Unofficial Portkey Archive

All I Want For Christmas by Jori
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

All I Want For Christmas

Jori

All I Want For Christmas
by Jori

Harry and Hermione. Christmas. Smut. What more is needed? NC-17

******************

"Hermione isn't coming for Christmas this year?" Harry asked Ron as if he didn't hear his friend quite clearly. He had heard him but wanted confirmation for Hermione always came to Christmas dinner at the Weasley's.

"That's what she told Ginny. She's far too busy on her latest project and can't get away for even the day. Mum is disappointed but you know Hermione -- it's always hard to part her from her books," Ron answered before picking up his bottle of butter beer (the adult kind since they were now both 26) and taking a long sip of the beverage. Harry was now staring past Ron, trying to remember the last time he hadn't spent the holidays with his two best friends. It had to be years ago.

"Not even for the day? What is she working on that's so bloody important that she can't even get away for the day?" Harry asked. Ron gave him a quick shrug. He put his butter beer down and Harry pushed his aside when their food arrived at the table. Two steaming bowls of a cheesy soup were placed before them but Harry wasn't sure he felt like eating anymore.

It was silly, he knew, being upset over something like Hermione having to work through Christmas. Harry realized she more than likely couldn't help it but he also knew Hermione. Even now, years out of school, she could get rather involved with her research and forget that she had a life and friends outside of her work. Harry couldn't even remember the last time Hermione mentioned she went on a date. Not that she would discuss this with him but Harry usually found out through Ron who found out through Ginny who seemed to know everything. Harry always suspected she had several of the twins' Extendable Ears handy at all times.

"I'm sure Mum will ask her again and she might change her mind but she keeps insisting she's working on something important," Ron said, blowing on a spoonful of soup before devouring it. He pointed his now empty spoon at Harry and got a funny look on his face. "Or maybe she's hiding something. Maybe Hermione has a boyfriend and she's not telling us."

Now Harry really lost his appetite.

He always got a funny feeling in his abdomen whenever the topic of Hermione's boyfriends came up. He was thankful that there hadn't been that many of them in the last few years so this rarely ever happened.

"You think so?" Harry asked, stirring his soup and watching the steam rise softly into the air.

"No, mate. She would have told Ginny and you know Ginny can't keep a secret that big," Ron said. "It would be nice, though, if Hermione finally did settle down. It would also be nice if you finally settled down, too."

Harry sighed and shook his head. Ron was the only one who had taken step to settling down and although he didn't think his friend was quite ready to marry Suzanne yet, he also knew he was far closer to that day than he had ever been.

"I haven't found the right person," Harry said, waving his hand in the air in a desperate attempt to change the conversation.

"You will soon enough. Then we can be miserable together," Ron said, scrunching up his face, obviously remembering why he was out with Harry tonight. Suzanne was mad at him so he was hiding from her with his best friend at a pub.

"Right. Miserable. That's just what I need. More misery," Harry said, rolling his eyes.

"You know what I mean," Ron said, giving Harry a grin. "I'm sure you remember the good parts of a relationship, too. I'm sure you miss some of those things."

Harry sank into his chair, trying hard to remember 'those things' while calculating how long it had been since any of 'those things' had happened. Months? No, worse. Over a year. It wasn't that the chance didn't come up a few times recently. He did meet many women and many were very interested in him but he just wasn't interested back, not even for a night of shagging. Maybe a few years ago, that would have been enough but now he was tired of women who just wanted a night with 'Harry Potter' and not a night with just Harry.

He wasn't sure what he wanted, though. He wanted someone who didn't care who he was in a life that seemed so distant now. Maybe he should try dating a Muggle again for then they'd have no idea who he was. He had tried that once and it ended in disaster. It was too hard trying to hide who he was and what he could do until the right time came about to explain it.

"Are you going to eat that?" Ron asked, nodding at Harry's soup which was quickly growing thick and cold.

