Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Subtle Art of Kissing by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Subtle Art of Kissing

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. JKR does.

A/N: Ok, here there is my first one-shot fic. I decided to reply to the "Kissing Lessons" challenge, so here I am. I hope you'll like this one. Thanks to my wonderful beta Cheryl.

The Subtle Art of Kissing

Harry was wandering in the halls of the castle, patrolling as his Head Boy status required. He and Hermione, who not surprisingly was the Head Girl, had established that they would take turns in patrolling, and as tonight was his turn, he was now heading to the Astronomy Tower, the most likely place where to find students after curfew, as it was the preferred place to snog.

Snogging…that was a thing Harry had never experienced in his life. Sure he had shared his first kiss with Cho Chang but that was in fifth year and had not been a lovely experience. He had been unable to attract any other girls so the memory of that unpleasant encounter could not easily be erased.

Just as expected he discovered someone in the Tower.

"Why can't they be a bit more original?" Harry mused to himself just before opening the door. His eyes popped out at the sight before him. He stared at the couple for a few moments, as they were too interested in each other to notice him. Then he smiled restraining a chuckle.

"Ronald Weasley, one would think that having the Heads as your best friends, you would know better than to sneak out after curfew to snog." Harry advised teasing his friend. Ron looked at him his face turning a deep shade of red while his companion, Luna Lovegood, giggled softly.

"Umm…" Ron stammered but Harry stopped him.

"Ron, don't worry. As this is one of our last nights here I won't take away any points from my house or Ravenclaw, just now. Exams are over and we are all just waiting for the Seventh Year Leaving Ball in a week. But, you have to go back to your own dorms, you know."

Ron and Luna nodded and walked away hand in hand leaving Harry alone. Harry sighed.

On his way back to the common room he shared with Hermione he still kept mulling over his almost non-existent interaction with girls. He uttered the password "Snitch and Library" with a frown on his face. Hermione noticed his sullen demeanour right away, after all she had always been there for him, always the one to calm him and support him.

She did a have a reason for her intuitiveness. Since the end of their fourth year she had been in love with him even if he never saw. Hermione had done a masterful job of keeping her feelings to herself. She asked him, "Harry, what's the matter?" looking at him over her Arithmancy book. She was studying for her last test the next day.

"Nothing," he replied. He didn't want to make a fool of himself in front of her by discussing such silly things. He especially didn't want to burden her if she was studying for an exam.

"Liar. I know something is bugging you. You can't hide it from me." she chided but with a softness in her voice. "Come here and talk to me," she ordered patting the spot next on the couch to her.

Harry sighed again and sat near her. He hadn't failed to notice that Hermione had grown to be a very good-looking young woman, but he had always dismissed those thoughts. She was his best friend and he was not supposed to think about her that way.

"See, its embarrassing really…almost silly. Anyway, you know that we are nearly finished with Hogwarts…forever. We are of age and still I have very little experience with girls. I mean, I did have that thing with Cho…but I would hardly call that gaining experience…especially that kiss. I don't know, maybe I am a really bad kisser…I mean, I don't know what a girl desires in a kiss…how to do it to please her…"

Hermione looked at him, smiling. "You know, Harry, maybe you should have tried to date someone these last two years. Surely, some girl would have said you that you're a good kisser. However, if you're so worried about it, tomorrow after my exam we can go to the Room of Requirements and maybe I can give you some pointers on that subject. Mind you, I'm no so expert myself, besides girls have different tastes, but still, if you want, I'll be glad to help."

Harry looked up at her surprised. He gazed into her deep brown eyes and smiled. He hugged her tightly murmuring in her ear. "That's my Mione, always looking at things from a logical point of view." Then he released her and again gazed upon her smiling.

"Well, it's settled then. I'll meet you tomorrow in the Room of Requirement after your exam. Now I'm off to bed. I'm knackered. I'll leave you to continue your studying." Harry added standing up. He moved toward his bedroom then he hesitated. He returned to the couch and kissed Hermione softly on the cheek, just near her lips. "Thanks. Good night Mione." he whispered.

Hermione smiled at him. "Anytime, Harry. Good night" she responded. When he was in his room, she touched the spot where he kissed her grinning.

***

The next day, Harry was relaxing on the grounds with Ron. They were chatting about Quidditch, and Ron was talking non-stop about the Cannons. Harry was listening, when suddenly he checked the time, remembering he had to meet Hermione for their "kissing lesson." He realised he only had a few minutes to get there, he abruptly stood up and ran toward the castle. Ron called him, but Harry did not reply. Fortunately Luna distracted the redhead enough to prevent him from pursuing Harry.

When Harry reached the corridor of the seventh floor, he paced in front of the familiar tapestry three times thinking about the kind of room he needed. Finally, the door appeared and just in that moment Hermione arrived.

