Unofficial Portkey Archive

Sleeping Beauty by Jakia
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Sleeping Beauty

Jakia

A/N: Another one some of you might find familiar from the cookie jar. I've put it up here so everyone else can enjoy it.

Sleeping Beauty

Jakia

"No."

"Ron..."

"No bloody way."

"But Ron..."

"You do it, Harry!"

"But!"

"But you have more er, experience, in this department. 'Sides, it's the only way she'll wake up."

"Oh..." Harry's face turned bright, bright red. He blinked once, then twice. He breathed deeply, heavily, trying to strike up all of his nerve...

"Well, she's not going to kiss herself, you know!" Ron shouted, looking at Harry expectantly. Harry trembled.

"Are you sure there is absolutely no other way to break the spell?" He said, turning around, looking at the fairies who were giggling to themselves.

"Look, Harry, I already told you! That's what the book said!" Ron said, holding up the book so that Harry could see it. Harry looked closer, and saw that Ron was indeed correct-the only way to break the spell was a kiss.

Harry shivered. The fairies in the background were becoming atrocious with all their giggling. Harry had half a mind to just hex them into next Tuesday, if he wasn't so bloody nervous.

Alright. Courage, Harry. You've faced dragons and Death Eaters, surely a kiss with Hermione isn't going to kill you... Oh but that's where your wrong, Harry instantly told himself. Kissing Hermione meant crossing the line between friendship and that other word Harry preferred not to use, and Harry wasn't ready to cross that line thank you very much! Even if it was to save her life.

Harry blinked. How was it they had gotten in this situation again? Oh yes, Hagrid. Hagrid decided that they should be studying those bloody Nymphs! And when the Nymphs began to sing, it put Hermione in what, according to the Monster Book of Monsters, "An Enchanted Sleep, much like the kind used in fairy tales such as Sleeping Beauty. The Nymphs' song only effects woman, particularly young women, and can only be taken off by a kiss." Harry just hoped the others in their Advance Care of Magical Creatures Class would have to go through the same thing.

Breath in, breath out. Harry told himself. You can do this. You are the man.

Slowly, Harry bent over Hermione's sleeping form. Gently, very gently, he pressed his lips to Hermione's, but he jumped back so suddenly it was as though he hadn't done a thing. Ron giggled. Harry groaned.

"Well? Why isn't she waking up?"

Ron shrugged. "I dunno, mate. Maybe you have to, you know, really kiss her." Harry gulped.

"You mean-with my-" Ron nodded. Harry gulped. Louder.

But what Harry nor Ron realized was that the tiny little kiss had worked on Hermione, it just took a minute or two to start working. Luckily for us, all it took was a minute or two for Harry to gather back his courage to kiss her-really kiss her.

Hermione woke up with the feeling of Harry's tongue in her throat. This is nice. She thought quietly to herself, wondering whatever could have brought this on.

Unfortunately for her and for us, Harry realized that she was awake, and jumped back. "I-er, I mean, I was just..."

"Kissing me?" Hermione said, sitting up. By this time, Ron was rolling on the floor laughing. Harry's face was as red as Ron's hair.

"I, uh, I can explain..."

"No need. It was nice." She said. Ron laughed louder. Harry's face turned, if possible, redder.

"Though I believe I stand correct, Mr. Potter." She said, whispering seductively in his ear. "You are a good kisser."