"Er -- yeah," Harry said, taking one bite before getting lost in his thoughts again.

*************

"Ron and Harry suspect you are seeing someone," Ginny said from the fireplace. This caused Hermione to choke on her tea. She had to grab a napkin to dab the tea from her chin before it ended up on her white blouse.

"What? Why? I haven't dated anyone since Tim and we know what a disaster that was," Hermione said, putting her teacup aside and pretending nothing had happened as she continued to speak to the head floating before her in the warm fire.

"They can't imagine any other reason why you aren't coming to The Burrow for Christmas. Ron said Harry was very disappointed about the news. Ron would also be disappointed if he wasn't spending so much time figuring out how to propose to Suzanne," Ginny said. Hermione's mouth dropped open and as Ginny clasped a hand over her own mouth.

"Ron is what?"

"I wasn't supposed to tell you that! He wanted it to be a surprise for Christmas day. Don't tell Ron I said anything," Ginny begged. "Only the family knows. Not even Harry knows. He didn't even want the family to find out but you know how that goes."

Hermione strongly suspected that the only reason the family knew was Ginny told them all after she accidentally found out herself. It probably was only a matter of time before she slipped the news to Harry, too. There was no keeping a secret in the Weasley family, immediate, extended or otherwise.

"Oh, honestly. Since I won't be there on Christmas it won't matter much that I know, will it? I'm just surprised that he's even considering marrying that witch," Hermione said with a huff. She never much cared for Suzanne but knew she had no say in either of her best friends' lives when it came to love. She just hoped that Harry would have better taste when the time finally came for him to marry.

No, actually, that's not what she hoped for but that was something she'd never mention to Ginny Weasley or to any of the Weasleys for that matter. They would use anything she said as a sign that they should scheme to get her and Harry together and after all these years, she didn't want to suffer that sort of humiliation. If he felt that way, he would have certainly said something.

Wouldn't he?

Then again, this was Harry. There's a chance he'd never say a bloody word about what he felt.

"Hermione, are you listening to me?" Ginny asked loudly and Hermione realized she hadn't heard a word her friend had said for the past minute.

"Sorry," Hermione said. Ginny clucked her tongue at her through the flames and went on.

"Ron is obsessed with making the day perfect. Maybe you're the lucky one for not being here because he's making the rest of us mad. Fred and George are having a great time making fun of the poor boy. He got showered with gold rings the other day when he stepped out of the bath. Those two..."

Ginny went on but Hermione was finding it difficult to listen to her again. She was happy for Ron -- she truly was -- but a little part of her couldn't help being jealous. Ron had asked her to marry him ages ago when they were barely out of Hogwarts and she turned him down. She wanted to continue her schooling. She wanted to work for a while. She wanted... to not be married to Ron. It wasn't so much being jealous that Ron was asking someone else as much as it was being jealous that no one else had ever come close to asking her.

"So I can report back to my brother that you are still single?" Ginny asked and Hermione snapped to attention quickly.

"Yes! The reason I can't make it for Christmas is not because I'm having some secret affair with a French wizard. I already told you that I have to work. My project can't even be left for a day at this stage. I'm sorry, Gin, but I just can't make it. You know how I feel about Apparating long distances. I can't even make it for a few minutes," Hermione said. Ginny didn't hide her disappointment well but nodded in sympathy anyway.

"We will all miss you. I'm sure Harry will miss you, too. I'll tell them all you send your best and I'll let you know how the proposal goes as soon as it's over," Ginny said. The two witches made their goodbyes and Hermione settled back in her large armchair in front of the fire that was now empty save for the flames.

Hermione wasn't lying about having to keep an eye on her project on Christmas day but there really was more to the whole thing and it had nothing to do with having a boyfriend. No, it had more to do with not having a boyfriend. One particular boyfriend.

She sighed and picked up a journal filled with the latest news about several new potions many research wizards thought would 'cure' werewolves and she stifled a laugh at some of their ideas. With a little more money for research, it might be possible but that day was long off. At least it gave her something to think about besides where she would be spending the holidays.