"Hi. How was the exam?" Harry asked.

"Not too bad, I think I did okay. I see you already thought up a room. Are you ready to learn the `subtle art of kissing'?" she intimated winking at him.

Harry nodded then opened the door. A very romantic candle lit setting with fluffy couches greeted the two of them. Hermione looked at Harry impressed. "Harry…what were you thinking?"

"I…I just thought about a room …a good place to…kiss you. I thought if I had to learn…" he answered clearly flustered and surprised at himself as to what the Room proposed.

Hermione giggled, then took his hand and led him in. "I think it's very nice." she complimented.

"I like it too." Harry sighed in relief.

They settled on the couch then Hermione started speaking. "First of all, you have to be sure the girl wants to be kissed. So don't do it if she doesn't seem interested."

Harry nodded, that was something he could easily understand and remember.

"Then, you should move slowly closer to her, that is if it's a first kiss, to make it sweet." she continued.

Harry moved closer to her, so close their legs were now brushing against each other. "Like this?" he asked.

"Yes, like that." she replied enjoying the closeness. "Next you should to inch your face slowly towards her. Don't forget to turn your head slightly to avoiding bumping noses. That would be bad. If you want, you can cup her face in your hands."

Harry started to move his face toward Hermione. He was looking directly in her eyes unable to look away. For the first time he saw something different in her eyes. He tentatively moved his hands to cup her face and found her cheeks very soft, like silk.

Hermione's breath quickened. Here she was with her best friend, the man she loved, only few inches from kissing her.

"N-now you should b-brush your lips softly against hers. Then gauging how she responds you could deepen the kiss. If she doesn't pull away, you could then run your tongue along her lip and if she opens to that invitation…she's yours…" Hermione advised her voice cracking.

Harry watched her lips move as they gave direction, they seemed so soft, so delicate…so Hermione-ish…he was drawn to them, he was mesmerized by those full lips. He closed the gap between them sweetly touching his lips to hers. He was surprised by her response and deepened the kiss as instructed. Summoning courage, he ran his tongue along her lower lip and she eagerly opened her mouth, caressing her tongue with his.

Harry felt like a ton of fireworks had exploded in him and the realisation hit him hard. The girl he was searching for had been right in front of him. He pushed her onto her back his tongue entering her mouth now more ardently, duelling with hers. Hermione let a moan escape her throat then put her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. She attacked his mouth again and again with her tongue.

After a while, they parted for lack of air.

"See, I knew you be a great kisser," said a breathless and smiling Hermione.

"Mmmh…I still think I need a lot more practice." he said winking at her and kissing her again. She smiled against his lips eagerly succumbing to his desires. After all, they were her desires too. She had spent many nights dreaming about the very thing she was now doing, kissing Harry. Now, here he was, it started off as a lesson, but now he wanted to kiss her…

After a great deal of heated snogging, they rested on the fluffy couch, in the candle-lit room, snuggling. Her head rested on his chest while he gently stroked her hair.

"I have only one regret," Harry suddenly said breaking the comfortable silence.

"And what would that be?" Hermione asked, looking up at him lovingly.

He kissed her softly and pulled her closer. "Not realising that you were the girl for me before now. I could have been your first kiss. By the way, who was the lucky man? Krum?"

Hermione giggled. "No, it wasn't Viktor."

"What do you mean? Did you date anyone else? Someone you didn't tell me about?" Harry asked with a pang of jealously.

"Well, it happened before I came to Hogwarts. It happened on my tenth birthday." she replied.

"At ten, you kissed a boy. Okay, what happened to the real Hermione and what have you done with her?" Harry asked amused.

Hermione laughed. "Well, I didn't really mean to kiss him. I didn't even like him, actually."

"Did he force himself on you?" Harry asked suddenly angry with the boy.

"Well, not really, but he had been a bit tricky. I was thanking him for the gift he gave me, I was going to kiss him on the cheek, and then at the last moment he turned his head. I ended up kissing him on the lips. I was so shocked that I stayed there some moments and he pressed his lips on mine a bit harder running his tongue along mine. I wonder where he learned that, at such an early age?" she explained with a half-smile. "Nothing compares to your kisses, though," she added before kissing him again.

They stayed that way a bit longer then Harry noticed it was time to head to dinner.

They stood up, and Harry took her hand in his. Just before exiting the room, though, he pinned her against the wall kissing her passionately once again. She moaned in his mouth.

Eventually, they reached the doors of the Great Hall. As Hermione was about to push open the door, Harry stopped her. "Hermione…will you go to the Seventh Year Leaving Ball with me?" he asked.

"I would be delighted to do so." she replied standing on tip toe to kiss him one last time before entering the Great Hall her hand back in his own.

Harry beamed. The "subtle art of kissing" surely held a great interest for him now.

wvWare Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.0.0

-->