Unofficial Portkey Archive

My Happy Ending by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

My Happy Ending

Hermione Potter

Disclaimer: The characters of this song-fic belong to J.K. Rowling. The only character I own is Chelsea Creevey.

My Happy Ending

By Hermione Potter

There he was. Walking down the streets with Cho Chang. I couldn't believe he had given her another chance. And yet, I was so close, yet so far. I, Hermione Jane Granger, was in love with Harry Potter. I wanted to rip her long shiny hair off her head. I wanted to shred her eyes out. I wanted to be with Harry. Why couldn't I be happy?

So much for my happy ending
Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh...

Let's talk this over
It's not like we're dead
Was it something I did?
Was it something You said?
Don't leave me hanging
In a city so dead
Held up so high
On such a breakable thread

You were all the things I thought I knew
And I thought we could be

I walked through past the stores of Hogsmeade aimlessly with Ron. He knew of my feelings for Harry. But I wanted him to be happy. And if he was happy, then I was too. Well not in this case. Harry and I had gone out before, but he had broken it off with me. I don't know why though. We had went out for a few weeks and everything was great. I know that Cho was his real first love, but I guess I couldn't compete with her. I think my pillow was soaking wet when I washed it.

[Chorus:]
You were everything, everything that I wanted
We were meant to be, supposed to be, but we lost it
And all of the memories, so close to me, just fade away
All this time you were pretending
So much for my happy ending
Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh...

"Chin up Herms. He'll know sooner or later that he gave up a great girl," Ron said softly into the chilling air. I nodded numbly as I watched him and Cho in the Three Broomsticks sharing a butterbeer. I felt the tears start to well up in my eyes. I hated Harry at that moment. Harry never really hung out with me and Ron anymore. I guess he was too busy with Cho to bother with his friends.

I wish he had never broken up with me. It had been a week since and he didn't seem phased at all. Not as much as I was. Chelsea Creevey, Colin's older sister, was one of my best friends now. (A/N: No, she is not like Colin at all!) I didn't think anyone could really be hurt as I was. Through our relationship I got so insecure. He didn't notice though. He said that he cared a lot about me, but I knew he still cared about Cho. Much more than me. It hurt like a thousand knives sticking in you forever as bloody leaks from your body onto the ground.

Chelsea said I didn't need Harry. But that was untrue. I needed him so much. He was my rock as I was his. Chelsea wrote a letter to Harry, saying that he had three weeks to get me back or else she would erase her from his life forever. He never did anything to try and get me back. It was like I never even had a part of his life before. Maybe I was blind all along.

You've got your dumb friends
I know what they say
They tell you I'm difficult
But so are they
But they don't know me
Do they even know you?
All the things you hide from me
All the shit that you do

You were all the things I thought I knew
And I thought we could be

I probably was blind all this time. Maybe it was just some dream or fantasy I knew was never going to come true. Ron was at my side, even though Luna was his girlfriend. She understood that Harry was the most important person to me and that I needed a friend to comfort me. At times I wish I had what Luna and Ron had, but with Harry. I needed to accept the fact that maybe, just maybe, I was wrong. About his feelings toward me. About everything.

[Chorus]

It's nice to know that you were there
Thanks for acting like you cared
And making me feel like I was the only one
It's nice to know we had it all
Thanks for watching as I fall
And letting me know we were done

[Chorus x2]

I had a feeling he just acted like he cared. Like he really did care that it did convince me. He told me he loved me all the time. But I know he didn't mean it. I didn't want it to be what I thought. I didn't want it to be all a lie and cover-up, but it was.

I glanced up into the Three Broomsticks and locked eyes with Harry. I looked away, remembering his warm green eyes. As I looked back up, he gave me a soft smile. A smile I always saw when he was with Cho. And I know that smile would never be for me ever again. I smiled back sadly and walked away from the Three Broomsticks and never looked back. This was my happy ending. But not the way I thought it would be.

[x2]
Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh...
So much for my happy ending

Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh...

A/N: Hi guys. I actually wrote a REAL song-fic. I mean wow! Did I do well? Let me know in your reviews! I wrote this fic on Friday, July 23, 2004 at 11: 14 AM. I was completely down that I cried for a while and isn't it crazy when the weather fits your mood. When I started to cry, it started raining. This fic was unbearable to read. But I needed to write a fic to let out my feelings. Please be nice and don't flame! Thanks!