*************

"Congratulations, mate!" Harry said, clapping his best friend on the back. "And to you, too, Suzanne." The pretty witch with the dark eyes was hanging on tight to Ron and admiring her ring. She smiled at Harry and continued staring at her finger.

"I must go owl my mother and father with the news," she said, with an accent so slight it was barely detectable. Pulling away from Ron, she rushed off to find the family owl.

Ron was beaming as he watched his future wife hurry off. His happiness made Harry smile on the outside but feel a twinge of jealousy on the inside. Suzanne loved Ron and it didn't matter what Ron had or didn't have. Or who he was. She just loved him because... he was Ron.

"You could have told me," Harry said, chiding his friend.

"I'm surprised Ginny didn't tell you. She's told everyone else between here and Diagon Alley," Ron said, frowning in the direction of his younger sister. She caught his glance and playfully stuck her tongue out at him.

"She didn't say a word to me. Does Hermione know?" Harry asked. Ron's eyes opened wide as if he had forgotten something.

"Oh, Merlin! I forgot about Hermione! I'll have to let her know as soon as possible -- unless Ginny told her already. I wish she could be here but Ginny said she really was working on something and that she wasn't having an affair with any of those French wizards she works with. Can't say I blame her. Some of those blokes are quite odd," Ron said.

"I should have Apparated there this afternoon. Then she wouldn't have been alone for the entire day," Harry said thoughtfully. He wasn't sure why he hadn't thought of it before it was too late. He didn't want to just pop in on Hermione without arranging it first. "Too bad I didn't owl her earlier."

A hand landed on his shoulder and Harry jumped. Ginny had somehow slunk up behind them and was standing incredibly close to Harry. Close enough to whisper in his ear.

"She won't mind if you just show up, you know. I'm sure Hermione would appreciate it, if you know what I mean," Ginny said, her voice nearly purring the words. Harry was always amused by Ginny and her catlike ways since Ginny's animagus was a small ginger tabby. He could never recall Professor McGonagall purring anything. What he wasn't amused by was the suggestive tone of her statement. He didn't think his recent crush (was he too old to have a crush?) on his best friend was that obvious but it was hard to hide anything from Ginny these days.

"What are you talking about, Ginny?" Harry asked, thankful Ron was now distracted with finding his fiancee.

"Hermione is all alone on Christmas because she's devoted to her job. Or is she? Maybe she's avoiding something... or someone," Ginny said coyly.

"Come on already, Ginny. What are you talking about?" Harry asked, swallowing hard past the impossibly large lump in his throat.

"You know what I'm talking about. Go visit her, Harry. You might be in for a Christmas surprise," Ginny said before she scurried off, leaving Harry feeling very alone in a room full of Weasleys.

*****************

Hermione had enough of work today. Progress was slow and although it took her mind off of things, she'd rather be in her flat wrapped up in the new cozy bathrobe her mother had sent her for Christmas and reading a book.

Speaking perfect French, she told her assistant that it was time for them to go home and the younger wizard looked happy that he was free to spend some time away from the office on this day. He Apparated out of the office before she even had time to put away all her papers. Hermione put her work into a small safe, took out her wand and locked it. Then it was time for her to Apparate home, too.

It was only a matter of seconds before she was standing in her parlor, wand still in hand. She quickly walked to the fireplace and lit a fire, hoping to quell the chill in the air. It was only when she was done with that task that she felt she wasn't alone in the room.

Her wand poised before her at the ready, she turned on her heel only to find someone snoozing in her arm chair. She let out a sharp cry before she realized it was just Harry. He quickly opened his eyes and jumped out of the chair, his wand held up now, too.

"Harry, what are you doing here?" Hermione said sharply. She put her wand down and pressed a hand to her heart, willing it to slow down.

