Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Gryffindor Sword by SoraSummers
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Gryffindor Sword

SoraSummers

Chapter 28

"NOOOO!!!" Harry screamed, bolting to the house, throwing open the door and storming into the family room. All three Dursley's were laying on the floor, apparently unharmed.

But unmistakably dead.

Harry couldn't believe it. He had hated them all those years, and now, finally, everything was going to be fine. But now they were dead. Dead because of him.

"Harry?" Hermione said weakly by the door. "Are they..."

"Yes, they are." Harry replied, Hermione broke into sobs. It was just then that Harry noticed a picture that Petunia was clutching in her hand. It was the photo of him and Hermione, and it had been signed.

Your mudblood girlfriend's parents will be next Potter.
-Bellatrix

"No!" Harry screamed, and bolted out into the yard just as ten or eleven death eaters apparated into the yard.

It started immediately.

"RICTIFY!" Harry screamed the ultimate stunning curse and three death eaters were instantly out of the fight. Harry apparated quickly behind two more death eaters and stunned them as well.

"STUPEFY!" came Hermione's voice, stunning the nearest death eater.

There were only four left now, but the nearest to Hermione grinned maliciously and bellowed, "AVADA KEDAVRA!"

"EXPECTO PARTONUM!" Harry yelled, and his white stag patronus leapt in front of the spell and blocked it, then vanished.

"Expelliarmus!" Harry screamed, and the death eater's wand flew away.

"Stupefy! Harry, behind you!"

Harry apparated quickly and stunned the death eater he had come out behind. Harry caught the last two with an anti-apparation jinx as they tried to flee, and then wrapped them all up in a more powerful one and sat down, waiting for the auror's to appear.

Harry glanced at all the death eaters and was disappointed that he did not recognize any of them, no doubt they were not important to Voldemort.

"Harry!" Hermione screamed, throwing herself around him. "Oh you were brilliant Harry, but why, why did they come back? I mean your family was already--dead?"

Harry looked at her, tears streaming down her face, he then realized he was doing the same.

"They were after your parents," Harry sniffed, unable to look her in the eye. Hermione gasped in shock but understood.

Her parents were running towards them now, having been paralyzed in fear seeing their daughter nearly die in battle. "Hermione! Harry!" Her mother screamed, hugging them both. "Oh I'm so glad that you're all right!"

Mr. Granger turned to Harry with tears rolling down his cheeks. "Thank you Harry," he gasped. "I-we will never forget this."

Just then Mad-Eye, Kingsley, and Tonks apparated on the scene.

"Bloody hell Harry," Kingsley said grinning. "Leave some for us next time eh?"

Harry gave him an evil stare, and then Kingsley's face turned to horror.

"No," he gasped. "Don't tell me, your aunt, uncle, cousin..."

Harry nodded, tears still splashing down his front. "They're gone. It was Bellatrix. She was gone before we got here."

He motioned at the unconscious death eaters behind him.

"They were after Hermione's folks." Hermione's parents gasped, they hadn't realized that they were the targets. "I'm sorry Mr. and Mrs. Granger, but we have to go."

With that he drew Hermione in for a passionate kiss, and then they apparated to Grimmauld place, and met a stunned Weasley family in the kitchen.

"Harry! Hermione! What are you-wait, what's happened?!" Ron yelled, realizing that something was seriously wrong.

Harry looked at them all wiped tears from his face. "The Dursley's are dead."