Unofficial Portkey Archive

Freed by Phantom Keeper
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Freed

Phantom Keeper

My Happy Ending

\\ //

Harry/Ginny/Draco triangle - Ginny's sick of Harry's idea that just because he defeated Voldemort, that it's okay for him to cheat on her

Warning: Portrays Harry as a sleaze, Hermione as a slut, Ron as a follower (sticks with popularity over family), and Ginny as a timid-turned-strong young woman

\\ //

"Hey Ginny!" People chorused as the redhead walked through the halls. Ginny Weasley was the second most popular girl in school, Hermione Granger being first, because she was dating "The Boy Who Lived" Harry Potter.

A lot had changed since Ginny's fourth year. She was dating Harry, Hermione opened her legs to any guy willing, except Draco Malfoy who she said she'd never touch even though the truth was he was disgusted by her, Ron was dating Luna Lovegood, and the war had ground to a halt in the blink of an eye when Harry killed Voldemort. Many of the Death Eaters collapsed to the ground in dazes, asking where they were and what had happened, playing on the Imperious curse. Many others continued to fight, trying to exact revenge for their permanently fallen master, even though it was hopeless. Albus Dumbledore had retired to the country to live out his last years; Minerva McGonagall had been made Headmistress, Severus Snape her right hand (Which had surprised many). Nymphadora Tonks broke the curse of the Defense Against the Dark Arts job having been the Professor two years running (Ginny's 5th and 6th). Slytherin wasn't so menacing or angry anymore towards Gryffindor's, knowing they held no real power anymore, and Draco Malfoy… Draco Malfoy wasn't the same since his father murdered his mother before the war started. He walked by wordlessly in the halls, never acknowledging anyone else, just walking with his head down, usually reading. When she'd walk by, every once and awhile, he'd look up and stare at her for a moment. Ginny suspected it had to do with how she'd told him she was genuinely sorry about his mother.

"Gin!" A voice called in the hallway, then feet running over, "Ginny."

"Hey Hannah." Ginny said as Hannah Abbott ran up to her.

"Gin, I'm so sorry about you and Harry."

Ginny looked at her curiously, "What are you talking about?"

"Rebecca Taylor told Pansy Parkinson who told Blaise Zabini who told his boyfriend Colin Creevey who told me that Rebecca had seen Harry down at the lake with Hermione. I'm really sorry."

"We didn't break up, Hannah." Ginny said, and Hannah looked taken aback before looking sympathetic.

Ginny half sighed, half growled, and then stomped towards the exit to the grounds. As she walked across the grounds, she dropped her bag, then her books, and then she peeled off her robe due to the hot temperature, or maybe just her anger.

"Ginny, think of what you're doing." Colin shouted, as he ran across the grounds, Blaise behind him, as well as the several people sensing the showdown about to start.

"I know exactly what I'm doing Colin. I'm sick and friggen tired of his cheating. This is the ninth time."

"Well, that's not bad. You've been dating for a year and a half."

"Ninth time this month." Ginny explained as she neared the willow where she could make out two pairs of feet. She calmed slightly, and stopped to stand over them, her hands on her hips, "Hey honey, having a good time?"

The couple jumped apart and started stuttering, "Gin, baby. What're you doing here?"

"Funny, I was about to ask you the same thing. I thought you were helping Professor Tonks with something."

"I… I was… love potion. It's working."

"What does a love potion have to do with Defense Against the Dark Arts?" Ginny asked, her head cocked to the side, brow furrowed.

"Well… uh, Professor Tonks is uh… trying to get it made illegal."

"Really?" Ginny inquired, "Because I remember Professor Tonks saying how a love potion has helped the Ministry of Magic and Auror's gather information in past cases." Ginny pretended to look confused, "That's odd. I'll have to ask her about that." Ginny said, and turned to make an exit knowing full well Harry would stop her if he were lying.

Harry stood and held his hand up to stop her, "Wait, don't! I uh… I mean, Professor Tonks was hoping to uh… uhm… keep this private! She doesn't want the Minister of Magic getting wind of it before she has proof."

Ginny turned to him, "Face it Harry." She said angrily, "You're busted. It's over."

"It is!" Harry said, grabbing Ginny's cheeks, "I'm never gonna see Hermione again."

"Whatever. We're over." Ginny told him, turning to walk away, "Stop me." She pleaded with him in her head.

"Whatever bitch! You've always been so ungrateful! I gave you popularity, I gave you power, I gave you strength, I gave you safety! This is how you thank me? By tossing it back in my face?"

"You gave me that? Yeah Harry, that's exactly what I wanted from you! The popularity, the strength, the power." Ginny said sarcastically, turning to look at Harry through a menacing glare, "Well, here's the strength and power you gave me." Ginny said, threw her fist back, and let it go. Like a slingshot, it came around and punched Harry square in the jaw, throwing him backward into the lake, "As for the popularity, take it and shove it." Ginny turned, and the crowd that had gathered parted. She reached up to her neck and yanked off the necklace Harry had given her proclaiming her as his. She felt like a weight was lifted off her as she walked away.

Harry's friends, most of the Quidditch team, helped Harry up and started to make sure their hero was all right.

"Ginny Weasley!" Ron shouted, "Get back here right now and apologize to Harry, or I'm telling Mum."

Ginny put her hand in the air and twirled her index finger around saying, 'woo-hoo' sarcastically, not bothering to stop or turn to look at her brother, who once again sided with his friend over his sister.