"I thought I'd stop by and wish you a Happy Christmas," Harry said as if he might have been in the neighborhood and not in another country when he decided to come over. He slowly put his wand arm down as well and Hermione was thankful because she didn't want to be on the receiving end of any jinx Harry could send off.

"You scared me! You should be glad that I didn't turn you into a little pile of dust right there on my parlor floor," she said, her voice more squeaky than usual.

"I think I could have blocked that jinx," Harry said, giving her a casual grin. Easy for him to do -- he wasn't the one who found someone sleeping in his parlor.

"You never know," Hermione said, also smiling now. "How was the Weasley family Christmas party?"

Hermione sat down in a vacant armchair and watched as Harry sat back down, too. He drew in a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"He's going to marry her. I'm not even sure I like her..." Harry started but Hermione interrupted him.

"We're not the ones who have to live with Suzanne day in and day out so it's only really important that Ron likes her... Ron loves her," Hermione said.

"You don't seem very surprised," Harry said, tilting his head to the side quizzically.

"I'm not surprised. Ginny told me the other day," Hermione said and Harry nodded. She realized then that he was probably the only person who didn't know until it actually happened. "You came here to tell me about Ron? You could have just sent a letter with Hedwig, you know."

"I didn't just come to tell you about Ron. I also came to wish you a Happy Christmas and I thought maybe you'd like some company," Harry said. Hermione could swear she saw him blush slightly. The sight of his rosy cheeks and the way he nervously raked his hand through his boyish hair made her heart flutter. Could it be possible... no, of course not. Harry was just here because he felt sorry for her and didn't want her to be alone on a holiday.

Still, that blush...

"And I was under the impression that the two of you thought I wouldn't be alone on Christmas. Why would either you or Ron believe I was staying home because I was having an affair? I told Ginny and Mrs. Weasley that I had to work," Hermione said. Harry blushed more deeply now and adjusted his glasses on his nose.

"Wishful thinking?" Harry said and the flutter left Hermione's stomach just a little.

"You want to see me dating someone?" she asked.

"If that would make you happy," Harry said but Hermione detected something in his voice -- something that made her think he wasn't being completely honest with her.

"You'd be happy if I was happy with someone... else?" she asked, trying to pick her words carefully. He took a long time to answer her and she waited while he pondered what he was going to say. "Harry?"

"There was a time when I would have been happy with that but no, that wouldn't make me happy now. I wouldn't be happy if you were with someone... else," he answered. He then let out what could only be a sigh of relief, as if something was being lifted from his chest.

Hermione felt dizzy and closed her eyes, trying to take in the moment and wrap her brain around it all. Harry... he was saying what she thought he was saying, wasn't he? Harry sometimes could be pretty vague and this was not the time to be vague.

"So you're saying what?" she asked, hoping he'd be more clear.

"I'm glad you're not with anyone."

"But... why?" she asked, now opening her eyes and looking at him. He stuttered a bit and then stood up, pacing the room. "Why, Harry? What would make you happy?"

*************************

Harry was more flustered than he'd ever been around any girl -- woman before. Hermione was no longer a girl and he knew that full well. She was a woman and beautiful and just as brilliant as ever and he had loved her since... since he couldn't even remember anymore.

This was not what he had planned for this evening. He was going to come here, wish her a Happy Christmas, tell her about how Ron proposed to Suzanne and then maybe they could find a bite to eat somewhere in the city. Instead, she was questioning him about things he wasn't sure he was ready to answer yet. Yes, he had thought about what would make him happy but he had never let those thoughts fully form into anything in his brain. He never dared to, really, out of fear that he would just be disappointed.

But here he was and she was asking all the right questions and he could just say the right thing for once in his life. Then they could figure out where to go from here. One way or another, he could move on with his life.

Instead, he needed more time.

"You don't have a Christmas tree, Hermione?" he asked, looking around the small room. Hermione looked stunned by the sudden topic change.

