Unofficial Portkey Archive

When things Look up by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

When things Look up

Rid

Story Title: When things look up

Rating : Pg-13

Word count for this installment: 994

Summary-Harry and Hermione have tried to keep their feelings for each other a secret for almost five years now. What happens, when the press gets a whiff of their secret affair? How do they deal with it all? Read to find out.

"What are so many reporters doing out on the street," asked a puzzled Ron Weasley. "You think it's the birth of two set of twins born on one day that has brought them here?" he asked referring to twin boys born to Fred and George at the same time. He turned, and raised confused eyes to his best friends.

Noting the absence of a reaction from them, Ron raised his eyebrows suspiciously. "What's up?"

"There's an alien form trapped here in the hospital Ron," said Harry sarcastically.

"Really. Wow! How? When?" he asked, stammering excitedly. A loud sniff was heard from the other side of the room. Both men turned to find a distressed Hermione wiping her red nose.

"Why are you crying…….?" Asked Ron.

"Hermione, they were bound to find out some day. There's no point in getting embarrassed right now," said a bemused Harry.

"Find out what? Gosh people this is the third time I'm confused in the past three minutes," said Ron again.

"Come on Ron. You're not that clueless," said Harry.

"You mean these people found out about my crooked nose? Oh I knew it wouldn't be a secret for long. Ever since Malfoy punched me at Ginny's wedding rehearsal….." his words were cut short by a furious Hermione.

"It's not about you," she said. Getting up abruptly, her face pink.

"You mean there really is an alien form trapped here. I though Harry was only Joking," said Ron.

"Ron, mate I swear to Merlin, if you don't shut up already, I'm going to let fifty spiders loose on you," said Harry, his face a flaming red.

"Ok ok, I'm quite. Just tell me what the hell is all this about?"

"We're dating," said Harry simply. His shoulder slumpched in defeat.

"Mate, how can I date you? I'm already with Luna, ya know," said Ron grinning, enjoying his own joke.

"I meant Hermione and me, we're dating," he said again.

"You are," asked Ron, his eye's turning to Hermione's form on the couch.

"We are?" asked Hermione, shrugging in Ron's direction.

"Harry, April 1st is a month away. That reminds me, Fred and George will need a new razor, and Mom's been going on and on about this new cooking range, and then Luna wants to take a holiday with me …………" said Ron ranting on and on.

Harry, overcome by anger, took Ron by his shoulders and shook him violently. "Ron, Me + Hermione = Dating. Does this get through that tiny brain of yours?" asked Harry.

"Harry, who decided that we're dating," came a small voice from the other side of the room. Both men turned to see a rather angry Hermione.

This brought a mischievous smirk on Ron's lips. "Harry mate, you just cannot go announcing stuff like that about your sister-in-law."

"Sister-in-law?" shouted Hermione, turning to Ron.

"I though you said you were with Luna-"said Harry threateningly.

Throwing up his hands in defeat, Ron said- "Percy, its him. He has been eyeing Hermione since ages."

Harry made a face of disgust, as Hermione sat on the nearest couch clutching her chest, and spinning head.

"The point here is, that we have something going," said Harry, moving his hands to emphasize his words. "We have often been caught in embarrassing situations in public-"

"You mean when Fred caught both of you outside a closet on Dad's birthday this year?" asked Ron enjoying his friend's embarrassment.

"Yes- and a few more times when the press has been present," said Harry, blushing furiously.

"You mean when you ripped out Hermione's sleeve while asking her to stay at Ginny's wedding," asked Ron again.

"Yes Ronald, stop patronizing us," shouted Hermione.

"Yes. The point here is, I dropped a hint at Luna's party yesterday, and thanks to the girl's adoration for you, we find ourselves in a situation like this," said Harry.

"You mean the press is here because of your big mouth," asked Hermione, getting up, her wand clutched tightly in her hand. Small red sparks were flying in all directions. Ron took a small step away from her.

"Ex-cuse me? My Big mouth?" asked Harry, angry himself.

"She does adore me, doesn't she?" asked Ron.

"Gosh Ron, shut up already," said Hermione, muttering a quick silencing charm on him.

"What do you mean my big mouth," asked Harry.

"It's always you who will make all the big decisions. You have a habit of playing Hero." Said Hermione.

"I do not. You've been messing with my head since our seventh year," said Harry, scratching his head unconsciously.

"You're always like this. Every thing is always my fault," said Hermione, shouting.

"Me- you're the one who always has to know it all. Ron what?" asked Harry turning to Ron who was waving his hands frantically. Hermione gave a sigh and removed the charm on Ron.

"I just wanted to congratulate you guys on getting married, and having your first fight already," said Ron, softly. "Oh I also wanted the bowl of chocolate frogs".

"Are you stuck to the couch?" asked Hermione, raising her eyebrows.

"No, but why waste precious energy?" said Ron, extending his hands.

"The point here is things will always be like this between us," said Hermione, ignoring Ron's outstretched hand.

"Maybe you're right. We should rethink this," said Harry turning to the nearest window. He gave a long sigh. For many minutes nothing happened. Harry turned suddenly, to find a tearful Hermione looking at him, her fingers crossed. "Lets not fight anymore," he said softly.

With a small cry of pleasure, Hermione jumped into Harry's arms. Amongst gags made by Ron, both friends walked hand in hand towards the waiting press.

-->