Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Accursed by Anasazi
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Accursed

Anasazi

The Accursed

(Du Riechst So Gut)

Category: Supernatural/Romance/Alternate Universe

Archive: Ask and it shall be granted.

Feedback: Yes, please. Thanks in advance.

Pairings: H/Hr - J/L - R/L - D/G - F/A - N/L - S/N

Rating: R (violent images and adult situations)

Disclaimers: Harry Potter and his world belong to the magnificent J.K. Rowling. No infringement on any copyright is intended and no profit is being made.

Summary:

In a time where creatures of the night ruled the world, a being with the power to bring forth Armageddon is born. In this world of darkness, star-crossed lovers are thrown into a web of evil, where the outcome is decided by the choices we make… and the choices that were made for us.

A/N: Well, this is an old story of mine that I decided to take up again. It's extremely AU, and it will possibly have a sequel (your choice). Inspired by Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Reckoning, Anne Rice and Laurel K. Hamilton novels… but most importantly, by a song from the German band Rammstein called Du Riechst So Gut (literal translation: You Smell So Good).

There are a couple of things you should know before reading it:

  1. Garou: werewolf
  2. Five forms of the Garou:
    1. Homid (Human),
    2. Glabro(Taller, leaner human with sliglty pointed ears and slitted eyes. This is the form in which the Garou are more beautiful),
    3. Crinos (50% human/50% wolf - Garou stand about 8 feet tall in this form),
    4. Hispo (a large wolf)
    5. Lupus (wolf).
  3. Werewolves are born (from two Garou parents) or made (bite in the full moon).
  4. Vampires (Kindred) can't procreate. Vampires are made when an elder vampire drains the blood of a human. When the human is about to die, the vampire replaces the lost blood with his own. This is usually referred to as The Embrace or The Dark Kiss.
  5. Bloodbound: when a human or a vampire drinks blood from another more than three times, it is said they share a bloodbond; they cannot do anything against that vampire and do their will even when they do not wish it.
  6. Ghoul: a human that drinks vampire blood. This human becomes a servant to the vampire. He lives much, much longer than normal humans and gains part of his Masters abilities.
  7. This story takes place around medieval times.

And without further adieu…

---------------------------

Chapter 1: The Prophecy

This word is not your world… although it is close enough for fearsome discomfort.

Rather, the world inhabited by vampires, werewolves and other creatures of the night is like yours… but through a dark looking glass.

Evil is palpable and ubiquitous in this world.

The final nights are upon us, and the whole planet teeters on a razor's edge of tension, awaiting the outcome of the ultimate battle between Good and Evil.

It is a world of darkness.

-------------------------

In a dark room of a high tower of a castle overlooking the mountains of Caledonia, an old man woke up with a strangled gasp. His thin body was covered with cold sweat, and his breath came out ragged as he sat up in bed.

"Albus, what is it?" his wife asked from the other side of the bed, reaching out and placing her hand on his arm lovingly.

Albus took a deep breath and thought about telling her what Gaia had just revealed to him in his dream. But he found he could not. It would be a shame to worry his beloved wife over something she will not be alive to witness.

He also knew he wouldn't be alive to see it. And yet, it was his responsibility to warn those who were willing to listen. A battle was approaching in the horizon, and the outcome of the battle will determine the fate of the world he had swore to protect.

"I'm fine, Minerva. Go back to sleep," Albus said softly, patting his wife's hand tenderly. The next moment, he eased out from under the covers and stood up.

"Where are you going?" Minerva asked sleepily as she watched her husband by the moonlight that shone through their window.

"Just for a glass of water. I'm thirsty," Albus answered, grabbing an old pair of round spectacles from the nearby table. He bent down and kissed his wife's forehead before turning around and walking out of the room.

The moment the darkness of the stairs surrounded him, he whispered, "Lumos", and a glowing golden sphere hovered over his hand. He walked slowly down the heavy stone steps, thinking of what he had just seen and wondering what the final outcome was going to be.

The end will not be determined by destiny… it will be determined by choice.

And the creatures of Earth had quite a history of making the wrong choice.

Albus reached the bottom of the stairs and walked down the hallway until he reached the door to the north tower. He opened it silently and stepped inside, sealing the door with a spell behind him. He willed his old body to walk up the stone steps to his private study.

"Alohamora," he whispered when he reached the door at the top of the stairs. The door opened slowly, the creaking of the wood followed by his echoing steps on the stone floor as he stepped inside. He closed the door behind him with the word, "Colloportus," and walked toward the desk in the corner.

The room had a high ceiling, enchanted so it could reflect the sky outside. It was a beautiful night, full of stars and with a bright full moon hanging low in the sky. Albus sighed; there may come a time when the sky will be seen no more.

He whispered "Nox", and the glowing sphere in his hand disappeared. With a wave of his hand, the single candle on the desk was lighted, bathing the room in a comfortable golden glow. It was full to the brim with dusty leather bound books, maps, and yellow parchments of all shapes and sizes.

This room was Albus' inner sanctuary, the only place he felt comfortable with practicing and indulging in his unique abilities.

He gathered his robes around his body and sat in front of his slightly askew desk. He opened his inkbottle and grabbed his favorite quill, the one that was shed by his beloved phoenix. He smoothed the yellow parchment in front of him, and dipped the quill on the ink. With a graceful wave of his elderly fingers, he started writing.

"I have seen a beautiful girl…
a girl with a ghastly curse.

A rose in her hand
will determine her fate."

He dipped the quill on the bottle one more time before he continued.

"Her life will be filled
with sorrow and pain,
for she is the only one
that can bring forth
the Forbidden Race."

He pondered for a moment just how much he could reveal. Stroking the quill against the parchment, he wrote his next words.

"And on her Sixteen Day
she will be taken away.
Her life will be forgotten;
her hopes will be gone."

"And on her Twenty Two Day,

She will be awakened
in body, mind and soul
for the Dark Prince shall make her a Queen."

Albus took a deep breath and pondered how to continue.

"What happens then is not clear to me.
Two windings roads stand in front of her.
The Father of her Children
will determine the fortune of the world."


"One is darkness; the other is light."

"In Five Hundred Years,
the accursed one will be revealed."


"May Gaia protect us from ourselves," he whispered.

"Two Princes; One Queen."


"The fate of the world lies
in the womb of an accursed girl."

With a poignant sigh, he signed the parchment.

"Albus Dumbledore, 1030 A.D."

"Fawkes," he whispered to the night, rolling the parchment and sealing it with a spell. Moments later, a beautiful bird the color of gold and crimson came through the open window and glided toward the desk, settling next to the old man.

Albus stood up and smiled down at his beloved pet, caressing the plumage tenderly in greeting. He then attached the rolled parchment to his leg with a tiny leather cord.

"Fawkes, I need you to take this to the Monastery in the Mountains of Zu. It is very important. Can you do it, old friend?" Albus asked softly, scratching the spot under Fawkes' beak.

The bird nodded, nipping Albus' finger affectionately as it beat its wings, hovering over him for a few moments before it flew back into the night.

Albus looked down at the desk and picked the single golden feather the bird had left behind.

"The fate of the world lies in the womb of an accursed girl," he mumbled as he watched the light of the candle flicker, and with a gust of sudden wind, finally die down.

In 500 hundred years, the girl will be born.

And the ultimate battle between Good and Evil will begin.

------------------

So, what do you think? Like? Don't like? Should I continue? Let me know!

Peace,

Anasazi