"No, I don't. I never thought about it until you just mentioned it," she said rather coldly.

"Would you like for me to conjure a tree for you? I haven't practiced my conjuring skills in a while but I think I can manage a tree. Or else you'll end up owning a small terrier," Harry said to Hermione, who was now watching him through narrowed eyes.

"If conjuring a tree will make you happy, then go ahead and do it."

He ignored her little jibe and pulled out his wand again. It wasn't long before he pulled a small, fragrant tree out of thin air, complete with dancing green fairy lights. It cast a gorgeous glow over the room and Harry was relieved to find Hermione smiling ever so slightly.

"Very pretty," she said.

"Just like you," Harry added without thinking. No, that wasn't true. He thought Hermione was pretty but he never told her very often.

"Thank you," she said shyly and he caught her stroking a hand over her bushy hair, trying to smooth it down. That was as hopeless as the notion he'd ever get his hair to behave.

It was then that he decided he had enough time to think and it was time to act. Without giving it one more thought, he swept her up in his arms and kissed her, there with the fairy lights fluttering over her skin.

He had suffered his share of first kisses; all bumping noses and clanking teeth. This was not like one of those first kisses. This one was more perfect than he could have ever imagined and he had imagined it a lot in his life. Hermione's mouth opened under his and he felt her tongue part his lips and then he fell open to her completely. There was no turning back or stalling this now even though he knew they should discuss this further.

She tasted of sweet tea and Christmas biscuits and this close, she smelled like vanilla. Maybe it was his imagination since he couldn't remember Hermione ever smelling of anything but old books and ink but right now she smelled as sweet as she tasted.

Her hands held his face in place as they continued to snog and he in turn pulled her as close as he could, his own hands on her tiny waist. There was no space between them and the kiss burned through his body and he felt as if they were melting together. His glasses went askew on his nose but he wasn't going to stop to fix then now.

With his heart thumping against his rib cage, he moved them across the room until they were near her couch (he hoped) because he had to sit down. His legs had turned to jelly and her hands were now moving from his face and down his chest and he had to sit down before he fell down.

They tumbled onto the couch together, Hermione on top of him, and it was only then that she drew her face away from his.

"This isn't just some Christmas pity snog, is it?" she asked.

"No!" Harry declared, uncertain how she could believe such a thing.

"Good, because I want more from you," she said, licking her lips. Yet, despite her words, the two of them did nothing for the longest time but stare at each other. Harry reached up and pushed Hermione's hair out of her eyes and she played with his fringe, brushing it from his forehead. She looked serious and he knew she was thinking. "Why now? What's happening, Harry? Did something change in your life?"

Leave it to Hermione to get analytical while he was getting a hard on.

"Maybe it's just the right time. I'm not really sure but I know over the last few weeks -- months, even -- you're all I think about. When Ron suggested you might have a boyfriend here in France, I felt odd," he said and her brow creased in thought.

"Jealous?"

"A little," Harry admitted. Hermione moved down his body and cocked an eyebrow when she realized exactly what she was sitting on. He laughed nervously, feeling his cheeks grow hot. "I apparently want more from you, too."

"I've waited a long time to hear you say that. I would never tell anyone -- I couldn't even really admit it to myself -- but it's the truth. I'm so glad you decided to drop by," she said, leaning toward him for another kiss.

This one was far more gentle then the first as they explored each other slowly, savoring the moment. She nipped at his bottom lip and he then he traced the soft arch of her lips with his tongue while his brain buzzed with emotions and sensations. This was his Hermione moving that way on his lap. This was his Hermione now swirling her tongue in his mouth. This... this was now his Hermione.

*************

Hermione pulled Harry's glasses off and set them aside. It had been years since she had seen him without his glasses (probably the last time he was in hospital) and right now, she needed to see his eyes. They twinkled and reflected the glow of the fairy lights on her newly conjured tree but more than that, in their green depths, they showed her just how much he wanted her.

