Unofficial Portkey Archive

Nervous by LaydeLyra
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Nervous

LaydeLyra

A/N: Okay, I know I should work on my regular story (and I promise to get back to it as soon as work calms down a bit) but this little bunny was solidly stuck in my head all day! So, just had to get it out. Hope you all enjoy!

Nervous

Summary: It all started fairly innocently, Draco and Ginny were paired as partners and then came the challenge. Then came the odd friendship, then something more… the challenge; the connection; the ending.

It was Snape's fault it all began anyway. He just had to partner us up. Draco as a tutor! How is that fair! I'm not even really all that bad, I don't know why I agreed to it… though that bit was probably Hermione's fault. But Malfoy was the one who had thrown the gauntlet, so to speak.

"What's the matter, Weaslette? Nervous?" I ignored him the first time, but that was just the beginning of it.

It was almost two weeks later that he flinched when I reached across him to pick up the flobberworms; I couldn't help it. I was still leaning across him when I smirked at him, "What's the matter, Malfoy? Nervous?" Things progressed from there.

He would stalk me in the halls and ask, then I'd pull my wand and ask him. A brush on my back with the question; I pressed against him just a little and asked back. It went further when we were in the library. I was studying, he was late, then there was the feeling of someone right behind me and his breath soft against my ear, "Nervous?" I didn't think I could do anything, but then I leaned back a little, into the comfortable opening created when he had put his hands on either side of me. It was our first full contact, and for some reason I didn't even have the breath to ask him the question. We were only there for a second until we both moved apart as if we had been burned.

With the game, and the challenge, we found ourselves in a strange sort of friendship. We would sit together for a fair amount of time and study quietly before he would remember to ask, or I would, always with an almost absent-minded touch. But it never really made us nervous. I don't think that was the right question to ask.

He forgot to ask that night, that's why he had darted after me, grabbed my arm and pulled me to him in the doorway. It was ritual, it couldn't be left out. His voice hitched as he asked, "Nervous?" I moved closer to him, "Nervous?" We stayed like that for a moment before he answered. "No," he responded forcefully just before his mouth came slamming down to cover mine.

I held onto him then as if my life depended on it. This was something I knew now that I had wanted, but been too prideful to ask for. In the same way, even though he had too much pride to ask permission, I had given it to him anyway. It wasn't until he pulled away I realized that now was the time to be nervous… this time, I bolted.

He sent me an owl that night. We planned to meet and work this out in the Astronomy Tower the next night. I was looking out the window, wondering what to say or think when he got there, when his strong arms wrapped around my waist, and his whispered breath asked the usual question, "Nervous?"

"Not now that you're here." It was my own unusual answer that fixed it. We were a couple after that, it wasn't so hard as I thought it would be, we just didn't tell many people. Harry and Hermione knew, and after much wheedling, I managed to convince them that I could take care of myself and could they please help me a bit with the "Ron Issue". Collin and Luna took it alright, they remembered the fact that I'd already hexed the git and it really wouldn't be that much of a problem to do it again. Plus, I think Luna saw something else in him. I don't know which friends he told, or what he told him, but I seemed hassled a lot less by at least a few of the Slytherins.

We were dating for almost 4 months (I couldn't believe he had waited that long, from the stories I had heard) when I went to his room. Most of the school was gone on Christmas Holiday. When he got back from his rounds, I was already on his bed, trying very hard not to be overwhelmed. I was in a pretty nighty I had purchased in Hogsmeade, and all I knew was that I didn't want to feel second-hand for my first time.

I didn't feel like anything but the best when I heard him gasp in the doorway upon his entrance into the room. I tried to be seductive when I turned around and looked at him through my lashes, leaning a bit against the bed. "Nervous?" It was significantly less seductive when my voice caught at the sight of him looking at me.

My breath caught again when he crossed the room to me quickly and put his hands on my hips. I gripped the collar of his shirt as he looked at me and began to lean down for a kiss. I think he noticed the strength of my grip, because he pulled back to look down into my eyes. "Are you nervous, Gin?" He didn't mean it as part of our game, he sounded concerned, but I giggled anyway and he let out a sheepish smile that I felt honored to get to see. I nodded and leaned up to kiss him anyway. He knew I was a virgin, and he didn't want to push me, I knew. That's why I was the one starting this tonight.

The kiss was soft and sensual at first, I was shy even starting with a gentle kiss on the lips, but it quickly fired into the passionate kisses we knew from past experience. When his hands moved again to grasp my hips, I know I stiffened, but then he began running his thumbs in slow circles along the hip and I quickly melted again. This was not a man I could deny; this was not a man I wanted to deny.