"Ginny!"

"Go away Luna. Go side with your boyfriend." Ginny callously said to her, and she uses the term loosely, "brother's" girlfriend.

"No. I won't. Not over this." Luna said, running to catch up to the angry spitfire.

"Why? You always side with Ron, who always sides with Harry. Why should this be any different?"

"Because I think that it's about time you smacked that bastard right across the face! But I'm even more thrilled that you punched that git in his cheating, lying, disgusting mug!" Luna exclaimed so vehemently that is stopped Ginny in her tracks.

"Luna!" Ginny exclaimed in surprise, "Well, I see I'm not the only one full of surprises today." She said with an approving smile, crossing her arms over her chest as she did so.

"Yeah, well after the Department of Mysteries and Voldemort's defeat, Harry hasn't been like the Harry I met, and miss, in our fourth year."

Ginny was only half-listening to Luna, who was now listening to Harry go on about how an evil Slytherin surprised him with a punching curse. Of course, her was telling a group of girls who hadn't seen Ginny punch him. Ginny was watching a lone figure by the forest. He looked to her and smirked, before walking into the forest itself.

"Lun, I'll be back in a little while, bye." Ginny told her distractedly, before taking off toward the forest to follow the pale haired young man. She jogged across the grounds, pausing briefly at the edge of the menacing line of trees. She took a deep breath and entered. She followed the fresh footprints. It was several minutes before Ginny made it to a clearing where he just stood, his back to her, seemingly unaware of her presence.

"That blasted Hippogriff attacked me here in my third year."

"Yeah, I know. I laughed my arse off for a few days." Ginny cleared her throat, "Sorry."

His mouths' corner lifted up, "It's okay."

"No, it's not. It was evil of me to laugh at you quote unquote pain. You wouldn't… actually your would and have."

Draco hung his head, "That's in the past. I wouldn't do that now."

"I know." Ginny said, walking forward. She tucked hair behind her ear as the wind picked up, "Ya know, I like you loose… your hair I mean!"

"I like your right-hook." He responded with his infamous smirk.

She blushed, ducking her head to hide it, and smiled softly, "You saw that."

"About time someone gave him his due. He's been in serious need of a reality check."

"Meaning?" Ginny inquired, looking into Draco's eyes.

"That the dumb-arse needed to realize that sleeping with half the female population, while you have a wonderful girl waiting for you in the Common Room, isn't the way to treat her." Draco said, staring into her eyes when he called her wonderful.

"Thank you." Ginny said softly through astonishment.

"Yeah, well, I meant every word." He emphasized to let her know that he really thought she was wonderful.

In a spur of the moment thing, Ginny reached up on her tiptoes and softly planted her lips against Draco's. He didn't respond immediately, but when he did, he roughly pulled Ginny against him, forcing her nearly off the ground. As his tongue found entrance to her mouth, her arms snuck around his neck, her right arm coming up so her hand splayed across his soft tresses. His arms loosened from around her waist and she slowly sunk down his body until her feet were planted on soil and leaves. The height distance broke their lips from the others, but their contact never broke. His arms still around her waist, hers still around his neck, foreheads pressed together.

"Either you reacted or you didn't mind that. Either way, no regrets from me." Ginny panted, trying to catch her breath.

"That was unexpected. I expected you to try and make a joke of it, or just plain laugh… but that, that was…" He paused, pulling away to look at her.

"An award winning performance. I've been kissed, but Merlin that was awesome, if I do say so myself." Ginny supplied for Draco, finishing with a cocky headshake.

"Question us, what now? Ignore each other from now on or put an end to the Weasley-Malfoy feud?"

"One vote for the latter." Ginny said, smiling as she held up one hand, removing her right one from the back of his head.

"Well majority is what matters." Draco informed her, "So it's a good thing I agree."

Ginny smiled and kissed him quickly, "Yay!"

Draco smiled softly and brushed his knuckles across her cheek, "I've wanted to kiss you for a long time." He admitted softly.

"Since that night in the Astronomy Tower after news of your Mum's death?" She asked, her voice and his face saddening at the mention of his mother.

"Actually, since before that. Remember that night in Umbridge's office? The moment I recovered from that Bat Bogey hex, I thought two things, 'I have to get that wench back for this!' and 'If she's that fiery when she's angry, I wonder what she's like in bed.'"

"Play your cards right Mister Malfoy and maybe you'll find out." Ginny teased, leaning forward to kiss her once enemy, now beau.

\\ //

The next day, word of what really happened by the lake was circulating around the school like a wildfire. The ones with half a brain and not gaga over Harry believed it, some believed Ginny's bruised knuckles, but a lot believed the glowing young woman as she walked around school, bag swaying under her left arm, right arm wrapped around her boyfriend's waist, Draco's arm around her neck. As Ginny and Draco passed the open field for Quidditch, as they headed toward the lake, Ginny caught sight of Gryffindor's team just finishing practice, and Harry and Ron landing. She raised her left hand and wiggled her fingers at them in a wave, smirking when their mouth's dropped open. With a content sigh, she looked forward as Draco led her away.

\\ //

Ok, I'm done! This originally started out as a Songfic to Avril Lavigne's song My Happy Ending but that changed when the lyrics didn't really go with the fluffy ending. Hope you like it, and review.

//Ashley\\