeing as I do not know your name, I will give you one." Gohan said with a smile, "I shall call you Goku, Son Goku, after the legendary Monkey King."

Harry grew up happily as Goku, his 'Grandpa' Gohan taught him various forms of Martial Arts, up till the time he died when Goku (Harry) was around five. Shortly there after, Goku met a girl by the name of Bulma Briefs, who he joined on a quest for seven magical spheres called Dragon Balls. The Dragon Balls have the ability, when all seven are gathered together, to summon a magical dragon, which will then grant one wish. The two traveled all over the world and met many friends, including Goku's second martial arts teacher, Master Roshi, his best friend and combat partner, Krillin, Bulma's on again off again boyfriend, Yamcha, the shape changing pig, Oolong, and many others during their two year quest. He also made a few enemies, including the Demon King, Piccolo, and the greedy and evil Red Ribbon Army.

"GIVE ME BACK MY GRANDPA'S DRAGON BALL!" Goku cried out flying overhead on his golden cloud, which on the pure of heart could ride upon, the Flying Nimbus, deep into Red Ribbon Headquarters.

"GO GET UM, GOKU!" the bald and short martial artist, Krillin cheered for his best friend as he jumped off the cloud into a window of the Red Ribbon's towering fortress.

"Please be careful, Goku!" the Teenaged Bulma prayed watching him go in.

The young martial artist fought through the guards with ease, till he made it to General Red's office. "This ends now!" Goku cried, "You're a bad man, and I'm going to stop you, once and for all!"

"Now, lets talk about it, kid," General Red stuttered back stepping.

"No, no more talk, give me my Grandpa's Dragon Ball and turn yourself in, or we fight," Goku snapped, taking a fighting stance his monkey-like tail flicking.

"Ok, ok, I give," General Red said reaching behind him at his hidden gun. He then quickly pulled it and aimed it at the startled six year old. In a flash Goku brought his foot to the General's face sending him stumbling backward, then gave him a volley of rapid punches and kicks. And in a before now untouched rage, Goku blasted him with a Ki blast, sending him flying backwards out of the window.

It took the young man a moment to realize what he's done. Then slowly and fearfully he looked down, and several stories down, he saw General Red lying lifeless on the ground, dead. "I … I killed him …" Goku was near catatonic, he has fought but never had he killed.

"You did what you had to do, son," A voice called behind him. Goku turned and saw an old man with a long white beard.

"I … killed … I don't wanna anymore … I don't wanna hurt anyone ever again …" the boy sobbed.

"Then come with me," the old man said, "I'll take you where you won't have to hurt anyone ever again. Where you'll be safe."

Goku nodded and walked toward him. "But first we must take care of something." The old man said pulling out a strange stick and waved it at him.

"What are you …" Goku asked, looking down at his now glowing tail, just before it vanished. "MY TAIL?? WHERE'D IT GO?"

"Do not be bothered by it, Mr. Potter, let me take you home," the old man said reaching out his hand to the boy.

Nine years later …

"Harry, Harry are you ok?" Ron Weasley said waving his hand before his best friend's face. "You're not thinking about … Sirius again are you?" Ron asked worriedly

"What … oh sorry, Ron," Harry said jumping up, adjusting his glasses, "No, no I'm ok, I wasn't really thinking about … that. I was just … reminiscing."

The two boys set in the back seat of Ron's parents new minivan (which was Ron's father's pride and joy) as they made their way to the train platform that would take them to Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry.

"What were you reminiscing, Harry?" Ron asked interestedly, "It must have been something wicked for you to be as dazed as you were," Ron said with a wink.

"If you only knew," Harry said barely above a whisper, "if you only knew …"

They finally arrived and along with Ron's sister Ginny they made their way with their luggage carts to the wall that would take them to Platform 9 ¾. As soon as they made it though the wall, the third of the threesome of friends ran to the two boys, "Harry, Ron, I've missed you two!" Hermione said running up and hugging the red headed Ron, then giving Harry the second kiss on the cheek she'd given him in the last four months, making the boy blush the color of Ron's hair.

"Missed you too, Mione," Harry said shyly.

"Are you ok?' Hermione asked worriedly. She knew what happened at the end of their fourth year with Cedric's death and Voldemort's revival plus his Godfather's death in the previous year had to be hard on her best friend. And she would do everything in her power to be there for him in his time of need, weather it be Deatheaters, He Who Must Not Be Named himself, or even bald midgets tackling him to the ground she'd be there for him … "BALD MIDGETS!!" Hermione cried as she looked down at the scene that took place while she was in her own little world.