As the fire of our kiss and his light touch over my hips began to send fire to my core, he was moving me back onto the bed, lowering me carefully without breaking our kiss until I lay across his bed completely. He then pulled back and looked at me again, the look itself was enough to make me want him more than anything. I watched his hands as they began to creep up my thighs, lifting the creamy fabric of my nightgown up over my knickers, beyond my stomach, my breasts, and finally over my head, leaving me dressed in only my knickers.

Once my only real covering was off, I lay motionless on the bed, unable to fight the blush spreading over me as he leaned down again to kiss me on the lips briefly before trailing his mouth down my neck to suck at my collar as his hands began to kneed my breasts. I gasped as he used his fingers to roll my nipples into tight points before taking one in his mouth, eliciting a low moan from me again.

"Draco," my voice cracked into a gasping moan as he sucked more on my nipple, as I tried to push him away just a bit.

"Mmm?" His murmured answer vibrated the nipple he had switched to when I inadvertently pulled away from his first ministrations. My moan was clear at that, as was his smirk.

"You're still dressed." I began pulling at his tucked in shirt to illustrate my point as he pulled away to help me solve our slight lovemaking problem.

His hands still roamed my body as I began to divest him of his uniform. I ran my hands reverently over his chest, which I loved, as I had already accessed it during heavier snog sessions. My hands shook terribly as I began to undo his belt, though. This was really the part I was afraid of. He pulled back from me this time, to help me remove his pants and boxers. He stood still, in front of where I was sitting on the bed in my knickers as I took in his whole, naked, body. The first really naked male body I'd ever wanted to see, much less taken the time to study. I reached out to take his penis in my hand, to feel what this was all supposed to be about. I jumped in my focus as he twitched in my hand as I squeezed him slightly. I couldn't help the curiosity that lead me to bring my mouth to explore as well, I wanted to know all of him, to know the taste of his skin there. I knew he wanted it when I wrapped my mouth around him, slowly, but after a moment he pulled away from me again.

"Later, Gin, if you want to, that can be later." And with that he moved back onto the bed with me. I still ran my hand lightly over his penis as he moved me onto my back again, kissing my breasts, and this time moving his mouth down my body.

I nearly flew out of the bed in surprise when I felt his hand lightly touching the inside of my thigh, the outside of my knickers. It was nothing on the outside compared to when he moved my knickers aside and touched me directly, skin to skin with the feeling of his erection against the outside of my thigh as well. He hooked his finger around my knickers as he began to pull them off and finished his movement down my body. His thumbs ran back up to the apex of my thighs as he parted my legs so that he could kneel between them, his attention focused on my center.

I moaned and arched into his hand as his thumb moved back to stroke me. I half closed my eyes at the feelings overwhelming me, but I could see that he was now focusing on my face as he stroked me, gradually moving to enter me with one finger, then two. As I arched against him and moaned my approval to what he was doing, I didn't quite notice as he bent his head between my legs as well. I did arch again into his skillful tongue though, when I felt the surprising new pleasure against my bundle of nerves. His fingers still stroking in and out of me were gradually becoming too little of him inside me.

"Draco, please, I'm ready, now." My hands grasped into his hair of their own accord as he began working his way back up my body, my skin now reacting to every brush of him against me.

Slowly he pushed himself into me. I held him tightly against the pain of him stretching me, but he was careful and it didn't hurt as much as I had once imagined. He watched my face again as he entered me, and this time I returned the gaze, feeling every inch of him for a moment, once he was all the way inside me, before he began to move again. He thrust slowly at first, long, full strokes in and out of me. Gradually, as we both became more worked up again, he began thrusting into me in a frenzy, grasping my knees, so he could pull me further against him.

The fire he had started in me earlier, returned again, a furnace in the base of my stomach. It didn't take much longer of him inside me for my muscles to bunch and the tight coil of my orgasm to explode, causing me to clamp around him and him to follow closely behind me in his climax.

We made love three more times before I returned to my room the next day, and that was the beginning of that part of our relationship. Which, I must say, has always been fairly exceptional.

We survived being together, our families and all, for two more years, even through the final battle and the aftermath that came, that is still being dealt with, actually.

Finally, we're at this point… this choice for our life. His mum is sitting beside mine as we look over, as he takes my hand. He looks pale as a sheet. I can't help it.

"Nervous?" I ask, teasing in my voice, which is pitched low so others can't hear. He seems unable to take his eyes off me, and I must say the favor is fully returned.

"Not now that you're here." His reply, the same as that which began this segment of our lives. I smile to hear it and remember the night I said it.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are gathered here today to unite Draco Malfoy and Ginevra Weasley in holy matrimony…" We've reached the rest of our lives, that's what we're pledging now, not some silly challenge, some silly game… now that's something to get nervous about.


-->