She had a million questions she wanted to ask of him but yet her body was winning out over her head. They'd have plenty of time to hash out all the details of this relationship later. She had waited long enough to make love to Harry and she wasn't going to wait any longer.

His kisses made her toes curl and she couldn't even begin to imagine what was going to happen when they got beyond simple kisses. She felt as if there was no longer enough air in the room to breathe and she was growing light headed.

The soft sound that escaped his throat as they continued to kiss made her heart beat even faster and she knew by now her face had to be flushed red with desire. Sitting up, she began rolling her hips and rocking against him until he moaned. The look of hunger and desperation on his face made her warm inside, knowing that it was directed at her.

With a bit of fumbling, they managed to get his jumper off and it was flung to the side. Her fingers swept over his chest, brushing her thumbs against his nipples. He pleaded for more and bucked his hips up against her as she slipped down his legs so she could now use her tongue in the spot her fingers had just been. While she was teasing and licking him, his hands went to her hair, playing with the curls.

Hermione gave Harry a quick smile before she started down further over his chest, stopping a brief moment to swirl her tongue over his belly button the trail of hair that led her down more and more...

She had never seen a man move so quickly to get his pants off as Harry did and for a second she was convinced there was some sort of magic involved. There had to be. His shoes and socks were now on the floor and his pants were down around his knees and she was staring at his erection, taking in the sight of Harry... her Harry... filled with so much want and desire.

Taking Harry into her mouth, Hermione's tongue explored him further, feeling the warmth of his flesh against hers. His hips moved, ever so slowly, and she could feel that he was doing his best not to just let go. She wanted him to let go; to meet his sweet release right now. A part of her was also aching for more. She needed him to be inside of her when he came. Needed it like she hadn't needed anything in a long, long time.

She also wanted to feel his mouth on her. She wanted to receive and give and feel everything. Hermione just wasn't sure she'd be able to take it all in at once since the room was already spinning around her. She let him slip from her mouth as she caught her breath, placing her cheek against his wet cock.

"Harry, please... oh, please," she said without even thinking about the words. She wasn't sure what she was begging for but she needed... something. Everything.

He didn't waste any time in pulling her up until they were face to face again. His brow was covered in sweat and she kissed him, not knowing what else to do because it was all too much.

"Get undressed," he said, tugging at her blouse before he started at the bottom button.

"Here? I do have a bedroom," she said, realizing that at any moment, someone might pop into the fireplace with a Christmas greeting.

"No, here. I can't make it to the bedroom this time. It will just have to wait until next time," Harry said, his fingers racing through the buttons and then finding the clasp to her skirt. In no time, she was just in her bra and knickers and he was staring at her appreciatively. Or at least she hoped it was appreciatively. Maybe he was shocked at the sad state of her undergarments.

He obviously didn't care that much because it wasn't long until she was out of those, too, and he finally kicked his pants the rest of the way off. They were naked together at last and she didn't know what he was going to do next or whether she should initiate the next move.

She didn't get the chance.

Harry pulled her so she was now over his face, her hands grasping onto whatever part of the couch she could find tightly as his tongue twirled around her clit. She was embarrassed for a moment about the position they were in but got over it quickly as the pleasure from what he was doing started to burn through her body.

Hermione closed her eyes and just went with what was happening without thinking about it. How could she think at all when Harry was doing this to her? All she could think was 'more' and 'please' and those words tumbled out of her mouth over and over.

She quivered as she felt his tongue delve into her body and then lap back up to her clit, which he sucked in ever so gently between his lips. Hermione wanted to scream in pleasure but found that she was speechless. Harry wrapped his hands around her waist and held her still as he continued on with what he was doing and Hermione was finding it very hard to stay still. She wanted to move. She wanted to feel all of him inside of her. She wanted...

To get off this couch so she could move.

"Harry, can we please take this to the bedroom?" she asked, moving away from his mouth even though she didn't want to. "I promise you it will be worth it."

