Unofficial Portkey Archive

Pumpkin Pie Madness by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Pumpkin Pie Madness

Hermione Potter

Disclaimer: I am in no way making money for Harry Potter!

A/N: In honor of Thanksgiving. Of course this is the day we stuff ourselves with turkey and pies. And what better to eat than the pies that support Harry and Hermione? PUMPKIN PIE! ENJOY! Oh and this Thanksgiving is set on November 24th because it moves around too much. This year its on the 25th. Next year it's on the 24th.

Pumpkin Pie Madness

By Hermione Potter

November 24th. It was Thanksgiving!

Hermione walked out of her room as she prepared herself for class.

In Hogwarts, she didn't think anyone one would know what Thanksgiving was except for Muggle-Borns.

Hermione always loved Thanksgiving. Almost as much as Christmas. It was a time you could be with your family. And be thankful for what you have. She wondered if Harry knew what it was too. Especially if he thought he was thankful to have her.

It was 6th year and Hermione had been the same studying sweet girl she'd been. But she had blossomed from a plain little girl to a beautiful young woman. But she had been trying to get Harry to notice her, there wasn't any hint that he knew she liked him at all.

That night, Hermione walked into the Great Hall, expecting the same delicious dinners they've been having for the past six years. When she came in, the hall as decorated with floating apples and pumpkins as the enchanted ceiling sprinkled colorful leaves.

She gazed at the sight happily and walked down before sitting across from Harry.

"It's brilliant, isn't it?" she asked him.

"Yeah. Fantastic," he sighed softly.

"What's wrong?" Hermione replied concerned.

"Nothing. I'll tell you about it later," Harry smiled reassuringly.

"All right," she replied softly as she concentrated her gaze on Professor Dumbledore.

"Students, today is a special day in the Muggle world. They celebrate a holiday in when they are thankful for the things they have. Here, we shall honor that holiday and have a moment of silence for our thoughts," he announced and then sat.

Few moments later, the Hall was silenced as they folded their hands together and began their thoughts.

Draco-I am thankful for Ginny and the path she has helped me go. And I hope that the rest of those Gryffindorks-I mean Gryffindors can accept me.

Ron-I am thankful for my family, my friends, my bloody brilliant chess moves, and most of all...FOOD!

Ginny-I am thankful for what my family has given me and that I am a witch. And I am thankful for Draco and that the fact that my brothers haven't kicked his arse yet.

Hermione-I'm thankful for becoming the witch of my family and making friends with Ron and especially Harry. I hope that someday, he can feel the same way about me.

Suddenly, Professor McGonagall tapped her goblet and the students looked up at her.

"We are all thankful that you have all been chosen to come to Hogwarts and that we are grateful for teaching you all," she smiled knowingly.

"Now with all that said, please let our meal begin," Professor Dumbledore clapped his hands and food spread through the house tables.

"Mmm, wow! Wait...this isn't chicken...," Ron said as he bit into the turkey.

"That's because it's turkey Ron. That's what Muggles usually eat at Thanksgiving. That or ham," Hermione said as she had some cranberry sauce.

"Oh...whatever. It still tastes good! Gimme some mashed potatoes," he said as he proceeded to talk with his mouth full.

"Honestly Ronald, that is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. You eat like a pig," Ginny commented next to him.

"Web ic not ma fut tat I luk to eat," Ron said between some fulls of mashed potatoes.

Hermione laughed and turned to look at Harry.

"Is something wrong with your food Harry? You seem quiet," she asked.

"I'll tell you later, remember?" he replied, eating his turkey.

"All right. I'm just really worried about you," Hermione sighed.

AFTER DINNER...

Hermione entered the Common Room and saw Harry sitting in front of the fire, his glasses next to him on a table. She made her way slowly to him and sat next to him.

"Will you tell me what's wrong now?" Hermione asked.

"First, do you want to have some pumpkin pie down in the kitchens? I didn't get a chance to have any before. Ron ate all of it," Harry invited softly.

"Of course. I didn't get any either," Hermione accepted as she walked down to the kitchens with Harry.

"Harry Potter! He has brought his Minnie with him! What can I get for you both?" Dobby asked excitedly. Harry and Hermione blushed.

"Dobby...Hermione isn't my Minnie...," Harry said, avoiding her eyes.

"Oh forgive Dobby!" the house elf said with a teary smile on his face.

"It's all right Dobby. Do you have any pumpkin pie left?" Hermione asked politely.

"Oh yes! Yes! We have pumpkin pie! Have all you want!" he told them as he handed them a pie with a can of whipped cream.

"Thank you," Harry said as they walked into the Great Hall.

Hermione sat down across from him and cut a slice for each of them.

"Do you want whipped cream?" Harry asked, spraying some on the top of his piece.

"Sure," she smiled, as he put some on hers.

Hermione took a bit and glanced at Harry. He was his quiet self again like at dinner.

"Now will you tell me what's wrong?" Hermione asked.

"When I was living with the Dursleys, they would just give me what they didn't eat. Every Thanksgiving was nothing but boredom for me. I had nothing to be thankful for," he explained solemnly.

"Oh, well...Harry don't you have anything to be thankful for now?" she asked.

"A lot. I'm thankful for Hogwarts, my new family, and my friends," he smiled.

"That's great!" Hermione smiled back, taking a bite of her pie.

"Hermione, you have some whipped cream on your nose. Here," he laughed as he put more whipped cream on her face.

"Harry! You little...oh never mind!" she huffed, spraying whipped cream on his face.

"Hey!" he replied taking his glasses off.

Harry jumped across the table and ended up toppling the both of them onto the ground.

Hermione opened her eyes and saw Harry's face close to hers, without any whipped cream. 'Must have used a spell,' she thought.

Hermione looked into his green eyes and blushed slightly. They stared into hers and came into her soul. It was so intense.

"Mione...do you know what I was most thankful for?" he asked huskily.

"No, what?" she whispered.

"You," Harry answered, letting his lips cover hers. Her eyes widened, but then shut as she drowned into the kiss.

A few moments later, they drew from the kiss and slowly got up, helping her.

"That was...,"

"Amazing," she finished.

"You were most thankful for me?" she asked. Harry raised his hand and stroked her cheek.

"Yes. You were always there for me. Even when I was mad at you. Last year, in the Department of Mysteries, I thought I was going to lose you when Dolohov cast that spell. I almost lost you. And that was when I realized that...I loved you," he whispered. Her eyes widened.

"Oh Harry...you don't know how long I've been waiting to hear those words from your lips. I love you too Harry! I love you too!" she exclaimed, hugging him tightly to her.

"Happy Thanksgiving Mione," he whispered in her ear, planting a kiss on her neck.

"Happy Thanksgiving to you Harry. This is the best Thanksgiving ever," Hermione replied.

"You have whip cream on your lips," he grinned.

"Mind helping me clean it off, Mr. Potter?" she smirked.

"I'd be delighted," Harry replied, and proceeded to do just that. With his lips.

A/N: Hiya! Please review! Again! HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!