Unofficial Portkey Archive

Happy Chirstmas, Harry. by diggingupophelia
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Happy Chirstmas, Harry.

diggingupophelia

A/N:I know I haven't updated my stories in a while, but the Muse is not really interested right now. I will be doing it. I have been working on the stories slowly… I have bits of each one started. However, if you want to read some new things, you can check out my livejournal. I really encourage you to visit my journal!

www.livejournal.com/users/sapphiretragedy

I am always posting ficlets, drabbles, and challenge responses in there. Plus, you can leave me some hints as to what you would like to see in an upcoming story. Just comment and let me know you are reading, otherwise I won't bother.

I am trying to work on the many stories I have started and will do my best.

Diggingupophelia

Merry Christmas to all, I hope you enjoy this little fluffy ficlet. I also hope it holds you over until I get some inspiration for my other stories!

Happy Christmas, Harry!

Harry and Hermione had spent a lot of Christmases together as friends and then as more, but this was their first Christmas as a married couple. Harry had somehow envisioned his first Christmas as a married man as being perfect, because he would finally be able to do things his way. He would finally get to celebrate Christmas the way he thought was best. However, the universe had other plans for Harry and his first Christmas with his wife.

The day had started out well enough. He made sure that he was the first one up, and went to make Hermione breakfast in bed. When she woke up to the surprise, she pushed Harry out of the way and ran to the bathroom to vomit.

"My cooking isn't that bad is it, Love," he called through the locked door. He tried to unlock it with magic, but Hermione didn't want him in there with him.

Hermione didn't answer him. So, Harry tried again. "Hermione, are you ok?"

The door slowly opened to reveal a very pale Hermione. "Yes, Harry, I am fine." She gave him a slight smile, but Harry was not convinced.

"Maybe we should give Poppy a call. She is always willing to help us. I don't like the way you look…"

"You are quite the charmer, aren't you?" Hermione put on her best impression of Harry's voice, "Happy Christmas, Love, I think you look like a dung bomb that has exploded!"

"That isn't what I meant Hermione, and you know it!" Harry spoke with a little more venom than he had intended.

"Harry James Potter! How dare you…just…I can't…" before Hermione could make a coherent sentence, she was sent back to the toilet to retch a second time for the morning.

This time, Hermione didn't have time to shut the door. Harry was right on her heels, holding her hair back and rubbing comforting circles on her back. Well, he thought they were comforting, Hermione thought they were annoying.

"Stop touching me, Harry!" she said as she crouched next to the toilet.

"Sorry, I was just trying to help," the hurt was apparent in his voice.

"No, I am sorry, it's just…can I have a cool cloth?"

Harry got her the cloth and wiped her face with it. "What is it, Love?"

"Nothing."

Hermione's response was too quick for Harry. "Hermione, you can tell me anything."

"Ok, well you know how I have been sick lately, and tired all of the time?"

Harry turned pale. His wife was about to tell him that she was dying. He had lost everyone, and now, after he could finally live a happy life, the Fates were going to take her away, too. "Oh, Merlin, Hermione, don't worry, I'll get you the best treatment money can buy."

"Treatment?"

"Well, I don't want to lose you, I'll do anything…"

Hermione started to giggle. This irritated Harry. "And what is so funny about the fact that you are dying, Hermione?"

"You are thick! I am not dying!"

"But you said…"

"Harry, stop! I am not dying. I feel like I want to right now, but I am not dying."

"Then why have you been throwing up and so tired for the past three weeks?"

Hermione just looked at Harry and smiled.

"Are you going to keep me in suspense all day, or do I have to call Poppy and ask her?"

"Poppy won't tell. Patient confidentiality and all that! You are going to have to guess."

"…"

"I know you wanted to wait until you were done with all this Quidditch business, but…"

"Merlin's balls! Are you…" he paused, "pregnant?"

"Yes."

"But, we were so careful…"

"Obviously not."

Harry pulled Hermione into an embrace.

"Hermione, that is the best Christmas gift I could ever have."

"You aren't upset then?"

Harry smiled and laughed. "No. I mean, I know what I said, but…a baby! I have to owl Ron and Remus, and Hogwarts. I'll want to make sure his name is down for Seeker, first year and…"

"Hold on a second, who said we were having a boy!"

"Well, I just assumed, a girl would be good. Then I'll need to get a chastity belt, and we'll have to build a tower, and change all the wards…"

"HARRY!" Hermione smiled as she scolded him. "A tower?"

"How else are we going to keep the boys away? I mean, our daughter is going to be as beautiful as her mother. And that spells trouble."

"We have time to worry about that."

"I love you."

"I love you, too. Happy Christmas, Harry."

~Fin~

-->