Unofficial Portkey Archive

Return to Me by diggingupophelia
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Return to Me

diggingupophelia

Challenge Rules:

Leatharegee, Community Mod

In this challenge, the plot is up to you. Instead of giving you a plot, I'm going to give you two lists. One list of words and/or phrases you must use, and one list of words and/or phrases you cannot use.

***You may alter the words slightly - hand may also be hands, etc. That goes for words not to use as well - if the word you cannot use is hand, then you may not use the word hands as well.***

***The words may be used as any part of speech and or meaning for that spelling - i.e. saw can be i saw a cat or I used a saw to cut the board - and hide can be a skin or the verb to hide. However it best suits your purpose***

Words/Phrases you MUST use:

1. Poison

2. Ring

3. Glove

4. Dart

5. Glee

Words/Phrases you CANNOT use:

I'll just give you three to start, cause not using words is harder than using them. If you know what I mean. Lol.

1. Snow

2. Eyelashes

3. Pie

Or, if you want to take on a really difficult challenge, try not using this word:

  1. Harry*

  2. *if you take this challenge, then the first set of 'do not use words' does not apply to you. Unless you want it to. If so, by all means...go right ahead!

(A/N: I chose to use the option where I couldn't use Harry's name. Little drabbles to get the muse going, I am working on the next installments of JTFoU? and Charm Bracelet, so don't worry! Thanks so much for all of your feedback, I will respond to as many as I can individually before I update!)

Return to Me.

The words fell upon me and burned like poison. I couldn't understand what Dumbledore was saying to me. I couldn't force the works to make sense. There was something about my beloved and the word 'dead' and then something about a wand or a ward; I really couldn't be sure. After I heard the dreaded 'd' word my brain shut down. I wanted to dart off into the woods and search for him, but I used all the self restraint I could muster to keep my arse planted in the chair in front of the fire.

I looked to my hands and pulled off my purple dragon hide gloves - he gave them to me yesterday, just because he could - and studied the ring on my finger. A plain white gold band meant to symbolize our immortal love; and now he was dead.

I don't know how long I stared at that simple gold band thinking about him before I heard him.

"Hermione, who died?" he said in a concerned tone.

I wanted to answer, "You." But I knew it was my mind playing tricks on me and it wouldn't do to have me start talking to myself in the presence of others. So I ignored the voice. Well, I tried to ignore the voice, something told me to look up. So I did.

I saw a familiar pair of black leather boots. They used to be shiny, but now they were caked in blood and mud. As I scanned his legs, I noticed fresh cuts peering out from behind tears in the fine fabric of the trousers; which were also covered in mud. My eyes made it to the golden clasp of the green cloak I bought him for his birthday before I allowed my heart to leap with glee: those were his initials, our shared initials! It was him, it was really him.

I forced myself to look into his eyes, his emerald eyes, before I spoke, "You're alive!" I jumped up from my seat and ran to him. He pulled me into a tight embrace and let my body melt into his as I ran my hands through is sweaty and still unruly black hair. He whispered in my ear so no one else could hear, "Yes. I'm alive!" He paused to kiss me on the cheek, "I could never leave you. Never. No matter what I will always come back." Then he stepped away and took my left hand in his.

He kissed the ring on my finger before he handed me my gloves. His kiss was the antidote to the poison that was thrown at me earlier in the evening.

"Why don't you and I dart off to a dark corner of the castle and shag like teenagers?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. Danger always made him horny; the prospect of shagging him made me gleeful. I just gave him a sultry smirkā€¦

-->