Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hermione's boggart by Mudbloodcaz
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hermione's boggart

Mudbloodcaz

"I wonder who the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is," Hermione asked Harry as they took their seats in the classroom. Harry shrugged his shoulders.
"I have no idea!"

At that moment, the door swung open and Tonks walked in lugging a trunk behind her.
"Morning, class" she panted as she dragged the trunk up to the front of the class and turned her hair a striking blue colour.
Harry shot at glace at Hermione
"I guess that means that Tonks is our new teacher!" He said with a grin
"Wicked…" Ron said who was sitting at the next table.
"At least she will be able to teach us something useful," Hermione said watching as Tonks dropped the trunk and dusted her hands. She looked across the classroom at the students gaping at her.
"As you have guessed I'm you're new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, hopefully the curse that comes with this job will bypass me. My name is Nymphadora Tonks," Tonks said with a grimace. The class laughed. "But please, just call me Professor Tonks, other wise I might just set a hippogriff on you!"
"Okay, now that's cleared out of the way I want to start the lesson straight away," Tonks turned to the trunk she had dragged in, it give a little wobble. "Inside here is a boggart. I know that you've dealt with boggarts, but I just want to give you a quick recap on how to handle them, plus it's a great way to break the ice so, I'd like you to get in a line and we shall start!"

Harry was almost doubled over with laughter, as Ron was being chased by a very large, very scary looking spider,
"Weasley, I want you for supper," its voice boomed around the classroom
"Ah!" Ron said ducking under a table.
"Ron, use Riddikulus!" Tonks yelled as the spider peered under the table Ron was hiding under.
Ron nodded and held out his wand, "Riddikulus!" The spider shot backwards, lost it legs and became a rather furry looking cushion before it flopped back into the trunk
"Good Ron, took a little too long but still good." Tonks said as Ron crawled out from under the table.
"Hermione, you're next," Tonks said. Harry watched Hermione nod and step forward as Tonks lifted opened the truck, and Harry watched in amazement as he saw himself step out of the trunk, closely followed by Cho Chang. Hermione gasped and stepped back as Harry-boggart turned to her.
"I'm sorry Hermione" it said, Cho-boggart giggled.
"Yeah Hermione we're really sorry!" It giggled before pulling boggart Harry towards her and kissing him squarely on the lips.
"Noooooo!" Hermione yelled, stumbling backwards, tears rolling down her face as she knocked into the real Harry who looked very confused. He put his hands out to stop her from falling but she pushed his hands away and ran from the classroom. Harry stood for a second watching as the boggart version of himself kissed Cho, and then he turned on his heel and raced after Hermione...