Unofficial Portkey Archive

How Do You Like Me Now by Mister_Midnight
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

How Do You Like Me Now

Mister_Midnight

A/N: Another songfic for me. Got to change my thought process. Too morbid at the moment, thought something like this might lift my spirits a bit. Just a fun song. Another by Toby Keith. You'll figure out what the song is in a few moments, but just the quick old hat. Harry Potter and like are owned by J.K. Rowlings

How Do You Like Me Now?

Harry had just finished the letter he had been dying to write for months. Voldemort was gone, had been for about a year. He had spontaneously married the woman of his dreams a week after that event and they were expecting their first set of twins. He felt like he should return the favor of one of his old Hogwarts' flames. His ex had broken his heart, saying he was too foolish and insane for the doing the job he wanted. His wife loved him for it, which was why he married. She loved him for him, nothing more

"What are you doing?" She asked from the bed. He was up late, feeling like it was time to write to her. He'd have to pull a few strings, but it would be well worth it to see that old ex's face.

"Nothing, love." Harry gave her a kiss on the forehead before returning to the letter. "Just something I wanted to do for a long time. Get some sleep, got to pick out cribs tomorrow." His wife giggled at this. He knew she was very excited about this.

"Night." She said rolling over on her back. Smirking, Harry finished the letter quickly, before turning out the light and joined his loving, pregnant wife in their bed.

* * * * *

Cho Chang sat in the middle of the Quidditch field on a Saturday evening. She hadn't heard from Harry in quite a few years, and with the way her marriage was going, she felt like she still loved him. Harry had sent her a letter, saying he wanted to meet her for a private conversation. She hadn't heard from him since right after he defeated Voldemort, and that was only in the papers. She remembered that he had a crush on her back at Hogwarts and wondered if he still did. It would be nice if someone loved her like that again.

A light shone in the middle of the field, and she watched as Harry slowly stepped into it. She didn't look like the scrawny boy she remembered from Hogwarts. He had grown, how much she couldn't tell at this height, but even from up there, she could tell that he still had those piercing green eyes. His hair was different, shorter, but still as wild. He also wore a pair of sunglasses, a guitar, and a cowboy hat. She didn't have too long to wonder what this was all about.

"Yeah I was always the crazy one

Broke into the stadium

And I wrote your number on the fifty-yard line

You were always the perfect one, and a valedictorian

So under your number I wrote call for a good time

I only wanted to get your attention

But you overlooked me somehow

Besides you had too many boy friends to mention

And I played my guitar too loud

How do you like me now?"

Cho remembered that and blushed at the thought. She felt so embarrassed at it when it happened, and her boyfriend at the time asked her if was true and she didn't have a straight answer. It was only a few months before that she and Harry went out and broke up. She was pissed off at him, because she thought he was paying her back, but looking at it now, she felt it was romantic in a way. Her memories continued as Harry sung.

"How do you like me now?

Now that I'm on my way

You still think I'm crazy

Standing here today

I couldn't make you love me

But I always dreamed about

Living in your radio

How do you like me now?"

Harry began to float upward, and before Cho knew it, was next to her, smiling. She was rather flustered at this point and too angry to say anything about it.

"Hello Cho," Harry smirked.

"What do you think you're doing?" Cho said, trying to control. The anger she felt seemed knotted in her throat.

"Well I wanted to show you how happy I am," Harry said, looking out onto the field. "I always wanted to thank you."

"For what?" Cho spat.

"For refusing to go out with me," Harry said with a smile. "If you hadn't done that, then I never would've gotten where I am today."

When I took off to Tennessee
I heard that you made fun of me
Never imagined I'd make it this far
Then you married into money girl
Aint it a cruel and funny world?
He took your dreams and tore them apart

"What you talking about?" she asked, although she remembered the day vividly. How could one not live in the Wizarding world and forget it.

It was the day following the defeat of Voldemort. Harry looked ragged but happy to see all of his friends make it out alive. He had been gone for over three months during the year, and to his left was that little hussy Granger. That girl was always next to him. And Cho remembered thinking that Granger was probably only there because Harry put up with her. She remembered Harry coming up to her, and asking for them to try being boyfriend and girlfriend again. She said something nasty about Granger, causing his eyes to burn with anger slightly. He left before she could give him an answer. The next thing she heard was he was in America. Whereas she was with a Pureblood that did not love her, she gave birth to three children, two girls, one boy.

"What do you mean?" Cho said with a little fear.

"It was something you told me that day," Harry said smirking slightly. "How I would never put Hermione over you?" He glared at her lightly. Cho had the politeness to blush. She did use a much worse word. "Well, there was something else. It was you telling me my career as a singer wouldn't amount to much." He smiled at her again and she blushed once more. "I'm not famous, but I do well enough to make a living off of it. But that its why I'm thanking you. It's for setting me up with my wife."

"I never did not such thing," Cho said angrily.

"Not intentionally," Harry's eyes sparkled with mirth. "So how are you doing? In love with a worthless man, that the only good thing he gave you was his children?"

He never comes home
And youre always alone
And your kids hear you cryin down the hall
Alarm clock starts ringin
Who could that be singin
Its me baby, with your wake up call!

"How did you know?" Cho asked after a moment of silence. He had hit the nail on the head.

"I'm good at reading people, beside, it's not often that the Ferret makes the Prophet anymore," Harry said growing serious. "How is it going?" She knew what he meant.

"I'm scared, more scared then I've ever been," she said, attempting to keep her emotions in control. "He keeps lying about me, and threatening to take me kids away. I've got little money of my own and no job."

"I know of a good lawyer that could help you out," Harry said, offering a genuine smile. "In fact, she can more or less get you most of his money as well as the kids I think."

"Thank you, Harry," Cho said, wiping one of her tears off. "Whatever happened to Gran…I mean Hermione?" She had to be polite about her since Harry was helping her out.

"I'm just returning the favor by helping you out with your life, when you helped me with mine," Harry said standing up. "As for Hermione, well I see her every now and then." There was a mischievousness in his eyes that Cho could not understand.

How do you like me now?
How do you like me now,
Now that I'm on my way?
Do you still think I'm crazy
Standin here today?
I couldnt make you love me
But I always dreamed about living in your radio
How do you like me now?

"She doing well?" Cho asked, standing as well.

"For anyone in her position, I'd have to say yes." He kept the look in his eyes. "I've got to meet up with my wife. I'll owl you tomorrow, where should I send it to?"

"Malfoy manor," Cho said, shaking her head. "He's never home anyway, always off with some floozy. I still can't get over the fact that you're helping me."

"I just had to return the favor," Harry said, picking up his guitar and walking away. Cho shook her head. Whoever he was married must have been some woman to thank her for breaking up with Harry. She looked at the little rose in her hand and touched, being brought back to the manor. As long as she had her children, she would be happy. For some reason, they constantly remained her of Cedric, and she never really forgot him.

* * * * *

"How did it go?" Harry's wife asked him as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"Fair enough," he kissed her forehead as they headed for a convertible they drove back to Hogwarts. "She doesn't have a clue."

"Well, come Monday, maybe she will," his wife rubbed her stomach gently. "Oh." She said suddenly.

"What, something wrong?" Harry asked quickly. She gave him a smile that told him otherwise.

"Our pumpkins kicked," she kissed his cheek and went through the open door into her seat. "You can get your feel in when we get home."

"Yes Mione," Harry said, closing the door and kissing her lightly on the lips before tossing his guitar in the back and going to the driver's seat. Starting the car, Harry got on with the rest of his life, in peace.

-->