Hermione looked down at the shot boy, who looked about the same age as them, only half their size, and shiny baldhead and wearing a dark suit and tie and a weird Dick Tracy hat.

"Oh Goku, I thought we'd never find you, it's so good to see you, oh Goku! Goku!" The boy cried squeezing the life out of Harry.

"It … great … to see … you too … Krillin …" Harry gasped trying to force out of the midget's embrace.

"Down, Krillin!" another voice called as an attractive blue haired American woman walked up and pulled the two boys up, then into a large hug. Which caused a ping of jealousy to rise in Hermione, "Oh Goku, You've grown up so big! Little on the thin side, but you've grown so much!" she cried tearfully.

"Don't get me wrong, mates," Harry said pulling away, "But what are you guys doing here, Bulma?"

"Oh," Bulma said blinking, "I'm here to be the new Muggle Studies professor at Hogwarts, and Krillin is here to help Master Roshi with Defense against the Dark Arts."

Harry blink then his eyes grew wide with joy, "Master's here too??"

Then as if on cue a strange (at least to Hermione) old man walked up, hobbling on a walking stick, with a bald head, and a long gray mustache and sunglasses, as well as a large purple turtle shell on his back walked up. "Well looky here! How have you been, Goku? I assume you survived the Dursleys'?"

"You're wizards and a witch?" Harry asked looking over Master Roshi, Krillin, and Bulma

"Of course we are, Goku! How else do you think we knew about the MAGIC Dragon Balls? Krillin isn't though, but Roshi here has taught him enough to get him allowed into Hogwarts," Bulma explained.

"EXCUSE US, HARRY!!!" Hermione all but screamed, making everyone around jump slightly, "but WHO exactly are THESE PEOPLE???"

"Man," Krillin gawked, looking at the steaming Hermione, "She's got a temper like Bulma, remind me not to cross her!"

"Oh, I'm sorry mates, where are my manners," Harry said his British accent returning, "Bulma, Master, Krillin, these are my best friends, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, and this is Ron's little sister, Ginny," Harry said pointing toward his friends, "Hermione, Ron, Ginny, these are my old traveling partners and friends from growing up Bulma Brief and Krillin, and this is my old martial arts sensei Master Roshi." He said pointing toward his old friends.

"Pleasure to meet you," Ron said, drooling slightly at Bulma, "May I ask a question, why are you calling Harry … Goka?"

"Goku …" Harry growled, narrowing his eyes at Ron, "The Dursleys first sent my to my grandpa Gohan without a note or anything, so he gave me another name, so for the first six years of my life I was Son Goku."

"THAT WAS YOU!!" Hermione exclaimed in shock, "I watched you in the World Martial Arts Tournament when I was little! You were the youngest fighter there, and the best."

"I didn't know you were familiar with Muggle martial arts, Harry," Ron said curiously but the whole group took a concern look when Harry's face dropped to a look of sadness.

"I'm not anymore, Ron," Harry sighed, "I'm not going to fight like that anymore."

"So you won't be taking part in our little martial arts tournament this year, then?" Roshi asked walking up grabbing everyone's attention.

"What?" Hermione asked looking up with a strange sense of excitement in her voice.

"My main point in defense of the dark arts this year will be magicless hand to hand combat," Roshi explained, "I'm going to have everyone who wants put their name in a hat, the physically fit and skilled names will be separated and from those I'll pull eight names for a small tournament."

"I don't fight anymore, Master," Harry sighed, "I'm sorry."

"It's ok, son," Roshi said, "No one will force you into it, though I'd love to see you fight one last time, you always were my top student."

"Thanks, Master," Harry said smiling, "It is great to see you again, all of you."

"Great to see you too, Goku!" Krillin said happily.

"Yeah, Go… Harry," Bulma said correcting herself, and smiling as she saw the happy look on Harry's face.

"You kids better run along, before the train leaves," Roshi said nodding toward the train, "Krillin you can rid with them if you want."

"Is that ok, Goku?" Krillin asked looking up at his long lost best friend.

"Of course, we have a lot of catching up to do!" Harry said looking to see if it was ok with his friends, who all nodded in response. The four then waved good by to Bulma and Roshi and started to climb onto the train; with one thought on Harry's mind … this is going to be a very interesting year.

To Be Continued …

C. Cowboy: Hey, this is just a fun little story. It will have more action adventure and humor then anything but will also include my trademark angst and romance. I plan on this being a fairly long story covering Harry's final two years of school and the summer after all of which in Dragon Ball-like saga. More faces from both the Harry Potter and the Dragon Ball worlds will be showing up. enjoy and don't flame, characters will be a bit off, but this is all in good fun ^_^ enjoy!