With that, he pulled her into his arms and they both Apparated into another room.

***************

Harry knew it was only a matter of luck that they ended up on Hermione's bed. They were both good at Apparating but under these circumstances, his head was a bit fuzzy and he was just glad they didn't end up stuck in her loo.

He was on the bottom, his back against her headboard, and it wasn't long before Hermione's hands moved between them and guided his erection into her body. When she started moving, he felt... he couldn't even describe what he felt but it was as if all the years he spent alone were washed away in a moment's time.

She stopped moving and smiled at him, her hair a wild mess and her hands now on his shoulders. He knew he loved Hermione but now he loved her more than he thought possible. It wasn't just sex but the idea that she felt the same. She loved him, too. He needed that more than he would ever admit to.

"What?" she asked nervously, her soft smile fading away. "Did I do something wrong? Am I going to fast?"

"No! You've done everything right! I was just thinking about how much..." Harry blushed before he could get the words out, afraid of saying them. If he admitted it, would everything change? Would something happen to her? Still, he had to let her know. "About how much I love you."

This made Hermione's smile reappear, bigger than ever, and she laughed. "I love you, too, Harry. I really do."

They both stared into each other's eyes for a while, taking it all in. Then Harry asked, "Now that we've got that out of the way, do you think we can get on with it?"

Laughing again, Hermione started moving, rolling her hips in a way that let Harry nearly slip out before she took him all the way back in again. He put his hands beneath her bottom to help her keep rhythm and enjoyed the sight of her body as it moved against his. She slid a hand between them to touch herself and Harry's eyes wandered down to where they were joined.

It was all so much to take in. There had been moments of happiness in his life and moments when he felt he was loved and safe but this was better than anything he had ever experienced. This nearly made up for all those Christmases he spent feeling unloved and alone. It had been a long time but it still haunted him. Until now. Now he had the feeling he'd never spend another Christmas alone.

Harry moved a hand until it was over Hermione's and stroked her as she continued to rock up and down. No longer watching their joined bodies, his eyes met hers and their gazes remained locked. Expression after expression crossed her face from joy to concentration and Harry knew they couldn't last much longer. It didn't matter because they could do this over and over again for the rest of their lives.

With a gasp, Hermione came, her body shuddering and quaking around his. Only now did she close her eyes, her mouth open in perfect pleasure. Harry stopped everything to watch her, amused and amazed that he made his Hermione come.

When she finally opened her eyes, a coy smile tipped up the corners of her lips and she started moving faster, taking him in further. She clenched her muscles tightly and that was it for him. He was falling and his world went bright and brilliant and the only thing keeping him here was Hermione's body holding him in place.

Hermione's body, which was so warm and soft. Hermione's body, which he never wanted to leave again.

They fell into each other's arms and Hermione pulled a quilt over them as a chill filled the room. Neither of them seemed to have the need for words or chatter right away which was fine with Harry. He hated nervous girls who never shut up... even though normally, Hermione could easily fall into that category. Now, she seemed content, gently sighing every once in a while.

He held onto one of her hands while her other one was pressed against his chest, right over his heart that was still thumping hard.

"Happy Christmas," Hermione said, finally breaking the silence.

"Yes, Happy Christmas," Harry said in return, kissing her on top of the head.

"You can probably still make it back to the Weasley's for dessert. You wouldn't want to miss Mrs. Weasley's fruit pies, would you?" Hermione asked, as if this was an option Harry was entertaining.

"Hermione, why would I want pie when I can have you?" he asked, turning to look her in the eye.

"It was just a thought."

"Not a very good one," Harry said, hugging her close.

"I could go with you," she suggested and he couldn't figure out what she was getting at. "I think I can handle the long distance Apparation just this once."

"Why would we want to go to the Weasley's when we can stay here and do this again?" Harry asked.

"Well, there is the pie... and I think everyone would like to know that this Christmas, I finally got what I wanted."

*************

The End